[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 108 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>they're still making DLC for Civ VI
where is Civ VII, leaders don't even get new music
>>
>>1261096
What meaningful changes would Civ 7 even do that Civ 6 doesn't, or couldn't with more updates?
>>
>>1261168
it could be an essentially different game with different mechanics and art direction while keeping the theme
VI has a lot of weird min-max feature bloat with the various currencies, adjacencies and policy cards. You could build a game with similar ideas but different implementations without just bolting on more features the AI doesn't understand. Also hexes are gay
>>
>>1261096
Workforce is probably dancing on Tik Tok right now, will get to the game later.
>>
>>1261234
Facebook boomer tier comment
>>
>>1261096
>six years later
>they are adding shit that should have been in the base game
>no Napoleon
Fuck these faggots holy shit
>>
File: ancient Egyptians.jpg (3.38 MB, 1936x2568)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB JPG
Anyone who missed the full list:
>Abraham Lincoln
>Ana Mbande
>Elizabeth
>Ramesses II
>Ludwig II
>Julius Caesar
>Theodora
>Nadir Shah
>Sundiata Keita
>Wu Zetian
>Tokugawa Ieyasu
>Sejong
>>
>Ana Mbande
>Ludwig II
>Nadir Shah
Why are these devs so obsessed with literal whos?
>>
>>1261255
>Elizabeth shows up last minute so her perfect streak isn't broken
kind of annoyed that didn't opt for an Anglo-Saxon leader, and France got totally screwed because it still doesn't have a proper leader
>>
>>1261257
These are all better picks than their current leaders
>>
>>1261238
Come on, you know as well as I do the site's average user age range is like 35-45 now. I'm 36 myself. Look at >>1261192 using "gay" as an insult, that's a dead middle age giveaway.

>>1261168
I have a bad feeling they want to space it out a while longer before we get Civ 7. For reference, the space between Civ V and 6 was six years (2010-2016), and going by this the space between 6 and 7 will be eight years, presuming a 2024 release.

>>1261257
My guess is doing the same guys every time would be boring, even if they're famous, so props for shaking it up a little. Ludwig II at least built a really pretty castle so I suspect he'll get a bonus or unique improvement related to that.
>>
>>1261280
>using "gay" as an insult, that's a dead middle age giveaway.
fug I'm not that old yet

Not very sold by the idea of new leaders anyway. Most of the budget goes on the animated leader so I always figured it made the most sense to just do the whole thing for an extra civ. And keeping the dlc going probably means the modders will never get the dll source code. The NFP leaders had cut corners, let's see if they do that again
>>
>>1261257
>Why are these devs so obsessed with literal whos?
I guess that's the point, making a historical figure to be remembered and recognizable in today's modern age.
>>1261096
also what kind of huge major gameplay gimmick that CIV 7 should have that CIV 6 doesn't? CIV 6 gameplay is already perfect and doesn't need a sequel, adding more leaders to the game is the only reasonable decision by this point
>>
>>1261257
Ludwig II makes sense as a pick. He's plays into culture mechanics perfectly
>patronized Wagner and saved his career
Bonuses to great persons
>designed and built a shit ton of palaces and castles from his own pocket
Bonuses to great works
>The lasting legacy of his reign is the tourism his castles and palaces bring, which is the single largest industry in bavaria
The tourism mechanic is literally how you win a cultural victory
Ana is there because Africa has to get something
Nadir Shah is a weird ass pick though, given the wealth of options they can pull from the classical persians, the sassinids, the safavids, even fucking Timur
I don't know what compelled them to chose Nadir
>>
>>1261371
The best decision for end users is giving modders full access rather than continuous money generation through live service. The only thing Firaxis can add at this point is high production value to leaders but loads of people end up turning off animated leaderheads anyway
>>
>>1261096
Is Elizabeth just going to lean into Francis Drake-style play?
>>
>>1261696
Elizabeth's leader ability thing might lean more into expansion and settling, given how England weirdly already has the Sea Dog unit
>>
>>1261707
>Elizabeth's leader ability thing might lean more into expansion and settling
Victoria already does that. She's one of the best in the game for precisely that. We lack a leader who can make lategame privateering valuable. Norway does it early, Ottos sweep a coastline in a single turn, and England...has higher combat stats?
>>
File: firaxis.png (260 KB, 563x542)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>1261096
hold still while we milk every penny of you
>>
>>1261762
Civ DLC gives great efficiency in dollars per hour in my experience. They haven't put out a DLC for over a year, probably just making some simple content while 7 cooks.
>>
Elizabeth is going to be old, pox scar ridden, kind of bloated elizabeth rather than the young elizabeths we got before
>>
>>1261813
Good, young Victoria is cringe.
>>
>>1261815
Take that back
>>
>>1261255
I like Wu, Nadir and Theo. Missed her, but lmao work on civ 7 already firaxis
>>
>>1261833
This was made because Civ 7 had delays so they needed something to show fans they were still working
You can tell because the trailer has no budget lmao
https://youtu.be/luWyFMwgQoc
>>
>>1261840
is that a fucking goanimate video
>>
>>1261840
KEK
>we want the Newgrounds audience
>>
>>1261840
At least it's cute lizzy instead of old lizzy
>>
>>1261096
>Theodora
Why do they do this shit?
>>1261257
>>Ludwig II
One of most important german rulers of all time and the beginning of a continuous german state.
>>
>>1261255
looks like Julius Caesar got axed
>>
>>1261855
>Why do they do this shit
She's hot, was in previous games, and is popular enough people won't sperg
>One of most important german rulers of all time and the beginning of a continuous german state
The only things he did was be nice to peasants and build castles
I don't hate him but come on now, I'd much rather have Otto I or Frederick the Sicilian if we were to have an 'underrepresented' ruler
>>
>>1261856
No, it adds up
12 new leaders in the pass and 12 new leaders in the leak
What's missing is the 6 personas in the pass, which could be anyone. They could slap a funny hat on Tomyris and call her Regal Tomyris and call it a day
>>
>>1261840
>British flag in India, Kenya, Finland, Antarctica, and 3 off the map
>Elizabeth
>No Britain on the map
>Caribbean doesn't even exist
I...
>>
File: list.jpg (39 KB, 384x857)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1261860
the list is up, caesar is kill
>>
>>1261862
>5 leaders of china
lmao
>>
>chinks get six gorrillion leaders
>sweden is stuck with its shitty joke of a leader
>>
>>1261870
To be fair, Sweden has only like three good picks (Gustavus, Charles 'Protestant Jihadist' XI, and Carolus)
Outside of that time period, Sweden was completely irrelevant
Personally I think they should have just pulled Christian II for both Norway and Sweden
>>
>>1261872
so pick at least one of them, chinks didn't need to have a special pack just for them with all those new leaders when other civs are still stuck with weak meme picks
>>
you get it for free* if you already own all the previous dlc
>>
not interested unless they release the dll so modders can make more advanced mods that can fix the problems firaxis refuses to addr
>>
>>1261901
address*
>>
>>1261862
"We want the Chinese audience."
>>
>>1261443
>Nadir Shah is a weird ass pick though, given the wealth of options they can pull from the classical persians, the sassinids, the safavids, even fucking Timur
>I don't know what compelled them to chose Nadir
Because they were aiming for someone OTHER than ancient history for Persia. And he's literally the best pick you can get for the area after, say, 500 AD
Of course the end result is Alex-tier masturbation to a great military conqueror and ABYSMAL administrator, so go fucking figure.

Still better than Kristina. I mean she's the "golden" standard of terrible pick and so far nothing dethroned her.
>>
>>1261870
>>1261872
>china has a trillion year history
>sw*den spent most of it's time living in dirt and raiding other defenseless dirt people
Yeah, so many leaders to choose from the glorious civilization known as sweden lol
>>
>>1261922
>And he's literally the best pick you can get for the area after, say, 500 AD
Khosaru, Ismail, Abbas the Great, FUCKING TIMMY
>>
File: alfred.jpg (8 KB, 194x259)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>Elizabeth again
Just let England use one of our many male leaders for once. Even her dad would make a change for once.
>>
File: chinkcel.png (252 KB, 1600x900)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>1261931
tell us all about your glorious trillion year history, zhang
>>
>>1261941
Sorry bro the English should have had less shit male rulers if they didn't want to constantly be represented by females
Elanor was superfluous though and should have been someone else
>>
>>1261840
KEK they gave this trailer to some executives special needs kid, over for Civ fags
>>
>>1261886
cool since its still on sale but I dont expect much value in this and the trailer is a bad sign
>no new music
>no new infrastructure
>cheap models with reused animations
Calling it
>>
>>1261952
Eleanor should have been Henry II, Eleanor was just some Stacy who divorce raped her beta husband over half his kingdom.
>>
They said it was included with Anthology. What if we already have everything?
>>
>>1262028
you get it for free
>>
>>1262041
Cool. Thanks anon
>>
>>1262044
N
>>
>great negotiators
>Lincoln
>the same Lincoln that refused to negotiate and attacked the South just because he wanted to keep it subjugated, no matter the cost
>>
>>1262106
General Lee lost.
>>
>>1262106
They are all tarded.
Why is Theodora the great builder when it was Justinian that built the St. Sofia?
>>
>>1261948
t. sub 80 IQ moron
>>
>>1262132
unfortunately
>>
I've never played a Civilization game but I'm getting the itch to try one. Which should I play?
>>
>>1262151
>>
>>1262151
6 is the best* except the AI is so brain dead it ruins the entire game
>>
>>1262151
Civ 2 -> SMAC -> Civ 3 -> Civ 4
>>
>>1262151
Civ 5 is the braindead game perfect for babies.
Move on to Civ 6 or 4 when you get tired of it and SMAC when you want to play perfection.
>>
>>1262165
Civ 6 is even more braindead than 5 since the AI is even less capable. On top of not knowing how to play with 1UPT, it also has no idea what to do about the new district system.
>>
>>1262106
Vgh, the beautiful prolapsed anuses of southern black bucks... what could have been.
>>
>>1262106
>negotiate
Negotiate what? The South shelled Fort Sumter.
>>
>>1262133
They always treated them as one entity. Theodora never ruled to begin with so they always give her bonuses inspired by stuff Justinian did.
>>
File: 1409418717137.jpg (105 KB, 900x900)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>1262173
It's even more pathetic when the highest difficulty setting they just give the AI more headstart rather than making them just a bit smarter than King level.
>>
>>1262019
>in b4 not even animated/voiced, just still images like scenario-only leaders
I'm probably wrong but lol if I'm right
>>
File: Cleo.png (2.25 MB, 1500x1500)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
>>1262019
>>1262466
It'd be pretty disappointing if Ptolemaic Cleopatra doesn't speak Greek fr fr no cap.
>>
>>1262469
Doesn't the Anglo/Frog cunt speak both Olde English and Maturated French depending on the nation?
>>
>>1261862
If Theodora is even half as hot as she is in Civ 5 then I will have to retire the Bulgar Slayer.
>>
>>1262483
I believe Eleanor speaks Occitan all the time. Catherine de Medici switches between French and Italian though.
>>
File: faggot.png (49 KB, 193x153)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>1261280
>>
>>1262469
She definitely won't because that would require a new actress who speaks Greek + syncing animations to the dialogue
>>
>>1262486
They better make her speak Latin this time around.
>>
>>1262486
Btw did Theo have massive milkers irl? This is important for historicity, after all Justinian did everything to marry her.
>>
>>1262132
Great song though
>>
>>1262557
It's questionable
Slanders painted a picture of theodora having breats so large that you could fuck her nipples, but that same source describes Justinian ripping his own head off and running around his palace at night spewing fire
Given she was a prostitute before becoming an empress, it's not that far fetched for her to have large breasts, but we simply don't have enough reliable sources on it
>>
>>1262134
kek I'd probably seethe too if I was a soft yellow manlet living in the west
>>
>>1262569
>Slander
>Breasts so large that you could fuck her nipples
The seething incel that wrote the Secret History doesn't know how slander works.
>>
File: venus.png (1.19 MB, 1280x1920)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>1262587
Roman were smoll tits enjoyer and rejected cowtits.
>>
>>1261933
>Khosaru
Oh wow, a stalemate war with Byzboob, much achievements!
>Ismail
And none of his achievements lasted
>Abbas the Great
Point taken.
>>
>>1262587
Med women are chestlets on average, especially with the diets back then. Large tits were a barbarian thing so they associated it with being an uncouth subhuman.
>>
Is CIV 6 worth it? Huge discount right now but it looks like a mobile game and Im unsure.

t. civ2/civ3 enjoyer
>>
>>1262676
It's okay.
>>
>>1262676
People keep saying it "looks like a mobile game" when it's basically in-line with every prior title except V, whose leader models aged like dogshit
Mechanically and content-wise the full package is similar to but more refined than its predecessor, every feature except religion (nearly identical to V) and world congress (confusing and stupid) has been improved
There are mods which change the color saturation and texture of tiles if the base game is too vibrant or simple for your taste
>>
>>1262670
Barbarians would have poorer diet and as a result, less fat to be stored on breasts.
>>
File: jaypeg.jpg (818 KB, 1920x1080)
818 KB
818 KB JPG
but what the fuck do they do firaxis
>>
>>1262695
>Lincoln looks like a disheveled hobo in a clean suit
Appropriate.
>>
>>1261168
possibly it could be a good game
>>
>>1261255
wrong.
https://civilization.com/news/entries/new-leaders-coming-to-civilization-vi/
>>
>>1262694
They consumed a lot more meat, milk and cheeses. It's something both Greek and Roman authors note when talking about the northern barbarians.
>>
>>1262719
Did they note the barbarian boobies too?
>>
>>1262728
Too busy writing about manly barbarian men.
>>
File: 1668625423445.jpg (695 KB, 1078x1082)
695 KB
695 KB JPG
Why are they so fucking skinny?
>>
>>1262744
Firxis listened to the complaints of everyone being too fat or chubby and sent all leaders on a diet.
>>
>>1262744
Lincoln is historically accurate, man was a physical anomaly
Saladin looks that way already, he's just wearing armor instead of robes so it stands out
I couldn't tell you anything about Nzinga
>>
>>1262692
World congress is a lot better than in fucking Civ5, simply because resolutions are replaced with every new meeting unlike in Civ5 where a banned luxury would force you to obsessively try to unban it while the AI just passes more bullshit.

>>1262744
>>1262695
Lincoln looks terrible, he had very rough skin and a face like the missing link, in these he looks like a 20 something wearing a costume. Very sloppy and low quality and this mbzanana KANG is just BLM niggress fuck these tards and fuck this shitty DLC.
>>
>>1262744
Better than FAT. Also Lincoln was skinny wasn't he?
>>
>>1262800
not particularly, the stovepipe made him look that way though
>>
very gaunt face though, i'll give you that
>>
>>1262804
Thank you, but I prefer my far less gaunt face
>>
I have the game, I buy it when it was in offer on the NS

I think they should add more relevant figures. like Adolf...
>>
>>1261192
I'm fearful that another roll of the dice would lead to another Frankenstein's monster like Civ 5 was. I hope they keep more than they lose.
>>
>>1262744
GOOD! I'll finally get a black woman I can fap to. No more pudgeballs.
>>
>>1261862
>>England
>Elizabeth I
Sigh, again? I know she's unique for being a ginge minge but we never get Alfred, Edward, William, Henry, George...
>Hardrada
Fucking why? So they can reuse him? He came to England and died. He had zero claim beyond the point of a sword.
If you want another multi-ruler, AND for Norway specifically, you have Canute. He's not unknown either and has a stupid meme about telling the sea to go back!

Why is the Civ series allergic to giving male leaders to England? You have to go back to 4 to get one and yet it's, again, Elizabeth and Victoria, the two rulers who were famous for inheriting a functional realm.
>>
>>1261267
Sorry anon, French leaders are too male, you can't have Napoleon or Louis. You can't even have Charley to share with Germany.
>>
>>1262911
>Fucking why? So they can reuse him?
literally yes, that's the reason. cheapo reskin, he's not going to be usable with England anyway (probably)
>>
>>1262953
>he's not going to be usable with England anyway (probably)
I think you're right and he's just under the England category because it's more marketable than saying North Sea rulers or England-and-the-literally-who-nation. No offence, Norwegians, but America's never heard of you.
>>
>>1261168
I want a round world already. Default zoom all the way in and out. The free camera mod doesn't wok anymore and I never got to use it.
>>
bought the base game 90% off steam, played 30 mins, got bored
>>
>>1261862
nader shah hype, underrated choice
>>
>>1262911
>Why is the Civ series allergic to giving male leaders to England?
It's because Queen Elizabeth II was so iconic across the globe everyone was associating England with a female monarch. Now that Charles is king this'll change in a few years.
>>
>>1263116
I shall welcome the United Republic of England, and the old senile git be sent to work in some quarry in Wales.
>>
File: WHY WHY WHY.png (139 KB, 251x200)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>1261862
>3 (THREE) separate chinese leaders
>>
>>1263124
China Numba Wan
>>
>>1261255
Nzinga Mbande at least makes sense for a female leader of a country that is already in the game. Which is more than 60% of the meme female leaders these games get.
>>
>>1262106
I bet you think a good US negotiator would just let Putin take all of the old USSR back
>>
>>1263176
Yeah, having a strong Russia would put pressure on western basedciety and, specifically, force Europe to abandon its retirement home policies and do away with KGB psyops like the greens in the face of an eastern threat.
All American supremacy does is empower niggers and leftists, we need a new enemy against whom we have to compete.
>>
>>1263193
>a new enemy against whom we have to compete.
Huh, what about that powerful east asian state that has been conducting subversive actions on foreign western soil and featured on movies and video games as antagonists, the nefarious North Korea.
>>
>>1263193
>KGB psyops like the greens
Greens are the most hawkish political party these days and a few steps away from calling genocide on all Russians. The fuck, are you on about?
>>
>>1263124
England gets 4. Why shouldn't China?

How many greek leaders are we up to? 4 as well?
>>
>>1263211
I think he's referring to the Greens in Germany being responsible for dismantling nuclear reactors which resulted in Germany being even more dependent on Russian gas and resorting to coal as stopgap. Some would connect the dots.
>>
>>1262106
>"""subjugated"""
You can't just leave when you lose a vote. That's not democracy.
>>
>>1263223
>Greens in Germany being responsible for dismantling nuclear reactors
This was entirely done by the Christian Democrats in a coalition with the Social Democrats. Greens had been an opposition party between 2005 and 2021.
>which resulted in Germany being even more dependent on Russian gas
Again, something that was entirely facilitated by the Christian Democrats under Merkel. The Greens were the only party opposed to the Nordstream pipelines out of a number of reasons.
>>
>>1263231
I should've worded that properly, but they were the most forefront on anti-nuclear stance.
>>
>>1263235
That is very true. But they're also on the forefront of a lot of other retarded topics which get ignored by most.
>>
>>1263238
Being short sighted reactionaries harmed their cause, sadly.
>>
File: 1667039442571.png (12 KB, 374x135)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>they're STILL making dumb reclothed leaders
AHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>1261096
Mbande didn't rule or even belongg to Kongo, she was Queen of her own realms in the territory in modern day Angola.
If I'm not mistaken she even had some disputes with the Kongo Kingdom.

That's some good shoehorning right there.
>>
>>1263124
>Timeless civilization relevant at every point in human history gets 3 leaders
>The complaint here is somehow that they have too many
White hands.
>>
>>1263305
I think they wanted to reuse the Kongo civ attributes for gameplay reasons. We'll have to see how well her kit synergizes with Kongo.
>>
>>1263305
She wuz a member of the kongo tribe
Also Matthias Corvinus should be the leader of Romania instead if hungary
>>
>>1263305
Arr Africans rook the same.
>>
>>1263308
Implessive.
>>
>>1263305
>Eamon de Valera leads England
do it firaxis
>>
File: Caesar bonus.jpg (369 KB, 2514x1391)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>1262716
lol
>>1261856
>>1261862
good news
>>
>>1263305
According to a map I found she owned the (modern borders of) western Congo.
Though I'm willing to be sceptical because people like to overstate actual control of most kingdoms (such as the Angevins controlling all of the British isles... somehow). It doesn't help that there's a lot of modern reimagining of her for what looks like nationalist and (American) feminist reasons.

She does deserve to be in a Civ game for being a female leader who actually did something and was based due to being a slaver queen, a conqueror, and her one crowning ritual involving drinking human blood and rubbing on the oil of a slaughtered infant, aka cannibalism and infanticide. Oh and her harem of male concubines she forced to wear women's clothes and call her King. She's basically more of a man than /vst/, or most female Civ leader picks, will ever be.
>>
>>1263469
What a weird Julius
>>
>>1261168
actual AI
>>
>>1263469
that model is fucking horrendous
>llnk account
no
>>
>>1263469
Looks like beady eyed British soccer commentator who frequented Cambodia for pleasure business
>>
>>1263469
>Hair
Not getting it.
>>
>Abe Lincoln's ability causes 'friction' in your empire
oh lawd
>>
>>1263469
>Receive a Wildcard policy slot the first time you capture an opposing capital. Receive 200 Gold whenever you conquer a city for the first time or 100 Gold when you clear a Barbarian Outpost. These Gold amounts increase to 500 after you research Steel.
Welp on November 21st I will play the ultimate warmonger game.
>>
>>1262976
They had that in civ iv actually iirc.
Not sure why they didn't implement that again. Was a cool feature
>>
>>1263538
That wildcard bonus wasn't in the stream they just did so I wonder if it got nerfed before release
>>
>>1263469
Time to teach those Gauls a lesson.
>>
File: 1652461194990.gif (47 KB, 316x400)
47 KB
47 KB GIF
>>1262695
The recent lefty dev obsession of Nzinga Mbande (Paradox made a loading screen for her in EU4) is funny, considering that she fought against Portugal to take control of the slave trade. Not to end it. This African Qween wanted to gain enough power to sell other African slaves to the highest bidder.
>>
File: 1.jpg (954 KB, 1308x1222)
954 KB
954 KB JPG
>>1263469
still kept the reactions when Gauls were announced
now we can recreated Mission Cleopatra, noice
>>
>>1263557
Recreate*
can't type
>>
>>1263554
civfanatics were pushing her as leader of Kongo like 10 years ago I think, surprised me they didn't do it initially
last time I went there they were asking for all kinds of literal who women for leaders, they have no taste man
>>
When did they private the Spain video? Had to find a game spot video to sub in.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzmv7c2oI4GKjkELmJvXJqG3_6l5VBh7n
>>
>>1263557
>add Gauls
>the leader isn't even a Gaul
bravo firaxis
>>
>>1263563
Are they still pushing for the Inuit civ? Civfanatics used to be a nice place but they really went off the deep end around Gods&Kongs.
>>
>>1263565
many such cases
>Arabs led by a Kurd
>Egypt led by a Greek
>France led by an Italian
>India led by an alien
>>
>>1263565
Ambiorox was a Gaul though.
>>
>>1263569
I think they got cucked by Firaxis adding Canada as the snow civ
>>
>>1263569
I mean I would love Inuit, but that's only because I like their culture and would love to have a civ that can do something snow and ice tiles even in early game.
Not every civ has to be someone important and with CIV6 they already did establish they're going for more gimmicky and interesting personality leaders/civs and if you want something basic, you already have options with things like Rome, China or England.

Kinda' wish that even after Leader pack we'll get some 'lesser civs' like Inuit, Venice/Vatican and Hawaii, but I can see why people would rather just have Napoleon or actually competent Sweden leader.
>>
What classic civs form older games are we still missing?
>>
>>1263571
All of those people at least ruled over their respective civs.
>>1263574
He was Belgae, Caesar himself acknowledged them as a different people to Gauls. He ruled over his own tribe, not Gauls.
>>
>>1263577
Babylon
>>
>>1263554
And? Where is the problem in her having slaves? This is a civ game, not a daycare.
>>
>>1263577
the game is missing a true Injun faction, the Cree are a poor substitute
>>
>>1263593
can't believe israel isn't a civ yet
>>
>>1263571
Kurds aren't real, take your meds
>>
>>1263582
Babylon is in
>>
>>1263604
I guess we've got everyone then except for one-off civs like the Austrians, Hittites or Huns.
>>
>>1262911
>He had zero claim beyond the point of a sword.
he was the heir of the legitimate king (magnus the good who was the heir of harthacnut), godwinson was a usurper in every way
>>
Perhaps I'm overestimating but caesar seems Bolicar tier broken
Merely capturing a few barbarian camps can set you well above the curve in the early game, and the fact that the bonus scales into the mid game instead of falling off like Trajan will give him a lot of longevity that most early game civs don't have
I still don't know if the wildcard thing is true or not but if it is he's probably the best dom civ
>>
My bet
>loyalty penalties
>West Point building that spews great general points
>extra dark age cards (emancipation proclimation, suspen habeas corpus)
>bonuses during emergencies
>>
>>1261168
A completely different game anon. Are you under the impression that Civ VI is a direct progression from its predecessors? I like VI but I liked V, and I liked IV, and so on and so forth. A new game with separate mechanics but in the vein of Civilization is what fans of the series always want.
>>
>>1263643
Civ is a two step incremental series. 1&2, 3&4, 5&6. These pairings always share quite a few core compenents and gameplay styles. I don't like 6, but the fact that every third game is completely different is kind of exciting.
>>
>>1263645
I expect it will be less different than that, assuming Ed Beach is designing it as well
>>
>>1263645
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. If I'm being honest however I very highly doubt that we will see those kinds of changes. Civ has never been as profitable as it is now, and the original talent that existed is gone. The state of the industry is entirely different now. I just don't see how it can possibly turn it around to be honest, there is no incentive nor experience to make a stellar and inventive style anymore imo
>>
>can't build Hagia Sophia on hills
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>1263614
>be Harold
>wait until King dies
>hey guys, should I be King?
>ye and verily

>be William
>wait until King dies
>wtf how dare they elect their countryman as the next King! Time to stab someone!

>be Harald
>wait until King dies
>wtffff, Canute was related to me somehow if you go back 15 generations, and even though I fought against him, that's my land because he had it at one point! Time to stab everyone including my countrymen!
Zero. Claim.
Ignore all viking posts. Hide all viking posts. Deport all viking posters to Iceland.
>>
>>1263571
>Canada led by a Quebecois
>India led by anyone other than a Muslim or Brit
I accept Britain being led by a frog or germ, as is tradition, but I just cannot accept these two.
>>
>>1263469
How many people did you kill in Gaul?
>>
>>1263892
Yes.
>>
>>1263791
William had assurance from Edward that he was heir and had his claim confirmed by the pope, who England still obeyed at this time
Hardrada had a blood claim due to his descendancy from Cnut, a claim derived from a treaty Hathacnut, then King of England and Magnus, then King of Norway, had signed, which stipulated that should Hathacnut die childless England would pass on to Magnus and his line, which he did, and was invited by Tostig to take the throne
The Witan's ability to elect kings was extremely shaky and unfounded, there is little evidence that it was analog to the electors of the HRE and more evidence that it was a cermonial ritual to acknowledge the King more than anything, Harold had the weakest claim of all
>>
>>1261762
It's free, dumb frog poster.
>>
>>1262173
The AI in 6 is the same as 5. They never improved it to deal with 1UPT and hexes compared to 4 and earlier.
>>
>>1262676
I've been playing since 2. Six is the best in the series, just like every successive main line title has been.
>>
Personally, I think Six's greatest strength is how it tried to find a common ground between 5's autism over playing tall and the expansionist style the genre was founded on
I also like how it did religion and government
But damn is the world congress not annoying
>>
>>1261849
There was shit coming out on newgrounds with better animation than this in 2006
>>
>It's free if you own the rest of the DLC that's almost always on sale for pennies
Based
>>
>>1261840
The trailer is so bad that I imagine it was whipped up in like a day or two as a response to the pass being leaked, but then I realized that the DLC itself is releasing in less than a week.
>>
>>1263469
Time to genocide Gaul, then
>>
>>1263469
>Civ 6 Trajan looks more like irl Caesar
>Civ 6 Caesar looks more like irl Trajan
what did they mean by this
>>
File: deformed.jpg (78 KB, 665x705)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
NOT my Caesar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHzG7NRubqQ
>>
>>1261168
The biggest improvement would be competent AI.

The fact that they're releasing MORE DLC for VI poses an interesting question: if their artists and animators are free enough that they're creating assets for VI instead of VII, which is undoubtedly deep in development, what are they actually working on in regards to VII? And not just assets, but the most complex assets in the game. Either they're still at the stage where they're using placeholder assets and there's no reason to rush finalizing them or they have nothing to work on.
>>
>>1263932
I don't understand why people dislike this, he looks like (a younger) Caesar based off of the most common depictions.
>Receding hairline
>Downturned nose with a long bridge
>Concave cheeks
Trajan looks like Asterix & Obelix Caesar in comparison.
>>
>>1263913
World Congress fucking blows, but people complained until it was added back. Hopefully they figure out how to make diplomacy fun somehow.
>>
>>1263791
>electing your king
Absolutely disgusting. Good thing all of them got killed for that.
>>
File: 1539313899732.jpg (175 KB, 565x678)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
I just don't like the aesthetic they chose for VI
Gilgamesh is the only leader I think looks good
>>
File: HE815B.jpg (1.18 MB, 1400x1864)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>1263913
I prefer 6's world congress to 5's because the resolutions aren't permanent and its diplo victory is better.
>>1263932
>our programmer with a lisp should be the voice of our company
>>1263940
Image related is allegedly a bust trying to look like a younger Julius
>Trajan looks like Asterix & Obelix Caesar in comparison.
This annoys me because Civ's Trajan looks like he's modelled after the typical and iconic Julius bust. And Trajan busts look like Civ's Julius.
>>1263971
I don't like how hills are barely different to flat terrain. Or how everyone has really short arms. Or how most ways Civs differ are horrendously under or overpowered. Or that some natural wonders look just like other natural wonders and you plan to use the wrong mechanics. Or that most music, like England's or Khmer's or Cree's, is shite and I will restart if my early neighbour is a bad sounding one.
>>
>>1263913
6 Districts are the best thing they've added to civ in awhile. Only real negative is assigning citizens to work in districts is pretty much always worse than working a tile for yields.
>>
>>1263987
Bro you just posted August Caesar.
>>
>>1263987
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T_DhSxu4oM
Thanks Firaxis, so diverse and exciting!
>>
If I buy Anthology now do I still get the pass for free?
Dont want to ask reddit.
>>
>>1264022
rip me
>>1264059
I'm starting to become an advocate for Victorian era genocide... why couldn't the Kiwis manage it?
>>
>>1264065
I think it's actually free for anyone with Civ vi at all.
>>
>>1261192
>it could be an essentially different game with different mechanics and art direction while keeping the them
just like the last two civ games amirite
>>
>>1264065
Yeah you get the pass
You also get it if you just have all the DLC
>>1264074
This is a lie
>>
>>1263987
My brother in christ that's octavian not julius
>>
Thoughts on Caesar's abilities?
I think its pretty meh, Trajans free monuments are still stronger but still better than gilgamesh barbarian camp pillage
>>
>>1261696
>>1261707
I like the idea of a religious/gold playstyle again like mali but this time coastal, assuming shes a paid dlc i expect her to be broken fun like portugal
>>
>>1264291
If he gets the wildcard he's easily one of the strongest civs
If he doesn't he's decent enough with some room to experiment
>>
>>1263226
>You can't just leave when you lose a vote. That's not democracy.
Why not? If you (in the sense of a state/region/population) think that a system established a century+ ago will no longer give you a voice in favor of letting another region run a train on you because they have more people, why shouldn't you leave? Other than the other side deciding that they should get to conquer you for trying to leave.
>>
>>1264415
Just outbreed them bro, literally have sex haha
>>
>>1264424
That might work in a democracy but the US is a Federal Republic and you couldn't make more slave states cause reasons.
>>
>>1263892
He didn't kill people. He killed Gauls.
>>
>>1264415
Because then you weren't part of the system. You were pretending to be apart of the system. Why even vote if you have no intent on obeying the outcome? That's you flipping a coin and then refusing the outcome. The implication you were playing at all was a lie.
>>
>>1264756
US independence got started by a tax law that would have been a net reduction. Pretending to be principled doesn't get you anything. If states had a right to join the union by extent they had a right to leave it, the reason is irrelevant.
>>
>>1264763
No taxation without representation, George.
>>
>>1264766
That's good and all but the US since it's inception taxed people that had no representation.
>>
>>1264768
The concept of women and Africans being people took some convincing, I'll admit.
>>
>>1264769
At the start of the US most people regardless of race or gender didn't have a right to vote as only landed men could vote.
>>
Why haven't they made a unique fort graphic for the Romans and made it a castle? Yeah yeah I know you unlock the prerequisite tech in the medieval era for other civs so it's defaulted to that, but that's not a good enough excuse for a civ which has been around day 1.
>>
>>1264777
Romans, it being a castle instead?*
Also, I got to make a 2K account for this civ? Is this why they updated Civ 5 with their browser? To push this shit?
>>
>>1264771
And they shouldn't?
>>
File: Steampunk-Abe_Lincoln.jpg (29 KB, 300x400)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvPc9q3rY0Y
What do you think his special ability is?
>>
>>1264790
Bonuses during a Dark Age
>>
>>1264790
Underindustrialized cities (relative to your current advancement) lose loyalty, bonuses for industrialized ones, plus some bigger gimmick
>>
>>1264777
>because money.jpg [file uploads from your country are blocked, lol]
Arguably they should have given forts a classical model since art assets happen before balancing and they didn't know, on release, what their special game mode DLCs would involve.
I also never use them so I don't notice. Does anyone?
>>
>>1264790
When the world reaches the industrial era, half your cities defect to free cities.
Spies can perform Neutralise Governor versus your leader. It's also permanent.
>>
>>1264790
>Do I not detroy my enemies when I make them my friends
Oh god it's diplomatic domination
He can subjugate entire civs and become their suzerin or something and get huge amounts of diplomatic favor for it but they can try to break away
>>
>>1263469
>that art
kek
>>
>>1263469
>>1264877
that's the worst ceasar i've ever seen
>>
>>1264879
>>1264877
It matches his bust
>large nose
>receding hairline
>pronounced and concave cheeks
Caesar wasn't a very handsome man despite being a descendent of venus
>>
Today I remind them
>>
File: 1668711971747452.jpg (88 KB, 772x459)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>1264882
nah
>>
>>1264882
are you blind or just retarded?
>>
File: EwxcYM1WQAkqZZa.jpg (1.47 MB, 2048x1818)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>1264777
Late Roman forts were the forerunners of castles, which makes sense since the Germans largely augmented and supplanted Roman rule in the West.
>>
>>1264927
and in rome itself. lol, meds.
>>
>>1264949
>meds
Congratulations, this has lost all meaning.
>>
>>1264951
and in rome itself. lol, the ethnicities who are settled in the mediterranean region

retarded autist
>>
>>1264961
Genetically speaking most of Europe is the same as it was 2000 years ago. Apparently 400 years of retards moving from A to B has done fuck all.
>>
>>1264927
>Late Roman forts were the forerunners of castles
Neither of Civ6's Roman leaders, nor their choice of legionary, are late Roman.
>>
>>1264894
You're right, they made him orettier by making his jead less retangular
>>
>>1264790
Every point of net disloyalty gives a point of diplomatic favor.
>>
>>1263987
>our programmer with a lisp should be the voice of our company
Surely Firaxis has people with more pleasing voices than the first look videos. The woman with the vocal fry wasn't that great either but her delivery was better
>>
>>1265124
Sarah was also a programer, the reason she isn't doing them anymore is because she now works at zenimax
>>
>>1265045
They're also not cartoons moving in a hexagonal world.
>>
>>1264894
>>1264879
Face blindness is a sign of autism.
>>1264888
HAAH
WAAH
>>
>>1261096
That art makes me want to die.
>>
>>1265016
Have they found the elusive cache of Roman 23andMe test results?
>>
>>1265730
doesn't even matter, as he's conflating the genetics of the ruling elite (which the germanics took over) with the plebian masses.
>>
>>1261096
This is bullshit, no one asked for
>it's free
Oh well carry on then
>>
>>1263592
What like the Iriquois?
>>
File: Where did the Romans go.jpg (547 KB, 1856x2048)
547 KB
547 KB JPG
>>1263938
From what I heard Civ VII developed got nuked from orbit by covid so they had to work on it way slower. By comparison making some more leaders for VI requires way less work since the base game is already done.
That being said I don't mind, I thought it was a waste to introduce the alternate leaders concept and then only give us a few alts for the longest time.

>>1265730
Yes
>>
>>1263193
>we need a new enemy against whom we have to compete.
China? I mean I know it's a paper tiger but it refuses to believe that that's the case.
>>
>>1264790
Bonus power against players who use the vampire unit
>>
>>1262569
>but that same source describes Justinian ripping his own head off and running around his palace at night spewing fire
It'd be pretty fucking cool if he did
>>
>>1262676
At this point, yes. If you asked me a few years back I would've said no.
>>
>>1262803
Keep in mind he was pretty damn tall for his age (the dude was 6'4'' when most people were like 5'8'') so that makes him look thinner in person.
>>
>>1263554
The Kongo Kingdom is inseparably tied to slavery, you literally can't discuss them without talking about it because the slave trade transformed them from a fairly humble kingom into one of the most powerful and richest kingdoms in Africa, only for it all to collapse with the european abolition of slavery.
>>
>>1263913
I just turn off Diplomatic Victory at this point
>>
>>1263932
I don't mind the content of the trailer but goddamn is the announcer a step down from the woman who did everything previously.
>>
>>1265796
>Titus is Al Capone
kek
>>
>>1265736
Actually, the ruling elite of the city of Rome didn't change. The senatorial families largely survived late-antiquity and simply became leading families within the church during the Middle-Ages.
>>
>>1265828
I mean Al Capone was born to first-generation Italian immigrants so he would still look 100% Italian.
>>
>>1265796
A bunch of those are a stetch but Scipio and Pompey are fucking uncanny.
>>
>>1265832
stretch*
>>
>>1265796
Dio mio... i terroni di Roma...
>>
It's 21st of November... where's my fucking leader pass?!
>>
>>1266854
This shit usually drops when its morning on the west coast so wait another 3-4 hours.
>>
>>1266854
>he doesnt know
>>
>>1266854
6pm UTC
>>
It's so weird to not give any information on how these leaders work before launch day
It's almost anti-marketing
>>
File: epic no trade man.jpg (37 KB, 318x382)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Tokugawa better be a fat piece of shit this time
>>
>Lincoln's downside is lower loyalty from plantations
lol
>>
The leader abilities are out
Lincoln
>NEW ABILITY: EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION
>(Base game) Industrial Zones and their buildings give +2 Amenities but your Plantations give -1 Amenities.
>(Rise and Fall & Gathering Storm DLCs) Industrial Zones give +3 Loyalty per turn but your Plantations give -2 Loyalty.
>(Base game) Receive a free Melee unit after constructing Industrial Zones and their buildings. The free unit does not require resources when created or to maintain and receives +5 Combat Strength.
>(Rise and Fall & Gathering Storm DLCs) Receive a free Melee unit and an Amenity after constructing Industrial Zones and their buildings. The free unit does not require resources when created or to maintain and receives +5 Combat Strength.
Nzinga
>NEW ABILITY: QUEEN OF MATAMBA AND NDONGO
>+5 Combat Strength against Civilization's whose capital is on a different continent.
>Trade Routes to receive +20% Yields with Civilizations whose home continents are the same as yours, but -15% to Trade Routes to other Civilizations.
Saladin
>NEW ABILITY: THE VICTORIOUS MILITARY
>+100% Flanking and Support Bonus to all Combat and Religious units.
https://civilization.com/leader-pass/packs/great-negotiators/
>>
>>1266968
The controversial part for lincoln was probably the free unit, because I can see that getting really retarded quickly when you start chopping out industrial zones in every city
>>
the Steam page tells me I have to buy the pass even though I have all the products in the Anthology, wtf it was supposed to be free
>>
>>1266968
apparently these are outright wrong
>>1266983
I guess they done goofed, nobody has it lol
>>
>>1266968
>>1266985
Kongo is wrong, Lincoln and Saladin are correct.
Also,
>the great negotiators
>gives Arabia an outright warmongering bonus
lol
>>
>>1266968
>pack called "Great Negotiators"
>all three leaders have military bonus
>none has diplomatic one
lel
>>
>>1266991
His bonus is fucking crazy though
Double flanking bonuses on something like a mamluk is stupid, and it also applies to religious units and healing and shit, and the arabia bonuses will provide the science/religion backbone that a lot of domination civs like to have
>>
>download patch
>reverts to base game with no dlc
christ
>>
>>1266996
Same thing happened to me
Between the way the handled ability reveals, the contradictions on their site on the abilities, the newgrounds tier reveal trailer, and now this, it's increasingly apparent that this was a slapdash DLC made on a shoestrkng budget by a skeleton crew
>>
>>1266996
>>1267003
what a shitshow
>>
>Decide to launch on a Monday afternoon of all fucking times
>People don't have access to the pack even though they own all the required DLC's
>Game only launches in Vanilla mode because you can't connect to 2k servers
I was looking forward to playing a game as Abe or Caesar, fucks sake
>>
Why the hell doesn't Arabia have a desert start bias? I hate having to re-roll a dozen times just to satisfy my autism.
>>
>>1267036
Why would you want desert tiles for a Civ that has absolutely no benefits from them?
>>
>>1267038
>satisfy my autism.
gee I wonder
>>
File: shadow.jpg (15 KB, 450x300)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
I bought Anthology and I dont own the leader pass anyway
>>
>>1261096
the fuck is up with kangzingas ability? Its just the Mayans ability but better making the Mayans obsolete.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXvrCskQWbQ
Caesar sounds bad
>>
>>1267075
How far the mighty have fallen
>>
>>1267065
Not at all. Mayans have a science output that is over the roof plus their farms are valuable since they are boosted by observatories and boots observatories in return. Mayans are also not hard bound to continent borders, they are bound by the terrain itself which is similar but way less restrictive. They also get combat strength at home and the Hul'che is insane unit on the defense that requires no startegic resources.

Mbande (and Kongo in general) has NOTHING that can even contest the massive science output of Maya. They can get yields but they need relics and artworks to unlock their potential. Then by design Kongo is a tall civ in a game that mostly rewards wide play which is their core problem. Mbande will be better at supporting tall play than Nzinga but they are hamstrung by the randomness of continent spawns. The Ngao Mbeba is just an okay defensive unit that needs iron.

So no, not even close.

Tough FINALLY Kongo can have a religion instead of just passively waiting for someone to come and give you a religion which for the AI is usually trash. That offers Kongo a great flexibility which they need to go for their tall play.
>>
>>1267036
Start biases are usually reserved for civs that desperately needs certain tiles to function properly (like the Inca)
Arabia has no need for desert tiles, and thus doesn't have a start bias
>>
>>1266854
It broke
>>
>>1266992
Lincoln never really got a chance to be a peacetime president
>>
>>1266996
>>1267003
Works for me. Maybe it's because I forked out the shekels because I didn't want to wait for them to fix the "free" part
>>
File: E343f29X0AIuPh1.jpg (39 KB, 663x579)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1261096
I know it's impossible but I want new official content for Civ V... Like a deluxe edition of the Mongol conquest scenario...

Pls Firaxis I'll be your good paypig pls
>>
>>1267075
>>1267082
It is not listed but it has been rumored that Caesar will have second ability that give him a wildcard slot fort the first time they conquer a rival's civ's capital. Which isn't big at the start but on the long term can help you conquest in the late game and likely will scale with the number of civs in the game.

As for Gold on conquering cities and barb camps I feel this is underrated. Caesar's Rome will be an early game rush civ. Last time I checked it costs 200 gold to upgrade a warrior to legion which is exactly the money Caesar gets from conquering a city. Then those Legion can start chopping forests to produce more legions and the snowball commences. Getting 100 gold from a barb camp is a big money in the early game, it can get you a lot of things. Like buying iron for those legions or a trader faster than even Trajan could get one.

The big problem with conquering in the early game is that newly conquered cities become a money drain for quite some time due to the occupation penalties, Caesar completely eliminates this huge issue. Otherwise you can only immediate gains from going to war early is pillage yields, but if you pillage the city then conquering it after only make things a greater money drain for you.The instant free Roads will also allow Caesar to move his reinforcing armies faster from home.

Loosing the free monument from Trajan does hurt a lot but otherwise Rome is a very solid civ at the core. Giving Caesar a better ability would just make Rome ridiculously OP it is already very good civ.
>>
>>1267118
Bro 5 is 12 years old and running on an old engine
Just download mods
>>
>>1267127
>It is not listed but it has been rumored that Caesar will have second ability that give him a wildcard slot fort the first time they conquer a rival's civ's capital
It wasn't rumored, it was quite literally in the description of his abilities on their website even though it conteadicted their video and the ingame screenshot
Same thing happened with Nzinga
>>
>>1267127
>take city with warrior somehow
>upgrade him to a legion (if you have iron lol)
>chop the other legion out but only with 5 turns to establish magnus and if there is forest around
>till you are done AI has Man at Arms because the tech tree is a mess
Nah he sounds lame
>>
>>1267114
they released another patch to fix the reversion to 1.0
giving them $20 to speed up a free update is pretty cucked of you
>>
>>1267127
he'd be cool if they didn't want you to make an account just to get him, 2k are the last people who should ask for that shit at this point
>>
>>1267130
MaA is just +5 combat strength up from the Legion. MaA is 45CP Legion is 40CP while Swordsman is 35CP. Legions can still hold their own vs. MaA because the AI dumb as a rock in combat.
>>
>>1266983
It's currently broken
>>
Lincoln seems like a straight downgrade from either Teddy and it doesn't seem like his ability really compliments the rest of America's traits
>>
>>1267075
I mean in fairness we have no idea what the fuck he sounds like, we just project the idea that a big manly man has to have a big manly voice. By contrast that's what people in common conciousness thought Teddy Roosevelt sounded like when audio recordings say the exact opposite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhlzdjPGxrs
>>
>>1261096
They arent even making new leaders half the time just the same leader in a different outfit so they can save on voice acting
>>
>>1263913
6 fucking blows in wide v tall because population in a city is worthless and having more citites is always better and any bonus you can get always ends up being more useful the more citites you have. Having a penalty for citites was retarded but they could just add a pop growth and district bonus to tall cities if you have less than x cities
>>
What do amenities actually do? Because I just ignore that shit.
>>
>>1267154
Constant free units is a pretty good bonus
The loyalty penalties are pretty pointless though, I wish they had stuck with amentities
What they were going for is you use America's wildcard slot to try to compensate for not building plantations, but since the malus is pretty unsubstantial I doubt anyone's going to care
And the free super soldiers is about as good as rough rider teddy
>>
Wait so is the Leader Pass actually free if you own all previous dlc? Because I don't have it despite owning all previous dlc
>>
>>1267178
It's supposed to be, but the launch is scuffed. I've heard reports of people getting it when they restarted Steam, whereas other people are complaining that they can't even buy it while having every other piece of DLC.
Personally, I have all the DLC and it's $20 for me, so I'm just waiting until they figure their shit out.
>>
>>1267181
Guess I'll wait then, I have other games to play anyway
>>
>>1267173
>Ecstatic: If a city has at least 3 more Amenities than required, all of the city's non-Food yields increase by +10%, and its Population growth increases by +20%.
>Happy: If a city has 1-2 Amenities more than required, all non-Food yields increase by 5%, while Population growth increases by +10%.
>Content: If a city has the exact number of Amenities it requires, there are no bonuses or penalties applied.
>Displeased: If a city has 1-2 Amenities less than required, all non-Food yields by the city decrease by 5%, while Population growth decreases by 15%.
>Unhappy: If a city has 3-4 Amenities less than required, all non-Food yields decrease by 10%, while Population growth decreases by 30%.
>Unrest: If a city has 5-6 Amenities less than required, all non-Food yields decrease by 30%. In addition, Rebel units may begin to appear in the city's territory.
Revolt: If a city has at least 7 fewer Amenities than required, all non-Food yields also decrease by 60%. Rebel units will appear much more frequently and in greater numbers than ever before.
Generally you should pay more attention to your Amenities, because the more you have the bettwer your cities will do
>>
>>1267183
It seems like unless I spam entertainment districts I'm always a few below.
>>
>>1267173
Increase or decrease the yields of your cities by a significant amount, from +20% to -30%. It's always a good idea to buy new, unique luxuries and trade away your excess duplicates. If you're a warmonger you'll probably have a lot of unhappiness from being at war for centuries at a time, so it hits them harder.
>>
>>1267157
I don't think recordings of that era tell you much about voice outside of cadence, most voices sound higher pitched than they probably were
>>
>>1267184
I would say expansion and trade are the best ways to keep your amenities up. The AI is almost always willing to accept one-to-one trades for luxuries they don't have. If you're not at war but you have a standing army, there's also a policy card that lets you garrison military units in cities for a free +1. Entertainment complexes, wonders, and certain religious beliefs also help.
Usually the way it goes is this:
>If I'm at war, my amenities are shit
>If I have good diplomatic relations with 1-2 other civs and a lot of coastal cities, my amenities are overflowing
>>
>>1267173
Their effect is significant enough but I always fall into ignoring them because maintaining them is tedious
>>
>>1267157
leaving the voice aside, and also noting that I know jack shit about Latin but this guy seems to be reading it in a non-Classical way unlike Trajan
>>
>game downgrading to 1.0
>people not getting the pass for free despite owning all the dlc
>other people getting it randomly
>try to link 2k account to at least get caesar
>2k's site can't even load
flawless launch
>>
>leader pass listed as 0€ with "add to your account" button on steam
>doesn't work
lol worth a shot
>>
>Play Caesar
>Want to be aggressive to make use of his bonus
>For once my two closest civs are far enough away that an early war is impossible
>Research Bronze Working
>Zero iron near my territory or in territories I can settle in
At least I made a cool extra 6-700 off of barb camps, I guess
>>
>>1267203
Worked for me but I made the account back when Caesar was announced
>>
>>1267253
It took me about an hour of just F5'ing in the background until I got an error saying I couldn't create an account, meaning it worked at some point behind all the error messages. Then just spammed the verify account link until the same thing happened. Still don't have the leader pass, of course.
>>
>>1267255
The site must be swamped atm if I can take a guess.
>>
File: ave profligates.jpg (94 KB, 457x640)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>Playing Caesar because Steam refuses to give me the leader pass for free
>Find a barbarian encampment
>Raiding it gives 150 gold instead of 50 gold
>Park my military there to train my new units
>Find another one
>I'm getting 300 free gold every 10 turns
>And now I have an army of promoted units ready to fight an actual war for even more gold
I do appreciate that Caesar benefits the most from murdering barbarians and taking all their shit. It's easy to buy even settlers with the gold you make from raiding.
>>
Man, Abe is pretty fun.
>>
>>1267280
I seriously don't understand ehy people insisted free gold was weak
Since barbarians will spawn in unseen territories you can effectively create a gold farm with strategic unit placement and a bit of luck
Not being able to rush political science hurts but it's far from bad
>>
File: 289070_20221121161907_1.png (3.57 MB, 1920x1080)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB PNG
>>1267310
I ended up with a perfect example of this without trying to. On one hand, I have to divert part of my army away from the front to make sure I'm not being raided by barbarian crossbowmen, but beyond that I'm getting fat stacks every 10 turns.
>>
File: file.png (101 KB, 791x488)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
So those that are impatient, if you add something else to your cart and then add the bundle via https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/21432/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_VI_Anthology/ it'll let you add it to your cart for free.
The catch is that you have to buy the other thing in your cart as well.
>>
>>1267351
Does it actually work anon?
If you buy it does it give you the leader pass?
>>
>>1267352
I can confirm it works. Playing as Lincoln now
>>
>>1267351
I'll wait to see how long this stays fucked before I actually shell out some cash to trick the store.
>>
>>1263911
lmao civ 6 is still shit compared to 5
>>
>>1267378
why
>>
File: 289070_20221121172451_1.png (3.54 MB, 1920x1080)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB PNG
>>1267345
Aaaaand it's gone to shit
>>
>>1267387
Based urban sprawl chad
>>
>>1261815
Young Victoria is best Victoria.
>>
>>1261815
Old Victoria was wider than she was tall, she wouldn't even fit in the diplo screen.
>>
>>1266992
>>1266968
Unironically, Teddy Roosevelt should've gotten a 2nd costume. He was known for being a great negotiator. The only other presidents known for being great negotiators would be John Quincy Adams (lol), Rutherford B. Hayes (LOL), Herbert Hoover (lmao even), and Donald Trump (too recent, too controversial). I guess you could also try for Woodrow Wilson, but he was kinda bad at being a negotiator.
>>
>>1267036
The Dutch and English always spawn completely landlocked in my games. Portugal a lot of the times too.
>>
>>1267173
It's just overdesigned global happiness. The game goes out of its way to make you think it's something more complicated.
>>
>>1267434
Bill Clinton negotiated the peace agreement between PM Yitzhak Rabin of Israel and King Hussein of Jordan that has lasted to this day. It was the one treaty of those 90s Camp David accords that managed to never fall apart.
Similar conflict, Carter brought together the Begin/Sadat governments to peace.

But maybe those 2 are considered too recent.
>>
>>1263594
I'd be down with a Judea civ under David or Solomon. I'm honestly kinda surprised they never did it. Fuck I'll take Judea under King Herod and he was basically just a Roman puppet.
>>
>>1267440
Is mediating a couple of minor peace agreements between parties on the other side of the world really make you a "Great Negotiator?" Wouldn't someone who actually negotiated for the benefit of their actual civilization, and not some third party they are vaguely aligned with, be a better fit?
>>
>>1262744
sista Nzinga i kneel.
>>
>>1262744
These leader models looked like they were outsourced to some chink company that usually only makes mobile games lmao
>>
Lincoln seems like Montezuma tier to me
Decent at domination, some combat buffs that will keep him competitive but not enough to be on the level of high tier domination civs like Bolivar or the Gauls, and enough support to flexibly play how you want while still rewarding a lean into domination. Nothing crazy but good enough and will probably prove to be fun long term
Caesar is certainly less flexible than Trajan, but if you get lucky with barbarian spawns your economy is going to go crazy, and the scaling is nice. Firmly weaker than trajan but still fun
Nzinga is Khmer tier broken just from having access to religion. A passive yield boost for simply being on one continent, and all the massive bonuses from Kongo's civ ability will make her the uncontested queen of playing tall. You won't be able to compete religiously and her culture output is going to be very annoying. Might be a 'wipe out as soon as you see her' to avoid having to compete late game against this bullshit
Ironically, despite being a simple combat bonus, saladin might be the one that requires the most experimentation. The knight rush might be back, might not. A guaranteed religion is a guaranteed religion, and his ability plays into the effectiveness of his religious units, but actually making the most of that is something that needs some theorycrafting
>>
>>1266968
>Great negotiators
>Bonus to gangbanging enemy units from as man sides as possible.
Oh.

By the way stacked embarked units and naval ships count as 2 (8 combat bonus)
>>
File: kongo.jpg (937 KB, 1920x1080)
937 KB
937 KB JPG
Etemenangki
Bologna+Geneva+Kilwa
and just this one campus with this much science I dont need lol
>>
>>1267464
Yeah these all look terrible.
Schizo take right here: they only made this pass to test the waters. They want to see what kind of quality they can get away with so they can lower production costs. Thats why its free/quasi free, so if it flopped if was uncontroversial.
Of course, their jewtube cucks, the redditors and forum shitters are slurping it right up without complaint so dont expect much effort in this series anymore.
>>
>>1267544
You entitled fucks will bitch about anything.
>>
>>1267545
Have some standards you pathetic bug.
>>
>>1267547
There's having standards and there's being rude. You are rude and entitled, like a spoiled child. You have poor parents.
>>
>>1267548
This drivel could only possibly make sense to a female brain, so tits or GTFO
>>
>>1267553
Now you're just being silly.
>>
>>1267555
Yeah well the new leaders look like shit and they sound like shit and you gobble it right up and you are proud about it too lmao
>you dont want to eat shit? You have poor parents!
Stupid woman
>>
>>1267563
It was free.
>>
>wake up
>still isn't credited to my account
whack, but I'm not paying valve to get some crap leaders
>>
Was able to use cash from trading cards to buy some trash 20 cent game to force the unlock then I refunded it.
>>
>>1267639
Yeah I did the same.
>>
>>1267544
Bro take your meds
>>
Is this shit still broken?
>>
>>1267544
>>1267547
>>1267563
its free...
>>
>>1267701
it's free*
>>
People have satamined the next leaders
>Tokugawa's Bakuhan: International Trade Routes receive -25% Yield and Tourism, but Domestic Trade Routes provide +1 Culture, +1 Science, and +2 Gold for every Specialty District at the Destination. Cities within 6 tiles of Japan's capital receive +4 Amenities and after researching Flight receive +1 Tourism for every District.
>Nader Shah's Sword of Persia: +5 Combat Strength when attacking full Health Units. Cities not founded by Nader Shah receive +2 Faith and +3 Gold on Domestic Trade Routes
>Suleiman Kunani',s The Magnificent: +15% Science and Culture when in a Golden Age or Heroic Age. +4 Combat Strength when not in a Golden Age or Heroic Age against Civilizations who are also not in a Golden Age or Heroic Age.
>>
File: c5ynm8pdoh1a1.png (1.6 MB, 1920x1080)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>1267714
Tokugawa
>>
File: s5fsq00eoh1a1.png (1.75 MB, 1920x1080)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>1267714
Nadir Shah
>>
File: pbzmix9eoh1a1.png (500 KB, 1920x1080)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>1267714
Suleiman (they didn't add his model to the game files)
>>
>>1267721
meh you'll still want to stick with Hojo if you're more comfortable waging war.
>>
>>1267721
>not a flat slob
dropped
>>
>>1267714
Are domestic trade routes ever worth it past the very beginning stages of the game? You can make so much more off of international routes whenever I look. When I see bonuses to domestic routes I think of them as kind of bad.
>>
>>1267729
maybe on Prince when the AI doesn't develop any cities until after you win
>>
>>1267729
Developing new cities fast
>>
>>1267729
it always sucked and still does, even with the inca/persia abilities.
the only way to make domestic trade routes is if they give a policy card similar to wisselbanken/e-commerce
>>
>>1267729
Domestic make sense if you want to fast grow a city. Put like 4 trade routs on a small city and by the time the routes are done you would have grown the city so much quicker than if you just waited.
>>
In the case of tokugawa the extra gold scaling from districts could potentially keep domestic trade viable into the late game, and the boost to science and culture could help rush some important techs and civics, but missing the halved production on holy sites, encampments, and theaters hurts
>>
>Great negotiators
Two of them have out right war monger bonuses and one just has a yield boost, no diplomatic mechanics
>Great commanders
The only combat bonuses are situational, most of the abilities are about internal development and culture/science boosts
lol
>>
>>1267714
For the most part these leader abilities don't seem particularly interesting to play
>>
>>1267750
It's hard to make a "great commander" idea for Tokugawa when his main strategy was
>wait for the enemy to stumble into their own demise like a retard, then capitalize on that
>>
>tfw not a leader
>>
>>1267721
Very cool.
>>
>>1267722
>>1267721
These models look at lot better
>>
Has anybody actually unlocked the leaders without going through the steam cart method?
>>
>>1267836
Some people on the forums say they have, but I don't believe them.
>>
>>1267836
i just used cream api
>>
Some of these new leaders seem as though they could’ve used a new unique unit, particularly Nadir Shah.
>>
>>1267852
I think it's just underlining that this is because the art team had nothing better to do. They probably didn't want to spend much time on balancing so just slapped some generic if flavorful abilities on them
>>
>>1267173
it maintains cities with their yields. the more amenities you have the more productive cities get vise versa amd all the more reason why you should stop ignoring building wonders like temple of artemis and Colosseum
>>
>>1267868
I know but entertainment complexes always feel so low-priority to me, unless I turned off cultural victory that game in which case the Theater Square is completely useless.
>>
>>1267727
>flat slob
what?
>>
File: 800px-Tokugawa_Ieyasu2.jpg (220 KB, 800x913)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>1267905
He probably means that art of him as shogun tended to portray him as kinda fat. Black is a slimming color but it's not doing him any favors here.
>>
>>1267836
My stean added mine thid morning
Apparently their 'working with steam' to fix the issue, but not everyone is getting a fix right away
Also nzinga is fuckibg stupid holy shit
>>
>>1267917
I mean as long as I get it eventually for free, I can wait
>>
looks like the add to account button is working now
>>
File: 20221122084003_1.jpg (2.48 MB, 3840x2160)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
>>1267836
I got the new leaders just by downloading them w/o paying or any extra steps
Also yeah Nzinga is a runaway train
>>
>>1268041
Are landmark names randomly generated in Civ 6 or can you name them yourself?
>>
>>1268042
Not sure exactly how they're generated other than the proximity of major civs, but I don't think there's a way to rename them.
>>
File: 20221122084105_1.jpg (2.03 MB, 3840x2160)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
Had a free continent to myself as Nzinga after conquering Portugal and Phoenicia, GG
>>
>>1268042
Each civ has a catalogue of historical landmark rivers/mountains/lakes near them. First civ to discover them in game uses one of their names.
>>
File: greatworks.jpg (597 KB, 1920x1080)
597 KB
597 KB JPG
>>1268041
shes great
what kongo shouldve been
>>
>>1268041
Damn your game looks nice, especially with the whole island being under one empire. Are you playing on archipelago? I always found war a giant pain-in-the-ass in this game so I almost never try to conquer past the classical era until I get access to jet bombers.
>>
File: 1495981832944.gif (503 KB, 500x205)
503 KB
503 KB GIF
>Great Negotiators DLC
>2 of 3 leaders are the most military minded leader from their respective nations
>none of them have unique diplomatic favor bonuses
>>
>>1268072
Civilizations Expanded will fix it. No, seriously, I'm more excited for amod's version of the DLC than I am the DLC itself. Author already confirmed he'll do every leader.
>>
>>1267714
I do like Tokugawa's bonus, but then again I love internal trade routes and settling cities as close as possible.
>>1267729
I always opt for domestic routes until I get a good coastal city with proper international ones, the reform the coinage dedication, or wisselbanken.
>>
>>1268055
>Exist
>Win
Not a fan of Nzinga, she's just the Mayans but more boring.
>>
It finally activated n its own for me.
>>
>>1268069
>Are you playing on archipelago?
I'm playing on PerfectWorld6's gen, actually. The island generation is usually chunky enough for national parks if you leave space for it. I found from testing it you're guaranteed a water way across the entire globe - no ice or single tile strips of land obstructing a fleet. That and the built-in old world / new world civ placement makes it really good.
>>
File: jDvDzGkE_400x400.jpg (26 KB, 319x319)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>three mamluks standing next to each other can cancel out an entire crusade bonus
>>
Is there a mod that makes neighborhoods civ specific aesthetically. Instead of a bunch of green roofs everywhere?
>>
I'm glad the negotiators don't negotiate because diplomatic victories fucking suck. They sucked in Civ V too. They even suck in stellaris. It's so divorced from the rest of the game, it feels like a crutch victory for when shitters somehow stalemate a game and need a way to win without going to score. With culture, science, religion, even domination, it all feeds back into each other. It feels like an interlinked system where dipping into one pool still left you room to dip into others, where there's room to strategize and react. Diplomacy feeds into nothing. It interacts with nothing. It is an entirely isolated mechanic that intrides upon the gameflow halfway into the game. You may as well turn the game off at the medieval era and play blackjack as the house, that's what going for a diplomatic victory means.
I'm not sure how they can fix this in civ 7, it just feels fundamentally fucked
>>
>>1269408
>I'm not sure how they can fix this in civ 7, it just feels fundamentally fucked
Inherently tie it to being a trustworthy player that any AI who turns on you would be turned into a social pariah?
>>
>>1269419
an international pariah, rather. Better way of putting it.
>>
>>1269408
Do you even play Civ?
Science used to be the last resort, especially in 4. They fixed that in 6.
Absolutely no victory type, if you're properly building for it, lets you pivot. You don't react, you plan and follow through.

Diplo interacts as much as Science, Culture and Religion do. You focus on getting suzerainties, which give you bonuses along with your desired voting power (which, hint hint, affects the game), along with military interests. These are present throughout the game. Diplo wonders all give bonuses someone other than you is interested in.

You seem to be focusing on the victory points more than how you get them. In turn you can say tourists, space programs, captured capitals and converted cities don't do anything for you, because they don't, because they're the goal you're achieving, not the method to achieve them.
>>
>>1267729
No.
Production inflation is too big for them to help with it but gold inflation is solved by international routes.

It's probably intended because of how many mechanics interact with both sending and receiving trade.
>>
File: teddy.png (19 KB, 257x176)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>1267434
>Teddy Roosevelt should've gotten a 2nd costume.
You mean a 3rd costume?
>>
>>1269461
Bull moose is old teddy but renamed
>>
>>1269464
Nah, vanilla Teddy and Bull Moose Teddy have different abilities and agendas.
>>
>>1267199
His pronounciation of "Caesar" isn't even consistent between lines though
>>
>>1269976
>Sayzar
>Chayzar
lol
did they just hire a mexican like with gilgamesh and hammurabi?
>>
>>1261096
Is this going to be on Nintendo Switch too?
>>
>>1268082
And it's already updated. No Caesar yet, though.
>Lincoln
+25% Production to industrial zones and their buildings. Upon entering the industrial era, cities with an industrial zone receive +2 amenities and cities without an industrial zone receive -5 loyalty. Military units receive +3 combat strength for each unused movement point. Receive a free melee unit upon constructing an industrial zone or its buildings. This unit receives an additional +5 combat strength and ignores strategic resource requirements.
>Saladin
+100% Great general points. Encampments grant a standard adjacency bonus to all specialty districts. May purchase encampment buildings with faith. Military and religious units receive double flanking and support bonuses. Training a heavy cavalry unit grants a duplicate of that unit for free.
>Ana Nzinga
Cities within 9 tiles of any capitol receive +1 amenity and generate +1 influence point per turn. Regional production and amenity bonuses from industrial zone, entertainment complex, and water park districts extend 3 tiles farther. Trade routes to allies or city-states you are suzerain of provide +4 gold, +2 food, +2 production, and +2 culture to both cities. Military units receive +1 combat strength for each active alliance.

Time for a comfy diplomatic victory as Congo.
>>
File: 289070_20221126214109_1.png (3.79 MB, 1920x1080)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB PNG
>>1270788
Having tried Nzinga, it works like you'd expect. If you don't have to deal with early aggression or defending city-states, it's easy to get a good diplomatic game going. She still gets Kongo's bonuses from art and relics, so you end up playing a pacifist 3-way split between diplomacy, culture, and religion, although the religion is just to augment your other yields. Very fun, reminds me of playing the Cree.
>>
Who ever designed this pack has a massive hard on for loyalty and I don't understand why
Both Lincoln and Tokugawa's abilities would be far more impactful and important if they worked on the amenity version instead of loyalty
Loyalty is simply not a problem, especially with governors
>>
>>1270914
Loyalty just kind of doesn't work. On one hand, in it's current state it doesn't have an impact; on the other hand, if you increase its effect, it isn't fun and it's difficult to control. I've played with a mod that makes it more punishing, and it simply isn't fun. Even governors and the loyalty policies aren't enough to control it and you just feel it snowballing away from you.
There's also no bonuses for loyalty, like there are for amenities.
>>
>>1270917
It's just a bad system all around
the AI can't even deal with it properly because the diplomacy is braindead
like, they'll forward settle you when you have an alliance, you break it off and snatch a city because the AI goes "oh right, loyalty pressure, initiate PANIK"
and then the AI gets angry at you
>>
File: 1648827300031.gif (948 KB, 200x200)
948 KB
948 KB GIF
>trying to get a game going as new, war-focused saladin
>spawn alone on an island
>spawn next to scotland, but literally every city is impossible to attack and scotland's AI spams heavy chariots
>spawn alone on a peninsula full of hills, nubia and korea declare war on me on the same turn before i can raise an army
>chop out walls in the city that korea's assaulting
>they have nothing but warriors, heavy chariots, galleys, and a single swordsman
>holding out fine
>somehow my walls go from 70% to dead in one hit and the city gets razed
>mfw
i don't know why i'm doing to this myself, i fucking hate arabia. such a weak ass civ because they have no early game bonuses and you're forced to do some weird science/religion split that never REALLY works. add in a military focus and now you're stretched between 3 things and benefiting fully from none of them.
>>
>>1270912
>pacifist
Playing it wrong, you want to steal works from other civs, not make them yourself, like in real life.
>>
>>1270948
Sounds like you suck at the game if you can't make a civ that literally gives you a free religion work
Stick to Trajan sissy
>>
>Want to do a domination game
>Spawn as Montezuma on a Pangaea map
>Mountains and hills everywhere
>Closest civ too far to rush
>Everyone else is across a massive desert that they're not settling
>Have so much room to expand I easily settle 13 cities with room for 2-3 more if I want
>Decide to just go for a comfy science game
Unexpected, but welcome
>>
>>1261168
>>1261280
I don’t think there will be a real Civ6 sequel in the 2020s. Games are becoming more timeless with graphics and disk space reaching the point of what developers intended in their visions. I think we need to rethink what sequels even are in the future and the "new installment of the series every few years" will die in the next years and already has died down a lot.
Developers simply aren’t restricted as much as they used to be.
>>
>>1261257
Ludwig the fairy tale king is not a literal who. The entire world knows Neuschwanstein Castle.
>>
>>1270998
t. british museum
>>
>>1271109
>Games are becoming more timeless
In the era where yearly releases are still outcompeting live services?
>>
File: 289070_20221127173339_1.png (3.1 MB, 1920x1080)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB PNG
>Montezuma declares war on me despite trading away all my luxuries
>>finally break through his catapult spam and capture his capitol
>wait for his seething
>nothing
>he still has a city somewhere
>blindly wander east for like 20 turns
>have to wipe out 2 barbarian camps filled with swordsmen and archers
>finally find his borders
>he settled 2 cities off fresh water next to a wonder miles away from his capitol
i've never seen the AI leave so much territory empty. i'm guessing he found the wonder early, shidded out the settlers, and then declared war on me and went full military mode before he had a chance to make more. it's funny because he probably would have been a massive threat if he had just back settled all that territory and got ahead in science because of the AI's bonuses.
>>
>>1271387
There's a reason the AI gets those bonuses. That's all I'll say on this.
>>
>>1271387
For the record, Lincoln is broken in Civilizations Expanded. I like almost all the other changes, but Lincoln is like the best leader for war by a country mile. Free melee units out the ass and crazy combat strength bonuses that he doesn't have to do anything to get. Very fun, but broken.
>>1271394
I'm used to the retarded AI, but it still surprises me every once in a while.
>>
>>1271387
That resource pack would be perfect if it didn't have cheese as a luxury resource.
>>
>>1271421
I don't know if it's the same one, but for me it's penguins. How are penguins a luxury?
>>
>>1271438
You ever eaten penguin? Right, the elites keep them for themselves.
>>
>>1261168
Graphics

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.