[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 60 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Battletech.jpg (41 KB, 616x353)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Thinking of purchasing this to scratch my turnbased tactical itch any good/ better suggestions?
>>
>>343030
>BattlePronouns
Get 40k Mechanicus
>>
>>343030
The game is good but I feel like DLC bloated it. That being said, DLC is kinda mandatory for perfomance patches.
>>343034
Holy shit stop whining you fucking fragile cunt. You will never be a man.
>>
It doesn't do anything XCom doesn't do, honestly. I have no idea how they managed to avoid any feeling of weight in a mech game, but they did. Also, they could never be bothered to fix reinforcements spawning behind you.
>>
>>343061
time to dilate
>>
>>343061
dial 8
>>
>>343069
>It doesn't do anything XCom doesn't do
It does a bit, like firing position and heat management being mechanics I enjoyed a lot. I still prefer XCom but Battletech is a p good game which gets too much shit because muh pronouns. The modding scene is a plus as well, though as I've said in a previous post, the game is already a bit bloated as it is and soon it becoms just exhausting. The UI / menu navigation is also terrible, I'm replaying it and even with shit added post-release like being able to jump from mech loadout straight to the store isn't enough.
Could be a bit less linear too but I guess career mode has that figured out.
>>343070
>>343077
I'm a man sweetie, unlike you
>>
>>343030
Make sure you download Roguetech once you learn how to play the base game.
>>
>>343081
>I'm a man sweetie, unlike you
Is this the new LGBT cope?
>>
>>343030
Just play Megamek.
>>
>>343081
Battletech story campaign is also fucking garbage for trannies and women
Abhorrent writing
>>
>>343081
>t.basedboy
>>
>>343150
holy shit how can you live with yourself being so fucking fragile. I don't even wanna get into how the story is just some cliché "royal betrayal" shit which no one should give two fucks about, it's just baffling how you faggots base your entire persona around being manly and confrontational and yet you can't deal with the story in a strategy game played by 500 autists (tops).
>>
>>343153
take your meds
>>
>>343153
?? Tranny, nobody is kvetching here but you. Imagine being so buttmad people dont like this garbage. Also suprize news motherfucker, even cliche stories can be good, this one is on the level of most brainless american holywood drivel
But you will eat it because you have no taste lol
>>
>>343030
If you get it you can install some mods that add a load more mechs and a larger map.
The game is quite slow tho so beware of that, but I had a lot of fun with it, partially because Battletech as a setting is just fun too.
As for others, really depends on what you want and haven't played yet there are a lot of turn based tactical games out there.
>>
>>343030
Should add, I didnt go for Roguetech, but rather Extended, there is also another big mod I think that I forgot the name of now.
>>
File: meme.png (476 KB, 622x650)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
>>343139
Ok, I will
>>
>>343169
Roguetech seems neat but if it took me 6 months to beat a Long War campaign when I had nothing but college, I doubt I'd have the mental fortitude to go through this with all the shit I have to do these days. Wots Extended like?
>>
>>343030
see >>335123
>>
Play Jagged Alliance 2 or if you just want a good Battletech game, play MechCommander. The mission design of Battletech is terrible and gets stale very fast.
>>
>>343030
My biggest problem was that your unit size was restricted to only 4 mechs, forcing you to only roll out your heaviest mechs. It resulted in the same exact strategy over and over again of charge forward with bigguns when instead I wanted to use many more of the faster lighter mechs for hit and run tactics like the flamethrower mechs.
>>
>>343150
Make sure to ignore this post, the writing is fine and this guy will never be able to use his words to show an actual problem with the game.
>>
>>343264
The writing is not fine. It's painful to sit through, all the supporting characters are terrible, and the main mullato space princess is a terrible mary sue.
>>
>>343220
Battletech has never been about small mechs in its entire history. There's no such thing as small giant robot being more useful than giant giant robot. There are missions that arbitrarily limit you to lighter mechs for challenge but it's exactly that, arbitrary, because there's nothing interesting about "this mech but smaller".
>>
>>343208
Damn
Going through this history you lose all hope for unpozzed gaming industry.
>>
>>343271
>Battletech has never been about small mechs in its entire history.
t. retard who has never had his assault's cockpit sniped by a light mech zooming by
>>
>>343267
Exhibit A. We're talking about a power fantasy story, it's shit if the main character isn't some variant of Wolverine or some other betrayed hero. She's supposed to stomp the bad guys, that's why people want a story in their giant robot game at all. This has been the same deal going back decades of tabletop gaming, what you want is a boring generic story instead a good one where a character stomps out of the gate in an Atlas and kills everybody.
>>
>>343278
Mechs are already a power fantasy, you're retarded and your game sucks.
>>
File: 1460227656048.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>
>>343271
Small mechs can move much further than big mechs and are pretty hard to hit. That's a strength, right there.
Skilled pilots are good in light mechs. It's just the shitty pilots you have at the start that turn you off them because they can't move far and still get hit, even with the evasion bonus. Add to that the tiny weapons and that a missed shots renders a turn pointless.

But you still need big boy mechs simply because the enemy gets to field twice as many as you in every battle. Even with an evasion bonus, you'll get hit simply from the sheer number of shots the enemy gets.
>>
>>343173
Been a while but as I recall it mostly adds new tech and mechs and tweaks other stuff. Far more Vanilla+ than Roguetech and as I remember it, also not as focused on making the game more difficult.
>>
>>343034
>Still crying about this
>Ain't even true
He/She has different avatars and They lets you select any you want. That's all.
People are memeing themselves into mental illness.
>>
I'm probably a third of the way through the campaign and it's already getting a bit samey. Missions were you're swarmed with enemies are quite tedious and really drag things out. It's an incredibly slow game.

Is it worth dropping the campaign this early, getting mods and going career mode?
>>
>>343478
career mode is just as repetitive, play mechcommander
>>
>>343478
More or less the meat of the game really. Mods mostly add a bit more to it by having more mechs and weapons, changing enemy spawns a bit, but at its heart what you mention is the game.
Could try some mods, to me a lot of the fun comes from making different mechs and hunting for them.
>>
>>343478
>It's an incredibly slow game.
If only there was an option to speed up animations. Wouldn't that be something?
>>
>>343523
You can click through movement at the very least, maybe even some of the attacks but I forget, and disable the camera pans.
>>
I played battletech a lot, it’s fun if you enjoy the setting and a little more janky than something like xcom. There are 3 dlcs for it with flashpoint probably being the most important one because it gives you a bunch of mini scenarios to play. Unfortunately it’s not integrated into the main campaign at all, so you either play it after you are done with the main story and have all the super mechs and elite pilots, or you start a career mode and play these mini scenarios without the big juicy campaign. To me it feels incomplete for that reason. I’d get it on sale with flashpoint dlc, I don’t know if the other two are any good.

Also when you create your pilot your default gender is they so lol I guess.
>>
I go to the customise screen for every newly hired merc and if it says "they" then I immediately fire them.
I also turn the black ones white.
>>
>>343220
This. Completely kills any purpose behind light mechs.
>>
>>343364
Doesn't it also allow you more mechs per mission?
>>
>>343478
Plus the plot is absolutely uninspiring garbage
>>
>>343454
So it is true? What sane person uses they/them pronouns. Scratch that, what sane person gives the slightest thought which pronouns to use? Dumb nigger.
>>
>>344099
Use them as LRM spotters and for general scouting.

>>344102
If it does I don't remember. Don't think so though. I think it messes with enemy spawns tho so they're a little more varied.
Reading on it now it also doesn't add Clan Mechs for the player, but I'm not sure that's true given it gives you a Clan Invasion at some point and I feel like I had a MadCat at some point.
>>
The main problem with this game is the campaign is on rails with no way to lose and no replay value. Career mode has no opposition or adversary and is incredibly boring. This game could have been so much better.
>>
>>343527
That's my point. Dude's a retard that's either never played it or never bothered to glance at the options.
>>
>>344498
>so the cashier was being rude
>oh? What did *they* do?

Standard English. Everyone talks like this.

And, you can’t be an ESL because every other language has gendered language, including neutral genders. Only dumb fucking chuds seem to care more about gender than the SJWs you see under your bed
>>
>>346781
Don't play dumb, the dev is a tranny. Putting "they" pronouns in a game where it is crystal clear which "gender" the character belongs to is indeed SJW shit.
>>
>>346903
I really have to wonder how people as fragile as you even manage to get through the day.
>Oh no there's an option you can simply not select if you don't like it, another game ruined by the great SJW conspiracy! Why does this cruel world force me to read words that trigger me all the time?
>>
>>346962
Yes, I'm so triggered and yet trannies are the ones killing xirselves lmao.
>>
>>346962
>contract a mercenary company for a job
>"and that's the mission, commander. are your men up to it?"
>"my what?! did you just assume my people's gender?! i demand an apology and double salvage for this mission!"
>"o-okay. sorry"
>there are no other outfits in range within the necessary time frame. no choices
>send them to the planet
>oh no! enemy reinforcements! get on the comms to the boys
>"lads, watch out! enemy reinforcements. there's an assault 'mech right behind you. kill him!"
>"OH MY GOD did you just misgender our enemy? how dare you! i won't fight for a bigot!"
>mercenary commander orders his 'mechwarriors to start firing on my people and my assets
>teams up with the enemy to destroy my nazi bigot ass
Many such cases.
>>
>>346976
It's ironic, because the game never mentions your gender after character creation. You're the little snowflake obsessing over a single word to the point of overshadowing everything else.
>>
>>346983
Even less of a reason to put it in the game.
>>
>>346983
It's front and center in the very beginning of the game. Literally one of the first things you see when you start to play. I wish trannies the all best but I don't want to participate in their mental illness.
>>
>>343220
light and medium still can be useful well into the late game missions. the trick is exploiting the accuracy mechanic and jumpjets.
this was many patches ago so the details are hazy to me, but my favorite head buster was a commando with ac50 in one arm and maxed armor for the shield arm. also very useful for hunting down enemy light/medium trash and ensuring my assaults and heavies have as much armor as possible preserved for fighting other assaults.
>>
>>343030
Mechs are gay
>>
>>343030
>Thinking of purchasing this to scratch my turnbased tactical itch any good/ better suggestions?
Don't play the campaign.
>>
>>343030
Grab either the BattleTech Advanced or RougeTech mods. Both bring it a lot closer to the TT experience.
>>
>>348022
Mech pilots get all the pussy
>>
>>343034
Mechanicus is surprisingly a really good game
>>
>>348022
The only correct opinion in the thread.
Imagine these shitty walkers in an actual war, half just flops down the moment they start advance on heavily devastated ground while getting shelled.

Also:
>destroy tracks on a tank (most common tank damage) - tank stops, but can keep shooting and can be fixed easily, sometimes right on the battlefield
>Destroy mech leg - it falls down and is completely useless.
>>
>>350407
Eh, realistically speaking, the technicians would probably try to solve the mobility problem first. IRL, the eggheads watched Robocop too many times and are going out of their way to make sure that your chicken walker won't be defeated by a flight of stairs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw
>>
>>350417
Anon, I appreciate the thoughtful comment and video, but I respectfully disagree.
>realistically speaking
I honestly believe walkers will never happen IRL even if we will have spaceflight and other stuff.
>VERY high profile
>difficult to control
>needs high skill pilots (which makes it pointless in a TOTAL WAR)
>what is airforce?

Thousand little planes (or drones!) carrying a good powerful warheads are probably much cheaper and better option. I see no scenario in which this could change.

As for the video - human sized robots actually make sense, but again, not for the warfare. For warfare we have little agile tracked robots.
>>
>>350407
You are arguing about that with regards to a setting where mechs are used in combined arms and where it's entirely possible to get deleted by a tank or aircraft while in a battlemech.
Not that they're meant to be realistic, but Battletech isn't too bad about mech use and all if it wants to be.
>>
>>350386
like it much better than battletech. would love to see what those devs could do with a bigger budget, they captured what's appealing about their setting much more effectively than harebrained managed with battletech.
>>
>>343030
In theory this game had every single thing I loved. To this day I don't understand why this game failed in every aspect.
>>
>>350407
There's a reason that BT specifically had to nerf tanks in every sequential rulebook after the first one. But mechs are cool and muh honorabr combat!!!
>>
>>351971
>and muh honorabr combat!!!
Only if you're a filthy clanner.
>>
>>350407
at least know about the board game before you open your mouth and say stupid shit
>>
>>343030
Honestly, it is a good game. As some have pointed out, the DLC (in particular the last one "Heavy Metal") does bloat the game a bit but it is manageable. The pronoun "contraversy" is pointless as it has no bearing on anything except your protagonist creation and you can ignore it at that.

There are two primary single playermodes, campaign and career.
Campaign is a roughly linear series of story based missions with pauses in between that allow progressively more freedom in what you can do and where you can go. Kind of like giving you the opportunity to do side missions. YMMV with the story and story missions but I quite liked them all and appreciated the characters involved and the presentation.

Career is basically just "here is a map and here are your starting mechs, go have fun". There is some scoring stuff about how you perform and what you accomplish at the end of the first 1200 days but you can basically ignore that if you want. I recommend it after having played through the campaign at least once as the campaign does a pretty good job of introducing a new player to the game with some minimal hand holding.

Note that at the end of the campaign the game also opens up but your standings with various factions may not be the best.

There are single and short strings of linked missons called Flashpoints at the end of the campaign and in career mode. Some of these actually unlock mechs and mechanics, YMMV with regards to your enjoyment but I have liked them.

Battletech purists will likely hate it because it plays things a little loose in a few places for the sake of making the game better.

There is a common theme in the missions of fighting out numbered and outgunned. In places, this goes over board, but the intention is to force the played into situations where maybe not all objectives are achievable at acceptable costs. You are a mercenary after all, if the mission is too hard to you pull out. That is the minset behind facing 12 mechs.
>>
Its great, i really think its my favorite turn based tactics game nad system above others
>>
>>343030
It's fine but DLC are mandatory. Pity there are no TRULY serious challenges. Like Superheavy Mech bosses.
>>
>>343030
I backed the kickstarter so they gave me a copy, but I have yet to play it.
>>
>>353744
Do you have the dlc? Because sadly the game kinda needs it.
>>
>>343030
The 4 mech limit in lieu of drop tonnages obsoletes lighter mechs hard which is sad if you like lights and mediums. If you can only take 4 mechs per drop for the same cost why would you take a spider over an atlas if you had the option? Campaign mode is trash and should be disregarded in favor of the superior career mode, you will not miss a thing. All that being said I've played through it with each DLC and liked it despite the issues with the game.
>>
I 'member when I fought the clans for the first time in battletech extended. It was the first time I was truly brutalized in that game.
>>
>>353784
Not really.
>>
>>354090
You can still use lights and mediums as spotters and harassers. But luckily some mods add extra lances that you can drop.

>>353784
I think you can do without it, but it's good to have if you want the Flashpoints and some more mechs.

>>354090
Dunno, having the campaign missions for some occasional story bits and missions when I wanted them while also just doing career things inbetween was a pretty fun mix to me. Not like the modes differ in anything but that as far as I remember. At least as soon as you get the Argo.
>>
>>354090
Some of the missions actually do have tonnage limits. The higher difficulty missions tend to have a minimum tonnage and various flashpoints and some story missions have maximum tonnage. It is just a little uncommon because most missions are more like an open contract.

As for usefullness of light mechs, I can think of one story mission were there is no way to complete a secondary objective without bringing one of the faster light mechs.
More generally, I can also think of at least two mission types that tend favor faster mechs.

It is generally true that, most of the time, going with heavier mechs is the best answer. The DLC partially addressed this through various means (flashpoint missions with max tonnage, new midgame weapons especially suited to light mechs, added mission types that are easier to do with faster mechs).
>>
>>353185
>Battletech purists will likely hate it because it plays things a little loose in a few places for the sake of making the game better.
No, I hated it because there's a lot of stuff in the books that's hard to game on the table, lots of things computerization would solve. Salvage and refits being things you'd want to bring onto the tabletop in all their glory. But then we got a butchered salvage/refit system that doesn't actually fit the kind of merc gameplay the game is supposed to be about. We could have had different weapon brands and weapon perks and quirks, another thing that's there in the fluff (and at least at some point was in the works for the ruleset too). Instead we just got the neutered +++ system. We didn't even get any personable pilots. 3/10 game
>>
>>343220
>>344099
Roguetech (and probably that other more casual big mod too) lets you drop 2 mech lances and another vehicle/VTOL lance.

>>355445
>different weapon brands and weapon perks and quirks
mods have that and more.
>>
>>355445
I mean, none of the MW games do this either. It's not exactly surprising they didn't go for fluff weapons and quirks for example. Fun as they could have been.
>>
>>355458
>>355471
I'll have to fire up some mods later, I guess. Do they need the DLC?
>>
>>355485
Depends on the mod. No clue on the ones Anon mentioned, but should say on their pages.
>>
>>355485
no, although the dlc is supported.
https://roguetech.gamepedia.com/Roguetech_Wiki
>>
>>355445
>why didn't this singular game have as much content as a tabletop game that's been on going for decades
Are you really too stupid to figure it out?
>>
>>355458
Extended also lets you drop two lances IIRC, maybe even some more stuff. It's an upgrade on the Argo
>>
>>355824
You're retarded. It'd be super easy to integrate all the TacOps rules into a computer game because it would be doing all the work for you. It's not hard to do accurate conversions of rulesets. It's been done before with short dev times and limited budgets.
>>
>>343030
Die they ever fix this? I played it kn release and the game would send 4 times your weight in mechs at you out of nowhere on low difficulty missions. Made me drop it out of annoyance. Also didn't like how simple the combat was with only a handful of abilities and otherwise just being a slugfest.
>>
>>355833
MegaMek is what you want probably.
>>
>>355824
Salvage, refitting and quirks are like 20 pages total in StratOps. But of course the trannies couldn't read that far making a game that should be all about Accountantech.
>>
>>355859
MegaMek's campaign mode is still an afterthought, sadly. If they make it balanced and user friendly at some point, I'll give it a go.
>>
>>355864
Alright humor me, what did you want out of the salvage system? Because it feels to me like it's pretty much how it's always been. Not the tabletop but just in BT games.
Or refitting at that.
>>
>>355879
Individual parts that aren't weapons, for starters. Refit kits and refit classes. And building frankenmechs from those individual parts (if you have access to high-tier refit facilities). Having one third of a Mech just doesn't cut it.
>>
>>355880
I think that would be cool, but I recognize I am an autist and games tailored to my preferences are a sure fire way to lose money on the mass market.
>>
>>343030
The game is a poorly coded mess that at launch melted GPUs with it's potato coddings.
The devs were busy hiring trannies instead of programmers and one guy had to code this mess of a shit game.
>>
>>355833
It's almost like they wanted to get the basics down and save all the complex shit for potential sequels. Weird how that works huh?
>>
>>356539
"they" didn't want to do that, the tranny lead designer hates Battletech
>>
>>356321
They could have made refit and salvage complexity toggleable features. And anyway, if people can't figure out a class D refit requires a class D facility, they shouldn't be outside without a handler.
>>
>>356539
It's not even that it's very similar to how it was in previous games, except I think the slider for C-Bills vs Salvage wasn't there in those. In a sense it's just the default for these things.
Could they have adapted a better system? Probably. Is it a dealbreaker? Not really.

There is a mechlab mod that makes it a little more complex, if you install that I imagine salvage will also become a bit more important and varied, but I've not tried that yet.

>>355880
>Frankenmechs
I think it's easy to see why that's not in a game with 3d models that they just barely got from MWO.
>>
>>343030
Mordheim. Don't start with the Cult though
>>
>>357204
The thing that disappointed me about Mordheim was that AI warbands aren't persistent. I was expecting to fight the same guys over and over, each side losing life and limb over the course of many battles but it's just randomly generated dudes you fight each time. It's a fun game to play and a sunk a good amount of time into it but that one detail made the whole game feel somewhat pointless to me. If my guys can be crippled in combat but the guys I fight are randomly rolled each time then there's no incentive for the player to do something risky like engage an isolated strong unit in the hopes of taking it out to make it a non-factor the next time they run into that warband. If the player assumes all the risk without a chance for reward it naturally forces the player into a highly risk-avoidant playstyle.
>>
>>358554
That's what the multiplayer would be if it wasn't a dead game. Although the game does add injured henchmen and heroes.
>>
>>343220
I kind of hated that too. It's fairly true to tabletop in the sense that if you have a choice between dropping an assault mech or a medium mech, you should take the assault mech, but there's no other strings attached like only having X amount of tonnage available (So you can take more small mechs vs 1 assault mech), assault mechs being more expensive to repair (Because they're also less likely to take chassis damage anyway), and forced engine sizes meaning you don't have a lot of wiggle room in a specialist build. I remember the Cicada being the worst offender of that one, it literally only has 2 available tons with only a half load of armor.

DLC attempts to remedy that by forcing tonnage limits, but it just comes off as artificial so you have to carry a lance of medium mechs which you use specifically for those missions. I think the best attempt at getting the player to shuffle around which mechs they pick was one of the later missions in the campaign where the four mechs you deploy for a mission can't be used on the second, because the battles are chronologically taking place at the same time.
>>
>>351971
I always laughed about that in Living Legends, people hated if you pulled out the Demolisher because it was incredibly durable and sported dual AC/20s all in a heavy mech pricepoint. The only good solution against it was to bomb it in an Aerospace fighter since it had absolutely no defense against one.
>>
>>356327
At launch, sure. But it's 2021 and Battletech keeps getting better as the mod ecosystem improves.
>>
>>357165
Well honestly, I don't care so much about the Frankenmechs. Even in-universe they are rare because they need actually functioning factories, which are scarce as shit in the game's timeframe.
>>
>>359358
And Mechs also had barely any chance against a good aerospace pilot, which is 1000% true to the tabletop. If you have ASFs and enough room to fly them, you can just max out their loadout with dumb bombs and crater the heaviest enemy Mechs with a single divebombing run.
>>
>>359405
A lot of mechs had trouble against Aerospace fighters, but most of the non-assault ones had a decent enough speed to prevent one hit kills and the more varried armaments on them meant they had some way to shoot back. Typically, anytime you'd see an aerospace hit the battlefield though, you'd immediately get someone going Anti-Air after dying, which in turn scared off a lot of other people from going aerospace.

Dumb bombs against that quad-AC2 hovercraft, for example, would basically never hit unless they flew in a straight line, and that's assuming the aerospace even got close enough to bomb before dying. I liked the way the evolving battlefield conditions changed each side's force composition for that reason, you'd get a natural progression of aerospace use -> AA mechs/hovers -> medium mechs with midrange anti-ground weapons -> tanks and assault mechs before looping again. Or sometimes you'd just get cool dogfights in mid air with no actual effect on the battle because it was fun in and of itself just to dogfight.
>>
>>359376
Nigger Battletech and Rougetech still run like ass on an SSD and a newer Processor and GPU than the fucking game.
You have to restart the PC every fucking mission, sometimes mid mission just cause of the memory leak issues.
And turn times take sometimes over 5 fucking minutes with everything set to fast forward and skip.

Are you a payed shill?
>>
>>359428
>Nigger Battletech and Rougetech still run like ass on an SSD and a newer Processor and GPU than the fucking game.
Vanilla runs much better than at release, the game doesn't break after a few hours anymore. Roguetech adds lots of complexity (and thus new bugs) and many additional systems, has more units on vastly larger maps so ofc it's going to run worse.
>You have to restart the PC every fucking mission, sometimes mid mission just cause of the memory leak issues.
Not really unless you're trying to savescum in Roguetech or keep restarting missions.
>And turn times take sometimes over 5 fucking minutes with everything set to fast forward and skip.
That's by design in RT, the AI gets more time to make decicions than in vanilla. That's a setting you can change. And it's only really an issue with VTOLs because they have so many possible paths to check.
>Are you a payed shill?
I'm someone who actually played BTvanilla at release and various iterations of RT, BTA and BTE in the last years.
>>
>>359392
Yeah just saying. At that point you might as well add Omnis instead.
Might wanna look into that mechlab mod, it's included with Advanced, that might give you some more parts and stuff since it adds at least engines and armor types.

>>359405
Kind of how it should be anyway.
>>
>>359487
>Vanilla runs much better than at release
Yeah a single amputee will move faster than a quadruple amputee.
> Roguetech adds lots of complexity
And so do mods for XCOM-2 yet it doesn't run like absolute AIDS
>Not really unless you're trying to savescum in Roguetech or keep restarting missions.
Nigger don't you lie to me.
>I'm someone who actually played BTvanilla at release and various iterations of RT, BTA and BTE in the last years.
And so have I and for me it has been nothing but shit because again this game had only one dedicated programmer everyone else was some kind of slack jawed designer or troon.
>>
>>359342
this sounds like a good idea, like having a fatigue/repair system forcing you to rotate your mechs so not every mission is spamming 4 heavys
>>
>>360114
XCOM2 is a pretty stable game that runs on tablets and ancient hardware. And there is no XCOM2 mod with the scope and autism of RT. If you care about turn times and performance you should probably not play RT or change the default settings. If there's 20 enemy mechs, each with MORE active abilities than in base BT and 5 kinds of ammo, and the AI gets up to 30-60 seconds to decide what to do then yeah, turn times are going to be longer than in vanilla.
>>
>>359376
The memory leak still hasn't been fixed.
>>
>>360239
I played about 100 hours and never noticed the game having a memory leak.
>>
>>361515
>works on my machine :^)
Retards like you shouldn't be allowed to post.
>>
>>343030
Steel Panthers
Mechanicus
>>
I really love this game now
They fixed the bugs and the slow resolution for the turns. Once your pilots level up and stop sucking, cause they do suck at first, the tactical options open up vastly. It's a great turn based game and a great BT game
>>
>>363133
but what about the memory leaks?
>>
>>343030
I found Battletech really terribly boring in pretty much all regards. Not sure how they managed to make giant robot XCom so lame. The only remotely fun part of battle is using jump jets.
>>
I’ve got a Career save with a few days left on it. I tried Campaign mode but I can’t stand video game writing so I abandoned it. I feel like I’ve basically seen everything the game has to offer. I can’t imagine anyone putting thousands of hours into this the way someone might in XCom, there just aren’t that many effective strategies.
>>
>>364279
Also I know this game wasn’t made by Paradox (just published by them) but it definitely has the Paradox problem of completely uninteresting lategame positions. Once you’re rolling with 4 Assault Mechs there’s no challenge left in the game, which is why I haven’t finished my Career save.
>>
>>343030
I read somewhere that theres a 40% chance that your character kills himself if you choose a specific menu option. Is this true?
>>
>>355853
I love the game but if anything, it has become even more difficult, particularly thanks to the bulwark nerf. I could pull out most missions only losing an arm but mostly not even that, now it's rare to finish a mission without every single one of my mechs completely fucked up. You can still cheese positioning to spread damage but even that is difficult because the AI will just fucking swarm you up from every side.
>>
>>360114
>And so do mods for XCOM-2 yet it doesn't run like absolute AIDS
After 5 years, multiple patches and most of the actual performance boost comes from WotC, Vanilla is still kinda ass whether you like it or not, and it only gets worse once you start adding cosmetics and enemy mods (not to mention the budget for XCOM 2 was probably twice that of Battletech).
>>
>>346781
Not that I care about this row, but grammatically 'they' used in past-tense to describe a person isn't the same as a mentally ill person wanting it to be used to describe themselves in present-tense.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (119 KB, 418x220)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>
>>363926
Not that anon. I am guessing the number of people who noticed memory leaks are outnumbered by the people who never had enough trouble with them to care.
>>
>>365651
More like the devs were too incompetent to ever fix it so retards try to pretend like it was never an issue in the first place.
>>
File: 1358395783763.gif (1.35 MB, 320x180)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB GIF
>>343034
>>350386
>Mechanicus
dat music
>>
>>366375
Well, works on my machine :^)
>>
>>366375
the worst memory leaks were fixed with flashpoint
>>
Should I just jump straight into roguetech or has the base game been improved enough that it's worth playing first on its own?
>>
>>367407
Probably best to either go in vanilla, or if you need to mod use Battletech: Extended 3025, which is pretty close to vanilla but with a number of QoL improvements and an extra lance mechanic.
>>
>>343208
Based. Robots are for children. Any real story is about people.
>>
>>367416
came here to ask this, if I'm not in the mood for deep autism, will Extended 3025 give me the vehicles and extra lances shit?
>>
>>354223
>You can still use lights and mediums as spotters and harassers.
There’s no point to this though. Why harass when I can just instantly kill damn near any lighter mech with my Atlas? And it winds up being a spotter for your Archer or whatever too.
>>
>>367530
Extra Lance yes, useable vehicles no (or at least as far as campaign is concerned, I haven't tried career mode yet).
You can also select your starting date after the tutorial/intro missions to mix up what enemies you'll face and what technology you can acquire. You can choose 3025 (vanilla), 3039 (gives you some time to build up before massive tech changes), 3049 (some helm core tech is in common use, clan invasions soon), 3052 (clan invasions), and 3057 (FedCom civil war, massive tech changes).
>>
>>367407
Roguetech is pretty fucking dumb and only gets around because it got to the scene first and is "hardcore."
>>
>>367664
This as well, RougeTech is a bloatmod that more than likely won't run well because it really stretches the limits of the engine. If you do use it, expect long load times and laggy everything else.
>>
>>350439
Yeah, you don't know shit about the setting.
>>
>>365651
Then you did NOT play the game on release, holy fucking shit. I felt more burned on that than Shadowrun Returns, which I only backed them again because Dragonfall and Shadowrun Hong Kong came out so damn well.

Also, this is a fucking game where both SINGLE AND MULTIPLAYER were stretch goals.
>>
>>367844
Similar. I regret backing BT on KS. Memory leaks made it to where loading a game took 5+ minutes. But more than anything, getting gangbanged by 12 mechs at once got old, especially after bulwark nerf.
>>
>>368044
Being outnumbered is only really annoying when the enemy spawns with nothing but extreme range units, like nothing but Griffins with PPC's.
>>
File: brave_L1Shv4Op8W.jpg (342 KB, 1373x1144)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>367844
Realized I forgot my image.
>>
>>367844
Now I understand. You backed a Kickstarter, which had funded the game via empty hype. When you eventually got the actual product and compared it with what you had expected you were disappointed. I have no doubt that the game is not very good in comparison to what the KS backers expected, but that is the case with all KS games.
>>
>>369119
>it was your hype that cooked GPUs not a memory leak lol
How do people this dumb even find this board, let alone pretend to be interested in the subject matter?
>>
>>369255
You should work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>369303
>not enough people complained about memory leaks
>You didn't play at launch
>oh well that's your fault for donating to a kickstarter
Here's your reminder to breathe since you're liable to forget otherwise.
>>
>>369354
I am just suggesting that your bad experiences at launch may not reflect the experiences of other people, who played later without expecting the game to cure cancer.
>>
>>369442
>they fixed some (but not all) of the bugs so you shouldn't criticize them
Go back to whatever hugbox you came from.
>>
>>369497
I never said you shouldn't criticize them. I just try to keep things in perspective and do not expect devs to deliver miracles. You, on the other hand, seem to have some kind of emotional commitment to this game being bad and everyone having to agree with you it is bad.
>>
>>369504
Expecting critical bugs to be fixed in a timely manner is a miracle?
>some kind of emotional commitment to this game being bad
I like the game and got it in a bundle years after release. It still ran like shit. Stop making excuses for incompetence.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.