[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 52 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FmLy4LKakAk9MFa.jpg (1.14 MB, 1920x1080)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
Let's discuss this korean strategy game
>>
File: 470310_20230111235700_1.png (988 KB, 1920x1080)
988 KB
988 KB PNG
>>1306264
The new map's a lot of fun. Just a straight brawl with monkeys on a relatively open map. Half my party got wiped by a couple of throwers on my first time through the map because they kept feeding each other mimic attacks and reducing their AT.
I went back and caught Black Eyepatch and made a Forestallment memebuild. Great Swordsman can get a lot of crit when you don't have to worry about fiddling with Human masteries.
>>
File: 470310_20230112000145_1.png (1.1 MB, 1920x1080)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>1306269
Board
>>
>>1306264
Are we going to finally learn why Anne's parents were so casual about sending their 12 year old daughter out to fight armed criminals?
>>
I will probably end up driving myself completely insane trying to make sense of this since it gets more unreadable the more names and lines I add, but I've been working on a full relation chart of all characters. It's obviously incomplete but I'm posting it anyway so people can point any mistakes I've made (besides making the chart in the first place. I have a tendency to be rather blind to my own mistakes so it helps to get some fresh eyes on it.

Most of it is based on ingame text, but there's a little bit of speculation here and there so feel free to call out when you think I made a bad assumption.
>>
>>1306301
BTW I won't be adding friendship lines between the playable characters because it'd make too much of a mess, unless there's some important background stuff that isn't covered in another way, like Heixing-Kylie. Also, I won't ever be adding "enemy" connections because it'd just shit over the entire picture.
>>
>>1306301
Also, just to confirm: Is it right to a assume "Vladimir" is Sion's real family name? He uses Bloodwalker himself but the news at the end of the base game and his fans at the start of the first DLC keep calling him Vladimir.
>>
>Alisa gets hit for 1 damage
>enters a killing spree that ends with the death of the ranger monke before i can tame it
>>
>>1306311
Pretty sure he uses Vladimir so the masses doesn't find out his true identity. He mentions it himself somewhere on end of DLC 1 or start of DLC 2. You gotta remember he was kicked out of the house, or decided to leave on his own without his parents' approval (or maybe just his father, he still keeps in touch with the mother).
>>
>>1306301
A few typos I spotted
>Lily Love should be Lily Lover
>Black Pearl (Ygdrasil) should be (Yggdrasil)
There are also a whole bunch of missing relations that you haven't marked and missing people entirely, but you said it was incomplete so I won't worry about that.
>>1306311
I've seen a lot of people make that assumption so nobody would probably call you for it, but I did a search through the localisation files and it's only that one kid in the end sequence who calls him Lightning Sion Vladimir. Every other time someone calls him Vladimir it's always Lightning Vladimir. I remember someone else in another thread also pointing out that Vladimir is not correct form for a family name, which sticks out when every other slavic name in the game is correct. Except there is actually a character named Sergei Vladimir who works for Black Pearl. But the Crimson Crow DLC gives Rion's name as Rion Bloodwalker, so it's not just an alias that Sion's using unless he and his brothers all decided to be called Bloodwalker when they moved to the city so they couldn't be traced back to Ater nobility.
It's hard to say without asking Dandylion directly.
>>
>>1306338
>>1306311
Also I vaguely remember a scene where someone does a background check and finds out that Sion is from the Bloodwalker family, so Albus gets to know that fact. Not sure if it was Albus himself or someone else. It's definitely in the early or early-mid part of the game.
>>
>>1306333
WILDCAT ENGINE
ANGER STRIKE
WILDCAT ENGINE
ANGER STRIKE
WILDCAT ENGINE
ANGER STRIKE
>>
>>1306333
On the bright side, the gear item the monkey drops is dope
>free luck every 7 piercing attacks
Heixingbros we are going home
>>
>>1306340
Speaking of missing relations, is Don Bruce secretly Albus' uncle? When he visits Alma's grave he suggests as much, and there's a certain family resemblance since they both have black hair and green eyes, but in the scenes with Ventus he never mentions being brothers as far as I can remember.

Albus not knowing his own uncle is a bit weird (and so is Don never bringing it up) but it's in line with how he barely knows his own parents.
>>
File: file.png (3.18 MB, 1920x1080)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB PNG
lol what
>>
>>1306361
Huh. The "Wanted in Prague" was a real propaganda poster during WW2, and "Wir Schauen Nicht Weg" is a real anti-violence organization in Germany. Not sure if they have any significance or if the devs just pasted in some random assets, but it does seem out of place.

https://digital.library.illinoisstate.edu/digital/collection/p15990coll22/id/179/

https://www.wir-schauen-nicht-weg.de/
>>
>>1306361
I've had a visual bug happen recently with Albus' vigour bar where it showed as empty but was actually full. No idea what causes it or I'd report it. That guy probably still has full or nearly full vigour.
>>
>>1306370
I actually meant the posters.
>>
>>1306361
>>1306370 (me)
Nevermind I'm blind, you have vigour bars turned off entirely. You were talking about the poster.
>>
File: 470310_20230112024738_1.png (470 KB, 1920x1080)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>1306348
It's possible, but not conclusive. Much later in the game Peter says Don was there visiting his wife's grave, so Don might have been married to Alma's sister and it would still make sense.
Also while finding what Don says at the gravestone, "See you later, sister-in-law", I found out that there's alternate dialogue in that map for completing it with Anne out of action but Albus still alive. This happens and she tells him not to say anything about it to Anne or she'll kill him, and he responds that he won't tell Anne because Luna saved them, not out of fear of her.
>>
>>1306264
Anne sexo
>>
>>1306264
Is that from the new mission?
>>
>>1306269
Better than my Albus.
>>
I'm sad. They really destroyed Anne for no fucking reason.
Literally no one had benefit from prosperity + best condition and healing at reduction but her.
>>
File: joyofburning.png (1.23 MB, 844x630)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>1306446
I'm amazed that with all the AT-reduction nerfs they haven't touched Joy of Burning yet. That's one of the most overpowered masteries in the game if you know how to abuse it.
>>
>>1306446
>goes from 1AT at end of turn to 11AT
>destroyed
>can still use great plains + gathering + please help me anyways
Come on now
>>
>the new black eyepatch gear item
Gentlemen it is with great pleasure that i inform you that alisa no longer needs the 3 pieces of the barb set nor any kind of block shred
>>
>>1306459
To be fair, joy of burning requires setup while prosperity requires only full hp.
It also can only be used by 1 human character unlike best condition.
Finally, the cast delay on Irene's abilities is awful, which mitigates part of joy of burning (until it gets to ridiculous like in your pic)
>>
>>1306459
How?
>>
>>1306483
I use Giselle traps with the set that increases their radius, but you could also probably use alchemist Ray with fire sprays. The elemental ones have worse status ailments than Shaking Wind, but they have much bigger AoE.
>>
>>1306473
>little bitch on the forum already asking to nerf it
>dandy will probably comply
>>1306459
>not Gunman's 2 AT reduction sets, on kill and on responsive kill
Even the Gunman monkey is a disgusting monster using the -20 on kill set + human killer. Meanwhile everyone else's option is the shitty ass Executioner. Except Bianca and Albus, desu.
>>
>>1306604
In all honesty the item is probably too strong. Guaranteed crits (which implicitly means Guaranteed hits as well) all the time is fucking insane.
You could say the hp requirement is a significant drawback, but when you think about it, Tanky characters do not care because they can afford being on low hp and fragile characters die in 1 hit regardless of their hp.
So in the end it is just yolo 2nd heart + this item in everyone
>>
>>1306682
You're still sacrificing your Second Heart and Impulse Field usage though. You'd better be sure that one character stays out of harm's way and never walks over a fire field or something.
>>
>>1306682
You kind of need to build your entire setup in order to use this gadget.
Or maybe you can use Ray, and friendly fire your ally with grenades and use that ability mastery to leave them at 1hp. Never tested it, so it may not even work, but it is a possibility.
>>
File: file.png (14 KB, 403x48)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Does anyone know what the missing piece of this set is and where to get it?

Cheer Up:
>Charisma
>?
>Neverending Singing
>Happy Song
>>
>>1306682
i don't see how it is more gamebreaking than any of the 100 ways to get instant turns and chainkill in general
>>
>>1306798
See if it is some of the support mastery you own, so you put them one by one until you trigger the set.
See if it require to research the mastery, so you craft all your support masteries you currently don't have
See if it says "You don't have information about this mastery" Which mean you don't have knowledge of that mastery and you need to get it first.

If I recall correctly, that mastery is when you max train either the Princess Negori or the Mutan Negori by the way.
>>
>>1306813
It says "It is one of the masteries you can currently research" so I assume it's not one I actually already have.
>>
>>1306823
Is one you own, but currently you have 0 of them.
So is actually easier to create the set.
See all your support masteries you currently have 0, craft one, test that one and see if it complete the set. If not, then unequip and try with the next one you have 0 at the moment.
>>
>>1306825
Eh, guess I'll skip this one for now since that's way too much crafting. I don't think I've even got enough spare masteries to just go and craft all support masteries.
>>
>>1306825
>>1306829
That or just go to the steam guides and search for the mastery set you want to build. I always give it 10 tries to see if I can get the mastery by myself, but if not, I'm not going to waste hours trying to figure it out which one I'm missing.
>>
>>1306831
The Steam guide is outdated and has some errors as well. Since this is a new mastery set, it's not going to be in the guide.
>>
>>1306832
I'm gonna check it in a moment, since I have this mastery set in on of my frogs.
>>
File: 20230111214439_1.jpg (303 KB, 1536x864)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>1306798
Here it is anon. It's First Aid mastery.

>>1306832
This one is indeed not on the guide. There are Misty masteries though, so is kind of updated.
>>
>>1306842
Great, thanks.
>>
File: 1510459111923.png (128 KB, 227x237)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>new mission has random party spawn
>and random legendary monkey spawn
>on any difficulty
>>
>>1306967
Random party spawn is based. Random monkey spawn pisses me off. The same thing is happening to me as what happened on the first map where it keeps giving me the one I already caught when I haven't even seen the ranger monkey yet.
It's a temporary rage, though. Dandylion said the violent case will have all monkeys so once that's out the randomness of these maps won't matter.
>>
>>1306301
Just off the top of my head, there are 9 dragons, and Visha used to work for Lily.
>>
WELL
After buying this game like 2 years ago, I finally had time to start eliminating it from my backlog.
Is there anything I should know before I fuck up? I already recruited Irene.
>>
>>1307165
I think the biggest one is that evasion stops working as the game progresses, but it's still nice to have. You just stop being able to tank entire maps with it.
>>
>>1307064
Did he say when the violent case will be released?
>>
File: dandylion.png (96 KB, 602x295)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>1307178
Nah, it was on a post complaining about taming and genetics masteries.
>>
>>1307170
So ditching doge masteries and replacing them with HP/Armor masteries?
Just rely on doge from items and cover?
Block also gets useless?
>>
>>1307210
Alacrity is part of some good mastery sets so it's not quite that simple. I had a much easier time with my third playthrough where I didn't neglect evasion in the lategame. Just don't build only evasion because some lategame snipers with 200+ accuracy are going to one-shot you.
Block is god tier and never gets useless. It might change over time since the second DLC is still in progress, but right now it looks like it's still the one stat to rule them all.
>>
I hate mungos so much bros
>>
>>1307253
>introduce an evasion-based character
>the beasts in her DLC literally don't even need to make accuracy checks most of the time
Th-thanks
>>
>administrator protocol lets you use reinforced attack protocol if you get overcharge again
>golden feather
I've been using golden feather on Sion this whole time, completely oblivious to its true potential
>>1307257
>doing secret base again because I still haven't gotten 100% info on camo destron
>sneak Misty ahead to deal with snipers in the towers
>search drone near no other character does a search and reveals her
meme character
>>
>>1307165
I thought of another piece of advice while playing. A lot of quests for items can be completed by crafting. Particularly useful for Monster Bone / Monster Claws / other rare material drops.
>>
>>1307253
I enjoy their mimick mechanic, but at the same time it's annoying having to be aware of not proccing the basic mungo's Forestallment on my draki acc units (Lightning Reflex) and also having to skip turns on less than 85% hit rate, unless a different attack type/elemnent will have a turn soon. All in all, it's a nice change of pace, having to consider different hotbar setups for some characters and debuffs/auras (like Charisma mastery, aka Passion aura, and Information Sharing from drones) to increase hit rate on enemies and prevent Evasion Mimick from happening.
I wonder how the violent case is going to play out... If the enemy packs are too close together like the drakis or it's pretty much a global alert like the crabs, things may get nasty as just a single 95% dice roll loss means 20 mungos in vision range will have 5 dodges until they take a turn. Albus guaranteed forestallment crit + forestallment reset build might works wonders depending on some factors.
>>
>>1307350
If the packs are close together it's probably going to end up being Draki Nest V2 where you park Heixing in a choke point, activate Field of Zero and go watch a movie
>>
>>1307222
>>1307341
Thanks anon
Will play it with that in mind
>>
>>1307354
>activate field of zero
>mungo moves
>Heixing pops his skull like a zit
>Heixing's turn again, field of zero cleared
>>
>>1307387
Oh yeah it only works if you don't have any AT reduction on kill.
>>
They did it
They nerfed the eyepatch
>>
>>1307486
It's going to get nerfed even more soon so it doesn't work while you have Revived status. The discordfags are still probably going to abuse poison or something to force it to work and complain even more. Can't have shit in this game unless it's 1S1K, 0AT builds, permanent immortal Witches, Alisa going ham as Barbarian with nigh-permanent Immortality, etc.
I don't even know why this one item has sparked such a crusade. It's not like overpowered things haven't existed before.
>>
>>1307522
Catharsis + 1s1k remaining in the game in their current state is because dandy just really like them.
Also almost all novice players just default to it so nerfing it would get you an even bigger shitstorm
>>
>>1307541
>Also almost all novice players just default to it
I didn't. Wasting a slot on catharsis didn't even cross my mind.
>>
>>1307541
>>1307548
What is Catharsis? I'm going to assume is something really broken that I've ignoring without my knowledge all this time.
>>
>>1307549
Kills reduce cooldown of all abilities by 1. Depending on the character this ranges from meh to really good
>>
>>1307549
-1 to all cooldowns on kill.
Pretty much necessary for most classes if you intend to do any chain killing longer than 2-3 kills
>>
File: file.png (1.85 MB, 1920x1080)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
Am I stupid or would completing this set actually be a bad idea?

Losing Stun immunity is kinda bad but can be compensated for, and the set bonuses are pretty sweet at this level. The real problem I see is actually the "if you get hit 4 times it becomes your turn" part, because as I understand it you want it to be NOT your turn for as long as possible so your berserker buffs (most notably Immorrtality) don't wear off.
>>
>>1307562
Grab the tenacious barbarian warrior mastery set for immunity to every physical debuff including stun
>>
>>1307576
That's not the issue but cool.
>>
>>1307562
This shit has never worked for me. Or maybe because you actually "NEED" to take damage and if you are at 1HP you are actually not taking damage at all.
>>
>>1307580
You don't need super sturdy headgear if you're immune to stun anyway, and the masteries that make up tenacious barbarian warrior are good too. Getting a turn every 4 hits is good because Alisa's speed is shit and she needs to keep up somehow. Maintaining buffs isn't too much of a problem as long as you have the mastery set that makes encourage give you a 3 turn rage type buff
>>
>>1307590
As I already said twice now, Stun immunity isn't the issue. I know you can get it in other ways. Speed isn't really the issue either, because when she's berserking she's mostly attacking outside her own turn anyway. The issue is that immortality is a 1-turn buff and the faster her turn comes, the sooner it wears off. The last thing you want to happen is for Alisa to be rampaging around with 1HP and then immortality suddenly wears off.

>>1307589
That's actually useful information. I guess I'll have to test it to know for sure, but if getting hit with 1HP while immortality is up doesn't count as an actual hit, that (mostly) solves the issue.
>>
>>1307562
>stun immunity gear on a class with a set that grants immunity to everything physical
???

>you want it to NOT be your turn
I prevents alisa from AT-Helling herself because of Anger Strike. Buffs wearing off Is not a big deal since you can reapply them fairly consistently
>>
>>1307562
Did you know, you can get stun immunity from masteries?
>>
>>1307594
You won't be rampaging at 1hp because Berserker doesn't activate if you are at 1hp (it used to but they changed it)
>>
>>1307594
Barbarian Alisa shouldn't be at literally 1 HP with all of the low health damage reduction she gets. Speed IS the issue considering that she's a frontline character. If she's not projecting ZoC to protect Heixing, Giselle and other squishies in the backline from a melee enemy that can 1 shot them there's a problem. If you have sense you will be incorporating speed and AT reduction into your builds, especially your melee builds, and Alisa will rapidly fall behind in this case.
>>
>>1307594
>The last thing you want to happen is for Alisa to be rampaging around with 1HP and then immortality suddenly wears off.
Sometimes my Alisa dies even when she is with immortality and she never get a turn. Specially in the crab mission when is locked down around 600AT because of counterattack.
>>
>>1307600
Honestly if you need all your melee characters to be tanks just to keep your backline alive, you're not using your tools right.
>>
>>1307614
My backliners are specced for either hit and run mobility or ranged firefighting (base defense, ready to go, blind spot etc) for defensive options. Most things don't get past because Giselle and Heixing usually overwatch and fire support everything to death, but that doesn't always work especially now with monke matrix dodging if you fuck up once. Having a ZoC picket of melee characters gives a massive survivability boost.
>>
>>1307601
Some of the fire crabmits have Burn which negates buffs on hit. They can remove Immortality from her.
>>
>>1307636
oh, that explain why.
>>
File: 1ab.jpg (80 KB, 634x438)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>1306301
Unfathomably based
>>
Sion should have a boxing ring jacket outfit
>>
>>1306301
You're missing a few folks like Ivan and other nobodies, and I'm not sure the Law-lards are smugglers as opposed to 9 dragons.
>>
How do I trigger the new cutscene?
>>
>>1307689
>You're missing a few folks like Ivan and other nobodies
I'm probably adding a bunch of the assholes with no strong connections to any faction (including random weirdos like Pink Goblin, Oliver, Cheche, etc.) to a separate category somewhere.

>I'm not sure the Law-lards are smugglers as opposed to 9 dragons.
I'm 99% sure that Danny Law is both a smuggler (I assume he's their leader but it's not 100% confirmed) and one of the Nine Dragons. Fatbros Baozhi and Jiaozhi are either smugglers as well, or members of the mercenaries (which I added to the smugglers in this list, they'll have their own label in the new version). They mostly show up with the mercs but I'm assuming they're smugglers cooperating with the mercs since they don't follow the visual theme of the mercenaries (i.e. all black pseudo-military outfits). They don't seemt to have any direct connection to the Dragons as far as I can tell.

Might as well post the new version right away. Still a WIP but it has a bunch of corrections and additions compared to the first one. I might switch to a different app soon since the one I'm using right now is kinda garbage and doesn't let me save at higher resolutions.
>>
File: 20230112190510_1.jpg (383 KB, 1536x864)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
Place your bets:
>It's happening
>It's not happening
>>
>>1307522
I find it very annoying that the discord crew are such fags. Nobody else plays the game the way they do. I hope Dandylion is aware of that.
>>
>>1307562
That set is absolute crap and I have no idea why you'd want to use it outside of the seal itself.
>>
>>1307696
You're gonna make it.
>>
>>1307696
Looks pretty safe unless the monke one-shots your Giselle, which should be prevantable.
>>
>>1307694
You don't have to guess about factions, you can look at their company masteries.
>>
>>1307712
Ah, good point.
>>
>>1307696
If you have impulse fields you win. The sword monkey doesn't have Bladestorm or multi-hit attacks in general, and it can't stun you.
>>
File: 20230112190852_1.jpg (313 KB, 1536x864)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>1307709
>>1307710
>>1307717
I don't know why the damage was 2k in the pic, because I saw clearly that the monkey did 8,5k of damage with a single hit.
>foul smell
>greedy beast
It's shit, SHIT.
>>
>>1307694
Jiaozhi and Baozhi appear as Nine Dragons in the Joint Training matches
>>
>>1307694
>>1307752
One of them (I don't remember which) comes with Shandian to try to take out Kylie in the Heixing + Kylie mission, which is some harder proof.
>>
>>1307562
To address this exactly, it just depends on your build. If you want one long immortality ramapge, no you absolutely shouldn't use the seal. The seal is for builds like the overcharge/argonaut build because all her attacks have massive delays attached.
>>
I've now got a new blank space in my CG gallery and a new blank space in my cutscene gallery. What am I supposed to do to trigger them?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (5 KB, 696x49)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>1307773
I cheated by checking the localisation files and it looks like Dandylion accidentally put them in the game early. There's no dialogue for them in the files other than the scene setting text and the mission title
>>
>>1307712
Both of the fat Law bros have the Rebellion mastery from the Street Thug faction, similar to other factionless criminals. They don't have the Draconic Dignity mastery from the Dragons like Shandian. So that's inconclusive at best.
>>
>>1307694
>>1307796
I'll just put the fatbros with Danny for now. There's an argument to be made for them as Dragons, Smugglers, or Street Thugs, but considering the other Street Thugs are just random assholes it doesn't feel right to put them there despite what the troublemaker list says.

Also the mercenaries are called Dusk Companions apparently, which to me suggests a somewhat different line of work but whatever.
>>
File: 1673587925420.png (45 KB, 770x89)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
Tik tok cheesefags
>>
>>1307975
I can't wait to see what they come up with for the expansion's Destron equivalents.
>>
>>1306301
>>1307694
Albus and Lily's connection, they are literal family
Same goes for Sion's brothers and Alley
I know making connections between the cast would mess things up but I think its necessary; Albus and Giselle connection is too strong, she wouldn't be there if not for him
Sion, Irene and Anne are certainly close
Kylie almost doesn't join because of Giselle
Also we know Roberto helped Irene to avoid paying for her vigilantism
The fortress should be grey
Sounds petty, but Heixing was never part of Steelhead
And Im pretty sure Chaos brush doesn't count as criminal, do they?
>>
>>1308005
NTA, but some of the connections chain (Lily-Albus, Giselle-Albus through Black Pearl) or are logically implied (Sion and brothers). Chaos Brush are absolutely criminals, petty ones, but criminals nonetheless. I agree about the Fortress though.
>>
>>1308005
>Albus and Lily's connection, they are literal family
>Same goes for Sion's brothers and Alley
>I know making connections between the cast would mess things up but I think its necessary; Albus and Giselle connection is too strong, she wouldn't be there if not for him
>Sion, Irene and Anne are certainly close
These are all correct but I'm not going to add them since they're either implied (if Albus and Lily are both directly related to Alma, obviously they're also family of each other), or they're connections that only formed through a different connection (Albus/Giselle through Black Pearl, Sion/Irene/Anne through the player company). I want to avoid adding more lines than necesary because it's already a mess.

>Kylie almost doesn't join because of Giselle
I absolutely won't add dislike/enemy connections. Ever. Though there is evidence that Kylie did some work for Black Pearl at some time in the past, so I'll add that at least.

>Also we know Roberto helped Irene to avoid paying for her vigilantism
Good point.

>The fortress should be grey
I guess that's true. I feel they're more red than grey in practice, but technically they're not an illegal organization.

>Sounds petty, but Heixing was never part of Steelhead
Yeah he was too weak for Steelhead and didn't get stronger until after he left, but he's definitely part of Alley. The two aren't exactly the same thing though (like Hanged Crown became Drifter Clowns but they aren't quite the same thing) so I'll separate them.

>And Im pretty sure Chaos brush doesn't count as criminal, do they?
They're literally an organized vandalism group. Sure I agree graffiti isn't much of a crime, especially compared to what all the other criminal factions get up to, but strictly speaking they are a criminal organization.
>>
>>1307975
The thing that worries me is that when missions are designed around beating OP shit, they'll end up being impossible to beat without OP shit. The last thing you want as a game designer is to base your design on the playstyle of the sweaty 1% of discord tryhards.
>>
File: 470310_20230113213537_1.png (873 KB, 1920x1080)
873 KB
873 KB PNG
I'm on my 4th playthrough and I still can't do Kylie's snow map without crippling losses.
>>1308079
I find that generally these devs are pretty good at countering cheese without making it annoying for non-cheese parties. Most OP things have weaknesses that don't really matter to people who aren't abusing specific mechanics, like Impulse Fields breaking One Shot One Kill chains while still letting people kill them in 1 action with a multi-hit move, or the aforementioned Burn crabs in Crabnam that you literally don't notice unless you're letting an immortal barbarian Alisa loose on the map.
>>
>>1307341
Question for crafting
How useful it is?
So far I just bought my weapons and used armor from boxes.
Is there any reason to craft them instead?
Or will my characters crafting skills get better with story progress to the point that crafted stuff is always better?
>>
>>1308191
There are some items you can only make through crafting that have useful effects, and it's nice for converting resources once you start making machines later in the game. One of the characters has a unique weapon type that doesn't drop anywhere which you'll have to craft. You can get lucky with the jurisdictions that provide items to find them sometimes, though.
>>
>eyepatch nerfed again
I hate discord trannies so much it is unreal
>>
>>1308191
Crafting can give you some great level-appropriate gear if you keep up with your crafting unlocks and/or you're unlucky with drops. Some of the items you can craft are best in slot, though it's never really necessary unless you're already in the endgame and want to spend more time on optimizing your crew. Otherwise you can always get by with just random drops. It's a bit of a pain to get to the really good stuff to start with, since you need to craft each tier item once or twice to unlock the next tier and it ends up costing a ton of resources overall which typically means you have to grind for them or spend a lot of cash buying them from the Shooter Street merchants. Upgrading items is also a big deal for endgame optimalization but again, it costs a lot of resources.

Either way I wouldn't recommend getting into crafting early on, just make sure you unlock the craftable potions when you can, since some of them are really good and can't reliably be gained form drops or chests, and worry about the rest when you've got time to spare.
>>
>>1308303
I want to see the freakout when Dandylion removes death potions. It's only a matter of time.
>>
>>1308311
What are death potions for anyway?
>>
>>1308338
Dying.
>>
>>1308389
Yeah but why would you want a potion for that? Especially considering they're kind of a pain to craft. Do they have some special interaction or anything to make them good?
>>
>>1308393
I never got into those mechanics myself, but I think you can use it in combination with Scourge.
According to some people it's apparently pretty powerful.
>>
File: 1488752637486.png (176 KB, 550x512)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
Its over for me lads. Im too retarded for this game. It was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>1308416
What's got you stuck?
>>
>>1308393
A few uses I can think of
>that one mastery set that triggers Overcharge on all nearby allies when you die
>Comradeship + the mastery that makes you grant AT + Hatred to nearby allies when you die
>feeding it to someone to deliberately trigger Second Heart to take an instant turn
>running into a big pack of enemies and eating it to activate Hellgate and possess all of them
>drone micro with Emergency Rescue or whatever it's called that causes the drone to move to you and revive you when you die
>>
God, reading the Steam forums I can just feel my IQ dropping.
>>
>>1308416
When in doubt, forestalment, counterattack and second heart your way to victory.
>>
Christ, getting the achievement for Misty's introduction mission is such a pain in the ass.
>>
File: 20230113170328_1.jpg (262 KB, 1536x864)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
Wait a minute, are you sure you want to reveal critical information to a troubleshooter office just like that?
>>
>>1308498
How do you get that?
>>
>>1308501
It was a random gift from a citizen I saved during the new monke mission.
>>
>>1308496
Stealth missions in non-stealth games have never not been shit. I don't know why devs never learn this lesson.
>>
>>1308509
I enjoyed it.
Gimmicky missions are the best.
>>
>>1308496
I haven't tried to work out a way to get the "Kill all enemies without being spotted" achievement. I can't be bothered working around the security cameras, otherwise I would.
>>
>>1308511
Gimmicky or not, the mission is just very badly designed, especially if you want to do it perfectly. The way the movement system works is awful for stealth since moving slowly means wasting shitloads of turns and moving fast means constantly running into enemies in the fow unless you've played the mission so many times you've memoriszed their patrol paths. Not to mention the cooldown on stealth meaning you can't quickly move from one target to the next, so you're forced to spend multiple turns between kills doing nothing waiting for the cooldown.
>>
>>1308509
I agree with the sentiment, but in TS's case I think it was pretty well done. Maybe for this cheevo >>1308521
the mission can be cancer... from what I understood, you have to keep going back to the PC to reset the camera activation timer then going back to clean up more enemies, so i noped the fuck out, but everything else was pretty nice. Reasonable stealth mission and also a reasonable tutorial mission for her. I wonder if they'll try to bring back stealth objectives for the next missions, plus try implementing traps shenanigans since there is some masteries for not activating it, or just ignore it and keep it simple with the "Kill all".
>>
The thing I hate the most about the stealth mission is that the game can't seem to make up its mind about whether the main bad guy is named Suebo or Suevo.
>>
>>1308597
For me it's getting taunted to the corpse of the white knight boss.
>>
>>1306264
She is a miracle of the universe i hope nothing bad ever happens to her.
>>
File: pumpkin.png (867 KB, 827x619)
867 KB
867 KB PNG
That's a big pumpkin.
>>
File: mungo.png (1.46 MB, 1920x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
When I encountered this Mungo it had Giant Species and another useful genetic mastery, but after taming it this is what I got.
Did beast masteries always get randomized after you tamed them? That makes hunting for good ones such a pain in the butt.

On another note, White Hat really is a downgrade compared to Gunner Mungos since they stripped him off Flare and any multi-hit attacks to counterbalance his OP Ranger class. I don't think I'm going to use him even if Aimed Shot is a pretty good Overcharge skill.
>>
>>1308975
they put their ukraine flags upside-down
>>
>>1308984
>Did beast masteries always get randomized after you tamed them?
Yeah, I've been ripped off by it when taming legendary Crabmits before. Dandylion at least hinted that we'll be able to change Genetics masteries eventually >>1307185
>>
>>1309011
I don't even want to retrain my genetic masteries, that'd be too easy.
Just don't make them random after taming!
>>
>>1308984
If we ever get an ESP-using enemy again it might still be useful for raping them with cooldowns. Who knows, they might make elemental machines with 16,000 HP and ailment immunity or something.
>>
>>1309069
Aren't third tier classes coming in this update? We're gonna have to get those masteries somehow
>>
>>1309081
*DLC, not update
>>
>>1309081
We do get masteries from class levels, so it wouldn't be totally necessary to have enemies that use them. Third tier classes aren't even officially confirmed even though I do think they're coming.
Hopefully the Serpents as a faction kick ass. I'm getting really tired of rangers/sweepers/martial artists/slaughterers.
>>
>Serpent Tri-Stars appear
>turns out they're all Magic Knights, Battlemages and Ninjas
The expansion would immediately go to a 10/10.
>>
File: file.png (2.84 MB, 1920x1080)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
Make sure to always follow Misty's advice!
>>
>>1309098
Don't forget Superstars
>>
How tf do I get into the area on the lower left corner? It seems I can't use any jump/teleport skills to get in.
>>
File: file.png (2.61 MB, 1920x1080)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
>>1309219
Oops, forgot my picture.
>>
File: file.jpg (2.57 MB, 1920x1080)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB JPG
>>1309221
I guess I can at least take a look by having Giselle shoot flares at it. There's obviously something going on here but there doesn't seem to be a way in.
>>
>>1309232
Inside the base there is a tile marked as blue. Step on it so you have the option to go underground, similar to stairs. It's near the barrels and a tent.
>>
File: trapdoor.jpg (233 KB, 960x964)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>1309221
There's a trapdoor hereish that leads to it
>>
>>1309281
I remember better now, I mismarked. It's actually further East between the two rows of things against the south wall.
>>
>>1309103
I don't like cruel + challenge mode. It feel like I need to play a certain way in order to sucess, hard for me is the sweet spot were the diffculty is just right and you can experiment with different builds without being completely useless.
>>
>>1309103
Cruel has too much block on fodder units
>>
>>1309477
I play on Hard until the first DLC just because the added block on all enemies makes me rage.
>>
>>1309477
Hard becomes super easy once you've got your builds and equipment sorted out. It's fine for going through the story, but once you're at the end it just get boring.
>>
>>1309477
I'm a brainlet and I often gimp my own builds because they're too OP otherwise, and I only play cruel challenge any more because the characters have become too OP anyways. To be honest, some of the earlier missions felt much harder than many of these new ones, even though I was playing the earlier ones on normal or hard. They were much more fun too
>>
>>1309566
They are harder than the new maps. Both of the rooftop Spoonist maps are brutal even if you know how to approach them. Enemies are powerful and they still make you fight 40-60 enemies in each map except you have 4 dudes and a handful of cops instead of 12 minmaxed demigods. The clowns managed to overcome this by being very powerful individually and their maps tend to split your party, but so far in this DLC the enemies neither hit as hard as Skeleton Masks nor tank as well as White Clowns so you just kinda throw your units at them and win.
I'm hoping this changes, but we're almost halfway through the chapter already so there's not that many maps left.
>>
>>1309579
Realistically we only had 1 real human mission, which was the 2nd. 1st was tutorial and 3rd is beast mission (which first DLC also had one). DLC-1 1st mission was also "lame" because it had like only 20 enemies, which I interpret it as a tutorial mission. 2nd should be a new faction or otherwise strong enemies, but all they did was bring the outscaled White Tiger enemies from the main campaign with a few new mini-bosses, not only that but the level design was pretty weak, greatly favoring the players, unlike DLC-1 2nd mission.
The next mission is the make it or break it if it'll rival the previous DLC. If the first 2 non-tutorial human missions are lame, then I'll have low expectations for the rest of it.
>>
>>1306264
How did you get that CG?
>>
>>1309590
>all they did was bring the outscaled White Tiger enemies from the main campaign with a few new mini-bosses
I found that pretty confusing.
>okay, we're fighting White Tigers again. Maybe they have updated builds and equipment?
>nope, it's just a mid-40s blue map on Challenge Mode
The first DLC had White Tigers as well, but they were there as backdrop to the increasing presence of the Clowns and the main danger of the map was the new faction.
>>
File: 470310_20230115225429_1.png (1.8 MB, 1920x1080)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
What the fuck, Shandian just used Overwatch. I don't have info on him yet so I can't see what kind of hacks he's got enabled, either.
>>
>>1309793
I actually have no idea, but I do remember him doing that in my playthrough as well.
Perhaps it's his personal mastery?
>>
File: Screenshot (2938).png (3.21 MB, 1920x1080)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
Somehow they didn't realize.
I suppose corpses don't count as units/objects anymore.
>>
File: 470310_20230115232601_1.png (1.03 MB, 1920x1080)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>1309799
I looked him up on a completed file. He's not a Rogue like I thought, he's an Assassin like Marco and can use Gunman masteries natively
>>
>>1309810
Ohh, I see. Kinda wish Misty would've been an assassin as well.
Being able to use gunman masteries with knives sounds incredibly fun.
>>
>>1309814
Overwatch out of Hide with her knife throw would be amazing
>>
>>1309815
If Vendetta and the Dragon Society play a bigger role in TS2, maybe we'll finally get our fill of Assassin and Ninja enemies.
I liked Marco's playstyle from the beginning. And Dandylion will probably strengthen those classes even further once they'll appear in the game more frequently.
>>
>>1309825
>thinking about Misty with Gunman masteries
>realise all the Ranger masteries would thematically fit on her without issue
THIRD TIERS
>>
I really don't think third tier classes are coming with this DLC. Traces of them were found in the game files even before the DLC came out, but the fact taht they weren't completed and activated tells me that they're either cut content or even just a placeholder that was never meant to be seen in a public release version. If they were actually planned for Crimson Crow they would've been unlocked at the start of the DLC and not some afterthought at the end of it.

I might be wrong but that's how I see it.
>>
>>1309896
They've teased some relevant content two times on the news posts, one of them was when the DLC became available at the store and one a bit before that. Something outside of the 8 missions and violent cases, in their own words. They didn't go into detail on what that would entail, though. I don't remember the exact words, but it gave me the impression that they have at least 2 ideas in mind and didn't fully commit to anything at that time.
>>
>>1309930
Wouldn't Mungos already count as relevant content?
Otherwise, perhaps it refers to something plot related that will be important for the sequel.
>>
>>1310605
https://steamcommunity.com/games/470310/announcements/detail/3400806564129653576
>Starting with DLC's first scenario mission today, we will finally add eight scenario missions and two more violent cases. In addition, we're thinking of an update that will enrich the contents of DLC.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/470310/announcements/detail/3325366907280783334
>There will be 8 scenario missions and 2 violent cases and we're planning on something more than that. We'll show you about that later on.
There is no reason to be secretive about a new beast, plus 2 violent cases implies a new beast, since it's the same pattern as the 1st DLC. I think the PvP was added on the 1st DLC too, which was the "update that will enrich the contents" for that DLC.
>>
>>1310629
That does sound rather specific.
I really like the pvp they added. Though I wish more people would be willing to engage others.
>>
File: 470310_20230117004503_1.png (1.13 MB, 1920x1080)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
I've been having fun going through this playthrough with a Lightning Yasha. Since I don't have all masteries unlocked it's a more natural build than my all lightning build. Currently up to the first Crabmit mission and this guy has been great against clowns.
My backup beast for rainy missions is a Venom Negoori with a Forestallment build. It's not quite as good but it's still enough to wreck a whole lot of enemies.
>>
File: 470310_20230117142827_1.png (2.34 MB, 1920x1080)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
Classic Alisa. I ended up rescuing her with my frog because Hanson had Clenched Fist and she couldn't counterattack him reliably.
>>
File: 470310_20230117142057_1.png (1.82 MB, 1920x1080)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>1311229
Wrong screenshot
>>
>>1311229
Is it really an Alisa build if her response to getting knocked back isn't to run back to the enemy and Anger Strike them into oblivion?
>>
>>1311234
She ran out of Berserker activations 45 minutes ago
>>
>>1311231
>local woman too angry to move
>>
>>1309896
I think they'll do it just because of how stuffed our current mastery boards are. Right now we have so many training points that you can easily end up with 6+ remaining, especially if your builds actually use Ability slots instead of trading them out with Human masteries. Ninja and Rogue in particular are terrible about that if you want to use their class sets.
>>
>>1311773
I wouldn't mind having some more mastery slots to play with, but on the other hand I don't really see the point. You can already make almost every character able to solo V maps if you know what you're doing so there's no real point in letting you make even better builds.
>>
>>1312213
People playing the game regularly using regular builds still struggle with a lot of DLC missions and violent cases.
1S1K and 0AT memebuilds shouldn't be the norm.
>>
>>1309896
It's possible the bosses will have them but I agree it does seem too late in the day for us to have them and I'm fine with that. Roll on the next game.
>>
>>1312341
Isn't the next game going to be about other characters? From the datamined 3rd tier classes there were a few that were specifically pointed at certain playable characters if I remember correctly
>>
>>1312352
>Isn't the next game going to be about other characters?
We don't know that.
>>
>>1312425
>>1312352
>Isn't the next game going to be about other characters?
The devs have stated on the Steam board a while back that the next game will focus on Carter.
>>
File: Screenshot (2997).png (96 KB, 902x155)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
Not my proudest day, tryhard bros.
>>
>>1314311
Poor Draki Prince. How'd he die?
>>
>>1314318
Surrounded by Mungos, with his mistress nowhere in sight...
>>
>>1314311
What's this? I don't remember seeing this screen ingame.
>>
>>1314431
post-battle stat screen
>>
>>1314442
I'll try to check it out next time I finish a mission, I only remember seeing the loot and who survived plus the stamina reduction of the mission only. It is probably a tab I never paid attention before as well.
>>
File: Screenshot (2998).png (458 KB, 849x602)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
>second try
Nice.
>>1314431
You can switch to a more detailed information screen after each mission.
>>
>>1314444
It's a text that is also a button that doesn't look clickable. On the top right corner above the info you mentioned. "Mission Results" I think? It's a pretty common mistake to make, myself included.
>>
Giselle will tame a Mungo in sight of other Mungos
A new legendary Mungo will then tame HER with the copied skill! The humiliation will be unbearable
>>
>>1315158
Gisellebros...
>>
>>1315158
There's precedent. The Flower Garden Crabmit can tame back your beasts. It'd still take like 300 AT though.
>>
>trying to make a Trance Barbarian
>need the mastery from Ben to do it
>okay I'll just do Joint Training to farm it quickly
>the Joint Training version of Ben doesn't have it
There's no escaping it. I have to do 54v a gorillion times on this file.
>>
>>1315260
Now that Mungos are a thing, we are never getting a Rage potion in the game. I seriously think that would help Alisa not being trash 99% of the time.
>>
File: 470310_20230122131834_1.png (1.07 MB, 1920x1080)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>1315395
Bro? Your Encourage?
>>
File: 20230121233458_1.jpg (310 KB, 1536x864)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>1315411
I don't remember Encourage being particulary good.
>>
>>1315424
With that set it gives you Rage for 3 turns which lets you keep Forgotten Pain permanently active.
>>
File: 20230121233514_1.jpg (261 KB, 1536x864)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>1315424
Also, I really detest Alisa, is fucking deadweight in every missiona and her only goal is to lure some enemies, use Rampage and get killed far away so the team can kill the map without being overwhelmed at once.
I also despite her because I invested in her gear and is fucking shit. SHIT.

I think I'm going to wait until the end of dlc to see if a third class can fix her, or if she can get a decent lv60 gear.

>>1315425
>With that set it gives you Rage for 3 turns which lets you keep Forgotten Pain permanently active.
No idea. Probably never managed to unlock that one. I just pop out Rampage away from the team and wait for her to die (because she only triggers her revive like 20% of the time)
>>
File: 470310_20230122134656_1.png (1.38 MB, 1920x1080)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>1315426
It's Roar of Victory + Sweet Home, Battlefield + Encourage + Outrage. Your build is pretty different from mine so it's not simple to slot it in, however.
>>
>>1315425
My bad, didn't even noticed that I had the mastery set for Forgotten Pain, I think I need to sleep for now since I'm dead tired. I read this whole sentence wrong.
>>1315431
I'll eventually try something different with Alisa
>50 speed
Do you even get to act with Alisa at all?
In some missions my Alisa get to play like 2-3 turns and I don't even run these kind of builds that let me solo maps before the enemy can act in any of my characters.
>>
>>1315432
It's a bit misleading because she gains speed while she's under Rage, so her standard AT is around 68 once it's up. Once she gets hit by anything she runs wild as well. Usually she ends up clearing 3/4 of the map by herself while everyone else mops up.
>>
>Barbarian Alisa
Tried it a few times and she just got in the middle of trouble and either died or made things harder/longer than they had to be with her target selection
And her speed when no one was around to trigger her, police tier
>>
>>1315426
>(because she only triggers her revive like 20% of the time)
That's because The Liberated consumes your rampage on kill to give you Trance. If you broke up that mastery set her survivability would be a lot better. It's sort of designed for that Spirit mastery that gives you 50% damage reduction while in Overcharge.
>>
>>1315260 (me)
I just unlocked the mastery somehow, and it wasn't from Ben though he does have it. I think it's an achievement mastery.
>>
>>1315432
>>50 speed
>Do you even get to act with Alisa at all?
Not him but I usually offset with things like chasing a herd or run to keep her going until she's in enemy range, at which point her speed doesn't matter. You can also have Kylie around to speed her along with support protocols. I don't really like Barb Alisa so I can grab White Knight's marching master instead, although ever since the new GS masteries came in my Alisa just feels like a gimped Albus
>>
File: 470310_20230122222944_1.png (1.08 MB, 1920x1080)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
I have just made the most unfair Alisa build imaginable
>uses Rampage for my Rage state, which cannot be dispelled since it's a debuff
>as soon as it falls into Final Resistance threshold, Argonaut trips and adds the 50% damage resistance from Overflowing Spirit
>doesn't matter if the Rampage AI uses my overcharge skills because Argonaut doesn't have a cooldown, so the next time she gets hit her overcharge comes back immediately
>after all this, if she dies she still has Immortal
I've been playing it in Joint Drills against AI-controlled player teams and it's just silly.
I think the next way to make it even better would be to farm Twinkle Jack's accessory that gives Impulse Fields in item form so she can't get one-shot from full.
>>
File: 20230122083822_1.jpg (185 KB, 1536x864)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>1314311
>>1314442
Watching the statistics is actually kind of fun. Thanks anons.

Please, tell me I'm not the only one who get those black squares as graphical errors
>>
File: Screenshot (3044).png (1.81 MB, 1920x1080)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
I don't even know how often I've done this new mission now, and yet I still come out with only four members left.
Mungos are a menace...
>>1315644
>spoiler
I don't remember ever seeing them.
>>
>>1315655
Neither did I before asking in this thread. You need to hit the "Mission Statistics" button on the top of your pic related to see them.
I never noticed just how much of a beast Witch Anne was.
>>
>>1315631
Now use her in online pvp alongside Hellgate Anne and Bianca.
>>
>>1315658
No, I meant the black pixels.
Mission statistics screen isn't really a well hidden secret.
>>
File: Screenshot (3045).png (268 KB, 715x611)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
Uhh... can anyone tell me why the effect on the rare pistol is better than the one on the legendary weapon?
>>
>>1315721
-10% block is better than 15% crit though
>>
>>1315661
I finally managed to play a couple of matches with someone and yeah, it's pretty near unstoppable. The only thing is that if you use Rampage without having anyone in the line of sight it ends the rampage, and it's got a 9 turn cooldown so if you're not getting hit then you'll probably never get to use it again for the entire match.
>>
>>1315722
Yeah, I misread the item description...
>>
File: spooky clown.png (462 KB, 1101x825)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
I think my copy is being haunted...
>>
>>1315765
this is the spooky clown of dystopian seoul
good block rates and armorbreak will come to you, but only if you reply to this post with "stick around spooky clown"
>>
>>1316042
stick around spooky clown
>>
>>1315426
>Rampage
found your problem
>>
>>1315644
>>1315765
Bro, your GPU...
>>
>>1316427
Don't worry.
>>
>>1315644
I just had those squares appear during Kylie's overcharge nuke. It's not just you.
>>
File: 20230125023215_1.jpg (288 KB, 1536x864)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
I love how busted Witch Anne can get.
>>
>>1318256
Witch is such a good class even without buff spam. Anne gets accuracy, damage, mitigation and crowd control in return for slightly worse healing. White Mage is almost underpowered.
>>
>>1318419
And "slightly" worse healing still is around 3k-5k hp of healing (maybe because of my weapon) and some healing masteries aswell.

Which is kind of a shame, I see no point in ever using White Mage in the game at all. I saw some of their masteries sets and besides the ability to heal fear and shit like that, useless.
>>
>>1318480
Pretty much the only reason to run White Mage is for the mental debuff immunity aura, and even then it's not a big deal on most maps. AOE regeneration on healing is sort of nice, but Ray can do that for free with her healing mist that also doubles as smokescreen.
>>
>>1318256
She is a miracle of the universe. But for a fetish of mine i want to try to squeeze more damage as possible from her, i like her doing serious damage.
>>
File: 470310_20230126121253_1.png (1.12 MB, 1920x1080)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>1318483
A glass cannon Anne build could probably output some stupid damage. My scraped together build can already one-shot a lot of enemies from full HP on a blocked hit, and I'm even missing the mastery set that gives %damage per Elementalist mastery.
>>
>>1318513
Gonna try it, thanks.
>>
>>1318514
Mine's not glass cannon, it's just the one I'm using to play the game.
I'll make a stupid damage one in a while, but the premise would be
>equip Sage, the Archwitch mastery set and Witch of Pride
>add Rock Fist and similar damage-based Earth masteries
>Willpower
>stuff as many elementalist masteries into the board as possible with an emphasis on completing sets
>run a map and watch Anne hit for 10k through block
>>
File: 470310_20230126151559_1.png (1.12 MB, 1920x1080)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>1318521 (me)
I think this is the most powerful offensive Anne board I can make.
Earth masteries are mostly a trap, her natural Earth resistance isn't high enough for it to be a significant contribution to her stats (mine was like +103 ESP or something) and you can do better in the Defence masteries than wasting them on Earth Resistance I - III.
From the combination of masteries she's gaining %ESP damage for every Shaman, Witch and Elementalist mastery, and Commune With Spirit gives her +10 ESP for Human masteries so they're not even wasted slots.
Her ESP damage display looks really funny, I'll show it in the next post and then go test against some real targets.
>>
File: 470310_20230126152040_1.png (1.43 MB, 1920x1080)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>1318623
Anne does not care about damage mitigation
>>
File: 470310_20230126153131_1.png (2.02 MB, 1920x1080)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
>>1318624
It's not that impressive in practice though
>>
File: 470310_20230126153359_1.png (1.46 MB, 1920x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>1318631
Here are his stats. He's got Wobbly Belly which is screwing me out of some crit damage, but the non-crit is still ehhhh
>>
>>1318624
>sense of belonging
Anon, you should have infinite money by now, change your office mastery to something that you can get benefit of.
>>
>>1318652
I'm too lazy to buy drinks every mission
>>
File: 1645986724538.png (1.99 MB, 1920x1080)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>1318483
>She is a miracle of the universe
>>
>>1318480
I really like the recovery support mastery so I could never use witch anne
>>
>>1318419
>>1318480
>>1318481
>ignoring her damage reduction and increased vigor regen
Stack it with Battle mage and Leton's unique wall modifier and it gets crazy
And since you got mental immunity, no risk of stunning tier interrupts
Plus bigger free battery radius
And of course, >>1318798, very good panic button mastery especially since the nerf to resurrecting drones
>>
>>1319054
>increased vigor regen
Origin of Life is a Shaman mastery and any magical class has more vigor recovery than it needs just incidentally.
>>
>>1319054
>especially since the nerf to resurrecting drones
What did they nerf? Still works for me.
>>
>>1319065
It gets increased range
You don't just use it on mages
And since vigor recovery triggers at the start of every turn, AT reductions go along with it
>>1319145
They used to trigger on moving distance
As opposed to just 4/6 tiles
>>
>>1319189
That's a shame about drones...
Why even use them nowadays? They've been nerfed so hard time and time again... the only function they still serve is free 'Detected' radius.
>>
File: 20230126211151_1.jpg (318 KB, 1536x864)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>1318623
>>1318513
rate my Anne

>still pissed off about Best Condition, Prosperity and Great Plains action time nerf
>>
>>1319200
That's one of the downsides of players and enemies using the exact same rules. All sorts of machine masteries got nerfed to make destrons easier but it also affects player drones. The same thing happened recently with the Mungo nerfs.
I still like flamethrower drones. They do respectable AOE damage and they work pretty well with the masteries that automatically attack enemies within a radius. I've tried to make ice drones for Freezing before but they don't really seem workable. The freeze is too conditional and ice guns aren't good.
>>1319293
I like Blood Witch too much to not have it, but I'm weird like that. Looks like a perfectly good Anne.
>got hit by all 3 AT reduction nerfs
RIP. I wonder if it's worth slotting Extreme Speed instead of Best Condition at that point.
>>
>>1318256
>>1318419
it isn't really about the class itself (witch is basically black mage lite 2bh) but about her earth SP which grants her both block and block shred, two things other casters like Sion and Bianca severely lack. Hell, she even gets additional AT reduction because of prosperity and Great Plains on top of that.
>>
>>1319200
I have a meme drone based around getting turns instantly to trigger the machine crafter '-5 AT when a drone starts its turn' effect
basically
>Damage absorbing to cap damage at 25% of the drone's HP
>Emergency Drive for the drone to take its turn instantly when it receives more than 20% of its HP in damage
>Survival control to heal for 25% of HP when starting a turn below 50% HP
>that mastery that recovers fuel based on damage received
>some additional fuel recovery masteries and sets (it ended up being overkill 2bh)

I just send it in the middle of the enemies, let them have a whack at it and watch how it constantly gets turns and reduces kylie's AT
>>
>>1319200
>Why even use them nowadays?
support, exclusively. they have 2 nice auras, free detected and the emergency resurrect.
>>
File: 1658876118349.jpg (38 KB, 750x422)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1319454
I tired something like this with a high speed drone before
>AT reduction on fuel regen
>fuel regen on movement
>move when hit
It was useless in combat aside from speeding up Kylie and taking a few shots that could've hit something worth a damn, but it was doing fucking DONUTS around the clowns
>>
Newfag here
Is the Bladestorm mastery bugged or something?
It really feels I'm getting less procs than when I had just Bladstorm with no combos.
Or is the RNGesus testing me?
>>
>>1319636
Probably just RNG fuckery.
>>
>I never miss
>Defeat all the Spoonist and smugglers in scenario mission [Wolf and the Hunter] using Albus' team on Hard or higher difficulty.
Does anyone know how to get this achievement? You start the mission with Carter and Leton, so there's no way to actively 'choose' Albus' team. And then everyone starts fighting each other; are you supposed to kill everyone on the map quickly without letting them engage each other?
>>
>>1320469
You're supposed to escape ASAP, then you get to switch to Albus' team and finish the level. It's a bit tricky because soon after Carter and Leton escape, the enemy factions will also start to run away and they'll go in different directions so you need to split up and kill them fast.
>>
>>1320469
You're meant to get it by escaping with Carter and Leton and then making sure no enemies escape when you get control of Albus' group.
It's a pretty annoying achievement. I did it with some really high movement builds and making a line at both exits, but I saw a strategy on the forums where the guy stalled with Carter and Leton for as long as possible while the third party units all fought each other and then escaped when there were only a couple left.
>>
File: Screenshot (3111).png (560 KB, 887x683)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
>bonus for fire SP
>bonus for Ice SP
Thanks for nothing.
>>
>>1320644
Not gonna lie, I really dislike this RNG fiesta when crafting/identifying
Wish you could reroll
>>
>>1320721
That'd destroy the entire purpose...
>>
>>1320644
>He doesn't run Incendiary Grenade Leton
>>
>>1320725
Not when it would cost 6 gorillion psi fire stones
>>
>>1320757
hopefully this last dlc doesn't forget about these stones, I don't want to run a level 27 that is like the only decent way to get them.
The crab island had 0 stones and I think all the dlc stages had 0 stones as well.
>>
>>1320797
Crambnam having no stones makes no sense
It has psi animals, no reason stones wouldn't be all over the place.
>>
>>1320797
Weren't there any fire psi stones in the Draki caves?
>>
>>1320797
Just buy them at the shop on Shooter Street.

Yeah it gets pretty expensive but you're probably rolling in dosh anyway.
>>
>>1319296
Quick Grasp still works just fine.
>>
>>1320822
The crabs only just got there.
>>
>>1321023
Uh, I suppose that lorewise they don't form immediately
I suppose only the ultimate humans vs beast map will do for psi stones
>>
>>1320797
I hope there's a map with them in this DLC, but I'm not optimistic. They've always shown up on beast maps so far and Mungos don't have elemental ESP.
An anon a few threads ago said there were rumours of elemental Destrons which might be our salvation.
>>
>>1321182
>elemental Destrons
Wut? Machines don't have SP types, that'd be nuts.
>>
>>1321191
Frostcron, Lightningcron and Firecron and their higher tier versions exist. They don't have SP, but they do have elemental attacks and presumably required psi stones to construct. If we raid a place that's assembling elemental robots then I could see them putting psi-stones on that map in some form.
>>
>>1321195
Oh yeah, that'd be possible.
Elemental Destrons are a scary thought.. imagine Lightningtron with AoE attacks and 1000% crit damage.
>>
>>1321199
And immune to lighting damage. How do you even kill one without Sion?
>>
File: 1561841388625.jpg (32 KB, 936x604)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>1321199
>Ice destron with Freezing, Auto Re-attack and Auto Suppressive Fire
>>
>>1321201
GS Albus storm slash could do it
So could Engineer Kylie
The real problem is how to deal with the berserk status after they cheat a turn
>>
>>1321201
Witch Anne
>>
>>1321201
Sweeper Heixing with Annihilation Shot
>>
>>1321228
I had that mastery set with the machine killing. It was fucking useless,I swear. I guess you have to combine with another mastery because even with Machine killing and the set, the damage to destrons never surpassed 120.
>>
File: 470310_20230129152446_1.png (1.11 MB, 1920x1080)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>1321229
I actually don't use that set. Mine's built around So Close Yet So Far + Firearm Interchangeability + a bunch of damage-increasing Sweeper sets. This build can kill multiple destrons in 1 Annihilation Shot if they line up.
>>
>>1321201
I've realized that Leton is a perfect Anti-Destron-Weapon since they don't have freezing immunity. It's one of the few, if not the only, status effects (besides Shutdown) you can inflict them with actually.
>>
File: Screenshot (3131).png (944 KB, 954x753)
944 KB
944 KB PNG
Guys, there's a sword stuck in my Shooter Street.
>>
>>1321395
As the legends foretold. Pull it and become the king of Valhalla!
>>
>>1321429
It was a terrible idea to stick it in upside-down, we're never going to find a savior for Valhalla like this...
>>
>>1321436
A Yasha could probably do it
>>
If you don't run a Death Potion + Sacrifice build without Second Heart you're not a real gamer.
>>
>>1321466
Imagine not running as much class exclusive sets as possible
>>
Give me one reason why I shouldn't run breakthrough on every single character
>>
File: 1614919200116.png (1.4 MB, 720x720)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>1321482
It's a situational 3-point mastery that doesn't fit into many sets and does very little against enemies with both low and extremely high block rates.
>>
>>1321482
Its not that good
Mutant on the other hand..
>>
>>1321385
I think the war paint destron is immune to freeze, or at least, to ice traps.
The Ice Tima is algo good for the very same reason, tanky as fuck and can freeze robots with easy.
>>
>>1321556
Nah, improved Black Destron isn't freezing immune.
Maybe he used to be and they changed it as a nerf? I do remember them being way stronger in the past.
>>
>>1321556
If they go into overdrive with the red swirlies they become immune to physical debuffs.
>>
>>1321503
>>1321519
I'm playing cruel challenge and I find that block reduction is probably the most important thing if I want to kill something, and consequently if I give someone breakthrough they end up killing the most enemies

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.