[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 46 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Amazing Cultivation Simulator thread 3

>What is Amazing Cultivation Simulator?
It's a Chinese Wuxia / Xianxia (more the former) Sect building simulator where you recruit disciples, train them up with cultivation through various tiers of power, concoct pills, draw talismans, craft artifacts and scream "JUNIOR, YOU DARE?!" at everyone who looks at you funny.
It's built with Rimworld as a base, but doesn't share too much in common with it beyond the impressive array of war crimes you can commit.

>Is this game for me?
Nascent Soul, Golden Core, Primal Daoist. If you look at those and have an idea of what they actually mean, and you're willing to learn an involved game with an incredible amount of depth, then this is your game and it was made for you.
>>
There any way at all to 'assist' the RNG in generating thoughts at all that isn't observation, for example putting the items near their pastures? I want "Facing West" but it's such a chore to obtain.
Also, what are the base stats of a Tiger Yaoguai? From my testing on the new game screen I thought they were 10/8/0/4/4, but the observed I got when testing awaken just now was 10/8/1/4/2, the luck being the most critical factor here.
>>
>>482606
Mods to remove the observation limits can help with that. Placing items doesn't seem to help.
The base state are 6|6|1|4|2 for tigers.

>>482591
There's a way it won't mess up your Hellgate. For the 3 Kunlun Gates, set them only accessible for Inner, while the actual Hellgate is for Any. That way, all those mortals go to the Hellgate, while I can still have a visually pleasing entrance for the Sect. But if I don't feel like farming mortal souls, I can set the 3 Kunlun Gates to Any.
>>
>>482627
>Mods to remove the observation limits can help with that. Placing items doesn't seem to help.
What mod? I'm just going to reset until I get enough Facing West / Gems / Moon anyway, might as well use a mod and save a little time.
>>
>>482631
This one.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2355196552
>>
File: 20210321141610_1.jpg (736 KB, 1920x1080)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
>>482640
Cheers.
>>482627
>The base state are 6|6|1|4|2 for tigers.
I can only tell you what I'm seeing, which is 10 Perception with zero shards (to my knowledge) boosting it.
How about Qi Sense, that locked to some number, or when the time comes should I reset aiming for something in particular? Have had 7, 7 and now 6.
>>
How bad is the 40% accuracy loss from 'Treasures' for an artifact mastery cultivator?
>>
File: Refined_Commieblocks.png (2.14 MB, 1003x1028)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
>>482655
It's not really locked, but rather based on some stats. For the initial spawning, it's based on their seed and traits. Not really something you can influence.
https://amazing-cultivation-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Skill
>>482698
If they're meant for low-power|high-dps, it's not that terrible. But they will be missing a lot (the enemy as well as their artifacts).
>>
>>482722
>Not really something you can influence.
I'm 99% sure at this point it's something I can at least reset for, because in 5 attempts at awakening and resetting, I've had anywhere from a base 6 Qi Sense to a base 10 one. Higher may be possible, I've no clue.
>>
File: 20210321160433_1.jpg (465 KB, 1920x1080)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>>482655
What are state / method bonuses?
Weirdly, the only inner I have with a good method bonus is my crappy t8 core cultivator I've had since the start.
>>
>>482593
>It's a Chinese
dropped
>>
>>482593
Can I purposefully train some of my disciples wrong as a joke?
>>
>>482733
That's the seed part I was referring to, set when you awaken an animal. If you consider savescumming a method, then you can influence it. If their Qi Sense skill level cap is 20, then 8 is is ideal, anything less requires subspirit sets or branches.
>>482752
State refers to their current stage. 1-3 is for Qi Shaping, 4-6 is for Core Shaping, 7-9 is for Golden Core, 10-12 is for Primordial Spirit. Demigods are just Primordial Spirits that have gone through their Ascension tribulation. Different law stages can have different values (within those limits).
Method bonus is given when their law has certain skills (Ascended statue miracles). Remolding(From Primordial Alchemy Law) for the Alchemy Branch, as an example.
>>482810
Absolutely. You can also send them on suicide missions.
>>
>>482810
In what ways were you thinking?
But yes, there is a very large degree of freedom.I'm sure you won't have to try on purpose in order to train your disciples wrongly though, anon :^)
>>
>>482814
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY
>>
>>482815
Yeah honestly you could probably do something roughly similar.
>>
File: 20210321182738_1.jpg (641 KB, 1920x1080)
641 KB
641 KB JPG
>>482752
Need to wait for the season bonus to tick over to +5, but looks like I'm finally just about ready to great my latest and greatest golden core to date.
>>
File: 20210321184523_1.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>482898
I honestly have no clue what to expect from these options.
Don't think I want the scroll and I'm guessing the metal chunks are 3x Lumina Core? I really have no clue.
>>
File: 20210321185150_1.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>482917
Not the fucking time for this, pls. Can I pay you guys to fuck off?
>>
File: Winter_Has_come.png (1.24 MB, 809x832)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>482898
If your breakthrough lasts longer than a few days, then it's best to start just before the peak time, since the overall result is based on the average bonus. That's also why Yin|Yang doesn't matter for longer breakthroughs.
>>482917
The first one is an item that upon consumption will grant all 3 Shendao laws.
The second one will give you 3 items that grant Shendao guards (will give a guard to a Divine Realm+ Shendao, but only once).
The third one will give you 9 Ancient Scrolls (Shendao items, either Sacred Pavilions or other rare Divine Realm buildings, can also gain the third Shendao Law from them).
Those are the options for the third golden casket.
>>
What's the best chinkshit novel to read?
I'm 200 pages into Desolate Era and while it has all the mechanics from the game it's written like ass
>>
>>482593
>It's built with Rimworld as a base
You mean as in it's literally based on Rimworld, or it just has the same basic concept and took it in a new direction?
>>
>>482992
Similar concept at start, also built with unity (different developers), but the similarities end when you get your first inner disciple.
>>
File: 20210321192233_1.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1080)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>482929
Was completely and utterly scuffed as I was so busy fighting off the two attacks that happened (and my core shaping lucky fire cultivator for finding Earth Fluxes decided she needed to get in on the action while I wasn't watching), plus I fucked up a couple of parts like not instantly refreshing the weather and so on, still got 373k core quality where my previous best was about 250k.
I'm guessing I can hit 400kish quality if I hold off for a day where I'm not fighting for my life throughout it, should be nice when that time comes. I did briefly test out her alchemy powers though and at least without learning tons of alchemy yield manuals the result left me kinda disappointed in a "that's it?" sorta way.
>>
>>482969
>I'm 200 pages into Desolate Era and while it has all the mechanics from the game it's written like ass
What's the problem exactly?

>What's the best chinkshit novel to read?
If you hate Desolate Era, I'm not entirely sure I can recommend you a Xianxia you won't hate as all others have at least some problem in some way.
>>
>>483042
I don't hate it. It's just written or translated like shit.
I'm gonna keep reading it to fall asleep but man I simply wish it was better you know
>>
>>483045
Pls elaborate.
The best Chinkshit novel in terms of sheer writing quality is easily "Lord of the Mysteries", but it's not actually a cultivation novel but rather a reinvention of one.

I literally cannot name a cultivation novel I'm sure you won't hate the writing of. I tentatively want to say "Against the Gods" but that's the closest I can suggest.
>>
>>483061
I'll add those to my backlog and check them later when I'm bored of desolate era. I read the three body problem trilogy by Liu Cixin and that's the extent of chinese fantasy I've ever read.
>>
File: 20210321224531_1.jpg (447 KB, 1920x1080)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>483025
>Kill them
>Wait for the next day to begin
>"Your sect is under attack!" at almost the exact same time
I think I can see I'll just have to bite the bullet and carefully do this shit while under attack, or I'll never get anywhere.
>>
Why are you numbering the threads?
>>
>>(you)
Because there's been that many of them.
>>
Please note that, like /v/, "Generals"—long-term, one-after-the-other, recurring threads about a specific game are not permitted on /vst/. Such threads belong on >>>/vg/
>>
>>(you)
Not a general, do you see general in the title? I don't.
This is the third discussion thread in a row for the game recently, if you don't like that I'm afraid that's too bad.
>>
>>483025
>I'm guessing I can hit 400kish quality if I hold off for a day where I'm not fighting for my life throughout it, should be nice when that time comes.
>Literally do worse than the first time
I don't know if it was because I let Noxious Air run out without noticing it, twice, or because I fucked up other stuff, or if the gloomy mood that happened in the middle of it has a detrimental effect on golden core breakthroughs, but fucking hell these attacks are getting in my head.
>>
File: Spring Festival.jpg (17 KB, 601x42)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Okay so, what's the correct way to use this buff for a Golden Core breakthrough, what times is it useable between (8PM and what?), how long does it generally last for and how much of a bonus does it provide?

I was trying to use it last night and I think I've now found every single humanly possible way to fuck it up so I (probably) know the first one, but I'd still like to check.
>>
>>483772
there's a thing you have to build, you get the blueprint from one of the places in the ocean iirc
>>
>>483772
That's for Firework (Dragon), a building you get from Illustrated Book of Coming Spring, the spring festival manual from Otherworld Rift, not the Firecrackers you get from the Merchant|Elves. I'm not seeing where it's limited by time, nor season.
When you set off those buildings, it starts a Spring Festival weather, adding 150 Qi to all tiles on the map. It lasts as long as the beings stay on your map. After that you can light more Firework (Dragon) buildings for another weather.
Very useful when used together with Grandmaster's Aegis (Protect weather from some Ascended Xiandao statues).
>>
>>483783
>>483785
>there's a thing you have to build, you get the blueprint from one of the places in the ocean iirc
>That's for Firework (Dragon), a building you get from Illustrated Book of Coming Spring, the spring festival manual from Otherworld Rift, not the Firecrackers you get from the Merchant|Elves.
Yeah I figured that out after the first fuck up, and figured out it meant 9 of the same building and not one of them surrounded by 9 firecrackers after two subsequent fuck ups.
I'm just not sure how it's working like if it was adding a fixed amount of Qi to every cultivator and I should use it before doing the breakthrough, or I should use it during the breakthrough, and what my limits are, etc.

>Very useful when used together with Grandmaster's Aegis (Protect weather from some Ascended Xiandao statues).
That I have no idea what it is.
>>
Thinking about buying it, will i outright need guides to figure things out or can i experiment my way forward?
>>
>>483910
The weather effect adds 150 Qi to all tiles on the map. It lasts as long as the weather lasts. When the weather ends, the 150 Qi bonus from all tiles is removed.
Use it during the GC forming.
You can't have 2 simultaneous Spring Festival Weathers.
If you ascend Xiandao cultivators, they leave behind Mortal Remains, often called Xiandao statues. Xiandao statues can perform miracles based on the law of the cultivator. Protect is one of the miracles. Protect grants Grandmaster's Aegis, a weather improving all 5 elemental breakthrough chances and increases Qi on all tiles by 300.
>>483916
If you do the entire tutorial (and not just the prologue) then you can experiment your way forward past early-game. But for the more complex topics (like formations) it's best to get the help of guides.
>>
>>483916
some things assume cultural knowledge that you probably won't have if you haven't read any cultivation stuff before but the in game glossary is pretty good
>>
Someone recommend me a good (and well translated) Xianxia book/series to get me in to the right headspace for this game.
>>
>>483929
I will always say Desolate Era, unless given some better indication of what's wanted beyond vague feelings.
Shouldn't be any problems with the translation as long as you read it at the source as the guy who did it is the most respected Chinese translator in the game, can't promise the same from piracy sites. The author (IET) does write for more of a Shounen / younger teen audience though and I can't tell you if that would be a problem for you, but it's my fave standard cultivation novel.
>>
File: 20210322125108_1.jpg (613 KB, 1920x1080)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
>>483315
New day, nobody's attacking me (yet), I'm no longer fucking up my fireworks dragon setups and I'm not zoinked out of my mind and can probably focus on keeping the weather casted for more than a few seconds.
I want a 400k core at please, please gib.
>>
File: 20210322130728_1.jpg (465 KB, 1920x1080)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>>484168
>Fei shows up to ruin my weather bonus
W H Y
>>
File: 20210322132257_1.jpg (706 KB, 1920x1080)
706 KB
706 KB JPG
>>484184
Never quite understood what's stopping the bonuses from getting to +5 all.
>>
File: 20210322133202_1.jpg (616 KB, 1920x1080)
616 KB
616 KB JPG
>>484198
This game is seriously fucking with me and inventing for new ways to ruin this breakthrough.
Two of my disciples went and managed to get themselves stuck in my VO alchemy room that they should normally never ever visit, and one died of a nightmare induced heart attack.
Just... why.
>>
>>484212
They appear to have constructed the alchemy furnace from a square in which they cannot leave, because there are no paths to anything else. I'd suggest not putting the door on until you've got all the furnishings built to avoid that kinda thing happening when making VO rooms.
>>
>>484250
The entire room and furnishings were built a year ago. He just decided that today he wanted to fly there specifically and get stuck on that tile.
>>
File: VO_Alchemy_Furnace.png (338 KB, 389x595)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>484198
To get all 5 + from weather, you'd either need multiple weathers giving a bonus, or the Protect miracle (from certain Ascended Xiandao statues).
>>484212
Placing Alchemy furnaces next to walls is pointless. The element you can get from walls is nothing compared to what 4 decorations can achieve. Here's a simple schematic, on top you see the tiles of the furnace by colored flooring. Red tiles are affected by walls if you place it in a corner like you have.
You can achieve better results by leaving the space open, as shown below. Using an Ice Crystal Alchemy Furnace with Marble Offcut Flooring and 4 Marble Oil Lamps (other decorations can work as well) make the furnace Very Ominous.
And if you leave the space near it open, no more disciples getting stuck in places they shouldn't be in the first place.
>>
>>484287
>you'd either need multiple weathers giving a bonus
How is that possible? They all just cancel each other out.
>>
>>484290
Not all. You're having multiple weathers on your previous images. Here's where it can get complex: Weathers have types. The same type of weather cancels each other out, like Rainstorm and Drought can't occur at the same time.
An example is the Heat (for Wood and Fire) or Cold (for Metal and Water) Waves and Polar Night (for Metal and Water) that all belong in the same category. You can't trigger them, but you can use them together with Weather miracle weathers for a bigger bonus.
Spring Festival is in a separate category, so is Grandmaster's Aegis. Those can be used together with regular weather miracles, as they are all different Types of weather.
>>
>>484307
But what good is it if I can't control it?
Also the Yin Yang bonus never goes above 4 while Noxious Air is active.
>>
>>484334
You can't control it yet. Ignoring the natural weathers, when you get to a point where you can trigger Grandmaster's Aegis on whim, you would have no problems maxing the weather bonus for breakthroughs. Just consider it as a part of the progression, like gaining better Qi gathering materials from bosses.
Yin Yang is based on the light level. Light level changes with the time of day. Certain weathers can change the global light level, Noxious Air decreases it. Same with Polar Night (which should not come as a surprise).
Unless you're doing extreme min-maxing, Yin Yang is worthless. Especially with longer breakthroughs.
>>
File: Maxed out Ziginski.jpg (487 KB, 1328x747)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
>>484343
>Unless you're doing extreme min-maxing, Yin Yang is worthless. Especially with longer breakthroughs.
I am an extreme min-maxer in general, willing to waste days of my life for perfect stats.
>>
File: 20210322163751_1.jpg (601 KB, 1920x1080)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
>>484212
Despite my best efforts and repeated testing, the best I've been able to manage still falls slightly shy of my 400k core goal.
>>
File: 20210322190438_1.jpg (514 KB, 1920x1080)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>484469
Now that I'm finally starting to make proper use of cultivation speed bonuses and it's now in the quadruple digits, it feels weird watching the numbers almost blur as training happens.
>>
File: 20210322203348_1.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1080)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>484621
>Whittling away at one group of enemies
>Group of three XII state beasts shows up on my doorstep too
Fucking hell, I really need a more permanent, lethal solution. Anyone got a suggestion for what I could use that kills cultivators fast? They all seem to have 26 protection and no elemental weaknesses, usually in the 300 to 400k Qi range.
>>
>>484745
You're pretty understaffed when it comes to inners. You really don't need that many outers.
>>
>>484745
Off the top of my head I can give you 4 solutions:
>Primordial Symbols Law cultivator
Either Artifact Mastery or Spell focused, with a full subspirit set boosting the stats. Use Great Painter mod, and it's pretty overpowered.
>Physical cultivators
Raise a Yaoguai, if you're unable to get them strong enough to take care of the shapeshifting tribulation, promote them to a Xiandao law first, pass the tribulation, then rebirth them. After rebirthing you can safely promote them to a Physical cultivation law and you won't have to worry about the shapeshifting tribulation. They will be useful for combat, but that comes at the cost of zero utility value.
>Shendao cultivators
A Celestial Thunder Sutra at the Attainment state is a Sect Killer, even on higher Tribulations. That requires you to raise it properly, a lot of Ancient Scrolls are needed for the best buildings in their Divine realm. And when they're not in combat, you can use them for utility, like removing obsessions.
>Formations
A formation focused on the Cardinal of Swords pillar (diagram based on the ACS Formations guide) with all feeding auxiliary links will boost the pillars Artifact Power by 530%. Using the Joint Artifact skill will increase it even further. But that requires you to have 8 cultivators with the proper elements manning the formation.
>>
>>484758
>You're pretty understaffed when it comes to inners. You really don't need that many outers.
I mean, fair. I've had a bunch of them ready to advance but put the brakes on it until I could finish crafting this cultivation set so they can get good bonuses and faster cultivation once I get rolling.
>Physical cultivators
I simultaneously keep forgetting they exist, and thinking I need to wait until I've killed one or two of the great beasts before I raise one. What kind of materials do I need? The pic I saw of a body cultivator's room was full of phoenix feathers or something.
>Shendao cultivators
Another one of those things I've yet to look at, just because I don't feel like I've wrung everything out of Xiandao cultivators quite yet.
>Formations
Any particular speciality I should go with for a formation pillar - artifacts or spells? I've been too mithered to really give them much thought.
>>
File: SomeFormations.jpg (827 KB, 2617x2397)
827 KB
827 KB JPG
>>484776
For Physical cultivators
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfVZ9tvaUFXORqIEG3zOP2O-KYcPlpd0I7aR0Y0SzJI/
For Shendao cultivators
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16tC4T4ke0SLI0r2z_rpzFrfLk2Zj2gnSYQK-3FoMOyE/
For Formations
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xutDZZpoD-QD_4pAD8lSJX6AATDzrXiegMo5RMK_qBg/
My focus has been of formations, so I can clarify further. For all cultivators, you'd want Protect, high Qi cap and high Qi recovery. For just the pillar, Formations skill and either Artifact mastery or Spel. lArtifact Mastery is less micro intensive, but Spells (Unorthodox ones especially) can be more powerful. Which one to use? Depends entirely on the formation you're using them with. If you're past the Second Golden Casket, you should have all the Level one node manuals, as well as some Level two node manuals.
Since you're not looking for Stability (increasing formations HP, basically) or Protection (used for tanking formations), your choices would be an Artifact focus, Spell focus, or a mix.
For pure Artifact Mastery, either Cardinal of Swords (8 disciples) or Concentrated Sword Aura (4 disciples). For pure Spell, Cardinal of Creeds (8 disciples) or Hidden Seal of Creed (4 disciples).
For a mix between the two, Cry of the Crane (9 disciples). Or if you want a formation for everything, Balance of the Realms (13 disciples).
>>
File: 20210322220954_1.jpg (395 KB, 1920x1080)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
>>484745
Never seen a Wolf Fag before, but it sounds interesting for my eventual Arty mastery set.

>>484807
Will ask more questions about each as I come to them, thanks. For now I'm still only halfway through the Spirit Root guide due to investing all my time into the game.
>Shendao is 117 pages long
Bloody hell.
Do the secondary cultivators in a formation matter at all beyond their element?
>>
>>484890
the damage taken by formation members is split evenly between them and the formation collapses as they start to go down, so you don't want any serious weak links
>>
>>484932
How important is the Formations skill?
What benefit is there to it going over 20?
Are there any supplementary skills for it or is it just the skill itself + the odd formations skillbook?
>>
>>485004
it increases formation size and stability. i haven't played with high-end formations at all but for low-end stuff it's fine to just hit the minimum needed to make the formation work.

yaoguai can get a number of +max formation shards, beyond that i don't know.
>>
>Elixir concoction speed
>Elixir success chance
>Elixir yield
I think this is all 3 modifiers you can improve for making elixirs using unorthodox manuals, how important is each one? Asking because with artifacts apparently there success chance is the most important.
>>
>>485345
Higher speed lets you burn through materials faster. Useful only if you have more materials than you could possibly use.
Higher success chance can be raised through Orthodox manuals to a sufficient degree, no need to waste Unorthodox attainment on it.
Higher Yield bonus is useful, especially with naturally high yield products.
Out of those three, the Yield bonus is the best one to focus on.
For artifacts, it's not Artifact Crafting Success Rate Bonus, but rather Base artifact crafting success rate, that is the most important part (but that can only be increased by 2 manuals) for making T12 artifacts.
>>
am i right in thinking that artifact qi recovery multiplier is how many points of qi the artifact recovers for every point it drains from its inner?
>>
>>485599
Yep, while Artifact Qi Recovery Bonus (Recovery Rate) is how fast it drains.
>>
>>483061
based lotm poster
>>
Made a point to finish reading the entirety of the Spirit Tree guide, and while I now know a bunch of reasons WHY I'd want one I don't really know a fantastic setup for actually producing one.
There's two pictures at the end, but I dunno if it's just Chrome or what but I can't open the pictures and can't make out much from the thumbnail.
>>
File: 20210323181445_1.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>484890
Really jonesin' for the merchant to show up again, it's been a while and I just know the moment I give up and stop waiting they will show up.
>>
Wtf counts as "flowers" for observation purposes?
>>
>>486072
Planted fields with flowers in them, I'm pretty sure.
>>
File: 20210323204508_1.jpg (752 KB, 1920x1080)
752 KB
752 KB JPG
>>486044
Is the Sword Shield considered part of the same room for the purposes of this relic? If it's not that, I'm out of ideas.
>>
>>485850
This blueprint contains the upper design for the Spirit Roots.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2308689250
>>486231
No, it's in a different room. What you see there is more misleading translation.
Exactly 1 Feng Shui Relic means exactly what you think it means, which is the item you're hovering over. For some odd reason, it shows that category as [Spirit Relic].
Now, I haven't tested it enough, but when they are talking about spirit relics (notice the lack of capitalization), they mean that the room must have 1 illuminated item.
>>
File: 20210323212725_1.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>>486231
>>486248
>they mean that the room must have 1 illuminated item.
This doesn't fix it, I guess I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
>>486285
The previous statement was based on the data for relics gathered by going over the files. The 1 spirit relic requirement seems to have no relations with illuminated items indeed (tested it). Others have claimed it is related to the Tier of the item (6), which might be possible but I'm unable to verify that.
What might be ruining your current experience is the bugged door for that room. Compare it to the room door on the right. Then compare it to the door for the Alchemy Furnace room. See the difference? Demolish and rebuild it.
Also, when winter might come around and that room starts freezing your disciples, consider replacing Water element structures with Metal element structures. It needs to be slightly beneficial to water, but it can be more than that.
>>
Beginner question, beat up some guy trying to attack me and now he's bleeding out in my freezer.
Can't seem to give him any of my medicine, is there a way to save/recruit him?
>>
>>486325
Enemy conversion is possible, but the methods are different from Rimworld (if you're coming from there).
To convert an enemy, use a conversion miracle on them. The safest one to use is Incantation of Consonance from Six Paths Reincarnation Law.
Use your highest state (Qi Shaping<Core Shaping<Golden Core etc.) cultivator with the highest attainment and Perception to cast the miracle. If the target has cultivation experience (not an outer, Qi Shaping or higher) they need to be unconscious.
If the conversion was successful, they will now be controllable, but when you select them, you'll see a Loyalty value at the top left, above their needs window. Loyalty increases with high mood, and decreases with low mood.
If loyalty reaches 100, they will be fully converted, granting you their law (if they have any cultivation experience) and revealing any secret info they had (for everyone).
When you're just starting out, conversion is not a good way to get more disciples, stick with recruiting mortals from other locations.
>>
>>486357
Got it, thanks.
>>
File: 20210323224804_1.jpg (552 KB, 1920x1080)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>486285
>Craft 5 Bane / Sun / Samsara pills / Divine Powder etc per concoction
Finally, most of my pill and elixir needs are satisfied. I just wish Sprout pills didn't take a Crimson Fruit to do.
Is there a good thing to concoct for selling at maximum value, basically good money printing?

>>486316
>What might be ruining your current experience is the bugged door for that room. Compare it to the room door on the right. Then compare it to the door for the Alchemy Furnace room. See the difference? Demolish and rebuild it.
I see what you mean, but I've rebuilt it now and the problem persists.
>Also, when winter might come around and that room starts freezing your disciples, consider replacing Water element structures with Metal element structures. It needs to be slightly beneficial to water, but it can be more than that.
Will do.

New question: Any decent suggestions for how I could hit 17 sub spirits? I've not finished doing my 6th attainment tribulation yet, but between those, all the skills that grant one I could find and a Prime / Union / Cat Soul pill, I think I'm going to have 13. It seems like all the sub spirit skills are mutually exclusive to each other.
>>
>>483065
Imma have to disagree with you not hating Against the Gods, Its just as repetitive and cliché as the rest. I will suggest Reverend Insanity though, its one of the only novels from china that is incredibly based in its writing quality, so much so that the Chinkshit government banned it.
>>
>>482593
For everyone new to the game or has some stuff they don't know. This game has a discord server with a fuck ton of guides as well as a helpers channel where you can ask about specific stuff.
>>
>>486595
thanks for the PSA, tranny
>>
File: 20210324134006_1.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>486408
Found the cannibal.
>>
Is it actually a thing to make a giant "bad luck/fungshui" entrance for your school?
>>
>>487094
Mt. Kunlun has one. There are a few reason to do that:
>Dying in a Very Ominous room will always drop an Anguish Soul Gem
Anguish Soul Gems are used for Specter Refinement, you will need a large amount of them to refine the Elixirs you feed to your cultivators. Same with Talisman Paper.
>Potential Disciples gather at Sect Gates
Before you accept new recruits, they gather at either Sect Gates or Sect Steles.
Put those two together, and you get a Hell Gate room. Which is people dying naturally of thirst, hunger, or temperature, and since they're in a Very Ominous Room, they'll drop an Anguish Soul Gem.
So as long as you let them die "naturally", they won't impact your reputation. You can actually gain Good reputation, if you properly bury their corpses.
>>
>>487094
Absolutely, make sure the surrounding temperature is lethal to plebs. Building one is near mandatory if you wanna git gud.
If you like, build a second one that is 'Very Auspicious' and then when somebody you don't want to die is on their way (new recruit with good stats or whatever), simply set whichever gate isn't in use to "room" so it's avoided.

In general though, have a hell gate and recruit dozens of mortals to come die in it often.
>>
>Do a full round of talking to everyone in a sect and become friends with them
>Time for dinner right before I'm finished
>Eating
>Browser being slow, best end the process so I can reload it
>Accidentally close ACS out of habit
I am not a happy man.
>>
>>487168
The wages of savescumming
>>
>>482969
Cradle is a Xianxia novel written by a westerner so it'll probably be less jarring from a story telling perspective. Honestly it's the only one I really like. I think I'll try this game, I love training up AI people and sending them to fight. A la Domina
>>
File: 20210324165403_1.jpg (559 KB, 1920x1080)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>487085
At some point without me changing anything, this relic decided to start working correctly. No clue why.
>>487185
I've previously lost like 1 to 2 hour's work talking to a sect before, last time it was because I didn't pick up the divine symbols law scroll.
>>
File: 20210324170207_1.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>487337
>84 years later finally a Polar Night happens again
About time, let's get me a legacy artifact.
>>
File: 20210324170623_1.jpg (685 KB, 1920x1080)
685 KB
685 KB JPG
>>487343
>Urus-Incubation absorbed the weather
>There is now no longer a Polar Night happening
>1/12 achieved
...Only 11 more Polar Nights to go for my weapon!
Fucking kill me now.
>>
File: 20210324181302_1.jpg (447 KB, 1920x1080)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>487350
This shit is a handful to deal with, I'm also going to need additional cultivators if I actually wanna make use of it.
>>
File: 20210324193906_1.jpg (454 KB, 1920x1080)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>487451
See, when people tell me that tribulations are difficult, this is what I imagine.
>>
File: 20210324194913_1.jpg (614 KB, 1920x1080)
614 KB
614 KB JPG
>>487565
That's it, I'm fresh out of ideas. The only thing preventing me from progressing and raising up a bunch of new inner disciples, is I'm missing 3 sub-spirits for the cultivation set and I dunno how I can go get them.
Where do you even get Division Pills?
>>
File: Autocast_Spells.png (119 KB, 276x330)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>487569
RNG events with blessed sects (can happen, but don't count on them).
Learn more orthodox manuals, just to increase your attainment, preferably Counteractive manuals.
The subspirit pills can be received from Ancient Cultivators, trades, auctions, etc.
For help with tribulations:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NZ1V-UwwnjAyL8LtDrBkqwGjvIx-pTyP-6Q4N6VlYnU/
Also if their spell level is high enough, you can autocast spells. Makes combat way easier. Just click that arrow in the cultivation screen.
>>
File: Wise_Detachment.png (41 KB, 308x314)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>487627
Or use this miracle from Emotion Severing Law.
>>
File: file.png (66 KB, 271x141)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
what does increases artifact quality (crafted) do? is it just this, or does it improve the artifact?
>>
>>487627
>Learn more orthodox manuals, just to increase your attainment, preferably Counteractive manuals.
I've already done my 7th attainment tribulation, I don't think an 8th will be on the cards.
>The subspirit pills can be received from Ancient Cultivators, trades, auctions, etc.
Have used the Cat, Union & Prime pills. The ones that also grant an artifact are too rich for my blood.
>Also if their spell level is high enough, you can autocast spells. Makes combat way easier. Just click that arrow in the cultivation screen.
Oooo, now that's something I didn't know.

>>487661
>Or use this miracle from Emotion Severing Law.
Guess I overlooked that because of the icon.
>>
Two questions:
1. Where can I get more alchemy recipes? Apparently I don't have them all still.
2. What is / where do I get the "Experience" that I need 200 of to use Wise Detachment?
>>
>>487923
>1. Where can I get more alchemy recipes? Apparently I don't have them all still.
Also to add to this, is there a list of every craftable pill in the game, or better yet where the manuals to craft them come from?
I'd originally thought I would get them as level 2 skill unlocks in the Primordial Alchemy tree, but it seems like no pill is locked behind a skill on that list in the same ways some talismans are for the Primordial Symbols Law.
>>
>>488141
There are random manual drops (for most Alchemy recipe manuals) and certain events (like Immortal Doctor's Cave at Alchemist's Peak). The Wiki has somewhat of a list, but the quality is what it is
https://amazing-cultivation-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Alchemy
>>487923
Experience is gained when you cultivate. You can see the number on their Cultivation screen.
>>
What the hell man
>>
>>488184
That list doesn't even have half the pills I can already craft. What's the "Immortal Doctor's Cave at Alchemist's Peak" event and how do I trigger it?
>Experience is gained when you cultivate. You can see the number on their Cultivation screen.
Guess I'll try that then.

>>488190
>What the hell man
Happens more than you'd think, I've met frogmen who love frog meat and things like that.
>>487085
>>
>>488322
Windtamer's Travels: Volume 1 unlocks the secret.
The only way to get that volume is by RNG with events (Manual Unearthed, opening ancient caskets, etc.).
And yes, the wiki is pretty barren for most aspects.
>>
>>488337
Is there any way to improve the drops from an ancient casket, or is it a complete crapshoot?
>>
>>488407
Have them opened by a high luck character.
>>
>>488407
>>488411
It's pure RNG, no relation to the one that opens it.
Why can you select who opens it? It's just designed that way, no idea why.
>>
>>488411
>Do so on two different chests with a 10 luck cultivator
>1x Resin Essence Powder each
>>
Is there a story where MC cultivates in shendao way?
>>
>>482593
Can I just wander around drunk punching people
>>
>>482810
Stream that film, if you're so great!
>>
File: 20210325151709_1.jpg (420 KB, 1920x1080)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>487569
Little did they know I'd have been in serious trouble if I'd had to fight two fronts.
>>
File: 20210325152528_1.jpg (541 KB, 1920x1080)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>488722
Jackpot. I've been getting fuck all for luck increase manuals.
>>
File: Guns beat kungfu.jpg (72 KB, 1080x537)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>482593
Does this game have foreigners?
>>
>>488789
I don't think you could make a case for there being any, no.
>>
File: 20210325173253_1.jpg (608 KB, 1920x1080)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
>>488741
Got my hands on a Heaven's Breath, anybody know what it does exactly?
>>
>>489201
It breathes heaven
>>
>>489201
As an ingredient (legacy artifacts, alchemy), as a material for artifacts, activating certain Ancient Formation nodes, or for Physical cultivation devouring.
>>
>>489244
Okay, which one of those should I really be using it for?
>>
>>489268
Do you want the essence you get from it for your Physical cultivators? Devour it.
Do you have the Abyssal Sword Formation available and want to man it? Give it to the cultivator on Seclusion node and another for the one Beauty node.
Do you have any recipes that use it? Use it for that.
It doesn't really have any early-game uses for it.
>>
>>489285
>Do you want the essence you get from it for your Physical cultivators? Devour it.
Haven't gotten around to them yet, but does it give them a lot? As in, enough to be worth it?
>Do you have the Abyssal Sword Formation available and want to man it? Give it to the cultivator on Seclusion node and another for the one Beauty node.
No idea what formation that is, is it any good?
>Do you have any recipes that use it? Use it for that.
The one legacy artifact I went through the trouble of crafting turned out to be completely useless, as I need 12 Polar Nights to finish it and I don't know any way to force them.

I'm literally fishing for personal opinions here for which one(s) are best, rather than the exact uses.
>>
>>489308
For physical cultivators, Heaven's Breath is the only source for Tribulation Essence. Tribulation essence is used for 3 Legendary labels. It's worth it if you use Physical cultivators.
The Abyssal Sword Formation is an Ancient Formation. Ancient Formations are very powerful, but they aren't easy to acquire.
Eureka pills are useful, if you're not farming mandates. Especially for Demigods that can't get inspiration from agencies.
Heavenly Measure (the Legacy Artifact that requires it) has the effect of every 9th attack casting a spell on the target enemy.
Or you can feed the Breath to spirit roots, to get Insight Fruits or Impose Fruits. Also, for immediately activating Legacy Artifact incubation conditions, use Heaven Mending Chant from Myriad Artifact Law.
>opinion
For someone that doesn't use Physical cultivators (I don't), the devouring is worthless.
For someone that doesn't use formations (either Shendao sect killers, or Physical cultivators for combat), using it for the formation is useless.
If you don't need the artifact or Eureka Pills, then there's no point in using it.
If you have no Spirit Roots, you can't use it for nurturing.
Since there are many different ways to play, it's hard to give concrete suggestions. If you were using 7 Colored Pagoda with the Ancient Formations craft-able, reserving it for that would be a good idea. Not such a good idea if you don't have the diagram. Do you get what I'm saying?
>>
Question about sub-spirit sets:
If you create a set of 12 items to use a level 5 skill, are you actually hard limited to those 12 items or could you insert a 13th in there happily as long as you have the extra sub-spirit lying around, or would that break it?
>>
>>489399
You need 12 items to activate their effect. For lower level epiphanies, it's less, for higher level epiphanies, it's more.
Using the exact amount of items is useful if you're minmaxing, adding another item with any level epiphany attached doesn't break it. You just get another effect for the disciple.
>>
>>489597
The reason I'm asking is because I'm building the non reincarnation cultivation set from the google doc guide, but I have 20 sub spirits instead of 18.
What I'm planning on doing is using one of the extra ones on a 4th talisman so that I can mix & match as needed, as for the last spare I want to attach a Skill Epiphany: Huge (or some other useful skill if I can find one) to my weapon / mantle, whichever is left over at the end. I'm just worried that I'd be wasting my time and the 13th item wouldn't count. I know the 4th talisman won't count while it is inactive.
>>
I've fucked up a bit. Reflected Self, the last skill I want, is considered an Artifact Mastery skill.
To attach Artifact Mastery skills, I need 20 Artifact Mastery.
I'm over 700 attainment with tons of skills learned, and even one level for 6/20 is going to cost me 2 million inspiration.
Fucking hell, I'll be here forever.
>>
You have now been isekai'd to your sect
how fucked are you?
>>
File: file.png (2.27 MB, 1677x1227)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>490375
>>
>>489381
>Also, for immediately activating Legacy Artifact incubation conditions, use Heaven Mending Chant from Myriad Artifact Law.
How do I get my hands on Primordial Soul Gems? They're the only ones I've yet to see.
>>
>>490375
I'll just go and kill myself in the oven chamber i accidentally made when i wanted to make a fire aligned shrine, and made everything out of igneocopper.
>>
>>490375
Probably die trying to figure out how my wood cultivators are successfully entering & cultivating in a room where even Hydrogen is frozen solid.
>>
File: 20210325224615_1.jpg (640 KB, 1920x1080)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
>>489201
Forgot to ask this as I fell asleep, but anyone want to redpill me on what this place is and the point of it?
>>
File: 20210326171118_1.jpg (670 KB, 1920x1080)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
>>491874
Also, what is with the pet's blessed/cursed, fatness & physique all about? Is it worth taking them into account?
>>
>>490691
Soul Chant Illuminated items. All those randomly illuminated items? Free Primordial Soul Gems. You can't illuminate them again, but you usually won't need to (why would you want illuminated walls?).
>>491874
You can get the Phoenix Jade from there, used for summoning the Phoenix boss. Some other stuff can happen there, but it usually ages|instantly kills your disciples.
>>491880
Influenced by Pet Training. The Help has a section on them. They influence their stats, if they aren't neutral. Blessed is pretty useful for tanking with the dog.
>>
>>491948
Is it possible to turn a relic Holy Stone into a normal one?
I want to use them for spreading Earth Qi, but I don't want the room to instantly become VO. Unless that's a good idea for my Ochre spirit tree room?
>>
>>492180
Nope. You can use it for Qi gathering as long as it's not in a room.
If you're attached to your cultivators, don't keep them in VO rooms. If you're not cultivating near the Spirit Root, it doesn't matter.
If you're using it as a general cursed room (for spectre refining, Hell gate, Soul Inquiry or just farming Anguish gems), it's fine.
>>
>>492208
What's the base mental state for different Yaougai cultivators, or is it the same for everyone?
I'm planning the last few skills for my cultivator sub spirit set, but I don't want to invest in more Mental State than I have to.
>>
70 base mental state + 50% cultivation speed
OR
85 base mental state + 25% cultivation speed
OR
100 base mental state

Which is better?
>>
File: 20210326213255_1.jpg (673 KB, 1920x1080)
673 KB
673 KB JPG
>>491880
This has been happening for a while recently and I genuinely can't figure out why. Something is using up my Spirit Crystals, Wood, Timber and some other items with no explanation.
Zero indication that I can find for what's causing it, just suddenly I get a notice in the top right that I'm in need of some materials. What gives? I'm not building anything here.
>>
>Rare item auction
>Last item is "Box: Cubic"
>Ignore it because I assume it's just an animal cage
>Price goes to 28800 spirit stones when nothing else broke 6.5k
The fuck?
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (23 KB, 480x360)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>493169
>>
>>492978
Please respond. It's been so long since I cultivated without a top quality Cave Mind talisman or whatever that I honestly can't remember the breakpoints for when mental state drops below 100, and if it's worth giving up 25% or even 50% cultivation speed for.
>>
File: 20210326230702_1.jpg (666 KB, 1920x1080)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
>>493074
>Wall awakens
>Before I can plug the gap, the cave is angry at me
Am I fucked now that it's above 0 and am on a slow spiral to hell, or is it fine again now it's back to Very Auspicious.
>>
>>493231
I want to say base mental state if only so you can cultivate more. 50% cultivation speed is fuck all really.
>>
File: 20210327073418_1.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080)
579 KB
579 KB JPG
>>493273
Wtf is pic related talking about here? I'm adventuring here with my best alchemist but only finding Purity Leafs.
I'm missing at least one alchemy recipe book somewhere and it's driving me mad. Is there a complete list of every alchemy skillbook, and even better what areas / events they are obtained from? Would be massively useful to me.

>>493950
>I want to say base mental state if only so you can cultivate more. 50% cultivation speed is fuck all really.
Honestly I think you're probably right, I've been hesitating on this all yesterday evening.
>>
File: Dan_Esoterica.png (97 KB, 1604x441)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>493273
You're 8% closer to your doom. Just keep it VA, but also be preparing for the fight. Or you can remove the illumination capability from walls. Here's something from a place even more barren that the wiki (yes, it's currently the only mod on the nexus for ACS).
https://www.nexusmods.com/amazingcultivationsimulator/mods/1
>>493971
It requires a secret to be active before you can get that recipe book. Here's a sheet I just compiled, contains every esoterica that unlocks alchemy recipes. Not sure if a list exists.
>>
>>493191
I'll pay you 29000 spirit stones for the mystery box
>>
>>494043
>You're 8% closer to your doom.
Is it worth reloading over?

>It requires a secret to be active before you can get that recipe book. Here's a sheet I just compiled, contains every esoterica that unlocks alchemy recipes. Not sure if a list exists.
Main shit I'm missing are:
>5 emperors
I missed the first golden casket because the area wasn't unlocked yet, rip
>Recipes of the creators
How do I get the secret active? I've been desperate for crafting Pancea pills forever
>Annotations book of life
I've been meaning to go there because I heard there's a one time Lotus root I can get, but I wasn't desperate for it. How can I "complete" the area?
>Chant of mountains and rivers
Ancient Celeste Talisman is something I've had active for ages, but had zero clue how to complete. Any points.

Fuck me man, turns out way more stuff than I'd assumed can be crafted via pills, stuff I'd have loved to get my hands on, but am missing a bunch of manuals I had no clue about.

>>494074
>I'll pay you 29000 spirit stones for the mystery box
+100
Richer than me?
>>
>>494142
The Flood Dragon appears by either angering it directly, or when the count reaches 100. You're at 8. It's not that important.
By RNG I meant the random manuals drops, so you can still get them. Manifesting Miracle, Manual Unearthed, Ancient Caskets, etc. all work.
(From Windtamer Vol 1) means that the secret is unlocked from that manual. That is a random manual drop as well.
For Perennial Miasma, the easiest way is sending (on adventure) a Heaven Stealing Law cultivator with Nether Redemption learned and Descry (from Sunflower Refining Law) learned.
>Ancient Celeste Talisman
For Ancient Celeste Talisman, you first unlock the Secret by a manual given when you adventure at Skydome with high reputation (6K+) and high favor (200+) with them.
After unlocking the secret, if your world map isn't fully explored already, explore all locations near Mt. Kunlun. When you've found the location, send an Emotion Severing Law cultivator there.
After deciphering the initial symbols, you can either interact with the wall or the remains. Interacting with the wall requires a Primordial Spirit ES Law cultivator with 15 Artisanry and 8 Int. No such requirement for interacting with the remains.
You gain the manual listed, but you'll still have to decide what to do with the remains. Taking it for yourself gives you Divine Bone (not really useful if can ascend anyone yourself), returning it to Skydome gives you Favor and 2 Fortune Seeds, leaving it does nothing.
>>
File: 20210317173148_1.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>494158
>The Flood Dragon appears by either angering it directly, or when the count reaches 100. You're at 8. It's not that important.
What I mean is, at 0 the counter was never going up and I was able to ignore it with zero consequences. Would 8 change that in any way at all? Is it now going to slowly go up over time or give me problems like attracting beasts to come kill me?

>By RNG I meant the random manuals drops, so you can still get them. Manifesting Miracle, Manual Unearthed, Ancient Caskets, etc. all work.
Then my luck is complete dogshit, as I've been doing those but keep getting things like random Soul Taker manuals.

>For Perennial Miasma, the easiest way is sending (on adventure) a Heaven Stealing Law cultivator with Nether Redemption learned and Descry (from Sunflower Refining Law) learned.
Shouldn't be too hard, planning on rushing out a HS law cultivator v soon so I'll just make sure to do that at the same time.
>send an Emotion Severing Law cultivator there.
To pic related I'd assume, found the place ages ago but had no plans to ever train one up as the law didn't seem worthwhile and requires weird stats.
They good for anything?
>returning it to Skydome gives you Favor and 2 Fortune Seeds
Thanks for the heads up, this is all greatly appreciated.
>>
>>494170
No change. It's just the value displayed.
Adventuring, not entering.
All laws have a purpose. Emotion Severing is a charismatic law with a decent amount of adventure breakthroughs. The second level manuals are pretty decent, it can also work as an Artifact user. The miracles it has are also useful for dealing with other cultivators.
>>
>>494176
>The miracles it has are also useful for dealing with other cultivators.
'Dealing with' as in killing ones who come to annoy me?
>>
>>494180
Not that. Converting, removing moods from Shendao, debuffing outers for stat remolding, etc. Just have a look at them yourself, you should see what I'm referring to.
>>
>>494189
>Converting,
Is there really any point in converting some random, badly raised cultivator?
>>
File: 20210327164431_1.jpg (704 KB, 1920x1080)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
>>493971
After a fuckton of work and investment, I finally have my spirit tree area built exactly as the blueprints indicated (minus 16 Phoenix feathers), plus spirit soil put on all 4 patches.
Which tree to I plant where, what do I do with all the empty stands, when should I use the cushions, and is there anything else I should know about all this?
>>
File: 20210327170757_1.jpg (397 KB, 1920x1080)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
>>494559
The power of Goldwood bows, feeling truly rich now.
I wanted the Divine Bones too, but that's probably out of my reach.
>>
>>494310
Randoms, only if you're gathering their laws. After you get their law, you can either send them on suicide missions or rebirth them and send them away to your agencies.
But those overpowered enemies that are clearly using cheats? Definitely. If you can convert them, that is.
>>494559
For the hot room (200C and warmer), Fire Spirit Root and Earth Spirit Root.
For the cold room (-120C and colder), Metal Spirit Root and Water Spirit Root.
So the metal Root in the top left, water Root in the bottom left, fire Root in the bottom right and earth Root in the top right. Just like the image in the guide.
Wood Spirit Root requires a different setup, temperature-wise.
The empty stands should be used for temperature management. The cultivation cushions should be in constant use. The guide goes over why you'd want that.
I'm just seeing a tiny issue with your setup. You can't plant the water Root on Spirit Soil. You need either Shallow Water or Spirit Water.
>>
>>494598
>Just like the image in the guide.
I'm still stuck viewing said pic as a thumbnail btw.
>The empty stands should be used for temperature management.
Fair.
>The cultivation cushions should be in constant use. The guide goes over why you'd want that.
That part of the guide left me scratching my head a bit. What I got from it is that I want to be cultivating near one of the trees when the fruit fully matures, but I'm not entirely sure when else or how much of my cultivator's time I should invest in it.
>I'm just seeing a tiny issue with your setup. You can't plant the water Root on Spirit Soil. You need either Shallow Water or Spirit Water.
Whoops, yeah. Hopefully Spirit Soil turns into Spirit Water, or I'll be sad.
>>
>>494624
It's a small image, but it should be clear enough for anyone who's seen the Roots before.
When it fully matures, you definitely want to have cultivators near it. For other times, you can gain useful random modifiers (permanent buffs) from it. For minmaxing, you'd want them constantly cultivating near the Roots.
Spirit Soil doesn't turn into Spirit Water. Spirit water is made from Water, not Soil.
>>
>>494649
>For minmaxing, you'd want them constantly cultivating near the Roots.
I really didn't get the impression that any bonus they gave was anything but temporary, except for the nasty cursed ones.
>Spirit Soil doesn't turn into Spirit Water. Spirit water is made from Water, not Soil.
It's shallow water is it not? Water has to be above something and in this case it's spirit soil. Logically that'd make it spirit water, oh well.
>>
>>494668
The Moods and temporary buffs are one thing. Random Esoterica gained while cultivating near the trees is another. Those are pretty permanent, unless you rebirth them.
The soil for a tile isn't made out of different soil types. If you use land shaping miracles, you overwrite the soil for that tile. Same with the areas you can build (like Water or Fertile Soil). If you overwrite Spirit Soil, then it's no longer Spirit Soil, it's the type you overwrote it with. If you build water (under areas) over Spirit Soil, it's just Shallow Water.
>>
File: 20210327191558_1.jpg (663 KB, 1920x1080)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
>>494581
>Dude just spectral refine your Qi gathering materials and you'll get +5 for comfy and a better than 'refined' room!
This is a fucking meme. Twenty three items at the Sacred Relic tier with full Parasol Wood everywhere and Spirit Crystal displays etc, and she's still just as comfy as she was on day 1 of the room being built with little more than plain wood.
There is no higher level, prove me wrong. I've wasted over 300 Anguish soul gems on this crap and I've no idea what I got out of it.

>>494682
>The soil for a tile isn't made out of different soil types. If you use land shaping miracles, you overwrite the soil for that tile. Same with the areas you can build (like Water or Fertile Soil). If you overwrite Spirit Soil, then it's no longer Spirit Soil, it's the type you overwrote it with. If you build water (under areas) over Spirit Soil, it's just Shallow Water.
Just saying how things would work, if it made logical sense.
>>
File: Luxurious_Room.png (486 KB, 572x664)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
>>494847
Here's proof.
Do not bring logical sense into this. You'd understand why when you complete the story. Either that, or have experience with the data structure of the game. It sucks that it's done that way, but it makes things easier from a developers point of view.
>>
File: Instincts.jpg (139 KB, 1024x942)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>494877
>Here's proof.
Lies, this has to be photoshop or something, something's horribly wrong.
Do items below a certain tier drag down the rating, or something?
>>
>>494914
So far as I'm aware it's averaged across everything in the room, so yes, they would.
>>
>>494914
You're on the right path. It's based on the average tier of all tiles, just like Attractiveness. Fill a room with Feces, and it's not Magnificent anymore.
Use higher tier flooring (Holy Stone Offcut is the best) wherever you can, use higher tier materials wherever you can spare.
Making the room smaller is also a possibility. As you can see from my previous example, a 9 tile room can easily be made Luxurious.
>>
File: 20210327201410_1.jpg (504 KB, 1920x1080)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>>494847
>Final obstacle has been overcome
>Hi compatibility with the sword at last
God this has taken far, far, far too long. Time to actually progress, I guess.

>>494927
>>494934
>Refine one Spiritwood to tier 9 instead of bothering with going all the way to 12
>Suddenly Luxurious
I am forced to come to the conclusion that one of you is editing my game's code while I'm playing.
Still not actually max comfy and is still just +3, but hey it's a step in the right direction.
>>
File: 20210327221750_1.jpg (658 KB, 1920x1080)
658 KB
658 KB JPG
>>495012
Now we are finally cooking with gas.
Had I actually remembered that branch sects provide a bunch of mental stability, I'd have taken the extra 50% cultivation speed without hesitation. Oh well.
>>
File: 20210327231149_1.jpg (693 KB, 1920x1080)
693 KB
693 KB JPG
>>495163
>Comes from a fantastical village called Mo
What?
>>
And now for the question that I imagine at least one of you saw coming: How the fuck do I regain stamina and keep it up? It's taken what feels like forever to go from 0/100 to 4/100.
>>
The descriptions for the 4 stat boosting miracles say something like "can only be used once per character on them", what happens if I take a Nirvana pill or whatever and reincarnate? Will the stat boosts remain, will they be gone and be impossible to replace, or will they be gone but I can replace them?
>>
File: Big Chungus.jpg (56 KB, 368x386)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>9.28 innate potential
H O W
>>
>>496181
>that stats
please tell me you didn't use some cheating mod

>age 14
>lifespan 1027
>>
>>496206
That pic is from the sub spirits guide, I'm asking how it's possible.
The age / lifespan shit is easily the most believable part for me, a t12 Eternity pill gets you more or less that anyway.
>>
>>495214
If the [Reincarnated] below wasn't enough of a hint, the Star is the mark of reincarnators. That's one of the vanilla reincarnators that have actual backstories.
>>495232
From eating. Since they are inner disciples, you'd want to stuff them full of any Stamina granting items, like Ginseng. Some pills can help as well, like Stamina Pill or Resin Essence Powder.
>>496181
Innate potential is based on two factors: Age and Base stats.
Sentient items start at 14, so they are as young as you can get. Increase all their stats, and promote them as soon as possible. That's how you get those numbers.
>>
>>496232
Does having a Fei make you worse at spiritual refinement?
My spellcaster is riding a Fei now, maybe it's my imagination but her Spectral Refinement success rate is crap now.
>>
>>496232
>From eating. Since they are inner disciples, you'd want to stuff them full of any Stamina granting items, like Ginseng. Some pills can help as well, like Stamina Pill or Resin Essence Powder.
Done all of these, barely made a difference honestly. Is there a food I can eat that would get more than Ginseng? There's a limit to how much food I can actually eat.
>>
>>496261
Mounts don't change the success rate. Could be something else, a higher item tier, room not being VO, etc.
>>496443
Eat until they're full. Use laxatives. Any injuries can be healed with the Panacea Miracle. Repeat.
Use the Stamina pills to increase the rate of stamina conversion, or anything that increases food consumption (like relics), equip them with a Phoenix Ironclad Feather if you have one.
>>
>>496461
>Could be something else
Checked the state of the room, and all my other spiritual refiners seem to be fine - it's only her failing 4 or 5 times in a row on a tier 7 or 8 item that has me pulling my hair out.
>>496461
>Brute force food is the only solution
Fug, oh well. They keep complaining about undercooked food, was hoping there was a way to fix that.
Are stamina conversion skills worth learning?
>>
File: 20210328210606_1.jpg (401 KB, 1920x1080)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>495214
Completely unironically, this 'top tier cultivation set' has completely ruined my ability to train and makes me get gains about 1/3rd as fas as I did without it all (and that's being generous) because of all the downtime to get a little bit of stamina that gets spent again almost instantly. Between that and pausing 500 times to micromanage it all instead of being able to leave them cultivating 24/7, and I'm getting nowhere fast. Can't help but feel there's some better way in all of this.
>>
>>496581
One of the two basic mushrooms gives stamina iirc.
>>
>>496600
There's more than one, or do you mean the strange mushroom?
Either way, nowhere sells them and it can't be adventured for, so I guess I'm doing some day 700 farming here.
>>
>>496885
I don't remember what they're called, but the two basic plants you can plant after getting your sect, which also have rare variants that increase max qi.
>>
>>496891
>I don't remember what they're called, but the two basic plants you can plant after getting your sect
Wheat and Mushrooms? I honestly don't remember being limited.
>which also have rare variants that increase max qi.
Now I really have no fucking clue what you mean.
>>
>>496891
Ginseng and Lingzhi.
>>
About the setting of the sect meal, is there any point in setting it higher than the basic meals beyond mood buffs, enough to justify the extra ingredient costs?
Also, how much impact does Artisanry have for an inner disciple? I find it weird I'm realistically only able to train it once they become an inner disciple.

>>496949
>Lingzhi
Will have to try that tomorrow, at this point I'm desperate for anything as progress has ground to a halt. Doesn't help that I'm getting attacked by several groups of 3 to 6 cultivators per day.
>>
File: 20210329153947_1.jpg (759 KB, 1920x1080)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
>>496581
>>497200
Lingzhi did very little, maybe sped the bar up slightly.
t12 Ganoderma however? Gave me something like 80 or more stamina.
Finally.
Fucking finally, something works.
>>
>>497200
If you ever want a physical cultivator, you are going to need to keep them stocked with high quality meals, and a vast quantity of high meals. One physical cultivator eats as much as about ten outers. Although either way you should have all your outers kitted out with Fasting talismans, and you have a mini universe, so there's not reason NOT to just make endless luxurious meals forever.
>>
Been wondering, but what purpose does "sneak into sect" serve when adventuring at one?
>>
>>497878
Also, do the sects ever refresh their stock of items? Like, if I buy up all the Ganoderma or Goldwood somebody has, will they ever restock that shit or am I stuck?
>>
File: 20210329200201_1.jpg (594 KB, 1920x1080)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
>>497827
I have fully done the social minigame for about 8 different sects, and it is only *now* that I've accidentally realised you can find anybody in the sect instantly, instead of hunting around manually for them.
Fucking hell.
>>
>>497878
If they're strong and lucky enough, you can get something from their treasure room. In most cases, it's a good way to get the sect pissed off at you and send invaders.
>>497913
Yep, just not instantly.
>>
File: 20210329203809_1.jpg (432 KB, 1920x1080)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>498224
>>
So it's not entirely perfect as I don't yet have a solid source of Ganoderma, but I'm actually really getting somewhere now and hit 1100 for my inner cauldron (forgot to take a pic before I quit out).
Now if I could progress the days instead of fearing every single one of the regular attacks that is coming in, that'd be nice.

Anyone got a plan for a top quality sub-spirit set for an Artifact master? As in, a maxed out set of +artifact mastery skill / power / whatever is good for it (like wielding extra artifacts), and a general plan for how to best put it together.
The guide mentions all the skills that grant an extra artifact which is great and the person it's for will be a seven-sword slaughterer which helps narrow down the list by removing things they will get naturally from it, but I'm honestly lost for what else to shoot for.
>>
>Just finally had the thought that probably, Red Ginseng also replenishes a block of stamina and I didn't have to stick exclusively to Ganoderma
Wow, I am so tired out of my mind lately. My brain hasn't been working much at all.

>>495764
Anyone?
>>
>>495764
The boosts will be gone but you can redo them.
>>
>>499022
Okay good, thanks for the reply. I was worried about potentially ruining my future best cultivator.
My long term goal here is to get a Xiandao to hit a core value of 1,000,000 or higher, and I'm pushing all my hopes and dreams for achieving it onto him.
>>
File: 20210330120315_1.jpg (736 KB, 1920x1080)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
>>498277
Red Ginseng works as anticipated, 915 stamina, let's fucking go.
Now I just need dipshits from the Wild South to stop attacking me for like, ten minutes.
>>
File: 20210330135819_1.jpg (574 KB, 1920x1080)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
>>499156
Real progress happening, and I have indeed been relatively unmolested as I'd hoped for.
>>
How much incorporation do you need in order to take over a region?
>>
okay what is a sub-spirit
I haven't gotten to that part I guess?
>>
>>499327
They're something your cultivator can obtain at the Primordial Spirit realm (after Golden Core) through various means. They let you attach advanced skills and bonuses to pieces of equipment for other disciples to use.
There's a guide on the subject if you want it, but it's probably best to wait until you have a cultivator at the appropriate realm and with a few sub-spirits.
>>
File: 20210330143312_1.jpg (366 KB, 1920x1080)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>499293
How big do attacks get? Because they're pretty annoying to deal with already at 7 man raiding parties.
>>
>>499338
Scales with reputation. What the Enemy Level translates to, no clue. But they won't get much larger than what you're already facing, as you won't see large formations.
Sect Rep Enemy Level
0 0
200 1
400 2
600 3
800 4
1 000 5
2 000 6
3 000 7
4 000 8
5 000 9
6 000 10
10 000 11
15 000 12
20 000 13
25 000 14
40 000 15
80 000 16
120 000 17
160 000 18
200 000 19
250 000 20
>>
>>499394
>as you won't see large formations.
Wait, does that mean I will be seeing small formations, or formations of any size?
>>
>>499401
Nope, not in the base game (for those invading your sect). Possible with mods, but not in vanilla.
>>
>>499402
Thank fuck for that, the current attacks already have me tearing my hair out.
Not the difficulty of them, I can slaughter them with little risk to my attackers, the problem is that there's always one asshat who wants to fly off and start butchering my outers. Means I have to drop everything and have them sit at one corner of the map while I spend a few IRL minutes fighting off the attack, just so I can speed up the game for a few minutes and get attacked again. On the one hand I like that I have to stay on my toes still, on the other it's driving me round the twist with the frequency of them.

Is there a mod to speed the game up beyond the maximum? All I'm really doing atm is waiting for the inner cauldron to fill up.
>>
Does anybody have a list of the interesting things that can drop from the different state XII beasts?
>>
Do people work faster with a workstation made out of Lumina Core bars, compared to one made of Iron? Or anything like that where quality higher = faster working disciples.
>>
>>499510
Lumina Core Bars and Parasol Timber have the highest working speed. The second best is Holy Stone Blocks. That goes for all workstations.
>>
File: 20210330214129_1.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>499338
The fog of war revealing can be a bit sketchy when trying to enter bedrooms and other small rooms, but this is the first time I've had the problem of being unable to go down a passageway because I can't see into the fog.
>>
File: 20210330225646_1.jpg (684 KB, 1920x1080)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>499932
Progress for the day.
Side note: it is the dumbest fucking thing that Torch Dragon clothing is gender locked.
I wanted to make an alchemy yield set for my alchemist, only to remember after spending 50m+ inspiration that my Primordial Symbols cultivator I was using for this is female, and my alchemist is male.
>>
I think the sub-spirit guide might have said it somewhere, but when you attach the non skill stuff like "Skill Epiphany: Large", do you also permanently lose the same amount of cultivation speed or alchemy skill levels or whatever else?
>>
>>499539
oh yeah what should I use the holy stone for
>>
>>500493
Yes. You can't attach the epiphany if you lack the stats required.
>>500652
Qi Gathering arrays, tasks for Sects (they'll give Connection as well), or as materials for buildings|flooring.
>>
Question: It's been mentioned before that there's some good 8 man formation I should be doing for artifact mastery and one for spells, but I still don't know exactly what said formations look like.
My question however is what elements will I need for the full formation? Assuming I start with a metal cultivator or whatever. That way I can plan ahead.

>>500714
>Yes. You can't attach the epiphany if you lack the stats required.
"Stats" is kinda vague, mind elaborating what you mean?
>>
>>500751
The diagrams were posted, they're from the Formations guide linked here:
>>484807
You can use whatever elements you want. If you're going for the feeding auxiliary rates, then you'd need to chain your elements. With a Metal pillar, the first feeding element is Earth. Then feeding Earth is Fire, etc.
The amount of cultivators of a certain element is mentioned in the guide, in the example diagrams description.
If the Epiphany is +10% of a certain stat, then you need at least 10% of that stat to attach it.
>>
>>500765
Oh right yeah, that guide. I have it open in a tab, but I saw it's 125 pages long and my brain shut down and switched tabs out of self preservation.
To save me reading through the entirety of it (at least right now) I'll ask a few core questions:
1. If I'm making an Artifact Mastery formation for example, what things matter for the non-pillar members of it? Are they there just to provide the headcount and their total Qi, or would they need something more like artifact mastery skill?
2. For shit where multiple nodes are touching each other, how should I do the elements? One Metal into two touching Earth into one Fire, or whatever? Basically making the second 'layer' all the same element and the same with the third etc radially?

>If the Epiphany is +10% of a certain stat, then you need at least 10% of that stat to attach it.
So if I want to attach 20% cultivation speed, I can only do so if I learn a skill that provides 20% or more cultivation speed first and so on? Okay.
>>
>>500797
What increases the page count for that guide is the detailed tables(especially nodes) and examples. Just go over the Getting started with formations part and that should give you the general concepts.
Auxiliaries are there to maintain the formation. Qi cap, Qi regen and Protection are what they need. If you aren't using a backup pillar (with the skill to change formation config when it's active), nothing else is needed.
Multiple connections are only shown in the diagram view. In the Config view, you should see how the lines are drawn. If the line splits, then both branches should feed the root.
If you have more than the stat required for the epiphany, you can attach it.
>>
File: Formations circle.jpg (196 KB, 1283x779)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>500806
>Just go over the Getting started with formations part and that should give you the general concepts.
I have a bit of time before a call I'm expecting, I guess I'll give it a browse.
>Multiple connections are only shown in the diagram view. In the Config view, you should see how the lines are drawn. If the line splits, then both branches should feed the root.
The main reason I ask is because of like pic related. Do *only* the blue lines matter, basically what are the green symbols all about?
>>
>>500817
The symbols are the auxiliary connections.
When they're green, they're active.
When they're grayed out, then they're connected to a None link, and won't give their bonus but you can still complete the formation. You'll find them on Proto-nodes.
When they're red, then they're not connected. You can't use a formation that has any connections open.
Only blue lines matter when you're making the Config.
Or in other terms, the pillar in the center is the pillar element (Metal).
The four nodes directly connected to the pillar are the first feeding element (Earth).
For the second feeding element (Fire), it's all the nodes directly connected to the previous four nodes. Including the two in the middle that branch out from the nodes to their left.
For the third feeding element (Wood), it's those two nodes on the left, Positivity and Pliability.
>>
>>500838
Considering that formation gives both artifact mastery and spellcasting, is there a law type that's really good at both and suited for the position? I've been thinking of them as a "one or the other" type of deal.
>>
>>500845
Your main focus is either one or the other. If you try to do both, you'll just end up with a weaker cultivator.
>>
>>500867
Spellcasting then, assuming it doesn't completely sacrifice the other half of the spectrum.
>>
>A guide with images on introduction has been done by Adri at the following link: [LINK]
Link has been deleted at some point, oh well.
>>
>>500922
Looks like it. Changed it to a YT video that's similar in depth.
>>500892
For the 12 Xiandao Laws, here's my opinion on their function as pillars:
Sixteen Supreme Steps Law: Spell Pillar, also functions as a Support Pillar.
Myriad Artifact Law: Qi Battery(Mindblast) or Support Pillar(Karmic Fires).
Seven-Slaughtering Sword: Artifact Pillar.
Jade Purity Immortal Law: Due to lack of element, use in small formations with Shendao auxiliaries. Spell Pillar focus. Can have a minor focus based on the PS manual used (Divine Awareness for Artifact, Hallowed Cascade for Qi Battery, Fervent Spirit for Spell, Terraforce for Tanking)
Heaven Stealing Law: Tanking Pillar (Protect focused formation).
Primordial Alchemy Law: Don't use as a Pillar.
Emotion Severing Law: Artifact Pillar, with a slight capability of spells.
Grand Chariot Wisdom Law: Artifact Pillar.
Six Paths Reincarnation Law: Support pillar with Reversa Cycle, Spell Pillar with Hallowed Form, Artifact Pillar with Supreme Form, or Qi battery with Supreme Form.
True Sun Refining Law: Spell Pillar.
Sunflower Refining Law: Either Artifact pillar with Annihilation Thrust, or Qi battery with Earthbound Qi.
Primordial Symbols Law: Due to the lack of element, use in small formations with Shendao auxiliaries. Use depends on the natal talismans chosen.

Support pillars are still spell pillars, but with a focus on buffing and healing your cultivators.
Nothing to do with their cultivation or stats, just how they could be used as a pillar.
>>
File: 20210331200252_1.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1080)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>500080
Just started seeing a few visual glitches popping up, like in the middle of the screen is a person but all you can see is her sword, and back at my sect I was trying to replace an old brownstone wall with Jade, only for part of it to still say "brownstone" and one empty part was impossible to build on.
Is my save running out of memory for having too many objects loaded, or something like that?
>>
File: 20210331221039_1.jpg (687 KB, 1920x1080)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
>>501425
Wait, that isn't a hard cap and you can go beyond it? What limit or downsides is there to continuing forever and ever?
Can definitely see I need to immediately begin work on a second cultivation set, though.
>>
>>501425
Saving and reloading is something that usually works for weird bugs like that.
>>501652
For Inner Cauldron with Refinement Qi, you can go exactly 1 point over the limit. Then it stops (meaning you get 0 Refinement Qi for cultivating afterwards).
After Golden Core, the Refinement Qi turns into Anima Conversion, that can go as high as you can take it.
>>
>>501675
Oh okay, I assumed I'd be able to keep going forever but at half the previous speed (or whatever), given the wording of what it says.

Now a question, my eventual ultimate goal here is to obtain a core of 1m+. I'm assuming this guy isn't actually going to hit that target but will get a decent chunk of the way there (he's got 29,xxx Qi), but what am I roughly going to need in order to hit 1m and what would be involved in getting there that I'm not already doing?
>>
>>501691
No, the going forever is only after golden core. For a 1M core, you're looking at an endgame cultivation array, manual Qi bursting, constant weather (both element and Yin Yang) micromanagement, T15 talismans, pre-GC T12 Sun Pills, etc.
All that and your breakthrough will last about a year (maybe even more) ingame. It's definitely a goal to strive for, but you're still far from it.
>>
>>501704
>All that and your breakthrough will last about a year (maybe even more) ingame.
Literally what. A 400k core took less than 1 and a half days, how can a breakthrough ever last a year?
>T15 talismans
That's something I need to seriously start considering anyway, given everything else I'm doing here. What's involved in raising a talisman paper from 12 to 15?
>>
>>501713
Golden Core forming breakthrough length is based on the amount of Qi you have. Every tick, the score increases, based on multiple factors (can be seen with https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1858385768). Some can be influenced easier than others. Yyou can reach T1 GC (145K score) with less than 5K Qi.
30K Qi is still in the low-ranges, as 20K Qi at CS is achievable without any medicines. 80K Qi at CS is a good middle goal, as then you can take regular Sun Pills without the cultivator dying. If you've reached that point, you should also be consuming refined Boss flesh, which also increases Qi, Eventually even consuming Spirit Seeds. At that point your Core Shaping inner would have more Qi than most beginners first Demi-God cultivator. So if your cultivator has around 1M Qi before Golden Core, then the breakthrough will definitely last a year.
The illumination shenanigans required to get T15 items are described in the Sentient Spirit guide, here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iov58OHOVeFUF1E-Q6-BKPwNyy5vLwQJtzqNycEbKAo/
>>
>>502453
>30K Qi is still in the low-ranges, as 20K Qi at CS is achievable without any medicines. 80K Qi at CS is a good middle goal, as then you can take regular Sun Pills without the cultivator dying. If you've reached that point, you should also be consuming refined Boss flesh, which also increases Qi, Eventually even consuming Spirit Seeds. At that point your Core Shaping inner would have more Qi than most beginners first Demi-God cultivator. So if your cultivator has around 1M Qi before Golden Core, then the breakthrough will definitely last a year.
>1M Qi
>Before Golden Core
My mind is full of fuck. I cannot even conceive of how 80k Qi is possible, never mind a million. I was thinking that a 1m core would take about 50k maybe 60k Qi to achieve and would be doable with a bunch of T12 Flood Dragon / Phoenix flesh (I've been buying some for the guy I'm planning on going all in for) as 400k was possible with something like 23k Qi. How the fuck does the next 500 / 600k core value take another 97Xk Qi?
I guess you might as well spoil me a bit since that goal feels ridiculous and unobtainable, what exactly happens / is difference with a 1m core value cultivator, and how powerful are they? I heard that 1m core was something different or otherwise special somewhere, but I didn't get to learn any further details about it.
>>
>>502643
For a regular vanilla human, 80K Qi is very unlikely, even with the Lucky trait. You'd need either snakes (that have naturally higher Qi sense) or Sentient Elixirs (proven to work).
To reach 1M GC score, you'd either need some exploiting with Qi gathering, or a very long breakthrough. It might not take exactly 1M Qi, but it will require a lot more than 20K Qi. The main reason being the length of the breakthrough.
Your season and Yin Yang are constantly changing. You can nudge them a bit as far as Yin|Yang is concerned, but not by a lot. So if you reach a point where your breakthroughs are longer than your optimal breakthrough window (due to having a lot of Qi), there's not much you can do.
At that point, you start to get diminishing returns (less score per tick) the longer your breakthrough lasts. The only thing you can do is increase your Qi even further. And since you can't cultivate endlessly (Inner Cauldron limits), your only options are either manuals or pills.
So let's say you've managed to do all that with a cultivator and now after a year long breakthrough you get a GC with 1M+ score. Good for you.
Are they more powerful than a 300K score GC? Yes, at start.
Can they be overtaken by that same 300K score GC? Yes.
The only thing special about it is that it's a larger number. That's it.
>>
>>502781
>Are they more powerful than a 300K score GC? Yes, at start.
>Can they be overtaken by that same 300K score GC? Yes.
Please explain.
>The only thing special about it is that it's a larger number. That's it.
How large is their Qi number (generally speaking) once such a cultivator hits PS or demigod?
>>
>>502832
>Please explain.
Once you're at GC, there are no inner cauldron limit. You can just keep going.
>>
>>502832
Their main difference after forming GC is their Qi cap. The 1M score cultivator has an advantage, but that doesn't stop the other cultivator from getting stronger than them. As there are too many variables that should be considered, I'll just stick to Artifact Power and Qi cap as an example.
Let's say that the 1M score cultivator starts with 3X Qi cap, while the 300K score cultivator starts with X Qi cap. They can have the same Artifact Power, just different Qi caps. Starting out, the 1M score cultivator is definitely tankier and lasts longer in combat.
If you use the 1M cultivator as Qi battery, constantly Refining something and not cultivating, but cultivate with the 300K cultivator, the 300K cultivator can reach the 1M cultivators Qi cap. Then the only difference is Artifact Power, which you can boost on the 300K score cultivator. At that point, the improved 300K score cultivator will be stronger than the 1M score cultivator that was used as a Qi battery.
While GC score is a useful metric, your time can be better spent with other matters. Similar logic applies to Inner Cauldron, and why doing it for your first cultivator to reach GC isn't a good idea.
For such end game cultivators, it's pretty normal to have millions of Qi. Can't give an exact number, as there are way too many variables for it.
>>
File: Divine Mind.jpg (151 KB, 694x659)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
Does this mean I should never ever use a Divine Mind, or only when sentient spirits are concerned?
>>
"Also remember that human sentient soul gems give huge bonuses to spectral refinement success"
First I've heard of that, and something I've been in pretty desperate need of desu. What's the ideal for this? As in, what law would be most valuable for them and whatever else should I invest in for an ultimate spectral refiner, and what gem type exactly am I illuminating here?
>>
>>503011
just use the 100% refinement success mod desu, specter refinement failure doesn't cost you anything except more busywork
>>
>>503018
There's a mod for that?
Link?
>>
>>503025
it's called 超级符师|GreatPainter, specter refinement checkbox at the top

it has auto 100% for talismans and shit too but that feels a lot more cheaty
>>
>>503028
So an extra five to ten percent on your talismans is too cheaty, but a better than ten times improvement in Anguish gem usage efficiency isn't?
>>
>>503049
yeah
>>
>>502928
More like never. Potential is calculated based on your age and the five base stats. If they're already 14 (if they're not, there are miracles for that) and all stats capped, then there's no point for Divine Mind. Not for Illuminated being|Yaoguai, or regular humans.
>>503011
Anguish Soul Gems are the cheapest, as the other gems have better uses and aren't as easily farmed.
>>
>>503028
>>503061
>it has auto 100% for talismans and shit too but that feels a lot more cheaty
Honestly I wouldn't feel it's cheat at least for me, because since I've been doing quick dabs instead of strokes for talismans I've yet to fail to get 100% a single time in the last two weeks - it just takes me half an hour irl and a bunch of stress to do one.
>More like never. Potential is calculated based on your age and the five base stats. If they're already 14 (if they're not, there are miracles for that) and all stats capped, then there's no point for Divine Mind. Not for Illuminated being|Yaoguai, or regular humans.
I'm asking for a Yaoguai, I want to rush complete their tribulation and reincarnate them. What should I be doing for that to get them / keep them at the best possible bonuses? I've been assuming the answer was "Divine Mind".
>>
>>503088
Succeed in shapeshifting, rebirth them with a Nirvana Pill (or Rebirth Pill, using Reverie Rebirth miracle is also a possibility). Increase their base stats, make them as young as possible (Body of Genesis miracle) and then promote them to an inner. That's one way to get a large Innate Potential.
>>
>>503104
What even is the point of Divine Mind then?
>>
>>503110
Legacy Artifact crafting, and rebirthing. The fact that there are min-maxing strategies that ignore it doesn't mean that you can't use it.
>>
File: Retard pro.jpg (80 KB, 911x1024)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>Immediately eat an Earth Flux with a new inner disciple because I have brain problems
>>
File: 20210401225546_1.jpg (494 KB, 1920x1080)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
>>501652
About fucking time, this has been going on in the background for ages.
>>
Is there any stuff that's worth spectral refining that's not immediately obvious / people might not generally think of?
For example, would spectral refining a primordial soul gem increase the odds of it successfully being used for illumination?
>>
blade oath or blade cohesion?
>>
>>503674
Anything that is calculated by tier. Elixirs (actually affected by Spectre Refinement count, not tier), Talisman paper, materials used for Artifacts (regular, not legacy), weapons (gear, not artifacts), items on stands for Room Quality. That's pretty much it.
>>503712
Blade Oath line is more useful for beginners, since it doesn't increase your Artifact Qi cap.
>>
>>503807
thanks
>>
>>503807
>materials used for Artifacts (regular, not legacy)
Really? I once tried refining all the materials for one weapon to 12, made a weapon, refined that, and it didn't seem top produce any sort of noticeable change.
>weapons (gear, not artifacts)
So regular, mortal tier stuff like pickaxes and non artifact bows? Okay.
>Blade Oath line is more useful for beginners, since it doesn't increase your Artifact Qi cap.
Reading between the lines (not the same guy) does this mean if I have a high quality cultivator with high quality equipment etc, I should go cohesion?
>>
>>504018
For the materials used for artifacts I refer to the item you craft the artifact from. That crafting is done by the Inner Disciples. Refining the base materials for weapons (blocks and bars) has zero effect.
Regular and hunting bows, sure. Tools aren't affected by their tier.
You should go cohesion if you can utilize the higher Artifact Qi cap.
>>
>>504029
>For the materials used for artifacts I refer to the item you craft the artifact from.
How much of an effect does it have?
Also, I think I remember hearing about something called Spiritual Refinement, what does that do?
>if you can utilize the higher Artifact Qi cap.
What's required for that, just that the disciple in question has more Qi to play with?
>>
>>504033
Increasing the tier is for min-maxing, with T12 artifacts. Since T12 artifacts have better stats than T11 artifacts, increasing the tier of the material is faster than waiting until it gathers enough Qi.
Spiritual Refinement increases the Qi containment rate for regular items and Qi capacity for artifacts.
Having more Qi is a start, but unless you understand the combat mechanics and how they interact, stick to smaller Qi cap artifacts.
>>
this game looks and sounds like a fever dream.
>>
>>504042
>Increasing the tier is for min-maxing, with T12 artifacts. Since T12 artifacts have better stats than T11 artifacts, increasing the tier of the material is faster than waiting until it gathers enough Qi.
>Spiritual Refinement increases the Qi containment rate for regular items and Qi capacity for artifacts.
I honestly don't feel like I've learned anything here, what you're not saying with these answers is the 'why?'
Why does it improve minmaxing?
What relation do increasing the tier of the material and "gathering Qi" have, why are they important / what are they good for?
Why do you want to increase Qi containment rate or capacity? What are they good for?
>>
>Why is the travelling merchant such a fucking kike when it comes to the offers he makes sometimes when first arriving? Holy shit.
>>
File: 20210402161028_1.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1080)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>>503288
At long last, I have this elixir manual I've been wanting.
>>
>>504115
>Why does it improve minmaxing?
Increasing the Tier of the item used as an artifact increases the cost of crafting the artifact, while also increasing attributes of the artifact. I thought I mentioned that, since T12 artifacts have better stats than T11 artifacts. Or are you asking why does having better artifact stats improve minmaxing?
>What relation do increasing the tier of the material and "gathering Qi" have, why are they important / what are they good for?
Increasing the tier of the crafted artifact when used as the base material for it. They both have the same result, which is increasing the tier of the crafted artifact when used as the base material for it.
>Why do you want to increase Qi containment rate or capacity? What are they good for?
To have more of it. Qi capacity increases the Qi pool for the artifact, making it stay longer in combat.
>>
>>504170
>Increasing the Tier of the item used as an artifact increases the cost of crafting the artifact, while also increasing attributes of the artifact. I thought I mentioned that, since T12 artifacts have better stats than T11 artifacts.
What I understood from the last part previously is that t12 artifact stats are bigger than t11 artifacts (well, duh?) but what isn't completely clear is what the point of upgrading a non-artifact weapon before turning it into an artifact is. Does upgrading a t12 base weapon into an artifact result in a better artifact, stat wise? Because that's what I'm picking up from this. What else improves the final stats of an artifact, Artisanry? Some Talismans? Something I can learn from manuals? Qi gathered on the weapon? I literally have zero clue on the matter over here and you're not being terribly clear about it.
>Increasing the tier of the crafted artifact when used as the base material for it. They both have the same result, which is increasing the tier of the crafted artifact when used as the base material for it.
"You have a higher chance of crafting a t12 artifact if you first upgrade the base weapon to t12 and gather a lot of Qi on it" is what I get from this.
>To have more of it. Qi capacity increases the Qi pool for the artifact, making it stay longer in combat.
What non artifact items would I ever want to do it on, is it doable on Spirit Trees?
>>
>>504181
Let's look at an example. Two otherwise identical Swords, one T11 and one T12. In most cases, the one made from the T12 Sword would have better stats. The reason why I'm not being terribly clear about it is due to the complexity of the Artifact crafting mechanics. There's a resource on the discord that goes over it, but it's not something for beginners (mostly due to how it's written). It's hard to explain it to someone who hasn't seen looked at the code.
To even get the chance of crafting a T12 artifact, you either use a T12 material as a base or have it contain a lot of Qi. Faster to make the item T12 than have it gather thousands (or even millions, depending on the tier) of Qi. To have a higher chance of crafting a T12 artifact, you'd want to increase your Mental State and Base Artifact Crafting Success Rate.
One use for Spiritual Refinement is for Qi batteries. Items that are in a location with high Qi density that you use Palm of Absorption to refill your Qi. Spirit Trees are decorations that you can have around your sect, not items, they are only useful for their aesthetic role.
>>
>>504198
>Spirit Trees are decorations that you can have around your sect, not items, they are only useful for their aesthetic role.
I mean the vegetation that give Crimson Fruit / Gnarled Vines etc, come on man work with me here, you know what I mean.
>>
>>504207
You mean Spirit Roots? As those are plants, Spiritual Refinement has no effect.
>>
>>504213
>You mean Spirit Roots?
Yes I guess.
>As those are plants, Spiritual Refinement has no effect.
Okay.
>>
File: 20210402181110_1.jpg (514 KB, 1920x1080)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>504134
Really annoyed at myself, because it's been a hot minute since I tried to minmax a core breakthrough and only remembered fireworks at the last minute when it was too late to set any off. I can't be bothered reloading for it though.
449,XXX core.
>>
File: 20210402194051_1.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>504254
One guy over 600k Qi, another over 400k Qi, I've never had a single attack with more than one person over 100k Qi or any with over 500k before.
>>
>>504320
>They cripple and kill my cultivator
>Who is not even in the sect and is off adventuring
Fucks sake.
>>
File: Unamused.jpg (6 KB, 227x222)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>Ring bell to protect the outers
>"Wait Let me clean this tile that's right next to the invading enemies, it's super important I do it now!
>>
File: 20210402210154_1.jpg (674 KB, 1920x1080)
674 KB
674 KB JPG
>>504320
Something is making my sect status constantly jump up and I don't know what it is, but it's making my life difficult.
>>
File: 20210402204727_1.jpg (481 KB, 1920x1080)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
>>504553
I really don't get the auctions and if there's a way to get things for cheap. On one try I'll get this from 8200, on another some cunt will push the price up another 10x until it's over 10k, and then the very next lot the same guy pays 900 for a pill, says he doesn't have the money, and passes every round after that.
>>
How potent are the Demi-god tier abilities you can get from other sect members? Strong enough to be worth specifically raising my alchemist for to learn all the alchemy yield ones?
>>
>>505396
With friendship manuals (those 1 attainment manuals), the effect is RNG, with the value ranges based on the required state. Demi-god state manuals are the best for it. For a pure alchemist, they're worth it, as long as you can get your unorthodox cap high enough.
>>
>>505412
I'll certinally have to consider it then, I've been avoiding going Demigod, at least for the moment.
What are the downsides?

Also, is there a material that's between "Ice Essence bar" and "Soul Pearl" in its ability to cool rooms? My forging room is 100c with the former, and -100c with the latter.
>>
>>505417
Downsides for demigods or for friendship manuals?
For room temperature, the only thing between Soul Pearls and Ice Essence Bars are Fish (requires the DLC). Blue Carp and Blue Amur Bream are better than Ice Essence Bars (has the same effect as a single Ice Essence Bar and a single Frost Powder), Rime Crab (has the same effect as two Blue Carps (or Blue Amur Breams)) is an even better solution, while Snow Naked Carp and Blue-fin Swamp Eel are as efficient as Soul Pearls.
>>
>>505426
Downsides for demigods, I'm assuming friendship manuals don't have downsides.
Damn, I need a better air conditioning solution then.
>>
>>505435
Negatives for Demi-Gods:
>No Adventuring
You can't send them out on adventures, but you can use them for Entering areas. Until you have a replacement for them, keep them as a Primordial Spirit. Important for Disasters and interacting with events.
>Constant Tribulations until Ascension
They will face tribulations every 5 days. You can delay them with either pills (like Justice Pills, that have no medicine resistance), a one time manual (from Heaven Stealing Law), or Painting of the Four Symbols (as long as they have it equipped). The timer is also stopped when cultivating, so it's not that big a deal.
Those are the main downsides. If you have enough Primordial Spirits and can deal with Tribulations, there's no reason to stay away from Demi-Gods.
Getting friendship manuals is their downside. Without OneClickFavor, it takes a lot of clicking, and you can still get screwed by RNG.
An easy solution to the forge room is to neutralize the Earth nodes (Forge and Furnace) with Wooden nodes (Wells). Use the equal amount of decorations (Fire Essence Bars and Water Essence Bars as materials) and you should get pretty close to neutral.
>>
>>505451
>An easy solution to the forge room is to neutralize the Earth nodes (Forge and Furnace) with Wooden nodes (Wells). Use the equal amount of decorations (Fire Essence Bars and Water Essence Bars as materials) and you should get pretty close to neutral.
Yeah, the planning on my sect is very mediocre and that's kinda hard to do at this stage, back when I did it I was still very very new and just copying what I'd seen from the tutorial scenarios. Honestly I really need to restart and this time on a large map, but I also don't want to lose everything.
>>
File: 20210403165455_1.jpg (471 KB, 1920x1080)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>504917
What am I supposed to do here in order to inject Qi into the diagram? I thought it was to do with the element of my cultivator, but the element I thought it was I needed isn't working.
>>
>>505467
You can always copy your sect layout into multiple blueprints, then later edit them in the Land of Illusions. Using the Realms Palace Content Editor (Blueprints) is also an option. Just because you lose your progress on that run doesn't mean that you lose all the knowledge you've accumulated.
>>505480
You need the cultivator element to feed the element of the season:
Winter:Water (fed by metal, feeds wood)
Spring:Wood (fed by water, feeds fire)
Summer:Fire (fed by wood, feeds earth)
Autumn:Metal (fed by earth, feeds water)
>>
>>505499
>Just because you lose your progress on that run doesn't mean that you lose all the knowledge you've accumulated.
Sure, but it's still a month and 300 hours of my life. I'd be able to get back here quicker, but it is still a hell of a lot to simply flush down the toilet in terms of my cultivators and shit.
>You need the cultivator element to feed the element of the season:
It's Spring right now and I'd sent a Water cultivator, is this not what I needed to do?
>>
>>505507
Based on the temperature in the upper right, you'd assume it's Summer (or something in between). The weather|seasons stuff is wonky.
>>
File: 20210403210346_1.jpg (639 KB, 1920x1080)
639 KB
639 KB JPG
>>505480
If I want to get through the Withdrawn barrier that 2 to 4 people or so have in each NPC sect so that I can unlock more 'Mystery of Tayai sect' stuff, is it going to cost me 15 int each time to do it or is this not the option you use for it?
>>
File: 1617515286959.png (473 KB, 473x653)
473 KB
473 KB PNG
Can you create that guy in this game?
>>
>>506337
Body cultivation is a thing, it rips through Qi shields and other stuff.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfVZ9tvaUFXORqIEG3zOP2O-KYcPlpd0I7aR0Y0SzJI/edit#gid=1389329657
A short (couple of pages) of information on what they're like.
>>
>>506337
That there is the most basic of basic ass physical cultivators.
>>
I'm one of those people who thougth this was a farming game, plus I know nothing of these wuxia novels people seem to like

how are the devs? I'm reticent to buying it since lmao mainland china but I could pirate it I guess
>>
>>506928
i know nothing about them, which is a good sign desu

i pirated it and ended up buying it after a hundred hours or so. not sure what the latest available pirate version is but i didn't have any problems with the 1.08 on rutracker.
>>
So does this have rape mods yet or should I stick to Rimworld?
>>
>>506994
Don't be silly. It's Full Wuxia. It doesn't need mods there's an entire cultivation law based on it in the game straight out of the box.
>>
File: 20210404171554_1.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
>>505768
>Everyone else drops out below 5k
>This one bitch keeps insta raising by a thousand every round
What the fuck. I've never seen this happen before.

>>505480
>What am I supposed to do here in order to inject Qi into the diagram? I thought it was to do with the element of my cultivator, but the element I thought it was I needed isn't working.
>What am I supposed to do here in order to inject Qi into the diagram? I thought it was to do with the element of my cultivator, but the element I thought it was I needed isn't working.
Anyone?
>>
>>507037
Day 809 is considered as summer for that event calculation. The element for Summer is Fire. The cultivator element that feeds the season element for Summer is Wood. So send a Wood element cultivator there.
>>
>>507031
Intriguing tell me more
>>
File: 20210404193939_1.jpg (595 KB, 1920x1080)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>507037
Was originally planning to ask why my cultivators were bugged and unable to move, until I realised that the door was blocked with a tic tac toe board.

Instead I'd like to ask "who should I be sending to find Phoenixwood? A Wood cultivator or a Water cultivator?"
>>
How many casts of Darksoul Genesis does it normally take for it to work? I've done 2 already with an extremely high attainment cultivator, and nothing.
>>
>>507325
For Wild South and Mt. Tiger Paw, all you need is Luck. While there are certain drops that give better results with the feeding element, Phoenixwood isn't one of those.
>>507341
What do you consider extremely high? 2K?
>>
>Move my cultivator away for a moment to use Soul Inquiry
>Your Spirit Root reached 100% blessed! ...but there was nobody by it!
FUCK

>>507378
>What do you consider extremely high? 2K?
In the 1xxxs, enough that I've run out of things to realistically spend attainment on + a t12 100 quality attainment boosting talisman.
>>
File: 20210404221021_1.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1080)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>507325
Sometimes I get half a month or more of clean air where I can breathe easy, others I get attacked 3x per day like right now.
Pls go and stay go.
>>
File: 20210405001615_1.jpg (460 KB, 1920x1080)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
>>507480
About damned time.
>>
File: 20210405011423_1.jpg (581 KB, 1920x1080)
581 KB
581 KB JPG
>>507726
Oh and, how do I now give said talisman a human body? The guide kinda skips mentioning the name of the miracle at least where I'm looking for it.

>This woman has 20 battle, enough Qi sense to max out with the default skills, 5 Charisma and at least 6 in every other stat.
A seven Slaughter Sword candidate so good I'm genuinely considering spending a Fortune Seed on her for maxed out potential too.
>>
Yin Yang Master and its sequel were both pretty good. Makes me wish you could fight and summon demons besides just animal ones in ACS.
>>
Getting kinda sick of having to look for somebody to kick out to make room for new people, I think it was mentioned there was a mod to up sect size limits, anyone got a link?
>>
>>507732
>Oh and, how do I now give said talisman a human body? The guide kinda skips mentioning the name of the miracle at least where I'm looking for it.
Fuck, I just realised that getting one t15 talisman or artifact is going to take a Fortune Seed each time. Is there any sort of reasonable way to get get them other than paying thousands of Spirit Stones and 5 connection each time for one? I feel like there has to be for them to be a 'common' consumable.
>>
>>507456
For illumination, anything below 1300 attainment has a chance to fail the first time.
>>508031
ModModifier can do that, but it has unintended results (like not being able to promote anyone after going over the original limits). Save game editing is a better option.
Go to [InstallDirectory]\saves\ and look for [SaveName].save, open that with a text editor of your choice.
Using the search function (Ctrl+F) look up SchoolNpcScale , it should be near the end of the file. In a regular game it's 1.0, Tribulation IX should have it at 0.5.
Change the 1.0 value to something else, like 100.0 and overwrite the file. When you load the game you'll see that your population limit has now increased.
>>508052
A T12 (Sacred Relic) item isn't a "common" consumable.
Conquer Skydome to receive them as tributes
Complete Ancient Celeste Talisman questline, then every year go to Mystic Cavern
RNG (merchants, sects, random NPCs)
>>
>>508134
>A T12 (Sacred Relic) item isn't a "common" consumable.
Not what I mean.
What I mean is that the need to consume them is too "common", not that the item itself is common. If it was, I wouldn't be having this problem.
If all Fortune Seeds were used for was maximizing potential, regenerating body parts, making the occasional Legacy Artifact and shit then yeah I could totally understand that. Having to use 1 for each item you want to t15 however is a ridiculously steep price.

>Conquer Skydome to receive them as tributes
Is "death by a thousand cuts" possible vs NPC sects? As in, is it possible for me to individually hunt down and kill each of their members in the wild, until they don't have enough left to stop me from taking over the place?
Would that work?
>>
>>508222
The need to consume them is only for extreme minmaxing. That is not the common playstyle. Just because you need a large amount of them doesn't mean that everyone else needs them in large amounts. In most cases, simply refining items to T12 is enough for most players.
If you kill them, they'll simply spawn new members. Do it enough to decrease their power and they'll just close their doors, not letting anyone in. So no, it wouldn't work.
>>
>>508228
>The need to consume them is only for extreme minmaxing.
Minmaxing is love, minmaxing is life.
What are my options for taking over them then? Is it brute force or bust? I'm automatically assuming they're much stronger than something like the Flood Dragon.
>>
>>508254
Not that there's anything wrong with getting the numbers as high as possible, just that it takes a lot of expensive materials to get there. You can make it easier on yourself by breaking the limits (sect population), but it doesn't make it any less expensive.
For taking them over, you'd have to take them down at their home. So prepare your combat force (send Primordial Spirits and lower by camping, demigods don't have that restriction) and enter their location.
Attempting to take their Wonder will start the fight, other methods are possible as well. So while your sect-killer(s) or formation(s) is dealing with their formation and cultivators, focus on looting as well. Take all treasures, especially their Ancient Formation diagram (usually located in the upper middle section, on a Display next to an Ancestral Shrine).
If your mules are done, finish the fight. When they surrender, they're now taken over. Now that they've submitted, you'll receive yearly tributes, depending on the sect.
>>
>>508302
>If your mules are done, finish the fight. When they surrender, they're now taken over. Now that they've submitted, you'll receive yearly tributes, depending on the sect.
This bit's a touch vague and could mean any of multiple things. On the one hand you could mean that I need to make sure I loot their sect dry before the hostile takeover is finished as I will not get the chance to take any stuff at all once they're beaten, on the other hand you could mean that the easiest way to take stuff is for me to keep them distracted in a fight, steal everything that isn't nailed down, then surrender / finish the fight before my guys die and escape with my gains.

Still not exactly sure what sort of power level they have though. There is however one thing that makes me very confused and think that the NPC sects are actually a lot weaker than I'm expecting and that I'm overestimating their strength: achievement percentages.
The % of people who've conquered each sect is hovering around 2.1% to 1.8% with Daemonia Temple standing alone at 1.6%. There's a number of things that I've just naturally done here as I've progressed however with comparable percentages; enlighten a sentient spirit (1.9%), gain 10 connection with any sect (1.8%), 5000 total manual collection size (1.8%), kill a sentient spirit with soul chant (1.7% - hold on, don't you need a primordial soul gem to illuminate one and soul chant's the only realistic way to get a supply of them?), survive 5 attainment tribulations (1.7%). If those are as rare or rarer than taking over an NPC sect, it makes me think such a task can't be too hard.
>>
>>508495
Remember that mods don't disable achievements.
>>
>>508508
So you're saying there's a non-negligible chunk of players who download a super mod and use it to beat all the sects? Hmmm, if the percentage of people who do that is around 0.3% then that explains the dip for Daemonia Temple as they're not unlocked from the start, but still the numbers aren't too unreasonable.

Still though how strong should I be before I try to conquer a sect? What sort of formation size with what sort of cultivators in it, or what would a an individual sect killer roughly look like? If I have a target I can visualize in mind it will help a lot.
>>
File: 20210405141251_1.jpg (468 KB, 1920x1080)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
>>508134
>Save game editing is a better option.
>Go to [InstallDirectory]\saves\ and look for [SaveName].save, open that with a text editor of your choice.
>Using the search function (Ctrl+F) look up SchoolNpcScale , it should be near the end of the file. In a regular game it's 1.0, Tribulation IX should have it at 0.5.
>Change the 1.0 value to something else, like 100.0 and overwrite the file. When you load the game you'll see that your population limit has now increased.
I have to assume I'm fucking something up here, changed it to 100.0, got this message. Undid the change, same message. I had to restore a copy of the untouched save to get it working again.
>>
File: 220px-Hokusai_Daji.jpg (14 KB, 220x187)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
How comfy is this game? Can I keep fox spirits as my concubines? Or snake spirits?
>>
File: Expanded_BoTR-V2.png (267 KB, 876x548)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>508495
I included the part about the mules since you most likely have cultivators you can't use for formations or aren't stand-alone sect-killers. Use them as mules to avoid multiple loading screens (inventory space is limited). That is considering you are able to defeat the sect. If can't take down their formation, then you're screwed anyways.
Also, consider the following: Achievements are only for Immortal. Not everyone plays on Immortal. If they're already on immortal then there's a large chance that they are knowledgeable enough to take down sects.
>>508515
Consider the popularity of mods like Evil God Descent and 3 Color Souls. Then consider the accessibility of the Realms Palace Content Editor. I'd be more surprised that the percentages are that low.
If you're running a formation, Nether Salvation Sutra cultivators with all Nether Judge guards are needed for Qi batteries.
Also consider expanding any of the example diagrams from the guide with Lv2 nodes wherever possible. Here's an example with Balance of the Realms pillar. Positivity in the upper left is replaced with Wind Barrier Focus, leading into Positivity and Wind. If you're using the feeding elements, then Wind would have more than double its described effect.
>>508548
So you replaced
"SchoolNpcScale":1.0,
with
"SchoolNpcScale":100.0,
And just saved, right? Are you using Fast Saving (I am, and that works)? What are you editing the file with, Notepad (I use Notepad++, works flawlessly)?
>>
>>508568
>I included the part about the mules since you most likely have cultivators you can't use for formations or aren't stand-alone sect-killers.
Depends what counts as "can't use formations", I have 3 that fit into that category as far as I know: two shit ones that could do with being remade, and a Primordial Symbols cultivator. I'm not sure if an alchemy law guy etc would count as long as they're not the pillar, etc.
>Also, consider the following: Achievements are only for Immortal. Not everyone plays on Immortal. If they're already on immortal then there's a large chance that they are knowledgeable enough to take down sects.
But not knowledgable enough to Soul Chant random bits of wall that come to life for free valuable shit?

>Massive endgame formation for 15 disciples
Yikes, okay.

>>>508548 (You)
So you replaced
"SchoolNpcScale":1.0,
with
"SchoolNpcScale":100.0,
And just saved, right? Are you using Fast Saving (I am, and that works)? What are you editing the file with, Notepad (I use Notepad++, works flawlessly)?
To the best of my understanding, this is exactly what I did yes.
>>
File: Example_B.png (10 KB, 309x87)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>508614
The most popular achievement that is available only in Immortal is Establishment (Establish a sect). The achievement Education First (Construct a Manual Pavilion for the first time) has been received by less than 8% of players. So if the 16% of players who've managed to establish a Sect haven't built a Manual Pavilion makes sense, then what else should you expect?
That's odd. I'm guessing you accidentally changed something else, as it's working fine on my end (with other values as well, here's an example with 2500.0).
>>
File: file.png (2.21 MB, 1920x1366)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
>>508549
Please respond
>>
>>508632
>The most popular achievement that is available only in Immortal is Establishment (Establish a sect). The achievement Education First (Construct a Manual Pavilion for the first time) has been received by less than 8% of players. So if the 16% of players who've managed to establish a Sect haven't built a Manual Pavilion makes sense, then what else should you expect?
Apples and Oranges.
>That's odd. I'm guessing you accidentally changed something else, as it's working fine on my end (with other values as well, here's an example with 2500.0).
Tried it again just now being as careful as I can, same error. I'm not sure what you mean by "fast saving" though.

>>508642
>Please respond
Sure, at least for sneks.
But the halves are the other way around at least until you help them complete shapeshifting tribulation.
>>
>>508649
>But the halves are the other way around
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
I'm burned out now thanks to Evil Genius 2 but I'll keep this game in mind for next time
>>
>>508642
no concubines. there's a marriage mod but i haven't tried it.
>>
>>508656
Are there foxgirls though? I'm going to make King Zhou look like a fucking casual
>>
File: Spoiler Image (14 KB, 147x164)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>508652
>Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
I mean I won't judge you.

>I'm burned out now thanks to Evil Genius 2 but I'll keep this game in mind for next time
I pre-ordered that but I've been no-lifeing this for the last month and a half, but planning on it once I'm tired of this. 350 hours later, I'm not sure where that point will be.
>>
>>508658
there's foxes and there's girls but there's no fox girls

tiger girls, cat girls, and snake girls though
>>
>>508649
The achievement system is weird, and people play the game in very different ways (even ignoring entire sections of gameplay, like adventuring), that's my main point.
System>Settings and on the right, below Lock Cursor, there's Fast Saving. Haven't tried editing the save files without it.
>>
File: 20210405160810_1.jpg (551 KB, 1920x1080)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>507732
With each subsequent core I make, I get a little better at it. Definitely could have been better but I fucked up a few details with changing my mind at the last moment etc.
I have to say I like how my fresh GC disciples now have as much Qi as my first Primordial Spirit cultivator failed to reach for a long time.
>>
Is there any good way to tell if a law learned from the manual shelf is going to lock me out of another one? I swear it never tells me until it's too late that it's going to lock me out of something.
>>
>>508733
Knowing the exclusive manuals is the only way. Adding the manuals you want to your Collection (the star in the top right corner) is also an option.
https://amazing-cultivation-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Mutually_exclusive_manuals
>>
>>508733
just had to rebirth my intended myriad artifacts crafter because i accidentally locked her out of the grand artifact success rate skill

it's fucking gay
>>
File: 20210405174237_1.jpg (674 KB, 1920x1080)
674 KB
674 KB JPG
>>508712
Over 3000% cultivation speed, we are getting somewhere finally.
>>
Does the "Chosen One" trait disappear with age / time or something? I swear I had one or two people with the trait, but I can't find anybody in my sect with it now.
>>
>>508669
>System>Settings and on the right, below Lock Cursor, there's Fast Saving. Haven't tried editing the save files without it.
Just went to have a look for it, but I'm confused over what system / settings menu and where.
I'm on Windows 7, btw.
>>
File: Ingame.png (254 KB, 659x597)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>508930
The settings ingame.
>>
File: 20210405183448_1.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1080)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
>>508932
It is enabled already.
Definitely bumping the max speed up to 5x though at least, 3x has been way too slow for me. Not sure if I should do more.
>>
>>508941
So doing exactly what I said with >>508568
Using Notepad++ and Replace the upper text ("SchoolNpcScale":1.0,) with the lower text ("SchoolNpcScale":100.0,), and then saving (Ctrl+S) the file. No problems. Can't really see what the problem could be.
>>
>>508955
The only thing different is that I'm using regular notepad, I don't have ++.
>>
>>509017
It's possible basic bitch notepad is doing something retarded with the text encoding? That's kinda weird though.
>>
>>509017
>>509059
Tested it with notepad as well. Works for older versions as well (tested with 1.14 as well), all I can say is
>works fine on my machine :)
>>
File: 20210405215427_1.jpg (657 KB, 1920x1080)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
>>508941
Should I say "fuck it" and just let this tree be cursed? I need a source of Evil essence anyway. It seems to always want to be cursed no matter what I do, the other 3 trees all have 100% or close to it blessing but this one is hard resisting.
>>
>>509059
>>509068
If I sent you my save, would you be able to do the edit without breaking the file?
>>
File: 20210405225438_1.jpg (457 KB, 1920x1080)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>509239
Neato, I'm always in need of Crimson fruits a bit more than the others, so it's nice to get a good stock of them.
>>
I'm planning on mass producing 3 cultivators of the Sunflower Refining law type for the next time their season rolls around, with the aim of getting them to 2m max Qi as a target for use in formations.
Am I going to have to quickly cobble together another 2 arrays for them to use, or can they all make a breakthrough on the same tile when the time comes?
>>
File: 20210406142435_1.jpg (434 KB, 1920x1080)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>509456
How useful or otherwise viable is Fortune Dew?
>>
File: 20210406145410_1.jpg (692 KB, 1920x1080)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>510523
Am I fucking anything up with this setup? Mostly asking about the manual Qi burst and am wondering if one will interfere with the other.
>>
For the Celestial Talisman quest, when adventuring at Drake Cave with an Emotion Severing cultivator - what do I need in order to examine the walls, and is it better to keep the body or give it back?
>>
>>510587
You might experience a slight overlap with resetting some tiles, but it's nothing crucial. Still better than having no Qi bursting or having multiple Qi cushions in a single array.
>>510646
The Emotion Severing cultivator needs to be at Primordial Soul stage, while also having at least 15 Artisanry and 8 Intelligence. Since you just get inspiration from the wall, it's not something that's crucial.
Keeping the body gives you one Divine Bone, which you can also get from destroying any of your ascended Xiandao statues.
Returning the body to Skydome gives you favor with them, along with Fortune Seeds.
Leaving the body there will give you nothing.
>>
>>510718
>15 Artisanry
How do you level up that anyway? The only way I've found is leaving inners on leisure for 500 years. I'm also not entirely sure how much of an effect it has.
>Returning the body to Skydome gives you favor with them, along with Fortune Seeds.
I'm already max favour, but when I tried this in testing I didn't get any seeds, or at least didn't notice it.
Also, wasn't there some way to get one seed per year somehow, or am I misremembering? I can't remember where I read that.
>>
>>510741
To increase artisanry, leave them on leisure and equip them with learning speed talismans. That's pretty much it. Whether it's worth it is another matter (just for the inspiration from that event, not really).
The returning the body part is a separate event, you have to adventure to Skydome to return the remains and get the Seeds.
After you observe the seed in that cavern, you can return every year to receive more of it. I mentioned it previously.
>>
>>510748
>After you observe the seed in that cavern, you can return every year to receive more of it.
Alright let's ask a little clarification:
Should I be returning on the 1st of the year for it or exactly 1 year after this day? Is it adventure or camping? If not camping, is there any point in camping there?
>>
>>510758
Exactly 112 days after. So a year. As said originally, adventuring. Camping and entering at that location has no relations to that.
>>
>>510523
Bumping this, asking as I'm planning on doing Evil Essence to maximize Qi in the Core Shaping phase, but I'm unsure if the Fortune Dew is worth it.
>>
I thought once I had the resources and stuff to train more than one cultivator at a time, I'd get things done a lot faster.
Instead I'm constantly pausing and slowing things down, and sending people to the wrong places as I'm always confused. It's giving me a -1000 iq debuff.
>>
>>510963
my solution is to just pick 2-3 guys i care about and send the others to do chores i don't have to keep track of. i've had one guy adventuring to collect holy stone for a year and i don't even need it, it just keeps him busy and off my screen and i know where he is if i need him.
>>
>>511001
I mean, that's what I'm doing too. The problem is I have one doing 16 supreme steps, one doing artifact refining law (with core breakthrough in the next few days), 3 diff people I'm doing sunflower law for, all while taking care of other stuff that's happening like attacks.
What was left of my brain is shutting down on me, I can feel it.
>>
File: 20210406210750_1.jpg (562 KB, 1920x1080)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>>510587
That's a thing? Is there any way to control or up the chances of it? It sounds like I'm going to get an insane core, pretty much for free out of this.
>>
>>511037
In the top right corner of the screen, there's a notepad function. If you're not using an external note program, those 11 sections can be useful to keep track of stuff.
>>511115
Pure RNG. If it happens, you got lucky. It's not something you can control. Having a Blessed (Very Auspicious) Sect can help, but it's still RNG.
>>
File: 20210406212458_1.jpg (710 KB, 1920x1080)
710 KB
710 KB JPG
>>511115
+68.5k Qi, a little disappointed I was so close to 666,666 without actually hitting it, but you can't have everything.
I'm not beating that record anytime soon.

>>511119
>If you're not using an external note program
I kinda dismissed the idea of using a mod previously, but after experiencing doing multiple cultivators at the same time I think I have to, for the same of my sanity if nothing else.
>>
I guess I can't delay asking any longer: if I want a t15 artifact, or a t15 legacy artifact, at what point in the process for them should I do the 'awakening it as a sentient spirit' part?
Also, what should I be making into my top tier weapons? Spears, or something else? Material cost is not an issue, only that I get the best stats and results. Especially for a 7 Sword Slaughterer, I plan on maxing out all six of their artifacts.
>>
>>511152
Nice. Also, there's nothing wrong with using notes. Whether it's the ingame notes section or a set of Office documents, as long as it helps you keep track of things.
>>511212
For Shendao artifacts, the method is different. T15 regular artifacts have the same skills as T12 regular artifacts, so I won't go over them.
For T15 Legacy Artifact, start with a Legacy Artifact Incubation. Make sure it's T12 (as Draconic Tablet and Needles of Tribulation don't start as T12). Now, illuminate it. Now it's T13 illuminated Legacy Artifact Incubation. Activating that would give you a T13 soulbound legacy artifact. Don't do that.
Feed the illuminated item with to achieve the ratio wanted for your law (more info in the Sentient Spirit guide). When the ratio is achieved, consider a super name for them. Then use Body of Genesis with that super name. Now cultivate them to Demi-God. The demigod tribulation needs to be defeated, so prepare for that.
Once they're a Demigod, remove them from any branches, beds, cushions, etc. Have them learn either Yang God Possession or Lesser Possession. Have them use it on a random outer you won't mind missing (basic trash you might have just recruited works fine). After that their original body turns into the T15 Legacy Artifact Incubation, while they are now possessing someone. Unequip their items and ascend them for a statue.
The incubation can now be activated (as long as the conditions are fulfilled), if you can't activate it, consider using Heaven-mending Chant from Myriad Artifact Law. After activating it you now have a T15 soulbound legacy artifact.
If you're using regular artifacts, then the small Qi cap meta is still valid with Ice Essence Bracelets, especially valid for metal cultivators. For Legacy Artifacts, Unus or Sirius Spikes are pretty common to use, for others, here's a more detailed table
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vWDB5mpsYb6-x4ULm0ZFWStSjZXDjUQ4__FMp8CFb7o/edit#gid=42321484
>>
>>511268
>Have them use it on a random outer you won't mind missing (basic trash you might have just recruited works fine)
That's a problem, I still have the low sect pop limit problem and am struggling to find any outers left to let go.
>soulbound legacy artifact.
Soulbound to who? Kinda less valuable to me if I can't trade them between cultivators, and I won't be able to use them as part of a sub spirit set.
>>
>>511268
>If you're using regular artifacts, then the small Qi cap meta is still valid with Ice Essence Bracelets, especially valid for metal cultivators.
I missed reading this on the first pass, but "there's a meta?"
>>
can primordial talisman law breakthrough talismans go higher than 200%?
>>
Is it worth raising a Yaoguai for Shendao's Celestial Thunder Sutra?
If I do raise a Yaoguai for it, which type is best?
>>
>>511350
Incubations need to be activated. Legacy Artifacts are soulbound to the activator of the incubation. You shouldn't activate legacy artifacts if you don't plan on keeping the cultivator around.
>>511368
Some items are better for artifacts than others. With the way Artifact combat works ingame, there are certain value relations you might want(High Qi recovery, low Qi cap, etc.). The combination of labels for Ice Essence Bracelets is one of the best ways to reach those values.
>>511621
You can use different types of ink, but higher options require more Qi.
>>512223
Nope. Yaoguai have shards that can be useful for Outers, Xiandao or Physical Cultivators. Yaoguai don't have shards that are useful for Shendao. If you want a divine cultivator, use a human or an illuminated being.
The main problem comes with their shapeshifting tribulation, as you have a high chance of not passing the tribulation if you build the Shendao properly.
>>
>>512253
>Nope. Yaoguai have shards that can be useful for Outers, Xiandao or Physical Cultivators. Yaoguai don't have shards that are useful for Shendao. If you want a divine cultivator, use a human or an illuminated being.
Alright, I'm currently working my way through the Shendao guide as it's way past time that I got one, but if I'm getting one then I'd prefer to just get a single superb one than several mediocre ones, especially since space in the sect is at an absolute premium for me.
If you wanted just one top quality Shendao cultivator, what base would you start with? Some specific sentient spirit or would you fish for some specific human? I'd like to plan ahead for this.
The guide might already go over how to minmax one later on, but rn I'm only 22 pages in.
>>
>>512278
A human with high Int, Luck, and social (for the Core followers). That's pretty much it. And even then, it's useful to ascend the first Shendao you get for the statue.
The ascended Shendao statue has a skill to grant random guards to other Shendao cultivators. You can get unique guards (like the three from the third golden casket) as well as guards from other laws. It's not cheap, but you can farm obsession gems with any Shendao at the divine realm (if you've cleared all obsessions from your own disciples, invite others and clear their obsessions).
>>
>>512286
I've just passed the section on Shendao rooms, do you have a top quality room design I can analyse / reverse engineer? I learn more easily by looking at the finished product then picking it apart to understand why it's good.
>>
>>512297
Do you mean their regular room or the Divine Realm Forming room? Because those are two very different designs.
>>
>>512324
Why limit yourself to posting only one or the other? Why not both?
>>
>>512328
Because the regular room can be nothing more than a bed with 2doors. Also shown in the guide.
The forming (or breakthrough room, as referred to in the guide) can be either a bunch of vases or something grand. Also shown in the guide, both extremities.
>>
>>512361
If my sect was in the early days still I'd just use a whatever empty room with 2 doors and a second one with a bunch of vases, yeah. Thing is I'm 800+ days in, have hundreds of Lumina Cores and even more bars + other materials, so I'd feel wrong just building this out of dirt cheap materials and it wouldn't fit into the rest of the sect.
The only material off the table is bamboo or anything DLC. The only other requirements I have are that they're not massive rooms as I'm starting to run out of space on the map entirely, and that the layout of the rooms look nice and aren't a hot mess of seemingly randomly placed items like I'm seeing from some of the example pics.
>>
>>512406
I assume you understand why it's basically an empty room? You are following the same guide posted above, right? And I'd also assume that you'd understand why you should be using cheap materials.
For the Divine Realm Breakthrough room, they aren't placed randomly. They're placed optimally, so that any nodes are Very Auspicious and the lighting is its highest where the actual breakthrough is made. Nothing's stopping you from using the same amount of items placed in a different way.
>>
File: Shendao room.jpg (68 KB, 703x459)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>512477
>I assume you understand why it's basically an empty room? You are following the same guide posted above, right? And I'd also assume that you'd understand why you should be using cheap materials.
Sure, but if the pic right after it is to be believed then I'm lot limited to making a shit bare room out of brownstone and can make something aesthetic.

>For the Divine Realm Breakthrough room, they aren't placed randomly. They're placed optimally, so that any nodes are Very Auspicious and the lighting is its highest where the actual breakthrough is made. Nothing's stopping you from using the same amount of items placed in a different way.
Is there no such thing as a medium sized aesthetic room that does the job? Pic related is nice, much nicer than any of the breakthrough rooms I saw listed.
>>
>>512485
No, you're not limited. But the example you posted isn't a good example, as bamboo is a crap material, that can be considered as bad as brownstone (even worse in some aspects). Are you familiar with the distress system?
If you're using that example for your divine realm forming breakthroughs, you're a real "genius". Not VA (most likely), poor lightning, poor Room Quality, Poor Room Attractiveness, etc.
And just for the record, those examples are medium sized. At the high end (49 tiles), but still medium.
>>
>>512537
NGL anon, sometimes it's like talking to a space alien. Oh well I'll just use the 2 door Brownstone and deal with it.
>>
>>512558
Having my attention split between 5 screens can cause some confusion, so I get what you're saying.
Let me expand on why the 2doors basic room is useful:
At start, you're trying to get their distress (total mood) as low as possible. That requires a different building style. You're not trying for good Feng Shui, but rather the most basic shit layout possible.
You don't want an attractive room, as that will give a mood that will increase distress.
You don't want a high quality room, as that will give a mood that will increase distress.
You don't want a Very Auspicious room, as that will give a mood that will increase distress.
The guide mentions that, but not explicitly. So you can use whatever you want, just as long as it's not attractive, high tier, or responsible for Very Auspicious Feng Shui. The guide is also meant as the bare minimum, which is the 2door brownstone setup.
So if you want to use other materials, you can, but you either need to balance them out or just suck up the eventual increase in distress. An example, if you placed something attractive and received the mood boost from it, you'd have to decrease the room attractiveness by either making it dirty or by placing Feces(they have negative Attractiveness) in the room.
If you want to make it aesthetic, here's an option: Mountain Shaping miracle from Heaven Stealing Law, create a cave|mountain. Set up their 2door room in that cave|mountain. Because that's pretty much what they're doing, being an ascetic away from anything.

The breakthrough room is another matter. For the normal breakthroughs, just use any cultivation room not in use. For the Divine Realm (GC equivalent), you're looking at other factors.
The main factor is that divine realm forming is timed and the ceiling is 48 states. The higher you get all those factors, the quicker the breakthrough will be (since the breakthrough will be terminated when you reach the highest possible state).
[TO BE CONTINUED]
>>
>>512641
The down side of serial builds is that they're all locked into the tech level of the first unit, and will incur additional cost to upgrade after completion. If you can forego the convenience, it's usually better to start a new unit when the previous one completes, rather than queue several of them up in advance. Having the newly finished unit appear for manual placement (default setting) produces an "available for placement" icon which serves as a visible reminder both to place the unit and to start its successor in the queue. There is no bonus aside from the "Practical" level (other than possible Minister effects), which provides the same "gearing" bonus to all units of a general type: Infantry, Artillery, Armor, Single Engine Aircraft, and so on, but decays over time. Generally, the higher the IC-days cost of the unit, the more impact it has on its associated Practical. The higher the Practical, the faster it decays. Note that some Ministers will provide bonuses to reduce Practical decay over time.

As Dr. Intolerance points out, that Practical bonus is recalculated any time that a unit completes, and applied immediately to all units of that type in production. A spectacular example of this would be Germany building a pair of BCs, one started in January of 1936 and the second 6 months later. When the first completes, the second unit will have its completion date advanced almost to the current date, resulting in nearly 6 months of IC-days saved by the increased Practical value. If you had built them and finished them in parallel, those roughly 1800 IC-days would have been wasted.

If, in addition to the two BCs, you start a couple of BBs later in the year after researching the last 1936 BB techs to 1938, you can still have them complete before the outbreak of war, thanks to the Capital Ship Practical bonus produced by the two BCs.
>>
>>512651
Cheeky cunt
>>
>>512641
[CONTINUED]
While you could use a high tier cultivation room for your Divine Realm forming, some of the factors aren't optimal.
Mostly the lightning and attractiveness. Lightning can be increased by replacing some Qi gathering stands with Crane Lanterns. Attractiveness can be increased by placing Divine Jade on stands (150 attractiveness).
Just because it's an option doesn't mean it's the best one. You'd only need the breakthrough room once per Shendao, so converting a cultivation room into a Divine Realm Forming room might not be a good choice.
The examples in that guide are the aesthetic examples (FYI). They're not the optimal version, but they fit the conditions. The main downside with them that I see is the use of Ever-Ice Pillars, which is the same as using 6 Trigrams flags.
If you're limited in space, the small Vase room might actually be the best option. Not the most aesthetic, yes, but the most efficient.

>>512651
Also, I'm pretty sure I didn't post that, as I haven't played HoI in a long time.
>>
>>512641
>>512695
Alright anon, thanks. I had some simple-ish question about Shendao but the other guy's given me a brain fart.
>>
>>512734
>I had some simple-ish question about Shendao
Okay I remembered it.
What's the fastest way to ascend a whatever Shendao guy? Ignoring everything else if I just want the statue.
>>
>>512734
Plot twist, it was me all along.
Assumed that the current guide (posted above) should make it clear enough for Shendao aspects that a full explanation on the room aspects wasn't warranted. Especially if you consider the old guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pQvNibrw02Aul0POm5eUt8O8a87tkPxH-vQaUgDzJhY/edit?usp=sharing
Compare that to the newer guide. Should give a clue why one could assume shorter answers should be enough for one who's read the newer guide.
>>512795
Tribulation guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NZ1V-UwwnjAyL8LtDrBkqwGjvIx-pTyP-6Q4N6VlYnU/
Some differences apply, as their ascension happens directly after beating the divinity tribulation. That means you shouldn't equip anything you don't mind losing on them.
The newer Shendao guide has a section on Shendao Sacred Relics and farming T15 artifacts, so use that as well.
>>
>>512825
>Tribulation guide
That's for how to survive a tribulation, not so much for how to get him to there. Not sure if you misunderstood the question?
>>
>>512859
The first section, Types of Tribulations, lists the Belief Tribulations. The first type of Belief Tribulation listed is the Ascending tribulation.
>A Heavenly Tribulation caused by having 100% divinity.
So how to get 100% divinity? Talismans, Restrained state and granting wishes. Those are mentioned in the Shendao Cultivation guide (which by now you should be familiar with).
But they will most likely die if they're unprepared (right after forming Divine Realm). That's what the rest of the tribulation guide is for, since just increasing their divinity to 100 without any additional considerations will end up badly.
>>
File: 20210407184832_1.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1080)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>511152
This kike really needs to knock it the fuck off.

>>512891
I guess I'll treat it as a dry run.
>>
>>510523
>>510782
Last ask about Fortune Dew, any reason not to use it? I'm about to swallow one if there's nothing.
Asking since Divine Mind looks good but I apparently shouldn't use it, so maybe this has some similar problem.
>>
>>512931
Useful for the recovering from all injuries part.
If don't mind them being unavailable for nearly a year, it doesn't have much of a downside.
While the decrease in attainment can be useful for some cultivators at certain stages, it's not always wanted.
The base stats increase could be seen as its greatest selling point. But 20% is also the base for the remolding miracles. With a high-end Stat suppression relic room, you can achieve greater results.
So while it's good, there are better ways to achieve the same result, that are not dependent on rare T12 medicine.
>>
File: 20210407195841_1.jpg (517 KB, 1920x1080)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
>>512907
What the fuck can't be illuminated, even?
>>
File: 20210407204951_1.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1080)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>513005
Is liberated not good for Shendao? The description makes it sound like it is.
>>
>>513005
In a world where walls and doors can turn sentient, when the clothes on your back can gain sentience, when the illuminated corpses of great beasts can wander onto your sect, having a gate illuminated is no big deal.
>>513093
You'd think so. However, the actual effect of Liberated is just an increase in Base Mental State value (by 10). It's useful for everyone, yes. But it's not that crucial for Shendao (especially at higher Mental State stages).
>>
File: 20210407210825_1.jpg (693 KB, 1920x1080)
693 KB
693 KB JPG
>>513093
>Worst outer I have left is the only one to successfully enter a relationship in all my time playing
Fucks sake, I knew there was a reason why I hadn't expelled him yet.
>>
File: file.png (538 KB, 521x730)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
meanwhile
>>
>>513122
Fine Too.
>>
If Urus is Earth element, does that mean I should be giving it to a Fire cultivator or should I be keeping it on the Earth guy who crafted it and has the +5000% attack skill?
>>
>>513558
Unus can be powerful in the hands of an Emotion Severing Law cultivator, but Sunflower Refining Law is better suited for it.
While the overall bonus in artifact stats that a Fire element law cultivator is nice to have, having the same element will also grant a bonus in stats (not as great, but still better than nothing).
The main reason you should use it for the crafter is that they are limited to one artifact. The Unus manual (second level of Annihila Thrust) sets them up for using the Unus, as decreasing artifact Qi cap will cause the increased attack effect to happen more often.
So if you have only one Unus and need to decide who to activate it on, selecting the crafter is a good choice.
If you have multiple Incubations ready to be activated, then giving them to Fire element law cultivators is something to be considered after your Sunflower Refining Law cultivators are equipped with them.,
>>
>>513940
I have 1 Sunflower with 3 more in the works since that's what I need for the formation, the first one has the skill for crafting Urus as well as being limited to only one artifact, but the other 3 don't have to be.
Assuming they're mostly used in formations and taking material costs out of the equation, would I be better served making them all have the same skill and a t15 Urus, or would they be better off getting the skill for 7 extra Artifact Mastery skill levels, putting them onto two pieces of equipment and then getting the extra artifact skill and simply using them with regular t12 artifacts?
The other possibility is some other legacy artifact raised to T15 along with the second option or something like that, but I've no idea what would be good on that front.
>>
>>513979
If you don't plan on using them outside formations, then giving them Legacy Artifacts can be considered as wasting them. The exceptions would be Draconic Tablet (increases protection skill), Illusion Sphere (can revive the user) and Golden Lotus Stand (defends, might be useless in formations).
If their main use is in formations, consider going with Notes on Moral Integrity instead (and eventually Earthbound Qi). If their main use isn't in formations, then do whatever you feel like. If you plan on using them to create subspirit sets, then you'd be needing a decent amount of subspirits, so it's not something you should do if you aren't dedicated to it.
Using other Legacy Artifacts boosted to T15 is always an option. However, considering how hard they are to acquire (>>511268 has a table of where to find the formulas), it's not an easy option. Using normal T12 artifacts is much easier.
>>
>>514008
>If you plan on using them to create subspirit sets, then you'd be needing a decent amount of subspirits, so it's not something you should do if you aren't dedicated to it.
What I meant by the sub spirit thing was so that I could get both the 7 extra skill levels and the extra artifact both, if I'm not going with Urus strats. I'm pretty sure there's no requirements on sub spirit item useage as long as the caster is the one using the item.
>>
>>514015
That's true. But there is a requirement on the subspirit level to attach it in the first place. And the only way to increase your subspirit level is by attaching subspirits.
>>
>>514017
>But there is a requirement on the subspirit level to attach it in the first place.
Oh, right, I'd forgotten about that part.
Huh, that actually greatly leans me towards just doing all 4 with Urus then then since they won't be 100% in formations as I doubt I'd have everyone I'd need to form it on hand every time an attack shows up at my sect.
>>
File: 20210408160649_1.jpg (559 KB, 1920x1080)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>513114
About fucking time. I always forget the Spirit Fruit and let them get eaten by animals, no more of that.
>>
File: 20210408171019_1.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
>>514124
I have literally 33 rows of bootleg spells I can potentially learn here, and zero clue on how to narrow down. Way too many numbers and spells that do similar things.
Is there *any* advice you could give at all? Ideally along the lines of "I'd look for spells that target all and hit for xxx, or single target spells that hit for xxx", those are the two types of spell I'm interested in unless there's some useful target type I don't know of.
>>
Say I want to get into the game. What should I know first?
>>
>>514220
>when you're rolling your characters, if you're doing yaoguai make sure they've got a tribulation timer of at least 200 days.
>avoid accruing fame like the plague. don't do artifact secrets.
>read the feng shui guide in the help menu. tl;dr feng shui items should be supported by their immediate environment, but read it anyway.

those are the three big things that got me starting out, the rest you can pick up as you play.
>>
File: Spell Esoterica.png (33 KB, 1280x535)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>514192
I wouldn't be surprised if someone from china already has a template or a tool for that. If not, you've given me an idea for a project.
Here's a method to narrow it down: use a spreadsheet. Here's an example format.
Since there are way too many variables, here's a few aspects you might consider:
>Consider the element, two spells are better than one spell.
Your Unorthodox attainment cap is based on your Orthodox attainment. You might want to avoid counteractive spells, as you can't learn as many of them.
>Higher State requirements are better than lower State requirements
The higher the state requirement, the higher the possible Spell attributes. Out of two spells with similar effects, the higher state requirement one is usually better.
>Target Types are different
Different types are best for different situations.
Visible Targets are best used when it's a group of enemies.Very useful if you're against multiple enemies.
Closest Target and|or Target with Least Qi is useful for 1v1. Another use case for those spells is finishing off enemies.
>Cost|CoolDown|Damage stats
Remember, the stats displayed are the base stats for the spell. While the actual value will be different based on your cultivator stats, they will still give you the baseline.
For Cost, do they have enough Qi capacity and recovery to sustain casting that spell? If they have a small Qi cap, try to avoid any spells with a large Qi cost.
For CoolDown, can you handle the larger period between casting spells? If you have enough spells, then the CoolDown part can be ignored.
Damage is the crucial part. As always, higher is better.
But you need to consider the overall DPS. If you've built your spellcaster as a tank that outlasts your enemy, then low cost and short cooldown would be ideal. A high damage would be just a bonus.
But if you don't tank with your spellcaster, then you can go for the highest damage spells available.
>>
>>514220
Don't start with Yaoguai. Shapeshifting tribulations will fuck you in the ass when you don't know what's up yet.
Pick a large map, I've spent the last 300+ hours wishing I wasn't stuck on a medium sized map.
Avoid fame, craft the best invisibility talismans you can early on and have one on each inner disciple you have because fame spiraling out of control will ruin you.
Don't avoid touching adventuring on the world map and branch sects, they're very easy to use and provide huge benefits that I ignored for a long time.
When you're looking at your initial cultivators you get to start with, Luck > Int / Constitution > Perception > Charisma. If all your starting stats are 5 or higher and Qi Sense is at least 20 (adjusted), then you're all set to do well with True Sun Refining Law (the suggested newbie law)
With any Inner disciple you have below the Golden Core realm, learn absolutely every single +max qi (not qi absorption) skill you possibly can, don't advance to Golden Core if you have any you can reasonably get and learn still.
>>
File: 20210408192738_1.jpg (564 KB, 1920x1080)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
>>514192
Well there goes 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.
Notable standouts (all multi target spells):
Recharge / Damage
>10.1 / 124
>12.5 / 147
>21.6 / 210
>14.6 / 155
>16.4 / 169
>28.6 / 270
>10.8 / 103

>>514250
>If not, you've given me an idea for a project.
If you do make something, please add a function that allows you to sort by DPS as well as the normal functions like damage done, so like 10.0 second recharge for a 100 damage spell is 10 DPS, simple stuff but would definitely be handy.
>>
What does "Spell Channelling Bonus" help? Because it sure as fuck doesn't seem to make my spells recharge faster.
>>
>>514415
Good suggestions (added for consideration), but it'll take time before you see any results. Especially considering how cursed the game code is.
>>514438
Spell Channeling Bonus is about the length of preparation time needed before releasing spells. Won't go below 20% (lower is better).
It's about the time it takes to cast the spell, not the cooldown after the spell has been cast.
>>
File: 20210408200426_1.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080)
538 KB
538 KB JPG
>>514415
Finally incorporated, this was the last real problem area and given time everywhere should now reach 360k followers easily enough.

Also, my latest and greatest spell user is almost complete, she already obliterated the latest attack on my sect in 1/4 the time it usually takes to end these attacks and she's still only at 16/20 spell.
>>
Male
8 - 7 - 5 - 4 - 5
Warrior / Good Tempered

Female
6 - 5 - 5 - 4 - 7
Warrior / Good Tempered (Favored by destiny too if it matters)

I want to make one into my ascender / trial run, and one into my sect killer. Which should I make into which, and are there any additional details you'd like to know to help make the decision?
>>
>training is specified sect-wide via the time table
What is this bullshit? Why would I want my peons to train as much as my geniuses?
>>
>>514719
gotta give the retards hope so they keep doing your slave work
>>
>>514719
You can tell your geniuses to "work hard" and remove any work tasks from their listing other than firefighting. They will then just train all day while the peons do it just enough to feel like they're special.
>>
I'm a newbie. Is it normal that all I can get my Gen 1 disciples is up to Tier 7 GC?
>>
>get game from based ruskis
>but it crashes on startup for some reason
>after an hour of screwing around with different cracks/steam bypass methods it turns out that the game was in so many redundant folders with such long filenames that it stopped the game from working
So this is the power of russian hacking.
>>
File: lies.png (196 KB, 783x355)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
I thought pills were supposed to ruin your foundation
>>
>>514978
>I'm a newbie. Is it normal that all I can get my Gen 1 disciples is up to Tier 7 GC?
Only if you really don't know what you're doing. Honestly if you don't hit at least 4 then something simple and easily fixable is wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0-gr7JveGA
Make sure your cultivation room is set up something like one of these.
Make sure your cultivation room "begets" the element of your cultivator, so have Fire element items in the middle for an Earth cultivator, Earth items for a Metal cultivator, Wood items for a Fire cultivator, etc. See
>>510587
for a double Fire element cultivation room I built for raising two earth element cultivators side by side. if you do something like this then you can do one side Fire element and one side Ice element, so the temperatures more easily balance each other out and your inner disciples don't die of exposure.
Core size is directly based on your max Qi size before advancing, more max Qi = bigger core so always make sure to transcribe all your laws to a Manual Pavilion, then have your core shaping disciple study at it and learn absolutely every single max Qi enhancing that's available (even counteractive ones) other than "Reformed Lifeblood", unless you have the expensive Panacea Pill that's needed to fix the downside of it.
Have one of your shitty GCs learn every weather miracle, then cast an appropriate weather miracle right before your breakthrough attempt.
Make sure you do it at the right time of day when the yin-yang is starting to turn positive, make sure you do it at the right time of year as each element cultivator has a 5 day window (4/5 are during the 9th to 13th of the right season) to advance for max bonuses.
Make sure to take beneficial max Qi medicines, especially 2x Earth Flux that are ideally spectral refined to t12 and some Red Ginseng / Ganodrmea.
For more info on beneficial things:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2333994019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAGE7jxfbBY
>>
>>514978
>>515388
To further add a little something, just so you know how decent your core sizes are:
Below 250,000 core size = fix your problems, you can do better
250,000 to 399,999 = your first "big boy" cores should be this size, it is a range easily obtainable once you have everything set up well.
400,00 to 599,999 = this is the big leagues, and ideally every cultivator you raise up in the mid to late game that you plan to keep around should be at least this large.
600,000 to 999,999 = you've made it, this is a truly excellent core size and a truly excellent disciple you can keep around forever.
1,000,000+ = the ultimate goal, not a number you can ever hit without an incredible amount of min-maxing.

>>515224
Most pills and elixirs have a resistance, so they quickly lose any effectiveness they have on you.
Some pills and elixirs have nasty side effects, like giving you permanent brain damage or incinerating your internal organs. Learning how to mitigate or cure the side effects of the better ones so they're not a problem to you is how you start to get really good Golden Core sizes.
>>
>>512962
>With a high-end Stat suppression relic room, you can achieve greater results.
How do I make one of these / what's involved in making one?
>>
Does Feng Shui only care about the direction and number of doors going outside or also doors connecting rooms together? Do cultivators not believe in hallways?
>>
>>515427
I assume you're aware of the fact that remolding stats for outers gives a greater increase if the stat in question is low (that's why it's suggested to use Soul Infection before remolding).
The concept of a Stat Suppression Relic room is simple, using incompatible relics to decrease the stats of those in the room, increasing the boost they get from the remolding miracles.
All you need are relics that would increase any of the stats (Luck, Per, Con, etc.), if they don't affect the base stats, they are not useful for Stat suppression.
Place your stat relics in a room, make sure they are all incompatible, since incompatible relics give a negative effect (based on the listed effect).
Getting those relics is RNG, so keep doing those crafting|trading loops, you can get some as a byproduct. But it's still RNG, since you'll be only looking for stat increasing relics.
>>515523
Feng Shui room types are based on the contents of the room. A single room can have multiple room types.
Feng Shui room types are what the required door directions are based on. So a bedroom would need a door leading down, a workshop would need a door leading right, etc.
If a single room has multiple types with different door directions, then the room would need multiple doors in different directions. A bedroom|kitchen would need a door down and a door left.
More than one door leading outside (or into a room without Feng Shui) will cause Feng Shui leakage. Multiple doors leading into rooms with Feng Shui is fine.
Considering all that, it cares most about the direction. Then the number going outside. You can create hallways if you place Feng Shui nodes in them (like a Table or Water Vat).
>>
That's a relief. I was worried I'd be stuck doing hut coldesac colonies constantly because every room needed to go outside and in particular directions at that.
>>
How quickly should you use the forming pill? Immediately?
>>
>>515648
I like to use it immediately to unlock all buildings and start recruiting.
>>
>>515569
It's definitely easier to make huts, but you're not limited to them. If you start understanding Feng Shui, then it's possible to make large constructions, similar to what the other sects have done.
>>515648
Debatable. One way of using it is to speed up your Sect forming and to get an inner disciple right at start. As long as you have enough outers for tasks, it's fine.
Another way of using it is to increase the stats for a Golden Core forming. Since it gives medicine resistance, you can't do that if they already consumed one. Doesn't really matter for the one you get at start, but it's something to consider with further disciples.
>>
What other stats affect Gold Core forming aside from Max Qi, Qi Regen and the stats with the green stars (Season, Element, etc)? Does Qi Absorption help?
>>
>>515838
What affects the Golden Core breakthrough:
>Mind state
>Weather effect
>Yin Yang effect
>Season
>Law compatibility (based on cultivator stats and law requirements)
>Luck
>Qi on the tile (not Qi gathering)
>Element for that tile (the ratio)
Those are the factors that the amount of score per tick is based on.
When you start the GC forming, your Qi recovery is stopped and every tick your Qi is reduced by a constant amount and the score is increased based on the factors above. So while your max Qi doesn't affect the score per second, it does affect the length of the breakthrough.
Qi recovery (regen) is worthless for the breakthrough. Qi Absorption is also worthless for the breakthrough.
>>
File: 20210409152839_1.jpg (635 KB, 1920x1080)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
>>515556
>I assume you're aware of the fact that remolding stats for outers gives a greater increase if the stat in question is low
Yup.
>since incompatible relics give a negative effect (based on the listed effect).
I feel like I should have predicted this is how they worked at least to some extent, but didn't. Oh well, rescued a 20% Int bow from my trade pile and had a 10% Int Gnarled Vine sitting around my sect. Will see what else I can find.
>>
>>514658
Any reply to this? Asking because one's a man and that's better, but the other has better luck.
Or should I hold off a bit longer and keep searching if I want a real sect killer?
>>
File: 20210409161109_1.jpg (603 KB, 1920x1080)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>516533
What in the fuck happened here?
>>
>>516533
So that's 30% INT decrease from two relics. Make sure the outer stays in that room while the remolding happens. While INT is now boosted, other stats are unaffected. So for other remolds (PER,CON,CHA), you'd still need their respective relics. Until you get those relics, those remolds can be done in other places.
>>516642
For Shendao Sect Killers? Neither. You'd want 8 INT to complete certain mental stage breakthroughs, along with high social to recruit Core Followers. That is ignoring the material cost (Ancient Scrolls) you'd need for their maxed out Divine Realm.
An option is ascending one, while using the other for utility (mostly removing obsessions). Then when you finally get the one with the ideal stats, you should have enough of Obsession Gems (or Incense on the Shendao statue) to get the useful Guards for your Sect Killer.
>>516817
Time and Natural Causes (getting killed is pretty natural for that universe).
>>
>>516833
>So that's 30% INT decrease from two relics. Make sure the outer stays in that room while the remolding happens. While INT is now boosted, other stats are unaffected. So for other remolds (PER,CON,CHA), you'd still need their respective relics. Until you get those relics, those remolds can be done in other places.
End tally for relics that were lying around:
40 Int, 40 Con, 20 Per. Overall I'm pretty pleased with what I found. How much would quality as "high end"?

>For Shendao Sect Killers? Neither. You'd want 8 INT to complete certain mental stage breakthroughs
And it's impossible for me to remodel them for more Int etc? Keep in mind I've not used a single miracle or pill on them yet.

>>516833
>Time and Natural Causes (getting killed is pretty natural for that universe).
I only met them last year, and it seems to be the only sect that suddenly had 5 people die.
>>
Been away for 5 months or so. I don't supposed there's a mod that makes the map a bit more roguelike? Randomly generate map, etc.
My dream is being able to focus on one guy, adventuring the world, join up a sect and train there, gather AI companions etc.
>>
>>515147
>he doesn't stick everything in C:/

ngmi
>>
>>516868
With the boost, higher is better. Considering how RNG relics are it's hard to pinpoint where the high end is. But if you manage to reduce the stats to 0, then that's pretty much it.
You can try remolding them. Use the stat suppression, remold, give them T12 Bane pills, etc. If their stats are high enough, then you can consider them for your Sect Killer. To get an idea of what a Sect Killer might look like, the Shendao Cultivation Guide and Recommended Core Follower section has a few examples.
Also, that's RNG for you.
>>516891
Nope. You might want to have a look at Tales of Immortal, there's an English translation mod for it. That might be more to your liking.
>>
File: 20210409170407_1.jpg (713 KB, 1920x1080)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>>516977
What's the quickest way to identify if there's any relics in an area? I've been selecting vertical strips of items and looking for * marks, but it's a pain.
>>
File: Relic_Storage.png (326 KB, 704x802)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
>>517059
I use a High Priority (other areas are either regular or low priority) Relics Only storage area with the following filters. That's the best method I'm aware of, but it requires enough Peons|Vessels|Puppets to keep the areas up to date.
>>
File: 20210409171602_1.jpg (449 KB, 1920x1080)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>517059
At what point can I solve this mystery or progress with it, anyway?

>>517086
Actually a pretty good idea, I'd forgotten that storages can sort by relics.
>>
File: 1168546816841.png (53 KB, 732x868)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>517086
>there's a priority toggle

You have no idea how much time I wasted fucking with filters
>>
File: 20210409174029_1.jpg (465 KB, 1920x1080)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>>517114
What's this all about, does it give anything useful?
>>
>>517114
It's a mystery. The Mysteries guide goes over the methods, but it also contains spoilers, so be careful:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bso2z4o_u70Sh5d3Gq5YSiwwX4tI0ppDf2o6mpRlj7I/
>>517212
A Manual, Celestial Demon Incarnation. Can be useful, but it makes you a dick that needs to torture people from time to time.
>>
File: 20210409183239_1.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>517212
>Male liberated, good-tempered warrior with 6 luck and 5 int
If this guy isn't a perfect base for being a sect killer Shendao, then I don't know what the fuck is.
>>517244
>Another 178 page long guide
Someday I'll finish studying for my PHD in this game, but it's not today.
>>
So do the mortal skills have any value to cultivators at all or is there just a clear distinction between people that have potential as a cultivator based on their aptitude in those skills and those who will just be mortal laborers forever?
>>
>>517378
Yep, that sure looks like a future Celestial Thunder Sect Killer. Might have issues with the low social when recruiting Core Followers, but should be fine after all the remolding and other boosts.
Some games have detailed Wikis. This one has manuals (books) on Google Drive.
>>517430
Some attributes are based on those skills. There are also certain events requiring a certain skill level, like the Alchemist's Peak with Medicine.
Some skills are always used, like Battle or Social.
Due to the amount of possible variables, there is no clear distinction. A better question would be what are you looking for in a cultivator? A regular Golden Core (Xiandao) cultivator has different requirements than a Physical Cultivator or a permanent outer.
>>
dropped this game after 100 hours. It was fun building up cultivators and seeing all the shit they could slowly grow to accomplish, but I am so off-put by the weird UI design choices, translations, and just general amount of time it takes to get to the interesting gameplay mechanics such as yaoguai customization or breathing unless you rely on a guide.

Am I missing something? Is there a mod that could fix something like this? Because I can't really find games that fill this same niche.
>>
>>517565
I'd have said that finding the weird tricks IS the gameplay in this kind of game. The translation's a fair point, but I'm pretty sure the fan translation was even worse, so you deal with what you got. There are a couple mods which do make life easier though. More Tile Info and Numeric Descriptions make determining what the hell's going on a bit easier.
>>
What's the best way to train up Social? Just attach a learning talisman and remove all their work tasks, or is there a better method?
>>
>>517909
Make sure your outers are all eating at the same time too. They shouldn't need to eat more than once a day anyway, and if they're all in the dining room at the same time they'll do a bunch more talking.
>>
>>517956
Do they only talk if at a table, or can they do it while standing and eating?
>>
What's the deal with characters that are generated without an adulthood profession? Is there a meaningful benefit or are they just gimped for being too young?
>>
>>517988
Only at a table.
>>
File: thunderstruck.png (11 KB, 304x81)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
What did the game mean by this
>>
>>518212
They were caught in the middle of a railroad track.
>>
>>518126
On one hand, no adult background. On the other, increased Potential due to low age. Pick your poison.
>>518212
Started out blessed, even Favored by Destiny just like another being. Then they probably did something that went against the Heaven and got struck by Thunder. Sound logical to me.
>>
>>517647
Maybe I'll just give it a bit more time to sink in after a little break, a lot of this stuff is just info-dumps incomprehensibly filtered through chinese translations
>>
>game explains a fuckton of random stuff
>never tells you about how to recruit people
>>
So sending someone to camp a zone seems to
>get me an adventure event as soon as they arrive
>allows me to enter the zone to collect a metric ton of rare goods (spirit relic darksteel pickaxe, 200 stack of jade, 200 stack of earth qi rocks)
>allows me to build relationship with a metric ton of NPCs for recruitment possibilities
What's the drawback here? The risk of bumbling into a beast and getting hurt?
>>
>>518948
Also if the sect owning the place hasn't sold you access yet, they'll try to fuck you up. You can adventure without that though.
>>
Do Shendao cultivators get any use out of stuff like the Bell / Bracelet "makes the cultivator easier to talk to"?

>>518842
Randos wandering into your sect, Immortal Destiny recruitment fair event (once per year), agencies in cities (easily the best, since you can pick and choose, even sorting between stats.)

>>518948
>The risk of bumbling into a beast and getting hurt?
You can hide from most beasts, and they're never stronger than Core Shaping to my knowledge so a decent Golden Core with an artifact and a MP pool that isn't empty should never lose to one.

The downsides:
1. The amount of resources you can find lying on the ground during exploration is finite, so it's best for you if you camp multiple times and only pick up the high amount piles (200+ if that's what the amounts can go up to) as the amount in each pile is randomized each time you enter.
2. The adventure events only happen every 4 days on average or something after the first one, whereas with adventuring it's possible to adventure there and return in 0.3 days or less, even on the other side of the world map. So if there's nothing left to camp for and you want the adventures, do adventuring specifically unless your cultivator is so slow that they'd take multiple days to reach the place.
3. Everything else already mentioned.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AuIiJer21OTWGwldM03yXhic8I6mibOOgOg8t76ysU4/edit
>>
>build large cafeteria/common area
>end up having to balkanize it because taoists are apparently terrified of open spaces
>>
>>519359
Found out you can actually mass recruit plebs pretty easily through the social game. Annoy one sect elder to tell you what they like and suddenly everyone in the village will suck your dick if you tell them about it.
>>
>>519640
Randos rarely make for good recruitment fodder though. When you can look through 500 total potential recruits, sort them into a list by their stats and recruit up to 50 of them every few days, then you can get some really good ones. See:
>>517378
for an example of what the list looks like. There's 5 cities on the world map and each one has disciples that lean toward a particular stat type, so if you want disciples that lean toward Luck for example you can get 100 such choices once your sect is well established there.
>>
What stats affect adventure speed aside from adventure speed bonus?
>>
There is a glaring lack of murderhoboism in this cultivation simulator.
>>
>>519751
Training a Shendao cultivator requires you clear obsessions. One of the obsessions is killing. The easiest way to max this out is to go to some backwater village and murder all the innocent mortals with your guy and then clear the obsession.
>>
Can inner disciples still train social? I never really took enough notice to tell if yes.
>>
>use the skill level in recruitment mod
>can't tell who has good magic and crafting
>don't use the mod
>have to filter out unfitting qi sense levels manually

i wonder what sort of garbage coding makes just doing tooltips like everywhere else impossible
>>
>>520365
If there's an exp bar under the skill then it can be trained.
>>
Does skipping the Earth Yin skill give a huge debuff to golden core forming? I don't want my disciples to lose their pps.
>>
>>520559
Then how? inners don't go to the table and eat food, thus missing conversation.

>>520565
pp can be regenerated with an (expensive to cast) skill, a shit Golden Core is forever.
I always try to aim for only women with my Xiandao cultivators so that I don't have to worry about it.
>>
>>520565
you can also use reconstruction to grow them a second dick and they can just carry their first around in their pocket.
>>
File: 20210410192025_1.jpg (652 KB, 1920x1080)
652 KB
652 KB JPG
>>517378
Turns out I am capable of beating ancient cultivators without serious threat to my attack force now, the only problem is my dipshit other disiples want to get into a fight on the other side of the map and the ancient cultivator's "hit all enemies" skill obliterates them.
Good to know.
>>
>>520842
Also I remember I was told to... something when I kicked an AC's ass, I just don't remember what it is.
>>
File: 20210410193914_1.jpg (477 KB, 1920x1080)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
>>520842
>>520867
I think this was it.
>>
File: 20210410195939_1.jpg (445 KB, 1920x1080)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
>>520886
>Mod doesn't list how much they add
How good are they? Are they worth learning?
>>
What the fuck is it with this metric of measuring time in how long it takes to boil a kettle of tea?
>>
File: 20210410212747_1.jpg (693 KB, 1920x1080)
693 KB
693 KB JPG
Triple core breakthrough in one night: 462k, 484k, 528k
Not bad at all.
>>
File: 20210410211348_1.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>>521180
Also I can't think that one anon for the tip about a storage area for just relics, I'm 90% sure I'd have just sold this thing for 80 spirit stones to the trader without ever bothering to ID it, previously.
>>
File: 20210410213932_1.jpg (398 KB, 1920x1080)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>521180
>>521206
Triple tribulation too, because why the fuck not.
>>
File: 20210410223018_1.jpg (715 KB, 1920x1080)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
>>521254
Anyone got any methods for me to level up Social faster, no matter how extreme?
I've got a maxed out talisman of Civil Prosperity, I've rearranged my dining room so more people can sit down at the same time, and I've changed most of the workday to eating to increase the odds of them talking at the table more.
What else can I do?
>>
>qi shaping cultivator spends 24 hours beating down a core shaping demon rabbit with an iron spear
>doesn't get a single skill level in combat or defense qi
>doesn't get any experience
>just some blood and a hide
>have him help an evil sect kill some mortals
+5k experience
>>
File: file.png (3.96 MB, 1920x1080)
3.96 MB
3.96 MB PNG
tfw even god thinks you've done nothing with your life
>>
Should I just actively ignore secrets early on because of the massive reputation gains they cause?
>>
>>521443
I'm pretty sure that combat and defence can't actually level up, see how there's an N/A under the level for it where XP to next level should be?
You can however spend inspiration on more levels of protection and shit like that.

>>521504
Ignore the ones for artifacts, equip the best invisibility talismans you can, some of them are highly recommended that you do - for example you want to complete every flavour of "manifesting mandate" you possibly can do ASAP as each one gets you a new core law that comes with useful skills (including max Qi ones, so your future golden cores will be better)
The ones about lost ancient books are the second most useful, if your explorer has derivative calculation and the other with a similar description (forgot the name of it) then you have a 100% chance of finding the book before anybody else. It's RNG what you get, but you have a high chance of finding either a book on rare talismans, rare elixir types, or a bunch of places that will unlock themselves for you on the world map when you learn the book and may come with a special quest (so learn them all even if you already unlocked those places!)
The others are questionably worth it you atm, never bother living in the city as a mortal or interfering between a fight vs just and evil sects or shit like that, there's no tangible reward and they boost your reputation.

I do recommend you fulfil any 200 rep / 2 connection NPC sect requests you can btw, connection is needed to trade for the better items and it's a complete pain to get without doing this. Ignore 50 rep ones unless that would get you to a breakpoint or something.
>>
What items or whatever else increase Charisma at all? Other than Eternity pill / Bane pill / Fortune Dew.
Does the bracelet provide better buffs if it is made of better materials or upgraded to t12?
>>
>>521639
So wait, if qi defense and artifact mastery are based on your magic skill and can't be trained normally, what's the point of Combat skill?
>>
File: file.png (238 KB, 532x543)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
this is getting out of hand
>>
>>521972
As far as I'm aware, it's something extra your cultivators can just have that makes them stronger in melee combat, you just can't train it up from the initial.
If your Seven-Slaughter Sword candidate has 20 Combat to start with for example, that's a good thing.
>>
Is the dog going to kill my disciples if I do this?
>>
What's the fastest and most reliable way to get prism lotus or forming pills? And how do I get favor from other sects quickly?
>>
>>522468
It's a light bite to the arm that does 1.0% damage to the body part temporarily that gives a positive mood tot he disciple for a while.
At least as far as I know from observation, I've never looked carefully.
>>
>>522548
>What's the fastest and most reliable way to get prism lotus
1. Adventure at The Great Snowland until Lake Jadestone appears, adventure at the lake with a lucky Metal cultivator until you find the spirit root for Prism Lotus and pick one, regrows every 90 to 110 days after that and will be eaten by a wild animal if you don't pick it within a few days of it ripening after that. Subsequent visits can be done by any cultivator.
2. Five Dragon Pond in Mt. Sunshade, don't have to send a lucky cultivator to find it and don't have to worry about wild animals eating subsequent ones, but you require 1000 favour with Sunshade Abode to be allowed to take it.
3. Get lucky with finding them from visiting elves, shoot a firework at an elf and they drop 1 to 3 chests, open the chests with your luckiest cultivator and one of the possible drops is a Prism Lotus. Ancient Caskets from mining can drop them too.
4. Plant one and grow your own, this is a whole can of worms and a pain in the ass to do however.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3A-8UnyQda_Ffy1JYL7igG1CX8Jk-G5jnnjvDMPD74/edit
None are quick and easy.

>or forming pills?
Go to the Seven-Slaughter Sect and just buy them. It's recommended you set up a production line by buying Goldwood from the Mystic Unity Sect, turning it all into timber, making bows out of it on auto repeat at multiple crafting stations and dumping all the bows in a massive trading area outside the door of your sweatshop and using Goldwood bows as currency instead of Spirit stones.
>>
>>522548
>And how do I get favor from other sects quickly?
1. Every 15 days the sects will dole out tasks you can view with a button at the bottom of the world map screen. I recommended you do all the 200 favor / 2 connection ones if you're able to, even if at max favor already. From most worthwhile to do to least:
a. Lumina Core, you can find near infinite amounts of this by just sending a lucky Earth cultivator to repeat adventure at the Abyss in Mt. Pitfall (and you should) so you'll have hundreds of this and can build all your metal structures out of Lumina Bars for better bonuses.
b. Morrow Pills, pretty easy to get from the Torch Dragon's coins or by trading or crafting.
c. Holy Stone, similar to Lumina Core except it's in a few places and not a guaranteed drop, so you'll have a lot less of it, but you don't need a specific element cultivator (I could be wrong about the last bit.)
d. Any of the spirit roots, only do if you have one you're not using for anything or need the favor / connection.
2. Give the sect leader their favourite gifts for 100 / 1 per time. Once they run out of favourite gifts you'll have to go find them on the world map and assassinate them for a new sect leader who has new favourites. Keep in mind they're going to have something like 4 million Qi and obliterate you if you don't bring a sufficiently badass enough party.
>>
How does transcribing work? It's just a massive one-time inspiration boost for all the laws/recipes/etc you learn?
>>
>>522691
Yeah, and then disciples of any pathway can learn skills and miracles from any transcribed laws, so you're not stuck raising one specific cultivator for a specific commonly needed miracle.
You cannot study and learn second tier skills though, so if in a pathway you see a skill with 2 or 3 levels to it, you will have to be that pathway to get access to the second or third level of it and that's where some really powerful skills and abilities are.

Also, while the inspiration gains from it seem nice now, when you have properly running agencies they will be generating you .5 to 1m inspiration per day. It's enough for the early game though.
>>
>recruiting specific seeds for super-cultivators
>not realizing the charm of cultivation is using exorbitant amounts of resources to overturn fate and turn someone weak into a god
ngmi junior
>>
>>523003
I'll happily take in all the geniuses you reject. Then I'll give them the same amount of resources and turn them into literal unstoppable gods that shits all over yours.
>>
>>523003
>it's not about how you were born
>it's about how many drugs you take
inspiring...
>>
>>523023
And who stops the geniuses when they turn on you? The essence of a cultivation story is someone personally seizing supreme power for themselves, against the will of heaven, rather than handing it off to some chosen one.
>>
>>523060
That would just be the natural order of things, then the cycle begins anew!
>>
>>523052
Birth usually ends up being a pretty big factor too.
>>
What's the point in rebirthing? Does it increase your potential? Given how much I've played at this point and that I've beaten the game once, I feel like this is really something I probably should already know.
>>
>>523126
Two things:
1. For making sub-spirit sets involving tier 2 or 3 skills from multiple pathways.
2. For remaking cultivators you originally fucked up.
If there's anything else, I don't know it. Then again there's a lot I don't know yet.
>>
>>522878
So regular cultivation is less about staying on one path than it is finding as many laws as possible to add to your bottomless bag of tricks/gain more passive stat boosts, and then body cultivation is a different system entirely?
>>
>>523172
There's also Shendao cultivation, which is building a divine realm in your body and being powered by faith.

Still though there is some general differences, like a cultivator from one pathway is just gonna be better at some skills than another. That's before you consider that some of the level 2 and 3 skills offer very powerful effects, for example that's where all of the "lets you control one extra artifact" skills are.
>>
>>521972
It handles evasion rate (only active when qi barrier is empty) and maybe accuracy rate, too. Combat is much more important on body cults, since they don't have qi barriers and instead meat-truck and regen their way through battles.
>>
File: 20210411160110_1.jpg (598 KB, 1920x1080)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
>>521428
Time for my first Shendao in the works, only want to ascend this one to help my *real* Shendao later, though.
>>
File: 20210411162000_1.jpg (464 KB, 1920x1080)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
>>523367
>4 Primordial Spirit beasts show up
>Fight lasts literally 5 ingame seconds as I nuke them with a dozen AOE spells
Thank fuck the annoying times of lengthy and deadly battles every 20 min are over for me, at least for now.
>>
>>523523
NEW

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.