[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: OIP (10).jpg (19 KB, 474x266)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
fireaxis is making a new xcom game.

what you would like in features and stuff ?
>>
File: alle.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Time Units instead of 2 action points
Less cartoony design
No Pods, instead a proper AI that moves around the map, searches for you and cooperates with each other
No abilities
Suppression mechanic
Simulated ballistics instead of RNG
>>
>>1312905
Why "no abilities"?
>>
>>1312905
>Less cartoony design
>Simulated ballistics instead of RNG
These for sure.
Also Xenonauts had the right idea with cold war setting but they failed to use it in the full extent.
I would want to see player balancing between paranoia that the other side might want to team up with aliens or they might win the cold war by faster adopting the alien tech but on the other hand realisation that humanity has to be united to face exraterrestrial threat.
So you would havre to choose what information you say to the public and what information you'd give to the other side and what remains top secret while the other side would do the same.
>>
>>1312910
Because im playing a planetary defense simulator, not MMO
If devs want to add cool stuff they should make equipment for it. For eg if i want to i dont know use a rifle that has 2 bursts in a turn instead of 1 tie it to a specific piece of equipment instead of cooldown ability from a ability tree
>>
>>1312896
XCOM 3 is already coming out. It's called Xenonauts 2
>>
>>1312932
>already coming out
In next 3 years?
>>
>>1312987
Make that 7 and it'll be more plausible.
>>
>>1312919
Ppls is different, and they can learn or not learn different tricks.
Ability to shoot twice per turn is just aim twice as fast, or skill for compensate recoil if in same target. I see no reason why it should stick to weapon model only.
>>
>>1312896
I really really like character customization so I want more personalized soldiers.
Like for example they added traits in 2 but they're only for penalties. I want positive, mixed, and negative traits being pumped into every soldier to make them more varied and flavorful.
I also want overall more control over the created ones. I was bummed I wasn't allowed to set combat intelligence or teamplay compatibility for my custom lads.
More team size manipulation in missions, so I end up preparing different soldiers for more specialized operations. I wanna have a solo operative trained and prepared for spec ops shit.
Voice packs with different personalities, so I can have more than just the cheery quippy marine type lads.
Some sandbox gamemode with either no clear ending or an ability to comfortably postpone it indefinitely so I can play around with my meticulously customized and upgraded lads.
>>
>>1312896
a turn based system that isn't completely built on arbitrary restrictions
>>
File: 1616363591435.png (511 KB, 559x802)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
>>1312896
Sex with Snek.
>>
>>1312896
Less marvel-tier cutscenes/dialogue, war of the chosen was legitimately embarrassing to play through.
Also make a new version of Apocalypse.
>>
>>1313012
This, unfortunately i think we are getting exactly the opposite given the latest fireaxis record (war of the chosen, chimera squad and this new capeshit game)
>>
File: 1525600181473.gif (351 KB, 263x239)
351 KB
351 KB GIF
>>1312913
yeah this was my biggest pet peeve with the game, the whole Cold War was just an aesthetics theme and had no impact on gameplay whatsoever
>no USA scrambling every fight and kitchen sink to intercept everything that flies within 100 miles of Cheyenne
>no USSR firing nuclear anti-ballistic missiles at anything approaching Moscow
>no-one trying to play you against the other
>no assasinations, bribery or espionage
>>
File: file.png (158 KB, 962x228)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>1312896
XCOM2WOTC but with more templates for the Chosen, more abilities and weaknesses they can have, more classes, more enemies, more cosmetics and voices, more mission objectives and maps, etc
sure it's not peak XCOM or peak TBS or peak anything really but I thought it was in a pretty fun spot it just kinda dropped off once you sunk 10 or so hours in and then repeat playthroughs were a chore after you beat it once
the scripted missions were ok but there needed to be a way to fully turn off scripted content for future playthroughs
some optimisation would be nice too but it's Firaxis I ain't holding my breath
>>
>>1312905
basically none of this
>>
>>1312896
Tech progression that isn't just a straight numbers upgrade.

One of the coolest things about the original Xcom was that your style of combat would change of the course of the game. You'd go from squishy soldiers who needed to get in close with aliens to flying suits who could mind control or snipe enemies from across the map.

Almost all the games inspired by Xcom go for boring "+1 rifle" tech progression that leads to combat feeling exactly the same at every point of the game.

Better ability to recover from dead soldiers.

Xcom wants to be a punishing game where soldiers die with ease but also makes it a lot harder to play if you lose your experienced soldiers with any regularity. This leads to extremely defensive play to minimize the chance of dead soldiers.

Make it easier to bring a new soldier up to par with your experienced ones, or easier to fight with sub-par soldiers. Then you can make the game properly deadly and force players to put their soldiers in risky positions.
>>
Lots of good posts itt. I'd add that a good air and base building game is key too. Steal some ideas from the old xcom mods, but we all know the devs never even played vanilla let alone mods for it lol
>>1313012
This was a pretty big problem for me too.
So much fucking baby brain cringe. I honestly thought that some of the Elders were secretly supporting you. It was the only way any of this made sense to me.
>>
>>1313501
>>1313562
Fuck off kindly.
>>
File: 1554857783784.jpg (29 KB, 653x461)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1313689
fag
>>
File: blaster.png (12 KB, 640x400)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Bring it back you fucking cowards.
>>
>>1312896
>what you would like in features and stuff ?
Discrete time with pause. You press the space bar once and it advances the game by one tick. All units, including friendlies and enemies, advance when you press the space bar. You are able to set the action (move, crouch, attack, etc) for any unit between space bar presses.

>>1313575
>Xcom wants to be a punishing game where soldiers die with ease but also makes it a lot harder to play if you lose your experienced soldiers with any regularity. This leads to extremely defensive play to minimize the chance of dead soldiers.
Yeah, this.
>>
>>1312896
United humanity genociding xenos. Unlike the two pieces of turds they shat out last time.
>>
>>1312896
More realistic tone and aesthetics
Also, go back to the "Every soldier is a nobody who will perhaps become someone through his actions" philosophy rather than the "lead a small squad of 4 superheroes" nu-XCOM design.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (95 KB, 480x720)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>1312896
Full frontal option for your soldiers, of course.
but no Skyrim audience. fuck these fags
>>
>>1314041
>Discrete time with pause. You press the space bar once and it advances the game by one tick. All units, including friendlies and enemies, advance when you press the space bar. You are able to set the action (move, crouch, attack, etc) for any unit between space bar presses.
So basicaly what UFO: Aftermatch were using? It wasn't working that good, especially for missions where you were fighting in tight places / CQC
>>
Two types of soldiers:
Grunts, which don't have many abilities but are numerous and easy to recruit.
Heroes, which have classes and abilities and act as force multipliers, but you have a very limited roster.

In the early campaign, you may just have 2 teams each with 1 hero and 9 grunts that you field for the typical kill all aliens missions. Only later on would you have enough heros to put multiple on a team.
Simple grunts with limited skills let you have many of them on your team without bloating the decision space, while the heroes leading the team give you those special abilities to make the exciting big plays. You could also have rare spec-ops missions where you have to send your best 4 units to complete a difficult task.
>>
>>1314041
>You press the space bar once and it advances the game by one tick.
sounds like frozen synapse. which was a cool game, wouldn't mind seeing a bigger budget version

>Make it easier to bring a new soldier up to par with your experienced ones, or easier to fight with sub-par soldiers.
first they could simply change "lead by example" to also boost aim along with will. further, being promoted no longer gives a new ability every time, but alternates between a new promotion and a stat boost (so a new ability at sergeant, captain, and colonel). instead of a new ability for every promotion, additional base abilities can be unlocked as upgrades in the training school (xcom 2 had one such upgrade for each class). bringing along extra soldiers each mission obviously also helps minimize the damage caused by the loss of one or two dudes, and while I don't think they need to go up to like 20 as some people say, 6-size works fine, so they could probably allow up to 8-size teams.
>>
File: Enemy Unknown.jpg (1014 KB, 1623x1836)
1014 KB
1014 KB JPG
>>1312896
>expendable units
>no upgrade paths, no abilities, just unit attributes that slowly improve each mission
>a game to play on the overworld to detect UFOs, not build radar->wait->interception minigame
>a game to play on the overworld to gain funding, i.e. swap funding for recruitment and vice-versa, pawn off excess stocks for favour, manufacture equipment for countries when you're not using it to make the latest weapon
>you have multiple bases
>base defence is both fun and something normal that happens
>eventually a base will need to be evacuated, and it's fun to do this
>it's okay to lose missions, you still gain something for showing up and doing damage, you can recover equipment
>music/ambience is in the same vein as 1's spooky atmosphere, fuck 2's generic hero music
>no pods
>no wasting your time
>shut up Bradford
>>1312910
I personally dislike having an entire hotbar of buttons to press for every soldier, on top of item buttons, half of which just don't matter.
It's also no fun to both need to plan ahead for their upgrades, requiring wiki diving tier knowledge, and to basically be rewarded for savescumming, since it takes forever to level up someone especially if you want their final upgrade.
>>1313010
I can't tell if the fandom made me hate this change or not.
>>1313105
Sigh, what a waste.
>>1314019
It exists in XCOM1, right? It's just a really hard to obtain rocket launcher damage upgrade though, isn't it?
>>
>>1314508
>It exists in XCOM1, right? It's just a really hard to obtain rocket launcher damage upgrade though, isn't it?
no, it can also curve around walls and other objects rather than go straight
>>
>>1314304
>So basicaly what UFO: Aftermatch were using?
I never played that game, but I did play Apocalypse and I liked the real time version better than the turn-based.

>>1314497
>sounds like frozen synapse. which was a cool game, wouldn't mind seeing a bigger budget version
sounds like frozen synapse. which was a cool game, wouldn't mind seeing a bigger budget version
Yeah, sort of, except in Frozen synapse, time is divided into 5-second turns, which is too long. In real-time-with-pause (e.g., XCOM Apoc), time is essentially divided into 1/30th of a second. I want time to be divided somewhere in between, like maybe 0.5 seconds per "turn," which is too short to really be called a turn, so it's called a tick.

Think about a roguelike where monsters move one tile every time you move. That's sort of how it should be, where movement is kept as integral values per tic, or very simple fractions (like one orthogonal per two tics, one diagonal per three tics)
>>
File: despot's-game.jpg (266 KB, 1200x1200)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>1312896
XCOM-style autobattler. You give general instructions to your squad members, but using the magic of AI they are programmed to act like real people instead of chess pieces.
>>
>>1312896
XCOM had a sense of uneasy mystery to it that felt absent from its sequel. I want that feeling back.
>>
I want xcom but without TRPG stuff
Just pure basebuilder/management/grand strat
Yes yes there is terra inv but that game is god awful repetitive after like 2 times
I fucking hate early game
>>
>>1314753
what's TRPG? tranny rpg?
>>
>>1314786
Tactical, i.e. the part where you move your guys around the map like a chessboard
So anon wants to remove 90% of the game, basically
>>
>>1312896
I just want them to make ranks and abilities less impactful. In XCOM2 you start out at the mercy of RNGsus since you have nothing to counter a few misses in a row leaving some ayylmaos alive to take shots. Later in the game you have both abilities to do something about it with, and more HP to just tank the hits without losing anyone.
It also means that losing your experienced super soldiers is just a game over since you just can't deal with the tougher aliens without the tools you get from promotions. Which, in turn, promotes or even requires extremely careful, slow, and low-risk play.
>>
>>1312896
Romance and lifesim mechanics like Fire Emblem.
>>
>>1312987
>>1312990
>Daily reminder that one of the Devs on Steam last week posted they've once again put back the release date to Q3 because they don't want to compete with Hogwarts Legacy
>>
>>1314786
Anon wants to play Total War but not for the battles.
>>
>>1315388
zero effort
>>
>>1312896
Playable aliens
>>
File: MutareMachina.jpg (11 KB, 300x168)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
I miss them.
>>
>>1314733
>I did play Apocalypse and I liked the real time version better than the turn-based.
In Apocalypse, real-time was better than turn-based in pretty much every instance except psi-amp functionality.
>>
I want someone to shoot Solarius in the back of the head, take over Files and cut all the bloat from it.
That's all.
>>
>>1312905
>Time Units instead of 2 action points
Will never happen because Firaxis makes virtual board games, not video games.
>Less cartoony design
Chimera Squad points to a MCU inspired direction.
>No Pods, instead a proper AI that moves around the map, searches for you and cooperates with each other
SORRY, AI is very complicated.
>Suppression mechanic
It's an ability.
>Simulated ballistics
LOL
>>
>>1315878
Didn't Chimera Squad flop?
>>
>>1314343
I like this.
Heroes as named story characters. They can't perma-die, and each have unique look and toolkit.
The grunts don't have abilities at all, just gear.
>>
>>1315980
that doesn't stop most modern game devs, they are completely up there own ass
>>
>people now want xcom to be a hero shooter
>>
>>1314742
Ufo: Aftermath perfected this.
I wonder if it ever be topped in atmosphere.
>>1315824
Pretty sure that TB mode made rookies with shit aim but fast movement OP.
All you had to do is to buy not-PPsH and move next to alien, then spam 1AP snap shots until it dies.
Helps with collecting brainsuckers as well.
>>
I just hope its terror in the deep
>>
>>1312896
Opponents who have never known defeat, who laugh in alien tongues at my efforts to survive. Instead of capeshit tier jobber villains.
That's pretty much it. Gameplay can stay like in 2, it's functional and creates interesting tactical situations in the first half of the game. Wouldn't mind a meaningful alternative to alpha striking and enemies giving you a full turn to dispose of them before acting. Wouldn't mind a complete restart of the series with time units and always active aliens either. But I'm not buying another excom where a purple human shoots at my guys with a rifle and marvel quips at me, the player.
>>
>>1312896
A stronger focus on the strategic side of things. UFO Interception, equipment/funds/personnel management, territory having more meaning than just a simple how much of the map you've conquered/protected, etc.

XCOM1 and 2 right now has a pretty simplistic strategic side of things that pretty much consists of what mission you pick out of which ones are given to you and what research topic out of the four or so viable choices you work towards (Which is very quick to complete, even on impossible, and it's not uncommon to leapfrog the entire T2 side of research and move straight to T3). The player should have numerous strategic goals they can pursue and their strategy on the geoscape should influence what equipment they get access to, what research they can pursue, and how many resources they have in reserve. You should have to choose between raiding for supplies/building your industry, expanding your recruitment, hunting for research items, and accomplishing your campaign goals for victory, along with being able to strike the aliens' own infrastructure to destabilize and weaken them--being able to do things like destroy their stockpiles of e-113 cores to temporarily stop them from fielding robotic units, or blow up their cloning vats to reduce the number of infantry they can field for a bit.

Researched equipment shouldn't entirely supplant old gear, and basic armaments should partially keep pace with later equipment because of its ease of maintenance. For example, when you research plasma weapons, you now have access to extremely destructive firearms, but using them exclusively puts a heavy strain on your resources since they require ammunition and maintenance. Sometimes it's better to rely on laser or even upgraded ballistic weapons just because they won't empty your coffers in a few battles.
>>
>>1316689
Missions shouldn't be mutually exclusive, the player should have to decide how thin to spread themselves. Embarking on a mission takes travel time, so squads are not usable until they complete their mission and return. Maximum squad sizes are larger, but require more resources to move them to the site, and result in more fatigued or wounded soldiers--choosing how many soldiers to send and how expensive their equipment is is part of the decisions you need to make, sometimes it's better to send a small elite force (quietly infiltrating a research outpost), sometimes you need human waves (Terror missions).

Diplomacy and research is branching rather than a linear progression. Your standing with the various factions is built based on their personal tastes, and sometimes is mutually exclusive with each other. You have to choose who to woo, who to merely placate, and through this, the benefits you get will change each campaign. The other groups will augment and change what you can research, and XCOM will often be able to combine the benefits of multiple groups into interesting fusions of their technology--for example, working with the Council and the Templars eventually gives you access to Force Shields, a usable item that can block forward facing shots on a cooldown.
>>
>>1316529
>Ufo: Aftermath perfected this.
>I wonder if it ever be topped in atmosphere.
What I liked is that there were apparently some logic and thinking behind the UFO:A backstory.
Thank to this, the fight really felt like a struggle against fucking unknown extraterrestrial power instead of 'aliens come and then start fucking dying in droves giving away their technology like fucking candy so humans can rape their aliens assholes'.
Too bad that sequels were kinda crap
>>
The weaponry was less cartoons in 2 than in 1.
>>
>>1312896
-less board game, more tactics game
-no special hero classes , I'm tired of psy soldiers being wierd each game
-no turn limit ffs
-more than 3 tech tiers

things to keep:
-I liked the art direction of xcom2. Keep it at the same quality please.
-soldier customization
>>
I just want a revamp of Aftermath so bad bros. Loved the dark and post-apocalyptic atmosphere.
>>
File: 1669986961496.jpg (64 KB, 900x812)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1314343
>Evil Genius/Jagged Alliance goon hordes and henchmen
>but in a game it would be useful for
>>
>>1312905
So basically classic XCOM with modern graphics.
Boy I wish, but Firaxis made clear that they're not going that direction.
>>
>>1314343
>>1317802
make sure the grunts all still get names and that you can recruit grunts as heroes so when a grunt does something crazy on a mission and gets a bunch of kills or saves the mission you can bring them onto the main team
>>
What's wrong with the 2 action points? I genuinely like that each soldiers could only perform one action per turn, it encourages you to think more wisely because you could only attack once
>>
>>1318372
Everything? There is a reason why the OG XCOM is still alive and well. It has so many features that nu-COM doesn't have that it feels like lost technology. Time units in particular open up a massive amount of freedom in decision making that modding only expands upon. Locking everything to two actions plus abilities means that all of your decision making is effectively made for you. It's not a video game, it's a board game.
>>
TUs were better. The devs of nucom removed it because they thought it was micromangey. But it offers way more possibilities than the two action system.
>>
>>1312896
Datable vipers
>>
>Racial units
>Randomly generated units instead of premade ones like in Chimera, but still modyfiable.
>Date sim mechanics because I want to fuck a sneak girl
>>
>>1314742
What sequel do you mean? Terror from the Deep still had ot imho.
>>
>>1318421
I'm talking about (nu)XCOM and XCOM2. I never played the old X-COMs.
>>
>>1315804
MECs were unironically my favorite part of nuCOM1. I have no clue why they fucking murdered them in 2.
>>
>>1313689
fag
>>
>>1312905
TUs are just inelegant and dare I say, clunky
2 action points is the only legit improvement (besides graphics) that Fireaxis did
>>
>>1312896
can we have X-Com 3: Terror from the Deep?
beside that, more than 5 soldiers per squad, ability to bring vehicles on missions, and maybe hitlocation?
>soldier gets shot in the left arm
>gets a -15 accuracy with main weapon until patched.
>>
>>1318868
>giving you more freedom in what your [s]meatshields[/s] soldiers can do is inelegant and clunky
>turnig your squad in a bunch of window-lickers capable of comprehending only 2 actions is a 'legit improvement'
I'll say you are a legit retard
>>
>>1318901
>can we have X-Com 3: Terror from the Deep?
I'm hoping for this be the next XCOM game, I would love for them to continue from the cliffhanger that was the end of 2
Chimera squad just doesn't do it for me, even tho I liked the 'buddy cop' routine between the characters (I would like if they could add this kind of interaction like that for XCOM 3)
>beside that, more than 5 soldiers per squad, ability to bring vehicles on missions, and maybe hitlocation?
I see hitlocation being something very hard to code for Firaxis, and you know it won't come because they are lazy hacks
some things I'd like to be added would be:
-6 soldiers at the start up to 10 late game, and maybe a hero/special unit that won't count to the squad cap
-MEC troopers, both human and fully robotic. Letting you decide which one to take on missions, both having their up and downs.
-From Chimera squad, getting the option to recruit Ayys and Hybrid soldiers, some of them having unique/special abilities appart from their class
-Factions and rewards from them, like the Reapers, Templars and Skirmishers
-Drones and/or SHIVs; the flying drone could have improved LoS and give buffs to accuracy and damage for the soldiers, but would be unarmed and be extremely fragile (and maybe make the AI prioritize it's destruction) until late game where it'll get tankier and having weapons; the SHIV would be a copypaste from EW, but tankier and be able to offer low or high cover by default, plus armed with any kind of weapon available, but be very slow and heavy thus being unable to evade and 'jump' up floors.
-Mod support
>>
File: 2735386-0005.jpg (612 KB, 1920x1080)
612 KB
612 KB JPG
>>1312896
Space Hulk Ascension had this cool feature where you had a first-person view for the selected character, wouldn't mind seeing that if they also went back to a more mysterious/spookier vibe in general.
>>
>>1312896
Different dropships with their own advantages and disadvantages they can bring to the table

Vehicles like mini tanks and mec suits with their own stats and possibility to increase them through mission experience

A more complex air game
>>
>>1318968
Was that game any good, reviews always seem super mixed
>>
>>1312896
I'd like it if they made it more like Long War 1. Give us options to make the campaign last extremely long and be punishing. Larger squads with more classes and more perks would be nice too.
>>
>>1319195
If my memory is right then "mixed" is a pretty good way of putting it. On one hand the atmosphere is great but it's also buggy as fuck (or was back when i played it), and i guess manoeuvring a bunch of sentient fridges in tiny hallways is a bit of an acquired taste to begin with.
Also just noticed it's not even on steam any more, huh.
>>
>>1316719
>unknown extraterrestrial power instead of 'aliens come and then start fucking dying in droves
This game really felt like fighting an advanced civilization, that instead of fighting you directly, turns the biomass of the planet against you.
Funny how PePe copied this, but ended up fucking the rest of lore with shit like Synderion faggots.
>>
>>1314508
>>1314718
It's a rocket with HUGE aoe, can flatten entire buildings(fuck chrysalids) and you literally plot it's flight path before you fire the damn thing.

What's not to love?
>>
>>1316507
I actually want an XCOM RTS. That could be a good time.
>>
>>1319883
apocalypse exists
>>
>>1312905
>Time Units instead of 2 action points
You almost never shoot at more than 1 enemy in the same turn
>Less cartoony design
OG XCOM had cartoon cutscenes drawn by a 90s comic artist
>Simulated ballistics
>Certain percentage of bullets fall within the exposed silhouette of the enemy, based on cover, distance and the spread pattern of the weapon
It's literally a dice roll, only you can't see the percentage.

The people who write posts like this is the reason Xenonauts 2 is almost a carbon copy of X1 which in turn is almost the same as OG XCOM. How many times would you want the same game to be remade?
>>
>>1318905
With two action points, you get 90% of the freedom of TUs, but it makes the game go so much faster.
>>
>>1320636
>you get 90% of the freedom of TU
This isn't true at all lol
You can't for example kill an ayy, take it's grenade and throw it at the enemy. You can't even kill an enemy, take it's body and just run away. You can't even shoot and then move.
Posts like this make me question if you ever played with TU in your life
>>
File: 1494297768623.gif (1.21 MB, 480x287)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
>>1320636
>>
>>1312896
the opposite of everything they tried with chimera
>>
File: 1674836283748.png (461 KB, 967x551)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
>>1312896
[PANICKED]
>>
>>1319882
aoe is equal to standard rockets
>>
>>1319882
>What's not to love?
6 enemies wielding it, all facing towards your skyranger on turn 1.
>>
>>1320654
that shit all sounds autistic except shoot and move, which you can do on certain classes with AP
>>
>>1320972
>6 enemies wielding it, all facing towards your skyranger on turn 1.
And then retarded AI makes the ayys standing further in the back fire it, hitting the ayyys in front of it and turning them into fine ayy paste for you to collect. Because t can't into pathfinding.
Frankly, I cheesed this AI stupidity in original UFO:EU while assaultng alien bases. You show one of your soldiers to morons in the upper level of command room and then fucking run. Some idiot with BL will try to fire a blaster bomb at you which inevitably hit something before leaving the room and obliterate the whole fucking floor with aliens
>>
>>1320974
>that shit all sounds autistic
Ah, so you are an idiot who never heard about tactic and plan except for blindly running forward in retarded Rambo-style with gun blazing?
>>
File: AYY LMAO.jpg (388 KB, 700x934)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>1314508
>I can't tell if the fandom made me hate this change or not.
What do you mean by change? I don't think the vipers are related to the original game's snakemen.
>>
>>1320974
>that shit all sounds autistic
The level of a nucom player lol
>>
>>1317658
Aftershock was pretty damn good and still kept the atmosphere to some degree. Afterlight was more refined tactically but the strategy layer sucked, also fuck beastmen.
>>
>>1319195
You have to pirate it to play it now, but it nails the Space Hulk feel. The gameplay feels clunky but you are maneuvering hulking man-armors in tiny corridors, so it fits. You get persistent level ups for your units that survive, as well. Nothing terribly exciting but it does unlock new gear and higher survival chance.
The more "modern" offerings for Space Hulk are horrible and should be avoided.
>>
>>1312896
SEXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.