[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 77 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: humankind.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
How you think this game's gonna turn out?
>>
pretty good but not great, like EL
>>
>>433350
>Humynkind
chuds BTFO, the age of the white man is over
>>
>>433350
I watched a preview stream of it, it looked breddy gud but also unbalanced as fuck, but patches can fix that I guess.
>>
>>433350
like my poop after a bad curry
>>
>>433350
>Humлncind
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>433350
pretty gud
>>
Should have made Endless Legend 2 instead
>>
>>433427
>Humлncindtm
wtf I can't even pronounce this
>>
>>433508
homunculus
>>
>>433350
Alternatively, will it be better or worse than Civ VI?
>>
Amplitude has only made mediocre games, so I'm not expecting much.
>>
>>433517
Probably better. I enjoy the core gameplay loop more than civ 6's just going by the demo from a couple months ago.
>>
>>433350
looks like a watered down civ clone

hard pass for me
catch me outside with this cuck shit too
>>
>>433350
Crash and burn
>>
>>433350
Why do all video games make trees too short or tall?
>>
>>433350
I like Amplitude's games, but dislike that they were acquired by Sega. I see it like this though: the last Civ game where you could play as a politically-incorrect despicable bastard, was IV, where you could be Stalin or Mao. Amplitude have set Humankind up to attract exactly those of us who want to be Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Pinochett, Franco, Pol Pot and Bill Clinton. What did they do? Handed out perma-bans for spicy comments on Steam and elsewhere, including people defending their ad.

Like Spore, 90% of the playerbase of Humankind are going to want to play as dicks and Amplitude are going to fuck themselves over with censorship.
>>
>>433579
Okay fine I'll bite this hook.

Even if a game that allows one to roleplay as a massive piece of shit doesn't mean they should welcome human garbage whose power fantasy is to be a massive piece of shit into the community. Do you recognize the difference? I think you do.
>>
Im a fanboy of amplitude so it will probably be great for me

>it works on my brain
>>
>>433350
It has a potential to dethrone Civ 6 as the worst Civ game made. Forget the "muh politics" bait-posting (congrats, /pol/tards, for giving this shit free marketing). The actual problem is this is a game by Amplitude. Their main thing is settings, not actual strategies or game mechanics, not to mention any sort of game balance. Them doing what's basically a Civ clone, and without any sort of lore to throw at the game or wacky visuals to make it interesting means Humanity is still guaranteed to suffer from their subpar gameplay, while not having a single redeeming factor in form of Endless lore for factions.
>>
>>433749
came here to say this
>>
>>433740
>anyone who doesn’t think like me is a massive piece of shit and should be silenced.
Haha, wow. And you don’t wanna play as a crazy dictator?
>>
>>433355
Take your meds schitzo
>>
>>433350
Kinda looks cool
>>
>>433350
I don't like how they're not doing another Endless game, I'm less interested in a "realistic" setting. Get Civilization vibes.
>>
It'll turn out good whether or not /vst/ tourists like brown people and women
>>
>>433879
how original. Maybe take a shower for once and you could reply like a human and not a bot.
>>
>>433579
>I like Amplitude's games, but dislike that they were acquired by Sega.

I agree with everything you said but is being owned by Sega really relevant?

Pretty sure they'd end up SJW freaks regardless of who owned them or if they stayed independent. They're a western european game dev (French if I'm not mistaken). I can't name a single western EU game developer that isn't cucked as fuck. They're doomed from the beginning.
>>
>>433579
Imagine being so much of an autistic culture war faggot you base your opinions on games on Steam forum drama

EGS is shit, but maybe getting rid of forums was a good thing so you guys cant stop being autistic
>>
>>433350
I can't wait to use this "game" to scientifically prove that if niggers only had access to more animals that could be domesticated, they could have made Wakanda.
>>
>>433350
Feels like they are in trouble desu
>>
>>433427
>HUMΛNくIND
>>
>>433350
pretty good, I don't get how many people are triggered over it supposedly being SJW when Amplitude have shown themselves to be pretty cool
I mean, their previous games have no issue mentioning or joking about genocide in EL and ES, fat titties and most things western kinds of devs shy away from
as for the game, I suspect it will have issues at launch like every game they put out, probably best to wait for launch and see for yourself
however, for their presentation, aesthetic and soundtrack I imagine they'll keep the same gold standard like previously
>>
I get the vibe like it's gonna be bad, turning their back on the Legend setting for something pozzed doesn't seem like a good idea. You can't do a realistic setting in 2021 without it either being globohomo propaganda or getting cancelled.
>>
>>434072
>Legend
I mean Endless
>>
>>434072
I still have hope for the gameplay at least, I like the idea of the civilizations being more dynamic instead of just picking romans, greeks or americans and having only a single unique unit and building for a specific era and some bonus, though it will probably be far worse for the balance.
>>
>>433350
its gonna be good but obviously not a "civ killer"
>>
>>434072
>Here, I'm proving the point how effective their marketing campaign was
Amazing. Truly fucking amazing it was so easy to bait people.
>>
>>434066
Shame that it will always suffer from their terrible gameplay, so... yeah.
This is a company that should be doing RPGs. For whatever reason, they insist on making 4X, which they can't fucking deliver with actual, solid gameplay attatched.
>>
>>433877
Why do poltards imply they're strong but always portray themselves as victims? Their MO is eerily similar to BLM niggers and pride parade trannies
>>
>>434249
hey trannies and blm niggers seem to be getting everything they want, so if it works...
>>
>>433350
Boring shit filled with literal we wuz
>>
>>434239
>make a bland game to the disappoint of your fans who enjoy your tropes across multiple different settings
>"it'll be great though because we'll bait people into disappointment with our lack of creativity"
meds, now.
>>
File: 20210223_090744.jpg (3.24 MB, 4032x3024)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
>>433879
Already took em, 300 mg directly into ass
U mad?
>>
>>433929

"The white man is over" ah yes, peak originality.
>>
>>434339
Sorry nazi, Womynkynd is here, that means your time is over, diversity (without you) is going to triumph and that means peace will reign on earth forever
>>
>>433350
Pretty but painfully mediocre. Classic Amplitude.
>>
>>433350
The culture shift or whatever they are calling it just seems made to be exploited. If I didn't want extreme cheese in their prior games I'd just not use custom nations. Good luck finding a MP game that isn't just a cheese arms-race
>>
I See Amplitube
I Click
I Buy
>>
>>433350
not well
their marketing has already distanced themselves from it
>>
File: miss.gif (273 KB, 400x400)
273 KB
273 KB GIF
>>434332
>>
>>434483
Braindead negro
>>
>>433350
It's from Amplitude, so what else you expect that mediocre base game without any sort of thought put into core mechanics and unplayable release state, followerd by 1d4+1 DLCs in half-year intervals full of gimmicks and power creep?
Also, reading through this thread reminded me how thin-skinned and easy to troll /pol/ is. The fact they can't even see how they've been played makes it all that better.
>>
>>433427
>>433508

Its on cyrilic

нцмлиcтид
>>
>amplitube game thread
>its instantly filled with schizo posting and people who says its shit but they still play it

yall typical french
>>
The fluff is the only good part of amp games. Will probably have good music tho.
>>
>>433350
Looks like pozzed garbage I'll pass.
>>
>>433969
>Imagine being so much of an autistic culture war faggot you base your opinions on games on Steam forum drama
Imagine that steam forum drama would have exposed them as literal nazis, still don't care?
>>
>>434072
>>434701
>pozzed
Can someone explain me the definition of this buzzword. It's one of those that seems to have no actual meaning, akin to English articles
>>
>>434766
>still don't care?
Nta, but no, I don't.
>>
>>434600
>t. schizo, posting
>>
>>433579
Catherine de Medeci, Victoria and Genghis Khan all oversaw genocides and are still playable in Civ. Mao and Stalin (and communism in general) just cause Americlaps to lose their shit, and Firaxis would rather spare themselves the controversy.
>>
>>434767
To become intentionally infected with aids.
>>
>>434767
Hiv positive. Pozzitive pozzed.
>>
>>434788
>>434793
>2021
>HIV
90s called, they want you back
>>
>>433350
Why did they have to add Hex sized wonders? They don't scale well at all with the size of regular buildings, did they do this just because Civ 6 did it?
>>
When the fuck are the modern civ reveals coming?
>>
>>434908
>The entire output of the studio is being derivative of other games
>Still confused when they take something from other games
People, you are beyond help
>>
>>433350
Their gimmick is that you change culture once per age. That's not really enough to set it out from the crowd. Their marketing campaign consists of virtue signaling and revealing their cultures. Like wow it's literally nothing, it doesn't inspire much confidence. Hard pass.
>>
File: 1506050719391.png (94 KB, 306x243)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>435049
>game has various terrain height levels, not just "this tile is a hell" type shit
>this system ties directly into strategic city/fort placement and the tactical battle system
>oh yeah it also has a tactical battle system
>game has a dynamic ideology mechanic
>but anon fixates only on how he's underwhelmed by a single feature and that he doesn't like the game's marketing
u r big dumb
>>
File: 1569656541159.png (517 KB, 720x724)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
>>435058
Not him but fuck, really? Any vids that go over it?
>>
>>435049
>Their marketing campaign consists of virtue signaling and revealing their cultures
I'd say they have brilliant marketing. Why? Because we are talking about this game at all, despite it being a sub-par Civ clone, simply because they've successfully baited people with their advertising.
Remember: the purpose of marketing is rise awarness of the product and create buzz about it. Given their budget and what they are selling, it's a massive marketing success, given how by now they've run out of campaign funds, but people still discuss it.
And all of this, because they've put a blue-haired black girl in their adds. That's the 1984-tier marketing for Apple back in the day in terms of how absurdly simple and cheap, yet effective it is.
>>
>>435058
How is that any different from their previous games?
>>
>>435058
>>game has various terrain height levels, not just "this tile is a hell" type shit
SMAC had that 21 years ago, sup, newfag
>this system ties directly into strategic city/fort placement and the tactical battle system
Literally a thing since Civ 1
>oh yeah it also has a tactical battle system
If it's going to be the reskin of EL combat, HARD pass
So... like all Civs since Civ 4, 16 years ago? Not to mention the fuckload of mods for that?

You were saying something about being big dumb? It's an Amplitude game, so it's by default a repack of mechanics done by someone else into a "pretty" graphic set. There is nothing unique about it, while >>435072 is correct: the whole "hurr durr" aspect of the game is carefully crafted just to create extra buzz around what amounts to be a shitty Civ heartbreaker, just like ES is shitty MoO heartbreaker and EL was a VERY poorly done AoW3 clone (reminder they've changed their goals and mechanics half-way through development when they've saw AoW3 presentations)
It's a hatchet job by a hatchet company, nothing new under the sun. Except this time they've pulled successful marketing, so there is an illusion of being "next big thing".
>>
>>435068
I don't know any videos that cover it, but I'll tell you what I could gather from when I played the demo a couple of months ago.
There's a bunch of ideological tenants (there's like 25 of them or something) that each empire has that unlock once certain conditions are met. You get to make a choice in an event that determines how radical you are in that certain tenant as well as in-game actions. It becomes part of your cultural identity, and the similarities or differences between 2 different cultures effect relations with that empire. With the cultural influence mechanic, an empire with a "stronger" culture can influence yours, and force you to either adopt a certain tenant or suffer some unhappiness. I think the strength of a culture is somehow determined by the amount of population, but I'm not entirely sure.
>>
>>435072
Wrong, we're talking about it because someone made a thread on it, which is guaranteed hits on a board like this. And the purpose of marketing is to sell games. Posters remarking how featureless and empty marketing makes them believe the game is going to be shit contributes almost nothing to sales. Raise awareness? What kind of idiot will think that is an aim in itself?
>>
>>435079
I think your analysis of these game features is extremely disingenuous. The nature of these features is obviously different from previous games, and the terrain example specifically, offers greater depth than any civ game or civ-styled game i've ever seen in the past decade. The combat specifically has an entirely different feel from EL despite its mechanical similarities. I recommend watching a video about it.
>>
>>435090
Negative publicity is still publicity, Anon. That's a saying for a reason.
>>
>>435090
>2021
>Anon doesn't understand negative publicity
>While posting on 4chan
>And potentially being younger than the internet, or at least not remembering times before net
Nigga, how is this even possible? How the fuck one can be this inept in grasping 101s of modern marketing?
>>
>>435095
>The nature of these features is obviously different from previous games
You're kidding me, or yourself now?
Because in this bit
>than any civ game or civ-styled game i've ever seen in the past decade
You essentially said "I don't play 4X at all, this will be my first"
I recommend realising the kind of well and hard-earned reputation this studio has. And looking closely at the presented mechanics, rather than focusing on surface-level gimmic aspect of them.
Because either you are genuinely too stupid to know better, or are arguing deliberately with bad faith here. Either way, don't.
>>
>>435090
Consider this:
I'm only aware this game exists because of the "negative feed". I had to spend my time on my own to find what the game is, why people are so triggered and even find premiere date in the process. Without that negative buzz, I woudn't even know that game exists, as I'm not following releases by default and grand majority of players don't do that. Instead, clickbait gets you attention and gets you interest. Why do I even need to explain something this basic? Or you are one of those types still in denial that /v/ sperg-out is the very reason why an internet nobody became a household name and an UN spokeperson?
>>
>>435103
lol. Imagine being a real person and actually doing this? Man, you shills are getting pretty desperate. You do realize when people see the same thing on the top of catalog they just assume it's a lot of shitposting, right? Your meaningless platitudes hold no water with actual people who don't work in the industry.
>>
>>435099
Marketing doesn't work so well on smart people. But it works very well on dumb people. Dumb people will check out shit like Steam reviews, see one million "OMG! I JIZZED MY PANTS PLAYING IT!" reviews and forget anything bad they heard about it.
So basically any publicity, good or bad, which puts the game title inside their heads, leads them to shill overload review sites, like Steam, is good.
>>
>>435103
>/v/ sperg-out is the very reason why an internet nobody became a household name and an UN spokeperson?
What? Who?
tt. I live under a rock
>>
>>435112
>Marketing doesn't work so well on smart people.
Nobody is immune to propaganda, Anon.
>>
>>435121
okay schizo
>>
>>435114
Anita
>>
>>434548
Yes anon, people who don't play strategy games and therefore don't know who Amplitude is will buy this game because Amplitude fans are disappointed on strategy game a discussion boards. Genius marketing, kek. What a cope.
>>
>>435106
The fuck you are even on? If you didn't notice (which you clearly didn't), I'm taking a dump on this game.

>>435112
Marketing isn't designed to appeal to "smart" people. It's designed to get buzz going and make idiots consume your product without asking any questions. Bonus points if your marketing will make them feel good about themselves.
Why do I need to keep explaining bare-bone basics like it's some sort of arcane knowledge?

>>435157
Nta, but how hard is to grasp his very blatant "Congrats on taking a stupid bait marketing with blue-hired black chick and having a meltdown about it" mockery of your non-existing intellect?
>>
>>435112
Here, in idiot-friendly terms:
>Company makes an ad
>Some people see the ad
>They start talking about the ad
>People now actively seek to see the ad
>They keep discussing the ad
>More people get familiar with the ad, and do so on their own
>Product becomes well-knowns
And before you go on "b-but the marketing is bad": says you. The actual target of the ad will still buy the game, what your buzz is doing is making sure more people become aware of this game existing at all. Spergs who will sperg about the ad were never a target, but they are actively creating a counter-reactions of OTHER spergs, who gonna buy the game solely to spite the first group or because they find it woke or whatever. It's a win-win.
And you can't even wrap your head around something this simple, you "smart" person
>>
>>435187
Well, to take a recent example, they tried to shut down leaks of TLOU2 because of all the negative publicity and it clearly depressed sales, not increased it, despite the stratospheric amounts of publicity. Just because lazy advertising execs like to say something doesn't make it true.

>>435193
It's not like we can do anything about the shills, they'll happily keep on page 1 their thread with their shilling-optimized OP image for months. All we can do is sage, hit bump limit and give our honest impressions, that it looks like a bland piece of shit with nothing going for it.
>>
>>433931
>CA
>Relic
>Amplitude
When Sega acquired each of these in whole(full control of CA started just as Empire went into development), that's round about the point they stopped caring about their own fans. CA's Mike Simpson even started off his miserable blog-post explaining the state of Empire by declaring that "In many ways, Sega are our most important customer" as the reason why Empire was released before it was ready. Sega refused to budge from the February 2009 release. Relic got acquired after THQ collapsed, and that's when DoW2: Retribution had six different pre-order packs, one for each race. Relic would kill the franchise for good with DoW3. Amplitude had put out mediocre and outsourced DLC for ES1 and EL before, but it's only after the Sega acquisition that EL2 actually allows for the outsourced DLC to break the whole balance of the game.

Sega is where strategy developers go to get hollowed-out.
>>
>>433740
More than you it seems, or Amplitude: they were banning people *defending* their ad, for nonsense like 'hate speech', quoting nothing more than comments describing the ad itself.
>>
>>435225
>not a new ip
stop trying to stir the pot dumbfuck
>>
>>435228
No u
>>
>>435187
>>looks lame
>haha I was planning on looking lame for marketing
Meds, cope, dilate.
>>
>>434811
>gays really think hiv is cured
>>
>>435298
fun fact the #1 demographic affected by AIDS now is black women
>>
>>435314
https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/statistics.html
> In 2018, gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with mena accounted for 69% of all new HIV diagnoses in the United States and 6 dependent areas.b,c In the same year, heterosexuals made up 24% of all HIV diagnoses.

For your own personal knowledge, that’s not remotely true. You should use rubbers when cruising at your local truck stop :(
>>
Why do I feel like /vst/ will be a shittier board because of this game....
>>
>>435357
This took me 2 minutes to find on Google, Incel.
Lmao
>>
>>435363
>among women
>ie not including faggots
>>
It would be perfect if they fixed the cultural evolution mechanic. You should only be able to evolve into a culture that's related in some way to your current culture, and there should be more cultures so that every culture has a tree of choices.

Being able to swap from Mesopotamian to Mesoamerican is dumb.
>>
>>435363
learn to read retard
>>
>>433350
Barebones, then fleshed out after a couple of dlcs
Like any other 4x nowadays
>>
>>434335
Prescription or black market? Or FTM tranny?
>>
>>435058
Funny how this is the standard response every time it's pointed out Humankind's gimmick is lame and the game brings nothing new to the table. Apparently Humankind shills have never played an Amplitude game before.
>>
>>435387
That would be better but too much effort for devs
>>
>>433740
Hello Amplitude wagie sir.
>>
>>435298
>HIV is gay disease
Nigga, seriously, 90s ended 20 years ago
>>
>>435203
Well, then this thread is doing a shit job at hitting the bump limit and saging, while the shilling and idiotic arguments continue.
What's even the bump limit on /vst/? 500?
>>
>>435058
So... just like Endless Space, Endless Legend and Endless Space 2?
And that's just the games by the same studio, without mentioning a single title from other devs
>>
>>435361
Because like so many people pointed out, the game is deliberately marketed in a way to trigger both the SJW and /pol/tard crowds. The sales are going to be done still predominately by that small group that buys 4X games, but the marketing actively seeks to create a shitstorm, in some deluded idea that if there is no such thing as bad publicity, then raging shitstorm is great. And we will get the blunt of that shitstorm, since this is 4chan and a board specific to strategies. Thus rather than /v/ going shittier, we will be the dumping ground for about a month or two after the game premieres.
Brace yourself already for the double penetration, I guess
>>
>>433579
>Like Spore, 90% of the playerbase of Humankind are going to want to play as dicks
I'm not aware of the spore controversy. qrd?
>>
>>435682
lol
>>
>>435682
>controversy
Its the natural spirit of man
>>
I See Amplitube I Buy I Enjoy
>>
Should I get this game?
>discovered the Civilization series with V
>greatly enjoyed it and played for a shitton of time
>bought VI
>it fails to grow on me and it quickly becomes annoying because of the braindead AI and how small the maps feel regardless of the size
>switch to paradox games
>want to go back to civ-like games but I hate VI and the older entries feel too outdated
>>
>>434783
>Catherine de Medeci
never understood this.
She was literally female Hitler with Protestants instead of Jews and not even French (just like Hitler who was not even German).
>>
>>433350
Just like Endless.
Completely mediocre.
Prepare for bullshit, if that Ponyfucker is still on board.
>>
>>433931
>I can't name a single western EU game developer that isn't cucked as fuck

Warhorse
>>
>>435470
Culture changes each era is sick as fuck though
>>
>>436049
>discovered the Civilization series with V
>want to go back to civ-like games but the older entries feel too outdated
You're going to have a fantastic experience then
>>
>>436070
They are double cucked, for that retarded "look how based we are for not having minorities". You are making a historical game set in 1410 Bohemia. Of course you are not going to have minorities, so why the fuck you brag about it, Daniel?! Other than trying to do reverse shit than Amplitude is doing with Humankind, where they are trying to trigger the other side of the horseshoe of "people easy to trigger for extra clickbait"
>>
>>435224
Daily reminder that the point of being in game dev, especially as a studio, is to make money. Pretending otherwise is dishonest. You realise nobody forced any of those studios to became subsidiaries... right? They weren't held at a gunpoint to sell their control package. They did so willingly, to make money. Them then playing a victim of this somehow being fault of the publisher they are "forced" to deliver games is just flat-out dishonest, playing a victim, while being a perpetrator
>>
>>435682
It ain't a controversy, it's simply in human nature to draw dicks on things. And when given a tool to create whatever creature you want, most people made huge dicks, people with huge dicks, aliens with huge dicks, dicks with huge dicks ect. This became doubly funny when these creations were uploaded to the cloud and subsequently populated a lot of unsuspecting peoples galaxies.
>>
>>436058
Because they were Protestants, not Jews. It’s all who/whom, goy.
>>
>>435667
Cf:

>>435357
https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/statistics.html
> In 2018, gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with mena accounted for 69% of all new HIV diagnoses in the United States and 6 dependent areas.b,c In the same year, heterosexuals made up 24% of all HIV diagnoses.

Whoever is memeing you pillowbiters with this nonsense is not doing you any favors.
>>
>>436158
They didn't make having no black people a point. Sjw games journalism did. They just didn't back down.
>>
>>436058
>>436365
It's not so deep. Ed Beach, the lead designer of Civilization VI, made two excellent board games set during the European wars of religion and this is just a reference to that.
>>
>>436376
It's reverse. Varva started to brag about it and it was... pretty much everyone, including his own studio, asking if he's fucking retarded, or just starved for attention. He eventually shut up once he realied this is causing a negative reaction from people that were supporting his game so far, since they felt like treated like morons by his.
>>
>>436405
It’s a little ridiculous that it’s controversial to depict medieval Bohemia without having Tyrone Biggins holding his crossbow sideways and grabbing his dick.
>>
>>436172
>Internet atheist/gentlemen/objectivist reveals his incredible insight that companies exist to make money
>>
>>435058

Implying it will be anything than "CAPITALISM GIVES 20% TRADE BONUS".
>>
>>436623
It does much more than civ 4 did already.
>>
>>434783
Only one of those is politically relevant in [Current Year] and that's Victoria, because in case you noticed; Britain is currently having a mini-culture war about the glories and disgraces of our empire. No one cares about Catholic persecution, so we can still have Elizabeth. But because of the Bengali famine we won't see Churchill in future. Because of the opium wars, looting of India and Irish potato famine, we won't see Victoria again; she's only in VI now because she was already. Agreed that Firaxis try to avoid controversy, but there's no point: anyone already in their games could be post-humorously cancelled any time.
>>
>>436665
>No one cares about Catholic persecution

Clearly you do not have Huguenot family, de Medici is loathed and reviled to this day.
>>
>>433579
since no one else pointed it out: i appreciate the clinton joke, anon, gave me a good sensible chuckle.
>>
>>436615
Apparently it's something you morons keep missing, always fawning about "muh artistic value" and "muh pet project", and then bitching hard about corporates trumping those poor artistic souls.
It's fucking boring.
>>
>>436669
He was talking about England, anon. Nobody there gives a single fuck about treating Catholics like cattle, because for past 400+ years, the most definitive things about English and then British culture was "hahaha, check out, papists!"
>>
>>436623
but that's accurate
>>
>>437108
>The first black voter was in 1780s
>He's historically important for writing about the Gordon riots, one of the largest protests in British history over extending the right to vote to Catholics
I love history.
>>
>>435049
>Their gimmick is that you change culture once per age.
Call me a fucking autist but I am more mad about this than the fucking virtue signalling
>Could've taken notes from Caveman2Cosmos's version of Culture
>Could've taken notes from Rhyse's way of handling inaccuracy and culture
>Nope gotta create an absolutely schizophrenic system where Mali can become Britain
The fuck is this shit?
Representation my fucking ass. Imagine wanting to play as all the eras of Ethiopia or any other African nation, but you get cucked into only playing one and then being forced to evolve into some completely other fucking different culture. Gee that sure is progressive despite the fact it's showing minority culture being replaced by majority culture. Wow, truly fucking progressive, not oppressive in the fucking slightest.

>>433355
Fuck off retard
>>
So is this basically a CIV knock-off?
>>
>>445210
>he's mad because his racist ass doesn't want to entertain the idea that african civilizations can become european civilizations in a video game
>he's mad that african civilizations are in there at all
imagine hating fun this much
You are exactly the type of person who the trailer targeted to piss off. All they had to do was put a black person in it.
>>
>>437107
Well I've yet to see the 'companies make ze money' drones flesh-out how exactly it's even relevant. The theory is that companies putting out quality products should do better than companies that don't: so responding to lapses in quality with 'companies exist to make money' sound either anti-capitalist, or the morons spouting it are confused.
>>
>>433740
You have to go back
>>
>>445379
Dunno, devs are trying to appeal dumb niggers that never had the intellect to play strategy games
>>
File: KNEEL.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1080)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>433350
it'll probably be pretty good
maybe after it's released the poltards will find something else to be angry about and we'll be able to have threads about it without their constant sperging, we'll see
>>
>>445532
I can already feel the perfect shitstorm that will be on /int/
>>
>>445532
i don't see black representation in that image. and no gay couples, really?

cancelled
>>
>>445400
>he's mad because his racist ass doesn't want to entertain the idea that african civilizations can become european civilizations in a video game
What you just described is literal fucking colonialisation. Imagine starting off as Mali and losing your culture and becoming a European one. It's fucking illogical and kinda fucking racist. Let's not even talk about the inverse, starting off as European and then becoming Japanese, I can only see fucking weebs enjoying something like this.
>he's mad that african civilizations are in there at all
I am North African you tard. And I'd be fuming if I got a Berber civ and my only option is to become fucking French. Considering my Ethnogroup's history, that's literal fucking colonization.
>imagine hating fun this much
You have to fucking hate fun if you don't wanna play as a futuristic Ethiopia that keeps it's culture instead of being assimilated and turned into a European one. Fuck you. The draw of Civ is to play as dead Civilizations and pretending they can become futuristic superpowers through your sheer skills. You're removing that fucking feature and you're killing fun for both minorities and normal players in the name of "inclusivity" (which ironically it's inclusive at al)

I am also suspecting you're baiting, because there's no fucking way someone like you could be retarded enough to defend a system that is basically a flowerier version of colonization
>>
>>436049
>want to go back to civ-like games but I hate VI and the older entries feel too outdated
Play Civ 4 with mods or Civ V with mods.
>>
>>445591
>it's inclusive at all
*isn't
Typed too fast.
>>
>>436304
>This became doubly funny when these creations were uploaded to the cloud and subsequently populated a lot of unsuspecting peoples galaxies.
It was their own fault for having an achievement for getting something you uploaded banned
https://spore.fandom.com/wiki/Bad_Baby!
>>
>>433579
>>433740
What's wrong with playing as Stalin? Do lefties hate him now all of a sudden?
>Bill Clinton
Hahaha what?
>>
>>435363
>among women
Stupid fag
>>
>>433350
Poorly.
>>
>>445807
Like not having that achievement would have made any difference.

Despite Amplitude becoming increasingly weird, I will probably will pick up Humankind when there's a 50% reduction in a Steam sale, and I will play as Bill 'The Thrill' Clinton.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.