[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: heh.jpg (126 KB, 638x972)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
https://tl.net/calendar/
old thread >>257849
special shoutout to >>268512
>dat smile
talk starcraft
>>
>>268646
Lol railgan actually ended up on IODIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMiK35n3D-s
>>
harstem has juicy lips
>>
>>268659
lmao railtard btfo
>>
>>268816
To be fair the game he uploaded to his youtube was a much better example
Also harstem said some weird stuff, like being confused over how railgan was behind on workers after nexus first vs 12 pool, and that 10 lings could kill 3 cannons + battery
>>
File: 2LZCM8F.png (46 KB, 600x371)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
The virgin railgan vs the chad serral
>>
https://youtu.be/yCaebIXcheU?t=1680
reposting this because its funny
naniwa thinks he could have beat mvp and stopped the mvp vs squirtle finals
naniwa thinks rain was the greatest player to ever touch the game
>>
>>268151
People like to act like RTSes are hard but it's just a fact that you have way more time to think and react in an RTS than in a fighting game. In a fighting game your ability to win is measured in frames, not seconds. Being able to react to i23 moves instead of i24 moves, or just pressing the down button one frame sooner, it's all the difference between winning and losing. People in RTS are jerking off because a guy can get units out a few seconds faster than another guy but it's really nothing compared to fighting games.
>>
>>268932
And yet fighting games are the only type of games popular amongst blacks. Curious.
>>
File: everything_counts.jpg (26 KB, 730x448)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>268932
>When the difference between winning and losing is measured in milliseconds...
>>
How do you fix the absolute shit that is SC2 story? SC1 has amazing world building, real mystery, intrigue. Protoss was this holy alien race full of soul. Zerg had real barbaric feel to them. Terran most of all felt full of raw potential.

Then you come to SC2 and all of that went out the door. the story became yet another american tale of fighting for freedom. literally the whole thing ends with >muh freedom.
>>
>>268977
Make every faction shades of grey rather than good/bad. Make protoss a slightly darker shade than the rest.
>>
>>268957
Does that mean that it's not hard or something? I mean the 4-minute-mile is hard and it's also something mostly only black people do
>>
>>268932
this. fighting games are soooo hard that's why i'm talking about them in a dead rts thread instead of playing them.
>>
>>268932
why are you replying in this thread when you dont play sc?
>>
>>269049
but i do
>>
>>268977
The belief that the Starcraft 1 story was good is nostalgia fucking with your mind. The Terran campaign was pretty boilerplate rebellion with a double cross, the Zerg campaign spends the first few missions going “guard this *~*mysterious chrysalis*~* who could possibly be inside the kinder egg?!”, and the Protoss campaign is a standard vengeance/self-sacrifice hero’s journey.
The actual interesting stuff - the Terran rebels recruiting new soldiers, the Zerg cerebrate infighting and adaptation, and the Protoss schism - is mostly handled off-screen, or worse: in the manual.
Brood War doesn’t really fix anything either, because it once again leaves all the tantalizing bits off screen. What are the UED going to do once it turns out that their expeditionary force failed? How will the Protoss integrate the Dark Templar back into society after centuries of oppression? What’s Kerrigan’s vision for the Swarm? All of this is left out.
>>
>>269020
Yes. Fighting games are popular amongst the low iq races while rts is only played by high iq races. Pretty simple.
>>
>>269074
Then surely you know your comparison's weird because the decisions you have to make in each genre is rather different. not to mention that a lot of times you literally only have a few frames to react to various splash units. remember reavers from sc1?

or maybe you're just baiting, in which case bravo.
>>
>>269077
>mfw at least sc1 had tantalizing bits
>>
>>269077
>What are the UED going to do once it turns out that their expeditionary force failed?
cry and suck it up
>How will the Protoss integrate the Dark Templar back into society after centuries of oppression?
with Dark Templars Live Matters campaigns
>What’s Kerrigan’s vision for the Swarm?
rule it until she dies
>>
>>269116
What was kerrigan's tax policy?
>>
>>269083
It's not a weird comparison. You need faster reaction times in a fighting game, and that's just a fact. In what fucking universe do you have 25 frames to react to a Reaver rather than either 0 or 1000, and in what fucking universe do you have to constantly dodge reavers in 25-frame windows over a 60-second period? If an RTS match ever involved the level of reactions, speed, and counterplay that a typical fighting game did, it'd be pasted across every channel on Youtube as a "legendary" match. People call PartinG a micro god because he rotates out Stalkers between Ravager shots. That's a full 1.14 second window, longer if you count travel time, even more when you consider that Ravagers shoot at a pretty consistent rate and you can predict when their next shot will land before they've even fired their last shot. Just to play Tekken at a BEGINNER level, you have to be capable of reacting to 0.5 second moves out of the blue.

>>269081
>RTS players
>high IQ
lmao the best pro RTS players are just the ones with the twitchiest fingers, dude. Fucking TY is seen as an intellectual.

I suppose it'd be easy to look at my initial post and think I'm shitting on SC, that's not really my intention. This is coming from a place where like, Tasteless is going off on one of his famous midgame rants about how RTSes are the most challenging esport by a country mile, and it's obvious he just has no fucking clue what's out there and thinks LoL is the pinnacle of esports outside SC. Like, there's a reason why I'm better at SC2 than T7 and it's not because T7 is "brainless". It's because I have the reaction times of a slug and you can go a lot farther with shitty reactions in SC2 than you can in T7.

Playing fighting games at a beginner level is like if you were playing SC2 and placed into bronze league, and every single game's a cannon rush, but you only have 0.5 seconds to snipe the probe with an SCV on this map and otherwise you instantly lose.
>>
>>269104
Yeah this is Starcraft’s problem all over. Brood War just sort of ends. Starcraft 2 puts a neat bow on everything while doing nothing of interest because Blizzard isn’t interested in RTS anymore, so they don’t feel obligated to set up additional plot lines.
>>
>>269128
Let's face it, Asians and Europeans are the highest IQ people on the planet. TY is not a "genius" but by just playing out the averages he has a higher IQ than a large percentage of black people even if he has an average IQ for his race.
>>
well too many brown people play fighting games it makes the genre irrelevant its like how you'd want nothing to do with a girl who fucked a black guy
>>
>>269128
anon you're literally comparing two vastly different genres and using the weirdest categories to determine which game is "harder." is FPS the hardest genre because in quake you have to subconsciously calculate the trajectories of multiple moving objects and fire your rockets perfectly so that it hits the enemy who's not even in your sight? is starcraft the hardest because you have to micro not just one unit but tens of units at the same time? is league of legends the hardest because you often have to play against your own team? there's no right answer here. we get and respect that you like fighting games, but can you keep your autism a little more controlled?
>>
>>269209
No, the in-race IQ variance is way larger than the out-race IQ variance. Even if black people had like 20 less IQ on average than asian people, which I don't believe is the case, you have to understand that professional athletes and especially pro gamers are REALLY stupid. Even if black people on average were way dumber than Koreans on average, an average black guy is definitely smarter than an average Korean pro gamer, and a smart black guy is definitely smarter than TY.

Like, let me put it this way. Speedkicks from Tekken is a literal genius, like a child prodigy, he was taking university-level classes when he was 13. Objectively, this means he's smarter than pretty much all white people, asian people, whatever, despite whatever disadvantages you might attribute to his being black. His IQ is just astronomical. But now take that man and make him into a professional Tekken player. What happens? He immediately loses over IQ points and turns into Jaden Smith. After years of playing professional Tekken, he now streams nothing but LoL. An actual genius brought down to the level of a casual LoL player by nothing but pro gaming. THAT'S how dumb pro gamers are.

>>269217
>anon you're literally comparing two vastly different genres and using the weirdest categories to determine which game is "harder."
No look this is exactly what I'm trying not to do, read the entire last two paragraphs. I'm just saying that SC has a reputation within the community for being the "hardest" and I think a lot of people don't even realize the basic barriers to entry present in other hardcore games. A guy went and played Tekken and lost 20 games in a row and was like "yeah I'll stick to SC2" and I was just chipping in with "yeah Tekken's fucking hardcore" and then people started accusing me of not playing SC because I said that reaction times and mechanics were way more important and punishing in fighting games.
>>
>>269221
>starcraft community says starcraft is the "hardest" game
i would point out that you're basically doing exactly what you're complaining about when you argue that fighting games are that much "harder"

let autists be autists. only kids care about these things anyway. i would hope starcraft players are old enough to get this.
>>
>>269020
>>269128
>>269209
>>269221

there are two types of people who obsess over race and IQ. literal braindead god loving faggots and underage /pol/ shitters. im hoping you both fall in the latter.
>>
>>269236
>i would point out that you're basically doing exactly what you're complaining about when you argue that fighting games are that much "harder"
Well, no, I'm not. Maybe it doesn't seem like that to you, but I know based on my own thoughts and motivations that I definitely am not. I'm not even saying they're "harder" in a complete sense, just in the sense that they require way more mechanical skill and have much larger physical barriers to performance.

>>269245
I'm not obsessing. He brought it up and I tried to discuss it in a way that wouldn't trigger an autistic meltdown about racial IQ differences. I don't know why you'd reddit space at me like this when I never said a single bad thing about black people.
>>
>>268151
tekken is a shit game, you made the right decision
>>
Yes reaction time is not a particularly important trait in starcraft. Mechanics is a lot more important at higher tier play, which is what most people have in mind when they talk about sc, but I'll agree it is much less of a barrier for new players than it is in fighting games.
The above paragraph has nothing to do with which game is harder, we all know there isn't an answer to that. What fags in the sc community mean when they say the game is le hardest is that it tests a bigger range of skills with a higher intensity than other games/genres. I do not think this is entirely true in that no game would test only a proper subset of the skills that rts tests. Mobas come to mind, if we exclude team play it is objectively worse than starcraft in its skillchecks, but managing your tard team presents new skills that aren't tested in sc. There are also a few genres that test a very small amount of skills, but the intensity is at levels that can't be found anywhere else - fighting games, fps and shit like chess comes to mind. Anyways sc is interesting for the exact reason of testing a large range of skills, and that is why I prefer playing/watching sc to running/watching the 100m sprint.
I would now like to clarify a few things:
>prism/bunker/medivac micro
unfortunately there are a few retards that think this is mechanically difficult or notable micro at all, the only reason this happens is as a free apm sink, so it speaks more of the player's ability to find the time to do it than his mechanics
>TY is a genius
when fags say TY is a genius, they mean that he did something creative/unique/unusual, this is usually from his preparation for his opponent, which he is rather good at, and it requires a bit of thinking. They don't mean he is the reincarnation of euler in archon mode with jaedong.
>what does fast mean in sc
this refers to a players ability to accurately assess a situation in a timely manner with limited information and to choose and execute a good response.
>>
>fighting games are a shit genre, you made the right decision
ftfy
>>
if theres one thing fighting games are good at, its tricking idiots into thinking they are smart
>>
This but rts games. My favorite part of the rts is genre is when people complain about having to play the game and want parts of it automated.
>>
i like comfy single player rpg games. i just play sc2 because bw lan games nostalgia.
>>
i like dungeon crawlers
>>
I am currently playing SC1 campaign. Damn the pathing in this game in really shit, huh.
>>
that's part of the difficulty. trying to get retards like dragoons to go where you want them to be while being restricted to twelve units on a control group
>>
File: file.png (259 KB, 600x315)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>people call rts smart
>no footsies
>no guessies
>>
>>269221
lol so much cope. Yes Africans are just as smart as the Chinese that’s why China is a world super power and Africans still live in mud huts.
>>
there is most definitely footsies and guesses. shit like blind countering builds, setting up a flank you know will be available later, predicting a tech switch, pulling off a tech switch. then there's shit that happens all the time like dragoons hitting a bunker and playing with the siegeless tank, marines moving out to force an early sunken from zerg and the zerg needing to decide if the terran will actually push in, because if they don't then they save a lot of time and money by not making a sunken, then terran needs to decide if the zerg is calling their bluff and if they can actually push in and do a lot of damage or has the zerg made enough zerglings that they'd just lose their army and all initiative. then you have hydras outside a protoss base for ten years. there's the countless times protoss and terran will try to force useless units out of zerg by moving out but not too far out then there's TvT which essentially a thirty minute game of super footsies. trying to protect and take map control is basically advanced footsies and that happens all the fucking time.
>>
>>269336
it was a joke because of how dumb fighting games are
>>
>>269077
>The belief that the Starcraft 1 story was good is nostalgia fucking with your mind.

No anon, SC1 story is actually good.
>>
Geometry Dash is objectively harder than RTS and fighting games.
>>
>artosis is playing another rts
bros???............i thought starcraft wasn't dead.......................spellforce chads are laughing at us..............................................................
>>
>>269077
>The Terran campaign was pretty boilerplate rebellion with a double cross
>the Zerg campaign spends the first few missions going “guard this *~*mysterious chrysalis*~* who could possibly be inside the kinder egg?!
>the Protoss campaign is a standard vengeance/self-sacrifice hero’s journey

anon these are of course "generic" as far as stories go but they're still better than literally 90% of all game stories out there.
>>
>>268932
I completely agree desu, RTS require a lot of speed, but not to the extent that fighting games do, RTS are limited by attention management

>>268957
fast twitch muscle fibers, black people are genetically better at things that are limited by speed.
>>
File: 1575237918182.png (394 KB, 1024x962)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
>got a research report due in 2 days ago
>can't stop playing SC

please stop emailing me... I'll start working on it after I make another cup of coffee and get my MMR above 4500 again
>>
File: 1605204586480.gif (265 KB, 680x361)
265 KB
265 KB GIF
Is it worth getting into starcraft for the first time now, in terms of both playing a bit and watching tournaments?
How much will I have to learn to be decent at the games and to be able to follow what's happening in tourneys?
I started playing the single player campaign of SC1 a few days ago and I like it but I'm not very good at it
>>
File: 1558691936770.png (227 KB, 800x450)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>269799
Hey Starcraft has difficulty settings

Protoss - Easy
Terran - Normal
Zerg - Hard
>>
How to fix SC2:
>Remove protoss
>Remove mirror matches
>Balance the game entirely around TvZ
>>
>>269799
Yes. A lot of people who watch the tournaments don't even play the game so by just playing and watching you will be better than most of the people crying that X is OP or Y is cheese, though that's all SC2 dogshit. Tournaments are fun to watch, make sure to catch Korea Time. Watch the old ASL games, some very very good games, some good kino and utterly retarded moments. I think almost every pro BW player is also a streamer so if you find anyone you like then go check out their stream, not sure if any of the speak English on stream.
Define decent. If by decent you mean top 50% then a lot. You're going to get fucked a lot but if you have the perseverance then you will move up. You don't need to know that much to understand that much to watch, the casters (Artosis and Tasteless) tend to break things down very well and often because even they understand that many people who watch the game do not actually play it, or are very casual players.
No one who started the game was very good at it. BW is a hard game. Keep it at and you will see results. It's an old fucking game, a lot of people have been playing it for over a decade.
Keep posting 2hu gifs.
>>
>>269799
its fun, shouldnt take too long to learn basics
theres a lot of people in this game who know nothing so you should be fine, you can get gold with basically no effort at all and theres 2 leagues below that
>>
>>269830
>sc1
t. doesnt read
sorry anon
>>
>>269799
I don't know if it is worth getting into sc1 if you aren't in korea, the game does not seem very alive in the western regions. Watching it is a rather simple thing though, and you don't really have to play to be able to watch, just know what the units and structures do. You'd learn common strategies from watching rather quickly.
I'd recommend getting into sc2, it is going to be around for a few more years, the pro game quality is pretty good if you like watching. You also don't need to put in a /lot/ of effort to reach upper 50% (plat). Just the basics of macro and unit comps.
>>
>>269838
holy fuck plat is upper 50%? lmao
i thought it was diamond at least
>>
>>269842
I think high gold-low plat is about where the 50% line is but I could be wrong. Pretty sure silver, gold, and plat are the largest leagues, followed by diamond which has a massive mmr range, probably something like top 75%, then masters, and bronze and gm are about the same in terms of size.
>>
>>269799
What do you mean "worth"? Do you expect to earn thousands of dollaroos playing it?
>>
>>269842
The 50th percentile player is gold 1 and very nearly in plat
Really puts things in perspective
>>
Lol https://twitter.com/PandaBearMeSC2/status/1329449157149515778
>>
>>269842
diamond is upper 30% and masters is upper 10% I think
>>
>>269982
Masters is just under top 5%
>>
>>269964
Whats that supposed to mean? Zerg has 0 units in position or static d against 8 voidrays
>>
>>270009
https://www.twitch.tv/artosis/clip/UninterestedTrappedScorpionCurseLit?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time
>>
>TY beat flash's protoss
?
>>
Why do people from other games hate skill based match making? I saw a thread about it on /v/ and everyone was convinced that it was the worst thing to happen to multiplayer games
>>
>>270638
They're convinced the matchmaking is designed to "hold them back". They puport to have evidence of it, yet never share it.
Most likely brainlet cope, but that's a staple in teamgames.
>>
>>270638
Matchmaking is unironically the worst thing that happened to fps. Skill based mm is objectively better than non skill based mm though. Imagine your ego is so fucking fragile you lose your shit because you get matched with people around your skill level. But no the sweaty 14hr/day player needs his 3 k/d against n00bs every match. Can't match him with the other sweaty 14hr/day players or he'll complain about them being sweaty. Like imagine you are a masters player and play 90% of your games against a gold player, there is nothing for you to learn there. Definitely brainlet cope.
>>
>>270738
What even is non skill based match making
>>
>>270751
whenever n retards are queueing at the same time the server puts them in a match together with no regard for any performance metric
>>
i thought all multiplayer games were skill based match making.
so that's means that for example,i enter a cod game after tutorial and there is a possibilty that the system put me against a high level player?
>>
>>270854
I've seen people defend this by saying the reward for getting good is that you get to stomp noobs all day
>>
>>270867
Which should make sense right? Owning your friends in real life is what made shit like Counter-Strike and UT so fun at LAN parties, and as game popularity waned you weren’t obligated to keep playing.
Now every multiplayer game has a ladder mode with ELO and named ranks to keep people addicted to it as long as possible, because it’s not enough to just be a great shooter anymore.
>>
>>270885
No, server browser would be what it is like to play LAN with your friends. Regulars on servers knew each other. Matchmaking is a horrible failure. Skill based mm is slightly less disastrous.
>>
>>270638
Team Based games are fucked in terms of matchmaking sometimes because you need weigh every person in the game but it's 99% complete and utter C O P E. Elo Hell is also a myth. I don't see pro players get stuck in elo hell, probably because they're good at the game.
People bitch and moan that they aren't getting matched against shitters and they just want to relax and not sweat blah blah blah. Cope. They want to win without trying so they don't want to face people on their level because then they won't get easy wins. Imagine seeing a pro SC2 player complaining about having to face other pros every game, utterly embarrassing and just reinforces the fact that RTS players are at the top of the world.
>>270854
Usually your first handful of games on a new account vary widely because the system is trying to find where you fit in.
>>
Oh look, Harstem qualified for a tournament.
>>
>>271267
the matchmaking is actually fucked in dota for example, forced 50 isnt just a meme where you get matched with stronger opponents as you improve rank so you end up at 50% winrate, it actually gives you worse players on your team to force you to lose sometimes
>>
>"forced 50"
Do you retards just not understand the point of a matchmaking system or

Like do you expect to be matched against total shitters all the time so you can have an 80% winrate I really don't get the argument here? If Dota's giving you worse teammates that could be frustrating, but better opponents is like, no fucking shit they give you better opponents as you get better
>>
lol do dotards really?
>>
>>271917
did you read the post?
>>
>>271925
post proof of this happening then.
>>
>>271927
i havent played that shit game in ages, do you really want me to go search for someone complaining about it?
>>
>>271929
Sure, why not. I have played a lot of different teamgames and nowhere have I encountered what you're suggesting.
>>
File: pic.png (1.76 MB, 1283x1118)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>271931
pic top is 2 teams of 1 player matched with 4 worse players, also mmr not balanced
bottom is very imbalanced mmr
examples where other people noticed the game gives you shit teammates when you win too much (theres tons of these i cant be bothered finding more):
https://old.reddit.com/r/learndota2/comments/g4ghk5/winstreak_tendencies/
https://old.reddit.com/r/learndota2/comments/9x4f3b/bad_teammates_after_winstreak/
https://old.reddit.com/r/learndota2/comments/gpzj4j/why_does_it_feel_like_after_a_winstreak_suddenly/
you can also search for "highly varied behaviour score" to find examples of where the game deliberately gives you retards on your team (now it actually tells you when it does it)
>>
File: pic.png (3.28 MB, 2048x2048)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB PNG
>>271985
>>
File: file.png (1.02 MB, 1356x748)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
So whats the deal with protoss?
they aren't pro, and the only thing i've seen them toss is a salad
>*laugh track*
>>
>All three who qualified in the Asus ROG European qualifiers are Protoss
>>
https://youtu.be/GlIS8O711uo
our boys living large...
>>
>>271985
Further proof moba's are shit-tier. Maybe get real SBMM.
But what the fuck is a "behaviour score", and why is the queue time +30min? Couldn't that have an effect on their arbitrary numbers?
>>
>>272446
valve are incompetent and listen to whiny fragile redditards
havent played that trash in years anyway
>>
>>272446
pretty sure behavior score is good boy points (ie don't be a faggot) and you get thrown into nigger queue with other faggots if it gets low enough. i think more games should use priority queue desu.
>>
>>272446
Yes, giga queue times on the NA server get you those unbalanced teams because they try to match you with something, anything
>>
File: file.png (288 KB, 451x300)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
>mkp documentary on scvodarchive
brehs........
>>
>>269964
Yeah but you can do the same with corruptors or marine drops? you need some static D if your enemy threatens that. 2 sporecrawlers and 2 queens would have prevented that,
>>
>>272573
Actually you can't because of warp in and recall
>>
>>272573
Why corruptors? What the fuck would they do?
>>
>>272576
a three medevacs drop of 1 - 1 rines exclusively costs 1500 - 300 and kills a nexus in six seconds.
those are 7 voids, meaning 1400 - 700 worth of resources and do a similar job on an exposed base?

yeah of course recall can prevent that, if the toss is fast enough and it's not off cooldown. and the nexus has energy.
I play t bro, and if i want to get the nexus, i focus down the fucking nexus, since recall is a threat you have to account for. if my plan is to go for the nexus i don't fuck around killing probes and pylons.

Im happy to see void rays get some use, they sucked for years. now if we could bring back Hellbats into a playable state that would be nice as well :D
>>
>>272580
You seriously don't know anon?
>>
>>272590
>hurr durr I piss on your lair xDDD
Yes and now I walk across the map and kill you because you just revealed you have +50 supply of worthless corruptors.
Corruptor is such a shit unit.
>>
>>272592
Yeah i feel like corruptors are retarded as well.
Still, that does not take away from the fact that they can threaten a base wipe if you are caught off position.
>>
Thoughts on the current state of the starcraft community?
>>
>>272611
>Wants a competitive experience
>N-no i don't feel like loosing too much to get better

What a fucking disgrace.

the community is nice bro, the game is balanced better than it has been for most of its life, so the community is not as toxic as usual.
the competitive scene is very much alive, the content creators are mostly good as well :)
>>
>>269807
imagine thinking zerg is hard. spam banelings to win
>>
>>272637
I only play SC2. In BW SK Terran beats Zerg no problem, Marines and vessels counters everything, on top of that they have great units that counters everything else too. They have the best units, best defense, can pressure Zerg easily without punishment which hurts their economy so hard they'll win later in a few minutes. Actually playing the game made me realize how unbalanced BW is. Not to mention how great tanks are
>>
>>272640
I meant I don't play SC2. Not sure how the match-ups are in SC2 but in BW Terran is the OP race and it's not even close. There's a reason all the bonwja were Terran
>>
>>272620
>loose
for the last time anon. Lose is what you did at life. Loose is what your mother is.
>>
>>272657
Typo, i know the difference very well.
I have a C2 in two languages bro, and my life is going great.
Unlike yours, since you feel the need to insult people at random in a cozy board.
Piss off fucking spergie. Nobody wants to deal with your obnoxious tardness here, mongoloid.
>>
>>272586
>a three medevacs drop of 1 - 1 rines exclusively costs 1500 - 300 and kills a nexus in six seconds.
This sounds like you've assumed they drop instantly. It takes the 7 voids 5 seconds to kill a hatchery and they don't have to unload. So if the queens aren't already in the main, you're fucked
>>
>>272667
:<
>>
A terran main telling a zerg not to worry about speed voids is like some privileged white guy from beverly hills telling a poor black family from west baltimore to "just bootstrap bro xDD"
>>
>>272707
Let me turn this around bro.
why don't you have at least two queens plus spores in every base if you know your enemy has 7 voids?
the game there is at the seven minute mark, 7 voids are a huge investment at that time. So either the zerg in the clip was already on life support or just f2ing around. He deservedly got punished for his shit positioning. The voids are not the problem in that clip. You can also see he is 20 supply below the toss, supply blocked even before the voids kill the overlord and has 900 resoruces banked. Looks like a bad player to me.
>>
>>272724
What mmr are you with zerg? A spore and 2 queens does not defend 7 queens
>>
>>272728
it prevents them from focusing down the hatch without taking damage, it buys time for your reinforcements to come and save the base if they fight the units instead.
Like i don't even get what that video is supposed to highlitgh? that voids are OP?
>>
>>272733
>Like i don't even get what that video is supposed to highlitgh?
Yeah because you don't even play zvp
>>
>>272743
enlighten me please. i see a combination of bad map vision, shitty movement, and no defences resulting in a dead base. that's really it. You could halve the dps of the void and that base would have died anyway, you do realize that right?
>>
File: pillow_based.jpg (357 KB, 1080x1331)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
Do you get banned for instant quitting the game over and over ?

Havent played for 3 years and I did one 1v1 match against a plat, which is way over my level, I didnt have the courage to play another game because it's too overwhelming, could I just leave until my mmr is around silver so I have fun playing or will I get punished for deranking ?
>>
>>272748
You don't seem to understand that this isn't about the specific game in the clip
>>
>>272592
>>272594
i want to see someone rush corruptors and snipe a base lul
>>
File: 1604455930620.png (22 KB, 662x478)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>272774
I play Terran but my wild guess would be : protoss cheese OP ?
>>
>>272784
>having such little knowledge of zvp that you think voids are cheese and not the most common strat right now
>>
>>272791
>>
>>272791
>having so little knowledge of zvp you unironically think void rays are OP
>>
>>272815
Haven't played for 3 years and never played toss or zerg, stop being such a smart ass and tell us what we should understand from this clip you insufferable cunt.
>>
>>272815
I don't know about OP, it's just so annoying to play against. They force you to go into hydra bane, you can't put on any pressure unless you want to go extremely all in and hope they don't scout with the 4.5 speed flying unit, it's frustrating to lose a base in a few seconds because you were out of position once
>>
>I know literally nothing about starcraft but I still decided to enter the starcraft general and argue about balance
>>
>>272823
protoss players post here all the time
>>
>>272753
You can't get banned but turn off PMs or you'll get death threat spam
>>
File: 1605627579357.jpg (65 KB, 1068x601)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>272841
>>
Oh no no no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYNA5-7DW68
>>
>>272821
?? I didn't even post the clip, but if you must know, it's a meme. The original is artosis getting BTFOd in a similar fashion where some big protoss thing flew into his base and then proceeded to shit blue balls all over it. Instead of having his army in position he chose to give us that beautiful audio track.
>>272822
there's very few things in zvp that isn't annoying
>>
What's your opening against random players?
Mine are:
ZvR - standard 16-17-16
TvR - gas first for faster factory
PvR - cannon rush, this one is the worst
>>
>>272925
ZvR - standard
TvR - reaper expand with 16 scout (is still safe against proxy 2 rax reaper which is really the only thing to worry about, not a big fan of this in TvT though), sometimes I play gas first into tank all-in.
PvR - pray I don't get fucked based on my first pylon location, or cannon rush, I don't like cannon rush though.
>>
>>272953
Why does everyone hype Lambo so much? He is not very good player.
>>
File: TBLS.jpg (89 KB, 500x688)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>272641
>in BW Terran is the OP race and it's not even close. There's a reason all the bonwja were Terran
there were many zergs who dominated for a while too anon.
>>
>>273034
Until they figured out the counters and now they only lose if they make dumb mistakes. Terran can play it safe and win every time
>>
>>272997
There isn't much hype for lambo though? Why are you asking me? I'd say he is a decent player, but he is more than a tier below the top EU pros. But he is definitely above most of them.
I'd say maybe something like
clem/reynor/serral
power gap
showtime/heromarine
gap
lambo/elazer(I don't see him much)?
gap
rest of the EU pros

>>273039
looking at ASL stats this appears to be blatantly false
>>
>>273089
That's because they play greedy all the time and get punished for it. Imagine if zerg did a 4 pool every game. That's what terrans do all the time
>>
i can understand sc2vodarchive constantly sitting at 100 viewers but what are the 400 people watching esl reruns of mana vs ziggy thinking
>>
File: Samsho Setplay.png (1.9 MB, 1275x669)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB PNG
>>268957
>>269020
>>269081
>>269245

holy shit you people are retards

computers are expensive and multiplayer gaming was always way more expensive than console, let alone arcades, which is where fighting games were born. Compare an old skool lan party (everyone has to have their own rig which multiplies the cost for each additional participant) vs console multiplayer (let's all go over to jimmies house and play on his genesis/SNES/playstation/dreamcast etc... you only need one console, in other words) to arcades (the barrier to entry to 25 cents and it you're good - which this model incentivizes- you can stay on that super turbo arcade cabinet for a long time as long as you beat everyone who challenges you, not to mention the AI).

combine this with the fact arcades thrived in urban environments and big cities and it's not surprising why the demographics were different for these games. See also: how china and central/south america got good at SNK games instead of capcom games because SNK cabinets were 4-games-in-1 machines which made them appealing to local business owners who wanted arcade traffic but who lacked the real estate to have more than one machine, or how Japan and Korea have very different console vs. PC gaming habits due almost entirely to internet infrastructure and the prevalence of arcades in one vs the other, or even the very very obvious example of how FTP made fortnite blow up. I'd even extend it to sports; american football, hockey, basketball all require specialized equipment or courts; compare soccer which is literally "get some guys in a open space to kick something"; no wonder it's the world's favorite sport when it's basically the sport equivalent of a FTP game

tl;dr you know what's probably affected by skin color? vitamin d absorption. go talk about metabolism and supplements or something if you want to talk endlessly about race instead of video games
>>
>niggers are subhumans and can never afford nor figure out computers
ahh yes VERY impressive from the left
>>
File: XrVg68d.jpg (433 KB, 1016x1492)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>niggers are subhumans as i mention
>>
>>273510
>The only difference between races is skin color
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>273510
>this is the type of delusion that goes through a zerg trannies mind when outside the game
lmao
>>
File: 1399197661216.jpg (36 KB, 801x656)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>type: armored
>base armor: 0

>type: light
>base armor: 1
>>
>>273510
what is this autism blog
go back to discussing futa in /fgg/
>>
>>272886
>harstem doesnt understand zvp
shocking
>>
railgan looks like he has down syndrome
>>
>>273668
plays like one too lmao
>>
ignoring harstem and railgans retardation, what is the go to ZvP timing attack to kill a toss trying to go straight skytoss?
>>
>>273089
Why wouldn't I ask you? All rotti talks about is how much he is in love with Lambo. Elazer is a lot better than lambo. Lambo is lucky if he is at Puck levels of play.
>>
File: f6Pg.png (112 KB, 200x256)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
What will happen to his kids when starcraft dies?
>>
>>273739
what does his wife do
>>
>>273742
eats a lot
>>
>>273743
maybe they can be a family of professional eaters
>>
>>273739
Does artosis have autism?
>>
>>273739
he can always fall back on professional poker
>>
>>268646
>talk starcraft
Serious question, is it worth it to buy starcraft 2 now? I was forced to not play it in the past decade for several shitty reasons, is the game dead now? Is it worth getting just for singleplayer?
>>
>>273950
lol
mp is free
sp is up to you
like 400k players across all modes
>>
>>273950
the first campaign and multiplayer is free and you can try it right now
game more alive than it has ever been, but that is slowly going to change
the only things you can buy is the other campaigns, skins and coop commanders (for coop gamemode)
>>
>>273958
don't forget the announcers like lowko, totalbiscuit, and tastosis
>>
>>274061
why would anyone want that trash
>>
>>274071
maybe cause they like those people
>>
>>274071
Tastosis announcer would be dope without the background noise.
>>
for me, it's caster park
>>
>>274074
>i like this person so i want to here them repeat the same 50 words over and over every time i play the game
someone got off the short bus at the wrong stop, reddit is the next one down
>>
>>274077
THIS. I DON'T EVEN PLAY WITH SOUND BECAUSE HEARING THE SAME THING NUMEROUS TIMES TRIGGERS ME. IN FACT, I BLEW OUT MY EAR DRUMS SO I NEVER HAVE TO HEAR REPEATING PHRASES EVER AGAIN. IT'S GREAT
>>
File: ted1.png (32 KB, 128x125)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
someones mad
>>
i hope not everyone in this dogshit thread is a retarded sperg and someone gets the joke
>>
>>273678
They're pretty fucking safe, I'd wager the only real option available is to load up a bunch of queens and fly them into his base.
>>
https://youtu.be/w8fCSjINJKw?t=107
Did Artosis literally call Tasteless a normalfag?
>>
>>273516

Deliberately misreading: it's about the initial barrier to entry. Handegg pads, helmet, handegg costs more than a soccer ball and shin guards; one console and two controllers costs more than two PCs, and so on. And then there's the matter of where people literally lived in the 90s, which, like it or not, affected where and what kind of arcades were around you. Justin Wong wouldn't be good at street fighter 2 if he lived in bumfuck nebraska
>>
>>274126
>ft. kelly
not clicking that shit
>>
>>274090

Half right, the answer is the nydus them around 4:00
>>
>>274136
Nydus is easily shut down though, and ovie drop can hit way earlier.
>>
>>273678
None because a 100 mineral building makes all their units invincible
>>
File: starcraft2_2.jpg (96 KB, 617x583)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>
realistically, who could have fucked or al least kissed scarlett in the past ?
>>
>>274158
women arent better at anything than men
>>
>>274202
1v1 me
>>
>>274162
only noregret is that desperate
>>
>>274203
you arent a real woman
>>
>>274204
strange way to spell lucky
>>
>>274227
hey scarlett, how's the dilation?
>>
>>274204
90% of the scene are autistic virgins
>>
>>274303
you are vastly overestimating how many people would want to fuck a tranny
>>
>>274306
They don't have too much to choose
>>
File: 1559038988715.jpg (33 KB, 540x720)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
> apm>strategy
can someone tell me why this thread is in >>>/vst/ and not in >>>/vg/ ?
>>
File: bait-all-out.jpg (40 KB, 625x626)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>274327
>>
>>274327
bruh
sc2wol and later on is metafest and whoever clickfast wins
also the thread is way too dead for vg
>>
>>274314
>hey bro are you hungry? why dont you eat this turd i fished out of the toilet
>>
gookclick
>>
Oh no the tard wrangler took a day off I see.
>>
protoss is pretty retarded
>>
Imagine playing a race that literally has a "press this to hold the attack" button
>>
that was disgusting
>>
>>274698
>He does not focus down or bait the battery
How's life going in Plat bro?
Do you realize how much of a fucking broken mess Protoss is? You say this shit like having a bandaid ability on top of a bandaid structure that took the place of another bandaid unit whose bandaid ability went to the fucking nexus is a good thing. it's not, it fucking sucks. it's there for a reason, i'm sorry if it counters your shitty one base all-in, but its not stronger in defence than fucking zerglings in the early game.
>>
^ subhuman protoss user ^
>>
>>274720
>Plat
So you're diamond then? Lol
>>
File: 1588767645467.jpg (34 KB, 571x686)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>neeb trashing the "four horsemen" (lol)
>>
Artosis Scarlett rematch
https://youtu.be/_hRbv_p4_o4
>>
>>272611
>you're being missled
NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
>>
>>274736
it's funny how the best "female" starcraft player is a tranny
>>
Shitty silver league zerg here, what is the most optimal strategy to go for when a terran is camping an early Planetary Fortress and later Tanks and Turrets right outside of your natural?
>>
>>274942
Okay well the first thing to learn is to not let Terran siege Tanks and build Turrets outside your natural
>>
>>274942
google overlord positions in TvZ and look for the ones for the current maps. you horrendously fucked up if he was able to float/build a cc and make a planetary outside of your natural without you seeing it. and if you do see it, make units and kill it, now you win the game because he wasted time and money on a planetary.
>>
>>274947
kek
>>274950
I guess I figured that the best strat is to prevent it from happening in the first place. It's just that the games it happened to me in I was focused on droning up and teching up that by the time I could get a fighting force the PT has scvs to repair and anti air units to protect it. Still thanks, will look for optimal overlord spots on the maps.
>>
>>274954
the best strat for anything is always to prevent it from happening in the first place. you should always know what is happening outside of your natural.
>>
>>274960
for overlords
the first one goes straight to your opponents natural, by the time it gets there he should be building his natural (all races), if he isn't (or there is a significant difference in progress between his hatch and yours in zvz (early pool)) you know something strange is happening.
I like to have my second overlord scout for proxies against P and T in one direction before sending it to their base as well, that way if my first ovie sees something, it is still on my side of the map to help look for what is going on. My third ovie I put on the attack path from his base to mine or in a way that gives vision between my nat and third. My second ovie ends behind the enemy main base and goes in between 3:30 and 4:00 to find out what is happening so I can prepare. Later in the game it is good to split of individual lings over key parts of the map.
>>
>>275008
meant for >>274954
my later ovies cover drop paths (air space next to base) and attack paths, if you look at the maps, you'd see there are a few possible attack paths, and they all usually have a pillar for the or two for the ovies next to them
>>
>>274942
post replay i wanna see this build kek
>>
>>275021
Send scv to proxy right off the bat, gas first, ebay after starting cc. Static d range as soon as you have gas, pf once cc is done and floated to where you want it to be. It's a very old cheese, and it's hilariously viable for how brainless it is.
In dia and higher it's best to open rax-gas as usual to have a reaper at home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPni_d9V6TQ
>>
>>268646
>Possible SC3 plot

>UED make a return
>Ulrezaj returns
>Rogue zerg brood under Niadra and Abathur's control
>A spectre agent, whose past is unknown, but later as you play on, he is revealed to be Johnny Raynor. This should be a bonus campaign, taking place during events of SC III or part of the main terran campaign.

>No more bullshit about forming an alliance to combat an evil entity, That's straight out of Warcraft III.

instead it should be about the three factions fighting their evil counterparts:

Dominion + Special forces vs. UED and their Special forces
Protoss vs. Nerazim terrorists commanded by that Dark Archon named
Kerrigan's brood vs. Rogue and mutant brood.

would this be any good?
>>
>>275069
kek
stuff like this makes me want to switch from zerg, seems like the other races get way more cool goofy builds they can do
>>
>>275111
>seems like the other races get way more cool goofy builds they can do
Yeah I get this feeling too. Seems like Zerg has less flexibility for just doing dumb shit than the other races.
>>
>>275111
Zerg can do pretty much the same with proxy hatch spine rush.
>>
>>275121
yeah but thats pretty much it
proxy hatch or 12pool or baneling bust or nydus
other ones you can proxy all sorts of shit
>>
>>275122
I think it feels that way because for zerg a Hatchery is the only production building the race has. Everything comes from the larve it spawns. Where as other races have multiple production buildings for different units and that gives more feeling of variety in their cheese.
>>
>>275122
You can spill creep with an ovie to proxy a spire, but only as a way to hide it.
>>
>>275131
what else is there though?
>protoss
cannons, proxy gate, the proxy cannon/gate/robo/battery builds, proxy voids or tempest with battery, proxy oracles, glaive adepts, dts, disruptor drop(?)
>terran
i guess not as many now after cyclone nerfs and banshees being handled pretty easily now
proxy rax, bunker rush, PF rush, proxy fact or starport, conc shell rush, mass reaper, invis widow mines rush
>zerg
proxy hatch, 12pool, 14/14 speedling flood, nydus, bane bust, ravager bust
>>
Which one of you is it

I know it's one of you
>>
>>275147
?
>>
it was me, ya dumb bitch, and i'll do it again.
>>
>>275121
and it gets shut down by a single tank
>>
File: firefox_35jOywt8Ls.png (149 KB, 251x265)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
Oh god that was the best artosis stream in a while, think he's given himself an aneurysm from rage and self inflicted psychosis
z/p - > blame loss on opponents race and lack of skill -> mirror match -> blame loss on map
>>
File: protoss_moments.png (115 KB, 256x256)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
Just posting this picture i'm using for the base decal.
>>
>artosis started saying clown world
Wtf? Is he secretly a nahtzee??
>>
>started
he's been saying it for a while, pretty sure he said it during a cast too because tasteless was making fun of him.
>>
>>275434
I only watch him in GSL and the pylon show
>>
pretty sure it was during ASL so that's probably why. watch ASL dummy, you do know they laugh at you for not watching both, right? baka
>>
>>275441
But I don't know how to play brood war
>>
>>275434
>>275441
You are the absolute worst anon, fucking give (you)'s or suffer my curse.
>>
90% everyone who watches ASL and GSL don't play either game. you could always learn, it's not that hard. play the campaign at least.
>>
>>275450
I did try the sc1 campaign but it doesn't have difficulty modes so it was a bit of a slog. I don't think the missions themselves are as fun as sc2 either, they were very plain clear the map type things. Maybe they get better later though, I only got 2 episodes in
Also I am planning to learn brood war when gsl dies so I can still watch tastosis
>>
>>275416
Lol just watched the game where he lost a zerg cheeser because he cancelled the bunker when he saw the timing was late
>YOU CAN LOSE TO PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY'RE BAD I JUST PROVED IT HE'S SO FUCKING BAD!! *sobs*
He screamed and hit the desk so loud his kids definitely heard LMAO
>>
the sooner you learn the better desu, isn't GSL going on for like two or three more years at least?
>>
I wish I was good at bw so I could snipe ary constantly and then gloat about it on reddit
>>
>>275430
he was calling american media fake news before too
>>
>>275416
what? But he was just casting a tournament. he was having a great time.
>>
is 12pool really a macro opening in zvp
>>
you can play it as a macro opening. make like six or eight zerglings then stop and another hatch and drones. it seriously threatens the protoss
>if they overreact to it, you're ahead
>if they underreact, you kill them
>>
>>275546
interesting
i might start doing it
>>
>>275542
No because toss just dies immediately.
>>
>>275559
i definitely will start doing it then
>>
even pro players just die to 12 pool sometimes lol shit is hilarious. reminds me fucking who was it that had like ten zerglings just sitting outside their base for like a minute but had no idea and just let them in his natural? i think it was zest. what a terrible game.
>>
Bit of shitty blog, but...
>decide to return to SCII
>start with campaign
>ah cool gotta finish WoL
>on hard
>charr missions
>die like a little bitch tho I had all the hard difficulty achievments done in 2011
Holy shit, I am such a fucking scrub, lots of work ahead of me to gid gut again.
Would've most likely dropped to absolute bottom of bronze instead of my usual mid-gold.
>>
People in gold-plat are playing way better than they were two years ago. I think it's Vibe to blame.
>>
based chad vibe elevating the average skill level of the unwashed masses
cringe faggot anonymous complaining about other players being able to improve using the knowledge the other people
>>
I'm not complaining though.
>>
then i'm not talking about you, ya silly willy :)
>>
What's the average mmr in 1v1?
>>
In that railgan video the skytoss he keeps playing goes nexus first vs 12 pool and lives every time
>>
>>275601
Gold 1, so around 2.8k
>>
>>275580
i dont think so, i was plat in wol and quit until recently and am still plat
>>
>>275605
its hilarious that a 100 apm GM figured out something that pros havent: you can full wall temporarily to not die to lings
>>
File: 1604510645864.jpg (10 KB, 325x325)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>275607
Got banned by demuslim for saying the average was low plat so I wasnt far off.
>>
>>275625
SC2 streamers in particular seem to enjoy throwing a fit about particular types of comments in chat. Artosis can't handle guys in the chat making claims about the game balance. Nate gets tilted by "free units" and "op mules" talks. Jason sees literally every game-related comment as backseat gaming.
>>
>>275683
Why stream if you can't handle these comments? De Muslim lost the game and proceeded to call viewers simps and banned some of us.

Ironic considering he's the male equivalent of a onlyfan whore.
>>
>>275542
it is the only macro opening in zvp
your other option is getting your hatch blocked and forced to take your 2nd hatch at the 3rd location on 18 supply
at least with 12pool you aren't immediately behind after the opening
>>
>>275696
they can still hatchblock though cant they? dont you send your lings crossmap straight away?
>>
>>275698
you can leave 2 lings to kill the pylon before you want to put down the hatch
or make more lings because he opted to spend 100 extra mins on something that isn't defense
>>
File: firefox_HlJEr3ufuE.png (178 KB, 336x254)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>275683
Artosis gets bullied so much by his chat I can't even tell apart the trolls and the actual MIT game balance graduates anymore
>>
>>269245
Holy cope
>>
>>269245
>Christcucks are the ones acknowledging we aren't one race
The state of faggots.
>>
There are two types of people with opinions that differ from mine: mentally deficient people i don't like or this other subgroup of people i don't like
>>
File: fllAlXE.png (377 KB, 1198x763)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>
>>276523
Is he losing it?
>>
>>276530
Never had it
>>
File: EnhePhjUwA4E2qE.jpg (353 KB, 1536x2048)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>
>>276755
What's tasteless doing to that gook?
>>
Is Artosis's wife hot?
Do pictures of her exist?
>>
shes bbw
>>
she's ugly and fat
>>
tfw no chubby mommy gf to raise my kids while i play broodwar all day
>>
she's not chubby, she's fat.
>>
perfectly plump...
>>
File: crying wojak gun.jpg (10 KB, 300x168)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
4K D1 Bio terran here.
How the fuck do I win TvZ when my opponent doesnt forget to have a small group of units to break off for a drop, and doesnt bank 4000 minerals by the 10 minute mark?
>play mech
Don't say play mech.
Currently using: https://lotv.spawningtool.com/build/135364/
>>
>>277175
play mech
>>
>>277177
never thought I would see dubs lie.
Playing mech is for beta males anon :(, I wanna be a chad.
>>
>>277175
Drop mines.
>>
>singles
looks like you're playing mech
>>
>>277175
2-2 parade push
>>
>>277175
>opponent has 2 groups
attack in 3 places
>>
>>277175
How do you usually lose games vs ling bane muta? I find it so hard to attack into terran with that composition
>>
>>277178
Being Chad is a state of mind, if you aren't Chad yet, you never will be.
>>
>You have Artosis as your father
What do you do?
>>
>>277373
Become a loser NEET failure at life
>>
>>277373
Play protoss
>>
>>277377
kek
>>
What's a the normal time to get a lair in ZvP?
>>
>>277501
4:00-4:30
>>
>tired
>have work tomorrow
>dont want to sleep
>want to ladder
someone tell me what to do
>>
>>277672
indulging yourself is more important than work, unless it's an important work day or you have an important job
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQkzFTR9pM
>>
>>277709
>ashcorp
isn't that that gay panda thing?
>>
>>277672
>>277705
>4 zvz in a row
someone should have stopped me
>>
in zvz if the other zerg cheeses you and you defend it, is the right approach to just macro up then kill them in midgame?
>>
if by midgame you mean roach push with 2 base saturation, then yes
>>
>>277829
yea thats pretty much what it was, i got like 20 roaches and speed and attacked while taking a third
>>
bros whens the starcraft i cant take it first the lockdown now this
>>
>>277709
When you think about it it's really funny that Artosis ended up being the more popular one of the two, since Tasteless started earlier and frankly put in so much more work to establish the scene.
>>
>>278431
i mean artosis seemed to do way more stuff outside of gsl which is probably why like streaming often and pylon show
>>
Guys I’m platinum would you watch me play SC2?
>>
Does anyone have a picture of Artosis's wife?
I need to see them...
For a thing...
Pictures of Natanias doesn't do it for me anymore.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (135 KB, 180x292)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>278567
are you sure you want to see? before you see she could look like anything, after you see the magic is lost
>>
File: Spoiler Image (787 KB, 800x535)
787 KB
787 KB PNG
>>278573
the baby looks a lot like artosis though kek
>>
>>278573
>>278575
She's unironically cute. Dan is a lucky man
>>
File: Omega.jpg (31 KB, 480x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>269077
SC1's stories are pretty solid. Broodwar is when it begins to fall apart, the UED campaign is the strongest by far and its
>UED keeps fucking up and Duran keeps them from failing before they can help him with his plans
I don't even know what the fuck the Protoss campaign in Broodwar is? NTR/Torture porn? It's just the Protoss getting outsmarted and fucked over 24/7.
The Zerg campaign is just incredibly boring, there really isn't anything to make fun of, it's just you killing characters and owning everything, the final mission is neat at least.
>>
File: DMeyO.png (466 KB, 522x394)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
rate stache
>>
>>278609
its not great but i like it
>>
>>278609
My god he looks like shit
>>
>>278548
Yes
>>
>>275463
he's not wrong, sometimes a player makes such a bad move, that it is beyond understanding why he would do this, fucking over the other player
>>
>>278890
I don't even play bw but it seems to me that artosis doesn't understand he isn't playing against ASL players. He's rank A on ladder, of course their play isn't pro-tier perfect
>>
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Special:Stream/trovo/AlphaXSC2
TOURNAMENT
>>
>>278548
stream where?
>>
>half damage to mutas
>no armor
Take the bunker-pill and protect your marine count while making your base run-by proof. I'm tired of chasing ogre zerg mutas.
>>
>>278925
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Special:Stream/twitch/AlphaXSC2
>>
>bro just put bunkers all of your base and put marines in them lol!1!1!!
no
>>
>>278973
Marines eat up soup-ly though.
>>
File: 5x7w1o5uv9161.jpg (68 KB, 1024x683)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
I am enjoying this "should protoss have x" series on reddit.com
>>
>>279075
any time people make fun of tosstards is a good time
>>
>>278609
I'd bet everything he's a balkan slav
>>
any source code leaks for 1 and brood war yet? still waiting.
>>
>lose 3 games in a row
>win once
>promo to plat
huh
>>
wasn't there a source code leak a long ass time ago and the dude returned it to blizzard
>>
File: yelllowmonkey.jpg (36 KB, 454x414)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>mirror match
>we both do the same build
>i do it slightly better and win
>>
yes, the code leaked like a year ago
>>
File: Fatrick_Ateman.jpg (44 KB, 584x413)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
i love starcraft
>>
>>279085
He's polish.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1SmiqYlZTc
>>
Wait people still play Starcraft 2? How many people like 50?
>>
>>279711
50 * 10000
>>
when i watch the sc2vodarchive channel i come to the conclusion that its not just in my head,and that the game used to be better 10 years ago
>>
>>279881
it was
>>
>>278905
Why doesn’t artosis just play safe vs using builds that leave him open to dumb aggressive builds.
>>
https://tl.net/video/streams/Artosis/popout
hes losing it
>>
>>280017
i wonder if he beats his wife after getting this mad
>>
me playing my favorite game that i love very much
>>
its called passion... retards
>>
arty is so based
>>
File: 1554997665819.jpg (125 KB, 960x720)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>280043
>shaved the stache
>>
>>280039
Well, she still has not divorced him for the half of that esports dough.
So he probably knows how to put a w*man in her place. And in this day and age, it means hitting them from time to time. Otherwise, a woman will not respect a man.
Tasteless would never hit a woman and he's still single.
>>
>>280202
tasteless is too busy banging gooks to have a relationship
>>
>>280202
tasteless seems like the guy to cry after hitting a girl
>>
guys you really shouldn't be idealizing these relationships where you have to hit a chick in order to cooperate with her. i know nobody ever really calls you out on this stuff especially on 4chan but you could at least imagine a slightly healthier unhealthy situation. like fucking the rebellion out of her or shutting her up with a kiss or any of those other weird movie cliches. just hitting someone is kind of sad and uncomfortable.

fuck protoss
>>
fuck terran and fuck zerg, protoss master race, and yes, my girlfriend and i beat each other before, during, and after intense rape sessions.
>>
>>280222
How else would you keep a relationship stable for the good of the kids?
Women divorce neurotypical men all the time, leaving them penniless. And very very rarely break up with sociopathic abusers.
>>
>>280222
>trips
>>280231
>singles
>>280233
>dubs
winrar has been decided
>>
>>280207
>tasteless seems like the guy to cry after hitting a girl
Literally me. I was disgusted with myself for weeks after hitting an ex once. How do I combat this reaction? Do I have to dehumanize a woman in my mind first by watching MGTOW videos?
How do Chads hit women so frivolously?
>>
>>280231
kys tossnigger
>>
starcraft
>>
>>280244
>>280322
checked
>>
I know people like to laugh at Artosis seething but Tasteless seething is pretty entertaining as well.
>>
i always die to 2 base marine mine pushes what should i be doing against that
its always the same shit
harrass with a few hellions early (no damage)
mine drop (maybe a little damage if im not paying enough attention)
marine + mine push (i die)
>>
>>280546
Build the skill battery and press the hold attack button (50 energy)
>>
>>280561
sorry forgot to say zerg
>>
>>280562
Post replay then
>>
>>280570
ceebs finding one, just wondering what the correct response would be
>>
>>280561
rent free
>>
>>280584
>ceebs
I can't give more specific advice than make units without a replay. Are you going ling bane?
>>
>>280598
yea i was going ling bane
i was more looking for advice about which composition is best for dealing with it like ling bane vs roach ling vs rush mutas or just mass queens
im not serral so i cant split lings against mines
lings seem godawful against marines too when they have a lot
>>
>>280600
Yeah just go ling bane. You can split your army into two control groups, one on either side of his army, then f2 a move. What league are you in?
>>
>>280606
plat shitter
>>
>>280561
Whoa, do you really wanna recommend skill batteries to random players like that? It's really only an option for the absolute top tier - I'd say masters 1 minimum. Hence the power of the skill battery. Power gated behind skill, that's the philosophy of the protoss race
>>
>>280609
Don't make too many drones - 66 max until he's taken his 3rd. Try to have bane speed done before the attack hits. Try to sandwich his army with your two halves, a move, then move command the banes toward his marines
>>
>>280619
thanks
i probably need to macro hatch if im doing ling bane too i guess, i never seem to be able to use all the minerals if ive got 3base saturated
>>
>>280609
chances are your macro is just shit.
get some good ol' creep-spread, maek queen - maybe sprinkle in some roch and maek lings
now post that replay and don't give me that twitch-talk.
>>
>>280635
fine ill find one
https://drop.sc/replay/17282785
>>
>>280639
>plat shitter
>gold
are you wasting my time anon?
>>
File: file.png (324 KB, 807x492)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>280645
i promod since then bro
>>
>>280649
alright. congratulations.
you die because you have no plan throughout the game.
You have no information of what your opponent is doing, you don't know when he's moving out, or where his army is before it shows up at your 3rd.
You're floating +1k minerals for most of the game and you seem content with just having a handful of bling chillin' in your base while your bank just grows.
When he knocks down your 3rd your reaction is to make as many mutalisks as possible against his mass marine army.

So:
Have a plan.
Scout.
Spend your money.
>>
>>280653
my plan every game is just macro and survive until they take a 3rd then kill it
i dont know how many hatches you need to support ling bane though i usually do other compositions
>>
>>280662
If you want to survive, then you need to scout.
Macro'ing means keeping your money low until you're maxed out.
>>
>>280639
Just watch Vibe.
>>
>>280665
all he says is make roaches and amove them
>>
Small details, but your 15th drone should rally to the nat to build your hatch if you go 17 hatch. Then your 17th drone rallies to the extractor to build the gas, 18th to build the pool.
If you want to play fast lair like you did this game, you're delaying your third base. If you want to play macro, rally your 20th drone to the 3rd location, get a hatch on 26/28 (so before the 3rd overlord). Pull off gas at ~100 gas so there's only 1 drone on the extractor, then 25 overlord, queen when your nat queen finishes, 32 overlord. Put back on gas once your natural mineral line is 16/16, then take more gases once you have 3 saturated mineral lines. Spores around 4:30
Since you got a fast lair, you had to invest in lair tech early to make it worth, such as spire or nydus. So what you did this game didn't make much sense. If your build was more efficient, you would've had drones faster and built enough units to easily defend.
You also didn't have any scouting this game. Send an overlord into his main around 3:30 - see if he has 2-1-1 or 1-1-1, a fusion core, a tech lab starport, an early 3rd. Shift lings out of your group (pig has good guides on this) to see when your opponent moves out or takes a 3rd. To simplify, tech lab starport means build queens and spores, 2-1-1 means he's gonna attack at 5:30 with 2 medivacs of marines, so you need to go to ~45 drones and make ling queen. Don't go over 66 drones until he takes a 3rd. Take a 4th and macro hatch once you're fully saturated on 3 bases. If you see him move out make units and don't stop until the push is over.
You didn't see his army was on the map because you were looking at the runby. You didn't have enough units to hold him off even if you saw it, but if you did have enough, you'd want to set up a surround while he walked onto your creep by splitting the army in two, one on either side, then a move.
Also if you have extra minerals, build extra queens then start spamming spacebar injects.
>>
>>280639
>>280671
>>
>>280666
He says a lot more than this.
>>
>>280671
thanks
i definitely do need to learn how to scout properly
>>
>>280675
>If you want to play macro, rally your 20th drone to the 3rd location, get a hatch on 26/28 (so before the 3rd overlord). Pull off gas at ~100 gas so there's only 1 drone on the extractor, then 25 overlord, queen when your nat queen finishes, 32 overlord. Put back on gas once your natural mineral line is 16/16, then take more gases once you have 3 saturated mineral lines.
Actually you can forget all this if it's too complicated. Point is, take an earlier 3rd if you don't want to do something with fast lair tech, don't take your gases too soon as in saturated 3 mineral lines before you get your 2nd gas, keep building queens until 7.
As for scouting, just rally your 2nd overlord to just outside his main, then send it in at 3:30. If it's 1-1-1 you need defensive lings around 2 saturated mineral lines. If it's 2-1-1 he won't attack until 5:30 so drone as much as you can until 5:00 then make units.
>>
File: 1521375547687.png (936 KB, 796x1026)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
>>279075
>using reddit
>>
>>280837
Artosis uses reddit
>>
>>280847
only to laugh at how dumb the redditards are
>>
>>280864
No but he's literally a redditor
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (35 KB, 600x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>280865
>only goes on there to laugh at the dumb shit they say
>b-b-but he opened the website
>>
File: O8Ltqms.png (8 KB, 305x151)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>280914
>>
File: 1606181064416.jpg (244 KB, 768x1024)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>
>>280957
>Tasteless has gotten tired of banging gook girls
>Now he's after the gook boys
>>
File: jesus fucking christ.png (45 KB, 696x468)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>the western starcraft community
>>
>>281071
Now that guy is insecure about his hair loss.
>>
>>281071
>"hurt"
what did he mean by this
>>
File: holy reddit batman.png (72 KB, 629x592)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>281071
it gets worse
>>
>>281071
jesus christ. I mean I too didn't like that I lost my hair at an early age, but talk about being a faggot about it, wew.
>>
>>281071
Guess the race
>>
>>281104
>guess
i think we all know already
>>
Okay I'm live now thanks for watching and subscribing https://tl.net/video/streams/mrsnibbles
>>
>hahaha look i go to r.ddit
>BBBBBUT ONLY TO LAUGH AT THEM HAHAHA DUM R.DDIT AMIRITE FELLOW 4CHANNELERS
you're almost a bigger retard than that balding faggot
>>
>tfw remastered broodwar is on sale
>bought it
>havent played in 10 years
>ranked
>lose some win some
feels good lads

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.