[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: paradox.jpg (66 KB, 900x900)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>20 dollars for buttons that add a few modifiers
when did this became allowed?
>>
>>269750
more like free, fucko. I dare any Paradox employee to try and stop me from pirating, I'll fucking glass that cunt and stick him dead the lowlife
>>
>>269750
this is what happens when a company has a monopoly.
>>
>>269783
Paradox employee here:
You no-good punk! I know who this is coming from, because I've backtraced it! You've been reported to the cyberpolice and the state police. You screw with mah game again, you'll be arrested!! And if you come near mah Bloondlines 2, guess what? Consequences will nevah be the same!!!
>>
>>269750
You can say this about literally any game. This is all any game is.

Paradox Interactive games are easily some of the most complicated games on the market or even in existence. Those "Buttons that add a few modifiers" can be really important meaningful decisions that shape your entire campaign.

Just because they do not summon a new soldier with fancy animations does not mean that they do not do anything. Go play Total War and leave these games to people who are mature enough to appreciate them.
>>
>>269783
You know that you're no better than a pedo, right?

t. Johan
>>
>>270395
>These "buttons that add a few modifiers" can be really important meaningful decisions that shape your entire campaign
This depends on the Paradox game, but it can also be really arbitrary and gimmicky.
Victoria 2's DLC reworked colonies and improved them drastically by adding new buttons, but EU4's DLC often consist of adding buttons that are just chores and pull you out of the game (such as with the Russian governments).
Also, systems like development were partially locked behind DLCs, and so they turned some DLC features into literal pay to win mechanics. The Russia/Spain DLCs were the worst in this regard.
CK2 DLC was mostly better, though it still had some really poor ones.
>>
>>269750
>playing ANY game that requires you to push the right mouse/keyboard buttons
When did you became a retard?
>>
>>269750
>>20 dollars to remove buttons that add a few modifiers
At least they "fixed" states that way.
>>
>>270416
>Also, systems like development were partially locked behind DLCs
Dude, if you turn off Vic2 DLCs you get stuttering while zooming, no rally points, a broken industry, no war justification and YELLOW PRUSSIA.
Paradox used to not care at all about the cheap fucks who played base game, at least now you get some free features.
>>
>>273054
>YELLOW PRUSSIA.
bettter than orange pope
>>
>>269750
When they wound up with a monopoly on their type of game, which already has a very small audience.
>>
File: Piracy is CP.png (54 KB, 1787x276)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>269750
>>
>>273398
The Virgin Paypig vs the Chad Pirate
>>
>>270395
>most complicated games
>can't even properly copy a mod for their own game into a 20$ dlc
>>
>>270395
>Paradox Interactive games are easily some of the most complicated games on the market or even in existence.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>273398
Most pedophilic thing you can do is simp the manchild known as Johan
>>
>>269750
Paradox realised their player base are composed out of simps who are okay being milked. They defend every decision Paradox does and attack people who dare to criticise, it's it sactually sad.
>>
>>269783
Hard to pirate to linux.
>>
>>270401
That's actually better than being a pedo since it harms swedish kikes profits.
>>
>>273398
I thought it was just a joke.
Holy shit.
>>
File: 1600695473330.png (165 KB, 322x435)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>269750
I can understand the reasoning behind their business model. If you're going to make something niche like grand strategy, you might as well keep it alive as long as possible to squeeze money out of your fanbase.

They're still a bunch of jews, tho.
>>
>>273054
>If you turn off Vic2 DLCs you get a bunch of issues
Fair. At least Vic2 only has 2 DLCs which go on sale for ~75% off and cost less than EU4's cumulative DLCs.
EU4 makes up for it because it's a lot easier to pirate and play in MP, though.
>>
>>273588
Dlc went down in quality too, If Paradox had something like season passes to make old ass dlcs affordable no one would mind them and more people would be willing to buy the newer ones.
>>
>>273592
>DLCs went down in quality, too
It's amazing just how much they've plummeted. Looking at EU4's DLCs, only 2 of them have "Mostly Positive" or better when it comes to steam reviews.
I don't think the quality dropped as much as it seems, though. I think it's more that people can only handle so much of them, and that prices went up. I used to be able to wait for sales for CK2/EU4 DLC, but now they're only 20% off deals rather than 75%.
>>
>>270428
kek
>>
>>273604
I think that only art of war and eldorado stand up compared to what the dlcs used to be in the eu3/vic2 era. Now Paradox focuses more on flavor than new mechanics and they ran out of ideas for things to add in Eu4. Yes, prices are higher and people have the right to complain. At least Paradox is putting dlcs in humblebundle so you can still get them at a fair price I guess.
>>
>>270385
had a nostalgic chuckle at this. thanks anon.
>>
File: paradox games.png (165 KB, 1287x963)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>270395
>that second line that sent every normal person's sides into orbit

paradox games are fun and have somewhat more almond activation than the industry standard but com on anon be honest with yourself.
>>
>>273675
Not him, but I don't see how the picture really does anything to refute his claim
>>
>>273680
if 80% of a game's "complex mechanics" can be completely and totally ignored without any concern, then the game is not particularly complex.

calling paradox's map painting games for Romaboos, assmad psuedo-ethno nationalists and general history spergs "complex" is about as truthful as saying "high school is the most important time of your life".
>>
>>273683
not the guy you're replying to, nor the guy who made the first comment, but technically the first anon was correct. They didn't necessarily say that they were complex, just that they were "some of the most complicated games on the market." Basically, what I got from his post was that paradox games are pretty much the best things we've got. I think the overestimate the amount of meaningful decisions pdx games offer, but they are correct in saying that paradox is the best we have for a "complex game." Personally, this is why I never play the tutorials though. If you go into the game blind without knowing some of the subtler systems (which are usually exploited by "seasoned" players), you can have a much more enjoyable time trying to react to the game. Once you fully understand how all the systems work, you can formulate a general plan that you'll carry out in every game, and by that point the game is no longer fun, because you've uncovered the optimal strategy. And that's kinda all strategy games are good for anyways: the first few games you play not knowing all the exact mechanics, which actually allows you to formulate a plan.

Perhaps as gsg fans we've all become too smart. Give victoria 2 to any normal person and they'll have absolutely no idea what's going on, even if you explain everything to them. We play these games to death and try to fully understand all the systems, but in doing so we open our eyes to all the easily exploitable mechanics and uncover the optimal strategies that make the game a cakewalk, when we might have struggled before. What was that phrase again? Ignorance is bliss? Well, it very well might be.
>>
>>273683
>if 80% of a game's "complex mechanics" can be completely and totally ignored without any concern, then the game is not particularly complex.
It's a simulation game. If a flight simulator has Auto-pilot on by default, does it make actually piloting aircraft less complex? Technically, you can do pretty well if you just pick a European tag in EU4 and mong your way to victory, but the game is much larger than that. Also, the question of whether or not you should be "Concerned" is a bit off. Plenty of newbie players can hardly figure out the connection between merchants and trade income, let alone Native Assimilation and production or Light Ships and causing revolts in Ming.
If you're a total under-achiever, you can ignore the mechanics and stick with the easiest possible tags, but other players will steamroll and mock you.
>>
>>273685
I'm too lazy to abuse the mechanics of the game most of the time, so I can still enjoy it.
>>
If all dlc were on the same level as art of war or rights of man then I wouldnt even mind the dlc. But those 2 are the exception to the rule and most are either mediocre or straight up shit.
>>
>>273683
give me a more "complex" game that gives you a lot more freedom & min maxing in the current market. any genre in any platform.
>>
>>273709
Not him, but Rimworld.
>>
>>273713
i played vanilla alot. honestly, vanilla is more on building super cyborgs late game & the only challenge depends on your initial biome. once you get going, it's definitely easier on mid-late game.
>>
>>273713
>>273714
oh don't tell me about no killbox on randy merciless because that's bullshit.
>>
I've heard it said here so many times that it's really easy to pirate the DLCs and add it to legitimate game copies on steam. How does one do this? I was thinking of getting Vicky 2 recently, but don't want to buy all the bullshit.
>>
>>273723
googlel search creamapi
>>
>>273724
Ok, got that, but how tf do you find just the dlc now?
>>
File: 1586330897272.png (417 KB, 402x759)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>273675
>independent Luxembourg
>French Elsass-Lothringen
>Italian Südtirol and Küstenland
>Danish Schleswig
>>
>>273752
Just ask /gsg/
>>
>>273766
*English Schleswig

britain is obscured but the red is British red. was aiming to paint the most aggravating stupid pseudo blobs possible to illustrate my point about the autistic power fantasy map painting games.

not that there's anything wrong with enjoying such games.
>>
File: 1593712555764.jpg (622 KB, 1165x1756)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
>>273776
>English Schleswig
You've gone too far this time
>>
>>273778
germans are the barbarians that can never be civilized and cannot be trusted with self governance. I would gladly build the walls to guard against your barbarism and savagery out of the very bones of your ancestors.

but mostly because ive seen that happen in games where the english kick out the scandenavians from the isles and then follow them home.
>>
>>273785
>but mostly because ive seen that happen in games where the english kick out the scandenavians from the isles and then follow them home.
Sorry bud, we only play Victoria 2 here
>>
>>273680
He posted Le Funny Wojack which means that he must be right. Literally how 4chan retards think.

>>273683
Name a game more complicated than Crusader Kings. There are literally thousands of simulated characters, cities and provinces all with their own wealth, motivations, culture, religion and traits. It makes Civilization look like Checkers.
>>
>>274289
>Name a game more complicated than Crusader Kings
CMANO
>>
autists have no better things to spend their money on
>>
>>274294
Literally just Millennium Dawn but without an economy, politics and really bad land warfare.
>>
They have a monopoly, same as EA and The Sims, or Bethesda and their open world games
>>
>>269750
the final straw for me was making the ability to set levy rally points in CK2 apart of the China DLC
>>
>>274513
they pulled the same thing with victoria 2, eu4 and hoi3
>>
>>273675
>lmao it's not complex
>>273683
>lmao it might be complex but you can ignore it
the 180 is strong with this one
>>
>>273398
Oh FFS Johan. He hasn't changed a bit in 20 years.
>>
>>273798
>give back Heligoland
>chuckle
>Bismark: "What?"
>oh, nothing
>Bismark looks at it
>90% catholic Irish
>open newspaper
>Germany discovers Terrorism
>>
>>274537
Is there a way to get a better understanding of how Vic 2's supposed to be played? Tried playing Liberia, but everything was oddly subdued and weak.
>>
>>274581
Play Prussia
>>
File: romans.png (1.36 MB, 1920x1080)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>269750
when the retards known as gamers made shitty small pieces of companies so ridiculously profitable only a retard wouldn't take advantage of it
https://europeangaming.eu/portal/latest-news/2020/02/04/63407/ea-earns-nearly-1-billion-from-microtransactions-last-quarter/
you plebs have nobody to blame but yourselves
>>
>>274588
Is there a decent beginners' guide?
>>
>>269750
The constant bitching about paradox literally drove me to but their DLC after years of pirating lol. Nobody who makes autist this angry can be wrong.
>>
>>269750
This is what lack of competition breeds. Paradox is already seeing some failures, like Imperator.
>>
>>274527
only ever played CK2 but I'm not surprised.
they also start fucking up games they just publish. Cities Skylines has the same terrible rehash DLC model and as soon as they bought Prison Architect it got a DLC.
>>
>>274629
watch someone play it or ask questions on 4chan
vicky will play itself outside of war and as prussia it will even do that for you
just focus on building an army and forming germany. Everything else will take care of itself and you can figure it out as you go
dont play someone stupid like libera though. Prussia, japan, france and sardinia piedmont are much better choices.
>>
>>273785
>germans are the barbarians
You do realize that Angles and Saxons that created English identity are Germans, right?
>>
>>274663
Even if Paradox failed, crashed and burned, it's more likely that the genre would just go dead for a few years again, like it happened to many genres.
The whole arrangement needs a lot of momentum and keeping the little fanbase there is for this type of shit concentrated in one point and paying a lot.
>>
>>269750
Imagine how this company would go without a modding community. Swedish are supposed to be left wing but sure as hell love money without work, jews.
>>
File: 1540681261929.gif (2.65 MB, 320x240)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB GIF
>>273713
>dwarf fortress for casuals
seriously though, what the fuck do you think is even the slightest bit complex about it? it's dead simple.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.