[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 68 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Beach_house-1440x810.jpg (242 KB, 1440x810)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
https://anno-union.com/devblog-new-world-rising-dlc/
>new NW tier
>NW electricity
>NW crown falls
>New monument
>Better fire stations, police stations, and hospitals
Annochads, how we feeling?
>>
When it releases I'll finally be able to play the game again.

Haven't done a proper run since before tourists because there was always another DLC on the horizon.
>>
ITS OVER, I will never have time to do anything else in my free time again
>>
Welp guess Christmas is canceled lol. The new hydrodam looks neat but man does the new world stuff look like globalhome art sorta. Hopefully this is the last season and we get a new game in a year or two
>>
Give me campaign missions back.
I'm not saying to remove the sandbox mode but I only like to play goal focused missions and don't care about esthetics.
And no, one giant mission serving as tutorial doesn't count...
>>
Will the improved islands have less rivers?
and when is this coming out, I started a fresh playthrough last week
>>
>>1262054
>Will the improved islands have less rivers?
Yes
>and when is this coming out
December 8th
>>
>>1261934
I love everything about this game but controlling a bunch of fucking boats
>>
>>1262017
The game has been getting INCREASINGLY full of worthless woke politics, up to the point of actively strangling gameplay (Africa DLC with its fucking visual novel attempt). I really worry about the next Anno being another dud. They're clearly riding high on 1800's success and forgetting that 1800 was only good because they flopped hard on 2205 and had to go back to basics.
>>
>>1262316
I agree, 2070 was a step in that very same direction and 2205 was just more of the same but worse. Given Ubisoft's direction I wouldn't be surprised and given their work on the recent settlers game its almost a dead on point to say the next game risks being woke and bad.
very much want a future anno but I could settle for a 1900 or 500 (Rome) period. all of which could be boiled down into non-sense given Ubisoft's track record.

I hope the remember what made anno 1800 good.
>>
>>1262323
You don't want a Rome Anno, it'd be just full of "well, actually, the Ptolemaic Egyptians were black you see..."
>>
>>1261934
feeling like game needs to be back on steam
or fucking cracked again
>>
>>1262370
Same desu
>>
>>1261934
>shitty drm that could stop working any second
no thanks
>>
>>1262316
>The game has been getting INCREASINGLY full of worthless woke politics
Explain.
>>
>>1262525
Um there was this expansion about Ethiopia.
And the Airship lady is brown.
That's all most tards talk about. The most actual woke shit is the Skyscraper questline that boils down to NotDonald Trump needs woman and cutting corners for the sake of profit is bad.
Most of the woke stuff is in shitty community posts normal people don't read and have no bearing on the gameplay.
>>
Good more games need to scare away you chuds
>>
>>1262316
>INCREASINGLY full
Didn't 1404's entire plot revolve around good Europeans and good Muslims engaging in peaceful trade and cultural interchange when the evil church has attacked it because it was religious and xenophobic and evil? And didn't 2070 feature the evil Tycoons who live in miserable island cities while good Ecos build utopias because they choose to be vegan? What did 1800 fuck up to cross the line for you?
>>
>>1262530
on 1800 release people were complaining about churches having no crosses, I'm serious
>>
>>1262631
It's made by spastic germans and marketed to other Europoors. Like the French that keep trying to ban religion in public spaces.
Despite Embesa being literally Ethiopia and blatantly Christian there is no direct mention of it.
>>
>>1262621
In 2070 at least the trade-off was that the ecos sucked at making money. The best way to play was to have one island be the industrial post-apocalyptic hellhole at -1000 ecobalance making everything.
The entire series has been full of feel good storylines since 1404 at least.
>>
>>1262704
>The best way to play was to have one island be the industrial post-apocalyptic hellhole
Just like 1800
>>
>>1262706
Just rename one of your island "china" and roleplay accordingly. I can't wait to create the new world slums island.
>>
>>1262530
>Um there was this expansion about Ethiopia.
I'm >>1262316 and the problem with that expansion wasn't the fact it was in Africa, it was a fucking visual novel in a citybuilder game where there will be 20 different alerts while you're listening to a bunch of tribals rambling on about their culture. And in some other game that might have been interesting, but in Anno? No, absolutely not. You'll probably see some sort of resource shortage and population/money crash while you're busy doing nothing but listening to people talk.
>>
>>1262759
You know you can cancel the questline if it bothers you that much. Plus you only need Embesa shit at the top tier where you should have won by now.
>>
>>1262323
anno 1900 could be pretty interesting but i feel like they would have to keep it to a much more limited time frame to avoid the 50s and beyond
>>
>>1263073
>1900
>He doesn't know
NGMI
>>
>>1262530
be nice if a game named 1800 was actually based on history instead of fictional.
>>
>>1263073
1800 already feels like 1900 with all the focus on feminism, revolutions, electricity and mass production. It feels like monarchy is already done and dusted.
But I guess that managing opium fields with trade network to China would be too sinophobic.
>>
>>1262323
Greece would be interesting. The islands would actually make sense for once since they’d represent the aegeans
>>
Any good mods?
>>
>>1262704
>The best way to play was to have one island be the industrial post-apocalyptic hellhole at -1000 ecobalance making everything.
And people say games are not realistic.
>>
>>1261934
Best Anno OST? 2070 or 1404?
https://youtu.be/r2_bVjgE86g

https://youtu.be/pUalm1hqcYA
>>
>>1263274
I prefer 1800.
https://youtu.be/xBQvKyAizt8
>>
>>1261934
Anno is a better Tropico than Tropico has been for the last decade. Isn't that crazy?
>>
>>1261934
No arctic adjustments? The only point in going there now is gas
>>
>>1263421
wrong pic
>>
>>1261934
Has Anno turned into Tropico? wtf
Also, can some /his/fag confirm that sun umbrellas were a thing already in 1800?
>>
>>1263421
>>1263425
I go there for kino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VyflG3-a0U
>>
>>1263136
oh yeah i guess they literally couldnt do 20th century at all with the numbers thing
>>
>>1263595
Anno '81
>>
>>1262043
Each DLC of this season has come with a scenario.
>>1263421
They did some stuff with the Arctic in the last DLC, I doubt they'll be touching it any more.
>>
>>1261934
>Annochads, how we feeling?
Cold. The temperature has begun to drop, I don't want to play Anno before that season of DLC is over, and thus my PC isn't heating my entire appartment while trying to display crown falls.
>>
>>1263603
>US faction
>Soviet faction
>EU faction
That actually could be fun.
>>
>>1263595
>>1263603
We're gonna have this discussion every thread, huh? In my opinion, the best solution is to just use numbers that are multiples of 9 instead of numbers that add up to 9. The old titles would still fit this theme thanks to the fun fact that any number whose digits add up to 9 or a multiple of 9 is divisible by 9.
>>
>>1263603
It's called Tropico 5
>>
I would like an Anno 1908 (art deco, rise of America, of Meiji Japan with that near westernized architecture), 1953 would also be neat. Maybe a 1998 for full meme, it's the year the franchise came out.
I just think 1900s is too much of a good setting to go without being used. And I don't want to go back to archaic games with boring production chains.
>>
>>1263456
Yes absolutely, umbrellas have been around for thousands of years
>>
>>1264227
>Anno 1908 (art deco, rise of America,
That's basically what all the DLC has been. We're well into the early 20th century now.
>>
>>1261934
I'd rather have a new Anno. This "let's dump massive loads of DLC on this game" bullshit is getting tiring. It's also why I abandoned Paradox' games.
>>
Lifestyle needs are so good bros, especially on small islands such as new world and arctic
>>
>>1265166
Disagree. All of the DLC has been an improvement, and while there is a lot of it, it actually meshing together now unlike Paradox games where each DLC is basically a standalone separate from everything else. Devs are actually learning how to have their cake and eat it.
>>
>>1265469
In a way I agree, so far 1800 is holding up well, but I feel like another season is going too far, they've already touched every single piece of the game and this last dlc would be the cherry on the cake. Hope they move on after this.
>>
>>1265476
I think instead of another season they should just do one big Update/DLC as the last hurrah. Preferably something that works in the Old World since having another map to load would be ass.
>>
File: 4169746.jpg (127 KB, 1440x1021)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>1263274
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJK02Lr3iY
>>
>>1261934
I just wish they were more vocal about their sales for the sods among us that got the game on steam being it was delisted
>>
>>1265521
>>1265476
If they add another region it should be the Far East.
Would be kino.
>>
>>1263457
Based, go there for the comfy geese squawks, comfy wind, and comfy music.

>>1263274
https://youtu.be/3werT1aaCGE
https://youtu.be/8YE_8TGjC5g?t=36

>>1263855
I have hopes that the next game is something modern or future, going past the 2205 time mark would give us space exploration and further space colonization on different planets/moons and could make for an interesting change. I'm sure the engineers at blue byte have been cooking something up for their engine, its stupidly efficient for what its doing I wouldn't be surprised if they've scaled it up even more since 1800. I was on *eddit earlier and ran across a thread where they were talking about a possible announcement at game awards and one of the devs responded for resource allocation, could mean they have a full team on a new game.
>>
>>1266098
>The 2205 soundtrack
So close yet so far with that game. It's beautiful but it just doesn't feel right as an Anno.
>>
File: latest[1].png (76 KB, 256x256)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
Stop talking about new annos, I don't want to leave my wife behind
>>
>>1262323
The one thing I’ll give 2205 is the look, for all its flaws, it’s at least nice to look at.
>>
>>1263456
Earliest example of an umbrella dates back to 2310 BC
>>
https://www.eurogamer.net/assassins-creed-valhalla-headed-to-steam
>"Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Anno 1800 and Roller Champions are among the Ubisoft titles that will be releasing on Steam."
>>
>>1267156
Will we be able to migrate our Uplay purchases to Steam?
>>
>>1264227
post ww2 might be neat

more complex trains, freeways, subways, suburbs, skyscrapers. modular airports. big modular car factories etc
>>
>>1267312
I would to build a little 50s pier town
>>
>>1267263
You bought the game? Why?
>>
>>1267451
Is the pirate version even up to date? Last I heard it was still on season 2.
>>
>>1261934
Waiting for steam release, will just stick with Anno 1404 and 1701 till then even if it takes a decade fine by me
>>
>>1267463
>>1267156
>>
>>1267263
They'll still launch via Uplay like all the other Ubisoft games on Steam did so what's the point?
>>
Anno 1800 sale on uplay now. 20% off on season 4 with higher discounts on previous seasons, 50% off on complete edition,
>>
>>1267263
No, Gaben didnt get his cut so you cant. You can add it as a non-steam game.
>>
File: 1659336084819652.png (2.46 MB, 1080x1056)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB PNG
>>1268117
I have been waiting on this to restart my game. How is season 4 holding up? Did they fix the new world with haciendas and what about the strange airship thingymabob from the trailers?

I remember running out of space having 75% of the new world island BEFORE starting to build up crown falls, kind of the reason i stopped my save. It was max COMFY though, anno 1800 has no reason being this beautiful.
>>
did they fix the ram requirement? mid game with dlcs 16gb ram is not enough
>>
Is there a way to play on a low res monitor without it looking like ant simulator?
>>
>>1269061
The haciendas have much smaller farms. You can also produce fertilizer which acts similar to tractors and lets you make hyperefficient farms. The Airship DLC adds lifestyle goods (technically part of the free update that released with it) that let you squeeze more people into residences and so get more workforce from less space. It also adds commuter piers to the New World. New World Rising is going to literally expand the size of the map and add a Crown Falls-type island to the region.
>>
>>1269381
not only that, the new world goods consumption rates in the old world have been reduced as well.
>>
>>1269061
The Airships are definitely the best so far of season 4.
First because airships, duh.
Second is because they basically added commodified information.
For example there’s local mail, which gets turned into regional mail, which gets turned into global mail, each one goving increasing bonuses depending on how far it travels.
You build a real network out of it.
Pretty neat. And pretty generous with the bonuses.
>>
>>1267263
There’s links to the Steam versions of the DLC in the user reviews section if you have it on Steam.
I think they are also having a sale now equal to the ubi store and epic store sales.
You can’t buy the complete edition however.
>>
https://anno-union.com/devblog-new-world-expansion-and-new-islands/
>>
>>1269409
Yes, it's at a 20% discount as well.
>>
File: ignoreTheLastOne.png (328 KB, 965x967)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
>>1269533
Actually that's the minimum, some are even boosted to 50%. Needless to say, I'm about to do shameful things with my finances
>>
>>1262704
>ecos sucked at making money
They also suck at conserving space. And recycling. "They need each other" was the message.
>>
File: 1623885066785.jpg (2.17 MB, 1920x1141)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB JPG
>>1269629
It's really hilarious to me how Ecos were the ones who needed to destroy the entire ecosystem of the Island in order to meet their needs, while the Tycoons were just chillin' with half of it.
I like 2070, but it really picked the wrong message because you are outright discouraged from being an enviromentalist. Pic related's concept is way more neat. I hope they do this from the ground up one day.
>>
>>1269633
Tycoon environment buildings are the strongest, but can't make the environment go above 0. Ecos can, and actually improve the "ecosystem".
>>
>>1266175
It was almost literally a Farmville game.
Nothing happens if you wish it, no pressure, just make the numbers go up!
>>
File: 1658379550932214.jpg (253 KB, 660x825)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>1269381
> The haciendas have much smaller farms. You can also produce fertilizer which acts similar to tractors and lets you make hyperefficient farms.
That will solve the space issue, praise the 9. Having to use trade unions for every single farm in the new world was fun at start to fit it all together but fiddeling with it just became so tedious. No room to build anything nice, you HAD to cram everything inside the radius.

> Lifestyle goods and commuter piers.
Sounds excellent. Setting up the routes to supply six full cities in the new world ate up ships, that ate up influence. Now it can all be centralised.

> Map extension.
I read about this, pretty clever how they achieve that. Might even play around with it on my old save before I move over.

>> 1269407
> Consumption rates and mail network.
There is already so much going on, the mail system sounds like more complexity for increased density. More workers in short.

Thanks for the "reviews" anons!
>>
File: FhY8TgsWIAAk7eW.jpg (697 KB, 2048x1634)
697 KB
697 KB JPG
>>1269690
>>1269407
Reply fix.

>>1269629
>>1269653
Sprinkle in some waste compactors and ozone makers and most of the polution was gone without thinking, untill you got the big +500 ecobalance thing. That plus nuclear plants and energy transfers allowed for the hellhole island to be created.

The return of modular single tile farmplots with 1800 instead if the stupid squares of previous iterations is a improvement and they should never revert back. It always led to wasted space.

>>1269633
Nothing like saving the enviroment by paving over the forests and wild nature with corn fields and dairy cows fields.

Are those seasons in the concept art?
>>
File: anno1800 coffee.jpg (3.64 MB, 3840x2160)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB JPG
>>1269482
sounds good to me, bring it on
>>
>>1269743
It's okay to admit that that 2070's farm plots triggered your autism. They were very not neat.
>>
>>1269743
>Are those seasons in the concept art?
No. That concept art was done for some Environmentalist Game contest, and while the DLC intended for it didn't use the mechanics, the idea is that you'd do a rogue-like city builder where you frequently bad end the island by overconsumption or not having diverse enough agriculture, but you learn some new things and then try again.

I dunno about the rogue-like aspect, but the idea of diverse building types is something I can get behind - as well as your city going full slum.
>>
>>1270207
They did use it, for the Eden Burning scenario. It was never intended to be a whole game or DLC.
>>
>>1270238
Not in full.
>>
>>1269482
I think Crown Falls was a mistake so I don't like them adding one for the New world
>>
>>1270596
Honestly, I get that. it completely removes the worries about space constraints. at the same time though I like these huge islands because I get to satisfy my metropolis autism
>>
>>1270647
>>1270596
I mean not only that but it has a metric ton of resources that make exporting to an industry island super easy. I'm convinced between crown falls and docklands both of them aren't needed.
>>
>your ship is under attack
>the fire has been vanquished

ffs
>>
>>1270596
Crown Falls being a massive hill was the biggest mistake. Makes everything look like shit.
>>
This game has been on my radar for a while and I saw it was on sale on the Epic store so I grabbed it, what DLCs do you guys think are worthwhile? A brief google search looks like Land of Lions, Docklands, and Seat of Power all came up repeatedly, are they generally considered the best of the bunch? I see this is like Cities: Skylines where there's a million different ones you can get.
>>
>>1270897
Almost all of DLC's are more or less good, it's just a question of where your city's hangups are.
>Sunken Treasure gives you a huge new island to build to your heart's content, also gives you a new way to discover museum/zoo artifacts
>Botanica is kinda eh, but more island-wide bonuses if you theme it right so that's cool
>The Passage was a terrible idea and its bonuses are crap, but if you really don't like railroads to your power plant then this is okay.
>Seat of Power gives you an island buffing palace
>Bright Harvest is agricultural focused and is arguably 100% mandatory
>Land of Lions has a terrible campaign due to way too much talking, but the academy bonuses are good
>Tourist Season gives you a new way to make money and buff your residents with restaurants
>High Life is Skyscrapers, increasing pop density massively
>Docklands is trade focused, and another that is arguably mandatory
>Seeds of Change is New World agriculture focused
>Empire of the Skies adds airships, expanding your trade options to avoid pesky ocean bottlenecks
And the next DLC will be New World focused again with a third pop tier. So try vanilla for a bit (but with Bright Harvest, no really, that's mandatory), and then see what you're interested in expanding. You don't really want to get too into the DLC's all at once, like the Arctic for example you need to stay away from because of how expensive it is to set up before you make a profit from it.
>>
>>1270906
Also you may note I dislike the Passage, but you can blame 2205 for making me sick of the Arctic biome. I'd really have preferred it to be Canada themed instead of Greenland themed.
>>
>>1270906
>>1270908
Thank you
>>
New player here, is anything above easy AI a race? I want to fight some naval battles for resources and stuff, but I'm really slow in deciding on what to do in this game and often switch gears midway.
>>
>>1270968
It's a bit of a race, but it's manageable. Typically you'll be buying resources from Archie so you can quickly claim interesting islands, even if you'll only start building on them at a much later point.
Medium AIs are fairly easy to pacify with gifts and compliments, so you shouldn't be going to war unless you want to.
Expert AI is much more aggressive and expansive, personally I don't enjoy playing them as I find it's too much. As the name suggests, it's best to wait until you have a good knowledge of production chains and layouts so you don't waste time getting what you need.
You will need to use a lot of resources towards the military, production chains you can completely bypass on easy/no AI, and while you can farm resources on pirate ships once you have a somewhat decent fleet, it will hinder your development.

On a personal note, I don't think anno is a very good/interesting wargame. War generally boils down to who has the better fleet (which makes sense, but there's no real strategy to it). Anno really shines as a citybuilder and management game, whereas playing it like a classic rts feels lacklustre. Still, try a game with maybe 1 medium AI and 1 Easy and see hot it goes. If you feel like the pressure is too high, you probably won't enjoy harder AIs
>>
>>1270968
>>1270990
Forgot to add, but obviously the AI cheats, you can't really deny them resources. Even if you conquer the entire new world they will still manage to get to higher pop tiers and get a decent fleet out of thin air
>>
>>1270990
>>1270993
I see, I've already read about some of this and the AI cheating in particular makes it kind of pointless to play against. I guess I'll just embrace comfy city building or do the AI mods remove cheats from AI? Although I don't think I can handle those.
>>
>>1270596
You can ignore Crown Falls because they AI can’t settle it iirc.
So you can ignore it on purpose if you want.
The only way they can take it is if you settle it then let them take it.
Makes me wonder what city layouts the AI would come up with for CF.
>>
>>1270968
1 star AI will never move to a new region until you do.
For 2 star and up they will move to the new world as soon as the AI reaches artisan level.
Upon reaching the new world it will then start a 2 hour timer for the AI before it can go to Africa.
None of the AI of any difficulty level will move to the Artic before you do, so you can prep/ leave it on the to do list as long as you want.
>>
Should I be spending more time in the first age before moving to workers? It seems like I don't have the capacity to support their additional needs or industries and I wind up in a huge deficit.
>>
>>1271413
No. Farmers barely provide any income. You'll get more money by providing Workers (and Artisans) with beer.
>>
>>1271413
>>1271424
This. If anything, artisan rhum is when you'll start making real money.
Until then sell soap to Elie, he buys it at a huge upmark and you'll probably be producing it in excess either way
>>
>>1261934
i wish the AI actually played like it used to in 1404/1701
even if its bad, having AI islands that have actual needs and demands of its population would be so fucking fun
i remember in 1701 having a monopoly on a resource and using it to fuck with the AI
>>
File: 1345832029955.jpg (12 KB, 105x111)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1271548
But why does he need all that soap?
>>
>>1271572
To wash the filth from this earth
>>
>>1271040
Is there any equation over how fast the AI levels up? Last game I rushed artisans to near bankruptcy and yet still ran into one of the new world islands already settled by Von Malding.
>>
>>1271572
His prisoners keep dropping it
>>
>>1271684
the only constant seems that they will always be one level ahead of you no matter what
>>
>>1271684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRIIqMwEEiw
>>
>>1271696
>Expect a long drawn out 30 minute video
>3 minutes
Anno 1800 is so good it even neuters jewtube kikery.
>>
rate my crawn falls
>>
>>1271708
thanks for pointing this out I fully assumed and wouldn't have bothered otherwise.
>>
>>1263264
no one?
>>
>>1271827
Overdeveloped.
>>
>>1271871
Nope. Besides the spice it up compilation mod.
>>
>>1271871
>>1263264
This isn't a Paradox game. The game is good on its own.
>>
>>1269071
Why is this game so thirsty? Are there really that many more calculations going on compared to previous games?
>>
>>1271827
Need more angles, but looking mostly alright.
>>
>>1272376
Wirth's law. More computing power means they can have a sirful intern do what once required a competent programmer to properly optimize.
>>
>>1272376
Just installed a new processor and ram just to play this shit. At least it is good shit.
>>
>>1261934
>Annochads, how we feeling?
The Last Anno I enjoyed was 1404.So pretty good.
>>
At what point do you guys start fishing for items and reorganizing to take advantage of trade union/town hall/harbormaster?
>>
>>1272742
I'll fish for fashion designer so that I can avoid making cotton and to keep fur coat production all in one place.
Otherwise it's not until investors where you have the money to really be fishing.
>>
>>1269071
really? i have 16gb ddr4 and it runs fine with multiple islands and a big crown falls
>>
>>1269071
I haven't had issues with 16GB RAM but I do get a slight memory leak that compounds over 6 or 7 hours
>>
>>1271871
I haven't played with mods yet, I want to wait until I've played all the official content first. But some of the mods I've been considering using are all of jje1000's cosmetic mods, Jakob's Collection (especially upgradeable workers/artisans), New World Docklands, and the Wholesome Hacienda Overhaul (https://github.com/Taludas/WholesomeHaciendaHaul)
>>
https://anno-union.com/twitch-drops-new-world-rising/
>>
>>1273245
everytime the same
>>
>>1273133
The only one I play with is the instant expeditions one, I just wanna start in crown falls as I wanna build a megacity each year. But I only play once a year after this season of DLC. I'm looking forward to starting again in January.
>>
>>1271827
>anno 1930
>>
The problem with Anno 1800 is that is attempts to pull
>colonialism is actually good and peaceful thing
It was especially disguisting with the africa DLC.
The wokeness feels out of place. 1800s were not woke, colonialism was "cilivizing them dirty savages" not being friends with them.
Capitalism was brutal in 1800s not nice and clean and all.
And communism/socialsim was ultimately a reaction to that brutality.
What they did is that they attempted to smooth the rough edges and the game as a result feels only halfway authentic.
>>
Is this game actually good? What I'm looking for is basically exactly what I did in 1404
>turn off enemies
>turn off pirates
>spend all game just comfily building up
Only thing I kinda disliked were the transports between islands because it was hard to get the right number of resources
>>
>>1273245
Great. I get to spend three hours ignoring twitch streamers tomorrow.
>>
>>1273937
It's great, perfect if you want to play like that.
>>
>>1273929
Reddit is down the hall and to the left. Without colonialism Africa would still be in the iron age.
>>
>>1274122
Nothing in that post is arguing otherwise. Portraying colonialism as a peaceful process where everybody joined hands and got together and built globohomo in peace and happiness is nonsense.
>>
>>1273929
>>1274132
You are missing the point of Anno and city builders in general. It isn't meant to be a historical recreation of the harsh realities of human history, and never was. It merely takes inspiration on the esthetic and technology of a given time period.
The game never makes the claim of historical accuracy or pretends that this is how things really happened
>>
>>1274132
Sorry the videogame with flame ships of the not illuminati doesn't portray the conquest of the real nation of Embessa correctly.
>>
>>1272376
It's running both Steam and Ubisoft Connect Overlays.
That's 2 (two) instances of chromium loaded in the background.
If you turn Steam overlay off, and set Ubi Connect to Offline mode it helps the framerates tremendously.

>>1273929
>>1274132
The series was always "disneyfied" and never historically accurate.
In the year 1404 The Orient was either the (dying) Byzantine Empire or the Crusader-Bowl.
But in Anno 1404 they're portrayed as the land of friendly Disney Aladdin cosplayers.

>And communism/socialism was ultimately a reaction to that brutality. (of colonialism)
No it wasn't.
Communism was strictly a European thing, which was only spread to other countries through state sponsorships.
Same as how the US got absolutely stuffed with enlightenment ideology because their main sponsor during their revolt was France.

A revolt in and of itself is reactionary, the gommunism or whatever ideological branding it wears is ultimately just a sponsorship.
>>
https://anno-union.com/updates/anno-1800-game-update-16/
>>
File: 1604456195550.jpg (220 KB, 1896x1200)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
Does anyone know what characters have questlines in the game?
I know for sure the Anarchist guys has one because it's mentioned in the achievements.
I've also heard Silva, Jorgenson, and Qing each have questlines.
Are their any more?

Is it true that it takes like 20 generic quests for their main questlines to start?
I would love information on the questlines and names but I couldn't find anything anywhere online.
>>
I hate the arctic and I hate africa so fucking much
what shit additions to the game
>>
>>1263073
'Anno 1900 (-1)' when
>>
>>1274224
>The series was always "disneyfied"
1602 wasn't, not sure about 1503 or 1701. It even has black slaves collecting your sugar and cotton.
>>
>>1273937
Yes, you can do all that in this game. You can also see how long it takes for buildings to produce a good, so you can calculate the ratios of the steps in the production chains without having to look it up. There's also a statistics screen you can open with Ctrl+Q to see how many goods per minute you need to provide an island with.
>>
>>1274296
>so you can calculate the ratios of the steps in the production chains without having to look it up
BASED, you know how to tickle my "2.3 woodcutters for every 3.7 sawmills" autism
>>
>>1274243
They already said they would drop the # requirement if need be FYI.
>>
>>1274297
Aye, and the production buildings will also tell you how fast it takes them to make something so even with trade union shenanigans you can still get rough calculations of how much you're making
>>
>>1271942
>>1272378
i put the skyscrapers on the islands
>>
>>1274237
>Changed the wording of the button in the DLC overview screen in the main menu from “Activate DLC” to “Redeem a Key” to address feedback
sirs?
>>
>>1274308
lvl 5 skyscrapers look so shit (just like in real life), lvl 3 and below are cool.
What's the optimal layout to maximize panorama effect on them? I read something about same level investor and engineer skyscraper is considered +1 for the investor?
>>
File: 99.jpg (217 KB, 1585x792)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>1274308
>what if I ONLY had skycrapers by the waterfront
Dude, you need to learn to have varied neighborhoods if you want shit to look nice. See the smaller buildings here in the forefront? Yeah, that makes things look better instead of a sudden wall of skyscrapers.
>>
>restart over and over again until there's a nice selection of aesthetic islands
>new world looks like shit
sasuga
>>
>>1274439
New world islands always look like shit. I don't know what the devs were thinking.
>>
Feels like there's so much shit to do, every time I make it to engineers I'm flooded with expeditions and other shit. I have zero clue what's important and what ain't.
>>
>>1274469
The only one that's really important is the New World expedition. The Enbesa expedition and the Cape Trelawney expedition aren't as important, but you may want to do them sooner rather than later to claim islands before the AI does (assuming you're playing with 2-star AI or higher). If you leave it for later, you're still guaranteed at least one island per those regions as part of their quest lines. The Arctic expedition is the least important as the AI can't settle there before you go there and complete the questline. Any other expedition is just for random items, and can be safely ignored.
>>
What real life skyscrapers were built in 1800?
>>
>>1274568
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masonic_Temple_(Chicago)
>>
>>1274589
>1892
>>
>>1274590
>1800 means it's set in 1800 and not the 1800s
>The year 1800 famously known for the invention of the Battlecruiser, Rigid Airship, Telephone and the Automobile.
>>
>>1274595
>1800 means it's set in 1800 and not the 1800s
Yeah
>>
>>1274596
Has your autism been diagnosed already?
>>
>>1274598
Yeah
>>
>>1274469
>>1274483
You're expected to build up a backlog of ordinary expeditions, just pick and choose from them when you desire a specific item. As for the regions, if you got to engineers chances are you already past the "rush artisan and New Worlds" phase and that place should be stable.

For Enbesa I suggest completely ignore the storyline, build up to mud bricks so you can claim the other islands you want, and then leave it on the backburner until you have time to slog through the 3000 "We wuz kingz" text boxes that make up its quests.

The Crown Falls region is just another Old Worlds so the only rush is to send your ship to scout out additional regular islands with any resources you're missing and settle them with the resources from your super island, at which point you can either develop it as a new main island or completely ignore it.

Ignore building the DLC tourist stuff until you have a attractive island and you can go investors with resources left over. They're really bitchy about conditions and will be a resource sink of fur coats and they like until their infrastructure is ready
>>
>>1274781
What the fuck

Did your enter key

Ever do

to you?
>>
>>1274838
I don't do the double space reddit spacing but I also type one sentence per line
I guess it's a habit from spending most of my life writing messages on IM
>>
>>1274843
Learn to use paragraphs again. Holy shit is that bullshit hard to read.
>>
I love the video sequences in 1602
>>
Is there any chance of this ever being on Steam or should I just pirate it?
>>
>>1274898
It's being put back on Steam in literally 4 days
>>
>>1274903
kek I can't believe I am at once this retarded and this lucky
>>
>>1274904
You still have to install ubisoft's client to play it
>>
>>1274908
I'll get over it, I was fine with Driver San Fran doing it. I just like to have all my games in one hoard
>>
>Have to listen to the autistic german streamers to get the ornaments I'll never use
>>
>>1274920
>not just putting the quality at 160p, muting the stream, and doing something else

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.