[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 77 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1609192269395.png (14 KB, 185x111)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Chad is having sects all day with hot Yin users. And then there's you.
>>
took a christmas break from cultivating 3 weeks ago, starting a new sect when I'm home. any revelations mechanic-wise, mods or other news?
>>
>>341952
Luna form is like an Odinesque bargain. It's actually based to cut your dick off for power. Not to mention it only takes 30k qi to regrow.
>>
Someone shill this chink propaganda game to me.

What makes it worth playing?
>>
>>341968
It's rimworld with a layer of chinese fantasy on top, which leads to unique game mechanics. It's not a chinese reskin because of it.
>>
>>341968
you ever play morrowind and spend 2 hours reloading the game to buy 300 alchemical ingredients from the same trader, brewing that into 150 intelligence potions while drinking them to make each subsequent one stronger, eventually reaching ridiculous intelligence stat which lets you use (otherwise broken and virtually unusable) enchanting system to create overpowered equipment to kill all the hard optional and modded bosses in one hit with?
this game is like that
>>
File: inspiration.png (52 KB, 793x490)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
anyone know what exactly causes this event? I have an agency with 25k followers and the upgraded building in Riverbank Plains and sending inners to adventure there causes this semi-often, I'm farming the fuck out of inspiration because of it. I already have over 1 mil inspiration on this cat I'm trying to turn into a catgirl. It seems like you can't do it with multiple inners at the same location though, it will cause one of them to receive no inspiration per event.
>>
>>341986
it's not an event. followers cause belief to generate, you can see that on some tab. then you can gather it for inspiration. if you don't collect it it just piles up so don't have inners running to cities and back forever
>>
>>341996
Damn I had no idea about the belief mechanic
>>
>>342008
another way to get inspiration is eureka pills. they scale with intelligence and mental state so each can give you like 1mil if you get mental state talismans to go over 100.
you can alchemize them but fuck that. make one of your golden cores a calculator - have him learn a shitload of lifespan manuals and keep using derivative calculation. attend all manifesting mandate secrets you get this way. at first they grant new laws, but when you'd get one you already know they grant an eureka pill.
>>
So how crazy the magic goes in this game?
Is this classic fireballs and laser beams or something peculiar like summoning ghosts, boiling blood, making trees eat people and blowing up heads with mind bullets?
>>
Are the mechanics somehow different between normal play and immortal? During my current metal gc shaping the ying yang is never going past +4 for some reason, even at 2am.
>>
>>342046
There's lots of crazy, flavourful magic like possessing dead bodies, but the most powerful magic is mostly less spectacular stuff like upgrading items, shooting fireballs and changing the weather.
>>
Can the demon emperors tomb opening actually give you useful stuff or is it always just that exploitation of blabla miracle that increases your attainment while being useless?
>>
What is the name of the game ? It looks really interesring
>>
>>342131
Superpower Growing Environment
>>
>>342131
The name is "Amazing Cultivation Simulator".
>>
Is there a reason why you can't fly over deep water? You seem to be able to do it in the Universe but not when you enter a map.
>>
Hey so I'm pretty new to this game, on a naturally occuring manifesting mandates fairly early on, I got the "Jade Purity Immortal Law." It's non-elemental. How do I min-max for someone learning it? I held back from teaching so far because I'm intimidated, but one of the guides suggests it's a good law?
>>
>>342170
I mean other than that one puzzle near Kunlun
>>
>>342171
just stack the cultivation room with highest qi gathering items you have
it's a good utility law because it gets skills that reduce attainment and gives you access to all the weather miracles in one manual. basically saves you lots of inspiration.
technically the best utility law is sunflower, since you can stack a shitload of max qi on that one, but the inspiration cost to utility ratio, compared to jade purity, is not really worth it.
>>
>>341977
>this game is like that but on purpose
FTFY and it is glorious because of that.
>>
File: 1534160333383.jpg (119 KB, 392x379)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
how to get laws?
>>
>>342215
Really vague, there...
You get the rest of the basic bitch Taiyi laws on day 22. You can get the talisman writing law by going to Skydome (becoming friends with them etc) and finding He Yudao(or Zhudao icr) chatting her up, breaking her heart guard and then when she's at max favor, gifting her the talisman paper.
Day 100 gives you a body law. Day 300something gives you two of the divine (I think you need to complete the story by then?). Your first divine is probably from getting a level 2 agency.
You can get most of the rest through Manifesting Mandate event (spam calculation miracle), opening caskets (there's a mountain miracle for this) and winning the Kunlun competition event.
NPCs that you persuade to join you will also bring their shitty laws with them, which are sometimes useful for studying and min-maxing. I had one that had several elixir yield boosts to the point where I was making crazy stacks by refining spirit crystals with my alchemist. You can also potentially buy most of the same stunted laws from other sects, but I think by the point that is viable, most people prefer to just raid and destroy other sects.
I think there's a body law that you HAVE to steal from that one hidden desert sect, but they're all body cultivators so good luck.

That's all the ones I can think of.
>>
>>342228
>Day 100 gives you a body law.
>Your first divine is probably from getting a level 2 agency.

done both of these and still on the starting taiyi laws, do i have to do something specific to get them?
>>
Do scripts serve any purpose other than being sold?
>>
>>342235
The body law one can sometimes happen as late as day 120 or so. There is a secret/event about dragon inscriptions. Likewise when you have a level 2 agency (I think it has to be Mt. South) there should be secret triggered for it.
If the secrets expired then you might be out of luck.

Also, I double checked, the two other body laws require you to become friends with Daemonia and also to use the soul search miracle on a dying Daemonia cultivator. So that's tricky.

>>342236
They, along with the other "culture" items, make half decent wood artifacts. But it seems mostly like a thing that other sects appreciate to a high degree.
>>
>wait 2 seasons for trader
>"lately materials are useless"
>>
>>342242
>out of luck.
By which I mean, you have to actually rely on luck. The gold caskets might have the divine laws, and you can probably get them and the starter body law by finding/buying/acquiring ancient scrolls and caskets.

>>342256
You gotta diversify, man. Have a store house full of spirit stone bows. Have a store house of culture items. Be ready to sell thousands and thousands of stacks of lotus.
>>
>>342258
The part where you're mostly struggling for money is early on. This was the third merchant I got, so I couldn't set everything up perfectly yet. The bows I had were used for trading with sects in between.
>>
hmmm
>>
why are pets so overpowered? not that I'm complaining, because it allows me to play the game at the pace I want instead of rushing a similarly overpowered physical cultivator to defend my sect with. it just seems weird that you automatically get a pet and it's instantly able to fight everything without trouble, and it scales on its own with pretty much no effort from the player.
>>
>>342390
Probably a lazy fix for the problem you're describing. Without one it'd be really easy for a new player to get into game-ending trouble just as they're starting to get into the real game.
>>
>>342424
its only a problem because theres no real ways of building or strategizing any sort of defense. its literally just have your cultivators/pet out-statcheck the attackers. every other game in the genre has walls and traps and defenses to build, meanwhile in ACS cultivators fly right over walls.
>>
Is there a formations guide
>>
Are there any rape mods yet?
>>
Are bear and wolf yaoguai just worse than Tiger?
>>
>pet comforts character that's already at 100 mental
>>
>>342433
+1
I made one once but it was confusing and weak.
>>
Anyone have advice on early locations for Agencies? It seems like unless I start being an asshole in cities and making enemies, I'll never really increase my followers in small towns, which will limit my future inners' growth.
>>
>>342984
You can see the resources they produce when you hover over "assign". Since every Agency requires wheat for charity I think it's a good idea to get the ones that produce it asap. You might also need some extra wood for building new ones, but usually you'll have enough on your map. Producing some stones (and not collecting them) is also very useful, since it helps with the earthquake event, which is the biggest way of getting followers.
Cities don't produce any resources, but are useful a bit later, after gaining some followers, since they allow you to recruit.
>>
File: liar.png (1.6 MB, 1920x1080)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
Why isn't Yue talking to my 110 social cat? You guys told me she would...
>>
>There is a fire.
>There is a fire.
>There is a fire.
>There is a fire.
>There is a fire.(3)
>>
>>343167
>outer tries cooking a meal
>instead the stove starts burning
>he goes to sleep
>>
>>343178
>this is fine
>>
File: shit stats.png (79 KB, 248x283)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
is there a way to give a base amount to stats instead of a % increase? I like the idea of trying to fix this girl, i picked her up cause of her luck. I cured her broken meridians that she had as a background but these stats are making everything slow as hell, and she has an infection that wont go away
>>
>>343195
Not to my understanding. A character with a 0 in a stat is effectively crippled for life.
>>
Big Trouble in Little China makes me wish you could use outers effectively in combat
>>
If you come visit me... don't wear terrible clothes....
>>
>Unaffiliated golden core visits carrying spirit root
Practically asking for it
>>
>>343330
Killing is bad.
>>
>>343333
How does the game feel about placing them in a room with a soul pearl and then walling up the door?
>>
Hey so what's with the blade pill. I was forming a golden core and my character said they wanted to eat one while forming their core. Was it just random dialogue mashing together?
>>
File: 1536874715512.png (13 KB, 916x1100)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
How do I stealthmaxx?
>>
>>343518
Your golden core is having suicidal thoughts.
>>
>>343529
Makes sense. While I was sending her to get the Earth Flux she used to get to tier 1, she lost a leg, and I sent her useless trash talent husband to another continent.
>>
>>343539
Then again who knows, it might be some cultivation thing I haven't seen before. You should try savescumming and finding out.
>>
>>343447
That's killing.
>>
>>343167
so how accurate is this to the ACS experience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-DlCdhsIIU
>>
>>342144
Yea yea what's the REAL name though
>>
>>343688
Great Drug Grower Imitation
>>
>>343688
Chinese Sweatshops are Fun for everyone.
>>
>>343688
Root Pulling Emulator.
>>
>>343688
Clunky Dialogue Clicker
>>
How do you heal the damage from the Reformed Lifeblood (the one that damages your heart)?
>>
>>342101
If your luck is high enough you can get some alright items out of it too.
>>343145
Ask somebody else about Yue's mystery, if you get somebody to say 'Yue Qingchou probably knows something about Mysterious Figure' you'll have the evidence needed to ask her and actually get an answer.
>>343855
The one that causes the "Smelting" injury? You don't, it's permanent, you've fucked up your heart and caused yourself constant pain in exchange for power.
>>
How the fuck do I store all these spirit stones

Do I just stick them on the other side of the map in a trade zone
>>
>>344340
You can check the option to sell things in storage spaces.
>>
>>344359
Yeah but my storage spaces are all spirit stones and it makes finding anything a pain in the ass. Is there any way to compress them or something?
>>
>>344360
You'd probably need some increased stack capacity mod if you wanna stack them more.
>>
>>344360
Depends, did you get the Taiyi legacy? Did you reach Golden Core yet?
>>
>>344373
Oh, the universe thing? I forgot about that, thanks.
>>
I read that He Yudao's talisman law can be the strongest artifact using law in the game? Anyone have any idea how that works? Something about inscribing talismans on your soul when you rank up?
>>
>>341966
>Odinesque bargain
explain this meme
>>
>>344400
Not that guy but Odin in several myths performed self sacrifice in order to gain power/knowledge. He gave up his eye to Mimir in order to drink from his well of knowledge, and performed a literal sacrifice of himself, to himself, on the world tree in order to gain knowledge of magic.
>>
File: 145498491984.jpg (57 KB, 481x511)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>cast exploit external pleasures
>gain evil
>cast it again to remove it
>gain evil
>>
>>344415
>and performed a literal sacrifice of himself, to himself

tfw you will never be this based
>>
>>343855
You can't heal it, but you CAN improve your pain resistance to the point where it doesn't actually affect any of the other shit you do. Random chumps attacking you occasionally have laws or manuals for pain resistance. There's also a talisman for that, but the skills are the easier way.
>>
>>344699
however at baseline pain tolerance if you don't heal the heart it will detract from your gc score making it a net loss
>>
>>344710
That varies from cultivator to cultivator. Pain resistance isn't a constant. But yes, it's probably not worth learning until you've got at least couple pre-GC pain resistance manuals written down. Although if those aren't sufficient you can always just take a painkiller before doing the breakthrough. They last five fucking days and will generally provide enough extra to render the heart damage inconsequential.
>>
How does the possession work in terms of gc quality? Does the possessed cultivator just get the same quality as the one that possessed him?
>>
>>344722
yea those extra pain tolerance manuals can be viewed as extra attainment and inspiration costs but after eventually healing the heart having extra pain tolerance is worth it

>>344728
you don't keep your golden core when you possess. you become the target
>>
Are all the laws you can buy from the other sects mostly useless stuff like 3% CHAR for 3 attainment?
>>
How do I get Bane Pills, if the leader of Exultant only likes 1 thing and all quests are "give 200 icecrystal ore for 50 rep"?
>>
Am I missing something with these Metal Pill, Fire Powder, etc. items, or are they really just an infinitely shittier version of heal powder, that's only useful for quests?
>>
>>345406
They're great when they're valued by merchant. You can buy them from sects w/ good relationship and sell them for profit.
>>
>>345362
you farm rep by inviting them to your sect and treating them well
>>
>>345362
You can get a lot of materials by entering a map that produces the material and collecting stacks of the material.
>>
do the devs have a roadmap that we know of? the game is pretty damn decent in its current state but could use some work and I'm excited at future prospects
>>
Is it viable to spam low level pills to level up alchemy? Or is it better to just dump inspiration to level it up?
>>
>>345607
there is no way to level up any of the inner skills through use
>>
>>345613
So why do inners constantly practice artefact mastery and spells.
>>
>>345635
it's just a fancy animation for flavor, practice activities only give inspiration. in fact, magic and artifact mastery skills can not gain experience in any way at all, only levels.
>>
>>345635
i think that is them Practicing for inspiration.
>>
They should introduce pill impurity.
>>
do you want your artifact element to be begetting the law or equivalent to the law?
>>
>>345770
Neither. Artefact Qi is refilled from cultivator qi, so your artefact element should be begotten by whatever law you're using.
>>
File: counteractive.png (162 KB, 569x224)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>345795
are you sure? this wood element artifact should be begotten by the metal law that my artifact crafter has, but on the artifact tooltip it reads counteractive. other readings I've seen is "Equivalent" when law+artifact are the same, or "Connective" when artifact begets the law. I'm just not sure which one is actually desirable, the wordings do not make it clear.
>>
>>345770
>>345795
artifact qi means fuck all. you want power, attack speed, move speed, and rotation speed. you're not shopping for a car, artifacts should be good at killing not fuel economy. lumina core bar swords go on everyone

>>345812
anon where did you get your feng shui training from wood is begotten by water and suppressed by metal. you're doing the opposite
>>
>>345812
ok nvm im retarded, should have taken a second look at the diagram. after properly equipping a water artifact to be begotten by my metal law, it reads "connective" now. so no matter which gets begotten, the law or artifact, it will read connective.
>>
>>345823
>artifact qi

so feng shui of the artifact only affects the qi?
>>
>>345827
qi and nothing else
>>
Can you use pancea pill to survive pills that are supposed to be too high level (for exemple to get a better gc)?
>>
>>345613
With artifact crafting you can generally increase the quality of artifacts by getting the inspiration event while making one though, right?
>>
>>345862
yes there are inspiration events for artifact crafting. relies on luck stat
>>
>send my golden core with high int and per to explore snowfield
>keep getting the event to observe strange beasts and get a bonus from that
>its apparently repeatable

I've already gotten +150% adventure fly speed from this and +something% qi absorption, is there a limit or can i keep repeating this until my cultivators are instant transmission teleporting to adventure locations?
>>
>>345872
limit is 3
>>
>>345886
ah ok. per cultivator or limit of 3 globally?
>>
Do you guys learn all the mental state and qi absorption manuals or just the max qi ones?
>>
>>345950
Mental state is very useful, because it lets youeat more wicked flux. With qi absorbtion there seem to be differing opinions wether it helps you GC or not.
>>
>>345972
Qi absorption definitely helps but I'm just not sure if it's worth the attainment.
>>
>>345950
i learn all the good manuals. inspiration budgeting is a first gold core problem
>>
>>345930
per
>>
How hard are the Sub Spirit tribulations compared to Shapeshifting tribulation?
>>
Can you get more than 1 hint from Yue?
>>
>>346028
number of clues = number of mystery:??? icons in the secrets menu
>>
>get my first prim spirit inner
>try to do the attainment tribulation
>get instakilled

she has 120k qi, max protection, max artifact mastery, a pretty good artifact. do I need way higher cultivation or what am I missing here.
>>
>>346142
Those tribulations are just insane. If your artifact power isn't very high it's better to unequip artifacts, since they drain your qi (I don't know at what point they're worth though).
I managed to survive it on a prim spirit with 224k qi, the defense up equipment from the otherworld dragon, lvl 15 protection, Giant Turtle Shell, Secret Codex of Taiyi and artifact unequipped. (I think it got fairly close, maybe like 30k qi remaining)
>>
>>346201
ok turns out spells are pretty good after unequipping my artifact. my spells with astroflare from True Sun law chunked the tribulation for like 200k out of its 300k total qi. i tried doing another attainment tribulation and got destroyed though, couldnt cope with it now having 650k qi.
>>
>>346327
spells are good. artifacts become stronger than spells only when you take advantage of synergies that stack multiplicatively, at which point they become very much stronger than spells
>>
>breed a nice big chicken farm
>twice a day one of them turns into a monster

jianghu is hell
>>
I think i understand enough of the game to settle and start for good. But i also want to go with the heaven stealing law and make an evil sect, without spoiling too much what are the downsides for being an evil cunt?
>>
>>346873
I don't know all of the consequences, but on is that if you adventure to the hq of good sects they're gonna attack you instead of giving you rep (otherwise you can still do diplomacy though)
>>
File: file.png (3.29 MB, 1920x1080)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB PNG
Poor Ban Yi, went to butcher a dead boar and stopped to do formation for no good fucking reason because he's supposed to do it at night and got his dick torn off by a tiger.
>>
>increases crafting speed
>must be placed in a bedroom
Are spirit relics just worthless?
>>
I used the +20% charisma miracle on my tiger yaoguai and her CHA didn't improve for some reason (stuck at 2.4), why is that?
>>
>>346916
some spirit relics have activation conditions that are logically impossible to satisfy, however they are randomly generated so you're supposed to use your brain and pick and choose. incidentally rooms can have multiple tags, so a bedroom may also be a workshop. note also that when a spirit relic is active the room becomes automatically very auspicious so you can ignore some feng shui rules.
>>
>>346930
that's because your tiger has 0 cha and only reached 2.4 from flat bonuses to cha from thought shards. stat buffs are always a percent increase to base stat so they can never help you if you have base 0 stat, however there is a way to bypass it if you mange to lower the 0 stat and reach negative values. you can then apply a percent based buff to the stat and it will work because you're no longer multiplying by zero
>>
>>346991
Ah, I didn't know base stat worked in a way where it could be 0, while your actual stat is 2.4.
>however there is a way to bypass it if you mange to lower the 0 stat and reach negative values
Wouldn't improving a negative multiplicatively make it lower though? (i.e. +20% on -1 would be -1.2)
>>
>>346999
the way it's done is to use temporary debuffs to lower the stat which then expire and the stat reaches very high positive values. the exact nature of this exploit is not clear to me
>>
>>347001
Hmm, I can imagine it working when your basestat is not 0. The way it would go then is that these miracles imoprove in power when your basestat is low, so the multiplier would be snapshot at a low stat and then when your stat goes back to it's original it's multiplied by a higher multiplier than it's supposed to.
>>
>>346985
>note also that when a spirit relic is active the room becomes automatically very auspicious so you can ignore some feng shui rules
Oh, I didn't know that.
>>
>>347011
i'm talking about negative stats not the soul infection technique
>>
>>343521
get a cat, they have innate bonus to stealth and everything else. cat yaoguai best yaoguai
>>342886
wolves are amazing admins for your cities 20/20 social and 20/23 battle base stats
>>
>train your characters to be super strong
>everything just relies on luck instead of skill
>>
>>347066
just like real life
>>
Yeah i think i'm not ready yet for the gansta life. Got an event to betray my fellow cultivators for some nice loot but over 200 rep, 10 minutes later the sect got destroyed by two op bandits while my leader was away.
>>
>>347066
"Luck is skill" old chinese saying
>>
>>347141
I wonder if the original author meant something like "what we perceive as someone being lucky is often actually a skill/optimizing chances" or something like that and then people just turned it "actually luck and skill are the same, some weird magic that makes people succeed".
>>
How do I get "Mushrooms"? It seems like a very common item, but I have no idea how to actually get them.
>>
>>347141
Skill can be improved. Luck is outside of your control.
>>
Holy shit why does filling internal cauldrons take so long.

>>347164
Grow them in an indoors field.
>>
>>347191
Oh, I totally didn't realize they grew on fields, since I only really use those for wheat and some herbs.
>>
Deliberately using incompatible relics is also great for having a bad fengshui room to harvest anguish gems. Automatically very ominous
>>
>>347349
I just made an empty room out of stone with an ice crystal well inside.
>>
Stop giving me laws I already have, give me Jade already.
>>
At what level of artifact power does it become worth keeping them equipped during tribulations?
>>
>>347062
>get a cat, they have innate bonus to stealth and everything else. cat yaoguai best yaoguai
confirmed never having used a cat
>>
>tell my cultivator to kill an animal that's attacking my buildings
>they throw their artifact at the artifacts of enemy cultivators that are attacking me instead
>>
>>347066
welcome to xianxia, except MC always has perfect luck when it counts. i simulate this in game with absolutely excessive savescumming.
>>
So I got a Shendao law from a casket. Never did a divine cultivator before. Should I teach it to:
The highly charismatic pretty boy who seems to be living a romantic comedy harem life in my sect?
The "psychic child" whose powers were sealed by acupuncture?
The sham fortune teller?
The reincarnation of the seven killing stars?
>>
>>347810
do yourself a favor and read a shendao guide
>>
>>347810
>The highly charismatic pretty boy who seems to be living a romantic comedy harem life in my sect?

im making a harem sect of cute girls that is looking for the chosen one to inherit the harem
>>
>started shapeshift tribulation
>forgot to unequipa artifact
OH SHIT SHIT SHIT
>>
>>347910
I think there's no way for me to save her, fuck. Would it be too much to be able to unequip artifacts after starting a tribulation?
>>
HOW DO I HEAL PEOPLE
I JUST STARTED
THEY WILL NOT HEAL THEMSELVES

HELP ME THEY ARE BECOMING SCARRED UGLY BEINGS
WHY WON'T THEY HEAL THEMSELVES THEY'RE ASSIGNED HEALER AND HAVE MEDICINE BUT I CAN ONLY TELL THEM TO EQUIP SAID MEDICINE THEY DON'T USE IT
ARHRGHH
>>
>>348246
You need to use the feed command with the right medicine.
>>
>>348250
I don't have the feed command on any medicine I see, which medicine is used to heal normal cuts?
>>
>>348275
For normal cuts you just use herbs I think. They should automatically pick up the herbs and apply it to whoever needs it. Maybe they can't heal themselves? Try assigning someone else as healer.
>>
>>348246
different injury types require different medicine. you craft them out of the basic herb with the apothecary work station whatever it's called. if you don't have any in stock the outers won't heal
>>
>>348286
They're all assigned as healers. There's like 80 herbs. I'm lost
>>
>>349141
Has someone already attempted to heal it, and just done really badly?
>>
>>349160
probably
once I got four people instead of 3 it seems like they've started to heal stuff now

Am I supposed to keep a bunch of outer disciples? Should I do their foundation training at all then?
>>
>>349200
>keep a bunch of outer disciples?
Yes. Inners are your noble elites, poet-warriors, budding sorcerer kings. They aren't going to sweep floors, cut wood, or get their hands dirty with any form of mundane labor. They will run all over creation in order to steal lumber, shanks of meat and pocket change, though. It's a weird genre.
Let the outers do their foundation training (maybe cut down on how long you give them each day), in case you later need someone to forcibly level up and do self-harming miracles, though.
>>
>>341972
>It's not a chinese reskin because of it.
Wanna know how I know it's a Chinese reskin?
>>
>start a sect
>carefully look through all the backgrounds of my applicants
>only accept those with main character vibes
>make a few thematic exceptions for head canon rivals
Anyone else do this?
>>
>>349233
For some reason inners still feed pets though.
>>
>>349303
>not accepting people with scumbag vibes to be randomly killed by your mc disciples
>>
why do developers of video games design game systems that result in the optimal strategy involving a tedious or unsatisfying sequence of actions
>>
>>349640
Download enough mods and it's basically fine.
>>
>>349727
you appear to have misread my question. i recommend not replying to my posts ever again.
>>
>>349640
Because they're too dumb to know what's going to be optimal.
>>
>>349640
>why (are human endeavors imperfect)

damn dude i don't know
>>
File: LongDong'sLongDongs.png (1.35 MB, 1399x1141)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>Virgin Physical Cultivator
Remolded thousand times daily Phallus
>Chad Seven-Slaughtering Dongs Law Cultivator
6x Tier 12 own Treasures turned into Artifacts + 1 Heaven-Piercing Phallus
>>
so this game is a shitty rimworld
which is a shitty dwarf fortress
remind me why i should care? can i get chinese social media points by playing?
>>
>>350674
It's shitty rimworld for the first hour or two and then turn into a chink fantasy morrowind leveling exploit simulator.
>>
No idea how to progress in this game.
Playing for the first time.
>>
>>350741
just fuck around, you'll get it eventually
>>
why the fuck IS EVERYTHING FILTHY FUCK
>>
>>350959
Because you haven't made it pretty.
>>
>>351228
shit, I always assumed there were some invisible dirt stains. thank you
>>
People were talking about day 6 gcs before, can you find the taiyi ruins and get the laws before the event pops up at day 20 or so?
>>
>>350674
Well there is gameplay for one
>>
File: 1609485380224.jpg (291 KB, 743x800)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>breakthrough to tier 1 gc and then rushed to primordial
So what now? I feel like there's nothing to do anymore. Gc breakthrough phase was the most enjoyable part and now it's kind of stale.
>>
>>352069
Try to get >500k GC
Raise fox and cover half a map in spirit soil
Raise perfect yaoguai from animal that wandered in
Set up body cultivator and open loot boxes
Prepare to kill bosses
Turn your sect into super effective SS Bows refinery
Grow spirit trees

doing most of that shit at the same time keeps game fun for a couple evenings
>>
How do you get 500k GC? Why base qi sense, t12 earth flux, weather and 150% matching barely got me 300k.
>>
>>351228
>there are metals
>gold isn't one of them
how am I supposed to live up to my tacky xianxia dreams?
>>
>>352290
Use spirit stone.
>>
>>352290
ascend past worldly desires for shinies
>>
>>352417
What's the point of transcending desire for wealth if you don't have wealth to pointedly disdain?
>>
>>349640
to be faithful to the genre
>>
>>350741
Get someone to eat the foundation pill. Now they are a character that matters. Send them to the city near the center of the map and try to recruit suckers for your sect. Have your current batch of suckers build your new prince their own room and the observatory location. Make the room about 4x5 with a doorway facing south, make it out of stone and put an iron/metal bed in it with a stone light source next to the bed. Eventually you'll use better stones and metal but this is fine for now.
When your cultivator comes back from the recruiting drive, send them to camp at Mt. Coppertop and then have them enter, sneak around the place, going north in the western tunnel and south-west in the eastern one. You'll see loose ore, pocket it if there's about 200 in the stack. You can also check out the stats of the mortals in the village to see if there's anyone you want. You want people with really high stats and skills, the most important early on are luck and qi sense.
From there you have until the mysterious cultivator leaves your ass to keep raiding nearby locations for easy resources. Map resources do not respawn, so eventually you'll have to do adventures to get stuff. When he leaves, try to get your cultivator up to core forming, and then see about raising someone else to an inner disciple.
Other important things:
>bookshelves, learn to use them, before long you'll only use them to learn new stuff
>start farming for cotton and wheat early, farm lotus, too if you can
>pastures are only worth it early on for eggs
>workshops should have eastern doors, kitchens have western, entertainment/water jug/dining rooms don't matter, but make sure there's only one
>you can cheat the only one door, rule with an antechamber, just make a super small room, about 4x4, around the door, stick a dining table and a flag in there
>remember, most of your rooms are made of stone, with beds/tables/workbenches made out of metal
>>
What rites do you need to do to make a wish?
>>
If I'm doing a wood element tribulation, do I want a supportive or destructive environment?
>>
>>353772
Destructive. So for wood, put metal-elemental shit in there, but don't put anything you're not willing to lose.
>>
>>353942
Thanks
>>
Wait, does it seems the mount coppertomb map has an inaccessible area? Can awakened beasts spawn there?
>>
Why are chicken yaoguai so shitty?
>>
>>355000
Chickens are so dumb that having a head is sometimes optional.
>>
>>355000
Some yaoguai types seem born to be outers for life.
>>
I just had a blazing feather drop on my map and now everything is burning.
>>
>>356313
I dug a cave and stuck all my feathers back in there until until I could get enough pearls. I'm spammed with messages about a fire but since it's all stone it doesn't do anything .
>>
Help my snake isn't thinking red things.
>>
my computer recognizes this “game” as spyware
>>
>>356505
Maybe you shouldn't download it from chinese torrents.
>>
>>356514
Which of the torrents is white?
>>
>>356521
steam
>>
sorry zhang I don’t give money to commies
>>
>>342424
Funny you mention that. I just started playing 2 days ago and am on my 4th sect. I am currently tip toeing around 3 different core shaping monsters living on my map on day 40 ish after slapping the keypad for a map seed.
>>
Do you constantly worry about the next enemy raid in this like Rimworld, where you spend most of your time dealing with defense?
I want to have a nice peaceful sect with demigods making artifacts or using weather or helpful magic in a nice temple but it sounds like regular attacks or dangerous monsters that keep getting stronger are a thing you need to be constantly dealing with.
Someone said enemies just fly over walls so are you constantly needing to raise combat characters to avoid a gameover?
>>
>>357818
You get a dog, that deals with most threats early on. I don't think there's even any timer you're on, but once your sect gets more reputation, attacks become harder and eventually something your dog cant deal with by himself anymore.
>>
>>357818
I never played much Rimworld because of how much I hated the raids and I've played like a hundred hours of this since the start of December.
>>
>>350674
rimworld sucks
>>
>>357974
Yep.
>>
>>349233
>>349612
Reminds me of Dwarf fortress nobles who would always be up for hauling duty
>>
>>345584
>do the devs have a roadmap that we know of? the game is pretty damn decent in its current state but could use some work and I'm excited at future prospects
No solid roadmap, and yet more updates and features since EA than games with. How do they do it?
>>
>>358748
>yet more updates and features since EA than games with
>>
>>358748
they're certainly not doing it just for the english market, they've got an older following.
someone here might know more but from what i saw, someone made a /v/ thread a day before the english patch/1.00 release came out, and when you looked at the steam page and discussion it became clear the game was in development in chinese a long time already. i mean, with over 1k threads, hundreds of discussion pages and thousands of reviews, 99% in chink since the english patch was in a shitty opt-in beta state or something like that.
it looked like a big thing in china at that point already, so i guess they recognize they've hit an audience so they should support it for a while.
maybe there's a chinese patreon/kickstarter/fundme thing they're on where it doesnt make sense to drop it right away.
but i'm not complaining. they can break my expectations all they want.
>>
>>345584
They'd been putting out updates every three months. I think at one point they wanted to include ghost cultivators and a full on heretical/evil/devilish qi law, but they distracted themselves with the demons, spirit beasts and sentient objects. Body cultivators were a recent addition too, I think?
>>
Are there any mods that change the starting laws?
>>
File: file.png (261 KB, 463x342)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
What the hell does this do?
>>
>>360110
You get two vessels that don't deteoriate after being animated(they can still be killed tough)
>>
>>360429
Oh, I thought those popped out of my pocket universe or something. Thanks.
>>
Bought this game today and it truly is amazing. Tried to wing it with previous rimworld experience.
>build houses, farms and stuff
>suddenly something heavenly something drops from the sky
>looks like a flame icon
>"ooh, it has purple text. This probably makes our dorm look nice"
>place it on pedestal
>room temperature quickly reaches 800 degrees celsius and burns to the ground
>oops
>And the integrated shit posting feature is top tier entertainment
>>
> game gets an update
> nobody talks about it
dead game
>>
>>361754
Is the update out yet?
>>
File: file.png (347 KB, 600x600)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
>>361754
No, regrettably the latest version is still 1.08
>>
>>361941
1.15 is the current version, but it hasn't been repackaged as a standalone release. Either go with the IGG release or look for the thread at the Steam underground community.
The anniversary update with mantles and spirit contracts was announced, but it's not live (Should be tomorrow).
>>
>>361970
>mantles and spirit contracts
Should I ask here, or just find the discord?
>>
>>362044
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/955900/view/2928995526088645393
That's the announcement, not much info about it on the discord.
>>
>>359977
I mean, sort of?
If you're willing to start with less people, you can start with an advanced elemental law. If you're willing to risk yaoguai at the start, you can start with a body law. I've seen a mod that gives Jade Purity as the starter, and there's also modmodifier that lets you just spawn in laws as you wish.
>>
>>362072
Oh those are pretty neat. Bamboo is pointless, but the mantles will be nice to look at for my inners, and having individual beast pets is cool, too. I'll look forward to raising up demon beasts specifically to turn them into mounts.
>>
>>361970
Do not, repeat, do not use IGG. They fuck with executables and have been caught packaging malware, and in addition they doxx other piracy sites to eliminate alternatives.
>>
aaahhh, please give me seven slaughtering law
>>
Am I the only one that manipulates the snow falling animation so it looks stupid? (like just scrolling the screen up and down)
>>
>>362721
>finally find it
>none of my cultivators can receive it
What the FUCK, what did this depend on? I even have one with maxed LUK.
>>
>>363096
Just fight for it then.
>>
>>363103
I don't have a primordial spirit yet.
>>
File: 830[1].png (226 KB, 830x558)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>363096
You need to meet the requirements.
>>
>>363106
Oh, kinda surprised I got the other ones so easily then. It's 4 LUK 7 CON and 7 PER?
>>
Oh no, OH NO, the breakthrough that I thought would form the golden core was actually just the step before that... (should've checked in the steps)
>>
Is fishing worth it for anything besides having extra food during the winter? I've done a little of it, and it doesn't seem super viable. Is there anything really good that I'm missing out on?
>>
so is the update live yet?
cant find a proper pirate version of it
>>
>>363283
Wasn't online when I checked earlier today.
>>
Is there any map where I can collect a couple hundred ice crystal ore?
>>
>>363225
fun
>>
Is there some trick to filling up your inner cauldron, or do you just do whatever you can to make cultivation faster (all the +, learning manuals that increase cultivation speed, eating spirit stones)?
I managed to get my cultivator to 85 minimum mental state, so now they can just permanently cultivate atleast, but it's still pretty slow and blocks the cultivation room.
>>
What's up with these beasts that are insanely stronger than normal cultivator attacks randomly showing up?
>>
>>363582
Demonic Beasts deciding to gift you with some beast blood for your winter farms.
>>
>>363584
When 4 of them show up while my gcs are adventuring I just die though. I prefer getting blood donations from Lushu or Fei.
>>
>>363595
pussy alert
>>
>>363565
How tf does mental state work? I don't get it
Sometimes I assign them to balance mental state and they just keep cultivating and shit at 15 mental state
>>
>>363565
stamina conversion pills, you can take one of each
cultivation rate talismans
potential talismans
sect branch

just set them up a new cultivation room because they're going to be doing it for a while. i'm pretty sure qi density matters more than element matching so you can get away with a basic spiritwood/igneocopper setup
>>
>>363758
looks like eating all three stamina conversion pills can remove an inner's food equilibrium. two is fine, three has both of my core shaping inners running to the kitchen to eat and being hungry again before they've even gotten back to their pillow.
>>
>>363803
Sounds like time for dried meat or fruit. Or one of the several anti-hunger pills that exist.
>>
>>363879
inedia pills solved it, good call
>>
File: Wink.png (264 KB, 440x430)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>363885
Drugs. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
>>
>>363748
Balanced is a balance between training and practice or something like that. To stabilize mental state you have to manually set them to mind. I think at 85 or so, the mental state goes up really slowly, but one thing you can do to start from 100 is deactivating talismans that increase mental state if you have them and then activating them when they increase your mental to 100. (going over is a waste, since it decays really fast)

One annoying thing is that cultivators that visit you always train themselves into a mental breakdown and then blame you for it, so you get less favor than you wanted.
>>
>>363915
>Xianxia sects are really just triads that have gotten too high on magic to bother with mortal money
>>
No way the success rate for spectrer refinement is the 10% it displays. It's closer to 30-50% for me.
>>
>>364060
It's heavily modified by luck and I think negative feng shui.
>>
>>364060
That's base. It doesn't display cultivator luck or object surrounding Fengshui effects.
>>
>>364089
>>364096
Oh, I didn't know those were the things that influence it.
>>
Did anyone make a mod that adds the Age of Wushu OST? It'd fit.
>>
>>364121
i miss age of wushu like you wouldnt believe...
>>
Can you even get red ginseng from Blossomfall? I got regular ginseng like 7 times in a row.
This is realy annoying because the guy that sells red ginseng literally likes nothing in this seed.
>>
>>363954
I read somewhere, something about letting the visitors knock themselves out by locking them in an extreme temperature room (a few soul pearls or beast bloods would probably do the trick), and then feeding them pills until they are happy with you? With the added benefit of robbing them when you do it.
>>
>>364283
did you not get the hundreds of red ginseng from wyvern pool?
>>
>>364416
Wait a second...
What sects area was that in again?
>>
>>364424
Mt. Lucian, Purple Cloud Temple
>>
>>364426
Is there one like that for the purple shrooms aswell?
>>
>>364283
Can you not just grow your own? But the chances of getting rare resources scale pretty sharply contingent on the cultivator adventuring there's luck value.
>>
>>364429
I think there's one in the north eastern part of the world map?
>>
Don't mind me. Just pondering life on my snek
>>
>>364803
Wouldn't it be weird for a Yao Guai to ride a Demon Beast? It'd be like a human on top of a human.
>>
>fire spirit relic is incompatible with every element
>build three different test chambers to double check
>realize i'm testing it with water vats which probably have inherent water qi
>>
>>364862
Master Blaster pulled it off.
>>
Can humans/sentient items shapeshift?
>>
>>364888
>spirit relic is incompatible with every kind of feng shui
>spirit relic is incompatible with all work stations
fine fag i'll just use it to power my death room
>>
I'm on the fence about this one, can anyone sell it to me?
>>
>>365013
Starts like rimworld, ends like Morrowind abusing alchemy to become god but it is supposed to work that way instead of being shitty balance
>>
New to the game, started with a cat cultivator, died to tribulation 30 days later.
Just like my weeb novels.
Should i be eating the formation pill day 1 or i can build a qi foundation gradually?
Eating the pill day 1 feels like cheating
>>
>>365199
you can do it the natural way if you want, i didn't even notice the forming pill until my third game.

your yaoguai should have cultivation timers of like 200+ days especially if you're just starting out
>>
>>365199
If you start with Yaoguai and are new to the game, you should make sure they have long timers, like 200 days on their tribulation.

I'm not sure about what pace of playing the game is the best. I've seen a lot of people talking about getting gcs in 6 days, but when I tried something like that, the timing was nowhere close to that and you only unlock the taiyi laws beside your starting law, which are immensely helpful for forming a after 20 days. For starters just letting them train gradually is definitely fine though. Also if you feel like it's taking too long and already started building a foundation, so forming pill would feel wasteful you can just remove all their work, so they continuously train.
>>
>>365203
>>365206
Thanks, anons.
Finally somebody made a game about building a sect. Why did it took so long anyway?
>>
>>365207
I mean there was already Cultist Simulator?
>>
>>365218
>Cultist Simulator
cult =\= sect
also that dream grind really killed any replay ability for me
>card for dream, card for job, card for new place, card for study, repeat
but playing for the 1st time it was pretty fun dying of depression
>>
File: 1443363792658.jpg (102 KB, 500x368)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>get a couple pills that stall the heavenly tribulation 100+ days
>'cool i can let my snake cultivate his inner cauldron for a while before his GC'
>down to 25 days on his shapeshifting tribulation
>decide to eat one just so i don't forget

o fuck lads
>>
>>365282
w-what happened?
>>
>>365288
They don't affect the shapeshifting timer.
>>
>>365288
heavenly tribulation and shapeshifting tribulation aren't the same thing

gotta do all my prep and my GC breakthrough in the wrong season and my snake's at like 95% anxious and hedonistic to start
>>
>>365296
You can make him adventure to stall the timer.
>>
>>365295
Tbh this felt kinda stupid, when I found it out. It's like the only thing you'd want to use that kind of effect for. (I guess that's probably how it goes in the mythology also?)
>>
>>365299
that's true but he's seven slaughtering and winter just started, i was hoping to get his inner cauldron all the way done

i can still probably hit t1 but fuck i put a lot of work into this snake
>>
>>365303
Well, if you think you can still fill his cauldron and get big in time for the tribulation go for it, if not send him away until his season is there (only disadvantage is that they lose their qi on adventures, so you'll have to munch some spirit stones and/or qi regen pills to be able to break through).
>>
How do you build you base? I cant decide how i want my workshop area to look- one big room with all worktables, or individual rooms for each theme.
Same with barracks vs small room for outers.
>>
>>365310
Feng shui has a big say in that. A Very Auspicious sect is really nice to have.
>>
>>365310
I think for the most part that is down to flavor, though maybe you'd want to split rooms if you have different spirit relics for different workshops.
Also the one for woodcutting is made out of wood and the thing where you smelt always has fire qi, so you could seperate those if you want to optimize feng shui.
>>
>>365318
I actually like to have the smelter, forge, stonemason and woodcutter in the same room for that reason. The first two are best built of earth, and therefore want fire flooring/walls/decorations around them, and the latter two are wood, so want water flooring/walls/decorations surrounding. It doesn't help with the aesthetics a whole lot, admittedly, but putting them in the same room means you're not setting your outer disciples on fire whenever you send them to smelt some iron or freezing them while processing spiritwood.
>>
>>365302
It's useful for stalling out at really powerful levels when the game is trying to make you advance further, but you're benefiting from staying lower.
>>
>>365310
I've tried both ways. I settled on using a big room that houses the workstations that use mostly the same materials (putting a storage for them in the center) and a few smaller rooms off to the side that do the same. My sewing rooms are directly connected to my cotton farms, for example, and before I build my first wonder, I put a storage area around the perimeter of the farm.
>>
>>365420
>putting a storage for them in the center
>sewing rooms are directly connected to my cotton farms
damn, this is smart
>>
File: Best Bud.jpg (46 KB, 320x320)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>365431
Good use of antechambers will let you get away with all sorts of positioning shenanigans, too.
>>
File: 65139632_p0.jpg (70 KB, 600x600)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Am i gonna regret starting on Immortal as a newbie?
>>
>>365502
I think so. There's some information that's not displayed on immortal and generally it's easy to get fucked when you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>365502
Room Feng Shui details and event details aren't shown on immortal. If you want to have your first sect die horribly within the first year, then go with Immortal and Tribulation IX.
Just go with classic and max the difficulty sliders for a basic experience to learn the mechanics. You will miss out on achievements but the details on events and room Feng Shui should give you enough of a clue for future sects on immortal.
>>
>>365520
>>365521
>no feng shui info
what the heck, its like one of the core mechanics
>>
>>365539
You canstill see if a room is auspicious, but it doesn't list the things that influence it.
>>
What does learning speed do?
>>
File: 1523891323672.png (14 KB, 400x321)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>365310
I just drop shit all over the floor. I don't even make workshop rooms.
>>
Is being Hedonistic or Anxious something you should avoid at all cost?
>>
i made Large room and the game keeps calling it ugly even after putting a lot of shit in there. is it because of the materials I used for furniture or something? and yes, i've had my disciples sweep the floor
>>
>>365668
The materials matter for object attractiveness, using higher tier materials makes the object more attractive.
There's also the base attractiveness for an object, which means that some decoration items are better than others from a min-maxing point of view.
The room rating is just the average rating for all objects, a blessed room can be ruined by filling it with crap.
>>
i take it crafting in auspicious room is better than in the open due to bonuses? or there is nothing stopping me to just never build any rooms?
>>
>>365694
Good feng shui makes everything better, except for things which very specifically state they work better in bad feng shui.
>>
>>365697
so thats why stove keeps getting set on fire
>>
>>365703
It is probably among the reasons your stove keeps getting set on fire. Have you disabled the chef job for anyone with Chef less than 10?
>>
>>365706
under 10 is that bad? i usually put guys with ** and 20-30+ on the job
>>
>>365708
I mean I've not tested it in detail, but I generally just go through my outers and disable <10 labours when they show up. Haven't had a kitchen fire in a long time.
>>
Is there a way to lower the Obsession things? Like with hedonism, you don't have to make your cultivator forever unhappy after reaching 90%, right?
>>
>>366012
It drops when mental state is at Pristine.
>>
>>366012
Train Mind more often. Make sure you have a bunch of leisure spots. I think there's talismans to increase gains from recreation, too.
>>
To get a very auspicious sect, do I have to have every room very auspicious or can a few shitty rooms be carried?
>>
>>366415
DO you mean "Cultivated" or is there a higher level after that? "Cultivated" is definitely possible with a death room and some unoptimal ones.
>>
>>366423
I guess I'm assuming it goes to very cultivated.
>>
I've skimmed through the thread and all I got was confused, can someone give a qrd plz.
>>
>>366457
Rimworld but you're also playing Dragonball character training simulator.
>>
>>366460
Rimworld the colony management game or Rimworld the crimes against humanity simulator?
>>
>>366429
I've never seen it, so I imagine it's not worth going for if it exists, since you want a very ominous room for soul gems.
>>
>>366463
both but very heavy on the second

recruiting hundreds of peasants to die in your soul furnace so you can use their suffering as a crafting material and turning pills sentient just before you eat them are both more or less mandatory mid game+
>>
>>366463
Mostly the former, because trap hallways aren't a thing. The main thing you do to raids is you disable them then drag them into your hell room to cook or freeze to death so you can harvest their soul to enhance your Gokus. You also do this to the poor peasants you offered a chance to join your DBZ cult, trick them into the hell room for their souls.
>>
>>366479
I'm sold enough to give it a go, I love creating slave labor camps in over modded rimworld.
>>
>>366484
Yes, your outers (normies) are basically disposable slave labor.
>>
>PS has 70k qi
I don't think I can eat a Sun Pill like this...
Does anyone know at what threshold it kills you? Getting injured isn't a problem since you can just eat spirit powder.
>>
>>365282
snake ended up at 330k, just over 100k qi. cleared his tribulation without issue.

>>366656
80k i think, it's a little under half of the pill's qi
>>
>>366429
Blessed. And it's pretty easy to get, in my experience. You can do that and also maintain a very ominous expiring parlour for anguish gem farming. Most everything else will want to be very auspicious though. I've never bothered with Hell Gates, since you can get enough anguish gems just off of random attackers so long as you're not going nuts on speedrunning.
>>
>>366669
I got her to ~130k qi, but she died from eating the pill. Maybe it's different for t12?
>>
>>366698
yeah probably, the tooltip doesn't change when you refine so it might have been a 400k pill.
>>
>>366700
Must be that, I tried eating a t8 pill instead after forcekilling the game, because fuck that shit and it worked with no issues, didn't even faint.
>>
>>366698
How do you even refine up to T12? I see the chance go to "Insignificant" as soon as it hits T10, so I've just been stopping there.
>>
>>366708
The chance is actually much higher, according to anons in this thread it relies on LCK and Feng Shui, which seems to apply.
>>
>>366708
10 luck and a very bad feng shui room seems to be like ~70% for t8 and ~10% for t12

there's also a 100% success rate mod which i've been thinking about grabbing because of what a huge part of the game specter refining is
>>
>get a nice 250k+ golden core
>realize I forgot junk pill
The result remains the same, so why do I suddenly feel sad?
>>
>>366717
Wait, do you not do it in good feng shui rooms?
>>
>>366719
nope, as bad as you can get it. i'm pretty sure the tooltip even says
>>
>>366725
Did you mod tooltips? The original says fuck all, doesn't even mention Feng Shui.
>>
>>366729
Huh. I could have sworn I saw that somewhere, but you're right, it doesn't say. I know Soul Inquiry and the like do. Must have seen it in a guide somewhere or something.
>>
>>366729
weird
>>
Does spirit refining contracts work?
>>
>>366829
Difficult to say. I tried it out and it didn't increase the stated speed, but after using it, it "felt" faster.
>>
Stored qi seems to affect artifact quality. It even takes longer to refine if there's lots of qi.
>>
>>366878
So I have to build cultivation rooms for my artifacts/weapons?
>>
>>366888
Yes.
>>
>>366895
aint it easier to just make legacy artifacts for everyone?
you can make more than one of those you know
>>
>>366900
I'd heard that long term, you're better off making your own tier 12 ones, and using tribulations to refine them further.
>>
>>366907
>using tribulations to refine them further
Huh, what kind of mechanic is this?
Also is there even a limit for how much qi an object can store or would you get the highest quality weapon by having it accumulate qi for 1000 days or something?
>>
>>366910
Getting highest tier weapons is only really feasible if you have a Myriad Artifacts crafter or a Demi God crafter. The discord mentioned that top tier artifacts have their own restrictions in the code and only those two get the bonuses needed to overcome the restrictions.
>>
>>366921
Even with the hundreds of Artefact Tier Bonus manuals in trash laws? That's a bit shit.
>>
>>366921
>>366941
Well, getting a Myriad Artifact crafter isn't that hard. Once you have a gc you can get all the laws pretty quickly, with the calculation thing.
>>
>>366941
It's a different bonus... something like "grand artifact bonus." Without it you still have a chance to make a top tier one, but it's stupidly small regardless of how much you prep for it. Game is just designed so that you need to get the laws for artifacts and pills to do any of that stuff at a high level.

>>366942
Also true. My luck this run has been bad for MAL but I've gotten literally everything else. Prepping to raise a GC just to spam calculations until I get MAL, soon.
>>
Is there something you can do to speed up the PS breakthrough in MAL or do you just wait until your guy is done being a peasant?
>>
File: tigerridingtiger.png (438 KB, 795x432)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>
>>367221
Will your crimes against nature ever cease?
>>
>die to tribulation
>good thing I prepared that pancea pill
>nothing happens
Does this stupid pill help with any cause of death that can actually occur?
>>
>>367239
It explicitly tells you it doesn't work on people who are dying.
>>
>>367245
Oh, right, but how the HELL is there any point at all then when it's a pill that saves you from dying but can't be used while dying?
>>
>>367253
It'll cure any injury which isn't fatal, if you've not got someone with the "Regrow limbs" miracle yet?
>>
>>367257
Oh, does that miracle work? I can learn that, I'm sure.
>>
>>367257
Does it fix an exploded heart? Cause I got some min-maxing to do...
>>
>>367260
You cannot unexplode a heart. Just learn more pain resistance manuals you pick up from or rip from the dying minds of your enemies, and make sure and take a Painkiller before forming GC if those aren't enough to render it irrelevant.
>>
>>367257
I can't target her with the reconstruction miracle.
>>
>>367253
Rebirth pills are used when people are dying. It will bring them back down to a mortal, but it's better than losing them forever. It also means you'll have to use the stat boosting miracles again, but again, better than losing them entirely.

>>367260
>>367272
Panacea pills do fix exploded hearts.

As long as they're alive, panacea pills should be able to fix anything, at least internal. But if they're dying only a rebirth pill can bring them back.
Also body cultivators can't eat pills at all.
>>
>>367199
Damn, this shit is taking forever. Just let me craft some artifacts man. He easily spent more than a whole season larping as outer so far.
>>
>>367615
>but it's better than losing them forever
Honestly, not it isn't. Resetting them back to mortal makes them essentially indistinguishable from any other Outer you have, it's never really worth it to make a Rebirth Pill unless YOU are personally attached to the character.
>>
>>367624
I mean, you made them an inner because they had good stats right? chances are it's easier to rebirth them than to look for replacement
>>
>>367617
It's a very specific fetish, but you still shouldn't shame him.
>>
>>366696
It must be a threshold thing rather than a proportion thing, I've got like 95% of my buildings at very auspicious and no sign of it but I've been sticking to a pretty modest complex around my starting point. Guess it's time to finally plan a layout.
>>
>some furry invaded my fortress
>bash his head
>dying and unconcious
>put him in bed and treat him just to see what happens
>he woke up
>went straight to the workshops
>stole 1 bar of dark steel
>not the artifacts
>not the talismans
>not even the clothes or medicine i made
>1 fucking darksteel bar
i mean i should've seen this coming but... i think my disciples knocked his head too hard
>>
wait, i didn't notice this the first time but when i tried building a room for with full on fire elements (igneocopper and all), i didn't expect it to actually heat up the room to 100°C
>>
>>368330
water does the opposite as well
>>
>>368330
Yeah, Igneocopper is hot, Icecrystal is cold. You don't need to build the whole room out of Igneocopper for your Earth cultivators though, since pretty much everything has a Feng Shui range of 3, which is what matters. (so you put fire stuff around your cushion and then you can even add an outer layer of spirit wood, since it has higher Qi range than Feng Shui range)
On way to combat the heat gain you'll still have from this fire stuff is building the stands out of icecrystal bars, since they never have an element but still influence room temperature.
>>
If you attach a skill to an item and then learn it again do you get the bonus twice or does the second learning not do anything?
>>
Does refining work on Talismans?
>>
>>369411
That is a really excellent question, to which I have no answer. I should try that.
>>
Wait, I didn't know pancea pill fixed the fucked up heart from reformed lifeblood. That makes it a LOT easier to use.
>>
>>369411
>>369431
Apparently it does, but you need to do the paper before you draw on it.
>>
>>369468
yeah, seems to be like a 50% gain with sacred talismans
>>
>>369642
now i'm wondering if artistry has any input
>>
what's the limit for the amount of cultivators you can have per monastery? I have 4 outers and 2 inners currently but i don't seem like i could have more around. randoms don't pop up to join my sect now either
>>
>>369690
Technically everyone at your sect could be a cultivator. Your overall progress would grind to a halt, but it'd be doable.
>>
>>369916
Addendum: When you start, you can only have 12 units in your sect. That eventually upgrades to 24 and 36 as you get further into the game. You can recruit more units in a couple different ways, including going to towns to try your luck+charm or camping and entering villages in order to directly recruit mortals via the social minigame. Eventually you'll be able to put out a flier and get potential recruits showing up to beg for a chance to join.
>>
I did the tutorial up to when they enemy sect invades (aka right at the start) and apparently combat consists of everyone just flailing around like a drunk spastic?

I couldn't handle it.
>>
>>369929
>combat consists of everyone just flailing around like a drunk spastic flying a kite?
FTFY
>>
>>370269
At higher levels you can fly multiple kites simultaneously.
Or be a Physical Cultivator, not give a shit about kite flying or any of this 'qi barrier' nonsense, and just punch all of the blood out of people.
>>
Is there any overview for what items have what properties when turned into artifacts? (atleast for the best ones)
>>
What's a Founder's Hall?
>>
>>370302
Acupuncture Needles seem to be the meta. They have fairly high power and incredible attacks per second. That said they are also light as shit and will have trouble getting through a cultivator with a decent artifact that can knock the needles back. At which point you're looking at spears or chakrams.
Bracelets are a slightly less DPS version of needles, but are a bit better at the knockback system.

Both needles and bracelets have a low qi setting with a high qi recovery. This works in the favor of needles, since they can chip off enemy artifact qi, tank a full hit, recharge back to full for very little cost, and then get back into combat.
>>
>>370993
I see, thanks.
desu I was kinda hoping swords would be good, since the flavor of throwing 6 telekinetically controlled swords is just way cooler. Maybe and argument could be made for them as a "shock" tactic, if they have a stronger knockback? Though it seems usually cultivators just chase the enemy artifacts, even when their user is wide open anyways.
I'll probably just keep using them for rp > efficiency anways though
>>
>>370993
Oh, also do you know about what materials are preferred? In the tribulation guide I read about Ice Essence Bars and Luminal Core Bars, so probably those?
>>
>>371037
Yeah those two. Ice Essence seems to increase attacks per second while lowering max qi which is again, technically a good thing. If they tank an enemy hit for 1000 damage while only have 50 qi, then 950 of that damage is completely useless. Lumina Core Bars also worked out to be pretty strong, I forget the specifics, but they appeared to be more for power vs speed, which worked out to less impressive DPS but I believe were more capable in the knockback system.

In a sense you want the artifact to be fed by the cultivator's element. But if the cultivator is a main combatant, then you instead want them to have the best weapon possible. Luckily, the main artifact fighters are Earth and Metal aligned, so Ice Essence and Lumina Bars work out, regardless.
>>
>>371028
If it helps you, the real meta is overwhelming numbers. Having more artifacts in a fight is such a massive advantage that you can just drown out a lot of enemies with pure numbers.
>>
>>370953
Seems to be a room with an ancestral shrine
>>
>>370993
>>371064
>needles
https://youtu.be/krSxTXno4SU?t=93
>>
>craft legacy artifact
>power is lower than some I already crafted
>qi capacity is more than twice as much
>>
>>371741
There's a moral in this, somewhere...
>>
>>371757
Maybe "If you think you're making a positive stat, make sure its effects are actually positive".
>>
>craft artifact from t9 darksteel sword
>somehow some end up as t12 artifacts with 140-160 power
>upgrade my wonder talisman before daring to craft from my t12 lumina core sword
>still just get a t9 artifact with <100 power
In the end all plans are damned to fail I guess...
>>
>>371771
how is higher qi bad? It means it can fight longer before recharging
>>
>>372208
It makes the Artifact absorb more damage and consequently drain more of the cultivators qi for recharging, most importantly it makes your cultivator sudoku during tribulations, that draing all qi from the relic, no matter how much and thus drain your qi quicker.
>>
>>371352
>swords
https://youtu.be/1muOeJ4fBps?t=203
>>
is there a good way to lower the temperature for the rooms without fucking up the feng shui? i kinda hate getting the ratings knocked down to regular auspicious from very and potentially destroying the elemental balance of the room. the room's for the fire inner disciple btw
>>
>>341952
How viable is it to play this game completely blind? I don't like looking up guides or relying on advice.
>>
>>342084
Metal only ever seems to go to plus five for me when there's a weather effect like rain blocking the moon at night, I haven't played on immortal though.
>>
>>372646
Yes, for Feng Shui, only buildings that are feng shui nodes matter, so you can place your cold items out of range of those nodes. you can also just build the stands that you're putting your hot items on out of icecrystal bars, since those stands don't impact Feng Shui.
>>
>>372671
You're not going to win on your first play, but it's a lot of fun discovering the game by yourself. Eventually you'll definitely encounter questions you can't find out yourself (without tons of trial and error I guess), so you'll need some help.
>>
Ok big talk now.
How about we make weapons useful somehow. For example for body cultivators, cause right now nobody ever uses them.

you hunt with bows
other weapons? why do they exist?
>>
also, is there ANY way you can make body cultivator eat a pill, not devour it? Am thinking for example life extension, stat boosting onec etc.

there was a body cult guide around here somewhere...
>>
>>373196
Short answer, "Do it before you promote them".
>>
I wasn't expecting golden core to be the mechanical center of the game. Primeval is empty by comparison.
>>
>>373218
so there aint...
also no way to rebirth a body cultivator... they also cant use talismans and ride on beasts...
this feels lacking
>>
Can anything be done for a Yaoguai that failed the shapeshift tribulation. Do I just have to put it down.
>>
>>373715
You get extreme power spikes from Sub Spirits and extra artifacts.

>>373830
Only tears at that point. My condolences anon
>>
>>373856
still dont get how to get a power spike out of a sub spirit.
seems fairly minor to me
>>
>>373925
I'm not really proficient at them myself, but they allow you to lower your attainment to stack more artifact power and for example in seven slaughtering law you can use sub spirits to put the one skill that gives you an extra artifact into your equipment and then learn the one that's normally mutually exclusive to get another extra artifact.
>>
File: file.png (500 KB, 414x566)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>doing a gc breakthrough
>midway through the wall turns sentient and wanders off
>>
>>374239
I just hate it when that happens
>>
Just saw a sub 10k qi primordial spirit merchant.
>>
>>374290
That's what happens when you dedicate yourself to dosh instead of the dao.
>>
any good way to increase max Qi before going Golden Core? one of my Inners are at 2k but that's depressingly low atm
>>
Anyone feel like going into detail for me if this is a good game or not?
I hear it's "like Rimworld", but I've never played Rimworld or especially wanted to play it as I wasn't interested in the space colonist theme, however I've loved cultivation novels for the last 5 years or so since the original Stellar Transformations translation was ongoing, so now you have my attention.

What's it like? How does it go? How well does it stick to the cultivation theme etc?
>>
>>374407
Oh yeah, and how likely is this to get a sale in the next Steam sale of like 25%? I'm in no rush as I've another 2 or 3 games to play through before getting to this one if I bought it, but I dunno if the 10% is good or if I should hold off for 25%.
>>
>>374365
earth flux, wicked flux, purple tier junk pill, red ginseng, ganoderma, learning +qi skills from other inners, cultivating their inner cauldron but that's for later in the game. if you have two other inners you can do a cultivation sect branch if you've unlocked that yet.

>>374407
just pirate it and find out, dude.
>>
>>374412
>just pirate it and find out, dude.
I'm a hardcore anti-pirate. I've pirated games I didn't own maybe twice ever since the 90s and felt bad about it both times.
>>
>>374414
it's pretty selfish to demand that someone take their time to explain the game in detail to you because finding out for yourself would make you feel bad, imo
>>
>>374416
>Anyone feel like
>demand that someone
Anon, we have very different takes on the English language it seems.
>>
>>374423
ask, whatever. you've got the ability to do it for yourself.
>>
File: 1474601731487.png (972 KB, 784x720)
972 KB
972 KB PNG
>>374414
>I'm a hardcore anti-pirate
>>
>>374407
>What's it like? How does it go? How well does it stick to the cultivation theme etc?
Pretty well. The Rimworld-style colony building/survival is only a small part of the game. It's mostly about looting cultivation resources and investing in increasingly complex systems to optimize your cultivator's magical powers.
>>
>>374239
Can you not freeze him before he walks off?
That's hillarious though.
>>
>>374430
>The pirate likes the worst girl
As expected.

>>374441
Sounds pretty neat, that's actually roughly what I was hoping for by the sounds of it. Thanks my man, it's appreciated.
>>
>max LCK
>very ominous room
>specter refinement fails 7 times in a row on t9 item
>>
Can you refine the clothes you get from the otherworld dragon to improve their bonuses?
>>
>>374618
There's a reason one of the most popular mods is 100% talisman redraw and 100% specter refining success
>>
>>374639
But that's cheating...
Why would you do the talisman redraw anyways? That's not actually based on rng.
>>
>>374649
Because I already drew all those fucking things last game
>>
>>374656
It doesn't make you redraw them if you've done it before though? You only need to draw a talisman once, and it's remembered.
>>
>>374664
I played on a pirated copy for a while before buying
>>
>>374667
Buyfags win again!
>>
What the hell the artifacts I've crafted from t12 weapons have all been kind of sub-par or even below average, doesn't even feel worth using your soul gems for that if you're not playing with hell gate.
>>
I feel like it would be nice if progressing the main story gave your some kinds of rewards regularily. Would make the terrible dialgue clicking more bearable.
>>
WTF, nobody in this sect knows anyhting about each other, what a terrible minigame.
>>
Is there any way to get rid of anxieties after they appear? (wasn't paying close enough attention to my cultivators filling up their cauldron)
>>
>>375170
Divine cultivators can do it.
>>
>>373823
>murder-punch-gods
>lacking
Look, I know it feels dissappointing that they are only there to be your thugs. But that's just how it is.

>>373925
One of the things you can do, I believe, is to stick Meditation onto a piece of gear and loan it off to a low tier character to burn their lifespan away in order to get a big furnace bonus.
You could also, right before you ascend your Primordial Souls, slap their biggest stat benefit talents onto equipment and loan that out to other characters as well. That way your future generation characters get to double dip on passive buffs.

>>375170
Shendao cultivators can do it, but they are a huge time investment.
>>
>>375176
>>375183
Guess I'll have to live with it then. Atleast it increases my artifact power.
>>
How the hell do i get yaoguai essence?
Tried eating everything i could and nothing
>>
>>375446
Pig demon meat, soul cores... I think beast blood and demon hide will do it, too?
>>
File: 1553619579235.png (32 KB, 164x200)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>spend more time re rolling starter group than playing the game
help..
>>
>>375543
What are you trying to get in your starter group?
>>
>>375548
a miracle crafter
a max social max qi sence first inner
and fun traits the rest
>>
>>375623
Why max Social? It's not like that isn't super fast training.
>>
Can someone explain to me the intelligence shard/awakening system?
>>
Thinking about getting this game tonight. What are the pros and cons of this game?
>>
>>376240
aids
aids
>>
>>376183
get three of a thought, think it to produce a thought shard
get a thought shard of each color, turn it into an intelligence shard
get 3+ intelligence shards and awaken

thinking clears all your thoughts that haven't been memorized
memorized thoughts and thought shards only persist for a certain number of thinkings
turning thought shards into an intelligence shard is not a thinking
you can order the animal to sniff things to manually generate thoughts but it can only have one of each kind of thought generated that way at a time
only one of each kind of thought shard has an effect, you can have duplicates but the second one does nothing but fill the slot

mood wildly influences thought generation rate, you absolutely want +++++ so stick the animal in a pasture that does that and then fill the pasture with stuff you want them to sniff. it doesn't increase their chance of generating a thought, i'm pretty sure it's just a can/can not check and then there's a probability that you can't influence
>>
>>376240
There's a lot of weird shit to learn as you go
There's a lot of weird shit to learn as you go
>>
>>375543
Make/look up reincarnators and use them instead.
>>
How do I get Spirit Soul Gems?
>>
>>376510
I believe it's from using the soul gem extracty miracle on some dying enemy in a Very Auspicious room, but don't quote me on that. Haven't found a need to generate any past the few I've gotten from merchants so far.
>>
>>376514
I think that gives serenity soul gem, no?
>>
You can farm soul gems very slowly by feeding spirit roots corpses.
>>
>>376548
How do I get spirit roots?
>>
>>376591
By planting and cultivating a spirit fruit.
>>
>>376591
There's a variety lying around the world in various locations. The easiest to grow is probably the metal one, since that wants earth qi and fairly mild temperature adjustment. The Crimson Fruit's also not too bad, since spiritwood is easy to get, although it does also want to be in a 200C+ room, so you need to build EVERYTHING out of spiritwood or it will catch fire immediately.
>>
>>375446
Move all the corpses of yaoguai attackers next to your body cultivator while he's breathing.
>>
>plant spirit root
>2 polar nights in a row
Oh well, I can still feed them atleast.
>>
How much attunement do you need to illuminate something?
>>
Everything seems to ignore collision in this game, all the vids I’ve seen are of a dragon flying around roasting a dojo while a bunch of furries have a rave.
>>
New to the game. How I do I build foundation in my outer? Is it a smart plan to rush foundation on one character early on to get a cultivator asap
>>
>>376952
You start with a foundation forming pill that will auto fill it. Ginseng and ganoderma boost foundation quickly, so do gall bladders from snakes and bears. Otherwise you can open up the cultivation card of a character, set them to train hard, and remove all of their other work.
You should get an inner as quickly as possible, because they are your primary source of material wealth and combat ability in the game, and are also largely responsible for bolstering your sect's numbers early on.
>>
Is there a trick to inviting people to your sect without them training themselves into a breakdown and leaving a one star review?
>>
>>377021
Lock them in a room with a soul pearl or a beast blood. Let them pass out, feed them a happy pill. Take this opportunity to rob them if you wish.
There's no other way to keep them content, because they rarely decide to train their mind.
>>
File: 1429053636978.png (72 KB, 581x534)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>377027
>date-raping a good review out of your guests

Yeah alright

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.