[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 138 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 46545645.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
It's always the same with this game.
>install
>play for 5-10 hours
>get bored/turned off by the autism required
>uninstall
problem is is it's one of the few space RPG/simulation games out there of any worth. Cosmoteer comes to mind but it's barebones EA atm.
>>
File: BUCKET LIST.png (168 KB, 850x540)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
Did someone say Buck Breaker???
https://files.catbox.moe/26wzqy.zip
>>
>>1264450
Insufficient simulation. Inb4 source
>>
>>1264450
same deal here op
i like the core gameplay but it just doesn't go anywhere
for me it peaks around when i have a destroyer with a high quality fleet to take on much larger fleets and then just gets worse
>>
>>1264480
>Buck Breaker
inb4 discorders flood the thread
>>
>>1264486
never even made it close to early/mid game. What's the "End Game" like? Is it just more of the same shit? I find a lot of these games have solid early game phases and mid/late game is just not developed at all.
>>
>>1264450
>the autism required
LMAO
>>
>>1264523
go on
>>
>>1264450
ah, the warband syndrome
>>
Any pro tips for starting out (version 0.95.1a)?
I hate the beginning grind.
Best starting combat ship?
Should I go economic or combat pilot?
>>
>>1264450
why would you pirate an indie game?
>>
>>1264614
one point navigation then leadership
>>
>>1264791
ok
>>
>>1264614
Check the bar often, there's awesome deal hidden behind randomly generated lines.
You want to look for specific phrase like "concerned looking..." some are pointless and not worth shit, other are gold mine.
Like the guy selling his old ship.
Or the group of experimented marines looking for a job...
...which is useful for the guy who have a plan to steal a ship if you provide the soldiers.
>>
>>1264450
Starsector doesn't require much autism. The problem is there's not really much of a lategame. You earn a bunch of money smuggling and then... what? Build a colony, which is just a money printer and doesn't have much going on. Do the main story, fight a few bosses, mess with expedition fleets... that's it.
>>
>>1264639
because i don't like it enough to buy it and i don't like or agree with the developer either
by now some of the issues could have been fixed and people have explained why but they don't care and have other priorities
so it's never going to be worth it
>>
>>1264572
If anon has been playing for 10 hours he's already got a handle on most of the game. I struggle to think of a less autistic title that exists on this board than starsector besides maybe rimworld
This is not a praiseworthy statement btw
>>
With Burndrive engaged this thing gets up to 525... too fast?
>>
>>1264450
unplayable without nexelerin
>>
>>1265063
Can you give some examples of said issues friend? I am curious
>>
>>1265303
anon it's outrunning most fighters
>>
>>1264480
MEGANIGGA here
this has been added to the sneedchuck mega.nz folder that I've previously just used for storing sprites when the sneedault-chuckoyan stuff started being made
https://mega.nz/folder/MYlWxYjD#0FNfwvt8Rf21UPr3weiIrw
>>
>>1265546
fighters are far more deadly
>>
>>1265063
what issues
>>
Dasneed-Chuckoyan Engineering
>>
>>1265609
don't ask if you don't want the answer
>>
>>1265574
You are underage
>>
>>1265546
I noticed, ironically I'm using the pickets vanilla stats (excluding +shields and OP (+5)). Tempted to give it makeshift shield as a built-in but the 20% speed nerf is a bit excessive, I like the idea of an overridden hunk-of-hunk being the fastest thing in the 'verse.
>>
File: screenshot011.png (1.73 MB, 1920x1080)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
What built-in hullmods would be good for this 4xUberGauss beast? (its not flagship btw) Or maybe its better to split these weapons between 4 cruisers? Or get some better ship for these bad boys?
>>
>>1265985
I'm telling you now from my experience with that mod, go into the ship data .csv and change both that ship's and the carrier's shield:flux ratio to 1.0 - it having the same shield efficiency of the Conquest is a crime against good sense.
>>
>>1265989
Okay, Staple FR to 1, got it, sure. I do not know about what carrier you speak, please clarify.
Also please suggest what S-mods should I get for these 4 gauss weapons, thank you
>>
File: file.png (36 KB, 1607x214)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>1266004
I think I've got it, Pelican
>>
>>1265574
someone translate to english?
>>
>>1266070
searching through dozens of threads for individual sprites bad
putting them in one convenient place good
>>
>>1265872
Seething Trannycordcuck.
>>
>Use dozens of mods
>Smooth 60 FPS
>Load ICE alone
>FPS drops below 20
What is this shit made of? I don't even like their ships, just want to hoard unique bounty ships.
>>
>>1265420
unplayable in general
>>
File: clownfusion.png (549 KB, 487x615)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
>previous thread's last 200 posts were some discord tourists shit talking new mods like it's highschool and they gotta assert their reputation
Why do we have to share space with these drama divas.
>>
>>1266122
Special Java booster to make an authentic Java experience.
>>
Speaking of Java: What did I have to do to modernize the SS java runtime?
>>
>>1264614
Go to aksonia and start hauling fuel/volotiles between umbra and sindra.
Just remember to sell on black market only and hack the nav station to outrun the 50.000 armed IRS agents
>>
i cannot get the sound working again to save my life. Tried fucking around with the OpenAL.dlls, tried toggling, tried admin run w/permissions. Nothing works. Forums have nothing on it
>>
>>1266451
Have your tried switching it off and back on again.
>>
>not buying it
I will always give more mind to paying for a game that allows you to buy it directly from the developer.
>>
I think people who make mods such as Iron Shell need to be beaten to death.
>>
>>1266636
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>1266638
No.
>>
>>1266288
What do you mean? That's probably too much work.
>>
>>1266664
replace the shitty java 7 runtime with java 8 or actual modern java
it's been discussed plenty but I can't find the instructions
>>
>>1266654
edgy
>>
>>1266713
jave8 is just a drop-in replacement iirc

for more modern stuff i think https://github.com/necauqua/starsector-fixes works but i haven't tried it myself
>>
>>1265904
worst fight i've ever had in the game was when it spawned two unarmed pickets
>>
>>1264450
I'm looking at pirating the thing because I lost the code and and also the computers the game was installed on. I never got to actually complete the thing.
>>
>>1266724
>I never got to actually complete the thing.
kek
>>
I nominate Star Federation for best faction music.
>>
>>1266724
don't worry, nobody did
>>
>>1266638
NTA but

>puts alot of edgy new content in
>often doesn't fit with the game balance wise, lore wise, or even artstyle wise
>will do random things just because the dev has a chip on their shoulder (you're not allowed to steal from the hegemony or else they spawn an insta-kill fleet ontop of you)
>they throw a hissy fit on their personal discord if you say anything negative

That's worthy of hate.
>>
>>1266724
One can complete Starsector?
>>
>>1267174
Wrong, I love Anon and what he does
>>
If there's any realistic mod to ever be made it's a scaling mod, either 1 to 1 scale, or making all ships properly sized so that capital ships are actual capital ships and fighters feel like fighters.
>>
>>1264450
>autism required
>starsector
oof
>>
File: 41.jpg (86 KB, 666x375)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>1267329
>>
fuck it
i should make a new sneedbash since there hasn't been anything new for sneedault-chuckoyan farm supplies & brothels
give ideas pls
>>
>>1267092
I have to say I never cared about the plot to begin with because it was a pretty subpar setting to begin with. Even after all the updates the story doesn't seem to go anywhere, and the characters are pretty forgettable. Only thing left is to build buffalo mk.2 fleets to bully the ai
>>
>>1267379
Make a Lasher (BB) variant.
>>
>>1267175
Buck broken discordnigger. I’ll make more sneedbashes and contribute to the pool
>>
>>1267329
Yeah yeah we get it Foster. You have 4chan living rent-free in that skull of yours
>>
File: 2022-11-21 (147).png (291 KB, 1920x1080)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>1267391
alright
does this engine block swap look alright? after I get opinions on it I'm going to work on adding NGO gubbinz to the rest of the ship
>>
File: sneedlash.png (79 KB, 435x661)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>1267403
update
decided to swap out the bow/bridge section for one from the parts image
this looks janky with the color mismatch but 1: it's my sprite, I'm allowed to make it janky, and 2: this level of jankiness is only slightly above the sneedault-chuckoyan average
>>
>>1267329
You are either a discord troon janny that does it for free or Soren the cuck. You have no power here.
>>
>>1267412
Looks like shit
>>
File: nft.jpg (366 KB, 1200x1994)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>1267608
>>
>>1266720
Has anyone tried this??? The I"m betting decent fps improvements with jvm17
>>
I wish Starsector were 95% focused on colonization, colony development, and empire growing.
>>
>>1267611
Sneeded
>>
>>1267682
I am glad it isn't and hope all nexfag will fuck off permanently.
>>
>>1267599
it’s janky shit but it’s MY janky shit, so you can go fuck yourself
>>
>>1267792
No :)
>>
>>1267682
>i wish starsector was a good game.
Nex is as close as it gets. I want more trading.
>>1267799
It's janky shit and it sucks ass. It's been 3 months can that shit just die already.
>>1267652
Those discorders have been non stop posting their stupid drama here because nobody else tolerates them. We don't need to tolerate them.
>>
>>1267882
>We don't need to tolerate them.
You don't need to respond, take solace in their triggering and move on.
>>
>>1267895
Jesus fucking christ i'm talking about the sneedfaggots
>>
>>1267897
>a couple of posts of people actively creating sprites is 'non stop posting their stupid drama'
you're just mad your whining just got nuked by the jannies
>>
>>1264614
I once did a challenge run where I started with a single Kite and no credits. I ended with the typical swathe of colonies and godfleets. Did I grind my face numb? No.

DO THE FUCKING GALATIA ACADEMY MISSIONS. Grab a Starliner for hauling crew. Grab a Dram or someth for fuel. Grab a Buffalo for freight. NO OTHER SHIPS. Fly around the sector and become filthy rich. Upgrade to an Atlas, and Prometheus, and hopefully some Phantom troop carriers. NO OTHER SHIPS. Fly around the sector and become rich. DO THE GALATIA ACADEMY MISSIONS.

Find an *extremely* good world that's profitable immediately. Low hazard, effective Farming or Mining. Colonize it and forget about it. Don't put AI in it. Don't make it a free port. Toggle on Hazard Pay. Leave it alone so it can grow. Find another planet that is relatively cheap to maintain(low hazard) with VAST RUINS. If your first colony has large enough ruins that's even better. On whichever colony has large ruins, build TECH MINING and click it, select Improvements, and spend 2 story points. Now it will permanently provide extremely profitable artifacts, blueprints, AI Cores, FOREVER.

LOOT ALL WEAPONS AND DROP THEM IN STORAGE AT YOUR HOME COLONY. RETURN THERE FOR ALL OUTFITTING/TESTING OF SHIPS. Stop selling weapons. Drop them in storage. Put them in the fucking storage. Install a simple mod for mass transferring items. Click the "Weapons" tab in your inventory. Press the transfer button(up arrow for me). Click the "All" tab, click "Sort". Go back to your business. DO THIS OR LOSE THE GAME.

On the main map, press D. This opens colonies menus. Click the "Custom Production" tab. Top left, there's a box with an arrow. THAT'S WHERE YOUR SHIT IS GOING. MAKE IT CONVENIENT. MAKE IT WHERE YOUR WEAPONS ARE.
>>
I always wait like a year before coming back to this game when I burn out, then I come back and install all new faction mods and it's like a new experience. All the testing and discovery is cool. Inevitably I seem to find ONE faction that is way overtuned and has some insanely exploitable weapon or fighter. The Gundam mod came with some absolutely broken small mount weapons with bizarre range and 50% flux-to-damage ratio. I installed like 500 of them on a bunch of ships and sailed directly into the enemy. It sounded like fucking buzzsaws going off and my enemies kept exploding. The Gundam mod has a couple of busted fighters too. I made a post on the forums letting the creator know and he changed the numbers on them. Sorry guys.
>>
>can't play modded game
>can't play normal starsector for long because memory just keeps increasing and 2gb is lacking
Fuck java, games like these need something better.
>>
>>1264480
>>1265574
Haven't got a custom weapon yet but how about a custom hullmod? You can thank Noah for the code!

Also deals double damage vs. Ironshell and Luddic Path IEDs!
>>
>>1268053
does this stack as 600%, 700%, 1000%, or 1200%?
>>
>>1267923
Trading is profitable and the shitass combar is entirely avoidable
>>
>>1268059
It doesn't stack.
>>
>>1268053
Based, but would you be able to make that hullmod installable, rather than just a build in on certain hulls?
>>
>>1268075
One step ahead of you, it costs 5/10/15/25
>>
>>1268087
Nice, definitely downloading this for the next time I put tahlanshit on my hard drive.
>>
File: 1607842561904.jpg (281 KB, 576x797)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>1266636
I heard there was a few modders that have similar issues akin to the modding meltdowns of minecraft modders ala greg or vaziki. Is it true there's a few mods that are actively injecting code or mining data?
>>
someone post the pastebin
>>
>>1268053
Impressive, very nice.
>>
>>1264450
8TB drives are like 200 dollars, why do you not have enough space to keep everything installed? Don't tell me you play on some cheap laptop.
>>
>>1268052
What do you mean? Are you saying you only have 2 gigs of ram? Or do you not know how to change the config to fix the low memory allocation issue?
>>
>>1268052
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21400.0
>>
>>1268053
kino
>>
>>1268087
How do I get the mod. Is it part of the mod you linked earlier?
>>
>>1268154
>>1268155

The following is a list of mods and modders that have been involved in drama. Note that most of these mods are well-known and popular for their content. This is not a "do not play" list, but a word of caution so you know what and who you are dealing with. They've been put into several categories:

>YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Modders complicit in outright malicious behavior recently: crash code, malware, attempts to mess with other mods
>Nia Tahl
The all-knowing master of passive-aggressive snapping at all criticism. Chiefly known for including stealth nerfs to other mods on the grounds of people "cheesing" Tahlan Shipworks' infamous "boss faction", Legio Infernalis. Reverted them after much outrage, but never admitted being in the wrong. Gets extremely offended at the idea that people might not enjoy LI and mocks those who disable it.
>boggled
Included an IP logger in Terraforming & Station Construction, didn’t bother making it opt-in, thus sparking suspicions of malware. Subsequently removed it after moderate amounts of drama. Never admitted being in the wrong either.
>theDragn,
Made High Tech Expansion, Apex Design Collective and the furry portrait pack. Mods are unbalanced, such as Apex. High Tech Expansion still includes crash code to prevent the game from starting with New Galactic Order enabled, despite NGO having been dead for years. The dev has often said that he doesn't find a problem with putting malicious code into mods Source: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19548.120
>>
>>1268234

>SPAGHETTI EMPORIUM
Mods with coding or performance issues. Also includes mechanically sound mods let down by subpar integration or balance issues.
>Luddic Enhancement Mod
Includes Luddic Path IED ships that, questionable balance aside, have very poorly coded explosion effects that can slow down any PC to a crawl.
>LazyLib, Graphicslib, pretty much any library mod
Potential memory leak issues. Unfortunately required for multiple mods. If any mod requires Tartiflette's libraries, it'll jack up the resource requirements, so have a beefy PC ready to use them.
> Beyond the Sector and Capture Officers & Crew, possibly all other mods by Kentington too
GAME-BREAKING memory leak issues. Problems in both stem from the same cause – new entities keep being created and loaded into memory, but are never deleted, eventually bloating and bricking your save.
>Iron Shell
Questionable art, questionable writing, questionable decision to add a powerful sub-faction to an already obscenely powerful faction. Known for spawning a huge doomstack on top of you should you steal the Chicomoztoc nanoforge and not letting you out without a fight, as well as for the near-instantly respawning doomstacks in its home system.
>Volkov Industrial Conglomerate
Every mod community has to have furries in it. The portraits at least fall in line with Vanilla's artstyle.
>The Aurora Federation
Basically Volkov, but with anime waifus. Terrible portraits, still WIP so alot of items and features don't work, and ship balance is out of whack. Good if you binge Naruto inbetween watching visual novels, you degenerate.
>Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering
Bloated mod that includes lots of unsubtle woke/current thing moments. Also adds a sub-faction that's rather amateurish in both design and concept, the Blade Breakers

Full version: https://pastebin.com/km4Kkf1e
>>
>>1268053
Noice
>>
>>1268234
>>>>>recently
Yeah sure
>>
>>1268286
Oh hey, you’re the guy who got assblasted from the previous threads for someone posting the pastebin.
>>
Courier/fuel production company/faction with dual desert planets as the founding colonies
What should I name it, and what should I name the planets?

Do NOT make Dune references or else!
>>
>>1268292
I will never download a file sent by "benevolent 4channers" who just so happen to be complaining about malware.
Like really nigga.
>>
>>1268303
I WILL download the sneed mod and see for myself
>>
File: portrait_tyrone.png (30 KB, 128x128)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>1268303
>nigga
Nigger.
>>
>>1268310
Mid as hell, maybe less than mid, don't know, don't care enough to try it, sprites are ass
>>1268319
Nagger
>>
>>1268336
Don’t care, still downloading
>>
File: 1668148511135777.jpg (1.32 MB, 1067x1600)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>1265063
>Don’t like it enough
If you are playing it, either you like it enough or you are retard for wasting your time, stop making excuses.
>>
>>1266288
Install JRE 19
>>
>>1268235
>Iron Shell
Apparently a recent update removed the instant respawn of the home-based doomstack, and there may have been a reduction in the fleet that spawns after grabbing the Chico nanoforge as well, but I don't have the time to test that out.
>>
>>1267923
>build TECH MINING and click it, select Improvements, and spend 2 story points. Now it will permanently provide extremely profitable artifacts, blueprints, AI Cores, FOREVER.
Wait what, I thought that ran out eventually?
>>
>>1268053
>You can thank Noah for the code!
I though he removed the stealth nerfs from Tahlan...
>>
>>1268391
He's using better tech mining:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=23546.0
>>
>>1268303
In all fairness, there are some things you can download from here safely. I can't tell you how many Terraria mods I enjoyed from /tg/ on /vg/. I even had the privilege of helping beta test "Assorted Crazy things" which added alot of QOL features. Sadly it hasn't been kept up to date.
>>
>>1268234
>>1268235
Blessed, thanks.
>>
>most mods being unbalanced af like Iron Shell, UAF, Interstellar Imperium, etc.
>even the wh40k one
I’m somewhat surprised no one has thought of recreating the Xeelee Sequence to the letter. Now that I think about it. Epta technically has a ship that looks like the Nightwings, but more triangular and is called Artifact-333 or something.
>>
>>1268526
Yuri Expedition has a ship packing a Starbreaker.
>>
>>1268235
>Potential memory leak issues
How does such a thing happen? Programming error computes needlessly, no clean ups?
Not fixable without rewriting entire library, I presume?
>>
>>1268298
Peanut, Goober.
By the way, peanut in russian is Apaхиc (Arahees), which sounds not unlike Arrakis, but it's totally not a Dune reference, so it's okay.
Fuel must flow!
>>
>>1268526
>still no TARDIS
>>
>>1266474
I had to move the install location outside of Program Files (x86) if anyone besides me has the same problem
>>
>>1268550
Most common memory leaks are less exciting. Pointers aren't deleted on exiting the stack frame since it's unclear if they should, meaning that small things get orphaned out of scope and build up over time.
>>
>>1268550
>How does such a thing happen? Programming error computes needlessly, no clean ups?
Memory leaks are pretty hard to avoid, even in professional works. JRE7 features a garbage collector to help avoid this, but the core problem is modders use the garbage collector as a general collector instead of optimizing code and releasing memory in-code. JRE8's collector is better suited as a general collector but even that will struggle if current user-trends continue.

>Not fixable without rewriting entire library, I presume?
The library is relatively ok, most of the in-library leaks are fixed pretty quick, the problem is standard practices of modding make use of the library in such a way as to create additional leaks. The modders don't know how to fix them because nobody writes a "how to detect leaks in your mod and how to fix them" guide and most modders don't even realize they have leaks because they playtest specific features and not for extended periods of time.

It's also the reason why they recommend increasing ram, to hide the leaks because most players don't play long enough for it to become an issue when they increase their memory allocation.
>>
>>1268234
So pointlessly petty.
What's their problem?
>>
>>1268052
doesn't starsector start with 1.5gb allocated in vanilla? surely that's enough for the game to run without any issues if not modded, right? or is that just my wishful thinking?
>>
>>1268575
It increases as the time passes, so once you got more than one star system, game may just stop working.
>>
File: What the buck.png (365 KB, 899x631)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>1264480
>>1268053
Latest Buckbreaker, now with Noahs favorite hullmod (can be installed on other vessels):
https://files.catbox.moe/01htxz.zip
>>
>>1268689
oh cool, the propaganda poster guy has been added as a portrait

anyways can someone suggest some mods to test this new buck breaking ship on
>>
>>1268765
>suggest some mods to test this new buck breaking ship on
+100 damage vs tahlan shipworks
+500 damage vs tahlan demons
seems pretty obvious to me
>>
>>1268781
besides Tahlan Shitcode.
>>
>>1268784
>besides Tahlan Shitcode.
>>1268053
>Also deals double damage vs. Ironshell
ironshell...
>>
>>1268689
it would be nice if the Buckwood (and maybe an escort or two) was an available super ship start in Nexelerin
maybe it could be moved to its own faction's starting fleet options once the sneedault-chuckoyan faction becomes a thing
>>
File: GaySector.png (77 KB, 1214x722)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
The community puts up with these people.
>>
>>1268858
>science colony of your mom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0
>>
>>1264480
when will we get the sneedault-chuckoyan/buck breaker portrait mod
>>
>>1268858
is this from sylphon mod or tahlan? i cant find it anywhere
>>
>>1268583
sounds like slavjank tier
>>
>>1264450
The thing you call autism is patience that is developed with age.
>>
>>1268689
Thanks, downloaded. I could change stuff myself but I'd rather leverage maximum disrespect and be lazy.

Remember, cunty modders: Making something does not entitle you to anything. Get fucked faggots.
>>
>>1268929
Pretty sure that's Vayra's Sector
>>
File: 1615686121239.png (470 KB, 853x480)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>1268858
>morally incompatible
Your faction are a bunch of space mujahedeen who think everyone in the Hegemony deserves to face the wall, who have zero qualms about selling cheap heavy armament to me so that I can sell them to the Luddic Path. This being Starsector aside, you don't really get to talk about morality.
>>
Nia is just woman moment.
>>
>>1268858
I will message Soren the Buck Breakers alongside my Meinkampf PDF copy.
>>
>>1268987

Damn son im glad i didn't download that gay shit. Thatt's a spiteful thing to do, when all mods should never interfere with each other.

I mostly run on tahlan and ship pack, even with warnings about nia's emotional outbursts and the legio infernalis hack
>>
>>1268689
>Daemons
Is there a mods that add those?
>>
File: highfleet.jpg (371 KB, 1920x1080)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
Which game has better/more fun late game, Starsector or Highfleet?
>>
>>1269152
>>Daemons
Daemons are the legio infernals that come with Tahlan shipworks.
If you're not familiar the Daemons are overpowered superships with cheat-hullmods that only grant bonuses when part of the enemy fleet (because he thinks the player having access to them is unfair) such as dealing +50% damage against capital ships.
>>
>>1264450
Unfortunately the simple truth is that you will never be happy. No space game will ever be enough. We're all just chasing a fantasy.
>>
>>1269155
Highfleet has much more fun ramming, chucking an Onslaught at thing is fun, playing KoT with full ram build is better, designing a monstrous mound of metal designed to slap anything and everything you throw at it into the ground is above either.
>>
>>1269170
God! Can that faggot get any more retarded
>>
>>1268858
where can I get a NS mod?
>>
File: 1667057381800.gif (1.99 MB, 400x300)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>1269173
I just wanted to live in the 4000s, bros...
>h-h-humanity will be d-
Cope.
>>1268858
Holy mother of cancer. This is legit schizo shit
>>
File: ventures.png (1.74 MB, 1920x1080)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
Friends, why does my governorship colony only sells venture cruisers???
>>
>>1268689
>mock modder adding shit code to nerf other ships
>do it too to ride on the buzz
Is that at least some clever satire? Like the ship don't actually do the extra damage? At least it's open about it.
You can hardly complain about modder not getting along if you give them a legit reason to nerf your own bullshit code.
>>
>>1269278
I remember playing starsector and there was ICS faction with high-speed high-mobility ships which were a hell to fight. It had kike ship and weapon names to top it off. I nerfed their faction ship systems in a csv file and then genocided these space jews in the name of Tri-Tech.
>>
>>1269280
top kek mein bruder xD
>>
>>1269155
>more fun late game
Starsector definitely.

Highfleet, as pretty as it is, took a nosedive in design, the developers isn't balancing the game right and seem to believe it require to force the player to build only one way.
There's also the lack of real fleet battle, it's an arcade shooter where you are always outnumbered and need to either make dodge-build or a DPS-build.
>>
>>1269255
I know, bro. You want your own little 1-bed, 1-bath starter ship with a fair-sized cargo hold so you can run packages out to the colony on Ganymede. Later you'll get a bigger one with room for 10 of your best friends to be your crew.
>>
>>1269264
you will use the ventures
>>
File: file.png (275 KB, 816x588)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>1269286
No, while I respect it for good efficiency, I had ran an Apogee fleet and then switched to radiant AI+reward+cruiser kill fleet
>>
>>1269173
>>1269255
>choosing defeatism
>not becoming a scientist
And to think people used to dream of becoming astronauts one day.
How's that you're so hopeless?
>>
>>1268526
>recreating the Xeelee Sequence to the letter
And have every faction in the sector get Xeeleestomped in a matter of minutes? There's being OP and then there's being the Xeelee.
>>
>>1269296
Turn yourself into a pickle.
>>
>>1269301
I don't understand.
>>
>>1269299
Yes, just a way to end all modded arms race. The definition of anti-fun
>>
>>1269280
>guys i intentionally downloaded the jew mod and then modified the files so i can rekt them xd
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1269356
I installed a bunch of mods and one of them turned out to be annoying and with jew names. I'm not going to chase capital ships with infinite rapid boost around the map, get fucked author
>>
File: 1669043549499154.png (403 KB, 512x512)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>1268858
This is why I wipe out every other faction in the sector. Glory to the Star Federation.
>>
>>1269370
Uninstall the mod ????
>>
>>1269370
why did you install a mod before even checking its ships on the download page
>>
>>1269400
I will delete it when i start new game, yes. I'm afraid it might wreck my save file if deleted now.
>>1269414
I did check the ships, they looked okay. However, I simply cannot evaluate if something is imbalanced, overpowered, imba or cancer from the forum mod page. I can fight blade breakers, hivers, redacted, apex collective, ludd, tri-tach, IBB bounty fleets, I can understand imba damage, hp, shields, weapons, high alpha... The cancer of ICS faction mod is not in the ships, but in the ships active mobility abilities they could spam. You can't really discover it until you fight one of their fleets and by that time I was already in the mid-late game. I simply upped cooldown of their systems 2x or so, to prevent obnoxious behaviour. They still had very high mobility, but I had enough alpha strike damage to damage their ships in 7-10 seconds window.
>>
>>1269434
If you're struggling against ICS here's a tip:

Download the buckbreaker: >>1268689
Open data/hullmods/buckbreaker_daemonslayer.java
Change contains("atlas") to contains("sun_ice_")
>Ctrl+F is your friend
Activate the mod

In game, add the Daemon Slayer hullmod to your ships.
Congratulations, your ships now do 5x damage to ICS ships!

You're welcome
>>
>>1269434
>The cancer of ICS faction mod is not in the ships
>letting yourself get bullied by phase memestry
They're just slippery not actually threatening (unless they got buffed), now a properly built fleet of those, that would be nightmarish especially the insanely busted repair + ppt / cr regen.
>>
As a brainlet who doesnt care for modder drama, is there a list of essential mods or is it a matter of trail and error.
>>
>>1269549
It is more a matter of your taste in mods and the amount of RAM in PC.
I like the most mods that add stuff to find in the wild (like HMI, Seeker, secrets of the frontiers), and some ship packs are good (Low tech armada, ship and weapon pack, arsenal expansion)
Nexerelin is also pretty good, if you want to dabble in interfaction relations and warfare.
>>
File: Untitled.png (37 KB, 1104x334)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>1269549
If you're looking for recommendations, I have a few. You should be able to run all of these at once if you have a decent PC. I have a potato and I can still run it.
>>
>>1269456
what can i say except you're welcome~~~

you're a big ship......

ICE is already killed and my hatred cemented by the discord jews. I will install your mod in the next playthrough when I get daemons and tahlan, or just use it against blade breakers :)
>>
>>1269549
Mostly the latter.

My personal list of essentials is
>Combat Chatter
>Commissioned Crews
>Hyperdrive
>Industrial Evolution (latest version apparently added some stations that are pure cancer so disable those)
>Starship Legends

Factions and ship packs are a matter of taste. I recommend Diable Avionics, Legacy of Arkgneisis and Star Federation, the rest being finding out who you like and who you don't. Dassault-Mikoyan is one I recommend avoiding regardless of drama or woke shit, the mod itself is genuinely garbage regardless of those.
>>
File: 1669329890232337.jpg (303 KB, 919x656)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
Is there a mod/anyway to quickly swap out a specific fleet from my colony? Like the loadout save function except for an entire fleet? I'm a LARPfag and now that I have a decent collection of ships I like to switch up based on the current mission, like bringing a full phase fleet to assassinate some fag in the core worlds or pullling out an ooga booga low tech flotilla to meet the cycle-ly hegemony penis inspection head on. It's pretty tedious to juggle ships around because for some reason you can't arrange them the way you like in your colony storage.
>>
Hegemony stole my alpha core, I destroyed their fleet but there was no my alpha core in the wreckage, WTFFFF
>>
>>1269708
Have you checked every single crew member's ass? They usually shove it down there to hide it.
>>
File: file.png (1.03 MB, 1107x817)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>1269710
I checked their nearby planet it wasn't there.
>>
>>1269011
Yeah but they aren't racist so it's ok. Racism is a religious sin to these people.
>>
How's Realistic Combat?
I haven't played the game in a year and this is a new big mod
>>
>>1269708
They destroy it once they capture it, nitwit
>>
>>1268689
>SS community
>hardcodes everything in his mod to deal a massive damage multiplier against mods he doesn’t like
>vs
>meanwhile some anons only did it as a hullmod or built into the ship, giving you a choice to curbstomp them or play on more equal grounds
The choice is clear
>>
>>1269724
Turns the game into not starsector long range beam and missile spam, supposedly, partially realistic, yet not still.
>>
>>1269765
>some anons
More like pretentious asshats.
All of them are discordfags
>>
>>1270067
you seem obsessed
>>
>>1270069
Nobody likes you
>>
File: 1649748181799.jpg (31 KB, 640x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>Found a derelict Paragon with only one useless D mod
>>
>>1270180
Unbelieveably boring ship honestly
>>
>>1270220
Sorry can't hear you over the sound of my impenetrable laser fortress
>>
>>1270172
Rent-free faggot, downloaded the mod and going for a test drive
>>
>>1269282
>>lack of real fleet battle
Got to kind of side with the dev here though. Making a companion ai that won't shoot you in the back or generally infuriate. Is extremely hard.
If he made legit fleet battles I bet that would have been another year worth of work, work he probably couldn't afford, or was deemed not worth it.
>>
>>1270228
*sharts all over your fortress shield*
what now shiny boy?
>>
>>1270308
I disagree AIs are that hard anymore. He had all he needed with enemy AI ship.
From my point of view he just chose the easiest path (same for balance) and it ruined the game mechanics he already had and with it the potential.

There was plenty of solutions other than go the arcade shooter route
>friendly-fire?
dumb check if allies are in the cone of fire, nearly all weapons are straight lines, if it continue for x second, switch target
>formation?
enemy AI ship can already home to a position, so use that to match a formation set before battle
>making AI ship survive?
they'll only take 1/3 of the fire you get, have some shells completely miss small ships
auto-retreat triggered by losing weapons/engines, manual retreat order
ignore fuel for AI (or remove it, it is only necessary because arcade let you solo entire fleet with dodge-build)
>>
File: file.png (755 KB, 1039x750)
755 KB
755 KB PNG
>>1270180
>>1270228
Don't forgot to S-mod Shield shunt to reveal the ship true potential.
>>
>>1270351
>1725
Getting there
Nice hardpoints btw
>>
>>1268235
>Iron Shell
ever since removing it from my modlist I no longer have memory leaks so add that to the list of grievances.
>>
>>1269549
starship legends, stellar networks, automated commands, combat chatter, fuel siphoning, supply forging, neutrino detector mk 2, and speed up. these are the must haves.
>>
>>1268234
Hey, who removed Soren from the pastebin? His content police bullshit probably caused more damage to SS modding than these three combined.
>>
>>1270470
Grumble grumble grumble
>>
>>1268396
So did that get fixed so that it actually bottoms out at 25% rather than just resetting to 100% every time it went below 25%?
>>
>>1270470
I'm curious.
What he do?
>>
File: 1668899916488.gif (1.55 MB, 393x561)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB GIF
>I've been playing Starsector for a decade
>just like the game, I'm still the same with some mod (mental illness)
>>
>>1270575
many things, the one to remember is he was such a faggot that he even got kicked out of the discord. he's in an eternal state of assblasted.
>>
>>1270351
Repair it for fuck's sake. A Paragon class ship has to be pristine.
>>
>>1270591
I agree, that porcelain should be so sanitary that the Virgin Mary herself would be proud to take a dump on it.
>>
How did you even came up with such imagery?
>>
File: 1666341221857.jpg (396 KB, 2227x3527)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
"Tri-Tachyon pries open holy creation daily, and at each desecration our wholesale damnation looms. They look down at our AI women, built with neon-blue linings and plasteel plating, and desecrate them into Godless machines. Humanity will reach the light only when they cast aside their atrocities, their weapons, and embrace their synthetic wives."
–Livewell Cotton, Luddic Path terrorist, sermon of c205.2.12
>>
>>1270424
>fuel siphoning, supply forging

just use forge production
>>
>>1270470
He's still in the pastebin, anon just didn't include him in his "best of" list for one reason or another.
>>
>>1270585
> the one to remember is he was such a faggot.

You literally said nothing. What did he do?
>>
>>1270767
Nvm I found out.
Soren = HarmfulMechanic
>>
>>1269696
Pls respon
>>
>>1270424
>fuel siphoning
Holy shit thanks for recommending this
>>
MY OC FACTION MUST BE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE OC
>>
>>1269739
as if
>>
>>1270953
modded SS arms race in a nutshell
>>
You guys probably know:

Saving is fairly quick, but sometimes it becomes extremely, extremely slow out of nowhere while I'm playing and the slowness doesn't go away until I restart the game. Anyone knows what mod could be causing this?
>>
>>1270972
It's the shitty fossilized version of Java the game runs on. Google how to replace it with Java 8, that'll fix it.
>>
>>1270994
Thank you
Are those VMParam improvement and Mod Manager mods trust worthy?
>>
File: 1607829058153.jpg (176 KB, 785x567)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>got that mod which adds IED ships
>get a commission with the Reparations Society to see what working for them is like
>because of constant conflict with the Luddic Path their stations frequently sell IED ships
>am now employing suicide bombers for more effective raiding on convoys, including Luddic Church ones
>>
>>1270995
Sorry now that I've looked they're not mods. The vmparameter one are vmparameters files premade
>>
>>1270972
>Saving is fairly quick, but sometimes it becomes extremely, extremely slow out of nowhere while I'm playing and the slowness doesn't go away until I restart the game.
Suddenly slowness that doesn't go away until you restart is typically down to memory leaks.

Take a look at your mod list, big mods that make heavy use of lazylib are typically the worst offenders for memory leaks. Ironshell, UAF and Nexerlin are the three most popular culprits, try disabling UAF and Ironshell, there's a special mention for Kyeltziv Technocracy/Dronelib which, while not as popular, leaks like a sieve.

A temporary fix for your problem is to increase the amount of ram (VMParam), it won't make the problem disappear, it just means you can play for longer before the slowdown begins. Upgrading to Java 8 is more cumbersome solution but works better in the long term.

>>1270994
>It's the shitty fossilized version of Java the game runs on.
The Java runs fine, as evidence by the base game being stable. The problem is shitty coding on the part of modders and their inability/unwillingness to fix their leaks. Remember when Alex included a leak detector and the discord community threw a fit because it kept saying their mods had leaks, their solution, get Alex to disable the leak detector rather than fix their shit.
>>
>>1271014
>Remember when Alex included a leak detector and the discord community threw a fit because it kept saying their mods had leaks, their solution, get Alex to disable the leak detector rather than fix their shit.

How can I enable leak detector? How do I fix the mod from leaking?
>>
Anyone got the webm of that one onslaught from Kingdom of Terra?
>>
This has to be the worst modding community I've ever seen in a game
>>
>>1271056
>>1271056
>get Alex to disable the leak detector rather than fix their shit.

Good thing Alex ignored them. Had it pop up yesterday when I was messing with some mod combos yesterday.
>>
>>1271126
And people told me Terraria’s modding community is bad. Until I heard about SS
>>
>>1271141
It's so funny because it kinda fits Starsector's theme too. They're all opportunistic mentally ill bitches, just like everyone in the Sector.
>>
>>1271126
>>1271141
>>1271144

I don't think it's the worst modding community.

Just a big one. There are always bad apples in a community.
The bad ones are usually the loudest and often get the most attention. The good ones are just the ones that keep doing their own thing.
>>
>>1271153
Most of them are mentally ill.
Like Timid too. He made Industrial Revolution, which is an amazing mod, then you go to check the settings to edit shit and you get passive aggressive'd randomly kek.
>>
>>1271153
>I don't think it's the worst modding community.
>Just a big one. There are always bad apples in a community.
>The bad ones are usually the loudest and often get the most attention.
Unfortunately Starsectors problem is the worst modders are also the big-name modders who control the discord and gate-keep the community. And when the narrative doesn't go their way, they complain to Alex that they're being attacked.

Alex needs to grow a spine and say no to them.
>>
what smods are good for Odyssey (IV btg: +shield efficiency)?
>>
>>1271155
>oh no he insulted me in the settings oh nooo
Jesus are you such a fucking baby
>>
>>1271126
What level of autism is needed to give a fuck about the modding community of a game you enjoy
>>
>>1271167
It's just random hateful pettiness. It's unprofessional and something a normal person wouldn't do.
>>
>>1271168
retard
the base game is dogshit and this game is hard carried by the modding community
if you have to triple check every mod and in the fucking source code too to be sure it isn't malware there's something wrong with it
>>
>>1271171
last time I checked professionalism was something that professionals need, not some random autistic guy making a mod for an 10+ year old indie game

if you are insulted to the point of malding by random text on the internet, why the fuck are you on 4chan
>>
>>1271219
Buddy, it's mentally ill behavior, that was I was trying to say in my post. You're not denying that and you can't.
>>
>>1271158
Saying no alone isn't sufficient, they may start fucking things up, it'll take something more than that to make them stop acting like petty dumb children.
>>
>>1271244
Actually no, not even children act like they do.
>>
>>1271126
It's not all bad. Star Federation is one of the best mods ever for example.
>>
>>1271171
>unprofessional
>free mod
You're a fucking pussy, face it
>>
>>1271184
True basegame is dogshit
But none of the mods make it any betted, bar nex.
It's just ship packs you fucking nitwit.
>>
>>1271367
Mods that aren’t ship packs are definitely a good addition to vanilla though.
>>
>>1271365
NTA but that still doesn’t change that modders in SS are a piece of ass on high horses
>>
>>1271155
Lol Timid didn't made IR, it's SirHartley who did.

That said, yes, I do agree that those crappy comment lines in settings file are laughable bullcrap. I reckon SirHartley kinda swole with conceit after modding for so long... he wasn't such a pretentious bitch some years ago.
>>
>>1271395
Not all of them. Histidine (nex dev) never showed himself to be an arrogant cunt, most likely because he's Asian and not a reddit-tier raging leftoid like dragn and his ilk.

The guy just codes, makes content, helps other modders and never has to make any drama out of it.
>>
>>1271365
NTA but why would you do it? Do you just walk up to random people and insult them and when they react you go "LAMOPUSSYFAGCANTHANDLETHEBANTZ"?
>>
File: 4.png (1.62 MB, 2560x1440)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>Vanilla game us shit
>all mods and those that make them are shit.

I don't understand why some of yall are even here.
>>
>>1271429
Game's fun.
>>
>>1271165
Sorry sir we talk about mentally ill modders here.
>>
>>1271456
A bunch of you guys are mentally ill too.
>>
>>1271165
EMR, ITU, HA. really you can just sort the mods by op cost and pick the first three you care about.

hardened shields are pretty shit post-nerf, you'll often get better survivability out of HA even on high-tech ships
>>
>>1271126
>>1271141
>>1271144
>>1271153
>>1271155
>>1271158
Starsector: my modding community is the worst
Terraria: no, my modding community is the worst

Skyrim: I'm about to do what's called a pro-gamer move *swats random modders who distribute certain mods for free*
SS+Terraria: wait, but that's illegal
>>
File: 1665050961855.png (314 KB, 673x484)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>1271469
You could show me modder drama from Skyrim/Terraria and it wouldn't matter because the mod community there is monstrously huge and Terraria is great as vanilla too. The problem with SS is that the modder community is both small and essential to get the most benefit and enjoyment from this game, so if someone starts shit it's going to affect everyone else, including unaware players.
The swatting sounds fucking hilarious tho, kek
>>
>>1271469
Most of the big mod communities are cancerous in their own ways.
STALKER has the miseryfags and some asset resuse drama
>>
So in thedragn's mods, what does the crash code look like perse and can it be removed by just cutting a few lines out in order to have those mods run with NGO?
>>
>>1271565
jesus christ, get some self-respect
>>
>>1271565
You need to go into the data file in the mod folder, then look for the campaign folder, then go into the rules.csv file. What you wanna look for is something that looks like this:

>if EVILFASCISTNAZIMOD=true, execute = Kablooie
>>
>>1271738
That only works in a limited capacity and will prevent the game crashing. There's a bunch of additional code (including some obscured code) that is designed to mess with the faction in game.
>>
>>1271738
This fag's bulshitting.

>>1271554
No, you can't really do that with notepad. He has an encrypted (pointlessly at that) detector of modplugin classes in his own modplugin. This is in a compiled jar, so you need to take the source code, do necessary edits and recompile.

But why would you do that? His mods are crap, just move on and don't use them.
>>
>>1271565
But why would you play with the furfag's mods in the first place?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>about to start a playthrough with Iron Shell, UAF, Scalartech and Tranny Shipworks
Wish me luck lads, i sure as fuck am gonna need it
>>
>>1271892
Don't forget your Buckbreaker!
>>
Does anyone have a link for the KoC version that includes the Eridani-Utopia minifaction?
>>
>>1271907
I'm prepping the latest version as we speak, link will be up soon(ish).
>>
File: Eridani.png (324 KB, 995x564)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>1271907
NEW KOC IS UP - WARNING! IT'S A SAVE BREAKER!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/142W4qMuLEU-Ayf6XKO7DDMB_zoBX8UUr/view
>>
>>1268570
basement dwellers are incels and attentionwhores, what else is new
>>
>>1268235
VIC ships looks amazing though, damned furries
>>
>>1272070
And are amazing to pilot as well. A bit overpowered but I like it.
>>
>>1271892
Unless I am too late, add Hazard Mining Inc

Their ships are noodles of fun and unique (while being somewhat vanilla compliant). and makes pathing to the UAF a bit easier starting out.
>>
I like the Neutrino start ngl. Start out as a 5-plane formation when you have a choice between a squadron of Falkens and Neutrino’s dreadnought, Unsung.
>>
>>1271976
Nice ships KOCbro
>>
>>1272201
should have said “nice koc”
>>
>>1271976
A terraforming corp being friendly with luddites makes no sense. Mairaath got targeted by pathers because of Eridani-Utopia terraforming tech there.
>>
>>1272241
While I agree with you, it says that they're just mercenaries at this point, at which point they aren't really restricted in that way. I'd rather say it's strange for the pathers themselves to be allied to someone other than just the church, as they're too disorganized and have no diplomacy.
>>
>>1271429
Game is fun, modder drama is blown out of proportion
>>
>>1272241
Former terraforming corp. I think the idea is that they've retained the name but basically lost everything they really used to be.
>>
>>1272307
>I think the idea is that they've retained the name but basically lost everything they really used to be.
Yeah, that's a shit idea. Why even use the vanilla name if you are going full OC donut steel faction anyway.
>>
File: 1644733685941.gif (184 KB, 460x306)
184 KB
184 KB GIF
>want to install Terraform mod
>have to choose between abandonedware and actual malware
>>
>>1272327
Oh the drama queen!
Likely thousands of game gather your IP as part of any multiplayer or update check. 4chan is tracking you right now.
Did you even check if your country have any law against it? Cause until GDPR there was no real push for customer privacy.

I do wonder what you get from pretending to be outraged, have a pity (you) at least.
>>
>>1272333
Boggled...
>>
>>1272317
That's vanilla lore though. The Eridani corp was torn apart by a coalition of mercenaries and pirates. Qaras, their only planet, is a frozen shithole controlled by pirates.
>>
>Nia's self insert high value bounty
I know what to do now.
>>
>>1272327
DIY is a lot better, though neither is perfect.
There should be more thought put into the process, so that you can't turn every planet into a Utopia, while still providing a massive benefit to the more rare planets. That's mostly because of the gay core setup though. It's silly that a 300% toxic wasteland in the core is better than a divine paradise in the fringe.
There should be a limit on population size, with terran planets reaching size 8, jungle, water, and arid, reaching size 7, desert reaching size 6, barren, rocky, ice, go to size 5, and the rest maxing out already at 4. Resources should count systemwide for size, so that 5 mining operations in a single system would count as the total size for export. That way the economy would still work with high yield planets restricted to size 4-6, and large systems with inhospitable planets would be valuable.
That way even limited terraforming options would be valuable too. Being able to shift the planet some way (at the cost of a slot or not) would change a lot.
>>
>>1272343
Was there any fix to the AI core bugged drop rate?
>>
>>1272342
uninstall his gay fucking mods?
>>
>>1272333
Datamining isn't what he is worried about apologist.
>>
>>1272327
Can't you just block the Starsector's folder from accessing the Internet if you're scared of IP harvesting? With simple Windows Firewall. Not sure how if it works since it's Java, tho.
>>
>>1272360
Of course not, he is worried everyone see through his trolling.
He is likely just a copycat troll thought, not the schyzo ranting about tranny cabals.
>>
>>1272333
Imagine unironically writing this fruity drivel.
>>
>>1272373
>Schyzo
What's your game here, ESL?
>>
>>1272382
Just a typo Mr. english single language
>>
>>1272333
Discordnigger hands typed this post
>>
>>1272398
Damn fucking right you better speak proper english.
>>
File: ym4lpa.png (1.15 MB, 1920x1080)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
Are you for fucking real right now
>>
File: 4wl0by.png (1.75 MB, 1920x1080)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>1272414
Well, some pirates will have PD issues no longer it seems.
>>
>>1272411
There's only one English and it begins with a capital E ya cunt.
>>
Hello, is there any capital grade ship meant for raiding? ground support stuff, lots of crew, preferably high tech. Because high piracy is high tech and I want to steal everything from Hegemony.
ALso, if I revoke my comission with Tri-Tech, will they revoke my governorships?
>>
>>1264506
You either set your own goal and quit once that is achieved, or you go full genocide route and leave one token independent planet for the trade system not to break.
The moment I quit is usually when Hegemony starts to bully my colonies for no reason.
The game turns into load of tardwrangling after that.
>>
>>1272415
AK47S FOR EVERYONE
>>
>>1264506
Here's a handy quest list for you:
>[ ] Stratbomb, decivilize and recolonize 1 world at least 7 size.
>[ ] Wipe out 1 faction (not Luddist Path or pirates) you hate the most
>[ ] Find and secure both Cryosleepers
>[ ] Activate all Gates in the system
>[ ] Rebuild a Hypershunt
>[ ] Find an Omega Core
start looking for mods to install.
>>
>>1272506
How can anyone hate the Pathers or pirates over the Persean League?
>>
>>1272481
>high tech raiding ship
there's the phase destroyer with advanced ground support package in vanilla, but outside of that i don't think i've heard of any high tech capital with that kind of stuff, modded or otherwise
>ALso, if I revoke my comission with Tri-Tech, will they revoke my governorships?
i don't think so? governorships is based on reputation, i don't recall it being predicated on being commissioned, although i'd imagine there would be a warning if there was and you can always load a save if it fucks something up
also nice princess :^)
>>
does anyone has superweapons 2.5??? https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22115.0
jannies bullied the author :(
>>
>>1272490
>>1272506
>>1264506
I go for total domination of the sector. I usually ally myself with the Star Federation, and we bring in peace and harmony by violently wiping out every faction that so much as sneezes in our general direction.
>>
>>1272525
I think I have it, but I'll be on at my PC only in some 8 hours.
>>
>>1272525
Wasn’t there a MEGA that has it?
>>
>>1272982
There was some folder that had a bunch of mods that aren't on the forum. Don't know if it's still around though, last I saw it was years ago.
>>
>>1272987
Is it this one?
https://mega.nz/folder/zgIgHJbB
Key: 71j09kJBxRKSXfRZEy_IAg
>>
>>1273010
Looks like it, but it's been long enough that I have no idea if it's actually the same one. That being said, I vaguely remember one that had an updated version of Project ATX, though that one's probably long gone.
>>
>>1272525
Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b
https://files.catbox.moe/qx8h2t.rar
>>
>>1272508
League doesn't try to fuck up my colonies all the goddamn time
>>
>>1272525
>thinking that is a copyright violation of sprite use
Jesus Christ, speaking as someone who used to go to forums where posting what that guy is accused of would get your ass roasted by jaded forum veterans those retards make my head hurt. That isn't even a fucking recolor.
>>
>>1272481
Stop Gap Measures has the Charon class capital carrier, with advanced ground support and a much higher crew capacity. VIC, if you can get past the anime pfp, has a slight buff to marine effectiveness on all of their ships, which means your combat ships will help boost your raiding capacity.
>>1272414
What's the mod? don't recognise that kind of nonsense.
>>1273220
Modders egos are generally held up by a rather inaccurate understanding of copyright law.
>>
>>1273250
Industrial Evolution. Mod allows you to dump remnant scrap on the Galatia Academy for some rewards. One of those rewards give you 9999 vulcan cannons
>>
>>1273187
They do in vanilla if you have an economy that sells basically anything.
>>
>>1268858
What a fucking faggot..
>>
>>1264450
>pirate
just google a key from somewhere, you dun need a crack
>>
>>1264480
you guys are still at it? damn its been months has it not?
>>
>>1273348
autism finds a way
>>
>>1273348
Sneed, mald, and cope.
>>
>>1271168
>bro just stop caring bro
>bro its nothing that a handful of faggots are ruining the modding scene and pushing modders they dont like away and intentionally include malware in their mods bro
Christ you are such a faggot.
>>
>>1272415
Neva enuff dakka!
>>
>>1273341
As any other faction except independent (I think, never had a war fleet from them)
>>
Why is the Hyperspace so fucking dogshit and why isn't it moddable.
>>
>>1273506
Hegemony and Luddic Church don't attack over market share. They only attack over you running a free port, and Hegemony also if you use a lot of AI. But if you're not running a free port and not using AI then the Luddic Church and the Hegemony will never attack your colonies.
>>
>>1273348
>you guys are still at it? damn its been months has it not?
The Buckbreaker is less than a month old, came out the middle of this month.

Sneed and reeeee
>>
>>1273362
>Malding over modding drama in an indie game
Having sex with a woman would cure you of this malady
>>
>>1273779
But then he'd have to deal with women
Fuck that
>>
>>1273608
>uh no actually this one specific ship is less than a month old
Shut the fuck up you fucking pretentious faggot
>>
Cry harder, Soren.
>>
File: screenshot010.png (3.69 MB, 1920x1080)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB PNG
>>1272481
>>1272481
Star Federation has the Perseverance. Basically a souped up support ship; almost Atlas level cargo, Starliner tier crew capacity, +500 marine raid strength, it brings 2 larges ballistic mounts, +5% ECM/NAV, and a unique area shield to fights. The only downside is it costs as much to maintain and deploy as a Paragon but it brings so much to the table I love it.
>>
>>1272481
SRA has the Eir, which is literally just a space cruise liner with 6k crew capacity.
>>
>>1267027
just did a playthrough with UAF, sonsidering uninstalling it for mostly the same reasons. Only thing is that I have a soft spot for carriers and fighters
also
>(you're not allowed to steal from the hegemony or else they spawn an insta-kill fleet ontop of you)
nigga what
>>
>sorenigger
>>
>>1267027
>>1273900
>Iron Shell
NOT SO FAST
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dk_tROa0htM
>>
>>1273919
Damn, you're gonna turn that nigga into Crimson 1.
>>
>>1267027
Yeah but on the other hand
>free mod
>it's not an outlier when it comes to modding
>you're getting pissed off over content you don't even like at all
Have you seen other modding scenes, that shit is standard issue. Starsector is not special and the more you make an elephant out of those flies the less people will actively try and partake in the community. Only one side has to stop being toxic for the whole community to be better.
>>
File: fuck you.png (18 KB, 369x110)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>1273900
Pretty sure you can't even use a story point to escape that one, and the info pop-up box will even make fun of you for it. All because le ebin smug and clever modder with anime not!self-insert
>>
>>1274144
Thankfully you can outrun the thing or use a power fleet, well, in the case of >>1273919, a god ship
>>
>>1274144
Do they really think this game is hard in any way? Even the IndEvo dev has something like this if you disable his retarded horrible balanced and world gen fucking artillery stations.
I doubt they're so deluded into thinking that, so what's the problem here?
>>
File: 1664203256591.png (108 KB, 342x342)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>1274213
Wait, I didn't know about the artillery stations myself. What happens if you disable them?
>>
>>1274218
Nothing but the setting file has him insulting you and telling you you will never achieve anything in life. Word for word btw
>>
File: ihateyoursoul.png (459 KB, 480x459)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
>>1274144
>>1274222
why are so many modders such ego-inflated pretentious pricks?
is it the autism? is it the only place in their life they have power?
>>
File: 1659561131898.png (126 KB, 600x450)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>1274222
>#disabling this means you have weak bones. Lucky for you, this does not matter, considering you will never amount to much in your life anyway.
Its real, what the fuck? Modder's megalomania is a serious issue with these people. How could anyone delude themselves into thinking like this is beyond me. Nothing but an unwarranted sense of superiority.
>>1274225 Its ultimately an illusion of control stemming from the fact they've never created or done anything in the life that they've had agency over in-person, so they're projecting their insecurities over random strangers online who couldn't care less about their issues and just want to play a video game.
>>
>>1274213
it should be harder than it is regardless of modder insanity
>>
>>1274236
How do you make Starsector harder without spawning death fleets or modding in overpowered ships?
>>
File: c35.png (498 KB, 600x800)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
I install Iron Shell and Tahlan but only so I can SatBom them all to death and buck break their unique anime girl officers. I then masturbate to the thought of my mindbroken harem.
>>
>>1274225
Desire to create paired with inability to do more than tinker with real developers' work, leads to a life of eternal butthurt.
>>
>>1274244
Why the fuck would they even make mods where their officers are invincible and more

Like, if I made a mod with anime waifus I'd WANT the player to gangrape them and enjoy them. Same goes for factions. If I made a boss faction and you cheese it congrats, I'll just fix it if I can or leave it like that.

It's a fucking sandbox game.
>>
>>1274134
Just because something is free doesn't mean it is exempt from criticism
>>
>>1274250
It's exempt from your judgemental ass.
>>
>>1274321
>>1274229
Look nigga you get pissed off so much at shit like this like it's something that's never happened before. This is not unique. Get used to it.
Fucking newfag
>>
>>1274321
If you want a hug-box go back to your discord.
>>
File: 1655959984230.png (433 KB, 565x564)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
>>1274324
Go ahead and be a compliant little nigger all you want, if discussion bothers you that much go back to sucking dick on the forums retard.
>>
File: bladerunnerryan.jpg (26 KB, 760x380)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1274345
mf this isn't discussion baka nothing is discussed.
>>
>>1274346
>this isn't discussion
And on what basis you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>1274349
>And on what basis you come to that conclusion?
On the basis that we don't agree with him.
>>
>>1274350
Eh, well agreement and Starsector threads on /vst/ never belonged in the same statement, but its an exchange nonetheless. Plus, I genuinely didn't know about the message in IndEvo so I can't say it was entirely worthless. Just another one of these threads going as usual.
>>
>>1274353
>Eh, well agreement and Starsector threads on /vst/ never belonged in the same statement,
That's both dismissive and wrong. There are plenty of things /vst/ can agree on, case in point being the how the shitty actions of certain modders is deemed unacceptable.
>>
If comment texts are that bad, wait till you see what else they have in store!
>>
>>1274362
which mod and is this still in the current version? i keep referencing this but i never know the who and the what
>>
>>1274362
That code has been moved to the Buckbreaker and now affects Tahlan, Legio and Ironshell >>1268689
>>
>>1274362
>pl*yers
kek the fuck. Do they post here?
>>
>>1274367
It was originally in Tahlan Shipworks/Legio. That specific code has been removed after it was outed on the forums (Noah got Alex to purge most of the comments forums). There is still similar code in Tahlan shipworks but it's more general, the Legio ships get a 50/30% damage boost vs. Capitals and cruisers because Noah wants to enforce "proper fleet compositions" when fighting his ships.
>>
File: 1648266172322.gif (3.04 MB, 600x457)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB GIF
>>1274359
Admittedly true in the great scheme of things, mea culpa. Just not sure why I was mentioned initially alongside the outliner anon: >>1274321 when I was being critical of modders while that one seems apologetic.
>>
>>1274372
i feel like that's even worse because it's a hidden blanket nerf to all ships implanted purely because of some personal opinion of how to play the game, and not a hidden blanket nerf to specific factions he doesn't like
>>
File: balance.png (57 KB, 988x428)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>1274375
>i feel like that's even worse because it's a hidden blanket nerf to all ships
Arguably it's not as bad because it's no longer biased against specific modders/factions. I think people are just used to Noah's bullshit. For example, his Legio ships also have built-in hullmods which make them dealier, the kicker, if the ships are in the players fleet those hullmods are automatically removed because that wouldn't be 'balanced'.
>>
>>1274383
Heh. I don't mind this one honestly, even though, as in every game, making enemies take and deal less damage is the most retarded way to increase the difficulty.
Also this is a sandbox game, again, if I wanted to play something extraordinarily difficult I'd just boot up fucking CAVE shmups
>>
>>1274359
>>1274353
Yes and all you do is agree. You only want to agree
>>
>>1274386
That daemon boost hullmod is the one that boosts damage vs. capitals/cruisers. You'll also notice
>ship.getMutableStats().getTimeMult().modifyMult(id, PLAYER_NERF)
So not only are AI ships boosted, players ships are actively nerfed to do everything slower, which means even vanilla weapons on their ships are nerfed.
>>
>>1274392
Too difficult to properly balance ships
>>
>>1274372
>proper fleet compositions
>expecting that shit from Noah himself
I’d just install other less fucked up ship packs than whatever he cooks
>>
>>1274372
>Noah wants to enforce "proper fleet compositions" when fighting his ships.
That's quite funny coming from the guy making the most cancerous capital spam HVBs there are, and you can't say it's random because those actually have partially set composition.
>>
>>1271168
>literally submitting false dmca reports to take down any place the hosts mods they don't like
They forced me to care due to their own autism
>>
Is Nia really a girl?
>>
>>1274459
Trannies are NOT real women
>>
>>1274459
>girl
>>
>>1274225
>>1274229
Welcome to modders trying to make something they think is hardcore, this time featuring the added benefit of players being able to disable their retarded shit and hurt their ego. Not all modders are bad but a lot of them could really use a tardwrangler.
>>
>>1267611
Chuckled
>>
>>1274229
legit trying to find this file.

Where is it? looking at all the files in iron shell, and see no such thing.
>>
>>1274500
Industrial Evolution
>>
>>1266271
Is funny?
>>
>>1274608
It's not funny
It never was
>>
>>1264450
What mods add ships with giant fuck you cannons attached? Or ships that are full missile massacre? Ships like that sound interesting.
>>
>>1274238
by fixing the retarded progression, scavving should be way more risky than it is now for example
domain drones are supposed to be your early game enemy but there is almost no reason to even fight them when you can just go elsewhere and find unguarded science stations by the crap ton
im not defending the ind evo author but thats what his intention was
>>
>>1274640
Creature’s mods have all of those you mentioned
>>
>valhalla shipworks
Mod looks super interesting. What’s it about?
>>
>>1274393
Balance clearly wasn't the aim.
>>
>>1273868
It sucks because, when I start out playing for the Federation, I have to choose between this glorious little vessel, and the Rebellion Flagship. I just love having big ships leading my fleet.
>>
Real quickly, how do you disable those stupid arty stations in nexerelin again?
>>
>>1274962
In the settings.json, "Enable_IndEvo_Artillery"
I think it only applies on new galaxy gen.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.