[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 183 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Temujin is a meme.jpg (1.28 MB, 2560x1440)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Why is CK3 late game such a fucking meme? If you know what you're doing your army is going to roll through anything without any problems and you can just do whatever and conquer whatever. Pic related is against the mongols who've managed to reach fucking Tunisia after conquering the Abbasids who had more fucking troops than me.
>>
Because Paradox managed to make a game that is easier than CK2, they clearly focused on making shiny 3D graphics for the characters and nothing else.
>>
>>1200372
>>1200395
>Implying this is CK3 exclusive, and not something to describe all of PDX output since day one
If you have a functional brain, 1/3 of the total game lapse time into it, you will be an unstoppable juggernaut, period. In every single game of theirs. So being surprised that [This Game] has broken late game is fucking retarded newfaggotry.
>>
>>1200372
>Tvrdoslav
( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡• )
>>
>playing CK3 instead of the massively superior CK2
do people really? the snowball once you're an emperor and have vassal kings automatically expanding your borders is still unstoppable though
>>
>>1200457
this, it was literally just as easy to conquer shit in ck2, the difference was ck2 had a lot more mechanics and side content to distract from how easy the wars were, ck3 has very little to offer outside of wars so you end up noticing how fucking boring they are
>>
>>1200457
It takes a different amount of time in different games. In CK3 you are a god almost as soon as you start.
>>
>>1200457
While other Paradox games are also easy, I don't think they have something as broken as abusing your court to get a bunch of gigachad 40 prowess champions for free.
>>
>>1200457
>>1200549
Also congrats, you've captured your opponent's heir two months after the war started, here's your 100%.
>>
>minmaxes a roleplaying game
>gee why am i not having fun
>>
how long until it becomes better than ck2 so i can move on to it?
>>
never because they're killing development just like imperator
>>
>big empires can spawn their entire stack in one spot instantly at the start of the war
>troops regenerate in a month, removing any consequence of expanding too quickly
whoever has bigger numbers always wins in ck3. no room for strategy.
>>
>>1200592
ck2 is a roleplaying game, ck3 isn't, despite what paracucks say
>>
>>1200372
>Kills: 215
What is this, LotR?
>>
>>1200618
Four years minimum.
>>
>>1200526
I swear CK2 was a least kinda difficult before they added all the dlc that just made everything super easy, powercreep and shit
>>
I'm telling you guys now, there's no point in playing anything other then CK2 Historical immersion mod if you want any actual decent medieval gameplay experience. Everything is just so shit in comparison
>>
>>1200675
I like to think each Knight has his own retinue that the game doesn't mention.if you send him in alone there will only be one death though.
>>
>>1200978
No, it was always an incredibly easy game, you were just new and inexperienced to it back then.
>>
I know I'm late to the party but why did Paradox just forget to actually make CK3 into a video game? It's like astounding how many aspects of routine gameplay are just disconnected from anything. Whenever I look them up to see if I'm somehow missing something, the answer is always just "you have to roleplay that".

Like, refusing an alliance call doesn't impact anyone's opinion of or alliance with you, except the actual caller and then only slightly. Steamrolling other vassals' lands doesn't make your liege, or fellow vassals, look at you any differently. The game is constantly bombarding you with attempted lovers who, unless you're a lustful character, you have absolutely no reason to even give the time of day. Committing fucking murder of a fellow lord, or even your *liege* causes... a medium sized negative moodlet. If you're content with your borders, I guess you put the game on x5 speed and click (the same, shockingly repetitive pool of) events twice a year.

I didn't play CK2, so I don't know what that game was like. But CK3 feels like the team went home after finishing the basic game engine and left an intern in charge of development from that point on. And the DLC so far doesn't really make that feel incorrect, the other common sentiment is "CK2 sucked until DLC too" - but the game's been out for *2 years* and in that time they've released Royal Court (which adds almost nothing to the game) and a couple of highly regional flavor packs. What the hell happened here?
>>
>>1200618
Literally never

Paradox will probably abandon it before it’s half as interesting as ck2
>>
>>1201910
Wait are they really making him black in the CK3 mod? Fucking trannies I swear
>>
>>1200372
that's how all paradox games play out by the end game
you are not supposed to steam roll, you are supposed to chill and have fun and i say that as someone who hates ck3
>>
>>1200507
Tbh Ck2 just fucking hates the consumer with how you cannot play 90% of the map without owning all the DLC and everything fun is locked behind DLC so CK3 is a straight upgrade if you don't own any DLC.
>>
So if you have the pope as your head of faith and he calls a crusade but you don't have the crusade religious tenant do you get to join? Related if you DO have the tenant but aren't mainline Catholic are there two separate holy wars or just one big one?
>>
>>1201957
>>1201910
it's not made by the mod team, retard
>>
>>1200978
I got you man, there was a time when keeping an empire together was pretty hard, constant faction revolts, they did something I don't remember what that made it pretty easy to keep it together
>>
What's a fun CK3 start?
>>
>>1200507
emperor tier was a mistake
>have a powerful duke vassal in a faction against?
>no biggie, give a king title to a count and assign the powerful duke under the king-vassal
>now, the vassal-king has to deal with the powerful duke

FYI CK1 did not have empire titles, Holy Roman Empire was represented with kingdom titles of Italy and Germany
Empire titles are just redundant the hierarchy of
>baron being a vassal of a count
>count being a vassal of a duke
>duke being a vassal of a king
>king being a vassal of an emperor
Would have been a rare arrangement if anything.
There weren't many dukes (England didn't have dukes prior to 1377)
And many counts were indistinguishable from dukes i.e. the count of Toulouse or Champagne.

Personally, I think there should only be three tiers, ranks would be:
>paramount (always independent)
>baron (baron was synonymous with tenant-in-chief not lower ranking title)
>lords
>>
how do i get good at succession? within a year of my heir emperor taking over there are atleast three full blown uprisings that steal all my levies and taxes. this is compounded by the partition laws that leave your heir in a much weaker position than you previously were, and for some reason i cant one up this bullshit by granting him any land because he isnt set to inherit anything but the empire and one duchy title, which really doesnt amount to much. meanwhile the few king tier vassals i have can just pass on everything to a single heir
>>
>>1201957
The mod will always be based on the book
>>
>>1200592
Its fucking impossible to have fun roleplaying in this game with the lack of mechanics, childish events and bloated modifiers that you cant avoid. kys.
>>
>>1200372
I've played a ton of CK2 with HIP and I find it a decent game, but I've been getting kinda bored. How easy would it be to get into CK3?
>>
What the fuck is this dissolution faction bullshit? Every single ai kingdom or empire just implodes now in a few years. I swear every time I come back to this game they've just made it worse.
>>
This game has 4 times the playercount of CK2, and 20 times the playercount of Humankind despite this board insisting it's basically from the same pot of shit

It is doing something right and these threads ignoring facts are starting to sound like coping and seething

You can now expect CK4 to double down on everything in 3 since 3 has made all the money Imperator lost
>>
>>1204599
ok so what does it do right
>>
>>1204589
Dissolutions factions even make a lick of sense like all other:
>liberty: want autonomy because their actions are limited
>claimant: want a regime change because they like somebody else more
>seperatist want independence because they are strong enough to defend themselves
Dissolution faction wants to disband the realm, because???
>>
>>1204841
It removed "political concerns"-opinion modifier which ruined CK2.
FYI: in CK2 you can't arrange marriages with neighboring rulers, because the "political concerns" modifier gives them -100 reasons to agree, which cannot be offsetted
So, instead of two neighboring ruler marrying and eventually inheriting each like (like what constantly happened in Spain), you have kings of Portugal marrying Irish earls and then inheriting random counties in Ireland.

I cannot understand their genius thinking process with "political concerns" addition.
>>
>>1202530
count of innsbruck 1066
just have a chill vassal game under the duke of bavaria
>>
>>1204599
>popular == good
Are you 12?
>>
File: 1404076102219.gif (1.81 MB, 200x293)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB GIF
so vassals can use a minor hook to put themselves on the council for 25 years (lol) and change feudal contracts but I cant use a hook to counter that or change it back?

lol
lmao
>>
>>1205176
In the case of vidya it's unironically true. All a game needs to do to be good is be fun.

But that's not my point, my point was how can you celebrate CK3's """failure""" when it's clearly one of the few games holding up Paradox right now?

YOU can affect what games they make next and instead you're sitting here pretending it's failing. If the next CK has even more of what you hate it is on YOU.
>>
>>1204841
I don't know. But games that do it all wrong don't sell and CK3 is selling well enough to save those swedefags' asses
>>
>>1206051
You can use hooks to change feudal contracts. It's probably just on cooldown from when they swapped it.

Also I think that you can still swap them within the council, just can't take them off of it completely, just put em somewhere useless like the diplo counsellor.
>>
im in a defensive war and the attacker is getting a rapidly ticking war target score bonus. the fuck? its a fucking landless viking, where am i supposed to siege?
>>
>>1206109
you need to hold the war goal
>>
>>1206146
i did, presumably it was the duchy that the viking intended to conquer. anyways it ended up ticking to 80% war score before suddenly going away. bug i guess
>>
File: 1640648770981.webm (2.86 MB, 640x360)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
There's nothing to do in the game. I literally started a Scotland game as Dunkeld and my main rival in the game doesn't do anything. He's the Duke of Moray and is basically the main pretender to the crown but he doesn't rebel or start a faction against me. Do something cunt. It's boring af.
>>
achievement question. So this achievement came with the Royal Court dlc, can I get the achievement without the dlc? The achievement doesn't rely on any dlc mechanics

Also, fuck all paradox dlcs and the drones that buy them. I pirated their Iberia dlc and it made playing in Ibera far worse. And $20 for their royal court dlc? Give me a fucking break
>>
>>1208111
what movie?
>>
File: brainlet supreme.jpg (49 KB, 922x788)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>1208494
>Also, fuck all paradox dlcs and the drones that buy them
>He said while still buying the game and collecting chivoss
>>
>>1208500
I’ll pay for a game (during a sale) but not for the nickle and dime dlc bullshit. What is not reasonable about that?
>>
>>1208497
Sharpe, tv show.
>>
>>1200372
Anyone got a modlist for a more immersive rp focused game
>>
File: 20200317.post262914.jpg (166 KB, 640x425)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>1200372
Why do the devs insist on the Mongol spawn event (I know you can turn it off but it disables achievements) and giving them billion monthly reinforcements?
It suggests that the devs think the Mongol invasion was inevitable, while other conquers like Seljuks, weren't Also, Mongols never relied on their numbers, rather than the quality of the horse-archers.

Gameplaywise, why is this necessary? In theory, Mongols could rise even without any special event.
I guess they want an end-game villain, but this just lazy shit
>>
>>1200395
Making a game difficult doesn't require focus
It's a deliberate choice.
>>
>>1209355
The thing is that the mongols arrive so late in the game that by that point, even in the 1066 start, you're already such a massive empire if you're putting even the mildest effort into conquering that they are a joke to beat.
Anyways, if it bothers you that much just disable them, who the fuck cares about achievements? And even if you did care I doubt you couldn't get most if not all of them before they spawn
>>
>>1209889
>you're already such a massive empire if you're putting even the mildest effort into conquering that they are a joke to beat.
What if I don't want to blob because I get tired and intentionally balkanize my realm?

>it bothers you that much just disable them
Irrelevant, so I don't care if you can turn it off. As a brain exercise, I enjoy discussing why certain mechanics were implemented, and what are alternative solutions. Hence why when I asked "Why do the devs insist on the Mongol spawn event" it was a legit question and not a rhetoric complaint.
>>
>>1202699
>>Personally, I think there should only be three tiers
Only works if multi liege is implemented. That way a king can be vassal to another on some territories (like the King of England being vassal to the king of France.
>>
>>1204579
Pretty easily, but it just still is kinda barren game once you got the hang of it. It feels like the bonkers whacky stuff that makes the world more interesting by causing unexpected AI megarealms and their sudden breakdowns doesn't happen remotely as much in it.
>>
>>1202699
What would be a historically accurate way of handing out a duchy title? In France, for instance, there was a mix of duchies and counties, so when it came down to it, what was the actual difference between the rank of, say, Duke of Aquitaine and the County of Nevers or Provence? Why not bestow upon them the title of Duke? If, say, a duke was named, would the counts around him be legally placed under him? I know these titles stem from the late Roman system of Ducii and Comes, but back then the titles weren't meant to interface with one another. A Comes lead field armies, while a Dux was in charge of a military frontier. How did one come to supersede the other?
>>
>>1204599
Way more people play HOI4 than Darkest Hour. Doesn't mean that HOI4 is not shit.
>>
>>1213501
I don't think there is a "correct" way yo handle it with any game mechanics, because de facto the aristocratic hierarchies were always subject to arbitrary whims of monarchs who usually prioritized loyalty before legalism and made plenty of temporary laws and decrees that applied only to powers and privileges individual people overriding common laws and traditions.
>>
>hold court
>get 3 events that are an overall negative for your realm
>never click hold court again in your play through
cool dlc
>>
>>1213501
>what was the actual difference between the rank of, say, Duke of Aquitaine and the County of Nevers or Provence?
Dignity, the same difference as being a monarch with the title of a king and sovereign count (see County of Edessa).

>would the counts around him be legally placed under him?
That is legally speaking a county palatinate, and no, in France would apply only to counties. Being promoted duke wouldn't extend your jurisdiction.

>How did one come to supersede the other?
Germanics didn't understand anything about Romans, so random shit was bound to happen.
>>
File: ck3.jpg (761 KB, 1920x1080)
761 KB
761 KB JPG
how the fuck do i get this tiny bullshit island? they reinforce their levies with 5000 holy order troops and that is enough to make the island completely impregnable
>just drop 30k troops there
nope, the disembark penalty onto a castle is so massive that you suffer a complete stackwipe
>do the steward thing where you convince them to join
nope, despite being surrounded on all sides by my baltic empire, its not technically bordering me
>offer vassalization
nope, same problem, the game thinks they are too far from my realm
>just wait out their supply
the ticking warscore hits 100 long before attrition does anything

you can see here in pic related one of my idiot vassals is trying to invade only to realize their folly
>>
>>1200618
read one of the latest dev diaries, they slowing down development, it will probably get imperator'd next year
>>
>>1214064
based misinformation poster
>>
>>1204844
>Dissolution faction wants to disband the realm, because???
Because they're based
>>
>>1214118
you could do an 867 start on fucking iceland and still have enough men at arms to solo the mongols
>>
my guy with 54 prowess just lost a duel to some shitter with 11 prowess in like 4 turns

its fucking over
>>
>>1200372
>Playing as a fagan
nigger
>>
File: hell.png (244 KB, 800x1200)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
who the hell even comes to this board
>>
>>1214064
retard, they're planning for another update by the end of this year and four more next year
>>
>>1214746
me, its really the only place to talk about strategy games since /gsg/ is unusable and should be autodeleted
>>
>>1200592
>roleplaying
>ck3
lol nice joke paranigger
>>
>>1204599
pretty sure there are mobile games more popular than that, you should play them they must be good
>>
>>1214035
Get your allies to weather them, go in once you're sure of your victory.
>>
>>1214035
Alternatively have your troops on the island before declaring war, could do that in ck2 with bot retinues and mercs.

Should absolve you of disembark penalty.
>>
>>1217130
I tried to roleplay, quickly found it impossible because the game is shit, e.g.
>your nephew is overthrown by a vassal and executed by the usurper, you are a tyrant if you try arrest them for it, because it isn't a crime for some reason
>your wife will always cheat on you even if you have +100 opinion unless you are soul mates, and if you become soul mates after they have already started an affair, they just continue the affair
>>
>>1202699
>king being a vassal of an emperor
Would have been a rare arrangement if anything.
except Kingdom of Burgundy (or how it was called Kingdom of Arles at that time) were vassals of the Holy Roman Emperor. Duchy of Bohemia was also raised to the rank of kingdom in 1198.
How do you imagine it work without Emperor titles?
>And many counts were indistinguishable from dukes
you can have that kind of situation in CK2/CK3 as well. Very easily in fact. But the thing is that the system is fundamentally broken and the AI will almost always be disgruntled if you don't respect the de jure map. So it almost always defaults to you handing over lower tiers to the higher tires within the same dejure region.
CK3 made it even worse in my opinion since in CK2 there had been some advantages to strip your certain vassals off their de jure vassals, CK3 has almost no drawbacks and all the benefits of you consolidating all your vassals in accordance to the de jure map.
>>
>>1217546
>>1202699
>There weren't many dukes (England didn't have dukes prior to 1377)
I would also add this, the system that exists in Crusader Kings is far from perfect but it's also probably the best way to roughly represent feudal relations that had existed in the Medieval Europe.
Similar to your example places like Kingdom of Poland was a patrimony and were essentially run by the king or his family members directly or through tribal structures of the old. Only after 1138 a true feudal partition has started.
Same thing with the pre-Arab Spain under the Visigoth rule (although it's a bit beyond the game's time period scope) and you could probably find many more examples of this.
How would you represent this in the game?
>>
Why the FUCK do I get that missing configuration file error about once every few days when playing this fucking game.
>>
>>1217546
I said rare, not unheard of.
>How do you imagine it work without Emperor titles?
I'll reprise that as "How would you depict HRE without emperor tier?"

As I said previously kings should be able to have kings as their vassals, with this kingdom of Germany and Holy Roman Empire should be the same title and have the kingdom of Bohemia as their vassal.
The only difference would be the lack of de jure Holy Roman Empire, which would have little to no impact.

>you can have that kind of situation in CK2/CK3 as well.
No, dukes get billion modifiers and decisions, while count get fuck all.

>>1217621
>How would you represent this in the game?

I assume you are talking about centralization. It is indeed retarded how the game allows rulers to hold multiple domains, and then arbitrarily punished players for having more than 5.
In-game, everything is either port of your domain, or it belongs your vassal, however, I would argue that would function better if every country (which isn't a capital) should have an appointed castellan running it, similar to how the barons run baronies.
And the castellan's opinion and stewardship should determine how much stuff you get from a county. The difference between castellans and vassal should be following:
1) castellans cannot join factions or begin wars
2) castellans are locked country level and can only hold one county
3) castellan can replace or revoked without penalties
4) if castellan inherit a real title, they auto-abdicate their castellan title
5) if your crown authority drops to level 0, all castellan become counts and turn into regular vassals (representing Carolingian fragmentation)
>>
>>1217945
>The only difference would be the lack of de jure Holy Roman Empire, which would have little to no impact.
heh, this is what you think. But the truth is that the AI is gonna gimp a civil war or two and lose bohemia by the end of the first half century and never retake it.
>>
>>1217970
Not if you give them an in-universe reason to stay.
Historically HRE survived as long as it did, not because emperors kept it, but because it was beneficial for its subjects. It was like a confederation.
In-game there is no reason, you just pay taxes, to the emperor, which wasn't something they regularly did.
>>
>>1217992
except when Bohemia wasn't a part of HRE yet it was almost gobbled by Poland or Hungary.
Also HRE wasn't always a "confederacy" as you put it. At the time period that Crusader Kings mostly covers Emperor was fairly powerful, there is no chance they would let Bohemia just go.
>>
>>1218003
HRE was always destined to either become a confederacy or collapse into smaller kingdom
>>
>>1218003
>except when Bohemia wasn't a part of HRE yet it was almost gobbled by Poland or Hungary.
what part you are disagreeing in than?

>Also HRE wasn't always a "confederacy" as you put it
Granted, the confederacy implies it only acts in defense, at the same, it was never centralized to the extent that France was under Philip Augustus, and even that wasn't very centralized.

It was these Germanic people trying to dominate other Germanic people, first, it was the Saxons who created the Empire with Otto, then it was the Franconian Salian jobbers, and then the embarrassing Swabians.
>>
>conquer all of hispania
>noooo you can’t create the empire of hispania because of le struggle mechanic
Why do all their dlcs make the game worse, at least ck2 dlcs added useful content
>>
>>1206091
So to affect Paradox to not make games like CK3 I should... buy CK3? Makes no sense.
>>
>>1213585
I do it so I have some problems in my stable realm
>>
>>1213585
Unironically the reason why noblemen started granting autonomy to their cities, so they could focus on warfaring and dynasty instead of having to become a professional judge
>>
>>1217485
you forgot the part where people that are imprisoned elsewhere show up to your feast and how distance doesn't seem to matter during certain events
besides, the traits are completely fucking useless
>be a king
>give your titleless knight lands and make him a duke
>he will still try to usurp your son when you die even though his traits are noble and not even evil
it's so retarded, these stupid swedish niggers can't think of any way to balance their shitty game so everything revolves around fake succession drama and warfare
they not only suck at making games, but they also suck at fucking history
the idea that people willy nilly started wars to dethrone their king is one of the most absurd things ever
>>
>>1218716
There is also no dynamism to anything, like only the martial stats matter when commanding armies. You'd think 30 martial lowborn who is always leading your armies, would demand some reward for his efforts, but nope, he will just keep going at it.
Many noble families got started with a lowborn general who showed they can command, and were thus rewarded with a fief, in order to keep them on payroll.
>>
>>1218747
I always give them land for RP services, but yeah this shit should be baked in the game.
>>
>>1218764
well exactly it's ridiculous how it isn't
and also this entire game revolves around family yet somehow your family members have no life of their own, they never complain
hey my 16 yo daughter how would you like to marry this 72 yo guy with 14 kids and 22 grandkids
>yeah sure dad i love it!!!
and look i get that these things happened historically, but it wasn't all that common, and you can be sure your daughter would fucking despise you
but in ck3 there's literally no downside to minmaxing in marriages, it's also hilarious how the AI will never avoid inbreeding so that instead of becoming some glorious state as many did in real life they just break apart under the weight of all the inbreeding which for whatever reason is immediate in ck3
this is just such a bad fucking game
>start new game
>take over empire tier territory
>genetically enhance all your family into being demigods
>nothing to do for the next 400 years but speed up the game
most insulting part is that they have the audacity to pretend this is about roleplaying
my life's greatest wish is that somebody made a game to blow the fuck out of these paracucks so i never have to read another hostile, pathetic, passive-aggressive dev blog ever again
what the FUCK is wrong with devs from sweden? it's incredible how RIDICULOUSLY lazy they are, same thing with valheim
do these faggots literally work 1hr a day over there?
>>
>>1218781
i need to continue my rant, but really, what the fuck? i swear to god the only other company i've seen that's more incompetent than paradox is chris robert's shitty star citizen team where the smallest feat of engineering that was possible over two decades ago is talked about like some gigantic technological leap
>wow we can finally track the amount of kills on our UI guys!!!
>someday we might be able to have servers that can hold up to 100+ people!!!
real paradox energy with chris roberts, and the dicksuckers in the community doing apologia are just as bad
>>
>>1218781
>hey my 16 yo daughter how would you like to marry this 72 yo guy with 14 kids and 22 grandkids
It wasn't just daughters who complained, many crown princes had a permanent falling out with their fathers because they forced them to marry a princess they disliked.
Similarly, sons don't even demand anything, historically many sons kept demanding more and more land, and when they were denied they tried to depose their father. Adult sons should cause havock.
>>
what did they do to the mongols that they fucking suck ass now?
>>
>>1218918
yeah, but for some reason they've decided not to give your family members any autonomy yet to make every vassal act like some demented power-hungry lunatic
even your relationship with your wife is just so boring
>marry the daughter of your vassal
>you gain all the benefits since that makes an alliance but he never asks anything from you
in reality, you should be getting 10 pop ups a day from your retarded in-laws if real life is anything to go by
make sure to marry an orphan irl kids
>>
>>1218918
>Adult sons should cause havock.
Your son has no reason to stay at the court and will soon leave.
>>
>>1218781
>force my daughter to marry her 65 year old uncle as his 3rd wife
>force my other daughter to marry some ugly lowborn mongol who happens to be pretty strong
>all sons except for the youngest are disinherited and sent to die in the killing fields
>end up most the beloved ruler of all time
At least disinheriting gives a negative opinion penalty, but I've had my son actually try and do something about it once in all my hours of playing.
>>
>>1217485
>your wife will always cheat on you even if you have +100 opinion
Paradox is just emulating real life retard, how does this stop your roleplaying?
>>
>>1200978
>>1202153
Conclave made it way easier to make your council happy and hold your empire together
>>
File: 1619088667589.jpg (14 KB, 228x221)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>1202051
>she doesn't know about creamapi
>>
File: 1547593893187.png (594 KB, 701x520)
594 KB
594 KB PNG
>>1200372
I can't enjoy CuckKangz3, it just isn't fun, there's nothing happening, can't roleplay and I just end up going full eugenics and jerking off to the sims-like portraits.
I unironically still play CK2 and I'm trying to get all the achievements.
>>
>>1200457
/thread
>>
i got into a house feud with my own dynasty and now its just fucking crazy with murder attempts. it keeps saying to check the current situation but there is nothing in there or anywhere in the game telling me im even in a feud, i wouldnt know except i keep getting rivals as a result of it

i hate this game and its half baked mechanics
>>
>>1221905
I just hate it. Old good, new bad, but unironically.
>>
>>1200372
Fucking hate the lazy meme obsessed Swedish devs but I fucking hate the retarded community for this game even more.
>muh incest lel
>devs! devs! add China and give flavor to fucking Nepal of all places
>add flavor to lichesnteisn flewdumbergh pls!
>devs! devs! pls expand to South Africa despite it being absolutely pointless and a waste of prioritization
>devs! devs! focus on adding more icons to this feature despite there already being a mod that accomplishes this
The community is retarded in the fact that they constantly point Paradox in the wrong direction by asking for the most pointless shit and then proceeding to suck off the devs for doing le funny epic meme. Obviously this isn't everybody, but there is a clear split between those who want Medieval Sims and those who want more realism through better mechanics.
>>
any reason to hold or create more than one empire title? i want to for arr pee reasons but i see the wonderful partition system absolutely fucks you for doing that
>>
>>1214035
Do it once. Get force peaced out, before they disband their armies trucebreak to remain at war and let them finish starving to death
>>
>>1222729
China certainly needs to be in, and Tibet having more flavor is not a bad thing, so I don't see what's supposed to be your point here.
>>
>>1222990
by that point you should be able to have absolute crown authority to designate an heir and enough renown to disinherit anyone whos a problem, or just hybridize with irish/gaelic to go tanistry on your main titles
>>
>>1202131
>implying paracuck isn't full of troons
>>
>year of our lord 2022
>hordes are still mechanically identically to tribals
I just want to raid bros.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4xZUr0BEfE
>>
>>1223251
i feel like they should fix the many broken or half assed mechanics instead of adding regions which have no significance to the era
>>
>>1223251
>China certainly needs to be in
>crusader kings
Chudsister, are you okay?
>>
>>1222729
Because CK2 never had 'le gay horse pope is my lover' memes.
>>
>>1223437
>the most advanced and populous part of the world during the setting is le BORING XD
>>
>>1223841
historical relevance of new region doesn't matter when game does not represent relevance of regions which are already in game
>>
>>1223841
China and India add nothing of value to the setting.
>>
>>1200372
CK3 is aids. CK2 with all DLC is infinitely superior to that shit. All the 3D titties in the world can’t make up for how much that game blows.
>>
>>1223437
There's not a single reason to choose any Christian ruler anyway, unless you want to make your game even more boring than it already is.
>>
>>1223251
The point shill, is that asking those dipshit Swedes to focus on implementing China is pointless considering how many regions in the game are lacking rn, ffs there's already mods that add doghell to the map.
>Tibet having more flavor is not a bad thing
Yes, yes, lets give a buttfuck region thats surrounded by other buttfuck regions, as well as holds no real significance, flavor before the Middle East or hell even the British Isles.
>Well then add flavor to Tibet later in the games lifetime
Kek. Look at how long it takes them to pump out a worthwhile update it'll take them years to give flavor to all the significant regions, introduce mechanics etc. and Tibet has no right at being anywhere near the top. Kys.
>>
>>1223959
Middle East obviously holds priority over Tibet, but Tibet is also one of the most important regions of the world at the time, and is certainly many times more relevant than the shithole Europe was in the Middle Ages.
>>
>>1223966
>Tibet is also one of the most important regions of the world at the time
Sure it was Champa.
>>
>>1223885
>crusader kings
>not a single reason to choose any Christian ruler
>a person who participated in any of the military expeditions undertaken by Christian powers in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries to win the Holy Land from the Muslims
Chuddy, are you okay?
>>
>>1224321
And what do you get from the gameplay standpoint for choosing those characters. As a pagan ruler, you at least have some early game goals like conquering your centers of faith, reforming your religion, going feudal without destroying your economy, and that keeps you entertained for 3 or 4 generations. What interesting features and goals do Christian rulers have?
>>
someone please for the love of God explain the % chance of success to me. ive had so many 95% schemes fail i just cant believe its not bugged or something. ive been trying to murder one guy for about 10 years and every time it fails at 95%, the odds are impossibly low of this happening
>>
File: 1643152070402.gif (701 KB, 240x122)
701 KB
701 KB GIF
>>1223966
Fucking nobody gives two shits about Tibet apart from you
>>
Diaries when?
>>
>>1200372
>Tvrdoslav
>>
>>1200395
World conquest in CK2 was even easier.
>>
>>1223966
Go play Tibetan Kings III or something then faggot
Crusader Kings should be focused only on Europe and Middle East, anything bellow sahara or east of armenia is bloat and badly implemented since there wasnt even feudalism there
>>
>>1224766
95% chance means there's 1/20 chance that you will fail.
>>
I never got into CKII because the game felt too centered around random events. I got into CKIII more but have ran into this problem as well where once you get to an imperial title there doesn't seem much at all to do.
>>
>>1223851
Not him but seeing India and parts of Tibet/Africa in the game is pretty cool but hes retarded in thinking that Europe and the middle east shouldn't get all the attention
>>
Sinews of War just updated, what do you think of it?
Also, separate question, but the late game is boring and I lose interest after creating an empire title, how do you get around that? Do you think Paradox is going to do anything to fix that?
>>
>>1225631
>but the late game is boring and I lose interest after creating an empire title, how do you get around that?
map paint.
>>
>>1225210
Getting to Empire status *is* sort of the final goal. Which is why I always start as a count, to prolong the early game.
>>
>>1200372
I've always been of the opinion ck3 needs a hoi4 lite version of warfare, obviously converted for medieval times. Supply line update would translate well here, as supplies from your major cities is even more important. Instead of creating armies and officers, you would have your royal court knights and barons leading various groups of men at arms and levies. A nice simplication for the officer system, but now you have to choose competence in battle vs loyalty to you or ensuring the house stays sufficiently weaker than you. These barons under you could win fame and reputation doing well in warfare under you and justify ambitions for your title or independence. It would add a layer of intrigue not present in the game currently AND make war meaningful and challenging instead just levy ball across the continent. And you could even allow general rules for man at arms composition like favoring heavy infantry or horseman or skirmishers for armies you have direct control over. Lots of neat ideas that could add the necessary complexity without making it tedious all while creating a satisfying warfare system. Ck3 feels like half of a game without it.
>>
What's the experience like with these mods that supposedly make the game harder/more hardcore? Is it an unbalanced mess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj9nbvla1Mg
>>
i don't want to become king or emperor, i just want to have fun in medieval world as count, but this game have nothing to do
>>
>>1225636
Map painting isn't fun because you have to declare war on counts and give yourself arthritis messing with your gathering points. And there's no point since it's impossible to culture blob, or seeing your capital province becoming an empires metropolis.
>>
>>1225811
The game is tedious. Events are tedious. The Royal Court is tedious. War is tedious. Marriage is tedious. Appointing court positions are tedious. CK2 didn't feel like this. Turns out when you streamline everything to make sense to normies you streamline the actual game away.
>>
>>1225652
Those are some good ideas, I agree that at the very least a rework to the supply system is needed for the game but the devs have confirmed in one of their more recent dev diaries that warfare isn't a priority for the future so fucking rip and I don't know if a there will ever be a mod capable of pulling off an overhaul on a grand scale
>>1225765
Don't know about those but More Interactive Vassals makes the game somewhat harder you could check that out
>>1225631
>He still uses Sinews of War instead of DTR
ngmi
>>
>>1225861
>culture blob
Communal Identity + Mendicant Preachers
>>
>>1226133
There is nothing in the code to make AI rulers propagate culture even with those tenants.
>>
>>1225861
>Map painting isn't fun because you have to declare war on counts
>hit find claimant button
>wait for the kingdom claims to come
>annex whole kingdoms in a single campaign
>>
The game doesn't have that much content, I thought about playing it recently and took into consideration every top mod out there and still there would be no content, I wish it had a peace system similar to EU4 desu but the mod that did it was discontinued
>>
>>1208502
if you have it on steam there's literally no reason to not use creamapi
>>
The map icons showing characters are a million times more interesting in CK2 vs CK3. In CK2 they're 3D and feel a lot more ornate
>>
>>1226120
>>He still uses Sinews of War instead of DTR
What's the difference?
>>
>>1200457
this
>>
>>1226120
Confirmed warfare isn't a priority? Man, they really just want CK3 to be medieval Sims map painter. What a disappointment.
>>
You are all doing it wrong!
Early game:
>get to a Kingdom title
Midgame:
>expand your kingdom into an Empire
Late Game:
>see how much you can fuck that empire up by playing insane deformed illegitimate rapists obsessed with heresies, witchcraft and petty grudges

People thing that court and kingdom management becoming tedious by late game is a bug. They only think so because they keep trying to maximize money/piety/prestige/army/skills/relationship gain even in late game, while the ACTUAL goal of late game is to diminish those as much as you can. You already have huge passive gains of everything from being an empire - you have to start working on how to burn through those in the most efficient manner possible.

Squander your money! Imprison your vassals! Give their lands to useless idiots! Butcher the borders! Declare pointless wars and send everyone you don't like to die of attrition in the boonies! Execute their remaining families! Beat your children if they are not angry, selfish and paranoid, and if they still somehow turn up decent - disinherit them and send them to die in a pointless war! Find that one honorable guy who still tires to do a good job on your council, start a scheme to seduce his wife and hook him into supporting it. Get incompetent Councillors to do stupid tasks that are likely to waste money, nurture corruption and promote crime and violence. The Dread mechanic is created explicitly for the goal of allowing you to still keep playing as you fuck everything up. Lose a Faction uprising, declare another war and then drown them in corpses so your heir inherits the worst state for everyone that could be achieved in your lifetime. Then do it all over again!

Stop being a cuck slave to le good numbers going up and start playing like an actual medieval ruler for once!
>>
>>1225631
force the empire fall apart

or character switch to someone else and form a kingdom again or whatever or usurp the empire you just made

then maybe when your old empire falls apart character switch back to some count of your old dynasty and restore your birthright
>>
>>1200372
install the stable kingdoms mod (or whatever it's called). It makes the AI keep un in numbers with your kingdom and at least it's competitive.
>>
>heir is honest, just, compassionate
>critical amounts of stress from a single execution or murder plot, 80 from imprisonment
>almost every event gives one or two hits of stress because they are generally negative
feels like good traits are pretty shit in this game overall. you can be compassionate and just and still order the execution of a peasant leader who was trying to overthrow your kingdom without suffering a complete mental breakdown

fucking hell
>>
>>1229637
Way too many "good" traits give stress for executions. Just does too which is fucking stupid. Why is it not Just to execute criminals in my society where criminals were regularly executed? Why is it not Just to sacrifice prisoners in my society where it is the right of the gods to demand human sacrifice? It feels like their 21st century Swedish idea of what is just is bleeding through and it makes no fucking sense.
>>
feels like there is no benefit to actually organizing your realm into proper duchies with proper lieges. i just spent an hour doing it and all it did was create a million wars of tyranny and lower my income and military power. the supposed benefit is a more stable realm but i think i made things dramatically worse since moving vassals around is apparently tyrannical even though the kings and queens ended up with more vassals in the end.
>>
>>1229678
furthermore, what is going on with dukes revoking titles and then attempting to imprison their vassals? this has to be a bug
>>
>>1229680
They're plotting to revoke shit they want for themselves or are weakening their vassals with many counties.
>>
>>1229642
>It feels like their 21st century Swedish idea of what is just is bleeding through
My chud alarm just went off and I opened the thread, have sex.
>>
Why do people keep insisting that CK3 will be better than CK2 once it gets the proper support? Even with support, it will still be a shallower and overly streamlined game compared to CK2 with how it is designed, regardless of the amount of "content" in it.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (277 KB, 1706x761)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>1231886
>bro by 2026 this will be the best game ever made i can't wait!
>>
>>1204599
Objectively it is better yes. More engaging and more fun to the video game audience. Before CK3 was EU4 which is still to this day pretty mind numbing even after a decade of DLC. These new games are better but don't quench my autism so I can't play them. IMO the real improvements are that the they take a core gameplay component of the prior game and develop it further and actually make it more fun. Like army dev in HOI and gov in EU
>>
>>1231886
This argument is just pathetic and embarrassing. Compare the DLC that came out for CK2 to the DLC CK3 got in the same amount of time. It's just retarded. Paradox really dropped the ball on their shitty DLC policy, even though CK2 was the first ever game to implement it.
>>
>>1232162
ck3 is the most soulless thing imaginable, its not "objectively better" because retards play it
>>
>>1200372
it boggles my mind how a random porn game on Steam manages to be far more difficult and challenging than the so called "Grand strategy" games of Paradox
>>
>>1200372
Thats every paradox game due to AI being brain dead.
It's the main reason playing till the end date is one of the rarest achievments.
>>
File: 3456.jpg (354 KB, 700x459)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>1234509
it isn't a grand strategy, but a roleplay simulator, it might worth discussing if should be banned from this board altogether
>>
File: file.png (442 KB, 737x623)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
How do I maximize the bonus from Republican Legacy? Currently made as many republican counts as possible, then put them under a feudal duke, who will be my direct vassals with extortionate taxes in scutage. Is this efficient?

Also is it worth giving Rome back to the Pope? I'm planning on putting them on either Malta or Ravenna instead. Rome is just too good a county to give up.
>>
>>1234509
Because it is a very tight-knit series of mechanics that balance against eachother with a time and action limit that makes every decision critical instead of multiple isolated currencies that can be exchanged for one another without any time pressure
>>
File: file.png (2.82 MB, 1920x1080)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB PNG
wtf why can't Euros do this when it's a crusade
why is everyone suddenly working together when it's a jihad
>>
anyone familiar with modding leases
i'm trying to affect how many levies a realm priest donates to their liege
I just need to find the name of the modifier, as it doesn't appear to be affected by vassal_levy_contribution_mult
>>
I get the fucking storm event every time I get on a ship in dynamic trade routes. Is there anyway to mitigate this? Am I doing something wrong? My character spent like 80% of his life severely wounded, all from this one fucking event. I tried save scumming one time I got it and no matter which option I chose I still got Severly Wounded. It was 7 times in a row so I gave up. Never once have I received a positive end to it and it fires every time I embark.
>>
>>1217945
I really really like your castellan idea
>>
>>1200395
Not at all. CK2 is genuinely very easy once you know all the tools you have at your disposal. Playing seriously, you should never have a civil war or claimant invasion.
>>
>>1237179
Might be down to poor martial stat or maybe you're missing a trait
>>
File: file.png (2.84 MB, 1920x1080)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
wtf is this game
>>
File: file.png (2.68 MB, 1920x1080)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
I can vassalize him lmao
wtf happened? this count just got thirty duchies all at once
>>
File: file.png (2.72 MB, 1920x1080)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB PNG
Thank you, Paradox.
I'm going to assassinate him and inherit everything now.
>>
>>1209355
The mongols are retardedly easy. I wish they would buff the shit out of them.
>>
>>1223251
India shouldn’t even be in it let alone China. It seems cool until you realise that you are just playing the feudal system but in India where it makes no sense at all.
>>
>>1235214
It actually makes perfect sense. Of course more rulers will think it’s vital to stop Muslim invasions of Christendom. Offensive crusades were joined because the participants wanted glory and to have their sins resolved. The smart ones stayed at home and made money.
>>
>>1242231
Knights Templar were ludicrously wealthy, especially in France due to all the donations.
>>
>>1242133
>>1242134
>>1242140
goddam swedes
>>
>>1217945
I would still let Castellan's join wars and I'd let them start a plot to be recognized as the legal owner of the territory (I assume there would also be an interaction for the liege to legitimize their ownership).
The main issue with it is that it's just too broken. A player can pretty easily consolidate control of a whole kingdom title and then turn it into castellans within a character's lifetime. You could probably do multiple if you really tried and were unconcerned with tyranny (since your only vassals are castellans).
There are so many extra reasons to get rid of the feudal lords. No factions, no out-of-realm inheritance, direct taxation/levies on more vassals more easily, and a "reserve" of titles to revoke and hand out at any time? That's very, very good.
You'd have to rework the game a bit to incentivize keeping feudal lords around in your realm, like perhaps only feudal lords can serve on the council and good councilors are made more necessary (think California in AtE). Then you would need a large pool of landed lords.
The GoT mod has a similar thing with "military orders" that you can appoint and revoke at any time, usually for cities or forts - like King's Landing's gold cloaks. They are pretty great because you can land anyone at any time and revoke it at any time. If your entire realm was like that, it would be insanely powerful.
>>
>>1200372
New vision, wider audience, simple but '''''deep'''''' mechanics, reddit, small indie company, you must undestand.... etc. etc.
>>
File: old civil war system.png (1.54 MB, 1438x807)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>1200978
being the target of a jihad was no joke. I remember my first roman empire game I had to fight 3 of them, all nail-biting wars, before I finally eliminated enough of the muslim kingdoms to remove the threat.
>>1202153
it used to be each guy in the faction revolted on his own instead of just being under one revolt tag/banner. They would usually outnumber you more often then not, and were much harder to deal with then the current system.
>>
File: file.png (493 KB, 754x590)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
Is this the correct way to play with Republican Legacy?
>>
>>1200637
that's not true
i've defeated 50k stacks with less than half the number
>>
>>1248019
in mountains? right? that is the best you can do
>>
>>1248196
just plains
some good traits and decent military helps
but it's mainly your buildings, maa and knights really
i don't use the levies at all most of the time
>>
>>1242073
And CK3 isn't very easy?
>>
after 50 awful hours playing victoria 3 im actually relieved to go back and play ck3. the difference in polish is just astounding, and i say that as someone who spent the last year complaining about this game
>>
New CK3 runs like shit for me, I have an older version downloaded that goes super fast on max speed but the latest version is slow as fuck
Anyone else had this problem?
>>
>play ck3 from 1066
>become unstoppable by ~1050
>play eu4 from 1444
>become unstoppable by 1500
>play vicky 3 from 1836
>become unstoppable by 1860
>play hoi4 from 1936
>become unstoppable by 1939
Why are they like this?
>>
>>1200372
R8 my transfer from imp
>>
Any mods that actually make the game harder? And not stuff that gives bonuses to the AI or maluses to the player please.

>>1249469
Because they don't expect you to start with big nations if you want a challenge
>>
Because CK3 is for role-playing, OP.

Nevermind the fact that it doesn't have many events
Or that it has little to no flavor for regions outside of Iberia or Scandinavia
Or that it didn't add Papal elections which is pretty important for the medieval period
Or that it didn't even bother to flesh out the governments of the major players during this time period: the Byzantine empire and the Mongols

They didn't bother developing other aspects of the game because It's focused on role-play!
>>
>>1250303
For me, it is that the death of a vassal doesn't cause an event, where the liege has to react, or that the vassal has to make the choice of fearing a fealty to you or denying it (possibly giving you a just reason revoke their fief), nope, it is not big deal your vassal died.

I wonder what the fuck people mean whey say this game is about roleplaying. What part is roleplay? The fart events? The shitty memes? The eternal cuckdory?
>>
Reminder that we're getting abother royal court style meme DLC even though the devs want to start working on republics, the nomads, and the byzantines bwcause who ever was in charge of CK3 ordered them to make it more like the sims and now they already have half the work done for the expansion and can't cancel it now
>>
>>1250320
>bwcause who ever was in charge of CK3 ordered them to make it more like the sims
It was me.
Our new target audience are liberal women in their twenties.
Which is why upcoming additions include:
>animal portraits (women like cute things), that you can pet
>sex-change operation (because liberal love LGBT things)
>menstruating mechanic (because women like to have their bleeding acknowledged), tampons will be depicted artifact
>alongside six attributes (stewardship, matrial, etc.) we are adding a new attribute, "dancing", and we are going to make 100 events related dancing (because women like Dancing with the Stars)
>clothing color customizing
>>
>>1250325
>clothing color customizing
To be fair I actually want that one.
>>
>>1250458
Fucking grim.
>>
File: 1599885514505.jpg (109 KB, 892x800)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>late game war against a muslim empire with 400k troops
>every castle has a level 25+ fort
this is disgusting to do
>>
>>1252460
Can you do it like in CK2 and just blitz the holy war target duchy before they can even muster their forces and make them surrender? Nabbing North Africa from Abbasids one duchy at a time without them being able to even fight worked in CK2.
>>
>>1225169
why do people like you have to go full on contrarian?
I agree that Africa shouldn't be the focus, but that doesn't mean Europe and Arabia alone should be the focus.
I think they should add China, and I think they should even add Greenland and parts of Canada and the US. You want as many gameplay options as possible. Indonesia, Japan, SA, Sub Saharan Africa and everywhere else not previously named simply didn't have contact with Europe that much.
Especially China, and Tibet to some degree, did have some contact. Not really less contact than the HRE would have in 1100 with Persia. By your logic we can cut everything east of the Urals and Iraq, everything North of Stockholm and Bergen and end up with spawning troopstacks for the Mongols and the Seljuks and whoever.

A bigger map is far more the worst parts of CK3. It's the gameplay loop that's not working/very shallow, and not that you have many cultures and a large map.

Supply and warfare need a rework, education needs a rework (the system is older than ck2), inheritance and vassals need a rework, they should add some laws and trade, they should at some point playable republics and nomads - add trade and vassal interactions with that.
I'll gladly pay 30€ in 2023 for the silk road, playable republics, a map expansion to greenland and vinland, some more laws and trade interactions and some clothes.
I'd also gladly pay another 30€ in 2024 for map expansion to china, inheritance overhaul and vassal overhaul and the nomadic government.
>>
>>1252519
in a Crusade its still possible, you rally your forces and park them on the war target before war is declared. in basic Holy Wars it's not so easy, yeah you can rush capitals and hope to capture the enemy leader, but you cant declare war with armies raised so you wont be zerging down forming enemy armies.
>>
i swear its hard coded into the game that player heirs will always select the worst possible spouse if allowed to
>>
File: FuRong Hunan.webm (3 MB, 540x960)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>1252558
part of the concern is more that adding china is just bloat, dividing the developments team's attention, and wouldn't actually come with any of the inheritance/vassal/government types/laws/trade reworks that the game so desperately needs--at the current rate of how CK3 treats iceland to mogadishu, China'd just be a new form of poorly modeled french feudalism that allows feudal lords to hold cities and so it'd just be the same gameplay loop of fabricating claims because Taoism doesn't allow for great holy wars; interaction with the Emperor would be the same, boring, and if not worse, Papal Bank because you can't play the court eunuchs with factional politics.
given the rate for the CK3 expansions so far, nothing's made the game any deeper since release (maybe the addition of Muslim contracts?) and, while new map areas are cool to look at, 2024 is still too soon for anything that would widen the game that much. Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms and the Jurchen-Song wars are fun times, plus the direct horror of the Mongol-Yuan invasions, but team's creative direction makes it look like it'd just be a palette swap of playing as random slavic principalities
the OST would be pretty sick if Jade Dragon was anything to go by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2BJX6K_to0
>greenland and vinland
i'd be okay with greenland being a 1dev province with terrible modifiers because it's a shit place to live , but vinland should be offscreen event chains only, there's no feasible logistical network to sustain transatlantic trade prior to the 15th century
>>
>>1252656
okay fair enough
I had hoped that they could use that as a vessel for working on both nomads and forms of government other than feudalism
the team is, well as you say, too small to even work on what we have right now.

I'd really love a trade overhaul and a vinland event chain for the norse pack though. as is scandinavia is probably one of the most enjoyable regions to play in game even though it had the same amount of effort put into it as spain which adds some nice mechanics for mods but really doesn't make the region that much more interesting IMO
>>
>>1252589
>making a custom character
>putting in the effort
>heir looks like generic [selected ethnicity]
>heir is just like any other braindead ai
they should at least fix the inheritance and education system when they don't give a shit about flavor, immersion, historical accuracy. I'm so sick of my heirs being progressively less interesting and generic looking characters. would also give them an opportunity to work on character traits and their inheritance, although I admit that might be above PDXs paygrade.
>>
auto repair for equipped artifacts when?
>>
>>1252558
>I think they should add China, and I think they should even add Greenland and parts of Canada and the US. You want as many gameplay options as possible.
Incredible. Numerous replies in this thread that pointed out the issue of these suggestions, the consequences of their development, how lackluster their implementation would be, and you still bothered to post this.
>I'll gladly pay 30€ in 2023 for the silk road, playable republics, a map expansion to greenland and vinland, some more laws and trade interactions and some clothes.
>I'd also gladly pay another 30€ in 2024 for map expansion to china, inheritance overhaul and vassal overhaul and the nomadic government.
kys
>>
>>1253249
At most China and Greenland/Vinland should be done like the China interaction in CK2. Hell, even Sub-Saharan Africa should be like this.
>>
File: old guy.jpg (208 KB, 601x1079)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
Any Godherja players here that can confirm the 150 age limit has been removed? Not sure if this is just a fluke and he's fated to die soon, or if I can actually keep this guy alive forever by using magic to succ people's life force. If it's the latter, then I need to sacrifice some heirs.
>>
>>1200395
CK3 is still better
>>
>>1254251
cope
>>
i'm kinda retarded and my error log is 45k lines long
how do i find out what mod is crashing my game on november 2nd, 1115
>>
File: Sieppaa.png (2.52 MB, 1279x932)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
Desire to kidnap her and make her my concubine...rising
>>
>>1200372
Any other event mods like better battles that people can recommend? Preferably one that also includes Knight events and the ability for players to be their liege's knight.

>>1252881
I just use the mod that turns off durability decay.
I'll re-enable it if they put in an auto-repair, but right now it's just more busywork.
>>
File: etepezea restored.jpg (665 KB, 1920x1080)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
Managed to restore Etepezea with Aeschraes the Lord of Ashes, who is like 200 years old now due to blood magic. Was a lot of fun using magic to go from a single county to an empire while being hated by literally everyone for being the guy that destroyed the world in lore, but now I'm wondering what to do next. Should I push the barbarians out of the north? Try to subjugate what remains of the fractured Aversarian Empire to the south? Or lay claim to the old ruins of Mayikprolollan, the Aversarian magic academy before it was ravaged by the invading barbarians.
>>
>>1255163
Watch out anon, that 13 opinion penalty from tyranny that will be gone in 3 years will totally cripple your empire
>>
>>1204599
>4 times the player count of a decade old game
>>
>>1252558
>I agree that Africa shouldn't be the focus, but that doesn't mean Europe and Arabia alone should be the focus.
>Crusader Kings

>I think they should add China, and I think they should even add Greenland and parts of Canada and the US. You want as many gameplay options as possible. Indonesia, Japan, SA, Sub Saharan Africa and everywhere else not previously named simply didn't have contact with Europe that much.
No, I don't want the hyper simulator of everything, as that is plain too much of a scope for the game and realistically it would pull away resources from developing what mattered in medieval time. Europe and Middle East.

Also 3/10 because I responded
>>
I have mixed feelings about CK3, it has less various shit like hashahimi or church conclave, however it's hard for me to get back to CK2 after playing 3 for the sole reason of interface being much better designed in 3.

Probably the biggest grudge I have with 3 is the content of the events, at least half of them make me think that someone who wrote them wanted to appeal to middle school consumer with childish humour and character interactions fitting midschoolers, not medieval aristocracy, their servants and their knights.
>>
>>1255946
>what mattered in medieval time
>Europe
>>
>>1255991
>Europe didn't matter in game named "Crusader Kings" set in medieval era
>>
Can't wait for the Jihad for Han
>>
>>1200372
>Why is CK3 late game such a fucking meme? If you know what you're doing your army is going to roll through anything without any problems and you can just do whatever and conquer whatever. Pic related is against the mongols who've managed to reach fucking Tunisia after conquering the Abbasids who had more fucking troops than me.
how did you manage to expose yourself as a clueless retard who knows nothing about CK2 in a post about CK3? Genuinely impressive
>>
File: daw2.png (39 KB, 596x461)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
lol, lmao even
>>
File: daww.png (23 KB, 843x280)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>1258802
>>
>>1258802
What are the odds Elder Kings devs are (actual) trannies much like the dev lead of AGOT mod?
>>
>>1250325
>menstruating mechanic (because women like to have their bleeding acknowledged), tampons will be depicted artifact
I bet there is a Loverslab mod like this with four pop up event a month and a nightmarish janky frankenstein of % modifiers and traits added and removed (or not) by poorly coded script which slows the game to a complete crawl since it checks every woman every hour, all to achieve something about as erotic as CK3 is strategic.
>>
>>1200372
CK3 is better but not strictly superior, so far. That weird relationship counter they added to iberia is sunset invasion level bad though gameplay-wise.
>>
>pick a random count
>fuck and impregnate the king´s wife
>my bastard becomes the heir
Literally every time
>>
>>1200372
How do I hack the Iberian conflict to an end? I did a very successful run as a single ruler and now own everything apart from Catalonia. I can't do neither pragmatic nor peaceful end for the conflict because I own too much shit, but now its also impossible for me to trigger a "conflict" period to do the conquest ending. So... where are the game files where I can edit the requirements for ending the conflict, or are there console commands that let me bypass them? Or do I autocomplete the conquest if I take out the last 2 involved rulers in Catalonia?
>>
File: priorities.png (111 KB, 1161x705)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>1258810
Guaranteed.
>>
today i reinstalled ck3 for the nth time, yet again
i thought that with me deleting all the ck3 personal archive (personal mods and whatnot) will deter me from playing forever since i would have to invest time to study and modding again to play at my own style
however, my defense broke and i hate myself
i dont want to fucking playing anymore
fuck ck3 fuck paradox fuck the useless piece of shit of me fuck da world
>>
>>1217945
>>1237278
ditto
>>
>>1258962
I wonder what drives trannies to moderate and make mods
>>
>>1234509
what game is that?
>>
>>1223260
What the fuck are you even talking about? That pic was show Corlys Velaryon made in ck3 ruler creator by some redditor.
>>
>>1200372
It really feels like they haven’t tested their game past 1100, no organic kingdom or empire ever creates, it’s just ugly deformed blobs and bordergore who never go past 20k men, mongols are a total meme who’ll explode before reaching Samarkand, the Byzantine Empire never looses territory, if you start in 867 vikings will never convert to christianity etc etc
The armies also become a nightmare to move around in late game, but I guess it’s realistic, huge armies would need a lot of micro to manoeuver in real life as well so not really complaining
>>
>>1204841
Big milkies 3D models
>>
How long until some based aspie dev ports vicky 3 eye candy into ck3? someone got the clouds already
>>
>>1206109
>>1206146
>>1206197
I might be retarded, but I still can’t find what the wargoal is in the genius ck3 design after declaring war. In eu4 it’s super obvious when looking at the warscore screen, but there is no indication in ck3’s. How does eu4 once again btfo the new “flagship” (abandoned now) title for pair of cucks?
>>
>>1218103
Idiot mechanic I agree
Was playing as Galicia and surrounding counties were getting de jure shifted into my kingdom faster than I could culture convert which meant I couldn’t end the struggle militarily even when it was the right arbitrary time.
I love contradictory game mechanics that clearly haven’t been play tested
>>
>>1222729
I can’t stand any paradrone calls to expand the map. It’s already huge, focus on what’s there already and don’t make it play exactly the same.
>>
>>1259112
Late game armies micro is way overstated. Have one siege army with bombards and levies, and then have one or two armies with everything else. AI will always blob their troops together which makes it easy to wipe them out in a single decisive battle while you send the bombards to siege the capital or wargoal. The only time you need to micro shit is if the wars go on for years and years and you need to resupply, thats a fuckin pain having to split the army and send them all over to get supply again.

To your other points, European kingdoms seem to be broken in particular, they almost always explode due to Karling claims. Otherwise I'd say its 50/50 on Vikings converting or the Byzantines splitting, I'm playing a campaign right now where both happened pretty early.
>>
>>1225652
Yeah but because of people like One Proud Shill’s aversion to war “micro” (playing the game) we’ll get an Icky 3 system where you can’t control any armies besides ones you’re character is leading because it will lead to more better arrpee
>>
>>1218764
In CK2, they were also great vassal candidates for feudal lords, since high martial vassals gave you more levies.
>>
>>1225652
is dtr gud
>>
>>1259086
They are all autistic and computer nerds
>>
File: doglicksface.gif (608 KB, 400x225)
608 KB
608 KB GIF
>declare war against the Papacy
>i outnumber them like 10:1
>should be ez
>pope instantly hires every single mercenary band in the game
fuck you
>>
>>1258962
I don't get it
Why would you need to transition as a fucking game character
>>
How do you convert a county from tribal to feudal if you don't directly own the title?
>>
>>1259183
>Yeah but because of people like One Proud Shill’s aversion to war “micro” (playing the game) we’ll get an Icky 3 system where you can’t control any armies besides ones you’re character is leading because it will lead to more better arrpee
A system like that could actually be good in a CK game, where you have limited control over things if your character isn't physically there and you have to worry about managing other lords who if you have low authority might decide to split off their troops to go looting or carving out their own personal new principality instead of helping you with the main objective, if it was made by someone competent instead of paradox.
>>
>>1259394
CK2 disallowed you to switch commanders if your crown authority was too low. Losing an important battle because you had some dumbfuck duke with a martial rating of 2 insist to lead his flank into battle since he's your highest ranking vassal was low-tier kino. Too bad crown authority is a non-issue after the first few years, it was a simple yet effective way to convey the idea that you're not fully in control.
>>
>>1200526
don't you think all that stuff is going to be added to the game later? they're probably going to milk the ever-loving jebus out of the game for the next ten years, is my guess.
>>
File: 1660887616620.png (219 KB, 521x403)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
I own both the dutchy title and the kingdom title, but I'm still not this dude's rightful leige. Is this a bug or am i missing something?
>>
>>1259301
dude probably doesn't have the money
so revoke title, feudalize and give it back?
>>
Are there mods for CK3 that let you rape people?
>>
>>1259926
I noticed that I couldn't fulfill the "press all de-jure land" wargoal, so I can imagine there is something fucked with the de-jure mechanic in general
>>
>>1260559
Most sane ESL post
>>
>>1260754
What makes a man see a post with decent grammar, spelling and punctuation and think "wow that's an esl lol"?
>>
>>1255949
It's more like a medieval sims eh?
>>
>>1209355
>Gameplaywise, why is this necessary?
Because the AI is terrible.
A player can form a multi-empire nation in one lifetime. The AI is lucky to be slightly bigger than they started by the end of the game.
>>
>>1261585
Because they have made AI insanely rational, so they are unwilling to take risks.
AI will only attack opponents that have significantly fewer troops than them, which is why you never see Byzantines and Abbasids going at it, as they have roughly the same number of troops.
If Alexander was a CK character, he wouldn't have ever invaded the Achaemenids because Achemenids outnumbered him heavily.
>>
>>1261603
in the abstract, the issue is that blobs will just grow and annex weaker neighbors while ignoring other blobs that could challenge them.
AI factor in what it has to gain, only how easy something is, hence why Byzantines will conquer poorly defended and worthless Ruthenia rather than heavily defended bur rich Syria
>>
File: 1668485677108717.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
Why is it telling me that Andalusia is my capital kingdom when I'm Gallician. Is it because my capital is Cordoba?
>>
>try to play as Alfred the Great
>there´s no King of West-Saxons or King of the Anglo-Saxons tilte
>there´s no Lord of Ireland title just King of Ireland
>creating the Danelaw automaticallly creates England
>>
>>1262171
>>there´s no King of West-Saxons or King of the Anglo-Saxons tilte
Wessex literally means Kingdom of the West Saxons
>>
>>1259226
Why you gotta be so poor bruh?
>>
>>1249610
>jews
>existing
0/10
>>
File: 1668218093537266.png (835 KB, 1824x1354)
835 KB
835 KB PNG
>>1258810
>>
>>1200372
Paradox is a soulless company that merely seeks to suck your soul out via your wallet.
The fact that people defend shit like Vic 3 on the basis of "but mods & DLCS!!!!" goes to show how they've successfully indoctrinated a good deal of their community, to the point where speaking out gets you categorised in some negative bs.

Idk why people think it's ok to meme & laugh at flops on launch such as Cyberpunk, No mans sky etc yet at the same time accept they'll need to spend an extra 100+ to actually make the paradox games even have a little bit of flavour.
>>
>>1262883
Oh nonononono
>>
>>1262883
Did you guys see that? He NARROWLY avoided getting smacked in the face (digital?) by a ban!
lmao
>>
>>1262463
I know but the game treats it as a Duchy title instead
>>
>>1262883
I have the peculiar suspicion that the person in the pic is not, as a matter of fact, a woman.
>>
File: 1USRfPq[1].jpg (127 KB, 1254x992)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
my wife is so hot cause of mixing with arabs, it's making me question turning to norman
>>
"Emperors can own duchy rank vassals without penalties (Unlike emperors cannot have county rank vassals, or kings cannot have county rank vassals, without penalties)."

Can someone explain this statement from wiki?I dont understand why or what negative modifier will I gain if i have county vassal as emperor
>>
on the other hand, any recommendation for performance mod?
>>
>>1262979
Which is stupid. Faggots never explained, why Navarre gets to be a kingdom but Wessex, Mercia, and Northumbria don't.
I mean, you could still have the Kingdom of England as a formable country if a single conquer all of England.
I would even go as far as to argue Wessex, Mercia and Northumbria should start with their own cultures, instead of being homogeneous Anglo-Saxon.
>>
>>1259089
Karryn Prison IIRC
>>
File: ck.png (583 KB, 829x765)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
Look who's back
>>
I have 0 idea why this game crashes my drivers on start up. It's just do unstable and I can't figure out wtf is going on to cause this
>5800X
>6900XT
>32GB RAM
>Game is on m.2 SSD
>3440x1440P monitor
What the fuck do I have to do to get this to work??
>>
>>1264598
>Your daughter-wife and sister-in-law
>Height and weight measurements
>Coomer mod traits(?)
Kino
>>
>Paradox hasn´t added any of CK coomer content in any of their other games
Kinda based
>>
>>1264759
>The Duchy of Naples it´s actually a county
>You can´t create the Kingdom of Naples
These faggots could make it more accurate but are busier doing coomer events
>>
File: ENRY.jpg (231 KB, 528x530)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>1264952
Glitterhoof, my liege.
>>
File: ypres-cloth-hall001.jpg (121 KB, 824x537)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
i got motivated yesterday and spent a couple hours writing up 3.8k words for for trade suggestions, but actually involving characters instead of how most suggestions are for passive income generation like in CK2
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/resource-items-trade-relationships-and-trade-networks-yet-another-economic-suggestion.1558770/
main idea is that you a secondary inventory for storing resources, which are produced by an inspired courtier every so often, and come with charges, so you can use one item a number of times, whether they be feasts, gifts, events, etc, and should be well integrated into the game, even required for certain actions (you have to buy a keg to binge drink, etc)
resource items are produced with varying charges, qualities, and effects (with some regularity) but its still an economic game of risk if something goes wrong
unrefined materials like wool, furs, cotton, metals, jewels, need to go to places with refining capabilities (ie an inspired courtier who turns them into something new), either through a Trade Relationship that sets a preferred buyer of goods, or by selling to a Center of Trade, whose inspired courtier, a fairmaster, is just an exchange with a larger resource inventory
basically, goods need to be produced, used, or sold, either to nobles or to the fairmaster, with the liege getting a portion of whatever gets bought and sold there. they can then set up a Trade Network with another Center of Trade to get reduced prices on their goods (as all prices increase with distance), which can link up and create a rather natural network of stuff from places like zanzibar, mali, karakorum, or china
resources can change over time if needed, whether to another raw good, an industrialized good, or a center of trade
>>
File: 3.png (3.05 MB, 1920x1080)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB PNG
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/crusader-kings-3-dev-diary-111-1-8-0-robe-feature-highlight.1546936/
>Bookmark screen is getting cleaned up, organized by year and then by tab
>the game shows DLC you have, which isnt new for paradox games, but there are two unrecognized minor packs there
>can save customer characters for re-use/sharing
>every tenant now has unique artwork
>allegedly a very large changelog of fixes, that include binding Mozarab to the Pope with a strong hookz and that Zandaqa pledges to the Caliph are in-game letter options instead of an AI decision
>>
>>1267683
Nevermind, I'm retarded those are the clothing packs
>>
>>1267683
>literally nothing
>>
>>1267344
I doubt they would add anything like that as it is clear that Paracucks will never try to make something complex ever, at most they are going to add trade goods that give you some bonus if you have too much or a monopoly like in EUIV and that is it.
>>
>>1201796
>CK2 sucks without dlc/mods
Even vanilla CK2 has 1000x the mechanical depth and need for strategi thinking form the player than CK3 all these years after release

Modern CK2 with all it's DLC and mature mod library is just objectively better than ck3, it's not even up for debate.
There are probably 1-3 things CK2 does *slightly* better than CK2, and a hundred things it either does significantly worse or even not at all
>>
File: c2f.png (429 KB, 667x670)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
>>1267683
>spent most of this thread complaining about Paradox wasting time on useless shit
>latest dev diary is them revealing that they've been working on useless shit
>people in the comments sucking them off
mfw
>>
>>1267683
Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
Wake me up when CK3 becomes actually worth paying attention.
>>
Very strange this board is obessed with games they all agree are shit
>>
>>1262883

What cringe.
>>
>>1258962

Uhhh... since when it is lore outside of Argonians? And why is it even needed? It's a video game about marrying and having children to pass along a title. Castrating yourself won't help that.
>>
>>1262883
>Falmer
Checks out
>>
>>1269098
>Uhhh... since when it is lore outside of Argonians?
ESO. There's a whole questline about an altmer tranny.
>>
>>1228284
This guy gets it. Unbelievably based
>>
>>1228284
Based Roman emperor
>>
Hey it's One Proud Shillarian and I'm here to praise every single patch paracuck releases
>>
>>1200457
yep
>>
>>1202699
they could have done that now that with how you can actually see towns, churches and other castles within a county in the map now. they would have to get rid of county capital as it is now and actually have means to interact with those holdings, ie, being able to play from them, make them county capital, sieging them down and such. The building caps should disappear and you should also be able to start just like any unlanded nobleman and so on.
>>
>>1217945
6) Castellan needs to be nobleman
7) Faraway castellans can attempt to usurp your domain
8) Castellans should have specific cultured names, like alcaide or qaid for a more flavorful iberian reconquista
>>
>>1218596
Ironically, they reason kings started to hold courts was to play judge in order to cuck their subject´s authority within their lands and raise funds for bigger armies.
>>
>>1259184
i actually disliked that, it seemed to me to be the remnants of mana systems. why would you get more or less soldiers from a province that supposedly is developed with 7 holdings and such, just because he has more or less martial? instead it should just change the quality of their troops and make commander stats more valuable
>>
>>1223966
lol. indians hands probably wrote this post, because there is no such thing as a tibet
>>
>>1228284
that only works in a game of thrones mod
>>
>>1234936
>no witty 4th option stating that it might be tinny but she should go to her room and prep for it anyway
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>1273071
>6) Castellan needs to be nobleman
Why? Wikipedia article says:
>"In other areas, castellans did not manage to rise to noble status and remained the local officer of a noble."
Indicating that it was the norm for castellans not to be noble, but the position helped some to become nobles.

>7) Faraway castellans can attempt to usurp your domain
That is pretty gamy, in reality, you would only know about usurpation if they successfully passed the castellany to their children.
Looking more into this, it seems like the historical reasons for castellans usurping their post stemmed from the overlord's mismanagement.
This could be simulated with:
>each castellan has a "privatization" percentage, once it reaches 100% they usurp the county
>privatization builds over every year based on the distance to the overlord's capital and the castellan's opinion on the overlord
>every time castellan is reappointed the privatization progress is reset
>once privatization reaches 80% they will refuse to revoke, and all castellans with +50% privatization will join in a revolt to depose the overlord
>once privatization reaches 60% player gets an alarm about it
>some other things increase privatization like overlord's debt
>>
>>1273108
because, that is how it went in my country and i never cared to learn about how it worked in other countries to this day. it would be even better if diferent cultures could have their own mechanics regarding stuff like this. and it would be simple to get information input from various college kids doing it for free from many diferent universities. in my first run in college before i dropped out in an attempt at getting my shit together and going for a second run, i was the only autist who played paradox games, now in my second run i see kids playing eu4 and other games during class
>>
>>1200372
>modify the game so north africans have no dirty black blood in their veins.
>make the sand tradition to be hated by everyone
>For some reason the Byzantium and germans marry their heirs to black savages
>africans cultures do not hate the living hell out of the other african cultures
there has to be a way to make certain cultures and religions to be spiteful, disgusting and pariah.
>>
>>1270401
So it has nothing to do with the actual lore.
>>
so is anyone going to play After the End when it releases?
>>
How's the new update so far?
>>
Some fun facts I learned in my time modding the game. Not sure if they still hold true, but
>game has no load order, if multiple mods overwrite the same file the game reverts to the default file
>baronies all hold their own culture/religion values, they just automatically set it to match the capital barony of the county (this isn't that bad, just fun)
And the worst one
>DLC content is included in the base game and just locked behind a true/false statement
Not all of it but a majority of Northern Lords' content was included in the base game, and all the prerelease dlc was included in its entirety
>>
>>1273749
It crashes way to often, might be playable in a month.

>>1274272
It's alright, nothing game changing but pleasant to have.
>>
>>1274331
The Northern Lords' content was probably added to the base game files with the free update that accompanied the release of the DLC.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.