[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 128 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

hey hey people
>>
>>338893
i don't mind him. sure he's an eceleb now, but his opinions seem sincere, although it helps that he mostly reviews games he enjoys, good or bad. i actually liked when he "broke down" during the might and magic 6 review, and been watching him ever since. at least he makes people play decent games.
>>
Oh a new video I see.
>>
>>338893
>hes a comedian
lobby hiromoot for a comedy board and post it there then
>his reviews arnt 100% in depth or serious
you've answered your own question
>>
>>338898
this isnt my thread, dumbass
>>
>>338894
ive been watching since his his majesty video. I mainly watch him because he gets a laugh outta me and hes pretty honest with his opinions
>>
>>338893
funny guy, cancerous fanbase but that's what you get when you hit it big on youtube
>>
File: fun.png (48 KB, 209x118)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>338893
He makes fun reviews you shouldn't take seriously and can introduce me to new things I want but anything I know about beforehand makes it unenjoyable because his hot takes are for entertainment, not accuracy.
I like that he makes British references a lot which is something I miss about Yahtzee but Zero Punctuation has bigger problems than not pandering to my ethnicity.
Editing and voice (or whoever's voice he pays for) are A+.

I also thought he'd be too /pol/ for my "basedboi" friend who thinks reddit is too "Rightist" but he likes Seth too.
>>
The only thing he's serious about is video games, and even then only the experience, not whether the video games are good or not. I'd like to see him play some more weird Asian games like Killer7.

>>338930
/pol/ is the most serious board on 4chan, which is the problem. There are people who base their entire worldview around what /pol/ shows them. Someone with common sense isn't going to insert that into their dumb fun video game review. There's a difference between personality in front of a microphone and worldview.
>>
>>338930
>friend who thinks reddit is too "Rightist"
what
>>
>>338960
Maybe he's a hardline Stalinist, though he wouldn't be a basedboy then.
>>
>>338960
either a tankie or a SJW who hates fedora redditors would be my guesses
>>
>>338889
>eceleb thread
fuck off
>>
>>338966
he made a review about pharaoh. do you like that game?
>>
>>338893
eceleb faggots are as a rule, cancer along with the people that shill them
>>
>>338986
I watched him before he was an eceleb
am I just supposed to unsubscribe just because he became famous? His content hasnt gotten worse, so I dont see a reason to
>>
>>338960
Sort of what >>338965 said.
Without trying to blog, he's that girly girl stereotype (no risqué jokes or swearing, "asexual", personality quizzes) but in a man's body so has white, male and rich guilt complexes.
He thinks Left = Good/People, Right = Evil/Power/Hierarchy/Admins/Police/Gov.
He's a temporarily embarrassed blue collar (he's always been a white collar programmer and hates his lazy co-workers but believes in working class superiority).

So why Seth's Jew jokes don't provoke a philosophical crisis over flagging the videos because he said a no no and not flagging the videos because moderation is power and power is abuse, I don't know.
Also the word filter might have fucked my first post.
>>338951
>/pol/ is the most serious board on 4chan, which is the problem.
Seth's shitposts are /pol/ish and not many people can differentiate shitposts from reality.
>>
>>338893
He's introduced me to some great games and has some of the funniest shit I've ever seen. Completely subjective perfect score.
>>
>>339016
Isn't he a jew, jews are allowed to make self-deprecating jokes.
>>
>>338893
Generally speaking there is one autist who really, really hates him. The mere mention of his name can set him off in certain game threads. Beyond that DF community doesn't like him because he isn't using gameplay footage he made himself and takes credit for the stories, he means it when he says he'll make videos for money and is backed by the merchants guild. The one game series he is serious about is Might and Magic.

The fans who like him the most are, Latinos, because he gives them a shout out for bypassing your own currency prices.
>>
>>339023
>The fans who like him the most are, Latinos
I could have guessed this just based on what I know about /pol/
>>
>>339023
Ive actually never heard of sseth stealing df stories. Its been a while since ive seen that video, but what did he steal? did he claim credit?
>>
>>339027
Kruggsmash and some other youtubers called him out on using their footage.
>>
>>339029
was it just the footage? Or the stories too?
Has sseth made a comment on it?
>>
>>338893
I like him, truthfully speaking. He's not obnoxious, his jokes are usually in character with everything he's reviewing, he isn't obnoxiously biased or trying to pander to one specific group (even though he uses /v/ memes like candy), and it's fun to see him review games with a large amount of autism placed into the actual gameplay components (That whole Caves of Qud review was basically roguelike sperging in detail) rather than just mentioning the most surface-level details of gameplay and going on to talk about story and graphics.
>>
>>338893
I like him because caters to my kind of humour, at least most of the time.
>>
>>338893
an actual kike who makes money off semi-enlightened goyim with his constant "dog-whistle" of the kikes. It's the same like Sacha Baron Cohen would make fun of Israel. His reviews are never to be taken seriously and and that's that.
>>
Anyone gonna talk about the game itself?
>>
>>339052
>It's the same like Sacha Baron Cohen would make fun of Israel. His reviews are never to be taken seriously and and that's that.
He doesn't though. All of Cohen's "comedy" is about non-jewish stereotypes.
>>
>>339072
I think im gonna buy children of the nile, as ive heard its a good pharoh successor
>>
>>338930
>that pic
I wasn't shocked to find that Sseth is friends with Mandy and IH, but I was legit flabbergasted to find out he's friends with Ken Ashcorp.
>>
Pharoah is pretty rad. It's like Caesar 3 and 4. Kind of along the lines of SimCity 2000 / Cities: skylines. Sim Tower, too. Similar to the Rollercoaster tycoon games as well. The retro look of it is fun cause it is a 3/4 angle perspective. It's real fun to play
>>
File: raptor jesus.png (159 KB, 500x497)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>338893
Remember me, fags?
>>
File: felinid vote.png (359 KB, 644x472)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>339023
>Beyond that DF community doesn't like him because he isn't using gameplay footage he made himself and takes credit for the stories
And here I thought he was using artistic licence like his fictional SS13 video.
>>
>>339000
quads of truth. just cuz the fanbase is cancerous doesnt mean that the thing itself is cancerous.
>>
>>339080
He was for a long time. I think that Ken even appeared in one of his videos from 2012, when they were reading forum posts, or something like that
>>
>>338893
He's fun and I enjoy his videos.
>>
>>338889
Great, now all the retards will start pretending that the games are ruined and we need to hate them.
>>
I have to go clear across the CITY with these goods! It'll take all day.
>>
>>338964
He'd certainly be based though
>>
File: d76.jpg (43 KB, 480x479)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
i absolutely love the game and fully accept all the retard mechanics it has.
I would restrict anyone from learning about it online tho, because there is only one meta everyone follows and its more fun to just mess around and make mistakes yourself.
The music is an absolute banger aswell. https://youtu.be/FAT2XCdIsVU
>>
What do you think about upcoming remaster? Seems like their main goal is a "proper" depiction.
>>
What is this shit, they should've vent with what aoe2 team did and try to remaster it faithfully to the original, i.e baking 3d models in to 2d sprites. But no, paying your average deviant art furry artist to redraw it is much cheaper.
>>
File: barbossa_heh.png (268 KB, 349x349)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
>>339371
>>339378
Microsoft wins again. AoE 2 will forever go down as the best remaster.
>>
File: homm3.png (3.07 MB, 1920x1080)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB PNG
>>339378
Same energy
>>
>>339401
Please don't remind me of that blunder.
>>
>>339346
>only one meta everyone follows
Making slums for your industrial zones?
>>
>>339401
what's wrong with this exactly?
>>
>>339408
original doesnt look like this
>>
File: ubisoft.png (335 KB, 242x945)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>339408
>>
>>339407
firstly you only need one building to access the working force pull and i dont wanna talk about that as it ruins the immersion in my opinion. Pharaoh should be played for the feel, not for the optimal meta.
>>
>>339146
I believe he has a video with Ken of them reading the rules to some coomer pnp rpg
>>
File: based.jpg (51 KB, 894x664)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>339411
kek
>>
Do you think Nebuchadnezzar will be as good as Caesar?
>>
>>339022
Ugandan, but descent from Ethiopian expats who claim descent from Solomon.
100% Jew, would be involuntarily sterilized in Israel.
>>
>>339072
already played both games, nothing to talk about
>>
>>338893
I want him to review Dominions to see what kind of retarded shenanigans he gets up to in it
>>
>>339426
>what kind of retarded shenanigans he gets up to in it
the one he steals from 4chan and reddit
>>
>>339022
>>339419
Dude is Russian jew who moves around a lot i think, on one of the old removed videos (the lion king one) he says how in 90s Russia his mom got him that game for his first pc.
>>
>>338974
I don't see any talk about Pharaoh just eceleb faggotry.
>>
>>339418
i added it to the wish list but dont have high hopes
>>
>>339433
way to kill the joke mate.
>>
File: anime_girl_aroused.jpg (31 KB, 400x400)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>338966
>>339434
Your saltiness about ecelebs is arousing. Makes want to discuss them even more.
>>
Pharaoh is in my top of the best videogame soundtracks, together with homm3 and stronghold
https://youtu.be/MBypz1v5IPQ?t=4001
https://youtu.be/9lQTbRY2xWY
https://youtu.be/MnDJOm1J_Vk
They truly capture and extend the atmosphere and without them these games wouldnt be the same.
>>
>>339146
>>339414
That's even stranger that they are long-time friends and I couldn't tell you why. On a side note what's you guys' favorite Ken Ashcorp song?
>>
>>339427
Were all his DF stories stolen from elsewhere? That sucks if true
>>
>>339022
He's a Ashkenazi Jew, in one of his deleted videos he showed some childhood photos
>>
If my memory doesn't fail me, can't you not tax ghetto buildings on any difficulty but the easy difficulty? That means Sseth plays on EASY-MODO
>>
File: 4chanmedieval.jpg (305 KB, 900x675)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>339371
>>
File: smug_girl.jpg (37 KB, 640x527)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>339486
Just call him a plebbitor, post a smug anime reaction and tell him to kill himself.
>>
>>339529
NANI? EASY MODO?
>>
>>339527
The video that you are talking about is his Might & Magic 6 review. He also said his full backstory(the real one, not the african warlord one) in one of his streams, wich is archived here :
https://youtu.be/bKdg2CGUa48
>>
>>339511
yes
>>
>>339529
>That means Sseth plays on EASY-MODO
explains why he couldn't beat Lobotomy Corporation, since that game doesn't give you different difficulty options
>>
>>339529
You're gonna tax them if you don't build a tax collector near them.
>>
>>339571
not
>>
>>339511
so were the ss13 ones.
>>
>>339023
>Generally speaking there is one autist who really, really hates him. The mere mention of his name can set him off in certain game threads.
hey hey people, seethe here
>>
File: chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250)
993 KB
993 KB GIF
>>339601
>>
File: 1580268598039.jpg (23 KB, 302x378)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>339401
UBISOFT!!!!!
>>
>>339072
Sure. It's a great city builder that still stands up today IMO, other than the military system which seems to be just boot strapped to it for.... reasons. But it rarely comes up in games that I've played. It's also still visually gorgeous with goo art direction and vibrant colors.
>>
>>339407
Meta is a specific building block. Once you know it and spam it, pretty much all creativity is removed
I saw another thing that was much more efficient and depended on a bug, but it doesn't seem people do it
>>
File: pharaoh game.png (3.12 MB, 1920x1080)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB PNG
>>338889
funny video
Emperor is still better though
>>
>>339529
but he mentions and shows how he doesn't tax the ghettos, i think crime is barely an issue on the lower difficulties

>>339569
maybe he just isnt brain damaged enough to get fished in by botttom of the barrel garbage
>>
File: 1442645692.jpg (47 KB, 495x495)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>338905
ive been watching him since his days of mlg videos without speaking
its been way too long...
>>
>>339686
>he's too smart to be good at videogames
>>
>>338889
Bless the african warlord.
>>
>>338930
Wait a second, he's a br*t?
>>
>>339371
everyone in this is black now haha
no thanks
>>
>>339408
They just took the old models from the campaign map, which were always just tiny symbols on the map and compared them to their new "polished" look on the battlefield. They're not even comparing the right things.
>>
>>339601
kek
>>
Guy promotes two of the best video games of all time to a new audience and you fuckers can't be anything but salty.

>>339686
You can not tax your shithole ghettos by not building tax collectors near them. A walker has to pass them to actually collect. There's no reason to do it anyways they don't pay shit.
>>
>>339072
i actually played Caesar 3 instead because i want to get back in it after quitting it for a while. call me a scrub but playing Emperor might have spoiled me a lot since it doesn't make you juggle between appeasing gods every 2 seconds while not let your city tumble down to the ground while having a bit more complex system for water distribution. though it might be that it was my first Impressions games city builder and i loved ancient china as a setting the most out of the 4 series they've made
>>
>>340124
I grew up playing Pharaoh and got completely sucked by Caesar 3, I don't think it's just you
>>
Bros, been playing Zeus and it’s been a blast. Ive got a big interest in ancient Egypt and Rome as well - How does Caesar III and Pharoah compare to Zeus? Is it a big step back?
>>
File: 1603769911844.jpg (43 KB, 480x360)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Hey hey people. Ssseth here.
Have you ever wanted to manage an office that generates electrical power by bullying old women?
Welcome to Lobotomy Corporation. This is a game created by Chinese subway sandwich creators, who hired retarded apes to translate the game into English.
In this game, you gather energy by interacting with strange beings called Abnormalities. The Abnormalities are always hungry and you mostly get energy by sending office workers to their deaths as food for the Abnormalities. Each section of the office lets you control 5 of the human chicken tenders who can customize before sending them into the mouth of an evil baby who makes the most horrible noise that I've ever heard in a video game.
Your office is also filled with clerks, worthless slaves who seem to have no purpose other than being breeding stock for monsters so erotic that they can't even be represented without a censor bar.
>>
>>340088
>There's no reason to do it anyways
Taxing the poor is fun though.
>>
>>340139
pharoah's arguably the greatest of the lot; at the very least, it's the most talked about. can't speak to CIII though. Try it out! They're releasing a remaster for it soon too, re-recorded the same tracks, which i'm glad about. the fact that they re-vamped but aren't changing the sound track is great, 'cos it has one of the best vidja OSTs, at least of any strat game. hoping they added a toggle switch for graphics/music, like streets of rage IV or grim fandango did, just so you can see and interact with the contrast in real time.
>>
>>339697
>no plow 360 crop rotation
Good times.
>>
>>339944
How can you not pick up on that?
He references benefits and Greggs. Americans don't know what either of those are.
>>
>>340088
>Guy promotes two of the best video games of all time to a new audience and you fuckers can't be anything but salty.
What do you expect? Majority here are underaged coomer zoomers larping as master strategists.
>>
>>339592
I care.
I also care about you.
Come back to bed.
>>
>>340088
>Guy promotes two of the best video games of all time to a new audience and you fuckers can't be anything but salty
KYS
>>
keyed game
>>
>>340003
>>340076
>>340287
This is the shitiest flamewar that I've ever seen. Stop shitting the board. Both of you
>>
>>340139
Pharaoh is the only city builder where building monuments actually feels like it.
>>
>>339079
report back and bake a bread once you've put some decent hours into it; i'd love to know if it's any good.
>>
>>340337
Its just a shame that it takes forever to build the larger ones even if things are optimized.
>>
>>340414
Yes, that is the point.
>>
>>340434
I know it helps give everything a sense of scale and grandeur, but it still feels like it takes too long.
>>
>Somali warlord triggers the jannies THIS hard

Rimmy is better anyway :)
>>
>>340435
Building a 100+ m tall pyramid with primitive tools will take a decade or two, what do you expect, anon?
>>
>>340139
>Is it a big step back?
Quite the opposite. Zeus is probably the weakest entry in the series. The only real downside of playing Caesar 3 in particular is that there are no roadblocks but there is a mod floating around that adds them.
>>
>>340634
Wait I only ever played Emperor, how do you even play these games without roadblocks?
>>
>>340619
He is actually from Congo, not Somalia
>>
>>339944
his accent comes through in his older videos. i though he was australian at first.
>>
Caesar, Pharaoh, Emperor are largely the same game. You pick each one based on you personal interest in the culture they are portraying. I for example have no interest in china therefor i wont play emperor no matter how better it is than pharaoh.
>>
i have little interest in ancient egypt and a lot in ancient china and still vastly prefer pharaoh
>>
>>340619
Discount soviet womble is okay when he's not screeching like an excited baboon.
>>
>>340677
That's true on surface level, but it's more a case of the formula becoming more refined with each game. Also it's not like games don't gave specific features. For Emperor it would be Feng Shui, how differently their "pantheon" works, etc.
>>
>>340669
You typically cut off roads from your walkers with buildings to force them to go where you want. Your city won't be fully connected by a road but at least people will go where you want them to.
>>
>>340625
I know its historically accurate, but that doesn't mean that it can't detract from the game play.
>>
>>339490
I like PvP a lot, I even downloaded it to my phone
>>
File: 26PRINCEEGYPT1-jumbo.jpg (117 KB, 1024x618)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>339378
I like it. Reminds me of.
>>
>>340721
>historically accurate
Egyptians used advanced sound resonating metal to cleanly cut the blocks up, used some sort of hover device to move the blocks, and some Pyramids have remnants of melted stone from plasma weapons.
>>
>>339391
aoe2 chads cant stop winning
>>
>>339391
What an odd timeline we live in where AoE2 is the last remaining good RTS in development.
>>
File: scr-1.jpg (65 KB, 1161x687)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>341170
notice the difference
>>
>>341397
and from pharaoh remake
>>
>>341398
It's like all the grit got removed.
>>
>>338951
>The only thing he's serious about is video games
Not quite.
If you've ever heard him talk about immunology or oncology, he's dead serious when discussing medicine (though not particularly surprising since he's an immunologist).
>>
>>340669
Gatehouses are functionally roadblocks, just bigger and uglier.

Personally in C3 I follow a 'loop' design. Large circles of road with no branches except for gatehouses which gate off roads that connect the loops. Connect industrial areas to 'close enough' to loops to get labor access and you can avoid labor ghettos.

It's not quite as aesthetic but it's very effective.
>>
>>339490
On The Rocks is legitimately his best work. That or I'm Your Slave.
>>
Emperor Rise of the Middle kingdom is better in almost every way. Gates are a fucking lifesaver. Common and Luxury housing being two separate things makes a lot more sense.
>>
>>340676
>>339944
>>340262
>brit
>can't make a proper th sound
What are you smoking
>>
File: disgust (2).jpg (17 KB, 427x190)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>339643
>>
>>341398
It's disgusting how WE WUZ the remake is turning out to be when the original is pretty much peak as far as accuracy goes.
>>
>>342303
Just look at the portfolio of this dev, there's no hope. Stick to the original.
>>
>>342319
The company or a person?
>>
>>342320
Company.
>>
>>340414
It sure took me hours to build those on my oldest PC, even on the fastest setting. Today any computer can make the walkers run at ludicrous speed.
>>
>>342303
Even the manual of the original was glorious.
>>
>>339378
im a lot more disappointed that they dropped the Papyrus print for the title with something even more generic
>>
>>339944
briish, formerly polish
>>
Who even needs a remake? The original is still beautiful and works fine on my Mac (wih wineskin).
>>
>>339944
worse, Jewish
>>
>>341211
Bizarro world desu
>>
His review for ES2 attracted coomer brains. I wonder how many got into the game, tried it, then got bullied by pirates to uninstall. Or they had Lumeris cuck them out of systems.
>>
>>347454
My GOG version gets really fucky with Win10. Without a Voodoo wrapper I can forget about launching this game. And even then it's finnicky as fuck.
>>
Hey Hey people, Seth here. Today I'll be pressure cooking my fat greasy nuts in a waffle iron because my wifes boyfriend said I was being a very naughty little fox boy twink when I penetrated the family dog on New Year's Day. To be perfectly honest I have to give this the most modest score I can give to the experience of ravaging your golden retriever, 7 wendys chicken burgers out of 11. Many thanks to the state of Israel for sponsoring my dog fuckings, there's a link in the description for a 20% off discount on your next purchase of a virgin good boy from the Vietnamese sex slave market.
>>
>>349320
Imagine being this salty and unfunny
>>
>>349320
cringe
>>
How do i stop houses from devolving in Caesar 3, should i build more markets and hope the fat lady actually delivers goods?
Also Mediolanum in the best level.
>>
>>349305

(Mac guy here) I've yet to resolve some weird flickering in the main menu of Zeus. Caesar 3 worked fine though. You might find some help in the heavengames forum (like this animation fix patch for Zeus http://zeus.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?category=patches) or in the Sierra archive http://www.sierrahelp.com/Utilities/DisplayUtilities/GlideWrappers.html
>>
>>350296
making more markets won't solve it on its own, you have to make sure the goods are gtting distributed evenly to all your houses.
>>
>>340676
He has that kind of universal Ashkenazi tone to his voice that comes through no matter where you grew up and what accent you have. Same as Seth Rogen, or Mike Peinovich.
>>
File: oksentavasammakko.png (38 KB, 461x348)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>339378
Gross. I'm gonna just stick to the widescreen patched original.
>>
He steals his jokes and at least one of his Dwarf Fortress stories from 4chan, plus if you know anything about SS13 it's clear his stories were BS and he just edited the video to make it seem like that was happening.

Better than Mandalore with his SHODAN is trans BS though.
>>
>>351620
Everything he said that he claimed to do are all features I've seen and experienced in SS13, yes even the wizard which is notorious for doing shit like that. So its less "none of those things happened" and a lot more "these are things that commonly happen" prepackaged.
>>
>>351802
Show me a tg codebase server where lube is strong enough that it can slip someone from outside the Bar on Boxstation all the way out escape. Explain why the video obviously cuts several times during that bit.

Show me the server he did where there was a room full of 8+ erping catpeople above the HoP.
>>
>>351815
>tg codebase server
There is your issue.
>>
>>339672
I prefer Emperor, but I'm a ancientchinaboo.
>>
>>339426
He's just going to steal stories from LP's
>>
>>351964
We get it, he pissed in your cereals. Now contain your autism, will you?
>>
>>351970
>We
>>
>>351620
>at least one of his Dwarf Fortress stories from 4chan
Are people still bitching about his DF "review"? The raeg this goy triggers is absolutely epic desu
>>
>>351973
Honestly they are only jealous and hating him because he's successful, him borrowind ideas for SS13 and DF is just a pathetic excuse they made up to hate him.
>>
>>351978
You have to be 18+ to use this website
>>
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>339072
I have Emperor and, judging by Sseth's video, don't see a reason to check out Pharaoh or Caesar 3. Could be wrong though, someone convince me.
>>
>>352020
Frankly, the games have the same base, the differences are minor and mostly cosmetic.
For example, Pharaoh is a lot tougher, and has a farming system that relies on the Nile. Caesar 3 is the earliest one, and lacks residential walls or even road obstacles.
>>
>>352027
I haven't put much time into Emperor. Should I play Caesar 3 -> Pharaoh -> Emperor?
>>
>>352030
I'd say it entirely depends from the time period you prefer. Personally, I feel like Emperor is the easiest, so I'd suggest playing it after Pharaoh, lest you keep looking around for quality of life improvements and find them missing, like residential walls and so on.
>>
>>352037
Thanks anon, will do.
>>
>>352040
Pharaoh is considered harder, but I'm not sure why. It does have roadblocks if I remember right, but Emperor has roadblocks and residential walls, making it really easy to direct your walkers.
Hence why I recommend playing from the harder to the easier, lest you get frustrated losing 80% of your workforce because the food seller took a right turn instead of a left one.
>>
File: heroes.png (319 KB, 849x459)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>351939
understandable, ancient China was pretty dope
>>
>>352118
And they had the best food.
>>
>literally nobody ever mention Zeus or Poseidon
Okay...
>>
>>349320
Sseth, you are so based man
>>
>>350296
build several markets and specialize every single one of them: one should buy only 1or two types of food, one only pottery and furniture, one onely oil and wine and so on. Beside that you should build several granaries and storage yards close to the markets (both granaries and storage yards should also be specialized on one or two goods only, while being set on "getting")

Feel free to ask for more infos
>>
>>352554

I haven't played Poseidon yet, but Zeus is peak comfy. It's the best introduction to the series imho especially for younger players. I liked it so much that now I'm playing Julius (https://github.com/bvschaik/julius) with "global worker pool" turned on.
>>
>>352588
>cheating
Come on, man...
>>
>>352579
>Caesar 3
>Civilizations VI
>???
>???
>Morrowind
>>
File: are we the baddies.png (157 KB, 360x450)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>352554
It probably gets overlooked a lot for being the easiest in the entire Impressions lineup, but it's still a great game. I think it's interesting how it focuses more on a mythological aspect rather than a pure historical approach like its siblings. I also greatly appreciated Poseidon's full on alt-history fantasy campaign.
>start playing as Atlantis
>the game repeatedly goes on about how science, pacifism and peaceful interactions are the highest virtues in atlantean society
>a dozen missions later I'm patrolling the mediterranean with magic napalm frigates and am building a superweapon to exterminate the greeks
>mfw
>>
>>352554
>poor people
niggers
only niggers eat dirt cookies because they're literally too retarded to farm
>>
>>352592

It's not cheating. It's a different way to play the missions and experiment with different city layouts.
>>
>>352606
WELCOME TO THE MEDITERRANEA, GENTLEMEN
I WILL NOT LIE TO YOU, THE CHANCES OF YOUR SURVIVAL ARE SMALL
>>
File: 1507734014723.jpg (98 KB, 608x395)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>352554
>Easily mentioned more than any other game in the series on this website
>Can't talk about city builders without someone bringing it up
>Wtf why does nobody talk about this game!?
>>
>>339193
Doubt it. Impressions games will eternally remain quality.
>>
>>340275
>KYS
>and you fuckers can't be anything but salty
Way to prove his point you fucking mongoloid lmao
>>
>>340619
Rimmy's screeching is annoying and he's infinitely less clever than Sseth, not that Sseth is some zenith of cleverness, but still
>>
>>352687
Well, nobody brought it before. Instead, people where chimping about "noooo that guy I irrationally hate made a video about a game I never cared about until now, better crash a thread about it!!!!".
>>
>>352030

If you play Caesar 3 get the Augustus re-implementation. It fixes some annoying bugs and adds several features like road blocks and monuments. I can't recommend it highly enough. GamerZakh made a video about it. https://github.com/Keriew/augustus
>>
>>353001
Caesar 3 already had statues, don't cheat.
>>
>>353002

You don't have to play with the new features. Augusts also has a lot of quality fetures like fixing the ghost bug, zooming and widescreen. Imho there's no reason to play Caesar 3 without Julius (which is the project Augustus builds upon) at least. You still need the base game to use it.
>>
>>353008
>Imho there's no reason to play Caesar 3 without Julius
I disagree. I think you always need to play the game vanilla at first, and then try whatever mods/community patches.
>>
>>339426
Same, he tweeted about the game a while back, and I’d love for domg to get flooded with a bunch of retards.
>>
>>353072
Better Dominions than Deity Empires or The Last Technology.
>>
>>353072
Pretty sure he played it on a stream.
>>
>>351620
The problem with SS13 is that each codebase is so radically different yet also indistinguishable to an outsider that you could talk about your experiences from one server and it sounds made up to somebody who has only ever played another.
>>
Most games he played are utterly boring and only good to tell the stories.
>>
File: 1370723476723.jpg (166 KB, 960x714)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>343648
The papyrus font gets a bad name for some weird reason. I like it, but certain people have been trained to see it as "unprofessional" for no reason other than they were told such by someone else.
>>
File: 1609459102131.jpg (58 KB, 684x944)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>353193
>some weird reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVhlJNJopOQ
>>
>>353193
This is kind of a weird thought experiment, because there IS a reason for the monkeys not to climb the ladder. They'd all get sprayed with water if someone did. They just don't know it.
>>
>>353332
No, there are generations of monkeys that have never been sprayed with water. They just get beaten if they attempt to climb the later. All they know is the social pressure against preforming an action, not why that social pressure exists.
>>
>>353333
>there are generations of monkeys that have never been sprayed with water
Yes, because if they try to climb the ladder, they get beaten by other monkeys.
>All they know is the social pressure against preforming an action, not why that social pressure exists.
Yes, that's what the thought experiment is intended to illustrate. However, the ladder-climbing taboo has an actual reason: to avoid collective water spraying.
If you take it as a generalized statement about social taboos, it's a really ultraconservative argument that traditions should never be questioned, even if there's no apparent reason for them, or everyone will suffer.
>>
File: file.png (54 KB, 421x186)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>340254
>>
>>353193
varg used papyrus for his rpg books
>>
>>353348
Compare water spraying to getting food poisoning and inbred kids, and you realize why goatfuckers don't eat pigs or why you can'tbang your super hot sister
>>
>>340619
Does he do 4chan humour and goes on some tangents like Sseth (loved that he did Osiris myth shit)?
I want entertainment to cater to me, after all.
>>
>>340290
what does it even mean
>>
>>342298
He's a russian jew born in the UK, most likely.
>>
>>353201
>laughing tracks
why do americans do this to me
>>
>>354169
>why you can'tbang your super hot sister
You can, just don't seed her.
>>
>>355102
Live studio audience
>>
>>341184
Anon, these don't sound like they were Egyptians.
>>
File: why.jpg (19 KB, 400x400)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>355107
That makes it even worse, feels like I've actually interacted with humans in some capacity
>>
>>354383
No, he's just a typical Aussie.
He didn't like EYE though

>>355090
I heard he was dutch or something which partially explains his wierd pronunciation of some words.
>>
>>355134
EYE is shit tho
>>
>>338889
>not a single WE joke
Dunno if based or cringe
>>
>>339023
I've seen some guy seething about him even in /trash/.
>>
>>338930
What the fuk is wrong with your friend lmao
>>
>>339490
Absolute territory
>>
>>351620
I am perfectly happy with both of those videos and how he made them. Will happily watch any he makes that are as funny as them.
>>
>>356209
its inevitable. The bigger his channel becomes the more he scared to lose it. Dont expect any chimp website browsing or hentai reading in the future.
>>
>>356337
The man's an ashkenazi jew and full autist. It was always only about the memes for him, and the more he'd do it, the more brainlets would keep showing up who aren't memeing anymore
>>
>>356352
it became not only about the memes when he quit his job for youtube
>>
>>339699
No, maybe someone doesn't like a savescum simulator with evangelion tier lore where some east asians looked at western philosophical and religious themes, copied them because it looked cool and then a bunch of pseuds had their heads explode at how "deep" it is because "woah holy shit tree of life kabbalah"
PS, you shills are probably the worst posters on this board because of your victim complex caused by a war with a janny on /v/.
>>
>>351620
>Better than Mandalore with his SHODAN is trans BS though.
That was weird and out of nowhere like he really did it to get brownie points, but right after the SysShock video he also said something about "being as tone deaf as a gay couple in a kids movie" so i suspect he's just a slithering cunt balancing his public image.
>>
>>356337
He funds hentai commissions with the money he makes from YouTube and hosts them on his own site
>>
>wow why don't these people that make YouTube videos for a living say all this stuff that YouTube demonitizes people for
>fucking two faced jews
>>
>>356877
Baaad jews!
>>
>>340088
Thats the internet for you.
>>
>>340233
Based
>>
>>340275
Walked right unto that point didn't you. You little troglodyte.
>>
>>343648
Thats been happening to alot of games. Removing emersive aspects and replacing it with a generic style. CK2 to CK3, Oblivion to Skyrim ect ect. Plenty of examples if you look for them.

Small things like font and backround image or menu looks Matter. CK3 and Oblivion had UI and menus that had a specific flair to them so you felt it matched the setting of the game. Just look at Skyrims map compared to Oblivions. Oblivion had a 2D paper map. Fits the world. Skyrim had a 3D gps view. Complete garbage.

Now everything looks like a cheap iphone app. Emersion is dead. Disgusting.
>>
>>357907
Correction. CK2 had the flair. Not CK3. My mistake. Phone posting like a fag I know. CK3 UI style is garbage. Can literally put it in any game set in modern day. Yes its functional but no effort to make it blend in with the setting was made.
>>
>>357907
>emersion
immersion
>>
>>357939
>its functional
this is the most important part of UI. You can always easily add flavor mods to make it look like you want later.
The main reason i learned the game was good UI with little tips describing each concept. Cant say the same about CK2
>>
>>356875
>hosts them on his own site
is the key point. Youtube has no idea about it and cant threaten his channel.
>>
>>339371
>>340023

>Black
They look more like brown-skinned Asians. Look at the eyes, they're fucking slanted.
>>
>>356647
I think he just thought it would be a cool idea. Especially in a game that old, before trannies we’re coming out of t the woodwork.
>>
>>339433
He removed the Lion King video? Was it because Disney or was it for some personal reasons?
>>
>>360192
he wants to remove the edgiest side of his character, now that he can make good money via internet
>>
>>360695
Sauce on the claim? Either way, he's still a kike.
>>
>>356647
It is wierd but it's not out of nowhere, it's based on the original version of the game before SS was updated and given voices.
>>
>watch review
>seth uses CE instead of AD
>dropped
>>
>>339016
>Seth's shitposts are /pol/ish and not many people can differentiate shitposts from reality.
I don't think it's Sseths problem some people are retarded
>>
>>356647
it's more like a theory he had going off from another noname jewtuber that he felt it was interesting in one perspective than the gospel truth. purely because he thought that take would show the company that made SHODAN had made something they themselves never truly understood.

That said, it's a dumb headcannon especially when the truth is that there are instances that the sound designer had used his wife's voice as as a placeholder until he realized how freakier she sounded with a female voice so he went with it. SHODAN had always been "male" before it was updated to included voices
>>
>>361388
He has been deleting his older and more controversial videos for some time now, claiming that “we were edgier back in the days”. He has reuploaded them on other platforms, making his main channel less “dangerous” and safer
>>
>>362441
When one of your videos gets banned from 200 countries for reasons you don't understand you take measures. He also does reviews for outright porn but his kike senses were tingling most likely.
>>
>>362400
>wife's voice sound freakier
what a married man.
>>
>>362473
>kike senses were tingling
I’m gonna steal this expression
>>
>>338951
Why is it always somebody who has clearly never been to /pol/ the one trying to tell people what /pol/ is like?
>>
>>339038
just a half second of footage.
>>
>>339511
No evidence, just seething soibois telling their own stories.
>>
>>342298
Exactly, he can't pronounce th properly and says it like a "v", just like a brit.
>>
>>341810
>If you've ever heard him talk about immunology or oncology,
God that stream was great. Showed the real side of Sseth instead of his more comedic views, gave me a lot more respect for him even though I still think he's a plagarist after that Dwarf Fortress incident
>>
>>362441
>He has reuploaded them on other platforms
Which ones?
>>
>>364924
We've all been to /pol/. Most of us moved to the other hobby boards. Shitposting stops being fun when unironic stormfags shit it up
>>
>>361669
His people killed Jesus
>>
>>365757
Here's the thing, using other boards doesn't make you forget what a board is like. Seems more like taking a fellow redditors word on the great /pol/ satan.
>>
>>365617
I wish he still did lectures
>>
>>365617
Except he never plagiarized. He just highlighted different tilesets.
>>
>>366650
b-but he used a half a second of someone elses footage right after a scene from warcraft without asking.
>>
>>366703
Oh no, and it's totally not something common in the profession. Even professional reviewers don't only use their own footage.
A shame, Dean Takahashi's review of Cuphead would be fun.
>>
>>357939
literally fuck off, ui being functional is number one fuck off with flair bullshit
>>
>>367299
Ck3 ui is dogshit and is less functional than ck2
>>
>>367299
Yeah true but what exactly is wrong with oh idk, HAVING BOTH. Fucking mongoloid.
>>
File: gigachad.jpg (65 KB, 1068x601)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>361669
>Christ Era

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.