[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 16543432.jpg (660 KB, 1920x1080)
660 KB
660 KB JPG
>Faction depends on AI to function
>AI is shit
>Lose
Is there anything worse? What are you supposed to do here? Georgia's inherently a defensive civ.
>>
>>1269352
Gerogia is a lot better than it seems. You have to get a classic era golden age so it's not exactly consistent, but with monumentality active things start getting out of hand
Tamar leads things into a weird direction, but having a religion never hurts and yhe faith production can prove useful
It's not what I would call a good civ, or even particularly well designed, but it's more than playable
If you want a REAL shit civ, look at fucking Gilgamesh.
>>
>>1269365
Anon, most of what you said doesn't mean anything.
Georgia's core tool for warfare is the AI. They specialize in obtaining Suzerain status, and they build defensive structures to cover their defense. The core fantasy of playing as Tamar is sending armies from city-states you don't control to fight your wars for you.
This mechanic, the center of Georgia's real game, does not work because the AI does not work.
>>
>>1269376
Friendly AI is going to be only as retarded as enemy AI so they should be evenly matched. The issue is AI just blatantly cheats to compensate for being dumb up to direct stat bonuses so player gets used to the idea that very lopsided matchups are normal and winnable when they really aren't given similar skill level. I'm not sure if that is the case in civ, but a lot of games additionally take away the AI cheats from allies so they will underperform even all else being equal8
>>
>>1269426
>Friendly AI is going to be only as retarded as enemy AI so they should be evenly matched.
This assumes you're setting city-states against city-states, and that they would have a the exact same roles in the war.
They do not, you are not, and if you played against real people, you'd understand why your words ring hollow.
>>
>>1269430
No, it most assuredly was not. Furthermore, Georgia was released in an expansion, long after it was demonstrated that most people play against the AI.
>>
>>1269429
And I never said anything about playing against people, have I? Competitive multiplayer Civ is a margin of error. If you have to give away some control to AI against human player who can micro everything you will probably get fucked but this is largely irrelevant here.
>>
File: 1667645794901836.jpg (87 KB, 976x850)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>1269352
why is she that dark?
>>
>>1269436
>And I never said anything about playing against people, have I?
"Civ 6 was designed with the idea that casual gamers would play it against their friends, not against AI"
Literally the post I responded to.
>Competitive multiplayer Civ is a margin of error. If you have to give away some control to AI against human player who can micro everything you will probably get fucked but this is largely irrelevant here.
Anon, just getting the city-states to show up for the war is difficult, let alone producing units or upgrading their armies.

Pathetic dishonesty.
>>
>>1269440
>Literally the post I responded to.
Except you haven't, look at the post numbers you retard.
>>
>>1269442
Doing this right:
>And I never said anything about playing against people, have I?
The first sentence was about vs AI performance. The second was saying experience with real players would highlight this.
On both levels, this civ fails due to the city-state AI.
>>
>>1269437
Not all white people look like swedes
>>
civ 6 is fun but its trash for multiplayer. especially after they added the natural disasters. NQmod civ 5 is simply better
>>
>>1269453
mutt hands typed this post
>>
File: latest[1].png (82 KB, 256x256)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>1269365
>If you want a REAL shit civ, look at fucking Gilgamesh.
>>
>>1270732
Get 3 of these bad boys and the game should start playing the Can Can or 1812 overture as you blast apart entire civilizations.
>>
>>1270732
*rushes swordsmen*
Heh, nothing personal kid
>>
>>1270738
>5 more power and 1 less movement
>Requires a resource
lmao, lol even
>>
>>1270732
i remember when i tried o get into multiplayer anyone who tried to play gilgamesh was immediately kicked by host because of this. good times
>>
>>1269453
Georgians aren't White.
>>
>>1270892
They are literally Caucasian.
>>
>>1270738
>implying you have iron

lol
lmao even
>>
>>1269437
remember they had to lighten her skin after a bunch of Georgians complained and even then she looks a bit too dark for a Georgian
I blame the artists being tumblr weirdos who seem to default to everybody being brown
>>
>>1269352
Qrd?
>>
File: georgian-people1[1].jpg (199 KB, 900x600)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>1270892
Here's what modern day Georgians look like
>>
>>1272516
Georgia's bonuses set her up for the following playstyle:
>Build walls
>Chain golden ages
>Spam missionaries everywhere to get envoys to City-States
>Become Suzerain over all of them, and have them fight your battles while you huddle up at home and build up.
The issue is that the City-state AI is absolutely unusable. Your only possible interactions are sending envoys, declaring war, using builders there, and manually taking control of their military.
If you were going to use the "Levy" mechanic for all of your business, it'd make more sense to play as Hungary, not Georgia. If you don't use the Levy mechanic, the AI bumbles about instead of fighting (assuming their units are up-to-date).
>>
>>1272554
Doesn't sound like an issue then desu. Just because another faction does one aspect better doesn't make the faction useless. Just build walls and chain golden ages while levying units from city states
>>
>>1272692
The other part is that Hungary provides the tools to make Levied units viable. 75% discount on levy upgrade cost, a sweeping movement/strength buff, and a direct envoy benefit from levying. All of this because it's what's needed to make city-state AI usable against other factions.
Georgia just gets its foot in the door, but everything following that is an impoverished mess.
>>
>>1272700
It just seems like Georgia is a defensive version of Hungary, instead of building a massive army of powerful levies to crush enemies, Georgia gets levies to help defend their walled settlements while they use golden age to win via culture/science/religion/diplomacy. Seems like religion is an obvious path for them though
>>
The problem is Hungary gets bonus envoys when levying which protects you from immediately losing the levy you paid for. It's almost never worth levying if you aren't Hungary.
>>
>>1272703
>Georgia gets levies to help defend their walled settlements while they use golden age to win via culture/science/religion/diplomacy.
That's the issue there. City-states don't contribute enough to serve as a defensive force (and you often have to modernize them on your own), and unless you're playing a colonial game as Georgia, all except maybe one or two will be too far out of position to help you in any defensive war. 15-20 turns just to arrive in the correct theatre of war.
>>
>>1272814
>free troops
>not useful for defense
???? Are you really basing your whole opinion off of distance? Dude just grab city states near your cities, why do you care about one on the other side of the world? Seriously sounds like a skill issue
>>
>>1272837
>Dude just grab city states near your cities
Did. They contributed nothing.
Free units mean nothing if they're not armed, don't come to your defense, and don't upgrade themselves.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.