[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 106 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cenala.png (2.61 MB, 1440x810)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
Finally at the point before Beren's proposal, and with no restores too. Does anyone know how long the Busenari ritual's marriage blessing lasts? The wiki says the Nyalda one stays for seven years.
Also Cenala is best plant.
>>
>>223063
The best version is the OG KoDP.
>>
File: earthmother.png (2.54 MB, 1440x810)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
Hello, mama!

>>223066
I want to finish Six Ages and then return to KoDP so I can get my thoughts on both.
>>
>Win10 exclusive
Fucking why
>>
>>223982
this
>>
File: ClanRaiders7.jpg (167 KB, 639x479)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Are there any other games similar to King of Dragon Pass or is this a unique beast of it's own?

I really loved how it balances strategy and simulation so well, especially in VN format.
>>
It has been too long since I whooped with the boys
>>
>>224440
Speaking of which, has anyone ever done an Elmal or Ernalda main god run? I've always just whooped with the boys
>>
>>223066
>>223480
KoDP and Six Ages are both peak soul. I wouldn't say either is better than the other. Just two great games in a very good setting. I'm hoping the next two games will be of the same quality.

For the longest time I've dreamt of making a KoDP mod for CK2, never found the motivation to go through with it though. And now that I finally would have the time, there's not much of a point anymore.
>>
>>224467
I hate Elmal's hero quest.
>>
>>224319
Other than Six Ages obv it's completely unique, one of the main reasons people still talk about such an old game. All you're going to be able to find is games that have some similar aspects to KoDP.
The Thea games have a similar setting and event-based storytelling, but the gameplay is entirely different.
Crusader Kings has emphasis on character interactions and is really only fun if you treat it more like a roleplaying game than a grand strategy game
At The Gates has a clan system that was explicitly inspired by KoDP but it kind of sucks as a game
>>
File: DostalSnowElk.png (942 KB, 1000x562)
942 KB
942 KB PNG
> All four boys approached the elk, which cried out in fear. "Why must you slaughter me now, when I am helpless? it wailed. "Be fair, and seek other game."
> Zenangar and Basikan and Nameforgot stepped back. They were hungry, but felt pity for it.
> Dostal nodded, and Stelfor cut its throat. Blood reddened the snow.

> And thus the Seventh Lesson flowed more into Stelfor than the others: the hunter must strike without qualm.
>>
>>224467
We could do one in this thread here. Haven't seen someone post their playthrough since early, early /gsg/ days. Man that place got driven into the ground. Anyway, don't have time now but if this thread is still up tomorrow I can start posting an Elmal run. What's the bump limit here anyway?

>>224513
What's the matter, got your shit slapped by the ol' Eater of Skin? Just hurl him up into the sky lmao.
>>
>>224606
>What's the bump limit here anyway?
Based on the current Lobotomy Corp thread, apparently over 800. I wouldn't worry about it anyway, some guy did a full narrated playthrough of Hegemony Gold a few weeks back
>>
>>224513
Elmal's is a bitch but it's a cakewalk compared to Uralda's Meat Grinder.
>>
>>224467
I've done it with every god. Ernalda is the easiest one, especially if you are peaceful. Early game can be hard for her, but later on you are flowing with food.
>>
>>224745
what do you do once you no longer have food problems and you're losing a ton to spoilage? trade it away?
>>
>>224748
Yes - you can easily trade surplus food for goods and cattle and with that rapidly build up temples for minor gods and fortifications.
>>
i don't like kodp because i am an epic minmaxer and i noticed a bug where increasing the productivity of, say your cattle, through a temple/magic doesn't actually show on the tab with the numbers and the sliders. so you can't know what is the sweet spot to maximize your productivity and you might even receive false info (for example the game might warn you that your cattle will not produce enough food because it does not include bonuses/buffs in the calculation)
>>
>>224716
Don't even remind me.
>>
>>
>>
>>224606
I'd like to see that, will be prowling this thread

Also does anyone else notice they have different preferred playstyles between KODP and Six Ages? I always go more war heavy in KODP (even though war is a bit less predictable in my experience) yet always favor a trade heavy build in Six Ages where I'm more cooperative with neighbors.

Almost every KODP game I get the "you've bullied this tribe into oblivion" event.
>>
Should I play King of the Dragon Pass first? If no, which one is better to start with?
>>
>>226871
I don't think there is a wrong answer.
Six Ages is a bit more generous with info transparency and has a better built in tutorial I think.

Though my favorite times with these games was learning the hard way and getting genocided by beastmen in KoDP.

So KoDP if you're in a "Losing is Fun" mood, Six Ages if you want to jump right in would be my suggestion.
>>
>>226829
In KODP I usually choose one neighboring tribe to make my bottom bitch for when I need to raid to make my warriors happy or get more land. Everyone else I try to keep friendly with
>>
>>226829
Six Ages is designed this way, to reward you more for cooperating with your Rider-neighbours, because that's what Hyalor taught his people. Also, Elmal is defensive god, so defensive and cooperative gamestyle is more rewarding in this case.

Compare that to Orlanth, who is aggresive and risk-taking. In KoDP you can gain enormous rewards by taking enormous risks and being on the offensive is more rewarding economically.
>>
File: kodppp.jpg (169 KB, 639x479)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>227068
The weak should fear the strong, just as Orlanth intended. The only variation I do is that I always bully a clan geographically on the other side of someone I can ally. Every time they try to raid in retaliation there is a good chance you'll be warned by your ally, meaning while you freely smash & grab everything of theirs not nailed down against scattered forces, but they will they be facing your full battle line of your swole thanes & carls every single time.

The trade-off is you can't steal their land, but I always go "enough land to grow into" when settling anyways.
>>
Heard about six ages and Dragons pass, how is the Glorantha? What setting it is?
>>
>>227700
~Bronze Age setting run by myths. Say, some culture out there believes winds blow because the god of air sneezes fiercely, not because of atmospheric pressure or any physical nonsense. And they'd be absolutely right.
The historical big bads are sorcerers who figured out how the setting works at its core and that you can actually rewrite the myths over time. Then they proceeded to tear reality a new one with their methodical approach to religion and magic, spitting out legendary artifacts of the gods on factory conveyor belts. Basically, in-setting rules lawyers and powergamers.
The author is a shamanist and has a degree in comparative religion, so you can expect everything to be completely bonkers but also in touch with how real mythologies work.
There's an event in KoDP where a horde of undead invades your clan's land. One of your options is to have your lawspeaker sue them for trespassing.It works.
>>
>>227855
>>227700
He was, sadly he died two years ago. Also everything in this world is centered around your family, clan and tribe, even in more sophisticated societies. In Glorantha you would be stoned to death for professing "modern morality". If you want to succeed you must think like bronze age farmer would think.
>>
File: Scorpion_Thieves.png (2.23 MB, 1334x750)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
This thread has been claimed by the mighty Scorpion Folk, relinquish all your goats to us as tribute immediately.
Praise Chaos!
>>
>>229096
This made me think, KoDP has tons of human/monster hybrids, but does it have any monstergirls? Is Glorantha just completely based and anti-horny?
>>
>>229175
More than you think. The worst offender are the broos, which are Warhammer's beastman (which was an offshoot due to GW wanting to sell off some figures) turned to 11. Anything they fuck, woman, man, or rock, turns into a spawn of chaos.
>>
>>229175
Yes.
>>
>>225825
i like duck people, always help them
>>
File: Duck_1.jpg (117 KB, 440x625)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>229846
Ducks are awesome
They kill undead like a bunch of badasses for the collectively ungrateful asses of everyone in your tula.
>>
File: Babeester.jpg (16 KB, 272x310)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>229175
There's a goddess of rape.

And pic related is the goddess of vengeance, she collects your penii from people who wrong her followers.
>>
>>229846
based
>>
File: crimson bat.jpg (136 KB, 1199x651)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>229175
Scorpionfolk are vorefags. They capture people and eat them, but sometimes if the captive is strong or a good fighter, the Queen eats them and uses special rune magic to lay a magical egg after devouring them. The devoured victim is reborn a Scorpionfolk insane and tainted by chaos and still having it's old memories to some degree.
>Is Glorantha just completely based and anti-horny?
Glorantha is possibly the horniest, rapey-est, pervy-est magical realm in all of gaming. See this thing right here? It raped the Red Goddess, and was tamed thusly. She power bottomed a Chaos kaiju.
>>
>>229910
BEAST MAN BAD
>>
File: Duck_2.jpg (26 KB, 522x348)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>230364
Nah bro, the Ducks are a shining example of heroism in these dark times.
>>
File: 1523736777251.jpg (112 KB, 564x590)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>
>>230299
>Glorantha is possibly the horniest, rapey-est, pervy-est magical realm in all of gaming
will probably remain that way thanks to its relative obscurity, I guess. have to admit I don't know much about it beyond Bronze Age Donald Duck Folk and KoDP memes, tho
>>
REEEEEEEE the UI is all niggered up from being designed for the iphone
>>
>>232204
I find it transferred over alright except for the lack of a visual showing the current season. It's annoying as hell because there is already a graphic when you hover over the season icon - just keep it up for non-iphone fags!
>>
>>
>>224513
Elmal's annoying but once you get strong enough and get the artifact that helps it, it becomes amazing for the boosts it can give to your leaders. It can give Combat and Magic to all your leaders, allowing you to make your entire clan's nobility into super powered heroquesters, which will in turn make it easier to keep it going.
>>
File: Oh god what no.jpg (261 KB, 658x491)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>232204
>>232392
>>223066
>Updates KoDP for the phone
>Doesn't fix some of the bugs in the process
Protip: Never let your food or cows hit around 32,000 or so. It'll flip down into the negatives and then back to 0.
With food you can recover but if it is your cows it is an instant game-over.
It tracks negatives for other things too. It's supposed to just be for having Negative magic but they didn't code it that way.
>>
File: runic men map.png (1.44 MB, 785x831)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>234831
>Never let your food or cows hit around 32,000
>Blobbing in King of Dragon Pass
>>
>>223063
thanks for this thread, made me want to try out these games
>>
>>234836
VGH you mean I can't make a PROTO-GROSSGERMANIUM?
>>
>>227855
>There's an event in KoDP where a horde of undead invades your clan's land. One of your options is to have your lawspeaker sue them for trespassing.
That's based on actual historical myth though. The Norse would actually do this, suing supposed Draugr for trespass to evict them. It even comes up in the Eyrbyggja saga
>>
File: flat,750x1000,075,f.u2.jpg (128 KB, 750x920)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>"Woman, you are mine, and soon I will ride you."
>"You must accept that your lot in life is to be unmarried."
"The willful child of well-liked carls, has a history of making trouble. But now he has done the unthinkable. He has desecrated your Ernalda temple, throwing cow dung all over the holy shrines. "
>Outlaw him, and see to it that he is killed.
Fuck I loved this game, is Six Ages any good?
>>
>>234907
Yes, it's pretty fun, although it's more Elmal-centered and first campaign is somewhat shorter. Although there are planned more, where you play one clan through titular Six Ages.
>>
>>234907
Although King of Dragon Pass can be a bit less forgiving and more opaque with how it works and what is out there, I find Six Age to be a tougher game once you have an understanding of both.
King of Dragon Pass gives you more freedom to take your time with things, while with Six Ages you never seem to have enough time for everything and are always somewhat teetering on the edge. Part of that is because there are new things to do and more reason to do certain things (like trade and sending diplomats to other clans) and part of it is because the not-quite-Heroquesting takes magic now instead of giving it.
>>
>>224764
This also leads to your clan bitching about being in danger of starving to death despite having tons of food.
Annoyingly, Thralls count toward your clan number for splitting so it isn't good to actually keep them since they aren't good for anything other than menial labor and eating slightly less than normal (which I don't think the game takes into account for when it wants to force a clan split).
>>
File: 1334796636689.jpg (140 KB, 612x557)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>224513
>Elmal's hero quest.
>>
>>
When is Six Age's sequel coming out anyway? Playing during the Great Darkness sounds like fun.
>>
>>236332
sigh *unzips*
>>
>>235260
And it's somewhat accurate for this age. Your clan is literally living in "end times", where gods fall from the sky. At first I found this lack of time irritating, but now I think it's fine.
>>
>>234907
They are both fantastic. KoDP is longer though and I think has more replayability. Six Ages is a little more on-the-rails also. Still worth it if you liked KoDP.
>>
>>237941
Well it was during the little darkness.
>>
>>234843
>PROTO-GROSSGERMANIUM
>Not HOLY ORLANTHI EMPIRE
You can actually get every single clan that isn't in the Colymr tribe in your tribe if you blob so that you neighbor them all. It's hard to pull off because they all want shit but you end up with a super-powerful tribe that gives tons of passive bonuses.
>>
>When you tell the Colymar tribe to piss off before you form your own tribe, so they all attack you at once
>>
>>238133
>You can actually get every single clan that isn't in the Colymr tribe in your tribe
Although, note that if you do that it will cause some errors later on because there won't be any clans for the game to use to form the other tribes that form after you. Since they're involved in the end game, you'll get some funny NULL entries for tribes and names during events.
I wonder if they fixed that during the update.
>>
>>238142
Is it possible to blob this hard in KoDP without full on cheating?
>>
File: HorsespawnRaiders.jpg (163 KB, 639x479)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
How the fuck do battles work in KoDp?

Are there different combat modifers for different enemies? (Horse-spawn having full-cavalry and things like Trolls and Praxias as opposed to fighting your neighbors' weaponthanes and farmers with spears.)
>>
>>238402
It is once you have a good understanding of the game, how it works and what the best things to do and the order to do them.
KoDP snowballs, both good effects and bad ones. So once you get on a roll with things going well, it is easier to keep it up and have mostly positive outcomes due to better stats, more troops, more temples, more artifacts, etc. This in turn magnifies you further, making you exponentially stronger.
The updated version, for good or ill, takes steps that reduces it.
>You can't tell what the actual borders are for your clan and other clans, so you can't plan your expansion and learn who your new neighbors will be among other things
>When the clan has events to try and make you split (even though there is plenty of food), the game refuses to let you keep putting it off and will force you to agree instead of just inflicting penalties for not doing so
>You can't manually assign craftsmen, instead the game picks their number for you. As such you can't have a large amount making hundreds of goods each year that you use for all financing, letting your cows build up unhindered.

All of these are a mixed bag really. The forced clan splitting is especially annoying because the in-game reason for it (claiming there isn't enough food when there is plenty) but clan size is probably the single largest power factor so I can understand why they force your hand now.
The other two are just annoying and bad design, with the border removal making it much harder to judge your situation and relations and the crafters part making it hard to grow strong as anything other than an extremely warlike clan ransoming everyone all the time.
>>
>>238440
>>238402
Oh yeah, and of course this here >>234831
is still around in the new version so if you fight the power and still manage to blob, eventually you just instantly lose because your cows hit 32,000 something and roll over to 0.
>>
File: nazi sheeple.jpg (78 KB, 598x570)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>KoDP PRO TIP
>Just because you can build a temple and sustain it indefinitely, don't do it immediately
Although not an issue in the new updated phone version where sheep no longer exist, in the old version sheep are the absolute limiting factor for your temples.
>Can't build them
>Can't trade for them
>Can't purposefully raid for them, only rarely grabbing a dozen on a cattle raid
The main way of getting sheep is via the sheep you already have making more there's a treasure that helps this but nothing else.
By limiting your shrines to a bare few of the very best initially, you'll let your sheep grow exponentially until they have enough to easily sustain every shrine, temple and great temple at the same time and still have your sheep population continue to grow.
>VGH SHEEP
>>
File: 1572744035693.jpg (43 KB, 540x645)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>223063
>>223480
>>224536
fuck happened to the artwork
>>
File: 1586503591090.jpg (47 KB, 590x393)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>238567
True it's fucking souless, and when I read the thread that the new version forces your hand when you are too powerful I got annoyed because that's bad game design
>>
>>238417
Yes, also different tactics have different bonuses. It's all in the in-game manual.
>>
>>238699
sometimes its just a lottery
>>
File: 1574373444706.png (2.25 MB, 1334x750)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
>>238567
I really like the new art
>>
File: 1550056431888.png (1.53 MB, 1136x640)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>238787
>>
>>238686
I don't know if soulless is the right word. It seems like a bit of an evolution of the way it was handled in KoDP, where the Godstime and history are depicted differently. 6 ages takes it further and depicts mortals and gods differently since now you're in the Godstimes, with gods being much more solid and colorful.
>>
>>238417
>Are there different combat modifers for different enemies?
Some enemy types have different make ups and favor certain tactics more consistently, which can help in knowing what to expect.
>>
File: IMG_0612.png (1.58 MB, 1136x640)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>234836
>not banishing your enemies to the marsh
how else are you supposed show your dominance?
>>
>>239593
Blob first, then recruit them all into your tribe, then finish them off so they're all in the swamp.
>>
>>230299
I've read The Lives of Sedenya several times and I still have no idea what the fuck was going on in the Red Goddess's backstory. And desu, I don't think the Lunars do either.
>>
>>223063
Is Six Ages available on freegog yet? It's been a year
>>
>>240147
I get it for Paradox or EA trash, but it's pretty shitty to pirate a little gem like this
>>
>>240244
You're right anon. I'm sorry. I'll go buy the game.
>>
>>238789
That goat is amazing.
>>
>>238789
GOAT
>>
File: tranny deer.jpg (44 KB, 640x626)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>Antler Society
What did you do?
>>
>>240147
If you actually did buy the game and kept to your word, I'll reward you with this

https://gog-games.com/
>>
>>229096
I don't get why Chaos is so prevalent in the game considering that the three haven't done their stuff yet.
>>
I like that the endgame of Ride like the Wind foreshadows future myths[/spoiler[
Especially the healing of Blindness
>>
File: 27e.png (210 KB, 593x635)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>buy six ages
>find out that you play the h*rse-sp*wn, not based Oralnthi
YOU LIED TO ME BROS
>>
>>241148
>Ride like the Wind
>Same world as King of Dragon Pass, but a new clan: the Riders, with their own myths, and 4x more world to explore
What did you expect?
>>
File: cosmic egg.png (494 KB, 661x698)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>>223063
So who infiltrated the Flat Earthers?
I know it was one of yous
>>
>>241148
>you play the h*rse-sp*wn,
They're not the Horse spawn, Horsespawn descend from a different Rider clan.
>not based Oralnthi
Don't be so sure.
>>
File: Ride Like the Wind.jpg (215 KB, 500x1667)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>241148
>buy six ages
>find out that you play the h*rse-sp*wn, not based Oralnthi
>YOU LIED TO ME BROS
>>
File: Six RAGES.jpg (551 KB, 1336x750)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>241148
y u mad tho?
>>
>>241157
Ernalda is not flat.
>>
>>
File: Baboons.jpg (1.47 MB, 2000x2588)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
Make way for the best Gloranthan race, plebs.
>>
>>243673
EMBRACE MONKE
>>
I sure hope Six Ages pans out.
Next one is during the Great Darkness, that should be absolutely intense.
And then I wonder if there would be a game for The Bright Empire or the EWF or Godlearners times.
So many possibilities.
>>
>>231931
>>
anyone make it work under win7?
>>
>>
>>243788
I got it for my phone way back so I could play it during lunch at work.
The old version of KoDP works from on Win 7 though.
>>
>>244436
kodp works i asking about six edges
>>
>>241778
a six ages edit of this would be amazing
>>
File: straight from steppe.png (332 KB, 501x1460)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>244577
you didn't offer enough cows for that
all you get for sheep is this
>>
>>244666
Thanks anon, Duck Station 2 gave me a sensible chuckle. I'll raid you last
>>
File: Bez nazwy.png (158 KB, 340x184)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
Some of you carls are alright, don't go to Clan Ring tomorrow.
>>
File: Mentor Spirits.png (252 KB, 717x533)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
Is it just me or is looking for spirits basically never worth the time or effort? Seems like you're always better off exploring for treasures and things of that nature, which will have permanent bonuses rather than needing to waste an action and some resources on them.
>>
File: Clanraiders1.jpg (152 KB, 639x479)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
Does Six Ages have any cool war screen art similar to KoDP?
>>
>>245372
Yes. I'd say there is more this time that you'd actually encounter.
>>
File: 1574369532659.png (734 KB, 800x450)
734 KB
734 KB PNG
>>245372
Yes
>>
File: 1530366404774.jpg (336 KB, 1200x675)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>245511
>>
>>244666
I like it
>>
>>244666
You forgot to edit the game cover on the top panel
And the CD too if you care
>>
File: straight from steppe v3.png (720 KB, 498x1592)
720 KB
720 KB PNG
>>245025
>>245764
>>245789
offer more sheep you shitters
>>
>>245825
I'll give goods only
Thanks for the edit btw
>>
>>245825
>ride like a wind
I will sacrifice 2 clan magic to Lhankor Mhy to correct this typo
>>
File: straight from steppe v3.png (688 KB, 498x1592)
688 KB
688 KB PNG
>>245843
>>245843
accepted
>>
>>245334
Looking for and persuading spirits (except Raven for Stealth for a raid heavy year) is usually reserved as a low risk/reward activity for me. Like when resources are too low to sacrifice to the gods.

Honestly I don't even know what half of them do, like Spider for example "prevents disorder" whatever that means. Berry is nice tho.
>>
>>245849
>>245825
>>244666
>>
How do you imagine a game set in during the Great Darkness would work?

I doubt you'd able to settle/trade/explore with your fellow clans and other races just as you did in KFDP and Six Ages when Chaos literally ruled the world and turned it into hell during that time.
>>
God damn I'm too much of a scrub in these games to stop myself from savescumming every once in a while instead of just rolling with the punches all the time
>>
>>246293
mad max settings
all time on the move plundering and scavenging and losing people all the time
>>
>>246293
The next Six Ages is going to be set then, if the name Lights Going Out is anything to go by
I think they may have been serious about the Six Ages, huh
>>
File: 1586008049040.jpg (146 KB, 639x348)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Smiles we couldn't protect
>>
>>246293
If it's set at the very beginning of the era it could have the same gameplay loop as the first two games, but with the difficulty steadily ramping up as the game goes on while you try to accumulate various resources and advantages to keep your head above water while the world goes to shit.
>>
>>248035
In the new version her event chain actually has a new ending option, but I'm not sure if it is as good.
>>
>>245514
Wheels are obviously retarded. How stupid do they need to be to not realize that riding a horse is superior to being dragged along behind it?
>>
>>239727
The whole thing is probably laced with Illuminated riddles.
>>
>>248059
It took humanity thousands of years to saddle horses.
>>
>>248066
Yeah but once people started doing it it spread via contact very quickly.
>>
>>248095
Persians were still using war chariots when Alexander invaded. Britons too when Romans did because they were backwards as fuck.
>>
>>246295
Play on an easier difficulty?
>>
Wish there were more games like this. My wettest dream is a game like this set in Warhammer 40k about managing your chapter of space marines.
>>
>>250214
>My wettest dream is a game like this set in Warhammer 40k about managing your chapter of space marines.
I think there was, you should ask /tg/, it wasn't that good 2bh personally would much prefer something set in the Horus Heresy, where you're one of those companies separated from the rest of your legion
>>
>>250218
Yeah, but that one was nothing like KoDP.
>>
It's so weird to me that there aren't more games like this. Seems like an untapped market.
>>
I just purchased King of Dragon Pass (Steam) for $1 in a bundle (Fanatical). Ask me anything.
>>
>>248154
Pontic army used them against Romans too
>>
>>248059
It's due to magic. Everyone believes that only Riders clans can ride horses, so it becomes reality.
>>
>>250616
So in the setting everyone's an Ork?
>>
>>250636
Somewhat, but not exactly. You change reality by changing myths, and you do it by doing heroquests and other sacred rituals.
>>
>>223063
Why THE FUCK is this game Win10 only? It looks the same as KoDP and that came out in 19-fucking-99?
>>
>>250686
Dual-boot with Linux.
>>
>>250616
No, I understand that horse riding is a form of magic. But the wheels actually think they're better for not doing it.
>>
>>250759
Wait, they made it compatible with Linux but not Win7? What the actual fuck?
>>
>>250843
Linux runs 99.9% of all Windows games on Steam through Proton (Valve's fork of Wine).

Free up some space on your hard drive, make a separate partition, install Linux in that partition, install Steam, point Steam at your Windows partition's Steam folder, and play Windows games that don't support Windows 7.
>>
>>250759
>>250843
>>250884
On second thought, don't do it for these games. They're borked in Proton.

https://www.protondb.com/app/881420
https://www.protondb.com/app/352220
>>
>>248059
>>250794
Because they're stubborn traditionalists, even by Gloranthan standards
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.57 MB, 1374x800)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB PNG
Yes! More than a decade after I first played it, I finally finished King of Dragon Pass. Onwards to Six Ages now!

I know there's an RPG based on the world. Has the story of the last King who forever changed the face of the world been told anywhere yet?
>>
>>250928
Yes, it's clear from their god, who is basically the god of being backward and dumb.
>>
>>251107
Yes and it is quite a tale.
I especially liked the Star Battle.
>>
>>251475
> t. Seething Sun God who killed and revived by said dumb god.
>>
Why do the Orlanthi in KoDP like different when compared with the ones in Six Ages?
>>
>>251502
Because Six Ages is a prequel and the Orlanthi as we know them in KoDP don't exist yet.
>>
>>251476
Source. What pdf should I look for?
>>
>>234831
Never saw that in the GOG version. Then again I never had that many cows or people. When your population gets too large, the excess usually run off to start a new clan.
>>
>>238440
>hard to grow strong as anything other than an extremely warlike clan ransoming everyone all the time.
??? I beat the game without doing any raids except cattle raids. Playing a peacemonger was the easiest game I ever had. And I always allowed my overpopulated people to run off and start a new clan. Though I usually kept the size stable so it hardly happens.
>>
>>238417
I just make a lot of Hunters and choose Skirmish all the time to avoid losses.
>>
>>250896
>You can get past the windows 10 by editing the winecfg; it fails to load various DLLs though.
Lol. I guess WINE doesn't just werkz....
>>
>>250686
>It looks the same as KoDP and that came out in 19-fucking-99?
Indie devs don't do sys req testing and shit on various machines. They're not TRUE CODERS like John DOOOM Carmack II.
>>
Has anyone ever beaten KoDP on Hard?
>>
An interesting tidbit about Glorantha is that the look of the Orcs and Chaos Dwarfs in Warhammer Fantasy was a result of a repurposing of lefover models from a failed deal between Games Workshop and Chaosium. The Orcs and their boar riders were originally the boar riders guys that feature in KoDP and the Chaos Dwarfs a slaver faction in Glorantha with a Babylonian sort of look.
>>
>>251714
>Not Charging all the time like a true Orlanthi
>Not Killing As Many As Possible in the name of Humakt
Weak, anon.
>>
>>251708
Was that on the new one or old one? And what difficulty?
>>
>>251783
The animal people in Warhammer Fantasy were repurposing of the Broos from Glorantha too, except less chaotic and vile than the Glorantha ones.
>>
>>251804
Charging seems like the strongest one to me.
>>
>>252325
I have no idea what the differences are.
>>
>>251718
Proton is a work in progress. Six Ages will eventually run on Linux, but it will never run on Windows 7.
>>
>>252336
I only remember that charging interrupted your opponent's sacrifices if you didn't sacrifice anything yourself.
>>
>>252336
Tactics matter and don't matter at the same time.
>>
>>252584
It matters more if you have certain artifacts.
>>
Hard mode is kicking my ass.
>>
If Glorantha is made as a Total War game, how would an Orlanthi Tribe unit roster work?

Here's my conceptual roster based on their manual info.

-Orlanthi Hunter Archer
-Orpanthi Cottar Slinger
-Orlanthi Cottar Spearmen:Poor quality spear and shield and at best can only buy a poor helmet as armor.
-Orlanthi Carl Spearman. Better spears and shields and particularly wealthy carls can afford body armor alongside a helmet.
- Orlanthi Weaponthane: Elite Infantry armed with a sword and shield and has better combat skill than a carl and cottar due to being full time warriors.

- Orlanthi Thane: General Unit and depending on their stats may even be far more powerful than a weaponthane.

- Orlanthi Thane: General unit and possibly a hero unit depending their stats.

This isn't counting magic since I don't know jack about that.
>>
>>254399
You madman.
>>
>>251869
It's interesting how the Broos are more evil and disgusting than the Beastmen, but also have at least a few canon individual Broo who are pretty chill and non-evil, while Warhammer has not a single non-asshole Beastman that I know of.
>>
>>254617
>Total War game
i dont see it working anon
>>
>>251868
The old KODP one. The long game option. Of cose, I savescummed which isn't allowed in the new vmg version.
>>
File: IMG_0994.jpg (376 KB, 1334x750)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>245511
>>245514
i like how varied and unique a lot of the civilizations in Six Ages look compared to KoDP. The Orlanthi we play as in the latter gives me the impression that they toned down their looks to make them more familiar to anybody playing it though, it might just be that Heortlanders are just country bumpkins
>>
>>256607
Well yeah, the Orlanthi in KODP have witnessed a couple of apocalypses. Six Ages plays in the God Time in which the world was a lot more magical than it is in the 1200's after time began.
>>
File: Orlanthi n cat.jpg (470 KB, 1334x750)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>256607
>>256663
Yes, there was more differentiation back then I'd imagine. Also, most of the clans from Dragon Pass all came from one part of the world, fleeing from the heortland due to the Pharaoh killing the Only Old One.
They still had some differences though, such as some clans being obsessed with hunting and others with having a big magic rock and another with insane chieftains.
But those are still orlanthi, not strangers. Having actual event images for the strangers helps drive home their weirdness in Ride like the Wind.
>>
File: Not Cannibals.jpg (484 KB, 1334x750)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
Hello /vst/, we are the Infithtelli. We are not Cannibals. Please tell other people we are not cannibals, because we are not cannibals.
>>
>>256780
...Does that guy in the back have a belt with human bones on it?
And that man on the front, are those human fingerbones on his cloak?
>>
File: 1556708918175.jpg (159 KB, 564x770)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
Sell me on Glorantha.

What makes this tabletop rpg different from Warhammer and Dungeons and Dragons?

I already love how it touches rare historical periods like the Bronze Age Culture or the Iron Age Celts.
>>
>>256607
>The Orlanthi we play as in the latter gives me the impression that they toned down their looks to make them more familiar to anybody playing it though
I think it's the opposite. Orlanthi were originally envisioned as iron age Britons/Celts essentially, and in recent years they have started giving them a more original and eclectic aesthetic that draws from more varied sources so they don't map as much to a single real world culture.
>>
>>257088
It plays a lot like the Warhammer fantasy RPG. Differences between D&D and RuneQuest are larger. First, there are no classes and no levels. Everything is done by skills. A skill can be 0 (scrub) to 100+(Master of that skill) If you want to use the skill just roll below your skill.

Leveling isn't done by xp. If you have used a skill successfully during play. You roll at the end of the session to see if you can increase it. If you rolled above your skill (that way it gets harder to increase in skill if you are a higher in the skill). If you successfully rolled to increase, you add 1d4 to your skill.

Armour reduces instead of DnD AC. And everybody can learn a bit of magic.
>>
ANTLER SOCIETY DID NOTHING WRONG
TRUST IN THE ANTLER SOCIETY
>>
File: antler.jpg (287 KB, 1333x749)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>258105
>ANTLER SOCIETY DID NOTHING WRONG
>TRUST IN THE ANTLER SOCIETY
>>
>>223063
>Also Cenala is best plant.
Cenala isn't real and also isn't a god and also isn't the daughter Hyalor.
Plants and people can't have children, it's ludicrous.
>>
File: Kingdom_Begins.PNG.png (1.84 MB, 1136x640)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>258236
FUCK ANTERS,
FUCK SHAMAN,
AND FUUUUUUUCK HYALORINGS

We need wheel supremacy again.
>>
Holy shit raiding is fucking impossible in Hard mode. Everybody has metric fucktons of soldiers.
>>
>>224507
I would play it. And we are in golden age of ck2 modding right now since paradox can't fuck up everything with updates.
>>
When should you do heroquests and which rewards should you pick?
>>
>>260050
>When should you do heroquests
When you're strong enough to survive and have spent magic on them. Initially you'll want to space them out.
If you mean when in the year, I like doing them in Sea or Dark season so you can get them out of the way early or be doing them where there isn't much else to do.
>which rewards should you pick
Strengthen your quester/leaders or a Treasure. Strengthening the quester will make future hero quests easier and lead to a snowball effect of power. Treasures are great and always in effect so it's handy to get as many as you can. Some are better than others though.
>>
>try to do peaceful runs, just focus on boosting food/crafts production
>constant raids, barely win one raid in every three

>do a violent cunt run, just raid everyone constantly
>win 95% of battles, get raided less

Why is Six Ages the reverse of KoDP?
>>
>spend twelve hours fighting for your clan
>come back from a fucking meteor strike
>get a "lol gg u lose" event
>https://sixages.fandom.com/wiki/Orgovaltes_Arrive

Fuck this shitty rail roaded game. I didn't pick the right choices for my mary-sue to get his dick wet so I lose? There's a fucking multi-generation time skip ending with my clan being replaced? Fuck this fucking game.
>>
>>260411
The game is just following the devs story. Sorry you expected a "make your own story" game like Dwarf Fortress or whatever. It's a choose your own adventure with extra flavor.
>>
>>260422
Not that anon but its a pretty weak way to end things
>>
>>260411
Yeah it's a dating sim with extra steps, suxx2bu
>>
>>260180
Sounds like you're just unlucky. Peace is pretty easy in Six Ages.
>>
>>260696
Peace can get busted in Six Ages by trading food. If you establish the food shrines first you'll always have a surplus and can just trade food every year for hundreds of cows or bunches of artifacts.
>>
File: anticipation orlanth.jpg (15 KB, 253x199)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>260411
Beren and Redalda are legendary figures in Orlanthi Myth in established Glorantha things. By choosing for him not to fulfill that destiny you consign your clan to ignobility and obscurity.
Perhaps the legendary Beren just wasn't yours Beren.
That said, KoDP wasn't quite like this. It didn't force you to make Sarter the King of Dragon Pass and hit you with a game over if anyone else tried or he failed.
>>
>>260438
>>260458
Yea the ending of Six Ages has a serious "out of left field" issue. It doesn't help that the game title doesn't make your end goal clear like King of Dragon Pass' did.

My fanfiction edit would be to add 4 events or so that have the Ram Killers building a coalition to push the Rams out of the valley, and it becomes increasingly apparent it's leading to a suicidal war for both sides. Maybe one clan gets killed or forced to relocate and a cold war comes over the valley with curses/sabotage being exchanged. Out of this tense situation the Beren wedding comes in as a game changer to unify everyone.

Currently it just feels like a random twist when you're already probably thriving, and if you're doing well it makes no sense to be absorbed into another culture.
>>
>>260870
>if you're doing well it makes no sense to be absorbed into another culture.
Well it's the Storm Age and the Orlanthi are on the ascendant, so if Orlanthi start riding horses you've nothing on them.
>>
>>224467
>main god run
What does this mean? You mean not building any other temples?
>>
>>261038
No, in KoDP at the start you get to pick which god is the one your clan primarily follows out of Orlanth, Ernalda and Elmal. It determines a few things including which temple you should ensure is the the biggest, which god-follower you should have as your chieften and what other clans think of you.
>>
>>261048
Doesn't seem like it'd make that much of a difference.
>>
>>261166
Helps determine which Hero quests are important and a bit easier. The followers of the gods give different magic bonuses too and tend toward different stats.
>>
>>260838
That Anon who complained here. That's cool, I just had no way of knowing and assumed it was just another event. I actually progressed all the way through it up to the bargaining stage with the Rams, but apparently 150 cows wasn't enough and my bargaining advisor said anymore than 100 was ridiculous, so I was like fuck it, what harm can come? Didn't realize it was game over from that point on.

It was my first game, so I started with unlimited restores, but haven't used one. I'm just disappointed the game isn't more free form towards a general goal like starting a kingdom or founding a new city or uniting the valley or whatever.
>>
File: Elmal Arroy.jpg (139 KB, 638x480)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>261263
The myth aspects are especially interesting in light of things in KoDP.
In the established myth Beren married Redayle, youngest daughter of Vingokt. In the myths Redalda is actually a Goddess who married Elmal and brought him into the Storm Tribe.
Even more interesting is that you can get an event in this game where the Wheels attack and blind your Beren. Your healers won't be able to fully restore his sight, but if you go to Redalda's clan, their priestess of Chalana Arroy can Heal his Blindness.
Seems oddly familiar to another Myth thousands of years later.
>>
File: SEX.png (1.49 MB, 1000x562)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>261317
Indeed, I'm over my rage at my clans doom (Seriously, I was doing better than ever!) and restored back to the year Beren found the mirror. Now that I know how the myth goes, things are going much better. I gifted and traded with the Ram clan in advance so we're not feuding, for starters.
>>
>>261394
>Feuding with the clan after the game keeps giving you hints about it being important
Ballsy, I'll give you that.
>>
>>261394
RIDER'd
>>
File: RIDERS RIDE AGAIN.jpg (7 KB, 213x39)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>261408
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 136x191)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>261427
>KoDP ends with a Orlanthi fucking a Grazer woman
>Six Ages end with a Rider fucking a Ram woman
>>
>>260901
They are a rising power but they never felt like an existential threat, especially towards the end if you have a bit of agricultural stability and can afford a nice set of thanes/Elmal blessings. It still works,, but the story would flow better if it felt like you were solving an urgent issue.

>>261048
I've done it both ways and its not crazy different but it adds a nice flavor. If I remember right there's a gender mechanic too where depending on your main God you get more magic for having a Council all of one gender (male for my boy Orlando of course).
>>
>>261469
>No ending in Ride like the Wind to say "Woman you are mine and soon I will Ram you"
Shame.
>>
File: IMG_1234.jpg (302 KB, 1334x750)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
Is that a Dwarf Fortress reference? Damn Forbidden Beasts.
>>
File: 20201114142549_1.jpg (930 KB, 1920x1080)
930 KB
930 KB JPG
I'm this Anon >>260411, and I just got my first finish. Very enjoyable, although I still would prefer more free form story telling. I somehow missed the vibe that the Rams were an existential threat that could only be surmounted via BRC.

Any idea when the devs will release the next Ages?
>>
File: CHAOS GET OUT.png (342 KB, 1024x600)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>261530
No, Chaos was fucking everyone up.
>>
File: Chaotic chaos.jpg (45 KB, 500x349)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>261544
I don't think Rams were really the existential threat (although they are, but they already won and Yelm is dead). The real threat is that the world itself is starting to darken and things are starting to get worse and worse, especially after the Skyfall.
What might have been good would be for the game to make it more clear that Beren and Redalda are the main storyline, not just another Hero story. Something like the prophet that came around and almost directly tells you what you need to do to begin the endgame in KoDP.
I'm really interested in the next one, Lights Going Out. It takes place in the Great Darkness, not the minor darkness (the Storm Age). Things are going to get baaaad.
>>
File: inside orlanthi temple.jpg (686 KB, 1772x1419)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
>>261530
>Depending on which Endgame quest you get, you may get the opportunity to meet Orlanth and call him out on being a dick for killing Yelm
>>
>>261427
Anyone who picked a different choice there is not a true Orlanthi.
>>
>>261530
>>261544
Damn, what happened to the artwork?
>>
File: And aroka.jpg (349 KB, 1329x753)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>261679
The game uses three main art styles for symbolizing different events.
It uses Woodcut styles for historical events like during Clan Creation and the ending slides.
It uses normal Waterpaints for the normal event images.
And for Gods and things related to gods such as questing they are rendered in a third, more detailed style, being more Real than Real. Which looks especially weird when gods and mortals exist in the same scene, like in OP's image.
>>
File: 20201112222935_1.jpg (926 KB, 1920x1080)
926 KB
926 KB JPG
>>261577
>I'm really interested in the next one, Lights Going Out. It takes place in the Great Darkness, not the minor darkness (the Storm Age). Things are going to get baaaad.

I assume you'll continue with the choices you made during the final ritual of this game, so can't wait. I'll keep my saves just in case.

Also for any new people who played KoDP but not this: Try to have a Raven spirit worshipper on the circle. They're approximately the equal to the trickster god of KoDP...
>>
File: 20201112205358_1.jpg (899 KB, 1920x1080)
899 KB
899 KB JPG
>>261734
But "trickster" doesn't do Raven justice. It's a powerful spirit of the "red in tooth and claw" aspect of nature, as I've interpreted it. Adds a ton of flavor and bonuses (e.g. Raven stealing magic from others to gift you every year)
>>
File: eurmal elmal.png (11 KB, 640x480)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>261734
>They're approximately the equal to the trickster god of KoDP
It's made pretty clear by them being represented by the Illusion rune.
Raven has his own myth too about it, it's pretty good.
>>261739
Raven's a trickster alright but still a spirit and no god. An odd bird to be sure.
>>
>>261742
>It's made pretty clear by them being represented by the Illusion rune.

It's been so long since I played KoDP, that went completely over my head. Damn. Glorantha has the best fluff
>>
>>261751
Wow, that's pretty great shit there. Have a Praxan, a bunch of broos and The Block in the background.
Broos are bad enough normally when it's just goats and cows. But Buffalo, Rhino and Mammoth Broos are much worse.
>>
>>261742
>It's made pretty clear by them being represented by the Illusion rune.
Who the what now?
>>
So what is Glorantha timeline? Any links?
>>
>>260180
Really? I had a great run with raiding in KoDP. You get strong and they can't stop you. You capture hostages during defensive raids and can get 200+ goods worth of hostages several times a year without even spending one of your own actions.
>>
File: runes.png (223 KB, 582x582)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>261781
The little symbol by their portrait. It corresponds to different Runes that are associated with the god or their followers. The three dots in the Triangle is the Illusion Rune, the opposite of Truth.
Gods have runes that define themselves, with stronger gods having more runes. Particularly powerful gods are considered the "owner" of certain runes, their strongest aspect and expression. For example Orlanth is the owner of the Air and Motion runes and Chalana Arroy owns the Harmony rune.
Spirits have Runes too and people have runes as well.
>>
>>261833
Well Ride like the Wind is a bit annoying because as far as the Glorantha "timeline" goes it happens before Time even existed and the timeline should be nonlinear. You don't see that very much though outside of a few events like the battle at the Hill of Gold.
>>
>>261863
Huh, neat. I recognize Uralda, Lhankor My, Chalana Arroy, Vinga, Humakt and Eurmal. I probably should read the sourcebooks at some point.
>>
File: runes flavours.png (694 KB, 2426x1570)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
>>261899
I posted that one because it is nice and pretty and simple. If you want a larger section of Runes and about them, here's some stuff.
>>
File: god runes.png (38 KB, 601x506)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>262076
And here are some of the Gods and their runes.
>>
File: Orlanth vs Yelm.jpg (72 KB, 600x992)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>Orlanth's evil uncles tried to destroy him and his brothers
>They dropped Vadrus into the Deep Well.
>But Vadrus stirred the Well so much it broke and he escaped through the seams
>They threw Urox into the Animal Corral.
>Urox confronted the beasts and stamped them all beneath his hooves.
>They threw Humakt into the Fighting Pit.
>Humakt's opponents surrendered and he climbed out on their weapons.
>They threw Ragnaglar into the Sex Pit.
>Ragnaglar was raped by giants until he was more cum than god, driven mad.
>They put Orlanth in the Prison of Strange Gods.
>Orlanth befriended them and together they escaped.
>>
File: Gbajis.jpg (632 KB, 1908x1242)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
I hope Lights Going Out gets finished and does well enough for the Six Ages to continue. I'd love to see a game that takes place during the rise and fall of Gbaji.
>>
>>260129
Is strengthening the quester really a good idea? What if he dies?
>>
>>262281
Then that's a shame. But the game tests the stats of your leaders when doing most things including avoiding death in hero quests. You'll need your quester to have good stats if you want the best outcomes.
>>
Due to Six Ages having a japanese release, does KoDP have one has well?

I just like to see the Japs reaction to a more "unique" VN gameplay.
>>
>>262617
>Due to Six Ages having a japanese release, does KoDP have one has well?
It does? I thought a translation was impossible like with Dorf Fortress.
>>
KAJABOR DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>250221
>>250218
Chapter Master? Yeah it was pretty different. I believe it got C&D'd by GW
>>
>>262457
Which stats are the most useful to empower?
>>
>>262076
>>262078
Nice, thanks anon.
>>
File: aroka.png (527 KB, 640x480)
527 KB
527 KB PNG
>>261691
>Orlanth and Aroka
Real Niggas prefer the Myth of Vadrus Hurts-Everything and Enkoshons the Dragon
Can listen to the myth narrated here:
https://soundcloud.com/user-791261172/enkoshons-the-dragon/s-4M1bzEX70pZ
>>
>>262933
Depends on the role the person is to play.
For a Heroquester, Magic and Combat are probably the overall most important if you want to make them better at heroquesting. Combat helps them stay alive, magic helps them get into the godsrealm and do things in there.
Leadership is great as well and relatively safe to raise, but you want to make sure no one has better leadership than you're chieftain (or you can get a bad event where people try to revolt and have the better leader become chieftain)
Others can be useful depending on the role the person plays and what they do. Custom for instance is important for your Lawspeaker and very important for Lhankor Mhy finds the Truth heroquest as you'd imagine. Custom+Leadership determines who is your best poet.
>>
Goddamnit, I tried running Six Ages in a Win10 virtual machine and it's telling me "this game requires a more recent version of Windows 10" What the fuck kind of spaghetti codebase do they have?
>>
File: TribeWarClanWar.jpg (151 KB, 639x348)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
Anyone here have a convient collection of all the art in KoDP?
>>
>>262078
>Godlearners claim Chalana Arroy and Errisa are the same goddess
>They have different Runes
God Learners are so DUMB.
>>
>Establish a Kingdom in Dragon Pass with the Grazers after all your Tribe's hardwork.

> Your Kingdom and Tarsh gets destroyed by the Lunar Empire in the long-run.
>>
>>264894
That's what the Lunars want you to think.
Without Sartar there would be no Prince of Sartar.
With no Prince of Sartar there would be no King of Sartar. And with no King of Sartar there would be no one to stand as Last Rebel and strike the Red Moon from Orlanth's Air.
>>
File: sheng wuz heere.jpg (115 KB, 640x347)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
Be honest /vst/, what did you do during this event? What did you think, if you didn't know?
>>
File: horrific time for all.jpg (43 KB, 164x242)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>229096
>>240904
>I don't get why Chaos is so prevalent in the game considering that the three haven't done their stuff yet.
>yet
Oh right, there's my problem. No wonder Chaos is present, Time didn't exist "yet" and so even though Chaos enters the world "later" it would still be present because there is no "later".
>>
>>264902
I don't even remember what the options were, but I didn't know what the red moon was and I thought the endgame would be Chaos Rising.

In fact, I still don't know what's up with the lunars.
>>
>>265345
They are cunts
>>
>>265345
>what's up with the lunars.
They're cunts.
>>
File: moon god.gif (35 KB, 468x240)
35 KB
35 KB GIF
>>265345
Lunars are cunts.
>>
>>223063
You know, Ride like the Wind would be an excellent game to run as a group game for /vst/. The board is slow enough to do it pretty easily and the pacing of the game works well for posting and making decisions as a group.
>>
>>250214
Another game with a similar structure to KoDP/Six Ages is Seven Grand Steps. You play a Bronze/Iron age family moving through different social strata over generations.

It has less artwork and the gameplay layer in between its "Heroquests" is more rudimentary and repetitive.

But it has the similar angle of "solve problems by thinking like a bronze age person" and like KoDP/Six Ages it is "rooted" in its world.
>>
>>263099
Success! I made it work! I'm playing Six Ages in a Win 10 virtual machine running in my Win 7 physical machine. Turns out virtualbox has some issues with nvidia cards and 3d acceleration. I'm sure other people are interested, so here's a step-by-step:

>What you need to do to run Six Ages in a Windows 7 machine

Step 1: Download VMware Workstation Player 15.5.6 from
https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_workstation_player/15_0
It requires an account, but it's free for non-commercial use.

Step 2: Download a Windows 10 iso from
https://www.microsoft.com/el-gr/software-download/windows10
You don't need a key for what we're about to do.

Step 3: Install and run VMware. It will ask you for your Win 10 iso and create a virtual machine.

Step 4: Run the Virtual Machine. You will go through the Win 10 installation process. I recommend Win 10 Home, but you can pick whatever for most options. I also recommend performing this step offline (turn off your wifi or disconnect your ethernet cable) so you can skip creating a Microsoft account.

Step 5: Inside the virtual Windows, download Six Ages from your site of choices and run Windows Update. You'll need to reboot the virtual machine after installing the updates.

Step 6: After rebooting, go Player -> Manage -> Install VMware tools. This'll mount a virtual cd with some setup files. Run the appropriate setup for the OS you installed (probably x64). After it's installed, you'll need to reboot the virtual machine again. This step is required to enable 3d acceleration, and is the last thing you need.

Step 7: Run Six Ages. Enjoy the game on your Windows 7 PC!
>>
And now playing Six Ages for the first time. 7 gods AND 7 families? Goddamnit, I need a spreadsheet.
>>
>>267302
Families are probably more important than Gods this time, although gods still matter too.
It isn't that tricky since you can sort them by family.
>>
>>267790
Yeah, I lamented the fact that there was no family sorting, made the spreadsheet and THEN noticed that the was, in fact, an option for family sorting. I have no one to blame but myself.

After playing a bit and restarting a couple times, I have to say I like the new combat, the rest of the game seems a little too similar to KoDP, and the Rams are fucking assholes.
>>
>>267291
Good work anon, you should think about posting this as a steam guide or something for people.

>>267302
I actually think the 7 families was one of the few design mistakes in the game, doesn't really add anything interesting but gives you less choice on the gods/gender of ring members
>>
File: 1605757614992.jpg (34 KB, 639x348)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
What the fuck is their problem?

>Give unexpected hospitality.
>Make a mess all over the place and gets angry when you gently reprimand their behavior.
>>
>>267988
They're foreigners anon, you mustn't judge them so harshly, for they are poor, simple, bestial creatures brought up in uncivilized cultures with no regards for manners or personal property.
That is why you should kill them. Death to all foreigners!
>>
>>267988
>Not killing dirty adventurer foreigners immediately
Foreigners literally are not people.
>>
>>267936
>I actually think the 7 families was one of the few design mistakes in the game, doesn't really add anything interesting but gives you less choice on the gods/gender of ring members
I somewhat like it, it adds a new element to selecting people and adds a little bit more difficulty to it as well. In KoDP you'll always end up with mostly the same gods if you can but in Six Ages you often take a bit of what you can get, which means more nobles are more usable.
>>
>>267988
>accepting dumb looking armed foreigners into your tula
>>
>>267936
>Good work anon, you should think about posting this as a steam guide or something for people.
Thanks, but I don't actually own the game on Steam. Or at all, for that matter, though that'll change on the next sale now that I can actually play it. Feel free to post it yourself, I wouldn't have done it in an anonymous Rider goat-herding forum if I wanted the credit.
>>
Are there any differences of combat between the Orlanthi (Fighting force composed of infantry) in KoDP and the Riders (Horse Archer army with a few melee elited) in Six Ages?

Judging by how the Horse Spawn are the toughest opponents in Kodp, the Riders should have an advantage against the Orlanthi.
>>
>>269486
Don't be a pussy and just charge.
>>
File: Orlanth.jpg (110 KB, 720x856)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>269486
Yes, there are quite a few differences.
Orlanthi are one of the nastier foes in Ride like the Wind as well. It is the Storm Age afterall, their Golden Age and the dark age for the Solar pantheon.
>>
File: kodp.png (3.11 MB, 1920x1080)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB PNG
I messed up
>>
>>270481
Is this chaos?
>>
>>270481
>Not supporting 0
>>
>>245334
And then they got thrown into a unwinnable battle
>>
>>270481
You gotta show us 0 taking his rightful thrown now
>>
>>270481
Did you not have enough Clans in your tribe or wipe them out?
I had this happen once when I recruited every clan into my tribe. The end-game events where you interact with the other tribes had 0s for them as well.
>>
>>270481
Support 0
>>
>>270481
0 is too rash. Support 0.
>>
>>267988
They're your average RPG player characters, what did you expect?
Be glad they at least didn't have cheeto fingers.
>>
>>267291
I wish it didn't require all this fuckery.
Thanks Anon, I'll give it a try.
>>
Man I keep getting cucked by Heroquests. I have to wait 3 years in between attempts and then they keep eating all my leaders with good stats. I have lost every Orlanth worshipper and I am full of worthless Ernalda and Barntar ones. Finally lost because I took too long.
>>
>>273163
Fucking how? You specified Orlanth. Making of the Storm Tribe can be done pretty much immediately. Orlanth and Aroka is harder, but as long as you keep finishing easier heroquests you can make your leaders into demigods with maxed stats and have practically infinite magic. By the midgame I remember being able to reliably do a heroquest every single year and keep snowballing, and I played on hard.

Checking for the basics: Did you read the lore so you can pick the correct responses on the quest? Do you have 7 different gods in your clan ring? Did you allocate magic to Quests this year? Do you have an Eurmal worshipper so you can allocate more? Is your clan leader an Orlanth worshipper? You're picking the correct god for the Quest, but are you picking guys with the right stats? (Magic is important in all rituals. Orlanth requires Combat and Leadership too, iirc)

That's legitimately all I can think of that influences quest success. They really aren't that hard.
>>
>>273363
I think the only ones left were the Uralda, Chalana Arroy, Humakt and Elmal quests. I did not have any of those worshipers besides Chalanna Arroy, but even those continuously failed the quest. All my Orlanth worshippers were dead, so I had Theya's daughter as my clan leader because she was the only one left with decent leadership. Literally everyone died somehow, either through old age, raids, or failed hero quests. A big mistake I made was trying to explore as well. I only ever got decent rewards within my Tula, everywhere else I went my explorers failed or died despite taking the Vinga blessing for exploration, waiting for good signs, and taking a lot of weaponthanes.

By the end I had only low stat Barntar, Ernalda, and Odayla worshippers left.

From what I understand I needed to complete 6 distinct heroquests, and I managed the first 5 easily. It was just the last one that I couldn't manage to finish. Failed every single time.

Also, I did the Uralda and Chalana Arroy ones earlier in the game just fine. It was only once the game started keeping track of them for the prophecy that I suddenly started having problems. Up until then I was completing heroquests and beefing up my leaders just fine.

I guess it just wasn't my destiny.
>>
>>273363
>(Magic is important in all rituals.
How do you know this?
>>
>getting 40+ weaponthanes seems like cheese and makes the game easy
>game practically forces you into it every time you send thanes away by spamming the "too few thanes" event
I can't tell anymore. Is having 80 weaponthanes intended or not?
>>
>>273163
You don't have to wait. The penalty for doing quests too frequently doesn't seem that big.
>>
>>273500
Fuck, they just advised against it each time and I didn't want to risk it.
>>
I keep starving for some reason. I have had Sun, Rain, Bless Crops and Earthblood up from year 1, but I was still only barely making enough food for a year. And now I'm not getting even that anymore.
>>
>>273555
Did you clear enough wildland by increasing the pasture slider on the farm screen?
>>
>>273363
>as long as you keep finishing easier heroquests you can make your leaders into demigods with maxed stats and have practically infinite magic
Which quests are good for this? Getting wounded drops your stats by a lot, so Lhankor, Ernalda, and Issaries are out of the question even though they're easy.
>>
>>234844
>Ancient norse expected even the undead to obey rule of law

They never stood a chance against niggers
>>
>>223063
>Six Ages
>King of Dragon Pass
I'm a new here.
What is the difference between games?
What is better to buy?
>>
>>273582
Yeah.
>>
>>274039
Six Ages is a prequel. They play mostly the same with some twists that keep it interesting.
>>
Is it just me or does the amount of uninvested Magic you have seem to affect things? I seem to get much worse events and outcomes when I'm in the negatives.
>>
Does anyone know if having multiples of the same skill across multiple leaders stacks in any way? What do the skills even do passively, if anything?
>>
>>274177
Yes it affects everything a little bit. Sacrifices will be easier, divinations will be more accurate, hero quests will be more successful.
>>
>>274039
Six Ages is more beginner friendly, but I think KoDP is better because it's more open ended. Six Ages is more transparent with what things do, whereas KoDP you might struggle more to understand at first.
>>
What's the difference between difficulty levels?
>>
>>270481
>>272888
Rashness is a good thing, if Orlanth had not been rash he would have never begun the Storm Age in the first place!
Support 0!
>>
>>274622
How much you want to actually have a chance of winning vs how much you hate yourself
>>
>>274177
Yes, your magic also functions as you "luck" in a sense. So if it negative bad things happen or worse outcomes and if it is positive good things will happen more or get better outcomes.
It is one of the way to break King of Dragon Pass, since if you get magic from Hero Quests and having lots of magic helps with Hero Quests. Easy to get a runaway snowball effect where you can heroquest 2 or 3 times per year.
>>
>>273555
>>274171
Try doing the Ernalda Feeds the Tribe heroquest for more food. Food can be tight early on but quickly stops being a big problem.
What Difficulty are you on?
>>
File: Fuck the police!.jpg (263 KB, 664x501)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>273478
>I can't tell anymore. Is having 80 weaponthanes intended or not?
>80
That is far too few Weaponthanes. You must immediately recruit more Weaponthanes!
>>
>>273454
It's in the manual.
Orlanthi magic for your clan is ALL god magic, since you don't have Shamans. So Magic is in a sense how close they are to the Gods and Godtimes.
This is obviously going to be EXTREMELY important for Heroquesting, where you go to the godtimes and take on the role of a god.
>>
>>267988
>Adventuring with a Morocanth and an Agimori
AROUND PRAX
NEVER RELAX
>>
>>274654
Grandpa what the fuck is your maggoty ass doing out of your grave? Get back in there, you’re scaring the kids. And stop pestering the village retard, we put him on the clan ring as a joke.
>>
>>274594
Six Ages is harder too though. Some of the difficulty in KoDP comes from learning and understanding the game and strange world, but once you do then you can manipulate it to your advantage to game the system.
>>
>>273163
>Finally lost because I took too long.
In what year does the game Game Over you?
>>
>>274662
>901 weaponthanes
Literally everyone in this tula has a sword. That cottar? Sword. Those carls? Swords. The cattle? They get swords too. That newborn baby? Son, pick up a sword, it's time to learn to defend yourself.
>>
>>274662
>>274699
>Literally everyone in this tula has a sword.
You can see it on the map too. That Tula image has the Nobles houses, the Chieftain's hall, Temples... and Weaponthanes quarters. Literally no crafting halls, no Cotters homes, no Carls Homes or anything else.
>>
>>274824
>your enemies can’t raid your cattle when your carls are also your weaponthanes
>>
>>274865
>your enemies can't raid your cattle when your cattle are also your weaponthanes
>>
>>274662
Is this map only in the original version? it is peak soul.
>>
>>274991
Unfortunately yes. It's the thing I miss the most in the remake.
>>
>>273363
>Orlanth and Aroka is harder
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Orlanth And Aroka Hard Hahahaha Nigga Just Kill Daga Like Nigga Just Keep Fighting; Don't Stop Until Daga Is Slain
>>
>>273363
>Orlanth and Aroka
>Hardest Quest.

How you try having Elmal as your main deity and try "Elmal Guards the Stead"?

Fuck that quest and fuck my nobles deciding to go "Lol fuck Orlanth, imma gonna go Chaos nao." twice during a previous playthrough of mine.
>>
File: Chaos.png (485 KB, 642x353)
485 KB
485 KB PNG
>>275598
>Kinslaying
Enjoy your Chaos events broo.
>>
File: Biting things.png (553 KB, 643x483)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
>>275673
He didn't say it was the hardest, he said it was harder than Making of the Storm Tribe and it is.
The hardest quest is Uralda's anyway.
>>
Anyone know how raising skills works outside of heroquests?
>>
>>274622
It seems to affect the RNG and starting resources.
>>
>>275997
I remember thinking larping as a cow was adorable when I started the quest for the first time
Holy shit was my body not ready
>>
>>276079
With use they'll sometimes go up in some skills although down in others over time such as combat.
If you invest points in Heroes each year your leaders will have their skills start to tick up.
>>
>>275495
I miss being able to see Tula borders on the main map. It's really hard to determine neighbors you touch vs neighbors you are near without it and sometimes you end up raiding someone intending to steal land only to discover you can't.
>>
>>276592
Aren't they shown if you press m?
>>
>>276640
Not on the phone version.
>>
>>276592
Don't they have the letter N after their names if they border you?
>>
>>276524
Custom and Bargaining seem obvious enough, but what can you do to raise Magic?
>>
>>277022
No, those are neighbors but it doesn't mean they actually share a common border with you.
>>
What triggers the clan split?
>>
>>277770
In KoDP it's purely population. Around 1200 people regardless of the size of the tula itself.
>>
>>274654
>"BASED BASED BASED BASED"
>"CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE"
>What the FUCK does it all mean?
>>
>>278031
>clan member whose only advice consists of the words based, cringe, bluepilled, and redpilled in various combinations
>>
>>277022
>>277446
To be precise, those with the N are your direct neighbors, who share a common border with you, and your neighbors' neighbors that share a common border with them. A clan might be geographically nearer to you and not be considered a neighbor because its borders aren't touching you or one of your neighbors.
>>
File: mad oldfag is mad.jpg (284 KB, 672x809)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>278031
>>278044
>>
>>277054
Divinations, spending magic, mostly to who is acting as your clan's top magic guy.
>>
>>277770
>>278007
>purely population
This is why, although fun, it is impractical to take Thralls because they count their full number toward population for splits even though they aren't people.
>>
>>278302
What have you done?!
>>
>>278302
>Dilate.
Holy fucking shit
>>
>>278343
Sounds like you can't do shit with too much land either since you'll never have enough farmers for it.
>>
>>278753
Handy for massive herds though.
>>
File: 2-FirstStrike004.png (494 KB, 640x480)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>>274662
>>
>>278753
I tend to use little land for this reason. I actually pick the smallest land option at the start and only increase it if I start running into problems. It's not very hard to take land from neighbors anyway. But given that it apparently makes it harder to spot incoming raids there doesn't seem to be much benefit to a lot of land.
>>
File: UgliestManinDragonPass.jpg (111 KB, 639x348)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
Well, /vst/? How will you help this nice guy find a good wife?
>>
>>280199
Anon, you must accept that your lot in life is to be unmarried...
>>
>tfw the trickster turns out to be a chaos cultist
>>
>>280476
It was just a joke bro
>>
File: 1466449999222.gif (565 KB, 246x205)
565 KB
565 KB GIF
>do elmal guards the stead with a guy with every skill except plants and animals at Renowned or higher
>he still dies
>>
>>280988
You fucked up bro. Should have given more of your tears.
>>
God I hate how you're on a time limit since you get sky nuked eventually. What's the point of expanding and making a fuck huge tribe?
>>
>>280988
Did you have the artifact that helps with Elma’s guards the stead?
>>
>>281083
Do you mean in Ride like the Wind? You don't get a tribe in that one.
>>
>>281372
Well yeah, it ends in the marriage, but there's no real purpose with accumulating wealth, pop, or cows that much is what I mean.
>>
>>281405
You could argue the same for KoDP.
>>
File: primitive religion 101.png (144 KB, 434x210)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
Six Ages still Win10 exclusive?
>>
>>281646
>>267291
>>
What's usually the proper number of footsoldiers and weaponthanes you need during a raid/cattle raid?
>>
File: DuckM.jpg (43 KB, 426x466)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>281832
I really don't care enough to get a VM up and running just to play the game. I'll tale that as a no and just stick to Dragon Pass.
>>
>>281949
Cope.
>>
>>281949
It's worth the effort for all the new events and art, also the lead dev said they're pretty far along on the second part of Six Ages so you'll have twice as much game soon.
>>
>>281925
For raids defending enemies who are in good strength will usually have 20-30 weaponthanes and 230 footmen. If you have some war blessings you can bring half that number of footmen and win pretty reliably. I wouldn't skimp out of weaponthanes though. I always try to have at least 25. The best blessing is the Humakt blessing that makes each weaponthane count as 2, in my opinion.

Cattleraids I try to bring 11-12, with mostly weaponthanes. There are a few events that recommend bringing no more than 12 on cattle raids so I just stick with that number every time, and try to evade and survive if I get caught. If you actually want to fight and win cattle raids bring the max, but it would be better to just do a regular raid at that point.

If you have an ally or tribesmates you can request them to join you at no cost that I've noticed.

For defense, the Vinga blessing that lets your women join is really good. If you pair that with the Orlanth blessing that strengthens skirmishes and choose Skirmish/Drive Off you can win almost all defense battles, even against much larger forces.
>>
>>282851
I tend to juggle the Vingan one since both of Vinga's blessings are absurdly good and I'd want them running all the time if I could help it.
So when exploring, switch to that one then switch back at all other times.
A benefit of the Fyrdwomen blessing is that I recall it also lowers your population growth, so a smaller amount of your clan will be worthless crotchspawn.
>>
Does cheatengine work on these games?
>>
>>283093
I just sacrifice for that blessing before sending someone exploring but admittedly I don't explore often and keep Fyrdwomen permanently active.
>>
>>283277
>>283277
Nvm, found the values. Wonder if there's a purpose to splitting clans.
>>
So is spending magic during sacred time a noob trap?
>>
>>284005
Try to keep at least two points in reserve. And keep your clan ring diverse.
>>
>>284005
No, the things you get then are massively useful. You want to spend as much as you can then, but keep at least 2 in reserve just in case and to help in general.
Heroquesting is good though along with high population, it is the way to get massive magic reserves that grow faster than you can spend.
>>
>>285118
>>285228
Doesn't having lots of magic in reserve boost your luck?
>>
>>285271
In the abstract yes, but getting specific bonuses to what you want is way, way more important.
>>
>>285271
It does indeed but the effects are minor until you get a large reserve and being able to get immediate specific bonuses is more practical and useful.
Once you're out of stuff to spend it on, then you can start building up an ever growing amount of magic, getting more than you can possibly spend each year so it snowballs until you have hundreds in reserve.
>>
How much food do unslaughtered cows bring in per year?
>>
Is the trickster always in the right with the event where he gives away the herd of funny looking cows or is it completely random?
>>
i've read so many stories about this game here and on /v/ and here's the thing. i think it blows. moving sliders to pick between 11 cows or 12 cows is not fun gameplay.

I wish there was just an interactive fiction version of these games without all the spreadsheet stuff. oh well.
>>
>>286019
You're gonna have to work for that shit
>>
>>285892
I've never seen anything bad happen if you get the cows back.
>>
>>286019
Those without an internal monologue will struggle with the game ;-)

A lot of event and economy related sliders get interesting from context from the larger game state. For example another tribe claims you owe them 15 cows - that tribe could be an ally, enemy, or unimportant distant neutal. And you may have unhappy or content carls/weaponthanes (or injured ones), and you could be at any level of wealth. All of these factors should be considered in whether you pay the full debt, pay half and risk offending the tribe, take it on as a future favor obligation, or launch a punitive raid to boost your own morale.

You could get that same event in a different game and the context could be completely different and would influence your decision making, and not that takes role-playing into account.
>>
>>285892
>>286533
I've had an infestation of broos. Random apparently, perhaps influenced by chaos's strength.
>>
Anyone ever win as thrall takers?
>>
which factor is more important for heroquesting in six ages? skills or being a worshipper of the correct god?
>>
Both games can be boring at times when nothing plot-related is happening in several years and you're pretty well off, so the cicle of exploring, sendings emissaries, trading and fighting gets pretty stale. Nevertheless I'm having fun
>>
File: 1595840455566.jpg (318 KB, 1366x768)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
why can't i raid them? Every other (explored) clan I can raid but not these fucks
>>
>>238789
>>238787
Simon Roy is a god
>>
>>287657
They're not your neighbors. Riders are more reasonable people than the Rams and don't attack halfway across the valley.
>>
>>288111
Well it's the Storm Age so rams can and will raid whoever they want.
>>
>>287360
I do all the time. I actually prefer thrall taking as it's somewhat fun but from a mechanics perspective it is highly disfavored due to how they impact clan splits. Much better to avoid taking thralls and just ransom captives for huge amounts of money.
>>
>>283834
What values did you want?
>>
>Orlanth, the god of FREEDOM
>His people taking slaves
All you heretics should be exterminated
>>
>>288414
He also hates dragons but that's stupid.
>>
I decided to give this another go. I never did form with peace or war clan.

But wtf is this GOG turd that does a popup everytime I change screen?

Wtf did they do the layout?
>>
Does anyone here have art of the Orlanthi to share?

Especially the ones that have the Iron Age Celt designs seen in KoDP rather than the Bronze Age Mishmash I've mostly seen in the searches.
>>
>>288414
It's okay, slaves aren't people.
>>
>>288414
t. thrall manlet
>>
>>288414
>god of freedom

He isn't some american god. He is the storm god, not the god of freedom.

Bunch a pussies. Why should foreigners and other beastmen be free?
>>
>>278302
> having a vaginga in the ring
>>
File: belintar.jpg (75 KB, 405x448)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>288516
>
>>
File: 1477601970905.jpg (1.55 MB, 2000x1424)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>289046
>>
>>288990
>He isn't some american god. He is the storm god, not the god of freedom.
>"I will not be bad like the Emperor, for freedom is my essence."
Won't make it past the Doubting Wheel, anon. Orlanth is the god of Storms AND Freedom

>Bunch a pussies. Why should foreigners and other beastmen be free?
They're not people, but that doesn't mean you should enslave them. Just kill them and take their stuff, it's the true Orlanthi way.
>>
File: Thralldom offer.png (320 KB, 640x480)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
>>288414
Orlanthi society is give and take. It provides an individual with, in Heort's own words, "Recognition, Participation, Protection, Direction, Justice, and Revenge," but also requires them to follow the six social virtues of "Honor, Provision, Defense, Obedience, Justice and Hospitality".

What this tends to boil down to is that only those who actively serve the clan (for example fulfilling the virtue of Provision by farming, or Defense by fighting, though all clan members are assumed to fulfill all the virtues by at least the token amount required by law) can be expected to reap the societies benefits, which include Recognition, Protection and Justice. Those who do not work to bring in the harvest or defend the clan from attack do not receive the benefit of Recognition, and so are not recognized as people at all, but rather as something akin to an object. They do not receive the benefit of protection and so are not to be shielded from nature or disease or their enemies, and they do not receive Justice, and so cannot take action against those that have wronged them.

Your uncle Joe, who has been farming rye his whole life, is a productive member of Orlanthi society and so, has rights. That weird guy who no one has ever seen before has not, is not and so does not.

Thralls fit into a funny place here. They aren't recognized or extended legal rights, but they still help do the work. It's understood that they aren't required to fight, nor have they a household from which to extend hospitality, so they're still stuck being unable to fulfill the virtues. When you free a thrall you are recognizing him as a person.
>>
Remember not to make the same mistake as Orlanth. Don't ignore Malia.
>>
File: Orlanth and Aroka head.jpg (996 KB, 1641x1678)
996 KB
996 KB JPG
>>288516
Perhaps something different.
>>
File: Orlanth Dragonslayer.jpg (301 KB, 742x960)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>289465
>>
>>289454
>They aren't recognized or extended legal rights, but they still help do the work. It's understood that they aren't required to fight, nor have they a household from which to extend hospitality, so they're still stuck being unable to fulfill the virtues.
Precisely. You seem a learned lawspeaker, blessed by Lhankor Mhy. Surely you'll agree that thralls provide Provision and Obedience, at the very least, and are actively prevented from providing the rest according to their abilities. How is this Justice? You are twisting Heort's words, distorting our holy laws like evil sorcerors. And all so you can excuse taking from the poor, unfortunate souls you've enslaved without giving them their due in return. I spit on you, and on the graves of your ancestors who started this despicable practice.

>>289458
I won't fall to the Unholy Trio's tricks so easily! You can keep your cursed piece of cloth. Chalana Arroy will heal me if I catch the cough. You will never take my FREEDOM!
>>
how important is really to have all seven families in the circle?
>>
>>289685
More important even than having all 7 as different gods. The only reason you should ever not have all 7 families would be not having a noble form one of the families, in which case the game won't penalize you for it until one becomes available.
Clan mood will continually drop, you'll get less magic and you'll get bad events.
>>
Is it true that if you piss off the Pharoah enough, he sends an army to Dragon Pass to destroy your clan?
>>
>>290211
I don't believe so, I only know of the Troll, Beastfolk, Dwarf, Dragon, Telmori and Urox clan destruction events.
>>
how to roleplay as Jew clan?
>>
>>229846
If you didn't, you'd know why NOT liking them is a horrible, horrible idea.
>>
>>290252
>Propitiate Malia and Maran Gor regularly
>Only temple's that can be built are to Lhankor May and Issaries
>Anytime an event occurs with a choice to turn two goy clans against each other, do it

I'm sure there is more you could do, but could be a fun challenge run
>>
Are these the enemies who wil actually raid you in-game?

1. Orlanthi Clans and Tribes
2. Horse Spawn
3. Trolls.
3. Beastfolk
4. Praxians
5. Tusk Raiders

I'm basically in the late game (5 heroquests completed and my tribe defeated and killed Saraska.) My problem now is that damned Uralda heroquest and I don't have a Humakt worshiper for the heroquest.

Does Six Ages have more enemies than the above? Who are they besides the other Rider clans and the Rams?
>>
>>290440
Wheels.
>>
>>290440
>I don't have a Humakt worshiper for the heroquest
I've done it with an Orlanthi ubermensch. Spamming Elmal Guards the Steed, if you can make it, is excellent for making Heroquesting demigods.
>>
>>290322
thanks bro, i was serious about it
>>
>>290440
>Who are they besides the other Rider clans and the Rams?
Different kinds of Solars can raid you.
>>
I found the main quest of Six Ages kinda underwhelming compared to KoDP's one to be honest.
In KoDP you build a tribe and eventually a kingdom and have a final trial that culminates with fucking a mountain
in Six Ages it is just like "marry this redhead"
>>
>>290789
yeah, both involve a marriage but in KoDP there's much more fun stuff involved
>>
>>290789
Definitely. I guess it's going for more of an "episodic" angle but it isn't a good direction in my opinion. It feels like you are just waiting the game out as opposed to working towards something like KoDP.
>>
>>290440
>>290778
IIRC you get invaded by demons from >>245511
at some point.
>>
>>290440
Dwarfs and elves also can raid you, but rarely. And Trolls seem to be much stronger because they are proper Night Trolls, not trollkin with Down Syndrome.
>>
>>290952
I don't think elves can actually raid you, they just dick you over with bad events.
>>
>>290952
>>291053
Oh, you mean in Ride like the Wind, my bad.
>>
File: 1511118721210.jpg (101 KB, 1463x823)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>290322
>mfw when that's how I played my first time I won
>mfw I just discovered my paternal family is jewish

Is this being jewish genetic?
>>
>>290252
Seems like your natural enemies should be the elves
>>
>>290440
>Humakt worshiper for the heroquest.
I frankly never had a Humakt leader or made one do a heroquest. I almost alway made my stronkest leader do most of the heroquests except maybe that one about cows and my heroquester kept dying.
>>
>>273163
>cucked by Heroquests.
2D Myths can't fuck your mom.
>>
>>251701
You’re looking for “King of Sartar”, in /tg/‘s trove.
>>
>>291486
>he hasn't unlocked the urox mounts ernalda heroquest
>>
>>291569
Thanks anon, that looks fascinating. The wiki fooled me, I thought the setting's present was the Lunar occupation of Dragon Pass and was extremely salty about it.
>>
>>291472
Jewishness is literally matrilinial. If your mother and her line of mothers is jewish then you're a jew. If your father is a jew, you're nothing.
>>
>>291480
>>290440
Humakti are an especially bad choice for their own Heroquest because if they fuck it up and die you can't resurrect them and if they fuck it up and survive they become pure Orlanthi instead of being Humakti.
Best off just sending someone big and touch to do it. Orlanth followers work well since you get tons of those.
>>
File: urox joke.png (52 KB, 1177x403)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>292030
>Storm Bulls
>>
>>292276
well, you're still good enough to get Israeli citzenship if your father is a jew
>>
>>292182
The modern day setting was in 1619 for a very long time, the stuff about Harshax really only shows up in King of Sartar, and Stafford implied elsewhere that the Fourth Age is our world (Just like in Tolkein!)

Moving the present that the RPG takes place in from 1619 to 1625 introduces a lot of metaplot backstory, because the Lunars kill Orlanth and Ernalda and bring about a mini-great darkness for two years, then the lunar high command is eaten by a dragon.
>>
So what exactly is Magic used for? Does it do anything passively?
>>
>>292687
And I'm talking about the skill.
>>
Is Six Ages more difficult than KoDP on normal difficulty or is it just me being less familiar with SA? I think it would make sense considering SA's setting is more gloomy and you even get an achievement if you manage to beat the game without your clan facing starvation
>>
>>292754
I think Six Ages is more fair but also more difficult.
>>
>>292690
>>292687
Divinations, dealing with spirits and things, sacrifices and rituals, pretty much everything when doing a Hero Quest.
>>
File: eerie merchant moon.jpg (1.7 MB, 3254x1644)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>292557
>Lunars kill Orlanth and Ernalda
Such a bad idea. I mean, I know that Chaos keeps coming back in sneakier and sneakier ways but killing Orlanth and Ernalda and thinking they wouldn't come back or you wouldn't fuck everything up?
Occluded as fuck.
>>
>>292557
>the Lunars kill Orlanth and Ernalda and bring about a mini-great darkness for two years, then the lunar high command is eaten by a dragon.
Alright, I'll need to read about that too. Is it in King of Sartar?
>>
you guys are awesome but now i need to go. Ill be resting at twitch.tv/sleep_chat thanks everyone
>>
File: PraxianRaiders.jpg (155 KB, 640x480)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
I'm interested in the world of Glorantha, what's the best source of info to start for a newbie like me who got introduced to the world through KoDP?
>>
File: Sheng Seleris Stands.png (140 KB, 363x672)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
SHENG SELERIS DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
Without a hint of irony or misdirection, I wish to state as fact:
Kajabor literally did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1606973472577.jpg (50 KB, 492x590)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
The only japanese art of Runequest.
>>
File: 1606973580613.jpg (48 KB, 463x480)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>293172
>>
File: 1606973595886.jpg (90 KB, 586x820)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>293174
>>
>>293176
So clean shaven.
>>
>>293059
Head over to /tg/ and check in the share thread for the HeroQuest archives or rebrand links. There's plenty of books there set in Glorantha that'll flesh out the world for you.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.