[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What are some strategy games that never got released? Are there any you thought were really promising? Mods are also allowed.
>>
That one where you played as a demon lord or cosmic horror but you had to grow your cult before you could attack a living world openly.
>>
>>433915
I think I know the game you're talking about. Iirc it turned out to be scam and every screenshot was just made up.
>>
All Under Heaven for Medieval 2 as well as Great War 1918 for Company of Heroes
>>
>>433925
TGW got released though, it's good enough, just only with two factions.
>>
>>433910
I through Human Resources had a nice concept, no surprise it failed to meet the Kickstarter goal though
>>
>>433910
Good Ogame clone
>>
They will stay beyond reach after all
>>
File: 2306283-eon_box.jpg (33 KB, 358x500)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>433910
mmorts's were always doomed
>>
>>434271
Oh shit I forgot
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>433915
>>433922
That Which Sleeps
Not only images were fake, promo vids were hand made animations as mock ups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j8MoAKqvJM
>>
>>433910
EvW
>>
>>434341
RIP
>>
>>434334
looks good
where i can donate money?
>>
>>434334
>>433922
Shame. I like the idea.
>>
Some RTT about 2003 Iraq invasion being made in mid-late 2000s.
>>
>>433910
Magna Mundi. Which I don't really miss by itself, but it would be definitely different place if it got released.
Also, because of MM clusterfuck, MEIOU was never done as a stand-alone, which is also a shame.
So either way, one of those being done would be interesting. I used to consider the East vs. West cancellation to be a disaster, but the devs behind that scrapped together what they've could and made Terminal Conflict, which is East vs. West as an in-depth strategy game, so it's something.
>>
>>434616
Also, technically speaking, Original War. Not the game that was released, but the game it was intended to be, but got cut short due to Virgin going bankrupt and taking down all the devs with itself.
>>
X-Com alliance was an Xcom where you took the viewpoint from a rookie in the strategic layer.
Dreamland Chronicles which was the spiritual successor that was supposed to play like Valkyria chronicles

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.