[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 223 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 400px-Collage3box.png (149 KB, 400x200)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
why is it so unique?

whether u think the game is a litany of indecipherable mechanics, a reddit tier mappie painter, or a broken and incomplete hodgepodge of ideas, we can agree that vicky is certainly unique. at the very least, there are no direct competitors.
why is this?
a house divided was released in 2012, yet a small but active playerbase is maintained to this day. this month's peak players at 2276.
why has no other company attempted to seize this market?
>>
>>387029
It’s an enigma of a game. Not even the people who made it understand it. Shame how there will never be a good Victoria 3 because Paradox has gone down the drain in recent years.
>>
>>387029
Not really HoI4 does many of the same things like production of goods being a real mechanic although HoI4 does not have consumer goods specifically that is just because the focus of the game is war.
>>
>>387029
Because it is the only good strategy video game ever made.
>>
File: 1607665091531.png (3.75 MB, 1000x7000)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB PNG
>>387029
It covers up its jank surprisingly well. Most people don't understand the ways in which the economy is broken, they just know that for some reason it takes forever to get resources to build troops or whatever at some point.
>>
Another thing about the game is that it does the indirectness of government really well. National focii and the budget are your tools, and they're somewhat hands off and have trade-offs.
>>
>>387062
HoI4 has nowhere near the same level of detail
>>
File: 1604409407373.png (1.26 MB, 813x680)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>387087
>>
>>387087
rollin
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
>for some reason it takes forever to get resources to build troops or whatever at some point.
Stop playing HPM.
>>
>>387727
>Stop playing HPM.
But it's shittier without it.
>>
>>387029
>why is it so unique?
pops and organic economy, no other strategy game ever attempted something like it
>>
>>387727
It's not like this wasn't a problem in vanilla too. Besides, half of it is the player not understanding the trade-offs they are making. It's going to take longer to train a hussar or an infantry regiment than some militia or cavalry.
Though the AI is too pacifist for there to be any reason why you wouldn't want to just take a long time to build a good army and then get to throwing your weight around.
>>
>>387745
Your soldier pops move around so much at the start too. Anything fielded in the first few years in almost assured to go red or yellow.
>>
>>387062
>like production of goods being a real mechanic
Not even close
There are 3 types of generic production buildings and a handful of resources used only to produce military goods, with production being a static feature of map regions and only changeable by focuses or decision that are barely affected by the actual state of the ongoing game
It's shit
>>
>>387062
HoI4 has pops?
>>
>>387763
No, I think he's saying how he likes the factory abstractions in HoI4. It works well for actual war materiel, but it's nothing really like Vicky.
>>
>>387087
Roooollando
>>
>+20 immigration
>>
File: 20210125_230521.jpg (281 KB, 720x1129)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
countries for this feel? i want to try out the crimean blood&iron mod
>>
For a cromagnon? Basque country
>>
File: 20200928_210323.jpg (36 KB, 295x423)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
this is me. say something nice
>>
>France takes Algeria from Turkey, and almost every year England annexes another Indian principality: none of this disturbs the balance of power; but when Russia occupies Moldavia and Wallachia, albeit only temporarily, that disturbs the balance of power. France occupies Rome and stays there several years during peacetime: that is nothing; but Russia only thinks of occupying Constantinople, and the peace of Europe is threatened. The English declare war on the Chinese, who have, it seems, offended them: no one has the right to intervene; but Russia is obliged to ask Europe for permission if it quarrels with its neighbor. England threatens Greece to support the false claims of a miserable Jew and burns its fleet: that is a lawful action; but Russia demands a treaty to protect millions of Christians, and that is deemed to strengthen its position in the East at the expense of the balance of power. We can expect nothing from the West but blind hatred and malice...
>>
>>387062
Want me to explain how I know you're underage?
>>
im done with the mod. its blood and iron + hpm reforms (except for conscription reforms) + fixed crimean war + some bandi issues fixed:
https://pastebin.com/9Zrttvwz
if you encounter issues, doesnt matter if they are related to my changes or if they are inherently bandi issues, tell me and ill fix them.
>>
Because it is the only game wich plays itself.
>>
>>387951
Fuck you you red fucking piece of shit wedge on my pie-chart
>>
>>387956
Why?
>>
>>387959
meanie...
i try my hardest
>>
>>387087
rolling, give me gross braziliums
>>
It feels overrated to me. I went through a five hour tutorial to learn the game but you don't really need to utilize that many of the mechanics from what I've played.
>>
>>387087
Fug it. I could play it again
>>
>>387954
Because I don't have nostalgia glasses for Victoria 2?
>>
>>387029
I would play it but it has sprites. I dont like sprites. Spites equals dumb. Give me Nato counters. I am not going to negotiate on this.
>>
>>387029
>yet a small but active playerbase is maintained to this day. this month's peak players at 2276.
>why has no other company attempted to seize this market?
Wow, 2000 players who bought a game once, at less than full price. One could almost hire a single developer to work full-time on it for a few months.
Imagine the endless possibilities of a single developer working on a game for a few months.
>>
>>387029
It obviously scratches an itch for many players. I am just not sure I want to know where that itch is located.
>>
>>388283
this is intellectually dishonest
>>
>>387087
Care to share why the economy is broken? Most people i've heard say this are retards with a surface level understanding of the mechanics.
>>
>>388350
it's not broken, although it has some issues
a lot of the people who say it's broken are just sharing myths which they believe to be real
>>
>>388364
clearly someone hasnt read the nurse reno economic guide
*laughs in reddit*
>>
>>388367
spudgun sucks
>>
>>388350
it is broken spheres dont work properly
>>
yes, you're exactly the problem
>>
>>388369
Can you expand on why you think that is?
>>
>>388368
yeah, hes pretty bad at the game and his content is pretty boring. for babbies first exposure to vic 2 mp its not a terrible starting point though.
>>
>>388369
And yet there's no proof other than some guy screenshoting the trade screen (which ia buggy) after tag switching(which causes even more bugs)
couldn't even bother to look at the savefile
reddit methodology
>>388367
>>
>>388387
>Admits that it's broken
>B-but you can't prove its broken
If the ui is broken then it's broken.
>>
>>388387
The test was conducted with multiple people on the different countries, and the reno guide doesn't say spheres work improperly
>>
>>388407
and yet his only proof is 2 screenshots showing the ever unreliable trade screen, not even bothering to open the save file to check or leaving it available for everyone to download
sounds to me like he's just bullshitting huh, turns out goods don't get duplicated out of thin air for no reason
>>
>>388412
They did repeatedly in every test done t. was in the discord
>>
you're automatically wrong because you're a d*scorder
>>
damn straight, I organize all my Vic 2 mps over usenet
>>
damn straight, i think infamy trading is a completely logical mechanic to have and is totally not absolutely retarded
love discord and reddit
>>
>>387062
This hurt to read
>>
why come
revanchism is available in 1836
yet general revanche only began his service in 1856????

checkmate, vickytards
>>
i downloaded vicky 2 a long time ago and got bored. can someone link me a pastebin with all the mods and expansions i need to make it fun
>>
>>388728
You need both expansions. It's trash without them.
Play a couple of games unmodded (Prussia and USA are good for beginners) to get acclimated and then try HPM (search historical project mod github).
>>
t.alex
>>
>>387953
Yes? The guys with the biggest dicks decide the rules.
>>
File: 1611702573012.gif (1.41 MB, 330x275)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB GIF
>>388251
Surface level understanding would be my bet.
>>
>>388364
>>388350
If I recall it is because pops dont use money. Either way money piles up somewhere during game. There is something that happens moneywise by lategame. There is an amazing article with deep analysis of the reason why. Sadly I cant remember or find it.
>>
>>389035
Pops do use money, the problem is late-game tax efficiency means the AI sucks all of it into treasuries where it does nothing.
There is a mod that fixes this by forcing money back to pops via event as a "tax refund". It has to be edited a little because otherwise there's a bug where countries won't build armies, but it almost completely solves the money problem otherwise.
Oh, and it increases cash from gold and reduces the amount gold miners keep, but HPM does that too in the latest version. That way there's more money in general.
>>
how do i become op as canada?
>>
>>389108
u need jacobins to become a republic, then u need universal sufferage
>>
>>387048

>Not even the people who made it understand it

Whas it made by a fucking time traveler or some shit??
>>
>>387029
>play France
>fight war against the UK over some colonies
>end up occupying the British Isles completely
>occupy for as long as i can, unemploying all their craftsmen and crashing their economy
>huge communist uprising of unemployed craftsmen triggers in the UK
>end war, bring my boys home
>the UK flips communist
>AI is worse at playing communist countries
>UK never economically recovers, spends decades as a secondary power before somewhat recovering to a position as a lesser great power
>>
>>393946
Did that many times as China to Russia, Germany and France. It basically destroyed them as economic competitors forever and usually leads to hilarious things like Mexico, Japan and/or Brazil taking their place. Also, this drives emigration from the places to the Americans in general, the US in particular. Also, mass starvation in sieged out provinces. Total war/10, would siege the crap out of economic competitors again.
>>
>>387087
ral
>>
>>387087
ROLL
>>
>>387029
>this month's peak players at 2276.
That's just Steam.
I've got mine in boxed version. Still playing.

As for why it's unique - how many excel spreadsheets you ever saw dressed up as a strategy game?
>>
>>387062
Nigga, do yourself a favour and play Vicky 1 or 2 for like 15 minutes and tell anyone with straight face it's anything like HoI, not to mention HoI4
>>
>>387959
>Artisan
>Red
... what?
>>
>>388283
>Game is decade old
>Still has active playerbase on steam
>Still has active playerbase outside of steam
>Still has VERY active forums, both official and non-official
>HURR NOBODY PLAYS DURR
Reminder that more recent. "successful" Paradox titles attract about 10k players around patch and then drop to 3-4k afterwards. Reminder that back in early 10s, Vicky had players counted around 30k.
Reminder Imperator: Rome, despite being hyped to space, can't even hold 1k players
>>
>>393995
>Imperator Rome
I fucking love reading the collective cope on official forum from the small handful of people that still delude themselves that this game is good and/or can be fixed. Especially ever since Bronze Age Mod got moved to CK3 and what was somewhat active playerbase (if mod-centric, KR style) turned to few guys still coping about spending money on a trash game two years after premiere. You know the game is borked beyond repair when the dev team just gives up and asks people behind the only thing keeping it alive to move to another game, offering them free access to it, just to silently kill I:R without anyone even noticing
>>
>>387745
>open defines
>set AI aggressiveness to 500
>wtf, 20 wars in the first three months of 1836
>after 1890 there's a world war every five years, the fuck
>uncivs try to gobble up as much as possible
>Germany, Austria, France destroy each other in never ending wars
>every major fields armies of at least 500 units
Consequences will never be the same.
>>
>>387087
VGH
>>
>>387062
you're a retard
>>
>>394088
88 indeed

>>387087
rollan
>>
>>394004
>just to silently kill I:R without anyone even noticing
There's a major patch coming with a "relaunch" of the game. They will probably drop it shortly after but they haven't killed it yet.
It's not good but there are several posters here that excessively hate the game to the point of lying about it, as if the truth isn't enough to make it a shit game.
>>
>>394398
>There's a major patch coming with a "relaunch" of the game
You mean the incoming one? That's a THIRD "relaunch" patch, anon. And my point is that's the final one, after it the game will be just simply discontinued.
I gave up on Menander. Up until that I was still having a faint hope they are going to at least try to band-aid the game. Then Menander came out and I realised it's over a year and the game is still a complete mess, with ever-changing goals of what to even do with it. And unlike this patch, there was a genuine anticipation that yeah, this game can be salvaged and the patch notes look promising. Then it came out and... pretty much everyone left.
>>
>>393980
>boxed version
didnt know people could be that old, sorry anon
>>
It was what some people call a happy accident, when true creatives riff for the sheer hell of it and something wonderful and inexplicable is produced, like improvised jazz, there's no way to recreate it, those unique circumstances, that particular group of minds, the atmosphere, the mood, the levels of intelligence and brilliance of the shared creative vision.

Paradox today is a bland politically correct corporation obsessed only with making money and pushing globohomo, there's just no chance they could ever hope to come close to this enigmatic masterpiece or anything like it ever again.
>>
Viccy 2 stands as a tombstone for Paradox of old, a reminder of what is possible when you don't make trannies the norm.
>>
>>397045
>Sequel to another game
>Unique
>Rest of the post follows, barking at all the wrong trees
Consider suiciding yourself
>>
>>397052
s I said, it was a riff, they took existing ideas and just went wild, that's what Jazz is, it's not truly original music, it's an interpretation of something that already exists, infused with something new and filtered through the hearts and souls of the musicians, or in this case the coders.

You are an imbecile and probably homosexual.
>>
File: brenlet.jpg (18 KB, 558x614)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>397052
>>
>>397051
>when you don't make trannies the norm.
interesting when most of the people that play the game are trannies
>>
>>397062
Hardly, all the trannies are playing Stellaris and HOI4, and the real hardcore trannies, those on the cusp of joining the 43% are all playing Imperator.
>>
>>397066
>are all playing Imperator.
dont be silly, noone plays that game
>>
>>397066
>and the real hardcore trannies, those on the cusp of joining the 43% are all playing Imperator
Don't forget CK3, that's the last thing they boot up.
>>
>>397055
>Here, let me talk more random bullshit
Vicky 2 was the first "corporate" game they've made, with committees handling things, you disgusting newfag. There was nothing "organic" about it. It was pre-planned and executed according to said plan. The only difference between Vicky 2 and all games that followed was that it was intended to be a finished product on release, and not a DLC-selling platform. That's literally it.
>>
>>397068
Steam reports about 600-700 people.
Which I still find dubious.
But the best part is when you enter the official forum and read the posts under all the dev diaries. It's like those people live in some alternate dimension, where Imperator is the best thing since sliced bread.
>>
>>397073
He's done a number on you lad, best to just leave it be.
>>
File: n6t1lwqdfjyy.png (728 KB, 1218x924)
728 KB
728 KB PNG
>>397075
Remember, Paradox spends more on PR than on actual development.
There's a literal army of faggots and trannies out there right now, running PDX games minimized in the background to clock up hours in order to give their concocted review some weight, all while they enthuse on public platforms about how incredible the new games are and how overrated the classics have become.
>>
>>397077
idk why every criticism of paradox is followed up by tranny faggot tranny faggot
gets kinda tiresome no?
>>
>>397082
If you're a tranny and a faggot I guess it could, wouldn't know for sure though. If you find it tiresome try to stop being a tranny/faggot or choose not to care.

Paradox did this to themselves by so brazenly embracing the Globohomo agenda while purging their ranks of white male talent before replacing them with talentless low iq trannies and faggots.

There's a graph somewhere that shows a direct correlation between the decline in Paradox game quality and the increase in tranny fag hiring rates.
>>
>>397088
DAE VOTE TRUMP?!?!?
>>
>>397090
Nope, Viktor Orbán
>>
>>387087
rolling for 44
>>
>>397090

And this is why I love /vst/ so fucking much, it's the only place on the internet where we can speak truthfully about the state of the corporations that are busily wrecking much loved franchises, and the shills hate it, I'm not talking just about calling out the trannies and faggots who absolutely do infest the likes of CA and Paradox now, although it's great we can call them out on it as that shit needs to be said, but we can actually criticize everything else that's gone wrong too, the terrible state of these company's as developers and game designers, the lack of any real creativity or talent that is so glaringly obvious to anyone who played their earlier stuff, without fear of being banned or blocked or seeing our posts deleted.

The shills and fanboys have their safe spaces, their official forums, even Steam is turning into an establishment gatekeeper of critical opinion now if it's aimed at any of the big boys, but here we can say it like it is, using the same language we use when speaking among ourselves in Teamspeak channels and whatnot, we can say openly that the games that came out of Paradox and CA etc in the last 5-10 years are fucking dogshit, and any devs or fanboys or shills who are dumb enough to come here to read the truth can't say or do shit about it except rage and scream and make weak straw man arguments from behind their gritted teeth.

Vic 2 is a great fucking game, no it's not perfect, yes it has many flaws, but the experience of playing it is truly fantastic and unique and it's a much loved classic because of that, and nothing that Paradox shits out of its corporate arsehole now is going to be looked back on with anything like the same levels of affection, and Paradox fucking knows it and they don't fucking care.

If that obvious truth pisses you off - so fucking what? Nobody gives a shit about your feelings faggot, go get a fucking backbone you pathetic piece of shit.
>>
>>397147
Based.
Based as fuck.
I have hundreds of hours in Hearts of Iron 3 and Victoria 2. I even played a lot of EU4 before I realized that game was shallow as a puddle. Then Hearts of Iron 4 came along, I saw a few videos of it which made me realize it was streamlined dog shit. Now Paradox is pretty much dead and Victoria 3 is guaranteed to be awful.
Same thing with Total War. Played the everloving shit out of Medieval 2. Loved the Kingdoms DLC. I then picked up Rome 2 a few years later and all that goodwill was evaporated.
>>
>>397147
I'm not the anon you replied to.

I wouldn't lump CA and Paradox together, the latter is much worse in both quality of games and business practices. I did not say CA is good, mind. CA bad.

That aside, posters like you won't let people talk about games you don't like without constantly reminding them that they are shit. This isn't about not wanting to see criticism, but look at the Imperator threads and it's 90% useless "lol shit game" posts and you can't even discuss the (few) pros and (many) cons in a meaningful way.

You see any attempt to have a normal discussion about a game you don't like as tranny safe space corporate dicksucking, even if it isn't. In fact, you're going to accuse me of doing just that.
>>
>>397147
omg
holy based
I heard this music playing in my head as I read that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhnMd1Jl7SA
>>
>>387087
rooolerpikm
>>
>>397147
Based and truthpilled.
>>
>>387087
Rollan
>>
>>387087
rolerino
>>
>>397162
>That aside, posters like you won't let people talk about games you don't like without constantly reminding them that they are shit. This isn't about not wanting to see criticism, but look at the Imperator threads and it's 90% useless "lol shit game" posts and you can't even discuss the (few) pros and (many) cons in a meaningful way.
This. I hate all the "newer" paradox games but a lot of parafags, both new and old, can't seem to have a meaningful discussion about anything. If you make 1 opinion that goes against the CCP's clearly defined vision you get screeched at by every autist on this board. Every conversation goes something like

>I like HoI4's equipment and factory system
>HoI4 is a shit game to nigger tranny go kys or play DH or HoI3 instead hurr I can't believe you're shilling for HoI4 this hard UGH!
>Ok, sure it's not a great game but this mechanic is definitely better and maybe after a few mods or if another developer tries making HoI3 with this mechanic it would be better
>NOOO! HoI4 is a bad game and every mechanic is bad and HoI3 is literally God's gift from the heavens without a single flaw or thing to improve!

At this point, the counter-shills have become the shills themself, just for a different game. It's a sad reality, anon. And, for what it's worth, I also think Imperator currently is better than any of the newer paradox games (HoI4, Stellaris, CK3). Now watch as the monkeys start rolling in to shill for 3 shit games because they couldn't refund Imperator: Mana.
>>
>>397520
>I also think Imperator currently is better than any of the newer paradox games
>It's the bestest turd of all the turds, so I'll eat it.
>>
File: EnXWwOHW8AM1uZ0.jpg (32 KB, 360x314)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>387087
>>
>>397531
I never said it was good, just better. Try shilling somewhere else, retard.
>>
File: transrage.png (174 KB, 300x300)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>397554
You're seething because he pointed out that you like to eat shit
>>
>>393401
there are rumors that the people at paradox no longer understand the spaghetti code that makes the economy and trade actually function, either due to loss of key personnel or just bad documentation.

remember that this is a game that lets you have your own stockpile, AND gives you a button to allow pops to buy from said stockpile, but ALSO has a huge warning on said button saying never to combine those two things because it can cause a complete crash of the global economy. theres bound to be some really weird shit in there that nobody really understands anymore.
>>
>>397555
>seething about invisible boodeyman game
>gets called out for being illiterate
>calls other people seething, clearly just coping
I don't have time to play your kiddy games anon. Go ahead and make another reply just to prove me right.

also
>he
Nice try samefag.
>>
>>397580
Those aren't rumours anon, and it's not just the economic stuff, there's nobody there now who understands any of the older foundational code, nobody, that's why new games are always hollowed out husks, it's why every time they attempt to add something it breaks countless other things. literally chimps trying to figure out how a jet engine works.
>>
>>397589
How is that? I understand Vicky 2's code quite well and I am IQ89 at coding. It is quite clear how the economy is supposed to work if you look at the code and how various production types are functioning ingame. I don't think I have become more intelligent over the past decade. Can it be codemonkeys at paracuck have become stupider?
>>
>>397147
This is a beautiful post
>>
>>397088
different guy here. personally im sick of people just using slurs constantly with no real point, and with such clear malice. i dont really like slurs generally, but simultaneously, this is 4chan. its one of the few places i can not care about all the shit i normally do; plus i like reinterpretation that 4chan has done to some slurs as well, like how "fag" became a term of endearment. that's interesting to me.

anyway, i want to come here to have a fun time and maybe have some discussions with human beings, and then i see children like you saying "tranny" and "faggot" constantly, unprovoked, and with clear venom. you dont even have the common courtesy to just be play acting as edgy for fun. if minorites freak you out, then whatever, but all you're really doing is just broadcasting to people, "I am very scared of these people, so much so that I am incapable of having any sort of discussion without mentioning them."

im not saying you have to like them. its just that by injecting so much hatred into your posts with no constructive point, along with clearly not desiring an actual response or dialog, you are destroying this board's ability to have actual discussions because we get bogged down in gay fucking discussions like this, or we devolve into retarded slap fights.

if you take one thing away from this post let it be this: YOU ARE GETTING IN THE FUCKING WAY OF ACTUAL DISCUSSION. SHUT UP AND TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

warn me or ban me or whatever, im just so fucking sick of not being able to get a thread that has real, meaningful discussion in it because of people like you.
>>
>>397147
I want to have your babies
>>
>>397520
>I also think Imperator currently is better than any of the newer paradox games (HoI4, Stellaris, CK3).
Hell I’d say this is indisputable, and I like CK3.
>>
File: rsgb eqatbetwwvb.jpg (239 KB, 1242x1202)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>397623
He's serious
>>
>>397623
Maybe you should understand that the vast majority of people dont hate minorities for what they are, they hate them for what they do.
>>
>>397623
You have to know that making this post is the sort of thing people who say tranny and nigger are trying to bait out right?
>>
>>397601
The paradox script you can open up and edit is not the code of the game itself.
>>
>>397601
>modders understand vicky 2's code better than paradox does
Would not surprise me
>>
>>387029

Mankind was not ready for this much autism.
>>
>>387087
Why does the australian commie flag say fucking "CUM"
>>
>>387087
hi
>>
>>387706
Rollin?
>>
>>397671
>AGEOD's take on 19th century
I can see the problems...
>>
>>387087
So which mods do I need to make any of this viable? Because I know for sure that PDM is not enough.
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>398075

Trying to bolt a gsg to an engine developed for operational scale, what could go wrong.

Among other things, turns resolution times that last several minutes even at the beginning of a campaign. Each turn represents 15 days. The game runs from 1850 to 1920.

I am not kidding when I say this the Campaign for North Africa of grand strategy and I doubt that anybody in the entire world, including its own developers, has ever managed to play a whole game to completion.
>>
>>398188
I think they might actually did it. A single play-through as an unified playtest of the game.
>>
>>397147
Thats not fair.

>nothing that Paradox shits out of its corporate arsehole now is going to be looked back on with anything like the same levels of affection, and Paradox fucking knows it and they don't fucking care.

They know it and it drives them up the fucking wall with rage and spite. Rightly so.
>>
>>397623
The point is to weed out people like you who'll cry and whine selectively pushing a community one direction until the safe space has been made big enough to try to kick the original people in a community out. People have wised up to it and are sick of it.
>>
>>387087
The economy isn't broken it's just never explained
>>
File: 1611472496862.jpg (42 KB, 411x418)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>397623
No way is this serious. How did you even type this and not blow your fucking brains out after conceiving of this Indian shitting street tier diatribe.
lmao
>>
>>397653
>have friends who are black
>no one gives a shit about black vs white
>the cops shoot some criminal
>all of a sudden people I don't even know think I'm racist based purely on my skin colour
activism is a cancer. my black friends don't get stopped frequently and have never even been arrested
>>
>>387087
rollo again form last thread
>>
>>387087
roll again because i will never play austria
>>
>>388373
mods mute you on his discord for saying retard and no no words

his moderation team is filled with literal faggots

there was a guy that got so offended by literal jokes that he said if anyone thought edgy stuff was funny he would ban them permanently lmao
>>
>>398446
No anon, they genuinely don't care. They have big enough audience of spastics now, that easily outnumbers their original fandom three-fold, to shit out whatever and still get money. They couldn't care less about quality of their content and ever since the corporate branch of Paradox (since it's essentially a gaming conglomerate and the dev studio is but a fraction of it) is calling shots in production, they are making crazy money on their games, rather than selling few thousand copies to their own fandom. Even if they bomb, like Imperator, they still make big buck on it regardless.
As for content? They couldn't care less. The game has to support DLC model and there is such massive turnover of manpower, they genuinely have no longer anything even resembling "experience developers", because average employee that isn't Johan stays in the company for 3-3.5 year and then simply quits, having nice point in resume that he worked on 4 different games that sold well.
Nobody cares and - bear this with me - that's a good thing. Because they are at least honest with themselves and keep their business going. That their original fandom is butthurt? They couldn't care any less, since said fandom meant they were non-stop on a verge of bankrupcy, despite providing more detailed and polished product that nowdays. Now they are peddling shit and openly so and that brings them big bucks, so why should they care about the quality or what that ever-shrinking fandom thinks? They are a fucking company that has to pay bills and wages. And that's all that matters.
>>
File: serioussam.jpg (61 KB, 258x387)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>397630
Sam Serious
>>
>>387087
>just know that for some reason it takes forever to get resources to build troops or whatever at some point.
Most players are too retarded to set a manual 2000 unit stockpile.
>>
>>397045
Thanks pal, you have just brutally trashed any hope for me.
>>
>>388269
They're 3D models, not sprites.
>>
>>399755
Most players don't even know that it's an option. Or that prestige and spheres decide access to resources. Sphering all rubber producers, while playing as Brits, is hilariously broken, because nobody can get the stuff and AI won't be able to build synthetic plants, because it's retarded.
>>
File: 1591461091449.jpg (379 KB, 638x1050)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>>398806
>>
>>387087
based
>>
>>397623
i agree, but only because the mention of trannies existing makes me sick to my stomach. you're a fucking faggot, though. shut up
>>
>>399852
Is this some American meme I'm too European to understand?
>>
>>398188
>Campaign for North Africa
>playtime: up to 1500 hours
>The game includes 1,800 counters, maps large enough to cover several tables, and a three-volume rulebook.
>A commonly cited example of the game's level of detail (noted in SPI's advertising) is that Italian troops required additional water supplies to prepare pasta.[2]
Wew, now that's some serious autism project. To even design game like that let alone having a "playthrough".
>>
>>393401
You have to understand that back then PDXs dev teams were very small. Vic2s code was written by a grand total of 7 people. The dude (forgot his name) that basically wrote the entirety of the economics mechanics left Paradox pretty soon after and apparently left almost no documentation on how the economy works. I think Wiz talked about it at some point, nobody in the studio has any idea how the vic spaghetti code actually works which is partly why the game never received any major updates outside a house divided.
>>
File: 1582258251432.png (145 KB, 626x800)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>399925
can't they read the code?
>>
>>388269
I don't think there are standardised distinct NATO counters for hussars, cuirassiers, dragoons and light cavalry but I'm prepared to be proven wrong.
>>
>>388350
https://www.reddit.com/r/victoria2/comments/aid6ez/solving_the_liquidity_crisis/
This for a start
>>
>>399933
pops have personal savings accounts in v2?
>>
Did anyone else play CK3 at release and then NOPED the fuck out? is it any good now?
>>
File: 1000x-1.jpg (74 KB, 1000x942)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>397605
>muh glorious 5 railways in 12 different gauges that lead from local mining operations directly to ports completely bypassing actual urban or manufacturing centers
woah,, ,, truly the hwhite man's burden is heavy,,, ungrateful savages,,, we were to good to them,,,
Shut the fuck up retard.
>>
>>399950
I noped out when it came out, but then I came back and it's not all that bad. It's just the UI and Map aren't great, and it obviously doesn't have a lot of the CK2 features (yet),
>>
>>393401
I think I read somewhere that the code got refactored so much or whatever that it became unreadable .
>>
>>398493
404: argument not found
>>
>>399930
I'm not sure most people understand that the relatively user friendly front end scripting modders use isn't the same as the actual code that keeps the game running.
>>
>>387087
Roll
>>
>>399972
yeah but you can still read it if you have it
it would just take effort
>>
File: Africa_railway_map_gauge.jpg (249 KB, 1472x1413)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>399960
Here, better map. Chinks initially came in with massive enthusiasm that yeah, we are going to connect half of Africa (read: the mines, obviously), only for having a reality check and are currently STILL struggling with what was intended to be a show investment for their One Belt, One Road scheme, the East African Railway Master Plan. Right now, it's a complete clusterfuck and that was long before corona fucked things up further.

With love, /n/
>>
>>400287
Also, this map is a bit outdated, since the South Sudan fixed part of their rail system (still just a single line going through the country) to reach slightly south of Wau, right above the "u" in "South" on this map
>>
>>400287
And I advise reading on the Mauritania "rail", because it's the peak clusterfuck of how awful the whole infrastrucutre in Africa is handled - by white people, not by locals. It makes Rhodes' plans to look sane and goodwill in comparison
>>
>>399925
That guy rejoined
>>
>>399925
>You have to understand that back then PDXs dev teams were very small
They still are, anon. HoI4 was made by 6 people, two of which were design artists, not programmers. The difference is how the whole thing is structured, being a DLC platform. So the production costs are still super low (barely any people involved), but the income is increased exponentially with each DLC, since first few are going sold for sure, providing a steady, yearly income from new sales for 4-5 years, before people get bored and game gets stale
>>
>>397601
>Confusing game script with game code
You are IQ 89, period.
>>
>>387029
Game developers are pretty liberal and have no interest in making a game that glorifies colonialism. White people bad.
>>
>>387087
rolling
>>
>>397623
saved
>>
>>397624
you'll never be a woman
>>
>>387029
how do you play this game
ive had it sitting for a while and i didnt understand what to do after 20 hours of play
>>
File: AJgay.jpg (86 KB, 318x488)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
My only issue is I wish the game was a little longer. Fascism gets treated like the last teammate recruit in a Persona game in a sense that by the time it shows up the game is almost already over.
>>
>>387087
Roll
>>
>>387087
rollino
>>
>>387742
So, can you just buy your enemies and go world-wide Zaibatsu without firing a bullet?
>>
>>403007
>what to do after 20 hours of play
Buy a better cpu so entire game wont take more than 6 hours
>>
>>403140
can't get shot if you buy all the guns
>>
>>387029
how the fuck do i play this
cant fucking build a single factory anywhere and everything is a slave state
no way to earn money but to decrease my military, admin and educational spendings to minimum
what the fuck do i do bros
>>
>>387087
imma do it
>>
>>397623
If you want to say that this place is full of comments like "that game is played by trannies so it's shit" without any arguments on why the actual GAMEPLAY and mechanics are bad, that's a reasonable point. But I also agree that HOI4 and other reskins of different time periods like CK3 are shallow and oversimplified to appease normies and that Paradox (and other non-indie developers) focused on meeting gender quotas rather than hiring quality staff.
>>
>>398451
It's never explained because probably the point of the game is making an effort to understand the mechanics and learning from your mistakes instead of being hand-held through the game experience.
Yeah HOI4, I'm looking at you
>>
>>387087
rollin
>>
File: Bless the Tsar.jpg (166 KB, 808x1200)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>403479
>79
Looks like God smiled upon me and gifted me the best possible playthrough.
>>
>>387087
Rolling
>>
>>387087
maybe I wont play russia this time for the 20th time in a row
>>
>>406370
DAMN
how do I play China in Blood & Iron while dealing with 0.2 infamy a month
>>
>>387087
rolling!
>>
>>387087
reroll, fuck poland
>>
>>387087
rollan
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
File: Screenshot_71.png (2.08 MB, 1320x819)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB PNG
>why is vicky so unique

because shit like this can happen over ALBANIA
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
reroll
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
File: queen.jpg (77 KB, 770x977)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Ok, se we all know that if Vic 3 is ever released, it will be garbage, but if we were in a timeline in which Paradox hasn't lost its soul...

Victoria 3 with a custom political party designer that follows the mechanical structure of the new CK3 religion designer: yay or nay?
>>
>>407993

I want:

>custom parties
>custom regions
>no more thousands of alliances per country
>countries inside the same sphere can conquer each other
>you can attract more immigrants
>and FUCK OFF with european and USA prestige spamming through decisions, either they earn it in the gameplay or they dont
>>
>>387087
rollin rollin rollin
>>
>>408153
FUCK
>>
>>397623
Thank you for the new copy pasta.
>>
>>397623
tranny faggot
>>
Anyone know how the bug in HPM where your money keeps disappearing forever (not just the cost) when you build the suez canal happens or how to avoid it?
>>
>>387087
Rolling, for God and Country
>>
>>408520
Fucking based
>>
>>387087
rolling
>>
>>408520
Based roll but it's practically impossible to get reactionaries to rebel twice as the USA.
Maybe mod some event chain for it idk
>>
>>387087
rolling
>>
>>408498
It's fixed in the development branch. You're probably not running that version.
It's also not infinite, it charged you twice. It stops eventually.
>>
Gonna buy it, which DLC's should I get? Not interested in any that don't improve gameplay.
>>
>>408706
There's only 2, and they're both considered mandatory. They add so much to the game mechanically that it's considered stupid not to get them.
>>
Does the naval attrition in HPM not apply to the AI? I guess he can't change the AI behavior, so they'd sudoku all their ships if they had the same attrition as players, but sucks when getting blockaded by France as Siam.
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
Roll.
>>
>>387087
Roll
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
role
>>
>>387087
Roll
>>
>>387087
rerole
>>
>>387087
Rollino again
>>
>>387087
Thanks for ruining the thread faggot
>>
>>387087
rollin
>>
>>394087
pics please
>>
>>388006
it's overrated
the timeline and the pops mechanics are great
but you have very little control over things and a some points is just stay afk waiting for things happen
autist pretend like them because they think its complex and feel smart playing with the pop graphs
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
What mod even is this chart using?
>>
>>393986
Not having needs met drive them to being socialist/communist
>>
>>399931
>what is kriegsspiel?
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
reroll
>>
I think today I'm gonna play germania.
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
What did grandi do to jingoism? I can never add extra war goals anymore.
>>
>>387087
rollino
>>
>>387029
I can think of a few reasons. One of them is political correctness.
>>
>>387087
kkkk
>>
File: 1415698908726.gif (999 KB, 480x275)
999 KB
999 KB GIF
>Ally declares a losing offensive war without asking me to join
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387062
holy fuck how can someone be this retarded
>>
>>394004
i never feel remorse about cracking a game, really dont give a fuck if i can not waste money on videogames (or anything, really, if i can save money, gg)
imperator and hoi4 are the reasons why not only i dont feel any remorse using steamapi and cracking other paradox games, but the reason why i do it completely willfully and happily
>>
>>397159
eu4 is godtier with meiou and taxes
>>
>>397623
look at this trannyfaggot
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>397147
eloquently put. even if you try venturing off this board to have an honest discussion about a game's downsides, the COONNNSSSUUMMMMEEEE brigade will just act like you are the crazy one with absolutely no rationality behind your opinions, not them. this board may not be anywhere near as active as others but its one of the few where ive been able to have genuine discussions without someone resorting to name calling, with the exception being children who love the warhammer total wars. they never seem to actually be informed when you discuss the series with them
>>
>>397147
based as fuck
>>
>>387087
32 get
>>
>>387062
>no cultures, education level, or labor level in pops
>it’s all war war war
>no complex economy
>no internal politics
You are a massive retard. Also HoI4 does technically have consumer goods (the amount that civilian factories make depends on your economy law) so you’re wrong there too
>>
>>397077
>>397088
>>397147
>trannies
>faggots
>jews
>corporations
>my views are the obvious truth, how can they not see that
Textbook schizophrenic behaviour
>>
>>387087
don't own vic 2 but rollink
>>
What >>387087 said is pretty accurate. IIRC, the devs themselves ended up with an indecipherable mess of economy code that would be easier to simply reconstruct rather than break apart. Also, having liberal party that doesn't allow you to be involved in the economy is basically a guaranteed setback for your economy, even though it shouldn't be. The "invisible hand of the free market" is only as good as the common sense of the one who owns that hand, and paradox doesn't know how to code an AI that does anything other than exist and go bankrupt constantly. For example, if not enough people are getting food, then demand for food skyrockets, therefore, shouldn't capitalists be making more food factories? Well, they're already investing in another project that's been waiting for 20 years cause it hasn't gotten any machine parts, so now people are starving, and the drives up militancy because no one could fill that demand. HPM in particular suffers from massive iron shortages if every GP doesn't research the damn thing as soon as its available. Victoria 2 is still good in many ways, but it desperately needs a sequel whether that be from paradox or a community effort to fix the jank in the game.
>>
>>413270
Jesus, what a clusterfuck of a post.
Laissez faire gets a huge (+20%) bonus to factory input, which means that if you have a diverse enough economy with enough resources secured within your own borders you can just let capitalists manage everything and it'll turn in more profit than state capitalism could ever dream of. And that's not just for USA, UK and Grobgermanium, even a country as small as Holland can set up lazy fairy properly considering the resources they have access to.
HPM suffers from iron shortages and critical overproduction of stuff like cotton which leads to complete depopulation of cotton-producting provinces. It's a bad mod, don't play it, or play an earlier version before things got broken.
>>
>>413970
There's a fix for the iron shortages on r*ddit.
The cotton thing is not due to overproduction, but due to dye provinces in india switching prematurely. This tanks the global supply of dyes so textiles can't be produced, which kills cotton demand. If you don't believe me, let a game run until mass emigration from cotton provinces starts, and check the dye province in bengal, which should now be silk. This can also be easily fixed.
The improvements in the new versions of HPM are well worth taking 10 minutes to fix those two issues.
Very surprising that you didn't know the real problem with cotton given how confidently you make your claims.
>>
>>414030
You're probably right about that cotton thing. I really don't want to touch nu-HPM with a ten foot pole ever again. The funny thing is that the RGO switch in India is supposed to represent the decline of natural dye production becaause of their replacement with synthetic ones, but it instead just causes a huge supply drop. Another thing is that that RGO switch was introduced years ago and only now does the depopulation actually happen.

And by G-d, would it take way longer than 10 minutes to the glaring HPM issues.
>>
>>387087
bravo rollan
>>
>>414048
What are the other big problems do you have with it? I've fixed most of my issues with it in my personal version.
What mod do you use instead?

Again on the cotton: I think overproduction does play a role when the dye RGOs switch. It makes the problem worse when it starts, but is not the cause.
>>
>>387087
Rollin
>>
File: Reichswehr.jpg (114 KB, 375x580)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>387087
roll
>>
I've been playing vic2 for the last 7 years, probably have about 4k hours into it if not more. It's honesty the easiest paradox game I'VE ever played, it just came to me unlike the other ones. I could never get into eu4 or hoi3, I have played hoi4 a decent amount but only when heavily modded. The thing that keeps me coming back to it is its POP feature, I love it so goddamn much and how in depth it is.
>>
File: d68.png (2.59 MB, 3000x2700)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB PNG
>>397623
You're on the completely wrong website if you want actual discussion
>>
>>387087
rolling again
>>
>>414933
Retards like you are the reason this place is garbage to begin with
>>
>>414933
name 1 website with better discussion
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>415520
4chan.org
>>
File: Honecker.png (530 KB, 591x854)
530 KB
530 KB PNG
>>387087
Based
>>
>>415600
Not going to that hellhole. I'll stick to 4channel.org thank you very much
>>
>>387087
pissman
>>
>>387087
We roll tonight
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387029
Don't type like a fucking tard.
>>
>>387087
reelling
>>
File: 1485144388446.jpg (91 KB, 1024x640)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>387087
I've only just started playing for the first time after coming from Hoi4, it's interesting.
>>
Any tips on making a robust army that can stand up to the Great Powers as a secondary power?
>>
>>387087
Gimme the goods
>>
>>387087
Just finishing a French game, so rolling again
>>
>>415520
>youtube comments
/v/ and it's spawn are shit
i fucking bet that a bunch of your nigger asses hasn't even played Victoria II
>>
>>418062
Build 4Art/1Hus/1Eng stacks and fill them with mobilised infantry to get a larger professional army.
>>
>>418543
Got it, thank you.
>>
What are the best army / navy units/set-ups?

Usually play HPM
>>
>>387048
They understand it fine, it's just that they don't understand how to make a version of it that isn't fucking broken.

>>387087
Is this for HFM or PDM?
>>
>>418836
The gold standard for an army is 4 infantry, 4 artillery a hussar (for recon) and an engineer (to deal with AI forts). Sometimes I also make small cavalry stacks to try to pull off encirclements (those are actually a thing in vicky).
Late game you can make a full stack of tanks to try to punch through entrenched enemies.
Airplanes have an absurdly high defence stat so they can be used instead of artillery in the stacks you use to bait the enemy into attacking. Alternatively you can replace the hussar with an airplane unit, since it also gives recon.
Naval combat is just doomstacking with the latest ships. Just build as much as possible from the biggest class available.
>>418870
It's for HPM, look at what you get if you roll 55.
>>
>>387087
Hmph
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
File: 1364229486495.png (27 KB, 300x300)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>397147
5 fucking star post my man
>>
>>387087
Rollin
>>
>>387087
roll!
>>
>>419045
>Autistic rambling about unrelated shit you're obsessed about
Nah, kill yourself
>>
>>397623
>warn me or ban me or whatever
This sentence alone is so pathetic. You're so used to your safe spaces where people get banned for any form of dissent that you think every single place has a similar policy.
>>
>>397623
>there are a million other websites you can go to that follow your gay code of conduct. Just fucking go there if you don't like you fag
>>
>>419446
>Can't even greentext properly
Sounds like you should be going to those places yourself, newfag
>>
>>419298
who are you?
>>
>>387087
rollerino
>>
>>387062
Vst used to be goddamn comfy wtf happened. No toxic stupidty here please
>>
>>387087
give me something based and hopefully new
>>
>>409350
>stay afk waiting for things to happen
Fi-fi-fi-filtered
Try playing a great power next time
>>
>>387087
How do you get the Spanish State flag in HFM?
>>
>>387087
let's roll
>>
>>421923
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZhF1l4jlDU&t=15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uflLr72Z0&t=5
Soul.
>>
>>387087
Mao time
>>
>>387087
rofl
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387959
He generates more tax revenue than a factory worker you know.
>>
>>387970
Hes just angry cause you dont want to accept the shitty life standards of a factory worker.
>>
>>421561
hes just baiting everyone. thats what happens when gsg invades :(
>>
File: 74map62jyep11.jpg (84 KB, 1065x859)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>387087
it better not be the fr*gs
>>
>>387087
Which mod?
>>
>>422998
Now I must know, since it's time to make uncle Ceausescu proud
>>
>>422999
the one and only HPM
>>
>>409366
It drives them to be reactionary, not socialist and definitely not communist.
Artisans are the worst, literally a thing that shouldn't be added to the game, and if so, with far better modifier for them to either demote or promote. Fuck those cunts, they are literally worthless 5 minutes after unpausing.
>mfw someone put a "Promote artisans" option in focuses
>>
>>422916
Up until about 1845.
From then on, I'd take literally any pop, but artisan.
And the moment minimal wages are introduced, they don't generate anything, but unrest. Fucking turn to clerks, you cunts, instead of bitching!
>>
>>387953
>Strong countries stay strong and weaker countries stay weaker
>Weaker countries are allowed to get stronger
Guess which of those maintains balance of power and which is a threat to it.
Because something tells me you don't understand what status quo actually is or who benefits on it.
>>
>>387087
roald dahl
>>
>>422973
If it was gsg it would be the "HoI4 was a success" copypasta
>>
>>422041
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4F1tJsZL0
S O V L
>>
what mods are good?
>>
>>388387
if spheres aren't fucked, then why does the economy crash if you sphere china in a war?
>>
>>387087
I'm new to Victoria 2. Are all these flags in HPM? Can you actually DO these things, or is it mostly fluff/roleplay goals?
>>
>>423297
but people are catching on, so he's gotta spice it up to get more yous
>>
>>423779
All the flags are from the alternate flag pack submod which is integrated into HPM (except the ISIS one maybe). Version 10 if I remember correctly.
All of it is RP goals but it boils down to "go X ideology" with an optional "expand to Y" which is what you do in game anyways.
All the dubs rolls are memes though.
>>
>>387087
Rolling rolling rolling
>>
>>400015
>just read 100K+ lines of code and try to make sense of it
It would take monumental effort. Though vic 2 community has plenty of autists with bunch of free time ready to do that. If only paradox would release source code it would be dream come true.
>>
>>387087
What is 55?
>>
>>387087
Roll
>>
>>424172
Iberia, but I have no idea why the dude is seething about forming it. It's super easy
>>
I put way too many hours in this game to ever play it again, I love it to death yet I just can't bring myself to play it anymore and it saddens me, nothing is new or exciting anymore I got to the point where I just play peacefully and max out my economy which I'm still shit at. I don't know what to play to scratch that itch, V2 popped my cherry and there isn't anything like it.
>>
>>424588
i'm assuming you've modded it
>>
>>424596
Not personally, no. I played HPM/HFM (early versions, back in 2014-2016. Apparently it's gone to shit what brief reading I've done) and Blood and Iron. The mechanics have been exhausted really, there's no more fun in taking a small minor power and becoming a GP. Booted up a game earlier and man I remember how shit and annoying having to deal with spheres are. Wish I could selectively wipe my memory and do it all over again.
>>
>>424676
i feel that way with a lot of games. just move on, maybe come back and try a new playthrough after a long break.
>>
>>424677
>i feel that way with a lot of games
It's a sad fate indeed.
It's been a few years now, the games burnt into my brain, maybe it is time to move on and just be happy of the time spent with it.
I sound like a huge faggot I know, I just love this game.
I'm tempted to try Eu4 just because it's something to play, I dont really know anything about it just I hate monarch points, I think it's a stupid mechanic, but I gotta say I like the time period and the huge timespan the game takes place.

Final note, how does EU3, EU2 and Victoria 1 stack up? Ive played pretty much everything else except these.
>>
Playing Vicky2 is more a form of meditation for me now than anything else, though sometimes I like to set myself unusual challenges to shake things up like kicking the British out of India as Portugal or something
>>
>>423773
It's not that "the economy crashes", it's that suddenly 100 million Chinese pops are competing on an equal footing with the other 200 million pops for resources. Unciv China acts as a sink for all the leftover resources after everybody else gets their share, if they get bumped to first in line then there aren't any resources left for everybody else.
>>
>>387087
Roll
>>
>>387087
Rollan
>>
>>387087
posting
>>
>>399960
wtf... white people come from the ocean... and their railways also originate from the ports they land at... how could they?????????
>>
>>407648
as opposed to happening over SERBIA as in otl
>>
>>425279
WWI really could have happened because of Albania
If Bulgaria backed the Serbian demands for Albania at the end of the first Balkan war, Austria would probably try to declare war on the Serbs.
And then the Russians would get involved and there you have it. Just one year earlier.
>>
>>387087
Rolling for something comfy.
>>
>>400349
https://www.igdb.com/games/hearts-of-iron-iv/credits

This site claims otherwise. HOI4 has a CORE TEAM of 6, but number of people who have worked on the game is much larger.
>>
>>387087
rollin
>>
>>387087
completed my last roll time for another
>>
Vickytards be like:
>teehee I gonna play with germany and form the reich for the 88th time
>>
>>387087
DPRK time
>>
>>387087
why not
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>427744
I have literally never played Germany or France in a gsg
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
Rolling
>>
>>397147
Based
>>
>>397147
>>397623
duality of man
>>
>>387087
rollin
>>
>>387087
rollin
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
posting
>>
>>424751
EU 3 is very fun, I recommend it over EU 4, especially if you like the flat 2D visuals more (like me). It's very unforgiving, unpredictable and almost always a bordergore mess. But that makes it more fun that EU 4 imo. Definitely try it (with all DLCs)
>>
>>387087
Roll
>>
>>424751
>actual EU2
Near unplayable on any PC build beyond 2010 or so, but it is a great game nontheless
>For the Glory, which is EU2 with AGCEEP and handful of QoL stuff
Everything good about EU2 with as many QoL enhancements they could cram into that ancient engine, along with option to run it with one of the most extensive mods done to old Paradox titles
>Vicky 1
Ugh
>Vicky with Ricky
Ugh
>Vicky with Ricky: VIP mod
Finally something that resembles playability. There is a reason why Vicky 1 is to date the worst selling Paradox title bar none. The only reason why we got Vicky 2 was a deliberate trolling of the oldfags in the fanbase on Paradox when Paradox was making a pool for their new, incoming game. Vicky 1 is so rought around the edges, it's tough to swallow even if you look through fingers on it. VIP mod is pretty much mandatory to find any joy in playing this piece of shit, vanilla is just void of anything going for your nation.
>EU3
Probably the best pick of the three listed and the final word in unmodded EU games. Play either Heir to the throne or Divine Winds, and make your own choice which one is better. There is a good chance you will understand the endless seething about how EU4 ruined things forever for Paradox after playing 3.
And if for whatever reason vanilla game doesn't appeal to you, there is always MEIOU mod to it (it started as mod for 3), which was so damn fucking good, Paradox seriously considered releasing it as a stand-alone game, before bunch of idiots voted for Magna Mundi instead and let's just not speak about the resulting shitfest
>>
File: 1561658972023.jpg (14 KB, 501x501)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>387087
>>
>>434248
Strongly disagree on Vic1. Always found it more engaging than Vic2.
>>
>>434111
>>434248
Does EU3 follow more historical path then EU4 fantasy?
>>
>>387087
Rolll
>>
>>434499
no, it's even more sandbox-y than EU4. There aren't focus trees or any of that crap, but missions that countries get randomly (a system that EU4 had in it's early stages too). Those missions point the most important countries into a direction, but mostly they do whatever they want. Very big countries also have the habit of imploding into nonexistence while minors can raise to having colonial empires.
I'd say if you care for historical accurancy, EU4 may be better. EU in general isn't suited for this though
>>
>>434401
I never said it wasn't engaging. I said it's rough and I said that there is virtually nothing going for specific countries. Unlike Vicky 2, a whole fucking lot happens only on manual, deliberate action of a player, so short from events, things won't happen on their own. And Vicky 1 in vanilla state lacks such events.

>>434499
What he said - it's sandbox as all fuck. What it does, however, is a splendid job at keeping the game going in all the outlandish scenarios it can create, while both EU2 and 4, for different reasons, can completely collapse due to RNG.

>>434693
To play devil's advocate, EU2 was very much railroaded, more than EU1, for historical accuracy. And if you play For the Glory those days, you are railroaded HARD for historical outcome, with ahistorical results being laughable minority.
>>
Somewhere in an alternative universe, Vicky 3 exists
>Factories are build on provincial, instead of state level, but have far smaller impact per unit
>Artisan populations operate on provincial scale, too
>The game has an actual party system, with political figures and ideologies that do affect things beyond tiny selection of stances on each issue
>Election events are far more numerous and less about railroading the outcome
>Pops "remember" the fuck-ups of the current government
>Government is a thing, with politicians in it
>There are other infrastructure buildings than railroad, so you can build roads, dig canals and similar, making it still a difference between a roadless taiga and carriage way in rural Belgium
>In similar fashion, workshops and old manufactures are a thing, too, allowing to do "basic" industrial output, but falls behind with tech and scale of factories
>Military is done up to scale, so nobody is impressed with a 40 mil country having a standing army of 30 thousand.
>Conscription is completely reworked, with ability to provide you with genuine army and a quality one with the right reforms
>Pops are reworked, so artisans demote properly, bureaucrats and clergy aren't on non-stop growth spiral and every educated pop can be a clerk
>Literacy and schooling are an actual system in the game, rather than a percentage for this or that pop growing at integrar
>So is health-care and social security, offering expensive, but really damn worth it boons
>Far, far, FAR more provinces
>Mix of 1 and 2 diplomacy, so you can even trade or give away provinces if you want to
>Spheres work properly, with sufficiently large countries being sphered on regional level, rather than wholesale (looking at you, China)
>Colonization is reworked, so now you have elements from 1 and 2 and you don't have a strict tech requirements, but doing it without proper tech and tech-related infrastructure is going to be unproductive and ungodly expensive in maintenance
Did I miss something?
>>
>>387087
ro
>>
>>387087
Roll
t. alex
>>
>>387087
Yeehaw
>>
>>387087
big money
no wammies
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>434854
Victoria was a strongly niche game that did not enjoy the commercial success of either the Europa Universalis or Hearts of Iron brand. This makes a mainstream commercial release of a sequel a dicey prospect at best. However the brand enjoys a cult following amongst its supporters and if we can budget correctly and go for a download only release we should be able to produce a profitable sequel. Apart from the profit benefit the production of a sequel to a niche title will also help the Paradox brand, by continuing to produce games out of the main stream we will keep our reputation as a ‘real’ strategy game developer.

The Core Concept

Pops are on the basic level describes as follows. Nationality, population size, social class break down. Each class then has its cash militancy, its political information (expressed as percentage support for each party rather than the more complicated shifting issues) and literacy. Under hood we can consider exactly how these things work, but the player is presented with pie charts that show these things. Thus our pops preserve its basic role, but now are less work to manage

There is no manual promotion, it is rather unrealistic to have the Kaiser walk into a farm and say you guys are now factory workers. Instead the population will promote itself based on things like education, local demand for goods, job opportunities. Although this will take tweaking to get it feeling right it will remove one of the greatest micro management chores in Victoria. (Not from a project planning point of view to get this right we would probably want to add on an extra month or so of beta testing without much programmer support from developers, say a day a week or less even, this would allow extended testing to get it fairly balanced without adding significantly to the budget).
>>
>>436275
cont.
Economy

One of the key strengths of Victoria that made it different from other brands on the market is its economy system; Revolutions with its auto building of factories push it almost into a niche of its own. For a Victoria 2 to prosper we need to play to the strengths of the original. We are looking for a mix of both easy and more complicated ways to make the economic system feel more real.

For simple solutions I present 3. Firstly there is a simple cap on the number of people who can work in farming or resource gathering in a province. This prevents the millions of farmers and labourers you see in Victoria. This also creates the real life pressures for immigration. Technology will reduce the number of farmers and increase the number of labourers that can work in a province.

Next a province can have more than one resource, and farmers/ labourers shift working according to demand, it also means that an area like the Rhur will still produce food (which it did do)

Thirdly we place limits on the construction of certain factories. We define inputs as hard to ship (like coal and iron) and for a factory that uses a hard to ship resource it can only appear in a region that produces one of them. This will mean that German heavy industry will be concentrated in the Rhur region (which it did do historically).
>>
>>436278
cont.
For a more complex economic overhaul we have two suggestions. Firstly craftsmen will produce a small amount of goods even if there is no factory in the state. This represents the small artisans and workshops (proto-industrialisation as it is called in period) that would produce goods. As the capitalist grows and makes more money factories start appearing that craftsmen will work in. TO see how this will benefit the game, you get a late game invention like the car, immediately small car workshops will go into action producing a small number of these, allowing the market to function much more effectively. It also allows backward countries (like China) to produce a limited amount of industrial goods. This change will allow both the economic system to function more effectively and add more realism. In addition it should actually make the game a little easier for new players.

Second is an overhaul of the world market. At the moment the world market functions on global scale and as a constant injection of money. Instead each territorially continuous part of your country functions as one market (we can choose to go for a more complicated system where internal markets are dynamically further divided based on transport links if we so wish). They have 0 tariffs between each other and share a single external tariff. Any market that cannot supply itself seeks to import from another market, selecting the cheapest first. This is done as a function of distance and tariff, but we can throw in things like merchant shipping and transport links to further influence it if so wish. Two markets can create a customs union with a senior partner who sets a single external tariff for all members (like the Zollverein).
>>
>>436281
cont.
We can then add blockades that prevent routes for trade. For example in a war between France and Germany their mutual frontier is automatically blockaded meaning that each others markets are blocked to each other and trade that would move through each others territory (like German buying good from Spain) now has to take a longer route and is more expensive.

Our choice here is how much depth we can choose to add, we can add diplomatic actions like tariff deals, allow people to set individual tariffs for countries effecting relations (so you can give lower tariffs to countries you like and high to ones you dislike), peace options that force countries to remove tariffs to your merchants (the capitulations of the Ottoman Empire) the possibilities here are huge.

Government and Politics

The other strength of Victoria was its government system. This was why we had to keep the connection between the population and how the viewed the government. Basic changes we are looking for are improvements to the electoral system, more options for voting, better logic for how the population votes and different ways of counting the votes. We also want to have the party issues be more dynamic, so as your country changes parties may also change what they stand for to keep up with the times.

Another change is to add a new population job, the bureaucrat. These people need to paid for by the state (and are thus a money sink) and are required to govern a state effectively. Thus spending on things like education and crime fighting’s effect is limited by the bureaucracy that supports it. Thus we can create an effect like this, on the Eastern seaboard of the USA there are a lot bureaucrats who can government effectively, in the territories there is a limited number of bureaucrats and it feels a bit like the wild west.

Further work would be needed to flesh up other parts of the game, but this is the basic pitch.

tl.dr: Actual project pitch for Victoria 2 back in the day.
>>
>>434854
I wonder what was the reasoning behind putting factories on the state level anyway. Save CPU power? Balancing? Spaghetti code?
>>
>>387087
Finished South Africa. Everything from the Cape to the Victoria Falls has been bleached. Now I'm hoping for something in Asia
>>
>>436477
Are you fucking kidding me...
reroll
>>
>>436480
This one seems fun. Guess I'll let the Jacobins lose on St. Petersburg...
>>
>>387087
Any other epic rollers like this?
>>
>>436285
Vicky 1 had it, so naturally Vicky 2 had to had them like that, too.
Why did Vicky 1 had them like that? No particular reason, someone simply said "Let's have one factory per province" and someone else said "no, that's unbalanced, let's give factories on state level, so each state host same amount of factories". It never occured to damn idiots that if having factories disjoined from states, that auto-balances itself.

>>436275
>Victoria was a strongly niche game
It really fucking isn't, but I'm currently too busy with my work to fully read, assess and comment your reply, so to be continued later
>>
>>400287
>niger
how can a country be so racist
>>
>>436275
>>436502
It took me a while to realise this is the original Vicky 2 promotion material, only realised it by finishing first post. And they didn't manage to fulfill even third of shit that was planned for Vicky 2. If you compare the pitch with the end result, it feels like they've very quickly decided to just rehash Vicky 1 with autonomous pop system to it and that's it.
Also:
Imagine being late 00s Paradox, realising you are losing your "strategy game dev" creed... so you embrace that loss and go full retard on CK2 and all that came from it.
>>
>>400287
>Be the UK
>Get for free German East Africa
>Never fucking re-gauge local meter gauge to your own standard for narrow gauge, despite that being a cheapo switch at close to no cost
>Never connect Sudan with Uganda, despite plans to do so dating since fucking 1890s
>Dismantle part of Asuan-Khartoom railway just to spite Egyptians and Sudanese
Truly, the stupidity and pettyness of Eternal Anglo has no bounds. Then those idiots kept bitching how terrible the rail system of African colonies is for over 40 years of managing that shit between 1918 and full decolonisation. Who needs functional railway system in a roadless wilderness, mate!
>>
>>434854
A few:
>There is still terra incognita on the map left here and there, including within nominal borders of countries covering specific zone
>Colonial management is an actual subsystem, beyond simply "those RGOs with our flag over them"
>Life rating not only affects birthrate, but also is a strong counter-pull for migration, both colonial and regular
>Class affects advancement prospects and without specific reforms, you get shit, instead of climbing the ladder
>Rework on nationalism, where the system develops into its institutionalised form, but in early game/total backwater, it plays barely any role - this way early on it doesn't matter much what culture pops are, but by mid-to-late, it affects things around
>Removal of the idiotic Vicky 1 leftover "US magic migration magnet" (Vicky 2 had it for both Americas), unless specific conditions are met in-game
>Adding even token logistics to the game, instead of "rise unit once, forget about it forever beyond token upkeep" and the minimal support limit (which is meaningless if you have high-tech army, while logistics bog down everyone equally, and the more armed, the harder to pull).
>Occupation scaled with local population, rather than generic counter (remember those fantastic "sieges" of Bumfuck Nowhere, Wyoming going for a month, despite population being 15k and army there 30k?)
>>
>remember those fantastic "sieges" of Bumfuck Nowhere, Wyoming going for a month, despite population being 15k and army there 30k
This happens because the AI randomly spams forts everywhere. You are not sieging random american towns with a population of 5k, you are sieging an actual fortress (these were still a big thing in the first world war)
>>
>>436632
If it was a fort, it would take twice as long.
It was just Bumfuck Nowhere, not Fort Bumfuck. It was always an issue, because the entire occupation mechanics is retarded carry-over all the way back from EU2. Only that EU2 had actual fortifications and sieges as a mechanic and it was VERY rare to have unfortified province. Vicky 1 copies almost entire engine from that game, so occupation was a hold-over to not have easy blitzkrieg-style wars like in HoI 1, but obviously 19th century no longer had fort sieges in the style of early modern period, hence the occupation bullshit.
They never truly polished that mechanic and it was purely arbitrary counter, despite claims for Ricky, Vicky 2 and HoD that "surely, we refined occupation now".
It was always just a retarded mechanic that made no sense beyond arbitrary count of "single regiment takes 60 days per province, additional regiments might cut down the time".
>>
>>434854
>>436541
Also, the most important shit that both the original anon and I forgot to mention
>There are trade embargos, trade deals with specific countries and ability to directly give away stuff to allies/sphered/satellites when needed
Because I want to sell thouse fucking Mauser rifles to Boers, so they can form actual army, damn it
and related with that
>Buying order is no longer decided by the idiotic prestige counter
God damn it that garbage mechanics. You want trade? Fucking use diplo-relationship for that, instead of "I've just discovered neo-idealism, so clearly I'm the best trade partner on the planet". Prestige can be used as a secondary factor, not the main defining element of the trade system and the chief reason why mid-game economy completely collapses: the top country simply syphons all the basic resources and everyone else is left with shit. The fact this never occured to anyone trying to "crack" Vicky 2 broken trade, while doing all sort of convoluted theories is annoyance by itself. How the fuck economy is supposed to operate, when 90% of countries can't buy shit from the market and international trade is completely fucked due to being prestige-based? The best example is any situation in which you fuck overFrance or GB and later on Germany on presitge by deliberately and continously humiliating them. Since they are usually making the top 3, them suddenly NOT buying thing from the market (just one of them) cause entire economy to un-fuck itself, becuase they are no longer pumping it dry. So do whatever with the trade system, but stop deciding the shopping order with prestige.
>>
>>436644
No, this brings another, but that's just a matter of massive rebalancing of any potential economy
Say you're making liquor, the most sought after commodity on planet Earth (even in Muslim countries). Say you are the worlds top producer. Why you are making it at a loss and need the factories subsidised? Clearly, you are the planetary supplier of this shit and you MUST overproduce. But because prices are tied first and foremost with fulfilling not global demand, but national one (hello, there, all the people wondering why trade is so fucked-up in Vicky 1 and 2), once you are producing just enough to cover your internal demand, the price will fall down on its face. So you have viertually no goal on actually being world's supplier, because that means selling at a serious loss.
Related with that is the fact that you can't affect prices in any way beyond supply-demand, while baseline prices are hardcoded. Steel is always super-cheap and cars are always super expensive, no matter fucking what. Why? Who wrote this?
>>
File: 1593209015176.jpg (164 KB, 1280x960)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>436278
>>436281
>>436283
>Next a province can have more than one resource, and farmers/ labourers shift working according to demand, it also means that an area like the Rhur will still produce food (which it did do)
>Instead each territorially continuous part of your country functions as one market (we can choose to go for a more complicated system where internal markets are dynamically further divided based on transport links if we so wish).
>This is done as a function of distance and tariff, but we can throw in things like merchant shipping and transport links to further influence it if so wish. Two markets can create a customs union with a senior partner who sets a single external tariff for all members (like the Zollverein).
>We can then add blockades that prevent routes for trade. For example in a war between France and Germany their mutual frontier is automatically blockaded meaning that each others markets are blocked to each other and trade that would move through each others territory (like German buying good from Spain) now has to take a longer route and is more expensive.
>Our choice here is how much depth we can choose to add, we can add diplomatic actions like tariff deals, allow people to set individual tariffs for countries effecting relations (so you can give lower tariffs to countries you like and high to ones you dislike), peace options that force countries to remove tariffs to your merchants (the capitulations of the Ottoman Empire) the possibilities here are huge.

I hate that we'll never get a Vicky 2 like game that adds this shit.
>>
It only shows that Pdx does not have the competency required for their vision. The dumbed down version is already a maintenance disaster, how can you expect them to add more on top?
>>
>>387087
roll
>>
>>387087
another roll
>>
>>387087
rolo
>>
File: 1560711227393.jpg (1.43 MB, 3200x1800)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>436832
based
>>
>>436513
>they've very quickly decided to just rehash Vicky 1
They did. Johan even admits it. They did the whole thing in 9 moths or so. With all the writing, art and everything.
It's a shame they didn't follow the original pitch.
>>
>>436541
>Occupation scaled with local population
I really like this one.
>>
>>436735
The state of Vicky 2 is mostly due to the fact the guy who wrote majority of code for the game left the company in late stages of development and they've realised there is no commentary to his code.
So they've faced a choice: work with code they don't understand, cutting down the content to what already works and/or they know how to add OR write the entire thing from a scratch.
Guess what did they pick.
Ironically, this is a management problem, not lack of competence: someone thought it's a wise decision (they keep that policy to this day) to sign contracts with their programmers (as opposed to literally everyone else) that do not obligate them to finish the current project. This means they have fuck-huge rotation in coding department since forever, while tying down fucking idea guys. This has predictable results on quality of their script, which translates to both quality of the games, their content and the fact each fix takes forever to be added, even when the issue is well identified.
So what they lack is real management, which in turn translates into having all sort of OTHER issues. And it's like this since about HoI2
>>
>>436913
They didn't follow the pitch, because they are idiots, not because they couldn't. They've started this entire project as "let's prove ourselves" and then lost interest two weeks in. Then half-way through development, their lead coder says "I'm quitting, I've got better offer elsewhere" and they in their brilliance says "Sure, bye!" without even checking his work or asking for commentary on the code. The rest follows as >>437181 here.

>>436914
It would make all sort of rural nowheres easy to take over, but making China a horror to pacify, same with large urban centers and similar, instead of "everyone's equal" bullshit.
>>
>>437186
Also, I've realised this would make the Sepoy revolt a real danger for Brits. Because once they take the province over, enjoy pacifying the local populance now.
>>
>>436285
>>436502
What the other anon said, however with a twist. They indeed tested with "one factory per province" first when making Vicky 2. This completely fucked up their migration system, especially in countries where capitalists could upgrade factories, since there was always full employment for lower classes. Rather than realising all it takes is putting a cap or increasing the costs of each new level of a factory, they decided to go back to Vicky 1 model, because that meant they didn't have to work or balance things, just copy-paste a pre-existing solution and pretend everything is cool.
God, I hate what a lousy job the actual development of Vicky 2 was. Vicky 1 had a fuckload of excuses to be a half-baked game and given the circumstances, they did a stellar job anyway. Vicky 2 meanwhile went in the opposite direction: the least effort put possible for each and every mechanics, to the point where the Vicky 1 Hohenzollern mod, a one-guy project, shows more work than making Vicky 2
>>
>>437263
Also, the tested model was like this:
Each province can build a single factory
Entire state works together for bonuses
So you build a steel mill in an iron province, but still receive bonus from coal produced within the state, while your artillery factory in another town receives bonus from steel production.
So similar what eventually emerged within Vicky 2, but operated differently. And it was just a test model that got quickly abandoned after just bunch of tests, because hey, extra effort needed, so better let's scrap this, without ever fine-tuning things
>>
>>437286
God damn it would be so much better if they decided to put a little more effort there. How do you know those details anyway?
>>
>>437296
Back in the day, they were doing kinda-sorta dev diaries like they make nowdays. But it was just random posting on the forum. Majority of it got then purged when the actual Vicky 2 sub-forum got created, since posts were in Vicky 1 forum.
>>
>>437300
Ah I see.
>>
>>437304
Let's put it this way:
Mid-to-late 00s official forum was fucking fantastic. Then they've started running it like a praising shrine, while older part of the userbase was eroding on its own. Around Stellaris premiere, the forum was just an echo chamber of "This is our new idea, it's great!" and replies in tune of 'Your new idea is great". Cue destroying that special dev-player relationship Paradox used extensively in their early times to genuinely improve their games. EU3 was salvaged from being a horrible, lackluster game (people genuinely preferred to just stick with EU2 up until In Nomine, that's how bad EU3 release state was, both due to bugs and half-baked game mechanics) and turned into something great solely due to user feedback and listening, but not bending to it. Plus the playerbase back then treated this differently, too.
I always blame development process of CK2, because that was the floodgate. And it only went downhill once a game that's barely even a strategy (it's basically a tamagotchi toy with map attatched to it) made them half the money rest of their entire line-up created. Add to that Johan going drunk on ego and here we are. with Imperator being the culminating point of all of this downward spiral.
>>
>>387087
lets go
>>
>>437344
[Hyper War intensifies]
>>
What the FUCK did HPM do to jingoism? It's literally impossible to add wargoals now. I even used his propaganda campaign thing and it only brought me from 6.0% to 6.8% out of 7% that I need and then started falling instead of increasing as it's supposed to.
>>
>>437415
>he wants to go to war on a wargame
Bruh just look at pizza graphics all day.
>>
>>437415
But people told me HPM is essential.
>>
>>437337
I can't wait what shitshow is EU5 goign to be.
>>
>>437493
HPM is very good and infinitely better than vanilla, sometimes he just likes to make the game frustrating.
>>
>>437181
I don't believe Pdx could take the game to another level even if That Guy did not leave.

Games consist of systems(diplomacy, military, econ, etc). To make the game GRAND, you can add more systems (EU4), or more interactions between systems (V2). The first approach is easier, because you can just balance systems one at a time. Need X? Just add more X.

But in the second approach, changing A leads to changes in B leads to changes in C. See >>437263 . One needs to consider the game in entirety before making changes. That means effort required for adding one extra feature is proportional to the number of existing features.

Now the project pitch called for even more interconnections. The designer only had vague concepts, it was left to programmers to figure out details, and programmers only understood their respective parts. That is designer's incompetence.
>>
File: shrug.png (456 KB, 796x726)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
>>437415
>>437493
Try PDM instead
>>
>>437589
>Just add another system
>One that's operating in vaccum and doesn't interact with rest of the game
>Trust me, bro, EU4 did that and it's great!
Anon, you're retarded. EU4 is peak of horrible design and the very reason why all post-CK2 games are so fucking shallow is the fact it's just a platform for disjoined mechanics, introduced in disjoined DLCs, that don't interact with each other or the core game.
And it's still a management fuck-up. You don't go for a project like Vicky 2 with 4 idea guys, 1 artist and 1 code-monkey. And you most definitely DO NOT let that code-monkey leave half-way through, unless you want to see the project burn. Design incompetence would show up if they were throwing mechanics into the game without balancing or planning. Which is what they've avoided, because it's still better to under-deliver than overload your game with inoperational systems.
Also, you are linking me to my own post
>>
>>437589
The reasoning you suggest is the very reason I would rather live in reality where Victoria 3 is never made. Because nu-Paradox take on that game would be something that would make Imperator look good by comparison.
>>
>>437670
I can assure you that Vicky 3 will never exist.
>>
>>437644
Quick summary of diffrences between HPM and PDM?
>>
Best Pdox game set during the best time period. I hope a Total War gets set during the same era.
>>
>>437777
PDM is terrible.
>>
How does the combat work in this game? I'm really interested in the setting but it seems that no matter what composition my armies are I never win, and the AI never attack me so I'm always the one on the offensive and thus never get the entrenchment/terrain bonus. Do I just have to bait the AI with weaker stacks then dogpile them?
>>
>>437777
PDM doesn't meme genocide nor doesn't include Serbian mentality, so people hate it, because they can't kill their own workforce for shit and giggles.
It's a baseline mod, kind of vanilla at this point, since countless other mods just expand on PDM. It's main focus is making economy more sophisticated and it does great job at that, along with some expansion in inventions and decisions. Generally speaking, QoL stuff all over the place, aside maybe the 5 different firearms factories and capitalists always build the wrong one.
>>
>>437888
trips checked
>the AI never attacks me
Bait it then, keep a small stack on the frontline and a larger stack in reserve. Make sure the game shows a pop-up and pauses when an enemy army attacks yours so you don't accidentally forget to reinforce the bait.
Also, remember to research entrenchment and artillery techs.
>>
>>437888
Are you by chance fucking retarded? Not trying to insult you, asking genuinely.
Put 10 infantry, 10 artillery, 2 cavalry and 2 engineers to each and every army. Eventually add 1 plane and 1 tank regiment once you unclock them. And that's it. If you feel like it, use guards instead of infantry, but there is no real point beyond marginally better stats.
And newsflash, bitch. It's 19th century meat-grinder. The whole military tech favours defense like crazy. So get poison gas and kill everything with it. Or just bait AI to send all it has on you and then do the good old unit cycling, so you keep average org high enough to win it, while killing everything and their dog and butt-fucking AI that did conscription to fight you by killing its workforce
>>
File: hhn.gif (1017 KB, 500x250)
1017 KB
1017 KB GIF
>>437881
>TW
>With rapid fire guns
>>
>>437897
No, wait, I've fucked up. 10 inf, 14 art, 2 cav, 2 eng. Always have the number of artillery equal with your front line and generally speaking focus on artillery. It's nowhere near as powerful as it was in Vicky 1, but still well worth having as much as you can.
>>
>>437917
Engineers are not frontline. What people normally go for is 4 infantry 1 hussar and 5 artillery. Lategame once you have enough plance inventions, you can replace artillery with them, since they are way better defensively (though artillery is still a bit better offensively).
>>
>>437925
>What people normally go for is 4 infantry 1 hussar and 5 artillery
And then they lack the sheer firepower to fight, not to mention mass to deter smaller stacks of enemy from dog-piling on you.
You can't have planes until the game is pretty much decided already, so not worth it.
And it doesn't matter if engineers are frontline or not. Due to the way how things are scripted, they are going to be put in front row and artillery behind them.
This game has pretty much Napoleon logic to combat: "Can we cram more artillery to it, and if so, how?"
>>
>>437928
You just send multiple stacks when you want more firepower and getting the AI to attack into you is actually an advantage.
>>
>>437909
Total Warhammer
>>437881
Shogun 2
>>
>>437892
except it butchers the economy and even serbia can be rolling in cash at maximum spending and no taxes.
>>
>>437925
I always did 6 int, 2 art, 1 hus, 1 eng cuz I thought arty equaling infantry was unrealistic and I hated how quickly my frontline melted and exposed my arty.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (9 KB, 254x198)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>437940
Or you do it on higher scale, where AI first concentrates forces for 2 months (3 captured provinces) and then attacks, so you dog-pile on their dog-pile, so in a single battle, you eradicate 90% of enemy soldiers. Less than 30k soldiers means you can still easily survive even in a fucking desert
>>
>>437945
I'm not sure you understand the concept of "rapid fire", anon. Especially when combined with the way how TW handles formations and movement of them.
Or if you actually played Warhammer
>>
>>438058
>I think this is unrealistic
It's a game, you dumb fuck. Trying to play it "realistically" is the worst possible thing, especially since the rules of the game aren't even trying to be realistic.
>>
>>397623
get a life you pussy
>>398450
this
>>
>>399960
wtf why didnt yt link every village in the sahara and the jungle with high speed rail
fuckin racist
>>
>>403025
I change the startdate for fascism and associated parties to like 1880 for this reason
gives the AI time to have revolutions and then get re-established and do stuff
>>
>>407993
That would genuinely be the coolest shit
Having a bunch of modular ideological tenets, which reforms that party backs, etc
add governing coalitions and use these factors to determine who allies with who
kino
>>
>>438152
idc it hurts my autism to play differenty. With 6 inf I can imagine my corps is made up of two infantry division made up of 3 infantry brigades and 1 artillery brigade supported by attached cav and engineers.
>>
>>438058
Having a bit of surplus infantry is not a bad idea, but skimping out on artillery will leave your armies with a lack of firepower.
>>
>>438309
It literally doesn't matter against the AI in most cases. 90% of the time I'm fighting uncivs anyways and the other 10% of the time I have enough corps to drown the enemy.
>>
I want to get back into it. Whats the best Vick 2 mod right now?
>>
>>438338
HFM
>>
>>387087
Rolls
>>
>>438150
Have you ever played the skaven?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.