[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I recently picked this up and I was wondering if there's anything important I should know before diving into it. Also, is the first game worth playing?
>>
Get Barry. Barry's cool.
>>
If your IMP merc has 81 marksmanship you start with an MP5K.
>>
you have to follow the old lady
>>
Delete and End show line of sight as well as cover quality and + and - increase and decrease the radius of the indicator.
>>
>>367545
Play it without autistic mods
If you like it, try 1.13

Either start with squad of regular dudes + imp merc, or like 2-3 really good dudes + imp merc (but if you do this you basically have to take drassen on your first day)
>>
File: Ira_smythe_face.png (9 KB, 106x122)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
She is evil. A driven bitch.
>>
>>367545
Read the manual
>>368151
Stracciatella is actually a pretty good mod. I'll recommend that you start with that one instead of vanilla. But yeah, only try 1.13 after you've finished the game, if you really liked it, and want more, but just a little bit different
>>
>>368151
>start with squad of regular dudes + imp merc, or like 2-3 really good dudes + imp merc
what do you mean? when i started it a few days ago i only had my main character and i had no choice but to get imp mercs. got 3 by the way - buzz, steroid and spider. took drassen on day 3 i think and was still able to afford rehiring them for another week. this is on the second difficulty btw (started with 35k)
how was i supposed to get non-imp mercs?
>>
>>368202
you can only have one IMP merc, which is the custom one you get to make
>>
>>368203
oh i see, i guess i was confusing IMP with AIM
my bad, dawg
>>
File: a-team_1.jpg (81 KB, 1100x615)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>368151
>>368082
>>368190
>>368113
>>368073
Thanks anons, I installed Stracciatella so I can alt-tab without the game locking up.
I'm going to start on novice to learn the controls and game loop before resetting on the normal difficulty.
I noticed there's a sci fi setting on the game setup menu, is this at all worth my time leaving on? My initial instincts made me think it's one of those things that screws with the tone of the game hard but it would suck to miss out on good content because of a false preconception.
>>
>>368279
You can safely turn it off. If you have it on, there'll be some mutant bugs and big cats later in the game.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.