[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 74 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: orientalempires.jpg (1.27 MB, 3546x1313)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>arguably the best 4x over the past couple of years
>barely known
best 4x coming true, if you don't know it shame on you, and go fucking try it
would be cool if we got a /vst/ game going on, what you anons think?
>>
File: 1603666272196.png (1.51 MB, 1110x821)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>235004
>>
>>235004
how do I not suck at combat in this game
>>
>>235076
by git gud
or jsut practicing or whatever, seriously tho, anyone up for a game?
>>
>>235004
Sell me on it
>>
>>235379
imagine hex map civ building style with the depth of combat of total war

>>235076
seriously just try to think like an actual general, what have you been doing?
>>
>>235004
It's pretty good but what is the best way to make income?
>>
>>235578
The advice I got from some dude on steam was to essentially create "regions" by surrounding one city with pottery/bronze/market etc with a few cities purely dedicated to farming with maybe a market. They all get access to bronze and pottery and trade it, but you only need to pay the upkeep for one city, and as they grow it's more people buying and trading. It seems to work too, though the most reliable way of getting money I've found is still to just get as many people as possible and tax them.
>>
How is the Three Kingdoms DLC?
>>
>>235033

Is this good or bad?
>>
>>235578
>>235599
shit advice
first of all, feed people, population tax is the primary way to getting bucks at first, along with passing civics that improve it
when your population reaches a certain threshold (for each city), you can start building markets, this threshold is at the point where income from the city itself is enough to sustain the market own upkeep,
then as more cities grown nearby, they get a bonus trading with each other, this alone is enough to make it worth it, the longer distance the better, and as such river trading is preferential

hen to really make the big buck via trading, you want to specialize each city to produce a certain trade good, this can depend on locational bonuses, like the clay for pottery, copper for forging, and so on
the idea is one only one of such city specialized in a trade good, and then use caravansaries to spread your trade network, these are very expensive so its only advisable when you really have a long reach
specially when neighboring other empires and having superior culture, you can make big bucks exporting goods
this can become a huge source income, double the value of taxes, sometimes triple, and allows for supporting huge armies
>>
>>236141
How do you get superior culture?
>>
File: Chinks History.png (19 KB, 658x183)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>235004
No one cares about chinks
>>
>>236171
>>>/v/
Go home.
>>
i got bored in 8 turns
give me my 2 giga of bandwitch back
>>
>>236317
t. mentally deficient
>>
>>236146
can you, like read?
its not like there is no in-game help
>>
>>
these are pics from my last game last years (damn time went by)
it shows how my trade was setup, red are river trading, blue is land routes
>>
>>235479
>depth of combat of total war
what? I dont know if smth change over the years since I've last played it but that sounds very wrong
>>
>>237268
so, what did you know?
>>
>>235599
>>236141
I can always try both the advice you guy's gave me. I really enjoy the game just can't keep my income up much.
>>
>>238458
>I really enjoy the game just can't keep my income up much
the trick is keeping your upkeep under control
don't hire more armies than you need, militia is good for disbanding as soon as you don't need it
all buildings require high upkeep so only build them when you really must
>>
File: chinese_man12_young.png (45 KB, 140x182)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
Anyone know any other ways to mod and/or pseudo-mod the game?

>https://mega.nz/file/gokG2LLC#wNCaQYLM8bwyVVLODQTHa3q8dUFndPrA-pD6pwh_gHk
The above are some folder edits to replace vanilla portraits with unused sengoku portraits in the game, you could theoretically add any kind of custom portraits to the game with this method by the way by copying the naming scheme.
Folders location: Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Oriental Empires\Oriental Empires_Data\StreamingAssets
[b]Instructions:[\b]
First rename the folders Three_Kingdoms and Leader_Portraits to whatever. Then download and drop the Three_Kingdoms_S and Leader_Portraits_S folders into StreamingAssets, take off the '_S' from the end of the new folders and that should replace the portraits when you relaunch the game. For some reason there is a minor bug where exactly the second leader you get has no portrait but after that it works perfectly. Keep in mind that you could make your own folder with custom portraits using the same naming conventions.
Pic related
>>
>>238092
Not him, but the combat is pure shit
>>
i played this game when it was like, just released on early access, and literally every empire fell to rebels within 100 turns, and i was barely scraping by fighting off rebellion after rebellion. game was FUCKED back then. i dropped it and totally forgot about it until i saw this thread
>>
>>239694
how so?

>>239690
I'm pretty sure there official means of modding, it does have a workshop
>>
>>240092
Can only post maps/scenario made with official game editor. All the core files of how the game functions are proprietary and innacessible (besides the leader portraits and some artwork)
>>
My main criticism is the complete lack of real meaningful differences between the factions, I understand it's all one land and so that's probably fairly accurate, but other than location on the map there seems little difference between them.

I like a lot about the game though and would like to see some of the ideas expanded upon in a setting that allowed for more flavour and diversity between the factions, ancient Europe would be an obvious choice.
>>
The design is so full of SOUL, but every time I play it, I just get to a point where I remember that what I really want to play is Civ.
>>
File: 1601201525565.png (8 KB, 558x136)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>236171
>>
>>241696
true, the game would gain a lot with proper mod support

>>241870
that's what you get for balance, its there is quite a big difference in play style, specially army composition and/or tech progress when you get to late game
a more western setting could be cool, but the core mechanics are really solid

>>241894
>I just want to play civ
shit taste desu
>>
>>242047
>holy league of cumsburg ceds schiffel-buttel to the grand duchy of huebong-lolland
ugh... what could have been...
>>
File: 1597589572397.jpg (577 KB, 1920x1080)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
Are textiles and silks considered different? I built weaving workshops in all my towns, but I'm researching silk because one of my town has these trees that gives +30% silk production, so I want to know if it's interesting.

Might have to research potteries after that.
>>
>>243578
Yeah, silk and textiles are separate exports. Its usually worth it to build a silk workshop if there are mulberries around, if not I don't bother.
>>
>>243708
Mulberries, right. Still trying to figure out if the game is like Total War or like Civ, vut l have a big army.
>>
>>243578
I don't remember quite right so you'll have to check, the tooltips say exactly what they do
if the the gives a new building or resource, its probably an upgrade building to textiles though
>>
>>239754
>literally every empire fell to rebels within 100 turns, and i was barely scraping by fighting off rebellion after rebellion
sound kino
>>
>>243776
It's historically accurate.
>>
>>235004
this game is boring as fuck and not even close to the best 4x
>>
File: RTSCHAD.jpg (23 KB, 1200x675)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>235004
Now this is game I would really like to know more: how it is? What aspects of the strategy simulation are favored: military or economy? What are its pros and cons?

I'm genuinely interested into sinking a few hours on it

You are all truly wonderful, have a good one!!!
>>
>>245155
Economy, mostly. Military is a bit complicated, since you can't interfere directly and have to rely on your inept generals.
>>
>>245155
hey sseth, disregard >>245175

its pretty balanced, you need to have an economy to support big military, and you need a big military to crush your enemies (and avoid getting crushed by them)
economy has a lot of depth requiring you to setup actual trade routes, hubs, export your chinky chinaware and make lots of bucks while you dominate nearby cultures with your cheap product

the military aspect has a lot of depth as well, movement play out simultaneously at end of turn, so you gotta plan your strategy ahead and see it unfold, formation matters, and sometimes you can see huge armies several tiles wide confronting each other into a bloody massacre, sieges can also be pretty dramatic taking several turns to see which side gives in first
>>
>>245696
DO NOT DISREGARD THE SPIDER
ECONOMY IS MORE IMPORTANT
>>
File: spider_poster.jpg (302 KB, 704x672)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
I would love to see a sseth video about this, but I think the memetic potential is too small
what do you guys say we could do to spice it up
>>
>>245829
hey hey people look at these trade routs *le ebin rubbing hands man for 5 minutes straight*
>>
>>245829
Trade, money, and finding the China equivalent ho Sseth's people, the jews.
>>
>>242047
you can tell a seething leftoid wrote this
>>
>>245829
You mean beyond all the trading, exploiting natural ressources, driving endangered species to extinction, refusing to acknowledge Taiwan as a country, sending unarmored peasants to fight for you to build a bigger palace, and committing all kind of warcrimes of top of attracting fucking Spiderfag here, of all people? Nah, no meme material.

FREE TIBET!!
>>
>>245912
>refusing to acknowledge Taiwan as a country
Taiwan is literally not a country. Even Taiwanese themselves acknowledged that. Taiwan is just a province of China that is temporarily under a different government than the rest of China.
>>
>>245920
Spoken like a true Chinamen. Go eat a dog and get eaten by a jiangshi.
>>
>>245912
true, I guess using peasants as literal currency to fuel your empire growth is accurate, and well represented in game
>>
>>246018
>inb4 he compares the Chinese economy to Moloch
>>
>>245920
>Even Taiwanese themselves acknowledged that

They don't have much choice.
It is either keeping the fake RoC shell alive or being invaded.
>>
I liked the mechanics but not being able to scale the ui makes it way too tiny above 1080p.
>>
File: ChineseChad.jpg (142 KB, 1600x981)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>245696
>>245175
excellent tips, bredda

I can't wait to impersonate my autistic version of Qin Shi Huangdi and conquer ALL OF CHINA!!!!
>>
File: ChairmanXi.jpg (40 KB, 777x400)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>245920
Thank you, comrade

The mighty Chairman Xi is pleased
>>
If any gook reads this, then June 4, 1989 Tiananmen square massacre
>>
>>245155
>>245696
Military aspect of the game is pure trash, redownloaded the game to see if its changed over the years and... it's still complete shit
A real shame though, because the Economy and city building is really fleshed out and fun
>>
>>246335
do you have any argument at all to say that yourself (and thus taste and/or ability to play the game) is not pure trash?
>>
>>246337
Why do you blame the messenger?
>>
>>246354
> you momma a slut and you a retarded child
don't blame the messenger
>>
>>246589
So you're retarded, got it.
>>
>>246779
I just provided as much argument as you did
>>
>>246833
Nah, you're just playing dumb and strawmanning, which is pathetic and pitiful.
>>
>>246850
I'm the one strawmanning?
I asked why you thought the combat was trash and you still haven't answered it
therefor one can only conclude its just own opinion, your own shitty opinion
>>
>>246884
>I asked why you
Where?
>>
>>246890
>>246337
>do you have any argument at all
>>
File: file.png (3 KB, 349x93)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>246934
That wasn't me. You've been talking to 2 different people, and you can't even tell.
>>
>>245829
I can't stand Sseth. He always speaks like he has a huge fake smile over his face and yet is one hair away from stabbing you.
>>
>>246945
no joke? that was me pointing the question
so my apologies, it is obvious to me now that you have mental retardation, I shouldn't have expected proper reading comprehension
>>
>>246337
>>246884
I don't think I'm alone here when I say the combat in this game is shit.
'Disappointing' is probably more fitting, the battle mechanics look slapped together at best and really ruin the experience of the game
>>
>247023
>more name calling and backpedaling
Yawn
>>
>>247137
What fucking newfag formating is this?
>>
>247138
Seethe more, cuck.
>>
File: newfag-detected.jpg (44 KB, 300x300)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>247140
>shitty formating
>seethe
>>
File: looks1.jpg (15 KB, 320x240)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>247058
again, it seems that your only argument is
>its shit, I feel like I didn't like it
it would help if you could elaborate on what is bad about it, what were you expecting or what could make it better
>>
>>247266
Why bother explain anything to you? You already proved that you only want to stir up shit.
>>
>>247289
I was hoping it could actually say what is bad about, but clearly that's not your intent, so I'm not the one who just trying to "stir shit up", nor did I pulled a statement out of my ass without any explanation
just say its already it your own fucking opinion
>>
>>247317
>tries to stir up shit
>get called out
>"s-s-stop trying to stir up shit!!"
>>
File: bait_destroyer.png (68 KB, 625x626)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>talks shit out of his arse
>drags on shitposting for days
>still haven't provided a single argument
>hurr you're trying to stirr shit up
ok senpai
>>
>can't handle honest criticism
>switches between childish name-calling, goalposts moving, and gaslighting
Yep, it's a drone.
>>
So what how the fuck does the military part of the game work? Is it good, is it bad? Stop shitposting and answer me
>>
>>247436
It's shit. Think Endless Legend, except it's full AI.
>>
>>245829
That guy over-edits his stuff to all hell. Had a hard time processing what even was going on in caves of qud because he refused to hold on something without zoom-panning and throwing le funny maymays on screen every second.
>>
>>247451
That too, yeah. He doesn't really review games, he just acts like a buffoon.
>>
>>245920
That anti-Chinese /vst/-/jp/ coalition option is looking really attractive right now
>>
File: ur_retarded.jpg (118 KB, 489x400)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>247392
just stating something is shit isn't criticism anon, like:
>you're retarded!
is not criticism, is just my opinion of you

>>247451
that's kinda the point, he just goes with the main narrative by voice, but the little memes he hides on plain sight are the gems
>>
>tranny STILL can't let it go
Yikes.
>>
>>247436
unfortunately I don't my old picture anymore, but I started a game and can post some later

but basically, think historical total war, but turn based with hex-tiles
you can stack up to 8 units in a single tile, but since unit movement is simultaneous at end of turn, its more important to compose a front line over several tiles
so in a way, formation matters, putting archers to fire first, calvary to flank, terrain constraints and whatnot
then there are unit tiers, peasants are scrub, but great for throwing into the grinder, then you get noble fluffs, and then professional armies, which are pretty unique and strong, but at the same time expensive and hard to train

cities are another matter entirely, they can grow to occupy all 7 tiles surrounding it, they have 4 entrances (one for each cardinal direction)
for a city to surrender all it takes a single enemy unit to enter it, so technically you need at least units defending it
however walls protect it, which means a invader has to break a hole in the wall before trying to go in, which becomes all the more difficult when walls upgrade from wall to ram earth to brick
which means late game sieges are massive, requiring you to bring huge armies and siege weapons and still take several turns to breach
>>
>>247693
Good summary anon. It's a really innovative system honestly, though it does have its janky moments
>>
>>247812
Innovative doesn't mean good.
>>
here is a close up, smashing up some bandits,
and a good example of janky as well,
there are two batts of peasants fighting other two bandit peasants,
but there is on noble unit to the side there that just took too long to engage
>>
here is another example more or less on the same scheme, however this is three units of peasants on the frontline, you can clearly see as one is just sitting there
this is somewhat by design, it will engage if it finds another unit going for the front, it does gang up on the nearby unit but a bit too late
though there is also a noble unit going for the flank order, its just behind the tree near the river
>>
the noble unit goes the right way around but just takes way too long (thus why calvary unit are the best for flanking orders)
we can also one of the units of peasants just sitting there, also after another unit lost because the one nearby it wouldn't help

so there is definitely jank, takes a bit getting used to, but once you become familiar with it, it goes smoothly
its generally better to give same orders to all units in a row (you can have up to four lines per tile), so each row of units act together,
but overall, all of this advice is overkill, once you understand the mechanics you really don't need to go overly micro about it
numbers and troop quality play a larger role, and higher level strategy is even more important, like having a proper front line or surrounding the enemy on multiple fronts, pursuing with calvary and etc
>>
>>247990
How do you give orders to units?
>>
>>235004
Is this just Emperor: Rise of middle kingdom?
>>
>>247993
No. Emperor is a city builder. This is a 4X, like Gladius or Warlock. Or Endless Legend.
It doesn't even feature shitty English!
>>
>>247992
when you select an army its those controls at bottom center of the screen
and read the goddamn manual, its the "i' button up top
>>
File: file.png (927 KB, 1920x1040)
927 KB
927 KB PNG
>>247996
>read the manual
Ew no, these are either in English (yuck!!), are pdfs (doubleyuck!!), or are ingame browser like the Total War games.
>>
chinky bump
>>
which dlc should i buy?
>>
>>249983
All.
>>
>>246991
He is an African warlord, after all
>>
>>247473
>When you are a genius of comedy but everyone believes you’re a buffoonish imbecile
>>
>>250461
Let's just say it's difficult to make your own ideas based on his videos, alll you have is his opinion.
Through l'm not eager to try Evencicle after
>>
>>250507
it's almost impossible to make your own idea about a game just by judging from what he says about it.

99% of time his reviews are just nothing more than a continuous stream of meme but, to be fair, one of two useful information manage to filter through and they are generally good hints. To be more specific, I genuinely appreciate his reviews of Arcanum and Emperor: they had several useful details and they actually spur me to reinstall both games.

I have nothing else to say about him, though. Mandalore is much more reliable as a reviewer
>>
>>250539
His reviews are funny and excites your curiosity, but they help very little to see if you'll actually like the game.
Also, your formatting is cancer and I can't tell if you meant to quote me or not.
>>
>>250542
>Also, your formatting is cancer and I can't tell if you meant to quote me or not

Be careful, anon, your mental retardation is showing
>>
File: dvfdbfsb.jpg (9 KB, 240x240)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>250580
Is it safe to allow mentally retarded people to operate with fairly complex electrical devices? Isn't there the risk for them to electrocute themselves?
>>
>>250586
Incidents with downs on the workplace are always highly likely: I remember a guy from my city who was an electrician and he had to employ a down in his group in order to fulfill diversity quota. The poor retard, briefly left unattended, grabbed a screwdriver and started running around with it in his hands. You can imagine what happened next: few minutes after, he tripped and stabbed himself right in the throat. It goes without saying that the poor bastard died of bleeding in a matter of few moments. I recollect that his employer got even sued by his family for negligence but what do you expect when you take in an actual retard?

Fuck this society....
>>
>>250507
he doesn't really review video games, he makes meme reviews about meme games with a hint of truth here and there, check out his Honey Select video, or the Elona one
>>
File: BloodOmen.jpg (18 KB, 422x469)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>250620
Indeed, Sseth's videos are extremely focused on meme content with only few useful information here and there. Also, years ago was much edgier and his style was strongly over the top riddled with tons of racism and delicate topics. Nowadays Sseth is much more tamed and correct

>>250539
Usually Mandalore's reviews are dedicated to very obscure games (with few exceptions like Empire Earth or similar) but if you are genuinely interested in such titles I have to admit that he is a strong source of information. For instance, his Blood Omen review was right on spot and it really made me miss that old pearl of a game
>>
>>250649
I love Blood Omen, the first game was one of the coolest shit ever made in the videogame industry. Too bad the second one was pure vomit
>>
>>250657
>Too bad the second one was pure vomit
I didn't mind BO2. Gameplay-wise it was the one of the more solid ones, definately more fun to play than Defiance or SR 2. It still doesn't hold a candle to BO1, but I don't think it's bad, per se.
>>
>>250679
Very poor when compared to BO1 but still better than that confused mess that was Defiance, I agree. The real problem I have with BO2 is how weak was Kain in comparison to the absolute might he had in the first game where you could maim, mutilate and decimate tons of enemies in a row with your awesome powers. In the second game Kain felt so weak and even in the conclusion of the game, at the peak of your capabilities, you were so underwhelming. Yet again, the gameplay was super varied and complex compared to Defiance where the only power Kain has is a shitty Telekinesis
>>
>>239550
>a Chinese game that discourages building infrastructure
This displeases Moh Zi.
>>
>>247266
I think if they made the combat not shit, that would greatly improve the game
>>
>>251546
Noooooo don't criticize that game!!!
>>
>>251546
educate yourself first
>>
>>251766
How rich, coming from the ESL.
>>
This thread makes me want to re-install the game. Will my save from ~1-2 months around release still work
>>
>>252465
How rich coming from the EOP.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (866 KB, 1920x1080)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
>end turn
>AI offers me money and a fraternal harmony pact
>accept because why not
>right after I accept they pull this shit
NEVER TRUST A CHINK
>>
>>252990
>no u
Pitiful.
>>
>>252929
probably, but I doubt you will want to continue it
>>
bump
>>
>>254639
Bump the return
>>
>>255690
Just let the thread die, the game's not worth talking about
>>
>>255702
Shit bait desu
>>
>>255690
I'm taking a break while playing another game, probably will get back to it
but meanwhile if someone wants to do share a lets play
>>
>>235004
I wish it was easy to mod, there's so many other scenarios this game style could've been applied to.
>>
>>255807
Like what?
Out of curiosity.
>>
>>257340
Rome or the dark ages
>>
>>245912
autonomous province of Taiwan*
>>
>>257469
Them fighting words.
>>
When should I start making troops in that game?
>>
>>260916
>When should I start making troops in that game?
in what game?
>>
>>262666
In that game.
>>
File: englishmf.jpg (62 KB, 625x439)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>262714
in *this* game
>>
>>260916
as soon as possible, and get walls around your cities as soon as possible too. AI has no problems declaring war early and snatching poorly defended cities from you
>>
ok i just got this game should i play random map or grand camp
>>
File: automate.png (1.85 MB, 1750x1036)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
What should one automate? What does automanage even do?
>>
>>264582
actual china, I didn't know the game even had a random map
>>
>>264582
definitely try grand campaign first, at least until you're comfortable with the game mechanics
custom maps I think are mostly good for multiplayer

>>264586
automated farming and technology are obvious answer, they will just pick whatever the AI feels like
automated settlements I'm not sure what it affects, but it goes on how you like to play the game,
I however leave everything manual, as the game doesn't much micro at all as it is
>>
File: cao cao.png (1.91 MB, 1920x1088)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
>>245829
I'd rather watch Mandalore review it
>>
File: laughs7.webm (1007 KB, 1280x720)
1007 KB
1007 KB WEBM
>>264732
I rather have sseth, but I wouldn't mind a Mandalore either
either way, feels like barely anyone in youtube ever saw this game
I don't even know how I got to know it in the first place
>>
File: Cao Cao on Yuan Shao.webm (2.73 MB, 480x266)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB WEBM
>>264777
>I don't even know how I got to know it in the first place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKFXamM8m-A&list=PLeunFtMS5KNIEDBzTAFbKURY2fk8MpI5B
for me it was Devin(the narrator from Kings and Generals)
>>
>>264732
>>264777
>>264802
I can't make head or tail of that guy, and that makes me uneasy.
>>
File: sad cao cao.png (1.4 MB, 1366x768)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>264833
he was too pure for this world
https://youtu.be/NjP8_KdtlO0
curse Liu Bei curse Sun Quan
>>
>>264802
hue I love the close up of Xu Chu trying to tally those big numbers in his head
>>
>>264833
t. Yuan "JUST" Shao
>>
File: Xun Yu & Xu Chu.webm (1.09 MB, 720x400)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB WEBM
>>264845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGsy9Zn9Z4o
he was a good lad
>>
>>264848
>luv me Wei
>luv me Cao Ahman
>luv me crops
>simple as
>>
>>264838
Liu Bei is based, though. Cao Cao is pragmatic on a level that challenges Torment's Nameless One.
>>
File: da4.jpg (17 KB, 375x375)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>264886
>Liu Bei is based, though
>>
File: thishowitbethen.jpg (33 KB, 567x591)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>247451
>>247473
>>250507
>>250539
>looking for serious critiques of games from a comedian that only really covers games he likes and is biased to
I... I mean, sometimes the comedy writes itself
>>
>>264981
>days later
>fanboy still seething
Grow up.
>>
File: babyball.webm (1.44 MB, 850x360)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB WEBM
>>264886
>Liu Bei is based
citation needed
>>
>>264802
what movie is this btw?
thinking back I think it was still infinity and people got talking about it just after release
>>
>>264995
not him but you must be a legit autist to take Sseth seriously even after one video, honestly. It's like watching Top Gear and expect it to be Fifth Gear
>>
File: angry Cao Cao.webm (1009 KB, 1280x720)
1009 KB
1009 KB WEBM
>>265388
it's a tv show, Three Kingdoms(2010)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmxJCPxmL7k
all the episodes are on youtube if you don't feel like torrenting
>>
>>265733
how heavy is it in chink propaganda? or how heavily soap opera?
>>
>>265485
>not him but
Stop reading here. People butting in a conversation to defend a guy who totally isn't them are the worst.
>>
>>265733
>blocked in your country
Time to get that NorthVPN everyone shills.
>>
>>266132
>time to get that northVPN
not getting that *torrenting* every pirate raves so much about
>>
>>267160
If I download them, I'll have to watch them at work.
>>
>>257340
Anything imo, Ancient mesopotamia and middle ages middle east are just two quick examples considering there are few games in this scenario
>>
>>265837
You'd need to cherrypick to see political propaganda in this show but anything is possible if you're paranoid enough. I watched the whole show and didn't see anything that reminded me of the PRC
>>
>>265837
>>267175
the show routinely depicts communist traitors such as Cao Cao and Yuan Shu
>>
>>267169
why?
>>
>>267198
Because downloading them and watching them at home is dumb.
>>
File: why.webm (566 KB, 456x250)
566 KB
566 KB WEBM
>>267199
>>
>>267193
how is Cao Cao a Communist traitor in the show? You can apply concepts in retrospect, sure, but the very concept of communism shouldn't be discussed in relation to the show at all because it's not present in it
>>
>>267232
Because at home, I can play vidua games. I can't do that at work.
>>
>>267296
he uses tactics frequently employed by CPC
>>
>>267306
take your Ritalin
>>
File: 7nzdt7lp83nz.jpg (249 KB, 607x608)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>267319
>winning is a tactic frequently employed by the CPC
Not according to any history book I've read but you do you.
>>
>>267306
>Because at home, I can play vidua games. I can't do that at work
Yet, after enough promotion you can play vidya all you want and if anything happens to your projects you can blame faggots under you
>>
>>235004
should I reinstall this?
>>
File: zen.jpg (134 KB, 552x621)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>268316
such deep is the question of life
>>
>>236171
I lol'd
>>
>>236171
>>242047
>historyfags
>>
>>245861
You can tell that whoever wrote it it is more familiar with European history than you are, so make of that what you will

oh sorry I meant "cope and seethe," didn't mean to sound pompous and faggy in front of you
>>
Just picked this up with the expansion packs, where do I start
>>
>>235004
>Oriental
Come back when i can play in Europe
>>
>>269149
same but just do grand campaign and automate as much as possible, then slowly dont automate. Farm automation rarely puts you at a disadvantage btw
>>
This game really is great
also I was amazed when I installed it and it took like 3 minutes because the game is only 2 measly gigabytes, it's not an overly bloated pile of nonsense.
>>
>>265837
It's not propaganda at all, it's just very Chinese, hopefully you can handle that big boy ;) It is pretty soapy, in a decidedly manly way though since there's like two women in the whole series. The camp factor reminds me in a weird and good way of Star Trek. except the production value is quite a bit better and there's a plot etc.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpZlil5WyUU
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM2GKSsgDA0
>>
>>268913
and this is the seething leftoid trying to force his meme
>>
>>269364

just kill yourself already fucking ameriretard, stick a fucking knive in your guts and twist it
>>
>>269306
>>269321
Nice dolphin porn.
>>
>>269242
That's always a nice bonus, means I can actually leave it installed on my gaymen SSD when I want to play something else which invariably has a 100+ GB install footprint (fuck you Total War!)
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/app/357310/Oriental_Empires/

its like -80% discount for me so i grabbed it
i better have fucking fun with it
>>
>>235033
>implying
>>
>>272454
You should. Normally. I think.
>>
>>272454
Tell us your opinion on the battles
>>
>>272519
It's a complete mess.
>>
>>272521
multiplayer are more fun. Also having units splitted into few hexes instead of going with powerstack is better
>>
>>272578
If l wanted 1UpT bullshit, I'd play Warlock.
>>
>>272521
>It's a complete mess.
no its not, are you honestly not self fagging?
>>
>>266129
not him but you must be a legit autist to take offense to a different anon replying to your braindead posts on a public forum.
>>
>>273095
You sound upset.
>>
>>273205
not him, but you sound like a schizo retard
>>
>>273601
Why are you so angry? Take a deep breath.
>>
>>273601
not him, and as I agree with you there is no need to continue this like that, isn't it?
>>
>>272454
>6 bux
eh
do i need the DLC?
>>
killink chink farmers as NOMAD BVLLS is part of the experience
>>
>>273603
not him, but he doesn't sound angry at all
>>
>>273942
not really, I still haven't got it, afaik the dlc is only another campaign with specific factions
that being said, I do intend to buy it eventually
>>
>>274179
He definitely is, though.
>>
>>274010
yeah I'm going to do a nomad playthrough next, I really got the chink farmer experience having to fend off their raids and slowly expand my bugfarms while they settled all across the plains with impunity
>>
So for you faggots who still don't seem to grasp combat, here is a rule of thumb:
keep archers at front row, with skirmish stance
with main soldiers at second row standard attack
if calvary use the flank stance, they work better in their own row
if with leader, leave him at the back with defend-support, they tend to get killed

cav is also good on its own separate stack with charge instance
and then for everything else (crossbow, horse archer, mixed units) you make your own strategy
>>
also look at this fucking map sooo many cities, resource spread is pretty shit tho
>>
And AI keeps asking gibs city
>>
>>276910
>keep archers at front row, with skirmish stance
So that they can't retreat through the infantry line, what a good idea :^)
>>
>>235004
I bought this earlier in the week when I saw the thread, booted it up and thought it looked like a bland civ rip off but the moment you press turn and see everything play out in realtime in an actual realistic scale and yea I can already say this game was worth the $6 and is underrated as fuck
>>
>>235004
Redpill me on this game. How does it compare to civ 4? Are late game existent or it's the same brain dead blobbing like in tw/paradox
>>
>>279117
Based onionboy.

>>279281
Never played Civ4, but I can tell you it does combat differently than Civ4 and Civ5. You can have doomstacks, but it isn't an optimal strategy, and yet the game isn't a 1UpT like Civ5.
It's a game where you specialize your towns, and then link them together for mad dosh.
>>
File: Human Shrek.jpg (100 KB, 716x704)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>Thread is almost a month old
>Still getting bumped
>>
>>278496
wow you must be really of yourself posting about shit you have no idea at all
the meelee lines goes forward, try to play the game for once
>>
>>279281
big civ4 player here, and I love this game
the two don't compare at all, its a very bold original take on 4x,
>simultaneous movement at end of turn
>no workers
>units are draft not produced
>building shit is done separately per segment
>and building requires free population
>cities can grow to a huge scale and take over 5 tile radius
>strategic armies (think of a doom stack limited to 8 units but with formations)
>>
>>279435
>>279936
i hope im not being baited on all these praises anons... it's literally 80% off.
>>
>>279970
Just try it.
>>
>>279936
>>279979
not him, but how micro heavy is it? it reminds me of the hegemony series, which were great but got really annoying midgame when you had to do every single thing manually
and how restrictive is the turn based stuff? usually dont like turn based because it abstracts too much gameplay wise (1 unit per hex type shit)
>>
>>279992
>and how restrictive is the turn based stuff?
Turn-based orders, but all units move at once, so it's not like the Endless games where units move "in real time" and then you wait one turn for their movement to be recharged.
>>
>>279998
thanks, sounds a lot better than most turn based shit where it just feels like slowly inching towards something i planned 10 turns ago
ill give it a buy considering how cheap it is
>>
>>279992
>not him, but how micro heavy is it?
not at all, it's not real time with pause so there's no micro to speak of. In terms of midgame tedium, managing farm construction on tons of cities can get old but you can automate that
>>
>>280013
Also, fights are a bit weird, because they tend to happen at the same time too.
Think of Dominions where you give orders beforehand, but mixed with Endless Legend where you give orders on the world map, except it really take place on the world map.
>>
DLC worth it?
>>
File: zhou.jpg (686 KB, 1920x1080)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
played for a couple hours and im having fun as zhou so far, my only wish is that the family / dynasty system was more clear and not just random guys spawning

the diplomacy is pretty fun and i enjoyed turning 2 enemies into 2 fraternal allies (and forcing one of them to hand over 2 cities without bloodshed lol) but i keep getting declared on by people i cant even see which is a bit annoying
>>
>>280170
Is okay if you like the game and want more.
>>
>>279992
no micro at all, I don't get how this game haven't the award for "solving of biggest problems plaguing 4x for ever" yet
most of the things can be queued, you can easily glance at whatever needs your attention, and most of the time I just spend planning/looking if I forgot to change anything
in fact I think this might be one of the best 4x for playing mp
>>
>>280257
well done, please note that cities can grow to a huge amount of space, max 5 tile radius, so its advisable to leave plenty of space between a city and the next
dynasty system is pretty bare indeed, besides character growing up stats and then dying, but please note that they are as important leaders in battles as they are in cities
ah yeah the AI wont save any possibility for war unless you're de facto stronger than them, or pursued friendship early on, note that the default diplomatic state is not of piece
also.... is that a rebel city there?
>>
>>280892
just learned about the cities so placement will def be better next time
my main gripe is just how deadset the AI seems on killing me, its fun to actually have to defend but not so much when i get attacked by people i literally cant see who send a whole invasion of 2000 men
>>
>>280940
also not a rebel city, just random rebels i keep around to kill retards trying to run into my territory
>>
>>280940
Zhou is pretty fun to play, they encroached by mountains all around, and practically only accessible for a few choke points, so its pretty defensible
When I first played I also had that feeling that the AI was too aggressive, but eventually it all came to fit together
>>
File: chingchongnip.jpg (36 KB, 223x349)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>
can you join multiplayer matches when they started ?
>>
File: victory.png (1.82 MB, 1598x900)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
finnaly victory
had to go through shitloads of runs where i die to revolts or mongols raping me but its done
in one point of game i suddenly got +1000 income from ass so i just started building temples and shit
>>
>>286605
not after they started, you can join any game (even loaded ones) when setting up in the lobby, but not after
>>
>>245920
Taiwan is a US puppet state.
>>
>>245926
>t. tái dú
>>
why is china so based? such a rich history..
>>
>>269588
based

>>269364
shut up nerd lol
>>
>>287546
>>
>>289261
indeed very rich, yet somehow all fucked up by communism and le chinks
>>
>>289261
Because unlike the Roman empire, it never collapsed. There always was a "China Empire", even if it was mutilated or lacking Manchuria.
>>
>>290592
>people Republic of China
>people
>republic
I'll give you China.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.