[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 73 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Swordlance_01.png (8 KB, 70x140)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>
Is there no recent working talent tryout mod?
>>
>>265863
cringe
>>
File: 1605645519314.png (315 KB, 330x445)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
First famed weapon of the run, Day 30. I lost two meatshield bros for this. Is it any good?
>>
>>265936
Its alright.
>>
>>265863
what do you mean there are lots
>>
>>265963
Latest I found was semi-bugged on nexus. (alternative tryout mod).
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Spess mahreens!
>>
>>265031
>>265080
hello anon. i was in the middle of writing a reply when, as timing would have it, the old thread died. it's no longer possible to post what i wrote. interest has waned, and resurrecting an old argument is displeasing. the past should be forgotten. i feel somewhat guilty even quoting a dead post, but it can't be helped, this is karma. i'm obliged to reply to people who speak to me, ignoring someone makes them feel unwanted and not worthy of attention.

i contemplated many things today. the mood struck me to rebel against my nature, so i set out to write a reply that considers your viewpoint. in writing, in order in order to effectively persuade you, rather than win an argument, i considered the ways you are most likely to react to my statements, given my image of how you are, rather than the way i think you ought to react to those statements, given the rules of the philosophical game. with such a results-oriented mindset, 4 hours went by, writing and deleting. i forced myself to do things i didn't want to do, things like: not antagonizing my opponent with harsh words, pretending to agree with things in order to disarm initial hostility and encourage open mindedness, adding redundant qualifiers and disclaimers to statement at risk of being wrongfully nitpicked, explicitly stating things that ought to be obvious but annoyingly aren't, and so on. it made me feel nostalgia. shame i didn't play any battle brothers today, but all activities are strategy games, especially posting.
>>
>>266143
I was a bit disappointed you didn't respond desu
But we aren't on reddit you don't have to put on your soft gloves, I'd have disagreed either way lmao
>>
https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/333?tab=description
Imagine being these guys, spending a lot of time making a big mod but then making it incompatible with a lot of other mods by not using hooks
insanity
>>
>>265936

+Damage is always good. It is a warbrand, however. Personally I don't like warbrand much.

Their single target damage is pretty decent, although they are quite a bit worse than Greatswords in AoE situations.
>>
>>266163

>Looting strategies are nerfed in many ways from puncture to enemy early days gear

Dropped.

Seriously though, I actually do like some of these balance changes.
>>
>>266196
If anything meta changes like that is what I'd be more interested in, but streamlining doesn't sound like the right way to go on about it
>>
>play Urtuk
>it has a 1-3x speed option
>at any moment you can toggle ultra fast mode or just hold middle or right mouse button to make enemy turns fly by in seconds
When the fuck are the devs going to integrate faster
They complain about bug reports that are caused by the mod but don't do anything to fix the root of the problem
>>
>>266150
i get that the board culture doesn't demand fake politeness from anonymous users but someone chastized me once for being too hostile, and i took it to heart and felt quite bad about it. i don't want to be obnoxious. but that's not why i took my time replying. it felt like the discussion was going around in circles, there were a few loosely connected lines of reasoning being argued by multiple posters simultaneously, reply chains got tangled up and i got lost. i could've asked for help but i wanted to solve the puzzle on my own. were we were still talking about that talented recruit, or hybrid builds in general, or warbow vs javelin, or warbow in abstracto. the points being made were clear to me, but i sensed some ambiguity as to what exactly is the core thing being argued about. i lacked a clear target to argue against and i didn't want to ignore that feeling. many inferior posters slip up in that position, they ignore their gut. lacking a clear target to argue against, they resort to that heinous practice of greentext bulletpoint nitpicking. green, black, green, black. it's like a bread slicer, but for posts. i find it repulsive. why don't they read the whole post, then reply? why do they quote a single post ten times? it's schizophrenic, they multiply lines of reasoning, one line becomes five, then ten, then fifteen, it never ends. and it's rude too, it's like you're interrupting the post while it's speaking. it is text. what kind of savage interrupts text? read the whole post, then reply to the post. humans can't have ten parallel arguments at once. so that's out of the question. i needed a high effort post. but that's no easy task. a high effort reply calls for an epidemiological investigation of previous posts, i must attentively read old posts while tracing down the genealogy of our lines of reasoning until i gather enough clues to triangulate everyone's position on everyone else's game tree, and identify the root of the disagreement. i was too slow.
>>
>>266222
forget about the speed options, have you seen that beauitful crisp tile grid? you can see the hexagons and visually tell who's in range of what, who threatens who and from what angles. i would pay dlc price for that feature alone. initiative orders are also displayed in a sane fashion. it hurts just thinking about the UI we didn't get
>>
>>266230
It was probably me calling you out for being hostile, but there's a difference between fake politeness and hostility. Insulting people for no reason trashes the mood of the not-general which degrades further discussion and turns us into /v/. I had to insult soemone yesterday, because he did the very rude thing of quoting random parts out of my post to link to your posts, but that was surely justified

Cutting up posts is a blessing and a curse. Sometimes I don't want to respond to your whole point, I just want to pick out something and respond to that in particular, either because I agree with the rest or just don't care about it, or because it's not an argument in particular but just an elaboration of a point or something. In the first point you linked, 'overvaluing AP efficiency' was essentially half my argument, so I had to elaborate about that in particular. I thought the term was obvious, but turns out it wasn't. (callback to >>266143).

Of course this can lead to people nitpicking, disfiguring arguments by cutting them off in the middle, ignoring latter parts that explain the point etc. You're right that usually a full response is better though
>>
>>266751
i'm still not sure i understand what you mean by overvaluing AP efficiency. if i interpret that phrase literally 'AP efficiency' is just bro efficiency, can't be overvalued. AP is the primary limiting resource in combat, you only get 9 per turn per brother, and the only to get more is to start a new round and deal with the enemy's hassles. every round is like its own little mini puzzle where you have to use your AP to handle immediate problems, and if you made efficient use of your AP, you have some action points left over to progress through the fight. i think of it like using block cards vs attack cards in slay the spire, you want to first fully block, then use your remaining cards and energy to attack, and a 'perfect' fight is one where you managed to do that every round.
i think what you meant is that i worry too much about using up all 9 action points without considering the value i get in return, maybe some OCD makes me attracted to the 5+4 AP numbers and makes me feel like i'm being efficient. obviously i do not think AP should be spent for the sake of spending it. but i happen to think that quick shot is a good attack, warbows deal 50-70 hp damage, that's not a low number for a 4AP attack by any standard, in fact it's high. the issue is armor, and bows are balanced around this, because their long range target selection lets them pick out unarmored targets. of course there are only so many unarmored enemies and someone in the company has to deal with armor, but if we're just talking about a couple of attacks per round, there's almost no fight in the game where a single warbow can't find something to shoot at. simply treating quickshot as '25 average damage' is no way to be thinking about the weapon, you shouldn't average variant things like that into a single aggregate number, it's a deceptive statistic. and billhooks even post nerf do 140% armor damage, that's what makes the javelin synergy so strong. similar logic applies for billhook + whip.
>>
>>267219
> think what you meant is that i worry too much about using up all 9 action points without considering the value i get in return
Yes, it's about what we get out of the AP, instead of just using them for the sake of it. Obviously we'd prefer if we could always use 9 AP on attacking or doing similarly cool things. But as in the case of anons 80 ratk bro, I just don't think trying to fit in a bow is the right thing there. The raw damage is fine, sure. If we always could hit them, that'd certainly be a good use of the AP. But in my experience, that kind of ratk just doesn't cut it. In my last run, I had 95+ ratk archers will bullseye and some +hit bows, and I was still disappointed with their performance.
The math was silly sure, it was more about the fun of it. But still- that was at 2 range, against an unobstructed enemy. If we now also want to start hunting for unarmored foes to maximise the flesh damage, it gets that much harder to actually connect. I'd rather not have that headache and get either a whip or throwing. Disarm is extremely good, and even the base whipping skill can sometimes finish a guy off, plus odd things like anti-gheist help. Throwing weapons just deal great damage, though you really want duelist.
>>
File: furious bbtard.gif (96 KB, 300x338)
96 KB
96 KB GIF
>unstoppable force (no formatting effortposter) vs immovable object (smug tryout user)
Please shut up already. Talk about the changes to spear mastery and the living wood shield introduced by the latest patch instead.
>>
>>267305
But I'm not the tryout user
I went to bed and you guys continued arguing with another person
>>
>>267305
the spearwall change looks amazing, i can't wait to try it out but this is meta defining stuff, spearwall is a core part of balance. don't forget that spearwall costs 4AP and potentially wastes multiple enemies' turns, this above disarm/net in terms of action economy.

tree shield i'm not sure about, i use sipar and kite. schrats are the one enemy i still can't get over. i conquered my fear of alps, hexen, ifrits and serpents, but schrats i veto. yes this is a wake up call, i can't keep ignoring this enemy.
passive shield damage is 99% ignorable, and for the 1% of fights where it's a consideration you should just carry an extra shield. shield destroying orcs won't let your shield recover anyway, 100+ durability named orc shields still have their niche. i speculate that best use case is somewhere the middle, when incoming shield damage per round is about equal to passive regeneration, so a single axe wielder trying to break your shield is hopeless now. i'm not sure how useful that is. i think tree shield is just a less annoying heater shield, it cancels out the annoying downside of using the 20 melee defense shield, the melee defense is the selling point not the stupid endurance.
>>
Just to let you guys know, a full party of battleforged peasants militia with 2 handed weapons and indomitable is the strongest party you can make by far.
>>
>>267423
i too consider peasant militia to be the strongest origin, but the title of 'strongest party' has to go to endgame cultists. only the elder god lets you make proper use of 2 handed weapons and indomitable.
>>
>>267423
>full 2h bf indom frontline
It's been a while since Blazing Deserts released, anon.
>>
UPDATE

Changelog for 1.4.0.46
Changed Spear Mastery perk to also allow for activating the Spearwall skill when already adjacent to opponents.
Changed Living Tree Shield to regenerate 20 points of durability each turn, up from 4.

Fixed freeze as charmed characters attempt to throw smoke bombs.
Fixed combat potentially ending prematurely if only resurrected Wiedergängers are left.
Fixed some beast parties spawned by contracts not being attackable by other ai parties after the contract that spawned them has been cancelled.
Fixed berserker mushroom effect stacking.
Fixed some other minor issues.
>>
>>267675
Are spear tanks back on the menu?
>>
>>267682
they were always menu
>>
File: suicide - Copy.jpg (80 KB, 381x346)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>266246
>press alt and see the path from the character towards the destination of the cursor
>mouse over an enemy, stats and all the current status effects are described in detail in a box
>click the question mark and a character sheet with all of their perks pops up
>>
>>267900
it's not fair ;_;
>>
>>267537
Frontline and back line.
>>
File: forest.png (1.13 MB, 1366x768)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
it begins
>>
File: forest 1.png (1.38 MB, 1366x768)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
targed acquired.
>>
File: forest 2.png (1.33 MB, 1366x768)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>targed
i am very sleepy.
billmen are dead, but only polehammer dropped. i must obtain heavy crossbow.
>>
File: forest 3.png (1.43 MB, 1366x768)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
and now the noble army is edible. thank you pathfinder
>>
>>265831
Still waitin' for Legends to update
>>
File: 1599536420219.jpg (20 KB, 306x306)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>tfw get a 3rd named shield in a row
Bros, I just want a weapon.
>>
>>268208
afaik you can get the beta of the updated version on their discord
>>
>>268246
Oh good. Thx anon!
>>
>>267375
They're not that bad even though i've fought them like once after the BD patch since they're so impossible to find on some seeds. Just break the shield with an axe since they have DR when its still on and don't double grip anything. They'll spend time trying to regrow it back. The uproot will go for the most people it can hit unless someone is taunting the tree
Uproot is one of those abilities that hands out damage and injuries however it feels though. Ifrits are similar to me there.
>>
>>268346

It is a bit buggy. Look at the pinned messages in /bugs and /test-build-feedback for fixes. Two major ones is that resurrected Weirdingers can't be targeted, and that hiring the Lookout corrupts your save. These have fixes posted.
>>
>>268425
last i fought them i recall taunt only working if the schrat can't target multiple bros with uproot, was this changed?
>>
>>268578
At some point they said taunt was made better against them in the patch notes.
If they fucked it up and it still doesnt work you can just direct their attacks by shuffling the guys in the back around since the greedy tree always goes for multiple hits.
>>
>>268657
yes that's what i've always done to spread damage between healthy bros, but it's nerve wrecking as fuck, at any moment the AI can decide 'wait a minute i know how to play battle brothers' and slap a low hp bro with roots. and that's when rngjesus activates his trap card and throws the max roll headshot
>>
furthermore, it appears as though schrat is german for bugbear.
>>
I just lost my bruhs in my self imposed ironman run (Got jumped by 6 gorillion barbarians reavers and chosens in a forest while being a retard and not taking attention to my surroundings)

Feels bad man. 70 days is my new record, holy shit, i can't stop playing this game is very addicting and good
>>
>>268841
yes, we have us a truly excellent game. i recommend grabbing the pathfinder perk on every brother. it lets you dance forever
>>
File: Flail_two_handed_01.png (13 KB, 70x140)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>2020
>I am STILL an absolute meme
>>
File: lost.png (1.17 MB, 1366x768)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
so close, yet so far away
>>
>>268874
you can't cheese your way through the game anon
>>
>>268874
based
>>
File: lost 1.png (1.08 MB, 1366x768)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>268885
i can and i will!
>>
File: lost 2.png (1.27 MB, 1366x768)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
harvesting the fruit of the desert requires careful calculation. many lose patience in this critical juncture, and hope to get lucky.
>>
>>268901
The gilder does not approve
>>
>>268930
you will be pleased to know that both scimitars are safe.
>>
>>268930
Well, if you look at it from a logical perspective those conscripts were supposed to be clearing out those nomads anyhow.
>>
Map seeds with lots of port cities and villages are top comfy. Fisherbros are the best, fuck farmhands
>>
>>269181
Both fisherbros and farmerchads are pretty good with the right star anon. I had seen both become super chads on my playthrough. Thiefchads are also very high tier.
>>
all the backgrounds are good when you're not fielding 12 brothers
>>
I had a dream last night where the ancient dead formed an honor guard and followed me around.
>>
>>269293
Elaborate
>>
I thought that the fire bomb inflicted a "burn" status on enemies that persisted when they got out of the fire field.

Give me back my crowns aaaaaarghhhh
>>
>>269431
Should have build them for cheaps retard.
>>
So what is a good range attack I should aim at minimum for throwing weapons? Assuming I will be using barbarian throwing weapons.
>>
>>269447
there's no such thing as minimal stat requirements, this is a game where you get stronger incrementally
>>
>>269442
You can craft them?

What animal product do you need? Lindwurm fat? Barbarian chosen hair?
>>
>>269468
Nonsense, an archer can shoot mid decently twice with 80+. You can safely switch from spear to another better weapon around 66(swords)-70(hammer). Or you can safely start using heavier armor realibly with 72 fatigue. Surely there have to be a minimum point where you start seeing results. I am just asking since I am making a duelist cleaver/throwing but I need to put a little bit of health, a little bit of resolve, have decent fatigue, a bit of range def or melee attack depending in which place you put him all while increasing both m and r attack.
>>
>>269479
Nachos horn(teeth) and sulfurite powder from ifrits.
>>
>>265831
I dont think there is a single game i installed and uninstqlled more times without even pkaying it for long.
On paper its everything i ever wished for as a kid from a game.
It has atmosphere.
A serious classic artstyle
Good plot
But ... as soon as combat starts.... heck i can even forgive the fact its turned based, thats the lest of thier problem...
The fucking units.
Thier are like stumps. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea. They look like kinderegg colectibles. Where are thier hands and legs.
Ok i get what they were trying to do they are like these chesspieces in boardgames.
But still they look like shit. Like they ran out of money to draw the rest of the body.
Fuck even raiders a unity shit chibese cnockoff of this game gave thier shitty unanimated dolls full bodies
Even worst you can sse thier weapon that just hovers there. I dont know. Maybe its me. Fuck niggers
>>
>>269490
>imaging being this autistic
>>
>>269482
you have no idea what you're talking about. literally, you do not have a coherent concept of what 'mid decently' means. that's why you used such a vague phrase instead of a precise phrase. how the fuck do you know what is or is not shooting a bow 'mid decently' when you haven't the faintest idea what 'mid decently' is?
>>
>>269485
>ifrits
No thanks, those things scare the shit outta me. I'll wait until I amass some wealth and have some spare bros to recklessly sacrifice
>>
>>269490
Autist
>>
>>269494
When you start hitting more often than missing you stupid retard, that is mid decently. It is not great, it is not bad, it is decent.
>>
it's such a stupid question. plainly, there are no minimal stat requirements, this is objectively not a game mechanic in battle brothers. what your confused little brain was trying to figure out was at what point do throwing weapons 'feel good to use', but when you unpack when a weapon feels good or feels decent or bad or mid decent or whatever the fuck, it's all about accuracy and damage, there's nothing else to it. 80% hit rate feels ~80% reliable, 95% has that characteristic 95% niceness, landing demolish armor with the polehammer or a heavy crossbow headshot is satisfying, etc. it has nothing whatsoever to do with throwing weapons and everything to do with numbers. just read the enemy pages on the wiki, learn the damage formula, memorize weapon numbers, and that's it. what a pointless question
>>
>>269492
>>269499
>people who play with cereal box equivalent of knights call me autist.
Do you paint trains too?
>>
>come across big nomad camp
>they have a shitton of archers
>"alright i'll attack at night then"
>attack at night
>nomad archers still hit a high percentage of their shots

bruh.
>>
>>269501
there you go, so you want throwing weapons to function at 51% accuracy or more. heavy throwing weapons have +15% to hit at range 2, so your bros need 36 ranged skill plus one for every ranged defense the enemy has. wow, it turns out that most bros can satisfy your standards!
>>
>>269509
You think I can't read numbers anon? I am asking because I am during early stage of the game still fighting trash enemies but I am not aiming for raiders. I am aiming for the tier 3 or higher enemies which I have yet to encounter. All I am asking is at what range attack do you recommend blindly for this tier 3 enemies, it does not have to be exact, I know for certain that 95 rattack can hit reliably against anything with heavy axes.
And you are saying that 95% is "nice", you are talking to someone that missed 95% for 3 turns from 3 different brothers while enemies were hitting 5% back to back. I am not asking for exact but somewhere you feel comfortable. Feel, surely there is a number you feel certain to make the switch.
>>
>>269523
See was that so hard, I can aim for 70 for now so I can drop points into resolve and health.
>>
>>269516
that's nothing, you were fighting archers with 'mid decent' accuracy. just wait until you fight goblins at the 'hella decent' range, or even worse a master archer operating at the 'super sick' level.
>>
>>269532
what the fuck do i do against this power
approximately how much RDef should melee bros be aiming for?
>>
>>269533
12 is a good number with anticipation, mid decent around 30s% depending on range most likely 5-7 tiles. I mean sure master archers are dangerous but they come with shit company that will get devoured by your company in mere minutes. A large goblin camp is more dangerous than him + hedge knight + company.
>>
>>269538
>with anticipation
you give anticipation to melee bros?
>>
>>269538
That is without the crossbows, expect to have around 50% with xbow maybe even higher.
>>
>>269539
I was experimenting a while back when they nerf quick hands, it was good but nothing game changing. I went back to default, still use it sometimes because i don't feel like switching from shields to two handed weapons if I get a good brother with high lvl 1 rdef. I do use adrenaline alot with it.
>>
>>269528
i am trying to help you anon, in my own way. you are asking weird questions. a brother with 70 ranged skill will hit things less often than a brother with 80 ranged skill. are you asking at what point does your throwing bro deal enough damage to be worth a spot in your roster? are you asking at what point they deal enough damage to win a dps race in x fight? or at what point does a brother have enough ranged skill potential that they are worth leveling up to 11?

i can tell you that you should aim for 95% hit rate with every weapon because it sure feels more reliable, about 95 on the reliability scale. if you ask me, it's worth sacrificing other stats in order to maximize your attack skill. bros are just weapon platforms at the end of the day, you need them because they have AP. weapon platform, like a tank or a plane. apply weapon, and be hard to break. they also have to carry enough fuel.
>>
>>269533
nothing, there's NOTHING you can do against master archers. NO COUNTER.
>>
>>269550
anon pls don't make fun of me
>>
>>269549
My bro has the potential to have his 95-98 in rattack, but his is lacking in both health(54 trying to aim for atleast 63(hur hur get colossus, i cant) and resolve(38). Information you probably dont need but might as well.
Fatigue is decent(82 with noble armor and sallet), he also rolled 8 on both mdef and rdef with +5 with swift trait. I want at least a 20 on mdef since he will be using a heater shield most likely.
He is doing pretty good if I say so myself, against raiders.
>>
>>269561
Was thinking in having around 84-88 rattack, its good enough. 80% is actually decent.
>>269555
Nets bro.
>>
>>269561
95-98 ranged skill is about as high as they get, he'll make for an excellent damage dealer with duelist, why put the heater on him?
>>
>>269569
Just in case he meets a huge barbarian with a big hammer, he has to take care of the flank after all. Its going to be on his inventory along with maybe a whip depending on the scenario.
>>
>>269575
i see. i also think ranged bros belong on the flanks. why not use footworks instead of shieldwall and treat the perk as a stat booster that lets you drop the shield and skip leveling melee defense?
>>
>>269575
>carrying a whole-ass shield in the pocket of non-tank bros
but why
why would you waste the fatigue on this niche scenario
he doesn't just "meet a huge barbarian" by random chance, if he does it's because you put him in that position
>>
>>269596
I guess I should quit leveling up mdef, he has no stars on it but he keeps rolling +3 every time, currently like 13, he also keeps rolling +3 in fatigue every level. I honestly just don't know what to do with him, I almost regret making him a duelist hybrid.
>>269597
I faced 16+ barbarian chosens so sometimes one does not have a choice but to take the hit for another with rotation. I would prefer to sacrifice a shield for a barbarian attack. I am smarter now so I hope I won't make the same mistakes as before.
>>
>>269597
carrying a shield is good, you don't need to be a tank to find yourself needing to hold off an enemy
>>
>>269612
post your company, let's see what you're doing
>>
>>269625
Later today, I am fucking tired.
>>
>>269612
hybrid duelist are my favorite bros but they really need too much stats
>>
>>269633
Do it now cunt
>>
>>269181
>>269281
Farmers have better Base HP and FAT than Fishermen, Fishbros have better Resolve and slightly higher init

I'd go with farmers any day of the week
>>
>>269597
If the brother has bags its worth it to keep a shield in the inventory for a "oh shit" situation
>>
i checked the numbers, with brawny 300/320 overwhelm gunner can outspeed everything that matters. no need for relentless, armor attachment, iron lungs, fatigue or cat potion. with those things you can outspeed even things that don't matter.
why would you want heavy armor on gunners is a different question, there are very important roleplay reasons for using heavy gunner.
>>
>>270150
what init?
>>
>>270169
>>
The alchemist scammed me again, fucking fire lances are garbage.
>>
>>269942
no dried fish for you
>>
I like how miners with the right stars now have a niche as being a affordable 2h nimble dodge frontliner.
>>
>>270544
Yeah they make good 2h, either dodge nimble or normal bf fat neutral
>>
Why is Faster so buggy? Why has no one made an alternative that doesn't fuck everything up? The dev of faster seems to not give a shit about all the freezing, or the game
>yeah ill get to it if i ever fight a gunner...
>>
>>271066
The dev of faster is the one that decrypted the files and made modding tools and modding script hooks, if it's shitfucked with his mod chances are others wont be better
>>
First time seeing peasants kill something.

How much iniative should you have on your ini bro if you want outspeed most of the enemy rooster?Around 130-140?
>>
I hate
>metagamers
>min-maxers
>Those who don't take risks

That is all
>>
>>271386
Yup, somewhere around 130. Look for the high initiative backgrounds.
>>
>>271386
>>271401
dumbs
initiative doesn't work like that, it depends on what you want to outspeed in which build and for how many rounds. if you just want to overwhelm lindworms and ancient pikemen to protect your shieldbros you don't need 130 initiative. people running full initiative companies will tell you they aim for 170.
>>
>>271466
Im assuming anon will be going for a daggerbro. With that around 130 base initiative + hyena pelt is fine for going faster than any human that isnt a master archer or desert stalker, and the only beast who'll go faster than that too is direwolf and spider
>>
>>271528
where did you learn that anon wants to go for a daggerbro and what does it have to do with your misconception of how initiative works
>>
File: frog leap.webm (2.42 MB, 640x360)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB WEBM
>>271562
Because he said ini bro and most people will go for qatal on those because it is a good weapon that builds up relatively little fatigue and has no equip fatigue which has major impact on effective initiative.
>>
>>271578
i see so the term 'ini bro' has a technical meaning within the battle brothers community which lets you know he wants to use a qatal dagger and perhaps conveys even more information about perk and equipment choice. i was not aware of this particular bit of jargon, it seemed to me that 'ini bro' is a generic nickname for a class of builds that want to invest in the initiative stat, and anon was asking a general question.
>>
how viable is having all nimble and dodge tanks?
>>
>>271657
Its dumb but even dumb builds work
>>
>>271657
Perfectly fine
>>
>>271657
all tanks or all bros?
>>
>>271707
all tanks is what I was thinking but I guess having an entire roster might be interesting too
>>
>>271732
I mean if by all tanks you mean all puncture daggerbros that might work
>>
File: 0GQqvk4[1].png (260 KB, 320x513)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
Is there any reason to use this over a 2h flanged mace?
Also I got a 39-58 damage Oatl or whatever new dagger and I have a spare spot for a new brother. What should I look for in an oatl build?
>>
The game has been out for how many years now, and we're still lacking basic quality of life features
>Faster movement speeds on the strategic map
>Equipment presets that you can save and load
>Get bro naked button/get all bros naked button
>Show what each town event actually does in %'s

I know there's mods for some of these, but I don't know how they haven't implemented these. It feels like it takes a lot of clicks to get stuff done in the inventory management stuff and whatnot.
>>
>>271915
They used to obfuscate modding and give it no support, didn't they?
They're slowly become less retarded.
>>
>>265831
Atrocious flash game
>>
>>271969
I like it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: 7Uamg1s[1].jpg (120 KB, 1002x718)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
H-here I go
>>
File: VhVfTc6[1].png (554 KB, 995x391)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>272004
>>
>>271900
>74%
>every attack is a near guaranteed injury
>heavy armor is nonexistent
>looks cool as fuck and has a badass name
Use it anon its pretty great.
>>
How to best utilize a high damage named qatal?
>>
are delivery contracts ever really worth the time?
>>
>>272229
Use them to make money going somewhere you need to anywhere, don't let them be your main task
>>
File: o7w7ONQ[1].png (56 KB, 182x215)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
Bets on it being vendor trash?
>>
File: w8HfBCO[1].png (134 KB, 325x257)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>272268
Pretty good
>>
What formations would leverage a lot of ranged units effectively? I'm playing on poacher start and slowly building up a decebt number of archer/throwers. I'm having trouble findind suitable polearm users and polearms in general.
>>
>>272422
polearm)(archer)(archer)(bannerman)(archer)(polearm
if you want more archers put the polearms on the side to defend the archers from flanks. Also sword lance/war scythes are fucking great
>>
>>272422
Warscythes/Swordlances are amazing due to spamming reap. Billhooks have been nerfed but are still a very solid choice for pretty much any encounter due to how balanced their stats are.
>>
File: me.jpg (87 KB, 1281x1200)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>269514
yes
>>
>>272063
The 2H Hammer is pretty neat
>>
>>272063
>axe
(13-3)-25% is still not enough for it to be swingable twice forever unlesss you have iron lungs.
>Flail
Rolled on damage so its pretty okay.
>Hammer
Absolute monster of a weapon.
>>
So standing on weiderganger corpses now prevents them from getting back up or raised by a necro?
>>
File: 1605963898445.png (2.67 MB, 1275x1010)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB PNG
Love the first few days of raiders start, everyone everywhere wants to rape you
>>
Correct me if I am wrong
crossbows=sniping
throwing=overwhelm and spamming
bows=shit
>>
File: watdo.jpg (143 KB, 1373x770)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Should I make him into a banner man or just make him a two hander?
>>
>>272610
Extremely wrong
>>
>>272621
He'd make a great bannerman
Id go fearsome with aoe 2h or 1h hammer+shield if he rolls bad on defense
>>
>>272621
Perfect bannerman straight up
>>
>>272610
Crossbows for goblin slaying, armor piercing and repositioning, throwing for big dick damage, bow for necro, engineer sniping and being sad that you picked bow
>>
>>272227
Duelist with dagger mastery. Try spamming Deathblow on the debilitated to fuck them up fast.

>>272229
Finishing up an ambition (friendly/complete x number of contracts) is worth it. Later on try to wack a camp or two on the way for efficency since you are in the area already.

>>272610
>Crossbow
Lower range than bow, very high armor ignore, knocking people around with the spiked impaler.
>Bow
Higher range and higher overall raw damage than crossbow assuming the hits connect.
>Throwing
Drinking soi and having no taste in aesthetics
>>
What's the strategy against lindwurms?
>>
>>272621
>No spearmen on the flanks

Why do you hate your bros?
>>
>>272856
Lindwurms are just dumb lizards, throw some nets and javelin them to death
>>
>>272856
nets and polearms
>>
>Kill 40 web knechts
>get 3 webs
mega gay
>>
>>272882
This is why you play beasthunters
>>
>>272542
DUMB
>>
>>272894
>>
Mercenary company you say?
More like, delivery boy company yeeeeehaw i'm making some sick crowns delivering shit everywhere.
>>
>>272856
ignore the bad advice given by the other two posters, they are shitposting and incapable of hunting many lindwurms. they run away from the lindwurm in real life then talk shit online.

against large groups of lindworms you want to use a few shield tanks to tie them up in groups of 2 to 3 lindwurms per tank, while your damage dealers focus down one lindworm at a time in order to free up your tanks. you want the tail to be at the front and occupied by the tank while the head hides behind the tail, in this way neither are able to hit your backliners from 3 tiles distance, and so you don't require pole mastery to safely damage them. additionally the tail doesn't have head armor to deal with which is a bonus.
abilities like rotation and taunt are useful for spreading lindwurm attention between tanks. bring two shields. lindwurms have some armor but mostly a lot of hp, like the other big monsters. the best weapons to use against lindwurms are warbow followed by whip with mastery, handgonne with overwhelm can be good but requires elevation. without mastery goblin pole arms are better than billhooks after armor is stripped. it is not feasable to use nets as your main strategy for holding off large groups of lindwurms. against the other big monsters you can make do with nets and more offensive 2handers, but lindwurms have too much hp making fights outlast your nets. additionally lindwurms give 800 xp, so you're further incentivized to take your time stacking kililng blows on a single talented recruit with all the xp buffs active. they also have two fucking body segments.
>>
>>272856
Tank blocks one lizard while rest of company focus this one
Add a naked bait bro running in circles with the other lizards chasing him
>>
>>272995
no way this works, you can't get the AI to concentrate all its units on a single bro.
>>
>>273012
They sure love to chase a naked bro around, it's such an easy kill after all
>>
>>273022
shut the fuck up you can't get more than a few enemies to chase a bait bro, i want to see you pull all but 1 lindwurm using a single naked bro.
>>
>>273030
You'd make a great bannerman with that injury
>>
>>273038
full of shit as expected. i hope you're having fun spreading misinformation
>>
>>272995
Does that still work after the BD AI upgrade? Record it
>>
>>273099
did it ever work?
>>
>>273108
Hell, I don't know, maybe? Their AI was fairly scatterbrained before. Besides, it was possible to do this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILddz9a5GTY
>>
>>273115
i already know about that. it's still possible to meme the AI with footworks, i'm asking about using bait bros to pull an unreasonable quantity of enemies - anon's bullshit claim. i believe this is a complete and total lie, as that was one of the very first things i tested when i just started playing the game.
>>
>>272564
No, unless that was in a patch today
Yesterday I was moved by resing niggergangs multiple times
>>
When should you not use a living shield vs when should you use it on dedicated tanks?
>>
>>272564
what
>>
>>272564
It used to protect against the necro rez in particular, but undeads respawning by themselves will just push the bro away
>>
File: file.png (17 KB, 567x413)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>273232
here's the code btw, the !_targetTile.IsEmpty is the relevant part
>>
File: file.png (27 KB, 837x547)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>273235
meanwhile zombies ressurecting on their own cause this, pushing the target away if there's an empty space, otherwise scheduling it for next round
>>
>>273226
very long battles with no destroy shield spamming enemies
>>
>>273244
Why? It has 20 mdef and only 12 fatigue
Unless you have a unique heater what would be better?
>>
>>273281
obviously if it's your best shield you just use it but that's not really what you were asking
>>
>>273285
I'm asking what (buyable or easily lootable/craftable non named) shield would be better
Is there any shield to use instead of it that doesn't rely on RNG stats
I would assume an orc shield would be better against orcs due to durability
>>
>>271915
there's a mod for 4x speed on strategic map
>>
>>273359
Is there a mod for 10x speed on the combat map?
>>
we need to go faster
instant combat
>>
>>273388
This
Next time im playing ill use cheat engine because fuck this game and fuck these devs
>>
>>273402
(for the speedup, of course)
>>
>>271915
Installing mod is
>download .zip
>place in battlebrothers/data/
that's it, unless you need modding script hooks which is in itself a mod that you install the same way
Though get bros naked button is a pretty cool idea, I might make that mod
>>
>>271923
Lol no some community shmuck did all the work of providing modding support, at least they're not actively hindering it by changing their encryption but kind of resigned to it
>>
>>273411
can you make a mod that highlights the tile grid
you know like when you click on a tile for a move command
like that, but always on, for all the tiles

that would be good
>>
>>273419
possibly
But if all the tiles are highlighted then none is highlighted
>>
>>273427
but it makes the tile grid pop out from underneath the map textures and lets you visually gauge distances
>>
>>273427
No, if the grid is highlighted then the grid is highlighted
>>
>>273433
https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/50
maybe this works for you
>>
>>273435
yes! that's exactly what i wanted, thanks anon
>>
>>273434
The transparent filter covers the whole hex
If you put the transparent filter over every tile then you just turned the whole map white but didn't actually add any clarity
>>
File: grid.png (1.13 MB, 1366x768)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
a bit messy but it works. the distance to the enemies is 6
>>
>>273444
It's a bit faint but you could just go into the png and make the lines thicker
>>
>>273411
>Though get bros naked button is a pretty cool idea, I might make that mod
Oh my god please please do it.
>>
>>271915
>>273411
There is a button for always strip down after battle in the options for some reason
>>
>>273501
huh? i see an option to reset equipment to what it was at the start of battle, nothing about stripping.
>>
>>273503
Oh
>>
>>273503
My bros strip after every battle, before they take their shower together
>>
Anything I can do with a 25% CTH head greatsword?
>>
>>273633
you can sell it
>>
>>265831
Anybody here ever actually leveled up ranged defense? Really feels like they should just roll both defense skills into one. (With some penalty against ranged attacks unless you got a shield.)
>>
>>273644
Already using a greatsword on one guy so this is a straight upgrade, I was just wondering if I could take advantage of it somehow
>>
>>273645
I put rdef on archers
>>
>>273648
Headhunter is the obvious answer, with a juggler/killer
>>
>>273652
do not
>>
>>273633
Same with what you do with other swordsman. I usually take crippling strikes and executiner on my great swords, they are also nimbles.
>>
>>273703
Very few things will take more than 3 hits from a greatsword, and it's impossible for those two perks to decrease from 2 to 1 hit
Seems like you would get very little utility from those two perks except against stuff like unholds and lindwurms
>>
>>273737
Its mostly for injuries that decreases melee skills, especially chosen; was experimenting with crippling hammers and loved it(though you gotta sacrifice either colossus and/or rotation for maximum damage) haven't tried crippling swords against them so I really can't tell if they are that good.
>>
It's day 196 on my Lone Wolf game. I've got 3 useful named weapons, two useful named body armor, one helmet, three useless weapons, and two useless shields.
I've beaten the Ljirok and am starting to get tired of the 12 person limit for lone wolf.
Also I have 0 ranged characters which basically precludes me from fighting goblins.
I think I'm going to retire this run and start another.
This is my most successful company ever, so I don't know how big a deal doing lone wolf was. What should I do next? I'm thinking about cultists because the events and traits seem really interesting.
>>
>>273833
peasant militia or manhunters
>>
>>273835
Are the cultist events not fun?
>>
>>273837
it sounds fun but really it just gets tedious and annoying or at least in my opinion it was
>>
File: drip.jpg (192 KB, 1366x769)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
Finally got a famed armor on day 50. Passed up on getting another one worth 5k sadly. Won't make that mistake again.
>>
>>273869
That armor has great stats but holy shit are they ugly.
>>
>>273869
Show us the stats retard
>>
>>273873
Are you a fucking nigger? The armor stats are down below.
>>
>>273875
Doesn't show the fatigue stats dumb fuck
>>
File: undress one.webm (1.66 MB, 1280x720)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB WEBM
>>273496
behold
>>
File: undress all.webm (1.74 MB, 1280x720)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB WEBM
>>273974
and this
It also checks if you have space in stash before undressing
>>
>>273974
>>274051
Amazing.
is it feasible to use a different sprite for those two buttons
>>
>Lindwurm still has 18% chance to hit my guy with 100 MDef
Yeah no fuck fighting those
>>
>>274094
Overwhelm is pretty good isnt it
>>
>>273645
I regularly level them for throwing duelists and the backline get a little bit of it if they get 3 points
>>
>>274095
that's pretty much what it's for, and the ridiculous part is that lindwurms are almost worth it alone
>>
>>274099
why do you do this? justify your course of action by contrasting the benefit vs opportunity cost of leveling ranged defense skill while providing specific use cases as illustrative examples. i do not level ranged defense, if i want this stat on a dedicated arrow bait bro then shield expert kite shield + shieldwall gives me 60 on demand. the only situation where i would see it being useful is if you wanted to make a dedicated lonewolf goblin ambusher hunting fencer, and you needed to drop the shield to reliably kill goblins because the fencing sword is a shit weapon.
>>
>>273633
>>273648
I mean, if you are already locked into it, headhunter now actually benefits from +% to hit head since it means you have a greater chance to get a doubletap.

>>274094
Pussy
>>
>>274088
Yeah as long as it's in the game
>>
>>274133
headhunter is an annoying perk for melee. the way i think about it, it's an advanced version of armor management. simply using a good anti armor weapon to strip down armor followed by a good hp weapon like a duelist, just doing that consistently is not trivially easy and requires coordination from multiple brothers. trying to get head damage on top of it, requires helm management, that's kind of the point of you getting to pick who to spend your headhunter stack attacking, but helm management adds another layer of complexity and requires multiple brothers to make use of so it feels like an all or nothing deal - you want to strip down head armor and then capitalize on it by hitting the head, that requires at least two brothers typically with flail mastery. headhunter makes that synergy more self contained so your own bro can follow up on their head hit, but that takes two turns. what's the point then, if you're taking two turns instead of bursting down the enemy, that's too slow. isn't the point to kill faster? honestly rather get executioner than headhunter despite the latter being a more premium tier 6 damage perk. ranged weapons are the exception of course.
>>
>>274088
https://gofile.io/d/tesXyb
test it out for me
needs modding script hooks
>>
>>272422
when it comes to leveraging ranged units (i consider polearms to be ranged units), you want to use formations that are dangerous for the AI to attack frontally, and encourage flanking. then as the enemies try to encircle your front, because flanking takes extra AP due to the roundabout journey the enemy has to make in order to reach your backline, you gain 'free' AP with which to attack. creating a threatening formation that discourages frontal assault is complicated topic, if you wish i'll elaborate but for purposes of learning tactics it is easiest to see it work when you occupy high ground. the enemy will not want to engage your elevated melee bros (within reason, they can't be too exposed). the ideal terrain to pull off this type of tactic is when plains meet mountains. if you are able to climb on a small hill that looks like: 3x3 area of elevation 3 tiles in the center, surrounded by a 1 thick strip of elevation 2 tiles, surrounded by a strip of elevation 1 tiles, surrounded by flat plains. you can then slowly retreat up the mountain while taking shots at the flanking enemies, while repositioning your melee bros to always be hard to assault. in such situations you can force the AI to walk around the elevated area, constantly seeking better positions.

it's important to get an intuitive feeling for how this tactic works, because it's going to change depending on the terrain, there's no one way of doing it, and trying to stick to a strict formula will only result in frustration. you must conceptualize kiting as being essentially the same as playing the tree game. are you aware of tree game? when you play chase, two players, one tree. you use the tree to run away from your pursuant, running in circles. tree game. now imagine the tree has zone of control, and is your ally. your front line bros are the tree, your back line ranged units are playing catch with the flanking enemy. once you understand the tree game principle, your mind becomes tactical.
>>
>>274156
I can see what you mean, without something capable of punching through armor hard enough to warrant a kill like a 2hhammer or 2hflanged, or something that gets even more value out of headshots like 1haxes it can get a bit tricky.
>>
For me, its
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSpvByatWes
>>
*ahem*
Pathfinder, Quick Hands and Bags and Belts on EVERY brother
>>
>>274296
pathfinder alone is non negotiable. bags and belts and quick hands on every brother is truly brainless 'just use nets bro' meme tier.
>>
>>274296
>bags
y tho
>>
>>274302
chill, you've been pissed the entire thread
>>
>>274255
Based, they added only two new tracks with WotN, and both are better than the rest of ost combined
>>
How do I build Indebted as Manhunters?
>>
Just burned 5000gold to pick this guy up and give him some armor, how should I build his perk points? I'll aim at making him nimble (current armour is -8 FAT), but the choice is between two handers or going full duelist.
>>
File: 20201122205434_1.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>274554
my dumb ass forgot the pic.
>>
Are all named knights champions?
>>
>>274634
It's only a champion if it has the champion modifier
It will show up as named on the pre-battle screen if it's a champion
If when you hover over him in battle he doesn't have a champion tag he isn't a champion
>>
>>274555
https://tumult.cc/bb-calc.html?1-8&1-6&1-3&1-2&2-1&4-7&3-3&6-3&5-4&2-8
;^)
>>
>>274555
Don't go fencing sword on a low initiative background.

>>274718
Does a puncture spammer swordmaster actually work? You do benefit from the absurdly huge mattak but shouldn't the fatigue be an issue? Asking because ive never built one from a swordmaster.
>>
File: 20201123011631_1.jpg (488 KB, 1920x1080)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
>tfw thought this weapon would wreck shit nonstop but it just causes fatigue problems out the ass.
Is this gods punishment for me not having a prepared 2hander ready with both cleave mastery and recover?
all my cleave masters are shield bros.
>>
>>274781
What's this EHP trait? Is it just a modded trait that calculates effective hp from nimble and BF and shit?
>>
File: 20201123014118_1.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1080)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>>274791
bingo
>>
>>274800
Does it consider m/rdef
Does it always consider indom
>>
>>274800
That's got to be a very loose estimation considering how intricate armor and damage calc mechanics can get.
>>
>>274807
>>274804
"This mod makes use of current health, current helmet and body armor durabilty, Steel Brow, Nimble, Battle Forged and active Indomitable to calculate Effective Hit Points. Shows both EHP and "basic EHP" (meaning no damage reductions) for easy comparison. Average EHP assumes 25% of attacks hit the head and 75% hit the body."
https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/286
>>
Post your mods
Judge others
>>
File: qCky8FY[1].png (8 KB, 258x244)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>274817
>>
>>274763
it works
sadly
>>
>>274817
i use hex grid, armor indicator, and faster
>>
>>274555
>duelist on a swordmaster
Just dont bother unless you like recovering every other turn
>>
If this had zoom and some minor changes to map movement controls and vanilla autopause it would play fine on android
>>
Take away kraken parts from the potion of oblivion and have a new potion with kraken parts that gives you a gifted level up
This would make the game more interesting and have more people hunt monsters
>>
>>274879
for what purpose do you come up with such strange notions
>>
>>274883
Make game more funner
>>
Thinking of grabbing this mods just because I like recruiting bros.
https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/41

Then again as it increases enemy scaling for balance it feels like the only effective change will be that my inventory will feel more cramped with all the need for tools (in my game these fucks always run out) and food.
>>
>>274850
update on swordmaster:
Ended up making him polearm man, he was to squisy and not enough FAT to put in proper frontline combat. Maybe things will change when he gets nimble. Currently using a swordlance.
>>
>>275351
That's what I would have suggested but it looked like you already lvled mdef
>>
>>275354
>turning a swordmaster into a dedicated polearm bro, a position that can be filled in by nearly anyone in the game that isnt a peddler
>when they literally have the highest starting mattak and mdef in the game
What
>>
>>275363
Why would you not want your polearm to have the highest matk you can get
>>
File: weps.jpg (136 KB, 929x327)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
I can afford only one, or maybe a 200/8 armor if I sell some shit, which one though?
>>
>>275379
200/8 is BIS, I'd get that one
>>
>>275382
It was actually 200/10, but I'll take it.
>>
>>275379
Swordlance
>>
File: 20201123014233_1.jpg (369 KB, 1920x1080)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
;_;
>>
File: turbofucked.webm (1.11 MB, 1280x720)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB WEBM
I modded too hard and now my game is perpetually broken
This stays after a new campaign, after file validation, after a complete reinstall
>>
File: 1606136296321.png (75 KB, 680x584)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>275482
Right in the feels
>>
>>275494
Ive had this happen once and i use no mods. Just restarting fixed it but fuck me if i know what caused the issue.
>>
>>275502
Thanks, that's actually good to know
>>
So, a question to those in the know, how does the game exactly determine who gets what contract?
I'm still bothered by this one being so rare, it might have far reaching determental consequences on the nobles
>greenskins everywhere
>game for some reason can't assign this contract onto villages and towns so they clear it themselves
>there's always like 5 ork or gobbo jobs that get pended to the noble houses
Result is that during some crisises you'll still get told to go beat up a ruined hovel with 14 goblins for 3k, especially during the greenskin one where more of their camps start to spawn. So you're less likely to get crisis contracts.
>>
>>275519
It's pretty hard to trace but
Every faction has a set of actions it can do, this includes generating contracts and things like sending patrols
If the conditions for the action are met, it'll get a score of 1 if it's a contract, bigger if it's an action. Then, the faction manager randoms one of the actions from the pool of valid actions for that faction (it does a weird reverse random where it rolls a number, then checks for each thing in the deck of actions if its score is below that action, if not it reduces the rolled number by the score. Guess it's to weight actions more heavily)
The contract in your pic can only be gotten by villages, you need a reputation above 900, it needs 2+ not-broken attached locations, and it needs either a gobbo or an orc camp within 25 units of the town
>>
>>275363
A bad 5% will fucking kill him. I killed swordmasters before on higher elevation with a head shot from a greatsword, straight decap. Then you have to deal with old age and its downhill from there. RNG will fuck you over the longer you play, also sword lance are great.
>>
>>275604
'a bad 5%' should not kill him, nimble has greater oneshot protection that battle forged
>>
>>276026
If you have hp, and swordmaster has terrible hp
>>
>>276039
yes but that particular swordmaster had decent hp for a pre aged swordmaster, i wouldn't give up on him. evasion is really strong and wanted on the front line.
>>
File: Fire_pot_01_70x70.png (7 KB, 70x70)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
Fire pots?
>>
>>276238
you may
>>
File: wendel.png (332 KB, 345x753)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
a pleasing wildman
>>
>>276361
Oh yeah that's the stuff
>>
File: 20201123232810_1.jpg (524 KB, 1920x1080)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my nose… and my smell… even my nostrils. The body I’ve lost… the comrades I’ve lost… won’t stop hurting… It’s like they’re all still there. You smell it, too, don’t you?
>>
File: csJKO1H[1].png (96 KB, 335x188)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
How's this look for day 19 expert/expert cultists?
All except the archer are level 4.
Half are cultists, hoping I get a conversion event before a sacrifice. I have about 2k crowns so I'm going to hang around a tavern for a while in case I need to get everyone drunk.
>>
>>276468
>13/18
>>
File: Gigadump.jpg (31 KB, 720x575)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>276468
>13/18
>>
File: transparent think.png (27 KB, 512x512)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>276522
>>276532
13/50
>>
>>276471
too slow
you need to be doing camps before day 10
>>
>>276539
I've done a zombie camp and a bandit camp, both with famed item chance
>>
>>276549
that's good. get 12 bros
>>
I can't tell if steel brow or resilient is better for my nimble shied bros
I like brow just because of the additional fashion choices desu
>>
>>265831
Okey just started playing this tging
How do i gdt more action points per turn
I wanna smash the enemy twise with my hammer
>>
>>276789
A perk in the second to last tier gives you 4 AP the first time you get a kill each turn.
>>
>>276789
the berserk perk refunds 4 AP when you kill something once per turn. also viper.
>>
File: hexdirectionschinese.png (6 KB, 457x450)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
consider wuwardness
>>
File: bb grid.png (1.81 MB, 3256x2068)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
>>
File: 20121922132322.jpg (48 KB, 679x393)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>276045
50 is one shot material anon, expect to lose the 10k man if he gets bonk on the head by a 2 handed weapon or an orc cleaver.
t.the little hero that though he could dab on my lone wolf avatar that got decap on a single hit from my great sword
>>
>>276982
nonsense, swordmasters wear no hat. anything in the game gets decapitated without a hat, even 120hp nimble
>>
>>276984
>swordmasters wear no hat
I though as much, couldn't remember it since it happen like a month ago. I mean missing 30-40 health after a head shot is still enough to live him crippled and if you are unlucky bleeding depending on the weapon. Cleavers will be his worse nightmares, second only to maces which are just as bad. If you put him on the frontline, he WILL get hit and by that time you will be fighting tier 3 enemies with nasty weapons. It is not worth having your 10k glassman on the front line. Polearms are also pretty solid 2 handed weapons, and shouldn't be underestimated; they are very versatile. It is a good choice for low HP brothers like a swordmasters and also very safe.
>>
>>277017
i went back to check the pic and realized that i was confused, the swordmaster isn't level 1, just didn't select perks. yeah that's back line pole-arm material. i still believe that talented swordmasters can gain sufficient oneshot protection to be used in the front line, but not that one.
>>
Make peasant militia.
Give all crossbow
Give all shield and axe or mace.
Kill enemy.
Simple as.
>>
>>272063

Nice fuckin hammer.
>>
>>272610

Bows are generally the best because of +1 range. Crossbows are accurate and do high armor damage but ultimately don't compare well to bows. Throwing weapons do the most damage by quite a bit, like as strong as Duelist weapons, but are very limited in range.

If you don't like bows fine, but they are not shit.
>>
>>277062
there has been some rather silly anti bow propaganda spread in this thread, even going as far as saying they're bad against goblins
>>
>>277063
>bad against goblins
At least they should have said they are bad against skeletons, negrosavants, or chosen.
>>
>>277062
>>272610

I also forgot, Throwing Axes are actually 100% effective against ancient undead, which bows are famously shit at.

Personally I prefer bows overall, but Throwing Weapons are legit a strong lategame option too, and are actually better early on because of the accuracy.
>>
>>274165
>>274051
>>273974
Based. Will try it out soon, hopefully you're still here in the thread when I report back.
>>
>>274106
>lindwurms are almost worth it alone
What do they give that's so good? I thought they were risky fights that weren't worth the rewards?

Also are Schrats also subject to that "never fight them late game" old rule?
>>
>>277110
xp
loads and loads of xp

i fear the schrat, but your goal should be to fight everything
>>
>>277114
Experience loses a lot of value after 11 when you need more for less
>>
>>277120
you're supposed to be constantly training new and more talented recruits to replace less talented ones. this is an enormous hassle and i'm displeased by it. hunting big monsters and in particular lindwurms with training buff and iq potions greatly solves that hassle. therefore having lindwurm hunting capability online is of high utility, and worth making changes to the company to obtain. he who hunts monsters becomes as strong as a monster, and if you grind the brigands for too long, the brigands grind away at your patience. or something along those lines.
>>
>>277109
I am always here
>>
>>277139
Getting good rolls on good backgrounds is by far the limiting factor over experience
>>
>>277145
you only think that because the hassle of leveling makes you unwilling to replace a level 11 bro unless it's an exceptional recruit. had leveling been faster, you would have still said the same thing.
>>
>>277173
No I have a spreadsheet that lets me imput recruit values and outputs average level 11 stats
Good recruits are rare and generally speaking I don't replace even decent recruits often, just slowly get more core members replacing meat shields and replace losses
>>
>>277188
what does your spreadsheet have to do with anything i said? perhaps i wasn't clear enough. when you wrote "Getting good rolls on good backgrounds is by far the limiting factor over experience", what you actually meant by "Getting good rolls on good backgrounds" is "getting a recruit worth leveling to 11". i responded by saying that your willingness to level up a recruit is itself a function of XP values, making that a trivially true statement.

to begin with, this is irrelevant to the topic of lindwurm value, since it remains the case that a high source of XP greatly helps to alleviate the hassle of leveling up a new recruit. the rarity of talented recruits does not contradict it. furthermore, by the time you've progressed to the point where only famed items and elite recruits can improve your company, veteran levels become a non trivial source of power, making XP go up, not down, in relative value.
>>
Are Shamshirs and Scimmys any good? just got around to trying out the blazing deserts dlc and I like the look but I cant really tell
>>
File: 1541009077224.jpg (42 KB, 766x720)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>dog goes after zombie 8 tiles behind him instead of the injured necromancer 2 tiles in front
adsadasd
>>
>>274817
All it will come down to is if you use tryout or not. If yes, don't talk about what a good brother is.
>>
>>275604
>>276982
>>277017
>I oneshot an ai swordmaster so swordmaster literally unusable
The player will
A) wear a helmet instead of a 20 durability headband
B) not wear footmans armor with a 24 fatigue penalty
C) push hp to at least 80-90
>also sword lance are great
Reap spam is excellent, but it becomes better in larger volumes similar to the handgonne. This is why a swordlance blade dancer often causes less impact than a shamshir one when fought and why the backline conscripts feel more dangerous, because multiple polearm masters can stack reaps onto a few particularly unlucky people on the frontline. This is also why the QH bow/crossbow polearm hybrid has soared in popularity since BD released, you don't even need extremely high mattak to make it work.
>Polearms are also pretty solid 2 handed weapons, and shouldn't be underestimated; they are very versatile
They are.
>It is a good choice for low HP brothers like a swordmasters and also very safe
Do as you like, but id rather try to push a good expensive recruit to his limits instead of it being safe. What's the point of hiring him, then.
>>
File: panda.jpg (36 KB, 540x452)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>277274
Cutting injuries are really strong now but otherwise it suffers from the same problems as the regular 1hsword. However, named shamshirs, like all 1h sword, can actually become incredibly beastly if they roll on damage and have the somewhat unique thing where reduction to fatigue use enables them to be swung twice under the 15 fat per turn recovered threshold with mastery if its just -1. Then you have a duelist that does not actually need much fatigue at all.
Two handed saif/scimitar are 2h cleavers and are functionaly identical to the 1h ones, but generally have better stats to compensate for the lack of duelist+double grip (only orc cleaver can compete) and can benefit from Reach advantage instead. They're actually less fatigue intensive than an orc cleaver and can always decapitate post mastery, but the answer of "who is better" depends on if you find any good named ones. Its worth noting that you have a guaranteed rusted warblade up north with the mad barbarian.
>>
>>266222
My only problem with Urtuk is the dev's insistence on locking your party to 6 units in battle while letting enemy groups go up to 18 or more
>>
>>268864
Would unironically be better if it had the 1 handed flail moveset
>>
>attack nomad city at night
>their archers still have 30% chance to hit on my backline
God I hate these fucking bastards
>>
>>277558
Not saying they are unusable anon, just be careful with low HP brothers.
Hell, I had a 4k swordmaster running polemace and a flanged mace with crippling strikes/quick hands with 66HP(That is 3-4 lvl of 3+ with 41 health swordmaster to get to to 53 + 13 from colossus) but I had to neglect mdef or attack for his health because I could not afford to neglect fatigue(he kept rolling 3s). I his stars where 2mattack, 3mdef, 2rdef. Can't remember his fatigue but I wasn't impressed and his mdef was still pretty high.
Also, I may have been talking alot of shit to the enemy swordmaster I beheaded but I honestly was pretty spook when he got the high ground. If I had missed and he would have hit then it may have ended my run right there.
>>
>>277784
>I could not afford to neglect fatigue
Why not go fat neutral bf? Best use for these high attack/mdef but trash hp backgrounds
>>
>>277822
I was going for that but I am just a sucker for berserk.
>>
>>278010
Anon why do you have to bring your /pol/-tier shit here
>>
>>278010
Kill more and do faction assignments related to the war
You win nothing except the place no longer being shat up
>>
>>277640
It causes problems when trying to play pure Forsaken since their power depends so much on abusing their wrath and free light foot, but it feels like the intended way to play is to have a mixed party and constantly pick up new people as you go along, only using the earlier zone troops if they've become really overpowered. Since the level of recruits is scaled to yours everyone is instantly useful.
All that said, fuck beasts and fuck every mission that has you fighting elite marshbeasts or fleshbeasts.
>reflexive skin
>necroskin
>double hit with full lifedrain on maxed focus
>beast preservation
Vampires and werebeasts feel much more managable even though they are supposed to be harder.
>>
>>277641
It would. Think they'll buff them somehow soon.

>>277784
Oh, yeah. Brothers should be built depending on circumstance. I misunderstood because weird notions of what is durable and what isn't are somewhat common itt.
>>
>>278046
Yeah they've been saying on the forums that they are thinking about letting people use more units. I hope it's not a Battle Bros situation where the dev is too stubborn to do something sensible like allow larger player parties.
>>
>>278010
>>278018
>>278065
Dont fucking start it
>>
File: UwPYWh0[1].jpg (133 KB, 1146x804)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Day 35
>>
File: LGTRP4X[1].png (696 KB, 815x732)
696 KB
696 KB PNG
And FINALLY at day 39
>>
>>278152
>Wernhard sacrifice
>Ortwin shit
So, who was chosen?
>>
>>276966
>>276976
What is the point of this
>>
>>278180
sacrifice
>>
File: Spoiler Image (39 KB, 425x234)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Guess who?
>>
>>278234
>single handedly killed battle forge for me
I became the become a full nimble company from there on.
>>
File: H5frE9F[1].png (22 KB, 1479x264)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
Should I make the two highlighted into 2h swordsmen? I have two longswords from raiders (did raiders always get longswords?)
>>
>>278309
mattack is a bit low for hammer i think, yea sure swords are good.
>>
I have the crowns, should i recruit an assassin as a heavy armored unit slayer?
>>
>>278363
Just be aware he could be shit
>>
>>278309
Ever since longswords were added by either B&E or WotN.

>>278363
>heavy armored unit slayer
You mean puncture spammer? That build doesn't really gell well with assassins on paper though i guess you could do it.
A dedicated puncture spammer bro needs two things very badly, fatigue and melee attack. More the latter than the former since he is making attacks at a huge -15 penalty when going for armored targets, anything that isn't an ork warrior or warlord can be a pain in the ass to actually land a hit on. He doesn't even need melee defence as badly as other frontliners since he can grab a heater and use the perk point from duelist which he doesn't need to drop it into shield expert to patch that up whilst losing none of his damage (puncture doesn't gain anything from double grip).
The assassin, meanwhile comes with
>slight penalties to hp and fatigue
>good mattak and mdef rolls, best roll for starting initiative
>cannot get stars in hp or fatigue, which can be good or bad depending on your perspective since increases the chances that the stars he will get are gonna be in mattak or mdef
>chance to come with incredibly good, nearly named tier armor for anyone running Nimble
So you probably want to capitalize on his initiative by going dodge->relentless. As for weapons the obvious ones are any 6ap twohander since those aren't gonna cause issues with his slightly (but not badly) penalized fatigue, or a Qatal duelist. Deathblow does cost 8 fatigue post mastery, and you can attack with it 3 times per turn so more fatigue will be built up, but one thing that's often overlooked is equip penalty. Daggers don't have any and so his FAT pool (and alreay hefty initiative) is in effect larger than if he was going for duelist and using something that'd shit it up. Remember that you are in effect stun immune with relentless if you act before the opponent and always just wait instead of ending turn and go clear those tent cities.
>>
>>278294
aren't arrows bad against armor?
i haven't had to fight big goblin gangs so i'm possibly very naive
>>
>>278464
Goblin bows have decent armor pen for bows
But ironically goblin archers are more dangerous when they use their daggers on your 80 hp tin can bros
>>
>>278407
Thank you for your knowledge.
>>
>>278475
I wasn't aware that daggers bypassed armor until my companion best bruh got two shotted by a damn goblin
>>
After the drillmaster what should I get for retinues?
Cultists btw
>>
>>278646
scout
>>
>>278552
>>278475
so how do you fight goblins safely? (or at least as safely as you can)
>>
>>278646
Cook
Specially since you already want to be making your cultists nimble
>>
>>278666
I haven't got any to level 7 yet, I'll get that third
>>
>>278664
Fighting them at night with kite shields and spears is my go to plan. Bring some nets for their pike users and you're set.
>>
>>278407
>So you probably want to capitalize on his initiative by going dodge->relentless.
relentless is shit
>>
I just got 230/230 forgotten hero gear, what kind of dude can use this early on?
I don't have any BF dudes yet. Or brawny.
Just sell it?
>>
>>278799
No, keep it, even if you just put it on a random tank that stands around eating fire for other people. Hire some farmhands for high fat
>>
>>278802
Yeah but that shit's expensive to upkeep
>>
>>278805
If the armor didn't take the hits, peoples flesh would, which is also expensive in terms of battle capability lost through wounds and dead guys
>>
File: 20160927233830_1.jpg (483 KB, 1920x1080)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
>>278664
you out goblin them in their own game
>>
How the hell does relationship gain with factions work? I just reached near allied status with a house in the noble war, took 1 contract from a different house they did not seem to be at war with against the 3rd house they were. Now the allied house offered a fame weapon for switching sides to them, and instead of gaining relationship I plummeted back down to neutral with them.
Are all 3 at war with each other? Because I never got a single contract to fight anything but the 3rd house.
Ok famed weapon at least.
>>
>>278839
This is part of whats called when you betray your employer:
>local a = this.World.FactionManager.getFaction(this.Flags.get("RivalHouseID")); [this is not the house you're fighting against, but the third house aka your previous allies] >a.addPlayerRelationEx(50.0 - >a.getPlayerRelation(), "Changed sides in the war");
I think this is responsive, if your relation was above 50 it'll add negative relation. Seems like an oversight
>>
>>278864

>local a = this.World.FactionManager.getFaction(this.Flags.get("RivalHouseID")); [this is not the house you're fighting against, but the third house aka your previous allies]

>a.addPlayerRelationEx(50.0 - a.getPlayerRelation(), "Changed sides in the war");

corrected formatting
>>
File: 20201125132349_1.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1080)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
Fucking nomads I swear to god.
>>
>>278864
Though I guess it makes sense, you are a mercenary company that broke their contract so you're now a dubious character in their eyes
>>
>>278878
A mercenary is always dubious, given that they fight for coin not honor or country. It's not strange that the betrayed employer should be upset. What is strange, is that the house that was originally on friendly terms with the mercenary would have their opinion of them lowered because they took a contract against their enemy from a different house than they.
>>
>>278893
nobody likes a traitor
>>
Which is better a crippling executiner bannerman? or a crippling fearsome bannerman? or maybe a adrenaline fearsome bannerman. Has like 90 mattack and 120 resolve. Good health and fatigue too.
>>
>tfw that trash fodder farmhand you bought to fill out your roster gets the one +4 MA event you ever got
>>
>>278952
I usually give my bannerman fearsome and a swordlance, or sometime greatsword if he has mdef talent
>>
>>278664
If they don't have a shaman you can whack a camp with trash bros by attacking at night.
>>
>>278784
I can use wait whilst still always coming out on top initiative wise the next turn.
>>
>>278817
How the hell is that goblin still confident?
>>
File: 1469423708017.png (66 KB, 382x395)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
I want to start playing this again but know I'll spend all day re rolling for the perfect map and savescumming
>>
>>279008
Because he saw their max hp
>>
>>279013
play on beginner/veteran with mods
>>
>>279008
whipped by overlord
also he is cheeky bastard
>>
File: 1605139019434.jpg (26 KB, 330x319)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>279015
>>
>>278986
in cases like that relentless is not shit
>>
>>278817
the heck is "yes sir!"
looks like the relentless icon but i swear i never saw it before
>>
At what point should I start hiring retinue? At the stage I currently am seems like I should save for replacement bros and armor instead.
>>
File: 1541875902298.png (184 KB, 359x359)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
AAH YOU DRUNKEN BASTARD I DON'T CARE ABOUT SOME OLD STINKING SHIELD I HAVE FIVE ALREADY WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS AND ARMOR
>>
>>279035
Scout pays for itself very quickly
>>
File: spin.gif (208 KB, 112x112)
208 KB
208 KB GIF
>>279013
>I'll spend all day re rolling for the perfect map
Just use this
https://wlirareddit.github.io/bb_calculator/seed_search.html

>>279035
Depends on the situation and origin. The earlier you hire the scout, the better.
>>
>>279046
>>279041
Ok, of I go to fight beasts then.
>>
>>279035
after buying 12 brothers and before everything else. i get the scout or cartographer first then cook and lookout
>>
>>279046
>Depends on the situation and origin.
don't be dumb, retinues aren't balanced in the slightest. you get the good ones and the only 'situational' consideration is how bad/slow you are
>>
>>279056
what you dont want to burn 3500 dosh to get some academic mapfucking ponce that will pay you back after you find a dozen new locations? That is more useful than boosted movement, repair or healing speed? or "no death without any permanent injuries first" insurance?
say it aint so.
>>
>>279056
Okay then, what is your take on Manhunters going for Drill Sarge first or second
>>
>>279060
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>279056
Maybe there's arguments to be made for alchemist as beasthunters and trader as traders or on a really good trade map early on, of course after scout
Also, since renown got buffed a lot, maybe minstrel is actually good
>>
>>279065
Trader is pretty good early if you're mostly in the south, but negotiator better when you have more renown
>>
I just got my first discount handgonne from an event. Judging by description I should give it to someone on the front line, correct? Or does it obey the same rules as all other marksmanship?
>>
>>279063
barely played any manhunters but i don't see why the origin would make drill guy worth it over the better ones. all the retinues offer some neat bonus that translates to gold/xp in some way or another, it's just a question of who's better since retinue slots are limited and everything's a tradeoff. and the retinues that speed up the rate at which you find and fight enemies are far above the rest. the primary method of gaining resources in this game is through fighting, xp, items, morale, renown, fighting gives you everything. the scout cook lookout holy trinity is too strong. maybe a super skilled player could drop the cook but i barely get hit and still need it to reduce downtime
>>
>>279065
>Maybe there's arguments to be made for alchemist as beasthunters
Yes there is, snake oil can be crafted from like 20 recipes using a bunch of combinations of more common monster parts. Each time you craft it you also roll a 25% chance not to use up any ingredients. Oil costs 50 gold to make, but sells for 650 regardless of where you decide to drop it, so it ignores the 10% price malus.
It's pretty fun to be able to play the beast hunters as actual beast hunters who are happy to go and take those small hunt contracts from the nobles since those 3-4 roaming direwolf groups that get spawned are also walking profit for them. I recommend you try it.
>>
>>279103
Oh yeah I did that in my first deserts run, got some good value out of it. Getting a few thousand bucks after effortlessly slaying spider fuckin shits sure is nice
>>
>>279065
alchemist on beasthunters is still alchemist and trader on traders is still trader, i don't think it's worth it. it's always a problem of which retinue you're replacing to get it, they're all neat when viewed in a vacuum, but that's a brainless way of thinking about a decision, this is how salespeople try to get you to think. don't listen to meme advice, i may be a contrarian but i don't give misinformation. just run scout cook lookout surgeon bounty hunter if you want a cookie cutter combo. surgeon is first on the cutting block if you want to switch it up and take alchememe
>>
>>279152
It's about expected value. We don't value scout so highly because we wanna go fast, but because going fast saves you money.
Alchemist increases greatly on beasthunters because of the obvious mats spawn synergy. If you get it early, hunting beasts actually becomes a worthwhile alternative to regular human quests, because you'll make loads of money and will be able to just buy gear. You also double dip in valuables, and other craftables for trinkets, armor attachments and such, and this matters because alchemist encourages to do more beast fights than you otherwise would. You don't have to keep it, you can switch to lookout or Bounty later on when you spend more time busting camps.
>>
File: event-horizon.jpg (97 KB, 1200x680)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>265831
Anybody ever had the random event where the caravan hand upgrades your inventory space. I traged a level 10 fucker with me since day one till 200
Nothing
>>
>>279152
>no blacksmith
Also I never get lookout when Im not exploring deep wilds
>>
>>279199
i don't value scout because it saves me the salary money(which is a pitiful expense anyway), but because i want to go fast and fight things before they scale and before my morale decays back to 'content'. if anything it makes me money. lookout does the same by letting me find clues to roaming enemies which are themselves clues to find the camp that spawned them, it lets you leverage your extra movement speed by giving you bonus targets to hunt which are better/closer than walking to a settlement with new contracts. cook saves me from having to rest between all the extra fights i'm having. that's the synergy. constant fighting is already the best way to play the game and retinues that let you take better advantage of that profit vector are better than retinues that invent/bolster other ways of gaining resources, because making money through fighting scales with player skill (and luck) in a way that retinues like trader or alchemist don't. scout and lookout also let you run away from scary things popping out of forest which is needed if/because the auto pause mod is forbidden cheatpower so that's conditional value. i'm frankly very unimpressed with alchemist and think it's one of the worst retinues so i really don't see why you're so excited about snake oil. i'll try hiring a few more alchemists on account of your recommendation as maybe i've just had bad luck with it, but i take virtually every quest that spawns extra things to kill anyway so i can't attribute that value to the alchemist.
>>
>>279221
Alchemist is worth hiring when you're going to mass craft potions/attachments, then he's fired
>>
File: 1606158162987.jpg (401 KB, 1197x2048)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>279064
I think the cartographer SUCKS
>>
>>279216
blacksmith is one of the better retinues and i don't view it as alchemist/trader tier but as always it's a question of limited retinue slots, and we're mainly talking about the first 3 slots since by the time we're talking about what to do with the 4th and 5th retinue slots you have so much money you can just hire and fire on the fly and it becomes less of a consideration (of course we all know bounty hunter and recruit are most wanted at that stage). you can overcome repair speed by switching armors unlike hp healing so that's why blacksmith is not worth it to me, and i frankly enjoy losing famed items and don't want to lose that part of the game experience, same with surgeon, there's something exciting about losing bros in epic battles. scout and lookout are 100% irreplacable to me, #1 and #2 retinues, i can't live without them, they shouldn't even exist in the game if we're being honest. lookout is useful at all times, even when you're just crossing the road, you have to consider that your sight vision is your limited bubble of information, everything you ever interact with to gain resources has to be visible. the amount of opportunities you miss without lookout is hard to quantify but it changes how the game feels i can tell you that much.

>>279222
you're right
>>
>>279221
I implicitly included all things money in there because I didn't want to assume that you'd assume that I'm braindead, of course it's about more than just saving salary
>>
>>279235
your statement is agreeable, why are you so angry. those who speak correctly should be concietful, not upset, it's very important.
>>
>>279213
I don't think that exists since blazing deserts
>>
>>279251
>introduction of dlc removes content from base game
Excuse moi?
>>
>>279248
forgive me for improperly assuming that you didn't assume that i'd assume that you're implying that scout is valued because of all things money. the way you framed the situation as 'going fast' vs 'saving money' seems strange when i assume that you're assuming that i assume that we both assume that the way that scout makes you extra money, is by making you go fast. after all, 'going fast' is not the reason we value scout, according to the second line in your post, or so it seemed to me. i initially thought you had strange ideas on why the scout was good, because back when the dlc was just released none of us truly realized how powerful the scout would end up being, and the initial theorycrafting was that the scout mainly saved you money on food and salary, as you would spend less time on the road between missions. it also doesn't help that many posts in this thread suggest that the true powerlevels of the various retinues are poorly understood. upon reflecting on your post, it should have been obvious that you understood how the scout is helpful. yes, in context of the first sentence "It's about expected value.", you were clearly saying that the reason that the scout is valued is because of the practical benefits it brings, and not for the emotional satisfaction of going fast. perhaps the reason i made that mistake is because i was subconsciously looking for an excuse to elaborate on why scout is good. this made me inclined to interpret your post in a way that i wanted it to be. this is inappropriate.
>>
>>279251
>>279263
>if (!this.World.Ambitions.getAmbition("ambition.cart").isDone() && this.World.Retinue.getInventoryUpgrades() == 0)
{
return;
}

So this fails if you don't have the cart ambition done and don't have the first retinue inventory upgrade. Thing is, if you have blazing deserts you can't get the cart ambition, and if you don't have it you can't get the retinue upgrade. I'll look some more, but I think this breaks it
>>
>>279265
Yes, I was saying 'going fast' in the way sanic goes fast, because fast fun, not because of any advantages it brings. Likewise, 'save money' reflected those advantages. I was being lazy, but still, certainly I don't have to spell everything out every time, I don't have to explain to you why scout is good because I know that you know why scout is good
I used alchemist in one Beasthunter run. It certainly seemed good, he paid for himself a few times over, but I should have kept a count of how many snake oils I actually crafted, preferably an autistic spreadsheet detailing the value gained over just selling the components and the amount of cash gained when the 25% triggered
>>
File: file.png (9 KB, 517x259)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>279266
Yeah I think that's the case
it should be pic related
>>
File: 20201125193634_1.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
A bit excessive for 6 Nomad Outlaws, no?
Too bad I lost most of my good men a few days earlier and probably going down the doom spiral soon anyway.
>>
>>279287
Show us the stats you fiend
>>
>>279278
Thanks i sacreficed the caravan hand to darkvool
>>
>>279287
what was the distance to nearest settlement
>>
File: 20201125194100_1.jpg (402 KB, 1920x1080)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>279288
Sheild seems to be just a regular Sipar with 91 durability though - I don't see what good could it be, I'll probably sell it when offered a decent price.
>>
>>279297
never forget the bountry hunter 3 famed recruit condition
>>
>>279297
These shields are decent allrounders and that's a lot of durability
Solid hat though
>>
>>278983
and if they have a shaman, what then
>>
>>279307
shamans have a skill that offers night vision to goblins in aoe. it works out being still better to attack them at night if your archers drink purple potion
>>
File: 20201125201924_1.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
To be fair, it was a 3 scull contract. But it's still some bullshit.
>>
>>265831
Can we talk about the story for a sec
So bassicly its a dark age europe after the collapse of the roman emperor
That monolyth dude was the emperor and you the player are like a decendent or some shit
>>
>>265831
>game only has 3 legendary armor sets
Gay
>>
>>279015
>t. goblin
>>
>>279355
Let's talk about Davkul instead. Is he just some kind of guy hanging out with the dead?
>>
>>279359
davkul is just there to remind us that eventually all brothers no matter how talented will die, and we'll all retire the campaign at some point, and eventually quit playing battle brothers and even give up on videogames completely, get married, have kids, die, and reincarnate over and over unless we realize that all things are impermanent unsatisfying and nonself, so stop worrying about losing brothers and just play the game.
>>
>>279355
are all the undead skelly-bois from that empire era? what happened to them? what caused the decline and why were they cursed? what is the monolith anyway?
>>
File: CLASSIC rodge young.jpg (114 KB, 620x616)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Steam sale is up and nothing is on sale of course, but I still want to consoom

Do I get Beasts & Exploration or Sandnigga DLC?
>>
>>279425
purchase and pay for all downloadable content or else pirate the game
>>
File: 1497213011782.jpg (390 KB, 980x755)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>279430
the fuck sort of answer is that retard

give me an OPINION faggot!
>>
>>279432
in my opinion all the dlc's are essential to the game and you should purchase and pay for all downloadable content or else pirate the game
>>
>>279411
>are all the undead skelly-bois from that empire era?
Yes, they are all former auxiliaries/legionaries/honorguard/priests but not all come from the same period or geographical area. That's why their equipment is not 100% homogenized.
>what happened to them?
Volcano go boom.
>what caused the decline and why were they cursed?
Read the into to the undead crisis. The old capital is also a site in the holy war.
>>
Do level 2 contracts to destroy locations overwrite camps like level 1s do?
What about level 3s?
>>
>>279450
from what i remember they all overwrite the enemies to fit the camp to contract difficulty but only 1 and 2 skull contracts erase famed weapon chance but i may be wrong
>>
>>279456
I checked it once and that's what I remember too
>>
>>279400
Never.
I named my brothers after the leaders of the ussr
Marx is on the big hammer
Lenin on the spear
Stalin the sword and sheild
>>
>>279470
it used to bother me greatly but these days i'm content that someone in this thread knows the answer. i'm at peace with this game mechanic
>>
>>279355
lore is bullshit tho
world building sucks
>>
>>279480
I will check again to be sure, I have been wrong before
>>
Is it me or does the game has some weird timing. I was trying to find legendary location when i was informed a holy war was over wtf. Did i miss some major event while doing contracts.
Should i only focus on quests
>>
>>279487
don't worry
if you play long enough crisis will repeat
>>
>>279473
i don't understand why you replied to my post, however i urge you to consider this build for stalin
https://tumult.cc/bb-calc.html?1-7&1-3&3-1&4-3&5-1&6-1&3-4&1-2&2-6&1-9&6-4
while lenin should be a nimble duelist and marx a banner/whip backliner.
>>
File: file.png (37 KB, 643x400)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>279480
>>279450
Okay, so it's lvl 1 and lvl2 contracts that clear nameds, only lvl3 doesn't
It's also only for these contracts, though that might be all of them that contain spawned locations
Finally, find_artifact clears it no matter what for some reason. Might be an early quest and they forgot to change it
>>
>honour guard skelly with pole arm uses rotate to put priest in base contact with my bros.
Based double agent skelly that didn't hit a single attack.
>>
What makes a good map seed?
>>
>>279535
ports
not too much mountains and swamps
fine villages and castles
good trade routes
personally i go for ports and aesthetic
>>
>>279535
towns having full buildings
ports (but preferably no islands)
no long winding roads that lead to one town in the corner of the map
>>
>>279511
that settles that
and while you're inspecting the code, can you shed some light on how distance from nearest settlement affects the chance of a named item being erased? this https://battlebrothers.fandom.com/wiki/Named_and_Legendary_Items#Sources wiki page says:
>The chance for a named item to appear is [(resources + distance * 4) ÷ 5 − 37].

how do i measure distance by eye?
>>
>first sacrifice
1 candle upgrade
>second sacrifice
5 candle upgrades
Unfortunately only my archer and a shitter got level 2 so far
>>
Holy shit you guys where not joking about siding against the southerners. Had to put it on hold till day 88 since I was getting my ass handed to me during day 71.
>>
>>279555
Well you can find the map size (IIRC 170x130, but look it up) then take a screenshot, work out a fraction of that, and make a ruler.
>>
>>279565
i don't understand
>>
>>279425
Why do you have to be so fucking racist anon
>>
>>279578
>sandnigga is racist
Shut up you stupid american
>>
>>279590
I'm not an american but I am stupid so I'll give you that
Still don't be racist anon that's not cool
>>
>>279593
anon do not admit your stupidity in front of a racist just to make him like you. these people understand only force
>>
>keep finding named heavy helmets.
>but no named armour despite some decent stuff for nimble bros.
>>
>>279603
huh
its like rng machine is somewhat broken in bb
>>
File: a fallen hero.png (1010 KB, 985x942)
1010 KB
1010 KB PNG
>>279593
By going "don't be racist" at a poster that was using the word as a joke out of nowhere all you'll accomplish is everyone itt going NIGGER just to spite you for going offtopic.
>>
>>279610
You're sure gonna show me if you do that anon, please don't I would really really hate it if you did that
>>
>>274165
>>277109
>>274051
>>273974
Just tried it, it werks anon thank you!!!
I noticed that if you don't have inventory room to fully undress a bro, it won't undress that bro. There's no risk of it eating items or anything like that right?

Also, I get a sort of gray transparent box behind the Undress All dialogue - but it doesn't fill the whole screen, just like a quarter. is this normal? And finally, will you release it on Nexus or somewhere else or will it remain just here
>>
File: file.png (3.4 MB, 1920x1080)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB PNG
>>279555
Distance in red is 25 units
>>
>>279605
anon i understand that using the word nigger in a sentence is important to you but try to stay coherent and on topic
>>
>>279621
i think they need to use a racial slur in every single sentence to be able to live
>>
Should i take the NIMBLEPILL?
>>
>>279620
i still don't understand how the unit of measurement is defined but i saved this image. thanks
>>
>>279626
Why not.
>>
>>279619
Yeah, it won't commit if you don't have space for all the items. Items can't go lost this way. I could have done individual items but I was lazy, this way I can use the same function that's used when you dismiss a bro and stuff
Yeah the grey box is a bug, I had enough of UI work so I just left it be since it doesn't do any harm
It's on nexus under undress
>>
>>279626
Nimble is really good in Blazing Deserts content
I think the only reason not to go nimble is if you want variety in your roster and want to see big heavy tin can dudes mixed in. And I guess for indom tanks it works better
>>
>>279574
I'm afraid you have retarded
>>
>>279633
anon can't stop being actively racist, more news at 11
>>
>>279626
nimble is good enough to beat the game, just don't fall for the meme that says all defensive strategies are born equal and big heavy expensive armor is just as good as a perk point. the only situations where nimble comes competes or outperforms with heavy armor are against enemies that use a game mechanic that specifically counters heavy armor. it's better to think of nimble as more offensive and less defensive, if you have some way to leverage the extra fatigue for more damage then you can start comparing nimble to battleforged, but simply comparing them on the level of defense is comparing apples to oranges, there are other variables involved. if nimble was just as strong defensively as heavy armor then nimble would be overpowered due to the advantages it has elsewhere.
>>
>>279647
Also don't forget that BF requires high quality armor while nimble just requires HP
>>
>>279627
like anon said, the map width and height is 170x140, so left to right is 170 distance and bot to top is 140
>>
>>279659
oh ok, have a nice day anon
>>
>>279656
bf used to be really stronk before when it counted max armor for reduction
>>279661
you too you fag
>>
>>279638
the fact that everyone has a tendency to xenophobia is not hidden wisdom known only to racists you stupid fuck
>>
+40 or bone plates for BF
>>
>>279664
OK nigger
>>
>>279664
and yet 'people' like you refuse to acknowledge it
i bet you also don't believe in evolution or science in general
>>
>>279667
>>279662
why do you have to be so fucking homophobic and racist anon
did you get lost on the way to /pol/
>>
>>279511
also funfact, for most of these contracts there's a 1 in 20 chance that a lvl3 contract will still wipe nameds due to the developers using <= (smaller or equal to) instead of < (smaller than)
>>
File: comrade.jpg (178 KB, 1024x698)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>279671
/pol/ is for mutts and stormfags
I am from /his/
>>
>>279672
Why isn't there an equivalent to like the Morrowind Code Patch where someone goes in and ungays minor errors like this
>>
>>279675
Because for the most part they're doing a good job and there's still content coming out where they add or fix stuff
>>
>>279660
i see, so anon gave me a method to derive the unit of measurment.
>>
>>279675
how can a piece of code be gay?
does the piece of code want to fuck other piece of code of the same gender?
>>
>>279675
there is
the guy who hacked encryption is doing it
>>
>>279678
Gender is an aspect of language, I think you mean sex
>>279681
Based, link?
>>
>>279683
Code does not have gender or sex though so your distinction is irrelevant because homosexuality can't apply to something that doesn't have sexuality in the first place
>>
>>279684
Gay = against the natural order, intentions of creator etc
Code that doesn't do what it was intended to do is therefore gay
>>
>>279687
oh okay, have a nice day anon
>>
>>279665
bone plates on everybody
>>
>>279665
additional fur padding
>>
>>279683
evolving usage dictating the meanings of words is also an aspect of language you triple retard
>>
>>279683
my mistake
its not the guy its the other guy
https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/69
you could contact hi and ask him to include this stuff too
>>
>>279696
i don't understand what you mean anon, what idea are you trying to convey
>>
>>279672
We should report this to the devs and agressively call for them to integrate faster in the bug report.
>>
>>279702
>>279703
Damn, you guys are very quirky and edgy hehe
>>
File: 1598450270089.png (110 KB, 468x562)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>279710
just kys you dumb fag
>>
>>279704
I do agree, this is a travesty
>>
>>279712
I would expect so, given that I am a man
>>
>>279704
>implying the krauts don't know about it from like 2 years if not more
>>
>>279726
Considering what gets through testing, they don't.
>>
>>279726
It's a little = and nobody will ever know the difference, I doubt they know
>>
>>279754
they should
it was mentioned plenty of time
but feel free to inform them
>implying they even care
>>
>>279672
I didnt want to know about this
Now Im never taking camp clearing contracts
>>
>>279827
just pretend named items don't exist and you'll never be disappointed
>>
>>279762
Remember that thing where one of the village tracks was removed from song rotation and played only in the retinue screen? Didn't it get stealthily restored after someone reported it as a bug in spite of the dev saying no its not a bug?
>>
>>279827
3 star contracts add a like +5% chance for champions which should more than make up for that
>>
Does the famed item chance go down when a camp sends out a party?
Does the mod that displays it take that into account?
>>
>>279868
No, i think not. If a place has a famed item inside is determened on its spawning.
In other words if a camp is too hard but you are sure there's stuff inside stick in the area and try visiting once they sent someone out.
>>
>>279873
I was only asking because I was camping outside one to heal when it split
>>
File: 7wC2l3q[1].png (22 KB, 1229x313)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
What should I do with these new recruits (bottom 3)?
>>
>>279958
How the fuck can we guess without knowing their stats, talents, and traits?
>>
File: xgIfrHS[1].png (339 KB, 378x807)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>279961
You know their melee attack and defense stats and can calculate their talents in the same since their average level 11 stats in the aforementioned is listed
Anyways here's a specific case if you need to know all the info, what should I do with this perfect MATK rolled militia? he has 100 base stamina, btw
>>
File: W8RT7yp[1].png (561 KB, 489x856)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
Jesus Christ I need this hammer
It's one below the maximum minimum damage value and two below the maximum maximum damage
>>
>>279964
Starting hp, fat, resolve, and ini is hardly irrelevant to choose how to build a bro
Id make this guy a backline swordlance spammer, or frontline anything with dodge to help his mdef, but he could end up wasted if he rolls poorly
>>
Can any roaming enemy besides beasts spawn a camp?
That is, does killing a roaming enemy always remove a potential camp?
>>
>>279988
What? Roaming parties spawn the camps? I thought it just spawned in the fog
>>
>>279986
How do you build your swordlancers?
Do you give them flail spec+whip?
>>
>>279988
what are you talking about, camps spawn enemies not the other way around
>>
>>279986
>Starting hp, fat, resolve, and ini is hardly irrelevant to choose how to build a bro
no
>>
>>280044
wait no i got tricked by the double negation
i meant yes

>>280022
i come to the rescue
http://www.bbplanner.xyz/?perks=FgYAEgGi&stats=011070130040100085040004003&gear=AAAGC%2BDYAABuEoBbAAAA
>>
>>280022
My swordlancers are usually bros who cant frontline and have just decent matk so they end up as overwhelm sworlance/gun backliners
>>
>>280063
Thanks, I can't find any issue with that
>>
File: 1602626128465.jpg (29 KB, 640x640)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>265831
Are Hedge Knight recruits so good that you'll hire any on the spot? Or are you still picky with them in terms of traits? And of stars? Yes I use tryout mod, feel free to yell at me if you want
>>
>>280359
They have good stats even with no stars and if you are lucky they will roll high on all levels; before i would make use of a hedge knight even if he rolled badly since the fucker cost like 6k+ and try to put him to good use. Also used tryout mods and only grab superstars for my company now.
>>
>>280359
Early on, even a 'bad' hedge knight will likely be better than most other bros in your company, so if you find a cheap one/one with good gear you can grab him
>>
>>280367
What is a "cheap" price range for a Hedge Knight?

And what constitutes good gear on an HK? I'm not sure what range of stuff they can spawn with. Can they come with like a Coat of Plates or some shit like that?
>>
>>280367
>cheap one
>good gear
pick one
>>
>>280373
Anon I think you might be a bit simple in the head if you didn't understand that they meant "either cheap or with good gear"
>>
>>280370
the come with cheapest is raider's broken mail shirt and the useless wooden meme weapon forgot its name. hedge knight with coat of plays will be around 11-14k if you are lucky. cheapest i seen is like 6k. cheapest swordmaster i seen is high 3k
>>
Is 50 Resolve the goal stat for late-game bros? Assuming they're not Fearsome or Bannerbros.

I've been led to believe by FilthyRobot that 40 resolve is a good target for early game, and 50 resolve is the late game target (again, for non-resolve-related-roles, as in the sweet spot to comfortably pass common resolve checks and stuff)
>>
>>280376
>useless wooden meme weapon
Goedendag? I thought that was good to give to low MAtk bros since the hit chance bonus is higher than anything else?
>>
>>280375
sorry anon i misunderstood, its late after all.
>>
>>280376
How do Swordmasters measure up versus Hedge Knights or Sellswords? What are the other high end backgrounds?
>>
File: file.png (32 KB, 596x486)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>280370
Like around 5k is lowest
pic related are the items they can spawn
>>
>>280387
uwot, so they can't spawn with Coat of Plates? Anon above said they could spawn with that and be really expensive >>280376
>>
>>280377
Yes you should aim for high 40s to 50s, that plus +4-+6 necklace should help. Especially when fighting undead and fearsome southerners(which unironically makes his own allies break too.)
>>
>>280377
50 is fine, you can boost it a bunch with trinkets and arena so you can get away with less
>>
it literally doesn't matter which background you pick when you're using mods to inflate your brothers' statistics
>>
>>280388
I am certain that they used too, something must have changed.
>>
>>280389
Can you get away with doing "barely hits 50 Resolve with the necklace"? Or should it be more like "start at base 48/49/50, then add necklace"?
>>
>>280394
maybe town modifiers can add extra items or something
>>
>>280395
Yes, I usually go for 44 with +4 trinkets and gladiator arena for free resolve; just note that I seen 70 guys break when he got surrounded.
>>
>>280399
Gotcha. So I assume you give up the necklace slot for stuff like dogs and a falcon for bros that rolled naturally high resolve (50+), since they don't really need the extra?
>>
>>280402
I don't bother putting more than meets the 50s unless they are a dedicated tank. I actually don't use many dogs but if I do they are hounds and only the back line has them. fuck pitbulls
>>
>>280382
Swordmasters have very good matk/mdef stats and a few nice events, but garbage health/fat and will get the old trait to be even worse
Can be a strong polearm bro as he can make use of the matk while being safer than the frontline
Gladiators and adventurous nobles are good too, assassins are a bit like swordmasters, hunters and ranged nomads for ranged
>>
I have a couple questions:

>Which builds leverage Initiative?
I've never found much use at all for that stat across my playthroughs, to the point where I've grown to consider it a dump stat.

I instead try to gauge bros by looking at their Fatigue once their gear is equipped, trying to aim for 60 FAT minimum. However I realize that this may be wrong, because I've heard of something called

>"FAT neutral builds" - how do these work?
I just know they leverage Pathfinder and the fact that you always have 15 fatigue freed at the start of a turn. And how do you identify bros suitable for them, instead of say, being a 1H Duelist or a normal 2H bro?
>>
>>280395
i will not comment on resolve. note however, that under conventional battle brothers terminology, whenever you read a number for a stat it means before buffs, unless otherwise stated. "50 after necklance" is no longer answering the question "what's a good resolve target" but "what's a good resolve target, given that i'm willing to sacrifice the accesory slot". this an important distinction.
>>
>>280382
I really like sellswords until they ask for a raise, I wish I could kill him right then and there.
>>
>>280412
Are sellswords more likely to ask for a raise? I thought it was just a random event that is more likely with the Greedy trait. Or when a Noble-born gets uppity and demands to be paid more than lowborn bros.
>>
>>280407
Could Squires be considered high tier as well? Or at least, upper-middle tier?

How about Disowned Nobles or Bastards? Are those worth it?

>>280405
There's different kinds of dogs? I thought it was just "generic dog" and the wolf you can get from an event
>>
>>280415
they have a specific event where they come to you since another company is offering for his sword at a higher price and wage that you currently have. you can say no but he will probably leave(never said no). What I really want to do is say no and if he ever things of leaving my company then I can kill him before he sets a foot outside my office. Call me a jew but why would he need money for?
>>
>>280418
Why would I call you a jew anon, did you change your religion, did you get circumcised when I wasn't looking
>>
>>280421
because i will pay them the bare minimum and it triggers me that they ask for raise when they are fighting for my shekels. Anyone asking for a raise once is enough for me to send them to their death no matter how good they are.
>>
>>280426
oh ok, have a nice day anon
>>
Sipar Shields are just plain better for tanking than the heavy orc shields, right?
>>
>>280409
fatigue neutral builds are not the same as 0 fat builds, although 0 fat builds happen to be fatigue neutral. 0 fat builds make use of 6AP weapons costing 12 fatigue to swing with mastery, and walking one tile costing 3 or less fatigue on most nonelevated terrain with pathfinder, to wear heavy armor with zero points invested into fatigue and operating at 15 or 20 max fatigue. 0 fat builds dump fatigue in order to make use of brothers with good stats but bad fatigue, it's a way of wearing heavy armor without investing in fatigue while also saving perk points on brawny, recover, and berserk. you invest zero levelups into fatigue. but 0 fat builds dump initiative as well because max fatigue penalties are also max initiative penalties.

"fatigue neutral" typically refers to builds that try to conserve initiative to make it last longer so you can outspeed enemies longer, or conserve fatigue so you can skip taking recover for legendary locations by relying on iron lungs/blue potion to keep you going. but in either case "fatigue neutral" builds aren't actually neutral, they rely on a fatigue or initiative pool + relatively light consumption to make it last. actual 0 fatigue is bad, all of the good abilities in this game cost fatigue, things like disarm, berserk, aoe, adrenaline, they're the payoff for having high fatigue on top of meeting all the other stat requirement for your brother's role, and you can't afford to use any of them on a 15 fatigue budget. fencers still want to use lunge, overwhelm dagger still wants to use puncture, etc.
>>
>>280409
low fat builds are for bros with good combat stats but bad health/fat/resolve. You get fatigue to around 30 usuable and then just ignore the stat, which allows you to dump more points into the other low stats. Then you don't get perks that rely on fat, like berzerker, recover, brawny and so in, but instead get more raw stat perks like fortified mind, gifted and such. The result is a brother that hits only once a round, but is good at connecting with the hit and generally tankier than a normal 2h/duelist. It's great for midgame, later on you can hire stellar bros that you just make into regular 2h
>>
>>280416
Squires are great, nice boosts to many stats and excluded bad traits
disowned and bastards are kinda meh, terrible resolve and really only a bit of matk to make up for it, if you compare them to squires they're flat out terrible
>>
I just realized slings are considered as throwing weapons. Are they viable to be spammed with qatals for the daze+deathblow combo?
>>
>>280487
slings are quite bad after the early game
>>
>>280487
Just use 2h mace for the guaranteed daze
My throwers have a sling in their bag for the first rounds and when they run out of ammo, its the same damage as javelins but you lose the accuracy and worse armor pen/dmg, still good enough to murder people
>>
>>280379
Neither raiders nor HK can come with a goedendag. Its a thug weapon and yes its very good early.
>>
>>280377
>>280395
>>280399
>>280402
You can never get enough resolve but it needs to be gauged between leveling other stats. Higher resolve = higher chance to gain confident morale sooner and higher reliability.
>it can be buffed for "free" by trinkets and arena
And those buffs are even better when your man has higher base resolve.
>FilthyRobot
lol
>>
>>280490
>>280500
Do I at least get named slings?
>>
File: My ancestor.jpg (58 KB, 804x320)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>280409
>>Which builds leverage Initiative?
For one example, see here >>278407. High initiative with Relentless allows you to Wait and still act before the opponent, which is what outlaws leverage to their advantage constantly. Wait in this situation also allows you to shrug off all debuffs that last 1 turn and still come on top on the turn order.
Dedicated gunners also want to be stacking overwhelm so there's that.

>>280416
The northen warhound seen to the right which barbarians use has slightly better stats but less AP so its slightly worse for running targets down. You can buy them at any kennel in the northenmost noble house.
>>
>>280508
Sadly, no
Game needs more named weapons, I want named slings and goedendags
>>
>>280515
Fuck that, I want named Spiked Impalers first.
>>
I'm curious why there haven't been any maps. The framework is there for impassible objects and height levels but there aren't any maps using bridges or walls. The game could do more tactical scenarios like sieges/bottlenecks.

Are these just too difficult to code in or is it a texturing problem?
>>
>>280566
they're already the best crossbow
>>
>>280581
I dont see how it would be difficult, but they added more varied tactical maps only with BD so probably not soon
>>
>>280581
Bridge battles would be very cheeseable is my only guess why there aren't any.
>>
>>280581
there are plenty of interesting configurations of forest, marsh, and mountain. you just don't appreciate them because you never leave your spawn location like the untactical pleb that you are ;^)
>>
>>280426
Wait, im a noob still. You can decide how much you pay to your bros for day? does it improve morale if i pay them better? where is the option?
>>
>>280617
don't mind me i'm a retard, didnt' read the context
>>
File: humbert-1.png (372 KB, 385x464)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
>>280593
>mountain
"Interesting" is one way to put it
>>
>>280742
We should be able to ambush and suprise enemies out of their formation and terrain. This shitty rng could be better if you had a choice on the positioning of your bros before the battle as a defender or ambusher.
>>
>>280767
This game badly needs a deployment phase. so fucking sick of starting a fight to find all my bros in swamp water.
>>
File: assholes.png (785 KB, 1048x637)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
These fucking assholes say shit like this without any fucking hint of the location regardless of how much booze I throw at them.
>>
>>280818
It's somewhere around Himmelfeste.
>>
>>280767
Are you saying our company and enemies should start at the end of the map and walk forward and make falcons more viable?
>>
>>280818
Being given the exact name is at times better than having it be "oh, somewhere on the plains"
>>
File: 20201126183543_1.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1080)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>280823
>>280820
I actually managed to "find" the place, found on my map like if it had already been discovered but I've got no memory of finding the place. Must have been found during a "click on destination city faraway and go take a piss" journies. This is the "armour of the gods" btw.
>>
File: 1457883922038.png (17 KB, 180x209)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>280767
I think this is one of the single biggest flaws in Battle Brothers. The fact that you can't decide where to start the battle if you're attacking on your own terms is the stupidest thing ever. When the player gets ambushed, the enemy gets to surprise us, so why don't we get to at the very least choose where to deploy when we attack?

I wish someone could mod it in, but I don't think it's within the scope of modding to do something so big.
>>
>>280889
You could maybe do a big time hackjob where you allow the player to 'move' units with infinite AP in their first round, and somehow restrict the movement to a rectangle so you can't just walk up to the enemy
>>
>>280894
That sounds very janky but not gonna lie, I would try that out if someone made it
>>
>>280852
Well it's good if you don't have multiple fullhelms in the inventory.
>>
polehammer+2h hammer vs polemace+2h mace vs polemace +1h mace (maximum stun)
for a bro, what's best? Thinking of going for the third.
>>
>>280941
you can carry 3 weapons but 2h hammer is the best
>>
>>280941
There's no best, both are good, but I prefer mace because of daze
>>
>>280985
2h hammer is best
>>
60-90 base damage with 50% armor ignore and 200% armor damage
that's a 120-180 armor damage roll followed by a 30-45 hp damage roll for a total of 150-225 points of numbers going down
crush the honor guard
bash the orc
break the chosen
2h hammer solves all problems, even zombies can't resurrect when smashed in the head by this thing

stagger > daze
the 2h hammer will delay an enemy's turn, protecting you from 1 attack. daze only gives half an indomitable, but stagger prevents enemy attack from happening at all. never worry about initiative ever again!

but wait, there's more
there is a secondary attack, the strongest aoe in the game, combining maximal hammer energy with randomly generated debuffs for entertainment value. greatest in single target, greatest in aoe, the 2h hammer stands at the peak, only the huge fatigue cost and inaccessibility of the item balances out it's unrivaled power.

do not be tricked by the devs. they hide the 2h hammer, just like they hide the bardiche. they conceal the strong weapons in the weaponsmith's secret hidden store. you must seek out many weaponsmiths, buy the weapons, and then use them. do not fear the cost, buy the 2h hammer.
>>
>>281056
>stagger prevents enemy attack from happening at all
Ah yes of course how could I forget that, stagger prevents attacks from happening, the hidden BB secret
How many 2h hammers did you sell today btw?
>>
Seeing as how the stats and talents of the 3 starting gladiators are fixed is there an optimal or recommended way to build each of them?
>>
>>281065
a dead enemy cannot attack you stupid goy, surely you understand that much about the game. when you delay an enemy's turn past the point in the round where it would take lethal damage and die, you effectively prevent that turm from happening. do you have any idea what 2h hammers do to necrosavants? do you have any IDEA how DELAYED they become when hit by the mighty two handed HAMMER? do you think mere nets are enough to slow down their OVERWHELMING SPEED? no, nets alone can't do it. but the hammer can. the hammer delays the vampire, letting you end the menace before it jumps around and lifesteals on your precious dog. imagine, a hammer, the anti armor weapon, being a counter to an enemy with no armor. how is this possible? why is this allowed? this is the power of the two handed hammer's synergy, it is the weapon for the ultimate warrior. get yours TODAY
>>
>Holy War going all
>Only contracts city states seem to offer is long caravan trip across the map
>>
>>281056
Mace deals 75-95, cudgel gives +20 +20, that's 95-115, 47 - 57 health damage, 118 - 143 armor damage.
Daze deals plenty init damage, and if the enemy survives the round, which they often do, they now deal 25% less damage and have a higher chance to have a wound because of the high health dmg
Mace is the weapon of choice to bonk a fat dude and make him regret getting in your face
>>
>>281076
Yes, hammers are better against enemies that rely on high init
And before you try to sell me a hammer I already have 2 famed ones so no thanks
>>
>>281085
the 2h flanged is our greatest ally, it too contains large quantities of hammer energy. we should not be fighting like this. daze does deal high init damage, and i call it half an indom as a form of praise, but the hammer will always be king of armor destruction, against battleforged enemies the first hit they take will enjoy maximal protection, as much as it saddens me to admit this, our damage numbers do not manifest as promised. also necrosavants are the one enemy that can be two turn stunned. we must savour this opportunity.
>>
One of my fodder bro finally died but he was veteran level and its day 204
>>
I take crippling strikes on my hammer and mace boys.
>>
>>281155
this is correct
>>
>>281155
bone go boom
>>
i still remember the first time one of my bros suffered a concussion. i was so confused. what is happening? what is this status effect? this can't be an injury, is it a new game mechanic? is it like daze? i was bewildered. what a wonderful time. i take crippling strikes on 2h blunt weapons just to relive that experience
>>
File: 022.png (158 KB, 723x666)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>ESC-Quit-Load Autosave
>>
>>281188
I can't go more than 10 minutes before the shame gets me. It is impossible for me to continue where my avatar dies.
>>
>>281209
So you too feel the "SHAME"?
Yeah, it keeps gnawing on my my brain every time i savescum
>>
>savescumming
>violating ironman
>using tryout mod
reminder that your opinions on game balance do not matter
>>
>>281220
Agreed about tryout but i will alt f4 if i press retreat on an open field and one of my brothers tards out and gets caught.
Im not gonna micro everyone back to the retreat line and the devs shouod fix the ai
>>
>>281226
you've still given yourself an advantage compared to the vanilla player that bites the bullet and blames himself for the loss. game has rules
>>
>>281228
If there is nothing from stopping the bros from retreating on their own and the retreat still fails because of an AI error, then only the time to micro them back manually is gained, and that's a dumb hill to die on
>>
File: presence.jpg (224 KB, 1080x1087)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>281228
I dont care. Examples were reported to Overhype and if they dont wanna make manual retreating not manditory i don't want to """"""play fair"""""""
>>
>>281066
Barring them getting good enough starting traits to push them in another direction I usually go
>Lion
Banner or duelist
>Bear
Meatshield almost always
>Viper
Qatal almost always
>>
>>281233
you miss the point. i'm not arguing whether it's justified to do it, i'm telling you that ironman autism will objectively make people accept the loss, which gives them a disadvantage. and ironman is the standard way of playing the game.
>>
>>281239
What do you mean by advantage and disadvantage, moral superiority? Because there is no ingame advantage to saving irl time on not moving your dudes manually
>>
>>281241
in game resources. losing a bro due to retreat button failure is still losing a bro.
>>
>>281243
No that's just bad logic
The situation is: there is a 100% chance that the bros will reach the edge of the map before an enemy can reach them, so there's no random rolls or anything influencing the retreat. There is at least one optimal solution. A not-braindead player will recover all the bros. Thus, an automatic system that has the purpose of taking busywork away from you should to the same. If it can't because it's badly programmed as is the case, then the purist iron man player will just micro his guys back every time, not even getting into the situation of having to 'bite the bullet'. He just punishes himself by clicking more than the other guy.There is no ingame resource difference, only an irl clicking time spent difference.
>>
>>281254
you're pretending that players aren't balancing game resources vs tedium. everyone knows about the retreat button and have been for years, why do you think they still press it?
>>
>>281259
do you use faster or cheatengine to speed the game up
>>
Okay, let's get real.

How many of you play on ironman and abides by it?

I'm guessing that 34% of the 71 posters do
>>
>>281263
no
Playing a game where a campaign takes dozens of hours on ironman is a dubious proposition
If you don't want to load a save after you lose bros then just like dont
>>
>>281262
yes, and since it lets me grind faster i get more resources. see, that wasn't so difficult, was it?
>>
>>281263
i do, but im >>281226 >>281235
>>
>>281267
that logic is even worse
irl time is no ingame advantage this isn't a race
>>
>>281263
make a strawpoll

>>281268
abiding by ironman means not pressing alt f4 to bypass ironman you absolute retard
>>
>>281270
it does when i would fail to fight certain annoying enemies when i know it would take 40 minutes and the main reward would be a little bit of xp. you seem to have difficulty with logic
>>
>>281271
fuck you
>>
>>280429
More often than not but the latter has more durability for what its worth
>>
>>281275
are you upset over being called an absolute retard, or over being forced to confront the fact that you're not playing on ironman
>>
>>281278
Both
>>
>>281281
i take back my calling you an absolute retard, don't let it detract from the ironman thing
>>
>>281267
So your opinion on game balance doesn't matter either?
>>
>>281289
yes, this is the inevitable conclusion.
>>
>>281239
>and ironman is the standard way of playing the game.
Ironman isn't selected when you start a new campaign so it is in fact not the standard way.
>>
>>281291
That leaves basically no one in this thread, nobody dare to make another one.
>>
>>281293
but the devs say this is the intended way to play the game. it's just not selected by default to help new players, just like how easy difficulties are the default but not standard difficulties.
>>
>>281294
there is another option. we could uninstall all of mods in light of our philosophical investigations on the nature of cheating. i'm torn on this issue.
>>
>>281297
That is a thing people keep repeating but for which I haven't actually seen a source. Also, intended and standard aren't really the same thing.
>>
>>281315
the source is this loading screen tip
>Try the Ironman mode to experience Battle Brothers the way it's meant to be played.
>>
>>281318
that is a good point
>>
File: islands.jpg (268 KB, 1579x877)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
what are some things that make you angry in this game anons?
>>
>>281271
Would "Self-Imposed Ironman" become a category in itself?

SII: Abides by ironman rules in general, but reloads the game if you get hit by some bullshit, like, losing a bro due to bad AI while retreating, an Allied AI pawn fucking you over by swapping hexes with the hurt bro you're trying to save, putting him in harm's way/frontline and getting killed. etc
>>
>>281329
Bad seeds and goblins
>>
>>281329
dog AI doing random things sometimes.
>>
>>281332
i would include it for representation, but use neutral language in the poll
>>
>>281329
Remove the port from Hikma and you have the exact representation of the worst thing in this game
>>
File: Kx4NHgb[1].png (939 KB, 1044x774)
939 KB
939 KB PNG
My archer got +1 ap to move for this
>>
File: Img-1605917503126.jpg (700 KB, 2171x989)
700 KB
700 KB JPG
>>281346
Well i think it maxrolled on mdef so it could have been a lot shittier. Could have been a named pike with reduction to equip fatigue and skill usage.
Though...why did you bring an archer into a savant den in the first place
>>
>>281346
worth it
>>
>>281352
it did maxroll mdef, this is the stuff you bring to black monolith
>>
>>281352
Didn't have anyone else, plus the archer had decent melee attack and a poleaxe
>>
>>281354
Yeah but you have to babysit it because one dude with an axe can destroy it in one turn
>>
>>281357
Just get blacksmith
>>
>>281354
my mistake the max roll is 28
still this is the kind of shield that lets you reach 5% against 75 skill honor guard
>>
Should i get dodge, relentless and nimble on all my bros?
>>
>>281367
you post this every thread.
>>
>>281367
probably not all of them but most yes
>>
>>281362
And replace what with it?
Anyways I'm about to get my fourth retinue as cultists. Currently have scout/cook/drill sergeant and I almost have a group of level 11s so I'll replace the last, probably with the recruiter.
So for 3 I'd have scout/cook/recruiter, then add lookout, then bounty hunter, then eventually replace recruiter with cartographer or paymaster.
Opinions?
My current plan is to mass tryout/dismiss(with mod), recruit/dismiss on shit rolls, and try to get some 90 MATK 35 MDEF potential bros to use in late game.
>>
whats a good amount of resolve for a bannerman to have?
>>
I've just started playing, doing a peasant militia start and trying to build a tercio like formation. Would pikes in front and crossbows in back work ok, or is ranged too inaccurate to be widely useful? I was hoping to put a spearwall in front of my troops and use crossbows to pelt the enemy at range as they continually get pushed back, but my archers can't ever seem to hit things, especially things with shields.

What should I prioritize at start, more troops, better weapons, or better armor?
>>
>>281391
i conscientiously object to tryout users asking for advice, you do not need to optimize your game with 90 melee skill 35 melee defense bros. just git gud, your brothers are dope. however do note that cartographer is only worth hiring early when you just start doing camps.
>>
>>281391
>cartographer
Useless after early game
>paymaster
Useless at all times, the golden goose of retinues
>>
Does Glorious Resolve work with Fearsome?
>>
File: Bloody Bone.jpg (252 KB, 2000x2000)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>280822
In an event of something like defending holy sites, I would like attackers to do that. It allows for the defenders to properly position themselves just what you would do in real life. It also gives the attackers enough buffer to maneuver and scout out the area properly before committing to deadly a line battle. Head on battles, on the other hand, would be fine being vanilla.
>>
Fighting the sandbois is fucking though. Had a campaign where HW was the first crisis and during the conflict I lost 6 bros.
>>
Is there a way I can selectively mark things to not be repaired? A lot of my guys have cheap, shitty armor that just eats up tons of repair tools for a measly 20 durability. Should I just not even bother wearing it?

How important is armor anyway? Should I be aiming for a minimum threshold for all of my soldiers (Like 80-120 or so) or what? Is there a place to get cheap, decent armor in bulk that doesn't cost as much as an actual armor smith?
>>
>>281443
Kill shit
>>
>>281410
you want to recruit brothers until you the maximum field limit as soon as possible. 30 endurance head armor to prevent your brothers from being oneshot is an important milestone. early on you need some critical armor to avoid being in oneshot range of various attacks. look at the damage values of weapons to see what you need. read the damage formula entry on the wiki to understand how armor works. later on your goal should be to kill things before they manage to swing their weapon at you, so you don't need that much armor. when things don't swing at you, they can't hit you. that way you don't need to spend money on tools, medicine, or new brothers, and you don't need to wait for injuries or repairing armor, which means less time wasted, which means less food eaten and salary paid. when you have no expenses your profit margins skyrocket and you quickly obtain enough money to buy the good stuff. you should try to live off the earth and harvest all the armors and weapons you can from the native inhabitats of the game world, read the wiki page on enemies and spoil yourself. many shameful posters in this thread have hundreds of hours played yet don't know how much melee skill and hp a brigand raider has off the top of their head. building up an intuition for damage numbers just by looking at hp bars takes too long, and a new player can get very good very fast simply by memorizing stat blocks. pikes in front and crossbows in the back works, but crossbows are expensive to buy and reliably looting them early requires cheesing noble armies or goblins. pole arm with mastery is the strongest weapon because it lets you to hit things without being hit. rotation and footworks let you do cool tactics which is the reason we play the game so don't neglect them. disclaimer: i use the 'faster' mod which gives me an unfair advantage, so keep in mind i'm playing an easier version of the game and should be ignored.
>>
>>281443
Just equip something else after battle if you dont want to repair
>Is there a place to get cheap, decent armor in bulk that doesn't cost as much as an actual armor smith?
Battlefields

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.