[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 99 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>What's your favorite ship, modded or otherwise?
(Pic Related).

>What do you hope future versions of the game will add?
Better, more complex colonization mechanics and role-playing features, particularly featuring NPCs and your own officers.

>What kind of mods do you want to see made?
Something that adds more systems controlled by vanilla factions so that you can have a more populated Sector without so many Faction mods.
>>
>>253337
I hope that hey will add an actuall story, and 4x elements. Also, all factions feel the same. Factions like the pirates shouldt be factions, but spawn around poor regions and shit like that. I just want the faction to play differently
>>
>>253337
>Chronos
>Not really a broadsider
>Not quite the burst damage ganker
>Not quite fast enough
What is this ship even for? Also I liked it better when it had the more distinctively cock-and-balls shape.
>>
File: starsectorroleplay.png (1.17 MB, 1920x1080)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>253337
> i have a mega boner for all high tech ships modded

> more story content, mods have everything esle covered like ships, factions and functions

>so many mods already i dont even know, but probably stuff i havent even thought about, or just lots of quests....
>>
>>253337
Older malstorm from Diable Avionic
Fuck that fucking retarded modder for nerfing it to the point is almost useless
>>
>>253623
Holy fucking shit, where can I get this? The new DA? As far as I am aware the new panda doesn't have 4 large weapons slots
>>
File: starsectorheh.png (1.21 MB, 1920x1080)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>
>>253635
its a skin i got years ago, but it wont work with the new update, so unless you want to mod it in yourself....
>>
File: starsectorfuntimes.png (1.29 MB, 1920x1080)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>
File: starsectorfleet1.png (1.82 MB, 1920x1080)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>
File: starsectorbattle1.png (1.8 MB, 1920x1080)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>
>>253337
Im wishing for boarding mechanics, Not only would that be great, that'd give the 'Supermarine' units something extra and might give the Hegemony an additional faction characteristic. Boarding could be either literally Flying combat suits onto the enemy ship and taking it over or expensive shuttles that slam into the enemy's hull and do a more 'New Hope like- Boarding'
>>
File: starsector1.png (1.77 MB, 1920x1080)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>
File: starsector2.png (1.96 MB, 1920x1080)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
>>
File: starsector trouble.png (2.64 MB, 1920x1080)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB PNG
>>
File: starsector oops.png (1.64 MB, 1920x1080)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>
File: starsector farming.png (2.3 MB, 1920x1080)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
im just dumping hope you like, nothing that new im just waiting for this dahm update to drop
>>
File: starsector farming 2.png (1.14 MB, 1920x1080)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>
File: starsector endgame.png (2.4 MB, 1920x1080)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
>>
File: starsector bp.png (879 KB, 1920x1080)
879 KB
879 KB PNG
>>
File: starsector bladebreakers.png (1.36 MB, 1920x1080)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>
>>253648
Actually I am using a pre-nerf version, 2.04 I think.
I you still have the skin please gib link
>>
File: starsector big beef.png (2.5 MB, 1920x1080)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
>>
>>253680
>>
>>253687
>>253680
sorry wrong one
>>
>>253690
>>253687
>>253680
dahm miss clicked
>>
>>253680
XD
>>
File: starsector better paragon.png (1.45 MB, 1920x1080)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
>>
File: starsector battle.png (1.2 MB, 1920x1080)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>
>>253695
God damn it anon
>>
im done....no more until i play more...or take some screenshots of my current play through
>>
File: 1602944530239.jpg (1.1 MB, 2121x3000)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>253695
Thanks anon, was looking for this.
>>
File: Staple Battleship.png (143 KB, 190x400)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
It may be a slapped-together piece of shit, but I love the conquest's aesthetic too much to pass up a better version of it. Having four centerline large ballistics with HBI and full overlapping fields of fire is no joke.
Also, what the fuck was Alex smoking when he make the conquest have 1.4 shield efficiency?
>>
>>253793
to make it a worse version of the odyssey
>>
File: SWP XIV Conquest.png (174 KB, 190x400)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>253868
And then nerf the speed into oblivion while he was at it? It's like the man hates Midlines, or really anything that isn't hightech.
>>
>>253720

Sauce?
>>
File: java_X13id3MxFC.png (185 KB, 416x393)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>gets hypserspace storm flung into your path
>>
>>253793
What mod is this? It's remarkably difficult to find a capital with overlapping field large slots.
>>
File: Chronos.png (522 KB, 946x930)
522 KB
522 KB PNG
>>253538
It's like a combat-exclusive Apogee on steroids.
Its main advantage is its speed and it's Time Accelerator ability that gives you the manoeuvrability and adaptability that other ships of its size don't have.
>>
>>254001
The Staple from Missing ships mod.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16160.0
>>
File: 1498045860948.png (132 KB, 360x300)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>253951
>A single fleet with more capitals than may actually be present in the Sector Lore-wise
>Are a mercenary to boot
Sometimes I really think that Nexerelin was a mistake
>>
>>254087
hey i had a whole 2 million credit bounty on my head after blowing up 3 of those supercapitals while warding off an invasion fleet
>>
File: 1595548443419.png (2.05 MB, 2048x1148)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>253945
Starsector Tempest dont know who the artist is but I am pretty sure he is a chink, he also did shota atlas-2 and various others.
>>
>>254087
Really wish there was a mod that plays more on smaller ships kites-destroyers and make capital ships hard to comebuy, rare, and powerful gamechanger. I want to fear a capital instead getting annoyed of killing my 6th one and still have 13 more to go.
>>
I'm a guy from late last thread that's just started. I can easily get $1mil from smuggling, looking at a jungle planet with ultrarare ore to put a colony on but honestly feel like I should go into mods
>>
>>253927
>It's like the man hates Midlines
Not really; the Hammerhead, Sunder, and Grpyhon are top-tier ships in their class, with the Eagle being pretty much the definition of balanced. There might be slim pickings for a good midline frigate and capital ship, but they dominate in destroyers and cruisers.
>>
>>254097
Capitals and larger-scale ships aren't large enough IMO. particularily, Space Stations are nowhere near large enough.
>>
>>254087
>Set up a little outpost at the outer fringe of the sector
>Barely have space port constructed when alerted of a pirate raid
>"I'll be okay, I've got two capitals and six cruisers."
>Fleet is listed as "Somewhat strong"
>Fleet has six capital ships, a dozen cruisers, and maybe thirty destroyers
>"Somewhat strong"
>>
>>254095
>shota atlas-2
Holy kek
>>253337
I just want missions or something to do, i always get bored mid game when i have a colony and a decent fleet. Plus it goes to 20 fps when its at full battle size
>>
>>253793
god I love this thing
>>
>>253659
What mod are the first four ships from I thought I downloaded it a while ago but they are not in my codex when I look through it?
>>
>>253793
>>253927
I wish it was changed so that each arm was its own module or something since I'm not sure why you would bother to make a broadside ship that can't take any hits. The kiting build is fine and all but I'm pretty sure no one looks at a conquest and expects that's what they'll do with it when they get one.

>>254428
>>254097
I think an overall increase in the size of all ships and stations would be nice. A lot of ships can look fugly and goofy once you've got stuff mounted on them too due to the size of the weapon sprites.

>>254501
Seeker. Hear it's buggy and unfinished, which seems to be a case for most of the discord only mods, though I didn't encounter any issues when I was using it. Don't remember the pastebin link.
>>
>>254542
Never mind, I looked through the seeker mod and he just has them hidden from the codex but when I open console commands they are listed.
>>
>>254060
Thanks Anon, I gave you an upvote.
>>
>>254234
Location is everything if you plan on nursing a single colony to fruition.

If you colonize a large system it matters a bit less.
>>
>>254256
I never could get into the sunder. I like it well enough for keeping the flank free or hunting down frigates, but i find it incapable of pounding above it's weight class. It's just not smart enough/fast enough to avoid the heavy destroyer rape salvos. I actually think the wolf / dire wolf hulls are superior in terms of flexibility and general performance. Or perhaps it's just that the ai works best when paired with a fast ship.
>>
>>254739
The AI really needs the ability to control range.
>>
>>254087
thats not a nex feature
>>
>>254739
AI sucks with the sunder, but a player can do a lot of damage with a properly kitted out one. That's true for a lot of strong ships though, the Aurora is trash in AI hands but one of the strongest ships in the game if the player is piloting it, like the Gryphon or Odyssey.
>>
more screen shots incomming.....
>>
File: starsectorcurrent.png (900 KB, 1920x1080)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
>>
File: starsectorcurrent2.png (3.24 MB, 1920x1080)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB PNG
>>
File: starsectorcurrent3.png (3.1 MB, 1920x1080)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB PNG
>>
File: starsectorcrrentbp1.png (1.13 MB, 1920x1080)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>
File: starsectorcurrentbp2.png (1.2 MB, 1920x1080)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>
File: starsectorcurrentmonies.png (1.17 MB, 1920x1080)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>
File: starsectorduzakh.png (1.51 MB, 1920x1080)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>
File: starsectorsector.png (1.67 MB, 1920x1080)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>
>>254808
You're right, that's something from Varya's IIRC.
Nex however still has problems with raids/invasions, as you can have multiple fleets consisting of nothing but capitals and carriers show up at the same time to dunk on your single size 4 colony.
Also, does nex have a pre-set fleet size/consist for each faction (mod and vanilla), or are mod faction fleets done individually in each mod's files?
>>
>>255067
I'm all for anons posting screenshots and stories from their current playthroughs but at least try to make them interesting. Why would anyone want to see your random colonies/blueprintes/money/sector map? The only remotely interesting image you posted just now is your fleet, but even then it's not accompanied by any commentary or anything. At least post gameplay clips or ship loadouts or stories, not just random screenshots of the UI and things we've all seen and done.
>>
>>255112
i am yet to find a proper fit that makes NibelDONG doesn't suck.
>>
>>255133
just posting it for people who might be new to the game, ive been playing it for like 4 years if not more and i dont bother doing all those things
and really that would be something i would like to see being posted, just to be able to see what other people are doing
>>
>>255184
Nibelung is an embarrassment. Worst capital I've seen so far.
>>
File: EmLfzzmXIAAIe_u.webm (831 KB, 654x456)
831 KB
831 KB WEBM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1324867822913277954

What does /vst/ think of the upcoming changes to skills and contacts in the next version?
>>
>>256303
I really want to see where the new skill tree is going to be like, but there's no option to wait and see how it pans out
Contracts making it so youre not at the mercy of market restocks at the end of months is a god send
>>
>>256303
Seems okay. I don't like that all skills are treated equally though. In reality what matters is blue, then yellow, then one green. After that you fill out with red for the fun factor. It you limit skill points what will happen? You drop the red. So it will be even more static to level up.

I really hope there is a better balance than this and that Alex has combined something from every branch in the new skills, leading to actual choices, because otherwise there is no point to red when you can hire officers with red instead.
>>
>>256426
red would be more important if had a little of everything. Some OP gain, fuel/supply cost reduction, etc for your personal ship. right now red is just too focused on defensive buffs for yourself, yet offensive trait have been nerfed, old OP reduction perks removed, and all the while making the entire thing too investment heavy for only decent defense buffs and negligible offensive ones, resulting in you just buying a better ship any way for a more effective battle buff. Also doesn't help how massive fleets of any kind are now. Just attacking most trade groups require some kind of armada of your own. Kinda you wish could wolf pack it, pick off some ships and come out with some gains to over come the supply cost.
>>
>>256677
A considerable OP gain for the personal ship (like 50%) would be really fun and actually create some difference between the PC and the officers. As it stands, officers are simply better because they can take every red skill there is without concern for yellow/blue, and without impacting the rest of the game systems negatively.
>>
I hope development doesn't become slower than Star Citizen.
>>
>>256914
Considering its been going on since...what, 2010, we're at that pace already
>>
You should be able to tow cryosleepers.
Most of the sleepers I've found were in pretty terrible systems.
>>
>>256935
> Cryosleeper: now has (gradually reduced) effect at up to 10 light-years; spawns in better star systems
Will be fixed in the next update, whenever that drops.
>>
>>256975

Please be December.
>>
>>256990
Which year?
>>
>>257001

>>
>What does /vst/ think of the upcoming changes to skills and contacts in the next version?

I would love to have an opinion but I really want to fuckin see what the new skills *are*.
>>
What are the essential mods for it?
>>
>>257279
There aren't really any 'Essential' mods for Starsector, as the base game works pretty well and has well-developed features unlike plenty of AAA games, but there do are some mods that may help you out depending if your struggling with Starsector in different ways.

Forum has an (semi-actualized) Index of the most popular/recent mods for the game you can check some there:
>https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

[0.9.1a] is the latest version of the game. Any mods for not cause you any problems.
[0.9a] is a previous version of the game, but still relatively recent. Mods for it wil have some balance issues, but should still function.
[0.8.1a] is a much older version of the game. Mods for it and older version (shown on red) will crash the game when using the latest version of Starsector.

I recommend trying the game unmodded first and once you've got a good hang of it maybe try some mods (on a New Game).
Most of the essential mods are on the Utility category, and more than adding new content to the game add some useful new features to make playing it a bit more convenient.
>>
Can i play this game as just being a single dude with a single ship?
I got some nostalgy for Space Rangers recently and i've heard about StarSectior for a long time, but in most screenshots its just looks like some 4x with huge fleets. Does it really turns into something like Mount and Blade in mid/late game, or you can still play it withouht fleet building?
>>
>>257400
You can play with a single ship, yes and only you will control it, but pretty much every ship in the game requires a certain amount of the 'Crew' resource to operate and you need to pay them their salary, so even on the smallest of ships that aren't Fighters (which require an actual Carrier to deploy), you'll have multiple people working inside the ship.

Other than that, ships come in a variety of types, but most of them (specially) smaller ones are very specialized and require Tankers and freighter ships to supply them with fuel and to carry their load when trading, but you can still choose do deploy a single ship during combat, even with a massive fleet.
>>
>>257419
>>257400
Whether you can actually take on Mid to Endgame fleets with a single ship would depend on what ship, with what loadout are you using, as well as your ability to pilot it and your character's skills, but if you plan on getting an End-Game ship by just doing the things that have a single ship would allow you're gonna have a very hard time doing so, and will probably have to grind way more than necessary.
>Independent Trade is most profitable when done so in Bulks, and Combat ships tend to have smaller cargo and fuel space than ships specialized in doing so, particularily smaller ships.
>Trade Contracts require you to have a specific amount of cargo/fuel space available so alot of ships are right out for some contracts.
>Bounties are far easier when done with multiple ships that can cover each other and their shortcomings. You might get different bounties, one with strong capitals with extreme range and other with plenty of Carriers with a shitload of fighters. These two require a balanced fleet loadout to fight off as you might have a ship that can tank larger ships attacks, but very little point-defense, and so.
>Exploration Contracts are the most logical choice for a single-ship fleet, but even those require you to have enough Fuel to get to the Exploration marker and come back, Cargo-space for the supplies needed to do the exploration itself, as well as good enough ships not to fall pray to pirates and [Redacted].
>>
>>253337

i just want factions that do something, what the point of having factions if they dont go war, they dont expand , change?
>>
File: 3nMFPev.jpg (220 KB, 1145x390)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>257422
What about Nex?
>>
>>257419
>>257421
I see. It's not like im against fleet building in general, i just dont want it to turn too much into some tactical RTS where i have to juggle all those units in combat and where the game turns more into a strategy game rather than an RPG, kinda like M&B or something.
Is it one of those games where AI can deal with that combat stuff, or would i actually have to manually micro everything?
>>
File: 3pvm2ivdkqg41.png (205 KB, 570x394)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>257459
No, the AI of the ships is actually pretty decent and does not need you to babysit it.

As long as a ship has a well-designed loadout it will most often than not do everything right to defeat its enemy. It will use shields only specifically when necesary, manage flux effectively and vent only when outside the enemy's range. It will retreat back and collect itself when it notices its being overwhelmed by one or multiple enemies and use each laser, cannon and missle at the appropiate time to be the most efficient at maximizing damage and reducing damage to itself and wasting ammo and so.
In short, the AI is most effective at micromanaging each individual ship (and even better than the player in most cases) though less so at doing big tactical decisions, which it mostly leaves to the player.

Unless you want them to attack or defent a specific ship or point on the tactical map it will pretty much not need you to order it around at any moment during a battle.
You can give ether specific tactical commands like 'This ship should defend this point, attack this point or escort this other ship' or more generic and flexible ones like 'I want any available ships to capture/defend this particular point or escort/attack/avoid this particular ship', or simply 'attack everyone on sight with maximum prejudice' or 'Retreat!' and the AI will manage itself accordingly and switch around as the battle progresses.

Order giving is one by opening a com channel during battle by spendin a command point (which regenerate slowly during a battle) and issuing commands to any ship you want during the period of time the com channel is open, but you can stop time so there's no rush while issuing them, so you only need to respond tactically to changes every one in a while and make sure your ships stay close together so they can support each other and don't chase the enemy too far away and you'll be pretty much free to pilot your ship the rest of the time.

https://youtu.be/RpcenkiaxIo
>>
File: sseth.png (27 KB, 128x128)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>257459
>>257474
If you really want to try it you can just download the game and use Sseth's key to activate it, which should be valid until the next updates to the game drops (probably for the next months or so) and buy it if you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP1hLo&vl=ru
>>
>>256303
Curious as to what the civilian grade hull skill buff will be. If its good ive got something in mind for the Atlas Mk II
>>
>>257480

Wouldn't it still be valid afterwards?
>>
File: VictoryBattleship.png (173 KB, 236x392)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>257981
Alex might pull the key from the approved list now that basically everyone can play Starsector for free.
Although I do hope he keeps it in, or does actually follow through with a Steam release once it hits 1.0.
>>
>>258026
>>257981
Considering that he actively helps people on the forums that outright admit to using the key I doubt he'd pull it out.

>>257981
Dunno why, or where I got the idea from, but I don't know if a new key is needed for each new version/update of the game and the distributor simply issues new keys to all buyers every time.
>>
>>258035
It's pretty standard, people leak tons of keys every patch and every followup update blacklists those keys. Sseth's isn't new or unique, I've been playing this game on random anons' keys for five years.
>>
>>258035
I'm still using the same key I got when the game didn't even have anything but custom battles.
>>
File: Scarab.png (60 KB, 200x200)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>253337
I'm a fan of the scarab, despite it being total shit
>>
>>253337
My mod Mod Gulf. Super cheese, but super fun.
>>
File: BassCannon.png (145 KB, 727x594)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
https://youtu.be/S45-lXhiO5A

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fhrR18rh-6CMsVhBjVWhFPcP1tmokMXx/view?usp=sharing
>>
File: giga chad rock.png (533 KB, 764x877)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>>253337
Why yes I use my second hand Gryphon to BTFO all capital ships, how can you tell? My love for it is so pure I even paid the ridiclous fee to get rid of the one D mod it came with.
>>
>>259948
I'm more of a doomchad myself.
>>
File: mad dog horde.webm (2.98 MB, 1920x1080)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>
I hope the new buffs to paladin pd and that midline cruiser with 1 large energy and 1 large missile make it fun to pilot
>>
>>260005
>Doom
>Chad
Fucking retard
>>
>>257427
FUCK MODS, i dont want to deal with 324973294 mods crashing with each other to make a game playable, that dumb.
>>
>>253793
>Also, what the fuck was Alex smoking when he make the conquest have 1.4 shield efficiency?

giving a ship extra flux and worse shield efficiency is largely the same as giving a discount to firing your guns.

think of it has having 0.9 eff, 13k cap, 800 diss and a -33% firing cost discount in a hullmod.
>>
>>259948

same but a 5-dmod colossus mk. 2
>>
>>260974
I've never seen any Starsector crash with each other though.
The only mod out there that could do such a thing is Archean Order total overhaul, and the launcher disables the mods it'd crash with because it's properly tagged as such.
>>
File: Accurate statement.jpg (69 KB, 500x652)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>260979
Safe travels friend, safe travels.
>>
I need more Blade Breakers ships... They are too sexy.
>>
Any tips for a new player.
Simulation always demolish me.somehow thier shops seems faster thier shields stronger than what i am using
>>
>>262412
U Key allows the AI to take over your own ship, which is far better than any human player at micromanaging the use of flux, shields and weapons.

I mostly only use manual flight/combat when repositioning my ship, as well as for some high-level maneuvers that the AI is too dumb to understand. The AI also lacks (as with pretty much almost every videogame AI in existance outside of Chess AI and the like) a basic understanding of Cause And Effect, as predicting things that may happen even if a few seconds into the future is extremely taxing on CPUs, but it excels at quick responses on already existing and measurable parameters.

As for stronger ships and the like, you have to make sure you're using the right type of weapons for the right type of situations. No use using Anti-Armor Ballistics with 150% Damage to Armor but 50% Damage to shields when an enemy's shields are up. You'd only be wasting your previous Flux.

Ships with frontal shields are usually best to outmaneuver and attack from their back, while Ships with Omni-Directional ships are ususally only ever vulnerable when their Flux is High and they can't us their shields without Overloading or when they're being surrounded,a s they can't use their shields on more than one place at a time.
>>
>>262451
>which is far better than any human player at micromanaging the use of flux, shields and weapons
lol
>>
>>262559
Are you able to point several weapons all in different directions at the same time, all while keeping an eye on your flux level and any incoming damage to raise up and drop your shield in time, as well as moving, shooting and rasining omnidirectional shields all in different directions?

No, I don't think you are.
>>
>>262451
>U Key allows the AI to take over your own ship, which is far better than any human player at micromanaging the use of flux, shields and weapons.
This is absolutely terrible advice. The AI is only good on a purely situational level, with specific (and necessarily gimped) ship loadouts. It can only make full use of a handful of weapons and shipsystems, and those weapons can be given over to AI control via autofire anyway without letting it go full retard with the ship's shields, flux, or positioning. The AI is absolute garbage with flux control and only capable of using shields intelligently when they're on a fixed arc, giving them omni shields is armor-and-flux-suicide because they will flicker the omni shield to stop a few weak annihilators or fighters from hitting their right side while a HIL or reaper is melting their left.
>>262412
What you need to do to improve is practice good positioning while letting the AI control most of your weapons. Keep the big or important ones for manual fire, but put everything else on autofire (look up good AI-friendly weapon group layouts). With autofire on, the AI will automatically fire every weapon it has at appropriate targets in range and unlike the player can target 6 different ships with 6 different weapons while still intercepting missiles, just be sure not to give it anything actually important because it will waste your biggest weapons on poorly timed and targeted attacks. That just leaves positioning, shields, and flux management to the player, the three things that the player can do a million times better than the AI and what can allow a frigate to destroy a capital ship. If you let the AI pilot your ship in any battle you're going to be less than 50% effective while also never improving. If you have any specific questions about ships, loadouts, or whatever feel free to ask.
>>
>>262614
>The AI is only good on a purely situational level,
>What you need to do to improve is practice good positioning while letting the AI control most of your weapons.
That's exactly what I'm saying though?
>>
>>262660
You implied the AI could handle some movement (NEVER let the AI move your ship an inch), flux, and shields. It is absolute trash with all of these, the only thing you should ever let it touch are your generic weapons (PD, low-to-mid level firepower). Maybe I misread your first post, I thought you were implying the AI could do those things better than the player which is blatantly false on all accounts.
>>
just put your main battery and missiles on manual and let the ai autofire the rest. no need to sperg about it.
>>
whats the benefit to trident bombers? i feel like cobras are better from my experience
the only real flaw they have is the fact reapers are dumbfire and don't lock on, but its only been an issue when im fighting remnants or if the AI is retarded and tells them to waste their bombing run on some frigate thats about to die in two seconds
>>
>found first colony
>spend an hour in orbit around it just watching all of the little prospector and trade fleets traveling to and from it
maximum comfy
>>
>>262755

daggers are the best choice. cobras are too awkward.
>>
tridents exist if you have a carrier with too much OP and not enough flight decks or interesting weapon mounts, but no vanilla carrier really matches this description.
>>
>>262755
long range
highest number of torpedo volley per wing in base game
best used for battlecarriers since it’s very slot-efficient
i still prefer daggers
>>
>>262979
>best used for battlecarriers

battlecarriers do not have spare op
>>
>>262412
Your own loadout probably needs some looking at if the autofit AI ships are outstatting you.

If you're still using the ships you started out with , specifically, that combat freighter, they WILL be better than you.
>>
>>263046
the idea is that you trade off mounted guns for "mobile" guns aka bombers
>>
>>263152

sure, if you're a moron.
>>
>>263226
i didn’t say it’s effective
>>
New player here. Is command fleet supposed to not work? The AI is goddamn retarded and I don't want to pilot ships manually.
>>
>>263485

it works, but see it more like a suggestion than an order in a traditional RTS game.
Also the type of pilot will affect how the take orders, a timid pilot will have a hard time eliminating a ship and an reckless pilot will have a hard time staying back and defending
>>
>>263128
Controls feels so stiff does it get better. I started with the wolf class fighter im barely out of tutuorial and getting smeared by simulation is disheartening
>>
Full version next year?
>>
>>263598
That's the future of SS
>>
>>263600
Hot fixes don't count!
>>
>>263598
Did he not update with the new promised revamp of ship building? I thought that was the next big update.
>>
>>263600

probable going to do what poe did

>>
>>263700
Except that the next version is 9.5
>>
>>253538
It's for breaking the high tech aesthetics style with a "flaccid penis/dangling scrotum" kind of thing.
>>
>>254016

the entire point of the apogee is that it has an amazing shield for its deployment cost. the chronos does not.
>>
>>263526
The Wolf-class is below par in terms of armament among frigates even. You're supposed to use the Phase Skimmer to make opportune strikes, but it will probably lose against most ships you send it against face-to-face.

Use the Hammerhead you got instead for a smoother experience.
>>
a safety overrides Hammerhead with an assault chaingun and some kinetics will eat up most stuff its own size or smaller
>>
>>263526
Drop the wolf for a tempest with a phase beam, a weapon of your choice(some people like 2 phase beams but it eats flux like crazy and I need them to survive against capital ship atacks so I use a smoll plasma gun for more ordinances) and some reaper missiles.
>>
tempests should have a heavy blaster plus a small burst laser or a gravbeam

hvblaster is a really good weapon
>>
I wish I knew what I was doing in this game.
>>
>>264937
>and some kinetics
>its own size
>smaller
You don't even need kinectis. Just brute force with two chainguns and SO enables you to punch through many shield generators.
See here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWz62MsJR3c
>>
I think im fuckng up because i treat the game as twin stick shooter instead of a strategy game. im starting have more fun picking the hammer head as a starting ship.
>>
>>265438
Combat is the strongest part of the game though (unsurprisingly since it started out as a pure combat game with the dev spending years polishing that aspect) and I wish the early game part was longer. It's great too easy to get cruisers/capitals and to just lose all challenge.
It doesn't help that enemy fleets quickly scale with that it mind.
>>
File: cant-abort-me.jpg (67 KB, 500x667)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>265522
I think the sector would be better off with heavier and heavier ships/threats/rewards the further from the core you get. It would still need to scale off time since the player will inevitably bring war to the core worlds, but at least it would make the pre-colony phase more enjoyable. Either rush out into the void to grab high risk rewards, or play the brigand life robbing smaller convoys and station around the core.
Also, there needs to be "stations", specialist habitats that focus on stuff (blueprints, rare resources, fuel/personnel/rations,weapons/hulls, and so on) that belong to a faction and that you can raid or do stuff with. Stations also get better stuff the further out from the core.
>>
>>265551
Ditto. Space Stations/Battle Stations are nowhere near large enough.

There should also be a larger gap in size between ship tiers.
>>
>>265551
>I think the sector would be better off with heavier and heavier ships/threats/rewards the further from the core you get
I can absolutely get behind that idea.
>>
>>263708

Correct. 0.95.
>>
File: 1598657110716.webm (2.59 MB, 798x598)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1597968833707.webm (2.89 MB, 600x400)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1597967105036.webm (1.3 MB, 900x900)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1597573938077.webm (2.86 MB, 900x700)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>
>>265561
This so much. I want to shit pricks when I see a capital ship not kill my 13th one in a row.
>>
>>267428
Yes!
An exponential curve around base 4 would be great.
A frigate has a combat value around 1.
A destroyer has a combat value around 4.
A cruiser has a combat value around 16.
A capital has a combat value around 64.

That also means that a fleet of 64 frigates is comparable to a fleet of 1 capital in terms of raw firepower / maintenance cost and so on.

It also scales well with value and economics in the world, as scaling size increases complexity.

Finally, I think larger ships should help a great deal in traversing the sector. You shouldn't be able to take your 5 hounds so easily to the edges for exploration, it should require larger ships. Perhaps introducing an additional logistics anchor with a static consumption would help with that. For example, a navigator hull that increases the distance a fleet can travel from the closest colony without losing their bearings.
>>
File: Seeker.png (122 KB, 1233x500)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
Update to the Beta (Alpha?) Version of SEEKER in the Discord.

>Download: https://www.patreon.com/posts/44068667
>Bug report/feedback: https://forms.gle/YbQ8cYUA5QaJBCYV8
>>
>>268695
What are some actual ships from this pack? I like the Niagara, and that was apperently extracted from Seeker, too bad that Niagara's pack comes with a ton of shit i don't want.
>>
>>268865
There's a bunch of them, quality is variable. The whole theme is "unique" ships, as in ships that would be really rare or don't really fit with the rest of the game at all. A few (like the Owl) are pretty similar to what you might expect from a very rare vanilla ship, others look like alien meme designs. One mundane example is just a paragon that can't fight with the donut hole filled in by a farm that generates a pathetic amount of credits when orbiting a colony with a strong sun. Another example is a unique looking but otherwise unremarkable midline cruiser. Yet another is some sort of spiky alien death ball with crazy stats but like 100 supplies/mo upkeep or something.

It's the "miscellaneous" category of ship mods, some good ideas and some bad ones.
>>
>>253337
please tell me how the combat works in this fucking game
>>
>>269434
So its more of a proof of concept/dicking around pack, got it.
>>
>>271256
Shoot n stuff goes boom
>>
>>271256
Unironically this >>271291. Just play the damn tutorial.
>>
>>271382
The tutorial is outdated so the UI change in the actual game throws people off a bit.
>>
>>268695
>Tartiflette
This fag will nerf the mod to hell, I will never try that mod or any other mod that he touched
>>
>>271501
outdated how
>>
>>271256
There's a lot that goes into combat but a lot of that is difficult to explain and better to experience, so I'll give a brief overview in terms of resources. You've got two types of resources in combat: renewable and non-renewable.

Non-renewable resources (missiles, armor) are more powerful but obviously once you use them up they're gone. Armor can mitigate a ton of damage without affecting your flux (renewable resource we'll talk about in a minute) letting you essentially soak some damage for free while putting your own damage out, giving you a flux advantage. Missiles are situational trump cards for negating various enemy advantages but you only have so many.

Flux is the most important resource in the game and the only one that's renewable. You use it to fire your weapons, you use it to use your ship ability/system, and you use it for shields. Think of it like an inverted energy bar that everything else is tied to, the higher it gets the deeper shit you're in because you can't shield as much damage and you can't fire as many weapons. Use your non-renewable resources (armor and missiles) to give you a flux advantage when you don't already have one. Flux limits how durable you are, how damaging you are, and as a consequence how far into the enemy fleet you can extend. Learning to build for optimal flux and managing flux levels in combat via active and passive venting are the most important skills in the game.
>>
>>271256
playing the hammerhead in the tutorial will give you bad habit of charging in and going full unga
never go full unga.
>>
>>271924

this poster is WRONG
>>
>>271659
The command tutorial does not even pay lip service to setting your own waypoints to move your ships. It does not even outright tell the player you must use waypoints and escort orders to move your fleet. It basically just tells you to follow the arrows, then just take over your ship and that is it. Many regular players take it for granted but being told you have to use waypoints would massively cut down on the confusion new players have about the command interface.
>>
File: PLeagueWBg.png (25 KB, 1020x680)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
Your daily reminder, citizen.
>>
>>273190

yes goy, go die for mairaath our greatest ally. never forget the 10^6.
>>
>>268695
Tartiflette is an insufferable cocksucking no fun allowed faggot modder. Diable Avionics looks fun to play but I will never give it a try.
>>
>>273821
That's unfortunately true for like 90% of the modders for this game. A lot of great mods come from really shitty people though, my advice would be to ignore whatever retardation they get up to and enjoy the stuff they put out anyway. Except Diable, since he fucking nerfed it into the ground and ruined everything fun about it.
>>
>>273821

Is Tartiflette a tranny? Don't modders also try to push dev direction on Alex?
>>
File: 1582375715393.png (294 KB, 751x650)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>>273887
Vayra is and he deserves to be sent into gulag. Tartiflette is probably some French faglord who loves to deepthroat their own concept of "balance" and "TOURNAMENT APPROPRIATION" whatever the fuck is that tournament about.

Man, there's a lot of fun and interesting mods out there like Tahlan and Scalartech but the author is a complete cunt cockmuncher. This is why I just edit the stats of certain ships back to its playable state after the author nerfed it.
>>
>>273887

he's got a giant stick up his ass, but nonsexually
>>
>>273562
>never forget the 10^6.
kek
>>
When is the goddamn update coming?
>>
>>274657

Not soon enough. It was a bad move for Alex to post the patch notes instead of shadow updating.
>>
>>274666
He always posts the patch notes early tho
>>
File: Diktat_secret_service.png (781 KB, 880x658)
781 KB
781 KB PNG
>>273821
>>273844
>>273887
>>273920
>>274180
The balance dilemma has really fried their brains. Average mod faction:
>Its a small technocratic AI worshipping liberal-communo-fascist independant polity with German ship names and better tech than Tri-Tach. They hate the Hegemony
>adds 10 frigates whom are all dreadful
>adds 6 destroyers, half of whom are garbage
>adds 4 cruisers, 1 of which is handy
>adds 3 captials, one of whom is a fucking Onslaught reskin
>at least half of those ships have flares or burn drive
>6 fighter wings, all of whom are just Broadswords or Tridents who use the factions ordinance and have a different skin
>14 new weapons, no reason to use any of them
>at least one frigate/destroyer/cruiser is their own poor attempt at making a Hyperion, so it is a undersized hull with an overpowered overly gimmicky system and 999 supplies maintainance per month
>most ships come with a very badly thought through hullmod that makes them even shittier
>they were too lazy to download some royalty free tracks and chop them up so the faction uses default tri-tach or pirate music
>>
>>273887
>>273920
>>274750
>>274180
>>273821
ITT; /v/ermin teenagers get pissy about modders not making the free stuff the exact way they like and getting dunked on when the modders tell them to fuck off
>>
>>273190
>TRVE PERSEAN SECTOR FOR TRVE PERSEANS
>>
>tfw they cucked Diable because of an AI tournament
Fucking cancerous discordtranny
>>
>>274750
Stop posting this pasta, I've seen this exact same post about a dozen times over the past few months. Yes, it's right about most things, but we all already know and have discussed it to death.
>>
>>253664
which mod are the biggest redacted ships from?
>>
>>274806
Dilate and keep sucking those tranny modders
>>
>>274806
I just want someone to replace all ships with land vehicles, and all fighter wings with people. Replace space backdrop with land backdrops.

Is that really too much to ask? Its not like there aren't a dozen references to use for top-down vehicles.
>>
>>274806
>my vision for how this faction plays is X
>tournament comes along
>actually my vision was always Y
>another tournament
>I always envisioned them as Z and nobody liked or used X and Y anyway
Nah, go and cram a pulsar up your ass.
>>
File: Paragon.jpg (39 KB, 240x300)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>273920
>>274825
>>275065
>AI tournament
So what is this and why is it held as the true method to 'balance' everything in this game?
I mean, it's not difficult to just look at the stats for each of the ships and build around it, why bother with trusting the garbo ship AI to determine what needs a nerf or not?
>>
File: 1591654220037.jpg (1.86 MB, 1080x2976)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>275795

It's funny how you don't even need to go farther than the first paragraph to see how fucking bad the modders are.
>>
>>275795
>and why is it held as the true method to 'balance' everything in this game?
Because modders are deluded and want their factions adopted into the base game which leads to them wanting it be "balanced". They're also autists who'll gang up on those who don't revere "balance" in optional, fanmade, content for a single player game.

Seriously, the tournaments are great for spectacle and some hilarious moments but taking out the player input changes everything too much to use the results as any sort of benchmark. (You) are literally the biggest influence on a fight.
>>
The tournament environment is extremely artificial and you'd be a fool to consider it as illustrative of much of anything. I certainly don't.

t. modder
>>
>>275927
Yeah pretty sure this is spot on. If there is one thing we've seen it's that different scenarios have vastly different needs and optimizations. The tournament provides a remarkably limited use case.
>>
>>275927

Thank god Alex is smart enough to recognize this. Didn't the modders get pissed that he pretty much ignored all the feedback that came from them? I recall seeing this some time ago, I'd love if someone had links handy.
>>
Kek, Onyx was finally updated
>>
>>276176
>woman bent over getting dicked from above
i really can’t unsee it
>>
>>276855
>four-legged woman
I can't unsee either and now it disgusts me
>>
update when
>>
Usually 3 months after a changelog is posted so early 2021, depending on when we start seeing tweets of Alex actually playtesting the update.
>>
Haven't been here since the update 'preview' back in october.

Is the patch out yet?
>>
>>277128

No.
>>
>>255112
>Also, does nex have a pre-set fleet size/consist for each faction (mod and vanilla), or are mod faction fleets done individually in each mod's files?

it uses the same faction fleet prefs as vanilla. it's the same stuff as you'll find in-game for the player faction with ship size prefs, combat/carrier/phase weight, etc
>>
>>253337
did it update
didn't play in a while
>>
File: tahlan_portrait_nia.png (27 KB, 128x128)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
Stop whining and play my mods.
>>
>>277614
>playing inferior ship mods
>>
>>277614
>bricked my savefile
No thanks
>>
>>277624
Appro-chan...
Is she an HVB pilot or IBB?
>>
File: 1456328997323.png (48 KB, 661x716)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>
File: NDJpaL5.png (97 KB, 250x400)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>277744
Ok, but like, who WOULDN'T fuck this sexy bitch with the right adaptor attachments?
>>
>>277744
>pirates are too strong
So the community is to blame for the complete void of difficulty we have in the current patch?
>>
>Java
>Linked lists
>>
File: 1581385347618.png (312 KB, 425x320)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>277624

For all the whining about Approlight being "off" the mod at least creates a lot of fun stuff to fly instead of nerfing everything to the ground.
>>
>>277744
>medusas are op

truly a different time
>>
>>277835

Also

>>fighters
>>
>>277744
>>277835

The biggest tell that this is old is the fact that there isn't a single mention to the modding drama that came later. The threads on /v/ were top comfy during that time.
>>
>>277842
Modding drama is only a recent thing to be honest. I've been playing and posting about this game for 5 years now, the drama only really began about a year and a half ago. There was a minor blip of it when the NGO mod was kicked off the forum, but probably since that mod was trash anyway most people forgot about it outside of the /pol/ migrants on /v/. It wasn't until 2019 that the full autism of the modding community was unleashed.
>>
>>277614
There's something about that image by itself that I find abhorrent and insufferable.
>>
File: redacted.png (257 KB, 482x337)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
What mod is this ship from?
>>
>>278104
I think that yellow large missile on the front is from ship and weapon pack, so maybe there
>>
>>278104
That's a Solar class, I think it's from SWP. If not then try arsenal expansion, it's one of those vanilla expansion mods.
>>
Best faction got updated
>>
>>278104
>>278121
>>278421

It's from Seeker.
>>
>>278480
JESUS FUCK
>>
>>278505
Holy shit, that's fucking great.
>>
>>278505
The Chad-carrier.
>>
>>277793
Pirates are essentially an infinite group, by end game pirate stations will re-spawn immediately in front of you as you blow them up.
>>
>>278493
Actually this is right. I haven't used Seeker yet but it isn't the Solar, it just looked like one because whoever made this ship basically took that model from SWP and flipped it 180 degrees.
>>
>>277842
The biggest tell is >2011+5
>>
when is this game going to get a fucking multiplayer mod its such a fucking waste
>>
>>278993
Check back in the next millennia
>>
Fuck you Nia
>>
>>278493
Thanks
>>
>>278993
there's a co-op combat mod if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>279088
no i want pvp and multiple player factions
i dont care if you would have to basically pause the macro part of the game whenever a player is in combat
>>
>>278480
>>278505
>other mods
>"Uhmmm, you cannot use licensed music or pictures! we might get sued! ;)"
>KoT dev
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s7hPi6lwsw
Best faction by far, though i don't like some of the new ruling class hightech ships he has. Would be better if all of them remained no-tech caveman engineering.
>>
Looks like I'll be adding KoT and Approlight to my next playthrough based on these posts. They look fun.
>>
>>279110
Or you could do instancing for player combat, like what MMOs do, but I'm not sure how feasible that is for the code base used with StarSector.
>>
I know this has been asked before, but can I get the link for the pre-Pandemonium nerf version of Diable (ie. when it was actually entertaining to use)? Can't seem to google it up.
>>
>>279110
>no i want pvp
Seek another game.
>>
>>266591
mod name? Particularly the red torps.
>>
>>279151
>but I'm not sure how feasible that is for the code base used with StarSector.

the engine aggressively assumes a single player. network multiplayer is not happening.
>>
>>279206
tes3mp blocks your path
>>
>>279225

shut the fuck up retard
>>
>>278993
Why do people always want multiplayer attached to everything? Its gonna be ass unless the game is made from the ground up with it in mind.
>>
>>279306
Twitch babbies. Multiplayer SS already exists, it's called EVE Online.
>>
>>279225
tes3mp required the game to be entirely built in a new engine. OpenMW isn't a mod, it's literally a new engine built specifically to run the same game but better. So sure, if you want to go remake the entire game from scratch and then include multiplayer go for it.
>>
>>279311
That might be feasible actually. Almost all the space and commerce stuff is background calculations, the graphics are all essentially 2D objects interacting on a picture backdrop. That wouldn't mean it wouldn't take a while you'd have to aggressively optimize your code for multiplayer in mind and do everything from the ground up with at least C++.
>>
>>279328
I don't know enough about coding to know whether it's feasible or not, just that it's actually going to be a ton of effort if someone does try it and that using tes3mp as some sort of example of making a singleplayer game multiplayer is stupid because it's an exception that took a dedicated team of modders a decade and a half to achieve. Starsector might be easier to rebuild than Morrowind, but comparing the two is absurd.
>>
>>279328

this retard has no idea what he's talking about
>>
>>279343
I made no comparisons to tes3mp in my assessment.
>>279370
StarSector uses Java so I already understand most of how it works already, which is why I can post that with confidence.
>>
>>279328
>do everything from the ground up with at least C++.
how long has alex been working on this game? that's a several year investment to rebuild everything from scratch with mp in mind, not saying that you can't do that but good luck finding the time/energy for that. maybe just an mp arena like the ship simulations would be a good start
>>
>>279472
I don't know Alex personally so I couldn't say what he actually did through those years in actual time coding vs his personal life. However, copying gameplay mechanics cuts back time significantly then trying to come up with everything yourself. As for why Java needs to be dropped for C++ (or even just C) is primarily because of built in .Net frameworks that already come with Windows, and C/++ memory consumption vs Java. Java is absolutely shit for anything but hosting stuff server side, it is too much of a resource hog and must be thrown out completely if you want more then 2-4 players in the same game.
> maybe just an mp arena like the ship simulations would be a good start
Instancing.
>>
>>279310
eve is nothing like starsector
>>
Multiplayer would be nothing but doom/tachyon lance spam anyway
>>
>>279816
They'd also all be fighting for the monopoly of selling supplies to the Luddic Path.
>>
>>279816
inhouse rules could solve such issues very easily
>>
File: 18.png (210 KB, 699x447)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>279822
>ban doom
>fighter spam now rules the game
>>
>>279840
fighter spam only works vs ai who is too dumb to position screening
>>
>>279846
Jesus fucking Christ the game would be boring that way.
The micro needed to put a ring of heavy armored screeners with Tachyon around your strikers which would all be carriers is mindboggling and would turn every encounter into an absolute drag.
>>
>>279865
you definitely wouldnt need a full 360 degrees

command points and scout vessels would obviously be much, much more valuable however
>>
On the multiplayer topic, Starsector could really, really use online coop. Yeah I know some mechanics like time dilation kinda shit on it but I don't give a fuck, it would be incredibly fun to fuck things up with only 2 ships perfectly coordinating.
>>
File: Luddic_path.png (58 KB, 410x256)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>279840
>blocks your path
>>
>>279919
That's the thing though. Imagine that you didn't and your opponent brought 2 dooms, or any type of shifter. Even that little frigate whore that EMPs you on hull hits. It would be enough to break your line with a focused assault.

The current combat pressure levels are such that any collaborative strategy from the opponent's side would force a very planned response from you.
Heavy carriers? Screening. And even there it would have to be concerted screening against a concerted attack. I don't think you could save an Onslaught against a tight stream of 18 bombers with just 1 screening craft. But what if the opponent has no fighters at all? Suddenly half of your ships have wasted half their OP and find themselves at a considerable disadvantage.
The balance of power is seriously tilted towards the AI in this game because *you* have to account for every strategy available (which currently is limited to aggressive/line/cautious in vanilla) while the AI only needs to account for a singular fleet. MP with the current system would turn into rock / paper / scissors as a result.
>>
File: funnies-allahu-akbar.webm (2.68 MB, 480x270)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB WEBM
>>280086
>Paths your Ludd
>>
>>280750
Considering you can see a person's fleet beforehand. The latest in fleet makeups for the week would need to be kept up to date through socializing with players, if you fail to keep up suddenly everyone is using paper while you're still using rock. This might be really interesting to think about.
>>
>>280815
Yeah but you can't really fly back to base and restyle your fleet if you find something in the outskirts.
>>
Whats a good setup for the dominator i always get shreded by massive pirate fleets.
>>
is there any way to farm alpha cores effectively? I sometimes take down large groups of remnants and only get gamma or nothing at all, and i wanna colonize the entire sector
>>
>>283841
Dominator is terrible against swarming. It can barely turn on a good day, and the traditional setup with heavy heavy heavy armor will further reduce maneuverability. This makes the ship an excellent liner but fucking atrocious at anything else.
>>
File: Capture.png (528 KB, 1038x667)
528 KB
528 KB PNG
>>283841

double gauss, gunnery implants officer and escorts
double ACG, multineedler + hellbore with aux thrusters and an officer with +maneuverability
missleracks and triple harpoon pods with a missile officer.
safety overrides plus whatever
or if you've got really big balls, pic related
>>
>>284178

not really. just keep killing ordos.

or, just start a new game. you'll have more fun that way.
>>
Jesus Christ how many fucking Onslaughts variation are there?
>>
>>286216
Not enough
>>
>>286216
The Onslaught is David's Magnum Opus, there is just nothing else he could design that will ever top it.
>>
File: oc.png (185 KB, 288x384)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>286216

one more now
>>
>>286216
Is there a Dassault Mikoyan white Onslaught or any pink Onslaught?
>>
>>286216
More Legion variants when?
>>
File: legion.png (175 KB, 300x308)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>286672

when you make 'em brah. get cracking.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.