[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tw_me.jpg (998 KB, 1920x1571)
998 KB
998 KB JPG
>be dwarves
>go south to take black crag
>orks overwhelm you from the north
>restart and go north to take mount gunbad
>orks overwhelm you from the south
Will Dwarves just be fucked until they get a buff or 3 comes out?
>>
Had same problem, go to the north through pain and tears of losing settlements or leave a small army in your main province preferably, if you're on higher difficulty and won't be able to hold settlements just desroy them, soon as you reach zhufbar there shouldn't be any more greenskins, then you can freely go to the south
>>
File: legend.png (35 KB, 115x120)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
git gud
>>
>>266368
Is this game worth buying, I like lizardmen if that helps
>>
>>266368
>be dwarves
>Farm orc settlement next to your start point
>Destroy orcs no problem, no questions asked
>>
>>266875

no, any virtues it has are wiped out by the horrid technical issues. CA couldn't make a decent engine if their lives depended on it.
>>
>>266875
It's fun

The lizardmen are in total war warhammer 2 but get both games on sale if you have a decent pc to play the big campaign
>>
>>266368
Dwarves really need to just outlast for now. Generally, the skaven will eventually grow and become a threat to the greenskins and that will ease the pressure enough for you to start murdering your way south. Otherwise you can confed yourself into an empire and roll the orcs.

Biggest thing is to unite the north asap. That way you have only order factions and vamps, which you can raze to death or annex if you feel move quick enough, to your borders aside from the southern orcs. Then you can turn south and purge the greenskins.
>>
NVM I figured it out but man I had to kill a lot of orcs
>>
>>267339
I ended going up holding Gunbad and then going South. I confeded Zhukar or whatever and wiped out the vamps with the Empire. Unfortunately that one Dwarf clan north of there didn't make it and there are 2 or 3 more ork settlements to take out. The Skaven in the South are getting upity so I am pivoting towards them now.
>>
>>266368
How do you fail at the dawi? They're literally the easiest race.
>>
>>266871
I hate him so much.
>>
>>266875
Depends on your rig bro. it's a demanding game to run smoothly.
>>
>>268014
>man I had to kill a lot of orcs
That's just life as a dwarf.
>>
>nobody talking about new dlc out 3rd of December
Dead game.
>>
>>268025
That's too bad about Karak Kadrin. Ungrim is a fun LL and opens up the full slayer army. Zhufbar is probably the best possible early confed. It opens up attacking the undeads and it shores up the backline without overextending. Plus once you finish doing things north you can move south pretty effectively.
>>
>>268677
TTTHHHHHHRRRROOOOOOOTTTTTT BBBAAAABBYYYYYY

ALSO SISTERS
ALSO ARIEL
ALSO FUCKING ZOATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>266871
LEGENDOTOTAWOA HEA
>>
>>268677
>more knife-ears and rats
I want WH3 already
>>
>>268738
Confeding Ungrim early is usually better than Zhufbar for the very reasons you mentioned
>>
>>268677
nigga /twg/ was moving faster than most boards today, I saw like three threads reach 800+ posts.
>>
>>268189
I'm new to the game and franchise. I'm steamrolling down south now. The Empire crushes chaos whenever it spawns so I'm free to play around now. The first 80 turns or so we're just a real slog.
>>
>>268189
I thought I heard Dawi got fucked bad because of Greenskins getting buffed.
>>
>>272499
That's only at higher difficulties. But yeah, the AI orcs can actually do a lot more damage now, mainly to other AI. But on normal difficulty as dwarfs the only thing the orcs can do to you is attack an undefended location.
>>
>>268201
It doesn't need more than 30fps, because it's a strategy game. I run it on high settings with large unit scale on a FX 6300 that costs less than a PC case. Let that sink in.
>>
>>266875
you need a good computer to run it (t. 15+ minute load times)
it's a fum game overall, but very expensive. lizards have a pretty bad campaign experience overall (lackluster mechanics and horrifically bloated building spread), and a mixed battle experience. their standard play (line of saurus with big dino support and a slann lord) is ludicrously powerful and good fun, but it can get bored easily; while the lizard DLC factions are of mixed quality, the units that they add go a long way to providing the lizardmen with alternative playstyles that can really help to spice up playing them.
a short review of each start option:
>mazdamundi starts you with a slann lord, but little else unique; you start in the northernmost part of lustria. pretty ok
>kroq-gar's start is extremely linear, so your early options for enemies and expandions are very slim. however, you get big, killy battles early since those options are skaven, other lizards and tomb kings
>tictactoe (flc) buffs the shit out of flying units and has multiple expansion paths to start with, he's my favorite
>gor-rok (flc) is right smack dab in the middle of the lustriabowl, surrounded by enemies. extremely easy since you're immortal and also have lord kroak, but still braindead fun
>tehenhauin (dlc) feels like missed potential, but his playstyle of skinks with skirmishy dino support is still doable and fun. you'll run out of rats to murder fast unless you sail to the badlands
>nakai (dlc) is the most enjoyable unmodded horde in the game, but that is saying very little. he almost works as a faction, all you need to do is get a mod that buffs his income and his vassal's ability to defend itself
>>
>>266368
>stick around in the silver road until you get walls in its minor settlements
>push north to take mount gunbad and its province
>head back to the silver road to begin the push southwards as you build walls in mount gunbad's minor settlement
don't get intimidated by the greenskin scum, every last clansdawi is worth four of them
also, try to avoid confederating barak varr until you're ready to kill the greenskins south of it, as they serve as a useful shield against incursions from the badlands proper. once you do confederate them, however, immediately start signing trade deals - that seaport is your connection to a solid half of your early/midgame income as the dawi
>>
File: UUUUUH2.jpg (23 KB, 301x490)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>272978
>Let that sink in
>>
File: let that sink in.jpg (148 KB, 641x900)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>272978
>>
>>266871
He's not even that good, take away all his exploits and he can't do shit.
>>
File: rsz_1woodelfs.png (2.44 MB, 2813x1300)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB PNG
>tfw you thought woodelves would actually get something as cool as Moulder mechanics
>>
>>266875
Lizard's are one of the coolest armies in Warhammer 2 but they not be the best choice for a beginner
>>
>>268677
there's a whole other thread dedicated to it u whiney bitch
>>
>>268741
I'm way more hype for Zaots than I have any right to be
>>
Im doing a nakai playthrough with SFO, and i had a bit of an issue and needed to restart because i pulled all of norsca against me. Is it viable to attack another faction? i dont wanna mess with bretonnia if i can
>>
File: 1604774328256.jpg (56 KB, 800x600)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>274178
>he wouldn't be as good if he radically changed his playstyle to something not nearly as effective
the great minds of /vst/ people
>>
>Greenskins start invading empire late game
>get rows of armour piercing gunlines
>does barely any damage to the black orc doomstacks
>only my main legendary army with huge ranged buffs can take on the endless green tide
>>
>>281176
he relies on cheese, exploits and doomstacking. If he was good he wouldn't have been btfo by the welves campaign, because he can't cheese anymore. This isn't the mark of a good player and you know it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.