[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 49 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (208 KB, 795x533)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
It's our time
>>
File: 1666267463776837.jpg (36 KB, 320x489)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1316915
Feels good being a basebuilder

Is They are Billions worth $23? Anything underrated on sale?
>>
>>1316959
Yeah it's great. Be warned that the campaign mode is lackluster but the sandbox mode is the real meat of the game
>>
>>1316915
hopefully this includes citybuilder
>>
>>1317034
It does from what I can see
>>
>>1316959
frostpunk for $7 is good value
>>
>>1316915
anybody tested plan b: terraform? I watched a stream a few days ago and it seemed pretty chill like per aspera
but there was some basic stuff still missing as its not even early access yet (just a demo)
>>
Why are there so many high fantasy cartoony village builders?
>>
File: conan unconquered.jpg (42 KB, 460x215)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
i never played they are billions because zombies are played out. but pic related is supposed to be billions but in conan setting.
anybody got an opinion on it?
>>
>>1317133
Funcom are milking this IP hard lately
>>
Is Farthest Frontier any good?
>>
>>1317434
A better Banished.
As long as you enjoy being raped by bigger and bigger armies of looters.
>>
>>1317123
>plan b: terraform
Is the terraforming extensive?
>>
>>1317438
Does it at least allow you to just set up defenses and "passively" deal with looters or does it constantly demand your attention?
>>
File: dmeo.png (1.67 MB, 1486x884)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>1316915
we got a free demo up

do your worst

we also changed a ton of shit since first EA launch based on tons of feedback. also online multi is in for the demo if you want to 1v1 a friend.
>>
>>1317528
Oh this has been sitting in my wishlist for a while, time to try it out
>>
>>1317434
it is, dare i say it, the best banished
it has lag problems that are being addressed for the next update and hopefully it will all be good and we can dance under the stars
>>
>>1317131
because there has yet to be 1 good one.
>>
>>1317528
fucking buy an ad you insufferable faggot.
I will never play your shit game just because of your spam. genre define a dick up your ass.
>>
>>1317558
>>1317528
You game is bugged to shit. The campaign AI just stopped moving or attacking after I captured the first region. Saving and restarting didn't fix it.
Why release a demo when it makes your game look like shit? Thanks I guess. I'll wait until this leaves EA to see if it's any better
>>
>>1317528
fuck off nigger
>>
>>1317595
That is the ad. You replied to it, You proved it worked. You are the problem.
>>
>>1316915
>check sale
>already own any game that looks good

maybe next year
>>
>>1317794
you replied to the reply, you proved the reply worked, you are the (((you)))
>>
>>1317133
It's okay but I prefer billions
>>1317123
Damn this looks great, gonna try the demo
>>1317131
Appeals to casuals, easy to make it simpler.
>>
>>1317558
thank you!

>>1317696
currently trying to fix it. strategy game AI is a bitch. see also: every strategy game.

>>1317595
>>1317792
go back to posting in hoi4 mod threads
>>
>>1317811
hoi4 sucks, your mods suck, your game sucks, you suck.
>>
File: cantata cuck.jpg (102 KB, 996x351)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>1317528
>>1317811
explain this you hand-rubbing walking snot faucet.
fuck greater khazaria.
>>
File: 5de.gif (998 KB, 500x700)
998 KB
998 KB GIF
>>1316915
>this look like a nice oportunity to fetch some games
>checking
>3/4 of the list is fucking indie EA for the price of AAA
>what remains are glorified tower defense shit
Fuck you very much and your mother too
>>
>>1317838
good lord thats some faggot bullshit right there.
>reminder this is a "fantasy" game supposedly...
>>
>>1317838
Wow, not even going to try it after reading that bs. Imagine siding with the world's clearinghouse for human, arms, and drug trafficking.
>>
>>1317889
honestly who gives a fuck about "siding" with either of those jewhives?
The problem is *what the fuck does this have to do with "the genre-defining grand tactics game that tasks you with fighting epic turn-based battles"?
I'd almost understand if it was a historical game or took place in either country or in that region or anything. I'd still think it was embarrassingly stupid, but I'd at least get what they were doing.
>>
>>1317838
Bought this game just for this
>>
well anyway
is there a game that's halfway in between Workers and Resources and Sim City 4? I want a city with actual industries (not just a yellow "industry" bar) through which goods flow, but I don't want to purchase every single pickup truck.
>>
>>1317528
based
>>
I bought Northgard + Rat and Squirrel clans cause they sound interesting. Played a couple campaign missions and restarted two vs AI games as I figure out how to play. Seems fun and comfy and scratches the itch of wanting to play 4x and RTS but not wanting to play Civ or Starcraft cause I'm burnt out on them.
>>
Can anyone convince me not to buy this? I played the free prologue ages ago and had decent time, how is the replayability of current content compared to that?
>>
>>1317892
I give a fuck, why? Because at least in vidya i don't want to be reprimanded because i dare to get comfy
>>
>>1318028
Anno ?
>>
>>1318057
yes, exactly, but fuck both faggot countries who gives a fuck which one you want to suck off
>>
>>1317838
lol
>>
>>1318054
It looks like a mobile game.
>>
File: 342325.jpg (435 KB, 1920x1080)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
>>1318054
>...
>>
>>1317838
> condemn any actions taken for imperialist, fascist and/or racist means
that's why we stand with Wagner Group
the frog shall be boiled inshallah
>>
>>1317454
You could turn them off if you want at game start.
>>
>>1318092
That doesn't answer the question.
>>
>>1317821
>>1317838
>>1317871
>>1317889
>>1317892
damn I am owned!
>>
just tried Steamworld Build demo, its very simple but has some nice features. Like telling you how far service buildings reach, the current demand/produce of resources and you can nilly willy move buildings without razing them, thus restructure your shit without wasting resources. casual building
>>
Anyone tried Farlanders? Looks interesting, a comfy, turn-based 2D puzzle/colony builder. So far i'm disliking how the terraforming works but everything else is great
>>
>>1318117
>Esther kinda cute
>Esther and Marco look like they could be twins
>Mom wants you to marry Esther
>>
File: Capture3.jpg (10 KB, 157x234)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Yes I'm AM a weeb
>>
>>1318054
It's a card game
If you don't mind that then it's fine
>>
>>1318331
Any good weeb city builders?
>>
File: cutie.png (71 KB, 151x197)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>1318140
For me it's Victoria
>>
>>1318386
All mobile shit
Does EraToho counts?
>>
Is Nebuchadzanner good?
It's on discount and I'm looking to scratch my Pharaoh itc.
>>
>>1318331
Is this something similar to Dorf Romantik, but with anime girls?
hmm, less than 10$, but it smell like mobile port
Also, what the fucking deal with all these chink moonrunes? It's not fully translated or something?
>>
>>1318863
>Pharaoh
It's basicaly Emperor with new layer of paint, and minus some of the features (campaign, diplomacy, interesing RNG generated maps). So if you liked E, and don't mind shir ecoming repetitive after a few maps, you will probably will like it too.
But te advised that after some play time game could develop serious performance issues (there's a fucking memory leak bug that developers apparently don't give a shit about) which make it borderline unplayable - including previously saved games.
TL;DR - 6/10,get only if you really love oldschool Sierra CB
>>
>>1318903
I thought it does have a campaign? I'll probably be fine with the other stuff missing, though I never played Emperor.
Btw, does it have unlimited resources or can I mine it out?
>But te advised that after some play time game could develop serious performance issues (there's a fucking memory leak bug that developers apparently don't give a shit about) which make it borderline unplayable - including previously saved games.
This is way more worrying. But is it something simple like restart the game and it's fine? Or something more serious? Like it leaks into your save or some bullshit?
>>
>>1318386
does kairosoft count
>>
File: 1614455552284.jpg (714 KB, 1499x954)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
>>1318863
Not really. It's literally an EA that they claim is finished and adding "free content" and jewing expansions. When the game first came out and was missing features/was ass the devs just banned everyone who spoke up and kept yelling "YOURE PLAYING IT WRONG!" till the refunds hit and then tried to pretend like it never happened and started adding shit in. It has some very questionable gameplay design, industry has very small range so you constantly need to build a shit load of these donky hualers to transport goods across your city, but the range for warehouses and industry is so small that you are just making all these logistical lines to transport shit literally down the block. Industry also has "employee cards" that can add more people to work, transport, ect. but in general either everything but "add more workers" are useless. I guess it's ok now and the devs are finally humble. Grahpically it looks just like the games, audio is good and the temple maker gives a lot of freedom that normally the series doesn't have. I would also suggest checking out the game Sumaritans as well on steam, that one is actually trying to mix up the genre a bit.
>>
>>1317123
tried the demo
looks boring and terrible
>>
>>1319320
Noted thanks. I'll keep an eye on that one.
Think I'll probably hold off for now.
>>
>>1318117
It's pretty fun. Feels rewarding to plan out your city quite far in advance, and to balance growth with resource security. It does feel quite RNGy with the terraforming but it gives you a fair few tools to mitigate it.
I skipped all the visual novel stuff, the first few ones were just boring.
>>
where the fuck did New Cycle come from
>>
>>1319320
Why can't city builders go back to this style. I don't think it ever reached its full potential.
>>
>>1316959
>Is They are Billions worth $23?
If you need to ask - you are more retarded than that pricetag
>>
>>1318117
Demo is great but it's definitely more of a puzzle game than a city builder
>>
>>1317528
I only played it for a little bit but I wanted to give some praise to whoever did the visual design/art direction. Really love the art in this game.
>>
>>1319668
Because morons have thought 3D models = better looking since the early 00's.
>>
>>1316915
Is Dyson Sphere Program good?
>>
>>1319881
Yes, it fits in nicely with Factorio and Satisfactory. They 're going at add enemies next though and it may or may not ruin the game
>>
>>1317528
I have no idea what the intention behind the ammo system is, but it makes the game really tedious.
It actually feels more like advance wars now, which I remember you saying was an anti goal, though again I don't know why, AW is a good game. You're going to get recognised as unique for the art alone, you don't need to try to revolutionise the gameplay as well.
Maps still feel too big, the ammo system makes that feel worse since it's so grindy to get anywhere setting up supply lines.
The basebuilding is better with the global supply instead of bothering with each building's inventory. Not sure how you could scrap that but move it notion into the unit inventory. It's always felt like the resource management is some mechanic you brainstormed and thought was cool but have never been able to integrate into anything fun.
The unit abilities are also annoying and microy. The gunship for example feels like busywork to cast it's speed buff, if it's free and can be cast every turn why not have it be a passive effect aura?
Also it's buggy as shit. That plus your lack of direction and seeming lack of understanding of the principles of game design (and the fact your marketing strategy includes shilling on 4chan) gives me a lot of doubts about how this game will turn out.
>>
>>1319668
Because it's neither cheap looking for a phone game nor expensive looking for a PC game.
>>
>>1317528
Nice! I'll give it a try, anon.
>>
>>1319288
still cant believe im addicted to these games
>>
>>1317838
DoA. Talk about not knowing your target audience.
>>
>>1319854
Sim City 4 is the best looking city builder and that uses 3D models

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.