[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: biotech.png (340 KB, 573x422)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
biotech is out, so it's time for us to discuss what horrible atrocities we could commit using these new toys tynan gave us (and call him a faggot when he reminds us to buy his book)
>>
File: rimshit.png (2.74 MB, 1998x1290)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
obligatory
>>
wonder if this expansion will get rimworld banned in australia again or something

I mean I'll be honest I hate the concept of children getting hurt and killed like any other guy but also

its just a game bro no kids are getting actually hurt
>>
>>1228813
>>
>>1228815
banned game
>>
>>1228806
does this do anything that RJW didn't already do?
>>
File: -6.jpg (67 KB, 636x562)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>1228819
>>
>Tynan steals free mods and puts them in a paid DLC
>pirate his DLC and put the content into a free mod
Such is the cycle of value.
>>
>>1228806
You WILL buy the book
>>
For some reason, random dead copies of my colonists and visitors appear all over my base.
The copies all die of malnutrition and are not visible before they are dead.
People are mentioning this issue on steam, but I'm wondering if anyone encountered this in basegame (I run couple of dozens of mods.)
Not complaining, since we are cannibals, but getting a masterwork eltex staff 4 days in from the copy of the bestower is a bit too cheesy for me.
>>
File: 1512483277311.jpg (1.45 MB, 3791x2132)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>1228808
>>
so is rape in vanilla now?
>>
>RimHUD breaks the Gene tabs
fuck's sake
>>
So how do you feel on this dlc thus far
>>
>>1229875
it's the best of the three
>>
>Work Tab won't be updated til next week
literally unplayable
>>
>>1228843
>ate without a table several times -10
>killed a child -6
>>
Not gonna lie, the fact that kids were added to the game makes me feel uncomfortable playing it.
In my opinion they should be unkillable
>>
>>1230056
Shut up Todd, go back to make space skyrim
>>
>>1230056
>raid pirate base
>capture and execute their infants
>let their little corpses rot
>load into drop pods and deliver to other pirate bases
VGH
>>
>>1230104
>relations increase due to how the game assigns value to corpses so it comes off as if you're gifting them something
>>
>>1230104
>not devouring the corpses of the children in front of the child's parents after a successful raid
ngmi
>>
>>1230056
i dont mind it but it makes me uncomfortable adding some mods in
>>
>>1230221
Good, RJW is a cancer
>>
Idk am still waiting for search and destroy to be updated.

I'm not fucking micro-ing melee combat
>>
>>1229523
Pretty sure vanilla sex only happens between a couple in bed.
>>
File: 1488060460348.jpg (31 KB, 405x388)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Waiting for my mods to be updated to 1.4 before buying, tell me anons how good is the new expansion?
>>
>>1230624
it's the best by a huge margin
>>
>>1230170
ight Saturn, time to go to bed
>>
no updates to factions or diplomacy
no updates to raid ai or calcuation
no boats.
no money.
>>
>>1228806
I wanted boats. I'm disappointed.
>>
>>1229316
that's great, anon. Now tell us which specific lines of code he steals.
>>
>>1230673
um, sweaty there's money in the game. It's called silver.
>>
>>1230673
>no updates to factions or diplomacy
>no updates to raid ai or calcuation
I hope it comes with the eventual Vehicles DLC
>>
Pirating the DLCs and manually adding them to my Steam copy should be safe to do, right? Thinking about trying out the game again but don't want to give Tynan any more money
>>
>>1231019
it is and it works
put them into mod folder, i think they can give you verification error, if you put them into the same folder as cor
>>
>>1231032
*core
>>
>>1231019
buy the dlc and my book
>>
>>1229316
wow, so many original ideas were stolen like uuuuuuhhhhhh having children and uuuuhhhhh furries yeah no one except mod creators could have come with such an original idea
>>
So is launching it into enemy settlements the only option to deal with toxic waste? Or is there a late game tech to clean it up or safely dispose
>>
>>1231552
>Or is there a late game tech to clean it up or safely dispose
Yes
Also keeping them frozen
>>
>mech battery runs out
>tell colonist to drag them to the recharge thing
>they drop it next to the recharge station, but not in it
fuck's sake tynan
>>
File: Untitled3.png (488 KB, 564x542)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
>>1231575
Not my problem
>>
>>1231554
>mine out massive undermountain freezer for toxic waste
>easy to fortify
>immune to drop pod raids and mortars
>hives won't spawn because too cold
>if you get bored you can launch them all at your least favorite faction and watch the planet rapidly go full Fallout
>>
>>1230673
this
if I wanted cosmetic bloatware and kids I'd already have it with mods
>>
File: Brain Power.gif (3.16 MB, 320x312)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB GIF
>>1230673
>anon wants to pay for free updates
ngmi
>>
The solo mechanitor start is rough
these little niggas are so shit at combat
>>
Had a quest to host a prisoner with the reward being a psylink neuroformer. After the update, the shuttle lands, I put the prisoner in, I send it off...

No quest finish. No reward. Quest is still listed as active in the Quest Log and nothing happens when I trash it. So I just dev-moded a neuroformer in and went on with my day.
>>
>>1231924
Those bots are civilian bots, quickly make the Militor bots. Crazy disposable shotgunners for every raid, fuckers will sting a mob to death like angry bees.
>>
>>1232465
They seemed pretty inaccurate based on my last raid, but I guess when you have 5 of them for each enemy it's not as noticiable?
Also what happens if you send your mechanitor on an expedition? Do all the mechs inside the base just shutdown or go crazy if the mechanitor leaves?
>>
>>1231669
doesn't even add up when you do the maaaath
>>
File: file.png (121 KB, 383x285)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
Does the doorway count as part of the room? Wondering if I need to waste the little bit of silver on sterile floor for that tile
>>
>>1232596
They go business as usual in your base which basically makes combat bots useless unless you have a pre-defined patrol area.
>>
>>1234234
Don't know, but I always do just to be safe.
>>
>>1234234
Yes they do. I learned that the hard way
>>
>>1234234
If it's dirt or a similar dirty surface it will generate dirt when your pawns move from it onto a constructed tile, but it's not factored into the cleanliness of the room. So floor it with whatever you want, but do floor it.
If it's rough stone it's fine to leave it as-is, that doesn't generate dirt.
>>
>can't romance slaves
what is even the point of making gene thralls then?
>>
>need 1 more piece of gold to make my multi analyzer
>randy keeps sending me heatwaves, toxic fallout, and cold snaps so no caravans show up
>no trade ships ever have gold for sale
>>
>>1236019

Oh - does this mean my sex slave dungeon and baby supermarket plan is a non starter?
>>
>Someone from [Faction] is visiting!
>Relations with [Faction] have dropped by 5. Reason: Faction member died
I swear the bears and wargs in my map are fucking ruthless. They slaughter any lone NPC within seconds of them appearing on the map
>>
>>1236880
Predators tend to hunt prey items in their acceptable size range faster than they respawn (especially if you roll a large number of predators since there's a lot of RNG). They also tend to be extremely wasteful and let old kills rot after eating from it once.
If you don't want to deal with their bullshit it's best to draft every colonist with a gun (and use one without or the worst shot for kiting) and manually gun down the major predators on your map sometime in the first few days, except for any extremely dangerous predators added by mods like megafauna, alpha animals, dino mods, etc. Wait til later to deal with them, or just leave them indefinitely (without competition and having larger max prey size, they shouldn't run out of prey animals) so you can bait them into going manhunter when there's a siege/preparing-to-attack pirate raid nearby, or some merchants/visitors with a shiny gun.
>>
>>1236880
>ugh, I let all these violent animals next to my base and when these people came to visit me they all died! Could you imagine the outrage if someone cameover to my house and was mauled by a bear I let eat my garbage?!
>>
>>1237063
yes
>>
any mods that add aliens with unique behavior? i liked when they added 'ants' but surely you can go further than that.
all the 'alien race' mods ive seen just reskin the pawns or existing animals with a few minor changes, something a 12 year old would develop in a week before getting bored.
>>
File: alert pepe.jpg (105 KB, 976x850)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>53 year old Highmate woman who is Beautiful, Kind, Delicate, Sanguine
>marries a recently turned 18 year old Baseliner male
>>
File: 1640992862418.png (91 KB, 293x279)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>1238349
>>
>>1238349
shotabros...
>>
>>1238349
>18
too old
>>
>>1228806
>10% discount
The last release I pirated was 0.18 or some shit like that. It wasn't even worth my drive space, let alone almost the price of a AAA game lmao
Dwarf Fortress is free and better.
>>
>>1228813
>banned in australia
What the fuck are you talking about it's not banned in Australia.
>>
>can't rename mech groups
that's a shame
>>
>>1239780
You missed the keyword 'again'
https://www.eurogamer.net/rimworld-ban-overturned-in-australia-following-successful-appeal
>>
>dumbass colonist picks up toxic waste and forgets to deliver it to the dumping ground
>toxic waste spills out in her bedroom while she's sleeping
>didn't notice until she had nearly killed herself by sleeping in a poisoned bed
>>
>>1228813
Our ratings board usually only bans shit for drug abuse. Ripping off heads and shitting down necks is a-ok.
>>
has the handholding mod (safejobworld) been updated yet?
>>
>>1240034
it's dead
>>
someone hurry up and fan fork the prepare carefully mod, the alternative is SHIT
>>
>>1229875
It is genuinely a great DLC. Shocking since the other two were dogshit.
>>
>>1240463
Didn't played ideology or biotech but royalty felt like tynan just ripped off nobility mechanics from dwarf fortress
>>
Royalty was shit
Ideology sounded promising but was half baked
Biotech is actually a great addition
>>
Royalty is great now, its nowhere near how bad it was at release.
Ideology is still shit.
Biotech seems cool so far.
>>
As a newcomer to the game, should I activate all DLCs?
>>
>>1241223
Sure, you can just choose not to interact with their mechanics.
>>
Is there a way to disable solar flares after you've started a game?
I know you can disable it in the scenario but I forgot to.
>>
>>1241409
Scenario editor mod (continued). Use at your own responsibility and read the workshop comments, I had some problems with it, but it was years ago. I think you can also edit the save on your own, but don't ask me how. Band-aid solution is disabling them with the devmode each time this event occurs.
>>
File: 1663472670047.jpg (87 KB, 1000x1000)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>1228806
So you can just straight up set up a cunny harem slave colony?
>>
you can't have relations with children or relations
>>
File: 1665434472610.jpg (6 KB, 130x130)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1241510
On the base game
>>
>cheating
>>
>>1241503
gtfo
this is a handholding thread
>>
>>1228806
I didn't realize the expansion added children to the game.
Now I'm tempted to get into Rimworld.
>>
>>1228806
how do you vampire?
>>
So what are the general thoughts on Biotech? I still haven't bought the other two expansions. Is this one worth it?
>>
>>1242683
this is the only one that is worth the cost
>>
File: _1663478615944113.png (332 KB, 600x583)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>1228806
Want to start my first long run, I've done a few before so I know the basics of the game. Which difficulty should I do, adventure story or strive to thrive? Same with story teller, Randy seems fun, but may be a bit too random. And what ideoligion should I do? I was thinking I would like to do a playthrough as transhumanists, but I'd also like to do a body purist one too, which would be better for a first playthrough? And I like the tribesmen start
>>
>>1243312
kek imagine typing all this out instead of just playing the game
>>
File: +1665046513297900.jpg (68 KB, 978x1094)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>1243317
No need to be rude, man
>>
>>1243312
low difficulty unless you dont want to play further than the early game. There are plenty of opportunities to make it harder for yourself as it is
randy is sorta of a meme, like: haha 3 raids in a row but at least he dropped the milk lol. Casandra is the most rational one.
also i personally dont think ideology is a good fit for the first playthrough, its point is to brake the game balance. Cannot fairly judge tho, i mean there are thousands of people who go and install the fridge mod after their first playthrough
>>
>>1243361
>Casandra is the most rational one
I feel like she's actually harder than Randy, especially as the game goes on
>>
>>1243376
She's the worst in the lategame, Randy is the worst in the early game
>>
Hi guys, sorry I'm still new to the game. I got techprint (skin hardening) as a potential reward for a quest and my colony's ideology includes flesh purity. Do bionic implants count against flesh purity? Thank you.
>>
>>1243312
Strive to survive with Randy and adjust dificulty as you go. Too easy and nothing is happening? Switch to Blood and Dust. Too hard and your colony is on the verge of dying? Adventure Story time. You can create fluid ideologies and change them as you go, so you can start with body purist tribals and then switch to the transhumanism after developing more advanced prosthetics.
>>
>3 mods needed to complete playlist
>mod authors have updated every other mod they have
>they just ignore the ones i want
I fucking hate this shit
>>
>>1243535
For flesh purists, bionic = bad.
>>
>>1243674
which ones
>>
>>1243700
>kill for me
>mercenaries for me
>vanilla backstories expanded
I know vanilla expanded is hated here, but I really liked their backstories mod specifically
>>
>>1243694
Thank you!
>>
any mod that enables incest yet?
>>
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2880505421
nvm
didnt saw one droped yesterday
>>
>>1243874
>incest mod
>comments disabled
>made by idontcare
mondo based
>>
File: file.png (21 KB, 576x102)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
This seems like a great deal. I already got the rewards from making the settlement and the noble will send me 4 high subcores every 25 days?
Who wouldn't do it
>>
File: Spoiler Image (152 KB, 689x686)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>1243872
>>1243874
Now tell me does any mod allow me to sell my kids into pizza rings for extra dosh?
>>
>>1243918
there isn't a joe biden mod yet
>>
>>1243925
Damn, I was hoping to recreate the US in space, guess I'll have to settle with just enslaving the ghouls
>>
Wait there was a second Rimworld mod? I thought this was the second mod.
>>
File: Screenshot (19).png (2.94 MB, 1920x1080)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
What should I do differently to not get destroyed? I should probably have made my trap maze sooner
>>
whats the essential qol mods now? havent played in awhile
>>
>>1244046
replace things, quality builder, zoom in, 4x speed, maybe rocket man
>>
>>1244035
>he plays in barracks mode
you fucking casual
>>
>>1244035
Clean up since thats what causing the mental break
Youre growing too much food for just 2 people. Yes its better to grow more than grow less but thats a lot of labour to plant, harvest and haul for just 2 pawns
When you set up your freezer be sure to double wall it and put the butchers table in a seperate room than the stove since butchering generates a lot of filth and dirt room increases food poisoning chance when cooking. I like to set the freezer stockpile to contain the fresh animal corpses and then have the butchering order set to just drop the contents on the floor when i need the meat. Someone can later come to pick up the leather but the guy butchering will go through the animals faster this way

>>1244181
No reason not to use rocketman honestly
>>
>>1243945
royalty, ideology, now biotech
>>
>>1244422
>honestly
even on 4x speed? it lags for me in vanila
>>
>gene to be able to eat raw food
>still get food poisoning from eating raw food
????
>>
>>1244615
never had any issues with it myself so i dont know
>>
File: 20190608151334_1.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>it's another DLC/"expansion" where the dev just rips off shit modders already made ages ago
I see.
>>
>>1245028
>Noooo you can't just officially implement things people like
>you have to come up with a 100% original idea that no one has ever thought of before like... uhhh.....
>CREATIVELY BANKRUPT DEVS LMAO
>>
>>1245071
Maybe if he didn't make people pay for it, it wouldn't be so scummy.
>>
>>1243945
>mod
You mean DLC?
>>
>>1245082
Sorry force of habit.
>>
File: 1633748827533.png (539 KB, 874x1024)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>Why yes, I do use shelves instead of stockpile zones. How did you know?
>>
>>1245028
>>1245077
show me the patents on these features that Tynan stole from the modders.
>>
File: Georgia.png (8 KB, 255x159)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Excuse me anons, do any of you fine gentlemen know how to make all the raiders black? The black ones always die when I fight them, and I was hoping to make a plantation with them. For some reason buying a slave frees them, so I really would enjoy having more black raiders to enslave
>>
I hate how stacked items look like while on a vanilla shelf.
I'm still gonna use the shelves, but I'm gonna hate how they look like all the way through.
>>
>>1245313
why? Do you not like how compact and tight everything looks?
>>
>>1245340
>compact and tight
It's cluttered and unintelligible.

You can hardly tell what's on each tile from the way items and their number tags go over each other.
The sprites are made smaller , making them hard to see, but not small enough that they won't cover each other or even other stacks on entirely different tiles.
The tags for the stacks of items of the same kind don't merge with each other to make them easier to read despite the fact the stacks themselves do this weird tower thing,
The fact that you can only have 3 stacks instead of 4 on a square tile with 4 corners triggers my autism.
>>
Honestly I don’t feel like I want this dlc, I haven’t really played rimworld that much so vanilla or mods is still pretty fresh with me and the idea of having pig people is abit immersion breaking
>>
People play without Deep Storage?
>>
>>1245071
Nah fuck your "official implementation". Its always trash.
How about fucking implement something original like multicore or fucking z levels you fucking hack.
>>
>>1245687
>something original like multicore or fucking z levels you fucking hack.
uhhh mods already did that, sweetie
try again
>>
>>1245730
No they dont, Z levels is buggy as fuck and Rimthreaded doesnt even work. Which tends to happen when its a amateur mod and not a fucking original dev work.
Unlike QEE, RJW, BNC, What the Hack and others that this new DLC takes idea from.
>>
>>1245028
>yuri
Kys
>>
>>1245482
I haven't gotten any of the DLCs because they all feel gimmicky to me. The base game with mods is great. I've put many hundreds of hours into it and it's the one game I always return to when everything else seems boring.
>>
NOTHING CHANGED WITH BIOTECH X IDEOLOGY, FUCKING NOTHING

THERE'S NO CROSS CONTENT FROM ALL EXPANSIONS

WHAT THE FUCK TYNAN HOW RETARDED ARE YOU
>>
he doesn't want to lock content in one DLC behind another
>>
he doesn't give a fuck
>>
he does, you just have to buy his book to figure out how much he cares
>>
>>1246057
>he doesn't want to lock content in one DLC behind another
okay so now content at all for you
they feel so separated how did he think this'd be okay
>>
>>1228813
>NO, NOT THE CHILDERINO
You are the reason why children nowadays are so entitled and grow into manchildren. They should get beaten and roughen up instead
>>
>>1246173
Were you beaten and molested as a child?
>>
>>1246173
He's referencing the fact that Rimworld has already been banned in Australia once, retard.
>>
>>1245733
>take inspiration from
wow didn't know that the rjw and bnc dev came up with the concept of babies. Same with the wth devs that came up with the idea of playable robots in vidya.
>>
>>1246205
Kind of funny that they of all people did it considering what sort of reputation they have online as a nation. Though ive heard their gov is just pussy in general
>>
>>1245351
>autistic
>prefers stockpile
not surprised
>>
>>1245596
I have a variant of it. Really nice not having 129843 different stacks of rice after harvesting season
>>
>>1246475
>he unironically still thinks babies exist in real life
>>
>>1246475
>>1246857
You ever wonder why you can't remember anything from when you were a baby? Exactly
>>
>>1246475
>trying to be smug
>end up coming off as retarded
Good job faggot shill.
>>
>1246921 (you)
>try to be smug
>is retarded
>>
So far I kinda like the way the baby to child to adult system works, picking passions and perks. And the fact that you can give them a weapon the moment they're 3. I loaded up a toddler with a Zeushammer and have the little psychopath mauling hedgehogs whenever she has the chance.

I think I'd definitely add in a faction at some point that's focused on raiding specifically to kidnap children.
>>
>>1247168
>Raiders show up early on with overwhelming force
>steals your kids
>another raid shows up a few years later
>your children have been mind broken and turned into soldiers to continue the cycle
pure kino
>>
>>1245028
>yuritroon with the impotent whining
classic
>>
I wish mechs could handle basic Warden duty.
Like suppressing slaves by scaring the shit out of them, delivering food, etc.
>>
>>1246191
Yes but not molested. You don't accomplish anything by molesting kids
>>
Why can't your strip corpses of their implants?
>>
>>1247561
too OP
>>
File: 1566.png (617 KB, 1099x1012)
617 KB
617 KB PNG
Can you say how much of an item to put in a certain shelf or stockpile? Like put some food down for my prisoners, because they keep starving. Or have one of my colonists work further away but someone could refill his food if it gets too low or something
>>
>randy drops a crashed ship part
>then a mechanoid cluster just a few hours later, right next the ship part
> try to aggro the ship part from afar using snipers
>mechanoid cluster wakes up anyway
>drops more mechanoids on top of me as reinforcements
Reloaded and not ashamed of it
>>
>>1246173
There is a right middle between spoiling and beating a kid you know
>>
>>1248743
beating is the middle, idort
>>
>>1243874
>31MB
How?
>>
how the fuck are all you retards paying AAA game price for this trash lol I've never seen a greedier developer than this cunt
>>
>>1248892
because I have more hours in it than all my AAA games combined.
>>
>>1248892
this lmao no kap we should be playing fortnite fr fr shit is straight bussin yo
>>
>>1245210
No idea how to change skin colors for tribals and raiders without it fucking with all pawn generation, but a plantation colony is entirely doable. Go find that one mod that adds in Victorian-era clothing so your Southern Gents can look the part, too.
>>
>>1245210
>>1249045
it's possible and built into the game. Go to faction defs and fiddle with this thing called MelaninRange. Thank me later.
>>
>>1248035
>not successfully aggroing the entire bug swarm into the cluster on your first try, achieving a full bug wipe and two slightly damaged mechs
turns out I should have saved them for a human raid, but it still felt good
>>
>>1248892
All games are free
>>
>>1245596
that bookman hasn't added some sort of official storage is retarded. "just put everything on the floor bro"
>>
>>1228806
Last time I tried to play this game it had a horrible interface, I couldn’t bother. Did they improve it?
>>
>>1247950
You can have a one-tile stockpile or something like rimfridge, but colonists will start refilling it the moment the prisoner takes something.

Never played with nutrient paste, but from what I've read, a dispenser might work?
>>
>>1249235
shelves are in the base game
>>
Are there any good mods for more genes or mech types yet?
>>
>>1250037
Vanilla Expanded has Saurids, and there's already a bunch for purely cosmetic bits, mostly furries.
>>
>>1249376
I think it works fine. Maybe also try the RimUI mod
>>
>all DLC costs $100
>you still get this garbage artwork
this game looks like ass yet it costs more than a AAA game

>muh art
yeah when you pay $100 muh art better look good not like a fucking flash cartoon from 2002
>>
File: 20221102235805_1.jpg (627 KB, 2560x1440)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
>>
File: 20221103000216_1.jpg (168 KB, 2560x1440)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>1250144
That was fun. I think I'm going to do a tribal run next with a less forgiving Ideoligion and maybe go for the Stellarch ending.
>>
>>1250100
pay?
>>
>>1228815
looking forward to the DLC being blocked from sale in Australia in 5 years when the ratings board notices this
>>
>>1250100
1,216.2 hours played
I am not terribly fussed by the price of the DLC
>>
>>1250100
git ye gone, graphicsfag
>>
>>1250144
>>1250147
Wtf are those solar panels and what was your ideology
>>
>>1243825
Why is vanilla expanded hated tho? Yeah some mods just clutter your build menu with useless shit, but the food and weapon mods are bretty good.
>>
>>1250100
in what world does a AAA game+all DLCs cost only $100?
>>
>>1250219
causes terrible lag on half of the modules because it's a patchwork mess of stolen code and code outsourced to the inept
plus Sarg is a massive dickhead
>>
File: I SAID STOP.jpg (73 KB, 326x312)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>Pirate smoke machine nearby into Mechanoid cluster into multiple colonists with flu into Mechanoid raid into Pirate raid
ENOUGH WITH THE SHIT RANDY.
>>
>>1250276
Sounds more like Phoebe
>>
>>1250208
Mostly Transhumanist and Collectivist make things a bit too easy - the latter is a tripled work drive and the former means you don't have to worry about food in the early game.

The solar panels are just solar panels, but one of the VE mods is just for cosmetic texture variations. Since the rest of the Archist/Transhumanist stuff uses a bunch of hexagons, I just cycled through the graphics until they were hexagons.
>>
>>1250100
Kill yourself faggot
https://gog-games.com/game/rimworld
>>
>>1250352
buy my book
>>
Ideology is bad.
Royalty is giga turbonigger bad.
Why should I bother with this one?
>>
>>1250603
it's good
>>
>spend 20 minutes designing my speshul custom xenotype
>can't make my faction a specific xenotype
>no way to link it to my faction or ideology at all
Why did the dlc launch without this functionality?
It's only been a few weeks so there's no mods yet, but still. Why is there not a separate faction xenotype picker in the scenario editor? Am I just dumb?
>>
>>1250890
tynan is an absolute retard who think there should be no interlinking of his DLCs that are really just base game improvements
of course modders will do it all for him anyways
>>
>>1250945
genius, actually. Why do work when the pole and his crew do it for free?
>>
>>1250945
unironic chad move, his fans do it for free
>>
File: Spoiler Image (25 KB, 484x388)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>1250945
>>1250971
>>1250976
He learned from the master...
>>
>>1250945
>>1250971
>>1250976
There's not even options to do it with base xenohumans though. I at least want a dirty little pig village damn it.
>>
>>1250986
you can do it yourself by modding in a new player faction. It takes 5 minutes and triple digits IQ to figure out.
>>
File: 872.jpg (37 KB, 680x680)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>"Mechanoid cluster has awakened"
>newborn kid decided to go stargazing next to the cluster I was still preparing to destroy
>>
every time I try not to cheese the game by making cringe killboxes I get fucking murdered even on lower difficulties
>>
>>1251207
Use Combat Extended. Make sure to stock on Ammo and Explosives to deal with armored opponents.
>>
>>1251365
>anon is getting fucked even on low difficulty
>recommend him CE
que?
>>
>>1251175
Man, first thing I did when the colony baby became a toddler is set up an inside-the-walls zone. Then I grouped all the younglings together in the colonist bar so that I could go to the schedule tab and just quick-click them over to 'safety'. Otherwise your little nature-running, sky-dreaming, muffalo-hauling spastic will get fucking murdered by everything.
>>
>>1251401
Anon said he's trying to cheese the game with cringe killboxes.
CE makes them relatively unnecessary by making your colonists into competent shooters and their armor actually useful to use. You just need to adapt to the new difficulty of the enemies in the game by stocking on explosives for armored enemies and making sure you have ammo for the weapons you wanna use.
>>
I want a game like Rimworld but the other factions are actually simulated, and you don't have 900 tribal raiders spawn because you own a nice kitchen.
Imagine a planet that has an actual simulated population that you can decimate/ help grow. Forming trade routes and seeing goods produced by settlements spread across the map.
>>
>>1251417
>s trying to cheese
trying NOT TO cheese
>>
>>1251365
learn to read
>>
>>1251466
Wrong.
>>
>>1251424
doesn't it have a world map with factions though? idk I actually never played rimworld that much, and never bothered with the world map embark system because it's so weird and clunky
>>
>>1251424
Check some of these
>Rim War.
>Empire
>[SR]Factional War
>[SR]Raid Extension
>Dynamic Diplomacy
>Faction Resources
>Faction Raid Cooldown
>Enemy Self Preservation
>No One Left Behind

>>1251537
Factions do not interact with each other, and Raids do not have any connection to the 'strength' of a faction, which is not even a thing really outside of their tech level and the number of settlements they have.
>>
>>1251424
Have you heard of dwarf fortress?
>>
I use custom scaling to reduce the impact of wealth on raid sizes.
>>
>>1251424
There is a mod that rejiggers the wealth calculation to mostly take into account your weapons. You still can't build Fort Knox and expect nobody to come for your hoard, but at least this way finding a load of jade won't suddenly summon the T-1000. It's called Combat Readiness Check. Haven't played with it much yet, but raids have been decent so far.
>>
>>1250603
how is ideology worse than royalty. Royalty is well designed and balanced, ideology is just bloat and imba
>>
>>1251175
wow kids are retarded who could have known
you
you should have restricted their allowed area
>>
>>1251984
Royalty betrayed the lore and T*nan retroactively banned mods using a non-Royalty techprint mechanic from Steam Workshop out of jewishness.
I will not use it on principle, ever.
>>
>>1251987
>Royalty betrayed the lore
how so I've never actually read the lore
>>
i didnt think about that before but this dlc opens up a new starting scenario/gameplay path
you start with a man and a woman and do not recruit any new members unless its going to be a spouse for one of your children
should be very unique but perhaps 'a bit' slower than usual.
Could be two families instead at the start and all new colonists are their children.
>>
is there a mod to mark my faction as being a specific xenotype so any people that join via rituals will be of that xenotype
>>
File: file.png (30 KB, 420x121)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
anyone used Yayo's Combat mod before?
Is it better than CE?
>>
>>1251993
It's CE-super lite that doesn't fuck with the code to add anything. Ammos are just reskinned drug that you take to be able to shoot. Bullet damage is unchanged and the armor system only takes tech into consideration i.e arrows have a massive damage malus against power armor. The only other major change is high level pawns become more accurate.
>>
>>1251993
It's a simplified CE.
It doesn't change the core method the game uses to calculate shooting, doesn't add shooting modes, or changes the AI of Pawns.

>Animations and effects
>Ammo
>Armor improvement
>Accuracy improvement
That's pretty much all it does.

Yayo used to be the 'Go To' option for people who didnt want to deal with all of the patches required to use CE, but most of these patches have already been integrated into CE itself so compatibility is very rarely an issue and often only with very new mods.
Now it's more of an option on how big of an overhaul you want for Combat.
>>
>>1251988
From pre-royalty Psychic Awakening mod
>This mod is intended to be lore-friendly. Psychic powers deal only with manipulating conscious minds - there is no telekinesis, crystal healing, or any other "space magic" that generic sci-fi sometimes lumps in with it.
>Evidently I was too conservative in my estimation of what RimWorld's psychic abilities could accomplish! Expect to see a wide variety of more exotic powers soon.
And now we have space magic in RimWorld. Also, initially Space Empires weren't a thing on the Rim, Galatic Wild West.
https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Lore
>>
>>1252042
space empire still isn't a thing. The Imperials from Royalty are a nomadic rump state.
>>
>9 years of development and you still can't queue up techs to research
>>
the never sleep gene is pretty silly
>>
>>1251175
don't listen to the haters anon. keep your kids free range. let nature sort them out.
>>
>>1252079
Theres
A
Mod
For
That~
>>
>>1251175
listen to the haters, anon. Kids are suicide machine. Be a responsible parent and put one between their eyes before they drag anyone with them.
>>
>>1252238
fix your fucking game, tynan
>>
File: exit.gif (915 KB, 165x200)
915 KB
915 KB GIF
>5 hive infestation + Raid at the same time
>>
>>1252627
I turn off infestations because they are boring and they force you to design your mountain bases unaesthetically
>>
File: manhunter pack.jpg (94 KB, 1670x1201)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
Does CE make this shit more bearable, or am I cursed to make killboxes just to survive?
>>
>>1252912
>manhunter
Literally just close the door
>>
The fact that Ideology stuff will never interact with any DLC content is the most retarded thing i ever heard.

What the fuck Tynan
>>
>>1252916
>cheesing
>>
>>1252940
The game flat out tells you to stay inside
>>
>>1252942
it was a joke
>>
>>1252949
i assumed but wanted to reply anyway
>>
>>1252940
>>1252942
>>1252949
>>1252951
Now kiss.
>>
>>1252991
Sorry, romance is incompatible as I do not have the 'Gay' trait
>>
what’s a good rimjob yt channel
>>
Is it possible to stack so many negative genes that you actually don't need to eat anymore?
>>
>>1254021
nope
caps at -50%

you might be able to get it lower with implants but I havent checked
>>
>>1254250
well that's disappointing
I wanted to make some people that never slept and never needed to eat
now if only there was a way to make it so they didn't need fun
>>
Is it cruel to remove the limbs of all your prisoners, harvest their blood on the regular, steal their DNA, and forcibly scramble their brains in order to build more mechanoids?
>>
Do you guys aim to stay below a certain number of colonists? Or just recruit anyone as long as they're good?
I like the idea of a small colony run by few elite pawns, but not sure how well it can handle late game threats
>>
>>1254574
With Biotech you can have a single Mechanitor with an army of slave Mechanoids at your disposal.
>>
>2 wives
>pawn can only have sex with the wife thats in the doble bed and not the wife thats adjacent to the doublebed on a singlebed
>1 wife gets all the sex while the other gets nothing
i was wondering why only 1 wife was getting pregnant
unfinished ass game
>>
>>1254793
Make two double beds and manually switch the guy from one to the other every few nights.
>>
>>1254574
I try to stay below 8 colonists
I don't find the game as interesting with large colonies, everyone becomes expendable because someone else can do their job
>>
i will never feed my colonists nutrient paste
>>
>>1255050
I exclusively feed my colonists bug meat
>>
>>1255050
What about prisoners?
>>
>>1255319
They get fed meals made from the bodies of their countrymen and wear clothes made from the skin of their countrymen
>>
>>1241503
still need the mod for that, anon
>>
>>1251852
so it basically lowers the difficulty without telling you how much you suck at the game?
>>
>>1255350
>NOOO YOU MUST PLAY THE GAME THE WAY I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1255350
The wealth based raids are gay as fuck anyway. It would be nice if all the different factions and settlements actually simulated growth and development so that the raids against you would actually make sense and killing people would have long term consequences for the Rim-world.
Expanding this out would also be cool, like if there were only 100 elephants left on the planet and you start an elephant farm to breed them because they have such a high value from that scarcity. So much of Rimworld is gamy as shit and would be better as a more expansive simulation.
>>
>air mail 50000000 tonnes of toxic waste at a tribal settlement
>settlement doesn't fall apart
>they keep sending raids at me but no one in their raiding party has any toxic buildup
curious
>>
is CE updated yet?
>>
>Constructoids randomly decided they don't want to construct anything any more
t-thanks tynan
>>
>>1255370
There's an unofficial 1.4 patch on the Workshop. Haven't had issues yet.
>>
>>1254574
You don't need many colonist. A large army of Vanilla pawns is about the same if you convert their entire wealth into Psychic, Mechinator, Gene or Swarm Defense turrets upgrades for elite pawns.
>>
>>1255370
>CE
id love to try but it breaks/needs patches for so much shit.
>>
>>1256696
Almost all patches for CE are integrated into CE itself already.
What mods are you using that don't/won't have compatibility yet?
>>
>you get construction and farming robots before the fucking roomba

Tynan you fucking retard I'm never buying your book
>>
>>1256696
https://github.com/CombatExtended-Continued/CombatExtended/blob/Development/SupportedThirdPartyMods.md

Ctrl+f, if you find the mod you want it has been made compatible, if not the mod is either one that has its own compatibility patch integrated or doesnt need one
Otherwise you either have to wait for the CE team to do the patch or take the mod out, don't be a massive retard and bother modders about CE compatibility
>>
>>1243312
you can change difficulty and storyteller any time you wish
>what ideoligion should I do
I'd just ignore it for the fist run
>>
>the jew releases a new overpriced dlc for his overpriced game
>every mod is now broken
>check back in a while later
>some big mods are still broken
>forget about the game for a few months hoping it will be fixed
>the jew releases another shitty overpriced dlc
>every mod is broken
>repeat
>>
>>1256912
Meanwhile in reality, every mod worth using is updated before the DLC even officially comes out.
>>
>>1256917
nooooo you can't just refute my narrative
>>
>>1256917
>>1256919
Combat extended is not updated. Save our ship is not updated. Those aren't the only two, just examples.
Now you're supposed to move the goalposts and say "I said mods worth using" to which I will respond "Ok tynan, I'll just keep not buying your game".
There, you're welcome.
>>
>>1256925
thanks for expediting the argument, anon.
But you forgot the obligatory "buy my book"
>>
>>1256925
>mods that mangle the game
Every time. Whenever someone complains about Rimworld, they're always heavy mod users.
>>
>>1256929
>whenever someone complains about rimworld, it's someone tynan keeps preventing from playing the game so he can buy yet another secondary home
No shit retard
>>
>>1256929
Mods that fix your game you mean, tynan.
>>
>>1256932
Blame the lazy modders, not Tynan for updating his own game.
>>1256936
There are a lot of mods that fix the game, and CE and Save our ship aren't part of those. See my modlist for mods that actually fix the game without ruining the gameplay.
>>
>>1256939
Which of these mods fix the terrible combat and horrible performance?
>>
>>1256943
>terrible combat
Combat could be better, but it's fun.

>horrible performance
You wouldn't have horrible performance if you didn't install a ton of bloatmods. With this setup, I could run the game perfectly fine even on my older computer with a shitty fx-6350 cpu.
>>
>>1256947
>You wouldn't have horrible performance if you didn't install a ton of bloatmods.
The performance is horrible without any mods. The again someone who cries about modding probably never plays more than 20 hours on a single save file so figures.
>>
>>1256912
>>the jew
worse, he is anglo
>>
>>1256952
When I say jew I don't mean the ethnicity or religion anon, I mean "one of the greedy individuals who participate in making the world a worse place than they found it out of greed". I know it's confusing with poltards crying about jews all day, my bad.
>>
>>1256948
stop gaming on a potato, anon
>>
>>1256956
Stop trying to change the subjet tynan, fix your fucking game
>>
>>1256962
i can't fund that development unless you buy my book...
>>
>>1256925
Combat Extended has a 1.4 patch in beta and it works fine. And Ideology came out over a year ago, it hasn't been "a few months". But by all means, keep crying.
>>
>>1256955
>A NEW PIECE OF DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT DROPPED, THE WORLD IS A WORSE PLACE NOW
I know "meds" has become incredibly overused, but you seriously need some.
>>
>>1256978
>confidently incorrect retard thinks ideology was the last dlc
>>1256980
?
>>
a lot of retards get completely owned by pigs and neaderthals without CE, so that’s why they are crying. Unfortunately they live in third world shitholes and pirate the game, so there is no reason to cater to them. Too bad there is no way to equally filter them from 4chan.
>>
>>1257020
>make killbox
>all vanilla combat now beaten
>don't make killbox
>eventually die
?
Much easier than using CE and not using a killbox, tynan.
>>
>>1257031
>don't make killbox
>>eventually die
that's half the fun
>>
>>1257035
Not when it's inevitable no matter what you do, tynan.
>>
>>1257037
Is so
>>
>>1257031
anon, there is a reason your country is filled with trash, material and human. Its because you are low IQ. You can beat any challenge the game throws at you using psycasts, melee, gas, or a million other tools other than a stupid mod that "emulates" slavshit weapons and ammo.
>>
>>1257042
>anon, there is a reason your country is filled with trash, material and human.
Meds. You're projecting again.
>>
>>1240431
You'd have to rewrite that piece of turd almost entirely
>>
>>1240431
Just use prepare moderately instead of waiting for your cheat mod.
>>
File: file.png (23 KB, 322x59)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
gross
>>
>>1256982
Smoothbrain, your claim ws that DLCs are "a few months" apart. The DLC that just now released, Biotech, came a year after the previous one, Ideology. And that one also came a year after the first. There, now you should be able to grasp the core of this argument with your considerable intellect.
>>
>>1257072
Does it fuck up any mods besides rimworld of magic
>>
>>1257191
You know you can just revert back to 1.3 or 1.2 from the steam options, right?
Then you can use all your old bloatmods without issue!
>>
>>1257194
rimworld fucking sucks with more than 10 pawns
>>
>>1257306
I will say by the time I had 16 pawns (well, fifteen and a baby), I was running out of stuff for them to do consistently.
>>
>>1257417
That's always been my problem with high pawn counts
Half the guys don't do anything until the other half get injured
I guess it's alright if you're constantly sending half your guys on expeditions, but if you're not doing that the it's just awful
>>
>>1257422
You should be able to send off pawns to establish a new colony. Not one that you run, necessarily, but one that becomes a nearby trading partner and, ideally, serves to spread your influence in some sort of Ideology-based win-condition.
>>
>>1257037
>>1257035
>>1257031
Compressed raids + CE + combat readiness check + no killboxing is objectively best way to play the game.
>>
>>1257277
I don't have any problems with my mod list. Are you brain damaged?
>>
>>1257528
>CE
>>
>>1257716
>yayo/vanilla faggot seething
kys fgt
>>
>>1256917
seeds please
>>
>>1228806
You have my attention. What's the best mods so I can have a nice loli slave harem/breeding farm?
>>
CE faggots are the vegans of rimworld. Nobody asks.
>>
Which story teller should I use?
>>
>>1258485
Randy
>>
>>1230056
IMO children should be breedable at age [REDACTED]
>>
>>1258495
>>
>>1258495
biological or chronological?
>>
File: file.png (760 KB, 1086x568)
760 KB
760 KB PNG
>>1230122
Reminds me of when I started dumping all my corpses into an external bunker and raiders kept invading the bunker because it had the highest concentration of "valuables".
>>
>>1258344
Owlchemist has an updated lightly modified version that works fine.
>>
File: 1658886406620.gif (66 KB, 718x404)
66 KB
66 KB GIF
bear ate my firstborn
cougar took my second one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPsCXWW7NJM
>>
>>1258751
I wish a cougar would take me away.
>>
>In other news, on top of the ongoing 1.4 refinement updates, we've got a chunky mid-term 1.4 update on the way with a variety of new cross-expansion integration content
He's literally fixing everything including the price :^)
>>
>>1258751
lmao
>>
>>1238349
god I wish that were me
>>
>>1228806
i hate that this game got taken over by rapist peadophile creepazoids. hope it was worth it, Tynan, you sick fuck.
>>
>>1258485
you should switch them around every now and then. play with the default too long and you'll know whenever a raid is coming by feel. play with randy too long and you could end up with no raids at all.
>>
>>1259702
bro that's just 4chan
>>
>>1254524
As long as they are fed, the room is neat, pretty and they have a joywire I don't see the issue
>>
File: 1649943376245.png (91 KB, 818x113)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
how will the racism update impact the game bros
>>
>no interaction with Royalty
even Tynan knows that expansion was a disaster
>>
>Be me, furry owo inquisitor.
>Better than furless fags who don't worship our lord and deliverer Sonichu( Hallowed be thy smeg)
>Tribal heathens keep burning down oil gennies (Fuck trees). Crusade time
>Droppod directly into their heretical nursery
>Commence operation spicy air.png
>Release more toxic gas than all of China
>Seal off doors so tribals can't get in to save their hellspawn
>Have everyone but Greg leave map
>Greg watches as tribals start having autistic tantrum over dead babies
>TFW pyromaniac burns their own base down
>TFW social fights leave more dead tribals than we did

Sonichu is good
>>
File: WcbuRDF.jpg (430 KB, 1913x1247)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>1251207
I'm a few years in on my first run ever at Blood and Dust difficulty without using killboxes on this non-meta meme fort and still doing fine, I feel killboxes would just trivialise everything.

I might need to work something out for dealing with doomsday rockets soon
>>
>>1260056
not enough. We need a system for melanin as well.
>>
File: BigBrainPsy.webm (2.93 MB, 1920x1080)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>1260273
Berserk then Skipshield, profit.
>>
>>1260588
I have never made it this late into a game before
I normally get bored of my colony long before this point and start over
Mid game is the only enjoyable part of Rimworld
>>
>>1260508
there is, tynan is being a fag and hid the melanin genes. However there is a mod that makes them extractable.
>>
>>1260682
>add melanin genes for modders to discover
>fag
>>
>>1228808
kino
>>
File: real.png (19 KB, 528x253)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>1260682
holy shit it's real
>>
picked up rimworld on sale
how do I not have my idiots constantly on the verge of starvation? How big does a farm need to be to feed them?
What do I do other than constantly risk staving and try to reseach new techs?
ae there any good lewd mods?
no DLC.
>>
>>1263512
grow and hunt
grow your colony and attack other outposts
no
>>
>>1263512
If you get a mod like Set Up Camp, you can travel to other tiles and set up temporary settlements. Send your Plants experts and let them harvest all the berries there. Maybe bring a hunter too, in case you come across useful animals. If you want to go really wild and save on caravan weight bring a cook too. You can plop down a butcher spot anywhere. You'll get reduced yields, but animal corpses can get really heavy.

In a pinch, nobody needs to be an expert. It's totally viable to just send two people on such an expedition. Your spoils will just be smaller.
>>
>>1252073
It's still gay. I've been playing RimWorld for like 7 years and I still just own the base game because the DLCs are gimmicky and dumb. The Imperial bullshit is a stupid addition.
>>
>>1263756
you are the gey. If you don't like the Imperials just fight them and treat them like cooler pirates.
>>
>>1263756
I have it pirated and i just turn off the empire in worldgen but i cant imagine actually paying for it
This track is pretty good though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9wIifio_CY
>>
Why doesn't phoenix armor count as prestige armor?
>>
What does a decent bedroom look like?
>>
>>1264581
high quality furniture, nice floors, and art
>>
>>1264581
Nothing but a wooden slab bed, a lamp, and a silver large statue (masterwork). Fine floors tho.
>>
did they state when's the next unstable patch final release? hesitant to start a new colony now desu
>>
Are children harder to hit, and thus less easy to use as human shields, than regular infantry?
>>
>>1264739
yes, smaller bodysize does make them harder to hit. Same reason its easier to hit thrumbos than squirrels.
>>
>>1264581
spacious room (to get the spacious interior buff) with tile floor and walls, alternatively if you live in a mountain base you can smooth the wallsurfaces which is also an excellent way to gain construction skill
>>
>>1264581
>>1264924
Addendum to smoothing the walls.
Just use art for the bedroom instead of smoothing early on if you're doing a proper mountain base, it's so labor intensive and you can always move the art elsewhere after you smooth.
>>
>>1265116
Last time i played smoothing the walls/surfaces was the meta play since it didnt balloon your "colony value" therefore you could get smaller raids.

Honestly i hate the "colony value" mechanic, yes please send 20 tribal against me because ive build a masterwork dinning table
>>
>>1265126
You can switch it to scaling by time in storyteller settings
>>
>>1228806
Jesus, I've gotten the worst luck with my psychic powers this run. Level 4 so far and I have Word of Trust, Focus, Neural Heat Dump, and Chaos Skip.
>>
>>1265126
>>1265133
You can change threat either in the storyteller settings or with a mod that only considers your combat capability as the base for calculating raid strength.
>>
>>1265335
take the cheating pill

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2293460251
>>
Have any good new mods come out for Biotech era Rimworld?
>>
>>1265335
I always thought psychic powers were ass but it turns out I just never rolled the good ones either on level up nor traders.
Ive to this day not come across invisibility which feels like the best one
>>
>>1228806
what do you do if you have a tribal start in an area that doesn't allow much farming, like a taiga? Just stockpile tons of food?
>>
Are there any animals worth treating as pets or are they nothing but filth generators all the way down?
>>
>>1266163
The animals that can fight are good pets. I'm especially fond of wargs and thrumbos.
>>
>>1265777
Hunt everything that stumbles into your zone. If necessary, draft colonists to have your whole army take down more formidable animals like polar bears and megasloths.

If it's cold, there are barely any animals out there and your food is running low, send a caravan of maybe two people two tiles away to harvest berries and come back. Normally, you shouldn't have to do this for more than one winter if you stay on top of your research. Take care to give these two as many warm clothing items as you have. If they get hypothermia on the way, you could well be fucked. Parkas and tailcaps, baby. If you can scavenge tuques, you can wear them under the tailcaps.

The most important research is complex clothing, stonecutting to preserve wood, then haul ass to get electricity, solar panels and batteries. Once you can put together four solar panels, you can reliably keep up a single sun lamp greenhouse that'll get you through the cold months.
>>
Do nobles still expect a fancy bedroom if they don't need to sleep?
>>
>>1266177
Yeah but do you let them indoors?
I need a fucking roomba for all the dirt and filth getting deposited inside constantly.
>>
>>1266203
Yes, I let my pets indoors because I'm not an asshole.
>>
>>1266204
cringe
>>
>go away to make food suited for my fat fuck tastes
>pause on major incident on
>come back and paste dispenser is gone
>shithead had a tantrum and destroyed the only meal source
>it's a yellow letter
>no components
>>
>>1266265
That's what autosaves are for and the pause function.
>>
>caravan came into my colony
>finally some components and plasteel
>Get only 6 plasteel from 126
>wtf
>You added this mod
>https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2856471776
>fuck, I lost precious materials, so I can't build multi-analyzer
>check discussions
>,,Trader may keep items with "Common Sense" mod''
What do? New run would kinda sucks but i don't want to cheat.
>>
>>1266420
commitment modo..
>>
Anyone have a good giant mod pack?
I have 208 mods on my 1.0 rimworld. I'd like to update, but it's not at all appealing trying to go through all of those 208 mods to see if they updated and then look through newer mods to see if they're compatible.
>>
>>1266567
You live and you learn.
>>
>>1265354
>damn, those guys only have one dude with wooden club, let's go home boys
This is even more retarded concept than raiding a site for legendary dining table.
>>
>>1266265
just mine bro
>>
>>1266773
how would these guys know if you had a legendary dining table without actually going into your base
>>
cant get any new colonist because all the enemy factions are neandertals, ant people, trash eaters or furrys
literally every single prisioner that i get is a useless fuck genetically modified to have the worst stats and traits posible
need to start a new run and set some of the enemy factions to be normal humans
>>
>>1267305
just make your colonists fuck or grow some new babies in tubes
>>
>>1267311
i didnt noticed the problem on my first run because i got all of my colonist trough random events or babies
this run im just staganted with 2 women and fuck all to do
>>
>>1267315
should have made your religious events have a chance to give you a new colonist
>>
>>1267305
There's ant people in the game now?
>>
>>1267311
Baby mechanics are retarded, pawns get a hefty "muh babby ded" moodlet when all the interaction with said now dead baby was jizzing on a petri dish with an egg cell.
>>
>>1267305
You can ovewrite the shit genes, neanderthals become passable as colonists when you give them fast learning. My main crafter and mechanist is a slightly genetically uplifted neanderthal.
>>
>>1266869
It’s legendary bro. It’s the fucking Mona Lisa of dining tables
>>
>>1267389
none of my guys are allowed to leave the premises and we have no comm station
how did word get out
>>
>>1267420
cell phones
>>
>>1266567
commitment mode is for the weak.
Men use this.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2547149365&searchtext=
>>
What the fuck is this space wizard shit? The enemies don't even use it. If you fight the empire they should send their space wizards to fuck you up. Why is this even a dlc? Feels more like a powerlevel wankfest mod.
>>
>>1267771
>If you fight the empire they should send their space wizards to fuck you up.
They should. Now that we have enemies that can't be Converted and recruited we could have actual psychic enemies fighting against your colonists without the fear of making the game too easy by making them recruitable.
>>
>>1228806
Playing Vanilla Rimworld is comfy.
>>
>>1228806
It seems like if someone were to have a rite of hospitality, that could be used against them. You could invite them into your home, only for them to attack, or come back later after inspecting your defenses.
>>
>>1268345
Should you even allow visitor's inside your territory? should there be like a 'meeting area' where you can talk to people but keep them from the center of your basecamp?
>>
>>1268333
Boring*
>>
Does 1.4 Fix Everything™?
>>
File: giga chad note.png (69 KB, 352x380)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
First thing on my Christmas list. I have over eight hundred Mods and four thousand hours. LET'S GOOOOOO!
>>
File: share hand.png (20 KB, 480x360)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>1230056

Simple.

> Don't kill kids
> Protect your kids
> Protect other kids
> Turn off child raiders.

It's good to see that you are a good person and not a RJW faggot.
>>
File: girl.png (109 KB, 211x353)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>1230222

Anyone that uses RJW is literally a bad person.

> Bestiality
> Rape
> Incest
> Incest rape
> Has a slider for the rape/sex
> Used to allow pedo ages
> Got caught
> Supposedly hard-coded it out
> Can still get it easily

If you use RJW you should be put on a list.
>>
>>1231019

I mean, the best pirates are the ones that download to be fully informed and then, if they like the game, buy it. Some games are always moral to pirate, like anything EA, but a game like Rimworld is a game I personally support paying to get.

Is it still shilling if you're not paid?
>>
File: OLDFLAGFAGS.png (51 KB, 284x453)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>1245210

I know of a Mod called White Only on Steam that lets you set a melanin range, but it only affects ALL colonists.

Your best bet is just to esnalve only the black ones.

Also, plantation slaves are based.
>>
>>1245977

> Literally releasing a new Patch about cross content before Christmas
> Mods having field days with cross content

Did you even think before you wrote that?
>>
File: are you hearing this.png (95 KB, 629x392)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>1248892

> Not having an imagination
> Doesn't develop emotional attachment to colonists
> Doesn't come up with stories and ideas and act them out
> Doesn't build bases
> Will never colonize the stars
> Will never know what it feels like to get an infestation
> Would play with RJW if he got the game

Let me guess. It's the graphics, right?
Consider Fortnite or Overwatch II.

I'll keep my four thousand hours of endless fun.
>>
>>1234234
Its very easy to find out. Theres a ui button for that on the bottom right
>>
>>1265396
>Ive to this day not come across invisibility which feels like the best one
It isn't.
>>
File: 037.gif (1.43 MB, 360x238)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
>>1267771
Bad design

>>1268892
>posts Undertale
>>
>>1234234
Aesthetically, I always floor it.
>>
Give me mods for
>controlling skin color of factions
>controlling sex ratio of factions
>Sex Matters updated for current version
Keep rocking fellow chuds
>>
>>1268889
>25 days ago
fucking retard gorilla nigger
>>
>>1228843
Boss...you killed a child...
EXCELLENT WORK, BOSS, THAT'S WHY YOU'RE THE BEST!
>>
>>1230056
>In my opinion they should be unkillable
so you're advocating for child soldiers basically
>>
>>1231669
>>1232957
whats this from anyway?
>>
File: 294100_20221124121007_1.png (894 KB, 1920x1080)
894 KB
894 KB PNG
>>1228806
What do you think of this as an 'easy' scenario?
Anything you'd add? Any limitations?
>>
>>1269354
oh, i forgot to remove jogger.
>>
>>1269362
is that like removing kabab?
>>
>>1269354
Should start with a couple advanced components if you're going to give yourself fabrication at the start
>>
>>1269366
not a bad idea.
>>
>>1269354
I'd say add three flak vests and steel helms (so every goon has better odds of surviving early raids) (also you can have your main combat guys take off the recon armor to preserve its condition, assuming you aren't using repair mods).
>>
>>1269571
I would, but the start has so many advantages to begin with.
>>
>>1269574
I just want something to sort of ease the early game grind. I don't want it to be too strong a start.
>>
>>1269574
>>1269575
You already have recon armor.
Flak vests and helmets aren't going to 'be too strong a start'.
Trust me.
>>
>>1231787
Yeah I don't get this update. Already good mods for this.
>>
>>1269828
>NOOO YOU CAN'T JUST ADD NEW FEATURES IF MODS ALREADY MADE THEM!!!
>YOU HAVE TO MAKE 100% TOTALLY UNIQUE CONTENT THAT NO ONE HAS EVER THOUGHT OF BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1269842
1 - You have to add popular and important features from mods to the base game
2 - and that alone doesn't justify a paying content

>MUH DEVS ARE GONNA STARVE TO DEATH THINK OF THE CHILDREN 11111
>>
If the rimworld devs are gonna starve they oughta get on the phone with Trudeau and have the Canadian government subsidize the Book
>>
they can't because trudeau is spending all our money confiscating legally purchased rifles from hunters in rural areas instead of policing the border to stop illegal guns being smuggled across the american border
>>
>>1228806
Tester
>>
>>1269860
You dumb fucks keep voting for him, and he keeps exploiting your 'call an election any time you want' system to stay in power, so...no sympathy.
>>
>>1269865
he lost the popular vote the last two elections but our election system is fucked
>>
>>1269867
Well, at his age, you've probably only got thirty more years of him sitting as your King. So be mindful when he will step down and reform your country then.
>>
Make a really cold freezer room to throw the cold vulnerable guys into, and a really hot room to throw the heat vulnerable guys into.
Not so extreme they'll die instantly, just enough so they will slowly perish.
>>
>>1269878
For me it's removing all the limbs, one kidney, one lung, both eyes, tongue, and teeth, and then installing a mindscrew for every prisoner
Perfect fodder for the brainrape mech farm
>>
File: 20221125213158_1.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
Comfy.

Is there any way to set npc factions to have specific xenotypes? Maybe a mod? I made this xenotype specifically to use them as a nudist tribe and then realised that all nudist tribes spawn as baseliners as standard.
>>
>>1270064
I'm sure when the Faction Editor mod (whose name I can't remember) will have that feature when it's updated.
>>
Did Tynan give this game better graphics yet or is it still microsoft paint tier?
>>
>>1270156
buy his book to find out
>>
>>1270156
>Tynan
>updating graphics
>when he has modders to do it all for free
What do you think, anon?
>>
>>1266163
Pretty sure that's literally the main purpose of cats since they have the lowest nuzzle cooldown.
>>
>>1266163
Dogs haul.
Cats nuzzle a lot and kill random vermin that eats your plants.
>>
I caved and got the base game today. Still learning the ropes but the first colony I had outside of the tutorial all died due to rabid rabbits. I'm looking forward to seeing what else happens as I learn more about the game.
>>
>>1266567
>>1266672
You live and you learn to pause.
Because all it takes is one retard deciding that their bad mood means they can smash all of your medicine or the most important machine in your colony, and you're fucked.
>>
>>1270255
have fun
>>
>>1270255
That'll happen.
You can always draft your colonists and force them to stay inside one building (or make an area inside one building and make them stay inside).
Once you're inside such a building, you can play peekaboo if you have a good marksman and pick them off one at a time: unless they see you go inside the building recently they won't swarm the door.
Even then, they give up after a few seconds, which you can have someone repairing the door during that time.
>>
>>1270064
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2891975564
>>
>>1270798
Fucking amazing, cheers.
>>
Any good mods for adding in more genes?
>>
Is racism in the game now that there are different races?
If not, can you mod it in? As well as enjoying 'cultural enrichment'?
>>
>>1270253
>kill random vermin that eats your plants.
Do they still frequently bleed out after hunting attempts?
>>
Bruhs, I'm thinking of playing RJW
Is it actually erotic or is it just weird and gross
>>
>>1270973
I've only seen a cat bleed after one hunting attempt, and it was because a warg decided to attack the cat.
You do get an 'animal needs treatment' notification nowadays, and you can set up animal medical beds, so it's a lot less problematic than it could have been in the past where the animal had to pass out to be treated.
>>
>Lone Mechanitor start
>can't even name my faction unless I get another recruiter
TYNAN
>>
>>1271030
i haven't used it in a long time, and they say they cleaned it up, but it was a bloated mess for years. You have to take an axe to pretty much all of it in the xmls if you don't whether or not your pawns jack off to dominate your entire playthrough. All of your pawns conversations will be about ethical polygamy and consensual nonconsent, breathplay, all sorts of reddit ridicolous sexuality. I don't think its worthwhile now that pregnancy is base; the only thing it has going for it is rape.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (121 KB, 365x294)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
Actual OP gene right here
>>
>>1230673
No real-time world map with moving caravans, raiders, territories, or battles between the fallen empire and mech hives. That's what I expected when the world map was introduced and I was fucking disappointed to learn it's not really a 2D M&B.
>>
>>1271133
MASHALLAH
>>
>>1271152
It'd be nice if they could set up enemy and neutral/friendly colonies as more than one square, so maps could be purpose generated for missions and stuff.
Like, sneak into this military base, blow up this power station, etc.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
'm trying to get a refund from steam for royalty and ideology. I didn't like them so i played the game with the DLC turned off and they are saying because I played for more than two hours I can't get my money back.
>>
>>1270256
you should just arrest them bro
>>
>>1271304
why wouldn't you pirate before buying
>>
>>1271314
fuck off shitlord, i'm the one whos really paying for you games you mongrel.
>>
>>1271030
its just weird and gross and so are the people who make it and play with it.
>>
>>1228806
I don't understand why Rimworld has become a safe space for pederasts. Fuck off with your degenerate shit, I don't want it in the game I bought and paid for.
>>
>>1271318
Well then, Steam should keep their money.
>>
>>1271318
Your right, your absolutely right, its not the corporations or the devs who pay for piracy, its the consumer. Your not stealing from a multimillion dollar franchise, your stealing from us.
>>
>>1271326
basically every 100 or so games you pirate is a dollar price hike for us. but no, you know, its fine. people will still make games if you stop paying for them.

jackass.
>>
File: 294100_20221127153817_1.png (2.08 MB, 1920x1080)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB PNG
>>1228806
look at this.
>you see this?
>Bison shit.
>Everywhere
>animal 'filth' my butt

no wonder nobody wants my filthy ass bison wool clothing, its covered in god damn bison shit.
>>
>>1271306
I beat them with sticks to assert dominance, and if they die they die.
But if you're AFK with the game unpaused, you can't do anything.
>>
>>1271318
I pirate everything that doesn't have a demo and will buy if it's worth playing
>>
>>1271323
Tranny, homosexual and prostitute backstories have been in game at least since the early beta. Tynan was willing to put whatever into the game as long as people paid him to do it.
If you mean pedophiles, these aren't really a thing outside of 4chan and other dens of degeneracy, if you are talking about homosexuals, tough luck.
>>1271328
*pirates Rimworld ten thousand times*
nothing personal, buypig
>>1271329
That's a lot of crap. Honestly? I would sell or slaughter everything other than the muffalos here or, alternatively, only leave sheep and horses. But I have to admit: your brown wool clothing looks nice.
>>
>>1271341
when people here are nice i sometimes forget that people on 4chan are not really your friends.

I was too comfy this thanksgiving, i let my guard down.

thanks for trying to be civil, anyway.
>>
>>1271341
Why are you so negative
>>
>>1271344
What the fuck are you talking about faggot? We are all frens here.
>>
>>1271335
no i mean just right click and select 'arrest' dummy. unless you want the mood boost from catharsis.
>>
>>1228806
Steam is saying because I played the game with the DLC deactivated for more than 2 hours they can't give me a refund.

This sucks, I have a million games but I can't play the one I want until my help request is processed.
>>
>>1271773
Serves you right
>>
>>1271341
>I would sell or slaughter everything other than the muffalos here or, alternatively, only leave sheep and horses. But I have to admit: your brown wool clothing looks nice.

You should have seen how many fucking animals I had before. I set them to 2 males and 2 females, with 2 male young and 2 female young. Before that I had so many god damn animals shitting up the place that i fed them my smokeleaf harvest to keep them alive.
>>
>>1271776
why you gotta be such a dick?
>>
>>1271778
because you didn't buy the book
>>
>>1267420
They saw it from space.
>>
>>1271805
but it was inside a mountain
>>
>>1271777
Auto-slaughter is useful, but has its limits. AFAIK it slaughters the youngest animals first. This also goes for young animals, so limiting them could mean they don't grow up fast enough to ever become adults, never replacing their parents. Slight annoyance, but irks me every time.
>>
>>1271133
>modded cheat genes
>>
>>1272033
>slaughters the youngest first
doesn't that mean that the oldest will grow up to be adults?
>>
>>1272511
that means the adults will stay adults and all the children will die
>>
>>1271773
YES! Got my money back!
>>
>>1272505
Sorry but I don't think it's very realistic to have a psychotic breakdown, setting everything in your home on fire, because you didn't eat your dinner at a table
>>
>>1272514
you set adults separately from calves.
>>
I think that just means when the calves grow up to be adults they will be slaughtered, and that any calves you can't take care of will be killed when they are born, so the older calves will grow to be adults.
>>
>>1272518
you've obviously never eaten without a table.
>>
Just a reminder that Rimworld is on sale with all its DLC on Steam for 25 dollars.
>>
>>1272607
in what country
>>
>>1272615
Mine.
The US
>>
>>1272723
Oh, I guess it isn't anymore.
>>
>>1272511
Sorry, I meant oldest.
>>
>>1272725
oh, i see, they reduced the cost of the purchase by the things I already bought.

Doy.
>>
>>1229873
vanilla textures expanded unironically cut my fps by half
>>
File: 1586644811555.jpg (109 KB, 792x858)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
I put this game off for too many years. I am loving this shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.