[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: starcraft.jpg (52 KB, 570x400)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Just got out of prison after doing 10 years, what are some good strategy games to check out? Last one I remember playing was Starcraft 2
>>
Age of Empires II
>>
>>271475
What did you do anon?
>>
>>271491
Rape
>>271478
Already played it but is the DE worth getting?
>>
>>271475
AI Wars 2
>>
>>271497
Yeah, new content and strong online community
>>
>>271497
I wish this wasn't a larp but I know this is just to bait us into a dead genre thread. Fuck off I know nothing has changed in the past decade, stop reminding me
>>
>>271475
>Just got out of prison
Yeah, you and the people on the other 10 boards
>>
>>271563
i think there's been some new faces in citybuilding and gsg genre
>>
>>271638
I'm pretty sure he just meant the RTS subgenre, not Strategy games as a whole.
>>
Well warcraft 3 just got a remaster with a reception like you've never seen before. I've also been hearing a lot about AoE 3 which was released a while ago. We also got dawn of war 3 some years ago and that was a hoot. Oh and there was that cool mech rts that's been years in the making, iron harvest was it? We even have some smaller but still innovative games like spellforce 3 that one anon was forcing.

Great things going on in the genre. Just better to play the same exact games from 10+ years ago though right anon?
>>
>>271877
Can't really understand why RTS ceased to be a thing on the last decade, the way the market is starved for it right now means that the next big RTS that came out would have singlehandedly the entire undivided public of RTS genre.

Can you imagine a battle realms 2? Or a new warcraft? Hell, I would even go for some DUNE!

But no, we get nothing, all companies will keep forcibly pushing MOBA games, Battle arena and other such shits as the mandatory genre for games...

When did the world go to shit?
>>
>>273933
>Can't really understand why RTS ceased to be a thing on the last decade, the way the market is starved for it right now means that the next big RTS that came out would have singlehandedly the entire undivided public of RTS genre.
Cause nostalgiafags only care about older titles and will never fucking ever move on
>>
>>271475
>>271497
Kill yourself, Jared.
>>
>>273979
But is there anything to move on to?
>>
>war wind
>Warlord battlecry
> Rival realms
>>
>>273979
>Cause nostalgiafags only care about older titles and will never fucking ever move on
I would totally move on if the newer games that companies keep labelling as RTS were in fact RTS, instead of some hideous abomination of a crossbreed between RTS and some other random genre that makes the game anything but an RTS.

Is it that daam hard to stick to the genre? Dawn of war 1 was fucking great the way it was, why can't they follow the daam RTS formula right?
>>
>>274065
>Is it that daam hard to stick to the genre?
Yes it is. Classic RTS is a very difficult genre for developers.
>>
>>274069
>Yes it is. Classic RTS is a very difficult genre for developers.
Oh yeah? So what? It is exactly because it is a difficult genre that we are willing to spend $50 or more on a new game that actually sticks to the genre, companies are retarded for not capitalizing on that.

And what is so daam hard about it that the companies decide to avoid the genre completly?
>>
>>274069
That is why people don't move on to new games, its not what they want so they won't budge.
>>
>>271475
lolololololololol you're just like tychus from sc2 llololololol
>>
>>271475
You got 10 years for bad taste?
>>
>>271497
DE is worth it,
Was the rape worth it?
>>
>>271475
>Just got out of prison after doing 10 years, Last one I remember playing was Starcraft 2
how old was the kid?
>>
OP here. I didn't really just get out of prison. I just wanted some game ideas. Sorry
>>
>>273933
spellforce 3 released a free multiplayer RTS like 2 weeks ago. It has 300 players.
>>
>>277801
>his game has 3-digit playerbase
lucky
>>
>>277807
It just came out, give it time

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.