[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 23432532432432.png (1.58 MB, 1022x766)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
For me, it's Westeros Mod for Crusader Kings: Deus Vult
>>
>>365237
That's actually a thing? Woah.
>>
File: keyed.png (56 KB, 1048x392)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>365246
Not only that, but he refused to do a CK2 mod because by then he had realized George RR Martin is a hack
>>
>>365339
based
>>
>>365339
hello, based department?
>>
>>365339
>Faux-medieval invented/adapted words (serjeant)
Serjeant is actually a valid variant of Sergeant, albeit more archaic.

Otherwise, this is pretty based.
>>
How playable is it?
>>
>>365339
holy based
>>
>>365339
He is 100% correct
>>
>>365339
based, fuck got
>>
>>365339
So is this implying early GRRM and late GRRM are two different authors?

what changed?
>>
>>365339
It's just an opinion I loved the first book the first half of the second book and all the rest. I agree feast for crows had its slow parts but I wouldn't by any stretch call the books awful.
>>
what are some must have dlcs for ck2? i wanna start it but im not dropping 3k dollars to get all their shit
>>
>>369946
not sure why you asked here but just pirate all of it it's braindead easy, legit basegame or not
>>
>>365339
>no GoT mod because the books suck
>considers making a fucking Warhammer mod

lol
>>
>>369953
>being such a fa/tg/uy that you actually read warhammer books
>>
>>365339
Based.
And did he then realize that PDX are hacks too?
>>
>>368356
If Terry Pratchett is any indicator, maybe dementia.
>>
>>365339
he's absolutely right
>>
>>365339
Hero
>>
CK1 is the ultimate autist grand strategy ever made.

the UI alone gave me a headache for over a week.
>>
>>375068
Is it any deeper than ck2/3?
>>
>>375093
yes and yes
>>
>>365339
While I agree that martin's prose has declined in book 4 and further, it wasn't that stellar in the first place.
His argument about muh realism on the other hand is pure unbridled autism.
>>
>>365339
>not mention comic book cliff-hangers
My favorite one is where Varys tricks Kevan into coming to a secret room, then wounding him fatally, and as he slowly dies he reveals him master plan, as if he was Bond villain.
>>
>>368356
GRMM had a passion for the story while writing the first three books, AGOT wasn't even a huge success. After the tv-series launched the book must have exploded.
He has worked on this series over 25-years, he has simply grown tired of it and has no reason finish it.
>>
File: based.png (33 KB, 1048x370)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>370010
>>365339
>And did he then realize that PDX are hacks too?
Yes.
>>
File: 45432543543643.png (25 KB, 1044x302)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>375481
He was also pilled on EU4 before that
>>
>>375481
>NOOOOOOOOO ONLY EUROPE MATTERS STOOOOOOOOP
cringe
>>
>>375736
imagine if they'd actually focused on simulating european feudalism in depth instead
>>
>>375736
Yeah, I can't wait to do a Samoa WC. Believable worlds!
>>
>>375736
Retard.
>>
>>375113
How? Tell me about CK1.
>>
>>375736
Bear in mind this was written way before holy fury, when the crusades in a game called Crusader Kings were laughably shallow. But by that point they had already released Rajas of India, everyone's favorite DLC (lol)
>>
>>365339
>>375481
>>375483
Incredibly based to be this blackpilled on George R Martin (he literally made up a second middle name so he could have the RR initials like Tolkien) in 2011 when he was at the height of his popularity and the show was taking off. Love all the le downvoats on a comment not entirely positive on a PDX game, paradoxplaza is so sycophantic.

>>368356
He's an old and aging obese man who was a commercial-oriented writer from the beginning. He cut his chops writing for TV and struggled as a poorly-paid fat ugly guy for decades. Now in old age he wants to take it easy and enjoy the fame and fortune that came to him later in life. Do you think he wants to spend his remaining years struggling to finish a massive story that has grown unwieldly complex, in the shadow of the most popular tv show of this century going to shit in its later seasons, or do you think he wants to relax by his private pool, watch football, bitch about politics, and maybe write whatever fun projects people come to him with (accompanied by a seven-figure check)? 10 years ago I was a teenager and butthurt about how long the wait was getting for the new installments of my favorite fantasy books, but now I totally get it, life is fucking shitty for most people and if you can get a ticket out of that you should 100% take it and never do any work that doesn't bring you happiness.
>>
>>375987
>Love all the le downvoats on a comment not entirely positive
The best part is that their downvoats are titled "Respectfully Disagree" because you can't just "Disagree"
>>
>>375481
It would much more boring if you couldn't play pagans and so on. And it's dynasty sim game, not map painter.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.