[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: after the end.jpg (66 KB, 637x358)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Thoughts on After the End?
>>
File: bidenoglu.jpg (46 KB, 800x565)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>367610

AtE dev here (that muslim one), ask anything and i'll also be dropping some content that isn't shown off yet.
>>
>>367610
Suffers from bad ck2 AI, needs an aggressive AI overhaul. Tried a playthru as a cheesehead Norseman, the world just kind of sat there and let me beat it into submission.
>>
>>367623
agreed, inshallah you will be a bit happy with 1.2, our final update for the ck2 version
>>
>>367618
you have a really short temper and its directly impacting discussions with you
>>
>>367622
Tripniggers are unwelcome here. Go back.
>>
>>367621
which desert cult, exactly
>>
Also you need to forget current borders, especially national ones. The natural kingdom in northern us would be p. much everything within 150 miles of the Great Lakes. Canada doesn’t really exist today, there is no reason to think it’ll have a cogent identity 500 years after a collapse.
>>
>>367628
ok
>>
>>367630
Most serene and glorious Atomist of course
>>
>>367633
while I agree with you in the sense of a realistic post apocalypse - thats not what AtE has ever been. From day one of the original mod (who's developers are all in our discord), its always fundamentally been about 'castles in america' and playing with local references that make sense. the environment is more than a little static in the usual post-apoc sense
>>
>>367618
what content
>>
File: preview_ck2_53.jpg (1.55 MB, 1280x1024)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
Personally, I like their spinoff, Old World, more.
>>
IIRC OW split from the mod, and they're cringe desu
>>
>>367645
No, but 90% of its content was made while it was still officially endorsed by >>367618
>>
>>367643
hey man listen

If you're morally opposed to transgenderism, thats your choice, but hear me out, as a religious person, this is my perspective.

I'm gonna ask you a question - if you believe it is a sin, and you also believe in God - then what are you doing when you elevate yourself to be the judge of others? aren't you putting yourself equal to god? If it is a sin, then trust in God to punish people who are sinning as he decides. And if its not a sin, then he will also give them their justice.

If on the other hand you're an atheist or whatever and think that transgenderism is bad - again, thats your opinion and i can't really force you to think differently - how is your moral standing, not based on an objective good (such as a god) superior to a transgender persons moral understanding?

thats my two cents on the matter.

also, i think out of 50+ devs, we only have 4 transgender developers, but thats besides the point
>>
nice
>>
>>367650
it was never officially endorsed by us, and they are using stolen content.
>>
OW is run by italians and autists
>>
>>367660
>After The End: Old World
>>367655
It's okay. As silly as real After The End
>>
desu i've played ow and it's not really good.
>>
>>367642
Here's a map from our upcoming ck3 DD.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635244334995996685/799033444520427540/map_ck3.jpg
>>
>>367665
Again, we never officially endorsed it. They asked if they could make an old world spinoff, and we said sure, but kept permissions open for other spinoff projects, like orientalis or eurasia (also set in europe). OW was never the canon spinoff, nor was it official.
>>
>>367652
Empty and meaningless platitudes
>if you are religious surely if it were a sin to rape then god would punish me.
>and if you are an atheist how is your moral standing any better than a rapist?
>>
>>367610
Leftist devs like the Muslim here ruined the HCC, so its not as good as it used to be.
>>
>>367674
they aren't, old world had to change the name.
>>
>>367618
Mashallah
Zak is unironcally a cool character and I like the general setup but please tell me you will be nerfing him and his courtiers OP self inset tier stats.
Also when is the CK2 version getting that update, I want FLORDIA content damnit.
PS nobody gives a fuck about gender dysphoria in medieval future incest simulators if we wanted to know about your head devs programming socks kink we'd fucking ask.
>>
>>367675
hah

In all seriousness: Since others will ask, we've made a few minor adjustments to the HCC over the years but have never added wholesale detail to it - that will change in 1.2, and I'm gonna try and give it a ton of local flavor, like barbecues, jousts, rodeos, etc;

What we changed before was because people kept trying to project their CSA fantasies onto the HCC, despite the HCC never being the CSA. (in case you aren't aware - ofaloaf, the original dev, is a 'leftist') By changing the flag, this communicates this change.

I'm trying for the uniforms to make a comeback, but only as court wear - its really dumb to wear cloth into battle in a medieval society, and the new armor is pretty good.
>>
>being trans is like raping someone
so dumb, take a shower.
>>
>>367618
if you're a muslim why are you friends with trannies?
>>
>>367618
Remember when the original modders said "no Islam ever"?
>>
Cause he ain't cringe? simple as?
>>
ofaloaf literally approved the islams because he and the devs are still in contact. they cant change anything he doesn't approve
>>
>>367683
Befriending an unstable brown jewish tranny is absolutely cringe
>>
>>367684
Also you refusing to actually respond to posts directly reeks of t./gsg/ faggotry
>>
>>367678
thanks, i'll address your questions
-Zak will be getting a minor adjustment, he wasn't meant to be self-insert central but we can't exactly predict these things.
-When is the update: Can't ever say for certain. Hopefully in two or three months, at the most, but always take this with a grain of salt.
-Florida content: Will be coming.
-9k's coming out post was deliberately made so all the shitposting from people would be in one spot. While people here may not ask, others in the community did, notably the discord, so the post was made. I kindly ask that even if you disagree with the idea of transgender stuff, just keep it to yourself, because it doesn't change whats in the mod
>>
>>367682
you mean the original modders who are in our server and approved the addition of islam?

no i dont remember that lol
>>
>>367618
Kill yourself you sand monkey nigger lover. I bet you shat out the foreskin of the 9kbits. You fear the CSA because you know they would have turned you into a BWC loving femboy.
>>
>>367681
its precisely that I am confident in my faith that I am someone who knows the oneness of God. I am not God to cast judgement on others - I think the three abrahamic faiths are in agreement about the idea of judgement day. if you want to discuss islamic theology, im on discord, but here isn't the place for a detailed post
>>
>>367687
i've been responding to posts so far, please show me one i've missed
>>
>>367695
This is why even Islam is being ruined, because you're collectively as a religious group allowing evil to fester in your presence.
>>
I have to eat lunch, so i'll brb for a bit, but here's some WIP artifacts you guys can download and put into your game, use console commands to add them

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1nb2ywcmk5gbx01/Disney_Artifacts_by_Nerdman3000_%25281%2529.zip/file
>>
>>367618
How will transgenderism work when it's added to ATE?
>>
AtE dev here,(the trans one) ooga booga i'm a fucking retard
>>
>>367700
>Posting an IP logger
>>
>>367708
yeah the lead dev is
>>
>>367688
It's the multiple courtiers having 20+ martial and twin siblings with tier 5 educations and all 10+ stats that swings it, I enjoy Caliphorniyya as much as the next shahid hut it's only slightly tiersome when it's every game, thanks for addressing it.
True Men of Florida deserve it as well, hopefully with lunatic bloodlines.
ATE;FF will eternally be known as the trannymod now however, regardless of personal convictions it's a tar brush and the big announcement thing was a jump in the barrel and mistake IMO (shits private). But hey it's an ocean of piss so no big deal.
>>
File: soydinn.png (222 KB, 695x677)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>367679
>What we changed before was because people kept trying to project their CSA fantasies onto the HCC, despite the HCC never being the CSA. (in case you aren't aware - ofaloaf, the original dev, is a 'leftist')
>>
>>367708

We're redditors, act accordingly.
>>
>>367708
Yes unironically.
Guy/now gal who started the FF after making the Jewish submod very publicly came out, didn't help their previous reputation for being touchy when a purge followed. Just more stupid internet drama when the focus should be on perfecting sibling marriage.
>>
>>367715
Disgusting.
>>
>>367718
>haha i am one of you guys funny ck2 incest meme amirite?
Go back. Go back. Go back.
>>
>>367701
it won't be added
>>
>>367701
transsexualism will be added for homosexuals when they are discovered by society
>>
>>367680
Basically, with the way you constantly forc your fetish on people. Don't think people didn't notice how you pivoted away after making yourself look the fool, by the way.
>>
>>367714
keep posting pictures on 4chan im sure that changes a lot
>>
>>367704
sorry, is mediafire an ip logger?
im actually unaware, i just uploaded the wip stuff there.
>>
>>367736
>he got mad
>>
>>367725
>wanting functioning multiple marriages with concubines for mechanical superiority and gene trait spreading is bad
no memes, just internet retards like you.
>>
>>367736
>keep posting pictures on 4chan im sure that changes a lot
>>
>>367714
It seriously was never a CSA proxy. Let me break down what was in the original iteration of the mod:

-The Black March (and the tuskegean cultured lords, who are electors in the HCC)
-The Stone Mountain being described as "a gash on the mountainside"

It's always been post-racial... because the idea of 18th century chattel race-science doesn't work in the feudal era. Things like culture and faith were far more important.
>>
>>367750
>because the idea of 18th century chattel race-science doesn't work in the feudal era
If that's the case remove the americanists as well.
>>
>>
>>367753
how are the americanists racist

like at what point does horseshoe theory apply to angry gamers
>>
>>367757
America is founded on 18th century chattel race-science and it deeply permeates the very idea as well.
>>
>>367757
How is the Virignia battle flag racist, muh states rights and all that.
Kinda like how you can argue that the Christian cross used a symbolism isn't always religious.
Is it really that big a concession just to let people have their saltire?
>>
there is a fucking aura of disgusting smugness in this thread
you can take the redditor out of his home site but you can never take it out of him
>>
>>367759
I mean, I don't exactly disagree, but most citizens in the modern day don't know/care, and american civic religion is very much alive today.

I doubt the americanists are aware either.

Let me be clear: we're not changing stuff for wokeness, thats dumb and stupidly neolib.
>>
>>367757
>angry gamers
Feminine hands typed this post.
>>
>>367610
Never played it

But ck2 agot with submods now that shit is peak ck2
>>
>>367763

>How is the Virignia battle flag racist
I'll tell you my opinion, since this is an open discussion, again I'm not here to change your mind or whatever

The flag itself? It isn't racist, much in the same way any other object isnt racist, but people do look at that flag which symbolized the real life Confederacy and draw the connection to something that they view as racist.

>Is it really that big a concession just to let people have their saltire?
No, and I highly encourage you to change the flag out on your version if you want, i'm all about user choice. We just won't be reinstating it, because since the change of the flag, we've had to deal with infinitely less "add slavery" requests. A lot of people open the game, see the nation and its flag, and make up a whole bunch of assumptions - I would point you to the guy who wrote a four paragraph rant on why california is Celtic, for example.
>>
The most unrealistic thing in this mod is that American niggers even survived the apocalypse.
If Hurricane Katrina can be taken as an example, with them casually looting shit they really didn't need, drowning in waist high water and shooting at rescue helicopters, they wouldn't survive a total, global SHTF situation.
>>
>>367770
>but most citizens in the modern day don't know/care
Maybe, but that racism deeply affects then and said civic religion and to say otherwise is literal blindness/white privilege. So needless to say it should be represented in game or americanism should be removed in it's totality.
>>
>>367775
sound off or whatever my dude, but the point of AtE has never been "this is a realistic post-apocalypse", its always been "here are castles in America and you can play in familiar environments without having to read 30+ pages of lore on how the liberian invasion lead by Alberto Barbosa occupied virginia in 2347"
>>
>>367652
>I am not my brothers keeper
It’s a very harmful cult, to the those who believe in it and to wider society.
>>
>>367780
will never forget the time people in the OW server were "politely debating" the age of consent

classic
>>
File: IMG_20210113_085858.jpg (170 KB, 1200x800)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>367779
Fair. Understandable, have a nice day, anon
>>
>>367774
Oh don't get me wrong, the battle flag is racist as fuck, IMO mostly because the folks who like it tend to be racist as fuck and they seem to like it because it's seen as being racist, nice little self sustaining flag centipede if you will.
I just like to imagine that by 2600 and post apocalypse we'd have moved past that, it's an aesthetic design, positive change and all so why not be optimistic.
>>
>>367779
>without having to read 30+ pages of lore on how the liberian invasion lead by Alberto Barbosa occupied virginia in 2347"
Right instead we have to read the 30+ pages of lore of how the Royals beat up the americanists/Fall of the mahonics
>>
>>367780
>Arab descendants of stranded "Amriqi men-at-arms" creating a CENTCOM larp empire
Based
>>
>>367784
That's my take as well, since we have the idea that the HCC is post-racial.
>>
>>367780
>subtle references
>literally adds Jonathan Joestar and an event chain that follows the events of JoJo Part 1
>>
File: image0_2.jpg (16 KB, 946x136)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>367786
>>
>>367791
Having your dick surgically mutilated and wearing a dress isn't sexuality anon, it's mental illness
>>
File: unknown.png (80 KB, 832x430)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>367784
>>
>>367799
Is he really wrong, though?
>>
>>367802
No, that's 9kbits
>>
>>367790
On that note KKK satanists who worship Sherman and MLK when? Or at least a shitty fraternity knock off.
Grand Goblin is too serene a title not to get used.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuiC2YhO4AY
>>
>>367809
KKK itself will never make it into any version of the mod, but I like the idea of working the satanist titles to their serenity.

It'll probably get updated in the HCC rework
>>
>>367822
Wait what, post the stats
It'd be really hilarious if OW outperofrmed ATE but I very much doubt it's true
>>
File: 1609844180888.png (640 KB, 1011x676)
640 KB
640 KB PNG
>>367832
who'd have thought a mod whose lead developer decided to go tranny would ever be able to be taken seriously on 4chan
fucking hell not even TNO got it this bad and one of the major players there is a mentally ill tranny
>>
>>367829
They have more steam downloads, but AtE devs actively encourage people not to download off of steam anyway.
>>
>>367822
is this supposed to make me mad

its entertaining, you guys can't even remember your own mod's name lol
>>
>>367848
having their steam workshop release be broken as fuck is a feature, goy
>>
>>367852
steam compresses files larger than a certain size awkwardly - like we have unique bugs reported to us based on people who use the steam download. thats why I personally reccomend people to use the direct download, im always happy to help people learn how to mod on their own anyway.

like take yesterday, someone who's using steam asked us why colombia has zero provinces - no other steam user has reported this bug, it was pretty woke
>>
>>367859
many do for ck2, actually - elder kings and AGOT are two total conversion mods that also reccomend you use direct downloads
>>
>>367858
I mean, I agree with you. People here are talking as though I'm the head dev... when ultimately i'm just one of 50+ devs on the project.

That being said, they wanted it known that they are trans, and they made that post to contain the (deleted) comments that were being littered around discord and reddit in response to that.
>>
>>367858
because >she made a giant stickied reddit post
>>
File: nixon.png (507 KB, 504x338)
507 KB
507 KB PNG
I hate Reddit.
>>
>>367865
same
>>
>>367866
>>367867
>https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterTheEndFanFork/comments/k4tdef/important_personal_announcement/
>>
File: south america.jpg (600 KB, 1920x1080)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
south america province map
>>
File: lol.png (32 KB, 521x120)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>367855
kill yourself desu
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2023598805
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1341828311
>>
>>367874
>https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1341828311
you know, i thought the OW team had more subscribers considering they keep parroting that, but its blatantly false too hahahaha
>>
>>367875
what do you expect from a group of childfucking retards?
>>
>>367876
it's the same steam page desu
>>
>>367876
its been the same workshop page lol they just renamed it

they're still using stolen content btw
>>
>>367880
*your
>>
>>367880
that wasnt me but okay

do you live in a monastery by chance or are your friends infallible
>>
>>367884
seethe
>>
>>367884
you're using some big words buddy

think you should spend half the time you are raging online to improve your mod and maybe it'll be playable
>>
>>367874
OH NONONONO WE GOT TOO COCKY OLD WORLD BROS!!
>>
>>367889
I mean, you're right that we should do so. At the end of the day, they have their beliefs, and I have mine. I'm not someone with leadership to enjoin what is good and prohibit the wrong.
>>
>>367895
What the fuck does Keyed even mean
>>
File: texas.png (1.76 MB, 790x950)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
Gotta go for a bit, be back later.
Here's the wip government for texas/certain cultures coming in 1.2
>>
>>367897
>Southwest content that isn't just a Canticle for Leibowitz reference
Finally! Yeehaw hats for all!
>>
>>367690
I remember it. The reason was because of the practicality and the amount of work required for relatively little benefit. In other words "we won't add it" not "it shouldn't be added". Because the work was done by someone (at the time) outside the dev team who had a special interest in it, the reasons not to include it didn't apply.
>>
>>367750
>slavery and racism wouldn't exist in an era where slavery would become common again due to technological decay
>>
>>367909
not chattel slavery, lol.

when people say 'slavery' in the US they're usually envisioning like, plantation shit, but slavery is very wide ranging and occurs even today.
>>
>>367780
ATEFF drama aside medieval Europe but actually it's 2500 just isn't as interesting of a scenario as feudal post-apocalyptic America.
>>
>>367907
I was actually already part of the dev team, I just did mostly behind the scenes work.

Thats why the FF was started, actually - there was a ck2 update which utterly broke AtE because it changed the condition of things so that they actively had to be removed, and then you now had like, zoroastrian noble titles in california. it was wack and it killed the old mod, so it got the FF off the ground
>>
>>367782
Definite age of consent is a spook anyway. Inability to consent based on lack of comprehension is a very nebulous concept and a single unvarying number doesn't make sense. In order to protect children while also not prosecuting teens for being horny, nuance is needed.
>>
File: coming through.jpg (562 KB, 1920x3107)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>>367909
>wat is pic related
Medieval serfdom supplanted Roman style ancient slavery, makes sense for the same thing to happen in feudal murica.
Peasant plantations would be nice though.
>>
>>367618
Whats the story with the turkroach Biden?
>>
>>367784
>I just like to imagine that by 2600 and post apocalypse we'd have moved past that
Even if that's true, the players of the mod aren't from 2600.
>>
>>367917
hah funny story.

so you know how like, people change the nationalities of american politicians as a joke, like dutch trump, or the various islamifications of people, like turning donald trump, jeb bush, barack obama, joe biden into like, abu ivanka al-amriki, or jab al-floridi, or barack obama, or "yusuf al-biden", well i was going with that and figured based on his opinion re: serbia, biden is clearly a janissary, thus yusuf bidenoglu was born
>>
>>367873
Discord trannies are also notorious for grooming.
>>
the fuck is this thread lol, /vst/ used to be comfy
>>
>>367909
>slavery and racism
>18th century chattel race-science
is a specific type of "slavery and racism" that didn't arise till well after the medieval period.
Medieval slavery generally wasn't based on race, more on whichever foreign peoples you could buy or carry off yourselves.
The Arabs had loads of black slaves, but that's more due to access to African trade routes. They had no problems keeping Europeans or other peoples
Hell even given their "can't enslave a Muslim" thing it'd be more accurate to say they practice religion-based slavery rather than racial slavery. Wasn't always the case though, IIRC Amalfi was infamous for trading in fellow christian slaves
>>
>>367914
It didn't, if anything the slave trade expanded. I suppose you could say that it supplanted it in that they took the role of the romans slightly better treated slaves and slavery was now widely far worse for the enslaved, but then you're contradicting your point.
>>
>>367912
You literally weren't, I was there. You were recommended for the dev team on the basis of the stuff you were doing with the Islam submod.

>Thats why the FF was started, actually
You mean because the original devs weren't doing work so a submodder took over? That's true but not related to muslims, that was the Jew submod. Otherwise I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>367924
>muslim names like barack obama

MY SIDES
>>
>>367927
The muslim dev is a shitstirring autist who breeds conflict and hate wherever he goes. This particular mod is also plagued by retards from reddit, but even so we had mostly comfy threads before.
>>
>>367935
I've been a dev since just a bit after 0.2 was released, the original brazil loading screen map was something I made (it's ugly though)
>>
>>367935
Think he means that the FF started because of that gamebreaking bug, anon
>>
>>367931
My point being that Dixie style chattel isn't something you'd expect in Medieval Europe all that much and since ATTE is is the ersatz version the spakcers demanding field niggers are dumb.
>>
>>367910
>>367914
>>367928
>HCC would be nearly identical to the HRE and the rest of feudal Europe in terms of economics even though the economic situations would be completely different (with the American south's terrain and climate being suited for cash crop plantations unlike western/northern Europe)
>>
>>367939
am i really? i'm sorry, I don't mean to be.
>>
>>367950
>A fictional setting explicitly modeled after a video game interpretation of Medeivalness is incorrect because muh economic viability of picking cotton
>>
>>367943
It was started because for ages there had been no development besides the occasional minor commit from SteelyGlint, and that bug gave 9kbits reason enough to take over, since otherwise the mod would have essentially stopped existing. But that has nothing to do with the addition of Islam or the fact that the muslim dev was not even part of the fan fork dev discord prior to starting the islam submod. I don't know if he did minor stuff before that.

>>367952
People do tend to get riled up when you're part of the conversation.
>>
>>367952
>shitpost 99% of the time
>constantly getting in arguments about banal shit
>even during the 1% of the time when actually working on something, it's always related to special interest
>>
>>367793
LMAO, based department?
>>
>>367956
>the geography and economy of a region shouldn't apply when making countries for a region
>just make it identical to the HRE
>why would they grow cash crops, it's not like anyone grew cash crops until gunpowder was brought to Europe
>>
>>367962
hey man, i don't know who you are since you're posting anonymously, if you feel ive wronged you please dm me and i'll see what I can do to make it up to you.

but im not working only on special interests, i work on lots of things to be fair.
>>
>>367937
my pleasure
>>
>>367873
The age of consent should be when the female can first biologically get pregnant without complications. Anything else is retarded bureaucratic nonsense
>>
>>367969
Yes!

I'll just post what I put on the discord regarding the HCC update, its a bit vague but I promise I think every player will like it for sure.

"Let me give you a brief overview of what is actually on the table for 1.2. in terms of the HCC.

1. A dynamic (and I mean this fully, no meme here) Westphalia event chain that actually responds to the choices you make. You can affect the way things happen and the strength of the implosion, should it occur, and how you respond to it.
2. A system that shows real friction between the emperor and the evangelical presidency, or, alternatively, friendship between the two. You can larp your southern guelph-ghibbelines as much as you want now.
3. Goals for you to move forward with as an emperor or vassal in the HCC to actually make the HCC a great place to play in.
4. Various flavor addons, like events or decisions, that draw from the local cultures and let you experience a lot of content."

Texas is getting a fair bit of heavy works as well, as is Oklahoma.

I'm hopeful that, especially for local players, the south will be a great environment to play in post 1.2
>>
>>367964
CK2 mechanics didn't support much variation in economy types. You were either normal feudal or a merchant republic. Now, we can do a bit more with technologies and building types, although the building types still have more to do with terrain. But a cotton farm/plantation would definitely be a good building line to add, now that you mention it. We should also add stuff like bananas in jungle terrain, and replace the figs from the orchard graphic with something more prevalent in the new world, maybe stone fruits.
>>
>>367974
>Great place to stay
BLESSED WHOLESOME NEW SOUTH CHUNGUS
>>
>>367976
I get that CK2 mechanics make it difficult to represent some stuff. Plantations could definitely be represented separately. Sorry if I came across as rude.
>>
>>367979
i'm not sure i understand what you're saying?
>>
>>367966
You didn't wrong me personally but you do a whole lot more fucking around and causing issues than anyone else. Even in this thread: There are three rules, and the other two barely count, which means you broke the only real rule we have.

>i work on lots of things to be fair.
Yeah, that bit wasn't really merited, but I don't think anyone who mods a Paradox game can say they're not an autist

>>367967
no u
>>
>>367983
no problem brother, i hope you enjoy 1.2
>>
>>367984
Just lampooning the way some people talk
... cough, TNO community.
>>
>>367988
Ahhh okay
>>
>>367987
On the subreddit you mention "updating california" again.

More content is nice but why are you always updating cali
>>
>No white people
What happened to them?
>>
>>367994
So, I actually want to challenge that notion.

Firstly, let me begin by explaining that our dev team is fairly hands off - we've got the brazil devs working on brazil at the same time people working on alaska are doing that. we don't all focus on an area and detract from other areas of work.

Secondly, the past two updates which include cali content - 1.1 and soon to be 1.2 - were all meant to be part of 1.0, they just didn't make the time cut.

Third: Here's an actual timeline of edits and updates to california.

0.1 - Californian imperialism (didn’t work, 9k was too embarrassed to fix and it was never noticed.)
0.3 - claim war (didn’t work, nobody cared about it)
0.5 - new California title (fixes fundamental design issue where de jure empire can only be formed by one religion)
1.0 - actual new content - imperial bureaucracy
1.1 - title histories, cetic collapse (coded before 1.0) and era names.

this somehow translates to the frankly false idea of Californian supremacy where every update Cali gets 500 new features and a randomly selected other region gets 10.
like, there's a fundamental issue here in terms of a flawed perception taking over discourse.
>>
>>367983
No, it's a reasonable point that's useful to consider for CK3, and it's actually helpful to bring up since we're not that used to thinking about things that were impossible in CK2, besides the obvious ones that correspond directly to systems CK3 touted as major additions.

>>367994
The three devs who do the most work (and also several others) are from there. Also, California has a lot of population. But don't worry, in the CK3 version there will also be tons of updates to the Andes and Brazil.
>>
>>367995
not sure what you mean, white americans are literally everywhere unless you're referencing the super based "where are the white people sayyid" comment hahahaha
>>
>>367996
California was already in a better place design-wise than a lot of areas when fan fork started, and you're forgetting about the muslim additions in SoCal and the Green Sash stuff. When it comes to major features, there's only one major set of things (but it's pretty big) however California definitely gets disproportionate attention in minor additions.
>>
>>367610
IMO best conversion mod for ck2, especially since its unique. wish they would add content for the pirate guys
>>
>>368005
thank you!

i'll see if i can work some more content for them, but bare minimum they can get some new artifacts in 1.2!
>>
>>367995
Whites are often replaced by indigenous or other minor races because if we just went with the majority everywhere, the map would be way too homogeneous. We also do this with unique minority religious beliefs like the Amish and the Afro-Syncretics, though both of those are being dialed back a bit in CK3. The ethnic issue should also work out better in CK3, because the engine allows us to make each culture have a demographically accurate mix so even if we exaggerate some things to make them stand out, it won't mean that you will have no options of your own race to play as except in places where there really are none. Even then you can use ruler designer.

>>367998
Presumably the disproportionate prevalence of non-white groups in some areas.

>>368005
Pirates will be more focused in CK3, limited strictly to the Caribbean with one or two other nautical religions replacing the ones further away. That allows us to add more to them without worrying about it conflicting with some Brethren starts. As far as I'm aware we don't have specific new stuff planned for them yet though. The first of that will come when we implement their custom doctrine, which hasn't been done yet.
>>
>>368005
wait, you actually talked about video games instead of calling people trannies? pretty cringe desu
>>
>>367652
I find it fucking nauseating and disgusting, like any normal person who hasn't trained themselves to suppress their disgust reflex does.

Got nothing to do with morals, and everything to do with the fact that the world needs to be cleansed of filth.
>>
>>367913
no nuance needed if you remove the dumb idea of consent and go back to the old ways of a father deciding who marries his daughter.
>>
File: cali imperial.png (722 KB, 528x612)
722 KB
722 KB PNG
hey lads,
last thing i'll be posting tonight, i've been told not to leak stuff anymore.

The stuff in the screenshot - the religions involved, the length of the text, etc; is a WIP, but if any of you ever wanted to larp the Taiping revolt, or actually feel like an emperor, I can promise you'll enjoy some of the Cali additions.
>>
File: Hong_Xiuquan.jpg (33 KB, 349x396)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>368030
>Heavenly Kingdom of Mormons
Just like IRL, now I want a Battleborn Black Flag Army.
>>
>>368030
Thanks for showing these off and talking to us muslim anon, you're pretty based.
>>
Oh fuck they know
>>
>>368040
I'm still working on the mod btw, for anyone interested. Some work's been done on it but it's mostly been planning out the whole of America. Also if any devs are around I'm sorry for being a dick in my first few posts about making my own mod. I was heated over being frustrated with the parts of the mod I disliked, and now that I've started on my own mod I don't feel like I'm stuck playing a mod I dislike if I want to play in a medieval america setting.
>>
Fuck New Jersey
>>
>>368068
>>
>>368074
?
>>
>>368075
crying
>>
>>368068
>>368077
Fun fact, because our data calculated the center point of New York City as roughly between Staten Island and Manhattan and therefore closer to Jersey City than any New York landmass, we briefly had a bug where New York City was in New Jersey.
>>
>>368079
NYC deserves to be in New Jersey. I'm so sorry to hear you're from there, anon.
>>
Ah fuck I've pulled a double dumbass
>>
is this a racist satmar jew duchy around east ramapo, or do we assume they don’t immediately start ethnically cleansing the swartzes after the us central government collapses?
>>
File: image0 (3).jpg (49 KB, 640x459)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
South being fully post racial is dumb
Slavery and its legacy is inherently tied to their culture
Stop letting Yankees and Self-hating Southerners (who are also probably Carpetbaggers) write the lore and events for the South
>>
>>367633
I agree with you, but assuming some forms of continuity existed they'd still be descended from Americana in the area and speaking some future dialect of American English and looking mostly like what they look like currently. Sort-of like how Mycenaean Greeks collapsed during the Bronze Age Collapse, but the people living in their area after it were still undoubtedly *Greek*, speaking a newer version of Greek, descended from the Mycenaeans, etc.
>>
>>368181
There isn’t a Canadian identity today.
>>
>>367952
please leave
>>
>>368114
people can't disagree with me, they are all yankees
>>
>>368495
More often than not, yes.
That or C*lifornians.
>>
>>368495
I mean, I don't have any idea how the internal politics of the mod works. Are there even any Southerners on the team?
>>
>>368539
If they say there are dont trust then, they're all carpetbaggers or wannabe yankees
>>
>>368548
Hearsay says it's mostly
>canadians
>californians
>sudacas
>>
>>368551
>c*lifornians
>>
>>368551
>no actual americans working on it
lmao, you can't make this shit up
>>
File: 1608653404692.jpg (15 KB, 314x372)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>the ABSOLUTE STATE of mod developers
https://github.com/9Kbits/ateff/commit/b7091cc05bc322ccd0b7edb994c2cb5f85f172d2
>>
>>368099
There's something like an AI weight of 5 for randomly generated Yiddish courtiers to be black, which is comparatively tiny.
For reference, randomly spawned Haitian characters have a weight of 2 to be west slavic, which is a pretty neat historical in-joke
>>
>>367610
It's a neat mod.
Pillaging Panama as Minnesotan Vikings is based as fuck.
>>
>>368539
I'm aware of at least one Georgian, tho their main field of work is Yucatan (due to education), a Texan, and a very active community contributor from Carolina. I'm not a dev tho
>>
What the fuck happened with all those deleted posts
>>368065
What is this
>>
>>368663
jannies gonna jan
>>
>>368663
Believe it or not but 4chan does have moderators.
>>
File: EmsG0z6XMAAYbfu.jpg (66 KB, 768x768)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
i feel like all the anons keeping this thread alive got banned lmao
>>
Dev who was in the previous threads here, I can answer some CK3 questions if f there's any more, but there's not much new stuff to talk about. We've mostly been wrapping up the map. There will be a big devlog about that on Saturday with lots of new images, a flyover video, and an in-depth explanation of the process.

>>368551
Those are the three largest demographics but there are people from all over.

>>368640
The Texan is a bit painful to work with though. Texas was the last part of the map done for both coastlines and counties and I will be not the least bit surprised if we end up waiting for it again at this rate.

>>368835
It was also night time in the Americas and this is a new world-oriented mod. But it does seem like there was one or two posters making the majority of the incendiary and low effort posts, all of which went away when they were banned. I preferred the comfy threads we had before anyway.
>>
One thing bother me about Sagrado Corazón. Its most iconic aspect (at least to me) is the whole worship of pantheon of saints, much to the point that the religion isn't even considered as Christianity anymore. But gameplay wise there is only three saint-patrons you can follow and It have been like that as far as I can remember. I feel like there should be more saint-patrons to choose from or at least have something like the decision Tres Potencias where you can choose from a patron from a list of spirits/saints for temporal boost.
>>
>>368895
Tell me about the strait crossings, are you even going to bother adding any now that army DNA is 50% boat?
>>
>>368835
good.
>>
>>369011
You may be disappointed to know we're going the opposite way in CK3. We've split the three main cults into fully realized faiths, all are at least nominally Christian, and Guadalupan is recognized as being more or less Catholic by other Catholics. It's even arguably the "real" catholic, although there are many others who would claim that title.

>>369022
We're going to bother but we didn't yet. The financial cost of renting sea-going ships is potentially significant for tribes even over such short distances.
>>
>>368548
Oh fuck off, the “old dixie “ shit has been dead for decades. Southrons are the most pathetic cucks in the union whose most ardent wish is for their local directional state university football team to run a train on their daughter. Niggerball worshipping mystery meats ruled by fucking pajeets, we were too soft hearted with your lot.
>>
>>367692
this
>>
>>369147
>know nothing cuck projecting his fetish
ebin
>>
>>369147
>Southrons
>>
>>369181
>rajesh vindaloo thinks wearing confed paraphernalia makes him american
>>
File: confederateposter.png (448 KB, 828x1855)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>369192
"cultural impact"
>>
>>369252
What are you even trying to say, anon?
>>
>>369147
Says the Yankee, who is by blood an insufferable leftist.
>>
>>369196
Having pajeets is way, way more a California thing. Are you a schizo or some kinda Puerto Rican mutt squatting in NOO YAWK if we're going down this route?
>>
>>369252
wow I thought jimmy neutron ran for longer
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 205x246)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>368495
Yes.
>>
foreigners might not be aware, so here is what actually goes on when some southron tries to play up his Dukes of Hazard memorabilia: local uni threatens to cancel niggerball team, they cave immediately

>oh no not the Flying Bulldogs!
> we were going to the big bowl this year too!
>we put some much effort into getting our star corner back Deshawntae Williams on parole after the that unfortunate incident with the dead co-Ed!
>>
>>369424
>but this one incident in this one city in this one state
I'm sorry that the southerners live in your head rent free, but why don't you focus on how much worse it is where you live and concentrate on fixing that?
>>
>>369505
>Desawntae is a Gentle Giant you know
> she must have moved suddenly and frightened him, or had an unusual perfume
> Judge Patel Masala agreed (directional state uni class of 87’)
> just a tragedy all around

This is what the American south is actually like
>>
>itt yankee /pol/tards pretend to be le ebin racist southerners for whitey points
go back to your shithole
>>
File: Eq6dl6VXEAEN9Mz.png (149 KB, 680x408)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
A nigger never called me poor
>>
>>369908
can you tell me where Cletus touched you
>>
>>370103
Anyone on CK3 fan fork dev team care to comment on how booba will be incorporated in the mod? Will there be khazar milkers?
>>
>>370168
It is beyond confirmed that Kaitlin Freeland will have huge gaian mommy milkers.
>>
What the actual fuck is this thread? Can someone fill me up, all I see is just throwing shit at each other and shitload of deleted messages
>>
>>370441
It's a ck2 mod set in a post-apocalyptic America that turned back to medieval times. Although it's "ck2 mod set in America" first, the post-apocalyptic aspect is most to explain why everything is medieval.
Some people get butthurt over this mod because one of the lead designers is literally trans jew and they made the founder of South Empire a black guy among other things.
Overall tho it's a fun and quite big mod.
>>
File: b87.png (364 KB, 600x566)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
>>370441
Yankees care more about projecting their power/shitting on the South than they do about making a fun mod for all to play.

The mere mention of anything pro-south awakens YIDF, who immediately need to throw of walls of text about how the South is dead
>>
>>370168
Nothing official but I'm going to try and make sure we maintain compatibility with Carnalitas, since it's a mod I expect to see a lot of users and there's nothing we're doing that should conflict, as long as we keep our DNA tidy.

>>370441
I'm pretty sure at this point people are just shitposting to keep the thread bumped until the devlog drops.
>>
>>367702
based
>>
>>370441
AtE devs fighting eachother like the discord trannies they are
>>
>>370891
>I'm pretty sure at this point people are just shitposting to keep the thread bumped until the devlog drops.
this
>>
Maybe lets do something other than shitpost. What religions do you guys think will be coolest in CK3? What kind of custom player-made religions do you want to make?
>>
>>371525
I'm not planing to get CK3 in any nearby time, but if I could made a religion in AtE I would either go for alienworshipers in Roswell (because come on, Roswell) or warmongering men-hating more amazonian-like heresy of Gaian.
>>
>>371548
>alienworshipers in Roswell (because come on, Roswell)
That's been discussed as a potentially official thing for ages. No idea if it will ever actually happen.

>warmongering men-hating more amazonian-like heresy of Gaian.
Besides the castration, is there a good way to represent man hating?
There's also that gender-divided religion in los llanos, if you take the female path.
>>
>>367668
Neat.
>>
>>367784
>I just like to imagine that by 2600 and post apocalypse we'd have moved past that
I didn't believe discord trannies were anything other than a bizarre conspiracy theory until I read this post
>>
>>367668
>>371619
It's probably not as necessary here as it is with reddit retards, but I should mention that this isn't complete. Nothing inland (trees and mountains) is represented, and there's almost none of the fun little doodles on the west coast, and probably there will be other refinements too. It's not even the most current version any more.
>>
>>367610
I like it. Playing as literal Minnesota vikings and going from small time raiders in the great lakes to looting new York and Cuba is probably one of my most memorable paradox experiences.
>>
>>371657
THE CARIBBEAN SHALL BURN
>>
>>371641
That projection makes my head spin to be honest lul
>>
>>371674
But it's made of water
>>
>>371615
>is there a good way to represent man hating?

>negative relationship modification toward male rulers, especial lieges
>special casus belli against Gaian male rulers if there exist a female pretender to the title
>men can't be advisors and commanders
>always pick up matrilineal marriage, negative prestige and relationship modification if you follow this amazonian religion and are in patrilineal marriage
>succession law locked on Enatic, eventual Enatic-Cognatic
>female followers can have male harems
>more likely for women to be bi or homo and normalized same-sex marriages (still can keep the male harems)
>can rape male prisoners and get trophy child out of it

Some might be more out there that the other.

>There's also that gender-divided religion in los llanos, if you take the female path.
I know, I have been thinking about playing them. Tho I don't like a bit how easily you can switch between the two branches, even if you can do it once per character.
>>
>>367668
>>371641
Why is everything except Alaska sideways.
>>
>>371684
NOT THE SEA, THE ISLANDS
>>
>>371693
There's no right way up for a planet, smoothbrain
>>
>>371525
>What religions do you guys think will be coolest in CK3?
is there a liberal one in which you worship niggers?
>>
>>367633
>Canada doesn’t really exist today

European poster here. Can you expand on this idea please. This sounds interesting.
>>
>>371738
I actually thing it is a great idea to flip the map and make it seem a little bit unfamiliar.
>>
>>371803
American here. The idea is that Canadians are just Americans. A lot of Canadian TV shows, comics, or other cultural stuff is pretty indistinguishable from American stuff. Even politically they're not very distinct, since urban liberals praise Canadian politics so much.
>>
>>371882
Oh yeah and furthermore: it's pretty fucking hard to tell the difference between canadians and americans. Unless you've got a Canadian with a noticeable accent, they talk, act, and look like a generic, non-patriotic american.
>>
>>367871
i am no longer interested in your mod
>>
File: E_dixie.png (66 KB, 360x450)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>367750
>It seriously was never a CSA proxy
Are you really trying to say that a confederacy in the south of the US, with noble families that have the same names as prominent Klan and Confederate families, with a unique mercenary group called "Knights of the Golden Circle", and pic related as its flag wasn't meant to invoke the idea of the CSA?
If that's the case then hot damn, what an impressive series of coincidences.
>>
What's so good about this mod? Does it have any cool formable nations?
>>
>>371693
Pretty sure it's because CK3 won't allow a map to be made tall enough to fit it normally, if I remember right you can rotate the camera in game so it shouldn't be a huge eyesore.
>>
>>370576
>The South loses the civil war but lives rent free in yankee heads
Feels good. Better to be hated and remembered than liked and forgotten.

>>371882
>urban liberals praise Canadian politics so much
Urban liberals are about as American as Canadians, though. That doesn't count. At least Canadians have a culture they can claim.
Otherwise, you're probably not wrong. Canada probably behaves like New England but with the Quebecois trying to secede every once in a while.
>>
>>372104
>At least Canadians have a culture they can claim.
this is what pajeets actually believe
>>
>>371681
You mean the rotation, or something else? The rotation is Paradox's fault since apparently they assumed nobody would ever want to implement a map wider than it is tall. As for the projection itself, if it's different than what you're used to seeing, that's just because it's more accurate. The rotation is kind of cool once you get used to it in actual play though. Even though the mod is barely playable yet (just a shattered world with no mod-specific mechanics or even starting religions) and therefore sucks as a play experience, it's definitely not difficult to navigate in its current form.

>>371693
Alaska may appear to be at a different rotation because normally on flat maps at that lattitude, everything is super stretched out and twisted. That's actually still the case on this map, but it's not nearly as bad as what you're used to seeing. Compare to a globe instead of a map and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you drew a straight line on this map from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego on this map and on the glob, it would pass through all the same places.

Actually, we could have twisted the map around central America to reduce the amount of unused sea area on the map, but it turns out unused map space doesn't really have any effect on performance so we decided not to compromise on accuracy.

>>371738
If you want to see smoothbrain takes, I'm sure reddit will be a hundred times worse when they see it.
>>
>>371882
>>372104
And everyone forgets about Newfoundland...
Sounds like people thinking high level culture is indistinguishable when five minutes watching another country's news channel would probably explain how different they are by the news reader's delivery alone.
>>
File: Rubinsky_son(DVD-CA).jpg (53 KB, 640x480)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>372054
The reality is the current writers just hate the South, past and present; They want to exterminate any sign of it's past in the game, just like they want to do and are doing in real life.
>>
>>371803
They don't have much of an identity. There's Quebec and Ontario, the plains region, BC, Newfandland and the little coastal areas, all just as distinct from each other as they are from any part of the US, or moreso. There's basically no difference between someone from BC or Washington, and they each have just as little in common with people from Mississippi or New Brunswick. To say nothing of the indigenous folks, who disdain the Canadian identity entirely.

>>372172
That's the thing, they don't. They're part of the broad north-American culture gradient, which varies as much from east to west as it does north to south, and does so with only marginal regard for borders. If people argue there's a Canadian culture, they're probably ignorant people who live somewhere on the Quebec City-Windsor corridor and, knowing nothing about Canada outside of that area, assume it's all like what they know.
>>
>>372054
Lmao are the devs trying to memory hole all this because they're embarrassed?
>>
>>367668
I don't want it in CK3.
>>
>>372276
Many of the devs are quite new to the team and don't actually remember the old days. Like many people who are young and dumb, they make assumptions.
>>
File: 800px-Leopold_Lappe.jpg (109 KB, 800x600)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>372276
>>372349
Yes. All the new devs are Yankoids who feel disgust when they see that content so they start trying to immediately purge all of it.
>>
>>372356
Ah yes, Brazil, country famous for being populated by Yankees.
>>
>>372376
The Brazilians aren't the ones who act like that. There's almost no Yankees on the dev team though, the Americans are nearly all westerners.
>>
>>372479
>There's almost no Yankees on the dev team though, the Americans are nearly all westerners.
Anon I think you need your meds, your sentences are barely comprehensible anymore.
>>
>The American South had such virulent diseases that indentured European populations just died too quickly for plantations to be viable
>But it turns out that Africans have resistance to some tropical diseases that would otherwise ravage our *cough* servant population, so we needed to import them
So if the American South has horrible tropical diseases that only sickle-cell bearers are likely to survive without modern medicine, and modern society collapses, wouldn't it make sense for a good chunk of the American South to be populated by the people who are resistant to the local diseases?
>>
>>367757
>how are the americanists racist
>>
>>370569
never try from your own supply m90, never
>>
>>372494
You probably just don't know what a Yankee is.
>>
>>372625
It's hard to say, since most of the diseases have been eradicated from the area. Even if they come back, they're probably within the bounds of what we can simulate using something like the smallpox event chain. At least, that's the best way to implement it.
>>
>>372625
Diseases in the American South weren't too bad, iirc. That mainly applied to the suger plantations in the Caribbean and Brazil, which were notorious for their death rates (even for Africans with stronger immunities to diseases).
I think the main reason indentured servitude didn't really work well was because they were able to organize effectively (since they were all English) and had temporary terms. They were much closer to temp workers than dedicated slaves, so chattel slavery was a much more economical strategy.
>>
the reason slavery was so popular in the American south was no one wanted to be colonel sanders wagie when there was tons of Free Real Estate nearby. Blacks are childish and incompetent, so they wouldn’t flee the plantation or start a revolt.
>>
>>373195
How can someone get in the ballpark of being right but also be so totally wrong.
>>
>>373412
Do l*berals suddenly believe that blacks have agency now after coddling them for years?
>>
>>367679
If you're still here, mister dev man, please explain >>372054
>>
File: reddit.jpg (299 KB, 2000x1125)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>368030
>karen
>>
>>373562
No, they just get angry when people point it out explictly.
>>
>devlog still isn't out
>>
>>373412
by being right but also not being sufficiently reverential to shitlib sacred objects
>>
>>373769
Like what, a basic understanding of economics?
>>
>>373765
It's gonna be late for stupid reasons.
>>
>>373594
Just a name coincidence, the event text follows the name of the character and the leader just happened to be named Karen.
>>
>>373918
If you're a dev, can you explain why you're trying to retcon reality in regards to the HCC literally being a CSA reference?
>>
>>373566
Muslim dev dude here again. sorry for the delay.

So, here's the full deal, and 4tards aren't gonna like the answer.

The HCC was meant to be a trap for CSA larpers. You click the map, you see a grey 'confederate' blob over the south, with the stars and bars (but color inverted). Only when you open it up, things like the Black march exist, as do tuskegean lords being very prominent in the very clearly post-racial HCC. Go ahead and download the earliest version of the OG mod and revert your ck2, and you will find this is true.

The OG developer - who lots of dumbasses like to hold up as "baste and redpilled", is literally a:) in the community discord server and you can ping him, b:) a socialist and c:) works at paradox.

The names and the flag WERE coincidences - he pulled up a namelist of 'prominent georgian/virginian/etc' families and attributed them to the rulers in the HCC - you can join the discord if you're not already in and see the freakout that happened when someone pointed out the Venables were a klan family.

Long story short, though it's funny to trap people on either 'side' of the political aisle in the US, its dumb and doesn't make for actual good content. We removed the overt CSA stuff from them because the HCC isn't supposed to be the CSA, its supposed to be the CSA, and getting suggestions about "dynamic slavery" was really dumb.

I'm here if you got any more questions.
>>
>>373765
It's out on the patreon as of now, will be out tomorrow publicly. The map is shown off.
>>
>>373923
Read my answer addressed to another anon, didn't see your post until i had already responded, apologies for the delay.
>>
>>373933
>socialist
>works at paradox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOfql4OWTng
>>
File: the wall.png (629 KB, 482x559)
629 KB
629 KB PNG
Can maybe sneak one or two more images from work I'm doing regarding California, maybe in a future thread I'll show off work pertaining to the HCC update (don't have anything right now hahaha)
>>
>>373950
Which particular border is this wall protecting?
>>
>>373957
The sea, from haida raids and unknown threats (the japanese invasion)
>>
File: sat ptsd.png (611 KB, 477x558)
611 KB
611 KB PNG
dynamic SAT ptsd event
>>
File: file.png (247 KB, 800x764)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>373765
>>373936
Oy vey, a free dev log? How can we run a business giving things away for free? Just send $20 on Patreon and you can see it. We'll use those $50 to buy life saving hormones. After all, $60 is the normal price of a video game, so if you're not willing to pay $70 that we'll definitely die without, you're basically a Nazi and probably a racist confederate southerner too. So just go to Patreon and pledge $100 and you can see the dev log right away. It's today like we said, it's only natural that you shitlord goys would pay $150 for it.
>>
>>373958
>broke
Protecting your borders from gaian/atomicist/saint worshipper aggression
>woke
SeA wAlL
>>
>>373972
you're trying too hard buddy

if you're curious, the money is used to pay for art, like the lincoln loading screen we showed off a few months ago, or buying resources like 3d models for the ck3 clothes, it hasnt gone into anyone's personal expenditures (and i think its like 50 or 100 or something like that per month)
>>
>>373986
That doesn't change that it was supposed to be out today and it's only out behind a paywall.
>>
File: the wall pt 2.png (631 KB, 481x563)
631 KB
631 KB PNG
>>373975
here's the completed wall, it gives good effects and curbs raiders from fucking up your californian coastline

as for protecting borders from those wackos, you can already do that - you can form the northern/eastern protectorates by capturing portland or el paso respectively. we'll be overhauling it next update too by giving you special CB's, and allowing AI or player barbarians to send you children (of special interest to californians) and bribes and gifts so you dont invade them hahahaha
>>
>>373986
Seems like you're taking shitposting a little too seriously, my possibly inbred friend
>>
>>373991
>>373950
Completely meme-tier.
>>
>>373988
the patreon announcement has been known for months now, dont get angry at me for something you didnt know (and something i dont control)
>>
>>373992
nah

I just like to respond because behind shitposting there may be others who have serious questions, and i figure I am here, I may as well pre-emptively answer

all is in good fun!
>>
>>373992
Fun fact, the Inca had actual "divine blood" type royal inbreeding like the Zoroastrians didn't, and so are likely to get it in CK3 now that the border of the map includes their area.
>>
File: great basin.jpg (853 KB, 1920x1080)
853 KB
853 KB JPG
last stuff i can show off here.

great basin provinces; these are not complete and may change.

credit to our mapper dev
>>
>>373994
The release date being today has also been announced, and yet it's not today. If the paypigs are going to get it early then give it to them early, don't give it to everyone else late.
>>
Question to the Muslim dev guy
Who coded the diversity events and why are Panamanians considered the whitest South Americans in the game code
>>
>>373997
Yes. It's the one instance of reddit marriage you'll see in the ck3 version of AtE, unless you make a faith with reddit marriage as a tenet
>>
>>374001
the diversity events are made with every time we make a culture; there's not a particularly dedicated coder for them. theyre pretty good for showing off things like LA without making hundreds of cultures across the map. now that you mention it, I should go and edit the anjalusi diversity events now that we re-enabled greekgfx.

The panamanians were probably given those percentages by our panama devs in 1.1, so i dont know the why or how of it. its easy to adjust if you want, just nudge the percentages higher or lower.
>>
>>374005
I'm pretty sure they already have a chance to spawn as Greek instead of just generic brown even if it's a very, very low chance (which honestly, the fact "brown" exists as an ethnicity in the mod's files is fucking hilarious as it's used to depict everyone from mulattoes to Mexicans to Arabs)
>>
have to go eat, please forgive delays in responding, but i am here still and open to questions
>>
>>374010
This is an imageboard, not your Twitter. Nobody cares.
>>
>>374010
Tell me about new Texas. Anything cool for old Abner Hannegan?
>>
>>374010
What are fun goals I could aim for if I played this mod?
>>
>>374088
aint got a clue desu, probably no event chains for him, but stay tuned
>>
>>374204
Lots, but i'm not a really good salesman lol. I'll just give a small list and you can ask me further questions if you want

-Restoration of the US, or any other pre-event countries
-bringing your faith/empire to dominate the area you're in
-restoring the californian empire and ending the warlord era going on
-Patria Grande and south america restoration
-putting your family on the throne of brazil

etc;
>>
>>374225
Anything for New Yorkers specifically?
>>
>>374231
Yes.

New York state is very diverse in religions and cultures, and is split between a few polities...
For one, Manhattan starts as a MR; there are several prominent families, but also a small character event chain for the Wayne family. You can expand your power/influence with the religions present in the MR (or the courtiers therein)

Upper NY is ruled by the Hudsonian kingdom - based in Albany, if I remember correctly, and its an Anabaptist monarchy. Lots of potential to expand.

There is the Empire State (empire) you can form, and of course, being on the east coast, you can use your momentum to then form America if you wish.
>>
>>374204
Kill every single black character
>>
File: zjoYZ2p.png (558 KB, 680x541)
558 KB
558 KB PNG
>>374315
>>
Tranny mod. Also other than americanist can we get a hellenic equivalent in the game? Maybe someone finds the Iliad or the odyssey and wants to reform the religion but it isn't what it was
>>
>>374377
There ain’t a place to put them that would be reasonable desu... and I can’t guarantee anything of course, but let me work on the idea of “discover ancient religion” that fits the theme of AtE. It’ll definitely be in the ck3 version as a dead faith if it won’t make it into 1.2
>>
>>374463
this damn bot posting these Japanese words into my sentences
>>
>>374336
I will never get why Argentina has been memed into being la atrocidad de la negros
>>
>>374465
The word filter filters words used only by plebs, faggots, and people generally deserving of being disdained for their shit style of communication. Type out your sentences properly and it won't get you at all.
>>
>>374551
It's an outgrowth from making fun of them for insisting that they're white when they're visibly brown.
>>
>>367682
I would have thought that's because Islam would have to be be added alongside some crazy politically incorrect shit like a 9-11 invasion from the oldworld (like the Japanese/ Russian/British ones).

The Shirners and Californian syncretics are Ok by comparison. As with the Jews, they're so weak and isolated that they inevitably crumble unless under player control.
>>
>>374672
It's because they fucked up the Islam code when adding Americanists so would have had to write a whole new religion, which would have been a lot of work for something so minor.

People forget how limited the scope of the mod used to be.
>>
>>371693
Screens are wide, the America's are tall. This makes it so you can see more stuff at once on a monitor.
>>
>>372100
You can rotate the camera, but it doesn't hold it - as soon as you let go, it snaps back.
>>
>>374672
>>374747
This is the correct answer. Islam was mechanically a mess to re-add into AtE, and when the ck2 update borked the original mod, 9k had to go and remove all lingering references of it in the code to get the game to function (along with Zoroastrian, Buddhist, etc;) combine this tedious process with dumb suggestions like “make a religion called “Islam” in Detroit county :)” and the ‘no Islam’ rule was made to stop those suggestions

The Islam sub mod that I made with someone else had to manually re-add every single reference to Islam back into the games code, and I wanted to do it in a way that matched the lore with AtE, I’m biased but I think the orientalists, trads, and imamites meet that.
>>
>>374641
My apologies. English is not my first language and most of the time, my structure is pretty decent, but I occasionally have these errors
>>
>>375010
Orientalists are the only acceptable kind of Muslim in ATE
>>
Devlog is up: https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterTheEndFanFork/comments/kzdu1s/after_the_end_ck3_dev_diary_2_the_map_part_one/
>>
>the people using twitterspeak are actual discord trannies and redditors
I always knew in my heart, but it's nice to have it confirmed once more.
>>
>>375039
hey man, so long as you enjoy playing them, its all good
>>
Test
>>
>>375010
Islam in Michigan would have made WAY more sense than socal turning muslim
>>
>>375229
Five things you seem to be unaware of.

1. The (second) largest community of arab/muslim diaspora in the US is in Orange county, specifically in Anaheim's little Arabia. There are over 1 million muslims in California, amounting to about 1/40 part of the state's population.

2. Socal didn't "turn muslim" dude, its three counties in a kingdom with many more than that.

3. Michigan was already occupied by the major bookmark character Coleman the Liberator (rust cultist); there are some trads in his court and there are traditionalists in Milwaukee (which was previously an unplayable republic), but in ck3 their placement will be more in michigan proper.

4. The imamites in socal were never about forced conversion or whatever, they were always a ruling minority when they held socal.

5. The islamic influence in California comes from before the Fan Fork - I don't need to remind you about the "guru muhammad" who is a major influencer in Cetic thought. Clearly, muslims existed enough to be incorporated/learned from in Cetic ideology.

In any case, you'll like some of the changes coming to California's religious set up come next update.
>>
>>375236
Hey muslim dev, is it true Zakariyya is your self insert?
>>
>>375238
God, no. That's an awful idea.

It started as a joke, but the idea has been spread unironically. Here's the real details on Zakariyya's creation.

>Back in the Islam submod days
>Working on making lore to fit the AtE setting for the submod; literally came up with the concepts of the imamites, trads (and what seperates them) and orientalists over the course of a meal
>I like to think I'm a pretty decent writer
>my one flaw in writing is coming up with names.
>Spend literally three weeks trying to come up with a name for the figure that would be named 'Zakariyya'
>eventually, the other person who was working with me on the submod asked me "how do you say Zack in arabic"
>Zack is someone we both know
>tell them "Zakariyya"
>zakariyya gets born

You can even verify it here: https://github.com/9Kbits/ateff/commit/820d06fb9efda0319a387606b722631732a68485

This is my first (and only) commit of actual code, I'm not much of a coder moreso a writer and artist and ideas guy.
>>
>>375236
The biggest community for Muslims in the US is in Michigan, especially on a per capita basis. “Little Arabia” has a population of less than 30,000 people and is only mentioned by you because you fucking live there. 1/40th of a population of almost 40 million is a drop in the bucket, especially when Christianity still makes up the largest segment of religious Californians and yet has no presence in ATE California outside of cetiscm.

And pretending that Mohammed was a major influence on Cetic thought Is silly, the religions description mentions Buddha, Christ and L Ron Hubbard as major influences along with the first Emperor, while Mohamed is mentioned in the same way John Muir and Carl Sagan are.
Why is it that of all the influences in ceticsm only Islam remained independent when Scientology or fucking Christianity didn’t? It’s because your Muslim and you wanted the region you live to be Muslim too. Fuck, at least with the other self inserts like Levi the Liberator there’s the excuse that he conquered the land and spread his religion there, for SoCal it’s just you shoving your religion into prominence in a region it has never held sway in without any good justification for it.
>>
>>375283
I live in san diego, buddy, but okay

You don't need to turn your anger onto me so strongly, especially when I am strongly advocating for christians in places they should be. Anger does not do you good
>>
>>375285
I like how you can’t even bother to address anything I said. Fact of the matter is Muslims in Michigan makes way more sense then Muslims in SoCal.
The Great Lakes in this Mod are a clusterfuck but it would still fit better than Islam becoming prominent in SoCal.
>>
>>375291
I don't owe you an answer, and I don't need to justify myself to you. at the end of the day, you're the one raging over a mod on sunday night, when I have been nothing but courteous to you. have a good day.
>>
File: Muslims.jpg (69 KB, 512x395)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>375291
I dunno anon, it seems to make more sense. With California they're not a large amount anywhere but there's enough that if they coalesced they'd be large enough to be a majority in at least a small area, I'm not sure if that'd be the case for Michigan.
>>
>>375296
I never asked you to justify your decisions, I simply said Islam makes more sense in a region where it has a large centralized population as opposed to a tiny segment in one of the most populated regions of the country.
You responded to me and gave a bunch of half assed reasons why and then got offended when I didn't agree with you. If your only response to legitimate observations is to go full Douchebag then all it shows is that you don’t have the means to actually defend your argument.
>>
>>375304
The biggest population of Muslims in the US is in Michigan. My point is that California has such a huge population of non Muslims that it seems peculiar that Muslims would become prominent there as opposed to a region they already have a strong footprint in.
>>
>>375306
I have already explained to you that I cannot undoe the situation in michigan that existed prior to the submod, let alone after integration. I worked with what I could.
>>
>>375296
If you aren't going to respond properly, then don't respond at all. Getting indignant and trying to defend your ego like a simpering tool only makes the thread worse.
>>
File: BVLL.jpg (143 KB, 1044x768)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Gaian Patriarchal heresy when?
(But it's just vanilla Hellenism)
>>
>>374315
edgy
>>
>>373997
>the Inca had actual "divine blood" type royal inbreeding like the Zoroastrians didn't
>In the youngest Avestan text, the Vendidad, the urine of sheep, oxen, and those who marry next-of-kin are viewed as being particularly pure and devoid of corruption by Ahriman and therefore able to be used by corpse-bearers to wash and purify themselves
bruh
>>
>>373950
>building a wall and making the sea peoples pay for it
>>
>>375283
>Why is it that of all the influences in ceticsm only Islam remained independent when Scientology or fucking Christianity didn’t?
Can we get an answer on whether there are plans to make a full-fledged Scientology religion? People in previous threads said it was likely because of the very real possibility of legal action
>>
>>375518
*it was likely not added before because
>>
tranny mod
>>
>>373972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVXnoanopzA
>>
File: New-France-1007x1024[1].png (612 KB, 1007x1024)
612 KB
612 KB PNG
Why did they remove New France? I had a lot of fun rebuilding it from LA up to Quebec
>>
>>375577
it was buggy for crusade weightsl
>>
>>375518
We will never make Scientology a religion in AtE proper.

BUT, I am working on an AtE West Coast spin-off - just after the end - and Scientology will be present *as they themselves allege Scientology to be* for protection
>>
>>375364
CK3
>>
>>375854
...speaking of just after the end, why isn't During the End updated anymore? I loved the comfy survivorcore experience immediately after the bombs drop followed by rebuilding.
>>
hey muslim dev is it true that your self-insert canonically cried when Disneyland burned down, and it was the turning point in his life?
>>
>>375870
DtE is updated by its maker; he’s not really active as far as I know, and I think the 1.0 update broke it
>>
>>375926
Not muslim dev but I read the lore, it's true iirc
>>
>>375926
I’m not going to respond to the facetious part of this, but I did want to explain why “the mouse” only exists in Florida (and not in Orange County), so I came up with this idea that it’s only remembered as some pre-event castle that was utterly destroyed long before game start
>>
>>367618
Hey Muslim anon, you seem pretty alright.

Will you EVER add Christians to California??? We exist here too despite how Newsolinni acts.
>>
>>375998

All I can say is stay tuned.

The first DD for 1.2 gonna be about Texas for sure, then probably something else. Look out for the Cali DD’s to see your hearts desire (if it is there)
>>
>>376000
Have to go eat lunch, I’m still available for questions complaints or what have you, good talking to you all.
>>
>>367699
go choke on dogshit lmao
>>
>>376012
Maybe you should stop lashing out at me and do something about the judeo-western cultural rot consuming your countries bruh.
>>
No visual yet but the niagra falls is looking great
>>
File: file.png (404 KB, 1023x211)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
Here's something with a visual though, just some color variations. Note, the one on the left wouldn't appear in game since that's using high nobility garbs and high nobility should always have a proper crown once it's implemented (the model is made already though)
>>
>>376239
goddamn that's good
>>
File: 1553556072507.jpg (14 KB, 389x386)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>367682
What the fuck is Islam doing in the US anyway? There are nowhere near enough Muslims for it to establish itself as a relevant religious force especially after society collapses and people go back to old tribal behavior.
>>
>>370569
The only black people I know of who'd be interested in a real Southern empire spend all their time shit-talking other blacks for being traitors desu.
>>367750
>>373933
>It's always been post-racial... because the idea of 18th century chattel race-science doesn't work in the feudal era
People in the feudal era would run you out of the village for being slightly tanner or having an accent, let alone being black. Humanity has always been racist, the whole multicultralism and multiracialism should would get stomped out hard in a societal regression. An empire can contain multiple 'nations' of peoples just fine, but crossing those nations tends not to work well. Even the Romans knew this and very specifically scattered problem peoples into foreign nations so they'd be marginalized and bred out.

The only form of 'post-racial' that exists is when you turn everyone into mutts. And then while you killed two races you made a new one, that will group together and exclude outsiders.
>>372195
The fucker's idea of adding southern 'culture' is just to put in fucking barbecues, and I'm betting he won't even do those right.
>>
>>367777
>to say otherwise is literal blindness/white privilege
I thought I was on 4chan, what the fuck is this?
>>
>>374315
I did think about doing a game where I started in the south and tried to get rid of any black nobles and kill off cultures that produce blacks. I've done similar things to Ethiopia in the default game.
>>
>>376268
You'd have to remove Native Americans from a lot of places where they are currently dominant in the mod by that logic.
The difference I'd argue is that Native Americans still make sense in those places due to their long cultural history. Whereas muslims are such historical newcomers to the US that the Orientalists are unironically the most believable implementation of American Islam in the mod.
>>
>>376322
>You'd have to remove Native Americans from a lot of places where they are currently dominant in the mod by that logic
I don't have a problem with that. If I had designed the mod, I'd have Natives being isolated to Oklahoma and the larger reservations like the Cherokee one, and trying to bring them back would be a challenge game like trying to bring Zoroastrianism back or conquering Europe as a West African in CK2.
>>
>>376277
seethe harder
>>
>>376345
About what? The Californian Muslim not knowing how Southern barbecue works and how superficial that is culturally?
>>
>>376324
Look anon, that’s great and all, but at the end of the day AtE has always had a relatively optimistic post-apocalypse look.

AtE isn’t “oh yeah after the event, this group got genocided”, it’s always about “castles in your hometown in America. There are just over 3 million Muslims in the US, let’s not entertain the idea that 3 million of them are somehow less relevant or important than the Haida (1500 of whom exist)
>>
>>376353
hey man, that wasn’t me, but I welcome your suggestions for actual cultural events if you genuinely want to help me. I have no bias against the south which is why I am working on updating it for 1.2, please give me all your suggestions and I’ll be glad to do what I can
>>
>>376357
>Relatively optimistic
>Whites are majority minority in most of the country
I'd definitely disagree.
>>
>>376359
As they should be
>>
>>376366
Why should the founding people of a nation be outnumbered and eliminated by others?
>>
>>376358
The problem is that CK is really bad at small-scale events, which is most of what you find.
>>
>>376368
because muh noble savage injuns n shiet
>>
is it really made by trannies? this is important
>>
>>376519
The head dev went tranny for some reason, but most of the dev team is still cis, iirc
>>
>>376277
>People in the feudal era would run you out of the village for being slightly tanner or having an accent
Cite some sources on this
>>
>>376534
what is it with discord trannies? why do they exist and what is their goal?
>>
>>376324
>conquering Europe as a West African in CK2
This isn't hard
>>
>>376368
Because that nation has been dead for six centuries.
>>
>>376537
It's literally autism, that and discord forming insular cliques of yesmen
>>
>>376540
social media and americans are to blame for this
>>
>>376539
Anon, the US isn't even three centuries old.
>>
File: EruUu48XIAsY9Ec.png (443 KB, 680x383)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
>>373933
>>375283
>>375285
>>375291
>>375296
And the mask finally comes off; This mod *has* been hijacked by Yankees with an axe to grind against the South. He can quote how the original dev was merely pretending to make the confederacy 2.0, but it is obvious that dev "changed" his opinion now that he has a public job.

The saddest part is how this proud Mohammedan has been assimilated into the Yankoid-Californian mindset. Bragging about putting trap paths into your mod? Getting angry with only 1 line of criticism? This is not the mindset of a proud Champion of Islam but of an angry feminine Yankoid.
>>
>>376738
Right, so by the game's time frame it's been gone twice as long as it existed.
>>
>>376750
They were still the ones who populated and built up this area. If civilization collapsed, the land that made up England would still rightly belong to the English people, for example.
>>
>>376740
>hijacked by Yankees
>San Diego
>brown muslims and jews
Imagine being this stupid. It's not like Californians are even any better
>>
>>376755
Yankoid thinking is a state of mind, not just blood
>>
>>376755
To be fair to him, Californians are essentially identical to Yankees in their beliefs and behavior.
>>
>>376757
Rent free
>>
>>376759
Can't blame someone for being mad at the people who stole his country and freedom from him, anon.
>>
>>376373
What would you suggest for large-scale events?

I'm genuinely interested in adding content that makes sense for the south.
>>
>>367872
I really want to give that a try out
eg central Brazillian here, if you want any hints of culturisms
>>
>>376855
glad you like it, the brazil devs did a lot of hard work on it!
>>
>>376858
nice, any estimation on when it will come around?
>>
>>376740
>implying it wasn’t always run by yankees
>implying that being a yankee is a bad thing
cope harder
>>
>>376867
>Being a yankee is bad
Yankees hate themselves and their history, so yes, it is bad to be a Yankee.
>>
File: oc.jpg (315 KB, 1366x768)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
Couple days ago I randomly picked the one province feudal occultist count in Chaleur that starts off surrounded by Christian realms and it was easier than I expected. The Ursuline counties on the north were rather weak and easy target for invasions. I was also somewhat lucky that Maritimes didn't attack me in the start. As usual it wasn't long until Maritimes got fuck over by everything else (but mostly tribal occultist from New England), so they aren't much problem now. For now I just need to conquer the last province on the peninsula and the one other province to make custom kingdom and then I don't know if I will go into Quebec or New England (I leaning more to Quebec) or will abandon the run.
This was also my first game as occultist and I'm surprised how generic the faith is in term of mechanic. Maybe I'm missing some events or decisions, but there don't seem to have much original content. Both vision quest and Halloween celebration are something they share with other religions.
Other run I tried is gaian Western Snake tribe with the aim to conquer the Mormon kingdom, but I don't know if I will get back to this game. It quite annoys me that I have low income and no good target nearby to raid. Everyone around me are poor tribes, no option to sail by river as well.
>>
>>376863
Not soon, but hopefully this year
>>
>>376740
Dumb Confedecuck
>>
>>373562
Blacks have always had agency you fucking retard. It's poor people who lack it. With institutional barriers fucking them for centuries, surprise surprise, a lot of blacks are poor people. Just because you were born with a silver spoon up your ass doesn't mean other people don't have problems. Fuck off to /pol/ already
>>
File: file.png (466 KB, 537x757)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
I feel like some of the AtE stuff makes the vanilla stuff look worse.
>>
>>377121
>You're not black so you were born with a silverspoon!
All your talk of 'class not race' and yet you completely discount lower class whites. Why are they poor then, if they have a silver spoon, anon?
>>
>>376740
I’m going to keep an open mind. I don’t mind appreciating the work of anyone who is of another race or (reasonable) faith. I respected jewbits as a reasonable creator up until he declared himself a woman, and I still believe that he made a very positive impact on the project in the past.
Sayyid is known for having a temper and is far too confrontational, but I think his work has made the mod more interesting, except that the Orientalists won’t stop fucking jihading me in the late game even though I have 50x their army and they’re unlanded, so I have to spend 8 years of boredom with my character and realm being crippled because you can’t let your character do anything during a war and the only way to get warscore on them is to wait.
>>
MEXICO IS MESOAMERICAN, BLOODY VIRGIN WORSHIPPERS FUCK OFF
>>
>>368366
there is at least a quebec one
>>
>>377191
It's just different when it's your people he's shitting on, is the thing. People who play balkanized america games and are Southern want to be able to do something for the glory of the South, but then you have these guys coming in and shitting on your region, making it some pozzed ass 'post-racial' SJW trash with no actual Zouthern cultural or religious associations.
>>
>>377224
man this is the fourth time ive asked you for actual southern cultural or religious associations, I have not touched the south ever as a dev. Please respond and give me ideas if you want the area to improve and satisfy you
>>
>>375304

You'd have better odds of the Chumash taking over LA than you do of whole swaths of the coast going majority muslim.
>>
>>377234

You'll be waiting a very long time. You might get some shit about southern hospitality, but there are no great books, no great stories, no great figures (unless you count traitors from the civil war or klansmen) or much of anything to distinguish them apart from poverty, a nails on chalkboard accent, and a deep seated inferiority complex that was the natural result of being eclipsed by their northern betters centuries ago.

If you took every antebellum southern book and writer together, they still wouldn't measure up to two or three of Mark Twain's books.
>>
>>377243
one province bro

literally one province
>>
>>377245
Hey brother, I like Twain's legacy a lot and I am against neo-confederate attitude, but I also feel he has a right to express frustration if he wants more local content, which is why I am asking him for suggestions, because i am 100% earnestly asking for his input
>>
>>377245
>no great books
If you're going to choose Twain, I'll choose Faulkner
>no great stories
Pick a state and I'll tell you one
>no great figures
George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, fucking Abraham Lincoln
>being eclipsed by their northern betters centuries ago
Cope. Yanks were so desperate for the South that they let slavery exist in all but name for another century.
>>
>>377245
>poverty
>eclipsed by their northern betters
4 of the top ten states in wealth and population are Southern, anon, and the 11th state is also Southern. The South has some poor places, but this idea that they're all poor and irrelevant is some outdated shit from the late 19th century.
>>
>>377255
One of the problems is that you reject the whole Confederate thing in the first place. Like it or not, that has a large footprint in Southern identity and history. Especially when you have to present most of the South as a whole and can't focus down on a particular state. We can talk about Southern culture ideas, about honor and politeness and how personal conversation is approached and how it fits better into a 'chivalry' context you find in this game than other US cultures but by necessity everyone has to fit into that framework so it doesn't matter. Most festivals are relatively small and family or village level, which doesn't help much when you play a Count or above here. Small scale cultural differences in general are hard to represent in CKII too. You are going to have to take things that are familiar and then 'mutate them' to make them more significant and relevant in a parody-like matter with the excuse of societal collapse and hundreds of years, but when you're so eager to reject actually major parts of Southern history and culture I don't think you can do that well.
>>
>>377255
Like for one, the entire idea of Nobility in the South should be heavily based on the 'Plantation Nobility' even without the slavery aspect, because that's the closest the South had to such a thing and their culture and behavior heavily borrowed from French (especially pre-French Revolution) and to a lesser degree English nobility while they existed. That creates an actual, distinct basis to build from and research but then you'd have to acknowledge the Confederacy.
>>
>>377270
Spanish influence is important too, for Louisiana and Florida at least
>>
>>377273
Yes, that's true, though Louisiana was also the most heavily French.
>>
>>377270
one thing, anon is right about plantations. We still have them everywhere, most of them are being used as museums but they could easily become the new forts of the nobility if we went back to feudalism
>>
>>377282
They'd be great places to set up a traditional feudal hold with peasants and such as well, what made them good for cash crops will make them good for food crops.
>>
>>377284
agreed, and i am not adverse to referencing the confederacy (it would however be warped, in AtE understanding, as the 'true union'), what do you suggest?
>>
>>377289
You're being too vague. If you are Ali, you didn't acknowledge most of what I posted for one thing, which is going to be an impediment to any discussion. Either way, you have to guide me to what you are looking for specifically.
>>
>>377289
>(it would however be warped, in AtE understanding, as the 'true union'

post-apocalyptic feudal confederates is funny by itself, why do this unless you pushed it even further and went full Colonel Sanders with everything
>>
>>376926
>This was also my first game as occultist and I'm surprised how generic the faith is in term of mechanic
When it comes down to actual unique mechanics, is how I've felt about most of the faiths in the mod. Trailwalkers were especially bland, good to hear they're getting a unique government in the next update.
Could anyone recommend religions that have a lot of unique stuff going on? I've never tried any of the Christian religions besides Anabaptists but I imagine they're mostly just vanilla Christianity. Also I'm not really interested in any of the South American religions, though the one with the different gender aspects definitely looks interesting.
>>
>>367610
Original was cool but it died and the fan fork is run by communist trannies
>>
Still waiting on my inland PNW rework. Gaians and the Trailwalkers should have the Columbia River as a border and Lincoln should be shattered so the Gaian center of power can be in Cascadia as god intended.
>>
>>367682
There should be an Easter egg Muslim county where that one dude had built a terrorist training camp that got memory holed.
>>367750
>-The Stone Mountain being described as "a gash on the mountainside"
That wasn’t in the original mod you fucking lying tranny it got added with the special liberator negro backstory
>>376268
There should be that one pocket of Somalis in the Midwest. Speaking of, shouldn’t mennonites and the Amish be fucking huge? They are projected to be fucking massive by 2100
>>
>>377357
The amish are huge, they have their own kingdom and even neighboring hudsonia is anabaptist.
>>
>>377342
Americanist is good. Its got its own warrior order and has the hashishin equivalent of the men in black.
>>
>>377357
>Culture map of South America for CK3 ATE is released
>Paraguay has basically been taken over by Mennonites in the time after the event
lul
>>
>>377357
ATE has always been like this. We have always been at war with Eastasia.
>>
>>377342
>though the one with the different gender aspects definitely looks interesting
If you end up playing as them, keep in mind that they have special decisions you can access through character portrait's menu. I think women can cast love spell and men can pray for strength and fertility.
For other religions, Druidism has a lot of original decisions and other stuff apparently because it's lifted from other mod. Be it like inviting bards, druids, creation of Knights of the Round Table and such.
It's borderline South America, but I think Mictlantec seems interesting, since you're basically play as Aztec. Human sacrifices, special cb for catching prisoners, own society, you can proclaim yourself an incarnation of god (for human sacrifice).
>>
>>377243
>You'd have better odds of the Chumash taking over LA than you do of whole swaths of the coast going majority muslim.

You’ll only take my anal marriage license from my cold, dead hands.
>>
>>377245
>but there are no great books
Lmao it’s funny how zoomers are completely illiterate.
>>
File: 1573199699624.jpg (728 KB, 1480x1080)
728 KB
728 KB JPG
>>377234
>>377191
>>377255
Since you are being cordial, and I seriously appreciate by the way, I'll stop shitposting and give you a serious answer about what could be included.

Firstly,
>>377270
>>377273
>>377274
These posts are right on the money for what a 'high' Southern, Urban South can and has looked like. Despite being a Protestant/Baptist Bastion, if you look at cities like New Orleans, and Charleston, SC you can seen tons of influence from both the French and Spanish. In Charleston this can be seen in the magnificent churches of all different sects of Christianity, including a notable Huguenot community that served as a nexus for surviving expelled French Huguenots. While the architecture is still unmistakably an English colonial style, you also see plenty of French and Spanish influence on these buildings.

Secondly,
>>377259
>>377245
Despite being an arrogant Yankee, there is a more than a hint of truth in the fact the South's more 'high' culture was devastated by the Civil War as he brags about. Most of the most interesting stories I can tell you about Old Virginia are from the reconstruction period and earlier. To start, the mod does a good job by having everything north of Richmond be Americanist, while Southwest Virginia is still Evangelical because that more or less matches the current status quo. That are has the last remains of the local elite which I will now go into detail about.

Going back to before the civil war, Virginia had a local elite that was a complete meme; To gain prestige people would claim to have literal nobility because they shared a bloodline with Pocahontas, which all influential Men would have family trees to show their claims. Indeed, the de facto nobility was very related to each other; The most influential family, the Randolph family of Virginia, were called "the Adam and Eve of Virginia" due to all their blood ties almost all other important Virginian families had.

Part 1/?
>>
In the south, make their current insane love of niggerball into a sort of flower wars system where counties have internal wars where they gain large amounts of prestige and nigger courtiers can take up to 12 concubines.
>>
File: 1609292437231.jpg (54 KB, 720x392)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>378011
Indeed, many influential men of the early United States shared blood with the Randolph family: John Marshall, Thomas Jefferson, and Robert E. Lee are all well known names with direct blood ties to them, and of course each scion of the Randolph family (Jr. of course) would be in the Virginian General Assembly.

On that note, Virginia's local traditions meant that they very early on came into friction with the North to Democratize. Many members of the Assembly actually had an incredibly dim view of Democracy, and even though Jefferson was literal family (from in-law status and blood) he was seen very much as a radical of his time. Many were against expanding the right to vote at all and some even questioned why they were writing an idealistic constitution of liberty instead of just maintaining pre-revolutionary colonial government (without a King).

Even as they slowly gave ground to the Northern State's demands to eventually expand the vote in the early 19th century, they did many things to get around it. For example the Virginian Government actually had for a time a privy council that functioned in a similar way to Venice's council of 10.

The last major thing they were well known for, is never spending money except on things like railroads on the east, something that caused incredible tension in what eventually became West Virginia because since they could not just appoint a feudal vassal to run the area as that would be unconstitutional, they just choose to ignore the region instead.

Eventually however, the Civil War ripped the State apart, and it entered into a slow death that takes centuries to fully realize.

tl;dr: Virginia had a unique local culture and government, and ingame I imagine a local fedual ruler in the Southwest of Virginia might want to align with the South, rediscover/LARP the old ways back into relevance again, while eventually becoming the powerhouse of the South again.
>>
>>378021
The entire US is obsessed with black dominated sports, and soccer is similarly dominated by them in Europe. The more you post the less this comes across as "I hate the South and blacks both" and more "I have a blacked fetish" so you really need to wind it back.
>>
All this ridiculous nerd pratterlubg about churches and plantations that are already museums. Here is your culture bro, here’s going to be your ruins.
>>
>>378023
>Many members of the Assembly actually had an incredibly dim view of Democracy
To be fair, so did most of the Founding Fathers. You need to check the Federalist Papers sometimes, pure democracy was lambasted by them and that's why we ended up with a Republic. That said you touched on something interesting nobody acknowledges: The South was mostly made up of loyalists throughout most of the period leading up to the Revolution. Rabble-rousers from the North literally had to come down and engage in propaganda and social bullying to slowly shift colonial opinion towards the American Revolution, and even with all that work the actual lay people in the South tried to stay neutral until the British soldiers arrived and, their information telling them the South wasn't all that interested in opposing them, they proceeded to completely abuse the local populace and in so doing solidly turned them against the British government and pro-Revolution.
>>
File: mfw.png (253 KB, 382x575)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>378021
>>378029
>starts projecting his backed fetish
Why do Yankees do this?
>>
Never played this mod before but want to give it a try.

What's a good faction to start?
>>
>>378025
>e....everybody is like this!
No dude, everyone is not like this. It’s the most salient and unique aspect of “southern culture” today, not your meme dukes of hazard merchandise.
>>
File: 1606837736483.jpg (29 KB, 384x560)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>378031
>The South was mostly made up of loyalists throughout most of the period leading up to the Revolution. Rabble-rousers from the North literally had to come down and engage in propaganda and social bullying to slowly shift colonial opinion towards the American Revolution, and even with all that work the actual lay people in the South tried to stay neutral until the British soldiers arrived and, their information telling them the South wasn't all that interested in opposing them, they proceeded to completely abuse the local populace and in so doing solidly turned them against the British government and pro-Revolution.
*Yes*, the reversal of that sentiment more or less coincides with the point the South started losing political power in comparison to the North. It is also why I more or less think the original spirit of the Federation died in the Civil War, and the 14th amendment was a re-founding of the Union by the North.

Since the Union needs to maintain legitimacy, anything that points to your observation is quietly ignored. It is why politicians today constantly invoke the founders, but then ignore their actual views for them; Or perhaps more accurately, they only invoke the most radical founders who believed the most in the concepts of liberty and democracy.

Anyway, my main point there is that many Virginians were reactionary enough they did not even support the concepts of equality, fundamental rights, or liberty and just wanted the exact same government from before the revolutionary war while being independent,
>>
>>378031
Which again points us to something we've been saying for a while: high Southern culture was more heavily tied to, similar to, and supportive of European beliefs, values, and structures than elsewhere in the US. Their economy was also heavily bound to Europe. The whole 'fuck Europe' thing only developed post-Civil War as a working class cultural thing, both as a sense of bravado and based on the idea that social class was solidified there while as Americans they could move up in the world. This was by no means an isolated Southern thing either.
>>
>>378044
Again, yes.
>>
Give southern courts a honorary title to hand out to their Court Bull.
>>
>>378037
I kinda want to say Americanits (people that worship founding fathers) on East Coast since they seem to me as the more iconic aspect of the mod, but truth be told I have never played as them. If you pick them tho, you might think about turning off british invasion if you don't want later on deal with 15K stack of britions.
>>
>>378042
It's changing in the US today, not in a positive way though. Certain political parties are actively beginning to lambaste the Constitution as a document and advocate voiding it. Increasingly also you don't even see hollow appeals to the Founding Fathers, but outright attacks on their thoughts and characters. The cry of "Evil racist white colonizer" and the like increase daily against them. This obviously extends to political figures from the Civil War era. Even men like Lincoln, sacrosanct for the longest time in the North, are being actively attacked by leftists these days for being racist by today's standards, despite his actions leading to the North's dominance today. I've even see leftists try and evoke Jefferson to attack the Constitution, which is outright repulsive. This isn't even getting into the concentrated attempts to attack and erase Southern culture and history which I'm sure you're aware of, the modern North is trying to attack the foundations not only of the Union's history and identity, but reach further back to burn the entire nation's history and identity to justify terrible things.

Going back to the central point, it'd be interesting to see someone from, say, South Carolina and other states that were leaders in the South before and during the Confederacy and have them point out the similarities and differences. My own state wasn't much of a leader during these periods but it does distinguish itself with an extensive maritime legacy that sadly CKII isn't really equipped to show.
>>
>>378011
I strongly appreciate it, thank you very much
>>
Make “gentle giant” a character trait. -5 learning, +1 health, can duel law enforcement officers at will.
>>
>>376357
>AtE isn’t “oh yeah after the event, this group got genocided”
Yes it is, whites would have been killed en-masse for the various minority groups to come back.
>>
>>378058
It's a shame CK2 or 3 never tried naval combat.
>>
>>378062
No problem, thanks for hearing me out.
>>
>>378037
Hous Mahonic is good because you can blob easy and then there's also plenty of non-blob stuff to do with the societies.
>>
>>378041
Stop projecting, anon.
>>
>mod is about America 500 years after civilization collapse
>southern pride dude spends 6 posts talking about shit that hasn’t been relevant to the south in 100 years, and gives no way to actually implement any of his random observations in game
>>
File: 1540560786224.jpg (157 KB, 1000x758)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>378156
> another anon starts rambling about black sportsball players and a thinly disguised seething hatred of southerners
>>
File: 1555625035554.jpg (454 KB, 1850x1850)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>378156
>Hey anons what's some stuff we can add to enhance the Southern faction in this mod?
>Well you see.....
>REE NO FUCK THE SOUTH FUCK YOU IT'S ALL NIGGERS
You don't live here and interact with people every day, so I get it, you don't actually know what people native to this area think and feel. But regardless of how YOU feel, how much you hate the South, and how much you want every aspect of its culture and history erased and absorbed into some generic 'Americana' so you can feel like you had some part in the Civil War and showing 'those dirty hicks' for not bowing down to you, this is a mod that incorporates American balkanization. The South is part of that balkanization and is now an independent country. That independent country needs unique cultural elements, behaviors, events etc to flesh it out and make it interesting to play. This has nothing to do with feelings, but raw ass gameplay and player enjoyment. You cannot sit there and screech at people trying to help them fill out this faction in this mod because you personally hate the people that live there in real life. That's nothing more than an exercise in spite that hurts the mod and other people's enjoyment. The only alternative is to delete the faction entirely, and while I'm sure that'll satisfy your ego, that will reduce the diversity of nation states, factions, religions, events, really all elements of gameplay, in the mod and thus make it all the worse for it. You need to look past your ego and your emotions and think logically for once.
>>
>>378058
>I've even see leftists try and evoke Jefferson to attack the Constitution, which is outright repulsive
It's not necessarily inaccurate though. From one of Jefferson's letters:

“Some men look at constitutions with sanctimonious reverence, and deem them like the ark of the covenant, too sacred to be touched. They ascribe to the men of the preceding age a wisdom more than human, and suppose what they did to be beyond amendment. I knew that age well; I belonged to it, and labored with it. It deserved well of its country.”

“I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. I think moderate imperfections had better be borne with; because, when once known, we accommodate ourselves to them, and find practical means of correcting their ill effects.”

“Laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”

The middle of those paragraphs indicates moderation of his stance, but in light especially of the second paragraph the idea that he'd be in favor of replacing the constitution wholesale at this point isn't without merit.
>>
>>378118
Yeah, I actually expect they'll try something like that as a DLC. It wouldn't be that hard to give transports some stats and implement ships in the MaA system. The only part that would take new systems is spawning them only on coasts and differentiating how the combat happens on sea.

In the meanwhile, there's a limit to what we can do for maritime culture, but there are some things. For example, cultural techs can decrease the cost of transports, increase their speed, or both. And we can make particularly significant ports as special buildings. It's gonna be a bit underwhelming for Brethren probably, but that would be totally adequate for this kind of thing.

>>378156
Even without specific mechanical representations, it's still useful for context. Lots of the devs don't have any background with the region. And the same with Mexico for that matter.
>>
>>378188
But if you know anything about his own beliefs, he absolutely would not support the idea of handing the entire country over to California to decide the federal elections.
>>
>>378184
I lived in Texas for two years, and it remains the only time I’ve seen middle aged men weep over a fucking football game. As for the civil war, it was fought to prevent the south from turning the entire country into a giant negro stud farm. Southern gentlemen needed to bring their slaves west so they enjoy their most cherished delicacy, and we put an end to that.
>>
>>378243
See? This is exactly what I mean, you're treating it like this debate has something to do with real life. You think that by opposing filling out this faction, you are somehow contributing to the Civil War going on in your head. You are completely ignoring the context that this is a faction in a videogame mod based on a region you mate not like, but which is in the game and needs the same sort of attention everyone else gets.
>>
File: [Chinese Battlecry].jpg (15 KB, 342x74)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>378243
Shame you didn't stop the niggers from moving north and ruining Detroit and Chicago, eh, you fucking projecting cuck fetishist yank fuck.
God, I'm not a Southerner or even an American but I hate your posts.
>>
>>378259
>or even an American
nobody asked you, vijay
>>
>>378243
Are you guys mass-importing as many Mexicans as you can for some of that sweet cartel action?
>>
How to reform Quebec without going full heresy ? Seriously, if I don't go Angeline I just get pissed of and excomunicated by the bitch Ursuline ass See
>>
>>378037
if you're American half the fun is playing as your home town
>>
File: 0w29cv92l8z41[1].jpg (158 KB, 1200x823)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>378247
>>378184
>>378011
based southern bro. Being honest (and this may sound retarded) from my geographic perspective in the deepest ass end of the deep south, Virgina always seemed too northern to me, too close to DC I suppose, but I am not well travelled and have barely passed through the state a handful of times but I now feel the connection.
>>
>>378700
That's fair to feel if you're far away, especially with how infamous Richmond and NOVA are these days. Wasn't always the case though. I'm not the Virginian though, I personally come from a northeastern part of North Carolina so I've had quite a bit of contact with the southern part of Virginia which still holds a Southern character. Unfortunately we in NC are now also suffering the same horrible fate of Yankee-fication as Virgina.
>>
>>378283
At least call me Nigel or something. Why do you think some random streetshitter would care about this?
>>
>>378805
Why wouldn't I, nigel?
>>
>>372332
As you wish anon, we're cancelling the project now.
>>
>>378805
Why wouldn’t I call an Englishman Rajesh?
>>
File: ahhh.png (200 KB, 620x387)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>378700
>Being honest (and this may sound retarded) from my geographic perspective in the deepest ass end of the deep south, Virgina always seemed too northern to me, too close to DC I suppose
No, it is a completely fair analysis to have; Most of Virginia is being currently eaten by the core of what you could call the Federal State -- and even before when Virginia was fully Southern it still held itself slightly apart from the "deep South".

In that sense, the mod does a good job keeping "dixie" and "Southeron" as two different cultures in the same culture group.
>>
>>379322
Because there's a difference between actual Englishmen and third world parasites from the former colonies.
>>
>>379451
Keep coping. We'll take your jobs. And your women. But most importantly your country
>>
>>367618
1.2 for ck2 when?
>>
>>378691
hola, my name is Jose Ronald Nguyen and I am from Orange County. Why my home town is muslim?
>>
>>379597
Soon, god willing - we’ll be releasing 1.1.1 first as a bug fix and it will also have some new stuff to lay the ground for 1.2, but 1.2 is getting there. I’d say April at the absolute latest
>>
>>379577
Why would you want a shitty rainy island with no real natural resources to speak of? Do you think the soil here will give you white people competence that'll allow you to maintain a white level of civilization? No. You'll just turn the place into a shithole like your home.
>>
Armenian patrician in Glendale
>>
>>379886
so Tehrangeleno encompasses both Persians and Armenians?
>>
>>379961
Just as Anjajusi encompasses Arabs and Greeks for some reason.
>>
>>379978
>Just as Anjajusi encompasses Arabs and Greeks
But those people aren't even related, even grouping together Greeks with the Persians and Armenians would make more sense.
>>
Well as you were talking about southern factions,
lets talk about the REAL south, will we be seeing any unique events surrounding the latin americans? Falklander pirates? Patagonian horse lords? Nomads of the Cerrado? any merchant cities in the Venesuelan Cove?
Would be greatfull if you would reply >>367618 I would like to see an equal love given to the latins if possible, having a Yanke fest can get a little stale.
>>
>>380007
They've literally been building South America the hell up.
>>
>>380011
As a guy mostly out of the loop I want to know more, a Dev will have more and better things to say than some update diary
>>
>>379978
>>379986
Greeks aren't under Anjalusi... I have no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>379961
Yeah. They're historically close communities and their languages are related; Tehrangeleno culture on its own was a massive battle and I can't justify a wholly new armenian culture, so yes
>>
>>380049
Just call it the Kardashian Culture.
>>
>>379886
>>380049
Very cool, what's his religion? This is part of the California christian expansion?
>>
>>380151
Yes. Stay tuned!
>>
>>380016
Ill try to remember to get back to this message, I'm presently unfamiliar with our plans for ck3 south america beyond rough ideas.
>>
>>379886
will there be an event chain where you can go DEFEND ARTSAKH
>>
>>379783
>durr da soil is not good here
>s-stay away
Real life isn't a civ game whitey. Haven't you heard of hydroponics? Besides, we'll just import food and bully your queen into giving us land
>whytt level of civilization
Bongs were living in mud huts and not taking showers for weeks while we over in the east already had stone fortifications and culture other than standing around a stone circle and dancing
>>
>>380194
I don't think a bunch of people who can't even figure out how toilets work can figure out hydroponics.
>>
>>380195
>/pol/ memes
All I'm seeing is just cope whitey. Tell me where you live. I'll fuck your wife for you in a few years
>>
>>380461
Post your hand with a timestamp faggot, for all we know you could be just another dumbass white cuckposter
>>
>>380473
Why dont you post body with timestamp faggot? For all we know you're a fat amerimutt or scrawny white kid who thinks he's the übermensch
>>
>>380461
>Had an actual public 'take it to the loo' campaign because you can't get people to use toilets
>just a meme bro
>>
>>380874
>>380461
both of you please go back to /pol/, you're shitting all over this thread
>>
>>382416
Tell that to the guy that said this >>380194 and not me.
>>
File: file.png (975 KB, 697x673)
975 KB
975 KB PNG
>>380016
>>380007
Well one thing that's going on, several tribal cultures are going to get cultural garbs including toplessness and/or nudity but also body paint. That's not implemented yet, but face paints just got implemented. There's gonna be a lot of cool glamour shots showing off aesthetic stuff soon, probably in the next devlog. Some of those might have AtE-specific backgrounds but those are still being worked on and aren't in engine yet, at least not at this moment.

As far as religions go, there's a lot of indigenous and Christians (pic related). I've cropped out the unfinished bits so consider this image a teaser, but you'll notice the name format is new – with lots of different heirs to Catholicism, there's no longer any single faith just called "Catholic". There are several Catholic faiths throughout Latin America, including some that were considered Cult of Saints before, as well as the Catholics who follow the Conclave of St Louis, those who were called Catholic in CK3. Of course, this means that the term "catholic" itself is definitely a misnomer at this point, but that was true since the schism anyway.

Politically, there are lots of inland areas that will mostly just be tribes nigging around, with more powerful nations on the coasts. Brazil will probably be the China analogue like in CK2, but until the nearly inevitable China DLC comes out we don't know what special mechanics that entails – they may turn out to be more suitable to some other place. In the meanwhile, it's a China analogue only in the same way as it is now and in history – it's a big empire with power play between bureaucracy and military rule. Unlike China where it would mostly be a drama played out in the capital, that latter thing will be modeled with different types of vassal contracts. They may correspond to new government types too, depending on how the mechanics turn out, and there's an idea to give them different garbs too. Mechanical ramifications aren't yet settled.
>>
>>382705
Did you guys remember to include the heavily Germanic cultural and ethnic areas in Brazil and Argentina?
>>
>>382724
Yeah, of course. The level of cultural granularity we've got is way beyond the minimum to get stuff like that.
>>
>>382767
Can't wait to do a dumbass meme game with a German empire in South America following the silliest and most ooga booga religion I can find.
>>
>>382705
That monstrance religion symbol is based
>There's gonna be a lot of cool glamour shots showing off aesthetic stuff soon, probably in the next devlog
Honestly CK3 AtE is probably going to do iron man numbers in terms of downloads just from the hype generated
>>
>>382784
All the religion icons are looking pretty good, we've got skilled enough artists that we can hold them to a high standard even with the more exacting design requirements in CK3 compared to CK2.

I'm not sure we can maintain the hype, we're coming out strong because we didn't do any devlogs since the initial announcement, but how well they're divided up and talked about depends on various things. The map already showcased nearly 100% of what we did on the map since CK3 released, though, so there's definitely a possibility to run out of content. Of course, as long as the overarching structural stuff takes us until we've got the de facto stuff in place on the map (which comes after mapping the cultures, faiths, and de jures, all of which weren't really done by the last devlog and are still not quite done now) then we can do dev diaries on specific regions and fill them out by adding lore/fiction as well as game info, which some people like more anyway.

But what I'm getting at is, hype now doesn't necessarily mean much about hype at release time.
>>
Work is proceeding on ethnicities, and by work I mean no work at all and just loads of arguing.

The south Americans may be good at working in general, but apparently every one of them is happy to spend the day debating every bit of nuance on how white each group is.
>>
>>384227
please don't tell me brazil ends up whiter than the US
>>
>>384231
It definitely won't. Indigenous people are resurging there too. Argentina might have several white races, but they'll still mostly be based off the Mediterranean vanilla ethnicity rather than Caucasian.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.