[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 25 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Amazing Cultivation Simulator thread, anybody want to discuss it?

I just started playing recently, barely done the tutorials and fumbling my way through a default setting classic game, tips very welcome.
>>
whenever we get shilled for chink shovel ware, I’m reminded of just how many there in this world. The government says 1.3 b but I think it’s closer to 2.2 b, all slowly filling up the American internet trying to sell their garbage.
>>
>>427454
There were very long threads for it after release, dont know what happned

>>427616
Dilate
>>
>>427635
>There were very long threads for it after release, dont know what happned
Yeah, I was hanging around one a month ago but because I hadn't actually played the game yet I couldn't really participate or understand what was going on.
>>
>>427635
>There were very long threads for it after release, dont know what happned
Yeah it’s a real mystery
>>
shill this game to me, anons. Why would I play it?
t. resident /pol/fag
>>
>>427727
I guess if you're super into Chinese mythology/esoterism
>t. haven't played and vaguely familiar with concepts from Age of Wushu
>>
File: 20210219200339_1.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1080)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
Tutorials taught me a lot of basic stuff, but not how to put out fires.

>>427727
Do you like reading cultivation novels? Ever wanted to try turning your hand to making a sect of the sort that typically appear in them? If yes then this game is probably for you.
It is insanely deep / complex from what I've seen so far though, if you have ADHD and get bored real easily then it's probably not for you.
>>
You think you buy numbah go up Rimworld clone? FUCK YOU! Enjoy spyware and Bitcoin miner, I fool you! Ha Ha Ha!
>>
cute feet
>>
>>427742
>>427752
these
>>
Any experienced players around? What should be your main goals after you first establish your sect?
>>
>>427454
>tips very welcome.
Drugs are good, take all the drugs.
>>
>>428525
Getting all the agency locations up and running (unless you're on Immortal with certain titles)
Your First Golden Core cultivator, then cultivate them to Primordial Spirit for the weather miracles and stat remolds
Second Generation cultivators, with stat remolds, T12 refined elixirs and breakthrough weather, reaching T1 GC
Those 3 would be the basic milestones to avoid getting wrecked by random events.
>>
>>429026
I understood some of those words, but it's perhaps a bit beyond where I'm at atm. I'm not sure what you mean by all the agency locations?
For short term goals though, should I be concentrating on getting more disciples? Expanding my sect with specific rooms? Etc. I'm kind of in a lull with so many directions I can take things that I've no idea which ones are important.
>>
>>429045
By agency locations I meant those places where you can assign someone. Those places will be useful in generating materials and later as a source of inspiration for your cultivators.
More disciples are always a good idea, just as long as you can house and feed them. If you don't know what else you should be doing, try doing everything, you might reach enlightenment that way.
>>
>>429062
Don't they take an inner disciple or at least a disciple each for those places? Also do you mean literally everywhere I have access to like the nearby mountains and villages + distant cities, or just some of those?
>>
>>429071
You need an outer disciple for the abbot position. The agency locations are either those with the flag or building icon, like Mt.South or City of Abundance.
>>
>>429084
Yeah I really need more people, I've only 4 in total - 1 inner 3 outer.
>>
File: 20210220162102_1.jpg (626 KB, 1920x1080)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
>>429084
>>429091
Trying to build this new talisman crafting room (since I don't know what else to build) and the local tiger just took exception to it. Fucking hell.
>>
File: 20210220184100_1.jpg (556 KB, 1920x1080)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>429084
>>429166
...I'm going to need a better way to deal with the heat. I've already equipped a heat resistance talisman, but it doesn't seem to be enough. What can I do other than break the feng shui of the room?
>>
>>429496
Better clothes, water element decorations outside the range of your Feng Shui nodes, not cultivating near hot items.
>>
>>429539
What are the best water elemental decorations? How close is too close?
Better clothes I've no idea about, that shit's just been a roll of the dice for me.
>>
>>429556
I'd say Crane Lantern, but considering how early in the game you are, that's not a possibility. Just make something out of Ice Crystal Bars, or Ice Essence Bars, if you have them. Putting soul pearls or other Water element Qi gathering items can help with reducing the temperature, just keep them away from any Feng Shui nodes.
You've already built the Observatory, now click the green Yin-Yang symbol to activate the Feng Shui overlay, which lets you see the local Feng Shui for that tile. It will also show the elemental composition of that tile. As different items have different range, use that for planning your layouts.
Hovering over an item will show you the stats. With clothes you can see what they do by 2 values, the Ideal Temperature Cap and Ideal Temperature Minimum. The same stats are shown on your characters screen. The Temp.Tolerance is the one you want to need to play close attention to, being in a location over the upper end or it will cause Heatstroke, just like being in a location under it will be bad for them.
>>
File: time passing.jpg (81 KB, 985x1024)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
https://crackwatch.com/game/amazing-cultivation-simulator

when will i be able to pirate this
>>
>>429774
A long time ago.
1337 has a links, but those are associated with IGGGames.
The steam underground has a thread on it and you can get the latest release from there.
>>
>>429797
i mean by a real group that is trustworthy. some chink could probably give me a working copy but just like in real life i'd get a virus if i touch anything handled by the chinese.
>>
>>429804
The steam underground has clean steam files which you'd use with a steam emulator. If that's not trustworthy enough then you're out of luck, since the developers are chinese.
>>
File: 2.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>429831
>since the developers are chinese
aw hell naw, i didn't know
>>
>>429839
The key indicator is the terrible font choice, that gives away most of them.
>>
>>429839
Le ebin china boogeyman
>>
>>429839
If you want an authentic Chink mythology simulator, have to go to the masters of cheap knockoff goods for it.
>>
Will mods actually clean up this thread and let people talk about the game itself. /pol/ needs to fuck off.
>>
>>427635
Generals are not allowed here.
>>
File: 8262.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>429887
if you don't think china and chinese people is the most vile peoples on the planet you just don't know enough of their culture. they literally run concentration camps right now with forced sterilization and organ harvesting.

you buy from a chinese company the chinese government gets a cut = you support their concentration camps. it's fine if you dont care i guess just as long as you know. a lot of people talk about what they would have done if they lived when the nazis were in power but they don't give 2 shits about what china is doing. back then the world didnt even know about the nazi concentration camps until towards the end of the war but today there's no excuse because we know about them.
>>
>>427727
Dragon Ball Rimworld
>>
You have been isekai'd as the sect master of your current sect. How fucked are you?
>>
File: Life is pain.jpg (17 KB, 450x148)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>430656
"Somebody please invent air conditioning, quick!"
>>
I've been wondering this for a while, but if you build something and later demolish it, do you recover all, some or none of the materials originally used to make that thing?
Asking because it seems really dumb to build something one tile off or turned the wrong way around and not be able to simply move it, if you lose materials for having to destroy and rebuild.
>>
>>430652
>t. posts chinese cartoons
>>
File: 20210221143934_1.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1080)
426 KB
426 KB JPG
>>429166
>>429496
All right I'm back at it and trying to fix this room (that I copied from the tutorials since I have no idea what I'm doing otherwise) if anyone's up for advising.
It's for a fire cultivator, but even with multiple decorations and bits of walls made out of Ice Crystal bars, the temperature is hovering just over 40c which is hotter than I would like. What should I change for what in order to get the maximum Feng Shui, while keeping the temperature down to liveable conditions and also keeping things good for a fire element cultivator?
>>
File: Ice Crystal.jpg (551 KB, 1920x1080)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>431194
Circled stuff is made out of Ice Crystal in a desperate attempt to keep things cool, the rest is Igneo Copper for the 4 decoration stands, bed, Zither and table, the rest is all spirit wood.
>>
File: 20210221152428_1.jpg (388 KB, 1920x1080)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>431199
My first tribulation, a shapeshifting one.
>>
>>431194
>>431199
Is that a training area where the cultivation spot is supposed to be? That should be a cushion.
Why are you using Igneocoppar Bars, that have 0 Qi gathering for your Fire cultivator? Wood Qi is best for Fire elements, so use Spiritwood or anything else that has Qi gathering. Currently it's doing nothing more than increasing the Fire element Feng Shui and increasing temperature.
Wood base > Fire Node might be somewhat fitting, but unless you know what you're doing, stick with Earth base > Metal Node, since that affect the temperature.
Remember, if an element Begets another element, that means it's good for that element. That gives a bigger bonus than having the same element. For a fire element cultivator you'd want a place filled with Wood element Qi.
>>
File: 20210221152557_1.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>431256
Well fuck, now I don't know what to do. If I savescum it is it possible to maybe pass one of these times, or am I kind of fucked?

>>431259
>Is that a training area where the cultivation spot is supposed to be? That should be a cushion.
The tutorial wouldn't let me click around and I have to eyeball what things are, I considered it was a cushion but I wasn't sure due to the yin/yang symbol on it.

>Why are you using Igneocoppar Bars, that have 0 Qi gathering for your Fire cultivator? Wood Qi is best for Fire elements, so use Spiritwood or anything else that has Qi gathering.
In the tutorial they had Fire Essence bars there, but I don't have any so I figured the Igneocopper Bars would have been a close enough substitute. Will switch immediately.

>Wood base > Fire Node might be somewhat fitting, but unless you know what you're doing, stick with Earth base > Metal Node, since that affect the temperature.
I guess in future I'll do that, but I would like to try and learn what I'm doing because I don't want to just use earth / metal for every cultivator forever if I can help it.
>>
Have they nerfed body cultivators yet?
>>
it's an extremely fun game imo but the setting inherently keeps it incredibly niche. lets be honest there aren't many anons on this shithole who'd read cultivation novels
>>429045
I'd get a bunch of outer disciples to do your grunt work and stockpile supplies while micromanaging only a few inner disciples and higher at first (like initially I'd only have your sect master become an inner disciple while your other starting people remain outer disciples till you gather more mooks)
animal shapeshifters are a bit of a hassle with their tribulations so I'd try to stick to humans at first, and if you find the monster cultivating on your map avoid it like the plague until you've really built your shit up or prepare to savescum
>>429839
anon what did you expect for a game based on an explicitly chinese literary genre?
>>
>>431274
You'd usually want a golden core cultivator to safely pass the shapeshifting tribulation, since it's 50K strong and all 5 elements, one after another with no break in between.
There are 2 cushions, a regular one which can only be made out of Fabric and a Qi Cushion, which also has some Qi gathering. The one with the Qi gathering has a Yin|Yang on it, regular doesn't.
The Wiki is pretty barren, but it does have some basic guides. Don't blindly follow them, but do take what they say into consideration.
Earth|Metal is only for the bedroom, also for all outer disciples. The cultivation spot is a different matter, but their sleeping area should be temperature neutral to make it easier for you.
>>
>>431304
>You'd usually want a golden core cultivator to safely pass the shapeshifting tribulation, since it's 50K strong and all 5 elements, one after another with no break in between.
Honestly sounds like I might as well just restart unless you have recommendations, both my main girls with any ability are half animals, and both have barely begun Qi shaping. I'm struggling because their mental state falls way faster than their cultivation progress goes up.

>Earth|Metal is only for the bedroom
Wait, so what should I do about crafting rooms etc? Do I need to take their element into account for anything or is it just for the feng shui?
>>
>>431324
not him but yeah might as well restart that game. I should add definitely pay attention to mental state occasionally you'll have to let them take breaks to just fuck around and restore their mental health.
can't really help you on feng shui though since I'm still figuring that out myself. I personally tend to just use wood for outer disciple rooms since it's cheap and easy to get, customize each inner disciple and ups room according to their cultivation technique, and just changed the material for crafting stuff to keep the feng shui in the room okay and it's worked well enough.
>>
>>431324
Feng Shui matters for everything. Element only matters for the Alchemy Furnace.
When planning crafting rooms you need to consider the fact that some buildings radiate Qi by themselves, like Wells, Kitchens and Furnaces. For those, you'd want them to be the element that is fed by the element being radiated.
Or in simpler terms, Wells out of wood with water surrounding it. Kitchens, Furnaces and Forges out of earth with fire surrounding it.
>>
>>431354
>Element only matters for the Alchemy Furnace.
What element matters for them?

>Or in simpler terms, Wells out of wood with water surrounding it. Kitchens, Furnaces and Forges out of earth with fire surrounding it.
I guess that's another thing I fucked up then, my kitchen is igneo and the walls are wood. What's a simple way to get the water ki for the well(s)? Flooring enough or do I need something special?

Guess I'll ask, what starting bonuses are good to take? I took rare artifacts and basic materials, got myself 3 very nice flying swords that helped and 20 of each type of bar and stuff which is nice since Igneo was so rare on my map. Anything else to look out for when restarting? I'm planning on resetting until I get somebody with perfect stats for cultivating that one metal law.
>>
>>431364
With alchemy furnaces, the feeding element is important. If you were doing a Water element pill, you'd use a metal element furnace, Metal element pill in an Earth furnace and so on.
Changing the flooring affect the Feng Shui, but it's by a small amount. A bigger amount is from decorations placed near the object (next to it for most effect). Items on stands aren't that useful compared to decorations.
If you're a beginner, True Sun Refining is best for a starting law, due to the breakthrough seasons, availability of cultivation room materials and effectiveness of spells in early game to mid-late game. Other than that, the Advanced manuals is useful for they contain Soul Inquiry and those that increase your disciple count are useful as well. Unless you plan on doing a solo start and recruit everyone after, in which case you'd want the disciple decreasing perks. But the disciple count increasing perks are useful since they allow you to take more people that you can somewhat pre-select (or even choose from reincarnators).
>>
>>431375
Huh, I'll definitely have to keep the stuff about wells and kitchens and furnaces etc in mind. So I'm going to ideally want 5 different pill furnaces for all types of pills, I gather?

>If you're a beginner, True Sun Refining is best for a starting law, due to the breakthrough seasons, availability of cultivation room materials and effectiveness of spells in early game to mid-late game.
That's what has been giving me grief the entire time, because I keep trying to build shit out of igneocopper for their cultivation and it's turning everything into a furnace. Was planning on the metal so that I could get bonuses from having iron beds in earth rooms etc.
Doesn't help that none of my guys were really suited for the fire law, they were like 50% effectiveness for it.
>>
File: Fire_Cultivation_Room.png (549 KB, 574x607)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
>>431386
5, 6 for aesthetic reasons if you feel the need to include spirit crystal as None element.
You only need the begetting element at their cultivation diamond, using the same element is not optimal.
Here's an example what an early game cultivation room for a fire element (eg. True Sun Refining) cultivation room could look like.
Walls, door and lanterns out of Spiritwood, displays out of Wood, a normal cushion in the middle and Spiritwood Offcut flooring. The empty spot is where a Giant Ginko would be, you'd place the blueprint over it. Stands are all Spiritwood. Notice how there's not a single item of the fire element, not increasing the temperature in any way.
>>
>>431411
Should I build all of this around the biggest Ginko I can find, or just build wherever good and then plant one myself? Also are manuals reusable? I forgot to ask that.
Guess I'll go fire laws again then.Wish me luck.
>>
>>431422
Regular Ginko trees don't gather Qi, only Giant ones do. Planting and waiting will take a LONG time, either go with a natural one or skip that and just fill that tile.
Manuals are single use, learn them and they disappear. That's what the Manual Pavilion is for, build those and either transcribe the manual directly, or learn the manual and then transcribe the knowledge of the one who learned it. However, you will get a decreased inspiration cost when learning stuff through the Manual Pavilion, so it's best to use the Pavilion whenever possible.
>>
>>431430
>That's what the Manual Pavilion is for
Not gonna lie, I don't know what a manual pavilion is or most of what you're talking about here. I never read one in that first time and only one tutorial briefly mentioned them.

Might be the same answer, but how do you raise a character's stats like intelligence? The tooltip for potential says that it can't be raised any further once they become an inner disciple, so to me that means this stuff can be raised at least before then.
>>
>>431471
There's a building, under the Sect tab, with the name Manual Pavilion.
Potential is complex, as it can be split into innate and post-natal, so I'm gonna skip over that.
Luck has no miracles improving it, but there are some manuals and equipment items that increase it.
For PER|CON|CHA|INT, there's a remolding miracle for each of them. You cast those on outers to increase their stats. The alchemy law includes all 4 of them, but they are in other laws as well. Resilient, Enlightened, Charismatic and Perceptive. That's what was meant by stat remolds.
The ingame help can be very useful, especially if you've already completed all tutorials. It even has a search function.
>>
File: 342.jpg (1.58 MB, 6000x3952)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>431185
as if the Chinese could ever produce anything on their own
>>
File: 20210221182754_1.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
Let's hope things go better this time around, now that I'm a human supremacist.
>>
There is nothing better ITT then Kosher racism and hate all in order to justify using nukes to conquer Chinese people as slaves in globohomo empire.
>>
File: 20210221204837_1.jpg (749 KB, 1920x1080)
749 KB
749 KB JPG
>>431411
Just about got everything stable and built my first real training room. There's actually a second giant Ginko tree on the map that I only found a minute ago, but it took literally all the spiritwood I could find simply to build this one room.
>>
>>431817
Training spots are for outers to train their foundation on. Inners cultivate on beds, cushions, or special altars. You'll want a cushion in the middle, not a training spot. Fabric is not expensive, all it needs is cotton.
>>
>>431820
The plan is to build a cushion there once I can, but I don't even have the option unlocked yet. I'm not sure what unlocks further building options.
>>
>>431827
Building the bonfire>building enough buildings>Establishing a Sect>Reaching higher sect rep
The cushion is unlocked when you establish a sect, since you have no need for it without any inner disciples.
>>
>>431829
That's fair, I don't actually have an inner sect disciple yet, as you should be able to see by looking at the nametags at the top.
>>
>>431832
use the one medicine you get at start that lets you basically insta promote an outer disciple to inner for whoever you want your sect leader to be
>>
>>431843
I'd rather save that for now, it's not like I'm going to be ready for having an inner disciple just yet anyway, I'd at least like to build their bedroom first.
If you have an awesome inner disciple bedroom layout to share, I'd be very grateful.
>>
>>431847
The only thing you really need is a solitary bedroom, inners don't like to be with other people unless they know them well (but not outers, they will get a debuff if you put them in the same room with outers).
The room on top is for inners, a single iron bed, an earth decoration next to it, giving more earth element for metal bed, and a shelf as a decoration, which can be replaced with a Manual Pavilion. Walls and floors are marble, but they can be whatever Earth material, like browstone.
The room on top is an example for outers, two iron beds with a decoration between them, giving more earth element for metal beds. Walls and floors are also marble, but doesn't have to be.
You can also build a large barracks and fill it with beds for your outers to avoid making 5X5 commie blocks.
>>
>>431847
ah I thought you were ready for an inner disciple but didn't realize you had the medicine. yeah wait until your ready since you lose a grunt worker once they're promoted (though obviously the benefits outweigh it in the end)
I'm afraid I can't help you there I'm not one of the far more knowledgable guys ITT, basic advice you've probably already heard just remember to customize the feng shui of their room to be optimal for their particular technique and maximize their gains. also make sure they get their own individual rooms they don't like being roomed with people especially outer disciples. you'll probably wind up with multiple buildings like I do
oh and idk if you already know this but keep in mind all the techniques have peak conditions for attempting tribulations that vary a lot like some will have better chances in certain seasons or at night etc. so keep an eye on that when trying to progress your inner disciples. IIRC at least one will eventually require you to go adventuring as part of your cultivation
>>
>>431857
Did you mean to attach a pic? You're talking as if referring to one.
>>
File: Rooms.png (304 KB, 269x658)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>431861
Yes, doing stuff late at night behind 5 monitors with a movie playing on one, ACS on another, and working on guides can cause one to miss a detail like that.
>>
>>431857
>>431863
I actually gave all my outers the top room like you did in the top pic, never even occurred to me you could do multiple per room.
Was planning on making something like I did for
>>431194
with a nicely decorated room that gets a bed, table and entertainment along with whatever else. I don't plan on repeating the lower left part again since that's apparently useless, but I wanna give them something they will be very happy with.
>>
>>431870
A dedicated leisure item in the room is useful for guests, but for your own disciples, a general leisure area can prove useful, as they can train Social that way (by being near others).
>>
>>431870
outer disciples don't really care about roommates from what I recall so long as they have a room
only inner disciples and higher need their own room
>>
>>431875
>>431876
What would a leisure room look like?
Especially what side should the exit door be facing? I don't know if it'd count as a bedroom, crafting or kitchen (or what) as they're the only ones I know the feng shui for roughly.
>>
File: Leisure_Room.png (939 KB, 852x559)
939 KB
939 KB PNG
>>431895
South, just fill it with leisure items. This is an example, a lot of Leisure items next to each other. Just ignore the rain, I'm in the middle of pissing off the Flood Dragon.
>>
File: 20210220181755_1.jpg (473 KB, 1920x1080)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
Okay, after sleeping on it I think I've finally figured out why I'm so confused with all the "have your fire element cultivator surrounded by wood and not fire" stuff:
It's because in the very first tutorial, the prologue, it has you building a cauldron out of Ice Crystal bars in front of a guy who's (what I believe is) a water elemental cultivator and is making a breakthrough in his cultivation. Is the tutorial wrong on this, or should I be creating something like the circled area in the future for my fire elemental cultivators for when they're making breakthroughs, or should I simply have them always sit surrounded by wood for everything?

What even is the purpose of the circled area, or would the room's bed serve the same purpose if made out of Igneocopper?
>>
>>431518
Go back to /pol/ and let people who want to talk about videogames talk. Useless mods turning every board into /pol/.
>>
>>432479
Before going into details, the ingame help has that to say on the elemental conditions for cultivation. That's only cultivation, not the bedroom. The circled area is a basic cultivation spot, a cushion (that inner disciples can be assigned to just like a bed) in the middle surrounded by displays with items that have Qi Gathering(while Fire Essence Bar gathers Qi, Igneocopper Bar doesn't) on them. A bed isn't optimal due to it being 2 tiles and not one, wasting the extra tile on a bed without Qi gathering is pointless. Using beds for cultivation like sleeping outside for outer disciples, not really something you'd want. The tutorial wasn't really wrong, but it did use some lore explanations not backed up by game mechanics.
Now, elemental relations is where it can get really confusing.
When considering elemental matchups, there are four possible conditions in the game: connective, same, counteractive and none. The numbers have some base in reality but they're not applicable in all situations.

Going backwards, starting with none, it occurs when the elements don't relate to each other. The best example would be using None element stuff, like the Physical cultivator, Divine cultivator or Jade Purity|Primordial Symbols. This is the baseline, not giving any bonus but not giving a debuff either. If you put a fire cultivator in an room filled with earth Qi you'd get the bonus, since Earth has no relation to fire (while the opposite, an Earth cultivator in a Fire room, would give the connective bonus, since Fire begets Earth).

The second, counteractive, occurs when one element overcomes another. Easiest example for it is water, which overcomes fire. For cultivation this is not something you'd want. The counteractive matchup could reduce your stats to 50% of what they were, so it's a bad thing when designing your cultivation area.

[CONTINUED]
>>
>>432625
[CONTINUED]

The third, same, occurs when it's the same element. This is what the tutorial used and what you wanted to use for your fire cultivation room. Having Same is better than having None, but it's not the best. When considering breakthroughs, the same element bonus will only give up to +++, which is not the best. However, as you already experienced, this can bring an increase (or decrease, with water) in the temperature and end up causing the death of your cultivators. A same matchup could increase your stats to 120% of what they were, so it's somewhat of an improvement.

The fourth, connective, occurs when one element feeds another. And the example I'd use here would be Wood begetting Fire. This gives the biggest bonus, letting you reach all +++++ for your breakthrough chance for cultivation, so it's something wanted. And for that elemental matchup is why the game suggest True Sun Refining Law for the beginners law, as the basic cultivation array materials are easy to find and don't affect the temperature in any way. A connective matchup could increase your stats to 150% of what they were, so it's definitely an improvement.

Returning to the original point, is the tutorial wrong for using the same material? No.
Is it the best solution? No.
Should you use fire elements in the cultivation array for True Sun Refining Law? Only if you don't have any Wood element Qi gathering items and their temperature tolerance is high enough.
>>
>>432625
>>432633
Okay, a test to see if I've got this:
If I want the maximum possible +++++ for a fire cultivator with good feng shui, Then I need:
>Wooden bed & table etc with water surroundings (walls / decorations)
Which doesn't sound quite right to me as there's no fire element in the air and a lot of water that suppresses fire cultivators, but when I tried
>Fire furniture with wooden surroundings
I got +++ and not the expected +++++

The other possibility is
>Wooden everything
But then my feng shui is mediocre, as I understand it.
>>
File: Metal_Cultivation_room.png (667 KB, 635x610)
667 KB
667 KB PNG
>>432716
You are looking at cultivation efficiency, why are you doing it outside of your array and making it harder on yourself? The element matters when cultivating, and that's what your inner disciples are going to be spending most of their time on. Now, looking at an example of what the elemental rating of a proper room looks like.
This is taken with the Feng Shui view and looking at the center spot where the Cushion is at. As you can see, the Earth element is over 90%(94%), making it pretty obvious that the location is full of Earth element.
Metal One is a cultivator of the Grand Chariot Wisdom Law, so based on my previous statements he should be pretty satisfied in that location. And so he is. What his bedroom looks like, I don't care, since he spends his time in the cultivation room.
Also, you need to understand the difference of 3 groups, Feng Shui Nodes, Decorations and Items on Display stands.
Feng Shui nodes, Beds, tables, Qi cushions, take in elements, but they don't radiate it.
Decorations, like lamps, vases, radiate their element better than items on stand but don't gather Qi, making them useless for normal cultivation.
Items on display stands, especially those that gather Qi, radiate a bit of their element but improve the Qi gathering of the location based on their stats, making them useful for normal cultivation but useless when trying to improve the Feng Shui rating.

For a bedroom, you'd want beds and decorations.
For a cultivation room, cushions and items on display stands.
The wiki page on Qi gathering has some info as well:
https://amazing-cultivation-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Qi_Gathering
>>
>>432768
Thanks for the wiki link especially, I've been wondering which items gather qi in particular.
What's had me confused is the tutorials - in particular there's one that goes "let's find a suitable bedroom for this metal element inner disciple cultivator!" and goes on to have to examine one that's full of fire element and explains it's not suitable, then has to examine an empty earth one and build an iron bed with a bunch of earth decorations around it.

It's the same tutorial pictured here:
>>432479
and it makes it sound super important to have your cultivator basically live in the correct environment at all times, it's why I've been convinced I need to have them sleep in beds of igneocopper etc and ended up with a roasted sect leader a few days ago >>429496
If said tutorial is basically full of shit and it makes no difference at all if they sleep in a room full of opposing elements just as long as as they don't cultivate or break through there, then that explains the problems I've been having.
>>
>>432768
>>432841
One last thing for now I guess I'll ask: is it worth me building the bedroom out of Jade / Darksteel, or should I give them marble and iron and tell them to be happy with it? Is there a time and a place to make a room super nice quality in that it will benefit me in some notable way or should I simply not bother?
>>
>>432841
A lot is lost in translation. Also, all the English resources for the game should be taken with a large vessel (not a grain) of salt. The tutorial isn't completely full of shit, but there are more optimal ways of doing things.
Also for Qi gathering, if you hover over an item then under [Object] is a line Gather Qi: X Range: Y. If it's None, then it's not a Qi gathering item.
>>432865
That would increase Room Quality and Room Attractiveness, not something you need to worry about before you've reached Golden Core.
>>
>>432880
I guess I'm just too used to blindly trusting tutorials and taking ideas from them, oh well.
>Also for Qi gathering, if you hover over an item then under [Object] is a line Gather Qi: X Range: Y. If it's None, then it's not a Qi gathering item.
Yeah that much I know, there was a tutorial on it. On the one hand I was just curious what items had it without having to go find them all.
>That would increase Room Quality and Room Attractiveness, not something you need to worry about before you've reached Golden Core.
...but I will have to care eventually, yeah? Was just weighing my options for if I should dig out the local Jade and Darksteel to build my leader's bedroom with or not to start with instead of upgrading later. Guess I won't bother for the time being.
>>
>>432880
>>432895
>Yeah that much I know, there was a tutorial on it. On the one hand I was just curious what items had it without having to go find them all.
Oh right, I forgot to include in this line that I also wasn't terribly sure how they worked / what they were for, at least until you explained it to me. Thanks again for that.
>>
>>427454
how the fuck would you train your body cults, anons? they've opened up some kimd of training chart for breathing but im completely stumped on how to organize this
>>
File: 20210222171929_1.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>431817
I beat this cunt unconscious, then she got back up while I wasn't watching and nearly stole my manuals for talismans. I didn't even know that was possible.
Makes me think I've already been stolen from once at least while not paying attention, I think I had two manuals but that's the only one I can see and I don't remember what the other might have been.
>>
>>433105
Right click on the attack button to kill people.
>>
File: 20210222181623_1.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>433105
That took way too long, time to actually progress a bit.

>>433139
Right click instead of left click when selecting something to attack? Will try, I have another cunt who just showed up.
>>
>>433191
No, right clicking on the sword icon, it will add blood to the icon when it's in Killing mode. Right click on it again to return to normal.
>>
How far can you play this game blind until you hit a wall that you couldn't reasonably figure your way out of unless you were operating under the assumptions/pre-knowledge of someone who was already steeped in wuxia stuff?
>>
>>433266
Bigger problem is that the bigger community and mods are locked behind the chink alphabet.
>>
>>433266
Feng shui alone is a massive filter, which isn't even that prevalent in wuxia shit.
>>
File: 20210222190624_1.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1080)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
>>433191
I'm back with 6 new pics. Once I finally got somebody to break through foundation forming, everything went sanic fast with this optimal training room and I didn't wanna stop.
Pic related was only a few seconds into training, which is also about how far my guy's got in my first save file over about 2 weeks. Massive difference.
>>
File: 20210222192737_1.jpg (504 KB, 1920x1080)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>>433434
Breaking through the first barrier.
Should I be trying to break through when I'm at +++++ for Yin Yang, so that it will end when it's +++++ for Yin Yang, or something else?
>>
File: 20210222194339_1.jpg (511 KB, 1920x1080)
511 KB
511 KB JPG
>>433437
Passed that breakthrough, a bit over a day later and I'm already attacking the realm limit.
>>
File: 20210222194626_1.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>433441
Good shit. This one's unlikely to die of heatstroke, almost no matter how badly I fuck things up this time around.
>>
File: 20210222195423_1.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>433443
Her new sword I just finished making. I want to make her a divine artifact, but I know very little about making them, if the knowledgable guy from earlier feels like redpilling me on them? Last time I simply started with three of them.
>>
File: 20210222203122_1.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>>433446
Sadly, the Bellows breakthrough failed and now I need to do something about this injury.

So, question time:
What do I do for making good divine artifacts?
What do I need exactly for healing this injury?
What's a good long-term food solution? I have a 10x10 Wheat field but it's still not finished growing yet, and I'm starting to run out of animals to slaughter for meat to cook simple meals with. It occurs to me that I've not actually figured out the food system hardly at all.
>>
>>433452
For Yin Yang, you'd want the +++++ for the middle of your breakthrough, so depending on how long the breakthrough is, starting with - or even more can be useful.
If Feng Shui is a deep rabbit hole for you, then Artifact Crafting can be as complex as Formations, a guide on formations recently completed is a gdoc of 133 pages.
For elemental injuries there is an specific elemental pill for it. For fire injuries there's Fire Powder. Also, there's the panacea miracle, if it doesn't work then try the panacea pill (those are two different things, confusing, I know).
For early game food you can send your inner disciple on adventures to nearby locations that have food as a loot from the location, like Nanping Village.

With artifacts you get a boost of 150% for most artifact stats if the Artifact element is fed by your cultivator element. So to get a Connective artifact for a fire cultivator you'd want to Craft something out of Earth element. The cost for artifact crafting is based on its tier, so on lower states(Qi shaping) go with low tier materials that you don't mind losing.
Now, this is where it gets more complex. Artifact crafting has a lot of RNG. The stats are decided by the physical labels of the item being crafted, apart from a lot of other factors. There is no ideal artifact that is better than others in all situations. The Crafting Table Feng Shui matters, but not its element.
The strength of True Sun Refining Law lies in Spells, not Artifact Mastery, so the artifact shouldn't be that important.
>>
>>433477
She's currently halfway through Core Shaping, and I'm trying to get her an artifact more to shut up her whining than anything else.
I'm currently seriously toying with the idea of having one disciple entirely for the purpose of artifact crafting, as in I take my disiple with the highest skill in that area and make them do whichever basic law gives the best bonuses to artifact crafting. Good idea? Bad idea?

>For early game food you can send your inner disciple on adventures to nearby locations that have food as a loot from the location, like Nanping Village.
Yeah, that I know as there was a tutorial on it, but I figure there has to be some sort of long-term solution for the problem?
>>
>>433477
>>433495
>The strength of True Sun Refining Law lies in Spells, not Artifact Mastery, so the artifact shouldn't be that important.
Actually, that raises a good question I've been wondering: What spells should I be rushing here? I think you or somebody else said something about rushing out some ability that I can use to boost my other disciples or something a few days back, but beyond that I've no clue and haven't touched them.
>>
>>433495
>>433505
Early game crafting doesn't matter that much. Take some Earth element item you don't mind losing and turn it into an artifact for them. The basic laws aren't focused on artifact crafting, you'd want the Myriad Artifact Law for that. If you have the space for a dedicated artifact crafter, then that is useful, especially for churning out T12 artifacts.
For inner disciples food doesn't mater that much, since they absorb their nutrients from Qi. For outer disciples and physical cultivators the long-term solution would be farms, greenhouses (large rooms with farms and warm items on displays), and agencies (they'll eventually produce a surplus of wheat).
If you don't have any large wheat farms(farming areas) yet then it's best you start with that as well.
For Combat spells, which are spells, Innate Qi and Firestorm are your options at that stage of cultivation, you should have them if any invasions take place.
For boosting, or Remolding Miracles, you'd need a cultivator at the Primordial Spirit stage (Divine Fire in your case). The remolding miracle your law provides is Resilient, or Marrow Sanitization. Those are useful for improving the Law compatibility for outer disciples, further increasing the score you get while forming the Golden Core. But that all requires you to reach Primordial Spirit.
>>
>>433518
>If you don't have any large wheat farms(farming areas) yet then it's best you start with that as well.
I have a 10x10 for Wheat and 10x10 for Cotton, since I wasn't really sure how much I'd need. Still don't know how well that will keep me fed though as it's still not finished maturing even though I planted it all at the start of the game. Will that be enough for me, or should I be thinking about adding another field at some point?

>But that all requires you to reach Primordial Spirit.
Anything especially going to stand in my way if I try to rush to that stage before getting any more inner disciples, or is that a terrible plan?
>>
>>433532
With farming the only limit you should consider is the amount of outers you have. More is always better, since it takes a long time to grow and it won't grow during winter, due to the outside temperature. If you can harvest it, plant it.
Remember the Prologue, where your previous sect got wrecked while the leader was forming their Golden Core? If you don't want that to happen get more inner disciples.
>>
>>433544
Any particular plants that are better than others, or just get a roughly equal mix of everything?

>Remember the Prologue, where your previous sect got wrecked while the leader was forming their Golden Core? If you don't want that to happen get more inner disciples.
So enemy cultivators are like Polar Bears then? For those not in the know, Polar Bears like to sneak up on arctic explorers when they're busy taking a shit, it's very unsporting of them.
I was figuring / hoping that I'd be able to get through if I'm quick enough while I'm low reputation and early on, as I have a bear Youkai with really high battle stat and he's been wrecking face with hardly a scratch taken. Does the game literally send a big threat at you when you're trying to break through X level?
>>
>>433559
Ignoring the herbs which are all useful, Wheat, Mushroom and Lotus for food, Herb for healing, pears and Ginko trees for their fruit, bamboo if you have the DLC. Grass is a source of Spirit Dew, but not something to worry about at that point in game. The other plants you can ignore.
There's some anecdotal evidence that you get invasions when you're forming your first GC, but that might be just RNG. It's always a good option to have somebody around for sect defense, especially if your main cultivator is going through a long breakthrough.
>>
>>433598
Any clue on how big of an invasion I might be looking at here? All I've been getting is single invaders who may not even have a weapon, and only just had my first two person attack. I've not taken a scratch in my last dozen fights, almost entirely thanks to mr smashy mace.
If there is any chance I can get away with rushing Primordial Spirit right away before things get hectic, I will. If it's a fairly fixed size multiple powerful cultivator attack that I have close to zero hope of winning without multiple inner disciples, then I'll hold off for now.
>>
>>433603
As invasion difficulty is based on your current reputation, you should be safe. If you have anyone else with good law compatibility then consider promoting them, unless you have another use planned for them (like staying as an outer). In the beginning, quantity can be better than quality, so having another Core Shaping inner around while your main is forming their Golden Core can be what saves your sect from any weird events.
>>
File: 20210222230702_1.jpg (482 KB, 1920x1080)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
>>433613
Yeah, hopefully I'll be okay doing this. Most of my outers are useful as outers atm, and I want to give them the best chance possible when they advance using the remodeling miracles from the start.
Pic is an aerial view of the main body of my base, much better planned out compared to the haphazard patch of dirt I had last time.
>>
So how does a game of Amazing Cultivation go actually ?
A friend and me are interested but honestly even after reading this thread I don't know what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>433630
Better if delve into wuxia genre first. If you like that then you'll love this.
Otherwise it'lll seem too foreign and the anti-chink spammers always degrade every discussion.
>>
>>433622
A save before you start forming the golden core might be useful, in case you get wrecked during the breakthrough, otherwise keep at it. Also, the blue spots, also near what might be the cultivation array, that's spirit soil. Might want to plant some herbs as well, since it has a greater fertility, a different elemental make up and Qi gathering.
>>433630
The first few hours might be somewhat similar to Rimworld, with the whole survival mechanic. As soon as you start promoting your outers to Inner disciples it changes. After that, you can fumble around with different game mechanics, some more complex than others. Unless you need to know everything for an optimal min-max playstyle you'll still have a time playing it. Whether it's a good, bad or interesting, that's entirely dependent on you.
>>
>>433650
>A save before you start forming the golden core might be useful, in case you get wrecked during the breakthrough,
I plan on it, but I'm on Immortal difficulty so I'll have to back up my save file to do it. Wanted to get achievements.

>Also, the blue spots, also near what might be the cultivation array, that's spirit soil. Might want to plant some herbs as well, since it has a greater fertility, a different elemental make up and Qi gathering.
I figured, but it was too close to my giant Ginko tree to be really useable. Will probably try putting a small patch of herbs on the north spirit patch, but otherwise oh well.
>>
How do I regain motivation after my immortal playthrough got wrecked by flood dragon?
>>
>>433650
Just woke up at 5am because my brain demanded I think about this in great detail, which is usually a good sign that I'm enjoying a game:
One thing it wanted to consider is "hang on, did that guy really mean I need earth element weapons, or did he mean to say wood?" but I can see upon re-reading you definitely di mean earth (and why).
The other question it has is "how does weapon type matter?" Like I'm assuming if somebody has a 'swordsman' trait I'm guessing they might be better with a sword, and I noticed some of the laws talk about being good with swords or some shit, but does weapon selection matter at all, if not in general then for those special cases? There any reason not to just make swords for everybody and call it a day or if not then how do I tell what I should give them?

>>433672
Pick yourself up off the floor, dust off your legs, plan ahead to not make the same mistakes and build / do your sect in ways that corrects the problems the old one had, and name it something like "Dragon Slaying Pavilion" or something so you never forget your true goal of revenge here.
>>
>>433672
Your clan and entire family was wiped out by a Flood Dragon and you're not eager to set off in revenge with a tragic backstory?
>>
>>433645
>>433650
Thanks for your advice. My friend has some knowledge of cultivation wuxia and the sort whereas I don't know anything at all. I'll probably check it out if it's on a good sale and I want something different from Rimworld.
>>
>>433937
>>433989
The beginning of the game is just so boring and I did it like 7 times by now...
>>
>>433477
The amount of qi in the item also seems to matter for artifacts. At the very least it's a confirmed fact that items with tons of qi in them take much longer to refine.
>>
>>434112
Forming pill, rush out some buildings and an inner disciple by taking some building materials to start.
>>
>>433937
The second part is easier to answer, bows for everyone. The normal weapons just vary with their base stats, like bows have longer range but lower attack speed. For outers, definitely bows. For inners it doesn't matter, since they're screwed if you're without their artifact (a general statement, are exceptions).
Now, take into consideration the element feeding or counteracting other elements. Where does the cultivator get Qi? From the surroundings. That's why the cultivation arrays are best with the feeding element of the cultivators law.
Where does the artifact get Qi? Not from the environment, but from the cultivator. They are where the artifact absorbs Qi from. So working with the logic, to get the most out of your Fire cultivator their fiery Qi should be used for feeding the Earth element of the artifact.
>>434136
If you want to go into details, then it does matter. More Qi can get you increased artifact tiers, up to 11. But that takes a lot of Qi. You'll need to use Spiritual Refinement a lot and set up dedicated cultivation rooms just for the items to get any use. With the RNG it's easier simply make more of them than focus all your efforts on a single item to be made into an artifact. But if you still want to get the highest tier possible your best bet is to use Specter Refinement on the base item. You'll most likely get a T11 artifact, but at least you tried.
A better use for the Qi stored in the item would be with Palm of Absorption to refill your Qi.
>>
>>434153
>For inners it doesn't matter, since they're screwed if you're without their artifact (a general statement, are exceptions).
I thought true sun refiners were mostly about magic and didn't care much about their artifact? I guess I'll have to ramp up production and get one produced soon.
>>
>>434167
They still need an artifact to tank damage for them.
>>
>>434153
>>434169
Good idea on the bow thing btw, I hadn't considered that at all. There's a 99% chance that I'll just go with Swords for all my inner disciples though, because
https://youtu.be/gJEEIg9XlBY?t=65
unless some reason crops up why I shouldn't.
>>
>>430652
I didn't buy it.
>>
>>434153
Out of curiosity, where would I go to get my hands on better types of wood (and stone, while I'm at it)
>Phoenixwood
>Parasol Timber
>Gnarled Vine
Those in particular, but I'd also like to know my options for getting my hands on Jade or whatever is better and stuff for making top tier weapons out of in the future.
>>
>>434269
Overworld. The only way to truly make it anywhere in this game is to explore a whole lot.
>>
>>434274
Any particular direction, or is this going to have to be a straight roll of the d100 and pray for the best?
>>
>>434287
You can see which locations drop which resources by clicking on them. But exploring locations also unlocks new locations. You'll have to get around to exploring all of it eventually, as soon as possible. It's actually a good idea to stock up on inners, even really shitty ones, just to get more exploring done fast.
>>
>>434294
>It's actually a good idea to stock up on inners, even really shitty ones, just to get more exploring done fast.
Will do so eventually, but not until I've tried rushing to Primordial Spirit ASAP just to test how viable it is and if the game is blatant about throwing enemies at you to fuck you up. I'm way too curious as a person to just let that little mystery go untested.
>>
>>434303
The difference between a golden core and primordial spirit isn't that big unless your golden core is really fucking strong. The big thing that comes at PS are the spells to uplift the next generation.
>>
>>434426
>The big thing that comes at PS are the spells to uplift the next generation.
Which is exactly my goal.
Not entirely sure I'll be able to back up my save for the attempt (hope I won't need it) as the Immortal save doesn't seem to be exactly like the others. I'm thinking I should back up the probably relevant files, try it, then if the game sends a ton of shitters my way I have no hope of surviving then I'll end the process and replace the files, and hold off on that.
>>
>>434429
Your reputation's not going to go up unless you trigger certain events while exploring, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
>>
>>433452
>>434153
Fuck.
Some Qi shaping bitch showed up and can 100% kick my ass, but it's a close fight. My guys have been dragging their heels and refusing to actually build any artifacts etc or what I'd need to make some.
If I reload it puts me back in the fight halfway with them both at half Qi, but my sect leader runs out slightly before they do and then dies instantly right before my reinforcements can show up. What do I do?
>>
File: 20210223164619_1.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>434555
Forgot pic.
>>
File: 20210223171329_1.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>434555
>>434557
Forgot about spells, learned Firestorm and nuked the fucker.
This does make me worried though, if somebody shows up while I'm breaking through, I'm kind of fucked.
>>
File: 20210223180041_1.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>434601
Well, I'm ready to advance. Time to find out if the game auto tries to fuck you up when your first cultivator is trying to reach the Golden Core realm by sending enemies.
This could go very, very badly.
>>
>>434686
Post core grade when you're done.
>>
File: 20210223182134_1.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080)
579 KB
579 KB JPG
>>434686
>>434690
Nothing so far.
>>
File: 20210223182309_1.jpg (425 KB, 1920x1080)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>>434714
And done, completely uneventful. Right before I started doing this, the Polar Night that's been going on forever finally stopped and some mythical beast apparently showed up that causes brilliant sunshine, so I took it to be an auspicious sign.
>>
>>434714
>>434718
Is that a t8 gc?
>>
File: 20210223182524_1.jpg (575 KB, 1920x1080)
575 KB
575 KB JPG
>>434718
>>434690
Here's my core pic.
>From 4000 training required to 360,000 required
Jesus fucking Christ, how am I supposed to do this before the heat death of the universe?
>>
>>434725
>Jesus fucking Christ, how am I supposed to do this before the heat death of the universe?
It's doable with a decent golden core (t1-3) or meditation.
>>
>>434728
Guess I'll have to meditate my way to victory, then.
>>
>>434725
Higher grade core reduces the training requirement and also gives more qi. Learning how to get t1 GCs consistently and very early is the first real bottleneck of the game.
>>
>>434751
Tell me your secrets, oh wise one.
>>
>>434786
It's really fucking complicated. You should look up a guide for it, there's no abridged version.
>>
File: 20210223203724_1.jpg (555 KB, 1920x1080)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
>>434796
Got a link?

>>434725
>6 days to go from 0/360,000 to 8639/360,000
Okay yeah, this isn't viable and I'm missing something. The main problem I'm having is her mental stability drops from 9X to 70 in half a day and takes 3 days to restore, while training at 70 or below isn't worth it.
>>
>>434892
Sitting in the sect will take you ages to get somewhere, you should go out and explore.
>>
>>434897
Just 'Explore' anywhere, or somewhere in particular? Variety good or the same place repeatedly?
>>
File: 20210223211155_1.jpg (486 KB, 1920x1080)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
>>434892
I just got halfway through following the advice that anon mentioned, basically crafting an alchemy furnace for each element, and then it's finally hit me: How in the fuck are you meant to create a wood furnace? You can only make them out of bars and blocks.
>>
>>434892
With a shitty gc like that you wont go very far I guess.
>>434960
I think it's not necessary to have one for every element, just having something with a positive interaction is good enough. I.e. for water you can use one that's made out of metal.
>>
>>434975
>With a shitty gc like that you wont go very far I guess.
It's all I got and the best I was able to come up with, pls no bully.
>>
>>434960
Mt. Nelumbo (Evenfall Abode) has Small Alchemy Furnaces. They're not Feng Shui nodes, but they work just like the regular Alchemy Furnace. Those can be made out of timber. To get access to them you need to buy access to their area from the Trade menu. Then you need to enter their Sect location and Observe the decorations to unlock them for your own use.
>>434975
If you are aware of all the alchemy recipes and know which ones you'll never use then you can skip an element, sure. If you don't care for the bonus you get then you can get by with a single Spirit Stone|Crystal Alchemy Furnace, as it has no element. But if you want the bonus, you'll need one for every element.
>>
>>434981
You should look for a guide on how to get a good golden core, it's extremely important if you want to progress (and some things about it are not easy to figure out yourself)
>>
>>434991
>Read some advice
>"Higher max Qi = better core!"
Really wish I'd known that beforehand.
>>
>>435124
Yeah, this game doesn't always tell you how things work.
>>
>>435124
That's pretty much the game.
>play for 5 hours
>learn something new and absolutely game changing
>restart and apply new knowledge for a more efficient playthrough
Repeat over and over until you're doing Immortal Tribulation IX playthroughs.
>>
I find Yaoguai and their shapeshifting flavor super cool, but it seems kinda hard to get a good one aside from randomizing them at the start.
>>
File: 20210224144725_1.jpg (552 KB, 1920x1080)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
So, if I have a giant silver cobra that's doing well with its cultivation in the lower right corner of my map and it's just woken up, what do I do about it? What would I need to fight it off, generally speaking?
>>
>>435896
You always have a beast on your map, usually you can kill them when your dog is in the learning stage at latest.
>>
>>435902
>usually you can kill them when your dog is in the learning stage at latest.
...huh?

Also I guess I should ask about manuals since I know nothing about them and can't reload, if anyone wants to redpill me a little on them. If I have a cultivator read a manual, does it use up the manual? If it's a manual for learning new elixir recipes or whatever, will they be unlocked permanently or just for that one cultivator? I see I can have my Golden Core disciple write a manual (I think), what's the point and the downsides to it?
>>
>>435917
You can write manuals into scroll shelves or whatever they're called, then everybody can learn them.
>>
File: 20210224165309_1.jpg (370 KB, 1920x1080)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>435896
>>435950
Let me go ahead and run through this as I understand it because this is a lot to take in, please stop me if anything's wrong with it.
You can have an inner disciple transcribe physical manuals and even entire laws into a manual pavilion. These can then be individually learned as many times as you like by other inner disciples, even if it's a spell, ability or passive effect from an entirely different cultivation pathway, as long as they have enough inspiration to learn it. Even the manuals for crafting elixirs or pills (like the one pictured) can be learned by each of your inner disciples if you wish it.

Anything wrong with that? I was originally thinking I'd need a cultivator of each pathway, for boosting each stat on a new disciple. Will I be able to learn all of them on one disciple and use them for boosting stats? What's the downside to that and to boosting stats?
>>
>>436113
The costs for learning more shit rises exponentially. It's not sustainable without establishing agencies in the overworld. Other than that, there's no downside to learning more abilities, and in fact, you want to learn as much stuff as possible for your GC preparation.
>>
File: 20210224190203_1.jpg (534 KB, 1920x1080)
534 KB
534 KB JPG
>>436113
I just got two soul pearls, and now my refrigerator room is a little bit chilly.
...Is that going to be a problem if I leave it alone?
>>
>>436291
>-181 degrees
>a little chilly
>>
>>436299
It'll be fiiiiiiine! just wrap up and put a scarf on and it's no problem.
>>
File: 20210224194422_1.jpg (709 KB, 1920x1080)
709 KB
709 KB JPG
>>436291
Okay yeah, I'm forced to start training up a new inner disciple. Every attack is now two Qi shaping inner disciples and I have to be on my toes each time so I don't lose any outer disciples.
>>
>>436482
Oh, and does anybody have any ways for me to more easily raise somebody's Mental State, or at least have it drop at a slower rate?
That alone would practically double my cultivation speed.
>>
File: Immortal.jpg (3.74 MB, 3213x2934)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB JPG
How are your sects faring, /vst/?
>>
>>436493
There are manuals in various of the supreme laws which improve Mental State. If you have all the ones you know written down, then it's easy enough to search "Mental State" on the bookshelf study whatsit. You can also make scented sachets at the handicraft bench, which help a bit. Between those you should be able to get the floor for Mental State up above 50 reasonably easily, which lets you cultivate (almost) all the time, although you still need to take breaks to deal with the Anxiety and Hedonism.
There are also occasional Spirit Relics which improve mental state in the room they're in.
The REAL trick, however, is talismans. Once you can mass produce tier10 Cave Mind talismans, you can have a bunch of cultivators who can't drop below 95 Mental State, which helps a whole lot.
>>
>>436537
Making me feel inadequate here, anon.

>>436549
>There are manuals in various of the supreme laws which improve Mental State. If you have all the ones you know written down, then it's easy enough to search "Mental State" on the bookshelf study whatsit.
Can't load up the game to check right now, but are any of them part of the basic 5 or am I going to have to find some others? I've still frankly now clue where I'm going to get those, or how to work on the "secret" that popped up when I exampled Mt Fullmoon for the destroyed sect and saw someone skulking about.
>You can also make scented sachets at the handicraft bench, which help a bit.
Yeah, noticed them literally 5 min before I stopped playing, it's what got me thinking of the question at all.
>Once you can mass produce tier10 Cave Mind talismans
Sounds like a literal "return to MONKE" talisman, guess that's another one I'll have to find somewhere.
>>
Just woke up and realised I'm gonna have to promote some throwaway guy to inner disciple and use him just for adventures and shit, I really don't have time to fuck around as the attacks on my sect are getting more intense.
For map exploration, can you manually explore locations on the map while Adventuring there, or do you have to camp? How do you get the influence for establishing agencies anyway? I think I've missed something.

Man, I'm gonna have to play this game for 5000 hours to get anywhere, I'm 40 hours / a week deep and I'm barely at this point.
>>
>>436888
>realised I'm gonna have to promote some throwaway guy to inner disciple and use him just for adventures and shit
Make sure you use someone with high luck and give them fire or earth law, so they can farm earth flux, wicked flux and most of the spirit roots.
>the attacks on my sect are getting more intense
If you're playing with default settings the attacks should not be getting harder unless you increase reputation.
>can you manually explore locations on the map while Adventuring there
I think you technically can, but the point where you can enter is before you get the event from adventuring, so there's no advantage compared to just camping. (If you mean the exploration percentage, you'll just have to adventure there repeatedly)
>How do you get the influence for establishing agencies anyway
From agencies.
>>
>>436928
>Make sure you use someone with high luck and give them fire or earth law, so they can farm earth flux, wicked flux and most of the spirit roots.
Luck matters beyond being a stat required for training some types of law?
>If you're playing with default settings the attacks should not be getting harder unless you increase reputation.
Immortal difficulty, I wanted achievements and I'm no stranger to ramping difficulty levels up.
>I think you technically can, but the point where you can enter is before you get the event from adventuring, so there's no advantage compared to just camping. (If you mean the exploration percentage, you'll just have to adventure there repeatedly)
What's the point of camping compared to adventuring anyway? I haven't figured that part out yet.
>From agencies.
Get influence for agencies from agencies that I need influence to get, brilliant!
>>
>>437131
>Luck matters beyond being a stat required for training some types of law?
It's one of the most important stats in the game and influences pretty much every event you get while adventuring and refinements success rate among other things.
On default immortal difficulty attacks should not get harder if you dont increase reputation (or extremely slowly ramp up).
>What's the point of camping compared to adventuring anyway?
First of all, while camping you get an event every 2-4 days, so if your travel time is longer than 3 days (2-way) it's more efficient for repeatedly farming the same place. Though that's almost never the case. Secondly when you camp you can "Enter" a map that's connected to the place you are, where you can potentially find resources and talk to people (these maps are the same every game, so once you know them, you can use them to get some resources 100% for sure at the start of the game).

As for Agencies you should get the first for free and it shouldn't take too long to get the next one, at which point your influence gain only increases.
>>
>>437135
>It's one of the most important stats in the game and influences pretty much every event you get while adventuring and refinements success rate among other things.
Huh, I'll definitely have to look out for it a lot more in the future then. Anything else to watch out for, like specific traits like "Hardworking" or whatever else to watch out for when considering recruiting a disciple?
>On default immortal difficulty attacks should not get harder if you dont increase reputation (or extremely slowly ramp up).
I'm not trying to raise it, but it's over 400 because I got an achievement for it. I don't even know what raises it.
>(these maps are the same every game, so once you know them, you can use them to get some resources 100% for sure at the start of the game).
Very neat, I'll make a point of memorizing them then. Any you'd recommend for me in particular? I'm after Jade essence and Goldwood or Phoenixwood atm, as I don't know what else would be better for me to find, perhaps Earth Flux.
>As for Agencies you should get the first for free and it shouldn't take too long to get the next one, at which point your influence gain only increases.
Guess I must have missed that then somewhere. I've largely been ignoring the world map for now.
>>
>>437145
Child of destiny unlocks special events on the over world.
>>
>>437145
>Anything else to watch out for
Well, qi sense of course, but you probably already know that. If you want to do the story minigame (which is pretty terrible) you'll need a character with very high social (I think the best way is just randomizing a cat with 110 when you start the game). Other than that none that I'm aware of.
>I don't even know what raises it
I think it's mostly those things where your inners go into a city while adventuring. If you say no to those, you can keep it pretty constant.
>Any you'd recommend for me in particular?
In the abandoned Lab (or whatever it is called) there are 10 t9 junk pills. You can eat one of those, survive it with something that cures elemental injuries (for example healing powder) and get 10% qi boost from it, which helps with GCs. There are 2 Earth Flux at the exultant sect that you can steal, but it's pretty dangerous, since they'll kill your character instantly if they see you. You'll discover the Poison Dragon Lake (or something like that) if you explore the Exultant Sect territory though, which also has an Earth Flux on the map (and can be farmed for Wicked Flux). Generally it's best to farm them with a high Luck character from the Gemspring Cave on Mt. Shu though.
Another very useful thing is that in the Taiyi ruins there are masses of Iron and Greystone you can use for building (and some spirit stone blocks aswell). I think in the guide section on the discord there was a detailed list of the resources you can find in the maps.

>Guess I must have missed that then somewhere
You did notice the "Secret" tab on the world map, right? That one shows all the scripted events that happen in certain places if you adventure there and the start for agencies should be one of them.
>>
>>437145
>I'm not trying to raise it, but it's over 400 because I got an achievement for it. I don't even know what raises it.
I think on Immortal mode specifically there's a feng shui milestone trigger that gives you a chunk of fame. This is separate from the feng shui trigger that happens whe you reach maxed out sect feng shui which gives you like 2k fame.
>>
>>437157
>Child of destiny unlocks special events on the over world. I'm guessing that's a secret or something I have to investigate?

>>437159
>(which is pretty terrible)
Shame, from what very little I've seen of it so far it looks like a cool idea, having to fill in the blanks of the secret. Will want to do it eventually sometime, perhaps another when I know better what I'm doing.
>In the abandoned Lab (or whatever it is called)
Name's not familiar at all to me, but I'll keep an eye out for it now that I know about it, cheers. Plus all the other ones.
>I think in the guide section on the discord there was a detailed list of the resources you can find in the maps.
Ooo, that I'll have a look for afterwards.
>You did notice the "Secret" tab on the world map, right? That one shows all the scripted events that happen in certain places if you adventure there and the start for agencies should be one of them.
There was so much happening that I kinda just ignored it in order to keep my sanity.

>>437163
>I think on Immortal mode specifically there's a feng shui milestone trigger that gives you a chunk of fame. This is separate from the feng shui trigger that happens whe you reach maxed out sect feng shui which gives you like 2k fame.
I've been working hard on my Feng Shui, got about 80% of the sect at "very auspicious" and 20% "auspicious" with stuff that refuses to tick over to very, and I'm unable to get a detailed report so I'm unsure what's wrong exactly.
To be completely fair though, I still don't know what good Feng Shui does exactly beyond making people happier, and I'd assume giving better results from crafting stuff etc.
>>
>>437179
>Name's not familiar at all to me
Sorry, it's called alchemy Peak. It's available from the start.
You should do the stuff in the secret tab most of the time, some of them are pretty important (there's also ones that are just randomly generated, where some are really important for getting new laws and others your can ignore).
>>
>>437191
I'll have a better look at the secret tab in the future, I just felt overwhelmed last time I looked at it, and then there was the thing with 30 arrows flying all over the map for events happening. Lack of knowing what I was doing with it made me not want to look at it more.
>>
>>437202
The thing with arrows is Info in the top left. That's an overview of the events you get under Sect Rumor.
Secrets tab is in the bottom right, those are events from Wordly Secret.
The thing with the arrows isn't important when starting out, secrets are.
>>
File: 20210225165006_1.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>436291
>>436482
A rare visitor just did a quick fly-by.
Btw guys, was it a mistake for me to build my two meditation rooms this close together? I'm honestly not sure.
>>
>>437531
Not a mistake. As long as the element at the cushion is correct then can be right next to each other, even sharing the outer ring in some cases.
However, using the jade blocks is. You get enough of the element from the essences, the blocks simply take up space (they don't gather Qi, making them useless for cultivation arrays).
>>
>>437531
Nah, it's fine so long as the cushions aren't SO close that they mess with each other's feng shui. I often put Wood cultivators and Earth cultivators in the same room, just to even out the temperature effects of a bunch of water/fire qi gathering items.
>>
>>437562
>However, using the jade blocks is.
I just wanted a bit more earth essence and had nothing else.

>>437576
Mainly asking as I'm only getting a 4 rating for Qi density instead of a 5, might help if I had one last essence but not much I can do about that.
>>
File: 20210225175136_1.jpg (573 KB, 1920x1080)
573 KB
573 KB JPG
>>437531
There is probably some efficient way to max out this girl's training that doesn't use up the forming pill that I'm saving, but right now I'm just setting everyone to train 24/7 and removing all her other work duties.
>>
>>437631
Have you built the cultivation room on Spirit Soil? That's a contributing factor. Other than that it's just gonna be a matter of finding better qi gathering items. Dragon poop is a prime earth element on.
>>
>>437700
>Dragon poop is a prime earth element on.
I hadn't even noticed, thanks. If you look at the announcements in
>>437531
that pic, the "falling treasure" was actually dragon poop.
>>
>>437700
>Have you built the cultivation room on Spirit Soil? That's a contributing factor.
Oh and this point I forgot to address, no because I had no clue it was relevant and because someone else said to use my spirit soil for growing herbs. The training room for fire cultivators is on spirit soil but that's pure luck that it happened to have some under the giant Ginko tree.
>>
File: 20210225183842_1.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1080)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>437664
Time to get some motherfuckers worshipping us.
Man, I left this way too long.
>>
>>437733
It does help. Early on though you're probably best prioritizing herb growing, right enough. Once you can afford to start trading for herbs, or buying Spirit Seeds when a merchant shows up with those, a lot of pressure comes off of the spirit soil usage.
>>
File: 20210225184516_1.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>437747
Wait, this is a thing? How do I trigger it more often, or is it pure random?
>>
File: 20210225184752_1.jpg (473 KB, 1920x1080)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>437760
Barely 3 hours later into the same day I get this, not as useful to me as she already had an absolute fuckton of inspiration xp, but I'd love to get this on another disciple.
>>
>>437760
Mostly random, weighted by character luck and sect feng shui, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>437760
RNG influenced by the Luck stat. Fun fact: one of these events can trigger during GC breakthrough and fully restore qi. It can also trigger several times in one breakthrough.
>>
File: 20210225203639_1.jpg (434 KB, 1920x1080)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>437774
>>436928
>Make sure you use someone with high luck and give them fire or earth law, so they can farm earth flux, wicked flux and most of the spirit roots.
So I have this girl with 9 luck, she gets 50% compatibility exactly with all the starting laws. If I want her to be great at finding me very useful stuff, namely better Qi gathering items and shit to help me get better golden cores, what should be my rough & ready plan for her? Just advance her with X element law and shove her out the door?
>>
>>437941
Get Earth or Fire law (Earth law misses out on wood and Water spirit root, Fire misses out on Metal and Water) advance to Core Shaping for faster travel speed and I think there is a skill in the earth law tree for faster travel speed aswell. You should have a fire manual for 20% extra luck to get her to 10 aswell.
>>
>>437979
>You should have a fire manual for 20% extra luck to get her to 10 aswell.
I do?
I think I'll go with the fire law then, as I want phoenixwood and gnarled vines, or something.
>>
>>437985
>I do?
You get it from adventuring to the bottom right of the map (forgot what it's called). You also get a talisman for +45 mental state there. Alternatively you could use other means to raise stats aswell.
>>
>>437979
The 20% Luck in True Sun is: A) A second tier upgrade and B) at Primordial Spirit
>>
>>437995
There is a manual you can get guaranteed.
>>
>>437988
>>438011
Uhhhh, are you able to get me even a teeny bit of info more than that? Like the name of the place or the manual or skill or something.
>>
>>438014
Ethereal Cave is what the place is called.
>>
>>438030
Will it be something I can use at any time, or will I need to quickly go do it now before she advances?
>>
>>438067
It's just a manual you can store in your pavilion, so you can learn it whenever.
>>
File: 20210225225350_1.jpg (485 KB, 1920x1080)
485 KB
485 KB JPG
>>437941
Is this building worth my time for anything?
>>
>>438185
I think it's just a gimmick, where you can let your disciples fight each other.
>>
>>438185
>>438201
For a gimmick it's pretty useful. Send two cultivators there and you can pit them against each other and see how they do. It has the RPG style controls, where you directly control a single cultivator.
It's very useful if you want to test a certain build, but it is limited to your current inventory, as you can't change their loadout while in there.
>>
There any way to rob a sect map without getting caught doing so, or should I not even try?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.