[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 104 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tqctMl6aS3C0tiI1mEMD36or.jpg (1.21 MB, 2880x2160)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
it's been two and a half years since this game released and we got one (1) major expansion so far. where is my east asia dlc, wiz?
>>
They need to give flavor to the rest of the map before they add East Asia. All we've gotten so far is Norshit, le multikulti Iberia meme, and "Build-a-Culture Workshop."
>>
>>1314339
Please understand, the pandemic slowed down game development. Yes, the other games at Paradox were still receiving content at the time, but ignore that. Pretend that never happened. Trust the plan.
>>
>>1314339
>east asia dlc
kys.
>>
>>1314339
>>1314356
>>1314359
>>1314366
We need India downloadable content first sirs
>>
>>1314366
Gladly, but I want to able to kiss my sister in the Land of Rising Sun too.
>>
>>1314339
The Crusades are super problematic. M'kay?
>>
>>1314339
Honestly I tried giving CK3 a go because CK2 is my favorite game. 5k hours, which I know is pleb-tier compared to some of the guys here, but still.
The game is just bad. It has a handful of interesting mechanics, but is still a big downgrade even after years.
Cadet branches are annoying and clunky and pointless and confusing, even for a veteran like me.
Fails to resolve the issue of player bloat (wherein the player comes to be unstoppable within ~100 years if they play properly, no matter the start). Instead it makes the problem worse by adding dynastic mechanics that give you greater control over relatives at no cost.
Crusader Kings has ALWAYS had shitty UI, and even the shit UI in CK2 is way better than CK1. Aside from the ability to click to keep submenus and a few sub-submenus, the UI is infinitely worse in CK3. Even basic things like seeing if a territory is raided or not is impossible. They cut a bunch of map-modes for no reason, like dev. They even have map-modes that they lock away in menus, like the court language map. They literally programmed in extra game info for players and then locked them out of it.
The only UI improvements is a few key alerts in the issues menu, like the game reminding you that you can ask for money from the Pope. But things like that could have been put into CK2 quite easily and are not a substantial improvement for players like me who know to be aware of those mechanics.
Characters having less traits was supposed to give them more stark personality differences, but ended up making them 2D characterettes. Even after gutting character personalities, there is still horrific trait and modifier bloat on characters.
Schemes having a timer element is so gay, especially for seduction/romance. It literally is putting in enough good boy tokens to seduce the Empress.
>>
>>1314380
The culture mechanics are an interesting idea, but ultimately a poor execution. You end up with Anglo-Bohemian and shit like that because some Anglo guy got lucky and inherited the kingdom. The game doesn't know when a conquest is a genuine migrationary invasion that uproots the locals (like the Normans and English) or just an ordinary war to put some relative on the throne. Having scripted divergences/melting pots was clunky, but it prevented retarded shit while giving some dynamism. Well, some retarded shit. You can proc Norman in Cornwall as a viking lmao
Retarded shit from CK2 is still in the game, like the entire subcontinent of India.
They actually regressed the game on revolts and made them stupider. I believe Conclave, or maybe Legacy of Rome, made it so vassal revolts spawned as a "revolt" nation of the same tier. This was harder than before, when the vassals rose up independently. But that is essentially what the vassals are doing in CK3, so they literally regressed. It's possible they always saw revolt nations as a stop-gap measure and wanted them removed, but I don't think this solution was worth it.
Lastly, they broke crusades. Jesus fucking Christ. Hope people who play Crusader Kings don't care if the crusades function well, huh? Not that they work particularly well in CK2, even after HF, but come on.
>>
>>1314339
>wiz?
wiz has nothing to do with this game you fucking retard
>>
>>1314382
>Retarded shit from CK2 is still in the game, like the entire subcontinent of India.

Has anyone ever played a CK2 or 3 game in India?
>>
>>1314383
Wiz is the new Johan for purposes like this
>>
>>1314382
CK3 is just another example of parajews' hatred for European people
>>
>>1314382
>Retarded shit from CK2 is still in the game, like the entire subcontinent of India.
They added India because of their Muslim fetish. As soon as they started adding Islamic game content they felt compelled to add in India so Muslim players could go on conquests there like they did historically.
>>
>>1314388
Alexandr Oltner is the CK3 game director
Blame him not Wiz
Wiz is a good boy
>>
>>1314386
I've started a couple CK2 games there, but I wasn't having particularly much fun with those runs so they didn't last long.
>>
>>1314386
Cheevochads have played there
>>
>>1314397
>Wiz is a good boy
He fucking messed up Victoria 3!
>>
At least they added fart events haha
>>
>>1314386
I have, in CK2. Jainist unification of the entire subcontinent.
India is fine, content wise. The big problem was adding a whole new host of characters that fuck over the framerate in the last century of gameplay, but aside from that it's fine.
>>
File: CK3 Sims.png (679 KB, 742x710)
679 KB
679 KB PNG
>>1314380
>>1314382
Also they removed the portraits, which were fine (specially the ones added towards the end of CK2's development) in order to put these cartoonish abominations.
It's almost as bad as the artstyle switch between Civ 5 and Civ 6.
>>
>>1314435
The funny/sad part is, that screenshot looks a lot better than the Sims actually does
>>
>>1314386
>>1314406
>>1314432
Honestly, I feel like India lacked something unique in CK2. You were essentially playing Europe with a new coat of paint and a rather superficial flavor. Muslims had decadence and great emphasis on virtuous life, Pagans had raiding and an actually interesting flavor, while Indians have a lackluster and meaningless caste system, the Diwali festival, and tiger hunts, which are just reskinned feasts and normal hunts. They had mechanics like monastic order, choosing your branch of the religion (was it only Buddhist?) and focusing on the cult of one of many gods, but Christians, Muslims and Pagans had those things, often better versions of Indian ones.
>>1314436
Does it? Clothing looks nice but backgrounds are shitty and facial expressions always look uncanny, even if faces have more pronounced features compared to more cartoony Sims.
>>
>>1314480
>Does it?
Yeah, it does. The Sims makes the slop Paradox churns out look amazing
>>
>>1314386
Only as Turkic Muslims.
>>
>>1314486
This. 3 did look like an upgrade to 2 but 4's body editing was pretty grotesque and the whole thing generally looked worse than 3, especially if you zoomed out to see the skybox was a finite snow globe and not a skybox.
I think they have even fewer polygons on 4's mannequins than CKIII has, just look at the shoulder in image related, it's basically the same number of points as 2's. Though maybe CKIII would benefit from having lower poly models.
>>
File: Truth.png (41 KB, 511x333)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>1314339
Chud game for chudcels. Glad it flopped.
>>
>>1314386
started as Pala in 769, managed to form Bengal Empire in 801, reached 818 I think before i quit because Uyghur fags skipped the tarim basin and Tibet and decided to conquer duchy of delhi, fuck that, also had different run where i adopted Chinese imperialism as islamic and conquered half of India
>>
>>1314386
norse viking count of maldives
>>
>east asia dlc
Game is already wide as an ocean and shallow as a puddle. Why would you want to widen it before you deepen it?
>>
>>1314511
>go out of your way to be as inoffensive as possible
>still get jews kvetching
Appeasement does not work
>>
>>1314386
I've done a few - helps that I'm Buddhist IRL. I ended up liking playing in Tibet and the Tarim basin more though - that puts you in range of India, the steppe, and China so there are a lot of distinct regional mechanics around. Playing the middle of India surrounded by other Indians is a bit underbaked in comparison.
>>
>>1314495
3 improved on a technical level but the art style was awful, weird potatofaces and dull, flat lighting
>>
>>1314511
>call Paradox antisemitic over some minor meme country
>refuse to reply to any comments
>leave
Uh, a based redd*tor?
>>
>paradrones beg for DLC
>>
>>1314383
you've become the new johan
seethe more wiz
>>
>>1314783
The game has no content so I have to suck their cock for some drops of cum
>>
>>1314397
Wiz has not made a single good game in his career. For all intents and purposes he's worse than Johan.
>>
>>1314828
>buying a game with no content on the hope that years down the line the devs will give you the chance to pay them more money in exchange for some content
paradrones truly are a strange breed
>>
>>1314339
i can't stand ck3's gavelkind
in ck2 there was some semblance of order, your sons would inherit with respect to the dejure duchies and result in semi-reasonable domains that you could influence yourself to a limited extent
ck3 is a complete clusterfuck, sons will inherit duchies utterly randomly even if they own 0 land on them, even if your domain is set perfectly to allow an orderly division
ck3 is also filled with this paranoia that you will try to game the system, i couldn't name my son duke of munster because "you cannot give him a title that he will not inherit" even though he owned every single dejure country in there, he would instead inherit the duchy of ulster (in which he owned 0 land) and munster would go to his brother, who owned land in ulster

and for almost every playable character you are stuck with this succession type for until 1200 ad because the devs must have thought that this would be an amazing way to extend gameplay

also i guess that in ck3 troops have insta-teleportation abilities and your marshal can increase your levies throughout your entire realm, so i suppose the need for compact realms with reasonable borders is not as relevant
in ck2 if your domain was a clusterfuck it could be dangerous because your troops could have trouble connecting with each other in a civil war, but that was clearly too complicated for the ck3 audience
>>
>>1315097
It doesn't help that there's pretty easy ways to just avoid being fucked by gavelkind with the dynasty system, so you're incentivized to just not interact with the inheritance system rather than let it influence your game.
>>
>>1315097
change your capital duchy
>>
>>1314339
I want imperial government and republics, I want societies
I recognize the fact this game had not the typical shitty pdx launch but it lacks content

two more years, trust the plan
>>
>>1314339
Welcome to Paradox current management and its impact on their games, even the successful ones (reminder this was their best launch ever) - they genuinely can't produce games anymore, for they have no fucking clue how to handle them in any other approach than "bee-boop-beep, drone 0312 has to make new DLC in 210 days from now"
>>
File: 1664216736120.jpg (28 KB, 500x500)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
> "dude this game has no content but the foundations are great, can't wait to see what they'll do next!"
> play the game
> the foundations are shit
> they do nothing with the game
>>
>>1314356
this is true, need to flesh out the regions in the game before expanding the map eastward.

middle east, india, africa and central asia is on the map but severely lacking in content. I would say they gotta cover at least two of the regions I just mentioned before adding china and SEA.
>>
>>1314380
>They cut a bunch of map-modes for no reason
I will never forgive them

also
>the rest of your post
based
>>
>>1315695
Pretty much
Only people that play CK3 are coomers and trannies
>>
>>1315097
I agree
If you don't play the byzantine empire or as the Bohemian. You have to do a mad dash to become an empire to atleast maybe prevent or at least diminish the confederate partitioning. After that you have a long wait before you can even get a decent inheritance law. And yes the partitioning is completely bunker.
>hey we want to split your shit up but you don't have land outside of your main duchy to give to your unlanded sons.
>no problem we will just give split it up and give it to them and give them all kingdom titles on top so that your heir will have jack shit.
>HAVE FUN!
>>
>>1314495
for me it's 2
>>
>>1314386
no, I only ever play in england, spain, and the middle east.
>>
>>1315695
>> "dude this game has no content but the foundations are great, can't wait to see what they'll do next!"

This is basically what every positive review says about the game.

>"T-there's a lot of potential guys!"
>>
>my culture has to think really hard for 80 years to give all my lands to my eldest son
ok
>>
>>1314392
>Muslim fetish
They should actually fucking fluff out the muslims in that case because they're so boring to play outside of Iberia
>>
I'm sad but it seems paradox is reaching that point for me so many game companies have where they're richer than ever but I don't look forward to any of their games. There will always be something new to look forward to eventually somewhere.
>>
Paradox has become decedent and useless
Time for a new prince to emerge
>>
>>1317154
Sadly I have to agree. Lack of content and increasingly becoming social justice oriented. Their official discord server for Crusader Kings bans Pepe and Deus Vult memes, ran by discord mods and PDX community managers. Developers are also in the server itself. It really makes me think how can they think this way when their player-base is so different than what their modern community team preaches.
>>
File: CK devs woke.png (25 KB, 1288x97)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>1317171
>Their official discord server for Crusader Kings bans Pepe and Deus Vult memes
I thought you were joking at first lol
>>
File: 5120-vibepepe.png (13 KB, 96x96)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>1317198
I got banned from ALL official Paradox discord servers for refusing to comply with their Pepe rule for my profile picture. Within minutes of changing my picture to pepe I was contacted by a moderator (not the PDX community managers), but just a discord mod. I told them to shove sand and within the next 24 hours I was banned off every single server.
>>
The game is boring as hell because you're blobbing on the map with no nuanced state mechanics while dealing with repetitive pop-ups for your character which are just boring and feel railroaded. The two should both be fleshed out and flow into each other organically. Like I might be a Shah who just wants to eat dates but I'm madly in love with a Nestorian woman, which leads to me trying to conquer the Holy Land and give Jerusalem to her on a platter. Or maybe I'm an autistic map-painter but to get things done I have to eat out the queen's haggard pussy. EU4 is a bloated mess but it kind of works in its favor because there's a million spinning plates to balance and distract you until about 1650 when the player is completely snowballed and there's nothing left to do but blob. CK3 should add a lot more country mechanics and modifiers to give the player a clearer goal, and then let the feudal character system be the source of RNG wackiness that makes a playthrough feel fun and unpredictable.
>>
>>1314339
Just play Rajas of Asia, it's really good. Shame it doesn't have Korea yet.

>>1317209
The game is still kinda fun if you start as a tribal pagan ruler of a small duchy. You have several goals to keep you entertained for a while like reforming your religion, going feudal and so on. The game still falls short after like 3 or 4 generations, but it's still much better than another HRE/Abbasids/vikings run.
>>
what do you guys think the dev diary today is going to be?
>>
>>1314386
Yes. But main role of India is counterbalacing Persia.
>>
>>1315097
>ck3 is a complete clusterfuck, sons will inherit duchies utterly randomly even if they own 0 land on them
So you mean that CK3 is more realistic and true to history?
>>
>"The unification of Germany is going well. I secured the cardinal's loyalty with daily handjobs and I have sixteen sons to ensure a smooth succession of power. I prevent dynastic infighting by praying to God daily that there be no dynastic infighting. The army is strong, we have archery competitions with much drinking to ensure that our soldiers are drilled to the peak of efficiency and professionalism. Our economic policy is that farms grow crops and they should keep doing that. We tried to build a windmill but we couldn't secure the funds. A Jew offered to pay for it if I put up the rents on my estate as collateral and give him a promissory note. I didn't understand him at all so I beheaded him instead. I think Germany is already unified but the only map I have dates back to 200 A.D. and it might be outdated. Everything is stable. Bismarck out."
>>
File: TestamentKrzywoustego.png (10 KB, 440x440)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>1317349
no, i mean the exact opposite
>>
>>1317209
Weird that never went with traits influencing your game more since traits are the bread and butter of CK2. Rather flavour events were uniform for everyone and sparingly there would be unique choices if one of your skills is high enough
>>
>>1317417
ha
>>
File: Screenshot_385.png (19 KB, 1047x268)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
advanced feudal politics
but hey look we got fart events and you can seduce LE POPE!
>>
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1158310/eventcomments/3757725518103082361
lol
lmao
>>
>>1314383
wiz is a retard and no, flag occupation will always look super shitty, I don't care that you personally like it
>>
>>1314397
>Alexandr Oltner
I cannot understand how ck3 has been such a failure, afaik he worked on holy fury right? How is this shitshow possible then?
>>
>>1317242
lol
>>
File: 1673177249960202.jpg (28 KB, 495x362)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1314419
>MOMMY THEY TOOK MY TOY SOLDIERS AWAY!!!!!
>>
>>1317533
*mommy, they took away the gameplay entirely
Like sure, dude, I'm sure you like the glorified clicker game stuff but most of us aren't into that
>>
>>1317533
I look like that and say that.
>>
>>1314380
>They cut a bunch of map-modes for no reason, like dev. They even have map-modes that they lock away in menus, like the court language map. They literally programmed in extra game info for players and then locked them out of it.
I find this one particularly funny, because it's literally the same thing they did in Imperator when it first released. It had maybe like 5-6 map modes and that's it. Only in the last patch when they reworked the entire UI to be actually pleasing to look at they decided to add all the missing map modes and whatnot.
It's 100% the problem with the lead design team at Paradox now that probably thinks that map modes are redundant or something, and it literally takes the few brawns and brains of their company that tried to salvage Imperator to fix issues like that.
>>
>>1317597
ngl the map fucking sucks. I can't see my vassals land easily, I just want to see the border gore I created. And having to score the map on close up just to find the enemies army is a pain in the butt when you're a huge empire.
>>
>>1317533
I call them "my guys" actually
>>
This game is just boring. I play it for a few and it just not fun, even if you RP. I think I'm going to go back to CK2.
>>
>>1314359
kek
>>
File: paracucks.jpg (135 KB, 747x780)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
This game will never be good with the fucking braindead faggots that are in the community. Pic related are some of the common responses to the voting poll for the next "event pack". Fuck these retards, most of the posts that were calling out Paradox for their bullshit and the state of the game after two years were met with outrage from the cocksuckers. Steam comments were pretty fun to read though.
>>
Thanks for the money cucks!
>>
>>1317204
>banning frogposters
pretty based imo
>>
>still churning out useless shit for the cash cow eu4 like more missions for sweden and africa
>not even memeing
>left the rome game dead in the water and likely to do the same for ck3
>>
>>1318027
What do you expect from a site that bans anyone who as much as dare naysay the dev/mods.
Paradox Plaza used to be a good to decent forum like 10-15 years ago.
>>
Why would there be an East Asia DLC?
>>
I'm just waiting for Guardians of Azeroth to be released on CK3. Also, LOTR Realms in Exile to finally get the One Ring mechanics.
>>
>>1317564
Forget the dancing cat (real), are you a talking frog (real)??!!!
>>
File: 1673247652935660.webm (1.51 MB, 352x640)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB WEBM
>>1318506
Even better. Watch this:
>>
>>1315097
The game would be so much better if you designated which sons got what, and if they didn't like each other or you, and didn't respect your decision, they could go to your vassals or be approached/used by them to overthrow your heir on succession. You know, like practically every succession crisis in history.
>>
>>1318636
For example:

>Designate one son as heir
>He gets ALL of the land
>Other son has a 60 - 70 opinion of you and a -10 - 20 opinion of your designated heir
>You die
>Unchosen son goes to vassals and attempts to agitate them
>They get a bonus to their threshold to revolt based on how much they like the unpicked son, your laws, their opinion of your previous ruler and this new heir, and how little land you gave the unchosen son
>Passing laws makes vassals less willing to revolt based on amount of land/primogeniture/etc.

Now having your kids like each other, and giving your kids the land YOU want to give them, actually matters.
>>
>>1318639
>he thinks Crusader Kings is an actual medieval history simulator instead of a virtual version of a Sims boardgame with incest and deus vult memes
kek, the game doesn't even pretend to try to represent actual medieval warfare (no logistics nor actually important castles), nigga
>>
>>1314339
Game is completely devoid of content, least thing it needs more localized content like NL, FoI.

Here is my pitch for major expansion:
>"The Kingmaker"
>landed titles are separated into rulers and "holders".
>ruler of a title is the one who actually rulers it
>holder of a title is one who legally holds the land
>character can only be rulers to one county at time, their capital, but hold any number of titles
>this means, most of the map is ruled by bailiff who might lack holding of their own but rule a county in behalf of someone else
>50% of the levies and tax will go to holder and the rest to the ruler
>this concept eliminates the need for "domain limit"
>>
>>1317601
Basically, the key in CK2 is that you can Ctrl+M1 to break the realm apart and see the direct vassals. If you want to see the vassals underneath them, you click that too. You could also combine this with other map-modes, so you could do things like see dukes of your dynasty running around in other kingdoms by using the dynasty map mode. Similarly, you could use it to see how gov types/religion/culture were all interacting, all at a glance and within the tiered structure of feudalism.
The high IQ supergeniuses at PDX knew that people liked to break apart realms as a way to see vassals, so they kept the Ctrl+M1 ability, but only for the political map. You can no longer use that UI to see direct vassals' dynasties, the cultural/religious interactions with their vassals, or anything of the sort.

I know this sounds like the most autistic shit imaginable, but you need all this crazy UI shit if you actually want the play to be able to access any of it at a glance. There's just way too much information being spammed at the player 24/7, even in the dumbed down sequel.
Given how vastly superior CK2's UI is to CK1, and how vital good UI is to the game, I really thought they would improve it in CK3 somehow. Instead of actually improving the UI, they just cut massive chunks of it out. No need to make information more accessible if you just deny it to player entirely.
>>
>>1318696
The issue is that Crusader Kings is primarily meant as an intrigue simulator and political operations game. If you eject the feudal content for optional bailiff systems and the like (not that it is any less realistic in some of these contexts, btw), it will fuck up the core mechanic of the game. People want to live out Game of Thrones, not micro-manage bailiffs.
>ah shit, fucked that one's wife. gotta fire him
>alright, character finder: male, no prison, my culture/religion, not great house; sort by stewardship
>alright not him, he's ambitious
>not him, he's clearly a satanist
>okay here we go
>ah fuck another bailiff died
Power creep is also a huge issue in games that release DLC, and PDX is no stranger to it in any of their mainline games. Releasing a massively OP mechanic like that inevitably breaks the rest of the game.
Hey genius, if they get rid of demense limit, what do they do with the entire stewardship stat? It manages the taxes your bailiffs send you, I guess? But diplo is already supposed to do taxes so... Both do it now? Cringe.

The issue is that the playerbase hates content for specific regions now. They consider it a scam, but CK3 was built with the intention of doing that (just like CK2 did). Since players won't accept it, the devs are fucked.
We are 3 years in and every country plays the same. The game is fucked.
>>
>>1314435
I disagreed with you when I first read this, but I was thinking about it more and you are 110% right. You are right beyond right, my friend. Portraits made each character feel you unique; each portrait was easily identifiable; you could easily see who and what everyone was, including if they had wounds, had just been in battle, were sick with a disease, had a congenital of some sort, and so on.
CK2 wasn't always that way, mind you. In vanilla, your children got randomly assigned a portrait. Sometimes, your attractive/strong son just happened to get the Triple Chin Neckbeard portrait and there was nothing you could do lol. They worked on the game and improved it and it paid off.
I can see your point, though I think the design decision to graduate to avatars was inevitable.
>>
>>1318699
>Power creep is also a huge issue in games that release DLC,
the artifacts for instance served nothing but power creep. You can now get +10 martial from owning Charlemagne's testicle and become even more overpowered.

>Hey genius, if they get rid of demense limit, what do they do with the entire stewardship stat?
I think it should tie into control, and modify title creation cost, but also impact building construction speed and cost.
>>
>>1314435
they are cartoonish because they are low poly, they are low poly because engine is already struggling to render low poly, and would be unplayable with more realistic portraits

I cannot fathom why we need rendered 3D portraits
>>
>>1318747
Because Paradox hired a bunch of modellers.
That's literally it.
You're going to see 3D portraits in every future paradox game because they have to give these extra modellers something to do.
>>
>>1314380
>Cadet branches are annoying and clunky and pointless and confusing, even for a veteran like me.
I was one of the people who begged them to add cadet dynasties, because I couldn't care about situations where half the Europe was ruled by Karling clan. If they were to split into their own plans it might have been interesting.
But the way they decided to form cadet branches results in random parts splitting off.

>Characters having less traits
Not even mentioning AI rarely abides by its personality. Zealous Catholic women will become adulterers (despite adultery being a sin in Catholicism), Just characters joining every faction, Humble characters will demand artifacts from you.
Personality traits end up being just arbitrary stat modifiers, when I would argue they shouldn't even impact stats but enable special character interactions and decisions, but we can't have that because everything needs to be locked in lifestyles.
>>
>>1314435
>Civ 5 and Civ 6.
The switch from ugly garbage phone game to ugly garbage phone game?
>>
>>1315695
>Bough in hopes that i can mod battle system to be not shit
>it's impossible
>devs not fixing it
>they not doing anything at all actually
That was last paradox game i bough. Never ever again, if there be anything worthy (chance 0.001%) i gonna get it on torrents.
>>
File: 3245.jpg (438 KB, 544x748)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
>>1315097
They could have paid some attention to the historical partition.
E.g. William had three sons:
>oldest got Normandy
>2nd received England
>3rd only got monetary compensation
This was because England and Normandy were essentially seen as equal value, Normandy was richer, more fertile, and more densely populated than England.
Pic-related is how the game handles it.

>oldest will get England and Normandy
>2nd random duchy in England
>3rd random duchy in England

I think the solution would be to make it so that:
>if the ruler holds counties within multiple de jure kingdoms, child A will inherit everything in kingdom A, child B will inherit everything in kingdom B, and the remaining children will subdivide the gold
>If the ruler only holds counties within one kingdom, only then will they start splitting duchies
>>
>>1318822
I love the battle system
In CK2 you could actually defeat 1:5 with luck and strategic flanking.
In CK3 you can't even win 1:2 unless you:
>you defend in mountains (good luck with Finland that has no mountains nor hills)
>you have significantly better general

Pyrrhic victories in CK2 were common and added tactical values, where you could wear down enemies even if lost in every battle.
In CK3 because 90% of casualties come from the retreat, defeated armies will always take more casualties, even if the defenders had a superior defensive position because the devs are too stupid to understand the difference between a retreat and a rout.
>>
>>1317209
I call this "player bloat" and it's a huge problem in all PDX games. If you play them properly, you are the eminent worldpower within a century, regardless of which nation/character you start as.
There are a few solutions:
1) Do smaller campaigns with limited goals. For instance, restore Rome and then just stop.
2) Stop letting the game tie you down. You can use mechanics to "teleport" across the map, like Varangian adventures or messing with your inheritance mechanics.
I remember that, in one campaign, I jumped from king of Germany to Latin Emperor to king of Egypt to king of Songhai to king of England to Latin Emperor - again, all while maintaining my Hungarian/Catholic culture and religion.
>>
>>1319088
My own solution was this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2598510445

Essentially, every time you die, you have picked a new unrelated ruler who has ambitious-trait.

This pretty much transforms the entire gameplay as it's irrelevant if you become the most powerful ruler because when you die, AI might destroy it fast. Therefore, the goal becomes "can I do something noteworthy and build something sustainable within a single lifetime?".
Additionally, if your heir becomes ambitious you might play as them.

E.g in my current run, I:
>restored Zoroastrism, AI successors split the realm into two states, and after 150 Abbasids annexed the western half
>as a Bavarian duke I usurped the empire of Italy from Karlings, but AI's successor lost control of most of the empire and the title was auto-destroyed
>as Indian ruler I came very close to unifying India, only to be murdered and my empire divided between children
>as Estonian chieftain I bough Orthodox Christianity to Finland and restored the fallen kingdom of Finland

It's somewhat sad to see AI fuck everything up, but true to life, all empires collapse sooner or later.
>>
>>1319088
>>1319116

Rome Total War was fun for fucking around because you could invade enemy territory, slaughter every army, sack and exterminate every city, destroy their buildings, recruit all their peasants and force-migrate and disband them in your territory for the population boost, and then give back all the smoking ruins to the enemy. If CK3 had more in-depth campaigning mechanics for managing supplies and winning battles, and make it so that punitive but ultimately pointless campaigns solve "problems" back home by showing how big your dick is, I could see CK3 being fun playing as some Charlemagne-type guy who's stopped expanding but is fighting stupid border wars to keep his momentum going.
>>
>>1319140
CK3 audience is allergic to the idea of pops, so I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
>>
>>1318699
I just realized that we are 3 years in and we only have one major DLC.
I wonder what EPICC graphics ala the royal court that they are cooking up for the next DLC that'll slow down it's development time. 2nd big DLC 4 years after the game comes out.
>>
>>1314339
Its easy to find. Just follow these simple instructions.
1) Drop your pants.
2) Squirt plenty of lube up your ass.
3) Bend over and place your head firmly between your knees.
4) Wait for Wiz to mount you.
5) Once he has finished grunting reach behind and shove your hand up your butt
6) There you will find a nice new and shiny DLC for CKIII.

Trust me.
>>
what the fuck why are so many retards spamming /vst/ threads all of the time
>>
>>1314386
I migrate as norse lord from quiif for best farmland county in south of it(right near Sri Lanka)
Same with african gold mine counties but i use the norse lord from Brittany
>>
>>1314435
Man that reminds of needing to play sims medieval again
>>
>>1319504
>Wiz
why do people keep bringing him up?
Is he dev lead of CK3 these days? I thought he was busy with VIC3 and hadn't been involved with CK3..
>>
>>1319514
I bet they've pulled resources from CK3 to unfuck vic3 but under Wiz's leadership that's like trying to save a rotting corpse
>>
>>1319116
Wow that’s amazing, I’m gonna install that when I get home.
Thanks for sharing.
Got any other neat stories from using the mod?
>>
File: What am I reading.gif (1.37 MB, 430x360)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>>1314382
>The game doesn't know when a conquest is a genuine migrationary invasion that uproots the locals (like the Normans and English)
>rest of the post
>>
>>1314386
Unification of India is like one of the most fun activities in CK2, especially when you start as a Tibetan and get extra fluff to that.
Meanwhile, in CK3, India is just flat-out broken, being one of the easiest starts, regardless of culture. I think I've only played more games as Bohemia in CK3 than any Indian kingdom.

t. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz
>>
>>1314382
>when the vassals rose up independently.
Vassals rising independently was actually good.
It allowed third parties to easily conquer parts of empires that couldn't otherwise have been able to match.
Compare CK3 where it doesn't matter how many civil wars Byzantine Empire fights, nothing will change.
>>
Are there any good mods that have something similar to Imperial Decay from Sinews or War but harder to cheese?
>>
>>1318882
Understanding the ck2 combat system is arcane knowledge. Narrow flanking is dark sorcery.

Ck3 just feels like "stack as many modifiers as you can and hope they don't outnumber you too much, also spam allies because the AI will too. Which is a shame because I think the army composition system in ck3 is pretty fun.
>>
File: Screenshot_324.png (1.52 MB, 1287x855)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>1314339
i remember playing in ireland and attacking a count who was allied to the duke of bohemia
i thought to myself "oh cool, he is landlocked so his alliance is worthless", only to watch his army epically walk on water with 0 hindrance, 1000 miles away from his territories

i ended up having to forge a marriage alliance with the duke of aquitaine, who was delighted to join this war that he had absolutely 0 strategic interest in, because i spent 150 prestige currency to call him
his troops also walked on water and heroically crushed the bohemian invasion, that had to walk 1000 miles all the way back to their territories through the celtic sea, only to repeat this journey again twice more after they would lose their "shattered" status because AI strategic behavior appears to be equivalent to that of enemies in tower defense games

it really makes you wonder how the fuck people can touch these games or god forbid feel "immersed" in them
just extremely low IQ people? maybe children? i can't fathom seeing such scenarios unfold before your eyes and not being instantly put off
but i suppose if you are part of the "haha dude, wars lmao, i fucked my sister lmao, i seduced the pope lmao, dynasty buffs lmao" crowd then this is just the game for you
>>
>>1320693
>also spam allies because the AI will too
I hate this so much, AI will just casually lend you all their troops for 10 years, even if the alliance breaks.
If you are against all odds, you can just bethrode your child to half the Europe, call them to war, and then immediately break betrayal, because they will still commit. You only take prestige hit.
>>
>>1320746
>>1320756
protip: set diplomatic range to restricted and exclave independence to total in game rules to prevent situations like those, or at least make them more rare
>>
Did the modders realize their fuck ups yet and went back to work on CK2 ?
>>
>>1320800
>max out exclave independence
>AI has no idea over the existence of this mechanic
>keeps fighting and bankrupting itself over land that it will lose in a few years
>>
>>1320746
Combining land units with the transport ships was one of the most retarded ideas they've come up with for CK3
It's like they completely ignore the basic logistics of those times and hell even the modern times.
>Vikings being limited to how much loot they can carry by the size of their fleet, gone
>Limiting the speed and numbers of crusaders by the size of their fleets, gone
>strategically allying people that can actually get to you? nah you can call your 2nd degree maternal cousin from Mongolia no problem, he has never seen a sea? Who cares?
>>
This isn't a strategy game or a roleplay game. It's a playing with dolls game. Similar to the Sims. Except the Sims is actually a better game for that.
>>
>>1320800
that is how I play, it doesn't matter.
>as king of Finland your diplomatic range is still far enough to reach duke of Spoleto (Spoleto is next to Rome)
You'd think restricted diplomacy range would prevent it but alas no.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.16 MB, 1920x1200)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>1320873
>>as king of Finland your diplomatic range is still far enough to reach duke of Spoleto (Spoleto is next to Rome)
you're either bullshitting me, kingdom-rank rulers have longer range than duke-rank rulers or some mod that I have modifies this because I cannot even interact with this guy in Lusatia from Finland

>>1320838
>>keeps fighting and bankrupting itself over land that it will lose in a few years
IMO AI should behave according to personalities and interests of the characters it controls, not optimal style of gameplay. maybe those rulers just want that land for themselves and don't care what happens after they die?
>>
>>1320901
>you're either bullshitting me, kingdom-rank rulers have longer range than duke-rank rulers or some mod that I have modifies this because I cannot even interact with this guy in Lusatia from Finland
multiple factors
same religion extends diplomacy significantly, furthermore, my kingdom spanned all the way to Prussia (despite my capital being in Finland), and I think diplomatic range is calculated on the closest county of the realm
>>
>>1320907
>same religion extends diplomacy significantly
becoming catholic as finland is extremely cucked
>>
>>1320938
being moose worshipper is shit
holy war cb allowed to united three tribes, conquer livonia, and novgorod within a single lifetime
>>
>>1320901
>maybe those rulers just want that land for themselves and don't care what happens after they die?
yeah but they behave identically whether the option is on or not, therefore i cannot delude myself
the game is utterly hopeless
>>
>>1319116
or you can just
crlt+'
debug mode
character finder
play 000000001
>>
>>1321002
you get a cb to conquer whole duchies + subjugation once you reach the first level of fame as an independent pagan ruler anyway
you can comfortably unify the finnish tribes within a single lifetime without becoming cucktholic
>>
>>1321328
you can only use subjugation war once, and it only vassalize, thus the vassal will most likely revolt immmeddiately.
conquest cb cost piety, and tribla need large amount of piety for everything, so it's easier to do with piety
>>
>>1320855
It was immersive to see counties and holdings develop in CK2. You could build up your shithole into a beautiful metropole and it felt rewarding to do. You developed each particular part of a holding, and shipyards were a part of that. Did it and all of the other developments for baronies have to be streamlined (I’M STREAMMMLOONIGN!) away?

They tied technology to culture rather than the provinces with the rational that “the CK2 tech system isn’t engaging, and neither is parking your spymaster on Constantinople”. And parking your steward on your capital to increase development is? It’s been retardified.

Rome having only four buildings doesn’t feel right. Buildings are gamified and don’t represent anything particularly. Who asked for CK2’s building/development system to be changed? Who was to dumb to understand it? Was having to build shipyards that hard for normies?
>>
Has nobody seriously made a historical immersion mod for CK3?
>>
>>1321368
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2775683808
It's not bad, but there are catches:
>turning on Submission to Authority will just crash the game
>turning on mods for nativized title and realm names often results in missing localization errors like the Andalusian caliph's name ending in Al_Rahman_arabic_pat_dad_name on top of making distinguishing between council positions difficult, so I just recommend turning those off entirely
>Sinews of War is nice in many aspects like nerfing playing tall and allowing you to see your capital growing the more land your conquer, but Imperial Decay is too easy to stave off and AI rulers will just increase taxes in their holdings to the max, leading to endless peasant revolts that you will be called to
>it also can't be turned on with Cultures Expanded at the same time because every ruler will get access to every MaA type without the necessary tech, leading to tribal rulers running around with trebuchets in 867
>Inherichance will only work with Epithet and Custom Title Form of Adress turned off and even then only in Alea Iacta Est mode, Underdog Challenge mode doesn't work at all, even with Inherichance being the only mod turned on (most likely the author's fault)
>the list is missing some key (in my opinion) mods like Historic Invasions or More Interactive Vassals
Honestly I am just considering making my own mod pack to make those pitfalls easier to avoid, because it seems like CMH is barely maintained nowadays if at all
>>
>>1321367
>You could build up your shithole into a beautiful metropole and it felt rewarding to do
that was stupid, you shouldn't be able to make Stockholm richer than Paris, even if Sweden conquered the universe, they still wouldn't be able to accomplish that

>Rome having only four buildings doesn’t feel right.
Rome is already too rich as it is, the medieval population of Rome was 20,000, while Constantinople's was 500,000 yet the game gives them the same starting development
>>
>>1321381
>Honestly I am just considering making my own mod pack to make those pitfalls easier to avoid, because it seems like CMH is barely maintained nowadays if at all
Please post it here if you do
>>
>>1320746
>it really makes you wonder how the fuck people can touch these games or god forbid feel "immersed" in them
this a game with tinder event where you flip through portraits by "swiping" and select whom you will try seducing, when no ruler had portrait before 1350, and especially no random courtiers.
Or how you can wingman your sister into becoming an adultress in a faith that punish adultery by execution, so epic. Or billions events devoted cats and dogs, but 0 for horses and lions (that ruler often kept as pets to show off of their wealth) are nowhere to be seen.

The dev team sure has their priorities in order.
>>
>>1314339
big fan of how your secrets are being "storaged" indefinitely
so they will inevitably be discovered by a spymaster mission RNG no matter what

also big fan of how the existence of these secrets is not reflected anywhere in AI behavior
so the patriarch will pay me hush money to prevent his homosexuality secret from spilling, then a few weeks later he will excommunicate me (because the blackmail interaction reduced his opinion of me), completely oblivious of the fact that i can now reveal the secret (that he just paid to keep hidden) in retaliation
>>
>>1321381
>viet
LOL
>>
>>1321485
I hate the entire secret system
>guy blackmails me, I give in
>the secret is revealed a regardless a month later
>>
>>1318874
a small correction, the eldest of william had completely lost favor with his father and even rebelled against him at some point, making william consider completely denouncing him
so him getting normandy instead of england could be interpreted as a punishment

after inheriting normandy he was also known for being poor and he had to mortgage his duchy for the expenses of joining the crusade
returning from the crusade, he was trying to get married for dowry since he couldn't afford to reclaim his duchy otherwise

that aside yes we seriously need more historically authentic inheritance, including the ability to negotiate on how titles are split or the ability to buy them out
CK systems always felt too rigid
>>
>>1321498
The sons of Emperor Louis revolted against their father once they heard about his succession plan.
Inspired by it, it would be a "succession plan", in which the ruler would have to designate who gets what.
Children's opinions would be based on what their father is willing to give them, sons that get nothing might demand inclusion and start wandering if they don't get included.
All inheritors and powerful vassals would have to ratify the plan, if the plan isn't ratified on death, the realm gets dissolved and the son with the highest intrigue will inherit all remaining titles.
>>
>>1321488
there is nothing wrong with viet, just restrict the events to serious ones
>>
>>1318160
>frogposter
Why are you speaking like a tranny?
>>
>>1321680
Pepe is a dead meme.
>>
>>1321525
Not him but Have you ever used the mod? I had it in ck2 and uninstalled after one play through it made me feel like I was hallucinating.

Every three months you get some insanely inconsequential pop up like
>today I felt kind of sad for a minute but then I felt better
>ok (1 prestige)
It is seriously the worst mod I’ve ever played in my fucking life
>>
In Ck3 how can I feudalize as the pechenegs without having my country name be my dynasty name?

I tried to hybridize culture with the Hungarians and took magyar heritage and I thought that would work but it didn’t
>>
>>1321687
It is, but your use of tranny buzzword language shows that you don’t dislike Pepe because it’s dead and old, you dislike it because you’re scared the magachuds are coming to get you and rape your tranny anus
>>
>>1321705
I didn't know trannies had a monopoly on calling frogposters frogposters.
>>
>>1321381
>Honestly I am just considering making my own mod pack
Do it... vnghhh.. make a /vst/ mod pack...
>>
>>1315097
I cant stand that you HAVE to continue playing as the oldest son
Literally in every single of my playthroughs it has happened that my 2d or 3rd son is vastly better, more interesting, and would inherit a better land
It would keep the gameplay from being this fucking stale
Also why is the AI so bad at managing my children? Why is my 3yo prince already a drunkard flagellant
>>
>>1323234
you don't HAVE to. if you have absolute realm authority, you can designate your successor from among your sons.
>>
>>1323234
>I cant stand that you HAVE to continue playing as the oldest son
You can literally just switch characters and play as the younger son instead you fucking retard
>>
>>1314359
>Yes, the other games at Paradox were still receiving content at the time
Better no content than the Leviathan update for EU4.
>>
>>1323417
2 years later I'm still wondering what's wrong with Leviathan.
>>
>>1323420
>broke North American natives, and not in a fun way
>added australian aboriginals, the only human group that actually forgot how to make fire as actual states on the map
>added monuments that break the game's already tattered balance
>released in an incredibly busted state with shit like +100% conversion speed policies
>>
>>1323422
>the only human group that actually forgot how to make fire as actual states on the map
They what?
>>
>>1323497
Tasmanian aboriginals lost the knowledge of how to make fire.
>>
>>1321699
You can rename your dynasty
>>
>>1323497
>>1323513
they still knew how to keep a flame alive by constantly throwing wood at it, but they actually forgot how to make a new flame lol
>>
>>1323234
Just fucking disinherit him. CK3's partition is absolutely irrelevant when you can cancel out everything with a click of a button.
>>
>>1323527
I have heard the hypothesis that basically all adults and elders (the people with the actual know-how of everything) died due to epidemics and other disasters; thus leaving a bunch of teenagers and young adults by themselves without first having been given said orally transmitted knowledge by the deceased. If true, it would make the modern liberal obsession with their spiritual and naturalistic culture specially funny/sad.
>>
>>1314339
the sinister thing about paradox is they only attack their loyal customers. if you full up pirate the game and crack it you never have to put up with the monthly breaking of things.
the cream api just to ad some skins or a overpriced garbage dlc only punishes people who actually bought a legit copy of the game.
read between the lines and notice that paradox encourage you to pirate their games. you shouldnt buy it at all. then u get stuck in the loop of having things break with intentional shit updates to their joke launchers that just adds more annoying clicks to run the game.
>>
>>1323726
>cream api
doesn't support Linux, makes me seethe
>>
>>1323778
goldberg emulator does, but I think it's as seamless. you'll probably have to install mods manually.
>>
>>1324434
I don't think*
>>
File: git gud faggot.png (2.95 MB, 1628x1004)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB PNG
I gave up on CK3 doing cheevo runs because the Iberia in Pieces expansion was autistic.
>dude build loads of shit for fucking centuries so you can compromise or do peace
I just gave up. Wasn't fun. I could take the entire continent and it would have been solved by force.

I will go back when they put in East Asia/SEA.

>>1314386
I did once. I tried to cover the land on poo but my PC isn't good enough and slowed down at this point.
>>
>>1320855
>Vikings being limited to how much loot they can carry by the size of their fleet, gone
What? They literally do have a limit, do you actually look? If you have 2000 guys, you have lets say 200g limit, you lose 1000, it goes down to 100g. Like, this shit is right there.
>>
File: BYEzantium.jpg (703 KB, 1920x1200)
703 KB
703 KB JPG
>>1320670
>Compare CK3 where it doesn't matter how many civil wars Byzantine Empire fights, nothing will change.
Eh? This is native, no mods.
>>
>>1324446
Yeah I should've specified that they're limited by the number of troops.
Which is a retarded concept because one bad battle can set you back months of looting.
It's not good from the gameplay perspective and I don't like it.
Back then it was: you have 50 ships you can take up to 5000 guys and transport 500 gold.
Easy and logical, and you don't lose gold because an enemy decided to doomstack at you.
Also you can't take more troops than you have ships (which you usually had less than enough for the first several decades) so you're forced to upgrade those simultaneously limiting how much gold you can actually spend on other stuff.
>>
>>1324461
Short of them adding a 'wagon/transport' unit to build that allows you to take whatever regardless of troop numbers, I see no way of fixing that for land armies. Not only vikings raided.
>>
>>1324461
honestly, CK3 ruined the entire art of raiding
in CK2
>raiders are fast and hard to catch
which accurate
in CK3
>CK2 players complained about raiding being annoyed, so they made raiding slower
>defenders can now mobilize a huge army next to raid site, and catch the raiding army
>thus raiding a bigger realm is impossible
I feel half the changes made in CK3 were made by someone who didn't understand why CK2 did them in the first place
>>
>>1324479
>I feel half the changes made in CK3 were made by someone who didn't understand why CK2 did them in the first place
they literally took the guy from the Game of Thrones mod for CK2 to do it for them
They literally took a bunch of ideas from his mod and slapped them onto vanilla CK2 and called it a day.
>>
>>1324480
Then why can't I rape my prisoners?
>>
>>1324488
You can with mods.
>>
>>1324496
And these mods would be where?
>>
>>1324503
Loverslab. Along with sex animations and other things.
>>
>>1324505
>>1324503
I should note I couldn't get any animations to play with rape in prison, even with forced content enabled. I assume I didn't have the animations for it or they weren't done. I gave up trying to mod the game.

I was more annoyed I couldn't change when kids got their traits growing up. I hated waiting 14(?) years for them to get three absolute shit traits and options to change them. I wanted them to all pop within first 4 years so I could then just get rid of them if they were shit. But every time I tried to change the age they popped it wouldn't work. So I gave up.
>>
>>1324461
Nah, the lootbar is lowkey very based.
1) Realistic
2) Encourages you to fight raiders and smaller armies
3) Shows the player the effect of sacking castles/looting provinces
4) Allows you to raid inland, fucking finally
It's a good mechanic and it's not something I ever heard anyone talk about prior to CK3. It was a genuine innovation they had, even if it probably came from them removing ships.
>>
>>1324774
>4) Allows you to raid inland, fucking finally
what the fuck are you talking about?
If you go inland in CK3 you suffer a massive attrition and because how granulated the provinces had become it's actually harder to get any decent place to loot consistently.
In CK2 you could still loot inland, yeah you didn't get any gold for doing so but it still made the invaded side lose the wealth in the province and you always had a chance for some captives who often were ransomed for more than you actually looted.
>>
>>1324442
good morning sirs
>>
>>1321415
>even if Sweden conquered the universe, they still wouldn't be able to accomplish that
you are retarded if you think that
>>
>>1325015
Why would they do it anon? Barbarians who conquered wealthy regions always moved their capital to the conquered area instead of developing their poor existing lands.
>>
>>1324479
Get nerfed, faggot.

CK2 is the much more casual game than CK3.
>>
>>1325062
>CK2 is the much more casual game than CK3.
fucking kek
>>
>>1321692
I don't get it, either. It serves no gameplay purpose. it's just glorified fanfiction. Uninstalled that shit quick
>>
File: 1654321609521.gif (475 KB, 499x374)
475 KB
475 KB GIF
>>1314435
Same retarded shit got ported to Victoria 3. Who the fuck cares about having 3D models in Paradox games?
>>
>>1314339
CK isn’t a grand strategy game anymore. It’s an RPG with a map like mountain blade.
>>
>>1319510
Unironically more fun than CK3.
>>
>>1324479
You can pretty easily always catch raiders by exploiting AI.
Just move your army to the province. When the raiders start running, raise levies to attack them from inside the province. The levies will be annihilated due to low morale, but they hold the army in place long enough for your main force to arrive. AIs can't tell whether you raised levies in the province or not (tbf players can't either unless it's their own demesne).
You can also load your army into a boat and land it on their province. The AI has no way to detect naval movements. If your army goes onto a boat, the AI thinks it popped out of existence.
The issue is really the why of it. Honestly, you're usually best off by just letting the raiders plunder as much as they want. Who cares if they plunder your vassals' castles? If anything, that only weakens their ability to conspire against you. As long as they don't fuck with my dynasty members, I let them do whatever.
>>
>>1325258
I thought the 3D models in CK3 wouldn't be too bad. Sadly the tech just isn't there yet.
They also needed to choose a cartoony graphical set-up, imo. Players need to be able to look at a character and determine as much info as possible, like their gender/relative age/major deformities/etc. A cartoon would be much better at getting that across than a "realistic" model, which still just looks like the Sims anyway.
This wasn't something CK2 launched with, btw. Portraits used to be random and wouldn't update for injuries or diseases (not that diseases really existed in base game).
I think the idea was that 3D models could then do things in events, like you'd get to see your character fighting another one. But that didn't really pan out. All the events are just freeze-frames of some guy standing somewhere, either clearly smiling like he just fucked the Queen or frowning like his cock fell off.
>>
India is already bloat, why would you want east asia?
>>
>>1325068
It's objectively true, unless you're trash, and don't know how broken Hermetic Society and Devil Worshippers are.
>>
>>1325258
it makes sense for a game focused on characters like ck3, but shoehorning them into a game that should focus on institutions rather than characters like victoria 3 is just dumb
>>
>>1325402
>Devil Worshippers
I almost forgot that cancer existed, fuck you for reminding me.
>>
>>1314356
they need to cut down the map to just europe and the revelant bits of mena
who the fuck actually played in india or centralasia or afrika more than once? cut all that bullshit out, save on dev time and performance.
>>
File: 1556998506596.jpg (51 KB, 640x640)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1325464
>who the fuck actually played in india or centralasia or afrika more than once?
You rang?
>>
>playing as al-andalus mooslem
>crusades begin
>rush papacy and siege rome
>capture pope and end war instantly
was it kino....??
>>
>>1326314
No, that's boring, and dare I say, cheesy.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.