[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 110 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Almost six months since release
>Three months since last proper patch
>No new content added aside the character creation, just bugfix patches
>First Dev Diary of 2020, hinted to have some stuff regarding upcoming new content, was delayed for over a month
>It finally arrived today, and it's this....stuff https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-dev-diary-48-the-team.1456752/
>"News on the smaller content in the next weeks"

This game is already dead, isnt? What happened?
>>
>>421011
people lavished so much fucking praise on this game and it sold so well that paradox figured they don't even need to try to support it at this point
take a look at fucking imperator in comparison, people rightfully shat all over that title, it sold poorly and it's been getting constant dev diaries, game overhaul patches and general attention etc, because they are trying to get people to want to buy it
>>
>>421019
More like the current dev team for Imperator is made of old paradox fans turboautists that are likely almost working for free to fix the arcade map painting mana collector crap that was the original I:R, while the CK3 dev team was formed by hiring redditors that only cared about "look at this funny lesbian horse Pope kek!"
>>
They said the team is getting bigger for a reason, and they don't want to hype people, so I will reserve my judgement until I see the "bigger" project.
>>
>guy who did Holy Fury is now the lead
well that's good news at least, what a shit diary to come back with though
>>
>>421049
Mental illness.
>>
File: 8CNbvRnsnzA.jpg (35 KB, 258x314)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
> team which works on a game that has 36k players at all times consists of 1.5 freelancers
> new lead project doesn't answer in months
> the most productive team is working on a game that has fewer players than Victoria 2
maybe they actually have a new game in dev, but they never fucking learn
>>
>>421095
When they changed the lead designer? If he had a radical different vision on how the game should be developed it could explain the months without news. Maybe he dismissed all the previous plans for the DLC's and had to reset everything
>>
>>421049
They got rid of all the Reddit meme shit in CK3 though, which is why it sucks so bad right now. There’s barely any humor on n the writing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.75 MB, 958x719)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>421011
They're preparing to bring back the only good and relevant paradox title.
>>
File: 554.png (2 KB, 164x40)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>421011
>52% are simping hard
I'm not even bothered that the tranny banned me from the platform
>>
>>421011
it seems their upper management is on par with CDPR's
>>
>>421011
All it took for me to drop it is when I pirated and saw how barebones game rules were.
>>
They better be working on China right now, and that's why progress has been so slow.
If not I riot
>>
>>421613
>They better be working on China right now
"No!"
>>
>>421107
true, there's not much to laugh at in CK3 right now except for incest and naked people. If the AI could take advantage of the new religion system and make its own wackiness, that might be fun
>>
I'm glad the response in the thread itself is leaning towards calling Paradox out for their shit.
Fucking hell man, at do some fucking bug fixes so you can put them in the diary.
>>
>>421120
it's getting completely ratio'd now
>>
>>421095
well at least they put it out reach for J*han's grubby hands
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiG8OFEigUMh
>it's another episode of modders fix the game for paradox
>>
Imperator did a similar dev team introduction, and it didn't get voted down, in fact it has no disagrees
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/dev-diary-98-important-studio-news.1421679/
>>
Is there a single Paradox game in the past few years that hasn't had a retard moment yet?
I'll go ahead and answer. No.
>>
>they closed the thread because too many people criticized them
lmaoing rn
>>
>>421904
>"I really shouldn't have to explain this but clearly even more veteran members have lost touch with acceptable behavior."
Makes you wonder
>>
File: southeastern-us-map.jpg (110 KB, 718x667)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Need some ideas
What kinda faith would fit the red part? Pagan faith. For a wider idea of the religion it's a part of, the idea is getting pre-exusting personifications of stuff and elevating them to being a deity. In some cases that'd be getting pre-existing gods that have been secularized and de-secularizing them.
I was originally gonna use the faith I came up with for Appalachia but I realized that obviously didn't fit, then I tried to go with a religion based around colonial America/golden age of piracy but I realized that type of flavor would work better with culture instead of religion.
I'd still like to put some nautical type characters in like Davy Jones or Oceanus but that type of stuff would work better as side flavoring for a religion rather than the main focus.
>>
>>421802
>sees the names and photos
No wonder Imperator is improving right now. They grouped all the virgins together to work on it.
>>
>>421011
Don't buy their shit games.
>>
>>421011
the devs apparently went fucking insane (even for paradox) and expect everyone to suck their cock for sitting around with their thumbs up their asses doing fuck all for half of an entire fucking year
>>
>>421955
Kill yourself
>>
>>422450
No
It's not AtE, in case that's what you're thinking
>>
>>421011
(remote viewer here) they want make fewer but bigger dlc's
>>
>>421011
They waited this long to tell us THIS??
>>
>>421011
x1 respectfully disagree
>>
>>421802
The difference is that Imperator has had constant dev diaries showing the various changes in great detail, whereas there's been nothing from CK3 for ages
>>
>make filler dev diary
>make it seem like it's going to be a proper dev diary
>people are annoyed because it's not
>insult them for being annoyed
Holy shit Paradox, are you guys retarded?
>>
>>422541
>>422596
WOW guys way to cross the fucking line with your disrespectful comments
>>
>>421616
Honestly if the AI in CK3 would just do anything it would be a nice change. Too many of my rulers are making it to 70 years old.
>>
>>422596
>insult them for being annoyed
?
>>
>>422465
But they also promised infos on the next content for January in the last pre-Christmas Diary, and guess what? We are in mid February and no news whatsoever, while all the other teams are either annoucing dlc's or launching them
>>
>>421802
The Imperator team didnt hinted for almost two months about an upcoming diary with big news, like the CK3 did in the last one of December. It was an outright lie
>>
>>422457
you're honestly probably better off asking in the AtE thread, most people there are actively hostile to the mod so they would be willing to chime in with ideas for a competing mod
>>
>>423142
I was hoping I wouldn't have to since I know the devs lurk there. Hopefully the shitposters have driven them out of the thread by now, but I'm betting they haven't.
>>
>>423195
As long as you aren't presenting it as an AtE spinoff I don't think you have to worry about them siccing their tranny coven on you.
Anyway I'd give advice but I know fuckall about the South (I'm not a dev I swear)
>>
>>421011
Did they ever fix the fucking broken Crusades in Crusader Kings 3?
>>
What mods make CK3 good?
>>
>>421614
But I want to invade Japan with vikings ;(
>>
>>423499
VIET with times 3 speed makes the game more flavorful.
>>
>>421011
Paradox company wide practices are really chipping away.

Damn man they should have just released this game 6 months from now
>>
>>421614
loser
>>
File: file.png (108 KB, 1199x493)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
Remember not to question or talk to your benevolent PDX overlords in their shit forums.
>>
>>424023
I honestly don't understand why anyone would post on an official forum, especially Paradox. If the company controls the channel, it will inevitably become a sanitized, on-message part of their marketing. Throw in some power-tripping mods and it become quite the shit stew.
>>
>>424023
I love the term "trolling", it is like "hate-speech" loosely defined and you can ban people for saying anything and claim they were trolling.
I get banned for trolling here once a month for things I was serious about, but apparently omniscient jannies know better.
>>
>>421104
The new game is EUV and it's going to feature twice the mana and half the content of EUIV
>>
>>423500
>tfw you will never lead your viking warband to Japan and acquire a harem of qt asian gfs who will sire heirs with 1000x folded nippon genes
>why even live?
>>
>>422440
Way too many people lavished way too much praise on CK3 after launch. Now they feel like they don't need to put effort in.
>>
>>424675
In all fairness, it did deserve the praise. It's by far the most solid base game Paradox ever released.

I don't doubt that it might have led to them becoming lazy though.
>>
>>424102
They do listen to people on Paradox forums and plebbit, they've directly incorporated ideas/feedbacks from posts there and acknowledged it. So, a chance to actually have some input taken into account would be a good reason.
>>
>>424700
>In all fairness, it did deserve the praise.
No, it absolutely fucking didn't. There's a reason why all anybody ever does with the game anymore is post the characters they created. It's an extremely shallow game. It coasted in on the hype of being a sequel to a game a lot of people enjoyed and having a mechanic where you can see naked tits. It took about a month's worth of time for people to finally accept that the game was actually boring and broken.
>>
CK3 is really good, imo. They just lost whatever momentum they had.
>>
>already yet another DLC for EU4 announced
>nothing for CK3 after nearly 6 months
pathetic
>>
>>424709
>CK3 is really good, imo.
nope
>>
>>424700
>>In all fairness, it did deserve the praise.
>it got 90% positive steam rating and 10/10 from reviewer sites
It didn't even deserve 6/10
>>
>>424713
that's why i called it my opinion
>>
>>424716
your opinion is incorrect
>>
>>424707
>it's not as complex as a game that has had continual development for almost a decade therefore it's shit

It's like you never played a Paradox game at launch before. That the game is this functional and "complete" is a miracle.
>>
>>424717
you're gay
>>
>>424724
you will never be a real woman
>>
>>424720
Paradox used to be a small indie dev, it has since raked in a shitton of shekels from its jewy DLC practices over the years and now has a lot of resources to use to make their games good at launch. They have no more excuse. Stop giving it to them.
>>
>>424726
get new material, the tranny jokes are getting old
>>
>schizos are back
oh well
>>
>>424731
you know what never gets old?
trannies
>>
>>424740
that we can agree on
>>
>>424728
They used all those resources to assemble more teams to make more games, and to acquire other studios that make their own shit.

It didn't all go towards getting bigger teams to work on their core titles. The improvements from base CK2 to base CK3 shows how much more resources went into it in any case.
>>
>>421011

Newfag to CK. Just torrented 3 to try it. Is 2 really that much better? Also need suggestions for current playthrough.

>Play the tutorial mission (Murchad mac Donnchad) and take my Steward for granted (Earl Ragnvald) since my king is Catholic and were rolling in money
>Decide to start over and Murchad is an Insular Irish this time? I guess having 4 wives and 10 kids is preferable to having 1 wife and 2 kids when a serial murderer is on the loose but we are also poor as fuck
>Take a look at Earls Earldom and notice Im getting a ton of negatives on conversion and this is actively inhibiting my tax revenue
>Feel fucked for building a farm on his property at the start of my file

The fuck do I do here? Should I convert? I feel like shit because we used to be bros and this guy must be depressed as fuck on this file.
>>
>>421049
Someone forgot their meds
>>
>>424709
I would say it it's good, but not REALLY good. The faults really fucking started to shine around my third playthrough
>>
>>426323
What faults?
t. not played it
>>
>>424709
2 is better, more content, more options.
>>
File: 1613316154434.jpg (46 KB, 938x635)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>He thought CK3 would be anywhere near as good as CK2 before 2024
Amateurs
>>
>>427440
I'd say it's 80 percent as good right now, compared to full DLC ck2. So if you're not a pirate it's much better quality for price.
>>
>>427468
>no societies
>no nomads
>no merchant republics
>inferior plague system
>horrible random duels
>no 768 start date
>vastly inferior pagan flavor (but i guess you can be gay now fellow redditor! trans rights!)
>vastly inferior sainthood & conclave mechanics
>no artifacts
>no flanking
>no investiture or anti-popes
>china doesn't exist at all
>no secret religions/apostasy
>much less unit types
>no crusading overhaul at all, holy order system is inferior
On the bright side, at least, you'll only need to cope for a few more years before Paradox graciously sells you back all these functions for 2x the price.
>>
>>427538
>and an even longer list of new/improved mechanics
I don't have it saved but you can find it if you search an archive for it.
>>
>>427538
Also, less game rules options (at least on launch I don't find option for interfaith marriages) and less start dates/bookmarks (not even counting how you could set the date in game 2).
>>
>>427570
>at least on launch I don't find option for interfaith marriages
Do you mean enabling or disabling them? Because that's handled already by hostility levels.
>>
>>427577
Enabling them. How does that work exactly? If I disable hostility, does it affect other stuff too? Because if it does then it's a shit system.
>>
>>425504
>Decide to start over and Murchad is an Insular Irish this time?
They make him Catholic in the tutorial so that it's simpler for new players. Questionable decision imo, just leads to confusion when people start over like you. This is to say nothing of the questionable historical decision to make Insular a separate religion in the first place.
>Earl Ragnvald issues
Doesn't Insular get along with Catholicism as part of the doctrine? Idk, I never played as Ireland in CK3. You can find a way to revoke him if you're having issues
>>
>>427676
Just check the religon page of the wiki. It shows what's different about different hostility levels.
>>
>>427538
>>no investiture or anti-popes
To be fair CK2's antipope was kinda shit and never got changed since launch.
I mean, anti-pope could only be recognized by the installer and there was clear anti-pope and real pope, when in reality difference between anti-pope and pope was clouded. For example the pope who made crowned Roger II king of Sicily was legally elected pope in Rome, however one of the cardinals who lost the election fled Emperor Lothair who ended up invading and installing him, and the other guy to this day considered anti-pope.
The other issue is that anti-popes cannot be recognized by other realms.

>>427559
Name what you think is an improvement, I can only name three or four tops, everything else debatable.
>>
>>427538
I’ll give you most of these but
>the 769 start was absolute cancer
>societies were crazy unbalanced and in some cases blatantly ahistorical
>china was fine as a talking head, do you really want another invincible blob on the map?
>>427993
I like that dynasty is more important, technically having a powerful dynasty gave you more prestige in 2 but unless you were a Karling or Abbasid it was not very useful. It also encourages setting up independent realms rather than one mega blob. Knights are a good idea but need more (immediate glaring flaw being the player can’t become one). Being able to romance or seduce your wife is a great feature that never made it to 2.
>>
>>427993
>Name what you think is an improvement, I can only name three or four tops, everything else debatable.
First thing that comes to mind are religions.
>inb4 it's the reason why religions are so generic
No, that was Paradox choosing to make their tenets generic to play, not an inherent problem with custom religions. I don't think anyone would complain if they made the tenets specific to one faith/group of faiths more fleshed out based on how that faith did it, they just chose not to.
>>
File: 356.jpg (446 KB, 627x864)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>428017
>>china was fine as a talking head, do you really want another invincible blob on the map?
The best option for CK2 was to limit its interactions to the Steppes, otherwise, you saw every Byzantine Emperor sending their daughter to the Harem and kocktowing.

Honestly I'd prefer detailed simplification of China, but kinda want more complexity like what if China interface actually showed the political situations of China instead of just saying is "stable"? If China was divided to five provinces controllers of these provinces determines what can happen, for example you could only interfact with a faction that control Eastern China
>>
>>428064
>for example you could only interfact with a faction that control Eastern China
*west china
>>
>>428019
>First thing that comes to mind are religions.
Oh, what is good about them? Removing all features from culture and moving them to religion doesn't make any sense.
Tenets are just random modifiers like in EU4.
Doctrines were already in CK2
>>inb4 it's the reason why religions are so generic
That isn't something I was going to complain about.
>>
>>427842
I seen it, but I still wonder how full tolerance thing affects the game.
>>
>still no control map mode
>>
>>428064
I think that would be a good compromise, a little minimap showing the state of China, so if it's divided into warring states, that's reflected; if it's being invaded by the Mongols, that's shown, and so on.
>>
>>422596
It's johans fault. Somehow it definitely is
>>
>>424023
This is what happens when your customer/community team are tokens just to boost the number of women in tech. CA had the same problem.
>>
>>429500
do identify as a misogynist?
>>
File: trannydox.jpg (1.29 MB, 1999x726)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
How many trannies you can count here?

If more than 1 you can see what's the problem with the dev community management, meanwhile imperator have the bald turboautist, the fat 4channer neckbeard and an unfuckable fat woman doing the things
>>
>>429697
I think those are just lesbians
>>
>>429697
That Asian guy on the left looks like he knows something the rest of them don't.
>>
>>429697
only 10 of 30
>>
>>429697
Is that lindybeige that's been inserted on the right? Who is that guy wtf?
>>
>>429508
No, there are women developers who actually contribute to the development of things and then there are "women in tech" with social and art degrees who are in customer facing roles and who continually make an ass out of themselves because they despise their companies customer base and think they should be treated as something more than a corporations mouth piece.
>>
>>429697
>no black people
wooow what a bunch of racists.
>>
>>429697
That's me in the corner
>>
>>429961
That's me in the spotlight losing my religion
>>
>>429948
There pretty muc no niggers in Sweden, too much cold to them. They are full of Somalians, and unlike jungle niggers they are not feticised by Hollywood as sex symbol, and so women dont want them in their workplace
>>
File: 568568568568.png (150 KB, 177x355)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>429697
What is this expression supposed to convey?
>>
>>430207
It's an expression of pain
>>
>>430207
>VGH
>>
>>424330
If you're getting banned monthly then you're probably just acting like an asshole, anon.
>>
>>429697
NOT.ENOUGH.ACCELERATE.
>>
>>421773
Honestly to give some small amount of credit to Paradox, I'm very happy that they've introduced more modding support into their recent titles. For all their faults, it feels like HoI4 and CK3 modding has way more possibilities than EU3/4 or V2.
>>
>>421011
Haven’t touched it since November, what’s the current state of affairs in terms of comer mods?
>>
>>430207
Imagine the smell in that room and you will know
>>
>>430622
Not really, it just bizarre that random things get you banned without warning
>>
>>430207
she looks like she's about to call me a nerd
>>
>>429697
>>
>>431413
circle them
>>
>>421011
>people buy the base game and then pirate the DLC
>wonder why Paradox just made a base game and not DLC
>>
I swear to god if the first DLC is china instead of a trade system or byzantine rework
>>
>>431481
>release game with an optiom to pay extra to get future DLC free
>don't release aforementioned future DLC
I didn't pay pig, but the pay pugs do deserve their due
>>
>>430622
Not true, the jannies on the PDX forums are very trigger-happy if you toe the line in any way. The most autistic thing I've seen happen on there is a thread get banned for the "no swastikas" rule for putting in a link to a page about German aircraft that had pictures with it on the wings.
>>431484
I am quite concerned about the direction of CK3 content. The massive size of the new map means there's a lot of money to milk on regional expansions.
>>
>>431484
according to the season pass there is supposed to be a "flavour pack" before the first major DLC
China, SEA, Japan etc. being added is definitely major enough to qualify as major "expansion" dlcs so the first one is 100% changing something that already exists on the map
>>
>>421107
>constant incest
>player has +50% chance of getting the berserker head ripping event
>constant heresy
>adamites xddd
Face it, its reddit
>>
>>431439
*circles you 6 times*
>>
>>431788
you win this round, gamer.
>>
>>431065
Very barebones sex slave/rape type stuff atm, and even most of what's out there hasn't gotten any updates in months.
>>
>panzer makes godherja
>gets the Bavarian to shill it for him
>everyone ignores it because the map sucks
I laugh
>>
>>425504
>Is 2 really that much better?

3 is the better game mechanically in most respects, 2 just wins out in the amount of content available.
>>
>>431484
I'd say wait three or four years before expecting China.
>>
>>421049
true
>>
>>421107
>got rid of all the Reddit meme shit in CK3 though
its even more reddit you fucking mongoloid
custom wacky religions, and quirky events and barely any historical content
>>
>>421130
no, CDPR managment is incompetent Paradox is incompetnet and maliciously greedy
>>
>>432188
>>gets the Bavarian to shill it for him
Why does so many people watch OneProudShill
anyway? His content isn't even that good
>>
>East Asia added
>game craps itself like CK2
>>
>>432612
His content is good, but yeah he's a massive Pdox shill
>>
>>432624
CK3 doesn't use CK2's outdated, easily overburdened engine. They could double the size of the map and not see a performance hit on anything other than toasters.
>>
>>421011
Why hasn't anyone bitched about the "log in to paradox account to play multiplayer" bullshit yet? I just saw it and holy fuck am I mad.
>>
>>432920
Because nobody plays multiplayer
>>
>>432188
I do agree, especially regarding the southern continent. Seems completely separated by the much more interesting events of the northen one, and being mostly unrelated from the Adversarian lore i can really invest myself on playing a continent full of culture and faiths i dont know
>>
>>432624
CK2 engine was never meant to be expanded east of Persia: it's the reason it took years for Paradox to fix the game speed after ROI. I bet instead the CK3 was built with the plans of including China later
>>
>>433035
I don't understand the obsession with adding India, all paradorks keeps citing:
>without India Iranians have nowhere but the west to expand to
So, what? What problem will kep repeating until you have included all of Euraasia.
Just cut the map at Pakistan and include China interactions screen for the guy who controls north-east india and might create western protectorate.
>>
>>433149
They want the Indian gamer market.
>>
>>433182
indo-aryans don't have computers
>>
>>433149
>>433235
>I want less content because brown people scare me waaah
>>
>>433262
Because it slows down the game, retard. Also more content for x region means less focus on y region.
Learn2b8.
>>
>>421955
I live in that area, it needs to have something to do with English colonialism, piracy (black beard is a big deal cause his ship is wrecked off the coast), or even the confederacy since the area was a lifeline for supplies during the war. If you want to be accurate though, it’s full on southern Baptist. Could be fun to play with though.
>>
>>433498
Replied in the ATE thread.
>>
>>433262
It's bloat you fucking retard
>>
>>433642
The wrong kind of bloat too.
Lazy, horizontal bloat instead of focus on depth.
>>
>>433149
Indians like playing as people they feel closer to. You aren't special because you're European.
>>
>>433642
>waaaah any countries I don't like are bloat!!!
>>
>>433371
Right? The game doesn't make any kinda justice for feudal, tribal, and Muslims, so why not hell should it devote its focus to completely different?
>>
>>433651
If Paradox cared for Indians they would provide an official translation. I doubt Indians even make 1% of their customer base.
>>
>>433787
Middle class Indians speak English. Why should Paradox target the largest democracy as their market?
>>
File: saved.png (178 KB, 720x435)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>start new game Byzantium
>ironman for achievements
>play for 10+ hours
>BTFO mussises and everyone else
>move to fuck up kazars
>carpet sieging them
>armies taking massive attrition
>cousin immediately starts war for throne
>try as hard as i can but they outnumber me 4x1 since lost all my troops to attrition
>surrender
>get all other titles revoked get 2 counties
>old as fuck
>die, heir also old as fuck
>has 3 daughters all married with non dynastic kids
>quit delete save punch wall
>>
>>433149
Persians did expand into India IRL (Ghaznavids and Ghurids). But, no Indian state ever invaded east into Burma, so it made sense just fine to cut off the map at the end of India where they eventually did in CK2.
>>
>>433819
>actually allowing your armies to take attrition at any point
uninstall yourself
>>
>>421011

Surely someone's made a CIA edit of this image
>>
>>433840
Court Physician Pavel, I'm HRE
>>
>no albanian culture
wtf?????????????????
>>
>>433371
IIRC CK3 uses some region-based multithreading witchcraft to make performance scale better with map size
I remember back after release the game’s day tick was sanic speed, and what stuttering there was happened on pause too and only on the 3D zoom levels so it was probably graphics/rendering related

So long as you’ve got a multi-core processor adding more stuff shouldn’t be as bad as it was in CK2
>>
>>421011
>Bought delux
Worst investment ever
>>
How long did it take before they started churning out DLCs for CK2?
>>
>>433869
what your Abbasid clothing pack wasn't enough to tide you over until 2022?
>>
>>433870
https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Downloadable_content
Sword of Islam at four months, Legacy of Rome at eight months, The Republic at 11 months. More than a dozen graphics + music packs within the first year.
>>
>the last dragon in Godherja was named Arthenax
literary genius
>>
new dev diary
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/crusader-kings-3-dev-diary-49-a-cold-embrace.1458798/
>>
>>434338
i like the visuals but that's it really
>>
>>434338
>it snows now lol
wow its fucking nothing
>>
>first DLC release is just a cavalry nerf and more tedium during war
>this took half a year
lol!
>>
>>434609
the dev said it was just part of the free update
>>
>>434611
shut up let me seethe
>>
>>434338
Why wasn't this in the game at launch? It was in CK2 ages ago.
>>
>>434799
I know they said they took some things out to give them more time to rework them. Hopefully that'll mean winters are more significant than in ck2
>>
>>433663
Other than the guy you're replying to hatin on us Indians, he's right. Its bloat.
>>433787
We pirate their games. Johan can suck it
>>
>>434338
>another heavy cav nerf

What's the fucking point of going heavy cav ever?
>>
>>421011
>This game is already dead, isnt? What happened?
Honestly, I haven't notice. It bore me already months ago. Game is too difficult. Succession laws are broken. Though I know Im not the average Paradox Fan.
Im sure there must be some other reason for the majority of players.
>>
>>434338
>Winter comes in three different variants; mild, normal, and harsh.
Wow, just like CK2, Imperator and EU4,

also:
>300 likes
but no disagrees
suspicious
>>
>>434970
>Game is too difficult
lol you are retarded the game is easy as fuck
>>
>>434979
They turn it off for some announcements in a seemingly random way, which is really fucking cringe and a horrible look honestly
Which is why completely stupid design decisions like Vietnamese becoming Chinese and other wacky choices
>>
>>434990
ate part of my post there

Which is why completely stupid design decisions like Vietnamese becoming Chinese and other wacky choices don't get the disagrees that people give them, they just get hidden
You can try it right now, give it a disagree and watch nothing happen at all lol
>>
>>434970
>Game is too difficult.

lmao wut
>>
>>435003
lol, I guess last week was a PR disaster and they won't take any chances, it most certainly wasn't the first time dev diary got mostly disagrees, for example, CK2 dev diary about pacts got nothing but disagrees
>>
>>435015
honestly, it stupid, why even include as part of the forum if devs themselves get butthurt from it? message is clear, the input should only be positive, I'm sure it is going to prevent people from review bombing the upcoming DLC which will cost 20€ and inlucde 3 mechanics nobody asked for, maybe they'll include a decision invite glitterhoof to your court
>>
>>435021
pretty sure you can already get a magical horse in ck3
>>
>>435026
or perhaps "gender" reassignment surgery decision? The game file still define every character to be male or female with "is_female"-setting found from history/characters-folder. What about intersex?
>>
>>435035
>"gender" reassignment surgery
itll come with the jewish religion overhaul
>>
File: 1596885146493.jpg (51 KB, 900x900)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>421049
>while the CK3 dev team was formed by hiring redditors that only cared about "look at this funny lesbian horse Pope kek!"
>>
>>435131
how dare you insult the kikes like that anon
>>
>>435008
>>434970
>Succession laws are broken
blobbing tribe fag detected im glad the made partition confederation the locked default
>>
>>434338
>more useless shit that no one cares about and the AI will definitely not be able to understand
I guess that's one way to respond to complaints that there haven't been any game-related DDs. I was originally worried that they were going to go into full jew mode with DLCs after CK3 came out, but instead it just looks like they done nothing since last September. What is happening over at Paradox?
>>
>>435879
they spent most of the winter months watching snow fall outside the office until they felt they TRULY understood snowfall on a deep, fundamental level.
>>
>>421613
fuck off, chink
>>
File: lol.png (1 KB, 215x60)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>trash DD
>pic related
PDX isn't even trying anymore
>>
>>436099
idk mate they have to try pretty hard to keep fucking up this much
>>
File: 1608420981938.jpg (40 KB, 426x640)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
bonus damage during winter for men at arms?? how does it work? they become angrier because of the harsher conditions?
>>
>>434970
>Game is too difficult
Literally the easiest PDX game to blob second only to Stellaris, the king of dead AI.
>>
>>436136
Represents them not getting fucked as hard as everyone else.
>>
>>435818
Partition confederation encourages blobbing. If you want to maintain any kind of centralized power base you basically need to conquer enough land for your non-heirs to rule.
>>
>>430207
Office bully
>>
>>430207
she looks like prime girlfriend for a couple months material, qt and nagging
>>
I just want japan in ck3 like the weaboo i am
>>
I haven't played since release, have they fixed the non-stop meme heresies?
Is there a mod that fixes them?
>>
>>437190
how the fuck do you get bullied by an ugly girl?
>>
>>438792
bullying doesn't need to be physical
>>
>>427538
>no societies
Cringe satanists or a repititive 5 event story with shit bonuses
>no 768 start date
Good, that start was BROKEN in ck2

The rest is fair
>>
>>437190
God I wish she'd bully me
Imagine her grabbing you by the throat when nobody is looking and demanding that your nerd ass does her assignment too then teasing you for getting a boner
>>
>>439137
they need to add the shit they had in the og start date with ck2 where you could move the timer day by day and pick different shit like the first kingdom of Jerusalem or the Latin empire
as for Satanist and societies since you can already make your own religion they should just have a negative devotion chart and let you found a anti religion of your original one
>>
>>439659
>they need to add the shit they had in the og start date with ck2 where you could move the timer day by day and pick different shit like the first kingdom of Jerusalem or the Latin empire
not coming back, their data showed that only 1% of people started outside of 1066 and 869 in CK2, that shit would need constant support
>>
File: Rome.png (3.93 MB, 1733x1072)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB PNG
EZ PZ
>>
>>439695
Really? I picked random dates most of the time
Weird af
>>
>>439695
soulless
>>439659
soul
>>
>>421011
For me there is literally nothing to do in this game. Like it's just a snooze, it's only fun for maybe what? 3 hours? The only reason I even bought (big mistake) this game is because my friends said they wanted to play multiplayer. (Which never happened.)
>>
Ooh they're adding winter, like they had in EU1. Excellent.
>>
>>439695
that's total bullshit
maybe 1% of people played in random start dates, but all the set ones have a fair amount of playability
iron century has quickly risen as one of my favourite starts, and 768 is fun sometimes for some wackyness
the only ones i really don't touch much at all are the ones post-1066, except for occasional small campaigns like playing the ottomans and things like that

anyways yeah the random in-between ones are unfeasible to maintain
>>
File: Rome.png (3.24 MB, 1536x864)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB PNG
its just so easy bros....
>>
>reinstall ck2 after a while
>unite ireland in 40 years
feels pretty nice
>>
>>440082
isn't kinda boring just declaring war and raising your levies and overwhelming the enemy? I personally, found it more interesting to use mercs exclusively
>>
>>421049
rent free
>>
>>440082
Am I the only one thinking this new map style is shit
>>
im so happy this game failed desu dam
>>
>>441858
Did it?
>>
>>440459
I just use my man at arms
>>
>>442745
that can teleport, remember how retinue could teleport in CK2, oh wait...
>>
>>428017
the 769 start is the best start in CK2, retard
>>
>>421109
People like this!
>>
>>421616
I don't think that would help the game at all.
>>
>>421011
Just go back to CK2 already, the mods are calling...
>>
File: 11345663234.jpg (15 KB, 200x200)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>424372
please... no... more... m a n a . . .
>>
File: 1543151061752.png (337 KB, 576x590)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>>421011
>sequel doesn't even include half of the stuff the previous game had
WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT? THE MAP IS HIDEOUS, ONLY 2 BOOKMARKS AND THERE ISN'T SHIT TO DO. NO LATIN EMPIRE EVENT? SUCK MY DICK
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SHITTY MEME CHARACTER CREATOR. FUCKING CUNTS
>>
there is so much mismanagement and paradox, it's kinda funny-
>>
>>442917
it's the worst
>>
>>427538
half of that shit is retarded bloat and it's good that it's gone
>>
>>441858
I'm not, because now all the good modders decided to work on this trash instead of CK2.
>>
>>429697
Looks pretty normal and perhaps even too normal for a nerd company making geek shit for dorks. I can't even spot a definitive tranny, defying my expectations. futa fapsters and other degenerate perverts-cum-reactionary closetfags may have sharper instincts for detecting them than I do, in which case, enjoy the content you freaks
>>
>>445097
ayy...
>>
>>424023
Do you think she has ever played a Paradox game?
>>
>>441781
No.
>>
File: 20200617153345_1.jpg (1.13 MB, 2560x1440)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>441781
No, it's fucking awful. It looks extremely squished horizontally (looking at Poland and the Baltic coastline feels very uncomfortable) and the colours are way too vivid and shiny. CK2's more matte map colour was unironically much better, and both HIP and WTWSMS made the map feel special (Pic related is the 476 start date for WTWSMS, there's just something about the map that really gets the 'dark ages' theme across).
>>
>>440082
It's only slightly easier than CK2, mainly due to them having Primogen as they should.
>>
>>447815
WTWSMS would suit Imperator far better
>>
>>443522
We need less content!
>>
>>446270
No, and judging by >>429697 paradox doesn't even play paradox games.
>>
>>447858
We need fun, realistic content, not the same 5 hermetic society events every year boosting your learning to 50
>>
This game fucking sucks, I don't know how any of you could rationalize buying it after it has clearly shown even before release that it was not better than it's predecessor.
>>
>>447853
Imperator would be better if it was a bit more like CK2.
>>
>>447862
Wiz and DDRJake do. Before joining Paradox and becoming the lead of EU4
Wiz was CK2 modder, his main mod was CK2+, and DDRJake keeps streaming his private EU4 games, but seems like he is more more interested in abusing game than actually playing it.
>>
>>448060
Like what? The character CK2/3 is shit, and I don't know why people masturbate to it. Not that Imperator's is better, but sitll.
>>
>>448060
It depends on which way they take it. If the make characters a bit more interesting and made disloyalty a lot more interesting (rogue generals bringing your country closer to war, disloyal governors building private armies, etc.) then that would be great. However, I think the focus should defnitely be a lot closer to the pops/nation side of the game, and the second they make it all about dynasty and incest then the game will immediately turn to shit.
>>
>>448072
>>448089
Proper family trees and more character to character interactions and we would be gold.
What's the point of Imperator if I can't play Cleopatra, seduce Antony and burn down Rome.
>>
>>448100
>Proper family trees and more character to character interactions and we would be gold.
So, CK2/3 great character system comes down to family trees and one particular scheme?
You complain about lack of character interactions, but character interactions are very limited, most of the time you have the great options:
>send gift
>give land
>give ward
>arrange marriage
very rich
>>
>>448060
completely disagree, i wish it was more like victoria and eu4. the ck2 aspects feel tacked on and take away from the gameplay IMO
it also needs ck3's tooltip system badly
>>
>>447815
CK2 was one of the only fucking maps to get it right that Sicily is below Tunis, and then we regressed
>>
>>448119
And character traits and events too. Basically, a better integrated family tree system would actually make me care to play Imperator. I can't stand other pdox games, because they are just map painters and spreadsheet shit, characters actually add rpg/sims element to it.
>>
>>421011
I don't know what you're all trying to imply, the success of this game makes it very clear they will milk it to dust for at least a decade.
I'd be very surprised if there's a CK4 before 2030.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.