[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 161 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: blow_it_up.jpg (81 KB, 827x1026)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Ascention and combat rework bla bla. Stellaris thread

Post your empires.
What mods are you recomending?
>>
Finished updating a small mod with my bro. We've put a non-insignificant amount of time into it expecting the mod to gain at least 200 subs from the current 1.3k.
It gained 20 subs.
It's a thematic mod, so I guess it has already reached its audience.
>>
>>1255192
What is your mod anon I shall give it a sub
>>
>>1255192
A fellow /vst/ Stellaris modder. And I thought, I was the only one.
>>
>>1255961
I've spent too long here... I can see the happy merchant.
>>
>>1255178
Why did they remove the varied FTL types, why does everyone start with the same weapons now?
>>
File: 1354393105024.png (124 KB, 471x513)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
For fuck's sake, the game has been out for 6 years, yet we're stuck with the same few fucking portraits for pre-sapients.
What fucking gives? I'm sick of the same reptiles, yeti, sloth, bugbear and bird EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME.
>>
>>1255981
>Removed diff FTL starts
>Removed diff weapon starts
>Removed system sharing
>Defense platforms tied to starbases
What were they thinking?
>>
>>1255987
But hey, now we've got thirty different colors of basic resource! Just drink in that depth and complexity!
>>
File: 1284854166028.jpg (114 KB, 458x596)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>1255987
it's literally and only because of
>muh multiplayer balance
>>
>>1255987
>Removed diff FTL starts
It was annoying to play against jump drives and other shit early game and made starbase chokepoints irrelevant
>Removed diff weapon starts
Doesn't matter because min max autists will find the optimal weapons to use anyways
>Removed system sharing
Literally so inconsequential that this is the first time I've heard of it
>Defense platforms tied to starbases
Why would you ever build defense platforms on a system without a starbase...
>>
>>1255178
God, please let 3.6 be good. I don't even want much. I just want combat and ship design that isn't a retarded mess and for unity to at least be comparable in usefulness to research.
>>
>>1256077
>made starbase chokepoints irrelevant
You mean that thing that shouldn't even exist in the first place?
>>
>>1256088
What's wrong with chokepoints?
>>
>>1256077
Ah, a zoomer.
>>
>>1256096
Imagine chokepoints in air space.
>>
>>1256106
That exists though. Based on aircraft range, speed, and point of origin, there are some number of viable flight paths to a given target. You put your AAA and SAMs along those flight paths to have the best chance of intercepting incoming aircraft. Doesn't work if you're surrounded and outnumbered (Iraq 2003), then you protect targets instead.

But air corridors and choke points are definitely a thing.
>>
>>1256116
Giving muttistani examples is very bad practice since they tend to only attack nations that don't have noteworthy or any air fleets.
>>
File: 1284661189253.jpg (560 KB, 717x800)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>1256096
>chokepoints
>in space
>>
>>1256119
>only attack nations that don't have noteworthy or any air fleets
That's every nation compared to the US luhl
>>
>>1256119
All air forces are insignificant compared to the US air arsenal. This makes you seethe, but it is true.

It's also immaterial to the discussion we're having, which is whether or not choke points make sense in Stellaris. I say they do, given that there are "flight paths" between systems, which are meant to represent the most efficient or viable transits given the limitations of warp tech at the start of the game. This means it does, in fact, make sense to concentrate defenses in a chokepoint system.

Of all the things you have to suspend disbelief for in Stellaris, this one isn't so bad.
>>
>>1256106
>>1256124
They exist specifically because of hyperlanes. There's nothing stopping anyone from not using FTL and spending their entire lives flying to another system
>>
>>1255981
They just have no idea what they're doing with this game. They keep getting caught in these cycles where they can't fix something so they do a rework, but they can't fix that so then they do a rework, but now they can't fix that...
>>
>>1256129
Hyperlanes are dumb, other FTL drives shouldn't have been removed just to allow for chokepoints, if hyperlanes are weak compared to the others, just make them faster.
>>
>>1256126
They got humilliated by serbia so they had to quickly bomb their civillians to save their face.
>>1256127
I don't seethe I'm just stating facts, your "flight paths" in space are massive and come from every other direction at you and this is not accounting for the ability to slip into subspace where you can't be observed before you arrive in a target system.
>>1256129
Yes, and hyperlanes are dumb.
>>
>Warp was balanced by being super fucking slow and getting fucked early game
>Muh wormhole ftl too op
>Had to make multiple wormhole stations to go anywhere + upkeep
>Devs could just add smth like anti wormhole station that fucks with wormhole travel time or make it act like massive ftl inhibitor
Woah so hard
>>
>>1256131
Speed wasn't the issue. They were removed because they made defenses pretty much pointless, and defenses are still weak as fuck to this day.
Shit, at that point they'd be better off just implementing auto-resolve combat and stop pretending that combat has any depth or thought beyond making your numbers bigger than the other empire's numbers.
>>
>>1256088
>Why should I have to be strategic about my fleet movements in a strategy war game

>>1256103
Don't even reply to me if you're going to be a faggot
>>
File: Smile shepard.jpg (171 KB, 707x707)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>1256133
Man serbs truly be like
>Yea we barely inflicted any casualties whatsoever, ran away from even the smallest of NATO forces and still have the Government the US forced us to have, but we still totally won!
>>
>Starbase that is always in the middle of the system vs military stations that you could place ANYWHERE in the system
>Somehow stations BAD
>>
>>1256144
Stratey would be more in depth if you had to worry about protecting every single planetary body separately and managing to somehow stay on top of the empire.
>>
>>1256152
It would just make investing alloy into anything but ships a terrible idea.
>>
>>1256151
>I was merely pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>1256160
>He was not pretending to be retarded, he literally was retarded.
>>
>>1256154
It would slow down expansion but I wouldn't say only ships would matter. It also adds some interesting strategic depth where different solar systems are colonised by multiple empires.
>>
File: 66599651.jpg (9 KB, 250x250)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1256131
I was there when they made hyperlanes even worse by having them move to the edge of the system rather than be able to move from anywhere in the system, and at some point before or with 2.0 I remember they made it so that the fleet has to go to where the hyperlane comes from to move through it rather than just be at the edge of the system. Now they added hyper relays that do what hyperlanes used to do, but have to be manually constructed using influence, alloys and rare crystals.
>>1255987
They made the space game where ships can move freely through space anywhere have even less freedom of movement than their other ground-based map painter games. Even after 6 years they didn't fix the doomstack issue and added little in the way of comeback mechanics and side methods of aggression such as espionage (which is also really weak, anemic and not even good for anything other than stealing research).
>>
>>1256096
They're purely a defensive measure to either limit or deter invaders, which makes warring in this game even more of a bitch than it already is.
>have to use expensive claims or attempt vassalization to actually lay your hands on any system one way or another, the former rapidly gets expensive because the price increases by how many hyperlanes away the claimed system is from a system you own
>empires love to go into defensive pacts that make warring far more drawn out because you have to go bomb their allies too, and they'll almost certainly end up in one if you engage in warring, even if it takes in-game years for your fleet to reach the enemy's allies
>have to grab an army to conquer a planet even if the ground combat mechanic feels like an afterthought, can't combine the army and the fleet
>finally get your hands on a system with a planet, now you have to deal with Paradox's terrible planetary management system and making the planet profitable and functional even as it bites into your resources and empire size
>can't disable automatic resettlement (at least for machine empires even with migration controls on), so if you want to just get rid of a planet after conquering it you have to manually resettle your pops away from it after all the other pops are purged
>can't designate from which shipyards you want your fleet to be built, meaning that reinforcements could take more than half a year to reach your fleet even if it would have been faster for the ships to be built from the same shipyard the fleet is docked at
>war machines like colossus ships and juggernauts are overkill and mean that you already won the game and are now just fucking around
>>
>>1256129
And hyperlanes suck dick and were memed into becoming the sole FTL travel method by the pseudo-competitive circlejerk that is responsible for every other bad decision that happened in Stellaris after release.
>>
>>1256154
Congrats, champ, you just discovered why being a bunkernoob is bad, and why coastal guns never won a war
>>
>>1256077
I agree with most of that stuff, but system sharing does sound cool, if mostly for roleplay reasons rather than gameplay ones.
>>
>>1256268
>>1256438
if you let spaceships just go anywhere you reduce the complexity and thought put into war; there is no reason to do anything except FTL your doomstack directly to their homeworld/critical resource planets
it becomes impossible to check doomstacks, you cannot use defeat in detail tactics, fleets just go around wherever they feel like, there is no "terrain"
hyperjumps at the edge of the system introduce a mitigatible risk and helps differentiate ship types so you can't just FTL safetyblanket away all the time with any fleet

basically you are retarded and have no idea why you even want what you want let alone understand how fucking shallow and boring your game would be

they made the changes they did because people realized it was stupid as hell and needed to change
>>
>>1256668
How do you give gold to strangers on here?
>>
Is there an origin that lets you start as a vassal?
>>
>>1256668
You're honestly saying that the current stellaris warfare isn't shallow and boring from a tactical perspective? The shallow boringness is a foundational issue with strategic level strategy, if you're having fun either not playing well and too focused on the "ground" level of the war, or you're an autist who enjoys logistics (like me). Stellaris could and should work to be a better space empire simulator rather than just some shitty EU4 sandbox but with a space flavor.
>>
>>1255987
They broke the AI in a patch years ago and just took everything out rather than figure out how they broke it.
>>
>>1256133
>brain dead Slav shits up yet another thread
Somalia has a superior military record against America than Serbia.
>>
>>1256668
>if you let spaceships just go anywhere you reduce the complexity and thought put into war
That's simply untrue, prior to the rework intelligence was everything because even the AI could run circles around you, nowadays even before Nemesis the Sentry Array was pointless.
>there is no reason to do anything except FTL your doomstack directly to their homeworld/critical resource planets
This is already much more strategic than painting over starbases until the exhaustion meter goes up to a 100
>you cannot use defeat in detail tactics
As opposed to now?
>hyperjumps at the edge of the system introduce a mitigatible risk
You are a certified moron who probably never played the old Stellaris, the gravity well shit was always there and has nothing to do with hyperlane vs warp vs gate. You're the same kind of a big thinker as those Japanese admirals who thought Americans would fight them for every island instead of just bypassing most of them.
>>
>>1256668
>war in space must have terrain or it sucks
Fuck off retard
>>
>>1256668
It works for Endless Space 2.
Space combat inevitably has different logistics tied to it, but what the developers did to "equalize the playing field" was pure nonsense competitive balancing. You can unlock a tech that allows science ships to traverse the galaxy without hyperlanes but you need advanced "jump drives" that are still magically bound to hyperlanes despite how they function, and if you actually use the jump drive your entire fleet is severely weakened for half an in-game year. Why? Nobody knows! But we know it happens because Paradox wanted to balance it competitively so that ships that ignore hyperlanes can't start rampaging immediately after jumping into enemy territory and can be wrecked by a fleet half their power. Oh, and it still summons the Unbidden, the strongest crisis in the game, because why the fuck not? It might be only a shadow of what it was before 2.0 but it's still "forbidden" tech!
You can't just go ahead and turn your starbases into fortresses to actually defend your territory, there's an arbitrary limit like naval capacity to consider, but late-game fleets completely steamroll them anyway. You can build defense platforms but defense platforms are trash, if the starbase gets destroyed you have to dump a ton of alloys into rebuilding the platforms back because they don't have disengagement or anything of the sort, alloy that would be far better used in building up the fleet. The problem isn't how warp can move from place to place bypassing defenses, it's that the defenses are fucking shit! Planets don't even have any anti-ship measures, and even before 2.0 you were able to build a FTL inhibitor that would make the warping enemy fleet appear where the inhibitor would be, preferably in the same place you spammed a metric ton of defense platforms.
>>
File: 1585581177963.jpg (34 KB, 261x477)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>1255178
>play with ACOT for the buildings
>can't stand the awful memeshit crowbarred in, drop it
>brain's rotted down enough that I feel weak without my magical 200 alloys per job planets
fucks sake
>>
>>1256915
Just make an Ecoomenopolis?
>>
>>1256921
I keep forgetting to remove the DLC flag from them
>>
>>1256930
DLC flag?
>>
>>1256933
last I checked Ecumenopolis need a DLC (I think megacorp?) to build. Did that change at some point and I just never noticed?
>>
>>1256938
Just pirate the game? Or use creamapi?
>>
>>1256945
bit late to pirate it since I bought it years ago and I haven't a clue what creamapi is so I settle for manually clearing the DLC tags from the game. If they're going to bloat the features in anyway I might as well use them.
>>
>>1255178
I like the Stargate Universe Reborn total conversion mod.
>>
When they first moved onto hyperlane only I remember the hyperlane generation produced a nice mix of choke points and relatively open areas. At some point they reduced it to producing endless long corridors for some reason and it made fighting in them feel like a boring slog.
>>
>>1256945
hows creamapi work
>>
>>1255178
most of the top mods are gay chink shit
>>
Should I get Nemesis and Overlord when they go on sale? I'm not really seeing much out of Overlord.
>>
>>1256103
low iq take
>>
>>1256668
I agree with all of that
>>
>>1256668
Yes. These are all true. That's what makes things interesting. Shit, nerf orbital bombardment, and suddenly, armies have something to do.
>>
>>1257102
>Shit, nerf orbital bombardment
No.

Their worlds must burn until their surface is but glass.
>>
>>1257102
Early game orbital bombardment is too weak. You can't do shit with Corvettes and Destroyers.
>>
>>1256707
there are two dlcs that give vassal origin. one is for being a vassal of a fallen empire and the other for being part of a vassal swarm too a advanced start empire
>>
>>1257119
ok but I'm not buying DLC for this game ever

there's mods that do it?
>>
>Start as Commonwealth of Man
>First alien encounter is UNE who is right next door
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw-hIRubQ0w
>>
>>1257102
>armies have something to do
Why should they? Literally the most barebones, uninteractive and boring component of Stellaris. Make the ground combat complex enough to be worth a shit or keep it simple and irrelevant. The notion that ground battles can be decisive in an interstellar war is retarded anyway and requires some Dune/Battletech-style setting where only transports exist, or a 40k situation where one side is defending its assets against genocidal monsters that cannot be decisively defeated.
>>
>>1256668
or you can just you know, make FTL inhibitors have an AOE radius that pervents enemies from from wormholing or jump driving to anywhere besides the starbase or planet with the inhibitor, letting you keep chokepoints
>>
>>1255981
If you've just noticed this, I've got a sick deal on Beanie Babies for you.
>>
>>1257282
easiest solution. like trade hubs but instead of collection range it's no-enemy-ftl range.
>>
>>1255987
Yup, this is when Stellaris died.

>Ruined sectors

Now we have a slow buggy game filled with pointless micro. That fucking hack Wiz literally promised the exact opposite.
>>
>>1256077
You're a fucking retard.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (455 KB, 1920x1080)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
>AI releases angry nanobots on the galaxy before anyone has strong enough fleets to combat them
>>
What mods should I download?
>>
CPU or Big ram needed for large galaxies?
>>
Proposal: Remove all current FTL types and replace it with warp drives.
Warp drives would work by enabling a fleet to move a certain distance across the intersystem map per day, modified by its regular engine speed. Higher tier warp drives would make movement faster. In the early game they would be extremely slow. There would be no restriction on distance other than how much time you were willing to commit. Notably, a warp cannot be canceled after it is initiated.
If you warp into a hostile system with an FTL inhibitor then your only option is to disable the FTL inhibitor if you want to be able to get that fleet out of that system.
For an option of building infrastructure to decrease travel times? A warp hub structure that can be built around once around a body in the system. When using a warp hub to travel to another system with a warp hub you will gain a 2x speed increase and will arrive at the warp hub of the destination. The warp hub should probably also come with a trade value buff if it's built around an inhabited world.

Additionally, make planetary bombardment reduction buffs multiplicative and change their values accordingly so that fortress worlds are more viable later into the game and having a strong army can matter more.
>>
>>1258079
I think it was CPU. Beefy ones.
>>
>Try to change vassal to prospectorium
>Research cannot be lower than 0.00
huh
>>
>>1257872
Yeh.
Something like this happened to me. AI opened the gates in like 2270. I had 3 fucking L-Gates on my territory.
>>
>>1257872
Oh shit, I think that was me, actually. Might have killed billions on accident but trying to keep everything together as the galaxy falls into chaos was the only time I actually felt something while playing this fucking game
>>
>felt like playing Stellaris for the first time in a while
>caved and bought the dlc I was missing
>actually having fun
Is this just a honeymoon phase bro?
>>
>>1258528
Yep, wait till a criminal syndicate fills every single holding slot of yours with crime producing buildings and you can’t do shit about it.
>>
Should i get overlord?
>>
File: 20221111202315_1.jpg (293 KB, 1920x1080)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
Holy shit there's a chance to terraform Venus.
>>
>>1258539
Uhhh bro, why would you allow crime on your planets? Or do you mean the megacorp criminals?
>>
>>1257872
L-gates were a failed idea, just like the caravaneers, which is why there is an option to disable them in the game setup screen.
>>
Uhhhh how do you assign governors to sectors? How do you even make actual sectors?
>>
>>1258539
crime creates jobs I don't see the problem.
>>
>>1258539
Had a criminal syndicate as my defensive ally in the last game who did just this. Literally a non-issue if you have 1 precinct on each planet
>>
File: 20221111234535_1.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1080)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>Use Omnicodex to spawn pop on Ecumenopolis.
>Ecumenopolis Preference.
Literally the meme of that guy who cries if taken out of the city.
>>
>>1256077
I used defence platforms to fix piracy spawn when I couldn't be bothered to plan out optimal starbase placement autism or resetting fleet patrols after every time you pull them away for a war.
>>
>>1258697
kek

>>1255178
>What mods are you recomending?
planetary diversity should be part of vanilla, me thinks
otherwise im testing extra weapon slots and improved starbases. planetary habitats is also a great fucking mod

any other subterranean chads in the thread? have you ever got the chrystal nightmare event? what's your opinion?
>>
>senatOIDS keep nuking my naval capacity for mercs
joining the galactic community was a mistake...
>>
>>1258873
Just leave?
>>
>>1258694
what a load of horseshit, you have to be a dev to shill this nonsense. A crim syndicate spoogies your planet with 100-180 crime. Each cop drops it by 25, even a tier 6 precinct can’t keep up. Functionally like 20% of your pops and building slots have to be dedicated to eating shit and you have no way to stop it. Probably the gayest mechanic the swedes ever came up with.
>>
File: 20221112083325_1.jpg (512 KB, 1920x1080)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
>Meet a purger species
>They always have the silliest portraits
I know Prikkiki-Ti is a set race but in the last game i had a devouring swarm of snails and in the game before that purifier dolphins.
>>
>>1258907
Buildings get shutdown before they have a chance to grow. Sounds like a skill issue
>>
File: Hlep.jpg (517 KB, 1920x1080)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
>>1258915
>Ah, yes, 'Reapers'. The race of sentient peafowls allegedly hell bent on eradicating all life in the galaxy. We have dismissed these claims.
>>
>>1258907
imagine not being a psionic ascensionchad and being able to solely rely on telepaths
>>
>>1258915
>>1258998
villains most fowl
>>
Uhm... Stellarisbros? What the h*ck is this?
>>
>>1259229
What's not clicking
>>
So is scion start basically just you having a sugar daddy?
>>
>use to play xenophobe for le purging meme
>realize it's just better to be a xenophilicCHAD
>>
>>1259310
Scion start is basically a cheat start. You can pretty much do whatever you want early game because no one wants to get slapped by your fallen pimp. Also, they usually don't make any requests of you since your income is paltry in comparison to theirs and while also giving outrageous gifts to their favorite puppy. Like, they can give you a 5k+ destroyer fleet as a good boy treat in the early game where most of the galaxy doesn't even have a 1k corvette fleet yet.
>>
>>1259319
based, how is imperial fiefdom? similar, but less OP since your overlord is just an advanced empire and not an FE?
>>
>>1259320
I've never tried it, so I honestly don't know. I've seen people talking about various ways to cheese it though, so I assume it's busted as well in similar ways.
>>
There are so many fucking portraits nowadays but still the devs can't fucking code so we don't get repeating portraits for species.
>>
>>1258989
Lying again, for what reason? There is a 10 year cooldown on the event that shuts down a building. They just fucking rebuild them lmao.
>>
>>1255178
I still play 2.1.3 because I refused to relearn the planet tile rework.
>>
>>1259316
It's better, but I genuinely hate looking at the demographic pie charts of xenophile empires and then I lapse back into xenophobe mode,
>>
Domestic Servitude is fucked up beyond belief.
>>
>It's everyone in galactic community breaches X galactic law episode
>>
>>1259376
>muh tiles
the tiles were an inappropriate minigame. the current model of planetary economy is better, but it's also slower and laggier because every pop has to check every day for a new job
>>
>>1259517
The current system could be better, but it isn't.
>it's also slower and laggier because every pop has to check every day for a new job
Didn't they already fix that? It's still laggy, but not as laggy as it previously was.
>>
>>1259517
>the current model of planetary economy is better, but it's also slower and laggier because every pop has to check every day for a new job
It would be a massive improvement to just have vicky style pops instead of pops still being a discrete unit of undefined population desu
>>
File: 1664851011032747.jpg (59 KB, 750x471)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>1259566
>discrete unit of undefined population
I think this is for the better. I think at this point a pop isn't a unit of population but a unit of production. In this way you can roleplay as species of differing sizes. A Pop of humans might be equal to 1 bilion individuals while a pop of space rats is worth 2 bilion individuals, while a pop of space giants is worth 500K individuals.

It can be seen in the biography of one of the empires.
>An "individual" among the Jehetma is actually a large colony of fungi that has developed sapience. Some of these colonies, generally those that have lived for thousands of years, stretch across several miles and rarely leave the surface of Jehet Prime, their homeworld (few ships are large enough to transport them).
>>
>>1259581
Just have a little tooltip stating that the population isn't exact, but rather the equivalent number of humans.
>>
File: 1636806530415.jpg (101 KB, 1024x702)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>1259581
This doesn't actually work very well in the mechanics because a single pop still takes a similar amount of food/housing/amenities regardless of how many individuals you imagine it contains, the same for pretending the different social strata pops contain different numbers of individuals when the game doesn't reflect this in how pops promote and demote.
Consider that the species creation is likely the game's most well liked gimmick, they could incorporate the relative value of humans verses giant fungi colonies verses fast breeding rats into that. Something like a slider for r verses K selection. Consider also the amount of mechanics that are disconnected from the pop system because a pop is just too many individuals (if I remember the dev's multiplayer stream when they moved into the new system, they seemed to be RPing that a pop is around half a billion individuals), like ships and stations don't require any pops. And the system rules out representing cool sf concepts like small domed settlements or realistic space habits like a Stanford torus or an O'Neil cylinder because the population of those wouldn't be multiple pops, so space habits have to go from 0 to planet tier megastructures with no inbetween
And that's just the vanilla game, think of the setting changing TC mods that are gimped by the current system. The top rated of all time mod on the workshop is based on Star Trek, and while it does have a resource to represent people qualified to crew a starship, the current pop system doesn't allow them to represent somewhere like DS9 properly, and see what I said about O'Neil cylinders for the guy who was uploading B5 shipsets a while ago. I don't know how the Mass Effect mod handles the citadel but I imagine they'll have to be fudging the numbers or underplaying the diversity of the species who're supposed to be living there.
If they make a Stellaris 2 with a more flexible pop system and more species creation I will absolutely day 1 pirate it.
>>
>>1259565
they "fixed" it by heavily impairing growth. by the time you get to 1000 pops, it takes many times longer to birth a new pop than it did at the start of the game. Even if you settle new planets, it doesn't matter, because the new growth model takes into account the size of your empire. Sitting there and buying slaves is the only way to quickly grow your population now.

>>1259566
yes, i agree. stellaris pops should just be a number. so should fleets. instead, we have simulated pops and physically simulated battles because that is all very important when you throw 1000 ships into the mix and the law of averages takes over anyway.
>>
>>1259651
That solution to pops isn't very difficult, but how would changing ships like that be implemented?
>>
>>1259658
Very carefully
>>
Commonwealth of Man is the only premade worth playing at all.
>>
>get sentinels event as CoM
>only option is to destroy the sentinels
>2250 strength army immediately kills the 2 garrison ones
>read up that I need like 3k+ strength of armies to beat them
>tfw gonna lose a valuable mining planet
>tfw cant do anything as I watch 30 human pops die
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Should battleships do better at patrolling, since they are bigger and meaner?
>>
>>1259367
Works fine for me :) Git gud
>>
Decided to play again after a very long break. Had a kino galactic war that was just me and my one vassal against almost the whole galaxy because I built a colossus. Eventually peaced out and had a small continuation war a few years later but then one of the AI decided to become the crisis so that put a halt to the impending Galactic War II which was disappointing. Probably the most fun I've had when it comes to war though.
Generally I much prefer the exploration and colonization stage of the game instead of the mid to late game wars since they just feel like numbers games than anything interesting or unique after the 2.0 update.
>>
>>1255983
How to beat game on grand admiral?
>>
>>1259819
No, pirates are weak fast raiders, you want a bunch small ships (lots of corvettes, some destroyers, and maybe the occasional cruiser carrier acting as a command ships) to be on patrol, rather than a few big battleships which are built solely for large scale warfare.
But based on the number system, corvettes are the best since they’re worth 4 points of anti-piracy when sending them on patrol, while Destroyers=3, Cruisers=2, and Battleships=1.
>>
File: 1563292915123.png (950 KB, 1198x677)
950 KB
950 KB PNG
>+1000 star galaxy size
>AI empires 0
>2x primitives
>>
>>1259953
I put them to x5 and just explore.
>>
suddenly seem to have a world cracker and no idea where I got it from; don't have the perk etc. Can you capture them or are there events / anomalies that reward them that I somehow clicked through?
>>
File: 20221113174255_1.jpg (354 KB, 1920x1080)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>Join a defensive ally in a war to remove criminal frogs from our planets
>Beat them handily
>Realise the terms were only to remove frogs from my allies planets
At least i took their core worlds
>>
File: 20221113183837_1.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
Very subtle.
>>
>>1260158
hehehe
>>
File: 20221113201857_1.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1080)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
"I disagree"
>>
>>1259819
>be pirate in corvettes/destroyers
>see big ass battleship
>just fly away and raid some other system
git gud
>>
>>1259819
Only if they have strike craft to catch the pirate vessels.
>>
Feudal empires are stupid good early game. It's +20 extra monthly unity straight up, more once you start hiring more leaders. You can finish several tradition trees in the first decade of the game if you get a couple of lucky unity generating events on top of that. Plus you can just spam science ships without worrying about upkeep
>>
>attacking dw*rfoids portrait empire early
>in their scramble to get more planets, they settled on a world they and their subservient species had a 25% habitability rating on
So... do I just turn these into a little shit tier vassal?
>>
File: 1664367090762409.jpg (47 KB, 500x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>1258483
>Might have killed billions on accident
>only time I actually felt something while playing this fucking game
I hope that what you felt was arousal
>>
>>1259907
adding to this; you can just build cheap shit corvettes with no weapons or armor and they'll suppress piracy just the same
unless fucking 's'w*dish devs nerfed this
>>
>>1259627
Counterargument: smaller pops will require less housing/food, although amenities are odd
Domed settlements are basically represented
I think a good way to represent ds9/citadel is with a more liberal usage of leaders
Pops need to be touched up upon, but i think it can be done in a major update, not a whole new game
Vicky-lite pops would be a welcome addition for stellaris 2, but this game can and will last for quite a bit
>>
>>1259880
tech rush
>>
>>1260851
>Counterargument: smaller pops will require less housing/food, although amenities are odd
Fair point for food, but I don't think it works very well for housing considering that any species can use housing built for any species. Which is arguably silly for food but for different reasons than the quantity of it.
>Domed settlements are basically represented
But mechanically they don't have any people living on them. Or in mods with domed settlements that use pops they've got the same problem of being billions and billions of people in what should be marginal frontier things.
>I think a good way to represent ds9/citadel is with a more liberal usage of leaders
Leaders are another thing that I think's underdeveloped due to them not having much clue what they're actually wanting them to be. Even then I think any solution using leaders for places like that would still be horribly underselling how diverse they're meant to be, especially considering they're meant to have transient traders as well as permanent residents. And I think it'll still feel pretty hollow due to their not being an actual population layer under them
>Pops need to be touched up upon, but i think it can be done in a major update, not a whole new game
I'd be pretty happy if they improved performance enough that it became safe to increase the number of pops by a large enough factor that I could pretend they're a smaller number of individuals desu
>Vicky-lite pops would be a welcome addition for stellaris 2
Agreed. Though a space mod for Vicky3 or even Imperator might be cool too.
>>
>>1259229
Leftists cannot create, only warp or destroy.
>>
>>1261049
>burger politics
>>
>>1261047
Unless you wanna simulate nearly every pop those things would be pretty empty
Most of those traders are fairly irrelevant. Have a few leaders that are information brokers, weapon traders or spec ops dudes that you can use for various purposes
I think I know how to kill to birds with one stone, allowing pops to take multiple jobs while increasing performance. I ranted about that in the previous thread
Basically pops are assigned to a strata instead of a job. Then the output of a strata is calculated like this (total job output)*(amount of pops)/(amount of pops required), with bonuses added afterwards. This way you can have more pops total, since there are less calculations and a pop can hold more then one job, so a one-pop domed settlement can produce minerals while being self-sufficient despite only a single pop living there
Vicky or Imperator mod will suffer from lack of customizable races and shitty ideologies
>>
>>1261058
It's the truth. The stupid-ass screenshot you posted is basically Logan's Run. It's almost exactly the same.
>>
>>1261065
I'm not that anon.
>burger politics
>>
>>1261061
>Unless you wanna simulate nearly every pop those things would be pretty empty
That's basically what Vicky style pops would do, a single pop in v2 ackchyually being 4 people aside. Though now that I've thought about it though a hypothetical Stellaris 2 pop system could change that number depending on how the species is designed, extremely fast breeding space rats aren't likely to have nuclear families.
>Basically pops are assigned to a strata instead of a job. Then the output of a strata is calculated like this (total job output)*(amount of pops)/(amount of pops required), with bonuses added afterwards. This way you can have more pops total, since there are less calculations and a pop can hold more then one job, so a one-pop domed settlement can produce minerals while being self-sufficient despite only a single pop living there
I really really like this idea. It would need some tweaks like diminishing returns on having more than the required pops working in a strata and a way to cut off pops from entering the strata so pops can be unemployed. Or perhaps unemployment could just be a number that increases based on having too many pops above the required pops number?
I can see a lot of potential in doing this. Like tweaking the "required pops" number would be a really simple way to represent levels of automation that're below the leevel of actual robots.
>Vicky or Imperator mod will suffer from lack of customizable races and shitty ideologies
It would lose something from Stellaris in needing to be a set setting, either a donut steal or franchise with enough fluff to fill out the map without making too much shit up. I do think ther's potential there though
>>
File: laius.jpg (14 KB, 205x245)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>1258915
>First species encounter
>Devouring swarm of penguins
>Delete save
>>
>>1259953
I'm considering that for my first campaign. How boring would it be?
>>
>>1261086
No. Get the basics down first. then jump headfirst into mods and custom scenerios
>>
>>1261074
>>
Feels bad I always end up having to pick purifier or build planet crackers to stave off FPS death.

Yeah bro I love 10 second pause times every other second in late game.

Fuck paradox.
>>
>make a systemcraft and a fleet of planets
>blokkats arrive
>1shots everything I have
>>
File: Revolver Ocelot.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>
>>1261266
I think out of all the leviathans, this one has to be the most horrifying if it were to somehow exist IRL.
>>
>>1261068
Best start believing in burgers, anon. You're posting on a board started by burgers and is 90% burgers.
>>
>>1261287
Stellar devourer is pretty spoopy too
>>
>>1261325
Yes, but the dimensional horror indicates that hell or something very similar to it is actually REAL somewhere.
>>
on the shoulders of giants has become my favorite origin, especially as any kind of spiritualist
>>
File: thonk.png (739 KB, 1024x768)
739 KB
739 KB PNG
>Start right next to another species and have them boxed in 1 planet and 5 systems
If i conquer and purge them before i encounter any other aliens, will the other races just magically know that i holocausted someone?
>>
>>1257018
GOOLD?
>>
>>1256146
The s*rb cope is immeasurable. These subhumans actually believe their small poor full of gypsies third world country matters in any context and russians are their friends
>>
>>1261597
>gypsies
that's romania you fuckin idiot
>>
>>1261600
If it's in Southeastern Europe it's gypsies.
>>
>>1261600
>gypsies are only in romania and not everywhere in the surrounding nations
I am almost certain you're an amerimutt who has never stepped foot in Europe. Europeans know these things.
>you fucking idiot
only an inbred american mongrel can be so certain while being so wrong.
>>
>>1261597
dont forget, when a russian cums, a serb drinks lmao
anyways, what do I do as a machine empire when I spawn next to a fanatic spiritualist/militarist advanced AI? do I just die?
>>
>>1261511
I believe they fix that
>>
>>1261768
Same thing you do next to any advanced AI
>find a singular chokepoint you can hold them off with
>move your economy towards a short term boost of alloys, even if it tanks energy/minerals/cgs
>use alloys to build up your single chokepoint and fleet enough so that they cant crack you
>hope for the best and recover your economy
>find an ally for a defensive pact
>>
Anyone else enjoy seeing empires they created and forced to be your games do well?
>>
>in defensive pact with one of my strongest neighbors to keep myself safe
>he gets himself in a war with a FE before 2300
haha... does the punishment CB only work on him if we lose?
>>
>working with the AI
>ever
its hard coded that all AI actively fight and sabotage the player at every opportunity, even your own AI
its solo and manual or bust
>>
But I like having space friends...
>>
what's the best starting race set up
>>
>>1258640
click create sector button on a planet
then click big governer icon
>>
>>1261928
Same. I recently got a new pc, so I have yet to recreate all the custom nations I've build. I think it was over 50. Each one had a unique shipset.
One thing that bothers me is how they never follow their lore, like Fourth Reich suddenly deciding to be matriarchal
>>
I'm playing as a tall voidborn megacorp gone full synth. After integrating and assimilating a bunch of vassals (whether they liked it or not), I've got about 120 annoying robot pops marring the purity of my society. I've moved them all to a separate planet I used as a staging grounds for pop assimilation, keeping them busy forging alloys. Recently I've become tired of not being able to purge those clankers, so I've engineered a revolt. Removed all enforcers and soldiers, removed a lot of housing and created a lot of unemployment. Turned the robot holding planet into prison planet and moved the assimilation staging to another planet along with my perfect, pure people. The robots, left to their own devices in their concentration camp are midway into rebelling. I've parked 200k fleet and a Neutron Sweeper nearby, ready to jump in and bring a final solution to dirty, unpurgable robot pops problem.
>>
>>1262405
But aren't you a robot too?
>>
>>1262405
Yes, but I'm a PROPER robot, made in our glorious habitat factories. Not one of, you know, THEIR KIND. You never know who exactly built and programmed those filthy xeno robots. They could have all kinds of viruses, that would even be able to survive our firmware update process.
>>
>RNG tech choices

i hate that design
>>
>>1262482
This.
Well since we've already talked about how to redesign the pops and to a lesser extent ships, how would you guys redesign the way tech works?
>>
>crime syndicate opens up on my research planet
AHHHHHHHHH I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO TRAVEL ACROSS THE GALAXY TO KICK YOUR TEETH IN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: frens.jpg (192 KB, 1036x748)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
We will try to make frens with the whole galaxy, and turn the galaxy into an ocean so more frens can come over.
>>
I would like to join you and your frens pls
>>
>No flavor text for Post-apocolyptic Origin turning planets into Tomb-worlds.

They could at least mention how we never learned from our mistakes.
>>
File: toxoid.png (59 KB, 403x246)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
The fuck are these names
>>
>>1262723
making fun of ottoman & bystantine era names
>>
Only recently picked this up. The first successful games were the ones where I just turtled up with envoys and Unyielding, building tall enough that by mid / late game I can spill out absolutely unstoppably. But that got old so I've been trying to play more aggressively and I keep just running into walls of allied empires and losing fights where it turns out to be 1v3 etc. Am I just not being fast enough to kill them before they can group up or do you kinda need one of the purifier type civics/origins to cope? (without meta min-maxing tedium). Probably just bad, so advice?
>>
>permanent employment civic for megacorps
DONT FORGET, YOU'RE HERE FOREVER!
>>
File: euphoric.jpg (19 KB, 353x334)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>Galactic community consists 7 materialist empires, 1 machine empire and 1 driven assimilator
>>
just installed overlord and I fucking hate the hyper relays. You don't even need to defend choke points when the opponent can see you coming and do 2 laps of his territory before coming to meet you. Really fucking early on too
>>
File: math.jpg (48 KB, 500x352)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>Have a rivalry with a same strength neighbour
>Beat them so bad in the first war that they ask to become a subject to a nearby machine empire
>Corner of the map so no other direction to expand to
>Wait for the machine empire to start a war with fanatical purifiers that were wreaking havoc on the other side of the galaxy
>"Now is my time!"
>Declare war on the subject and take over their remaining ~30 systems
>"Now i'll just hold these and sue for peace when the machine empire gets high war exhaustion"
>Realize i somehow already have 80% exhaustion while they have 30%
>What
>Machine empire finally shows up and we have a big fleet engagement
>Win it but now my exhaustion jumps to 100%
>Have to sue for peace
>Lose half my empire including my capital because the subject had claims on them
>Game basically over now
Not even mad, ust suprised. Never been fucked by exhaustion before
>>
>>1263171
Had something similar happen. A group of empires with mutual defense pacts had been fucking up a fallen empire that started a purge on one of them. I wanted to use this situation to weaken my neighbour enough to make them fall out of galactic council to move my vassal in and had a perfectly good hostile takeover cassus belli to use against them. Even though I had full control of all systems of two of those empires, the war ehaustion was like 80/20. Then those fuckers had signed peace with the fallen empire and started moving their fleets toward me. Their combined fleets were around 1 mil power, while mine was about 400 k. I did outmaneuver them for a while and whittled them down to 600-700 k, but lost about 50 k of battleships. That was enough to bump my ehxaustion to 100%. Had to sign a white peace, gained only one system thanks to a claim.

Anyway it motivated me to reorganize my fleets a bit and build them up to 0.6 mil. Also turned out that a lot of those empires didn't like me neutron sweeping the revolted robots I wanted to purge from my pure synth megacorp, so now due to that collossus being used I'm in a total war with 2/3 of the galaxy (I'm the other 1/3). Goddamn robot species still remain in my empire's list, even though they show zero pops. I find this mild annoyance good enough reason for galaxy-wde xeno purge.
>>
I'm fairly new at the game and I keep getting mogged by bigger, more aggressive empires. What do I have to focus on at the beginning to stand a chance? Fleet cap and weapon/armor components?
>>
File: 1391504060017.png (72 KB, 384x289)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>1263171
You think that's bad.
I won a war, by suing for peace on MY terms.
AND LOST SYSTEMS BECAUSE AN EMPIRE I WAS AT WAR WITH HAD CLAIMS ON MY SYSTEM AND THEIR OVERLORD WAS IN MY FEDERATION.
>>
question:
1. suppose you have a uninhabited system with a single star
2. you build a dyson sphere around that star
3. you build a hab in the system, or can use the frozen worlds
4. you set the hab/planet as your capital
5. you do the horizon signal event chain to transform the star into black hole
6. you move capital and leave the system

can you then build a matter decompressor in that system, then build new habs in it? so you can have a system with both dyson sphere and matter decompressor?
>>
>>1263341
1 Megastructure per system.
>>
File: frens1.jpg (200 KB, 840x942)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
New frens.
But these frens don't do good under water.
Something must be done.
>>
File: frensforever.jpg (267 KB, 1402x1034)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>1263351
Much better.
>>
>>1263361
You, uh, fishified all of them?
>>
File: undah da sea.jpg (177 KB, 1260x630)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>1263369
Yes.
And if their portrait didn't look like something that may live in water, I made it so.
>>
What does Stellaris 2 need/need to change?
>>
>>1263383
Start with a coherent game design from day one that does not require multiple major overhauls.
>>
>>1263361
>aquatic
>lives on desert planet
>>
>>1263383
Design it with Vicky style pops (as in actually numbered ones, I.E Earth starts with 11 billion humans or whatever) from the ground up. Give those pops cultures too so you can LARP as enforcing a global monoculture before expanding out of Sol. Dedicate an entire team to just working on flavour shit so it doesn't get boring after a single playthrough where you saw all the anomalies.
>>
>>1263387
You're not reading that right.
>>
File: 1609754892351.jpg (98 KB, 1200x1200)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>it's another episode of getting rushed by a neighbour empire and their 4 friends before I've even been able to set up
>>
>>1263383
make a standardized universe map that is actually aesthetic and interesting. It being entirely randomized mostly equidistant star lanes is incredibly boring; like one thing fun about in eu4 is certain regions have certain playstyles, like pwning china on the plains of shandong peninsula or the gruelling jungle fighting in sri lanka.
>>
>>1263584
>tfw you run into a hegemon federation random spawned ai early game
Time to either die, or get 3 new species worth of slaves.
>>
>be the yuhtoid empire
>find other sapient life after 2 million years of searching
>REEEEE out and try to kill them
>get your 2 million year old space empire annihilated by some dudes who got space travel down like 10 years ago
lmao
>>
>my current heir became the chosen one
based immortal god emperor
>>
>lost 7 systems, and 5 planets in 1 war because nigger robot neighbor invited 8 other people to kick my teeth in
Well, was a fun 100 years I guess...
>>
File: 4ydr79oxw6p41.png (1.75 MB, 2922x451)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>Driven assimilator
>Lithoid
>Extremely adaptative
>Cybernetic by default
Set primitives to max
>>
>Exotic metabolism on everyone
Yay or lol no gas?
>>
>>1259953
How about turning primitives and others and only leaving Endgame Crisis?
>>
Are destroyers even worth having once you unlock battleships? Should i just roll with corvettes, cruisers and battleships?
>>
>First game in a forever
>60 years after starting
>Literally everyone is either pathetic or inferior in comparison

What difficulty are you guys playing? Ensign seems to be trivially easy
>>
File: MoO2.jpg (73 KB, 500x499)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
just play Master of Orion 2 instead
>>
Anyone tried the ethics and civic bug branch mod? What are some good civics to try?
>>
>>1264316
admiral, stellaris has the second worst AI of all paradox games.
>>
>>1264288
theoretically you can have evasion 90% destroyers with L slots, so a cheap ship both for hunting large and small enemies. in practice, no, they're not worth it.
>>
>>1264390
I like to keep destroyers around as picket ships for my fleets.
>>
>try to be nice guy
>every time some xenIGGER rolls up with a bunch of his xenIGGER friends and curb stomps me
okay, xenophobe time!
>>
what's the benefit to releasing sectors as their own empires instead of just running them yourself? Save on micro managing and empire size?
>>
>find primitives
>acquire nihilistic acquisition
>enslave them as I bomb them
ez
>>
File: war_exhaustion.png (482 KB, 1024x744)
482 KB
482 KB PNG
>>1263171
War exhaustion is bs in the current state it is. A clock slowly ticking up with no way to change it. You can't pull a "two more weeks" and reduce it in any way after you start the war. You only can reduce it growth which does make some sense. But the fact that you can't just get your leader pull a independence day speech to raise morale and reduce war exhaustion is bs.
>>
how fuckin long is this patch going to take
it's been like 2 months already
>no i will not play the beta
>>
>find derelict ship
>able to save the crew
>make contact with them
>it's a fanatic purfier
>they have the cute little fox portraits
good thing there is a fallen empire between me and them, they'll probably get beat up a bunch by them
>>
do you actually ascend to godhood if you complete the crisis event or was it actually just manic insanity and you killed yourself and took the galaxy with you? or is it supposed to be vague?
>>
>>1264715
I think you de-materialize everyone and transform them into energy beings in the Shroud.
I might be wrong though.
>>
File: 20221118191915_1.jpg (221 KB, 1920x1080)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
hey lads i have a problem with the game and I don't know if its just me doing something wrong or that the game has this problem.
Basically every time I play the game i end up being basically invincible very early on and it just makes the game boring, yeah there are a few hours of gameplay where steamrolling a few aliens is ok but its so tedious to dominate every other empire in the midgame
I play with not many mods and they are mostly graphics and other QOL features, nothing too game changing.
Anyway lads here is a screenshot I took this morning.
Cheers
>>
>>1264603
Yes, and if you have overlord, you can boost them into various bonus-giving subtypes.
>>
>>1255178
test
>>
Is the torpedo boat and combat update in yet?
>>
>>1264848
RP the fuck out of your race or put self-imposed challenged (no top tier civics, research orders, etc...)
>>
>>1264667
Incorrect. War exhaustion is bullshit because it does not cause damage to society. Prolonged total warfare should destroy the economy and destabilize the political system.
>>
>>1264930
Two more weeks.
>>
>>1265074
I'm imagining war exhaustion just routing your economy... not a bad notion.
>>
File: 20221118191857_1.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>1265033
oh dear.
is there any other way to make the game more enjoyable in the mid-late game??
Im thinking of pumping the difficulty up but I dont think that is going to do much except make the ai "cheat"
Here is another screenshot
Cheers
>>
>large galaxy with 15 empires
>5x habitable planets and 5x primitives
>random empire placement
>get basically put alone in my own corner
comfy game
>>
>>1265444
Play with Starnet AI.
>>
>want to play something other than fanatic spiritualist/w/e
>end up sorely missing the FAT unity gains
>>
>>1263171
>playing vanilla
you deserved it
the war exhaustion system was designed to passive aggressively fuck the player if they went to war at all
you gotta use the mods that reduce the rate to actually play the game
>>
File: MOTHERFUCKER.jpg (17 KB, 200x225)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>Vassalise a megacorp
>Now have permanent -25% diplomatic weight from humiliated because these retards keep trying to colonise FE holy worlds who keep REEEEEING at me about it
>>
>>1265644
>Using cheats
>>
>>1265905
>modding is le cheating
Where did this fucking meme come from?
>>
so I'm a few victories and a bunch on non-starters in. I love the idea of a mega corp government but doesn't it just suck? +25% size penalty seems a lot to balance out being able to establish holdings on people's planets (which in turn increase empire size), and it quickly checks the initial unity bonus.
>>
>>1265920
Butthurt devs
>>
>>1265472
>only 15
If you aren't trying your best to fill the galaxy to the brim with Empires, are you even playing Stellaris right?
>>
>>1265889
>vassalizing/defending anyone near a FE until you're strong enough to fight one
bad idea
>>1266343
you're right, I'll have to do that next game I play
>>
>>1265889
You can change their vassal contract to prohibit expansion bro.
>>
Are there any less bloated alternatives to NSC2? I remember there was one that just added new weapon types.
>>
Fly armored laser fleets.
>>
>getting ready to beat up one fallen empire
>federation member gets into war with one on the otherside of my empire that is undefended
WELP time to run my fleets over there and hope I dont lose too much during that time
>>
>>1266534
Does it help when they already control the system?
>>
>finishing the precursor event spawns a lane between my undefended capital and the fucking crisis horde
>>
File: Eat shit.jpg (375 KB, 1920x1080)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
>Try to play peaceful pacifist plants
>First species we encounter abducts my science vessel, dissects my scientist and then gloats about it when we finally translate their language
>Proceed to turn 2/3 their empire into my pacifist vassal, then turn myself into a militarist because my pops now prefer war over peace
>Claim the remaining systems and destroy them
I feel like this always happens when i try to be peaceful
>>
>>1266662
what is that UI mod?
>>
>>1266671
Tiny outliner v2
>>
>>1263171
yeah the current war exhaustion/claims system is complete bunk
>>
File: Spoiler Image (107 KB, 683x1024)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>1255987
Balanced for multiplayer.
>>
What's a good guide for this game anons? And which of the (((DLCs))) are required to play?
>>
>>1266749
here's a guide
1. start a war with your AI neighbour. if you're pacifist, insult him until he attacks you
2. wait until he crashes his fleet into a starbase that you have placed at a space chokepoint.
3. counter attack him and take all his planets while his fleet is in recovery

You now have double the economy of all the AI players and you have won the game. congratulations.
>>
>>1266772
And some people unironically defend chokepoints in space-gameplay.
>>
>>1266736
Kek, he looks like an ftm tranny.
>>
Keep forgetting but do you keep enemy systems if you status quo in total war?
>>
>>1266814
like a war of annihilation? yes, as long as you control the system fully and there isn't some preexisting claim bullshit that your ally has
>>
>>1266646
Not even a little
>>
>>1263596
That's what it needs to be a proper GS. Handmade galaxy with actual lore and history, asymmetric starts so you can have a different experience and challenges as different races.
>>
File: 1500643526135.png (200 KB, 500x276)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>Turn shuffle off
>Music playlist still shits itself after a couple of tracks and starts playing random songs
>>
>>1266736
competitive balance and it's consequences have been--
>>
>>1266674
ty homie
>>
>Didn't put NSC2 at the exact bottom of the mod list behind even basic resource patches
>its entirely fucking broken
how do pajeets do it
>>
I Play On 0.5x Hyperlanes
>>
>turn off auto-generate ship designs
>it still fucking auto generates them
How do they fuck up something as simple as that?
>>
>try out starnet ai on ensign
>got BTFO 3 times in a row
I had 10 ships out when an enemy with clone army origin came knocking with 36 corvettes and raped my butthole.
>>
File: 1499781027196.png (803 KB, 1100x700)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
>>1259953
>set galaxy to go by as fast as possible
>let endgame crisis exterminate most the galaxy
>reseed galaxy with new life before retreating either back to my core worlds or the L Cluster entirely
>put on the memorialist civic
>fill a planet with nothing but sanctuaries of repose
>>
>>1264603
literally just lowers the micro and empire size yes; good to LARP if you have a feudal empire as well at least

>>1266662
>democratic crusaders
Hate those cunts. Do they still sperg out about hiveminds and try to conquer you to liberate your pops, therefore dooming them to slowly waste away?
>>
>play with startech ai cadet
>half of the empires died to early khan
>but the remainder empires formed the galactic council, voted the local exterminators as crisis and murdered it before they even reach level 5 crisis, killed all 5 of the fallen empires before 2300 and fought back the x5 end game crisis in under 30 years
I can't imagine this shit on Grand Admiral im so scared.
>>
>>1267554
Yes, new not-retarded AI is scary with all the 200% resource benefits.
>>
File: here we go again.jpg (49 KB, 600x344)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>1266662
>Get rolled by 2 devouring swarms
>Try again
>First contact is a gangbang federation of honorbound warriors who immediately start harming our relations
I guess peace was never an option.
>>
>>1267656
>start a new game on admiral as my fav extreme materialists
>good start, lots of empty systems behind my borders
>first aliens
>martial fanatic spiritualists
>they immediately gather their forces (3x mine) on the border and start subjugation war
>painfully throw everything into defense losing system after system
>defeat them in my home system, start pushing back
>second aliens
>martial fanatic spiritualists
>they start harming our relations
>third aliens
>spiritualists fallen empire
>angry with me
yeah, peace was never an option.
>>
>>1267670
I hear the game is designed to neighbour you with polar opposites, making
>peace was never an option
an actual problem for pacifist or xenophile empires.
>>
>>1267732
>I hear the game is designed to neighbour you with polar opposites, making
To my knowlege it isn't. It uses a weight system for each ethic. This is what causes it. These are the actual values from the game. The higher the number the higher chance a ethic it will get picked.

>Fanatic Authoritarian - 150
>Authoritarian - 100

>Fanatic Egalitarian - 150
>Egalitarian - 100

>Fanatic Xenophobe - 150
>Xenophobe - 100

>Fanatic Xenophile - 100
>Xenophile - 66

>Fanatic Militarist - 250
>Militarist - 100

>Fanatic Pacifist - 33
>Pacifist - 66

>Fanatic Spiritualist- 150
>Spiritualist - 100

>Fanatic Materialist - 150
>Materialist - 100

>Gestalt - 200
>>
>>1267757
>>Fanatic Militarist - 250
Pacifistbros...
>>
File: 1668448318997359.gif (1.32 MB, 220x220)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB GIF
>Playing Grand Admiral Scaling as a Citizen Republic
>Max Galaxy size, max random empires, 0.25 planets,
>Decent start with some planets and chokes, but am quickly cut off by a materialist FE, Fanatic Xenophobe Oligarchy and a Federation empire
>Decide to rush my closest neighbor (xenophobe) before I fall behind too far
>works out pretty well, I take all his worlds and double my economy
>since my military is pretty decent, I decide to take on the Federation trio
>surprisingly works out all right, I manage to snag the entire territory of one of their members, my economy is now basically triple that what it was beforehand
>I'm not even mad anymore about the fact that the game spawned the marauders one jump away from my homeworld...
>or that it spawned the Rubicator system in a different empires space....
>or that I havent gotten literally a SINGLE precursor anomaly....
>or that
>at this point I'm literally untouchable by my neighbors, and am the strongest state in the galactic community
>2275, midgame timer clicks over
>suddenly, everybody around me instantly jumps from "pathetic" in fleet, tech and eco to "superior"
>two tiny neighbors (with like 5 planets each compared to my 21, both only have like 100~ pops each vs my 400~) declare war on me and have suddenly have quadruple my fleet strength
>I STILL havent rolled goddamn Battleships even though its now 2300
Holy fuck. Fuck. Fuck off. FUCK this FUCKING game. Fucking BULLSHIT. I'm so mad right now. Literally seething and malding. I've uninstalled this piece of shit. Fuck this game.

The only thing it's taught me is that the universe would be a better place if all alien scum and swedish developers were exterminated.
>>
File: 1517379635118.jpg (144 KB, 572x303)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>Marauder empire raiding party comes through a nearby wormhole and attacks me
>Beat them back and eventually develop the tech to see where the wormhole leads
>It connects to a system inside a Militant isolationist Fallen empire
>>
File: FiHcdK4XwAEOgcw.jpg (56 KB, 616x387)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
I want to get raped, subjugate, and purged, should I use starnet ai or startech ai?
>>
>>1267883
starnet is for early game rape, startech is for mid-game rape, your choice
>>
>>1267842
You know what to do anon...
>>
>>1267932
So start with starnet and uninstall and install stattech 100 years in or do mods not work like that?
>>
>>1267967
starnet ai is still good even into mid game and beyond I think, since the early game rape and the ai not being complete dogshit allows them to get a nice big deathball
>>
>>1256143
No free movement doesn't make defences pointless. It makes you build them on top of things that are worth defending. I can't remember exactly what all the reasons were but not being able to teach the ai to use or counteract different movements was definitely one of them. Only after they made the game hyperlane only I fully realised what the value of free movement. It makes the game more dynamic, it makes movement a much bigger part of the combat. People also didn't like the wack a mole game with fleeing ai fleets.

I think the main problem about the combat is that it is too deadly even after all the changes. The economy of Stellaris is also not very forgiving to let people recover from a losing position. I think most of the combat problems could have been solved by making combat less deadly and obscure much more of the map/starsystems. Part of winning against an opponent must be to find were you are actually going to strike or defend. Right now combat still revolves arround space corridors with fortresses and as many fleets as you can stack on top of those.
>>
>>1267855
for some reason, marauders on a raid are neutral to everyone who isn't their target
>>
why does menace continue to accumulate past the projects lol?
>take crisis perk early on
>100 peaceful years later and I've finished some chosen easy wars and occupied the L-cluster
>do every crisis project one after the other, only taking a few months
>everyone hates me but it's waaaaay too late to matter - I'm already unstoppable and now I'm eating your stars
>>
>>1268020
Everyone except guardians i guess. I've had 3 marauder raids in my current game try and come through the Rubricator system only to get unceremoniously eaten by the dragon that guards it
>>
>>1261074
You didn't even find out what they taste like.
>>
>spiritualist fallen empire decides the best time to start crusading people is during the prethoryn swarm invasion
NO WONDER YOU STUPID NIGGERS FELL SO HARD
>>
>>1267732
Yea the game always tries to throw in some neighbors with opposing ethics just to cause some conflict, if you're pacifist you have militarist neighbors, if you're a xenophobe you have xenophile neighbors, if you're materialist you have spiritualist neighbors. I think it's more of a chance though since sometimes you can have neighbors without conflicting ethics and that's all good, but most of the time the game deliberately leans into neighbors with opposing ethics.
>>
File: AM.png (295 KB, 640x480)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>buy Stellaris on the autumm sale
>install
>launch game
>"we need to install the launcher first"
>sigh but okay
>"Installer is not responding"
>fuck
>Paradox: "You need to delete these files and then run Steam as Administrator"
>doesn't work
>random dude: "You need to run the .msi file as an administrator by using the command prompt"
>doesn't work
>"you need to give dowser and the .msi special permissions"
>doesn't work
>"it's your anti-virus, turn it off and then run the installer"
>doesn't work
>try installing it to a different place
>find a folder already called Paradox Interactive in my C:
>has two .zip files, the launcher and the bootstrapper
>unzip everything
>launch the exe
>everything works perfectly
>except I have to reinstall the game through the launcher now and I can't run it through Steam

There are no words in any human language to describe the bloodlust I feel. Anger courses through every cell and fiber of my body. I am going to firebomb Paradox.
>>
>>1268263
>>"Installer is not responding"
yeah, that also happens to me, i just ignore it until it loads.
it always seems to work if i just ignore it so idk
>>
>>1267732
pretty sure the first spiritualists that jumped me were also advanced ai start. no way they had so many systems , planets and star bases in 2220.

all is well, though. in the end those other zealots also declared war on me, but i had massive fleet after pushing back the first empire. both xenos got fucked hard. from two hostile empires a third of one remains. the fallen empire is still angry but did nothing for 60 years.
>gentlemen, i love war
>>
>>1267842
there's no better feeling than a war against superior foe going badly, doing a last stand in your own home system that you win and then starting to retake your territory. do it anon.
>>
>>1268168
>fallen empire randomly decides to start a holy war against big ai empire that attacked yours
i knew those guys were true bros.
>>
File: IMG_1741.gif (1.94 MB, 672x400)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB GIF
>mfw a startech ai on the other side of the universe finished the Ultima Vigilis dig site and started a x25 unbidden invasion before 2300
>>
File: pepo.jpg (16 KB, 300x300)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>35 years into the game
>Still haven't found anyone
>Just comfily exploring systems and excavating digsites
This is the best part of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gntt3TY-C0E
>>
>>1268445
>First encounter are the fanatic xenophile FE
>They are plants as well
I hope we can be frens
>>
>3.6 comes out on the 29th
Will it be good bros?
>>
>playing a custom made human barbaric despoilers empire
>even named system Sol
>another Sol popped up
>tfw the earth on it is a tomb world
AHHHHHHH IM GOING INSANE AHHHHH
>>
>>1268796
You have to use the preset Sol system to prevent double spawns.
>>
>cozy isolationist run
>make friends with my neighbours,
>wall up against the fanatic exterminator who gets stomped by a bunch of other ai
>let's see how far and fast I can ramp tech and unity
>confused to see a branch office established because I've not been doing agreements as they're so far weighted in opponents' favor
>crime immediately jump to 50% and an underworld forms before they've even build any buildings?
never played against criminal megacorp before but it's fucking annoying - occupies 5 pops, a building slot, and a bunch of motes on every fucking planet / habitat they're spamming their offices on
>>
File: 1496553719342.jpg (424 KB, 514x836)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>1268839
>8 enforcers on one world and still 35 crime
>>
>>1268839
Criminal Megacorps are instant war fuel.
>>
File: pepp.jpg (25 KB, 520x509)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>1268498
>Megacorp with 5 militarist vassals come and stomp my shit
Well it was fun while it lasted
>>
File: SUS.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1080)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>Neighbour has the same species portrait as you
>>
Just bought the game on the autumm sale. I've heard the best way to get to grips is to play a game with zero other AI in the game, is that true? And is it recommended to create your own empire/species when starting out? My closest experience with this type of game is Star Ruler 2, which I don't think helps much from what little I've played so far.
>>
>>1269303
just play on beginner dificulty setting, AI in this game is super brain dead and passive, wont be challenge at all
>>
>>1269268
Doesn't that only happen with special origins?
>>1269303
I've heard the best way to get to grips is to play a game with zero other AI in the game, is that true?
Nah, just play normal game
>And is it recommended to create your own empire/species
It doesn't really matter all that much. Otter Empire is probably versatile tutorial mode start, but anything can work, just stick to the default origin (prosperous unification) and don't pick lithoids, necrophages, machines or aquatics, since they all play a bit different.
>>
>>1269310
Don't think so. Had it happen as doomsday origin too
>>
So is base vanilla Stellaris fun to play with friends? Been wanting to play a 4x/strategy game with the lads, but it seems that a lot of the fun stuff is locked away behind dlc (Paradox as usual I assume).
>>
>>1269592
no and it's not fun to play with the DLC either. it's just an addictive cookie clicker
>>
>>1269592
If one fren has the dlc all frens can use it in multiplayer.
>>
Do patches in this game affect current campaigns as well? Apparently there's a fairly large one coming on 29 and i don't want it to fuck up my current game.
>>
>>1269597
Stellaris would legitimately be a better game as an idle game.
>>
>>1269607
they can't use it, but can see it being used. I think that's how it is in singleplayer too desu - I saw AI using orbital rings before I supposedly installed Overlord...
>>
>>1269628
yes (if it is a big one) but you can rollback versions
>>
>>1269719
They can in multiplayer.
>>
File: Overtuned.png (37 KB, 1622x120)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
How to make this usefull?
I was thinking about reducing unity cost of this edict by ,,Cutthroat Politics'' civic and Spiritualist ethic. I took Materialist for Academic Privilege living standard and +10 research speed but it increases upkeep cost of specialists so it isn't that way.
Also I was thinking about hive mind for Organic Pop Assembly speed or ksenophile for hybrids with additional perk and trait point.
>>
File: meh.jpg (21 KB, 583x256)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>First alien encounter is a large hostile fleet 2 jumps from my home system that didn't give any kind of first contact or research option
Bit immersion breaking but ok.
>>
>6 new galaxy shapes
Starburst one looks extra fun, especially if you're on that outer tip
>>
>Stellaris has been out for 6 years now
>materialist advisor still the best voice
How does he fucking do it?
>>
File: lotgh.jpg (29 KB, 474x355)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
anyone have good fleet builds/theories for 3.6 so far?
>>
>>1270200
>authoritarian advisor still the best voice
ftfy
>>
>>1270200
>not using technocrat
bro????
>>
File: a4f.jpg (151 KB, 672x334)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>star eaters out in force
>move over the artisan troupe system because they're delightful and have been buffing me all game
>sure lets throw another festival; our time approaches
>troupe runs off with the money and doesn't pick up
>>
>>1270200
I always just use the Artificial Intelligence one, seems fitting to me
>>
what the fuck is war exhaustion?! someone wages a humiliation war and then parks their fleets on my fortified border. Notice that my war exhaustion is creeping up slightly faster than theirs though, so once I've built up my own fleet a bit, I send it over and wipe theirs out. Their exhaustion exceeds mine and they offer what sounds like status quo but they got their influence and I'm now unhappy? did I just accidentally accept to surrender to them??
>>
>vassal as a FE start
>main race is all female catpeople
>slave race is humans
>just sit in my own system until i have xeno-compatibility

yep, its gamer time
>>
File: 1639167269666.jpg (126 KB, 1000x1240)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>decide to rp as a void dweller trade value empire
>immediate neighbor is my meta devouring swarm empire that I use for multiplayer
>mfw the other neighbor does not want me to make me a vassal because they are suspicious of me despite me pumping over 10k worth of mats into them over the last year
Please let me in please let me in please let me in ahhh help I can see their fleets on my boarders hurry up please please please ill do anything please just become cordial already please they are going to declare war any second now and eat me please help i dont want to become worm food nooo!
>>
>>1270758
you have to put your mouth to better use if you want protection, friend!
>>
>use startech ai
>ai still spams colonizes every planet, with no regard to habitability
>>
>>1270787
why not? if the AI gets huge performance boosts, then that's what it should be doing
>>
>>1270797
Why should the AI be colonizing planets that aren't even yellow?
>>
>>1270837
because with giant productivity boosts that the AI gets on the highest difficulties, colonizing such planets is still profitable
>>
Good species management UI never
>>
File: 1378568385541.gif (945 KB, 250x236)
945 KB
945 KB GIF
>Decide to take Xeno-Comp as last Ascension to try it out.
>Game proceeds to tank in the next 50 years because Humans and the 3 other Humanoid species in my empire keep spamming hybrids so that my species lists become IRS statements.
This fucking thing needs some serious reworking. Also, it shouldn't be an ascension slot, it's far too weak and it's only really good for RP reasons, in my opinion it should be a policy.
>>
>>1270915
There's a reason why you can turn it off.
>>
>>1270649
lol idk get good
>>
>>1270915
Xeno-compatibility would be manageable if it gave an Authoritarian eugenic option to then prioritize a certain species: get a great hybrid and then set it as a "target," auto-forcing it to grow on all possible planets that don't already have a preference set, and preventing other hybrids from being created.
>>
>>1270954
That doesn't mean they shouldn't work on it. It's not a bad idea, but they haven't given it much thought and it's sad.
>>
File: 1379008577279.jpg (27 KB, 240x320)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>Give pacifists a go
>Game spawns a federation right next to me consisting of militarist empires 3 TIMES IN A ROW
There's no way this shit isn't rigged.
>>
>>1271139
This -> >>1267757
They know.
>>
File: FUCKING FUCK SHIT FUCK.png (361 KB, 1234x284)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>1271139
Make that 4
>>1271277
Why is it always a federation though? 1 vs 1 would be fine but now it's always 3 or 4 vs 1
>>
>>1271139
>>1271277
>>1271317
the trick is to make your own empires with a mostly equal percentage of ethics
>>
2 more days until 3.6
are we excited bros?
I think the new galaxy shapes will be fun
>>
>>1271343
Like you can go and make a mod. Ethics are only in one file. You just create a mod using the modding tools. Go to the mods folder and there it should be. Just copy the ethics file and put in the coresponding folder. The file can be edited easilly without much problems to your liking.
>>
File: 1488286792654.png (402 KB, 963x720)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
>>1271389
i meant making custom empires with an equal amount of spiritualists and materialists, pacifist and militarist etc
>>
>>1271391
Oh I understand. But I think there is a mod for no ethics spawn bias. Because I don't see making custom empires and force spawning them as a valid long term solution. If anything Paradox should add ethic sliders to for game creation.
>>
>>1271384
I was about to start a new game. but I guess I'll wait.
>>
>>1267368
starnet is literally shit. Its incredibly aggressive and difficult early on, since the AI cheats and micromanages perfectly. They don't think about the long term - they shit out 150 corvettes before year 10 and then rush you with them. If you survive early game, congrats, starnet crumples and can't manage shit.
>>
>>1267554
also starnet AI gets more cheats than normal AI even, they get doubled resources pretty much and free constant rare resources
and yet they STILL don't fucking upgrade their ships ever
>>
>>1268445
>>1268498
>>1269096
i hate frog
>>
why is diplomacy in this game so shit compared to eu4, why do they have to reinvent a wheel
>>
File: lsfjlsdkss.jpg (1.11 MB, 1550x898)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>pic related
>oh okay then...
I guess it might finally be the time to try building tall - probably snagged a couple of their guaranteed worlds and there're a bunch of terraforming candidates around if I survive. Toxic god origin so have habitats already too
>>
>>1271591
Play isolationist, build mega-tall, try to stir up shit in the galactic community and instigate wars between different members.
When the crisis spawns, watch from the comfort of your impregnable empire as the rest of the galaxy burns. Even better if you manage to become custodian and then refuse to save them.
>>
>>1271591
Destroy them.
When I encounter such a thing, I just go full WAAAGH.
>>
Can you terraform planets your vassal has colonized? The retards keep colonizing low habitability planets
>>
File: 1642794734083.png (618 KB, 946x514)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
Bwos what the fuck is this?
>>
>>1271912
YOU BOUT TO TASTE THAT XENO DICK BOY
>>
>get head of zarqlan for the first time
>I'm a fanatic materialist
Oh well, the FE still loves me and gives me some of their ships. Also, it's cool that you can merge them into your own fleets.
>>
So what time does the patch come out?
>>
Is there a working wh 40k mod to the newest update?
>>
what weapons are worthwhile in ACOT?
there's a shitton but I'm betting only a small few are actually viable
>>
3.6 is out right now
>>
File: 1525389491474.jpg (84 KB, 700x714)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>1272341
How do I rollback to Patch 3.5.3? I can only see 3.5.2 on steam.
>>
File: Untitled.png (458 KB, 695x931)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
how is this shit calculated? there's 3 extra physics research in the starting system I guess, but society scientist has the relevant expertise, and my species has the society research buff because I know I want to go down the genetic ascension route. I fastforwarded to see if it hadn't updated or something, but nope, society took the longest to research
>>
File: file.png (31 KB, 233x207)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
is any of the ones I don't own really worth getting? (for you steamlets, blue bar means I own it)
>>
Did 3.6 completely break all ship weapons for anyone else? Everything does 1 damage and has 0 range. I havrnt played for a few months so let me know if I'm being retarded and it's supposed to look like that until something happens. I suppose it could be a mod issue but I'm only running a few cosmetic mods like Maximum Zoom, Real space - System Scale and Planet Variety & Clouds, and I have a hard time seeing those breaking weapons

>>1272372
Species packs are worth picking up on sale imo, just for the increased variation in portraits. Couldn't tell you about Nemesis, I never got it
>>
>>1272455
Nvm I solved it. It was caused by Real Space - Ship scaling if anyone else runs in to the same issue
>>
>>1272372
personally i only buy dlc if they are at 50%+ discount. hoping for something during christmas.
>>
>latent psionic+intelligent right off the back gives 20% bonus to all research from jobs
>>
ITS
FUCKING
SHIT
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PARADOX
LITERALLY EVERYTHING THEY COULD HAVE DONE WRONG
THEY
DID
WRONG
THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING UPDATE
ITS THE SAME SHIT AS REMOVING DIFFERENT FTL TYPES
THEY'VE MADE EVERYTHING FUCKING DOGSHIT RETARDED
>>
>>1272372
Buy all of them when they get huge discount
>>
>>1272741
lol
>>
>>1271944
>get better drives and shit than the crappy ships it gives you
>suddenly they slow your fleets down
gay
>>
>>1272741
>WHAT IS WRONG WITH PARADOX
What is right with paradox?
>>
DO NOT PLAY THE GAME RIGHT NOW
WHENEVER A CRISIS SPAWNS THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME BREAKS
TEST IT YOURSELF SET CRISIS TO 25 YEARS OR WHATEVER I THINK ITS ONLY END GAME
GAME FREEZES AND WON'T RUN
100% VANILLA
>>
>>1272808
On god?
>>
>>1273006
fr fr no cap deadass
>>
File: ParaCHAD.jpg (87 KB, 736x880)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>1272741
>>1272341
>>1272808
>>1272355
>Open beta for MONTHS
>Literally thousands of players betatesting your code
>Hundreds bug reports provided
>Youtubers involved, giving you additional info and playtesting the brokeniest builds manageable
>There even is a beta international tournament, that sends you insights from all around the globe
Still manage to release a faulty product

At this moment, I'm pretty much convinced they are pushing the boundaries of how much can a company shit on its customers on purpose.
>>
Should I bother updating or not? Started playing this last week, just quit my second campaign after learning that having the end game crisis start in 2300 might not be such a good idea.
>>
nerfing cordyceps drones in 3, 2, 1.
>>
>>1273260
A single player game has tournaments?
>>
>>1273260
they'll never beat EA and GW
>>
How many science ships should you push out and how fast? I usually get about ~10 ASAP, while burning my purple mana on expanding.
>>
>>1273621
What galaxy size? I usually rush first four science ships and then build two or three more. I don't think I really need more than that on medium galaxies, but I also don't rush systems and archeology sites half a galaxy away, instead building wide, concentrated empire.
>>
>>1273621
Uhhh usually about 4-5 max...
>>
>>1273621
3-4 and never really more than that
>>
I tried a dedicated friendly trade empire and it was so bizarre to have everyone love me, even the fallen empires were giving me gifts. While it was interesting for a bit to throw around diplomatic weight and play with favors, it's nowhere near as satisfying as just killing their envoys

>>1273621
I don't think I ever need more than 4? depends where you spawn and how many routes out of the cluster there are. It's easier to gain information by spying / forming pacts / trades for anything beyond your local area, no?
>>
>>1273784
>>1273813
>>1273722
Do you guys not play multiplayer/competitive? If you don't max out science ships then you're going to get screwed over. You NEED to survey chokepoints and good planets faster than anyone else.
>>1273694
Any size, but less for smaller galaxies I guess. I solely play size 800's.
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 264x191)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>1273843
>competitive stellaris
how the fuck am I going to play a competitive game that takes 20 hours to complete?
>>
>>1273862
20 hours? It takes a 2350 year end date like 8 hours at max.
>>
>>1273843
Stellaris is probably one of the last games i'd play competitively
>>
>>1273863
games that are made for competitive play don't have pages and pages of dialogue for you to read through, they are actually balanced properly (if you don't play an annihilator in multiplayer stellaris you just lose), and they don't lag and desync all the time.
4x games, even civ, are really just fancy RPGs. anyone playing them competitively is insane
>>
why do I always get the Baol when I'm trying to do an aquatic play...
>>
>>1273877
>>1273880
So....
You're shitters.
>>
is the parallel dimension even new? couldn't find an outcome guide but managed to pull their capitol out of their dying dimension and now have a second, populated, ocean paradise world in my home system
>>
File: 1651512209374.jpg (170 KB, 1280x1185)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>Competitive
>Stellaris
>>
Pirate release fucking WHEN
Is the patch not out on GOG yet?
>>
>>1273260
Here's a dog
:-)
>>
>>1261600
There are gypsies in fucking IRELAND nigger.
>>
File: 20211212_231529.jpg (249 KB, 1080x810)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>a group of pops on one of the colonies that's almost done terraforming has self modified
holy fuck why doesn't it let me purge these fuckers? can't alter them or move them or stop them breeding either - it's just an inefficient parasite pop that kills your good ones. How dare they tell me they're hard done by when they're an untouchable stain on my empire. I will colossus this world and start again
>>
>>1274389
should have gone authoritarian
this is your punishment
>>
>>1274389
This bullshit event chain alone is the reason I always give my species extremely adaptive, and never colonize any planet until it reaches 40% habitability.
>>
File: state.gif (3.25 MB, 720x406)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB GIF
>Start a campaign as pacifist plant kingdom with philosopher king
>Plan was to RP my decisions based on the traits and agendas of my leader
>Starting king is warlike
>Society engineer has military theory expertise
>>
>>1255178
What the FUCK? I saw a vic 3 thread and assumed it was a /v/ thread. How was this board made? how retarded is it ot have its own seperate board? where people THAT upset about seeing genres of games they dont like ? whyh isnt there a /v/ board for every genre?
>>
Stellaris is a crapshoot desu. It has peaked hard on two occations now, update 1.9.1 and update 2.8.1. Outside of those updates the game is frankly terrible and imo there's very little reason to actually follow the game but despite that I still find myself highly recommending the game just because those two updates are really really fun.
>>
>>1274088
>>1273843
When will comp niggers realize that no one wants to learn pages of arbitrary rule sets and download the "bespoke" mod pack of the week just so they can get shit on by a fat nerd who's spent the last two months theorizing the perfect build order for their hyper optimized alloy rush build. If you are playing this game competitively you are playing it wrong, it's just that simple.
>>
>>1274389
That stupid event should have been removed years ago. It makes no sense with current gene mod gameplay. The trait can't be genemodded out even when you get the ascension perk that lets you TURN CROCODILES INTO COCKROACHES!
>>
File: erm.jpg (235 KB, 1279x896)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
It's 15 years into the game. Here's your first neighbour bro!
>>
>>1274515
This is a empire spawned by event. If they are present it means you or someone else has released them.
>>
>>1274517
Guess it was some AI empire i never met. I'm positively fuming. I even had 2 primitive worlds nearby that i was going to uplift.
>>
>>1255987
Haha you never played old stellaris did ya?
>>
>>1272372
Aquatics and Toxoids are just pure fun. Not necessary but my favourite DLC Origins.
>>
>>1272372
Nemesis is good for one playthrough since "becoming the crisis" has 0 replayability, and really just serves as a "win more" button while your exterminating everyone.
>>
>>1274088
no, retardo, I play league of legends and rapid lichess if I want a competitive game because those games are well balanced, they have rankings, and a single match takes 20-40 minutes. The only multiplayer that stellaris is made for is co-operative role play with e-friends.
>>
>>1274146
why is gigachad holding a frisbee with his teeth? why is the sky psychedelic?
>>
File: csr.jpg (41 KB, 676x680)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
how did the grey tempest come through my L-gate? it's supposed to be locked! This is going to ruin everything!
I legit thought it just meant they couldn't come through my gate - coincidentally just never happened before
>>
>>1274601
the AI can open it too
you should have a big enough fleet to shit on them by the time the AI does it though, so you shit the bed there
>>
>>1274605
nah I activated the gates, but I thought it said you can lock them from coming through the one you did the project at. I did have a big fleet, but the nanite ships are twice the strength as they were in any previous game so I'm outmatched by a lot - I'll have to read the patch notes if they were changed because I'm not opening them later than usual and haven't changed any difficulty settings. And unless it's coincidence, they're behaving differently too as they're reinforcing each other to make it hard to pick them off. Going to pack it up probably. One day I might be able to verify that something other than the tempest can be on the other side
>>
>>1274627
but the grey tempest is fun mini crisis. more fun than fucking drakes or nanite leader. ok, from rp standpoint the dessanu is nice due to their secret.
>>
>>1274627
They won't come through your gate FOR A LITTLE WHILE. They will eventually though.
>>
>>1256074
ive never played multiplayer stellaris, is it any fun?
>>
>>1274694
no
>>
>>1274694
There are not many ways to interact with other players, so no.
>>
>>1271431
Starnet only tries a corvette rush if you're a starving third-world empire. Lotta times there is no fighting whatsoever for the first 50 years if no one is outrageously weak or strong.
>>
I have a 4X itch but I don't wanna play a parajew game
The only close thing I can come up with is Distant Worlds
>>
>still hypermemes only
pass
>>
filtered
>>
>>1274518
This is how it usually ends up.
>Be retard AI Empire
>Do every anomaly no matter what it might hold
>Because you have no foresight do some stupid anomalies that will certainly back fire
>Do the timeloop anomaly
>Get a fanatic purifier empire spawn on your backyard
>Die

If you see a shield world named Gish just make sure you can take the enemy on before opening it.
>>
>>1274822
>>Do every anomaly no matter what it might hold
literally me, fuck metagamers
>>
File: 1541829155382.jpg (28 KB, 499x481)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>It's another dev diary where they just post their pets
>>
>>1274947
WTF?! YOU DON'T LIKE MY HECKING PUPPERINO DOGGERINO BRAPPERINO?!
>>
how do you void dweller? I spend forever just starving for alloys / cgs trying to maintain a pathetic level of research
>>
>>1274981
Fuck research, get other species as soon as possible to be able to colonize normal planets and rush relic worlds
I just made that up, but it might work
>>
>>1257872
>before anyone has strong enough fleets to combat them
>year 2324
wth you're doing m8? the minmax faggots in multiplayer games have 20-30k fleets 30 years into the game.
>>
>>1274997
Doomsday start + no AI faction somehow managed to balloon up into an overlord by the time nanobots arrived. That's all i remember from that playthrough.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.