[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 88 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thoughts? I'm personally pretty hyped. I love Endless games and from the looks of it this seems to be more of the same style.
>>
>>362574
It literally tries to be a civ clone, yet somehow, manages to have more sjw elements, than civ6.

tl;dr its not worth it
>>
>>362574
i don’t like the concept maybe it’ll play out i’m on the fence
>>
>>362574
Meh. Im very interested when sjw like mentalities get involved in anything historical. Just ruining history. Not interested. I just plsy Civ 5 with mods.
>>
File: casual.jpg (45 KB, 407x405)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>362685
>Civ 5
>Not Civ 4
>Not Civ 3
>Not Civ2
>Not SMAC
>mfw
>>
>>362643
I like the concept, but worry it will kill replayability. Having flexible factions like that always ends up feeling like you're playing the same thing over and over again. They could make it work though.
>>
>>362574
It would be perfect if there were more cultures, but limits on changing them. You should only be able to change into cultures that your culture has interacted with.
>>
>>362574
I do like the sheer amount of verticality on display here, so that's a plus.
>>
>>362574
Changing nations is the only aspect I can see that sets it out from the crowd, and it's such a non-feature I fail to see the point. How can anybody get excited by this?
>>
File: 1601305873579.jpg (31 KB, 460x542)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>362618
>>
>>362574
Yeah, I played the demo back in August and I'm looking forward to the full release.

>>362843
What other option is there? Civ shat the bed with 6, and Old World looks like a mass8ve disappointment in the making. At least we know what we get with a historical EL clone.
>>
>>362843
This.
It just looks dull, honestly. It's the same shit we've seen over and over again with one new-but-not-really faction customization gimmick I don't even like much in the first place.
>>
>>362685
>>362618
what does this game have thats even remotely SJW?
>>
>>363154
Black people and white people are equal.
>>
>>362618
>SJW game
Someone manages to be more racist and problematic than the game if tries to replace
>>
>>363154
Blue hair
>>
>>363188
Ummm yes sweetie, and?
>>
>>362574
The artstyle is fucking great, but so as every other Amplitude creation. They fucking know how to make it beautiful
>>
>>362574
The thing i dont get is hate for LUCY trailer. I mean i get that black people bad, but come on doesent everyone of us sometimes wonder what would be if you were the immortal leader of some Emopire? I sure do. The only real complain i see in youtube comments is literally
>black people bad
>>
>>363224
Forget it anon, these are people who take issue with the name of the game because they didn't arbitrarily call it the more generic (and thus less searchable) "Mankind" because including women in your fantasy version of history in which spearman can blow up tanks is just a bridge too far.
>>
>>362574
The opendev was breddy good, I might buy it on sale after a year of patches
>>362618
>>362685
>schizo poltards
>>362768
>>362843
>t. never played the demo, still has 'opinions' on gameplay
>>
>>363224
They're literally too low iq to understand that the trailer pokes fun at the ahistorical wewuzzing/larping in a game like Civ; they just see black people and/or women and their small incel brains go haywire
>>
>>362574
I'm interested but not sure. I want a Civ alternative since 6 is shit, but I'm not sure if I like making a generic leader pick and choose what civilization you wan to evolve into over just picking England at the start as Elizabeth or something. I guess it makes more sense than being England starting from the stone age, but eh. Plus the character visuals are kind of iffy and sjw-looking for some, though the visuals for the map itself and the artwork looks amazing at least. Probably the nicest-looking actual map I've seen in a 4X. Shits all over Civ 6's mobile game aesthetic.
>>
>>362618
>>362685
>>363154
>>363188
>>363206
>>363217
>>363224
>>363248
>>363253
>>363259
unfortunately by the looks of these posts, it seems this game is as doomed as disco elysium to never have good threads about it.
is it so hard for you culture warriors to stop complaining about each other for 10 seconds and just talk about the game
when a poltard shits on the game for some arbitrary reason without having played it, you can ignore that
when a faggot makes some whiny tumblr tier post dismissing any criticism of it, you can ignore that.
>>
>>363282
>look mom i replied to everyone again
>>
>>363259
Yes but mods on Steam returned the favour by perma-banning even people who defended the trailer and the game, with posts doing the exact same joke.
>>
>>363293
at least i have a mom
>>
>>363296
If you attempt to hold a conversation anywhere on the internet then you deserve all the consequences. If you post on Steam then you deserve to get banned by Steam mods. If you post on 4chan then you deserve to get called a moron for posting on Steam too.
>>
>>363312
Incorrect: if all consequences are deserved, then it's not just impulsive bans, but also cronyism and naked favouritism, the products of all shit mods everywhere. It reinforces that what ever anyone can do, they have the right to; but this along with 'deserve' is framing it as moral. That's a contradiction. No one deserves bans any more than the gormless twats that make-up rules on the spot deserve to get a free-pass: it all happens for no reason other than because they get away with it. It's just action and reaction.

When Humankind tanks because the only people left to give feedback are unimaginative and unintelligent group-thinkers; Amplitude will have to decide: did it happen because they deserved it or because they made choices that had consequences?
>>
>>363323
have sex you utter virgin lmao
>>
>>363282
Shut up you whiny cunt
>>
>>363336
>you're posting on a gaming board
>>
>>363341
you're the one constantly whining about niggers/incels though
>>
>>363343
Yes, I'm posting, not writing pretentious essays about an unreleased game
>>
>>363349
did you post this>>363312
you're definitely a pretentious pseud if so. the only mistake that other poster made was trying to match your level of prenetiousness
>>
From what little I've seen it looks neat. I've played a fair bit of Civ since IV but the only other of their games I've tried is a little bit of EL, which I really liked the mechanics of but found the setting a bit meh.
>>
>>363368
>EL, which I really liked the mechanics of but found the setting a bit meh
Honestly that's interesting anon since I feel like the consensus is the exact opposite. Personally I cannot stand the fucking combat in EL.
>>
>>363346
You realize you're doing more derailing by mass replying and then autistically defending yourself than all the culture warriors ITT right?
>>
>>363454
only if you reply to me
>>
>>363454
Joke's on you, I'll do anything to keep this on page one
>>
did the tranny forget to dilate and the axe wound healed lmao
>>
>>363253
Have you played the demo? If you do what are you opinions on main mechanics
>>
>>363296
I've never heard of it. Doesent Amplitudes have their own forums? I usualy lurk there cant bother with steam community pages
>>
>>363282
Keyed
>>
>>363886
Yeah they have their own website, it's where they do all those polls when they do player designed factions.
>>
>>363884
lol, you couldn't tell he was just shitposting?
>>
File: nice_to_meet_you.jpg (322 KB, 640x1766)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>362861
>>
>>363971
yet to make the negress cute they had to give her european facial features
>>
>>363349
Holy crap an actual underage redditor
>>
>>363976
Just like anime
>>
File: SOMALIA IS WHITE.jpg (190 KB, 1080x1685)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>363976
Somalis are caucasian maybe she's one of those
>>
>>365038
People from the Horn of Africa should be in European superstate because they are from the Caucasus mountain range in Western Asia. American English.
>>
>>365038
based bulbheads
>>
>>363188
Dangerously based.
>>
>>363976
>that tiny crooked nose
>European
>>
>>365489
pretty sure that's supposed to be a lazily drawn button nose
>>
>>365495
>>365489
*upturned nose, sorry. my english failed me.
>>
File: 2345fg.jpg (66 KB, 450x799)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>365026
wow, europeans look like that????
>>
File: t.jpg (919 KB, 2046x2234)
919 KB
919 KB JPG
>>365026
>>
>>363862
>sister in law is an ER nurse
>height of coof outbreak in SoCal a few months back
>also having a tb outbreak same time because mexicans
>every bed is full
>er waiting area full
>tranny comes bursting in screeching, saying it has "an std"
>demands to be seen next, starts a ruckus in er, claims discrimination
>someone finally squeezes time to examine the thing
>it's woundhole had started closing because it forgot to keep dilating and also was infected
>ended up having to have surgery to remove necrotic tissue on the pelvic mound
and that's how my sister in law decided she wanted to get her teaching degree instead of being a nurse
>>
>>366207
>Error! No results found.
Based
>>
Fairly hype. It's unfortunately very expensive in my region, Amplitude didn't do regional pricing this time around, so I'm not sure if I'll get it. But the game itself looked very promising even if it ran kind of shit in the betas. I like the whole avatar thing and gameplay seemed very interesting. I'm really curious about the modern era.
>>
File: 1610078437716.jpg (61 KB, 635x708)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>366207
This isn't normal, why is shit like this allowed? Surely normal people don't look at having your cock amputated and balls turned inside out and think "oh yeah that's completely normal, completely mentally healthy".
>>
>>363884
Not that anon, the demo was a while ago so my memory is a little shaky but overall I liked.

The fist part of the demo gave you about 20-30 turns to do whatever you want, focusing on exploration and early-game city building. Some interesting stuff it had:
>there are no settler units like civ, instead every military unit has a "build outpost" button that spawns a small fort on its location that provides vision and exploits a small area around it for resources
>cities expand via generic districts like in Endless Legend (and all tiles bordering a district are automatically worked) but there are also some specialty districts like in Civ 6
>if you pay a couple hundred gold you can upgrade the outpost into a proper city
>the map is divided into regions like Endless Legend, but they're generally much smaller
>cities in neighbouring regions can be merged together to form mega-cities, but this option was locked in the demo so I'm not sure exactly how it works
>instead of barbarians there are wild animals (elk and mammoths) that you can hunt and kill for gold
>the map has curiosities scattered around that work like villages in Civ, unfortunately they didn't have any quests or even just cool story segments like in Endless Legend, just stuff like "you found some gold" or "your unit was upgraded"
>>
>>363884
>>366344
The other 3 parts were all combat scenarios for testing the battle system. It's okay - unlike in Civ, armies group together as a single unit to move on the map and when two of them meet, they cordon off the surrounding section of the map to serve as the battlefield. Combat then takes place on within its own turn system and functions kind of like a tactical RPG, very similar to Endless Legend. It's a lot better than EL though - for one there's no more annoying initiative system, all your units take their turns simultaneously. There are no more random rolls for damage, it's all consistent. Terrain and unit types now have a much larger impact - melee units for example will take massive casualties trying to attack a fortified uphill enemy. It also has a fog of war mechanic that allows for a lot of interesting tactical moves but it's a bit clunky. Reinforcements from multiple armies don't automatically spawn in anymore, instead there's a "reinforcement point" on the map where they'll appear after a couple of turns, but if there's a unit blocking it they just don't show up - it's a little weird, I don't think I fully understood how it worked but the idea is that you can use cavalry or some other mobile unit to cut-off enemy reinforcements. Also, battles don't automatically end after 6 turns like in EL, instead the battle is paused until a normal, game-world turn passes and then it resumes. Overall it's a pretty good system with a few weird quirks that'll hopefully get ironed out.
>>
>>362574
I don't like 4x games much anymore but I like Amplitude as a studio. I'm not expecting a lot but am mildly interested.
>>
>>363259
>>363282
>sjw retards literally ignore all of the of the evidence of the game being a pozzed garbage and pretend to be an unsubtle centrist retard when they got called out on it
Called it, the same shit happened with CP2077. Also the game looks like an uninteresting garbage civ clone.
>>
>>366347
>Overall it's a pretty good system
Congrats, you just described a dumbed down mechanics that even fucking Civ had, proving once and for all that this pozzed garbage pos have nothing going for it.
>hurr durr it le have le fog of war so le deep!
>>
>>366455
The combat system is very different from any Civ game, what are you talking about? It's basically EL's combat but with significant improvements to increase depth while removing tedium.
>>
>>363282
disco elysium was garbage and pozzed as fuck so what's you're point nigger
>>
>>362618

>le sjw elements

jesus fucking christ kill yourselves already mutt retards
>>
>>362574
turn based
>>
>>363976
Its a cartoon face, retard. Log off and talk to someone
>>
>>368035
i liked it. did you play it? no way a real poltard could hate the measurehead character, he's hilarious.
>>
>>363154
There was an ad where they showed a player self inserting themselves as a ruler through out history. The player was a black girl so that's why people think its SJW. I am not sure how creating your own alt history is SJW though. The ad shows her as an African Leader conquering Rome, so I assume you could do it with any nation. You weird fucks could probably role play as space hitler or whatever if you wanted.
>>
>>362574
The trailer with the sheboon was really gay I don't even want to pirate it
>>
>>366344
>>cities in neighbouring regions can be merged together to form mega-cities, but this option was locked in the demo so I'm not sure exactly how it works
no it wasn't
all it does is merge the regions, and turns the the merged city into an 'admin center' district
>>instead of barbarians there are wild animals (elk and mammoths) that you can hunt and kill for gold
there are literally 'minor cultures' that are flagged same as wild animals and can occupy a single region and work like civ barbs
are you sure you played the lucy opendev?
>>
looks like a soulless civ rip off

hard pass for me desu senpai
>>
File: 1506755354197.png (1.02 MB, 826x738)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>362574
>the primary strength of Endless games is the incredible fantasy/sci-fi art, music and setting
>ditch all of that and make your next big game a generic civ rip off
why
>>
>>362618
i talked to a real sjw who hated civ because it glorified Sparta and the Thermopilae narratve, which according to her was rescued by the nazis, therefore civ is a nazi game
>>
File: 546.jpg (65 KB, 680x668)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>362618
/this

fuck this pozzed dumpster fire
>>
Honestly I don't like the art style, it's hard to pin down but something about it is off, and the UI is lame. But the concept is nice and I'm happy to see competition for Civ, I'll probably try it out.
>>
looks retarded. soulless civ rip off
>>
>>362685
>just ~ruining~ history

-in this alt history game ??????????????????????
>>
>>362574
>make a civ clone
>add a questionable gimmick (changing faction mid playthrough)
here's your 100% original game, bro, totally not a civ rip off
>>
>>362574
I heard african leaders change attire as they adapt a new civ, but other leaders can't change to african attires when they adapt it. Biases like that is a big minus to me.
Art looks good, mechanics look generic.
Still cant like it though since its existence fucked up the development for ES2.

OP sounds like an actual Amplitude employee trying to drum up grassroots support for their stillborn game.
>>
>>363282
>t
truth
>>
File: 1584235845200.gif (993 KB, 320x240)
993 KB
993 KB GIF
>>369293
this. they've already garnered an audience with endless space and the endless universe more generally. there was no reason for them to shit the bed and make something so different from their existing offerings when endless space 2 is already years old.
>>
>>363219
They always go hard on art and music, great concepts for races and then they forget to add gameplay.
>>
>>362574
Honestly pretty hyped for it but i would like to see more of the late game.
>>
>>368798
I didn't play Lucy, I played the first opendev.
>>
The trailer with extensive w*myn pandering killed my entire interest
also reminder 8k bc is not caves, it's natufian settlements
>>
>>368759
this, they're used to games like civ where you have a set leader of a nation, so seeing a nigger samurai caused their neurons to fry, the reality is that you choose a starting character to represent yourself and then whatever cultures you want to evolve into with each era
>>
>>374897
Who is this "They"?
>>
i was hyped for this because i love EL and civ 6 was ass and i've wanted someone to make a mainline civ competitor game for a while now. But that fuckin trailer was just...offputting. Hopefully the game still ends up bein good
>>
>>363260
I like the idea of building your civ picking bonusses each era, it prevents you getting screwed by rng map generation. Civ and especially civ 5 (haven't played 6) has alsways hat the problem of very weak civs that aren't really worth picking. They are almost always weak because of very situational bonusses you can never actually use. At least in Humankind you can pick what will help you in your specific situation the most and you can even explore your surroundings before you make the first pick.
>>
>>363976
>implying 3d is ever cute without millions wasted on plastic sugery
shiggy diggy
>>
>>363888
>>
>>374897
Unless you choose to be white
>>
>>362574
I actually played the recent open dev thingy and I had a lot of fun. I think this is less civ clone and more a natural development of historical 4x. It really has a lot of differences that make it stand out from civ.
>>
>>378420
I played the demo back in August. The game looked pretty good, exactly what you'd expect from an EL historical clone. The trailer was atrocious, but I'll be playing the game not the trailer.
>>
>>380306
What happens?
>>
>>382257
>>382219
nice to hear
>>
>>383232
whites get their own culture and don't steal the culture of others like niggers
>>
>>369293
I think they are just tired of the endless sci-fi setting.
>>
File: humankind austria-hungary.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1080)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
game looks fun
Avatar system is pretty unique, I like it
I'll be sure to take AH to space
>>
>>383888
>Evidenzbureau
>they collect evidence
Bravo Nolan
>>
>>362574
I'm not hyped because I'm getting sick and tired of the "let's just throw every cool idea we have into the pot" design philosophy of Amplitude. This results in games where it seems like you have a lot of freedom of choice but really it's all about figuring out the 2 or 3 viable choices. I used to give them a pass because they were doing something fresh but I can't be arsed anymore.
So far from the beta the civ bonuses look absolutely all over the place.
>>
>>384013

or maybe you could kill yourself and rid the rest of us (and your poor family) of your whining
>>
Does it have Denuvo?
>>
>>384535
>t. trannykind dev
>>
>>384540
No.
>>
>>382257
>>382219
Demo anons can you confirm this? >>383721
>>
>>384644

dilate all you want, but you will never be a woman
>>
>>385251
/pol/ is the other way you pathetic permavirgin
>>
>>385313
cope seethe and dilate permahomo
>>
>>383888
>Austria-Hungary as a civilization
Retarded beyond belief
>>
>>386135
>Austria-Hungary in Industrial Europe
>With a unit based on an intelligence service that looked for anti-Habsburg elements.
>Legacy trait focused on keeping a multiethnic empire together.
What's your problem with it, mate?
>>
>>386135
>one of the major european empires can't be a civilization, you have to give the spot to an irrelevant backwards ass tribe from the pacific or africa!
shut up Sid
>>
>>368759
Literally all Amplitude would need to do to silence these gibbons is shoot a second commercial with a white guy doing the same thing. I kinda want them to do that, just so the naysayers shut the fuck up.

>>362574
I'm... Not so excited for the game itself, but I am excited for the very reason others seem to hate it: It's like Civilization.

Competition is a good thing! Competition forces improvement! Civ has really had no-one with the required chops, step into its arena for well over a decade now, if not longer and as a result, it's been kind of taking two steps forward, one step back over and over.

I hope Humankind does really, really well, for no other reason than we might see real, positive changes in the genre again.
>>
>>362574
This still hasn't come out?
>>
>>362574
looks like a soulless turd

catch me outside with this cuck shit
>>
>>383888
Make sure every culture in the K.u.K. lands are represented. That fist space capsule better be the size of a bus and blessed by an Archbisshop and wear the imperial crest.
>>
>>386151
Austria-Hungary did really well actually near the end of the 19th century. They were lagging behind at first and had a banking crises in the 1880's that prevented much funding to be available for investments. But once parts of the country got connected different parts specialized in different industries that improved internal trade a lot.
>>
>>387812
>But once parts of the country got connected different parts specialized in different industries that improved internal trade a lot.
Yeah, but you also had screw ups on that front.
Like the fact the railway lines were explicitly projected to not connect potentially rebellious populations together. This bit the army in the ass because it made quick mobilisation and troop movements impossible.
Austria-Hungary had its issues, though I am not saying it was a state that was imploding at that point. It needed time and stability instead of getting into a conflict the size of WW1.
>>
>>387820
>imploding at that point
Exactly I thought that was true for some time because most historians used to agree on that but the more nuanced the knowledge of that time becomes the more historians are coming back from that. For a long time from the late 19th century and ealy 20th century mainly French historians adhered to the perspective that the Austro-Hungarian empire was backwards and that it simply couldn't work. History at that time was only just becoming a scientific object of study, it was also the time of nationalism and through that lens it becomes hard to understand the Austro Hungarian empire. I'm not arguing that there weren't any problems but I'm arguing that they made great effort to make it work in some capacity. Their army did much much more than any European army to accomodate all the different cultures within their country. The French for example tried to make everyone speak the same language which lead to a lot of regional dialicts dissapearing. Of course the Austrians also used repression to keep the status quo but the compromisses that they made were very different from how other European countries handled similar problems.

>This bit the army in the ass because it made quick mobilisation and troop movements impossible. It needed time and stability instead of getting into a conflict the size of WW1.
This is counterfactual. We will never know if things would have been different if this wasn't the case. The lead up to WW1 is more complex than it seems if you look at the entire period. Europe was at the brink of the great war a few times before that, hardly anyone predicted that the events that actually lead to WW1 would have the vastly diffent outcome than the other incidents of that time. Also almost no one predicted WW1 would end up the way it did.
>>
Sneed

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.