[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 146 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20201218193915_1.jpg (731 KB, 1920x1080)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
Another CK2 thread cause the other one is about to die. It says that I can't form Outremer because I don't control the Near East. Fuck am I missing?
>>
File: 1565522735356.png (253 KB, 494x366)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
how do you get a cracked DLC multiplayer game working these days? Been trying some of the solutions on cs rin but nothing works anymore.
>>
>>324249
Try checking the friendly russian forum again. I had a similar problem with EU4, and got it fixed by using the steam emu method.
>>
File: Screenshot (173).png (2.21 MB, 1366x768)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
>>324233
>tfw turned the entire Eastern Med into a christian lake
God I love crusades
>>
>>324233
Is there a holy order or someone else with a barony level holding who is not your vassal?
>>
>>324677
The holy orders can be vassalized by decision if you’re king of Jerusalem iirc, but you have a point if there are foreign holdings.
>>
File: 20201218212758_1.jpg (860 KB, 1920x1080)
860 KB
860 KB JPG
>>324694
Yup, figured that out a short while after posting. Had to declare war on England to get it, which felt fucking goofy, honestly. Funny enough, though, it changed my character's name from Baldwin to Baudouin when I made the empire. Didn't know that could happen.
>>
File: arabian_vassal_map.jpg (177 KB, 1008x922)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
I wanted to do a nomad game where I burn down everything. What's the best way to get the holdings for myself for pillaging after a subjugation war? Should I just revoke titles and deal with the opinion penalties and independence revolts?
>>
>>324233
Probably like one singular barony your vassal has given to a holy order.
Or alternatively the Hashashins are still camping out in a barony somewhere in your realm.
>>
>>324800
If you use subjugation you're doing it wrong dummy. You do invasions and occupy the top holding in every county.
>>
>>324851
Oh, thanks. At least now I'll know for the future
>>
Question: does tyranny transfer to other new vassals? As in, if I'm a tyrant, take all of my vassals' lands, and put new people into power, would the new vassals have a penalty to their opinion of me?
>>
>>325343
Depends. If those people were in your court, they will “remember” you being a tyrant (since the penalty also applies to courtiers)
If they weren’t your direct vassal before, I don’t THINK they’ll have the modifier, and if they’re a fresh character or invited from outside your realm they definitely won’t have it
>>
>>324727
Oh yeah that’ll happen. Forming Outremer will create Outremer culture as well, and convert you to it. Baldwin is just one of the names with a different version in Outremer culture I guess.
>>
>>324233
I'm thinking of sub-modding the 769 start date into the HIP mod, anyone even interested in that? Since sources are scarce I'll be going mostly by the vanilla map for anything I can't find stuff about. Yea I know other people gave up while trying to do it, but I think I might just be autistic enough.

It's all supposed to be training for modding in a 661 start date later on anyways.
>>
How to make Pope lose its Theocracy kingdom title? Papacy was kicked from these lands but still can't usurp or make that kingdom.
>>
>>325704
If you mean the Papal States/Romagna kingdom, it should just be a matter of completely kicking him out of it, from what I remember.
Did you check if he still holds a small barony or something like that?
If you mean the titular Papacy title itself, I don't think that one goes away ever
>>
>>325704
If you take the land of the de jure papal states, you don't quite usurp them directly. You can make the kingdom of Romagna instead, which effectively usurps the papal states, and should stop him from wanting your lands.
>>
File: ck2_65.png (1.97 MB, 1366x768)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
Here we go lads :^)
>>
>>325715
>>325717
No, its land they took after one Crusade (Poland Kingdom to be specific
I just want to Poland crown to add to my empire. Asshole Popes sitting somewhere in Africa with title for Poland Theocracy and I can't get it from them
>>
>Kaaren of Slavic Uprising declared war in Byzantine Empire
>>
>>325659
You can also game yourself into outremer culture. You just have to have your capital in Near East, be Catholic frog and have loads of prestige and presto. I had disgusting Haestaining game where all of Bretagne flipped Outremer on my conversion.
>>
Give me 1 (one) good reason to ever spec Stewardship or Learning
>>
>>325908
what
stewardship is crucial to have that epic +4 to your demesne so you can hold two full duchies and in general can help out with gaining monastic order points for benedictines and other monastic societies, besides significatly impacting your demesne income
if you're into painting the map with your culture it also helps culture conversion by adjacency significantly (up to 15 stewardship helps), which coupled with the ability to hold more counties allows you to take care of new conquered territory and have more reliability with the culture spread process

learning is pretty much useless though, the impact on tech points is pointless and you can easily get 30+ from doing the scholarship focus once and joining the hermetics even while having any other education
>>
>>324438
the Crusades in mine never work, we win but one of the 2 arab empire just wins it back a couple years later
>>
>>325758
>>325704
Nevermind, Pope lost this title eventually
>>
>>325948
It took about four crusades to bring it this far to be fair. The real turning point was after we took Egypt, since that gave Jerusalem a strong neighbor to back them up. Even so they still almost got invaded by a Shia caliphate in Syria until I redirected the 5th crusade to smash those guys.
At this point Islam in the Middle East is on death’s door, with the Indians closing in from the east. The problem is they’ve coalesced into a strong Caliphate in Spain and North Africa.
>>
>give out lands to my council
>start using order powers to convert pagan provinces
>realize that my stewards is actually jewish
>jews are for some reason the most zealous religion in the game and refuse conversion no matter what
God I hate this shit, no doubt the reason he's in my court because of the event the just forces a jew into your court
>>
>>326191
it's not about being jewish, it's about him being from that event
the whole point of the event is that, being jewish, he gets you those tech bonuses from the radhanite trade network or whatever, so he has a hidden modifier(?) that makes him impossible to convert as far as i'm aware

maybe arresting him would let you do it, but at that point you might as well revoke his title and put someone better suited for the job
>>
>>326191
Sorry bud, you have to play the long game with that one. Get him to make his heir your ward, and change the heir's focus to faith.
>>
Do any of you have any examples of times when you managed to win against a much larger enemy force using strategy, army composition, or clever tactics?
>>
>>326330
>strategy, army composition, or clever tactics?
there really isn't much strategy involved, at best you can be beat them with 1000 less men due to terrain advantage, you basically have very little control of army comp outside buildings and retinues, and if you can afford a decent sized retinue, you'll probably already be big enough to match your opponents army in levies
>>
>>326330
I had one game where I was fighting in a crusade and my army got caught by a Muslim one twice its size. My army gave as good as it got, but we were being worn down and were on the verge of breaking when the Papal, French, and English armies arrived just in the nick of time to turn things around. It was actually quite riveting when I was playing it.
Too bad I had to reload that save because of inheritance fuckery that occurred the same year
>>
>>326330
Ye, in one of my tries at the Saoshaynt achievement.

Playing as Karenids and getting attacked by Abassids who had twice my numbers. Took my armies, along with my event spawned 30 martial commanders, and set up in mountains. Won that war, lost the next one because I tried the same thing but rng didn't back me that time.
>>
File: 20191125202411_1.jpg (717 KB, 1920x1080)
717 KB
717 KB JPG
>>326330
Just get good commanders, favorable terrain, better tech and you should btfo enemy armies pretty easily.
>>
>>324233
Anyone played the space mod for ck2? I’m in the mood for aliens and weird governments, but don’t know if it’s even playable/has fun mechanics.
>>
Any fun Duke level starts? Already did Matilda and btfo the HRE.
>>
>>326795
eric the heathen
>>
>>326330
1. When fighting against China you can try picking off their event spawned armies that will not reinforce and beat them off
2. When defending against a crusade swarm I embarked and sailed to rome to 100% seige the pope and make him surrender
>>
>>326795
Barcelona and Apulia
>>
>>327264
That works against anyone big. It'll take them too long for them to gather all their forces, so you'll have just sieged all the target area and they'll beg for peace without fighting a single battle.
>>
File: pestis.gif (67 KB, 220x376)
67 KB
67 KB GIF
>TFW your mystic cures your cancer via ritual suicide
>>
File: 20191205143312_1.jpg (679 KB, 1920x1080)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>>326330
Yes
>>
I've never tried HIP nor CK2Plus, what do you guys think about them? HIP seems to be the best overhaul mod from what I've read.
>>
>>327753
Zunist heavy infantry?
Also why is your demesne so small?
>>
The great question of going west and conquering the traditional roman empire or going east and reconquering and latinizing Alexander's Empire?

I figure going east will not me more cash and going west will make my coastal provinces take less sea based attacks.

Regardless I'm probably taking Carpathia next to create a buffer for my provinces south of the Danube I've been investing heavily in.
>>
>>328124
HIP is pretty railroady so I kind of dislike it, you basically need to conquer half of Europe to form an empire, also it remove most of Africa for some reason
>>
>>328510
Why not both?
>>
>>328510
Generally going east is easier, it's more common to be able to use religion in your favour in that direction
but at the same time, since east is a lot of the times a big blob, you're probably not going to be able to constantly expand in that direction either way, so it's worth doing both when possible
>>
>>328518
That's my end goal, right now I'm mostly spending my time on getting all of my great works projects finished that I started a few generation ago, spamming hospitals in my territory.

Thrace is Latin, as is most of Asia minor. I'm currently in the process of conquering Georgia and cutting northern Europe from the middle east now that I have everything south of Rome in Italy.
>>
>>328527
>he starts multiple great works at once
that's a lot of moneys you're throwing away there buckaroo
also the hospitals too, i typically only make them on my capital area and sometimes on chokepoints
how much money are you making?
>>
>>324249
have you resolved it bro? im having the same problem on eu4 with the config file
>>
>>328528
It ranges between +100 and 180 depending on raids, revolts and of course plague. I took a duchy or more off of each of the surrounding kingdoms and moved it into thrace before declaring the empire and I basically plan to full upgrade everything in my "heartland" of thrace. Everything outside is at least getting a hospital and maybe down the line some upgrades to castle towns and the like.

My plan is pretty much to turn the trickle up economics into a full stream asap through raising taxes, researching techs and building.

My desmense basically is going between 12-14 on most of my emperors and I reformed the hellenic faith into a peaceful, stability, civilized empire with temporal rule.

I know it is a bit meta gamey but I'm mostly just trying to see how prosperous I can make my lands. The plague is probably going to wipe out my empire when it comes though.
>>
Gotta love how ugly post-christianity culture maps are
>bedouin bremen
>half of germany french
>a bunch of nahua provinces spread out
>a lot of pre-latinization cultures still around at 1000
>>
>>326004
sounds interesting, to say the least. I'm currently doing a game started in 867 as a Karling count under Western Francia, I consolidated enough land through marriage that I managed to declare independence and establish a very strong kingdom of Valois centered in Paris. Once I feel I've done enough, which is going to be soon, and when the crusades hit, I think I'll set up my own holy order (I think it's the Orders of Chivalry mod that allows that) and go crusading in the middle east.
>>
>>324233
Turning on Sunset Invasion was a mistake. The bastards have blobbed all the way from Spain to Italy. Is there a way to avoid getting invaded by them? My retinue right now is too small to take on their 100k deathstack
>>
>>328792
Not that I know of, but I haven't played too much sunset invasion games.
Depending on where your territory is and how it's distributed in the dejure kingdoms, your best bet might just be surrendering, since with the invasion casus belli whatever they occupy gets taken personally by the guy declaring the war. So if you insist on fighting and they end up occupying your entire demesne that's an easy game over right there.
So maybe surrender, lose a tier if you're a king and work as a duke to destroy the empire from the inside!
Maybe even become a disgusting aztec yourself and see what the religion has to offer (probably not much, but it's something new, right?)
>>
File: what.jpg (89 KB, 510x496)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
Anyone know where this event comes from?

The result is that my character dies and Hellenic loses 2% moral authority, but from the text I don't see how it's related to any of my actions.
I'm aware of the one where you get smiten for lying about the signs your character received, but that's an entirely different event and I haven't done it in the first place.
>>
>>329777
It says it right there on the only option, it's a glitch
>>
>>329788
I mean, I did think that could be it lol
Even then it's weird to have it still exist, maybe it's a holy fury bug with being religious head or something like that

I was more curious about what caused the glitch to happen
If someone knows what causes the glitch or where in the files I could look (besides the obvious "just look through all events bro") that'd help sate my curiosity at least
>>
File: fuckin juice.jpg (309 KB, 1051x765)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
oh and as a bonus meme

the jews can't even escape persecution in a non-christian world, even the roman hellenics still blame the plague on them :(
bonus bonus meme for hellenic estonia asking for my advice on it
>>
File: disgustedpepe.jpg (15 KB, 559x423)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>Think I'm done forming Italia
>Try to make title
>Requirement: King of Sicily
>Mfw
>>
How do I bait enemies into attacking my armies?
>>
>>330141
split the army into a smaller and a bigger army, equip the smaller army with your top commanders and put it adjacent to the enemy stack with the bigger army waiting in reserve. Your smaller army is gonna take a good few casualties, but its role is only to hold the enemy in place and last long enough for reinforcements (good commanders help it survive longer). Also, if you are using a defensively-oriented merc band (I always like to hire the swiss guard even if for just the first few months of a war), place it in the center alone, if possible (if it's big enough not to get overwhelmed). That way it will be able to use its abilities unhindered by other units and will hold the center reliably.
>>
>>330137
oh no no no
hahahahhaa
>>
>>330137
I know this pain
>>
>>328627
how the fuck are there arabs in poland??
>>
What's the best start as Byzantium? I've never played them but I want to try them
>>
>>330322
The 800s one. Basil I is a good leader and it's easy to expand into ayyrab land.
>>
>>330137
>>330218
>>330311
Forming Italia is fucking painful. Especially if you have Rome and the Pope is constantly pissed at you and trying to excommunicate your ass.
>>
>>330318
Since catholicism was completely broken both by me mending the schism and subsequently wrecking orthodox moral authority by becoming hellenic, no tribes wanted to become christcucks
So I suppose some of them asked for mass conversion from the caliphates at some point lmao
Interestingly enough, after I properly reformed Hellenic and got some nice moral authority, some of the tribes converted to it, which I found super interesting and cool to see
The barbarians once again asking for Rome's civilization!
>>
>>326795
Not quite Duke level but very quickly so are Eudes of Chartres in 867 or Eudes of Tours in 1066.
>>
File: cliffy b.jpg (122 KB, 321x348)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>spend a century preparing for the Mongols in my Russia game
>they don't show up
>can't spawn them with the console because it's an ironman save
>>
>>330497
i still don't know why i play ironman when this kind of thing happens constantly
it's nice to have something to stop me constantly savescumming, but i end up still doing it anyways when it's some real bullshit stuff
and then i can't use the console to test anything i'm interested about or to check what the hell another character is doing when i'm bored and curious, it's almost always a mistake
>>
>>330506
Ah well, I still have the Chinese to beat up. Fuckers have already launched two major invasions against me
>>
I vassalized the pope. How do I game this to my advantage?
>>
>>330322
Earliest possible start. So long night will be shorter
>>
>>330495
Rundown on both?
>>
>>330600
If you’re a catholic like him you can make him excommunicate people pretty easily, and similar thing with claims. I think it’s something like +50 to AI acceptance. It’s extremely useful if you have a rebellious vassal you want to get rid of since it means a free imprisonment (and execute I think?).
>>
>>330642
Eudes of Chartres begins as a child, so you have a degree of control over how he will turn out. His successor is his brother who is also a child and who you will also control more or less. Historically, he is one of the eventual founders of the House Capet, or at least an ancestor of one of the founders.

Also it was Foulques not Eudes of Tours. Foulques is of the D'Anjou dynasty, has an excommunicated older brother that is the duke, and a usually impressive intrigue skill. His line is the source for both the Plantagenet dynasty of England as well as the Anjous who ruled over in the crusader states.
>>
File: 20201223095840_1.jpg (881 KB, 1920x1080)
881 KB
881 KB JPG
>slow son turns out to be Shrewd
wow
>>
File: 20201223114553_1.jpg (940 KB, 1920x1080)
940 KB
940 KB JPG
And fin, Italia formed. This is definitely one of the more unique runs in the game if you decide to aim for Matilda's bloodline and never swear fealty again afterwards. It's actually just an up hill battle to use allies and mercs to take as much land from the Kaiser as possible, only growing more difficult as he blobs. I'm surprised, though, France and England did absolute fuckall. The former in particular had less than 10k troops the entire time. When I did my India run, I thought I had too little troops for the amount of territory I had but now I think that maybe France and England just felt bigger than they actually were.
>>
How do I expand without getting fucked as a Pagan Tribal? I'm worried that I won't be able to keep my vassals in line if I expand because of their brutal opinion malus.
>>
>>328514
Both of these things are good.
>>
>>332297
>How do I expand without getting fucked as a Pagan Tribal?
The no brainer answer would to go north korea mode untill you switch to feudalism
Or just "git gud" (sway/bribe/murder/imprison/tactically revoke them)
Managing vassals will always be a pain in the ass, whether you're pagan or not
>>
>>332297
>how do i make blibbitiblob
You don't. Just expand into an area you can comfortably control and then shift over to tributary wars instead.
You'll be swimming in cash and prestige, tributaries can be called to fight FOR you (even in winning new tributaries while you sit back and relax), never try and usurp you or start civil wars when a ruler dies since they're just your bitches and not actually part of the realm, won't get joined by fellow jehova's witnesses when attacked since it's not a holy war to demand tribute
Once your kang dies, you get to do it all over again; great warrior kings with every generation!

Now, beyond that core easy-to-hold homeland, you can also snipe whatever provinces you need to reform the religion and become a true nightmare. Until that point, have fun roleplaying as Attilla and making the HRE cry.
>>
>>332297
How are you having issues with something so easy? I assume you're using subjugation with the become king ambition. Well, if the guy who got conquered doesn't like you, how can you fix that? You could bribe him for cheap because bribes scale of income. Or you could get rid of him. His son will like you a lot better. Or you could scheme to take away a double duchy or just straight revoke it and get him to rebel and take the rest, the new guy will love you.
>>
>>326191
>>326208
Why the fuck are random ass jews able to just stroll into your palace court and live there
>>
>>332600
They aren't, *radhanite* specialized jews stroll in if you haven't expelled jews from your realm and offer their services to you, having generally somewhat above-average skills in one area randomly determined by the event
The other advantage is that having these SPECIFIC event jews employed gives you an occasional event of them using radhanite merchant connections to gain a bonus 50 tech points, nothing too crazy but surprisingly useful at the start of the game, it's a nice perk
Again, this only happens for these guys that were raised to perform courtly functions, if you employ your local jew hobo he's just a pointlessly wrong-religion advisor who hates you with no advantages whatsoever at all

it's only really useful in the early game, as the tech bonuses are irrelevant later on and you'll probably have stronger reasons to keep specific advisors around (keeping strong vassals in check, having better advisors in skill than what the event offers you, having loyalist content advisors that help you pass legislation, etc.)
>>
>>332571
It's not easy because it's not ONE guy. I'm talking about overall expansion.

>>332382
>>332377
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>332710
It is one guy at a time, unless you are declaring multiple subjugation wars at a time. in which case, revoke something from one of them, they all rebel, kick their shit in a second time, revoke the rest of their shit, you have 100 relation with every vassal for several decades.
>>
So guys should I build a temple to great works temple to Jupiter in Jerusalem? I'm not even going to hold it myself, it's mostly for roleplaying.
>>
>>332710
A good thing to keep in mind is that the size or province count of your blibbityblob does not directly translate into success or power; what you're looking for is levies, reliable allies or cash reserves powerful enough to mess anyone who gets in your way up badly. All political power is rooted in your capacity to withstand and inflict violence, and the true purpose of political power is to shape the world around you to your liking where two dimensional blobbing for its own sake is really just babbie's first grand strategy goal.
And remember to have a metric fuckton of litters so sneaky sneaks can't ever hope to dislodge you through their sneaky sneak plots. Your tribe will be strong and plentiful, fren.
>>
>>332811
I imagine the idea here is to give a big fuck you to abrahamic religions, right?
For me, it actually seems almost contradictory to build or develop those regions in any way! To me, building a temple there would be recognising that Jerusalem is a sacred place and deserves recognition from the hellenic faith, an absurd idea depending on what you're roleplaying. It seems to me like doing something akin to making a great temple in Egypt or another closeby region would be a bigger dick move, like redirecting the religious focus of the area towards another place entirely. Or alternatively, building a statue of the hellenic ruler who conquered Jerusalem, and thus triumphed over their faiths.

However, if I'm reading this completely wrong and you actually want to do a cosmopolitan empire of sorts, then that would make a lot of sense, making sure that the hellenic presence is felt all throughout the empire, even in lands previously held by heathens.You could also fit this idea in the previous scenario of wanting to weaken them, but it's pretty eh to me. I guess you could argue that making a temple would attract settlers of your faith and culture and civilise the region, thus making your point.
>>
>>333032
Indeed; renaming it "City of Helios" and making it an OPM theocracy of your faith should suffice while saving resources for DESERVING counties.
>>
>>333038
Yess this is exactly what I meant, it's the kind of stuff I always do in every playthrough to enemy capitals and holy sites hahahaha

It's in these kinds of situations that I really get mad that the game doesn't give you any way to destroy holdings, or even buildings within holdings
Oh, how I wish I could wipe Jerusalem off the map... Maybe make them a tiny tribe or a single temple holding...
Sucks that you need mods for that, or be a tribe which isn't the case when you're big enough.
>>
>>333041
Easy enough to make such mods lol
>>
>>333043
I want to do it in Ironman though, my achievement runs (and just normal ironman runs, for that matter) would be funner with that extra layer of rp possibilities
>>
>>333047
>e-peen or fun
>he chose e-peen
My condolences, fren
>>
>>332811
Dew it, even if you're not gonna hold the county most of the bonues of a great work go to the top liege (You)
>>
>>332811
>everybody else except Christians and pagans get schools for their great temple equivalent to boost culture conversion

I hate it.
>>
>>333041
>I really get mad that the game doesn't give you any way to destroy holdings, or even buildings within holdings
Me too fren, I wish feudals could raze holdings like tribals and nomads
of course the first thing that comes into my mind is the god damned county of Rome filled with useless bishoprics
>>
>finally manage to restore Hellenism
>pick invasion
>can't actually use it because my domain size is too big
Fuck my life. I wish I could go back and pick polygamy.
>>
>>329798
open console command, type in “charinfo” and mouse over the event window until you see something like EVTDESC or EVTOPTA, copy and paste that into your paradox file search bar and you’ll be good from there. Assuming of course you still have a save file that’ll lead into this event.
>>
Any advice for a Khan of Khans run?
>>
>>325695
Many have started this project but I haven't seen any playable successes, if you're serious good luck.
>>
>>326330
I've done this dozens of times by either picking the right terrain or by forcing fights before the enemy can make their one huge deathstack.
>>
>>328124
HIP is fantastic. It's been the only way I've really played CK2 for half a decade now. The map especially is fantastic and I like that it focuses in on only areas relevant to the original scope of the game. There's a good amount of extra flavor and immersion features without it feeling too bloated.
>>
>>325695
Why is the 769 date not in HIP in the first place?
>>
>>334679
Just follow the nomad meta for every nomad run and you can do and achieve anything
>>
>>334926
Yup, once you're out of your first 20-30 years starting as any nomad you'll be unstoppable.
>>
>>334926
What's the Nomad Meta?
>>
>>335283
>>283011
essentially give each clan a single completely garbage county, preferably single holding, and make sure to always have max 9/9 clans
this way you can keep every single piece of land that you conquer without uprisings, and this makes you completely unstoppable and you can do anything once you hold a barely significant amount of land, something like the 20-30 years mentioned is more than enough to become unbeatable
when i did this i actually occasionally still had massive revolts sometimes, i suspect that maybe when a clan leader dies the game just for a second miscalculates how many clans you have and ends up firing the revolt
regardless of that, nomads are insanely op so it really doesn't matter at all, it's easy to defeat those revolts with your warrior society generals and horder army bonuses
>>
Any tips for surviving the crusades? Am playing as the Byzantine Emperor and I swear on my mother that retarded pope is liable to attack anyone but the 80k troop Muslim empire who still hold Jerusalem.
>>
>>335598
Don't give them the chance to blob up, smash stacks as they arrive. While you're waiting for it to pop you could try assassinating major threats to put someone with lower martial in charge. Not relevant to byzantines, but if you can raid you can also murder enemy troops preemptively by raiding.
>>
>>335715
I can raid because I'm Hellenist so thanks for that.
>>
File: 20201225144815_1.jpg (915 KB, 1920x1080)
915 KB
915 KB JPG
>>335783
Oh and also, what the fuck. They attacked while we had a NAP.
>>
When should I convert from Tribal to Feudal? Any tips to ease the transition?
>>
>>336341
When you have your personal holdings upgraded enough and you have a large hoard to keep upgrading the castles and build more holdings.
>>
>>335598
Since the attacker is the pope if you snipe all of his holidngs he will surrender even if you don't have the 100% warscore
>>
>>336457
I did that when playing Vikings. They left Rome fully undefended. But I couldn't get 100% war score from this so I had to fight Crusaders anyway
>>
Do you prefer to hand out Kingdom titles to a small handful of vassals or spread them out?
>>
File: 20201226113510_1.jpg (834 KB, 1920x1080)
834 KB
834 KB JPG
Uhh... German bros? Care to explain?
>>
>>335327
So you can ignore clan sentiment so long as you have 9/9 clans?
I played a little bit of the mongols so far. Would it have killed paradox to add a pillage all command?
>>
>>337557
Saxony converted to islam in my own breton run as well.
Not sure the exact mechanic behind it.
>>
>>337684
Do you have a cap of the ruler when this happened? Might be a Child of Destiny.
>>
>>337698
>those stats
>those modifiers
>random islamic family with bloodline

Of course it's child of destiny. Always turn that shit off.
>>
>>337665
It used to be much worse. You had to re-apply pillaging for every holding every six months before they made it continuous.
>>
>>337798
>turn that shit off
Why do you hate fun, anon? Also, that comment was in reference to the poster saying he had the same experience, not the one who posted the original screen cap.
>>
>>337557
>sultan of germany
Alles in ordnung.
>>
>>337665
>So you can ignore clan sentiment so long as you have 9/9 clans?
Essentially, yeah. From what I remember, you of course will still suffer the opinion malus, but since they don't have any land they're no threat to you at all. Try not to put them in council positions either, just to be sure they have no way to exert any plot power at all. Aside from that, just have fun steamrolling over the world once you get the ball rolling and try not to get carpal tunnel syndrome :)

>Would it have killed paradox to add a pillage all command?
And now remember that the game ended development in 2019, and horse lords was released in 2015...
There were so many ways to make it better too! Many interfaces like the pillage holding one allow you to press "c" to confirm whatever is the action desired, but the pillage one doesn't for whatever reason.
If it did, at least you could just click the alert and press c without having to move your mouse constantly, just that would already make it way, way faster. But even then, I'm sure a pillage all command isn't hard to implement, considering there's multiple mods that do it. Paradox being Paradoxal in their decisions as always.
>>
>>337684
The mechanic is either an invasion by a muslim adventurer or a mass conversion to islam.
I've had the latter happen very, very often actually, more specifically when catholicism is weakened. My SPQR run has seen a lot of muslim russians and vikings pop up sometimes because of this.
However, germanics have a modifier that makes them less likely to convert to islam due to their love for alcohol or something like that, it's pretty dumb but it's a thing, so you shouldn't see it happen very often. Might just be an adventurer after all.
>>
>>337899
People who say to turn off shit like Children of Destiny and whatnot are always the kind of people who play nothing but Christian European nations and get antsy over the thought of anything too ahistorical happening.
>>
>>337557
Why are you using the terrain map and not the political map? What is wrong with you?
>>
>>338466
>>337899
Get over yourselves. While I personally don't bother turning it off, the game forcing
>Wowee, something unexpected happened because the game gave this character insane stats and generally cheated for them! edit: thanks for the gold kind stranger!
isn't very interesting compared to unexpected stuff occuring naturally, like if a muslim mercenary band managed to grab some land and thrived there despite the challenges they faced.
>>
>>338723
This is a pretty autistic take. The fact that you're actually trying to pass it off as being Reddit to enjoy a mechanic that adds more flavor to the game, a new potential threat, and another historical event (because yes, every so often a person of unparalleled talent is born) just because it didn't happen in the generic model of expansion is fucking comical. Unironically a take I would expect from a /v/ user.
>>
>>338723
neither of them but while i agree that having characters thrown out like that may seem like a dumb feature it often results in very, very interesting consequences after their death
from a recent game, having a lithuanian viking invade an united Britannia and take England led to a pretty interesting change in the status quo and the expulsion of the english from france
many other games have had examples of this kind of behaviour too, it's not at all a reddit thing unless you purposefully ignore everything that comes after the initial reddit moment when the character shows up

basically the ramifications of their actions are often very interesting in my games, even if the super characters themselves are not
>>
>>338751
Whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing.
>>338765
I guess that's fair enough.
>>
>>338766
I said a lot, if you're too dumb to understand, that's on you.
>>
I know that there are mods that set game as far back as to the fall of western roman empire, but are there any that go back beyond that? Fuck man, I wish Imperator was more like CKII, so I could play as Cleopatra and seduce roman generals to help me take down r*me.
>>
Any tips for randomized worlds? Have you played with them before, what are the funnest runs/ideas, which settings make the most difference?
Do you like playing with random everything or like to keep some historicity? And are you aware of the animal kingdom easter egg?
>>
>>339082
>so I could play as Cleopatra and seduce roman generals to help me take down r*me.
>t. Dido of C*rthage
>>
>>330613
>playing as an ic*noclast
anon...
>>
File: byjove.jpg (20 KB, 236x315)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>tfw finally finish yanking out all of my heathen christian vassal territory and install proper reformed Hellenist Greeks instead
>>
Do you keep secret religious cults on? I used to think it was a cool concept, but in a large empire with two competing religions it seems like every time it becomes a retarded tug of war where one religion flips, then everyone converts to the old religions cult and flips back, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>340774
My favorite, putting every king in the stoic intelligentsia in between the warrior clubs to peacefully convert every province to Roman.
>>
>>340776
That's exactly what happened to me. I flipped so many rulers in the Byzantine Empire to Hellenism that it eventually came down to constant revocations, revolts, and election tampering until I finally managed to take the reigns and replace everyone with Hellenists.
>>
>>340577
>no Crusades
>comparatively tiny support base
>expected to listen to some retarded priest with no real power
There is basically no reason to play them.
>>
>>340774
You better not keep secret religious cults on, otherwise you'll spend quite literally the entire rest of the game redistributing your land every time it fires
There aren't enough zealous characters in the world to populate the roman nobility
>>
>>340789
How long has it been? Even if you install Hellenists in my experience the indecisive faggots will just start secretly converting to the previous religion
>>
>>340794
Like 10 years in game time. But what I did, for the most part, was recruit nobles through the intrigue menu since they always arrive as your religion. That way, I knew for a fact that they wouldn't have any ties to Iconoclasts.

>>340792
Is a way to disable them mid game?
>>
>>340807
>Is a way to disable them mid game?
lol
only if it isn't an ironman game

In my SPQR game Hellenism has dominated western europe for ~180 years and STILL every single noble has sympathy for christian religions!
Waldensians, Catholics, Orthodox, Iconoclasts...
It literally never ends, just get used to cleaning the house pretty much every generation.
The good part is that, when you get strong enough, all of them just accept revocation immediately, so you don't have to fight a civil war every time, just spend some very boring time revoking and finding new vassals. It's just a part of life for the new roman empire (which I can legitimately see as being a problem if such a thing actually happened since I doubt christianity would ever really die down, but it's still annoying as fuck). Oh, and obviously have religious revocation law enabled, otherwise it'll really be hell.
>>
>>340577
I'm not talking about religion. You can convert to proper Christianity
>>
Anyone else play When the World Stopped Making Sense? What's a consistent way to survive the onslaught of that one Barbar at the start? I did it and I have no idea how. Just one lucky battle and I managed to turn everything around.
>>
>>340563
Yes, it would be interesting alt scenario, with Hellenic east and pagan west.
>>
So i've been playing CK2 for like 5 years now have about 500 hours yadda yadda BUT I've never owned any dlc apart from the African Portraits.
Today, while minding my own business shitposting on 4chan I '''found'''' a complete copy of the game with all the dlc. HOWEVER upon installation I have discovered the launcher is saying the game version is 2.7 while I run 3.3 in the game I own via steam.
A few quick questions for my big brained CK2 bros
>Is there any meaningful difference between version 2.7 and version 3.3?
>Is there a way to simply update the non-steam version to 3.3?
>Is there a way to simply move the dlc from the non-steam version TO the steam version
>What character would you recommend for a longtime player who just got all the DLC?
Thanks bunches and Merry Christmas :)
>>
>>341599
brother, 2.7 was I think Rise of Islam or one of the other eastern updates, that was a solid what, 2 years ago at this point? The map is much, much different now, and there's no hope for compatibility. The sad part is that I have a *completely legitimate* copy of all the DLC, but last time I linked it on this board, nigger jannies weren't too pleased, so that's no bueno. It's crazy how shitty Paradox's encryption is, tho. In theory, if you were to find a zipped folder with all the DLC, all you'd have to do is download the zipped folder, unzip it and copy its contents into the CK2 folder under steamapps.

https://mega.nz/file/zMgGkQCK#FC6wMvwfdJSBhHShldZ6hqjf1X9d4FKXhvjlFtSeO4o
fuck jannies
>>
I wish the previous poster a lifetime of happiness and joy, and a complete absence of trannies
>>
>>335598
It’s basically cheating but you can’t be crusaded if you’re already at war with the Pope. If you’re the crusade target you can declare war on the pope right before the crusade and he’ll pick a new target.
>>
>>341623
...how did I never know about this?
Granted, typically when I'm crusade target I'm already strong enough and have conquered enough of europe to just beat the smaller armies until they lose, but still, hadn't heard of this one before.
>>
>>340792
Cults are only a problem if you spam demand conversion.
>>
>>341637
How to destroy the cults then?
As I said I don't demand conversion, I always land new people pretty much every time the event fires
unless you mean that the reason the cults started was demanding conversion, and that now that they've already snowballed it's too late to end them
>>
>>341631
The pope can't be at war when he declares a crusade. He'll also not declare a crusade for preparation if he's being raided.
>>
>>341640
You keep hunting apostates non-stop and murder/revoke people with sympathies. Only appoint zealous people titles.
>>
File: 1590224284483.jpg (7 KB, 250x205)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>341615
I agree, that guy is a saint.
Unfortunately the trannies at paradox are smarter than I am and can somehow detect that I didn't throw my money into their wallet. I have moved the files correctly BUT the dlc still remains inactive in the launcher.
what do?
>>
>>341672
Havent tried it myself but try this, also one of the comments has a set of steps you can try

https://youtu.be/4PA2-qHJT4g
>>
>>341690
thx anon I'll mess around with it for a bit more.
My old question is still relevant tho
>Is there really a difference between 2.7 and 3.3?
I have literally ONLY played vanilla my entire life....I get it was released like 3 years ago but still.
Also
>Recommend some baby's first dlc characters plz
>>
>>341599
>>Is there a way to simply move the dlc from the non-steam version TO the steam version
Yes, you need to copy the "dlc" and "dlc_metadata" folders from the latest cracked CODEX version to your steam version game folder
then get creamApi files made for CK2
>>
>>341891
>get creamApi files made for CK2
This is what I realized I was missing. Unfortunately I'm on Loonix so this has also turned into a massive headache but I am still very appreciative for all the help :)
>>
>>341698
Haestinn of Nantes.
>>
File: pontifex.jpg (795 KB, 1920x1080)
795 KB
795 KB JPG
Vgh... I will drive all Christian infidels from the land if it is the last thing I do...
>>
>>328206
I honestly don't remember why my demesne was so small, probably because I was in the middle of reorganizing the realm. But yes, Zunist heavy infantry + very good commanders + defending in mountains + personally killing the Sultan mid-battle + a decent number of retinues led to that absolute slaughter.
>>
>>341672
Why not just pirate the whole game with dlc? There are ways to get steam workshop mod without owning them, but since you have the game on Steam it's not even a problem.
>>
>>342344
drive mudslime out of egypt too
>>
File: 20201231011226_1.jpg (833 KB, 1920x1080)
833 KB
833 KB JPG
>>342932
Now that they're out of the mainlands that's a serious possibility. Now that I've got the Invasion CB, I should be able to make serious progress.
>>
>>342931
I'm clearly very dumb and inexperienced lol
I actually ended up giving up as i couldnt figure out a creamapi solution in loonix
>>
File: 20201231133534_1.jpg (907 KB, 1920x1080)
907 KB
907 KB JPG
CATHKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
Why are Heresies so goddamn LAME in CK2?
>>
>>326795
Any of the French dukes are pretty fun. Anjou especially, since you're on the border with the Bretons and (soon to be) English Normandy.
>>
File: 20201231180952_1.jpg (782 KB, 1920x1080)
782 KB
782 KB JPG
The Roman Empire restored under its rightful gods... The Ayylmaos were kind enough to blob so I have a free invasion target once per ruler without the rest of society chimping out at me. Gonna try to take as much of their lands as possible per invasion. Even with defensive pacts on, I should be good to restore the borders.
>>
File: 1592642674771.jpg (20 KB, 300x276)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>343691
>that umayyad empire
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>343691
Is that empire of Kanem Bornu?
>>
File: 20201231192708_1.jpg (815 KB, 1920x1080)
815 KB
815 KB JPG
>>343710
Only reason they haven't taken France is because they're the same religion. Catholicism basically died out years ago.
>>
Vgh... So close yet so far to restoring Rome's glory.

Any tips? I've been using the period in between my rulers' death and the reforming of the defensive pact to invade and do my expanding. But now that I'm this far, I'd like to restore the borders as well instead of AFKing for 300 odd years.

>>343727
Just checked, yeah, blue is Kanem Boru
>>
File: 20210101024216_1.jpg (776 KB, 1920x1080)
776 KB
776 KB JPG
>>344332
Forgot pic. The Umayyads fell to decadence as I was expecting.
>>
Rolling what to play in Guardians of Azeroth, because no better way to start the year than with a mod that is purely the labor of unconditional love for not one but two games, made purely to entertain people.

1.Magatha Grimtotem, one sicknasty plot into other, and getting away with it, join every faction and subvert it from the inside with intrigue, goal is to end up with a tauren-dominated kalimodr.
2.Blackhand. Invade everything in CB range, blackrock and roll.
3. Same, but convert to some absolutely meme religion, turn on the legion when they are summoned and intentionally destroy all the other clans, both titles and culture except Blackrock.
4.The dragonsimp. Some southern isles human count, swear fealty to the Red Dragonflight and be as much of a doormat as Alexstrasza as possible and spread draconic religion.
5.Blood troll count. Subvert the entirety of Zandalar into G'huun worship, then just go on and free all the Old Gods.
6.Some Saurok count. It still cracks me up to this day how these piddly little tribes that barely qualified as kill 12 quest mobs thought themselves as the master race destined to rule the world. Maybe prove them right this time.
7.Merc island. Playing a trade republic somewhere around the southern seas, try to get as much merc companies formed, landed and vassalized as possibe.
8. Some gnoll tribe. Its funny how both their race, religion AND culture gets opinion maluses from everyone, start as ucivs AND have an increased chance of getting negative traits. Would be a nice challenge to form an empire with them.
9.Pharaoh Tekahn. Had it with this gay shit, time to re-originate.
0.Land Kel'thuzad somewhere and go full lich. Never allowed to scheme or rebel against a liege.
>>
>>344541
Alright, time to cow.
>>
>>344541
I'll give this a shot. I've never been able to get into that mod, I only know a bit of warcraft lore and never really had an idea where to start.
>>
>>344600
Playing any of the marque characters of any of the start dates is a pretty good place to start out.
>>
File: PONTIFEX MAXIMVS.jpg (715 KB, 1920x1080)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
There's a special satisfaction in knowing you restored the faith from a single County. This would have been done so much faster if I didn't have to deal with the Byzantine Empire's autistic electoral bullshit to get one of my guys in power.
>>
>>345111
It feels much better when you just let byzcuckium fall to the wayside and restore it as a republic, like the ancient greeks would have intended, rather than a shitty roman larp
>>
>>345138
Or, even better, take over the Byzantines as a tribal/nomad empire like the Hungarian hordes or some shit
>>
>>345111
Or you could have just flipped islamic as emperor to break the succession since it defaults to gavelkind when you flip back.
>>
File: 20210101133154_1.jpg (779 KB, 1920x1080)
779 KB
779 KB JPG
>>345292
Well shit. I wish I had known that.

Also, holy shit.
>>
>>345292
Really? I thought it was tied to the Imperial government type, didn't know that you could just change away from it like that
I imagine you can keep the gov type and go on to change the succession to primo too, right?
>>
>>345562
I've gotten primogeniture as the Byzantine Empire as well. Might have been because I converted to Hellenic as emperor but I never knew the possible reason until now.
>>
File: 20210101203344_1.jpg (658 KB, 1920x1080)
658 KB
658 KB JPG
And with that, the DeReconquista is over. With the Umayyads fragmented beyond belief, they no longer have the power to resist as I conquer whatever remnants of their faction remain in Europe. Though the Muslims may have subjected them to a Jihad, all they did was soften the one buffer between them and annihilation by Roman hands. I now have one less front to fight on and resurrection seems all but assured.
>>
>>345282
Nah, I just like the idea of a trading Polis rising again and forming a Hellenic league, just like back in the old times, especially with flavors like Blood of Alexander, forming the Myrmidons etc.

Just leave the roman larping behind and go back even deeper. Plus it just feels nice to recover all the ancient greek colonies one by one from Neapolis to Massalia, fill them with trade posts and just run a thalassocracy while all the romanaboos, christians, muslims and assorted barbarians are reeeeing at you. Usually I don't even bother taking the barbarian little village of Roma
>>
File: 20210102020718_1.jpg (744 KB, 1920x1080)
744 KB
744 KB JPG
You ever need to pretend everything's okay when really nothing is? I wish that anon had told me about turning off secret societies before I started this run.
>>
>>324249
Buy the DLCs and support the developers, kike.
>>
File: 20210102133056_1.jpg (787 KB, 1920x1080)
787 KB
787 KB JPG
This wasn't how it was supposed to go, bros...
>>
File: 20210102160727_1.jpg (791 KB, 1920x1080)
791 KB
791 KB JPG
>>347860
But anyway, I should be able to restore the toImperial Borders within this ruler's tenure or the next at the very latest—Ideally before the Black Death kicks in. What would be a good name to give my son who finally forms/inherits the complete Roman Empire as commemoration?
>>
>>347868
First and last ruler of Rome was Romulus.
>>
>>325695
I started working on that a while back, never got to complete it though.
>>
>>334894
"Not enough historical sources for the time"
>>
>>328124
CK2plus has a bad map
>>
File: 20210102213839_1.jpg (824 KB, 1920x1080)
824 KB
824 KB JPG
>>347894
Thanks used that one. Might have to have more than one, though. I tried kicking the Bektashi Order out and occupied all their settlements, but they refused because "come on, you pansy!" And they have three baronies I need to finish my Roman Empire. Needless to say, I'm done for today.
>>
>>346754
Honestly I like the outcome of that mechanic, the implementation is a bit wonky but it makes sense that there would be a lot of false conversions and secret adherence to a conquered faith
It just gets really weird when France becomes Orthodox randomly
>>
File: 5exuihampg921.png (810 KB, 826x667)
810 KB
810 KB PNG
>restoring the roman empire
based
>rejecting Jesus and falling back to filthy pagan gods
cringe
mending the schism and btfoing the pope is like the best part dude
>>
File: 20201231224913_1.jpg (774 KB, 1920x1080)
774 KB
774 KB JPG
>>348492
I've already btfo the Pope by making him my bitch before. Orthodoxy since it's basically worse Catholicism, so mending the schism doesn't appeal to me. Not that I didn't make the Pope a joke in this campaign anyway.
>>
>>348546
*Orthodoxy is basically worse Catholicism
>>
File: 20210103012605_1.jpg (686 KB, 1920x1080)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
My progress thus far. Almost done. I'm at that really autistic part of the campaign where I'm just sniping all of the barons and such who managed to evade me up until this point. The last threat, as far as I can tell, are the Bektali. They have a holding in two different counties, which is actually really annoying because they're still allowed to be part of the Defensive Pact on account of being a Holy Order. That said, if there are anymore squatters aside from them, they're definitely just lower level barons outside of the pact so I shouldn't struggle too badly with them. Kinda happy to see this run finally ending, this was a really huge time investment. I'm happy to see it over. Maybe I would have gotten less burnt out if the Romans weren't so fucking UGLY, though. My vassals are essentially bullying the entire rest of the map at this point while I keep everything from falling to shit. Such is life when you spread Alexander's blood across your Empire.
>>
>China gets taken over by Jurchens
>immediately get a notification that some Altaic band is raiding them
>still only shows China in unrest
Does this mean some adventurer is going to come from the East, then?
>>
>>348710
It seems too rare to happen, I've never seen it other than forcing through console
>>
>>348940
I've seen it happen every game I play around Dunhuang but seeing how raiders from steppe are constant problem nobody cares about some chink shit.
>>
File: 20210103104515_1.jpg (736 KB, 1920x1080)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
Aaaaaaaaand done, there's a slight alteration if you do it as a Hellenist. Might keep this save around so I can put one of my family members on the Emperor seat of China. Right now, though, I'm glad it's done first and foremost.

Question, though. How do I deal with supply limits? Whenever I went anywhere, my army was completely demolished by attrition within seconds. That's probably what concerns me the most about tackling China.
>>
>>349126
If you're going deep into enemy territory attrition is going to fug you, occupying holdings (at least one per county) effectively builds a supply line into the enemy territory.
Military organization tech also boost your overall supply limit.
>>
>>349448
Thing is, I usually suffer heavy penalties in my own territory as well. How do I avoid that?
>>
>>328763
>I think I'll set up my own holy order (I think it's the Orders of Chivalry mod
You can already do that in the game without mods.
>>
>>349448
>>349570
What's the most efficient way to boost supply in your own holdings? Are there particular buildings or upgrades?
>>
>>349731
Winter attrition will murder troops where it happens so being glorious Fingol lodge lad is best.
>>
>>349731
The only reliable way to boost supply is tech
>Are there particular buildings or upgrades?
If I recall correctly some great work features might increase the supply limit of that county, but building great works for that is completely retarded.
They only thing that you can do is splitting your armies in smaller stacks and moving them close to eachother but not on the same county and trying to avoid moving through shitty terrain, especially in winter
>>
>no defensive pacts makes game too easy
>defensive pacts make the game too tedious
Why didn't they include an option that made it so, at first, only characters of the same culture would band against you, then characters of the same culture after that? And the fact that holding wars are defended by the pact is retarded as well.
>>
>>348492
Going back Greco Roman faith feels like just bringing back popculture/meme Roman Empire and not restoring actual thing. Horned Vikings tier
>>
>>349895
But anon, being a pagan and bringing back an archaic faith is infinitely more based than kowtowing to the Pope and Christendom.
>>
>>349870
My problem with defensive pacts is that at some point these actually encourage even more aggressive. Like if you have 100% badboy score, you have nothing to lose if you annex massive territory, so if you stop somebody without defense pack you can take as much you can from them without any consequences, you even try to engine these situations. Any time you change character you practically have alot wars just to use that opportunity
>>
>>349903
You don't even know what the Roman practice of their own faith was even like, for example their festivals. If even one person fucked up a minor part of the festival they would be in serious trouble, festivals were a huge deal. Then you have Roman oaths, those were contractual obligations between three parties you, the other guy, and the deity whose name you invoked so breaking an oath was snubbing a deity. Then you have the local family gaudrian deity/spirit-thing which the family was solely responsible for taking care of in their own households.
Ritual sacrifice was also stratified and had to be done in public by a professional.

End result is the same system that you shit on Christians for using, since the Church is Roman.
>>
>>349948
Buuuut if you go Hellenic you can become the Head of Faith and not have to deal with some dumb asshole in a funny hat telling you off for not being his friend.
>>
>>349948
Congratulations on explaining why neopaganism is dumb, but you still didn't refute one part: the pope is gay.
>>
>>349903
>>350073
You know Byzantium is Orthodox right? Not only do they not answer to the pope, you can absolutely shit on him by mending the schism
>>
>>350183
the ecumenical patriarch is trans
>>
>>349903
You can use pagans who actually are in game to shit on Christcucks. Bringing back religion dead for centuries is like playing as Aztec from Sunset Invasion
>>
>>350657
https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/02/22/the-ancient-greek-practice-of-hellenism-lives-on-as-a-modern-religion/

It's literally happening to this day. And there have been accounts of dead religions coming back before. As I recall, it was a pagan tribe bringing back their old faith long after its death because their Christian preachers apparently didn't know how to worship their own faith. How is bringing back Hellenism from a cult any more absurd than the story of Jesus starting his own religion that would last for millennia after his death?
>>
I'm going to return to CK2 after a long EU4 kick and trying out CK3. Any mod suggestions? I never really modded it too heavily, just have a mod that lets me convert settlements (mainly for Rome since it gets filled with churches) and one that lets me mess around with dejure a little so that I can adjust things for custom kingdoms / empires.
>>
>>350657
>Bringing back religion dead for centuries
I'm not the same anon but I want to play devil's advocate for a second: in the 769 start there is one county that is still hellenic (which is probably not historically accurate) and starting as that count and working your way up to roman emperor as a Julian the apostate 2: electric bogaloo can be somewhat challenging and fun.
Even if I agree that an orthodox roman empire makes more sense historically unfortunally ck2's orthodox chirch suffers of lack of kingdom-tier holy wars which also doesn't help the imperial government's retarded inability to usurp kingdoms
>>
>>350657
Yes, but in terms of roleplay it's more logical to restore Hellenism, whether it be an accurate restoration or not, rather than adopt some random native faith like Norse paganism or fucking Tengri shamanism or some shit.
>>
File: 20210104123847_1.jpg (715 KB, 1920x1080)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
>>350807
Yup, that's what I did. Shame he died at 52, I got overzealous with my secret society conversions so he ended up burnt at the stake right when he was about to become emperor. Anyone else get this weird sense of nostalgia seeing their first ruler after so long? They feel so foreign.
>>
>>350952
Yeah it feels weird to see the first 1/2 generations of dukes before the streak of kings and emperor's
>>
>>350807
>which is probably not historically accurate
According to Constantine VII there was a pocket of hellenic pagans in the district of Maina that got converted sometime in 867–886.
>>
>>351267
So strictly speaking we could have Hellenic courtiers in viking age?
>>
>>351303
i mean, it was probably a small community of less than 1000 peasants following it at the time if i had to guess
but knowing paradox this would translate into an event of a hellenic wise philosopher showing up on your doorstep that fires with every ruler from portugal to russia getting them every decade
>>
I was actually terrified on my newest game that I was going to get pinched between a massive middle Eastern Caliphate, Muslim Visigoth Spain and a North African empire. Luckily the Caliphate and North Africa empires just imploded from decadence. Muslim India has stayed stable for a few generations though.

Why is it that one or two religions always crush everything else on shattered world? Slavic completely overtook everything else in the east and never reformed, neither did Germanic. No surprise Catholism and Orthodoxy tanked, the Coptic knights have most of sub saharan Africa but haven't been able to push past that.
>>
>>350838
Its more logical to follow Christianity as Rome and at worst convert to Islam. For Helenistic restoration to be logical it would need to be long process building it up and also independent of player many times too
>>
>>351455
he did say in terms of roleplay though, not in historicity
you could argue that "Well, since it's roleplay, anything goes, there's no such a thing as a more or less logical option!" but i think most people can agree that some roleplay options are more logical, or at least more attractive/justifiable due to a historical precedent or a known future outcome
also i think that a lot of the burden of building the faith up again would fall on the shoulders of the ruler, specially considering that the achievement of restoring the roman empire seems to me like it would grant them a lot of credence even with the common folk
the larger issue (and where the roleplay comes in) is just how much information anyone really had about the old gods at the time, which in reality was probably pretty much none at all
>>
>>351455
He was saying that it's more logical to restore Hellenism over another Pagan religion. But Christianity isn't any more logical than Hellenism if you're playing a character who adheres to the latter. The process of restoring Hellenism is the same as starting any religion—follow it in secret, bring out to the world, then have preachers spread it. The way it's spread in game isn't illogical, it's exactly how it's done. You lay the foundations, then let preachers preach. Not that I agree it even needs to be logical, honestly. CK2 isn't meant to emulate history to a T.
>>
>>351310
Nah, they already showed how they would handle it. Just one county with it as the primary faith.
>>
File: 1524795857553.jpg (203 KB, 900x1178)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
Shattered World planning on creating a near East Hellenic Empire. Capitol in Alexandria or Constantinople?

Planning on calling it the Celestial Empire, unoriginal but I like it.
>>
Imagine restoring Hellenism instead of bringing back Zoroastrianism and creating the ultimate Roman-Persian hybrid superstate
>>
>>351660
Alexandria, makes more sense. Though idk how fun reviving a dead religion is gonna be when everyone's so weak.

>>351883
Does Zoroastrianism have anything unique about it? Hellenic Civilized Doctrine is hard to top.
>>
>>346835
Kill yourwself coonsomer
>>
>>351933
Eh, it's shattered world anyways so why not? I love to have as many things to do as possible every game.
>>
>>351933
Zoroastrianism's got Sky Burials, Concubines and some pretty cool unique decisions related to it (granted you need to own the Persian Empire title to make use of them) like restoring the Priesthood and becoming the Zoroastrian messiah.
It's also got Divine Marriages if you're into the funny haha incest memes.
>>
>>351994
>cool unique decisions
Like what? And what are the messiah mechanics like?
>>
File: winnie.jpg (30 KB, 640x640)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
mfw using superior Chinamen military tactics to punt the Indians into submission as a Sunni White Hun
>>
>>352011
Well, you can restore the Priesthood to basically give Zoroastrianism its own Pope, who can declare Great Holy Wars and generally do everything the Pope can do, except now you have full control over him and his domains. It's also got its own festival you can choose to enact like with certain Pagan religions.
Becoming the Saoshyant's kinda neat too. It's basically just a unique modifier you get if you manages to control all the de jure Persian Empire lands, and gives your player character a unique trait that makes their vassals like them more and gives them extra personal combat skill. It can be passed on to all your descendants too, though the trait they get is weaker than the one your Saoshyant has. Think of it like the Augustus trait or the Sayyid trait.
>>
>>351933
Not having haruspicy, for one.
>>
File: apu_throat_singer.jpg (66 KB, 814x1024)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>352033
>you can restore the Priesthood to basically give Zoroastrianism its own Pope, who can declare Great Holy Wars
I know it's stupid but I wish that you could have some kind of control over the great holy wars once you become the liege of your religious head.
When I restored the zoroastrian priesthood the zoro-pope called for a great holywar for a random steppe kingdom I was bordering and had no intention of conquering (I wanted to expand only on de jure persian lands). Plus those holy wars give the chance to my vassals to become annoyingly too powerful for my everything-must-be-perfectly-ordered autistic taste.
That's why I always go for temporal leadership when I reform pagan religions.
>>
>>352581
I sometimes reform tengrism with prepared invasions when I don't plan to stick around as tengri since it causes chaos with any religion. One game Africans reformed with prepared invasions and Mande counties started appearing all over Western Med.
>>
Hellenic, peaceful, ancestor worship, temporal and civilized.

Will having plenty of positive traits on my deified rulers make them more common on descendants? Not just personality ones but things like genius, I figured it shouldn't but you never know.

How can I maximize my income in regards to my Egyptian trade posts?
>>
>>351883
>creating the ultimate Roman-Persian hybrid superstate
Based, this what these 2 empire should do IRL
>>
>>352659
>How can I maximize my income in regards to my Egyptian trade posts?
Upgrade the trade post buildings
Make one of them your capital so that the steward job will boost the trade post taxes
Build great harbors/lighthouses in the coastal counties with trade post
Have a trade treaty (or whatever it is called) with china and possibly have the silk road not being interrupted upstream
>>
>>352659
>>352735
Also iirc cities should boost trade value so fill those counties with cities if you don't plan to do that with castes because you want more levies
>>
>tfw no Timurlane start
wtf bros...
>>
>>352737
Thanks for the tips maybe I'll make Alexandria a port after all but the idea of a supernatural garden is still pretty appealing.

As an update
One of the 12 conquerors spawned on constantinople and while I've been consolidating northern Egypt they have been rolling Greece and anatolia. It seems like they will be declaring the byzantine empire pretty soon. I managed to nab my holy sites in Greece but I'm still waiting on Syracuse and Rome. I was planning on invading Greece after Egypt but it's looking like I'll have to consolidate Mesopotamia first which is ultimately fine by me. I'm really looking forward to my future wars with the byzantines. I kept on the consolidation cb so hopefully I'll be fighting tons of empires this game.

I know its faggy but I really enjoy starting as a hellenic Roman and building my entire empire from scratch and seeing it prosper.

I'm planning on converting all open baronies into cities once I create the stoic Intelligentsia.

Wonders I'm planning on building in order are
Garden
Library
Temple
Palace
Universities
Ports

Anything else you guys would recommend and where should I put them?
>>
Is there any reason not to choose temporal when reforming your religion?
>>
>>353040
Only fags think having fun is faggy
>>
>>353116
yeah, you don't get excommunication from hierocratic/autocephalous or the stat bonuses from autonomous as temporal, but it's still the better choice 99% of the time if you're not roleplaying
>>
>>353040
>but the idea of a supernatural garden is still pretty appealing
Don't build the garden in your capital, you can build it in any county and the bonuses will go to you (as any other great work)
>>
>>353116
You can ask your pope to declare holy wars at high threat levels
>>
>>353216
Yeah but the boost to health in province is only in the place you build it. Less plagues mean less dead courtiers, less economic downturns, higher rule stats and less ruler deaths. Sure it might not seem like that much at face value but it will save you a lot of lost time and cash in the long run.

Not to mention for roleplay reasons I think I'd rather keep my fountain of eternal youth in my Capitol than my palace of concubines are artifacts.
>>
The fuck am I meant to do as a Nomad? I started as the mongols in the early start date, got my independence from my Suzerain, and after that I felt like I wasn't really making progress because I would constantly lose my men to attrition and waste whatever little money I had on reinforcing them. No matter how much I expanded, I barely ever felt stronger either. Also, how do I do that strat the one anon recommended where you give a clan one bad county each when I start with a cap of /2? Am I meant to aim for 9/2 from the start?
>>
>>353698
Nomads are easy
>I would constantly lose my men to attrition
pay attention to the supply cap then, moron, and split your armies accordingly
>barely ever felt strong
How? get are easily the strongest goverment type militarily. Go with entirely light cavalry til you can afford to replace some with the light/heavy cav retinue.
>Also, how do I do that strat
It's more hassle than it's worth imo, but you can create more clans, either the normal way or by letting one rebel.
>>
>>353741
Is supply limit just the maximum amount of troops you can have on a county or is there some other way to calculate how many troops you can have there without suffering attrition? And the issue isn't supplies as far as the nomads are concerned. It's the weather randomly turning to winter and killing off countless of my men. What makes them the strongest militarily aside from their cavalry focus?
>>
>>353813
>Is supply limit just the maximum amount of troops you can have on a county
Yes. Other things do affect it but the number you see is always the max you can have there without attrition. Pay attention to the date, winter is not random.
>What makes them the strongest militarily aside from their cavalry focus?
Cavalry have one of the best strength to cap usage/cost ration of any unit, there's no light infantry filler dragging you down and tanking your moral by dieing, pursue out the ass so you delete entire armies when you win a battle, and you have full control over your army comp so you can easily force a certain tactic that will buff every unit in your army.
You can use
>https://navelist89.github.io/ck2cts/
>https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Combat_tactics
to figure out what works best, but iirc the progression for me was full prestige light cav, then two light cav to one heavy vanguard, to as many heavy vanguard as you can field or full heavy cav units if your culture or location of your capital (south or western europe) permits. brave/aggressive/cav leader traits on your commanders helps when you've got some heavy cav because they make charges more likely.
>>
>>353698
If you're running nomad at earliest start date winter attrition in the northern Steppe is going to murder troops since you'll only have garbage tech and no felt crafter to up the winter supply. Hit your enemies in summer blitz and dump the counties to clans.
>>
>>353262
>Yeah but the boost to health in province is only in the place you build it.
Personally I don't fint the disease protection that useful considering that your capital will have maxed out hospitanal anyway.
>Not to mention for roleplay reasons
And ultimately you choose your own roleplay choices, if you want the holy fountain in the capital, dew it. Though if i's going to be Alexandria a great lighthouse or great library would be more appropriate.
>>
>>354379
That's fair, maybe I will turn all of my coastal provinces into grand harbors for the dosh since I'm planning on building so many money sinks.

I'm actually really looking forward to the coming Syria wars.
>>
>kidnap emperor
>demand installation of claimant
>automatically win war
Wow
>>
Would there be anyone here interested in doing a co-op run?
>>
Tried CKIII, little things and changes pissed me off, back to II.
>>
>>355203
Sadly, too busy, plus I play on pirated copy, even if I own the base game.
>>
how long does it take tech to spread was thinking of putting a grand fortress in my capital and putting great walls in the surrounding provinces, but the walls require like 5 construction
>>
>>355525
You should put the walls in the capital, it will give you more levies
>>
just bought ck3
what am i in for lads
>>
>>355964
yeah but I like the idea of putting massive county long walls around my capital
>>
>>355971
If it goes like it went for me you will have one, maybe two days of novelty and then you'll start to miss the things ck2 has and ck3 is missing
But hey, maybe you'll like it more
>>
>>355973
>be king of Sicily, hold court in Palermo
>build Great Walls in every county in duchy

Imagine the levies.
>>
im thinking about getting into ck but idk if i should get 2 or 3. i heard 3 is more beginner friendly but has less features
>>
>>355988
i started with 2. its also free
>>
>>355988
On the next big sale just pick up CK2 with all the dlcs you will have more fun with the finished game or alternatively get the five finger discount.
>>
Be honest, do you play with Defensive Pacts or disable them so you can bloooob faster?
>>
>>355988
Ck2 with the dlcs is better but ck3 has more content for the price.
>>
>>355988
Get 2 and pirate the DLCs. That way you get the full experience for free. If you want multiplayer, you can get that to work with a little bit more effort.
>>
>>356100
Can you link a guide for multiplayer with pirated DLC?
>>
>>356097
disable because they're horribly implemented, they encourage massive blobbing at big chunks instead of small gains, which would be expected
it's dumb that my roman empire taking a single county or holding causes the entire world to go into alarm when that makes absolutely no sense at all
it should limit massive expansion, not encourage the player to always shoot for getting kingdoms or empires in each war since the threat generated is so massive when you're big
>>
>>356102
I only tried MP with pirated DLCs in EU4, but what worked for me there was using Codex's Steam emulator and Steam together. There should be a similar fix for CK2 (and you could try using the EU4 fix on cs rin ru).
My theory is that Paradox tried blocking pirated DLCs from hosting by making the Steam servers shut down ingoing traffic if CreamAPI gets detected, and the emulator basically circumvents that.
>>
>>356097
I disable them, since coalitions/defensive pacts weren't really a thing. If I wanted to discourage blobbing, I'd make it so that rulers of smaller states bordering aggressive realms want to swear fealty to a stronger power or something similar.
For example, if the HRE is pushing east and the king of Poland exists, most independent Polish dukes would want to swear fealty to him in order to protect their lands.

The current mechanic is too "gamey" and clearly intended to punish the player for managing a large realm.
>>
>>355974
just finished playing for now
is it just me or is ck3 a lot easier than ck2
>>
>>356268
Nah, I agree. Super easy to blob and get everyone inside your realm to like you. There's like no threats or challenge
>>
>>356268
In terms of power-gaming, definitely. Its much harder to try and engineer historically-plausible scenarios imho.
>>
File: 20210108001720_1.jpg (975 KB, 1920x1080)
975 KB
975 KB JPG
Something that could be fucking huge for your guys' future runs if you decide to do an Eti to Habsburg run. Once you establish the Von Habsburg dynasty, your bastard automatically takes the name... as do their kids regardless of whether they were in a marriage to take your family name. You could plant a bastard into a royal family, change names, and you automatically have a royal family member to switch over to.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l3DdiV3PrQ&list=PLKHS5gZnUCTwgJKM-5wByput20laxnpKN

How did he declare war with a raised army at 19:25? I thought that mercenaries counted as raised armies that prohibited you from declaring war.
>>
Are there any good EU4 converters besides the official one? there was one on the steam workshop but it's not working anymore
>>
>>356976
only your levies will stop you from declaring, mercs, retinues and event troops won't
>>
>>357033
Holy shit, what the fuck? That's insane, I never knew that
>>
File: islamic wojak.jpg (25 KB, 480x360)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
GOD TIER
>Islam
>Catholicism
>Germanic Paganism
>Hellenic Paganism
GREAT TIER
>Orthodoxy (as Byzantines)
>Zoroastrianism
Meh tier
>Judaism
>Non-Catholic, non-Byzantine Christianity
>Eastern religions
>Other pagan
>>
>>359066
>not putting tengri as god tier with its insane cavalry bonuses
besides, i'd put all pagan faiths above orthodoxy at the very least
even if they're not god tier initially, all reformed faiths can be superior to orthodoxy with their op tenets
romuva in particular stands out due to how easy it is to reform, considering how their holy sites are all very close to each other
>>
>>327753
Praise the motherfucking Sun, Muslim bitches.
>>
File: islamic apu.jpg (24 KB, 652x528)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>Jihad for Sicily
>Literally nobody but the Pope and some random dukes from places nobody has ever heard of care about defending Sicily

>Crusade for Sicily
>Literally every single man, woman and child in Christendom starts pouring into my sweet white shariah caliphate
Why is the Catholic AI like this?
>>
>>359077
I'd say Slavs are a bit better since you can get a lot of similar culture and religion vassals to your war chariot as you go. (Also fuck horse niggers)
>>
>>359195
the AI actually gets something out of crusading for it as opposed to defending it
>>
>>359066
Is this in order? If so, Hellenic over Islam and Catholicism for sure. Civilized is too fantastic for it to be anything but the best. Also, in the only start date it's available, Catholicism is liable to be in complete shambles due to how fragile Francia is.
>>
>>359077
Settling on the steppe as tribal reformed tengri Jurchen lets you have some really fucking insane cavalry levies.
>>
>>359206
I dunno, I see being the same religion to your neighbors as a negative as you can't just county conquest eight neighbors at a time every time you come off truce. Plus romuva has got eldership, arguably the second best inheritance law, right out of the box.
>>
Playing as the 769 start Etichonen turned Habsburg. Got the Empire seat and the only pressing concern seems to be keeping my heir on the seat (he got fucking cancer but I wanna see if I can cure him of it by playing as him, then swapping over to his brother) and keeping them there long enough to achieve absolute centralization for Primogeniture. Otherwise, are there any goals I should be aiming for? After getting to this point, it would feel like a plain vanilla game if I went in without any direction other than "fuck the shit out of the Umayyads."
>>
>>356268
>>356273
>>356534
Having not played ck3, how is it easier to blob in it vs. 2?
I thought ck3 forced you to stick with elective gavelkind or something similar?
>>
>>356268
It's definitely easier. I think it's mainly down to the new fame and dread systems, as well as the fact that you get better military etc. scaling at higher ranks like emperor. In CK2 your vassals expanding on their own could be quite dangerous, since often they might gain enough land to overpower your smaller vassals, or get enough troops to give factions huge power. In CK3 your vassals are so completely incompetent with land management that you'd be lucky if a kingdom vassal could break 5K troops (while you yourself might be somewhere around 30-50K). That, and the fact that vassal management is so easy (literally just spam executions or farm prestige for +20 or +30 general opinion, and if you have a temporal faith then piety boosts opinion even more). In CK2 the only realistic way you could get huge opinion boosts was by tutoring god-tier heirs or by spamming great works, but by that point you've already won.

>>361274
The systems in CK2 are horribly balanced. Basically, a lot of the stuff I highlighted earlier in this post is made a lot easier the higher rank you. So the more you expand and conquer land, the easier vassal management becomes and the less you have to worry about faction revolts since the AI will never be able to reach even close to just your demesne troops, and everyone will have 100 opinion of you at all times. While not necessary, reforming your faith is extremely OP for a few reasons: As I mentioned before, if you're the head of a temporal faith, then your piety boosts general opinion IN ADDITION TO prestige boosting it as well. It's not hard to get at minimum +40 opinion on everyone with this. On top of this, if you pick communion as a tenet, your vassals will literally spam you with money so you can easily become super rich that way. To be blunt, the only reason that many of these limits like partition etc. are forced is because the devs realized how absurdly easy the game was and needed something to slow down the player juggernaut.
>>
>>361366
>The systems in CK2 are horribly balanced
I meant CK3, CK2 is unbalanced but nowhere close to CK3
>>
>>361369
CK2 is balanced pretty terribly as well, let's be real. It's easier to keep opinion high in CK2 because you can just give a vassal a duchy that's far or unrelated to their holdings, they destroy it, and you can immediately give them the same one as many times as you need to to max out their opinion.
>>
>>361547
Duchy title what have no holding or vassals with it, so its just empty title.
>>
>>361366
Opinion doesn't really matter in PDX games anyway. They always do the same mistake, it's too easy to increase so they end up adding a second parameter that actually matters (like trust in EU4 and Stellaris) or just decouple a lot of mechanics from it (like in CK2 where opinion used to matter but they replaced it with a bunch of stuff like "am I a de jure vassal", "distance from capital" and so on).
They never learn.
>>
tfw anal sex with a twink
>>
File: apu.png (189 KB, 640x516)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
Mfw playing with the immersive cultural music mod and this song starts playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVtAP9LSZf0
>>
>>361547
>>361644
That's a game rule that you can change though (and you should)
>>
File: 20210110123907_1.jpg (727 KB, 1920x1080)
727 KB
727 KB JPG
Oh hell fvcking yes.
>>
>>363173
Better move that retinue in Central Asia if he hasn't risen yet.
>>
>>363190
Can't I just give him a landed title to stop him from spawning his army? And can adventurers attack their own liege?
>>
>>363200
Think the only way to prevent him from going on adventure is to imprison but I have no idea since I just kill Seljuk or Sabuktigin.
>>
>>363211
Kinda hope he does try to attack me desu. Then I can imprison and release him so I can groom his children myself. I want at least one of them specced diplomacy so I can make them an heir. Ideally with the Greek facial model cause 90 percent of Mongols look fucking UGLY.
>>
File: 20210110160225_1.jpg (657 KB, 1920x1080)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
God the endgame is so fucking dull. I just have to wait a century so I can transfer this shit to EU4. Does anyone know if my final leader's name is transferred over as well? Or is a random leader generated instead?
>>
>>363422
he is transferred, as well as some of his traits being translated into eu4 versions and his skills translating to monarch points
but why would you transfer this game, honestly? just to beat up china and have an easy wc?
>>
>>363529
Yes.
>>
>>363422
You don't have to wait out the clock to transfer the game.
The transfer button is available whenever you hit resign, regardless of date.
>>
>>363623
Oh yeah, but I want to keep my final leader for RP purposes. Never played EU4 for more than an hour but the emotional investment of a mega campaign where I know the history of the family I'm playing as is going to do wonders for my investment. I started as a count and got myself all the way up here, too, so I'm pretty attached to the run at this point.
>>
>>363623
>>363677
i didn't reply because i thought you already knew this, but adding to his answer transfering the game before the end date generally brings some unwilling results, related to lower technology and world development overall
it might seem like it could be interesting but really it only makes the game slower from what i've heard
also since china and the rest of the world isn't included in the ck2 map this can make the regions even more unbalanced than they are
>>
>>363677
I did something really similar years ago as well. Climbed up the ranks of the Byzantine Empire, formed Rome, took over a shitload of land, and converted to EU4 which I had only a few hours in previously (this was before hellenism was in CK2).
I don't know if the converter has the same quirks as then, but I would definitely make sure to try and convert the culture and religion of as many counties as possible prior to going to EU4, or else you'll spend the first few years playing whack-a-mole with a dozen different revolts. I can't remember too much other advice, unfortunately, but that was the one big thing that stuck out in my mind.
>>
I wish CK2's heresies were more fleshed out desu. Sucks that interesting religions like the Cathars and Druze just aren't really worth playing with compared to their more mainstream religious counterparts.
>>
>>363422
>>363173
whats the point of going to EU4 when you're already that big?
>>
File: 20210110202509_1.jpg (688 KB, 1920x1080)
688 KB
688 KB JPG
>>363685
>>363689
Thank you. All the more reason to see it through to the end, I guess. I'm not worried about religion (you guys saw my map, I'm fine) but culture is a bit more problematic since the only way to convert it directly is through the Stoic Intelligentsia. It's a bit of a mess.
>>
>>363716
see >>363677
>>
>educating people about being a cringe-ass nae-nae Roman via the Stoic Intelligentsia
>not educating them about being a cool and based Hungarian or Sami or some shit
>>
How the fuck do I survive as the Jewish African King in the Iron Century start? I can't bait enemies into attacking even when I split my troops in half cause they're too smart to attack me on a mountain
>>
>>363942
Swear fealty to an emperor and subvert their nation from within. Bonus points for every decadence revolt you inevitably cause.
>>
>>363973
It really works with Muslims since only zealous Muslims will try to convert you.
>>
>>363973
How do you cause the AI to suffer decadence revolts? I've never figured out how to manipulate the AI into becoming decadent.
>>
>>364345
You whack people in such order that decadent people end up on throne. And losing holy wars causes nice decadence hits. You could also try to invite dynasty members to your court and keep them unlanded until they become decadent.
>>
>>324233
So, haven't played CK2 in about 2 years. Is CK3 different enough that it won't eclipse CK2? My potato laptop can't run CK3, am I missing much?
>>
>>364366
CK3 is still barren in terms of content and events. I swear you can go through all the events in a single life.
Maybe after 300$ worth of DLC it will be worth buying but for now just stick to CK2.
>>
>>364366
I’d be surprised if your ancient rig can’t run CK3, it runs better than CK2, but that said CK3 still needs way more events to be fun.
>>
>>364483
if you have a garbo gpu (which is very often the case with laptops) it doesn't run well, sadly
>>
>>364483
My laptop runs with integrated GPU and while it CAN run CK3 it runs pretty choppy.
>>
>>364483
I dunno man, last time I tried playing CK3 with an Integrated HD Graphics GPU the game ran about as well as a paraplegic having a stroke.
>>
>>361547
except creating titles cost money and piety
>>
>>364643
Literal nothing resources once you have a kingdom, even less than nothing when you have an empire.
>>
File: 20210111203619_1.jpg (659 KB, 1920x1080)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
Current state of my Ethiopian Jew campaign. Kinda nuts so far. On top of constantly having to worry about a potential Muslim attack now that the Miaphysites are gone, I need to upgrade the shitty tribal holdings of every tribe I conquer because expanding anywhere else is a suicide mission with all the Arabs waiting to gangbang me. Doesn't help that the Jewish retinue are fucking upgraded LIGHT INFANTRY. No wonder everyone in history dabs on this meme religion. It's funny though, every Jew you can invite to court is always insanely talented because they're exclusively from events goyims have where they help them escape persecution. Helps even it out slightly.

Gonna have to make Kanem Booru before anything else, though. Thankfully, the African pagans seem like a smaller threat.
>>
>>364834
Just convert to Islam.
>>
File: 20210112012725_1.jpg (580 KB, 1920x1080)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>365006
Nah. The journey is as important as the destination. I'd basically be robbing all the flavor and difficulty from the campaign if I did that.

Anyway, a few opportunistic land grabs later and we're here. I'm about to attack that heretical caliph to get the land on the lower right, then holy war for my first site after I establish a border with it. Shit's staying pretty tense at all times. The only reason the Egyptian Sultan hasn't declared war on me yet is because I've been sending chancellors to up his opinion of me. If he attacks, a loss is almost inevitable considering all the land that borders him is mostly plains. Currently, I'll building up military buildings because aggressive expansion is not the game plan here. Gonna see if I can afford another unit to my retinue.
>>
>>365022
I have recently started a game similar to yours only that I have started as solomonid ethiopia in 769 and later converted to judaism and the game is multiplayer
I don't know about the iron century start but ethiopian counties start with trash tech, if you're going to expand in yemen I'd suggest you to move your capital (I personally put mine in Aden so I could also reap the benefits of the trade post)
>>
File: 20210112114100_1.jpg (853 KB, 1920x1080)
853 KB
853 KB JPG
MUJAHIDS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: scots420.png (582 KB, 1024x768)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
CK1 but rate my Scottish Ireland. Can't finish out Scotland without full-blown war with England.
>>
So what are the actual "must get" dlcs for ck2?
>>
>>366119
How well does CK compare to the others? Is it a HOI2/EU2 situation where it's surprisingly competitive with later entries in the series?
>>
I don't get conclave's education system. Does anyone have any advice?
>>
File: 1585676782968.jpg (131 KB, 1280x865)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>367503
this and picrel
https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Education_(Conclave)
there's no single useful tip since it depends on what childhood traits your kid has
but generally you should aim for them to be smart and diligent and use guardians with the fitting intervention traits
if possible, teach them yourself
>>
>>367393
You "must get" them all through piracy.

Failing that, Holy Fury, Way of Life, Monks and Mystics, Legacy of Rome, and The Sword of Islam. Have not played a Republic yet so no comment.
>>
>>359066
Romuva or bust. Islamoids and christoids get out.
>>
>>367503
My rule of thumb answer is to just give Thrift to everyone
>>
>>367557
>>369028
I haven't played conclave since it was the last of the ck2 dlcs, but it just seems like the education system is needlessly complex.
I hope the other features are worth it to start up a playthrough with conclave on.
>>
>>369239
they definitely are worth it imo
the education system is indeed unnecessarily complex, there's honestly no point to make it this impossible to deal with without a chart and data table
my personal theory is that they made it this way on purpose so the player just lets it play out as it does and deal with the cards they're dealt, since that's pretty much what the ai does as well
so take solace in the fact that the ai just picks random choices for education as well and almost always messes it up too :^)
>>
>>367409
It’s pretty playable with DVIP mod + add-on and lowest AI aggression for more palatable maps. One or two kingdoms will turn into Balkanized turds anyway. I've tried getting Bopack mod to work as well since they’re all compatible but it won’t.

Honestly, I think it’s harder to blob in CK1 than 2, with more rebellious vassals and harder titles to create/usurp. Crusades are very lacking and dynasties are less fleshed out. Inbreeding reaches insane levels later in the game, especially in large kingdoms where one or two families end up holding most titles and never marrying out of the cousin-fucking orgy. Technology and laws play bigger roles in combat and management respectively. Around 1300 the game is paralyzed with lag from all the characters. In all I would say it’s buggy but fun and harder than CK2
>>
>>369239
>>367557
TlDR I almost always pick thrift for my heir unless the kid is already quick or a genius in which case I pick duty since quick or genius kids cant get curious.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (21 KB, 408x700)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>
>>359066
African religion has super good unique doctrines, Romuva gets eldership which is a really good inheritance law. Slavic is meh, Tengri is great because of the cavalry bonuses which makes them great for Nomads.
>>
>>359066
Romuva is god tier, other pagans great tier, hellenic meh tier because forced haruspex.
>>
I know a lot of people would turn their nose up at it, but tentacled dreams is a really fun mod. Very complex with a good bit of content.
>>
File: angrydognoises.jpg (106 KB, 800x450)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>369406
>>
>>368642
Eh, Romuva's a bit too basic-bitch for my tastes. It's basically just a lamer Germanic.
Now Bon on the other hand...
>>
>>369813
Haruspex doesn't matter. You're going to be overwhelming with numbers 99 percent of the time anyway. Mild annoyance at best for the trade off of being able to raise vassal levies with no opinion penalty. With the Invasion CB, you're unstoppable.
>>
>>341599
500 hours in 5 years is not playing at all
>>
>>324233
How do I escape from the immortality event bros? Every mystic that comes to me is a fake one and dying too early would mess up my plans
>>
Im Bretonian duke. Suddenly 120k Orc invasion from a fucking nowhere. What do?
>>
>>370367
Unless the mystic has like 20 learning AT LEAST they're 100% a phoney.
>>
>>370622
I know how to identify a fake one it's just the fact that all of them were not legit
>>
>>370677
so savescum obviously
>>
File: jerry.jpg (27 KB, 800x450)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>370680
>savescum
>>
>>367557
>>369340
I agree with this guy, picking thrift is best in all circumstance except when their smart, since becoming shrewd can make them dumber, but I pick struggle rather than duty so I can make the left over heirs into competent generals where they can die for the good of the Empire.
>>
I read somewhere that it is possible to go from fedual to nomadism. Anyone try this?
>>
>>369821
>tentacled dreams
Does it still turn EVERY female in the game into a tentacle slut?
>>
>>375085
It's what happens when you push your claim on a horde as feudal.
>>
>>369028
>>369340
>>373178
Is thrift the best pick because stewardship is OP or are the other choices just suboptimal?
>>
>>375097
The traits you can get from thrift seem to be optimal.
>>
File: fuckingcultists.jpg (687 KB, 1920x1080)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
After 7 centuries, a story that began with a count Anastasios reviving his religion ends with an Augustus Anastasios securing its grip on the world.

God that was fucking tedious, I'm never doing it again. I stopped playing, really, by 1300. Then, I stared at the screen for a century and a half. Thankfully, I managed to convert almost all of the provinces that were overrun with secret societies. Here's to curbstomping India, China, and then the world in EU4.
>>
File: king.png (21 KB, 607x540)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
And here are the stats of my last leader and his son. The transfer doesn't seem to be working though. I put the folder in mods and nothing's loading up.
>>
>>375379
You may have to revert to an earlier version of EU4 for the converter to work. I know I had to last time I used it, but that was years ago, so it may be a different issue.
>>
>>375384
Which version?
>>
>>369941
It should be more important than germanic, if swedes were not such cucks, it held out longer.
>>
>>369821
coom mods are pretty good for CKII
>>
>>375582
But in-game it's probably the most boring religion. It's super easy to reform and really doesn't feel all that different from the rest of the nearby Northern pagan faiths. At least Suomenuskos get a cool unique hat for reforming with a temporal head and Slavs have that unique reform that allows them to sail up rivers. Romuvans are like the store-brand cola of pagans.
>>
>>375753
>not wanting to be GrosseEstonia
cringe
>>
>>375096
>It's what happens when you push your claim on a horde as feudal.
Guess I'll have to try this on my next playthrough
>>
>>375090
No, I believe they put limits on who can corrupt people. Plus theres a game rule for how common npc corrupting is.
>>
>>375753
Well, whatever. I play them.
>>
>>375753
>empty non argument
Thanks for replying with what amounts to "I just don't like them so I call them meaningless buzzwords because I can't put my dislike into words because I don't really have a reason"
>it's like germanic even though it has a unique succession, elders to keep, and ancestor worship.
>slavics are interestong because when you reform them, their unique doctrine makes them more like germanic
what's boring is your double digit IQ take.
>>
>>375795
Estonians aren't Romuvan Anon, Balts are.
>>
>>377125
They are partially romuvan, at least in 867
>>
File: 20210119213004_1.jpg (964 KB, 1920x1080)
964 KB
964 KB JPG
Is there anything more kino than Warrior Kings?
>>
File: tacitus.png (2.15 MB, 1440x810)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>377261
I tutor all my heirs in martial, whether they like it or not. I don't need any weaklings in my familty.
>>
>>377316
>Hellenic Roman emperor
Kino
>>
>archery range gives 60% attack on archers
>raiding and duelist ancestor bloodlines give 20% each for light troops
>100% bonus attack langbau volleys before leader bonuses
>>
>>326405
mm. Numbers matters a lot in ck.
>>
>>377316
I love that they never fixed the Hellenic titles, so you’re the sword of JuperiterNeptuneMars...
>>
>>377316
wait is your Hellenism unreformed? I started getting ZeusPoseidonHadesHeraDemetreAthenaAresHapheaestusAphrediteApolloArtemisHestia instead.
>>
>>378200
No, it's reformed but they're using the Latin names instead of Greek ones because my culture is Roman. The order is the same though, just translated.
>>
>>378163
>>378200
The fact such an obvious and easily fixable bug is still in the game is hilarious.
>>
is CK3 better than CK2 yet?
or will it never be?
>>
>>378944
when it gets more content and DLCs it will be better
>>
Are there any mods that add more things to do aside from blob?
>>
>>378944
Maybe in a decade, probably not ever though.
>>
>>377261
>Warrior Kings
That's an actual rts.
>>
Are there any fun RP goals to accomplish as the Holy Roman Habsburgs?
>>
>>381235
Well obviously forming the Archduchy of Austria by unifying Bavaria and Carinthia under you. Then get Bohemia, Croatia, Hungary and North Italy. And dump Habsburgs on every foreign throne.
>>
Is playing as the Hansa any fun. I wanna do a merchant republic run that isn't ass for a change.
>>
>>378944
not until they remove fervor
>>
>>381365
It could be if you go pagan. I actually did form Hansa once starting in Viking Age but it's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>324233
Do you guys use HIP at all?
>>
>>381452
Nordic merchant republics are no fun, there's just too little money in that area. Islamic merchant republics on the other hand are a lot of fun.
>>
>>382431
>he hasn't tried going full pirate republic with Berbers yet
Bonus points if you go Catholic so you can dab on all the other Arabic culture groups.
>>
>>382228
My favorite overhaul
>>
>>382228
i dont like that faction shit
>>
File: 20210123235101_1.jpg (677 KB, 1920x1080)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
Indians are actually pretty aesthetic. Beards are mandatory, though. On a side note, if I convert to Jain, do my vassals become less aggressive or would they need to convert as well? I'm playing Sunni for the expansion opportunities but I'm going to briefly switch over to an Eastern religion so I can form India, then go back. I just don't want to be assassinated before that happens. Does turning off religious revocation law make vassals less likely to convert when you do, by the way?
>>
File: tibet.png (3.57 MB, 1728x972)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB PNG
>>384581
>India makes aesthetic empires
I agree
>all that other shit
I wouldn't know, I don't own the india DLC
>>
>>384592
made for big protectorate cock
>>
>>384597
I don't have the China DLC either
>>
>>324233
Help me get back into the game, bros. I had a great ironman going as Georgia, but I forgot to transfer the save file when I got my new laptop last August.
I have Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam, and the Reaper's Due.
>>
File: 20210124144114_1.jpg (805 KB, 1920x1080)
805 KB
805 KB JPG
I-Is this really all China can do? Oh no no no no no...
>>
File: 20210124153639_1.jpg (648 KB, 1920x1080)
648 KB
648 KB JPG
>>385153
Current progress. I'm about wrapping up India, albeit while hoping and praying China gives up before their meme stacks come at me. All that's needed are a few more wars then I'll be done. It's especially retarded as they vassaled people in India, making it infinitely harder than their usual Suzerain deal. After that, I need to start thinking about how I'll handle the Byzantine Empire since they have around 50k troops at their disposal.
>>
>>385173
just submit to the BBC (Big Byzanine Cataphracts), they're going full Alexander on your ass
>>
>>385130
get Charlemagne so you can do a kino Hellenic Rome campaign
>>
where do I check the specific stat bonuses terrain gives?
>>
>>385449
>Hellenic Rome
>not Tengri Rome
Weak.
>>
File: 20210125013543_1.jpg (632 KB, 1920x1080)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
>>385177
not if I can form IndiAllah first bitch
>>
>>383096
>>382431
What's the best start date to go Berber Republic? I tried the one when you're a vassal of the Umayyads but it was annoying since they kept attacking everyone and my trade posts kept getting burnt down.
>>
>>386074
769 allows you to properly build up the Maghreb region as a Berber tribal, and serves as a great place to raid from due to its costal nature.
Also I wish Somalians could raid overseas like the Berbers could, if only so then you could do some wacky Somalian pirate shenanigans with India and the Arabic/Persian coastlines.
>>
File: 20210126122203_1.jpg (612 KB, 1920x1080)
612 KB
612 KB JPG
So how do I into Ogre?
>>
>>377316
Also martial education can go up quickly if you personally lead troops

If you get novice diplomat/steward education you're pretty much stuck with it for life
>>
>>387040
I know you can bump up your education by one rank with certain focuses but martial can do it more than once? Shit I gotta try that.
>>
>>387050
Yeah I like to start as a tough soldier peasant leader and work my way up to brilliant strategist in non iron man playthroughs
>>
>>387050
Yeah, so even if you get a weak martial education you can just set your focus to war and eventually you'll level it up to brilliant strategist. I've had it proc even while I wasn't at war/in battle too.
>>
Are merchant republics fun?
>>
>>388104
Merchant republics massively punch above their size but being restricted to low crown authority means you can't really control your vassals. If you like massive retinue stacks or Jewing around destroying realms from the inside merchant republics are for you.

There is a Jewish patrician in Iron Century under Umayadds for unleashing your inner Jew.
>>
>>388104
not really, they're an interesting idea but their meta is extremely annoying to do for me
it also stops being interesting like 2 generations in when you've already seen the only two special event chains they have and now have to micro everything in a really annoying way
>>
>>388104
i dunno but i kept one as pet vassal, usually as king of venice
>>
>>388104
having to constantly throw money at the elections to not get cucked is kinda annoying.

On the other hand having a massive private army with your manor upgrades is fun and lets you embrace your inner ancap.
>>
How do merchant republics operate if you have two with the same patrician dynasties? Can I freely nominate or inherit in the other? I dumped my son into Venice and made it merchant republic some decades ago and am now contemplating settling in Genoa or Antioch to do the same.
>>
>>388562
I have no idea but am also extremely interesting in this possibility, does anyone know what would happen?
But then again, I don't see how you'd put your dinasty in command of another merchant republic if not by creating it as a vassal

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.