[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 164 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Warbow.png (192 KB, 313x309)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
Post your best named items
>>
File: ire.gif (3.84 MB, 350x236)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB GIF
>makes a thread whilst the other is still up
>calls to post named items but uses a bog standard warbow in the OP
>"edition"
>>
Please do not make a new thread while a thread is up and please do not make it look like a general. You are killing other /comfy/ threads.
>>
>>342545
>pulling power
shouldn't it be drawing power?
>>
File: tryout.png (592 KB, 750x553)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>another op that is seemingly trying to get us all banned
he-he-he, wat a mess...
>>
>>343566
Casey (the writer) is a bit dull at times
>>
>>342545
I rely on ranged a lot in my games just because I like it so much, nothing better than a 100 ranged skill hunting with beserk
>>
>>344421
Nothing better than a high ratk thrower just lobbing javelins past shields
>>
Do houses have the chance of spawning knight champions?
>>
I finally got a bro to level 4, I just had to stop playing like a retard and think more about what I was doing. It seems like there's a difficulty hump right at the start and I finally managed to get past it.
>>
>>344604
You‘re not playing on iron man difficulty to learn the game, are you?
>>
>>344606
Yeah. If I can't get past one stage of the game then why move on to the next one?
>>
>>344604
I have 200 hours in the game and I still get frustrated with iron Man, just save scum honestly this game is so hard that save scumming is allowed
>>
>>344609
Well, the game will have a lot of curveballs in store for you once you get to an endgame crisis or have to fight necrosavants and hexen. It would be less frustrating to learn what is to come with the ability to reload a save.
>>
>>344445
Yes but its fairly rare to see a knight to begin with, your best chances are the civil war grand battle contracts
>>
So what's the gameplan for replacing a high level brother in late game? Just trying to hire someone expensive?
Are the stat differences for enemies going to fuck me that hard?
>>
>>345048
Buy assassins hedge knights sell swords and adventurous nobles, get ones with good stars then place them on the back line where they are safe
>>
>>345048
>Just trying to hire someone expensive?
No. Look at the backgrounds page on the wiki and try to figure out who you need.
>Are the stat differences for enemies going to fuck me that hard?
No, not really. You should try to scout for higher potential replacements because at this point you should have money to spare. It's only "necessary" if you want to do the black monolith etc, which gets boring after 2 or 3 runs.
>>
>>344604
>It seems like there's a difficulty hump right at the start and I finally managed to get past it.
For most origins it really is like that. Trading caravan, Gladiators and Lone Wolf don't have this issue, but the latter two will pay for it in how annoying the 12 man recruitment cap gets.
>>
Redpill me on polearms
>>
>>345324
The mastery effect is actually one of the best ones in the game since it allows you far more mobility and flexibility on how you use the category. Pikes are great as brigand raider drops in the early and early midgame but will pale in comparison to the two advanced choices. If you can't get those yet but have fought legionaries, the bladed pike their backliners drop is still better than the strandard modern pike.
>swordlance
A store bought southern version of the warscythe dropped by Honor Guard, worth every crown due to how powerful Reap is. Probably the best weapon against weidergangers and nomads and worth building a brother around, will perform admirably against anything and everything that doesn't come with actual tons of armor.
>billhook
Used to be king, got nerfed but still retains its flexibility of being an "anti everything" weapon. Adequate armor shredding to deal with pretty much anything. Can be found on sale in citadel markets as damaged goods, very much worth a buy.
>>
>>342545
This game should be more moddable, it just needs more variety - quests, enemy types.
>>
>>345383
The devs don’t even like us having try out mod and other quality of life improvements
>>
>>345395
What do you mean?
>>
>>345383
You can mod nearly everything, it's just not straightfoward
>>
>>345395
>tryout
>quality of life
>>
>>345383
Some new contracts would be nice but we're pretty well off with enemy types. All I can really think of is adding more to the human factions without going into shitty reskin territory like legends
>make the northenmost noble house use nordic equipment and have revamped troops
>add a southern variant of the mercenary troop called a crownling which uses more south themed gear, on generation a mercenary company decides if it will primarily use the northen vanilla merc, the crownling, mix it up or choose something else. this also enables us to make things like hostile companies that are sorta like davkul cultists etc
>>
>>345549
Try out has vastly improved my life by making it actually worth something, why would you pay 2000 crowns to try out a hedge knight only to find out he’s got gluttonous
>>
>>345697
Its a bad solution to the problem of recruits that makes you misjudge brother value.
>>
>>345697
>trying out in the first place
Gay
>>
>Barbarians hotswap and adrenaline to two handers
>Hits 30s and 50s 6 times in a row
How many goats have they sacrificed to please the gods like this? Should I swap my religion to Dakvul? What type of sacrifices does he prefer?
>>
File: f53eb09a-.jpg (278 KB, 1450x1200)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>342545
I love the concept of the game, but I hate how tedious the whole manual turn-based combat gets. Is there a similar game but with real-time combat or at least AI control of units?
>>
>>345383
>it just needs more variety - quests, enemy types
Good thing that's what every DLC so far has done.
Besides they've already pretty much confirmed they wont make it more moddable unless they make Battle Brothers 2.
>>
>>346012
mount and blade
>>
>>346061
I already know about m&b, and it's nice, but I played it too much already and it's not the same anyway. You can't be a merc and do quests.
>>
>>345361
Got me a nice billhook and it does not disappoint, thanks anon.
>>
>>346012
Mount and blade bannerlord? Similar I guess how you control a mercenary company and buy better armour and weapons but with real time combat, I don’t think the game is finished though I’m leaving it for another 2 years or until modders fix it
>>
>>346073
My PC can't run it.
>>
>>346057
Are they working on more dlc?
>>
>>346076
Your stuck with battle brothers for now then, it is a great game
>>
What biome/setting do you want to see in the next DLC (assuming there will be another)?
>>
>>346101
EASTERN NIGGAS
>>
File: image_2021-01-02_004752.png (2.61 MB, 2000x1259)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
>>346078
They are working on some modern XCOM like thing that is under maximum secrecy, Battle Brothers was originally called Terror from the Keep and supposed to be heavily inspired by UFO Defense since you would be taking control over a medieval country and trying to fight invading aliens who were being justified by the humans in universe as being mythical creatures. Note the snakeman and how the armored creature on the right has similar flesh to a UFO Defense chryssalid.
>>
>>346135
Like mongols?
>>
File: darkness.jpg (209 KB, 960x640)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>346135
No idea, but im thinking the next DLC (if there is one) will be something seaborne.
>ships are already entities on the world map that move around and could easily have troops tied to them
>on BD release they announced that one of the new terrains would also be "jungles that would hug the coast", but what we actually got is desert and oasis
>could add weird equipment based on Mesoamerica
>>
>>342545
>35% of damage ignores armor
>60% effective against armor
So how does this work? Only 60% of the damage roll goes through armor? But 35% of the reduced damage is added on?
>>
>>346221
60% of the damage you rolled is dealt to armor. 35% of the roll is dealt to health
>>
>>346221
something like this
>100 damage 35% ignore armor 60% effective againt armor
>i will ignore battle forge shenanigans
>60 damage will hit armor health due to 60% effective
>21 damage hit health due to 35 ignore armor
>will definelty be less with battle forge and thick leather pad thingy
just note that i don't know how it actually works but this simple math usually gives me a decent number close to reality
>>
>>346257
>>21 damage hit health due to 35 ignore armor
What?
>>
>>346276
its less than 35 because of battle forge bullshit i didn't bother doing normally like 87% for most enemies, its not exact but it works
>>
>>346221
Armor is not straight damage reduction in this game (mostly, but more on that in a minute), its more like an outer layer of protection that an entity can wear.
Say you used quick shot on a target wearing a mail shirt (115) with a warbow and hit.
>the game rolls between 50-70 to decide how much damage the blow has caused
>then first this number is multiplied by 60% and reduces the durability of the mail shirt, doing armor damage
>afterwards, 35% of the rolled damage can leak through armor as armor ignoring damage and hit the hitpoints directly, but this is reduced by 10% of the current durability of the protection for the relevant bodypart (head/body) so if you have a lot of armor you can shrug off hits from weapons that don't have much shredding and not suffer chip damage due to the ignore
It's a cool system that allows the pros and cons of various weapons like swords, hammers, maces, crossbows, etc to be represented nicely. There also aren't traditional critical hits in this game, there's chance to hit head. Head blows will do much more damage to hitpoints (it gets increased by +50%), but if the target has a good helmet and you aren't using a weapon that has the armor ignore and armor shredding to get through it, it won't achieve much. This is how flails (which can guarantee head hits) are balanced, they will devastate targets that don't have good headgear but won't do much good at all if they do.
The battleforge thing the other anon is mentioning is a perk for characters that use heavy armor, it reduces armor damage based on current combined durability on body and head, making armor stacking really powerful, but things like two handed hammers and maces will still just kill a battleforged knight through his protection due to their statline.
>>
why no official female warriors yet
>>
>>346719
Would be a pointless addition by this point, just amount to having some more backgrounds and the devs cannot be assed to implement those properly even when they do have good motivation to do so
>>
>>346719
Orcs are canonically female
>>
>>346814
Hot
>>
>>346719
Your mercenaries are quite rapey so that would be a really bad idea. If the cook in your retinue weren't making dinner then they would be all over her.
>>
>>346719
Because this game is about spending time with the bros.
>>
>>346149
Damn, glad the artist improved.
And for that matter I love the art direction in the game, which is why I find it strange that that seems to be many peoples gripe with the game.
>>346101
Something like >>346149 would be cool for me, lizard people or a Davkul apocalypse.
>>
>>347662
You have to actually play the game to appreciate the artstyle. That's the problem. It genuinely does look bad until you actually play it, and that will turn people off.
I gave it a chance because I do whatever /v/ tells me. And it was worth it. But most people are smarter than that so they will tragically miss this gem.
>>
>>347662
>>347666
I always appreciated the art of this game compared to pixelshit game #2684. Sure the bros are a bit chunky but the art outside the battle screen is nice, and even in battle the sprites for beasts look nice. It's really only the body of the bipeds that are ugly.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (369 KB, 530x423)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
>>347662
>Damn, glad the artist improved.
Same, dropping the isometric view and the animations has been a great move esp. considering how it looks in the earliest drafts
>>
>>347703
Phone game.
>>
>>347666
The game doesn't look bad besides the disembodied torsos and heads, which as you said is very easy to overlook once you start playing.
>>
>>348035
They're not even disembodied.
>>
If you're insistent on saying shit like "version" or "edition" call them bros
Borrow, swordbro, pikebro, etc.
Yes it's gay but it's less gay than saying edition on a no general board.
>>
Are any of the DLCs worth picking up if I'm just getting into the game? I have some extra cash left over from a refund and I'd like to take advantage of the winter sale if possible.
>>
>>348328
Just get all the dlc and become addicted to the game like me, everything’s fine
>>
How do bows compare to crossbows really? They can shoot twice but seem to have worse accuracy and penetration, is this correct?
>>
>>348812
just shoot once bro, but they kill light armor enemies very fast. crossbows are pretty bad in my opinion, they don't deal as much damage to heavy armor like orcs, and chosen as i hoped too.
>>
>>348812
Take the throwpill
>>
>>348812
They're for lightly armored foes, such as berserkers, necromancers, gunners and such
I build archer/throwers since you really just need 2-3 perks to turn an archer into a thrower (throwing mastery, duelist, quickhands)
>>348818
You need a spiked impaler for cross, bigger dmg and knockback is useful
>>
>>348926
>bigger dmg
Nah, its stats are the same. Its just that it is easier to get than a heavy crossbow if you are willing to fight goblins.
It does have a +10 to hit instead of +15 on its shoot bolt skill as a tradeoff for the knockback.
>>
>>349000
honestly I was unsure midwriting but too lazy to look it up
>>
File: antti-koponen-3.jpg (192 KB, 948x824)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
How would you fix the spetum? I feel like 2h spears is the only weapon category that is irredemable shit alongside 2h flails
>>
>>348812
Crossbows come with a base accuracy bonus that I simply can't pass up.
>>
Any1 knows why I have massive FPS drops upon attacking a target? I have steady 60 FPS otherwise, but for a second or so when I attack someone my FPS drops to like 5-12 or something, before picking back up again back to 60.
Any1 knows what's causing this and how to fix?
>>
>>349120
Do you have Hardware Cursor enabled in the game settings? If so, turn it off.
>>
>>349293
Seems to be helping a bit, thanks. But it's so annoying with mouse lag aswell. Goddamnit why do all good games have to have some small quirks to them that detract from the enjoyment?
>>
>>349120
Are your graphics card drivers updated?
>>
>>349510
I've had this problem for a very long time, not related to drivers I'd imagine (yes they're updated)
>>
Nomads with two-handers are the most broken fucking thing. Distract should not be as low AP cost as it is.
>>
>>349928
nomads are pretty decent, they fall apart with a couple of pokes from spears. what is truly broken are fucking mortars. i could deal with their nimble soldiers, and the worst part rotation is just not good enough when you are always outnumbers. you are going to need smoke bombs but if you go against them then no alchemist for you.
>>
The BB devs should just make the most popular and OP perks baseline for all characters once they reach a certain level.
>Remove Student
>Recover baseline
>Rotate unlocks at level 3.
>Berserk unlocked at level 6.
>Killing Frenzy unlocked at level 9.
>>
>>350243
What if you could just respec to try out different setups
>>
Im going good now but Im still short as shit on gold, at least all my company is fully armed. How in the fuck you farm loads of emoney without wasting it back?
>>
>>350345
Also can I copy one save file and put it in another computer? I wanna play at work
>>
>>350345
You need to go out into the wild and fugg camps
Also you can repair good weapons and sell them for a bigger profit
>>350352
should work, under
C:\Users\USER\Documents\Battle Brothers\savegames\
>>
>>350245
Only if it also respec all attribute points and stars so that you can rebuild completely. :^)
>>
>>350378
Even better, give every character background a set of points you can allocate yourself. Less gambling, more tactics.
>>
>>350390
That sounds like a terrible idea
>>
>>350345
Contracts assuming your renown is decent, wrecking camps and repairing the better loot before sale.
>>
>>350446
RNG for recruits is easily the worst part of the game.
>>
>>350464
Giving every character same base stats and then points that we could allocate at will would result in even less backgrounds being hired.
>>
>>350468
Yes, and? Just make good backgrounds more expensive. Noble/veteran backgrounds could also be rare.
>>
>>350464
Hunting for good recruits is one of the best parts of the game
>>
>>350477
>Yes, and?
Piss off.
>>
>>350486
It's tedious as all hell and I don't feel bad for savescumming bad hires.

>>350489
Are you hiring the trash backgrounds, faggot?
>>
Is worth the penality to use orky weapons? The boost in damage doesnt seem that big for such a terrible downside even with the mastery perk
>>
>>350783
famed 1h ork weapons are some of the best duelist weapons in the game, especially good cleavers
Mansplitter is used in 0 fat builds because hueg dmg and you don't care about fat
>>
I'm sorry bros I just dont' like the "lil guys" art style. should I get over myself and buy this game? shill me
>>
redpill me on 0 fat
>>
>>350785
What is a 0 fat build? Also Im using a cleave guy mostly to fuck with undeads and one two handed saif guy to insta kill people
>>
File: file.png (363 KB, 823x469)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>350801
0 fat builds are 2handers that expect to attack once a round, so they have only as much fatigue as you need for 1 attack (12 with mastery, mansplitter is 15 with mastery) plus one move (you get pathfinder to get guaranteed move, doesnt work with mansplitter). Then you also get quickhands and a 2 tile weapon of the same kind to attack if you can't get in range. It's a pretty useful build to salvage recruits with good combat stats but bad fatigue
>>
File: file.png (372 KB, 887x434)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
>>350831
wait remove berserker from that build, force of habit
More like this
>>
>>350642
I dont know what you consider to be a trash background, so maybe. Making it so hedge knights and sellswords are the best answer to anything and everything just because they've got the highest number of base points to allocate would be the equivalent of amputating a leg to solve a stubbed toe.
>>
>>350839
They already are the best backgrounds, you'd just remove the RNG for their stats/stars.
>>
>>350795
Think of it this way, you're playing the leader of a band of mercs and taking care of them. What matters the most to you is what states their weapons and armor are in, and how you can identify them for quick tactical use. All you need to see is what you're able to see in-game. The artwork is also pretty detailed and shows all the damage you want to see, and you can still personalize your mercs with many options for that. The lack of legs is easy to overlook once you're playing, and it's a solid M&B/XCOM style tactics game despite it.
>>
>>350844
thanks anon, I will buy. can you name your guys? I want to feel "attached" to them, so that when they inevitably die, it hurts even more. I like to RP my guys in my head too..
>>
>>350783
The only ork weapons worth bothering with are the cleaver, axe and mansplitter. The trunks are worse than the standard human maces and the Berserker chain is garbage, ive made a lone wolf who had brute and was specificaly planned to use it and he couldnt oneshot footmen with 115 helmets.
The cleaver and axe will do huge damage with double grip and greatly benefit from duelist but the fatigue penalty never ceases to hurt, especially with the cleaver since you'll need to recover a lot more often if you'll be using decapitate (and you should because its one of the best skills in the game). Its for you to decide but imo the baseline is not worth it in the case of the cleaver because if you compare a rusted warblade to a double gripped choppa with duelist the latter is asking for a perk point to have an advantage of 15% armor ignore at the cost of the fatigue penalty and being heavier to equip too. People will often bring up how easy the ork cleaver is to get since even young can drop it, but there is a guaranteed named rusted warblade waiting for you in the north on every map and whilst you can't grab it very early it also isn't really hard to do at all. If you fight a lot of nomads a leader will sooner or later drop a 2h scimmy which also doesnt need duelist to be potent. Named ork cleavers and axes are another story and if they roll on damage it is worth the trouble, but its usually a while before you can find any.
Mansplitter is a bit weird, you can use it for 0 fat like some suggest itt but one of the ideas of 0 fat is that you always have enough fatigue to move and attack and that wont be possible with it due to 15 to swing post mastery.
>>
>>350891
You can name your bros
>>
>>350891
You can name them, and also take them to a barber to customize their face, hair/beard, that kind of stuff. There's many different kinds of builds too and if you get the DLC there's even more to customize. It's basically M&B but with the squad personalization aspect of XCOM, so I think it's exactly what you want.
>>
File: 4955140.jpg (59 KB, 400x602)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>encounter necroshitter with 3 undead early in the game, day 5, only 6 bros in the team
>get obliterated
>second try, equip bros with spears and spam spear wall
>dumb zombies charge at spears, possessed ones get poked over and over again
>once the dead are dead again finish the necromancer
Haha I'm a strategic genius!
>>
>>350797
>>350801
During Warriors of the North indomitable used to cost 4 ap. Indom has extreme synergy with Battleforged and you could use a 6ap twohander and indom in the same turn provided you had the fatigue. There was also a trick with Adrenaline and Recover the allowed you to keep indom up forever at the cost of only attacking every other turn. All of this meant that the BF twohander bro was arguably the best lategame option since he had the damage and had immense durability as well. It was so overpowered that there was an entire playstyle of the solo Lone Wolf who could go into a camp of nearly anything with a greataxe, spam round swing between keeping indom up and kill everyone.
After Blazing Deserts patch nerfed Indomotable to cost 5 ap and showed how annoying dodge can be through nomads people started experimenting. The "fat neutral" bro plays around 6ap twohanders being very lenient on the brothers fatigue. The BF fat neutral (0 fat) drops berserk, brawny etc and puts those perks elsewhere whilst the Nimble fat neutral 2h takes dodge and relentless, can keep berserk. Both will dump fatigue since they don't need it much (the latter can still get off two or three procs and still have enough fat for a swing even if he's a miner as long as you arent using aoe) and pump hp instead. The nimble one might also wanna invest in some init so he can do the nomad wait trick on the enemy.
>>
>get bro with super high initiative
>plan on giving him a mace and dagger + quick hands so he can finish off fleeing enemies before they can run so I get to keep their armor
>he gets brain damage
Fuck
>>
>>350906
based
>>
This game would be cool with a Nemesis system like Mordor
>>
>>350842
Sellswords are overhyped, compared to an adventurous noble you pay through the nose to get ranged attack you don't need, lose that spectacular resolve and get rewarded with terrible events. Just hire a hunter or ranged nomad for a shooter bro.
Speaking of, compare the stats of a sellsword to a melee nomad and take into account that the latter is significantly cheaper both to hire and keep aroubd.
>>
Holy shit when did the skeletons became so tanky late game? Plus now they got two or three vampires into the mix and they just steamroll me hard. Not even nets can keep the vamps in place
>>
Remember to play Peasant Militia so you can get used to dealing with mass losses, and hiring farmers and fishermen.
>>
>>351068
I don't know about tanky but the reworked fearsome feels like a huge buff for them, now they actually piss resolve checks everywhere like it was originally intended they designed the faction. Even auxilia can spook an early company to catastrophic results.

>>351094
As well as brawlers, thieves, militia and manhunters. Farmhand resolve makes relying on them too much a bad idea unless you filter out huge numbers of them.
>>
>>351013
>mace
>keep armor
Seems like you have brain damage lmai
>>
>>351109
I dont know. I didnt have problems with them early game, Im new to this game but now I cant break the shields and the vampires wreck me
>>
>>351135
Vamps have a somewhat predictable pattern where they go for the weak ones in your formation, you can also retreat afew rounds and sometimes they bumrush into you
Big skeltals need armor dmg, flanking, 2 tile weapons on your frontline, as the backline is usually more dangerous
>>
>>351135
Put shieldbros on the flanks and lots of polearms + nets in the center. Like >>351150 their order of engagement is very predictable, 95% of the time they go for the sucker on each flank.
>>
>>351135
To shieldbreak ancient legionaries you sorta need axe mastery since they all come with shield expert. Savants are a dangerous beast but like the others have said they are a bit predictable, and above all hate being surrounded. Try the "walk in the woods" scenario to test out how they click.
Nets really are your best option even though they will often break through them due to their huge melee skill.
>>
>>351120
bonk & stab
It worked out decent for the one time I got to use it.
>>
What's a good role for a short bro? They're got higher defense but worse damage.
>>
>>351190
tank naturally
>>
Does anyone know where to get the title/loading screen art?
>>
File: loading_screen_01.jpg (1.06 MB, 1920x1080)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>351201
Like this?
>>
>>351201
heres all of them
https://we.tl
/t-05CAhbh7ll
>>
>>351204
Hell yeah. The art is so damn good, I was thinking of using them as wallpapers.
>>
File: manlet feel.jpg (9 KB, 165x101)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>351190
Funny how short bros are actually the most powerful. Just like real life.
>>
>>351190
The -15% damage hurts a lot more than you would think. I'd do puncture spammer if he really has high mattak and you don't want to waste him, but they're more delegated to being tanks so usually spear.
>>
>>351293
If I get a short bro with high matk I make him a mace stunbot
>>
>>351312
That's also a pretty good idea, its not like damage matters there.
>>
File: 1581233647715.gif (1.52 MB, 635x457)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB GIF
>Get surrounded by unholds in a forest/swamp
>Lose your entire campaign
>>
The noble contracts I'm getting barely pay more than regular contracts while being a lot harder to complete. Fuck nobles I guess.
>>
File: 1604104947505.jpg (100 KB, 900x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>last arena fight
>after rounds of many terrible beast (fuck the ghouls) the last fight is just a fuckboi with a whip
>shot him to death like a bitch
>>
What is the best way to build two handed guys to just hop in and wreck shit? Axes? Hammers? Swords?
>>
>>352124
Overall good brother: Axe.
Overall good brother but with weaker mAttack: Sword.
Overall good brother but with extra good Fatigue: Hammer.
Overall good brother but with weaker mAttack and extra good Fatigue: Sword.
One overall good brother: Mace.
>>
>>350833
Executioner instead of that resolve perk aswell
>>
>>352402
Swords also give +10% hit chance. I usually transition new bros from spears to swords to axes/hammers.
>>
>>352408
Exactly, which is why you use Swords on otherwise good brothers who happen to have a bit weaker mAttack. The two-tile and three-tile attack of Swords also means Swords can remain relevant in the endgame, but only with a good Fatigue base, which is why you should put Swords on brothers with weaker mAttack but perhaps good Fatigue. If you have good mAttack and also good Fatigue you should give them Hammers (who also has a three-tile attack).
>>
>>352410
What do you consider "good" fatigue/mAttack?
>>
>>352418
Relative to what you otherwise have. What you've got is what you play with. If you have 12 brothers, 8 of them intended to be used as twohanders, and 6 of them have above 85 mAttack and 2 lower than 80, that 'll answer your question.
>>
>>352124
Something to note, 2h hammers, 2h maces, 2h flails and 2h swords do a flat +20 damage when using their basic skill, so they are a fair bit more lethal than the statline would indicate.
>2hAxe
Split man does 50% of its base damage as bonus to the bodypart that was not hit, which makes them very potent against armorless targets. It also means they are going to destroy absolute tons of loot against humans, but this often doesn't matter.
>2hMace
Huge armor ignore and damage, kills through armor. Daze was nerfed but is still excellent, wrecks enemy fatigue (maces also tire the target out more with each hit that lands), damage and initiative. High ignore means that if you give the bro CS he'll be breaking bones and dropping concussions every hit, this is the whole deal with Chosen armed with 2hhammers and 2hmaces.
>2hHammer
Equal ignore as mace, however it has huge effectiveness against armor too. Stagger more or less guarantees that the enemy will be acting after you since it destroys initiative. Secondary skill is actually useful on occasion unlike 2hmace stun which is situational in the extreme.
>2hSword
AoE. Highest base damage but gets stopped by armor pretty badly. Bonus to hit.
>2hFlail
Terrible.
>2hCleaver
A bit odd as a weapon category since they are pretty much identical as 1h cleavers with higher stats to compensate for no double grip and duelist. On the flipside they don't need the latter and can take reach advantage instead if you prefer to lock a brother into being a 2hcleaver man.
>>
>>352124
Also 2h mace is the cheapest in shops
>>
So how I stop getting buttfucked by the Barbarian Madman? Netting the fucker does jack and he insta kill the decoy dog
>>
>>352721
Brain his head in with a mace, madman not so tough after getting dazed
>>
Opinions on spears? I find spearwall with spear mastery to be pretty good
>>
>>352805
Good against mindless enemies/beasts but shit for everything else.
>>
>>352805
Great against anything that isn't one of the huge beasts or a footman/legionary that is able to go into shieldwall and brute force past the spears.
>>
>>352436
>8 twohanders
WotN has come and gone
>>
File: BONK.jpg (46 KB, 374x163)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>352721
Just use a two handed hammer or mace. Mansplitter/greataxe works too but not as good. Even if the dog and the net do nothing he's going to be wasting at least two or three turns dealing with them which will give your best man ample time to start ripping him apart.
If you have a qatalbro he is pratcically invincible here due to the overwhelm.
>>
i love inflicting wounds in this game i put cleavers and kebab swords on everyone
>>
>try Legends for the layered armours
>love the layered armours
>hate everything else
>>
How would you improve 2H flails ?
>>
>Lone Wolf
boy oh boy do i love having to rely on a single retard who cannot score 68% hitchance with his stupid little longsword
>>
File: unnaed.jpg (15 KB, 512x287)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>352721
>>
>>353259
Lone Wolf is the easiest scenario. You immediately have the money to buy a few meatshields, and once your lone wolf has leveled up a bit, he is borderline invincible until the late game.
>>
>>352721
I fucked him in two turns getting no damage using my high dodge/ini/fatigue dagger Viper gladiator.
>>
I just got my first special item and is just an armor but I ended with 3 guys getting permanent injuries; my question is how often should I change my company? The moment they get something too big its time to kick them out?
>>
>>353991
Depends on the brother and the injury, some really are a complete deal breaker and you might as well throw the man out immedietly.
Also show us the armor.
>>
>>353255
No idea. On paper buffing it too hard would result in a situationaly op weapon due to always having like +10-20 to hit against shielded enemies. Trouble is that they are still so unreliable, and were designed to be so seemingly judging by that 30% to stun.
>>
>>346057
>wont make it more moddable
fucking jews
>>
>>354384
>fucking jews
More like self-trained coder that built everything from scratch with no modding in mind because that adds another layer of complexity
The mod tools and modding script hooks make it plenty moddable and they're cool with them
>>
I hate necromancers thanks for your attention
>>
>>354531
I hated witches and other beasts and exploration shit more. Zombies are kind of easy to deal with for me.
>>
>Hexe turns your 2h axe bro
>>
>blade dancer
>"who is this sissy fucker? I bet he is just a cr-"
>triple decapitation for insta win
Those fuckers are so strong holy shit, is the polesword this good or the enemy got inflated stats?
>>
>>354615
That shouldnt have happned unless your men had terrible armor, but swordlances are just that good too. Was he a champion? All champions get +15% to damage, among other things.
Fun fact, Barbarian Kings have a innate perk that boosts their damage by 20%. So a champion vargoid kang is as strong as the average ork warlord. Add a named weapon to all that as well as Killing frenzy and executioner...
>>
File: 20210106122919_1.jpg (351 KB, 1680x1050)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>354656
It was the arena, I even net him and everything the second time and he still fuck me. Its the first run I dont get destroyed out of the gate so Im pretty green
>>
>>354681
Hallstein definetly shouldnt be getting too bothered by a swordlance for a few rounds. The man with the mail and 2hflanged maybe if it was a champion blade dancer with a named one.
>>
>>352124
they are all good, dont know about flails but i love them all except flails. hammers is king to me, if you act first you can send the enemy back in iniative line when hit and a high chance of injuries. also shatter is so fucking good. swords are all right, bad with armor but will kill nimble niggers pretty fast. maces are great too, high damage and daze plus injuries on hit; usually go for it on neutral fatigue bros with quick hands. axes are great for damage, what else i can say. cleavers are great for necromancer niggers and you get a free famed cleaver too from the get go. cleaver are very strong, high damage and decent ignore armor.
>>
File: huh.png (20 KB, 225x293)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>354418
How would you know that the main programmer is self taught in particular? Are you him? Will you please fix those bugs this thread reported?
If you're Casey since he does seem to lurk this site then adding some events to the southern backgrounds that aren't recycled would probably be more beneficial than extremely situational Lone Wolf butthurt squire stuff that no living soul will ever see since most players don't wait for their free squire.
>>
I was thinking, what perks would you give a round swing build?
https://tumult.cc/bb-calc.html?1-1&1-8&2-3&3-5&4-4&5-1&5-3&6-1&6-3&5-4
>>
File: wildman.png (254 KB, 607x310)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
How should I build this guy? I could see him working equally well as a health tank and a fatigue tank. He's also got iron lungs.
>>
>>355062
Id go fatigue and level hp and resolve whenever its high. His mdef will be abysmal unless he consistently rolls 3s but the prospect of an iron lunged dude with tons of fat indoming on a high level is too attractive for me.
>>
>>355062
>melee and ranged defense below 0
What is this shit
>>
>>355073
born to be wild
>>
File: Gilded Grin.jpg (36 KB, 417x314)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>354600
>Hexe turns a man with a whip who acted before her and used Wait.
>>
File: 1608536568751m.jpg (50 KB, 1024x966)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>day 120+
>cant get over 2000-2500 gold
>missions are super hard now
>no money to upgrade gear
>raiding camps is suicidal beacuse everything is super strong now
Should I ditch this save and star again?
>>
>>355770
No. The game keeps generating easier camps in case you get half wiped in the lategame and want to recover. Show us the company.
>>
>>354988
Id drop FA for KF. Its effectively permanent 25% bonus damage for the rest of the fight due to how round swing spammers operate. You should have huge mattak from the brother being good + lone wolf bonus.
>>
>>352957
I recommend a mace duelist with CS too.
>>
>>353255
Try to give them slightly more base damage. If this still doesnt make them more viable go back to the drawing board, maybe attempt to revamp their secondary skill and have the berserker chain keep the retardo aoe swing so orks arent affected.
>>
>>355918
Yeah you are right, now Im making money with good request, still Im running out of money fast buying tools and food even with the companions I burn money fast trying to keep my gear up to shape
>>
>>356211
Are you doing noble contracts? Are you repairing higher tier weapons before sale? Do your high armored guys have BF? Did you just give everyone BF and are struggling to equip each man with good enough armor to matter?
>>
Does bargaining for better rewards lower your relations with a village? This just takes fucking ages
>>
>>356248
Yes actually, though not by much
>>
File: waiting.png (192 KB, 720x746)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>353330
He's good, but the origin starts with the least money and will need to upkeep his armor through tools whenever it gets roughed up too much. It annoys me.
Plus you are nudged towards going to the arena with him since the LW has an immense advantage over everyone else there, but is terrible against nomads unless you use the adrenaline tricks of the trade. Earlygame i like to go after as many nomad camps as possible until day 40 hits.
>>
Did anyone save that reaction image of an overseer going
>
I seem to have lost it
>>
>>356232
Yup now I hit another roadblock, the Barbarian Ram Ranch with the Barbarian King, Battleforged sure aint no joke
>>
>>356540
Just drop a screenshot of your company and inventory so we can see what is happening.
>>
File: band of shitheads.jpg (3.07 MB, 4000x2361)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
>>356542
My wild guess for my problems is
>shit gear
>build like crap
>not using meta weapons
>>
How's the new DLC?
>>
>>356589
Protip : If you raise your mdef stat your bros will get hit less
>>
File: Arena.png (164 KB, 400x240)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>356615
Pros
>the map extension
There's always 3 independant southern city states in the new southern desert with their own trade goods and gear, they function differently than the northen noble houses since the viziers will work with you directly regardless of renown and might pay really well from the get go, but at the same time don't care much about (and openly dislike) sellswords.
>the new beasts
3 new monsters, though one is a direwolf reskin that bites for bleed but is weaker overall (hyena) the other two are distinct. Serpents are giant snakes that pull your men out of formation into a death zone whilst Ifrits are rocks that throw and reform themselves around the battlefield. Each has shit you can craft from their dead bits.
>the new tools and weapons
Most notably the pots, qatal daggers, swordlances and handgonnes (aoe firearm).
>the new human enemies
Nomads (southern brigand equivalent) and Gilders (city state troops) are both interesting to fight even though the formers elites are all just straight reskins of master archers and HK with the exception of the blade dancer
>the retinue system
Another money sink, you unlock slots through renown and then hire some noncombatants to provide passive bonuses, making you far more efficent on the world map depending on whom you choose.
>the arena
One of the southern city states has an arena in it where you can risk the lives of 3 men for immense coin and the ability to get a new trait with nice bonuses, but the fights are often unfair unless you are well prepared and you can't retreat. It is hideous though.
>the alchemist
A southern unique settlment building that sells consumables and new firearms. This is one of the ways the former got fixed but more on that later.
>>
>>356698
Cons
>the new crisis
Either the easiest or the hardest by far depending on if you chose to side with north or south. The Gilder army is incredibly difficult to fight due to certain quirks of the handgonne, Swordlance spam and the gigachad assassins who are unbeatable in a 1v1 out of net.
>the tourney
Occasionaly the arenas will run a tourney rewarding a named item. 3 rounds with 5 men, but no time to rest between. You can quit if you get roughed up but there is no telling what you'll encounter. It might be some nachzherers or 6 gladiators with a champion.
>the legendary location
Shit content you beat once and never again as all of them are except Ijirok.
So overall its good though overpriced. WotN is still best. The free patch changes were just as if not more interesting
>enviorments in locations
When you enter a place there'll be some scenery that blocks certain tiles. For example graveyards can be really filled with ruins that cause a lot of little choke points that complicate the fight and makes it much more interesting. Fortified locations will have some logs or a low wooden wall with openings in certain spots, and all locations now have a clear zone in the center instead of being just randomly generated terrain, in other words if a location is in the forest or a swamp you fight in a clearing instead of the standard stuff unless its fortified, in which case you need to approach through the muck to get to the defenders.
>consumable rework
Drank before battle, don't wear off for its entirety meaning that night vision potions, berserker mushrooms etc are now not only useable but downright amazing if you think it through.
>economy changes
Money is less of a pain in the ass to get, things are generally cheaper to buy and sell for more.
>renown rework
Many more ambitions, they clear nearly instantly when completed, feels like there's much less renown gained through just fighting and more through doing contracts, renown has greater impact on payouts.
>>
>>356712
What sucks is that the devs slithered out of patching in 2 promised things, the ability to trade with (or rob) peasants on the road and new champions for vanilla enemies. They said "for example, champion necromancers" and then added nobody else which is baffling as hell since something like a sarge or zweihander champ could be done in 15 minutes.
>>
>>356666
So is not just to make tanky bros but to boost the dodge too? So how armor works? Its a flat reduction of damage?
>>
So should you not give bros with athletic pathfinder or does it mean moving will be basically free with them?
>>
>>356698
>>356712
>>356714
Thanks King
>>
>turn the difficulty down
>start having more fun
Jesus I'm retarded for not doing this earlier.
>>
Man I wanted to like this game but the economy and map traversal and quests and everything that isn't the combat are so basic and shit it's like something I'd make in Godot. Is there a mod or something that makes it deeper?

And my second question, what's legally stopping to from copying 95% of the mechanics and making my own open source bootleg version from scratch then putting it online? You can't copyright math formulas right, so the only thing I'd have to change is the assets?
>>
>>356589
>highest melee attack is 75
>>
>>357034
Yes, because it filters out any brothers who aren't lucky enough to land attacks. I don't want unlucky brothers in my company.
>>
Is three headed flail any good?
>>
Without spoiling, how is it possible to beat the 3 in a row challenge in arena?
>>
>>357106
How are you supposed to give you an answer without spoiling it?
>>
>>357114
A hint in general direction nigga
>>
Jesus, I tried the caravan origin and it seems like one of the best. Getting less renown seems negligible when I'm able to trade for so much, and save money.
Am I wrong, or do nobles truly pay out more than what I experienced? Rushing to them never seemed that important.
>>
>>357125
This might not be the best seed, but here's I managed to get a good seed for trading.
INCOHRUFKA

Salt and gem mine near the middle with a close city nearby. There's a city close to one of the middle southern cities. And another mine in the north somewhat close to a city too.
>>
https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/314
Anyone tried this? Could be fun for a playthrough.
>>
>>356734
See here >>346315.

>>356748
Pathfinder is more about the AP movement cost reduction than the fatigue one, though its also nice.

>>357088
Used to be downright terrible, probably the biggest joke in the whole game but is in a much better spot now, when double gripped they can be incredibly lethal as nomad outlaws will demonstrate on some unlucky nimble bro. They are still utterly worthless against armor though, if you have a flail duelist you should just use a normal flail in those situations.
>>
>>357106
Savescum.
Fuck the arena.
>>
I refuse to believe anyone plays this game on ironman.
>>
>>358156
You'd have to have brain damage with all the savegame killing bullshit the game throws at you.
>>
>>358098
I did exactly that.

Thing is, succes in BB is picking your fights well, and when you are equiped with a balanced team anything that is specialized wrecks you.

First match, gladiators, barely any losses.
Second match, ifrits, lol tough shit.
>>
>>358156
I play on ironman since my first playthrough. I got fucked really hard at the start, but once I learned how the game can fuck you up, it started going pretty smoothly
Some of the basics to play on iron man is: never stop paying attention when moving and never accept caravan contracts.
Always remember to buy/sell for extra gold
Learn which contracts you can take by paying attention to the amount of gold they pay. The bigger the reward, the harder the enemies will be, the skulls indicating the difficulty doesn't matter. In that way you can learn your "limit"
I wish there were a system like in M&B which the game instantly pauses when a enemy appears in your screen
>>
>>358359
>I wish there were a system like in M&B which the game instantly pauses when a enemy appears in your screen
As much as I hate it, there are mods for this
>>
File: Beggar-God.png (361 KB, 351x801)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
Lmao I was gonna recruit a bait-slave and I got this literal fucking god-recruit instead
>>
Uhh it's literally day 2.
>>
>>358812
Based nomad
>>
>>358825
19 Melee defense at level 3 on day 4. Outshining by far every single other companion I have and started with.
>>
>>358800
>>358812
So what is good starting stats? Over 45? Also I seen alot of videos with stats and the weapon the enemy is using in a tab; where I unlock such info? Sometimes the battle is a big closterfuck I cant see if someone got a shield in hand or not
>>
>>356589
Yup, that's a new player's company alright.
>>shit gear
mostly mismatched
>>build like crap
just confused
>>not using meta weapons
well, you have some throwerbros who are as metafag as you can get
I started going through each brother but halfway through there was a power outage, so ill maybe do it again tomorrow.
>>
File: coolfishe.png (676 KB, 750x446)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
>>356589
No, fuck it, ill do it now
>Engelbert
Okay. Most people like gifted with their ranged bros since they have a few floating perk points and they benefit a lot from any shred of rattak they can get.
>Bjarne
Relentless is good if you have high initiative and know how to abuse Waiting (Nomads will do this a lot), but otherwise doesn't do you much good. Shield expert is good but only if you actually intend to have the man keep using one. Polehammers are disliked by many but aren't a bad weapon, what is bad is having that mattak on level 7 with a companion. It looks like you only leveled it once or twice, 63 isn't enough for reliable hits. For comparison, brigand raiders have 60. Nomad outlaws have like 65. Professional troops have 70-75 whilst the extremely skilled have 80 and over.
>Hallstein
Same story, shield expert, flail mastery, but even worse stats. 1 mdef means he gets hit by everyone, I have no idea how you got this man to arena veteran.
He needs battleforged ASAP because you're actually hemorrhaging money from combat through tools and don't realize it. BF makes you considerably more durable against smaller hits when you have heavier gear, which helps in survival but also in the long term since you just pay less for repairs.
>Ejnar
Needs more mattak, has battleforged whilst wearing brigand armor. To really get serious effect from BF you need to wear something heavier (at least +200 body armor) like what Hallstein is for example. Otherwise, Nimble is a far better choice both from a economy and actual effectiveness standpoint.
>Donbert
55 mattak.
>Ragnar
Okay stats, much better than Hallstein and should be wearing the best stuff. Dodge is not good if you decide to go Battleforged on a brother since armor heavily tanks your initiative. Check how much he's actually gaining from dodge during combat by mousing over the icon in the lower left.
>Reimund
BF when nimble would have been better.
>>
>>356589
>>359363
>Ottmar
A mostly fine build, longaxes are good but he really should be having more mattak since unlike billhooks/pikes/spetums (lol) it gets no bonuses to hit.
>Elmer
Nothing to complain here other than using crude javs and a gobbo bow.
>Rambert
Unlucky hunter with those stats.
>Hanke
Okay.
>Obrun
Barbarians are a rarity and making one your sarge was kind of an odd move. Doesn't have fortified mind when his whole purpose depends on resolve (check the description for the banner weapon).
So in general try to plan people ahead of time and start enjoying Nimble. It's not easy to do the former and you'll continue to feel regret for building people in a wrong way until you stop giving a shit and just go with the flow.
>>
>>356486
>sean connery reincarnated into battle brothers and set up a camp
>>
>Find a camp
>It's legionaries
>Leave
>>
>>359510
>Keep walking, barbarian
>>
Post comfy map seeds
>>
>>359374
>>359363
>>359129
So I stick with this boys or I send them to a sucidal mission? Its too late to fix the perks?
>mostly mismatched
gear work like sets?
>just confused
yeah Im just throwing things into the wall
>you have some throwerbros
Well, the first orc fight left me with a good impression of throwing weapons, I like them for fucking enemies without armor
So about battleforged and nimble; should I tank up with more heavier gear or just pick nimble and keep the equipment I got?
>>
File: mokey.png (159 KB, 598x534)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>Wiederganger bodyguard roundswings
>misses my bros
>decapitates necroshitter
>>
I wish there was a hide helmet option
>>
File: 1588740417350.jpg (93 KB, 1080x1312)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>stopped at the Barbarian King
>push it until I got it again and learn how to defeat them
>defeat them with no problem
>yet again another city gives me the Kill the Barbarian King
>find the group rather close
>"the Untravel roams the land, we must hunt. Would you join us?"
>kino battle against the undead alongside the Barbarians
Why nobody told me the game got such a neat moments? This was cool. Somehow this >>356589 band of murderhobbos got into a neat fight and I got a Chaos Chosen helmet out of the deal
>>
File: 75-1609709716.gif (81 KB, 500x600)
81 KB
81 KB GIF
>>359510
I want to fight honor guard for the warscythes but whenever there's a camp with them now my brain blocks me due to remembering that fearsome buff
>>
>>360365
This is why WotN is the best.
>most interesting contract forks
>most brutal enemy faction
>most memorable music (though the entire OST is great)
>actual good legendary location with strong rewards and not just meme shit
>>
File: 20210109111409_1.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>360757
>most memorable music
I agree, the Barbarian battle themes are 10/10. Also should I keep this guy? I kinda want another polearm/sword guy but Im not sure about his terrible defense
>>
>>360039
>So I stick with this boys or I send them to a sucidal mission? Its too late to fix the perks?
Nah, if you're at this point and can apperently win against barbarians so just keep going. Has the crisis triggered?
>gear work like sets?
No, i mean the stuff about BF/Nimble and armor.
>yeah Im just throwing things into the wall
We've all been there.
>So about battleforged and nimble; should I tank up with more heavier gear or just pick nimble and keep the equipment I got?
Up to you, wasting perks is bad but this company is already a hodgepodge as all new player companies are.
>>
>>360757
>>360765
I generally have sound turned off these days, but i always turn it back on for the barbar battles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0eZXhXbC8A
>>
>>360765
Damn, I can't say no to 69 mattak at level 1. You could also level rattak due to 44 starting and two stars in addition and have him shoot the enemy before melee is joined, then quickhands into a reach weapon, but thats up to you.
>>
>>360765
normally i have bad luck with no star mattack, but i would go for a polearm with nimble with dodge and relentless. relentless is a pretty good skill for back liners.
>>
>"multiplayer mod" in the vein of real ruins for Rimworld, but instead of scanning bases it takes the companies of other players and applies their gear and perks into other people's runs as champion mercenaries
Good idea or bad?
>>
>>360826
Very neat, but probably hard to implement
>>
>>360826
The pseudo-multiplayer is nice but the AI might fuck it up because it will have the same limitations as the player.
>>
Im beat to shit, the second wave in the last moment got some lucky hits. If I bail I get no negative rep with the north but the vizier wont pay me right?
>>
>>360879
Im yet to join the south for the holy war but thats how itll probably go.
>>
Is English the devs native language, or is he an ESL who learned it off of Reddit?
>>
>>350954
what is nomad wait trick?
which wapons are 6 ap?
>>
File: 20210109150456_1.jpg (314 KB, 1920x1080)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>360909
Handgonne is fucking dirty and I love it, all the bois survived but they got some injuries
>>
>>361033
The devs are german and thus esl, but the actual writer is american which is just embarrasing at times
>>
>>361069
>>what is nomad wait trick?
Waiting penalizes your initiative for the following turn by -25%. Relentless removes that, so if you have for example the ranged advantage and a bro with higher init that the enemy you can get some attacks off (or at least set up in a good position) and then still act first on the following turn, sorta like Adrenaline lets you. Nomads will do this a lot.
However, being able to negate the penalty of waiting either through Relentless or Adrenaline opens up some advanced options for you. Mainly to be effectively immune to stuns and the nomad sand throw. Positive effects such as Manhunter whip count the actual turns that pass whilst negative ones (stun, daze, charm etc) count THE NEXT TIME YOU ACT. When you use wait you are just pushing yourself to the end of the turn order and theoretically still acting out even if you have spent all your AP.
So what happens is
>brother acts before the enemy, does his thing and waits
>gets stunned
>the stun is removed the same round and due to Relentless/active Adrenaline he still gets to act before the opponent
This is good against all debuff centric enemies but particularly viscious against nomads since they love to stunlock and render frontliners far less effective due to throwing sand. With this method they are just playing themselves since you care about neither. All this is also why you can on occasion see Barbarians waiting before ending their turns, though they're also trying to gauge if it'd be worth to Adrenaline at that particular moment.
>>which wapons are 6 ap?
All twohanders except 2hcleavers and warbrand. Unless you use a Mansplitter all these also cost only 12 fat to use the basic skill post mastery.
>>
File: skeletonexcited.gif (24 KB, 300x300)
24 KB
24 KB GIF
>>360839
Yeah, just daydreaming.

>>360843
They probably would for some of the more esoteric builds like bow thrower duelists or ranged-polearm bros but otherwise i think itd be ok. The AI adores to use puncture with northen daggers so i imagine theyd pick up what a daggerbro of that sort needs to be doing.
Think of the nightmare if we could build full on companies to fight other people through the AI.
>full puncturespammer frontline to rip apart BFfags
>the entire backline is handgonners in 300/300 BF suits to obliterate anyone nimble
>if engaged in melee they pull out named 2h maces/hammers/axes
>>
>>361144
Based and overwhelm pilled. Did you retire or keep going?
>>
>>361372
thanks for the protips
>>
so I fought a necromancer and basically saved energy and defended while 3 ranged flanked him and zoinked his ass. When I was mopping up the rest of the mobs, they kept being ressurected. Is this working as intended?
>>
This game seems interesting. Can someone tell me what happens when you die? Do you reset to nothing? Is the world randomly generated?
>>
>>361637
>Can someone tell me what happens when you die? Do you reset to nothing?
If you're playing Ironman, yes.
>Is the world randomly generated?
Yes.
>>
>>361619
Zombies have a chance to revive once yes
>>
File: unknown-26.png (302 KB, 697x436)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>361637
Its a gameplay game, like most of this board is (with some shameful exceptions). Whilst its so-so in other aspects that do not directly feed into it, the combat is probably the hardest, most fun one ive played in any game, period.
At first it can seem like just rng horseshit but the more you play the more you understand and the more you understand the more you experiment and appreciate the whole thing. It can absolutely become a game that takes over your life if it clicks hard enough.
>>
>>361405
I dont know, Im too fucked by injury to continue but at the same time I dont want to retire
>>
Beat a round. Eh, it’s too hard in the beginning when you have no armor or skill, and the second half is too easy, just a grind. Also archers kind of suck till the end.
>>
>>362304
How many days did it last for you? I haven't progressed past the early game yet.
>>
>>362344
120 days roughly. It’s more important to have everyone in some sort of armor than have a full roster... naked dudes are just lost money. Just make a shield wall and grind it out till you get pikes, then it’s gg.
>>
>>361401
>almost every bro is a daggerbro
>overwhelm on everyone
>everyone has hounds
>will spam nets
I can already see the companies made just to ruin your day.
>>
fastest way to make 250k?
>>
>>362304
Try going after the harder camps for named items.
>>
Named items out of named enemies are not guarantee? I gave so far 4 unique enemies the Et Tu Brute? and nothing
>>
>>362829
Only from champions, enemies can be named without being champions, for example bandit leaders are named but rarely champs
>>
>>362829
You can very easily tell when someone is a champion, their name is listed on the world map and pre battle and they've got a special base at the foot of the model. Plus they're always wielding their named gear and its easy to tell that apart since all named items are visually different than any normal gear.
You also always get the named item even if it was an armor and you broke it, so dont bother on puncturing and just focus on killing them.
>>
>>362719
For an ambition? If you've reached a point that late into the game then just keep doing difficult contracts and camps, the payout with your gigantic renown for a barb king job for example should be sky high
>>
>>362719
>>362908
Actually looking it up the highest crown ambition is 50k, which is still an incredible lot. What do you need 250k for?
>>
>>362348
>It’s more important to have everyone in some sort of armor than have a full roster... naked dudes are just lost money.
Play peasant militia
>>
>>362924
Achievement, probably
>>
>>363109
I am actually. Failed the first few times while trying to keep to keep the roster up, finally having a decent run when I stopped replacing dead peasants and instead saved up for padded leather. 200g value 80 armor, it costs about the same as a peasant and it won’t tank your morale.
>>
>>363387
Oh, then there was just a confusion as to what was meant by "actual armor".
>>
Got raped on day 12 doing a spoider clear in a forest. Ended up killing 15+ but their hives spat out even more. Are bandits and werewolves only safe quests before day 20?
>>
Is the save feature really as annoying as they say. I have add and sometimes just stop doing shit.
>>
File: 1603398388968.jpg (65 KB, 639x426)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>363681
I never take that contract because fuck forest fights and fuck webknecht fights with eggs, worst mechanic for an enemy in the whole game.
>Are bandits and werewolves only safe quests before day 20?
No, if anything direwolves have more rape potential than most other things you can fight early since if they kill 1 dude they proc berserk and can rip apart the lightly armored unless you are really careful. Pretty much all early contracts should be within reason. There is a very nice trick with those artefact retrival ones if you pay attention to the text and use common sense. Caravan guarding has the most variance since you might get nothing as the spawned group is too far away or gets killed, or you might run into several unrelated wandering ones that decide to fuck up the caravan.
There's this idea that you shouldnt fight barbs or nomads early and its really not true, the most important thing to do is keep moving towards bursting down those ambitions. Small nomad camps are just gonna be like 5-8 cutthroats even on expert, barb ones are similar but harder to find due to how mapgen works with these factions. Working in the south is also stupidly profitable for this reason before the outlaws get dodge on day 40, the game will just drop you against cutthroats and maybe some slingers whilst the viziers can pay for like 600 for that. Problem is that if it is one of the larger nomad camps you run the risk of wiping a named item since they have high chances for those.

>>363703
Are you thinking of Stoneshard maybe? BB has a normal save system.
>>
>>363740
Oh fuck I am. How did I mix these up.
>>
Just moving into water without a boat or anything is kind of silly
>>
>>363789
I just pretend that they hire whatever boats are in port at the moment.
>>
>>363817
Ah fuck wrong thread. Still applies though.
>>
Fought my first alp after buying xpac.. haven’t raged this much at a game in a decade. Back to beginner level.
>>
File: 1586155053481.jpg (73 KB, 640x644)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>insta kill snipe the Hex on the first turn
Eat shit bitch
>>
File: 1600301747011.webm (1.67 MB, 1280x546)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB WEBM
>>363742
I dont know, it feels like there is some sort of a connection or at least some nods towards BB in stoneshard. They're both very uncompromising and have a similar setting too.
Since we're already here Stoneshard has the potential to be superb imo. The save system is more like a part of the whole realism simulation -- you need to stay fed and hydrated or else you suffer penalties and eventual death, your inventory space is really limited thus carrying around everything you'd want is not really possible, certain consumables might be toxic which will cause harm if a certain threshold is passed in your organism, your personal morale will trigger life saving effects if its high etc. You just get used to saving at the tavern or sleeping at every bedroll in a camp closer to the location you're heading to. However i currently don't recommend the game since its in EA and suffers from really bad pacing and balance. Plus half of the damn skill trees aren't in yet.

>>363930
It used to be way way way worse. Just know that they will not move when stunned or under net and that you can sortof direct where their damage will go by shifting people from the edges of the formation. And get some more people (even just temporarily) if you are under 6, armor does nothing against alps but another guy to eat the damage and try to hit them with a stick will.
Also try Polearm mastery or goblin pikes.
>>
Are Witchhunters and Thiefs worth hiring or late game I should always focus on Knights, Sellswords and other expensive backgrounds?
>>
>>364065
They are for different builds. Witchhunters have godly resolve againest unholy beasts and thiefs are dagger/fencer overwhelmers.
>>
>>364065
What is your definition of "late game"? Thieves are one of the lower cost backgrounds that have really high potential that is offset by rarity.
>>
>>364075
Day 220 Im in my second crisis, the Undead
>>
>>364077
Well by that point you should be aiming high, so only keep the thief if he's really good.
If you want a background that is very decent whilst being affordable (if you don't have the money yet somehow), look for nomads. Just watch that resolve.
>>
File: 2020-09-05_1817_1.png (2.32 MB, 1920x1080)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB PNG
>>360826
if it also takes the barbers option then I am in
>>
>>361703
No way it only happens once, feels like half a dozen times until one guy chops off their head and they are gone for good.
>>
File: 1601563592839.png (2.87 MB, 1920x1792)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
Today I learn how good the fucking nets are against ram ranch rape machines like 16+ Orc Warriors or 24+ Ancient Undeads. Still I dont get how nets work
>shitty bandit breaks the net right away
>Orc takes 4 turns to break free
>>
>>364132
It's a roll for if they break free or not. I wouldn't be surprised if some creatures have an easier time than others at breaking free.
>>
>>364150
Necrofucks always break free and teleport for me, same with shitty bandits but sarranids, werewolfs and orcs take forever to break free
>>
>>364166
takes attack stat i think, wolfs have low attack but compensate by having 3 attacks
>>
File: additives.png (856 KB, 813x695)
856 KB
856 KB PNG
>water and other additives
>water
>and other
>additives
Jesus Christ, Casey.
>>
>>364120
>kill fallen hero
>gets back up in the same round
>>
>>364205
Just had my first headless fallen hero what the hecc
>>
>>364205
brotip: step on his body and loot his weapon, it will still rise but it will be harmless
>>
>>364221
About drop items I have I big question: enemies can drop treasures on the ground? I always get them 100% if I pick them up or the loot screen rolls for what I get after battle?
>>
>>364221
note that if the brother who is on top of the undead cannot be moved from the reviving undead (no space) then reviving will not occur.
>>
>>364228
You always get all of them, unless you flee the battle. If you flee, you only get what you picked up directly.
>>
Normal dagger or Qatal? Qatal seems good for Mace builds but doesnt seem good for armor farming
>>
>>364132
>>364166
Yeah its a mattak roll that gets bonuses on subsequent ones if it failed previously. It works the same way for you. WK reinforced nets gives the target a penalty but they still might just break it instantly.
Still, nets are one of the best investments and always worth the inventory space.

>>364304
They dont serve the same function. Normal northen dagger can be used as a mainline weapon by a puncturespammer but is usually for armor grabbing whilst the Qatal is more of a duelist choice. Deathblow is not to be underestimated by anyone and even the basic strike can be very potent.
>>
>Bandit fight
>three dead bandits get up as undead
>no necromancer in the fight at all
Is because of the Undead Scourge event?
>>
>>364375
Yes
>>
>>364377
Two seconds later I stumble into a mob of undeads, this events seems annoying as fuck, the Ancient Guard is so boring to fight
>>
>>364381
Maybe the game syould send some necrosavants or geists your way to make it more interesting
>>
>>364409
I dont mind the ghost, fuck the necrofucks to hell and back
>>
>day 21
>21 bandit raiders
>and a necromancer
Fuck this game I quit
>>
>>364430
Lmao just walk away what are they gonna do about it
>>
>>364409
They very, very boring, they are just tanky and build a shieldwall with support from behind
>>
>>364452
>blade touches flesh
>drop down to wavering/breaking
There's words to describe the average legionary encounter, but boring isn't among them unless you are like day 300 in which case you should be looking for bigger danger
>>
>it's a goblin episode
>>
>>364039
Thanks for the rundown on Stoneshard. Ill give it some time and revisit.
>>
Great sword seems to suck. War brand gives you more mobility, hammer rapes armored targets (unarmored targets too) axe lets you do all that plus split shields. Seems like hammer is king
>>
File: comfy sneed.png (10 KB, 209x28)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>360006
with PM at least
>>
>>364039
>there's a giant spin move done on Arnold
Might finally watch Conan the Destroyer
>>
>Start game
>Miss 10+ 50%+ hits in a row
>Rage
>Reload
>Miss 10+ 50%+ hits in a row
>Rage
>Feel like save file isn’t legit anymore
>Restart
>same shit happens again
How do I stop raging so hard? Seeing long as fuck miss streaks on 50%+ to hit drives me nuts. I’m inclined to say it actually drives me up a wall harder than missing once on a high to hit roll.
>>
>>364915
The whole game is designed to make you rage. Like you run out of repair gear at the ass end of the world, so you have to spend 400g to buy some, the game tells you in parentheses that you are over paying by 200g, just to make you mad. Fucking pervert krauts.
>>
>>346012
Dominions feels similar. Somewhat.
>>
>>364917
I have started hoarding repair gear on this save file. It’s amazing how absolutely every town will seemingly have jacked prices as soon as you run low.
>>
File: 1610161765340.jpg (98 KB, 1080x1080)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>364915
Real answer? Filter it out of your mind. When playing expect the absolute worst rolls. Don't move that wounded guy to puncture a brigand leader until he's routing, save AP to bash a target out of the way if it breaks your spearwall on the first go, etc. If you sit there and look at the combat log the AI is still prone to whiffing every swing in a round just as you are. You have an absolute plethora of ways to stack the rng in your favor vs all opponents if you think a bit harder.

>>364919
Look at the attached buildings on the world map. Mining town + workshop will always sell tools for either a minimal markup or bellow market value. If you don't have those nearby then look for the attached workshops, those places are tool producers.
>>
Anyone try permanent destruction?
>>
>>365064
After looking at the rolls, I noticed that the game rolls for both, the attacker and the defender. Your probability to hit is going to be all over the place regardless of what the projection says due to how swingy a d100 vs a d100 is. This is why tabletop games like DnD have you roll against static checks or defenses.
>>
>>365152
No. Melee hitchance calculation works like this
Attacker mattak - defender mdef. Then the attacker rolls a d100 and if he's under that number its a hit.
Various other things affect this (elevation, skill used, ijuries etc) but thats about it.
>>
>>365152
I don't know what you looked at but the game adds up all the hit and defence modifiers and then rolls one d100
You might have been confused by the lucky trait which adds another 10%roll
>>
>>365154
>Attacker mattak - defender mdef. Then the attacker rolls a d100 and if he's under that number its a hit.
This doesn’t sound right. A 50 melee character (Normal for the start) against a 15 defense character (A guy with a shield) would have 35% chance to hit. But I have never seen such a low to hit estimate unless the character is injured or something.
>>
>>365156
Yeah, I got confused. I can now see how the thing works. If I understand right, bonuses to hit are very very strong.
>>
File: Goblin_weapon_06.png (9 KB, 70x140)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>365164
Because of surround bonuses and weapon skills used. Flails ignore shields (effective 10-20 bonus to hit right there), 1hswords have +10, spears have +20.
>But I have never seen such a low to hit estimate unless the character is injured or something.
You have never seen an enemy shieldwalling?
>>
>>365181
Ah, I see. Now that I understand this, I’m seeing some pretty high to hit numbers. I used to figure that +10% to hit was something like ten percent of the fifty percent to hit or something, so I wasn’t taking full advantage of them.
>>
File: lookout and scout.png (262 KB, 412x296)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
Name a more iconic duo.
>>
>>365426
For me, it's the scavenger and the blacksmith
>>
>>365426
Cook lady and my cock
Or agent lady and my cock
>>
>>364915

Idk, maybe the game itself isn't good if its just RNG nonsense?

Like its either you're hitting 70+ damage on a shielded armored enemy at times while at others you're a disabled 50 IQ sperm that cant hit a stunned netted enemy several times.

Seems to be its just the game is shit designed.
>>
>>365817
The game's combat is about stacking the rng in your favor. Without the RNG the combat wouldn't be tense at all.
>>
File: 1610298264236.png (191 KB, 1228x1150)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>365817
>>
>day 70
>ambition: get named item because none of the camps dropped anything
>2 nomad tent cities right next to eachother, there's gotta be something in here
>go into the harder one first, win, find nothing but the loot is still good so its fine
>4 lindwurms i saw earlier block my path before i can reach the second one
>retreat
>now my "men" are dissatisfied and sad because of this
>spend 1 day wandering around the place kiting the dumb drakes until the manchildren stop acting like they're twelve
>now there's "a few leaders" and like 9 archers inside
>>
how the FUCK I'm supposed to deal with alps? I just got outrun by them and now I'm in a 9vs5 battle. These fuckers spawn 10 shadows every fucking turn and I can't do shit
What I'm supposed to do here? Retry until the god of RNG bless me? Is my run over?(playing on ironman)
>>
>>366266
Dogs. The answer is a dozen puppers. I dunno if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember alps spawning anything when I last fought them. It’s more that they shuffle their positions. Dogs deal with this by going fast. Also, keeping your guys around the bannerman helps.
>>
Does team player help with friendly fire from melee weapon AoEs? I keep getting it on guys that are full melee and not worth a whole lot as rangers.
>>
What is the correct response to a late-game (think day 200+) camp of 15 barbarian chosen + 2 barbarian drummers?

It's my first playthrough for learning and I don't have superhuman bros with minmax'd builds, so I don't feel like I can just consistently enter a fight like that and win the DPS race every time
>>
>>366266
You pirated Old version when they spawned shadows, get the newest one, alps are working differently now
>>
>>366456
>First playthrough for learning
>Day 200 without a wipe
I think you have successfully learned.
>>
>>366481
I have been using saves anon, it is my first playthrough for learning the entire thing after all, including late game legendary locations like the Kraken. I do have about 12 deaths or so, even when savescumming.
>>
File: main_menu_screen_01.jpg (1.36 MB, 1920x1080)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>366266
Those alps are from like from over a year ago, they got reworked because nobody would fight them -- not because they were hard but because they were pure tedium. If you are gonna pirate then use the most up to date version, there's also an entire new DLC that got released since then.
https://gog-games.com/game/battle_brothers
For curiosity's sake, the way you'd beat the old shadowspammer alps was
>strip everyone naked
>give everyone a dog
>give everyone a spear
>slowly grind them down
It'd always take eternity to win and everyone hated it.
>>
>>366312
I think so.
>>
>>366706
That’s more or less how you beat the current alps, too.
>>
>>366763
>spear vs current alps
>dogs vs current alps
No
Stripping naked is also a terrible idea because on occasion during contract the game will give them 2 or 3 direwolves .
>>
Sounds crazy but hooked pikes should allow you to yank shields like the whip's disarm
>>
>>366770
Said more or less, not exactly. Dogs are great. Spears are fine,
>>
>>366798 no
>>366706 no
>>366266

dogs and spears are shit, you want to 1 or 2 hit them since they all teleport around when a single one takes damage

strip everyone down, keep 2H 2Ranged weapons on most bros, form a circle and wait all bros before you start smacking them

bonus points for using nets and polemaces with stun
>>
How do I fight these goddamn southern armies?
>>
>>366848
Did you read what was posted? The topic was old alps that summoned shadows (the first alp rework, not the release version). The current ingame sleep-TP alps are the second rework.
See here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmnlJjDGkd8

>>366782
Depends on their composition, if its conscripts only just kill them with cleavers, they are running nimble at 40% efficency but with like 55 hp. Adargas can also be broken in 1 turn by nearly every weapon so if they're spamming shieldwall that's the way to go, just be quick because the massed swordlances will add up fast regardless of your armor.
Gunners are probably the biggest problem due to massed overwhelm, fearsome and overlapping fire arcs that shred any brother who isn't blocking the shots or killing them right away. Assassins must be netted, you will probably not kill them outside of net in a reasonable amount of time. The firepot/daze that they throw is also a problem. Officers hardly matter. The mortar forces you to push through or move out of the way or suffer even more debuffs.
>>
oops linked the wrong person
>>366889 >>366911
>>
UPDATE
Changelog for 1.4.0.47
Changed 'Lindwurm Scale Cloak' attachment to add 60 durability at a penalty of -3 to Maximum Fatigue.
Changed 'Horn Plate' attachment to also add 30 durability.
Changed 'Bone Plating' attachment to have a penalty of -2 to Maximum Fatigue.
Changed 'Additional Fur Padding' attachment to have a penalty of -2 to Maximum Fatigue.
Changed 'Unhold Fur Cloak' attachment to also add 10 durability.
Changed fatigue cost of 'Disarm' skill to 30, up from 25, and penalty to hit chance to -20%, down from -15%. Mastery now cuts in half the penalty to hit chance to -10%.
Changed orcs to have particularly powerful hand-to-hand attacks to make them less useless (but still significantly weakened) while temporarily disarmed using whips.
Changed amount of medical supplies dropped as loot in the later parts of campaigns to be a bit lower.
Changed main menu background to get randomly picked from different artworks of the game.
Changed default configuration (used when first starting the game or resetting your configuration) to disable the hardware cursor option, as a recent Nvidia driver update introduced performance issues for some players. Not using a hardware cursor will add some mouse lag, but the hardware cursor option can easily be activated in the game's options menu if it runs fine for you or Nvidia fixes the issue in the future.

Fixed 'Lunge' skill not properly taking into account the effect of the 'Relentless' perk.
Fixed players being unable to retreat from battle in 'Rebuilding Effort' contract without being sucked right into combat again.
Fixed 'Hunting Lindwurms' contract not being offered at steppe settlements like it should.
Fixed human opponents that have been taunted sometimes unnecessarily attacking single targets with area of effect attacks.
Fixed some other minor issues and typos.
>>
Place your bets!
>>
>>367213
One bag of grains on the goblins
>>
>>366911
It was conscripts, some swordlances and a leader, all in all I think 18 dudes. The problem for me was that their morale would not break even when I had killed 8 guys and the others surrounded. The swordlances wore me down so I savescummed and skipped the mission.
>>
File: image_2021-01-13_192345.png (899 KB, 1013x548)
899 KB
899 KB PNG
>>367223
Hand that wheat over.
>>
>>367237
Are the Unholds fighting the goblinos?
>>
always bothered me that you dont get the loot when enemies kill each other
>>
>>367237
oh fuck, my last provisions
>>
So maces + axes >Polearms > shit > everything else
>>
File: unknown-28.png (358 KB, 423x551)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
Well this loot is proporionate to the amount of effort i put into winning this fight so guess i cant complain.

>>367249
Yea, drew them into the camp. Apperently 7 unholds is too much for like 30 goblins to handle though both the overseer and the shaman were mostly concerning themselves with my group on the hill.

>>367255
Would be even more cheesy if it was like that. Worse is when an ally killsteals and you dont get the goods.
>>
>>367227
The conscripts die real fast to 2h cleavers because half the time their armor is in the 60-80 durability range, just focus on weapons that burn through health and you can get through them.

>>367334
What makes you think that? Literally every weapon category escapes being shit tier with the current balance in some way with the exception of two handed flails and two handed spears (spetums)
>>
File: Reach advantage.webm (2.92 MB, 960x540)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>367104
>attachments
Interesting, fatigue costs will make people think more before slapping shit onto nimble brothers armor. Lindwurm cloak is now actually worth the trouble since 60 durability is actually a lot, even the mundane human 10-20-30-40 attachments do make a difference.
>Disarm
So mastery is no longer optional. Less of a skill penalty to use but more fatigue, whip outlaws made more annoying.
>Fixed 'Lunge' skill not properly taking into account the effect of the 'Relentless' perk
This makes me wonder. Back during Warriors of the North, Relentless counted your current equipped gear as "built up initiative". Does anyone know if this is still true? The paperdoll/inventory no longer shows it like this but Nomad executioners act suspiciously quickly despite wearing heavier sets.
>>
>>367360
Is there any downside to mystery meat? I never pick it up in case I get a random event that makes someone get terminal shits or something. (unless I have 0 rations)
>>
>>367517
Not that i know of. Trouble is that they spoil fast as all looted provisions do, but the strange meat often lasts for like a day before it spoils. This is one of the advantages of the cook since she makes all provisions last much longer, you can easily live off looted food whilst in the wild with her around.
>>
>>367517
>is there any downside to mystery meat?
The knowledge that your meals probably have human meat in them, I guess. So you're making your bros cannibals.
>>
>>367387
>daze
>stun
>armor breaking with good hp damage
>shield breaking
>+chance to hit head
>range
I dont know, I dont see use in swords, flairs or spears pass early, early game. Most of the strong and dangerous enemies got chunks of armor or hide behind shields or they are ultra nimble hard to hit and you must net them
>>
>>367888
>>367387
Nah I eat my words I just tested some stuff and going arround as a Zwei is the tits
>>
>>368064
Also flairs aint that bad, I still think they should daze on continuous hits (the triple flair daze in one attack if all three heads hits) but headhunter would make it too op
>>
>>367104
>Changed fatigue cost of 'Disarm' skill to 30, up from 25, and penalty to hit chance to -20%, down from -15%
And I was thinking about how useless and garbage whips are.
>>
>>367565
Isn’t the “WE ARE EATING SHIT! SHIIIIIT!” event tied to eating stuff like that for too long?
>>
This game is a bit too much Mount & Blade and not enough XCOM. I feel like the lack of a main quest line to pursue and the lack of urgency from some kind of pending doom hurts the experience for me. Even if the story was left in the background for the player to discover as bits of lore at legendary locations and whatnot would be cool. It just seems incomplete without an overarching story or mission to pursue.
>>
>>367360
>Yea, drew them into the camp. Apperently 7 unholds is too much for like 30 goblins to handle though both the overseer and the shaman were mostly concerning themselves with my group on the hill.
Huh, my money was on the goblins since poison, bows, good damage dealers and extremely hard to hit plus the nets which are everything unholds hate.
>>
>>368131
>I feel like the lack of a main quest line to pursue and the lack of urgency from some kind of pending doom hurts the experience for me
permanent destruction?
>>
>>368131
It’s more comparable to space trading sims than xcom or mount and blade.
>>
File: 1607623051972.jpg (263 KB, 900x900)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>still no toggleable expanded combat log in options
>still no toggleable impassable terrain indicators
>>
>Escort a caravan through territory held by 8 enemy camps for 5 days for 1,000 crowns
>Gets mad when asked for more
What the fuck? I ain’t running a fucking charity here, 1,000 bucks is wages alone for that much time.
>>
File: 263-1598398784-1030877993.jpg (617 KB, 2560x1440)
617 KB
617 KB JPG
>>365426
>>
>>368329
Whoah based (except the nigger)
>>
>>368363
there are no niggers in the bb universe tho, just the sandniggers/shitskins
>>
>>368329
Is this a mod?
>>
>>368387
https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/263?tab=files
>>
What's the start people like the most? I like the peasants because I like fighting with a ton of people, though it feels like there's not much an advantage because I'll end up fighting equal or bigger mobs anyways? Which seems to defeat the point.
>>
>>368363
>tanned = nigger
ngmi

>>368387
Yes
>>
>>368131
The "story" that is in the game is lame and stupid half the time, and there should not be any.
However
>the lack of urgency from some kind of pending doom hurts the experience for me
with this I agree, the lategame crisises are not nearly threatening enough. Considering the original concept of the game (>>346149) its really sad, there should be a crisis difficulty option on map generation.

>>368195
>toggelable impassable terrain indicators
This was added by Blazing Deserts, look at the buttons in the upper right.
>>
>>368459
>toggelable impassable terrain indicators
I have to toggle it each game. It's not an option in game to have it on by default, as explanded battle log.
>>
>>367888
>>368064
>>368067
Try the big cleavers and all hammers sometime, also qatal works nicely if you like maces since you can Deathblow the dazed for stupid amounts of damage if you double grip and have mastery so it costs 3 ap.
>>
>>368329
Sarge>>>>>>>>>>>>>Agent>>>Cook>Lookout
>>
>>368432
I really liked lone wolf exclusively for the avatar mechanic giving it a chess-like feel. But the limited roster pissed me off eventually. I’m back to playing the vanilla start.
>>
File: 1590651468891.png (85 KB, 231x265)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>try a random gobbo ruin
>stuck in a three way between fuckload of gobbos against Alps and Werewolfs
Its a 60 rumble clusterfuck I didnt know I can get this fucked while invading
>>
File: 1342040308884.jpg (442 KB, 1263x900)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>no slavshits
>>
How should one build a two-hander in Peasant Militia? I've been trying it out with moderate success but I'm still not sure what to do once I get raider tier armor. I always end up stagnating and dying.
>>
>>368111
What event is that?
>>
Do unholds fight undead?
>>
How do you end the holy war? Capture three holy site and that's it?
>>
>>368946
Yes. The only group that isnt hostile is beasts outside of some events, so luring direwolves into webknecths will just result in them both coming to fuck you up.

>>369018
Do contracts.
>>
>>369138
*isnt hostile to all others they should be
>>
>>369138
>contracts
I'm only getting the retarded escort contracts that take forever. Do you need allied status with a noble house? The mudslimes attack me on sight.
>>
>>369162
Have you been offered a crisis contract in the past or did you just attack the Gilders on your own accord?
>>
>>369168
I had the "take a holy site" contract once and did that. I'm playing the Northern Raiders start so the other nobles hate me.
>>
>>369179
Just wait and they'll give you something.
>>
>>369138
I learned the hard way that ifrits are considered as beasts
>>
>>368797
>I'm still not sure what to do once I get raider tier armor. I always end up stagnating and dying.
just go nimble or buy armor, assuming you repair gear before sale and do your ambitions getting fat stacks of cash is now not as hard as before
post your company
>>
Reminder that the autist should kill himself
>>
>>369987
He's gone, nimble savants overwhelmed him
You can tell by how the thread is dead
>>
File: 1610301946695.webm (1.79 MB, 640x640)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB WEBM
>>369987
>the autist
Everyone who plays this game for an extended lenght of time is autistic to some degree, fuck off
>>
give me the black monolith strat
does resolve even do anything to counter horrified? my bros have 60-70 resolve and they still get hit by that bullshit and there's fucking 3 of those priests
>>
>>368432
PM because they are a force of nature against camps
>though it feels like there's not much an advantage because I'll end up fighting equal or bigger mobs anyways? Which seems to defeat the point.
The numbers advantage is not to be underestimated, you can really go all the way with doing a super heavy backline of overlapping billhooks/swordlances/handgonnes.
>>
Will the holy war crisis conclude on its own? Says it's almost over. I've only done one mission where I took a holy site.
>>
File: gilded ire.jpg (111 KB, 362x368)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>369987
Where do you think you are, fag?
>friday
Oh, right...
>>
Surprised how this game lacks "skirmish" mode with ability to either just fuck about or watch AI duke it out.

Lack of camp practice is also a bitch as a lot of shit is obscure. For example, game teaches you that 2 handed axes can be hit in 6 way fashion. What it doesn't teach you is how berdiche can split unlike a regular 2h axe.

I shouldn't have to look at wiki for shit like this and there is nothing in the game to suggest stuff like this.
>>
>defend holy site
>can't rotate your bros between battles
Wow that is really GAY
>>
>>370940
Agreed about the lack of info. The tutorial origin was worthless and wasn't a tutorial at all, I figured it all out myself.
>>
>>368616
some of the norse are slav themed
>>
File: mfw.webm (2.81 MB, 852x480)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB WEBM
>>368616
>mfw you can't breach into cities and towns during sieges
>mfw you cannot reenact this
>>
>>372404
It's pretty easy to wiggle around on a table like a retard, anon.
>>
does duelist work with javelins/throwing spear? 70% armor pen +40% bonus damage from 2 squares away should explode a hedge knight.
>>
>>372421
Yes and yes
>>
any worthwhile mods yet? dlc? haven't played since last year
>>
How do I figure iut how far away noble contracts are if I don’t know the names of places? Traveling half the map for my missions is tiring.
>>
>>372460
No mods, but the DLC and the free patch has improved the game significantly. See here.
>>356698
>>356712

>>372512
Say "I'll think about it", check the map and then come back to accept.
Protip: tick on "auto pause after battle/leaving town" in options.
>>
>>372937
huh.. it looks like a big dlc.. did they announce if there are plans for another dlc or content?
>>
>>372979
No, they never talk about this stuff but i think there'll be at least 1 more.
>>
>>372460
What's a worthwhile mod to you
>>
>>368616
Aside from different art style if somebody showed this to me and said this is Battle Brothers concept for new dlc I would believe it, seriously so much shit is similar, even the easily identifiable armor classes and shit
>>
Why does everyone use bows rather than crossbows? Two shots but you get cucked by armor.
>>
>>373198
Bow specialization gives you extra range which is vital for some enemies who like to hide.
>>
>>373198
I went for crossbows this time because I looted some impalers (less fatigue and knockback) and it's going bretty gud so far.
>>
File: aliens.gif (641 KB, 498x498)
641 KB
641 KB GIF
>>373198
It depends on the person, some like one and others like the other.
Some human goblins also like throwing duelists.
>>
>>373198
plenty of light armor enemies for them to fuck. Also, they can just shoot the guys you beat up if the enemy team is that armored.
>>
>sixteen conscripts and six gunners
SAME
AS
IT
EVER
WAS
>>
>>373377
>This kills the Cr*wnling
>>
File: 1610074815259.jpg (74 KB, 957x1024)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>get to late game no problem on veteran
>keep dying on ironman
How do I gitgud without wiking shit.
>>
>>373536
Quit taking dumb risks
>>
File: 15987456326.jpg (523 KB, 1291x1920)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>tfw a Barbarian king goes ham against a noble house
>not even the noble champion clad in named armor survives three hits until his head rolls
Barbarian Kings and Chosen parties dont fuck arround
>>
>>373536
watch Arvius on twitch, he only does very very hard legendary ironman runs and abuses boats to make sure the day timer doesn't climb too fast, by day 3-5 he's got tier 3-4 weapons
>>
>>373536
I dont know what your company looks like or how you build progress. Most important thing is to remember to run away and cancel contracts if it looks bad
>>
>>373614
Isnt he one of those monoltih speedrunners who plays on a loaded seed?
>>
>>373614
BUT
>he uses a specific seed that he already knows by heart
>that gives him OP LW
>uses mods

still tho quite entertaining, I never got any kind of legendary item from any locations unlike him
>>
>>368616
we're probably getting slav themed dlc next
>>
>>374148
What makes you say that?
>>
>>374157
just a hunch
>>
>>374057
>I never got any kind of legendary item from any locations unlike him
Follow tavern rumors
>>
>>374181
those lead me to 20+ ones with multiple undead heroes and necromancer which are undoable for me without baiting another party there, whereas the guy in stream faces doable ones like 12 brigands and a leader.
>>
The game needs a 3x speed mode
>>
File: 2021-01-17_0726_1.png (1.92 MB, 1920x1080)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
I never had a 3 skull camp clearing give me a legendary item before.
>>
>>374260
I think 3 skull contract means like a 5% chance of named so it can happen but its pretty few and far between
>>
Bros I've been hesitating buying this game

> 2500 hours on Warband and Bannerlord
> Countless hours on FE

Would I appreciate it ? Would I find something new, refreshing ?
>>
>>374300
Its more SotHR/Dark Omen + Xcom than warband desu.

Its also a lot harder.
>>
>>374300
It’s a lot slower and way more frustrating than warband. It feels most like Darkest dungeon.
>>
>>374279
How it works is 3* contracts don't clear nameds from existing camps like 1* and 2* do, but since the targets are often still close to civilisation the chance stays low
Also 3* contracts give a higher chance for enemies to be champions
>>
>>374184
Sounds like you are just too scared of weidergangers.

>>374300
Its one of those games for a specific type of person, maybe try before buying since the 2 hour refund period is not really enough to see if its you type of thing.
>>
>>374547
its the fallen heroes man fuck them
>>
File: day 205.png (2.51 MB, 1920x1080)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
>here's your legendary bro
>>
>>374566
They're only really really threatening with a greataxe
>>
File: 2021-01-17_1729_1.png (1.95 MB, 1920x1080)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
Day 12, how am I doing? Hard to get the shields desu
>>
>day 183
>906 renown
Did I fucked up? I'm playing ironman/veteran so I'm being pretty cautious, is my renown too low for how far I'm in the game? The gameplay is going well and I'm not having any difficulties, but is there any problem for having low renown in the late game?
>>
>>374687
Lookin' good. As for shields find a contract against brigands and kill thugs.

>>374692
That's just very slow, renown only really impacts your contract payouts and what ambitions you can get so there's no advantage at all for having it low.
>>
>have experience with dealing against unholds
>"oh northern unholds can't be that bad"
>party wipe
>>
>>374770
Now give him armor
>>
>>342545
HOW THE FUCK DO I KILL THE SANDNIGGERS WHEN THEY HAVE TONS OF CONSCRIPTS AND LIKE 5 GUNNERS
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DEFEND A HOLY SITE FROM THESE FAGOTS AND THEY KEEP WIPING MY TEAM OR KILLING ALL MY VETS WHO I HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME AND MONEY ON AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>374847
should've sided with the south cr*wnling
>>
>like about a quarter of what the legends mod changes
>absolutely hate the rest
I really wish they would just release some standalone mods instead packaging one thing you like with 30 things you hate
>>
>>374908
You can customise it a bunch
>>
>>374847
Pincer maneuver to attack the back line or use your own guns.
>>
>>374847
What exactly is the problem when fighting southern armies? Still relatively new to DLC content. They have dodge akin to nomads?
>>
>>374989
you can turn off some of the changes but thats about it basically I just want a standalone version of layered armor and a couple other things and thats it
>>
>>375026
They have AoE specialists with good stats. Those AoE specialists are hidden behind a massive sea of chaff that is fairly good at protecting their backline. The AI on their gunners is also a lot more aggressive than archer and crossbowman AI, they will attempt to fire every single turn and will even kill their own men if they can take one of your guys with them.

They are not super duper hard, but they require different tactics from the other human armies.
>>
>>375067
Wouldn't flash bombs migate the problem with daze since they are mass formation?
>>
>>375123
Yes, firebombs also give you more time since it'll cause them to shuffle around. Trouble is that during the holy war you lose access to buying those, so better stock up beforehand.
>>
File: 1608654498025.jpg (24 KB, 752x469)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
lost top 3 fighters in arena
>>
File: test2.jpg (160 KB, 1366x769)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
Rate this dude. Getting the hang of builds better but I should have skipped the student for pathfinder.
>>
>>374607
does it have any unique skills?
>>
>>374687
lots of good shields in the south
>>
>>375300
I cant see his traits
>>
>>375614
Craven, Fainthearted, Arena Veteran. Right now he has Berserk and Killing Frenzy due to extra levels.
>>
>>375300
I give him 6/10, he only has matk basically
>>
File: 2021-01-18_1816_1.png (1.91 MB, 1920x1080)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
so i just got a discount adventurous noble?
>>
>>375639
If he's from some cheap background its ok but i hate having dumped resolved people around

>>375754
Good brawlers are really good
>>
>>369455
Repairing all gear is cash efficient?
>>
>>375836
Not all gear, but repairing higher tiers of loot (aka, all weapons that aren't bottom of the barrel) before sale is very profitable.
>>
best npc to haul arround? I have doctor-kid-blacksmith-BH
>>
>>375935
scout and cook
>>
>>375935
see here >>365426
>>
I think one problem with having a lot of nimble bros is it causes the AI to focus fire your few, less nimble bros. Lost my favorite heavy 2hand hammer man when the entire team of orcs decided he needed to die.
>>
>>375960
rip
>>
>>375960
That's what taunt is for.
>>
Attention, it seems three headed flail bugs out when used against nine lives and crashes the game.
>>
>>374279
>>374260
I think that's a 5% chance of a Champion per top tier enemy unit type
Probability of named item camp loot is entirely dependent on the type of camp, unless its a lower than 3-skull mission
>>
File: 1594960430191.jpg (1.07 MB, 1200x1630)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
What is the threshold of Nimble vs Battleforged? I get no info looking at the game and I wanna know what should I stick into my bros. Its about the -fatigue per armor against my natural fatigue or armor points vs the hitchance of the enemy
>>
>enemy can unrout while adjacent to my units without rallying
>>
File: bb.png (831 KB, 803x669)
831 KB
831 KB PNG
>>376233
Some enemies have a higher base chance to be champions, most notably kangs (who only spawn through contracts but thats besides the point) and ork warlords get 10%.
Distance from nearest settlment also plays a role to named item chance.

>>376309
You can too if your resolve is sufficent i think
>>
>>376442
Man, this is one of those games with really good writing for me. Was Casey not involved in blazeit420 because the writing seems..off.
>>
>ectoplasm, dropped from geists
what should it craft into
>>
Please let the thread die before making a new one. The board is /comfy/ enough that we can cruise on this one a day or two.
>>
File: 2021-01-19_1505_1.png (1.61 MB, 1920x1080)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
Think I remember someone posting this and commenting how autistic commander is
>>
>>376511
Hey anon stay hydrated
>>
>>376511
I like to pretend he's actually a scrawny manager making up these scenarios in his head after sending his men to the arena to die
>>
>>376271
Nimble is effectively an HP multiplier that scales off your hitpoints. You can still wear light armor (around the standard 115 durability mail shirt and a lighter helmet) whilst maintaining max nimble efficency. The more you go over it the less effect nimble has, but it's generally okay to go over the limit a bit (but not too much).
Battleforged is only going to be good if you have armor with high durability. If you are wearing raider/outlaw drops it'll do nearly nothing, you need at the very least a +200 body armor and a +200 helmet. It makes you take less armor damage depending on your current combined durability on armor and head, so it makes stacking armor even more powerful.
Its more complicated than that, but its the basic idea. Both of them also help you economy wise since nimble can work well enough with random gear you have in the inventory whilst BF greatly reduces the amount of tools that an armored man will burn through over the course of a few fights.
>vs hitchance of the enemy
Don't think of it like that, everyone should have mdef to some capacity because neither of these perks do anything for you until you get hit.
>>
>>376271
In addition to what anon said
>nimble is good on high hp bros
>BF is good on high Fatigue bros
>nimble is good against high pen enemies ( think hammers and maces, like Barbarians), bad against high flesh dmg (archers, cleavers and such)
>BF is opposite: good against things like arrows, bad against daggers, hammers etc
>Nimble is cheaper to get going and maintain, easier to stick bros into whatever armor, need fewer tools to repair, generally good idea to go mostly nimble until later
>BF is imo generally more durable though, Nimble can get chipped down while BF inherently reduces chip dmg to very little
>BF can get serious value out of famed armors
>>
>>376511
He sounds like a /fit/izen
>>
File: laughingtatu.jpg (74 KB, 449x289)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>376522
>>
>>376522
So he browses this thread?
>>
>>376590
>>376583
But hp sucks, the moment armor is gone you are good as dead. Its wise to level up hp at all pass said arround 50-70? How much Nimble boost said raw hp?
>>
>>376672
Your bro is dead when out of hp, not out of armor.
50-70 hp is horribly low and oneshot territory for most 2hander I think
>>
File: Spoiler Image (191 KB, 772x1228)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
Welp, joined my first holy war. Wish me luck.

As a northerner
>>
>>376672
Nimble wants as much hp as possible
damage to hp is reduced by up to 60% which makes those hp last a long while
Even a BF frontliner wants more than 70 hp though, 80 is more like
>>
>>376682
>>376693
So not only I have to waste points in mdefense not to get tag by everything, but also dump points in hp even when said bro got no stars on the stat.
Darn, three stats on each level seems way, way too stingy
>>
>>376694
Or you get colossus perk which is excellent value
>>
>>376694
That's why backgrounds with high base stats are good
>>
File: 1513575641915.gif (1.78 MB, 270x175)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>ambushed by 52 raider niggers
>>
>>376672
>Its wise to level up hp at all pass said arround 50-70?
50 is brigand thug tier, I try to get everyone to at least 80 post colossus regardless if they'll go nimble or forged because of two factors
A) armor ignoring damage, barbarians love to fight dudes with shit hitpoints in heavy armor because they'll just kill them through it
B) temporary injuries, for a hit to inflict an injury it needs to deal a certain % of the targets hp in one go. Even just colossus prevents having to wait for 5 days so a guy recovers from the concussion before going into a fight again
>How much Nimble boost said raw hp?
Like the others have said its a straight damage reduction based on your efficency, up to only recieving 40% of the original damage. But one shouldnt try to think that the brother has x more health with nimble since that leads to some pitfalls. Other stuff to note is that the nimble bros wont be naked, they'll still have some lighter armor on them. New players avoid the perk not realizing that the average mediocre nimble bro can be equipped with scraps they have lying around the inventory and become several orders of magnitude more durable whereas BF needs more investment and is more restrictive in somr regards.

>>376694
Now consider that you don't want to have very low resolve either because your current morale level directly impacts combat skills, and then take fatigue into account too. Brother building is one big balancing act, the only dump stat in the game when it comes to leveling is ranged defence to some extent.
>>
>>376737
>Brother building is one big balancing act, the only dump stat in the game when it comes to leveling is ranged defence to some extent.
Init is very often not leveled either
>>
>>376772
Yes, but the benefits of initiative if you really think about it and decide to pursue a high ini brother (or even just someone who doesn't have it dumped) can be huge.
>>
>>376789
I suppose, you can really get away with not leveling ranged once in your company while you might have a fencer
>>
File: it_has_begun.gif (1.78 MB, 520x400)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>376871
literally never built a fencer, all of my high ini bros were either 2h or qatal thus far (but i guess i should)
you need to just level it past the 130-140 base initiative amount (hyena pelt optional) and can now do the relentless tricks
>>
File: guy 2.png (280 KB, 359x788)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
What would you do with this guy? I bought him on day 6 looking for a second archer. He will be an OK at best pure archer if I build him that way, but those are good stars for melee and most importantly he has iron lungs.
>>
>>376966
Close to being a reapspammer that also shoots his crossbow/bow when the opportunity arises but not quite there. Not sure, what origin is this
>>
>>376967
Vanilla-ass A New Company start on ironman. I rarely play much past the first crisis so I'm not really set on having an optimum build or anything. Swordlance hybrid sounds pretty neat since I haven't ever really used that weapon. Basically just build an archer, but stars in both attacks and pick up polearm mastery? What would be the must-have perks for that?
>>
>>376974
>stars in both attacks

*put points in both attacks
>>
>>376974
>rarely play much past the first crisis
Based, and if your company can get to the crisis it can do anything afterwards through enough tedium anyhow.
>Basically just build an archer, but stars in both attacks and pick up polearm mastery?
Yup
>perks
I mostly do something like this
https://tumult.cc/bb-calc.html?1-3&2-8&2-7&4-8&1-8&6-3&6-1&7-3&3-6
Choose the ranged mastery as you wish, both bow and crossbow have their merits here. As for the swordlance you might be pleasantly surprised, but it becomes more fun if there's multiple swordlancers in the back.
>>
>>376990
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
>>
>join crusade
>lose best guy, lose contract, hostile relation with southern states, lose relations with noble house
>>
File: UU91d9swu3I-HD.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>376502
This board is already doomed whether you like it or not, but not by the bb posters
>>
File: Phase.jpg (542 KB, 2000x2000)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>377535
How long do you think we will last before all aspects of comfy disappear?
>>
File: 2021-01-20_1726_1.png (2.11 MB, 1920x1080)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
So vision 1 guy cannot use a 2 tile weapon at 2 tile distance
>>
>>377604
Just be glad it happned.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.