[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 889843.jpg (2.07 MB, 6154x2050)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
so reforged might be horrible, but at least those boobas aren't
>>
>>364319
Is this shit worth it for the campaign only is it really as buggy and full of errors as the youtubers seems to make it out to be? Don't care about multiplayer and mods.
>>
>>364371
Just pirate OG WC3, ffs
>>
>>364403
but then you'll miss out on the revisionist parts!
>>
>>364473
>revisionist
Did they really?
>>
>>364512
I don't know how much they changed but that was one of their stated goals, to make it mesh better with current wow lore (which won't work anyway since they'll just retcon their retcons soon enough anyway)
>>
>>364512
Stratholme, dalaran, and Quel'thalas (final mission) were all changed, I played the entire campaign then refunded reforged. (dalaran was absolute shit stratholme was okay, Quelthalas was weird)
>>
>>364553
They apparently didn't even include the revision stuff because investors forced them to push it out the door way before they could finish the job
>>
File: 889877.jpg (1.44 MB, 4172x2050)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>364604
>>364606
so what were the changes more specifically. I'm not going to bother pirating it and playing through the entire campaign just to see what the fucked up
>>
>>365070
Map shapes, that's all
>>
>>365073
>>365070
>>364606
>>364604
>>364553
>>364512

That's the weirdest part - that obviously at some point after the announcement someone higher-up told them "no, you're not doing ANY of that shit, AND you don't get any time to work on it, AND you have to outsource it someone else that you initially wanted." It's almost as if someone actively sabotaged the project. Is some internal war going on in Blizzard?
>>
>>365149
Not sabotage but the pre-orders most likely didn’t meet expectations so they put in just the bare minimum effort.
>>
>>365155
which is in itself interesting considering the relative successful trend of remastered RTS games. WC3 isn't exactly an obscure game but seemingly the interest wasn't there.
Although personally I don't see a reason to remaster what's still a fully functional and playable game (especially with a widescreen patch), but that goes for most of these remasters
>>
File: alterac_pass.png (1.75 MB, 1920x1333)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>365443
A lot of people didn't like the new art style Blizzard picked and were concerned with unit readability. Blizzard announced that they will redesign the footman's shield only a couple of days after Blizzcon. Which is odd considering usually the hype should've drowned out those concerns.
There was a lot of disappointment concerning the game's visual design. Especially since Heroes of the Storm showed what warcraft on a modern engine could look like just a little earlier.
>>
>>365149
There was probably some conflict between the short-sighted cashgrabbers and the long-sighted cashgrabbers.
>>
>>365510
From what I have heard was that internally they didn't want any of the artists from WC3 to work on the game and that even Lemon Sky suggested they not only consult with former WC3 artists but apparently also felt that the models didn't match up to well either but where rejected by the remaster team.
>>
>>365510
holy shit this is amazing.
man imagine it was all like that.
they actually understood proportions and readability.
Meanwhile in the actual remaster everything just looks like it was made "high quality" without adjusting that for a top down perspective, readability aside, just from aesthetics
>>
File: Lemon_Sky_answer.png (34 KB, 1037x203)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>365929
>just looks like it was made "high quality" without adjusting that for a top down perspective
It was. Lemon Sky made the models but was never told they'd be viewed from a top down perspective. Blizzard on their end didn't care enough to check if the models were readable or not.
>>
File: alliance.png (2.47 MB, 1443x1002)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB PNG
>>365929
>holy shit this is amazing.
>man imagine it was all like that.
HotS still has Samwise Didier working on it. The guy who created the WC3 style and was art director for most classic Blizzard titles.
>>
>>365996
didn't they tell him what project they were for?
>>
>>366002
This is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen.
>We already have these perfectly good models.
>NO! Spend even more money and make inferior versions!

I swear this whole project was somehow sabotaged. It's not even laziness, since THEN they would actually use the already existing models.
>>
>>366002
why that shield has 3 mini shields
>>
>>366091
It’s based on a WoW item
>>
>>366091
So he can block while he blocks.
>>
>>366091
So he can triple wield.
>>
>>365070
From a playthrough I watched:
>Stratholme looks more like the WoW map. There are a couple of orcs creeps and some militia men resisting Arthas, plus a couple of undead mini bosses
>Silvermoon looks more like the WoW map but it plays very weirdly. You still fight Sylvanas, but the city doesn't really have a base, more like a gauntlet of heroes and units to fight, ending with the elf king
>Dalaran also looks a bit more like WoW and has custom wizards and experiments to fight
That's more or less it as far as I remember.
>>
>>366046
>>365996
The comment needs some simple explanation. Lemon Sky is using its success with RTS remasters as one of the selling points.
The issue is that remasters have paper-thin budgets to turn a profit. Coordination and quality control are expensive. For their other jobs with SC Remaster and C&C/RA remasters, they were simply told to take those sprites and make new, more detailed models for them. Which they have and it works, because the perspective and proportions were a part of it.
WC3, being an actual 3D game, needs more than that. The model will be viewed from different angles, under different lighting conditions, spell effects. In a normal RTS project, this is a no-brainer step. They could forgo it on SC so they chose to for WC3R as well. Lemon Sky for their part, has no way of doing this sort of QA. They don't have the finished game, they just provid assets. Any corrections would have to be filed by Blizzard and that didn't do it, most likely to keep the costs down and get the best profit margins possible.
>>
>>364512
They rectonned the living hell out of the game.
>>
>>364553
i think that got scrapped along with pretty much every other change that was supposed to come and was still being advertised even after release. might be wrong though because i haven't touched the game since
>>
>>366474
They all did this to make it more in-line with fucking WoW. Even more reason this garbage should be torched.
>>
>>367043
What else did you expect? It never was a big secret, even if they completely half hassed it. There are very few changes overall, and they kept weird ones (like the name Grom being badly dubbed over with Hellscream or Grommash).
>>
>>367119
The last one is something I will never understand. It's beyond retarded.
>>
>>366695
>>366671
>>367043

95% of all the announced changes were quietly scrapped. The "quietly" part is what pissed people off the most, not even the broken state of the game, since that can be eventually patched out.
>>
>>366091
It's an Alliance PvP reward shield from Vanilla WoW, which was only Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves and Gnomes.
>>
>>365070
>so what were the changes more specifically
During the Arthas missions where you fight orcs they replaced the headhunters with forest troll axe throwers.
>>
>>364319
Yeah, some models looks nice, but that's really the only thing it has going for it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.