[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's the verdict?
Good or shit?
>>
>>273535
Was it a good game? Yeah.
Was it a good DoW successor? Nah.
>>
>>273535
i like enemy conversations between missions.
>>
>Same campaign for everyone
Lame
>>
Modded it, plays like a real DoW game now.
Vengeance of the Blood angels, bois.
>>
>>273543
It felt pretty mediocre.
>>273956
>only official RTS with Nids
>campaign is garbage
Feels bad.
>>
>>273535
Worth playing for the orc campaign.
>>
The inquisitor herself is one of the worst leaders across all factions unless I've missed some well-hidden synergy or something like that.
>>
>>273535
Shit but fun in some way, so guess is good.
>>
Orcs where fun
Campaign not that great
>>
File: 1499543507145.gif (3.55 MB, 600x444)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB GIF
>TFW only playing Last Stand now
>Most gear is dogshit
>DLC gear just shits on everything
>Tau n Necron
>Shit like Mekboi rocket launcher that can't even kill tanks cause LOL 5 dmg per rocket
What were they thinking?
>>
Were they trying to repeat Dark Crusade with this? Is it a similar strucutre?
>>
>>273535
good but not top tier
>>
File: 1450670407983.jpg (88 KB, 811x593)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>274073
Her stormtroopers were good though I dont recall ever really bringing her over them
>>
>>274154
no
DC is more 4Xish
this is a campaign with main beats and side optional mission
all faction play the same campaign more or less
>>
>>274244
Yeah, the stormtroopers are pretty good for actual humans that aren't heroes. They compliment Castor, Merrick and Bernn quite well.
>>
>>273535
honestly no
both main campaign and chaos rising are superior even if you can only use the SM
>>
>>274154
>Dark Crusade
No it's Winter Assault 2.0
>>
>>273952
Best part of the game imho. The orks are worth playing for that reason alone.
>>
>>273535
Lots of good and bad.
Better IG lasfire soundfx than the first game but bolter guns feel kind of crap.
10/10 voice acting but
>each campaign has a mute fourth wheel
>outranks one of the main characters in IG and eldar campaigns
>is actually the better voice actor too
Heroes having multiple abilities is painful given that you're microing an entire army you're not supposed to lose a squad of.
Campaign hero upgrades being pick all of one tree or get a sad mix is kind of meh.

The biggest mistake is removing the flamer sentinel for multiplayer but not letting you use it in one campaign mission.
>>
>>274073
>pops aoe
>pops invincibility
>forces you to retreat
nothin personnel kid
I really enjoyed the multiplayer with like 30 regulars but eventually got bored
>>
>>274690
I have only played the campaigns and in there she sucks.
>>
>>273535
Both SP and MP was fun.
added new coop mode.
Campaign can be replayed with zany new builds like grenade spamming ork, or turning Autrarh into low orbit bomber.

It's great.
>>
>>274669
Wait who was the mute IG? The commissar had a voice right?
>>
>>275338
Yes, but not in the story.
A shame since his voice was great.
>>
>>275340
Yeah I guess it strange that he just stands by while sergeant what his face talks back to the Lord-General and the Inquisitor and even gives them advice.
>>
>>275338
Every fourth team member is mute except for muhreens. I was especially mad about Elenwe because she is a fucking Farseer while Veldoran is just a Warlock.
>>
sucks that there's no campaign mod for Retribution
even something like wrath of the blood angels would have been cool
>>
>>275548
What really sucks is creating a 40k game with rules perfect for Tau, and not adding them outside of single hero in coopmode.
>>
File: Castor.jpg (14 KB, 193x216)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>273535
STAND BACK LET ME SHOW YOU HOW ITS DONE
>>
>>275581
there's always SoulStorm eh
>>
>>273956
this

what's with DoW's final expansions and dropping the ball?
>>
>>274690
What was your name fag?
>>
>>273535
It's the best. Tactical squad management of CoH2 with a better theme, but without the microtransactions or superfluous base-building (that they quickly did away with in the DLC factions).
>>
How does the multiplayer compare to coh2? Is AI skirmish nice enough to get a hang of the game or should I just jump in?
>>
>>275344
>your Lord General has just been assaulted by a lowly sergeant
>the lowly sergeant is frothing at the mouth
>the lowly sergeant has a gun trained on your Lord General
>the lowly sergeant is NOT using trigger discipline
>your Lord General also said in a previous level when fighting orkz "Yarrick would have loved this" loudly, right next to your face, seething from how much he hates that you're not Yarrick, just some no-name, he doesn't even talk to you over the lowly sergeant, and gave you the order to not speak unless spoken to several years back

>what do you do?
>>
>>279098
360ยบ turn and walk away into DoW 1.
>>
>>279098
I understand that they weren't in normal conditions, but in 40k the commissars have a degree if autonomy in deciding who and how many people to execute, right?
>>
>>274151
>Engaging citizen militia! Fire warriors they are not...
>Injecting combat stimulants!

Wait do the Tau not have a militia?
Aren't they a very tiny empire and also surrounded by all sorts of dickhead?
>>
>>279190
They use auxiliaries for that, but unless we're talking about stuff like kroot which have their own culture, units like the human auxilia are equipped and trained, not a militia.
>>
>>277279
I like you
>>
>>273535
>Couldn't use the Krieg DLC skins in Campaign without modding the game
0/100
Irredeemable shit
>>
>>279067
Ai skirmish is terrible desu
>>
Despite the cruddy singleplayer it's one of my favorite RTT games hands down purely for the multiplayer. Each of the factions felt unique and satisfying to play, I loved playing IG and throwing down perfect tactical patterns of barricades and gun turrets to shit on melee units while harassing with sentinels early game. The unit cap was a common complaint but I kind of liked it, it encouraged you to be more choosy about the units you order instead of blobbing carelessly once you got a resource advantage. The biggest flaw the game ever had was putting a number 2 on the end of the title because it set people up for the expectation that it was going to be a true DoW sequel when it was a distinctly different genre.
>>
I just bought the Dawn of War 2 master collection on steam. What am I in for?
>>
>>279186
Yes.
Unfortunately I don't believe there's a book, game or codex that would say the commissar wouldn't pull the trigger. Even Ciaphas has executed for the crime of blocking the road, as ordered, during an emergency.
>>
>>281167
SPEHHS
>>
>>281167
ALIEN BEANS
>>
>>273535
It's the "same same, but different, but still the same" meme if you look at it as a DoW game: it's just different from the first game but still can be considered similar enough for it to be Strategy. My only gripe is that Retribution had the same fucking campaign for every faction. You'd think that they'd handcraft it like with the base game and Chaos Rising, but no everyone gets the same thing, does the same thing, goes to the same final boss/mission.

The Last Stand was pretty cool though.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.