[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1668660648975338.jpg (894 KB, 2560x1440)
894 KB
894 KB JPG
Get in here and discuss!
>>
No
>>
Glacial updates
>>
Redpill me on the game. I understand it's some /gsg/-lite XCOM hybrid?
>>
>>1263205
The updates are actually quick.
They are just going in the wrong direction.
They want to make the game for no lifers and apparently hate money.
>>
Haven't played since the release. Were there any major patches which added anything noteworthy?
>>
>>1263214
Yes.

Add the #SpaceCombat and #HardScifi tags and you've got the game pretty much pegged.
>>
>>1263219
It hasn't released. It's pre-release. They are just tweaking the AI and stability from what I've noticed or heard.
>>
>no point in developing fission drives because by the time your dice rolls makes the tech researchable you'll already be well on your way to fusion torchs, and that's if you disable the retarded permanent rolls bullshit
genius game
>>
So is there a way to reduce how much the local elites want in spoils?
Because if not, it basically means some nations are entirely unviable even as a joke.
>>
Is there an option to view nation rivalries based on geographical location?
I don't really care who owns it, I can check that before I decide to shoot it out.
>>
File: 20221117210120_1.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1080)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
Do I need to worry about this, if I have no notable holdings in Africa or East Asia?
>>
>>1263474
Imagine, for a second, you were in charge one side of a river.
Now someone starts building artillery on the far side, pointed at you...does that become your problem when they start laying the concrete or when they start firing at you?
>>
>>1263482
except alien terraforming does nothing at all besides shit out a megafauna from time to time that doesn't actually because africa's economy gets wrecked by gluhball worming and spoils anyways. shit like the rest of the game.
>>
>damage control techs never do anything at all because its always the first to die in combat for some reason
What did pavonis mean by this?
>>
>>1263482
>artillery
Yeah, see, that's what I'm asking. Artillery on the far side of a river is a worse problem than flamethrower emplacements on the far side of a river. What's the offensive range on these alien plants? What's the worst that could happen if I deal the Resistance to deal with their own problems in China?
>>
>>1263494
Plants make it easier for the aliens and servants to enthrall a region.
>>
>>1263501
They're probably going to enthrall them anyway because AI is stupid and rarely researches resistance techs.
>>
>>1263506
Slowing the aliens down gets your guys XP anyway. Even if it's a toe stub, it may keep favorable factions in charge of the territory.
>>
>>1263488
It affects global gdp positively via eating CO2 from atmosphere, so if it's in an irrelevant shithole I just leave it be.
>>
>>1263267
Like 75% of the tech tree is noob traps.
>>
>>1263437
Investing to knowledge will very very slowly bring it down, but we're talking about like in a decade or two. Maxing cohesion cuts it down to like ~20% and is viable to reach in sane timesacle.
>>
>>1263214
It is essentially a combination of XCOM, EUIV, and Kerbal Space Program, though a dumbed down version of each all put together in a very mangled way. That description sounds like an accusation of low quality but it's actually quite good. Essentially:

1.) The game begins with the crashing of an alien ship on Earth. You choose a faction to play as with entirely individual goals. There are 6 total, with 2 being quite anti-alien, 2 being pro-alien, and 2 being somewhere in the middle. Depending on which one you play, other factions will be almost necessarily opposed, though it is not impossible to co-exist.

2.) You have the first layer of the game, in which you assign councilors --secret agents-- to perform various actions such as controlling nations, increasing support for your cause, and assassinating other councilors.

3.) You then have the second layer of the game, which is the control of nations and their objectives. This is a game centering around alien menace/benefactors, so depending on which faction you are your goals will change. But everyone wants to get to space. So you have to vie for control of various nations to invest in a better space program and research accordingly.

4.) And then there is the space section of the game, the real meat and bones. The solar system is modeled in a way that is believably realistic, and the ships are meant to be constructed and move in line with real-world physics. Imagine the Lunar Lander with a 30mm machine gun slapped onto it and you have a good idea of your first warships. Which by the way, likely will not see the light of day until 2030, 8 years after the game begins. The game moves at a glacial pace, for better or worse.

It is quite a fun game, though still very janky. All I can say is if you do not cheat you are going to be spending a lot of fucking time to complete a game. It's made by the team that created Long War, so if you have any experience with that you know what you're in for.
>>
>>1263214
I wouldn't compare it to XCOM beyond the scenario (aliens are attacking).
There's no tactical component.
A much better terra invicta would play like OldCom or Xcom, but with your Councillors' actions influencing missions you undertake and the conditions.
For example, an investigation of an alien site gives bonuses on the mission, or choosing to kidnap an enemy councilor requires a ground mission.

Maybe I'm just retarded, but I don't really want to play 'make a EU superstate/American superstate and don't forget Kazakhstan' the game.

And you might say 'oh but you can do China'. Same problem. There's no incentive but to make one (or more) of the Super Powers into a Super Super Power and kill or conquer everyone else into a second or third superpower.
>>
>>1263555
What maxes cohesion?
Low unrest?
>>
>>1263437
You can just ignore the elites.
>>
File: 20221118011522_1.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
Okay so I guess not cleaning up the xenofungus does have some drawbacks.
Oman is held by Humanity First, who were kind enough to accept my alliance offer, so I can get some troops on the scene if it stays put for a month or so. Can the AI actually recognize that I've saved it from Godzilla?
>>
File: chooms.jpg (109 KB, 1162x1162)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>1263183
How molten would the surface of earth be if the entire industrial revolution happened with the same global warming equations as Terra Invicta?
>>
>>1263671
No you absolutely cannot.
Ignoring them adds 10 bonus to any coup attempt. It basically erases a defend interests.
>>
>>1263681
Probably about as molten as it'd be if every climate disaster believing rube realized that the world was supposed to end like a hundred times by now, every time one party needed to win an election, and that just like the last hundred times, that party would never actually fix the problem for fear of losing their votes.
>>
>>1263712
Just keep unrest low.
>>
>>1263712
Coup chance is basically zero in any country that isn't an absolute shithole due to both democracy and high gdp giving a hefty modifier.
>>
>>1263733
>>1263721
And countries that want more than like 10% in spoils start off as dictators with like no GDP.
Coups are not an American/European/Chinese fear in Terra Invicta.
In Africa, the Middle East, and South America, where no one votes and everyone's mad, they are a very big concern.
>>
>>1263714
Famous last words.
>>
I wonder if it's possible to do a project exodus game where you don't bother taking a single control point. You can get boost from orgs after all.
>>
At this point I think I'm just gonna wait at least several months, maybe a year, until it gets more updates and some mods update/come out. Mainly the economy mod and a federations mod that includes a united Earth.
>>
>>1263626
Is there really a need for yet another tacticool game where a squad of soldiers defeats an entire alien invasion? It's been tried enough times and I guess the TI devs recognised they don't have anything special to add. Instead they focused on something else, and imo TI is better off because of that.
>>
>>1263857
>40 years later
oh no the sea rose another 2 milimeters woe is me if only i listened to anon aaaaaaaaaaa i'm a hecking democraterino now!
>>
>>1264077
The problem is that it's still a game where a squad of superheroes pretty much defeat an entire alien invasion, except it's at a strategic level instead of a tactical level, somehow making it even less reasonable.
>>
>>1263857
>Still hasn't realized that Climate Change is just another tool for control.
Well some of use are slower than others I suppose.
>>
>>1264143
>>1264080
I accept your concessions of defeat on anon's behalf
>>
>>1263857
really? how famous can they be? i've never heard that quote before. who said it?
was it kutuzov, just before borodino who said
>Probably about as molten as it'd be if every climate disaster believing rube realized that the world was supposed to end like a hundred times by now, every time one party needed to win an election, and that just like the last hundred times, that party would never actually fix the problem for fear of losing their votes.
to inspire his troops? idk what he was thinking if so.
>>
>>1264143
It's a good thing that the kikes who own the oil companies are honest enough to warn us about this cruel manipulation attempt.
>>
>>1264177
>ITS DA JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1264178
>a commonly accepted scientific theory is actually a sham set up by a cabal of wealthy elites in an attempt to manipulate the masses for their own gain
>and if you disagree, you're a /pol/fag!
>>
>>1264177
>>1264185
Boring low IQ Facebook boomer tier shit
>>
>>1264187
>facebook
found that one shitposter who is absolutely obsessed with ifunny and facebook
>>
>>1264199
Back to the Covid and Soros memes with you gramps
>>
>>1264185
>Just figured out that a cabal of wealthy elites have manipulated the masses throughout history.
Good.
You have now figured out the obvious.
That those with power and wealth used it to their advantage.
>>
>>1264314
Everything that’s obvious to us is a secret hidden truth that only the wise can uncover via Facebook group memes to these actual bottom 1% glue sniffing proles lol
>>
>>1264077
Yes.
Also,
'it's been tried enough' is a shitty argument for anything with less than ten good games, but it's a bad argument in general.
A lot of cars have been made. Does that mean cars are played out and we should move on to using AT-STs or some shit?
>>
>>1263857
>famous last words
Kek. They'll still be complaining about the climate in hundreds of years because they won't do the one thing that will solve it right this instant: Nuclear power.
Notice that neither the Right nor the Left push nuclear power, the only solution that can lift the weight, despite the fact that we've been on the 'brink of a climate disaster' basically forever.
The wind calms, coal runs out, and the wind dies, but the atom burns forever.
>>
>>1264466
based nukechad
>>
>>1264304
>noooo don't notice the guy with fuck you money using it for subversive purposes nooooo
It's okay, I know you don't actually believe what you're posting. You're just going for low hanging fruit.
>>
>>1264505
why do you type like such a fag lol
>>
>>1264466
>Kek.
>>
What do the aliens in this game look like?
Any classic sectoid looks?
>>
>>1264466
Problem with winds and planet based solar is that they affect the environment, both to construct them, and by operation.
Solar kills birds and heats up the area, IIRC, winds generate audio waves in either infra or ultra range which fucks up people who live nearby, IIRC, and also naturally drains wind energy which means weather changes if they're stacked up in immense amounts, tidal power can slightly slow down planet if it's sufficiently massive and can fuck up vast landmasses if it goes wrong and so on.
Nukes technically have lifetimes as well, seeing as matter isn't forever, but that's beyond human lifetime anyway.
>>
>have multiple UV phazor battlestations protecting my mercury shit
>shitty little alien frigate always manages to blow something up despite having hardened habs
I HAVE FOUR FUCKING BATTLESTATIONS GODDAMNIT
>>1263758
I overthrew the initiative in china via coup, but that was after they nuked themselves into the stone age. The entire global economy fucking tanked, China lost over 20 trillion in GDP within a week. The EU and US lost 10 and unity went to 0.0 in both after I nuked them back. I am pretty sure the only thing the game cares about when calculating coup chance is GDP.
>>
>>1264539
The main species looks like Elites from Halo but with weird nodular beards
>>
>>1264533
>>1264537
Oh look, I was right, you're the /gsg/ escapee. Go back to malding about Victoria 3.
>>
File: Humanity first 2.jpg (73 KB, 500x501)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>1263183
I'm getting this thread back on track, hows that HF run going anons? You *are* playing humanity first, aren't you anon? Whats your favorite way to kill an alien/ human sympathizer?
>>
>>1264673
Imagine being bullied by a whole thread. You’re gay bro
>>
>>1264736
i'm the whole thread bro just trust me
also imagine being homophobic in 2022
>>
File: Onee-chan...get more rope.jpg (1.14 MB, 1037x1280)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>1264758
ACKTUALLY we aren't homophobic. We're homomisic. Get with the times, gay grandpa.
>>
File: live.png (1.12 MB, 1800x1328)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>1264700
>>
File: DeFRxyIV4AEQ46o.jpg (81 KB, 768x593)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>1264700
Servants will always suffer the worst fate in my custody.
>>
>>1263959
Yeah, and I hate the councilor system. It feels like councilors and space are two entirely separate games, and I like the space one while the councilors are just tedium.
>>
>>1264700
I'm playing Initiative.
>>
I hate Discord so fucking much. This shit is infuriating.
Before it was just an annoyance, but now it's demanding I make an actual account or else I can't see anything in the server.
Fuck this piece of shit.
>>
>>1265167
Try doing what you’re asked to do for once instead of throwing a tantrum you child
>>
>>1265172
okay vicky 3 shitposter
>>
>>1265172
I will not make a Discord account.
>>
File: hmmph.png (11 KB, 600x800)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>1265172
>Don't want to cough up a burner phone just for pisscord? You must be a manchild, or something.
>>
>>1265182
>burner phone
You’re not in a dystopian political thriller you are a young man with Asperger’s living in your parents house
>>
>>1265184
>you're not in a dystopia
nigga fucking look outside of your basement for once
you're living in satan world, everything is inverted. good is bad, holy is profane, men are women, women are men, words are violence and violence is free speech but only when perpetrated by accepted groups
>>
>>1265186
You are not a funny based epic trad schizo either you are just another mediocre introverted middle class kid like 99% of this website
>>
>>1265191
>funny based epic trad schizo
what?
why are you just stringing together buzzwords now because i pointed out an obvious fact
is this cognitive dissonance in action?
>>
>>1265193
It was pretty clear I was calling your painfully uninteresting post about Godjesus and Degeneracy ingenuine. In another year or two you will have dropped the act and be in another phase as is typical for suburban white teens
>>
>>1265186
who knew pretending to believe in satanic forces was the new punk rock??? shadilay and praise kek my good sir!!!!
>>
>>1265201
and what is interesting to you exactly
>>
>>1265184
>You WILL give pisscord your real phone number so they can sell it to jewgle so trannies can profit and you WILL be happy
>>
>>1265172
>>1265184
>>1265191
>>1265201
been a while since i've seen projection like this
>>
>>1265205
>pretending
bro everything is so normal everything is just like the 90s bro we'll mutilate children's genitals after confusing them like we did in the 90s bro this is totally a normal thing a sane society does bro
>>
File: memri_homo.jpg (39 KB, 758x385)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1265219
This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't spent the actual 90's listening to Devil music and reading Harry Potter.
>>
>>1263608
interesting Ill check it out, thanks anon.
>>
>>1264921
You'd think out of all factions the Initiative AI would know how to turn a nation into an economic powerhouse, but instead all they know how to do is press the spoils button.
They should be the faction that is swimming in cash at any point in the game, instead of being grateful for the scraps the player throws their way.
The Initiative AI needs to learn what goals are worth spoiling for, and which aren't.
>>
File: Ur-Quan_Kzer-Za.gif (84 KB, 485x213)
84 KB
84 KB GIF
Did the devs cheap out going for a generic humanoid digitigrade alien?
When you just see the face and the tentacles they're so alien and strange, an then come the hands and legs and they lose it all.
>>
>>1265388
Not really. I think it's pretty reasonable that advanced aliens would often be bipedal and have developed hands.
>>
>>1265395
They would have some sort of prehensile extremities and that's it. Read Xenology.
>>
>>1265402
>>
>alien shitbox arrives in low whatever orbit
>immediately takes a shit on a colony and dies before a fleet even gets to it
very fun and engaging
>>
Brutal is well, brutal. You can't build damn near anything in space, and starting in 2029 they start sending assault carriers, by 2033 they're sending three at a time and while the ayys aren't openly at war with me yet, they're basically spawn camping me with a fleet around mercury and a mothership in orbit around Earth. despite owning all of China, India, and Japan I still don't have ring habs or a way to really effectively clear out those fleets when I go hot
>>
>>1265388
The Salamanders, Griffons, and Hydras were a nod to the covenant from halo for sure. Some of the alien techs have a jelly fish looking Xeno in a tank, so maybe there were plans for more at some point. And there is no lore that says the Hydras are the top species right? Maybe there are more as well as some drones or whatever
>>
>>1265215
you can always tell when you’ve hit a nerve when they start accusing you of projection
>>
File: 1667178250532161.jpg (604 KB, 750x938)
604 KB
604 KB JPG
/pol/ ON THE MIND
BUTT PLUG IN THE ASS
>>
>>1265578
Also there is that caterpillar looking one in an event
>>
>>1263474
just in your countries
you can safely ignore it everywhere else
even the occasional megafauna can be ignored since it'll usually just stay in the region it spawned in and accomplish nothing
while it does boost ayylmao support and missions, the only countries that actually matter are your own, and you'll have since murdered all the ayys on earth before they can even do anything with it
>>
File: 51 Nemausa.jpg (575 KB, 2557x1440)
575 KB
575 KB JPG
>bombard and destroy alien base
>"there will no doubted be repercussions for this action"
>three 2k fleets appear out of nowhere
N-Nani?!
>>
Has AI assassinations/detainment been nerfed? I've had one councilor with 14 sec and visible by every faction forever who hasn't been assassinated. I'm at war with 3 factions.
>>
>>1265666
AI stats are usually garbage
14 sec is pretty high as far as the AI is concerned
>>
>>1265704
OK that makes sense. But I have seen some enemy agents around with 22-25 espionage and I'm wondering why they don't try to assassinate. I suppose I got better at caring about security
>>
File: 1643252300014.png (767 KB, 855x824)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
>>1265700
Every successful company that isn't breaking the law thinks 10-20 or more years into the future regularly. It is state capitalism which enables short term thinking.
>>
>>1265721
globalism also invites catastrophe, as once a company realizes they can just vampire any country they please and flee to a new one with impunity, all incentive to not do that vanishes
>>
>>1265721
>>1265700
Here comes the boring fucking r/politicalcompassmemes teens clogging up the place with barely sentient drivel
>>
File: 1657479561744.png (653 KB, 1120x844)
653 KB
653 KB PNG
>>1265723
The sin of hubris
>>
File: commies a shit.jpg (36 KB, 360x480)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1265724
Here's a reddit post from the 60s
>>
>>1265729
Don’t care
>>
File: 1630631702951.jpg (367 KB, 747x819)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>1265731
sure, sure
>>
>>1265402
>>1265421
I had to image search these; man those are some cool alien designs. Now I'm wishing the game had aliens more like these types.
>>
>>1265724
yeah, you'd know what a post from /r/politicalcompassmemes looks like, wouldn't you redditor
you have a surface level knowledge of this site and all you do is project by calling everyone else redd/int/or ESLs or whatever particular group you've decided to hate at the time
>>
>build up antimatter infrastructure
>producing 1.1 units per month
>first antimatter engine I unlock is a pion torch, which is laughable
>all the other antimatter engines have terrible exhaust velocity relative to late game fusion engines
Did I just build all these accelerators just to make money and use up my precious noble metals?
>>
>>1265388
Really makes your seath retract and your talons ooze, doesnt it
>>
>>1265585
>hit a nerve, hmm?
>>
>>1265641
That only works until you miss a agent camping some random buttfuck nation in Africa and boom, Alien Administration.
>>
>Joined thread to ask questions about getting Terra Invicta as a Christmas present to myself
>Shit tier political debating that isn't about how Humanity First is the correct faction.
I'm not surprised just disappointed.
>>
>>1266350
It's a good Christmas present for next year, maybe even the year after that.
>>
>>1266350
>buying trash
>buying trash from the makers of l*ng w*r
might as well burn your money, would be more enjoying.
>>
>>1266156
antimatter is the absolute best money maker, and does it more cost efficiently than nanofabs
use the fusion and just sell antimatter for big dick direct invest
>>
>>1266281
ayy admin is only a problem when the ayys themselves can land
you gank all their transports in orbit, and you can just keep the nation in gay baby jail until its time for total war
>>
Can the remass scoop refuel ships around the ice giants Uranus and Neptune?
>>
>>1266412
Except for the fact that I'm noble metals limited. I've got endless supplies of every other resource. Despite specifically capturing all high noble metal locations and making them T3 from the Jovian system inward, it is still a bottleneck. Every accelerator I operate means one less titan I can build per year.
>>
>>1266416
Get more mining orgs & trade with other factions for their stockpiles of nobles?
>>
File: 13346076.jpg (45 KB, 302x448)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>1266462
The other factions don't like me anymore. I've got USNA, Pan Asian Combine, OP's EU, Southern Cross, Iran, and a good chunk of South America. Every faction has CP to spare. It's zero-sum at this point and every smaller nation is a battleground.

What's the late game supposed to look like on Earth when the all the other factions have so much spare CP? Is there any way to largely neuter them such that they stop humping Cuba and Southeast Asia?
>>
I want a Ring of Fire nation of all Pacific coastal states.
>>
File: Ring of Saturn.jpg (568 KB, 2560x1440)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>The rings... they're even better in person.
Earth > Saturn > Mars > the other planets
>>
>>1266516
Speaking of, what are some federations you guys think would be interesting? Not necessarily grounded in anything, just interesting.
>inb4 Third Reich or Roman Empire
>>
>>1266416
short on nobles even with io? ngmi.
>>
>>1266557
Are you saying I should rush the outer solar system? I need to slowly build up titans to for assaults. I can't just leave the inner solar system undefended.
>>
>>1266581
The game is (mostly) balanced in such a way that you're never fully ready for when you have to start the next phase.
You'll likely be going in space before you're fully stable on Earth.
You'll likely engage an alien ship before you're ready for their retaliation.
You'll likely have neither the tech nor the resources to go toe to toe with the aliens when they go to full war with you.
For the vast majority of the game the aliens have you beat in terms of numbers of ships, resource production, technology, speed, everything.
You need to fight asymmetrically and be willing to take risks to push forwards.

In your specific case, the outer solar system will have an enormous amount of wealth that will let you build the titans you want, but you can't really get to those resources without the titans you want, right?
So, take a risk. Start an outer system mining colony at a nice rich spot, get a defensive station in orbit. Try and time it right after the aliens burned some aggression.
The aliens -will- notice and try to punish you for it. Try to divert their attention elsewhere. Maybe sacrifice a station to them.
You'll be left in a precarious situation with less ships then before in a place that is much harder to reinforce...but you'll have those resources you wanted.
Always keep pushing. Never stop. Don't give the aliens time to adapt to your strategy. There's always a window of time based on your actions and the alien response; being the time it takes the aliens to assemble and travel to you.
The game will do its best to keep you challenged in this way right up until you're fighting above the alien's very last base. At no point should you ever feel like you've snowballed into a position of power where victory is guaranteed.
>>
>>1266532
Texas independence movement, with a Confederacy and Golden Circle federation for the rest of the South, Central America and the Caribbean
>>
File: Untitled.png (457 KB, 811x680)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
>game crashed so hard the save got corrupted and I lost like 30 minutes
Guess I'll actually do homework instead of play games all night.
>>
File: Fh7V_JEaMAEZZiR.jfif.jpg (442 KB, 2047x1507)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>ship building intensifies
>>
>>1266516
THE FEDERATION FOUGHT FOR PEACE IN THIS WAR, AND YOU DENIED THEM THAT
>>
>>1266660
IT STILL CRASHES NO MATTER WHAT I DO FUCK. I had just gotten a base and a doom stack at Hyperion. I dunno what to do.
>>
> Texas independence movement, with a Confederacy and Golden Circle federation for the rest of the South, Central America and the Caribbean
>>
>>1266791
go back to your paradox threads robbie impersonator
>>
>>1266788
That's what you get for buying an early access game.
Report it to the devs and hope they fix it in the next update.
>>
>>1266791
Speaking of, Texas should be a core economic zone due to the state alone having a higher GDP than many nations who do have a core economic zone. The current GDP of Texas is 2.1 trillion.
>>
>>1267250
Because it's already a resource region and I don't think the game can handle a region being both a resource region and a core economic region. That's just me talking out my ass though.
The real perplexing thing is that neither the Seattle nor Atlanta regions are core economic regions.
>>
>>1267261
With the way things are going, it's not particularly a resource region anymore. The GDP comes from oil refining and petrochemical multinationals having North American headquarters in Houston. Drilling is pretty low, the majority of drilling is from preexisting rigs offshore. New rigs aren't going up all that much.

I suspect it has more to do with game balance than anything else. The EU quickly becomes the number one economy if you unify the continent.
>>
>>1266581
Don't hear this >>1266596 , rush Jupiter is noobtrap. You can do it to prevent ayys spread too wide around Solar system by of price of early war, so you should know what you do.

All you need to win is keep your aggro level safe when you build your rings around Mercury.
Then you get green phasers, adamant armor, engine of your choice, lot of MC thanks to rings around Mercury and now you can bring so much fleets with so much ships as you needs.
>>
What's the current state of the game? I enjoyed the leaked dev build, but dropped it since it was still rather buggy. Has anything major changed since then?
>>
>>1268509
Mostly just fixes and polishing. I'd say come back to it in about a year.
>>
>>1268509
>Has anything major changed since then?
no, game still shit, devs still retarded.
>>
>>1268509
Game is more buggy, less fun. Wait.
>>
>>1268509
the release has less features than the leak does
>>
terra
>inwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwuicta
>>
>>1265186
So true
>>
>>1267250
Clearly every region of the united states should be a core economic region...

Nobody cares about Texas except LARPers from California and barefoot Okies.
>>
>>1268869
Mexicans and various other shades of central american mud bloods on the Victoria threads seem to care a lot about Texas.
>>
>>1267261
>>1267250
You're forgetting that the US is 50 countries in a trenchcoat mascaraing as one country. Either virtually every single major US city is an economic zone (accurate, but ridiculous), or you need to balance it out.
>>
>>1268943
given that regions are fuckmassive, literally every region in the US, Western Europe, China, and India should qualify as one
>>
>>1268943
Not anymore. When we tried to maintain that notion, the federals invaded.
>>
>>1268955
>them done evil feddies
you know damn well that states still have a fuckton of autonomy despite over a century and a half of trying to erode it, in some areas even more autonomy than the EU allows for actual sovereign nations
>>
>>1268958
Shill elsewhere.
>>
>>1268962
of all the failed states to shill for, why the one that fought and bled to keep blacks around instead of shipping them the fuck away forever
it wasn't even the common southerners benefiting, they were poor fuckers compared to the north
you lot fought and died so a double digit percentage of america's jews could live as nobles at your expense
>>
Due to the sheer number of people in it, could India be made into a badass country?
>>
>knowledge somehow reduces elites wanting spoils
>instead of just creating new elites who would, in turn, want spoils raised
>>
>>1268974
here comes the schizo homeless guy type ranting about le jews
>>
>entire space game is just swatting an endless stream of single gunships and shitty dreadnought missile boats that fuck up your colonies because defenses dont defend
you faggots actually like this shit?
>>
>>1269314
No I actually think Terra Invicta is a disappointment because it removes one of the best parts about XCOM, and the enhancements to the Geoscape would be better off pared down and attached to an oldcom game.
>>
>>1269321
It just seems so disconnected. We're supposedly the illuminati, but we care about Democracy? Why?
Democracy doesn't make a nation better or worse, at least alone.
>>
>>1269271
Yes. But it's pretty much just a second, worse China since China starts off stronger.
>>
>- Nerfed Research Campus, costs an MC now and has 200 crew. we will designate a hate zone somewhere for this change, but producing 1000/research a day in the mid-30s is far too much
>we will designate a hate zone somewhere for this change
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>1269353
they will huff their farts and ignore all criticism
>>
>>1269353
Also why the fuck did they buff it in the first place, and why not just revert it instead of slapping another fucking MC cost on something.
MC is already a cancerous enough mechanic.
>>
>>1269353
johnny is being a passive aggressive faggot again, as is tradition
they really want their shitty game to extend out until the 60s for no good reason
>>
File: 1653826160865.png (77 KB, 2170x1460)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>1269353
It means they know it's shit so they're preemptively preparing for the backlash.
>Greater India gets claim on Myanmar
>better claims in west Africa
>fleets start farther apart in battle
>fleets defending habs start out moving slower
>AI focuses more on MC
>hydroponics bay and farm are better
>fixed bug that made bases unable to defend themselves from bombardment
Overall a pretty good patch though.
Hopefully they make a better nation economy system and add more claims, including a united Earth.
>>1269364
The real issue is the binary way MC works. With the aliens it's either "we're pretending you don't even exist" or "we're blowing your shit up." It should be a gradient. Below a certain small amount of MC they'll completely ignore you. Above a certain amount of MC they'll start blowing up your shit until you're down to whatever they consider a reasonable level. In between the two should be a range of aggressiveness on the part of the aliens. If you're above that base completely safe level of MC then there's a chance for them to decide to blow something up based on how much MC you have, if the station is defended, and if the station is in a convenient spot for them to reach. This would also work on its own system, separate to the regular hate system. All of this makes it so there's a real risk/reward factor to expanding rather than simple "I can expand until X amount of MC and then I have to stop." Additionally, rather than an all-out total war mode, it should be like an overcorrection. If you go to a high enough amount of MC that they are guaranteed to attack you then they should have a measure of how much stuff they want to destroy before they go back to normal behavior. This would take into account your MC and hate, so taking enough actions against the aliens could provoke them into an attack or exacerbate an ongoing attack.
>>
>>1269314
git gud fag
>>
>>1269353
tech turtle niggers BTFO
>>
>>1269441
Just tech turtle on Earth with India and China.
>>
>>1269439
i figured gsgtrannies enjoy killing a single destroyer/gunship/missile dreadnought repeatedly because the retarded devs don't know how to make a basic ai that can merge ships into fleets. keep sucking johnny's dick, faggot.
>>
>>1269455
I've had attacks from huge fleets before.
>>
>>1269473
I've never had attacks from huge fleets, just a giant conga line that does nothing but try to bombard bases.
>>
>>1269484
That's because the AI thinks you're too weak to handle fleets.
As soon as you become an actual threat they'll start forming up into fleets.
>but I'm shooting down dozens of individual ships!
And the aliens are producing them faster then you're shooting them down.
The AI isn't taking you seriously.

Now true, the AI shouldn't continue to keep sending ships into the grinder but chances are the ships arriving into the maws of your fleet were sent out weeks ago.
Meaning that even if the AI is aware of what's happening you'll still keep getting that incoming conga line for like a solid month afterwards.
The AI can't cancel a trip in progress any more then you can.
>>
>>1268955
Seethe. Most US states have larger GDPs that entire European countries, including the South.
>>
So I don't understand what the point of having so many options (especially tech wise) in Terra Invicta are if there's pretty much one optimal way to play and 999,999,999 suboptimal or even losing ways to play
>>
>>1269564
Like half of them wouldn't devolve into third world countries within a year if the government stopped giving them money.
90% spoils, 10% welfare. 0% education.
>>
>>1269564
>t. faggot from the Seattle suburbs idolizing the accomplishments of dead men who died long before Washington became a state
>>
>>1269573
States like Florida and Texas have no income tax, I would be curious to see what happens if federal taxes stay at home rather than go toward propping up politicans' stock portfolios.
>>
so what is the best countries to start with now?
>>
>>1263608
>It's made by the team that created Long War
And now don't want to ever play it
>>
>>1269583
US provides the best start but limited growth potential and is often uncontested.
China provides infinite growth potential but a slower start and is insanely hard to get into.
EU is a blend between the two. It's kind of slow and not as good as the US at the start but over time as you absorb countries you grow to be stronger than the US, and it's easy to get into but you have to fight for a lot of the countries.
India is pretty good if you want to go into China later. You can grab India to drive your economy and Russia to drive your space program pretty easily.
>>
>>1269583
I like you U.S. into India.
>>
>>1269727
Yeah they are kind of going the wrong direction imo.
Making the game more tedious than it needs to be.
>>
>>1269553
>That's because the AI thinks you're too weak to handle fleets.
Then the AI is very retarded because I have more than a hundred ships total and I've been blowing up their bases and stations one by one.
>>
>>1269750
You'd need a lot of luck or someone with 20+ skill and bonuses from adjacent countries to easily get into China, right?
>>
>>1269583
It depends on your objectives and how you want to play the game.
>>
>>1269583
US for money and military, Kazahkstan for boost
Get both of those and you'll probably win.
>>
>>1269327
You don't have to care about democracy if you don't want to. It makes some things easier, but it's not vital.
>>
>>1269772
Right at the beginning?
You need to surround China and then get lucky enough to get persuasion ORG's.
If you really want China fairly early go Russia and then when you levelled up your agents a bit and got some persuasion ORG's it should be easier to get into China.
>>
>>1269727
This was my thought prior to playing it. I tried LW on EW and it was just fucking tedious as hell. But I pirated TI for fun and it's definitely not bad. You can definitely tell it's made by the same team, I was not joking when I said it's a time investment. It's still quite fun despite everything.
>>
>>1269814
I just meant in general, though as far as I'm concerned orgs that boost stats count as reaching that skill level.
I remember I had skill points in all their neighbors one time and I couldn't even take it as the servants. Aliens kept giving me shit in South America.
>>
>>1266281
It is a good game but need some more time in the oven and some mods to make it shine. I would hold off until it is on sale then get it
>>
Alright, what are the noob traps to avoid early on and in the early space stages.
>>
>>1270114
Getting/keeping too many persuasion guys. Depending on your strategy you might want to get a full roster of a bunch of persuasion guys, but you'll never want more than at most two after the initial rush for countries.
Doing anything less than complete extermination of all alien presence on Earth. Killing alien operatives should be your number one priority in your strategy for the first decade. You should get alien detection fairly quickly and have a good investigation guy and a really good espionage guy by that time.
Building ships. You'll only need a few missile boats in the early 2030s to shoot down a ship for the techs and stuff that's gated behind it. After that you'll pretty much just want to wait until you've got late game weapons, drives, and hulls.
The Moon. You only want one mine to get as much stuff as you can. But even then depending on circumstances you may want to skip the Moon.
Building tier one space stations around Earth. The only exception is if you have good boost income and need to start killing aliens before the time you've unlocked tier two stations. Then you can go for some xenology stations for the bonus to alien detection.
Grabbing useless countries. You grab America for early science and long(ish) term military power. If you grab America you should fix its problems, maybe get its democracy up, make sure you keep enough investments in economy, welfare, and knowledge to keep it stable, and put as much as you can into increasing military tech. Also don't forget to bring all armies back to their home regions. Only go Europe if you're grabbing some good early science points and you plan to abandon them later or you're going for EU. Take all but the executive control points in whatever nations you can in order to lock other factions out of Europe. After grabbing enough and as you increase your CP cap then you can grab the French executive along with whatever other executive points you can to start unifying.
>>
>>1270114
>>1270127
The whole time you're waiting to unify Europe you should be putting everything into MC in every country. For China you just pump knowledge as hard as you can. For India you do that but slightly delayed until you've fixed its issues. China and India are more long-term ones. Kazakhstan you want to take, set to zero spoils, and then coup. This takes it out of the Eurasian Union and allows you to get all of its boost for much less CP.
Not doing any spoils. You should have some country that you use for spoils to get plenty of early cash. You'll need it. Saudi Arabia is good for that.
Focusing too much on blobbing. The way the economy in this game works extremely heavily discourages blobbing. You only want to do it later to consolidate power, allow yourself to eat up more of the globe, and make your countries harder to break into (very important to remember the importance of clearing out alien life from Earth, especially xenofauna, lest you risk making a big nation only to have an alien enthrall one of your control points away from you which is effectively impossible for you to retake). Ideally you should grab nations that are going to be unified and make them pump MC, even if they need to start space programs from scratch.
>>
>>1270114
>traps
Having fun.
Doing anything but the meta of 'get the US/EU, build boost everywhere before unifying, and probably some other boring shit'.
>>
File: goat.png (292 KB, 449x492)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
Does anyone know which councilor traits are mutually exclusive? I know Government/Criminal/National Hero are mutually exclusive but sometimes these are not present yet still blocked as an option for unknown reason.
>>
>>1269583
Khazakstan into Russia into EU (pick up US when your dudes get stats) then take Taiwan away from the Servants or Initiative and retake the mainland, pop Pacific Defense League, then just blob as you pick up CP. Last game, I used Nigeria to take away servant and protectorate nations until Caliphate popped, then I used Saudi Arabia to take shit away from whoever was left in Africa.

Fuck China, I let the AI nuke it.
>>
>>1269583
You can take US early and then into (country that only matters because of the Cosmodrome) if you're willing to take Canada/Mexico first, but...
>>1271480
This guy is correct as well. Main thing with (Country that is only important because of Cosmodrome) is that it starts in an alliance with Russia so you must either secure Russia or break it out of the alliance with Russia.
>>
File: soyuz launch.jpg (114 KB, 1280x848)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>1271653
>(country that only matters because of the Cosmodrome)
Oh, I know this one! It's Kazakhstan!
>>
>>1270881
the ones I know of off the top of my head are:
careless/survivor
inflexible/fast learner
indulgent/affluent
theres one for famous. its like inscrutable or something
The event for an agent tiring of service which flips some beneficial mental traits to negative ones makes me think they are mutually exclusive, but IDK for sure

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.