[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: warlust (2).jpg (173 KB, 1187x908)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
Last thread reached bump limit >>341347

What features/mechanics do you think this game needs?
>>
>>352082
>What features/mechanics do you think this game needs?
Navies
Military access
>>
>>352082
more ways to make your factiom unique and see more unique AI factions
planets with continents and navies
>>
>>352082
Naval combat and transportation.
Fish for food
Drill for oil
Ports that provide logistics between two points
New pirate independent faction
>>
Anime mod when?
>>
>>354836
hopefuly never
>>
>6m tall heavy-armored herbivores
Yeah, that's a planet reroll for me senpai
>>
I want more options in planetary generation.
>>
my worker happiness dropped below 20 what can i do i already raised worker wages. Do i have to pay them an exuberant amount?
>>
>>352099
this and more events for everything
>>
>>355286
>Do i have to pay them an exuberant amount?
never ever do this. they will keep demanding you raise their wages until you are bled dry. build more QoL building like security outposts, hospitals, vidcom stations
>>
>>355286
fuckin wagies always want more, suppress the shit out of them when they ask for money. instead build useful stuff like >>355353 said. if you are feeling kind then play the zone card that builds them a zoo.
>>
I incorperated a zone but im not getting recruits from the zone. I have set max recruits to 500 so i should be getting 500??
>>
>>355374
thats max recruits, not how many you will actually recruit. how much of a signing bonus is there, what is the general population happiness, and do you even have enough workers for jobs in the zone matter.
>>
>>355380
all of that seems to be in order and is higher than my starting zone that always gives 500 recruits
>>
File: R14kkDj.png (13 KB, 657x527)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>355380
can logistics be at fault?
>>
>>355399
it's because of the Jews, anon.
>>
>>355374
Paying soldiers more than workers helps, I don't know if you're going down the commerce route but playing zone cards to boost private industry should be done whenever you can. Attracts more population and therefore more recruits.
>>
>>355401
how do i get rid of them?
>>
>>355427
but my zone settings are identical to my starting zone (which is in shambles and still gives 500 recruits every turn)
>>
>>355429
Major population difference between them? What are your public budget setting for your zones like?

I normally go hard on recycling as soon as I can so have an excess of rare metals to sell early on.
>>
>>352082

More diplomatic options (military access etc, mainly for multiplayer options)

Navies

Id like earlier tech options. Tech levels 1 and 2 where you start almost medieval.

Military assets like the ability to build actual trenches and fortifications on tiles
>>
>>355431
they have about the same population, public budget is 0 for both.
>>
I'd like to be able to see more depth in regards to diplomacy, spying and espionage, it would be great if you could foment political subversion over a long period of time, it should be costly and require constant investment corrupting not only officials but the very institutions including the govt and military, and if successful enough eventually gain control over an enemy faction by interfering in the election and installing a puppet that is your man, like China did with Biden. Of course counter coups should also be possible.
>>
please help my government is actually retarded
>>
>>355506
OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR
>>
>>355506
well, we're waiting
>>
>>355435
the only thing i have come up with is it might be population loyalty, the zone that isn't recruiting has just below 50 loyalty. Do zones not recruit when loyalty is below 50?
>>
>border a republican major
>bros 4 lyfe, 100 relation, NAP, free trade, scientific cooperation, the works
>notice a large number of his troops heading to my border
uhh guys???
>>
>>355725
Garrison the border so the AI rethinks its funny ideas.
>>
>>355374
IIRC they need to assimilate to your culture to provide a lot of recruits. Cultural assimilation happens over time if they have IIRC high loyalty and are an incorporated zone.

There are supposedly some edge cases where assimilating might not be the optimal move as cultures have a fertility stat and if they are hardcore breeders you can exploit them for labour. Raider culture militias can be pretty strong too if you are going fist profile, I think I even had them spawn missile launchers.
>>
>>355761
>Unincorporated zone hegemon strat

I didn't even know this was possible. I wonder how viable it is.
>>
Just beat my first game lads after like 10 tries. I'll admit it was on beginner but I'm retarded so it was still hard

>small planetoid, apex life form 2 meter jellyfish
>go full grug autocracy
>figured out how to make farms this time
>still have no clue how budgeting works and I'm too scared to adjust it
>barely stable, constantly harassed on the borders
>manage to get a few sentinels and a GR walker group early game
>steal my first zone from under the noses of the guys invading them, spam assassin card until unrest stops
>unify with some raider minor, all their shitty soldiers belong to me
>military size doubles
>use them to invade neighbor as a meat wall
>unify with another state, do the same thing
>a rebellion happens but I encircle and kill it
>grug forces snowball
>am infantry Genghis Khan
>swamp a more advanced major with my unarmored raider units
>sweep across the planet
>another rebellion happens because my secretary hated me so much (no idea why), kill it
>eventually annex more minors until my numbers are ridiculous
>game tells me I win halfway through the conquest of another major
>half my cities have no mayor
>half my armies have no commander
>the secret service has no head
>I just stamp budget reports without looking because numbers scare me
>no tanks, barely any vehicles

I'm sure it'll be fine.
>>
File: 1554258570291.png (177 KB, 726x722)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>355506
listen to your cabinet anon
>>
>>355399
You can check the zone inventory. If they're in the zone but not at the SHQ, then yes.
>>
>>355506
heart>mind>>>>>>>>>fist
>>
Do I have to wait some turns to build up my Industrial Points or can I trade for more?
>>
>>355958
The former. Getting IP production up asap is one of the top concerns of your empire. Save metal up too make public Industry assets too.
>>
>>355960
Okay I figured out why my turn 1 construction projects were stalling due to lack of IP.

How much should I expand into neighboring regimes before they declare war? A regime with farmer culture immediately wanted good relations and a territory neighboring me rushed me.
>>
>>355506
No borders
Your bacterial culture is too homogeneous and needs diversity
>>
>>355767
anon that sounds like a clusterfuck, but good job. In what order did you set up your councils? I'm still trying to get a handle on Models and OOB stuff right now.
>>
>>355767
>I'll admit it was on beginner but I'm retarded so it was still hard

Beginner doesn't really do much aside from making the AI a bit more passive and guaranteeing you a metal mine in your starting zone. Some say it's the most balanced multiplayer start because of the guaranteed metal and because unlike the other difficulties, players are also separated "with at least one minor regime" in between each of them. Good job though, and congrats on your first Shadow Empire: Planetary Conquest™.
>>
>>356147
>How fares your Empires, fellow warlords of Voqalion Major?

The Navy? Quite well. A few minor regimes have agreed to let us use their ports in exchange for protection, and one has formally joined the fleet after almost too many turns of negotiations. Thankfully, their soldiers will join the marine corps rather than fighting them. The biggest threats to the Navy so far are the man-eating snails to the north (the worst of which have been dealt with for now) and mutants to the south. The Admiralty is reluctant to send punitive expeditions to these places as the industrial points needed to build the roads necessary to supply such ventures are better used elsewhere.
>>
>>356073
Military, economic, and i picked the rest at random

>>356085
Oh, huh, that's neat
>>
>>355519
>>355539
>>355777
>>355929
>>355970

It contained knowledge on volcanic power plants, this is the absolute worst. Do you know how it fucking feels to come across a quarantined mystery door from the apocalypse and your entire fucking cabinet, the men and women who have been faithfully serving with you ALL THESE YEARS, universally pounding their fists on the table chanting "Open the door!" like actual cavemen, and they have now been VALIDATED.
>>
>>356294
lmao
>>
>>356294
OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR

t. filthy backseater in the empire's parliament
>>
File: file.png (1.4 MB, 713x1143)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>354836
Already exists
>>
>>355286
No, raising worker wages increases the private sector income, thus in turn increasing private wages. It's never a good option to raise worker happiness. Increase QoL instead.
Also, it might just be that you have too many public workers. If you don't have a large private population, the inflated private wages will make your public workers unhappy. Nothing you can do about it except get more pops.
>>
More like adult mod when.
I want something similar to PirateX for that game.
>>
File: fist.jpg (12 KB, 490x379)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>356484
Nonces play this? Holy fuck that's a black pill right there.
>>
>>356562
Who is Nonces, aside from some animefag?
>>
>>356484
looks terrible, are the ingame faces made out of several different parts that get combined or something?
>>
>>356564
men who enjoy and actually seek out sexualized images of school children are nonces, kiddie fiddlers, high beam regarders, shrub rocketeers, prison entertainment etc etc
>>
File: OPEN THE DOOR.png (841 KB, 500x1000)
841 KB
841 KB PNG
>>356294
>>
>>352082
Ammo factory asset
Separation of environmental protection and ballistic protection
Custom TOE builder
A confirmation button at the end of all model design processes, like there is for aircraft
Low orbit infrastructure/theater
>>
My best leader is a cap 4 advisor with high stats across the board. Should I keep him in advisor role or move him to something else, if so what?
>>
>>352082
Been thinking about getting the game as it's been on my wishlist for a while.
How is it anyway? I've never played a strategy game like this so I will probably have zero clue on what I'm doing.
>>
>>355929
The 3rd fist profile is great if you're in a lot of wars. a flat +25% combat bonus and a posture that not only increases your maximum morale cap, but gives your units a combat bonus based on the difference between your morale and the enemies is a huge boon.
>>
File: water.jpg (108 KB, 984x929)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>356646
>I've never played a strategy game like this
the good news is no one has, it's pretty unique, although it borrows elements from various strategy game types. it's deep and there is a lot to get your head around but it is also fun and very rewarding to play, and the more you play it the more you get from it.
For me it's a game that will be looked upon as a classic in years to come, now's a good time to get into it while the dev is still working on it and planning a lot of new additions. As long as you understand and accept that you may never fully understand every single aspect of the game.
>>
is there a newbie guide on what's going on...
>>
Just finished my first multiplayer war. About 20k dead for absolutely no territory changes.
>>
>>356569
Yes, and there are in fact two faces for each advisor - one old and one young, they get mixed with varying levels of influence depending on the advisor's age.
>>
>>356703
meanwhile against AI you lose about 20k from the start of the game to victory
>>
>>356294
Volcanic power is actually pretty based if you have a nearby volcano and free water.
>>
>>356641
Advisor is usually a wasted slot because it's inevitable that the director will hate the advisor which kills their relations bonus. The most important positions are SHQ commander and military/economic council director, consider putting him there instead.
>>
>>352082
Travel through allied territory, more giant robots, metal gear references, AI needs to build truck stations and sealed roads (e.g. can only be 10 hexes from a station to be in supply), hover tanks, domestication of local wildlife, greater variety of things you need to do to survive, super low tech option where motorcycles and buggies are at the upper end of things you can do and you'll spend most of the game being no better than nomads.

I'd really prefer farming be nerfed and an emphasis on hunting, ranching, and fishing be added. That is, you'd have a variety of options to get food. Farming would keep you alive but maybe not contribute as much to health.

I'd like to see some cyborg animals with guns strapped to them too. Just because, even if it's just some GR war toy.
>>
>>352082
Supercomputers
Launch-sites
Satellites
>>
>>356715
I wish I was facing your AI
>>
>>356718
A capable advisor can make unrest or danger events a complete non-issue. You don't even need to keep them attached for the whole turn, just for the moment of the decision.
>>
>>352082
I want actual diplomacy so the strategic game could play more like a 4x and less like a wargame. I want to be able to exchange tiles to fix muh borders, I want the AI to care about its own survival rather than declaring war on my protectorates when I'm 3x more powerful, etc.
>inb4 pbem
I'd rather not spend two months passing around a save file
>>
>conquer a major's capital
>immediate protest event
>fifty thousand soldiers, a hundred tanks, and an entire regiment of howitzers start murdering thousands of rioters in the street
a-am i the bad guy?
>>
>>356834
they're fools who don't understand the importance of order and stability when you're barely clinging on to life on an alien planet, shoot away
>>
>>356834
You cant help it, they were brainwashed by the evil regime that you heroically deposed. Nothing could save them.
>>
Some assholes had a GR heavy tank unit. I massed all of my medium armor to throw at it until I noticed that my combat odds with a single battalion was like 25-to-1. I poked it and it just sort of keeled over and died.
What?
>>
>>356862
For GR stuff, it's the weapons you should be worried about. The armor is defeatable by mid-game tech. I destroyed a Cataphract unit once with RPG infaintry.
>>
>>356862
GR heavy tanks, I think, have only 25mm of liquid armour. Conventional guns should cut through that easily.
>>
>>356864
>>356867
Gotcha. A battalion of medium tanks with medium laser guns killed it in a single round.
>>
>>356892
>medium tanks with medium laser guns
oh pffft, there shouldn't have been any surprise there
>>
>>356892
i remember some anon story when he found some gr tanks super early and was very happy - for a moment - because he lost them the same turn when h drive into hidden raider stack and they burn them with some ak and Molotov cocktails
>>
>Needs to have factions making planetside a sudden landing with GR tier tech and fucking your show when you thought you almost got the planet,also intelligent alien species doing this.

>naval units

>upbringing intelligence to local species to make them join your society and army ranks.
>>
>>356792
>I'd rather not spend two months passing around a save file
its not bad with 2 players. it goes pretty quick all things considered, especially if you both got time.
>>
File: unknown.png (554 KB, 729x451)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>356792
>>inb4 pbem
>I'd rather not spend two months passing around a save file

Honestly, the AI is just there as a tutorial. As with all wargames, PBEM is the real meat of the game. Two players slamming massive conscript armies into each other is a sight to behold.
>>
>>356905
>factions making planetside
So you say, a crisis?
I just hope they will be more interesting than in Stellaris.

I would want more ways to interact with regimes, like covert propaganda o switch them into allies or spreading the state supported cults.
>>
I wanna be skynet and go full AI
>>
>>352082
An OOB with walkers/heavy walkers pretty please
>>
>>357325
I've always agreed with this, but now I'm wondering if Walker OOBs would be too OP
>>
>>357325
>>357330
I agree that walkers should have their own OoB's. And if we can raise Air OoB's we should have Support OoB's as well - artillery brigades and the like.
>>
>>357344
The whole OOB system needs a rework, it's too bloated as it is.
>>
>>357345
Funnily enough I kind of like the OoB "tech tree," but fundamentally I think military organization in the game as a whole needs a complete overhaul. Leaders are way too important in deciding who wins or loses in combat. Barracks already give a global training bonus to your whole regime - I wonder if Vic can't expand on that and have something representing the lower leadership of your force affect OHQ combat rolls. Maybe add a couple more sliders to the Staff Council or add a new Council altogether that lets you trade BP's to raise the minimum combat effectiveness of your troops.
>>
>>357355
The real limiting factor is that you can only discover 1 OOB per turn. There are so many god damn versions of the OOBs (motorized, mechanized, all the armor versions) that it takes a really long time for you to unlock what you want. I think a more modular system that allows you to choose which units you want would be better: something like starting with 10 units of light infantry, then allowing you to replace 2 of these units for a specialized version and so on.
>>
>>357345
It should automatically unlock crossed OOBs. For example if you have mechanised infantry OOB and heavy MG OOB, you should also get the mechanised heavy MG OOB
>>
>>357384
That's not a bad idea. You can yell at Vic at the official forums about it. He actually takes and implements suggestions if you can manage to get his attention.
>>
>>357384
Good idea, I'd prefer if you could change 4 though, that would really allow you to alter the characteristics of your army from the off.
>>
File: Ohayou.gif (408 KB, 420x248)
408 KB
408 KB GIF
>>356569
>>356709
They should really use Gyate Gyate's instead
>>
>>357496
Add Taoism/Shinto/Buddism as cults when at it
>>
>>357077
It would be as boring as in stellaris.
>replace advisors with souless subroutines
>no need to farm and manage, just meak moar power
>blob out of control
>>
>>357592
>It would be as boring as in stellaris.
Impossible
>>
I bought the game on the matrix store a while back, is there any way I can buy the
physical box without buying the whole game again?
>>
>>357648
...physical box?
>>
>>357653
It costs an extra $10, but I just noticed that it doesnt come with a printed manual so I'm having second thoughts
>>
>>357665
Printing these things cost a ton of money, I think there were some people requesting hardcopy manuals on the matrix forums, you could try asking on there if it is possible to order.
>>
>>356640
agreed

>>356738
>Supercomputers
considering the mainframe AI event there could be a whole series of events of deciding if you want to give the AI access to your system for potential gains

i think some of the model options need to be readdressed. for example the fact that you can stick a triple nuclear engine in your trucks while other models become useless because of the lack of options down the line. motorcycle infantry should be able to use combat armour, but nothing higher tier and i think some sort of options for the motorcycle should be available as well.

>>356834
they chose to die, just remember if you remove unhappy troublemakers enough eventually everyone left are the people who like you

there was an interview with the game developer where he talks about the near future for the game among other things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNlODqsWNVI
>>
File: 1609611593587.png (301 KB, 518x852)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
Do you need to close down assets to reduce admin strain, or will mothballing them do? I'm trying to reduce the strain I've caused by building an ever-expanding network of railheads for my frontline. The trucks sent from my capitol is not nearly enough, and I haven't been able to get a good enough truck station set up in the nearest town, so it's faster and cheaper to just expand my rail network with railheads.
>>
>>358269
Mothballing works.
>>
>>356640
Supply dumps please. I know the SHQ sort of act like one, but they cause a whole lot of problems more than just that. I'd just like to build military bases behind the frontline that you can manually request ammo, tanks, troops, food to. And then when they make a pull request, they'll check the closest base first.
>>
>>357345
I agree. I hate having to look for the one or two OOBs I actually use in 5 pages of different useless OOBs
>>
>>358290
If you want a supply dump that acts as a place to store extra war materiel so you can build up a stockpile on the down-stream side of your logistics network, just build a new SHQ there. You can max out your logistics for several turns filling it up with fuel, food, ammo, and troops, and then when you're ready to use it you can set the units to draw supply from it and be on your way.
The supply dump I want is a thing that increases the off-road logistics range of units. Right now each unit gets something like 100 AP of logistics range which they point at a nearby logistics network hex to draw supply. I want a building that creates a ~50 AP wide area around it which are treated as logistics network hexes for in-range units. Admittedly this need has become less important with the addition of air forces.
>>
>>355438
did you even tried the secrete service council?
>>356484
This makes me want to make a fumo mod.
>>356652
high difficulty very often you get 3 water mines and a random, FML on water abundant planet with little ruins.
>>356718
skill double roll is still valuable and relation debuff during the attaching period is manageable, rarely the attached doesn't even feel bothered my current game interior council gets attached for long and still get to 91 np.
>>
>>356956
Are there any people who are willing to play it as the territory taking game it is instead of like a kill-the-enemy RTS?
>>
>>359213
How do you expect to take territory if the enemy doesnt want to lose that territory?
>>
>>359238
It's a whole planet and you only need ~50% of it. Instead you want to attack the the other players who probably control 20% of the planet combined.
>>
>>359242
Yes, I would rather attack the other players who probably have decent resources in their lands instead of going to capture the radioactive desert. In the process I am getting closer to 50% of the planet controlled and also pushing the other farther away from 50% of the planet controlled. Which is preferable to both of us ending up with 48% control each due to just grabbing radioactive deserts
>>
>>359245
You could just make a victory pact at that point and both win.
>>
>>359259
even in victory pacts there's a leading member of the alliance that gets the real credit for winning
>>
>start new game
>literally every single minor bordering me is a fucking slaver
send help
>>
>>359623
Just buy slaves when they come knocking
>>
>>359623
>>359696
try starting next to 2 slavers and 2 majors that blackmail on a medusa world
>>
>Slavers to the north
>Mutants to the south
>Giant bipedal snails in the west and east
>Have to defend an ungodly long dirt road linking my four naval bases together

Help
>>
How can you guys play on planets? AI turns take so long. I can only do moons or planetoids
>>
Do cities use pull for requests, or does supply lines actually have to go through cities for them to be able to build from the SHQ's resources?
>>
>>359814
Cities generate pull requests but if your supply line doesn't go through the city then there will be nowhere for the pull to draw from.
>>
>>359807
Play with other people, and try to dislodge another guy's massive infantry army entrenched in a mountain range or something.

>>359814
Cities need to have supply lines going through them. Pull points just try to draw more logistical points towards them according to their demands. Pull points are more of a duct-tape solution more than anything, really.
>>
>>359807
Small size planets aren't that bad if you don't have survival stresses on. 9 times out of 10 there's only going to be 3 other majors on the planet.
>>
>>359830
But the city is really out of the way, its going to make my supply lines snake around like a fuck. Ahhhhhh
>>
>>359623
Once you're rolling in rarecoin slavers make based neighbors as population is the most important resource.
>>
My traders have had almost zero cash for the last few turns. Wat do?
>>
>>360135
nothing you can do
>>
>>360135
Buy their stuff
>>
>>360135
Buy stuff you need so you can sell stuff you don't. Like if you have enough money, and spare rares, but don't have heavy industry yet, there's a good chance you "need' machines, so just buy some machines and sell your rares.
>>
What's a good planet setting for beginners?
>>
>>360414
>>360935
I don't have any cash either
>>
>>360967
Siwa, the earth-like planet. Plenty of water to go around makes things easier.
>>
>>360967
For literally your first game? Siwa, haven of peace, Robinson Crusoe. This gives you a playground to learn the mechanics without any real threats.
>>
Has anyone actually noticed a difference between slow AI on and off?
>>
>>360972
Play the fate card that gives you cash, play the bp card that steals from the private industry, stop paying people as much, raise taxes.
>>
File: readiness.png (2.37 MB, 1920x1080)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
See red circles. Why do I have negative modifiers of -67% (Readiness Modifier of Attack Values) and -32% (Readiness Modifier of Hit Points) when the unit Readiness is at 100?

I recognize it's silly for my MG unit to attack these guys anyway, since the enemy Soft Defense is rather high compared to my Soft Attack, but the Readiness negative modifiers make no sense to me.
>>
>>361187
do the aliens have any modifiers that might influence your units effective readiness in combat?
>>
File: cutOff.png (2.38 MB, 1920x1080)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB PNG
>>361196
Thanks, I will look into this next time. My recon is now too poor on that hex and I can't see the Unit's modifiers.

Anyway, what a terrible start to a game. A Minor to my west, creatures to my east, and now an opportunistic Minor to my north-east coming in for the kill.
>>
File: FUCK NO.png (275 KB, 410x498)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>
>>361265
Can't you try to tame the monsters and turn them against the minors? If that's not a thing it should be.
>>
>>361270
click on those ayliums unit cards, what the fuck are they
>>
>>361270
LMAO thanks for making this.. I am saving it. You made my day.

>>361279
Lets all e-mail Vic and coax him to add this feature to the next patch.
>>
>>361265
You got way too spread out, in dangerous territory you should expand outward slowly to make sure an alien can't drive straight at your capital while your whole army is strung out 10 tiles away. Also spies and foreign affairs, if you can't expand militarily you can expand diplomatically instead.
>>
>>361316
biology council when?
tasks:
alien fauna surveying.(analyze animal)
gene modification (model design for aliens)
claw/teeth
fur/shell
bodytype(blood circulation type, body temp, breathing capability, stoamach, control mechanism)
along with secrete service planting parasitic worms/wasps outbreaks or locust induced famine, model/AF design changing into towed or ride version, economic research alien solar milker for food, strongs ones for IP, or cute ones for happiness, along with more building.
Need to produce from a basic embryo.
Letting or mad scientist event go hard or a fate card and bio is a secrete council. [flavor text: Why bother getting killed while these alien's can be controlled for our use]
Should there be distinction between regular husbandry and breeding versus cloning / genetic modification or its more of a tech level thing.
>>
>>356625
top zozzle
>>
>>361380
Cybernetics council when
>>
>>361763
i wanna leave my humanity behind so bad
>>
>robotic infantry can only be basic infantry
>no robotic RPG units
>no robotic MG
>no robotic jetpacks
why
>>
File: neuromancer.jpg (261 KB, 900x1240)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>361764
>mfw
>>
did surrendered soldier just vaporize?
>>
>>361837
Yes. It sucks because the AI will drain their cities of population trying to human wave you, and once that population goes to their SHQ as soldiers there's no way to get it back.
>>
its 20% off, should I buy it?
>>
Not really sure how replacing unit losses works.
Is it done automatically? I used the Repl. Troops order on individual units, since it seemed they wouldnt replace themselves. I looked in the manual, and it seems I can use that order on my SHQ. Would putting replacements in my SHQ then dispatch them out as units in the field sustain losses?
>>
>>361924
Yes. Click the Repl. Troops button that is on the right side of the screen. The topmost one will be for your SHQ. Any troops you have in there are automatically distributed to where they need to be on the next turn (if you have enough logistics points)
>>
>>361924
Yeah, unit reinforcements are resolved during turn processing in my experience. I don't know if you can replace troops during your turn though.
>>
>>361932
you can do it by "transfer units" between 2 units on same hex, but most likely your loss of readiness and swapped in units took some readiness penalty won't allow you to continue another fight.
>>
>>361893
absolutely. go watch some of Das Tactics videos.. and read the manual.
>>
>>361964
I pirated since 1.03 so no need for that.
>>
>>361924
There are two "replace" things. If you click a unit to bring up the model card, at the bottom next to upgrade/scrap is replace. This replace uses logistics points to remove a model from the unit and replace it with another.
The other replace replaces losses, the best way is to use the replacement troops button at the top right. This builds troops to your SHQ which will be distributed to needy OOBs between turns.
>>
>>361924
Its a pain but I always pull my troops back to a road. always works then.
>>
>>361932
>>361929
You can actually do it by clicking on the unit itself, and going to the "unit replacement" button at the top right. That will allow you to build reinforcement immediately to units, IF you have spare LP during that turn.
>>
Can you train bipedal cavalry yourself or is the only way to get it annexing a minor with it?
>>
>>362049
only nomads have them, so good luck.
>>
>>361972
you can't just pay the fuckin $30, $40 bucks? it's one dude that made this game. christ you all are fucked
>>
Ah, hadn't noticed the one under SHQ.
So when I click that Repl. Troops, the 0/XXXX is the total amount of troops that need replacing?
>>
>>362175
yes
>>
>>362168
stfu, just payed.
>>
>>362186
paid*
>>
>>354939
>not re-rolling until you get a planet with 30m carnivores
>>
>>362168
to be fair I pirated for a while to make sure it was my thing then bought after, I normally pirate in place of a demo then pay after for big niche purchases.
>>
Is it possible to merge formations? 200+500 milita=700miltia formation
>>
>>352082
better rebellions and civil wars, I don’t want to crush peasants, I want to have whole units of my army turn traitor
>>
>>363585
only GR units or custom battlegroups
>>
>>363585
You can move guys between units if the model in question has room in the receiving unit's type. So one of those size 20 rifle militia stacks can accept rifle militia of the same culture type, or one of your units with artillery in it (e.g. siege infantry) can accept artillery from an independent artillery unit.
>>
>>363585
If you want to make militia into condensed formations, take them to your SHQ and transfer them all into reserve and let them be reformed into new units.
>>
>>363592
>I want to have whole units of my army turn traitor
Piss off an OHQ commander
>>
>>363687
I hate that militia recruits are counted in the value listed on the replacements screen, and I hate that militia replacements are counted among the SHQ replacement total when you click on the SHQ supply button. This makes it impossible to see at a glance the information on these parts of the UI which are intended to be used with a glance, because dozens or hundreds of militia are potentially making it look like you have tons of recruits ready but at the same time are only getting a small % of them to the frontline.
>>
>>363730
being able to tell militia to fuck off is probably my most wanted feature after having 400 of them stuck in my SHQ for 90 turns
>>
So is this game fun because the people who play it make it seem slow and boring.
>>
>>363759
it's slow but certainly not boring
>>
>>363756
It used to be a feature, it got removed a couple betas ago.
>>
>>363756
make an army/battle group that have them and get them killed
>>
>>363781
militia can't be put into battlegroups
>>
>>363781
I just send them to stand in a place where they can't get supply but I really just want to be able to scrap them like I could a month ago. I don't even care if I don't get anything back from it, I just want them gone.
>>
>>363784
yeah but you can put them in raise army.
>>363785
im fine with them either gone or stay, my wish is to supply them with current level equipment easily(rn you have to do a same hex unit transfer) or supply them my my troop when they are in the perpetual state of unsupplied reinforcement. I still find the recon on some of these units amazing.
>>
Do militia come from your population? That is if 2000 militia spawn, do you lose 2000 pop?
>>
>>364100
No they come from nothing, which is part of why you can't scrap them anymore, it was an easy way to create population.
>>
Is there a reason why AI outright ignores like half the gameplay mechanics?
>>
>>364219
Because the more you make the AI play the game, the shittier it becomes. Complexity in strategy games is only meant to be a stumbling block for players. There's no reason an AI should be faced with all the same decisions every turn about whether to kill its rioters or accept degenerates into its society.
>>
>>352082
>>356646
Fellow new players - drop the 12 hour Das Tactics marathon and just watch this tutorial to get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6UynQsoL8E
>>
>>364329
More like dangerously simple. So many half explained or just completely glossed over things that just raise even more questions, or create the sense that it's not actually important to pay attention to which will just end up biting new players in the ass. 80% of what he says is "do these things" not "why these things". So much bad advice through a total lack of context or information that will cause players to fall into bad habits. Casual brainlets that need basically a step by step walkthrough of what buttons to press in what order won't have fun with this kind of game so catering to them in the learning process helps no one.
Not to mention I can tell his plan was just to start up a game and talk about things as they come up without any plan or script or even bullet points to follow to make sure he covers things new players would have questions about.
>>
>>364376
Tl;dr
>>
>>364219
Small family company )))))
>>
>>364329
Or just boot up the game, accept that you'll suck at it for a while, and ask questions here when you get stuck. I don't understand the "must watch internet personality play game" mindset that everyone has these days.
>>
>>364445
true, which is why i got the game firsthand then bought it. One or two half ruined or abandoned game is enough to get me into the basics, I only finished a third of that playlist on double speed and thinking the pacing isn't for me.
Im more of a wiki guy but rn the wiki aren't that useful or popular and there isn't even pages for all the weapons and designs, very often I have to open up an old save to see like the weight of things and what is halfed on its operational stats etc. Forum posts are that organized as well, some really good info on all raise unit template and unit design explanation is hidden in the war room.
>>
don't you feel this game has too much micro.
>leaders everywhere
>cards every turn
>units every tile on frontier
>shifting between discovery and research
>>
>>364593
No.
>>
>>364593
the unit attachments get repetitive when you have small formations
>>
File: yourtimehascome.jpg (466 KB, 1920x1080)
466 KB
466 KB JPG
i am at war with a major ai
i throw troops at him to keep him confined
we are locked in eternal war
but someday i'll overwhelm him as he keeps taking citizens from his one city

i am the soviets but german
i will fight and fight and fight
come it is time for you to join the other 50,000 dead men who tried to storm that city
endless war, living hell waiting for anyone who becomes enscripted
>>
File: unholy hell.jpg (398 KB, 1920x1080)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>364620
time to throw yourselves in disorganized chaos against their better weapons, discipline, organization and tactics
your last moments dying on a hot somewhat dark night on a planet you can't even breath on as your commander screams, dying just like your father making no progress
>>
>>364593
can't say I have these complain
>leaders
I barely need to care about them after assigning. Wide screening can be done in management tabs, personal interest just click on his face.
>cards
PP limited how much cards you would play a turn. on Average 2 cards per turn and a free cultist card for units is a lot?
>units
Mostly move one hex or keep squatting unless the resistance can't even afford to fill all the frontlines.
>microing hard on discovery/research to not research until the tech you want is up.
when high-discovery-low-research at start just isn't enough for you.
>>
>>364219
minor powers exist to be a mild speed bump, majors have a lot more ai involved. normal planet size with 1 major ai the turn time is almost instant, but with multiple majors the turn time can easily be a few minutes
>>
>>364325
This is the real answer. You're playing a game that's been set up by the game designer, let go of the childish notion that you're playing against an artificial intelligence because you're not.
>>
>>364588
dude, the manual. why are you wasting time looking for second-source shit when you can just ctrl+F it in the manual?
>>
>>364620
>>364623
why are you not replacing your losses? or giving your men any time at all to regain readiness? or why are you attacking with OHQ units? or why are you attacking into a fortified enemy without softening them up with artillery first?
>>
>>364710
because war is hell
also i just setup the staff council :)
>>
>>364716
You don't need a staff council to do anything I said.
>>
>>364728
>why are you attacking with OHQ units
what do you mean
>>
>>364739
I mean why are you including the OHQ unit itself in the attacking force. It doesn't need to be involved in the battle to pass on the commanders skill bonus and only puts the commander in danger of being killed.
>>
File: folder.jpg (238 KB, 1000x1000)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>364620
felt this was necessary.. surely there are some metalheads here? c'mon, it's 40k themed after all..

>Through man's existence, from the start of time
>The fight for survival is our only crime
>Those in power, rotten to the core
>The ongoing battle of the eternal war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc297A5CR9M
>>
>>364754
if they cant win they die

though spoiler alert, i am now going full vietnam huey and just nuking them before each attack. they will fall soon and sanity will be restored
meanwhile my people live blissfully unaware, with momentary shock at the numbers of dead, that is until the new movie shot in the lake comes on their screen
they cannot dissent
>>
File: 1597551540128.png (39 KB, 221x227)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>364777
also this music is making me more insane and aggresive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_S0FvhNZdY
>>
does anybody else not see major factions take much expansionism?
maybe i'm not playing long enough but it feels like they don't fight hard enough to stay competitive
>>
>>364798
If I play on small worlds they threaten to beat me through claiming territory. Maybe they just get caught up fighting minor factions on larger worlds.
>>
>>364782
>the fucking fae lords got to space
>>
>>364702
Yes the manual is the best source rn, but it doesn't have a list of weapon damage and weight charts.
>>
>faction has +++democracy profile
>leader of faction has ---democracy preference

explain this shadow empire fags
>>
>>364754
>only puts the commander in danger of being killed.
implying that's not the goal
>>
>>364868
He's exploiting retard voters to put him into a position of power so he can slowly become sole ruler
>>
>>364868
do as I say not as I do
>>
>>364872
yeah in the meantime it's fucking up all my leader relations
>>
>>364874
gotta kill him
>>
>>364868
keep profile neutral and increase your word score and you will be fine
>>
What's the hotkey to select next unmoved unit?
>>
>>364894
9 or 0, one of those
>>
Should I wait before field testing is at 100% before upgrading a model?
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.72 MB, 1920x1080)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
>make promise to invade my farmer neighbor to the east
>end up 2 tiles away from his capitol
>thousands of dug-in farmer militia ready to fight me to the death
>next turn a rebel army spawns behind his lines, right next to his un-garrisoned capitol
>walk in completely unopposed
>win war in two turns
remember to support your local fifth column
>>
>>364947
Field testing improve base design for the next model. Typically goes from the base of 85ish at start to the maximum of first gen 130, to second gen 140... Sometimes design score for weapon/armor/engine can use a immediate reroll to improve before you start putting them on the field, if time and BP allows.
Both high Field testing and new tech available are good reason to improve design. And you have available logistics and resources to upgrade your infantry at fronts(xp kept) or raise/replace(keep attachments) with new gen vehicles(xps are green again either way).
In addition I think your old gen's combat no longer contribute to the field testing once the next gen is out, which is why your resource allowance also comes into play.
>>
>>364947
You should never wait to 100%. The last % points past 85 or 90 take forever, in that time you could research several superior technologies that would have a much greater effect on the battlefield than a slightly better weapon/armor/engine roll.
In general it's worthwhile to make a new footsoldier (infantry, MG, RPG) model any time you have done any two of researching a new tech, achieving a high (~80%) field testing, or making good progress (~10% at the higher levels) in a linear field.
Remember that you can't upgrade non-infantry types, only scrap them, so it may be worthwhile to wait longer between creating new models. Use "mass replace" to keep the unit XP when upgrading their equipment.
Your old models in the field will continue to accrue field testing, but once the new model is designed the field testing on the old model won't affect it.
>>
>>352082
>liked gary grigsby's war in the east
>cant convince myself to get off the fence about buying the game
i have like 35 dollars in my steam wallet that someone gave me for christmas, should i just go ahead and pull the trigger on it?
>>
>>365159
Yes.
>>
>>365159
I recommend you read through the manual first and maybe watch a couple of vids. If you like WITE then you should enjoy the depth and complexity.
>>
>>365161
>>365163
>paypal kept not going through for whatever reason although it works on everything else
>go to just try my actual card
>pic related
guess im gonna have to wait to be able to play it
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 660x95)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>365169
forgot pic, thought i had it on there
>>
>>365024
>Your old models in the field will continue to accrue field testing, but once the new model is designed the field testing on the old model won't affect it.
Alright thanks I wasnt sure about this
>>
File: 1609733234968.jpg (7 KB, 275x183)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>352082
>send units out into territories near city in the beginning
>now cant figure out how to build roads to them so i can get them to do stuff (they dont have any "IP")
>>
>one of the highest reviews on steam compares it to Paradox despite it being a different genre
Also yeah I still don't know about this game. It looks like one of those games like dwarf fortress, space station 13, or kenshi where it plays around with lots of interesting ideas but it's bloated and unfocused design-wise.
Be honest: is it one of those games where the ideas are more fun than the execution or not?
>>
>>365387
>Be honest: is it one of those games where the ideas are more fun than the execution or not?

No, it's not. Sure, it could always use more polish - people will always moan about the AI, there could be a bit more to diplomacy, that strat card system needs a slight rework, I want my navies dammit - but considering it's made by a single guy, it's pretty damn fantastic. I keep seeing it on sale for $30, and at that price, it's a steal. This game will be a staple in whatever little niche it's in for years to come.
>>
>>365387
Singleplayer, yes. Multiplayer, no.
>>
>>364593
>>364631
Dev said on podcast that his goal over next year is to add navies/ocean planets and to simplify the card game so there are less cards especially by late game.

>>364445
>>364588
Not sure what you mean about "muh internet personalities". In game tutorial is pretty meager and wiki is weak so why not watch a 30 minute starter to save you 4 hours of blind fumbling gameplay so you can play the actual game?
>>
File: file.png (3.5 MB, 2037x904)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB PNG
first game, is it supposed to just be an endless advance like this? im going to deal with those nomads in my west sometime soon because they are a nuisance
also the only reason i even went east is because nomads from that area surrounded my capital when i sent my army in to help a nearby faction's rebels who asked for help
>>
>>365478
You're advancing into the wilderness. Your men to the far right are starving to death.
>>
>>365478
you can actually send spies to any territory even non aligned wilderness and with enough spies they will show you the whole area
>>
File: Funyaaaaaaaa.gif (1.43 MB, 523x847)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
are there any major mods in development right now?
>>
>>365392
>people will always moan about the AI
It's completely justified right now, the AI doesn't make rational decisions at all. It just goes through a playbook of actions to take regardless of the situation, those actions work fine in the early game but look really stupid once you've captured a few minors and have established yourself as the biggest global threat and now some one-province Major is trying to blackmail you or they'll declare war. The combat AI is functional but not good, it readily leaves gaps in the line which can be exploited if you have sufficiently fast units, or it leaves light defenses in cities in order to make a line when your units are already close enough to rush the city.
>>
>>365913
Tell us about some big brain plays you've seen in multiplayer
>>
>>365913
Realistically what can we hope for?
I have no clue how good AI tech has gotten or not gotten.
>>
File: 1601394376242.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>365704
Far as I know, no. Vic said he likely won't release any modding tools for a long while because the game is too complex
>>
File: ShadowEmpire_HiUpSYunEa.jpg (483 KB, 1600x900)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
>>365478
Not too bad, got some GR troops at hand and making moves.
Pic related, turn this on and see the supply coverage. If you are having black square your troop isn't get any food and risk starving to death, mechanical unit that need extra fuel prefer to stay in green zone other wise there isn't enough fuel next round to have sufficent AP to move or attack efficiently.
But maybe its a high lv thinking to starve them militia to death.
Road connection to freefold towns isn't necessary, did you build that or it's generated like that?
For Remote MG you can press s to move it along the road at some cost of the logistic points.
Can't see how you are doing resource-wise.
>>365326
you usually get like 25IP per turn and start with 90-100, early game is IP limited and dirt roads demands IP. But if you have no roads at all I remember organic supply suddenly go a lot further.
>>365444
Islands might be fun, but probably gonna make all these land equipment and models irrelevant as the need for ships and aircrafts for naval access is more crucial. Probably adding a naval research council just like AF?
>>
>>365387
nah, as a beginner the AI will be good enough for you unless youve are experienced in wargames. then when you pass the AI, you can move onto multiplayer where it really starts to get fun.
>>
>>365913
this, the AI absolutely cannot cope with you running fast units through their line. just having them keep units in reserve instead of dog piling borders is the obvious immediate fix.
>>
>>366075
Is there a standard practice to multiplayer? I'm heavily interested in enjoying the multiplayer experience but I lack the ability to dedicate 8 hours a day or anything intensive like that.
>>
>cant get my militias to replenish losses although i have over 15,000 recruits in storage
>cant seem to figure out how to recruit regular army units
>nomads outnumber me massively on one border and they are pushing me back
>regret losing my gr tanks and some other divisions in a massive push into the wilderness
>rebels also rose up and are pushing out on me since i cant send hardly any troops to go deal with them
>>
>>366183
>cant get my militias to replenish losses although i have over 15,000 recruits in storage
militia replenish on their own if the militancy of their home zone is high enough, they don't draw from your recruits or replacements.
with your SHQ selected, "raise formation" on the right side menu will bring up a window that has options for full OHQ's or independent units, with 3 sizes of each.The unit(s) will spawn on the hex you have selected.
>>
>>366183
pretty sure your militancy (of zones) determines if new militas form or militias lose/gain/replenish troops
i figured this out by fucking around:
click ona city/vil/town with good logistics (probably your capital)
go to 'raise formation' on the side of your screen (right side)
read what's needed
click raise formation

now if you do it with OHQ you'll raise a couple units/formations (the things you move on the map) with the specified makeup and a commander for them which gives them bonuses
if you do independent, instead, you can raise more varied units (no requirement to research a formation) but they won't have a commander i think

easiest way to think about it is:
1: staff council researches formations

2: military research lets you make units in the model design council, based on what units you have researched in the military research council.

3: model design council lets you design & make units formable (until you design your artillery you won't be able to produce any)

to explain simply:
if i want a tank i'll do the following:

wait until the military design council discovers tanks as a researchable thing
then, when they next ask for what they should research, pick tanks (usually happens after they finish researching something)

then i'll wait until it's done researching
when it's done i'll have to design the tank. this opportunity will come when your model design council finishes whatever model you last designed

when the model you designed is finally done being worked out by the model design council, i can raise it via
'raise independent formation'

however if i want good bonuses i need to have the staff council research some formation related to the tank, like 'light tank army' or 'heavy tank army'
if i finish that i can raise a 'tank army' and attach a commander the next turn

done, now you have tanks
>>
>>366244
>>366183
>nomads outnumber me massively on one border and they are pushing me back
>regret losing my gr tanks and some other divisions in a massive push into the wilderness
>rebels also rose up and are pushing out on me since i cant send hardly any troops to go deal with them
also don't get attached to your first couple games.

i figured most everything out by fucking around but you can bet i lost many games.
>>
>>366115
PBEM is by far the LEAST dedication multiplayer experience. you go at your own pace.
>>
>>366115
most boomers do 1-2 turn per day and just join multiple different games at once
>>
>>366244
In the early game you're probably better off just making independent light tanks and attaching them to another OHQ. At that stage one or two light tank units will make warfare a cakewalk while a whole OHQ of tanks is probably beyond your industrial capabilities anyway.
>>
How do you deal with terrible leaders, I find myself constantly rerolling because of this
>>
>>366254
>>366248
Do I have to join a discord or something like that? Also is it two players tops? My game only shows two players maximum when creating a new world.
>>366299
I staff the staff council with the best I can get then use that convention card, getting all leaders together to increase relation + xp
>>
>>366299
In the early game you just have to get by as best you can, expect low bonuses and lots of rebellions. Once you've got the interior council up pumping out junior cards you can start using your rarecoin earnings to fund retirements to get rid of the trash.
It's easy to keep leaders happy by keeping their faction happy, so unless the faction request is literally impossible you should generally accept them and try to accomplish them.
Leaders will gradually gravitate to your national profiles, so going hard for whatever profile combo you want sucks in the short term but pays off in the long term.
Protip: newly hired leaders start at the lowest seniority, so if you are intelligent about the order in which you hire and fire you can pick through a lot of trash leaders for very few credits.
>>
>>366303
Some people do discord, others just use the game forums or these threads. All you need to do is pass a save file around. 4 player max
>>
>created an air hq
>still cant create aircraft
i know for a fact that i have the technology to do it (95% confident i have all of it anyway)
>>
>>366549
Are you trying to make them on an airbase? I was stuck on that earlier.
>>
>>366549
Do you have the model discovered? Have you designed the model? They work exactly like ground units; you first discover the type, then model them.
>>
>>366561
so i need to build an airbase to build them?
>>366562
cant seem to get my model department to tackle aircraft or tanks so good to know on that too
>>
>>366564
Yes, I'm pretty sure I was only able to raise air units on an airbase.
>>
>>366564
>so i need to build an airbase to build them?
No, you can build them anytime through the SHQ. However, not having an airbase (or a not high enough airbase level) will make your aircraft work at extremely reduced efficiency.

>cant seem to get my model department to tackle aircraft or tanks so good to know on that too
Do you know how model discovery and design works?
>>
>>366566
>do you know how model discovery works
not really, its my first playthrough
>>
File: file.png (934 KB, 1033x625)
934 KB
934 KB PNG
>>366568
Okay, so:
-You must have the Model Design Council.
-Once you have the Model Design Council, you must then discover a model type.
-Once you discover a model type, you design a model.

Pic related (you access this section by going MNG -> TYPE) shows you what model types you have discovered.

If it's black, you can't discover it eitehr because you don't have the previous model or you don't have the techs.

If it's grey, you could discover the model; all you need to do is wait until the Model Design Council discovers it.

If it's green, you have discovered it and can design a unit model. If it has a unit inside you already have a model designed of this type, but you can always design more.

There's a lot more stuff going on but these are the basics of the system.
>>
>mpgame

United Front has gotten pretty big, living up to his regime's name.
>>
File: file.png (3.8 MB, 1732x949)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB PNG
it was a nice run i guess. first playthrough, pic related shows my current lines. this lime green faction is closing in on me with substantially better technology in the field and its going to be the end of me. at least they let me finish my grindy war with the nomads first
i learned a lot in this playthrough and although im about to get slaughtered, it was neat learning about some of this stuff. guess im gonna try to hold the line but i sincerely doubt it will hold
>>
Is there any reason not to switch to energy weapons at first opportunity?
>>
File: file.png (2.7 MB, 1492x1014)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB PNG
>>366753
pic related, my death after i got overrun on most of my borders with them besides one place i was slowly getting pushed back at
>>
>>366777
Yeah, that you'll accidentally cripple yourself economically. However, if you have enough energy-generation buildings and capacity, energy weapons are simply superior. Laser-mounted vehicles do worse than howitzers at killing soft targets though, so there might be an argument at keeping light tanks and assault guns with howitzer weapons.
>>
>>356484
i will now buy your game
>>
File: salute.jpg (9 KB, 252x233)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>366779
>>
File: 1568349010928.jpg (24 KB, 267x280)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>366836
i fought to the very end, even past that screen for a bit longer because my country wasnt technically dead yet and had a small number of successful defensive battles but it was a one sided slaughter where i ended up having to move my troops back to my capital as fast as possible
my troops consistently retreated east until my capital fell after a short assault and my last divisions died in that snow area southeast of the S-1 in >>366753, between mesa and bexifor. it was a courageous last stand after they could retreat no more. they even held out against several assaults before being overrun
>>
>>366842
the real highlight was that i managed to keep my country afloat for that long. i consistently had a major enemy at the gates almost the entire game and i had to buy massive amounts of food for a good chunk of the later part of that game
>>
>>366844
to put it into perspective, i was consistently sitting on a turn of food or less for most of that late game, with my metal production and whoever was buying it being the only thing that kept my afloat long enough to keep buying food from the market
>>
is there ever a reason not to go for the biggest gun you can on artillery and tanks?
>>
>>367140
It's expensive and logistically intensive, and on self-propelled units it slows them down.
>>
>>367171
but on standard artillery they move the same speed no matter the weight right?
>>
So realisticly how good can the AI get?
I don't really 'get' what AI programming is capable of today or if neural networks can be satisfactorily applied to gaming.
Has the AI sector in gaming been stagnating? Is it nearing significant advancement?
>>
Computer opponents are the same as they've always been, give them a baseline and then have them make adaptations depending on conditions. Shadow Empire's computer opponents are particularly bad because they're being programmed by one guy who normally does set-piece style tactics games and here he programmed a whole economy which the computer just ignores because it was too much effort to get them to use it. And the conditions can become so one-sided here due to tech variations and snowballing, while in a set-piece game you know what conditions to expect.
>>
>>366777
Not really. Getting to laser rifles as fast as possible is pretty much the meta.
>>
File: file.png (290 KB, 541x437)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
Is it better to just have one very powerful truck station in your SHQ and then remove the truck stations in any cities it passes along the way? This particular city is 14 hexes away, and I have a supply base to extend the range between the two of them. Couldn't I just build another supply base and ignore the leapfrogging through the city and take such massive losses on refocus?
>>
>>367240
>Couldn't I just build another supply base
supply bases are not cumulative
>>
>>367251
So you are saying only one works to extend the range before you need to refocus?
>>
>>367269
Yes, but a truck station 1 with a supply base 1 will go 30 hexes over sealed road before it hits the AP/extension limit, provided the supply base is placed in a location to get the full benefit of the extension points.
>>
Does mass replace send the old units back to the SHQ? Is there a way to swap the units, preserving the recruit manpower.
Because it seems like Replace -> Scrap at SHQ wastes my recruits
>>
>>367277
So then I could fairly confidently skip a city, just demolish the truck station and let it pass on until it reaches the next, yeah? Provided it's within those 30 hexes, and even then it can probably lose a little points before it would have been worth an earlier refocus?
>>
>>367279
yes but scrapping returns population back to the zone, which can they be converted back into recruits, so there's nothing actually wasted.

>>367293
Unless you get more LP's from the new truck station, sure. In your image without refocusing it would have passed all 620 LP's north and then start decaying immediately. With a truck station 1 in the city it's passing 266 at fresh AP, plus the 400 from the cities truck station (assuming there's only 1 road in and 1 road out of the city and no traffic signs for a 50/50 split),for a total of 666 LPs with fresh AP moving north, more than if you just have the sole truck station at the SHQ.
>>
is there a rule of thumb on when i should split my starting zone? population number, juicy resource spot, geographical restrictions? on a related note, when does it make sense to create a separate SHQ?
>>
>>367318
>is there a rule of thumb on when i should split my starting zone?
when there's a cluster of resources you want to exploit that's farther than 6 hexes from your city

>when does it make sense to create a separate SHQ?
when you have a zone that's cut off or you're playing on larger worlds with a very long and sprawling empire
>>
>>367185
Playing the game isn't AI. AI isn't artificial brains. People follow a flow chart when they play. Computers follow a flowchart when they play. The computer's flowchart is only as good as the programmer's ability to come up with a flowchart. If it keeps using the same one, then eventually people will develop techniques to beat it, assuming it's not a solved game. Once you are able to beat every flowchart, you are able to always beat the AI. You are also able to beat other players with worse flowcharts. This is passed off as "skill" (It's really just knowledge AKA "memorization"). Your choice for AI is to have it:
-Do random stuff to simulate shitty players.
-Do subpar and obviously wrong things to make players feel smart that they noticed an obvious and intentional hole in logic.
-Do things as if it were playing in the world, AKA roleplaying AKA playing casually AKA will be always defeated by aggressive players.
-Do only the most optimal moves and always win until it always loses. (or until the player gives up because they feel that they cannot win.)
>>
>>367318
>>367327
>new city
Worth doing if you start taking a lot of admin strain. As he said, assets 6 hexes away from cities start generating strain. A few isn't that bad, but it can add up quickly.
>SHQ
Usually one is enough unless it's extremely far away. One thing that can be considered is to move the SHQ, by making a new one, transfer all resources and get rid of the old one. It's fiddly and annoying but can be worth it if you want a more centralized location for the SHQ, or to better protect it against invasions, bombardment, etc.
>>
>>367355
>taking a lot of admin strain
where can I see the current strain?
>>
File: file.png (603 KB, 1289x294)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>367365
On the "Zone" tab as you can see highlighted here
>>
>>367346
Couldn't you just get a neural network to play?
Would introduce randomness, smart plays, as well as varied and interesting strategy. No player could 100% predict it, especially since it'd learn from every interaction.

Since this hasn't been done yet I imagine there are some sort of limitations. Nonetheless I have yet to see it explained why it can't be done so I assume it's due to hardware requirements.
>>
>>367458
neural networks already play starcraft and they beat top level pros. It took tend of thousands of virtual hours playing tens of thousands of games to get it to that level, though.
>>
>>367458
One problem with training neural nets to play is that it'd be difficult to program distinctiveness into the AI to get different "personalities" since they are a black box
>>
File: se logi meta.png (19 KB, 1162x741)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>367240
As far as I can tell this image represents the "meta", 0 losses to refocusing and splitting which waste a huge % of your logistics strength. The biggest downside is that each city has a connection only as strong as its internally produced logistics points which may require upgrades if it's a zone that produces a lot of heavy items like colonists/soldiers (but this also means it's really easy to identify weaknesses in the net). The upside is that everywhere besides the city links has a massive amount of logistics points to draw from which makes strategic movement around the empire very easy.
>>
>>367318
>on a related note, when does it make sense to create a separate SHQ?
When you make a protectorate of a geographically separated minor and another regime declares war on it, if you want to keep it you'll need an SHQ there to supply your defensive units and build more. Having a big sprawling empire is no reason to make more than 1 SHQ, just build a rail station in between if your logistics are having a tough time making it across a big empty stretch of land. Dealing with two SHQs is a pain and not worth the trouble unless you literally have no choice.
>>
>>367458
Its doable, its not commonly implemented is because the focus of game development isn't the same as research hotcakes topics and the market isn't specifically asking for it.
If it somehow became a trend like raytracing or battle royal or cosmetics then you can see all games have AI with machine learning in it.
Or maybe in the future it became a common practice among game devs to tweak a machine learning package and run it for half an hour instead of writing a series of decision trees and criteria and develop special game rules themselves.
>>367489
Several Blackboxs that output differently in a consistent manner should imitate different personalities.
>>
>>367458
>Would introduce randomness, smart plays
Do you want the AI to play well or not? Random plays are just bad plays. I asked >>365924 earlier for that reason. What sort of amazing plays do people expect from the AI or humans besides standing on your lines and encircling you? A secret meta build with the lowest ammo consuming forces that attempts to win though outlasting the defenders and forcing them to surrender when they didn't even hit any of them?
>>
>>367677
Big-brain human plays include closing battle lines and guarding cities.
>>
>minor cities magically disappeared after a while
Is this normal?
>>
>>367916
I've had slavers take over a minor city and bleed its population down to zero but I've never seen a city outright disappear before
>>
>>367921
No idea when or why it happened, but when I finally pushed in my two farmer minor neighbors their starting cities were just gone
Maybe they turned their whole population in militia or something
>>
>>367947
Post screenshots, it doesn't work like that. They either never had a city (i.e. not farmers) or you just didn't find it.
>>
File: no city.jpg (898 KB, 1920x1080)
898 KB
898 KB JPG
>>367953
Their city was right where the road ends
Same deal with the other farmer minor to the east, road leading to nothing now
Seems like a bug to me desu never noticed this in previous versions
>>
File: yes city.jpg (815 KB, 1920x1080)
815 KB
815 KB JPG
>>367978
earlier autosave
>>
>>367986
And zone reports they had 0 population so I guess that's the problem, Ill go back to see if they started with anyone or if they all vanished later
>>
>>367993
So they did start with some pop but for unknown reasons they were losing ~2k every turns until there was no one left.
>>
>>367677
Sometimes gambles pay off. Stuff like running your main force to the enemies base without them knowing so that you capture it while their main force sieges you. Or cutting off their supply lines via that.
That and I'll take interesting games over challenging games atleast 6 out of 10 times.
>>
>>367978
>>367986
Weird, you got me. Never seen anything like it before. Put a bug report on the forums.
>>
>>367978
it's scorched earth tactics.
>>
Militia casualties from a specific zone are bad for public relations right? Just peacefully took a minor and want to send their savage retard militia to die in the Siberian wastes fighting nomads.
>>
>>364593
It has exactly as much as you choose to engage with. You're not really penalised for ignoring it but there's loads to gain by engaging. Perfect system.
>>
File: 無題.png (332 KB, 460x488)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>mpgame

Christ, what the hell is this thing?
>>
>>368847
Animal taming WHEN
>>
File: 無題.png (386 KB, 506x504)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
And I have to hold part of a mountain range that's infested with these things. What's up with snails on this cursed world?
>>
>>368847
>859 hp + absorption
Good luck killing one of these
>>
File: file.png (420 KB, 456x309)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>368847
Send help, I have 300 of them 4 hexes from my capitol. My AT guns can't even scratch it.
>>
>>369056
Jesus that's terrifying. Are they soft or hard targets? I am being attacked by some giant snails that are classified as walkers instead of infantry thanks to a fauna feat. In either case you had might want to scramble whatever militia you have to form a wall at that mountain range. It's how I'm keeping the critters back on two fronts.
>>
>>369056
what are the stats on those AT guns?
>>
File: file.png (152 KB, 445x209)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>369059
idk if its hard or soft, but its defenses are high regardless. I am protecting my farms, it seems like it only keeps attacking.
>>369062
Just the model I started with, I'm going to need bigger guns.
>>
>>369066
Polymer means they are treated as hard targets, and combined with absorption means you need a hard attack greater than their HP or else there is a significant chance the attack is ignored completely. You're not going to be able to effectively deal with those guys for quite some time.
>>
>>369056
>>369066
at least they dont have the killer trait, you can probably just hold them in place until you can at least get something you can surround and wear them down with
>>
>create division with its own hq
>no way to select all units belonging to that division to move them simultaneously without selecting other erroneous shit in the same hex
im triggered
>>
>>369367
not sure why did you spawn an OHQ with other shit on the same hex. You can either spawn OHQ some other hex along the logistic roads or move other shit to elsewhere then group move the OHQ. If you say to save raise troop cost on food n oil then you have to know to produce replacement first.
>>
>>369367
Being able to filter group moves by OHQ would be a convenient feature.
Another feature request: group strat move.
>>
just bought it, give your top 5 tips for new players (not read manual/watch vids)
>>
>>369482
don't make a second SHQ
always upgrade your truck stations
always build bureaucratic offices
economic council should be your first council
machinegun infantry brigades are your bread and butter
>>
>>369236
What would that be? I'm not entirely sure how hp calculations work, I assume its something like attack - defence + random number?

So I at least need something approaching their total hp number I assume, we talking like 900 hard attack?
>>
>>369482
read the manual
check the forums
watch dastactics youtube videos
search the thread
fuck you
>>
>>369558
>I'm not entirely sure how hp calculations work I assume its something like attack - defence + random number?

HP is the models total armour strength modified by armour design.

For how combat is resolved,
soft unit attacking a soft target: a roll is made between 0 and your units soft attack after all modifiers are applied. This roll is then compared to the a roll from the enemy between 0 and their hitpoints after all modifiers are applied. If your roll is higher than their roll a hit is scored, which can be either a pinned hit, a retreat hit, or a killed hit. The enemy unit then counterattacks (if able) and makes a roll using its soft defense vs your units hitpoints in the same fashion as the initial attack roll

hard unit attacking a hard unit: same as above, but using hard attack and hard defense

soft unit attacking a hard target: your unit uses their hard attack value vs the enemies hitpoints-vs-infantry value, and the enemy uses their soft defense value for their counter attack

>So I at least need something approaching their total hp number I assume, we talking like 900 hard attack?
the way absorption works is that there is a chance that, before the rolls are done, any attack with a strength less than the total hitpoints value is flatout ignored. If the attack strength is above their hitpoints than it is rolled as normal.
>>
>>369580
Holy shit, so i'm going to need something with massive firepower to kill this thing? Do we know what the range of the roll is, is it 1d100, 1d20, 1d6 exploding? Eitherway Im going to need a massive amount
>>
>>369598
not sure, it just says that the higher the level of the absorption trait the greater the chance of ignoring the attack is. It's still just a chance, so you could try and just send endless waves of shit at them until they are eventually ground down.
>>
>>369482
Do the opposite of what /v/ says to do
Do the opposite of what /vg/ says to do
Do the opposite of what /vst/ says to do
Never trust your leader to make a successful roll unless the bonus to the roll is higher than the difficulty.
Buggies are awesome, but you might want to make a model design council and upgrade them asap.
>>
>>369580
>any attack with a strength less than the total hitpoints value is flatout ignored.
So you need a base attack above it, no HQs, no unit feats counted?
>>
>>369616
I don't know, I haven't encountered it enough to know the specifics.
>>
>>369482
Check out this video I shared >>364329

I'm playing my first game as well and doing really well, managed to whoop some Slaver scum and now facing a major. Summary starting out is:
>claim and protect at least 4 hexes beyond your city at all times
>build independent machinegun battalions to form a defensive line
>focus on getting Metals and then Industry. Building a recycling facility on ruins is a reliable option
>build roads/truck stations in advance/proactively
>>
>>368847
R U N
>>
Whats ths difference between two anti-radiation complexes? Which should i build when? I got a very irradiated planet.
>>
>>369939
The one available first enhances your cities ability to withstand radiation, the second one that requires radiation cleanup tech actively removes radiation from the environment.
Build the first if your cities are suffering from radiation sickness, though that is unlikely since cities have a built in protection all the way up to radiation hazard level 4. Build the second once you unlock the tech if the radiation out in the wastes is too much for your soldiers to handle.
>>
File: se.png (941 KB, 886x631)
941 KB
941 KB PNG
>twf you main superpower rival is Wakanda
>>
>>369502
thanks
>>369564
tard
>>369606
thanks
>>369784
thanks
>>
>>370122
I haven't found the place where you're supposed to find reports for people getting radiation sickness.
>>
>>371949
For cities it will list the effects under the population and worker happiness breakdown, and the population numbers if the radiation is bad enough to kill. For units it will be in their readiness tab.
>>
>>371527
Shieeeeeeeeet
>>
Bought this and got filtered right after creating my planet. Any vids to help me learn how to play?
>>
>>372340
make a couple cups of coffee and watch the Das Tactic videos. set your playback speed to 1.5x.
>>
Vertaria and Free City Alliance in mpgame, how are you guys holding up?
>>
So I'm running into some serious population problems. After a series of disastrous wars, it's just me and another major power left, but my manpower reserves are quite low. All my cities are experiencing shortages of workers, to the point where I can't upgrade my buildings.

I'm trying to grab what little free folk is left on the planet, but what else can I do? I've started disbanding military units to get more population in the workforce, so I guess I'll have to make powerful units that take less manpower.
>>
>>372498
Research robot soldiers
>>
>>372498
got any ruin sites or ancient vault cards? If you can get some cloning centers that's 1000 pop a turn per asset.
>>
>>372506
Yeah, got a 1:500 golden artifact site on 25k ruins that I'm just starting to exploit. Here's to hoping I find that cloning vat.
>>
File: hexQuestion.png (3.79 MB, 1920x1080)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB PNG
1) How many enemy infantry are on the hex in question? Somewhere between 1400 and 2000? I understand that my recon isn't the max it can be on the hex... but why couldn't Vic make the number on the hex and on the number on the bottom of the screen the same?

2) I decided to play on a desert planet where there isn't any water, yet I see water to the south-east of my SHQ. Is there actually water on desert planets then? Is water used for anything other than farming?
>>
>>372498
Well do you really need all these workers? Cant you mothball some assets or reduce production, if you cant field anything you dont need as much industry
>>
>>372524
>Is there actually water on desert planets then?
Those are underground water reservoirs or aquifers. If there was no literally no water at all on a desert planet then it would be unplayable. That's why there's a research to be able to create water from essentially nothing.
>Is water used for anything other than farming?
some other assets need water. I believe volcanic energy plants need water.
>>
>>372340
read the manual.
For lowest tech start, my first 3 things are raise some troops to grab land and make my city less feared(independent if need right now, OHQ if I can wait and gather 5500 troops, and you need to call your governor to raise the per turn recruits above the default 500, maybe set the sign-up bonus to zero if 800-900 is sufficient), building a bureaucracy building so that I have BP to make government work, and get resources and cash.
Early game end with some military technology setting yourself apart from minors, extended logistics with roads n trucks or even trains, good resources and IP incomes, and fielding real offensive units like tanks.
Or you can start at higher tech level, more zones, more peaceful neighbors game settings with no rivalry.
>>372509
golden artifact=win. You are probably gonna get two or three of them and autonomous factory.
>>
>>372439
poorly
>attacked from all directions
>cant take minor city
>two of the units I had surrounding the minor city decided to revolt
>mutant, die easily but the front with them is too long to cover effectively
>some of those 20m tall beakniggers spotted to the south
>>
>>372554
also protests
>>
>>369606
what's so good about buggies?
>>
>>372572
they're cheap
they're fast
they have good recon
they have good soft attack
they count as hard targets so infantry struggle to damage them
>>
How do you generate a population over 20 billion at colonization? No matter what I do, the max pop seems to teeter around 10 billion.
>>
>>372572
They're like MG infantry except
-they aren't infantry so they don't get attack penalties
-they're faster
-they have armor
-they have great recon abilities
-they have like no parts so you can put bigger armor and engines on them immediately
People think they're some shitty Mad Max type car when they're really like pic related. They can just roll over militia and weak creatures early on.
>>
>>372607
man the colour of that dirt is really pleasing to the eye
>>
>>372610
>>>/vg/dfg
>>
File: 無題.png (171 KB, 260x301)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
tfw encircling 21 battalions
>>
>other majors have laser tanks and laser rifles
>I just have auto rifles and howitzer/direct fire tanks
>>
control groups for units FUCKING WHEN
i just want a way to move several different units as a single group without having to filter them out of a crowded hex one-by-one
>>
>>372524
bump for question number (1)
>>
>conquer new zone
>instant massive migration from everywhere to war torn shithole right next to frontline
Ah yes, of course. I guess they really dont want to pay taxes uh?
>>
File: index.png (2 KB, 386x130)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>373270
>How many enemy infantry are on the hex in question?
>>
>>372606
Re rolling is literally cheating. Do you get to roll again when you don’t like the results of a tabletop game?
>>
>>373328
If I got all the Zs, Xs, and Qs in Scrabble, I'd definitely have the others let me reroll.
>>
I just found a GR Mobile Shield unit - how does it work? Does it need to be on the same hex as my units in order to shield them? How do I know my units are successfully shielded?
>>
>>373328
I will reroll for 2 hours until I get my forest world with 15m high carnivorous snails
>>
>>373390
They'll shield your units in any combat they appear in. So defensively, they'll only protect units that are in the same hex as them. Offensively, they'll protect all units participating in the attack.

As for determining whether or not the thing actually works, it's got a health bar in the battle screen.
>>
>>373467
the hero we need

>>373328
what is wrong with you

>>373390
gives a 50% chance to block attacks when attacking for the GR versions, i think
>>
Gentlemen, please explain to me the railroad logistics.

While truck logistics I understand - there's truck AP and there's the amount of Supply points they can carry. If your truck supplies are blackm there's either not enough AP or not enough trucks to carry stuff.
Now the rails I don't understand. I always end up with blockage at the lines leading to my SHQ from closest cities to capital, and I don't understand if I should upgrade local rail station or rail stations in other cities.
>>
>>373565
rail works nearly exactly the same as trucks, only that it needs a railhead or another rail station at the end of the line to send its logistics points to.
>>
>>373613
What are drawbacks of having one rail station in capital and railheads everywhere else?
Also if I have two cities with rail stations. There line is black between them. Which rail station I must improve?
>>
>>373615
>>373613
>Also if I have two cities with rail stations
Forgot to add that one of them has SHQ
>>
>>373615
>>373616
There are no drawbacks and improve either one of them.
>>
How do I block roads for logistics in the new system?
>>
>>373720
Still with traffic signs
>>
>>372667
woah a chinese person on 4chan.
>>
>>373779
more like japanese.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.56 MB, 1211x850)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
Fucking wizards
>>
What's the benefit/use of a second SHQ. I've had large empires, and rails seemed to connect my cities fine within one massive SHQ
>>
File: Suprise.jpg (1.23 MB, 2538x1440)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong here? The issue is that I want to extend supply northwest past Roumont.

From my capital, Kirkwall, I have built a rail-line and a road connecting to Roumont. In Kirkwall I have a train station and a level 2 truck depot. In Roumont I have a rail head and a level 1 truck depot. The hex to the north of Roumont isn't building very fast due to what I presume are supply issues.

Not really sure how to correct this.
>>
>>374329
hmm I cannot say for sure, but I suspect that whatever you're building on Mezeerm is consuming a bunch of logistical points. So to test this theory, make a separate saved file, skip your turns until the asset in question is built, then re-verify your logistical points. Separately, examine the Roumont hex using the Traffic Light feature to tell you what's going out of the hex. I view black logistical lines as the game saying "We are using ALL the logistical points possible, therefore we need better logistical infrastructure!" - so the solution may also be to upgrade the Truck Depot in Roumont from a Level 1 to Level 2. sorry for my not-so-clear explanation - I don't fully understand the logistical system myself, even with 25 hours of gameplay. I will answer regardless, as it's 1am EST and I doubt many are on at the moment..
>>
>>374313
Micro management. Like if you want one just supplying your front while another builds stuff without tying up your supply lines to your front with a million little things. Also to have a disconnected empire. A possible third use is to move your SHQ if its' too heavy to strategic move by building a second, transferring everything to it, and deleting the first.
>>
>>374329
Check the initial points and see if it ever had any. Check and make sure there isn't a traffic sign there.
>>
>>374341
>>374337
Thanks boys. I'll give that a look.
>>
1) During early game (lets call this before turn 10, turn 15 or so) should I be manually creating more Councils? Or should I just be building Councils as my Secretary says I should be? (I am starting my games with the Supreme Command Council only)

2) Early game it seems like I should be heavy Discovery, and light Research (maybe 80 / 20 split?) But as soon as I find something I want to research should I call my corresponding Council leader up to increase Research? What are you all doing here? I forget to dial these knobs, and the next thing you know I am JUST finishing research on Automatic Rifles and Universities.
>>
>>374343
you create BP points every round and your councils consume these as budgets to discover and research. high command and bureaucrat offices make bp, early game you have less income so more councils mean that little amount you have is split between all of them.

after you have researched 3 techs in a square then it unlocks discovery in the connecting techs. unless you have maxed out discovered techs or have found a tech you really need i usually stick 60/40
>>
File: rebel.png (2.6 MB, 1920x1080)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB PNG
I ignored this and now the asshole took over a town of mine. Is there anything I could have done to stop this?
>>
>>374359
remove him from his post then use a retirement card on him, or assassinate him
>>
>>374373
Oh I removed him alright, which is why he got pissed at me. Don't worry though, I squashed his small army. And yes, a few turns later, I drew an 'Assassinate' card.
>>
Just took the sole city of an enemy major. First time I've warred one. Are their units going to start dropping dead from lack of supplies or am I going to have to send troops to literally every hex of their former territory?
>>
>>374329
Probably all your logistics is used to transfer food and other stuff between the two zones, Id put a traffic signs blocking trucks and pull south of Rourmont so only rail is used
>>
>>374541
Not sure, generally I do have to send the cleanup crew. Which is really annoying because their former capital zone becomes a "no zone" area so you can't send spies anymore and have to recon manually. On maps with large zones it's pretty nightmarish.
>>
I swear I have Militia units just randomly popping up on my map, yet I get no indication that they've been created. How the Militia work - are they like "private" industry, but for military purposes? Where can I look within this semi-complicated UI to learn more about them?
>>
>>374782
If a zones militancy is high enough new militia units will be created as they gather up enough recruits and equipment. You have no control over this process beyond what influence you have on militancy: raising more regular troops and increasing civilization level puts downward pressure on militancy. The fist profile also adds a chance for extra militia units to spawn, and occasionally you will get an event that spawns militia units out in the wilderness that seek your support to secure a hex perk.
>>
File: file.png (458 KB, 1285x283)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
>>374782
Press the "militancy" icon (the fist) on a city.
>>
File: Maltinar_Turn40.png (3.21 MB, 1920x1080)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
>>374791
>>374797
thanks fellas, makes sense.

for some flavor.. I am currently on turn 40 with my autocratic empire Maltinar. My eastern front is well protected by a vast mountain range and a small militia force, while my left front is guarded by an entrenched MG unit. To the south I'm pushing an offense onto some poorly-equipped religious fanatics. With some tanks, artillery, and men equipped with machine guns I'm confident I'll be able to take them down. I'm maintaining all of this while also jugging my economy - I'm on the brink of not having enough Energy, and am rushing to build a power plant. To help curb power usage I have just turned down production on many assets.
>>
>>374810
You should probably use some of that political power
I dont even know how you managed to store so much Im always out of it
>>
>>374810
I think the reason I'm not spending so much PP is due to a combination of not getting cards that I find useful, plus my Council members having shitty stats & rolls.
>>
>>374818
You should see the session I've been working on. I had over 500 PP until a couple turns ago. There is no metal, only oil on this world and everyone's surrounded by mountains so I haven't had much use for cards besides hiring several dozen guys to my reserve pool.
>>
I really wish this game autosaved at the beginning of turns.
>>
Reminder to always turns your supreme command council priorities to 100% political power once you have a full council.
>>
File: turn50.png (2.93 MB, 1920x1080)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB PNG
I'm on turn 50 or so right now. Pretty good game so far, things have really picked up. Slaves to my south sniped my city (that was my own fault for not leaving at least one unit in the city), rebels to my east, mutants to my south. The AI is "smart" when it comes to capturing my roads, though I find myself building a temporary road the next turn if I can't capture it back. I'm quite a bit overwhelmed as to how to "progress" now - what models and OOBs to research, but so far Light Tanks are more than adequate against human and mutant flesh.
>>
File: oki doki.jpg (889 KB, 1920x1080)
889 KB
889 KB JPG
My vassal just declared war on me
Wut?
>>
>>375164
never trust raiders I guess
>>
>Open fire open fire
>Mission successful
>>
>>374818
it depends on the game difficulty. on extreme im always out.
>>374825
play them anyway if no harm. train their xp.
>>375177
>bring in the tanks! (pew pew)
>Mission Successful.
>>
>>375177
>Do no harm? YEAH RIGHT.
>>
>>375177
>Uhhh... requesting backup.
>>
>>375177
I kind of miss the shrill
>AFFIRMATIVE
>>
>>375181
>Time to break some bones
>>
I'm planning my first assault/seige on a major. Their city is surrounded by ruin terrain and I'm trying to optimize my army.

Am I right to think infantry backed by artillery is the way to go for ruin fighting? I also have 2 walkers to assist.
>>
>>375744
There are other factors involved, such as what type of units the enemy has and how high their readiness/entrenchment. If they have no anti-armor units, tanks armed with howitzers will make mincemeat of them. If you have no tanks or if the enemy has a lot of RPGs/AT, focus on bombarding the enemy with artillery first to lower their readiness/entrenchment before sending your units in. Also make sure your units have high readiness before attacking.

Walkers are the best unit to use in ruins, as they function like armor but do not suffer terrain penalties.
>>
I notice my food dips hard only as I'm building stuff. Does that means Workers are only consuming food while they're actively working on projects? If that's the case, how can I forcast how much food I truly need if I want to build a structure (and therefore need workers).

Any general tips managing new conquered towns? I only have 2 conquered towns and I've noticed that they don't do a whole lot - there aren't many workers, I'm not really building things there other than QoL stuff. So the real question is, in what sense do I want to develop these conquered towns? I have upgrading all of my "material good"-based buildings (Mines, Factories, Farms, etc) in my base town/region, and that seems to be going well for me so far.
>>
>>375796
The only reason to lose food while building is if you're taking workers from your public food assets (protip: private food assets are better so don't build public unless you have to).
In the conquered towns you should build bureaucracat offices, the 4x QOL buildings, and logistics... basically the same stuff you build everywhere else. Build soil demetalization and the other zone-uniques if you need them.
>>
>>375809
Thanks. And I was incorrect, my workers eat just as much food, even if they aren't building. I just haven't been paying attention to my food the fast few rounds and it's gotten dangerously low, so I turned down the production of my Bio-Fuel plant. mmm ethanol
>>
File: Combattants 3.png (1.65 MB, 1261x876)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>375748
Good point, they don't seem to have any RPGs and pic related seems to be the bulk of their army.

My current army is primarily MGs supporting light tanks who have been tearing up Nomads and some slavers on the frozen plains - my main worry was that my light tanks (hard defense 115) would get torn up by their infantry in the ruins but based on your comment perhaps I can just keep pushing?
>>
Can someone explain tanks and their associated guns? I have the following:

Light Tank, 77 combat, 60mm howitzer gun
Medium Tank, 249 combat, 105mm howitzer gun
Heavy Tank, 607 combat, 180mm high velocity

Light Tanks chew through infantry, but I've yet to use Medium and Heavies. I'm guessing Heavies chew through Armor, so what is the purpose of Medium tanks? And how do you know that a given gun is better going through flesh versus armor.
>>
>>375828
Oh and on top of that, all of my tank models either have an underpowered engine, or an inefficient engine. Why is this, and how do I fix it? Rebuild the model with the next engine class up?
>>
>>375828
Howitzer is good against infantry and high velocity is good against everything else. A bigger howitzer will do better against infantry which is why your medium tanks will kill infantry better than your light tanks but your heavy tanks will kill infantry poorly.
>>375830
Use an engine power which is higher than the total vehicle weight in the build screen. In the end the quality rolls might result in an underpowered engine even if it should have been good enough. Heavier vehicles have a built-in penalty which you have to overcome.
>>
File: tonk.png (1.22 MB, 1129x735)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>375828
>>375830
dont use howitzer on medium, the assault gun you get after the medium is for the howitzer. soft attack is versus infantry and hard attack is versus armor. each component you add has a weight cost and with land vehicles you either want to choose an engine equal or greater.
>>
File: medium.png (2.65 MB, 1920x1080)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>375832
>>375835
Thanks fellas. so I made a new design for my Medium. Put a high velocity gun on it, and put on the biggest engine I could, but it's STILL underpowered. My original Eng Design was a 75, with this new design it's an 89, so that at least seems good. What am I missing here?
>>
>>375859
if you only have steel armor i would back it down to 100mm
>>
>>375824
Your tanks will use their hitpoints when attacked by infantry, and their soft defense when attacked by infantry (in a combat round, both defenders and attackers attack eachother based on iniatitive). Infantry will use their hard defense when attacked by your light tanks. More importantly, all weapons have calibers which you can look at the manual. Depending how thick your armour is, small arms will almost never penetrate.

So yes, keep pushing with light tanks because they will just fall - if you haven't equipped them with high velocity guns and if they have decent armour.
>>
>>375859
As you progress through your tech you will gain better components (polymer armor, which is better and lighter). With metal armor it's very hard to achieve a non-underpowered engine. Bigger tanks even have innate movement penalties, so a Monitor tank will always hve a -20% to move or so.
>>
Whats the difference between Rad Treatment Center and Anti Rad Infrastructure? Which one do I want to reduce rad levels in my zone?
>>
>>375888
rad treatment removes rads from your populace, anti rad provides protection from rad levels to an extent, but you need radiation cleansing to reduce or remove it
>>
>>375892
So treatment center is for civilians and anti rad for military units, basically? And anti rad only works on the hex it's built in?
>>
>>375898
page 160 of the manual explains
>>
>>375859
Why is it so high?
>>
How do I get better at rolls for Strategem cards?

Example: I can't do most of my Major Strat cards because they have a difficulty of 300+. Yet my Foreign Affairs Council leader is a Cap V and adds +94 to Diplomacy rolls.
>>
>>375971
Better relations, artifacts and improved skill (XP) on the leader.

Difficulty is based on the target regime. If it's at 300 is because the raget regime has a very hostile profile (probably religious fanatics).
>>
I've played a few games now and I'm almost always down 1 tech level at least from majors. Is it just a matter of building more bureaucratic offices, or should I just balance my budget better?
>>
>>375971
Vic made impossible actions have an extremely high difficulty instead of just saying "it's impossible", you can consider any roll over 200 to be essentially impossible given current conditions (as in, you may be able to play other cards which make the card you want to play easier, like the propose peace - offer protection - offer client chain).
>>
>>376117
Yes to both. Also expand as fast as possible to have room to build more bureaucracat offices, and build universities.
>>
>>376117
Getting a leg up on majors by very aggressively securing minors helps. The more cities you have the more BP you can generate. AI doesn't have to go through councils or budgets, they just directly dump BP into what they want so they have a big advantage there. Preventing the AI from getting more BP producing assets helps mitigate this advantage.
>>
>>376117
if you climb tech then eco or mil sci need sufficient BP budget. Cutting other BP expenditure such as eco's other tasks, and well as other council that just generate cards that you have too much of. Either way for each task beyond 100BP per turn is less and less efficient, you can still grab them land and population tho.
>>
>large planet
>6 majors
>start right next to 2 of them
I hate this shit, why the fuck wouldnt he make spawn locations balanced?? It happens half the time
>>
>>376129
>each task beyond 100BP per turn is less and less efficient,
the penalty is never worse than the gain, though, so it's always worth it. The only councils that need a big investment other than your research ones is model and staff council, the rest can easily get by on like 10% of the overall budget.
>>
Is there a subtle Nazi aesthetic to all the units in this game or am I just seeing things?
>>
>>376156
Stop drinking
>>
>>375871
thanks man, I appreciate the advice!

>>376130
He said on a podcast that the game calculates population growth, then population destruction in the apocalypses, and then where surviving populations are dense is where majors form. So majors are clustered because geography/blast radius leaves certain regions in better condition rather than pure balance placement.

>>376156
That same podcast I mentioned he also rambles about how he is super into WW2 history ;-) but he's french so likely not based
>>
File: round90.png (3.3 MB, 1920x1080)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
What a game - I've played off an on today. Currently on turn 90. For a "small" world, how many turns did it take you guys to win or lose?

Developments....

I'm finding it semi-difficult to manage my economy. As an example, I noticed Major #2 has many Medium and Heavy tanks, which I didn't have, so I figured I'd need to match their production. Well turns out I didn't have enough fuel, which requires food, which requires energy - so I'm in the process of upgrading all my infrastructure as needed. Lesson learned.

Major #2 and I haven't been up to much the entire game, and I can't really play any Strat cards on them, so I'm beginning to build a force south of my East City. I've been building up an even bigger force on my south front. I noticed that Major #1 and Minor #1 are at war, so I may strike one of the two, but I'm honestly afraid of what that's going to do to my economy and logistical infrastructure.
>>
>>376178
use rails to move material from your outlying zones back to your SHQ and don't be afraid to make a new zone centered around a truck station if your borders are further than your logistics can support.
>>
>>376181
Thanks. I don't think I've had to toy around with logistics system much is because my two non-SHQ city hardly produce anything, I think ONE of them has a Metal Mine, but otherwise everything is very centralized at my SHQ city.
>>
>>376156
I don't see any of that with external cage buggies, sloped tanks and trucked. The only thing there is dark uniforms, but vehicles are also carbon black which is probably not to blend with what ever color player gonna set on the background.
>>376178
About slight more than that. Small world also differs depends on planet size themselves, planetoid and noon is noticeably smaller.
Don't worry about new zone have little, keep them loyal and logistical functioning, keep grabbing hex feat that you need and absorb minors that actually have populations and productions, otherwise you just hope the new hexes have resources to mine.
>>
>mpgame

No turn for a couple of days now. Whose turn is it right now?
>>
File: 0238125312.png (3.18 MB, 1920x1080)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB PNG
Bit the bullet and downloaded the game today.
I was instantly hooked after the kino opening scene.

I have to say I like the UI as well. I tried DWU a couple of days ago, couldn't read shit unless I was 2cm away from my screen.

I can see myself sinking days into this game after I finish reading the manual
>>
>>376243
My turn was sent 2 days ago
>>
>>376255
Haven't gotten mine yet.
>>
>>352082
is it possible to build a second city without taking over one owned by another nation, and if so how?
>>
>>376308
build or find an asset outside of a city and create a new zone on it
>>
>>376310
>asset
so do you mean where there is a resource or one of those free folk town things
i know both show up under the asset bar
>>
>>376312
I think it has to be an asset that has workers, like a farm, a mine or a truck stop
>>
>>376315
alright thank you
>>
>join some independent units into a battlegroup
>send them off to fight, they take losses
>said losses don't appear in the replenishment requests
>have to create new independent batallions and attach them manually
fucks sake
why is this game so jank
>>
>>376346
you can't directly reinforce the battlegroup using the other replacements button?
>>
>cant seem to figure out a good composition for a plane that i want to carry a relevant payload for a decent distance
>every time i make a viable template, the game always says i should consider increasing the plane's range
>>
>>376347
nope, it doesn't treat losses as "losses" the same way as other units
like, an independent artillery batallion falling below 50 guns (to 30, for example) due to losses would count itself as not up to full capacity, and request reinforcements
if you join he same batallion (full) to be part of a battlegroup, then take the same losses, said group just treats 30 guns as its new capacity
unless i'm tripping balls
>>
Is there a list of all the OOB/army types online? Couldn't find one in the manual, and don't want to waste resources in game researching the shit ones.
>>
>>376364
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4839875
>>
what does it mean to set a zone or asset to "mothball mode?"
>>
>>376404
it means it goes into stand-by mode where it requires only a fraction of the workers to maintain it but it does not produce anything.
>>
>researched plane
>designed model for it, has been completed because i can see it in my available models
>also built airbase in case that was my mistake
>created an air hq in case that was also my mistake for not being able to make them
>still cant find where or how to build planes
>>
>>376428
raise them as independent formations on a tile with sufficient airbase level
>>
>>376432
i was wondering why they werent appearing in my independent formations. will try upgrading my airbase - thanks.
>>
>>376243
>>376255
Sorry, sent my turn now. Pulled 30 hours awake doing bullshit for work, then ended up sleeping for 18
>>
>>376434
You can also build them as replacements and they'll sit at your SHQ, no airbase level needed
>>
>>376472
Damn, that sucks. Take it easy, bro.
>>
>>376574
how far along are you lads? i think a bit of an AAR kinda deal would lighten the thread up
>>
>>376253
Enjoy friend. And yes, do read the manual. I also suggest watching some of DasTactics videos... they are a bit long and I increased the video speed to 1.5x, but they absolutely helped me understand all the systems in the game. I am only 30 hours in and after three scrapped games I'm finally getting the hang of it. This game will be talked about for to come.
>>
Can I cancel a posture?
>>
>>376640
Yeah, go to the OHQ's admin panel
>>
>>376577
I'd definitely like to read an AAR .

I'm hoping to finish my first game this week and really want to try a nooby multiplayer match after that
>>
>>376701
>really want to try a nooby multiplayer match after that
i'd be up for it
i have to warn that i work long hours though, some days i just have no energy left for anything so i won't be available to make turns every day
>>
>>376577
Writing up an AAR would be quite fun, but I don't know how to go into detail without compromising opsec.
>>
>>376731
well, if the game's seriously competitive enough, then i guess it can't be done
>>
>>376701
>>376577
I dont think much has really happened to anyone yet. Every is still in the "fight aliens and other minors to expand" part of the game
>>
>okie dokie
>>
How do I know how much of a Resource is left within an Hex? I just tapped out all of the metal in my first Mine, and while I do have another Mine...I don't have any more hexes with that resource. I'm worried I'm going to run out for good.

For reference, the one hex I do have with Metals says "Level 4, 20.401"
>>
>>376960
you have 20,401 metal left in that hex
>>
>filtrationlets
>when will they learn
>>
>>376965
That is not good. To construct an independent battalion of Heavy tanks costs me about 1000 metal.
>>
File: roll.png (1.35 MB, 1525x701)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
How in the hell did she roll a 108 when she adds 113 to her roll? The lowest roll I should be getting from her is 109. God dammit Victoria
>>
>>376970
>making heavy tanks
don't even bother bro, light tanks are way more efficient.
>>
>>376970
light tanks with howitzers for soft attack, medium tanks with some shit for hard attack. If you run into something your medium tanks cant pentrate, just skip the heavy tanks and go straight to wacky shit like monitor tanks with nuclear engines and giant mechs
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.77 MB, 2560x1415)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
Lotsa volcanoes, -30c to -50c temps worldwide, tons of mining and farming, megacities, and anything even remotely close to water is frozen solid. Interesting world. There should be a way to get a full print of worlds like in Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>376960
Build the metal soil filtration structures.
>>
>>377015
You can have it take a picture of the whole world at the end of every turn, but it only shows things that your regime can see. So you wont really see the whole world in one of those pictures until late game, or unless you have fog of war disabled
>>
>>376960
>I'm worried I'm going to run out for good.
You just need enough resources to last you to the middle of tech tree. There are technologies to make every resource out of electricity
>>
File: boris.png (453 KB, 612x380)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
>>377020
>>377029
Thanks boys, I haven't really paid attention to the "science-y" tech and instead am just focusing on my Military Research. I'm about to slam my fist on the table and have my Economic Council focus 100% Research into Metal Soil Filitration. I don't really know what I'm doing - just winging it.
>>
File: replace.png (3.66 MB, 1920x1080)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB PNG
Why can't I replace my troops? I have "Current Pts" selected and you'll see that I've got plenty of Logistics Points on the road around my soldiers, and yet when I try to replace them the game says that 0 Logistics Points are available. What gives?
>>
>>377088
check the rest of the line, there needs to be enough along the whole route.
>>
File: replace.png (3.47 MB, 1920x1080)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB PNG
>>377090
I don't understand how to check that. The logistical system is still hazy for me, even after so many hours now. I understand that from my SHQ to my western City there is a bit of stress on the network, but even still, I've confirmed I'm getting at least some logistical points down south to where my troops are at. Hell.. I can UPGRADE them (the upgrade screen says I have 276 free LP..which roughly coincides with "Current Pts" displayed), but I can't replace them.
>>
>>377096
>>377090
Dammit... it seems like your units have to be ON a road in order to replace them. C'mon Vic...
>>
>>377096
>I don't understand how to check that.
You could stay on "current points" and just trace the road back to the SHQ and look for any sections that don't have any LPs, or just use the bottleneck overlay like you've done there any look for any black sections.

>>377098
>seems like your units have to be ON a road in order to replace them.
I tested this and this does not appear to be the case. Both for a unit that was previously on a road at the start of the turn and subsequently moved off of it, and for a unit that started off a road. I could still replace the obsolete vehicles present in the unit.
>>
>>377146
Are you playing a beta build or something? In my case..

I had a tank unit with 4/5 tanks. The unit was NOT on a road at the start of a turn. I could not replace the missing 1x unit while off the road. As soon as I moved directly on the road, I was able to replace the unit just fine.
>>
>>377152
oh, actual replacements for dead or missing units. I thought you were talking about replacing non-infantry models with upgraded models.
Why are you directly reinforcing the unit instead of building replacements in the SHQ and letting it filter through over the end turn?
>>
>>377159
>instead of building replacements in the SHQ and letting it filter through over the end turn?

I don't know how to do that :^)
>>
>>377160
Instead of clicking on the "Repl. Troops" button on the bottom of the right hand menu, click on the one at the top. The top one is for the SHQ, the bottom one is for the specific unit you have selected. This way you don't have to go around to every single unit that took casualties over the turn and order replacements individually, but do it all in one screen and at once.
>>
File: maltinar_110.png (3.63 MB, 1668x933)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB PNG
>>377164
Thanks - that is extremely helpful.

Update... I think I'm now on turn 110 or so of this game. I've been playing since I got off work, the one-more-turn thing is very true. Blue (to the west) and I are allies. I'm very worried about the guy to the south. I'm still having a hard time juggling my economy - right now I really need more metal, and I'm just starting to build those Metal Soil Filtration factories to get some metal, because I am completely dry otherwise. My reputation with South and East regimes are pretty high, but they're bleeding me dry by blackmailing me. I am hoping my West ally can chip away at the Southern regime while I turtle some more and blitz for nuke research.
>>
File: unknown.png (1.05 MB, 1366x768)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>mpgame

My punitive expedition against the slavers to the north is doing quite well. I'm obliterating them by putting them into pockets using what little armor I have and mad dashes with my infantry, before liquidating those pockets in the next turn with massed attacks.
>>
>>377217
I am suffering from success, my new cities that were (((Peacefully))) incorporated into my empire are taxing my logistical network quite a lot. With me starting up in the mountains it takes a shitload of IP to build sealed roads, let alone rail out of this hellhole.

not to mention those rapesquids keeps raising the danger level by just sitting out there, and I have no way to drive them off
>>
Pushed the nomads across some mountains to the north. Since I can defend the mountains easily, I moved some of those troops to fight back the mutants to the west. The last pocket of creatures close to the south is currently encircled, though I do have those 20m tall fuck demons further south that I dont want to bother.
Still havent cracked my way into the minor city on my east, but I shit out some more light tanks that should help
>>
>fighting long, grindy war
>back and forth across a decent section of tiles
>leave a hole in my line for just a tad bit
>ai somehow manages to snag my rail station
>stabilize line west of it after conducting a fighting retreat across the front
>secretary decides he has had enough with me and conducts a revolt right on top of my rail line, in a place it is going to take me some time to get to and another place closer to my troops
>messes up my supply line majorly for a few turns, never get it reestablished
>there is also a pretty big hole in the south of my front of the grindy war where no fighting really happens 95%+ of the time
>all of the sudden, the ai runs a small light tank unit deep behind my line and cuts off my rail line and sealed roads to my troops
>now having to fall back pretty close to my capital to try and throw together a defense since ive run out of recruits fighting this war although ive been producing 700 a turn for a while now
i dont know what to do about this situation, brothers. im just resorting to scrapping any tanks i had left in that pocket of troops without supply. on the bright side, theres another major at war with this faction but it isnt really pulling much off of me right now
>>
>>377404
protip: S activates strategic move mode, which lets you move units long distances for the cost of logistics points. Would help to rapidly respond to unexpected situations.
>>
>>377404
have you turned up recruitment yet?
>>
>>377537
where do i do that?
>>
>>377538
Call governor and zone orders
>>
File: 1608781558040.jpg (13 KB, 465x461)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>377558
ive been trying to make do on 500 recruits + 200 from a training dojo for most of the game
GOOD GOD THESE RECRUITS COULDVE TURNED THE WAR EFFORT AROUND SO MUCH SOONER
>>
>found 2 cloning facilities in the same turn
o shit
how big of an impact to these bad boys make over the long run?
>>
>>377585
A big one, it's 1k pop/turn
I wish I found one my planet doesnt have enough people and I cant expand my economy anymore
>>
How do you know what you should set your number of recruits to? I guess it depends on how many soldier you think you need in the future, versus how many workers you DON'T need? Or does getting more soldiers not necessarily effect how many workers you get?
>>
>>377606
More recruits = less pop growth
I just double it on first turn to get 2 brigades asap
>>
>>377608
>More recruits = less pop growth
Recruits do not affect growth at all
>>
>>377650
It reduces your populace, so it definitely affects it in the long run
>>
>>377661
Your pop growth is determined by the city's health. and is usually 300-400 pops per turn. Recruiting population into recruits simply transforms the existing populace into usable units; it's not the same at all. You can always disband recruits back into population if needed.
>>
>>377676
>is usually 300-400 pops per turn
doesn't it scale from current pop number?
>>
File: file.png (123 KB, 806x174)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>377683
>>
>>377688
Yes so it does scale? What are you missing?
>>
>>377676
>300-400
>-200 recruits
sure it doesn't, are you retard or something?
>>
>>377694
Can you not read? It doesn't scale with current pop number.

>>377695
The number of recruits you get per turn does not affect the number of workers you get or the natural pop growth of the city, what is there to not understand?
>>
>>377700
Pretty sure I'm reading correctly
>There is natural Populace growth
Populace is population+worker, but it doesnt actually say the formula so we cant know just from this
>>
>>377705
No, you're not reading correctly. It says the factors that modify it are Health and Fertility. If population total were a factor, it would say so.
>>
>>377706
It doesnt say anything about the formula for natural growth, so Im not sure how you come to the conclusion that populace is or isn't a factor.
>>
>>377724
Because the manual lists all factors that affect it, and total population isn't amongst them.
>>
>>377726
Yes, but what if... It's a factor of the base growth formula.... Wow
But again, we dont know because the formula isnt in the manual
>>
>>377730
Everything it lists is a factor of the base growth formula, and total populace isn't listed amongst them. You can try to push this narrative all you want, but you're wrong.

Regardless, if you are not sure, then stop spreading misinformation to people who ask.
>>
>>377734
Looks like you're the one who can't read, it lists modifiers to growth, not how growth is calculated in the first place.
>>
>>377737
It's really simple: if the manual doesn't mention it, and if you have no proof through multiple tests, then don't spread misinformation to people.
>>
>>377734
>Everything it lists is a factor of the base growth formula,
it doesn't list the exact formula in the manual
it just goes "this and this", not growth = 100*(6.9*fertility)*(14.88*health)*(0.420*civlevel)
it might have current pop factored in and not listed, which we won't know until we see the formula
>>
Is there a way to easily transfer some of my veterans to new units? Or do I have to bring everyone back to SHQ and manually transfer
>>
>Small population cities have 100 pop growth
>Large population cities have 1100 pop growth
>"It's not affected by population!"
>>
>>377700
>The number of recruits you get per turn does not affect the number of workers you get or the natural pop growth of the city, what is there to not understand?
it doesn't affect the population growth, but if you're recruiting soldiers you taking them from the population, how hard is that to understand?

>>377705
>>377706
yes it does affect, the more population you have somewhere the more it grows naturally, affected by the health and fertility (which are opposing factors to higher population)
and this all is exclusively separate from migration of smaller villagers into the city
>>
>>377585
cloning facilities are one of the best artifacts
>>
>>377404
>>377560
yeah but then we would not get this story to be old
>>
What's the largest amount of people you've started with post-war?
>>
>>378125
230 mln
>>
>>378125
70m with a pre war population of 1.8billion
>>
>>377688
>Negatively impacted by high civiliation score
Is there literally any reason to raise this score aside from the bare minimum? People are damned whiny.
>>
>>378328
you need one level of civilization for every level of bureaucratic offices, among other things.
>>
>>378329
How much score is a level?
Also I thought it was city type(minor, major etc) that effected your building levels.
>>
Wow you can literally do everything in this game. Like I’m surprised there isn’t a button to call up your secretary and fuck her.
>>
So can you get some cool stuff with scrapping in latest beta?
>>
>>378120
ill give an update to >>377404
>throw together a makeshift force after losing what remained of my militias
>the other major in the north pushed into my former territory that the grindy war opponent had occupied, which pulled some troops off of my back
>push enemy back to one of my former rail junctions
>manage to take one of the only places left near me that still has metal to mine
>control over it shifts back and forth
>enemy then proceeds to push 2 different times all the way to the gates of one of my 2 cities and not far from the other
>throw together some motorized divisions to quickly deal with that issue each time
>encircle and kill some enemy divisions caught in this territory when i counterattack
>been working on getting enemy opinion of me up enough to propose peace because i could tell that they were about to mount a major counterattack that i wouldnt be able to hold against
>pop shadow diplomat, propose peace, accepted
>end the war they declared on me with more territory than i started with
>at the end of that turn, my oil reserves ran out and there isnt hardly any left on the market
thank god they accepted that peace because i would have lost a lot of shit when they started pushing back
currently working on addressing my oil issue through bio-fuel refineries
>>
>>378331
Civilization level is the square root of the average civilization score of your zones.
> I thought it was city type(minor, major etc) that effected your building levels.
it does, but so does admin level, tech level, and civilization level.
>>
>>378342
meant to clarify, the pushes to my cities were through a single tile in the south i had left undefended because they hadnt done anything there almost all game
the rail junction is in the north
>>
>>378339
so far I've only gotten cards that increase your profile scores, but that's still really handy for when you have those profile demands pop up.
>>
File: great start.jpg (913 KB, 1920x1080)
913 KB
913 KB JPG
Option for non bordering majors start when
>>
>>378333
>he didn't know
>>
>>378349
how is that even possible when majors also start with only 7 hexes on a tech level 3 militia only start?
>>
>>378358
Idk, I started playing on hard difficulty, I assume it's because of this that they get a full zone at start
>>
>>378360
could be, I only play on normal and there majors only get expanded borders if you start on tech level 4 or 5, but you also get the same.
>>
>>376725
I'll post on here (or in a future thread) once I get my bearings as I just got the game last weekend, but agree maybe every 48 hours for turns might be best for the noob game.

>>377560
I think the UI for Leaders needs an overhaul, there really needs to be an instant tab with a Crusader Kings Advisor style tab listing their names, relationship level, and what they can do for you because right now it's split across a few reports and "calling" them.
>>
This game needs a 0 added to almost every number dealing with populations of things.
>>
>>378349
city state suffering.
Better start fighting or suck on fear anyway.
>>
>>378412
theres a tab in the management screen that shows leaders and their relationship
>>
New >>378510
>>
>>378517
new thread got nuked
>>
>>378339
It appears to be normal cards but they also raise a profile and cost 3-4x normal.
>>
>>378948
Yeah I tried it and I've seen only private assets and new leader cards so far
>>
>>378936
The anti-general attitude of mods is absolutely retarded. They did the same thing to Mario Maker 2 back on /v/ and killed a lot of fun.

Dear Janitor Idiots - this is a new release in the strategy genre with a lot of buzz in our little /vst/ world, leave the fucking generals alone for a few months at least.
>>
Even on one of the "better" boards, mods are still retarded.

Speaking of retarded, I think the Minor nation AI could use a little work. I'm still in my first game, getting to the end stages where the only real competitor is a major who managed to gobble up about 26% of the planet compared to my 21%. I take over two minors after wading through their screaming hordes of basic riflemen and just as I'm about to start transferring those troops back west to deal with the major a third rinky dink minor surges out of the east and encircles two of my units thereby leaving me no choice but to go to war with him as well.

You'd think they'd have some sort of local intelligence telling them that Kelvinbridge just got absolutely rolled by invaders from the west with gauss rifles and power armor and quad mg light tanks that absolutely DESTROY lightly armored and armed rifle divisions.

It's a foregone conclusion at this point that I'll swat this minor down, but I didn't even want to go to war. I was happy with what I had and was fine devoting my attention to taking on the major who was in first place. I didn't even have an option to reach out to the minor to secure borders before all of this started.
>>
>>379077
just invade if there are population or resources
>>
>>379273
I did, and I took all of his shit. It's more that it was a distraction that tied down 20 units that would have been better served taking pops and territory from my rival.
>>
>>379077
>Player is winning, I better just lie down and die
Why do people think AI should be like this?
>>
>>379077
I've had a similar experience, you can just put a token defense in place to hold the border once you're at that stage but it annoys me to leave a war unresolved.

Would be cool to have more options/decisions to placate unfriendly minors by giving them money or technology to fuck off and leave me alone for awhile.
>>
>>379405
I think it's more "Player is winning and I'm completely outclassed in every conceivable way. Guess I'd better pick a fight I can't win with the player!".

I state this in the sense that I would like for the AI to make rational decisions for the majors and the minors. If it were me vs all of the AI nations combined then it does make perfect sense for the minor to attack me to draw off pressure from my major rival, but if each minor or major is treated as its own entity with its own goals and motivations then it makes no sense for that tiny minor to pick a fight with me.

Keep in mind that this is a really minor complaint and I really like this game and I do understand that it was essentially created/coded/etc, by one man and I'm plenty happy with what he was able to achieve with what was no doubt limited resources.
>>
>>379429
>"Player is winning and I'm completely outclassed in every conceivable way. Guess I'd better pick a fight I can't win with the player!".
What else is it going to do? Lie down and let the player win? Because that's pretty much it.
>>
>>379434
Depends if you want an AI playing a game or simulating an actual government
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.22 MB, 2560x1440)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>Turn 6
>Forget about it for a while
>Monitor goes into power save mode and screen turns off
>When I come back, box shrinks to 1/4th its size and won't return.
>Not proportional, just the top left 1/4th visible
>Can't reach settings panel with the mouse because it's off-screen
>Can't tab through buttons because it's not implemented
>No save or end turn hotkey
>Didn't save at start of the turn and game only saves at the end
>Turn 5
>Check and make sure there's really no way to fix it once it does that
>Sigh and end turn
>SHQ commander dies
>Not in battle but in the destruction of the SHQ
>Have a 2nd SHQ at my town (91,48)
>No enemies around
>Reload and look
>No enemies
>No SHQ
>Hit SHQ button
>Pic related
>Turn 4
>>
>>379077
>4X AIs should just bend over once you're ahead
"No."
>>379513
You mean like Irak and ISIS and Vietnam just went "whelp, no way we're winning a war against the US, better surrender right away"?
>>
>massive map
>big logistics problems, can't figure it out
>realize that in a remote corner of my second SHQ are there are a bunch of militia unit I forgot to set to 2nf SHQ
>somehow they appear correctly in SHQ2 in the OOB tree, but not when I click on them
MOTHER
FUCKER
>>
I have sent a bunch of spies out to the various adjacent Majors, and yet I can't really see their statistics within the STATS window. I'd like to know how powerful they are versus myself - how can I do this?
>>
>>379644
Look at the regimes under reports -> regimes and look at the actual forces and whatnot that should become visible to you.
>>
File: why.png (203 KB, 680x223)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>379648
Thanks, this is helpful.

Another question - why weren't metals used for this construction? I am trying to build something that is not in my main SHQ city. I have plenty of metal and plenty of logistic points going into the city in question. My only theory..the city in question produces all of the metal for my empire, so perhaps it sent the metal to the SHQ first? And not directly to my construction? Regardless, I have plently of metal and in fact I have NET POSITIVE metal for the turn.
>>
File: why2.png (188 KB, 1265x225)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>379660
Disregard some of that last statement - the town in question where I want to build DOES NOT produce metal...all metals right now come from my SHQ city. And you'll see in the attached picture that the town wanted metals..but it didn't get any. So how do I determine thru this lovely UI why the town didn't get any metals to use for construction?
>>
>>379668
Well it has 375 in stock and need 375 so it must have received it at some point, it'll probably build next turn
>>
>>379668 It's probably what >>379693 said, but do you have any machines? It looks like it's lacking machines to build it though it's not red or anything.
>>
>>379693
>>379708
So I dug deeper and the asset was tacking Hi-Tech Parts (the calculator), which isn't displayed on the assets card. dammit Vic. anyway thanks for being prompt fellas.
>>
>>379660
>>379668
Do you have enough industrial points and machinery for construction? If you don't have all the ingredients in stock then no construction will be done.
>>
>>379660
Only 100 assigned workers, but not in red text, suggests that you're missing machines or hi-tech.
>>
File: nuke.png (1.09 MB, 1146x615)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
My First Nuke. Doesn't seem terribly powerful..
>>
>>379731
ICBMs have a 90% base kill chance and 60 attacks per round. This is also the weakest ICBM. Go ahead, try it.
>>
File: water.png (1.94 MB, 1920x1080)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
Am I fucked? My Ice Deposit ran dry and I forgot about the other science-y tech, and it looks like I can't even discover 'Water Atmospheric Recomp.' This has to be a bug because of course I have an Economic Council. What do I do?
>>
>>379796
The description tells you why you can't research it; one of the elements is likely not at atleast 0.5%.

If there's ice somwhere, just get the ice. If not, you may be able to build windtraps in the mountains. Otherwise, try to find water deposits using prospecting.
>>
File: jeribased.jpg (97 KB, 750x856)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>379803
Thanks, should have read more clearly. Wind traps it is. My Prospecting report shows that I can't discover anything else - which begs the question...as I conquer more hexes, the chance of being able to find something via Prospecting goes up. So say on turn 99 I'm told that I can't find anything more via Prospecting. At the end of turn 99 I capture 10 more Hexes. On turn 100, should I know from my Council whether or not new prospecting is possible?
>>
>>379818
Yes. If new deposits cannot be found with the hexes you currently control, capture more hexes to see if you can find deposits hidden in them.
>>
>>379560
>You mean like Irak and ISIS and Vietnam just went "whelp, no way we're winning a war against the US, better surrender right away"?
It's more like if Iraq tried to invade the mainland U.S. Learn to read you mongoloid, he's saying the minor started conflict with him, not that he wants it to surrender when he attacks.
>>
Just conquered a new city and the private wages are at 6 even though there are almost twice as many citizens as there are private jobs (120k to 70k). How do I make the private wages go down? It's ruining my worker happiness.
>>
My reputation with a Major went from high 90s to 20s - I have no idea how and when this happened. How can I determine this?
>>
>>380013
Check letterbox? Maybe they played a stratagem on you
Or their ruling party changed and now they hate you
>>
>>380010
do you have a large military present in the area with high wages as well?
>>
>>380010
forgot to add that post the private breakdown on the bottom zone tab or savefile lmao.
>>
>>380013
majors have their own relation goals they trend towards
>>
File: nuke.png (3.01 MB, 1920x1080)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB PNG
God it feels good to rain hell on the enemy.
>>
>>380034
Good God, anon. Is that really necessary?
>>
>>380034
Why are there four 14th infantry brigades?
>>
>>380060
The command was passed sequentially down the ranks as each man was incinerated
>>
How can you prevent your OHQ commanders from dying in combat
>>
>>380091
Give them the personal guard fate feat and avoid using the OHQ unit itself in combat.
>>380079
I mean why are there 4 in the same battle at the same time with different colors?
>>
File: ICBMrebels.jpg (672 KB, 1413x686)
672 KB
672 KB JPG
>>380034
tell me about it
>>
>>380091
Dont put your OHQ in combat and hope he's not heroic
Also I lost my SHQ commander for the first time today when militias had to fight close to capital to stop free folks annoyance
>>
>>379858
Shut the fuck up you little bitch, it changes nothing. By your childish view of "rationality" in politics it would make sense for small nations to never provoke bigger ones either. Except that's not how the world works. Never give your overgrown baby opinion about the functioning of geopolitics anymore.
>>
>>380321
Calm your tits, you're not as smart as you think. It's been known for a while that AI regimes tend to be suicidal towards players.
>>
>>380321
You failed to understand a simple post that was only a couple sentences long. You aren't even qualified to write English, let alone dictate what is "realistic"
>>
>>380347
>"Hurf durf the US is too strong, better not provoke them by declaring a Jihad"
>"Hurf durf the US is too strong better give them the oil and not risk an altercation"
I understood very well, your point just wasn't good, believe it or not, probably because you didn't rub your two neurons long enough. It is not how "rationality" works in geopolitics.

>>380337
God damn, get over yourself already. Every fucking time a 4X comes out there's a cackle of drooling retards like yourself who go "hurrrrrr it would be better if the AI just didn't make anything to bother you when you're strong" and it's always a terrible idea. And sometimes a terrible developer like Parashit does it and you end up with the most boring diplomacy possible, where you just have to get over the hump and then literally nothing happens that you don't initiate.
You're wrong, please shut the fuck up and don't mention it again.
>>
>>380366
Wow, you talk exactly like when I was 14 and just discovered 4chan in 2010.
>>
>>380366
You keep comparing the in-game situation to real world situations where there was provocation. It's more like if Iceland declared war on the U.S.
>>
>>380492
Isis did declare war on western countries, and they did attempt attacks in Western territories.
The only reason they didn't move troops is obviously because of the lack of force projection.
>>
>>380377
>>380492
I'm glad you guys get the point I was trying to get across. I appreciate it. Just ignore the other whackjob. Judging by his posts he seems to have some legitimate mental problems that have probably kept him from living a happy life. He deserves our pity, not our contempt.
>>
I want the AI to stop cheating and building free roads
Mountains only exists for the player
>>
>>381337
The AI needs all the free shit it can get, the AI is really weak.
>>
>>381369
Allowing it to blob in every direction regardless of terrain doesnt make it any stronger
>>
File: carnivorous snail.jpg (639 KB, 1920x1080)
639 KB
639 KB JPG
Send help
>>
File: snail victory.jpg (694 KB, 1920x1080)
694 KB
694 KB JPG
>>381411
2 turns later
>>
>>381385
In my experience AI avoids building roads over mountains if it can avoid it.
Making the AI not limited by a rule but pretending it does is often the best approach
>>
>>381478
F
>>
>>381620
It builds along the cheapest path, same as you (unless you build one tile at a time). It becomes an issue when you're fighting in the mountains, taking the AI's road is pointless because they'll just build a new one on the next turn.
>>
This game has made me realize that every historical genocide of nomads was completely justified.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.