[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 155 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Bombs away in the Pacific! Only took the last Koei thread 5 months to hit bump limit this time. How many jobs will Anon have gone through before this one hits limit? Which Romance game is the best? Is Liu Bei all hype? Find out within.
>>
>>1200145
Kino package art again.
>>
>>1200145
>Is Liu Bei all hype?
Yes.
>>
>>1202611
Yeah, the author had a hard on for the Han. On the other side Cao Cao wasn't some super villian. By most accounts, Dong Zhuo was an asshole.
>>
File: Xin_Xianying_(ROTK12).jpg (52 KB, 360x512)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Play as Han Fu
>>
>>1203373
Based
When I started out as hobo Liu Bei, I used to beg this guy constantly for crossbows and stuff in Rot3K 2 and 3. Just milk this guy until he gets conquered.
>>
>>1202611
No. He wasn’t a moral paragon like the fiction tries to portray (though the fiction has some fucked up morals by modern standards so who even cares about that anymore) but he was definitely one of the greatest men of the era.

Something the fiction downplays/misrepresents is that Cao Cao was very impressed with Liu Bei and treated Liu Bei better than Guan Yu.
>>
Could Zhuge Liang have eventually defeated Wei if Liu Bei hadn't gone full retard and attacked Wu at Yiling? Wu had repeatedly shown that they were unreliable allies so it probably still would have been effectively 1v1, Hefei was their only actual attack into Wei after Chibi wasn't it?
>>
>>1203464
No.

Wu was unreliable from Shu's perspective, but Shu was unreliable from Wu's perspective too. Wu had its own designs on the empire and was constantly attacking Wei too, but fiction ignores it all because storytellers of the past thought it made for a better story to pretend Shu was going it alone when in fact the Wei-Wu front was the bigger and more violent front.

Zhuge Liang's First Campaign was so successful at first because it actually caught Wei by surprise, because at the time Wei thought that post-Liu Bei Shu had no intention to go on the offensive after the loss at Yiling and was therefore completely focused on its war with Wu. After the First Campaign, Shu no longer had the element of surprise.
>>
>>1203485
This is river pirate propaganda, Wu was basically a vassal of Wei for its entire existence.
>>
Was Liu Bei's state the legitimate continuation of the Han?

Or was it just a LARP?
>>
>>1203986
It was just a LARP. The real question is whether he was genuinely trying to restore the Han before he met kongming or was always planning on becoming emperor himself.
>>
>>1203986
It would have been if he had won, but he didn't, so larp.

To be a proper continuation you need continuity in government. Liu Xiu pulled that off back in the Western Han -> Xin -> Eastern Han transition because he conquered all the Empire, allowing direct continuity by absorbing a bunch of government officials who survived by switching sides through the whole transition period. If Liu Bei had won, he might have been able to achieve a similar continuity, but he didn't and therefore has basically zero continuity with Eastern Han. What big names from the Eastern Han government did he get? Off the top of my head I can only think of Xu Jing, and Liu Bei didn't even want to hire him at first, restricting him to only ceremonial positions.
>>
File: Caocao-rotk12.jpg (92 KB, 571x798)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
So in the end, what was his goal? He obviously didn't want to be emperor. Did he just want to be a more competent Dong Zhuo and try to ensure that his family would be the power behind the throne moving forward? Was it all just an inferiority complex over his father being the adopted son of a eunuch?
>>
>>1204640
>He obviously didn't want to be emperor

I don't know if its a case of wanting to be or just it making more sense to be the eternal "regent" in his case. Because he certainly yearned for power and what is more powerful than ruling the entire world
>>
File: mfw rome.png (423 KB, 560x374)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>1204642
>>the entire world
>>
>>1204784
Rome didn't exist until 439AD, which was a minimum of 200 years after the rise of Cao Cao. The Han dynasty was peerless at their height of power, due to lack of competition. Though, lack of competition breeds complacency, which is why the Han dynasty would eventually fall into dismay.
>>
>>1204930
So I'm watching the 3 Kingdoms tv series and these grown men were having sleepovers with each other, usually at the conclusion of political affairs and such. We're this a test or were they having sex parties. Asking for a friend.
>>
File: Lu Lingqi 209.jpg (503 KB, 1360x768)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>start as Lu Lingqi in 195
>spend ten years fighting off Cao Cao and Yuan Shao
>marry Yu Jin, befriend Xu Zhu and Zhang Liao
>last city falls
>Zhang Liao joins Cao Cao
>I relocate to Liang and join Ma Teng
>Yu Jin, Xu Zhu and Papa Bu join me
>Ma Teng has been turtling this entire time, only skirmishing with Cao Cao
>with all of my deeds from fighting Yuan Shao I immediately get made governer of Tianshui
>call in a favour to launch a campaign for Changan
>massive 60,000 vs 100,000 troop battle
>win
>visit Yu Jin and he immediately puts a baby in me
I'm now weighing up rebelling against Ma Teng and taking over Liang directly, or taking revenge against Cao Cao as he's now in a threeway sandwich.
>>
File: Lu Lingqi 210.jpg (842 KB, 1360x1532)
842 KB
842 KB JPG
>>1205205
Not long after I posted this
>Ma Teng makes me viceroy and gives me command of half of his cities
>I have spent the last year befriending half of his force, placing my friends as governers across the different cities
>Ma Teng launches a new campaign against Cao Cao
>I revolt and every single city joins me
That went better than expected.
>>
>>1205256
From the looks of things, Cao Cao is going to win, though I'm not too familiar with the game. Also, who's the "T" enclave?
>>
>>1205265
Taishi Ci, he inherited the city from Liu Yao. As he's coded to be aligned with Sun Ce, he's been permanently allied with him ever since.

Cao Cao is getting sandwiched hard, and something has got to give eventually.
>>
>>1205205
>>1205256
>lu stinky betraying her lord just like papa bu
I had forgotten how much micromanagement 13 had, eugh. The AI in 13 is always sucked in by feints so if you send a small-medium sized force to Shongyang Cao Cao will split his entire army between that and what he has fighting Yuan Shao and you can quickly mop up what he owns of the central plains with direct control battles. You could also choose to roll over Ma Teng right now instead but taking a huge chunk out of Cao Cao is the correct play.
>>
File: around_wu_beware_4u.jpg (313 KB, 951x2484)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>1205160
ROTK is just light yaoi for that specific niche of fujoshit that enjoys old hairy men. Sorry you had to find out this way but it's better that you hear it from us your friends in the Koei totally-not-a-general than someone else.
>>
>>1205401
Thanks Koei bro and my..er friend thanks you as well.
>>
>>1205160
Men sharing a room or bed is a sign of very close friendship and trust. Hell, even letting someone enter your private rooms was considered a huge sign of trust since anyone that close could theoretically assassinate you.

No, it wasn't about gay sex. There are records of that in history, but they use specific terms for it. Before the glorification of homosexuality in modern times making men afraid to be close with one another, the men of the past felt free to be a lot closer than in modern times.

I would assume in the TV show it would be a way for the show to tell the audience "these guys are good friends," but I don't know much about modern TV tropes in Chinese dramas so I can only guess.
>>
File: 1645683414950.jpg (52 KB, 625x628)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1204930
>Rome didn't exist until 439AD
>>
>>1205980
Are you implying it's 428AD? Because you'd be wrong.
>>
>>1205980
I think he means Rome didn't last until 439AD and just worded it badly
>>
I want to get into ROTK. Which one should I start with?
>>
>>1206844
He'd still be wrong as Rome lasted until 1918.
>>
>>1206931
2 or 3 for the absolute basics.
>>
>>1207362
How about the newer ones? How do they fare?
>>
>>1207585
Haven't played the newer ones. There's X but that's more of an RPG. Try XI as it has a lot of content with the power up kit.
>>
File: kayser-i-rum.png (464 KB, 912x1024)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
>>1207202
>>
>>1206931
10 and 11 are good starting points I think for newer players. 10 has RPG mechanics where you can play as an officer rather than a ruler (as do 7 and 8,) and 11 is ruler-only. Both are great.
>>
>>1206931
>>1208441
7,8, 10, and 13 are officer based, and are vaguely RPGs where you play as an individual officer. The others are all sovereign based where you play as the ruler making all decisions and there are no RPG elements at all.
10 and 11 are great, but will require jumping through some hoops to have the PUK in english since it was JP/TW only. 13 and 14 and their PUKs are available on current consoles and are also great. AFAIK they're all on Steam but maybe JP/CH only?
I believe 4 is the preferred game for grumpy old fucks.
>>
File: 1640637651055.png (132 KB, 330x468)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>1208445
Wrong Kaiser.
>>
File: Peepeepoopoo.jpg (125 KB, 764x1079)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
I remember getting this one alongside ROTTK IV and enjoying them both
>>
>>1209529
no you didnt
>>
>>1206931
6 start with 6
>>
Currently playing as Gongsun Du in XIV(normal).Did I screw myself with historic free officers and no added officers?Also,does subjugating the outlanders help in any way?
>>
>>1212231
Subjugating the outlanders is never worth it. Take the city you border, befriend the outlanders and use their 5 free military officers to expand until you steal better officers from Gongsun Zan/Yuan Shao.
>>
>>1212231
Everybody is officer-starved in XIV except for the big three and yuan shao. The most important thing in any XIV game is to capture the last city of a force so you can hire all of their officers, you'll be fine as long as you're the one to finish off Gongsun Zan+Yuan Shao+whoever else is in the north depending on scenario. If you can get Zhao Yun+Zhang He+Yan Liang+Wen Chou+Yuan Shao you'll be all set, try to conquer Kong Rong too for Taishi Ci. Then beat Cao Cao so you can finally hire a warlord who can get up to 100 INT for accurate advice and faceroll the rest.
Don't even attempt to conquer an outlander city, just do goodwill with them to get up to trusted for the 5 decent officers (can only be used as generals/transports).
>>
>>1212231
Good luck
>>
rotk 6 seems fun and has cozy music but i found the battles really dumb last time i tried it
>>
>>1204640
>So in the end, what was his goal?
Poontang. Dian Wei died because Zhang Xiu was pissed when Cao Cao took his aunt as concubine. He bragged to his officers about how Xiao sisters would make a fine addition as his concubines once he conquered Wu. He built Tongquetai as a testament to his penis and to house his concubines. Nigga just want to have party, poetry and pussy.
>>
>>1206931
I started with XI because it's the first one that received English PC port since DOS era. I'm glad it did, it's still the most beautiful looking strategy game from 00's IMO. You can only pirate it nowadays because Steam version is JP only.
>>
>>1215273
I agree, great atmosphere but lame battles.
>>
File: Chen_Gong_29.jpg (168 KB, 1000x1415)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
He got swept aside by fate pretty hard but this guy is probably my favourite minor character from the novels.
>>1203986
LARPing as a means to an end in my opinion. There's a lot of emphasis on his royal blood which he used to his advantage but it's more of a meme than a fact. He was supposedly a descendant of Liu Sheng but for context, Liu Sheng is known for being a hedonist who officially had 120 sons and probably many more unconfirmed children.
>>1204640
Uniting China, if he achieved that then maybe he would've been fine with being a Dong Zhuo esque figure for the rest of his life but I can also certainly see him creating a new Dynasty by becoming Emperor.
>>
>>1215994
I actually bought a copy off Gamersgate a while ago. It was like 10 bucks. Paying probably isn't very cool but if someone didn't want to pirate they don't have to miss ROTKXI.
>>
>>1217086
Did Liu Bei really throw his kid?
>>
>>1217707
No. That story was made up to make him look better.
>>
>>1217734
>angrily throws a baby
>"That story was made up to make him look better."
The Chinese are a strange bunch.
>>
>>1217767
ROTK has a straight up "filial cannibalism" story where both Liu Bei and the guy who feeds him his wife are supposed to be paragons of Confucian morality. Chinese sensibilities are indeed quite peculiar.
>>
>>1217767
>>1217841
It depends a lot on the time period. Past figures keep on getting recast as "good" or "evil" because of changing moral opinions, not to mention ambitious intellectuals who want to make a point of throwing out "old" moral opinions and replace them with their own. This was actually a big thing in the late Han to 3K era itself, with guys like Kong Rong publishing bold essays basically going "filial piety is stupid and should be thrown out completely," to the whole Zhengshi era and Xuanxue movements.

Anyways, a lot of the stories that ended up being "canonized" in the novel were Song/Yuan era stories, a time where there was a notable trend toward pushing "public-mindedness." That is, caring about your own family is selfish and that you should instead care about the country/world as a whole. So you end up with a bunch of stories of "moral exemplars" killing their own family members to show off how "public-minded" they are. The Liu Bei example is honestly one of the more "tame" examples considering he doesn't kill the kid.

The irony is that the Han era itself was when a lot of morality theory was pushing "family" above all. Kong Rong's anti filial piety essay was actually used against him to get him arrested and eventually executed for "blasphemy" and "sedition."
>>
>>1217898
So Zhuge Liang probably wasn't the historical genius we were led to believe he was.
>>
>>1218477
How on earth did you make that jump
It's always vexing to see "because Romance is false, character depicted in it is false". Granted that was my instinct too and I hated Zhuge Liang and Liu Bei, but you can read their bios and work and still make a case for Liu Bei (contentiously, which is fine), but it's probably more difficult to say Zhuge Liang was an evil retard.
Also what I learned/realized this year: Meng Huo + seven captures was still real. That one thing you'd really think was made-up to make someone look good, was real.
>>
>>1218477
>>1218482
The Huayang Guozhi's the most trusty source for stuff in Yizhou and was written only about a century after Meng Huo, and it mentions Meng Huo as well as the seven captures. The Huayng Guozhi is an absolutely invaluable resource, written by someone with access to Chengdu's library and wrote a metric ton of other citable material for the region.
>inb4 "but Zhuge Liang monopolized Shu records
>>
>>1218477
Historically Zhuge Liang WAS a marvelouslly brilliant man. With one (really one half) of a backwater province he took on the north and put them on the backfoot several times. He deserves to be respected. He's not the fictional daoist wind god, no, but he was worshipped literally right after he died by his contemporaries. To think you know better is funny.

漢晉春秋曰:楊儀等整軍而出,百姓奔告宣王,宣王追焉。姜維令儀反旗鳴鼓,若將向宣王者,宣王乃退,不敢偪。於是儀結陳而去,入谷然後發喪。宣王之退也,百姓為之諺曰:「死諸葛走生仲達。」或以告宣王,宣王曰:「吾能料生,不便料死也。」

Han and Jin Annals [Hàn Jìn Chūnqiū] records: Yáng Yí6 楊儀 and others organized the army in retreat, King Xuān (Sīmǎ Yì) was informed and made chase. Jiāng Wéi7 gave command to [Yáng] Yí to strike the drums and hoist the banners, creating a commotion of an attacking force, striking fear into King Xuān who retreated without battle. Following the retreat [Yáng] Yí announced that the mourning ritual of Zhūgé Liàng had perished. The commoners then had a saying "A dead Zhūgé scares a living Zhòngdá!", when King Xuān heard of this he remarked “I may make plannings against the living, yet not the dead”.
>>
>>1218477
He was definitely a genius, but how people imagined what a genius is changed over the centuries, so the portrayals changed a lot to fit the tastes of the audience. It probably didn’t help that a lot of later storytellers were targeting pleb audiences, who basically cannot conceive of how smart people actually behave and imagine “geniuses” as “wizards.” More characters than Zhuge Liang suffer from this.
>>
>>1218477
From what I recall, the consensus on the historical Zhuge Liang is that he had a great mind for politics and administration, but wasn't especially competent as a military commander. While he wasn't the master strategist/taoist wizard/genius inventor that he's depicted as in fiction, he still was very far from an idiot and he's done a lot of work in establishing Shu Han as a state.
>>1218512
"Spring and Autumn of Han and Jin" isn't exactly the most credible of sources, being an Eastern Jin era propaganda piece aimed at legitimating Shu Han as the true successor to the Han dynasty.
>>
>>1218575
>doesn't remember authors keeping and hinting historical truths under regimes trying to get rid of information (e.g. Chen Shou getting bullied by the Sima for literally just writing down how Sima Yi got defeated by Zhuge Liang)
>state has a goal therefore their publications aren't trustworthy
>doesn't trust any of the historians to have done their best to preserve the truth, e.g. what happened to Cao Mao, etc
>>
>>1218575
>wasn't especially competent as a military commander
He subjugated the south, caused Western Wei to rise in revolt, put Sima Yi on the backfoot and terrorized him in death. He was celebrated for this. Chen Shou's comment on him knowing his limits in military arts can even be taken as praise. He knows he has a limit and doesn't overextend himself into failure like Sima Yi, or even Liu Bei or Cao Cao.
> isn't exactly the most credible of sources
Citation
>Eastern Jin era propaganda piece
Ah yes, just like every single state sanctioned historical work like the Sanguozhi, Jinshu, Weishu, Songshu, Tangshu...
>aimed at legitimating Shu Han as the true successor to the Han dynasty
I see you don't know anything about Xi Zuochi. his work wasn't about lifting up "Shu Han", it was about dissuading Huan Wen from following in the disastrous footsteps of Wei, usurping a dynasty and causing more chaos.
>>
>>1218603
>He subjugated the south, caused Western Wei to rise in revolt, put Sima Yi on the backfoot and terrorized him in death. He was celebrated for this.
His subjugation of the Nanman is literally the only actually successful campaign Zhuge Liang ever led. All of his Northern Expeditions failed in achieving strategic objectives and Shu didn't gain much out of them, besides some important Wei generals dying. While the failure of the expeditions can be debatably blamed on Shu's postion, with Shu being far too outmatched in terms of resources when compared to Wei or even Wu, the fact that Zhuge Liang waged them still in these conditions doesn't exactly speak in favour of him "knowing his limits".
>Ah yes, just like every single state sanctioned historical work like the Sanguozhi, Jinshu, Weishu, Songshu, Tangshu...
There's a difference between a state sanctioned historical work and a political one. Xi Zuoichi wasn't trying to write an accurate history, he was advancing political goals of the time.
>it was about dissuading Huan Wen from following in the disastrous footsteps of Wei, usurping a dynasty and causing more chaos.
I don't see how this contradicts what I've said. "Spring and Autumn of Han and Jin" disputes the legitimacy of Wei, justifies the legitimacy of Eastern Jin while establishing the others states of the time as illegitimate, legitimizes Shun Han ,embellishes Shu Han figures, AND warns Xi Zuochi's patron that even if he forces the emperor to abdicate he'll be an illegitimate ruler.
>>
>>1218477
You presume much to make such a statement. If we ever met, I would take the form of Dong Zhou and subjugate your face to my exposed rear. There, you would be forced to inhale my musky gasses for all time.
>>
Is there any reason why RoTK changed Zhang Fei from a competent battlefield strategist historically and into an impulsive, flog-happy drunkard who lost his shit every 5 seconds?
>>
>>1218816
Imagine the smell
>>
>>1218837
Well, the historical records do report he was a brutal and violent men that abused his subordinates, so the novel probably decided to play that up and come up with an excuse for "why" he was brutal and violent.

It is perhaps also worth mentioning that the novel may also have been a "reaction" toward earlier Song era stories which tended to favor Zhang Fei the most of out of the "three brothers," with later storytellers trying to "correct" this.
>>
>>1203464
>Could Zhuge Liang have eventually defeated Wei...?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1629153343108.jpg (1019 KB, 2660x2542)
1019 KB
1019 KB JPG
>>1203543
You're next
>>
>>1219055
RUDE
>>
>>1219055
Oh no...
>>
File: Zhenji CocaCola.png (1.46 MB, 1920x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>1219055
Shouldn't he have a Coke, because he's red?
>>
reminder you will never play shinsei
>>
>>1220669
Such a skank.
>>
>>1222232
How does it feel to be so wrong yet also have so much fart inside of you
>>
>>1220669
>>
>>1220669
See, that's the reason you're dead now. Pepsi>>>>>>>shit>>>>>cocacola
>>
Is there any explanation for Liu Bei's bizarre description in the novel? Strange that no one other characters commented on his orangutan arms, elephant ears and eyes located on his temples.

>He stood seven and a half spans tall, with arms that reached below his knees. His ear lobes were elongated, his eyes widely set and able to see his own ears. His face was flawless as jade, and his lips like dabs of rouge.
>>
>>1224418
It's like how having a big nose is associated with liars.
>>
>>1224418
Physiognomy. Anyone who looks different must be special.

The novel didn't make it up from nothing, it's just adding crap and exaggerating original claims from the historical record for the plebs who really believe in the importance physiognomy.
>>
>>1224452
I wonder why.... mmmmm?
>>
File: theboys.jpg (276 KB, 1200x557)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>1224418
I think it's there to tell you that he's a special boy destined to do great things, I know that the earlobe thing in particular signifies wisdom (also see Buddha's ears for example) so the rest are also probably physical qualities that were deemed to be good being pushed to their utmost limit, to the point of being downright fantastical to really sell you on the idea of him being exceptional in many ways. A few other important characters also get similar descriptions, like Cao Cao and Zhao Yun also get a special description of their own, and Zhang Fei is like man-bear-panther-pig man by his description while Guan Yu has insane bloodpressure which makes him look red, a sharp look to his eyes and eyebrows that look like nestling silkworms and whatnot.
>>
Is it true that Liu Bei, Zhang Fei, and Guan Yu touched each other's penises, kissed on lips and gave each other poopdick?
>>
>>1225601
Evidence is...murky. Let's go to Zhou Yu's "absolutely platonic but men only" sleepover for the scoop.
>>
>>1225704
>Let's go to Zhou Yu's "absolutely platonic but men only"
Sounds like fun, I'd go
>>
>>1226150
Poopdick, AIDS, and farts in your urethra sounds like fun to you?
>>
>>1225601
Malicious Cao Wei regime slander.
It is known that brother Yide only enjoys having forcible sexual relations with underage women!
>>
>>1225601
No, that's shit made up by modern fujos who can't comprehend the concept of male friendship.
>>
>>1226150
Me too bro. But I'm totally going for the conversation and not the potential man ass smorgasbord.
>>
>>1226337
Shut your male slut mouth, you fucking nipple or I'll end your life and then fart in your body
>>
>Every now and then, Li Jue would invite Guo Si to his room to share a drink with him. He would keep Guo Si beside him for so long, he wouldn't even let Guo Si sleep at his bed in camp. The friends were so close that Guo Si's wife became envious of their fraternal relationship and sought to separate them. One day, when Li Jue sent a box of food for Guo Si, Guo Si's wife had secretly kneaded bean paste and planted it near his food. When she saw her husband reach his hand out to eat it, she immediately warned, "Two-feathered roosters never stand beside one another in one nest. My General, it seems Master Li (Li Jue) has lost faith in you." Her words of caution meant that the bean paste she had made was poison sent by Li Jue. Guo Si believed the deception and couldn't help wonder if Li Jue was going to poison him in their drinking sessions. The friends soon drifted apart from one another.
ROTK is so fucking gay. I hate womans so much
>>
>>1227369
Not gay. The wife suspected Guo Si was having an affair with Li Jue’s maids.
>>
>>1200145

Is there a term for this style of cover/poster ? It doesn't matter what the media in question is, if you put a whole bunch of faces with various levels of transparency over swords, guns, explosions n horses and shit or whatever I'm instantly there
>>
>>1227418
No idea. You see it on a bunch of old movie posters, but I love how Koei does it.
>>
there was a barely alive NA thread on /v/ and it reminded me of this board, I was told to play as Kobayakawa in sekigahara but that sounds like hitler.

give me a second opinion.
>>
>>1227950
Yoshihiro Shimazu in Kyuushu conquest
>>
>>1227394
Shut the fuck up Guo Si, you're a faggot and everyone knows
>>
>>1227950
Suzuki clan on the Kii peninsula. A family with absolutely sick arquebus skills. But you have to fortify quickly or you're toast.
>>
>>1228831
which would you say would be the best starting date there?
>>
>>1228835
Been a while since I played, but you want a scenario where Suzuki Magoichi is of age and able to fight.
>>
>>1203391
Based
>>
Was Lu Bu a bad bitch? Or is that just overexaggerated?
>>
>>1232221
He was smarter than the dumb brute he was portrayed as.
>>
>>1232924
>switches sides three times in one year
>surprised that no one trusts him
Just how dumb did the fiction make him for the historical guy come off smarter?
>>
>>1232945
All the garbage with Daochan for starters.
>>
>>1234093
Diaochan*
>>
File: Ezs6A7QWYAYwkae.jpg (565 KB, 1200x1030)
565 KB
565 KB JPG
>>1238631
Diao chan? DIAOOOOOO CHAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!
>>
>>1239402
Farts*
>>
>>1239402
*farts too hard and pisses pants*
>>
>>1240051
The best of both worlds.
>>
>>1227950
Which NA?
>>
>>1240745
NTA but OP image was Sphere of Influence.
>>
File: 1628181170651.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1440)
426 KB
426 KB JPG
>>1239604
>>1240051
Fuck off Dong Bai
>>
>>1240745
Sphere of Influence
>>
diao chan probably sucked dong zhuo's fat stubby cock
>>
>>1241247
What do you mean by "probably?" She's a fictional character. Fictional characters did whatever people imagined they did.
>>
>>1241520
*farts fictionally*
>>
>>1241521
*farts inside your ass*
>>
>>1241521
*Inhales fictionally*
>>
Why did Zhuge Liang waste time by trying to take the Wu Zhang Plains instead of trying to take Wei?
>>
https://youtu.be/LZLDFRNfumo
Found this dude, most Koei classics orchestral music
>>
>>1246696
*farts orchestratedly*
>>
>>1246696
Thanks bro
>>
>>1247291
*farts*
>>
>>1246696
That battle theme is on fire.
>>
Hey, was thinking of buying 3K 11 with PUK, are the english patches in the discussions page good enough to justify my purchase or should I stick with my vanilla copy?
>>
>>1249018
It's MTL-ish, not just the PUK contents but the base game was retranslated.
>>
>>1249027
oh, I see. Is it tolerable poetry or is it downright deplorable? As long as the basic UI and some diplo messages are translated I'm fine with it overall
>>
>>1249031
Well, it's serviceable at least, but if you're familiar with the base game you should get by just fine. PUK wasn't text heavy to begin with.
>>
File: lumberjack.gif (657 KB, 220x225)
657 KB
657 KB GIF
>>1200145
>How many jobs will Anon have gone through before this one hits limit?
After like 3 months of fruitless job searching I got into one of the best preschool chains to work for in the country as a floating teacher. It's still preschool so it's gonna still be hard and long days and suck a little bit but I can tell already that they're a lot better than the rest of the shitholes ones I've worked in and they're paying for me to become accredited to teach preschools so I'll make more money and then once I'm accredited I'm going back to college to finish a degree.

We're all gonna make it, bros.
>>
>>1250137
Koei/Job bro, I am thoroughly happy for you.
>>
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 529x300)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I love this lil' nigga' like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>1250460
At Fǔ he (Liu Bei) held a great gathering, setting up wine and making merry, and said to (Pang) Tǒng: “Today’s gathering can be said to be merry.”

Tǒng said: “Attacking another man’s state and believing it joyous is not the warfare of the benevolent.”

Xiānzhǔ was drunk, and angrily said: “[Zhōu] Wǔ-wáng attacked [Shāng] Zhòu[-wáng], first singing and afterward dancing. Was he not benevolent? Your words are improper, and you should get out!”

Therefore Tǒng immediately left.

Xiānzhǔ (Liu Bei) was regretful, and asked him to return. Tǒng returned to his previous seat, but at first did not look back or apologize, and ate and drank as usual. Xiānzhǔ said: “In that conversation, who was wrong?”

Tǒng answered: “You and I were both wrong.” Xiānzhǔ greatly laughed, and feasted merrily as before.
>>
>>1250137
Wow, we have all improved so much in all this time! except Zhenjibro . I have a job too, it's not the best in the world but it pays me well and allows me to save up to buy figures and travel.
>>
File: Oichi being bullied.png (296 KB, 274x442)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>1251967
You're not wrong, but wow rude
>>
>>1251967
Um..excuuusseee me? *Farts*
>>
>>1252011
*farts*
>>1252381
*farts*
>>
>>1252011
Hey! It's not my fault that you're a fucking failure, I would help you and cheer you up if we were irl friends but we're not. You live in korea with a Korean mother who's always talking really loud and I don't live in Korea

>>1252381
*farts louder*
>>
Are there no fan-tls for Iron Triangle or Rise to Power? Might buy them so my life is complete, after playing ROTK 11 PUK.
>>
>>1253539
There's no english translation for PUK or the PC version. You have to use the ps2 emulator if you want to play the game in english
>>
bump
>>
>>1253591
There is in fact a partial English patch for the PC version, though I've never been able to make it work with any versions of the game I've been able to find online.
>>
If that's the case, I'll stick with Tendou and bear with the translation. 11 PUK's fun atleast
>>
File: Hitler Zhenji marry 2.png (1.85 MB, 1366x768)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>1252976
I-I don't live in Korea... I live in Canada!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1254645
Makes sense. After what your people did to Pearl Harbor, it would be awkward living in America.
>>
>>1254534
Tendou is the best NA of the bunch.
>>
>>1254645
>spoiler
Ew my condolence
>>
>>1254645
Drive your car with the headlights on during the day, eh? *farts*
>>
>>1254645
You really should stop doxxing yourself Kim
>>
>>1254689
I wish we could put all of that behind us...
>>1254815
Thank
>>1255060
Ehhhh
>>1255171
>implying my surname isn't Gongsun
>>
>>1255279
>Gongsun
Oh wow! So you're fucking scum! I'm going to be your Yuan Shao
>>
>>1255345
N-no I didn't mean it
Wait, there's the unrelated Liaodong Gongsuns too, Gongsun Du, Kang, and Yuan were alright. And they bullied Goguryeo too, maybe my surname IS Gongsun, you'll never know.
>I'm going to be your Yuan Shao
But that's not who killed Gongsun Zan and his family.
>>
>>1255371
>But that's not who killed Gongsun Zan and his family
No, that would be you
>>
File: Cai_Yong_29.jpg (469 KB, 2480x3508)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
What the fuck was Cai Yong's deal? I'm reading through Three Kingdoms and I'm also listening to an audiobook of it, it didn't hit me when I read it but his situation is pretty nonsensical.
It's made very clear that Dong Zhuo was just using him when he promoted him several times as he did it on Li Ru's advice for bettering his own personal PR, there was no real affection or even recognition of Cai Yong's talents at play. He even threatened to exterminate Cai Yong's family if he didn't accept the promotions, so why was Cai Yong so fond of him to to the point where he publicly draped over his body and cried over his death? The emphasis in this chapter is on Wang Yun going overboard and having Cai Yong executed for what is a minor offense at best and he did it despite the advice of his contemporaries which is fine, but Cai Yong's affection for the Dong just makes no sense to begin with.
>>
>>1255816
>Cai Yong admitted his error in crying after seeing Dong Zhuo’s dead body, saying, “I am without talent, yet know what is right. I am not the man who turns my back on the dynasty and toward Dong Zhuo. Yet once I experienced his kindness, and I could not help mourning for him. I know my fault is grave, but I pray you regard the reasons. If you will leave my head and only cut off my feet, you may use me to continue the History of Han, whereby I may have the good fortune to be allowed to expiate my fault.”
Seems like Cai Yong wasn't actually particularly fond of Dong Zhuo, but he felt like mourning him was the right thing to do just because Dong Zhuo treated him nicely.
>>
>>1255816
Expressing mourning for a condemned enemy of the state can be a powerful public moral statement or a political statement.

Cai Yong mourning Dong Zhuo is fictitious, but the storyteller who created it probably wanted to copy other famous instances of "righteous mourning" in the history books, despite the fact that it doesn't make as much sense in this context (for one thing, the historical mourners tend to not get executed in order to show the state's magnanimity)
>>
which dynasty warrior has the meatiest dick?
>>
File: eaggbullyingtwg.webm (2.94 MB, 700x392)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>1205205
>Lu Lingqi
>>
Rotk xiv (Du) fag here if the guy who tipped me about officers was hoping for an update,i apologize I kinda just forgot bout the game.I'll see if I can muster up some willpower to start it up again.
Also holy shit the Domestic officers like Kong Rong,Liu Biao are swallowing Central-Central South china.
Cao Cao's fucking gone.
>>
>>1256580
I can't believe we're fucking dead bros...
>>
File: Liu_Bei.jpg (13 KB, 256x256)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>1256612
>Cao Cao's fucking gone
Good riddance
>>
>kongming.net still fucking broken after two years
Did the admins just give up on it? What a waste.
>>
>>1256790
*Farts*
>>
>>1257011
*farts*
>>
>>1255458
Wow
>>
>>1256792
Koei stuff is too niche nowadays to have a dedicated website about it. What's even to talk about? It's been total silence sicnce the shinsei release, no news, no nothing.
>>
>>1257735
It's nothing that an old scool Uncharted Waters or updated Genghis Khan wouldn't fix.
>>
>>1257735
Yeah, about the shinsei, did it do good? Good enough to warrant an english release and a new game?
>>
>>1257735
I think Kongming's Archives actually stopped covering the games quite a long time ago. There was some discussion at the forums, but as far the site was concerned there were no new games after like ROTK XI.
The actual reason it's apparent demise is regretable is because it was a really great
general resource in english for Three Kingdoms stuff. Translated Sānguó Zhi biographies, comprehensive biographies with more recent sources, family trees, etc. SoSZ was a cool place for discussion as well, even if a bit dead like most of the forums are. Nowadays most more scholarly stuff as far as amateur discussion goes is the domain of the tumblr scholars clique.
>>
"Man who run behind car get exhausted, man who run in front of car get tired." - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War
>>
NA: Tendou question.
How many ninja villages is considered acceptable so my towns don't revolt against me? I came up with 3 for 10, 4 for 15, 5 for 20
Also, is it worthwhile to stack warrior culture buildings?
Lastly, is it possible to rush for officers and territory early game? I might do that if I understand the squad building mechanic a bit better.
>>
>>1258209
Also struggling pretty hard as the Shimazu, I can't seem to capture villages while the AI can do it at will, and I don't have a good grasp at the combat yet
The Sagara have beaten me to the punch against the Ito so they're roughly equivalent to me yet seem to destroy me everytime
>>
>>1258393
My brother in Amaterasu,post some screenshots onegai.
>>
>>1258209
>How many ninja villages is considered acceptable so my towns don't revolt against me? I came up with 3 for 10, 4 for 15, 5 for 20
If you worry about revolts, it's better to only recruit at the very start and the very end of Summer and Winter. The new month's loyalty restore would significant reduce the chance of revolt.

>Also, is it worthwhile to stack warrior culture buildings?
What are the warrior culture buildings again? It's been a while since I last played Tendou

>Lastly, is it possible to rush for officers and territory early game? I might do that if I understand the squad building mechanic a bit better.
It's pretty impossible to rush officers since the success for Entice Plot is way too low even with tons of ninja villages.
You can rush territories though, there's a formation with very fast mobility just for that purpose, or you could use supply units with 0 troops to save supplies if you're tight on budget. The strategy is more to delay the growth of the enemy more than anything though, since the enemy will just send troops to take over the territories a few days later.
Or if you have enough officers, you can bum rush tons of barracks, recruit troops a few times (the more barracks you have the more troops you can get with one recruitment) and then rush the enemy before they finished developing.
>>
>>1259102
>What are the warriors culture buildings again?
I think they are the tea houses if I remember correctly.

>>1258627
The situation is basically I have the Kimotsuki in my grasp before 1537 or 1538 most of the time. After taking them, I find it pretty hard to take either the Ito or Sagara every single time due to the Otomo going in against the Sagara, the Sagara taking over the Ito and pushing into Shimizu, prompting me to dig in in another save but the ensuing battles are a slog and aren't decisive.
>In all honestly I can't seem to screenshot in fullscreen mode with Tendou

Should I wait until 1545 for guns and the Shimazu brothers? Or should I use culture to train my generals? I was contemplating to use direct control in order to btfo the Sagara but I don't think there's manual control in this game.
Lastly why does the AI manage to capture my towns but I have to disconnect them first then move in?
All in all I really love this game, reminds me a lot of ROTK 11 and a better Sphere of Influence.
>>
>>1259789
Update, I have just finished my campaign against the Sagara and have 4 castles under the Shimazu banner. It's 1542 and I was contemplating another attack up north against the Otomo but they have managed to recruit Tachibana Dousan which just wrecked my 30k with his measly 18k. Despite outnumbering them with 50k troops I walk away from the battle with nothing but 10k losses and them suffering not a single scratch.
The Otomo have 5 castles now due to killing the Arima very quickly, so I have to kill their underbelly before they can amass a bigger army than me. This might turn out to be a war of attrition which I might not win.
Good news, though, guns are in play now but I have to rebuild my market areas so I can produce guns.
>>
>>1257735
> https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/koeiwarriors/
> Just a bunch of boomers talking about how bad new games are
> If there are two posts a week it's busy
Sorry but most "active" DW/Koei are on reddit.
>>
>>1260074
Even then it's mostly DW9 stuff, which I don't get.
>>
>>1259989
Can you learn gun tactics like in Iron Triangle? Like the firing line and quick load techniques?
>>
>>1260124
>Even then it's mostly DW9 stuff, which I don't get.
People in denial ?
>>
>>1259989
>Tendou
Japanese/fan translation?
>>
>>1260601
UI tl, from what I've gotten in the threads before this I believe a year ago. I mostly rely on audio cues, old Sphere of Influence advisor quotes, and understanding the Japanese phrasing in order to understand what mostly happens to me. I use also Google Lens from time to time to understand shit like the disclaimer before starting the game (Do you believe that Kenshin Uesugi was a woman? and etc.)
>I thought that was Ranmaru for a second
>>
You know what, not going to attack them anymore. I literally outnumber them but when Tachibana Dousan has 107 lead and I can only must people in the 70s and 80s I'm not going to win. It is infuriating because I can't manual control this except for surprise attacks.
>>
>>1260663
Can't just bait him out and then wreck shit in his absence or I am being too BigBrain right now?
Captcha : GAAGGT
>>
>>1260705
Nope, it has it's sights on me despite a big Ouchi threat up north. Built up a stockpile of guns and cavalry and assembled a cav force consisting of Sagara generals with A and B aptitudes, while a main force with guns and cannon wait from behind.
I immediately march and try to provoke a battle
>Cav didn't hold that well at all against Tachibana Dousetsu (wasn't Dousan my mistake), retreats
>Cannon tried providing fire support along with my gunners, but it couldn't kill Dousetsu's troops quick enough despite my lvl 1 tech providing additional damage.
>Had to quit for now.
I originally thought I could utilize the Tanegashima's S gun aptitudes, instead, got destroyed again.
Seriously, I might just go Otomo next playthrough. I'm beginning to hate Tachibana.
>>
>>1257738
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1587385534518743040?s=20&t=anCxCX7TVZr73DSm1zUJJw
It sold around 200k, and that sounds pretty good considering the game is unavailable for the majority of the world.
>>
>>1256792
So I am someone in contact with James, site admin, and it was an CQL update that fucked with the entire site code. He has had a mess of personal issues that made tending to the issue next to impossible, but he did provide an update on Facebook that he is trying to work on getting the site back up.

Initially there was a discord server formed by the other mods with his semi-blessing as a continuation of the Forum, but that more-so merged with r/threekingdoms and they drove off/banned a few of the older members that were pretty invaluable through some really poor moderation. Now that discord is mostly dead, much like the website.

The Three Kingdoms tumblr clique also sort of died in the last year. Archlich posted less and less, Daolun quit, the translators all sort of went radio silent too.

Mostly I just play ROTK games at this point so I don't really dip my head into any communities other than here and the occasional /v/ threads that pop up about ROTK or DW. I miss SoSZ a lot and I hope it comes back, but I am not sure what the modern version would resemble.
>>
>>1260724
Just take away his wheelchair bro
>>
>>1261604
>the translators all sort of went radio silent too.
Most of them are "going pro," focusing more on self-publishing polished and annotated translations instead of churning out short janky ones for free. A set of Shu translations should be coming out next year.
>>
>>1261604
>Daolun quit
Isn't he still posting translations at substack or something?
>>
>>1262837
Yes. He also created a new tumblr, but I'm not going to post it here since I'm pretty sure the reason he "quit" was because he was getting harassed on his old tumblr.

In general I think it's more like the community members "moved" rather than "quit."
>>
>Despite earning less than me and having few airlines routes in Europe still managed to take away my spot as #1.

How do you retain having the highest passenger count? Do I really have to sacrifice lowering the fare just to do so?

Also, Aerobiz Supersonic is surprisingly addictive.
>>
>>1263239
*farts*
>>
>>1262831
>>1262837
>>1262842
Not sure where the harassment thing came from, but not that wasn't why I deleted my tumblr. Hi, me Daolun man. I deleted it at the time because I didn't really have much of a desire to be there at the time. I created a new one to basically just give another platform to post my translations from substack on.

Tumblr is daolunstranslations
Substack is daolun

I mostly kept to small circles on discord with the occasional appearance to correct something on twitter or reddit, but aside from that it has mostly just been keeping to myself and posting translations. Every desire to "combat wrong information" is sort of gone. I just want to bring new info to the english speaking world now. Let folks discover it on their own or not. I'm old now.

>>1261604
The translators are all still around, we're just busy being nerds. TCS is working on a huge academic project, Jack has his second translation book, BookOfJin still puts out stuff frequently on tumblr, I am lazy and translate at a retardedly slow pace. There are some newer people that popped up on tumblr that I'm pretty sure are from the discord mentioned here. I think(?) one of them is in the ROTK1994 project too. Could be wrong.

Also totally unrelated, anyone know where to get a working copy of ROTK XI? The one I bought years ago is no longer accessible sadly. I liked campaign posting.
>>
>>1263329
Do you have a Steam account? I could gift you XI.
>>
>>1263373
Isn't the stream verison JPN only? Thought the English patch didn't work with it.. could be bad intel.
>>
>>1263329
Maybe not what you are looking for, but you can find a W10 portable version + patched version of ROTKXI PUK here:

https://oldgame01.com/weeB
>>
>>1263239
Open new routes
>>
>>1263458
Not the anon, but there's a usable one in the steam discussions page that works. Don't use the one where you download some media file and gay ass shit pops up.
It uses the ROTK 11 base english tl and videos.
I haven't played the new scenarios though but they might be translated.
>>
>>1263631
Already did yet somehow my rival in SE Asia managed to overtake me despite having only having 2 routes and I have 8 of them.
>>
>>1263570
>>1263907
Interesting. I'll look into it then, thanks! Feel like it's been forever since I played but it's really only been a little around a year. Always a fun game, though very limited.

>>1263239
>Aerobiz
Man. Maybe the most underrated KOEI games ever made, I love those for some odd reason. They're so damn fun.
>>
File: vgh.....png (954 KB, 999x698)
954 KB
954 KB PNG
Finally figured out how to screenshot this, at the cost of shutting the game down many times.
As you can see, I've managed to establish a foothold in Honshu against the Imagawa. The two castles near them were originally Amago territory but after a maddening restart in that the siege by the Imagawa flipped every castle towards them, I've discovered that I can actually use submission now, so I've forced them to submit which flipped their territories to me at the cost of one castle which I wasn't going to hold anyways.

I already planned to attrition them but looking at my generals, I might not last long. Am I doomerposting because I don't want to fight this behemoth slugging match? I have the means to contest them, I just don't want to due to the sheer effort it takes. Like I have Mori, Chosokabe, Hosokawa, Otomo, Tachibana generals and the Shimazu brothers in play, but Imagawa has Takeda, Oda, Suzuki, Azai and Asakura generals on his side.

So far this is what climbing the early game doing a rush strategy got me. Food was essential early game as I didn't have enough farms to supply my forces. I love this game but the imbalance just forces me to rush things.
>>
>>1263927
>Dat crazy fucker coming in hot from Hokkaido
>>
Playing Gemfire on Mega Drive. Very cozy.
>>
>>1264657
The winter season theme,peak comfy
>>
>>1264732
Winter themes in KOEI games are always pretty cozy. ROTK XI's winter and autumn themes are some of the most relaxing shit.
>>
Oh shit. Apparently a flock of sheep in China have walked in a circle for two weeks now. It's not exactly like the " roosters laying eggs " tale, but this animal tomfoolery is quite concerning nonetheless.
https://web.archive.org/web/20221119055524/https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/a-flock-of-sheep-has-been-walking-in-a-circle-for-12-days-and-nobody-knows-why-weird-203957793.html
>>
>>1264849
The comments gave me Covid,thanks.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0J_2Ct2f3o4
>>
Anyone have any impressions on this game?
>>
>>1263909
I love Aerobiz. I used to rent it all of the time when I was a kid.
>>
>>1264849
The mandate has been lost.
>>1264933
This is oddly nostalgic despite never playing the game.
>>1264939
I've heard nothing good, and the people who have played it are salty it took away Tactics 3 from us. If you never played Tactics 1 and 2, do it. Kessen 2 as well if you want SLIGHTLY similar gameplay, but more story driven that is wacky fun.
>>1265031
Had Supersonic as a kid due to my oldest brother and it was such a fun ass game. It's one of those insanely relaxing things I found as a kid that I could spend all day playing and not realize it was night time.
>>
youtube.com/watch?v=M-1f7bTf9nc
>>
posting ost's?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCFHt3aLUu4
>>
What's everyone opinion regarding this game?
>>
>>1266008
You lucky dog. Battles are kind of ass, but the rest is legit.
>>
>>1265502
>>1265953
Based
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oRj1ffSBdE
>>
>>1266008
The second one I ever played, first was V. Love it, but the the battles are the weakpoint. Though that is common for the series.
>>
File: shimazu ambition.png (1.05 MB, 984x687)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
Another week of playing a Shimazu game and it's always the Imagawa that fuck with me late game. Tried my hardest to rush towards Central Japan but the Imagawa have managed to get a foothold every time.
Might start an Oda playthrough so I can shut down the Imagawa before they do anything.
Sphere of Influence kinda solved this early blob issue with a lot of castles and clans somewhat staying alive but late game is still a massive slugging match.
>>
>>1266593
Jap/fan tl anon here,Console(ps2?),emulator or PC
>>
File: Zhuge Liang AA rain.png (1.43 MB, 1920x1080)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>be romance and myth/game-only retard
>think Kongmeme is the hot shit
>realize he's not a wind god saint irl
>hate him bc he's gay and didn't think history or supply lines existed
>actually read anything about the history
>h-he was probably around as moral if not fucking better than Romance
>some of the Benevolence/11 INT "made-up dogshit from the Romance" stories are real and played for straight
>numerous other gems unmentioned by mainstream
>"I am unable to hold back my tears and I do not know what to say."
When did you realize you were Kongmemed?
>>
>>1266598
PC. You can probably dig this in the thread archives if you so wish, if it even got saved.
>>
>>1266731
>be a romancefag
>think zhang liao is cool as hell
>become a recordsfag
>reaffirmed in thinking zhang liao is cool as hell
>>
File: E9pWfLyWYAIHgRz.jpg large.jpg (503 KB, 1429x2048)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>be a romancechad
>know zhong hui is based
>become a recordschad
>know zhong hui is even more based
>>
>>1266731
>think Guan Yu is the best because of Dynasty Warriors
>think Guan Yu is the worst because of people criticizing Guan Yu's stolen valor and excessive worship
>think Guan Yu is actually a significant figure of the period worthy of a moderate amount of praise due to the important role he played during Liu Bei's early years and rise to prominence
>>
File: Zhenji designs updated.jpg (727 KB, 1830x1059)
727 KB
727 KB JPG
>be a DWfag
>was excited to play Lianshi but her DW8 moveset was no good
>think Zhenji is divine
>get into some of the history
>absolutely baffling as to why she died
>still proclaim her divinity
Zhenji is great

>>1266813
>Neb Ru
>>1266979
I still like Jiang VVei a lot more, but Zhong Hui was still a hell of a guy.
>>1267066
I personally dislike Guan Yu bc "lost Jing province", but he still looks very cool and his historical/Romance positives are pleasant
>>
>>1266731
>When you debatin' Wu scholars and da DMT hits
>>
>>1267139
You dislike Guan Yu because he lost Jing, but still like Jiang Wei despite losing the entire Shu/Han/Shu-Han dynasty?
If I understood you correctly, you're a goddamn nipple, dude. Like, damn.
>>
>>1267139
I really love her DW4 design, pure sovl. Hated the amount tits 7 and 8 shoved me in.
>>
>>1267066
Based
>>1267139
>Hating Marquis Zhuàngmù
>>1267211
Nippleposter is everywhere!
>>1267445
DW3>DW4>DW6>>>>>>>>>DW9>DW5>DW7>DW8
>>
>>1267505
>DW6>>>>>>>>>Anything
A post so stupid only Ma Su could've penned it.
>>
File: ning sui.png (105 KB, 250x250)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>1267511
First off, Ma Su died at Jieting. I am Ning Sui.
Secondly, it was costume rankings. Although if I had to rank the games, 6 would be second best. :)
>>
>>1267512
Yes, the very same game that turned everyone into Saint Seiya cosplayers? Have we played the same game? At least older games, though garish, were inspired by Peking Opera costume.
>>
>>1267517
How does Zhen look anything like a Saint Seiya character in DW6?
>>
File: Zhang_He_-_DW6S.png (1.22 MB, 1800x1800)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>1267518
Yes.
>>
>>1267523
Nice job picking the wrong person.
>>
>>1267540
Nope, same person.
>>
>>1267505
I don't know how anyone could consider anything but DW3 the peak of the series unless they didn't play it.

This is going to sound like a controversial shitpost, but I honestly believe to this day it has the most replay value.
>>
Hopefully today I will get to publish my Jiang Wei translation, very excited for that. Makes me want to hop back into one of the older ROTK games and save the Han. Any suggestions? Don't say X.
>>1267668
YOU NIPPLE!
>>1267814
Recently replayed 3, 4 and 5. 4 is still hated by me, I don't like it one bit. 5 grew on me, I didn't play it much as a youngin. 3 is still wonderful and some of the stages are still absolute standouts. Currently playing 3XL for the first time and uhh.... it's a thing.
>>
>>1267814
DW3 is good, but, to me, DW5 got the most right. Also, I find DW5's combat to be more fluid than DW3's combat.
>>
File: Jiang Wei meatbun.png (1.56 MB, 1298x1734)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>1267163
wow
>>1267211
I'm going to fart on you, exacerbating a Worsening due to a character flaw isn't the same thing as "dealing with an uncooperative state/factions but still doing your best with your immense amount of talent and frens who are still immensely loyal to you because you're a wonderful person"
>>1267445
I'm partial to 8 because it's what I started off with, but it's probably the worst design other than 3 imo, because it's tacky. 5, 6, and 9 are comfy, I get what you mean about 7 but I am only human
>>1267505
Kwan Yee Gor was a nipple
>>1267840
>Hopefully today I will get to publish my Jiang Wei translation, very excited for that.
I'm very excited too! Finally the world will know... The Truth.
>>
>>1267950
Did the Shu dynasty fall because Jiang Wei wanted to lure the Wei army into the mountains with the plan of dealing them a massive blow?
If my understanding is correct, what was Jiang Wei's plan after the Wei army was dealt a major defeat? Because the Shu dynasty expanding past the mountains seems like a bad idea since Wei would still be bigger.
>>
>>1267999
Here, a preview to address your question about his planning.

>Previously, Xiānzhǔ left Wèi Yán to defend Hànzhōng, and created many encampments for soldiers to resist outer enemies; if the enemies came to attack, they were not able to enter. Reaching to the Xīngshì Campaign, Wáng Píng defeated Cáo Shuǎng, all through following this system. [Jiāng] Wéi sent up a proposal, believing: "It is mistaken to only defend the various encampments, for though it accords with the meaning of the Zhōuyì's defense of Double Gates, it is acceptable for resisting the enemy but not obtaining great benefits. Superior planning is, when hearing of the enemy’s arrival, to have the various encampments all keep soldiers and hoard grain, retreating to the cities Hàn and Lè so that the enemy cannot enter the plains, and we all must strengthen the passes and defend to withstand them. On the day of the invasion, we should order the mobile army advance and observe their weaknesses. The enemy may attack, yet gain no grain nor find any grain, forcing them to transport their provisions one thousand lǐ, then they will be succumb to fatigue. When the day of retreat comes, we shall let forth our soldiers from these two cities and strike as one unified force with the mobile armies. This is the method of eradicating our enemies." Therefore, [Jiāng Wéi] ordered Hànzhōng Commander Hú Jì to enforce Hànshòu, Army Supervisor Wáng Hán to defend Lèchéng, Army Protector Jiǎng Bīn to defend Hànchéng, and also at Xī'ān, Jiànwēi, Wǔwèi, Shímén, Wǔchéng, Jiànchāng, Línyuǎn all were to have encircling defenses.
>>
File: otomo ambition.png (2.5 MB, 1683x725)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
Finally done though ashamedly with the Otomo as the Kampaku. Game lagged in the end despite the lack of clans. (Hojo remained along with the Nanbu after we've btfo'd the Imagawa to hell and back)
I thought combat would lack manual input but I was a brainlet for marching in low valor generals against high valor ones. The Nanbu put up a fierce fight despite me having 500k troops for the three castles up north, and only surrendered when I made sure they had no way to win anymore.
I really love the submit button for this game, Motonari was my diplomat in making them surrender.
This was really fun despite the Imagawa and Date powerhouses at the 1534 start date.
Despite this, I still have some questions such as what gold exactly does and is it literally just 11 officers unlocked? I wanted to have Yasuke on my side for diversity hiring.
Also, next playthroughs might be another redux of my redux of the Shimazu campaign, but I tend to stick with factions that had a legitimate chance to become shogun for larp reasons.
>>1267840
4 is basically for masochists. I remember playing Guan Yu on hard without having items plus base stats and it was a traumatizing experience. Hated him onwards even in the Orochi games except for post DW6 era, where he actually became kind of tolerable without being slow and cringe.
>>
>>1267999
I'm such a simp for Liu Bei, it's unreal.
>>
>>1268005
This confirms my general understanding of Jiang Wei's plan was correct. Thank you for the detailed information.
Didn't this plan fail because he underestimated the size of the Wei army?
>>1268463
I like how Total War portrayed him in his character trailer, which acts as a synopsis of his character: He helps a common man to his feet, which symbolises his perception as being for the common people; when he falls all his men help him stand, which symbolises his constant struggle and the loyalty of his men.
The Zhang Jiao character trailer was good, too. Portraying him in a virtuous light, which I hadn't seen done before.
Here's a link to the aforementioned Liu Bei's character trailer, if you feel like watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UhSsPhIpqM
>>
>>1268643
>Thank you for the detailed information.
My pleasure. I've translated his entire biography here with annotations. https://daolun.substack.com/p/translation-jiang-wei-sanguozhi-443

>Didn't this plan fail because he underestimated the size of the Wei army?
No, Jiang Wei knew the exact size and petitioned for more reinforcements which barely arrived in time due to Huang Hao trusting in magic that told him they wouldn't reach the capital, thus the invasion wasn't a worry. Jiang Wei's defensive plan had worked for the most part, but the defection of Jiang Shu, the surrender of Jiangyou and Zhuge Zhan's loss at Mianzhu were not things he could account for and all piled up. Jiang Wei had successfully stopped Zhong Hui's 120k army in it's tracks at Jiange, but Deng Ai's clever maneuvering of unused pathways let him take Jiangyou by surprise. Zhuge Zhan further made tactical blunders in engaging Deng Ai on flat ground, losing his vanguard and then perishing at Mianzhu.

In a weird twist of irony, Huang Hao was right. Deng Ai never did reach the capital of Han. Liu Shan surrendered miles from the city. Deng Ai arrived to the Wei city of Chengdu.

>>1268463
Of the three foundation layers of Liu Bei, Cao Cao and Sun Quan, I prefer Liu Bei the most. His charisma saw him lead men from a ragtag band to the Imperial Throne.
>>
>>1268696
>they wouldn't reach the capital
>tfw magic was right all along
Also great job/thank you for the translation finally, ohhh
>>
Tried playing RotTK1, but got filtered by interface. Is there no way to click on the province you want, and you need to go through each one of them every time?

Also, how do I split armies between generals? I sent 4 generals with X troops into a neighbouring province, and they got uneven amount of soldiers.
>>
>>1270179
You should just start with 3 or the earliest 2.
>>
>>1200145
I don't lurk these threads on the regular, but Chaos Galaxy is super fun, and it's basically a love letter to the older KOEI style strategy games. Strongly recommend.
>>
>>1270969
It does look interesting. Wish Koei would get on the remake bandwagon and do Uncharted Waters.
>>
>>1271310
>and do Uncharted Waters
Anon, I...
>>
File: Spoiler Image (12 KB, 140x138)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1271310
>>1271717
>>
>>1271800
Oh dear lord.._Ali? Oh no..
>>
File: 1_RTv5xGd.jpg (132 KB, 700x351)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>1272140
Ahoy! Anon and welcome aboard! We have such horrors to show you!
>>
>>1271800
*farts*
>>
>>1266008
played this on psx emu like 20 year ago
had fun
>>
>>1271310
>>1271717
>>1271800
>Uncharted Waters
Horizon's Gate is a fantasy copy cat of this plus some tactical cpombat
>>
File: 1669843240135.jpg (438 KB, 2340x1080)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
Downloaded on my phone to play during work
Having fun in the last escenario
>>
File: 1669844123144.jpg (491 KB, 2340x1080)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
>>1273675
I won without losing Iwo jima btw
>>
>>1273680
Final Days Scenario? Not bad Anon.Is there anyway to continue a campaign from a scenario?
>>
>>1273732
I think there is not
>>
>>1273675
>>1273680
I want to learn PTO but it's daunting.
>>
>>1273680
How did you save Iwo? Even rotating in fresh troops from the mainland get decimated by BBs and Carrier aircraft.
>>
>>1275048
It's just slow, not hard
Play scenarios and mess around since you skip most of the propagation phase which is boring
>>1275173
You have sufficient reserves and troops scattered around to constantly reinforce the base. Manually control the base air force to sink 10th fleet transports that buys you 1-3 days free of bombardment if you sink both they would most likely retreat to refuel and the air strikes become irrelevant after a while
Since the start send your submarines to hunt near Iwo jima they are likely to catch the 6CVL-2DD fleet or the 10th(8BB) fleet both are easy to sunk with them or at least scare away
If you go for the last objective: You can save most of forces around Wewak base by controlling Air forces of Wewak-Rabaul
>>
>>1275443
Thanks. Yeah, I was able to shift out Rabaul's forces with Wewak while supporting them with aerial strikes from Rabaul AF. Really enjoy PTO 2 for the freedom and flexibility it affords in base operations. One time I was even able to get Nagato underway after a few aerial attacks on Tokyo. Can't believe that the damaged hulk made it to Kure in one piece.
>>
>>1270179
> beautiful women 0
>>
>>1275868
It is set in China.
>>
>>1275470
Any way to run the PC port btw?
>>
>>1276101
No idea. Someone else might know and pop in. In the meantime, the Saturn port is great.
>>
I hate Romance of the Three Kingdoms so much it's unreal.
>>
>>1276184
Dong Zhou is that you?
>>
File: RTK14 playtime.jpg (88 KB, 665x373)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>1276184
Same.
>>
>>1276101
You can emulate Windows 3 in DosBox and play it through that. Or you can use ExoWin3.x. Same goes for ROTK 4.

https://www.retro-exo.com/win3x.html
>>
>>1276722
Thank you, Anon.
>>
>>1276678
Based
>>
File: 1670482605652.jpg (391 KB, 2340x1080)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
I managed to archive the last objective
>>
File: 1670482679312.jpg (734 KB, 2340x1080)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>>1279154 (me)
Also rare village bombardment
>>
File: 1670482866876.jpg (582 KB, 2340x1080)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>1279155 (me)
>>
>>1279154
Impressive, japanese campaigns are always tough to win out.
>>
>>1279154
>>1279155
>>1279159
I love stuff like this. Congratulations on the late war victory.
>>
What's a good Oda strategy given their position in Japan? Should I attack towards Kyoto and secure my position there? Or should I push towards Kanto and secure Shinano plus the roads leading to Oshu?
>>
>>1280092
Which NA game? Your first hurtle is going to be Imagawa to the east. Focus on massing an army and gaining support from Dosan Saito. Make an alliance with Tokugawa asap. When you are stable, develop civil and especially firearms. Then strike west and conquer the capital.
>>
>>1280324
Also pray that Takeda can keep Kenshin occupied.
>>
How did Koei fix the slowdown issue in Tendou exactly? I might contemplate buying the game when it goes on sale so I can finally experience the game and alt tab safely.
>>
Koei threads are like a port in a storm.
https://youtu.be/w0MOgc6KnDo
>>
*farts*
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XoDoQiRTi5M
>>
>>1200145
>Which Romance game is the best?
10. The AI is retarded but it's the best execution of the RTK as RPG concept.
>>
Is there a new eng patch for the power up kit of ROTK XI?

Mine looks far too rough to look at unlike pic related.
>>
File: 1668263033728184.gif (3.06 MB, 640x640)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB GIF
>Be me
>Play Warriors Orochi 1
>Third force(yellow) are allies in Orochi series
>Proceed to autisticaly help Third Force guys secure strongholds so they get troops each stage
>>
Well shit. One of my gripes with the SNES version of P.T.O. 2 was the limited range of strategic bombers. But it looks like they're actually useful in the PC version.
>>
>>1281781
How are you running it?
>>
>>1281853
Just got a screen shot from the net, haven't played it. Maybe DOSbox?
>>
>>1281853
https://youtu.be/oBKELpRNA8w
Might help
>>
https://youtu.be/woUvjATNHl0
I like this one
>>
Any good music I can swab the deck to?
>>
>>1283496
The PTO 2 title theme.
>>
>>1283496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0KdbTpNzO0&list=PLA7812E687C3B399E
>>
Any advice for Sphere of Influence? I picked up the game recently and usually hit a wall when I have to start fighting a clan with equal or greater numbers
>>
>>1287302
Who are you playing as? In late game I usually just delegate fighting against big clans to the AI. They can spam back with efficiency and eventually win you the game.
>>
>>1287389
Kenshin starting from the God of War Descends
>>
>>1287396
You're going to need a bit of finesse and patience fighting some manual battles to drop their numbers either below or to your level. I hope you've gotten some good generals at your side? Make sure you don't send low Lead or Valor generals to the opening engagements so you don't get your nose bloodied too much.

You can either win the game by conquering everybody, or capturing Kyoto and getting the Shogun title to proclaim a war ban.
>>
>>1287398
I've been basically just running my face against Shingen, and it hasn't gotten past a castle or two before he takes it back with a bullshit number of troops.
>>
>>1287401
Do you have screenshots so I can get a better grasp of the situation?

Way I see it, you'll be better off letting them come to you first given their numbers then trap them so they don't recover.
>>
https://youtu.be/HFeLiIbHC1g?t=320
Dude is a absolute cuck
>Bad person=bad game
but this part looks interesting
>>
>>1281781
I think is more a AI limitation, it doesn't attack bases and post, you can kill the entire Chinese army by locking them in post and using bombers to destroy them
>>
File: CurrentRun.jpg (260 KB, 1920x958)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>1287403
Pretty much how it's going on my current run
>>
>>1287430
Katsurao's lost for the time being. Do not immediately delegate and create a district unless you're playing on a limited sphere of influence. You'll need to amass your forces instead of being taken out piecemeal such as picrel. Develop your castles for more provisions and soldiers. Once Katsurao is recaptured by the Takeda and you're ready for another takeover, try first to initiate battles with the forces that come to reinforce the castle. You need to gimp the rescue party before moving on the castle itself.

In manual battles, do not engage in 1v1s, always do 2v1s and try to use abilities when needed. If your generals have melee oriented skills or even Defense Up, use them when moving to melee skirmish. It will help drastically in making your units survive the encounter. Prioritize outnumbering the enemy by killing off the low stat generals while isolating the high skill ones.

Once Katsurao's taken, if you have the provisions left, keep Kenshin's Kasugayama troops near Katsurao in anticipation for any further attacks. Once Katsurao's garrison refills, turn back to stop losing food.

If you're still struggling with them, then move east or west. Takeda's no pushover especially with the generals they have. If you move west you can descend on South Shinano by Hida and even Kai itself. If you move east you can go into Kanto and kill them from Kozuke.

All that I can say is that you really need to act quickly and eliminate the major powers such as the Imagawa, Hojo, and Takeda before they can snowball into oblivion. It's also not shameful to restart for a new game.
>>
>>1287447
Also try to use the Uesugi's policy, even if it cuts into your income. If you can handle it of course. I don't know what their's is but the Takeda's buff their cavalry while the Hojo just increases militia.
>>
File: CurrentRun2.jpg (296 KB, 1920x1080)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>1287447
>>1287450
Thanks anon, I managed to take back Katsurao on the crack back after rebuilding a bit. The Uesugi Policy is Unit Speed Never Decreases/Gain more provisions from resupply/razing and lowers labor by 20%. I never know when is a good time to start trying to expand, but given the policy I should probably just be going for very large campaigns instead of going for one castle at a time?

Also, how much of a difference does having cavalry/muskets make?
>>
>>1287469
Knowing when to expand is just a matter of knowing the clan you're up against plus the fronts you're going to open. You're expanding southwards, unto Takeda territory. Your north is covered while the east and west are not. The Takeda are your only enemy to contend with. As they have good generals it is wise to bleed them dry and capture a castle one at a time. It will seriously strengthen you while weakening the Takeda grip. Just keep in mind the other weak clans surrounding you that will try to pounce on you if they see weakness. My priorities when planning for early game campaigns is to ensure I always get generals, since they're an invaluable resource.

Go for short campaigns at the meantime. You're not at the point where you can properly capture a province in one fell swoop. You need good generals to win the battles in every castle - plus to repair and develop it - and supplies to sustain your army since you'll be doing a lot of waiting before going back home.

Cavalry and muskets allows for Charge and Shoot respectively. There's no difference in strategic movement or tactical bonuses in attack (except for clan-specific policies of course) between them from what I remember.
Charge is devastating as it causes confusion plus btfos your enemy. Shoot is the ranged version of Charge and also btfos your enemy. If you have generals that have high aptitudes in Cavalry and Gun then use them respectively.
>>
>>1287424
I was thinking more about the range. Don't think I can hit Manila from Chunking with a strat bomber in the SNES version. If the AI doesn't oblige in PTO 2, you can always take direct control.
>>
Probably the most obscure Koei game
>>
File: SengokuSangoku.jpg (236 KB, 1920x973)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
This took 30 years, I don't think I'm going to make it
>>
>>1288471
You can always restart if your save's doomed.
>>
File: suzuki completed.png (1.23 MB, 1283x748)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
finished a suzuki saika run that someone recommended, it was pretty darn fun honestly, i ahd to get out of my comfort zone and backstab allies while working together with people that i was enemies with. wonder what I should try out next
>>
File: WarBan1.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
Oh thank god this run wasn't a wash. Officer Mode feels a lot easier than Daimyo mode
>>
>>1288273
Looks cool
>>
Anyone actually played the Yellow Turban scenarios and beat it? I'm playing XI.

>Literally a paper tiger faction where everyone besides the Zhang brothers are weak and the lack of rank makes your force underpowered.

>He Jin's force is filled with talented officers and can give them the highest rank possible. He and the other lords can and will bombard you to death with rumours so they can take whatever officers you have as they can easily conquer the map.
>>
>>1289808
As I have the coof and have nothing better to do, I thought I would give this a go after many years.

Step 1 is hiring free officers found in your city. The trick with RTK 11 is to decline the attempt to hire an officer once the search succeeds, as that locks you out of any successful attempts for many years.

>find Cui Yan through search in Ping Yuan and hire him. He has enlist which lets you discover any searchable officers with 100% success rate
>hire Cui Yan and then move Cui Yan and Zhang Jiao to Nan Pi
>keep searching in Nan Pi until you find Yan Liang and Wen Chou. Hire them, along with the literal who officers you discover in the process
>move Cui Yan and Zhang Jiao to Pu Yang and hire Cheng Yu, Yu Jin and Chen Gong
>move Cui Yan and Zhang Jiao to Xu Chang (remove it from its district first) and hire Xun Yu and Zhong Yao. Make Xun Yu your strategist
>use free AP to build markets in Xu Chang and Nan Pi, along with barracks, smiths and stables
>around this time He Jin started sending literal whos after me, which were easy enough to beat
>>
File: 1671751850388.jpg (920 KB, 2340x1080)
920 KB
920 KB JPG
Got to attack a busy post
>>
>>1290315
>118 planes
Please have mercy anon.
>>
File: 1671757079833.jpg (720 KB, 2340x1080)
720 KB
720 KB JPG
>>1290340
Those are shitty G4M, I actually lost 18
>>
>>1203221
>By most accounts, Dong Zhuo was an asshole.
Not sure how much that can be trusted considering how much the chinese love character assassination. Not saying he was a good person or anything, but he was put in a pretty shit position after entering the capital and being asked to hand over his troops by corrupt eunuchs.
>>
>>1290365
My boi, deploy Gingas for maximum effect.
>>
>>1290585
No, he really was that horrible. The fiction is free to play stuff up, but read the historiography; the historians were all desperately trying to be "fair" and having a really hard time because he really was that monstrous.
>>
>>1288995
how does war ban even work
why would anyone listen to what some fuck who happened to capture kyoto has to say
>>
>>1291480
yeah who would listen to the person with the title of shogun and with the most powerful army...
>>
>>1291480
It's because of the emperor and by extension, the marshall rule of the shogun.
>>
>ROTK VI
>Free Officers can sometimes take over one of your cities and the other free officers in the same city may even join him.
>>
>>1293113
Based
>>
>>1290365
Get a G8M or Fugaku.
>>
>>1288273
Also one of the best.
>>
File: 1672361772087.png (12 KB, 256x224)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
That is a good stat line for a cruiser(minus the fact it lacks torpedoes) but being a CL it only has 5 shot range, this made me think that PTO 2 lacking a conversion mechanic is fatal since makes bad cruisers worse
Misiles are still op tho
>>
>>1295769
When your tech is high enough, you can make your own customized cruisers. I do miss the old conversion option from the original P.T.O. though.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (109 KB, 640x907)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>1200145
I wish Koei remaster or at least make a proper PC port for some of their naval warfare games, but I know they're busy swimming in their musou and soulslike money
>>
>>1296011
NavalOps was crazy with it's customization options. Koei had another naval series, but it was untranslated, think it was called "Roar of Steel" or something like that.
>>
>>1296235
waves of steel, the game is really inspired by the warship gunner series. it's going to come out of early access in February. pretty fun if you ignore the graphics and the pozzed stuffs
>>
>>1296883
Thanks for the correction. I've been curious about that game for years.
>>
>>1295769
Pretty good armor for a CL.
>>
File: downfall of wu.jpg (739 KB, 1112x1600)
739 KB
739 KB JPG
Is RTKXIV any good? I'm thinking of picking it up during the sale.
>>
It's 2023 and you still won't get to play Shinsei
>>
File: 1672801474694.png (10 KB, 256x224)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
The fuck this do?
>>
>>1300029
Your ships can radio to your escort planes the altitude and bearing of enemy aircraft, thus making them more effective. Basically you can devote less space on your carriers for escort/CAP planes and more to offensive operations.
>>
>>1300260
Still very vague, you only get to defend once per turn and you still want 4divs for escort every time
>>
>>1300493
It's good for carrier ops. Say you have an escort protecting your flat tops. With the radar, you'll just need say 20 planes instead of 30. Those extra 10 can be sent to attack or escort when you strike a target.
>>
>>1300528
That is not how it works
Is not planes=planes is div=div
You can realistically stop 160 planes with 8 planes divided on 8 divs
>>
>>1300528
Dude did you even play Pacific Theater of Operations 2 by Koei!?
>>
>>1299296
If you like to roleplay and want to immerse yourself in the world of Three Kingdoms yes.

t. >>1276678

RoTK14 is unique in a way that unit power is heavily influenced by friendship bonds of officers leading nearby units. It encourages you to use officers that have personal synergy instead of just powerful officers. For example, Cheng Pu, Han Dang and Huang Gai deployed together will have more powerful units than a combination of Zhang Liao, Xu Huang and Gan Ning.

The game is heavily flawed for having a broken economy and basically being unplayably easy on all but the hardest difficulties which are DLC when you know how to play.
>>
>>1301210
Koei-Chan, I am defeat..
>>
Give me larpable clans
>>
>>1305326
Uesugi
>>
>Play Iron Triangle and choose Oda.
>Loses badly when the Imagawa clan attacks.

How shameful.
>>
>>1305326
1.Play Matsunaga Hisahide.
2. Base all of your decisions on whether it will get you cool trinkets.
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2161440/Sailing_Era/
uncharted waters-like is coming out in 4 hours
>>
File: 1673466959339.png (16 KB, 256x224)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
The numbers... What they mean?
>>
File: 1673494960694.jpg (780 KB, 2340x1080)
780 KB
780 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/ZfQqJRfbPNo
Found this
Looks like officer rank actually determines how effective are the bonuses they give to the fleet
>>
>>1306582
Is that Operation Europe?
>>
>>1306995
Commanders advance in rank? Games almost 30 years old and still finding new stuff. Good find, Anon.
>>
>>1307488
Yes, someone has the manual or something?
>>
>>1307489
Yeah I thought it was just flavor also in Genghis Khan that box with houses and small letters indicate how much workforce you need to dedicate to construction to max it and how efficient is agriculture
>>
>>1307499
It came with a manual?? I think that Ebay guy ripped me off..again.
>>
>>1307499
0-100. Pretty lousy all around. First is petrol, next is ammunition, food, morale, combat ability and last is casualties.
>>
>>1307646
Correction: the last one is fatigue level.
>>
>>1263570
Link goes to a blank page.
What's the trick?
>>
File: 1673621663673.png (16 KB, 256x224)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
https://youtu.be/7tJjaeN_lR4
Where this song plays?
I like this dude
>>
>>1307499
Here's a comprehensive guide:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/570898-operation-europe-path-to-victory-1939-45/faqs/22160
>>
>>1308206
Each country has it's own soundtrack. When the war situation becomes worse, the music changes to a fire tone. That plays when the U.S. is on the ropes, usually when Pearl Harbor is lost.
>>
>>1308211
Dire* not fire
>>
Never really checked out Koei before, so I am a total newb
I love the age of sail and Pirates!, but it was never enough. I like jrpgs well enough and wanted to ask what Uncharted Waters game is best for a new player (To Koei ig). Thanks.
>>
>>1309570
Play 2(new horizons)
>>
>>1309570
Start with the original Uncharted Waters to get your feet wet. If that bores you, go right to New Horizons. You have total freedom in these games, the limits being your ship and supplies.
Costa Del Sol is the crown jewel of the series with land battles, historical figures and a language system. Unfortunately, it hasn't been translated to English.
>>
Anyone here tried the Chinese attempt at making an Uncharted Waters successor?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1856680/_/
How is it?

And yes, naming the game "The Age of Navigation" is the same shit as naming newer Yakuza games "Like a Dragon". Funny way to get around the naming issues.
>>
>>1310091
Don't like the cartoon graphics, but it looks like it has a lot of depth with the ship layouts. Wish someone would make these types of games, but in a realistic style like Costa Del Sol. I liked the parchment-style of Costa, it just need some more detail and color.
>>
>>1310091
I'm enjoying it so far. It seems more detailed than I was really expecting, but I'll admit I wasn't expecting that much. Quality has me impressed considering it's a Chinese game. I haven't explored very far yet.

I started as the Portuguese character and I'm still exploring the Med.
>>
File: 1674067980181.png (10 KB, 256x224)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
The worts sucker in the game
Is there any way to replenish Foreign bases of aircraft?
Those Illustrious need new planes
>>
>>1258170
holy shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lH9P9vDGB4
>>
>>1312648
https://youtu.be/7O_tiYGNXns
>>
>>1312515
Replenish bases under the "Base AF" command. If they are Army bases, however, you can't do anything.
>>
File: 1674142467316.png (12 KB, 256x224)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>1312912
You can't do that
>>
>>1313044
Misunderstood you. Thought you meant bases you conquered. Only option is to let the enemy take it and reconquer it as the navy.
>>
File: 1674184308640.png (16 KB, 256x224)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Playing through all scenarios, American submarines suck, fuck the Mark 14
>>
>>1312515
Tenedos is DD fodder, nothing more. Quick to produce and dies in droves.
>>
File: 1674248038472.png (15 KB, 256x224)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>DD Cummings
>>
>>1314354
He has the coomer eyes
>>
File: 1674273963392.png (11 KB, 256x224)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
I won southern operation
>>
File: 1674274014371.png (11 KB, 256x224)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>1314637
>>
File: 1674274085037.png (11 KB, 256x224)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>1314637
>>1314639
>>
>>1314637
Did you mostly ignore japan and rushed into vietnam? seems like a hard objective.
>>
>>1314656
I spent the first month defending Singapore, Manila and Hong Kong
The Japanese have 2-3 fleets per base to land and bombard
Around Manila you only have 3 fleets of 1C-4DD so you only option is to snipe transports, you can use your subs to prevent the landing force from attacking
Also send some submarines to Hong Kong, Any with +21 speed is good enough
You have a decent fleet(2BB-2CC-3DD)and a crappy fleet(3CC) in Singapore with a very good admiral but English scouts are extremely crappy so you have to use both fleets to try to detect enemies, more English fleets are 4-5 days to reinforce from Colombo
You don't have any forces around Hong Kong so send your submarines and hope army forces resist enough to be reinforced with marine units, you can't send fleets to help because Taipei, Hanoi and Saigon air forces will destroy your ships
You probably will spend about a week organizing your fleets, send your marine from Hawaii to Palmyra by hand because the Ai will get in a traffic jam can cost you a base
>>
>>1314640
What does the medal mean?
>>
>>1314922
Scenario completion, there is one for every short campaign for both sides
>>
>>1315093
Any way to keep playing a scenario after it's successful completion?
>>
>>1315436
No, you can in pto1
>>
holee shit the-scholars.com is back!
>>
>>1315449
Thanks
>>1315797
B-Based
>>
>>1315797
Happy news for once.
>>
Who are the tallest faction? Sturgia?
I know the smallest are Empire. Most of their lords are manlets - can't take them seriously.
>>
>>1316882
>>
>>1314354
What a handsome devil
>>
I'm surprised that Nobunaga's Ambition:Iron Triangle has good AI, given my experience that most Koei games have bad AI.

Even weak clans can put up quite the fight, especially if they have proper towers and an alliance with a stronger clan to back them up.

Also:

>Playing as Oda Clan and slowly expand west, upgrading musket techs to recruit Dragoons.
>Made the mistake of leaving the Saito Clan due to them having two castles and no being hostile, leaving me to focus on attacking the weaker one-castle clans.
>Found out that the Tokugawa are destroyed by the Takeda and a few days later, the Takeda and the Saito launch an all-out attack and my best officers are far west.
>>
Do Shrines exist in ROTK 11 PUK?
>>
https://youtu.be/bthUDK6hrTM
>>
>>1318097
Rise to Power has some vicious AI.
>>
Whats with the balance here? US ships have better anti air capability but Japanese ships don't? Beats the idea of the mitsubishi zeros having higher stats than us counter parts.
>>
>>1318097
>>1318257
Most of the small factions have no officers, they can't really project power.
>>1318097
That was you underestimating The Saito, he's a merchant who killed the former daimyo, has Mitsuhide Akeichi, and Dosan Saito's nickname is "The Viper". You were dumb to not see this coming.
>>
>>1318097
Not good, but Shinsei apparently has very aggressive AI that would make your life miserable if you play as small clans.
>>
File: 1668464129971163.jpg (96 KB, 500x500)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>NA Ascension
>get promoted to castle chamberlain
>keep my previous domain along with managing the castle
>stockpile gorillions of gold, supply, wood, and iron from a built-up domain and now a castle's domain
>get promoted to Lord
>lose all of my stockpiled resources and both of my built-up domains, have to start from scratch with the castle town
>don't even have any vassals to help with the workload of managing the castle, its domain, the surrounding tribes, etc.
>Nobunaga comes barreling into my shit-fief and besieges my castle
>can't muster up my soldiers because they're stuck in the castle
>can't call for help, two neighboring lords sally out to break the siege but get heem'd by Nobunaga, Shibata Katsuie, and Oichi's hilarious stats and troop counts
>lose the castle without even getting to fight a siege battle
>get kicked back in another lord's service with another shit-domain
>repeat
pain
>>
File: Screenshot 1983.png (2.69 MB, 1279x965)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB PNG
>Finally conquer the Saito and even beat back the Takeda reinforcements.
>Slowly build up for a while.
>Tokugawa asks for reinforcements because the Takeda are kicking their asses.
>Agree and properly do so.
>Decide to attack the nearby Fortress to stop their attacks but failed and lost almost all of my food.
>Pic related happens.
>Takeda decides it's good time to attack the already weakened Tokugawa as well.

Why is Oda considered easy again?
>>
>>1319807
>Kenshin Uesugi
The pain train a comin'.
>>
>>1310091
>>1311520
Oops. I somehow thought you had linked Sailing Era, which had just come out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2161440/Sailing_Era/

I should clarify that Sailing Era is pretty good. Nice production value. No idea about Age of Navigation. Hope I didn't encourage you to buy it, it doesn't look all that crisp. It's funny that there were two New Horizons-esques to come out of China in the past year. It seems like the Chinese may actually care more about the Shibusawa fan audience than the Japs have for years. And more than that, they are actually assed to serve the Western audience too. Strange times

What will be the next niche historical franchise or theme to get the Chinese knock-off treatment?
>>
>>1319908
I'm enjoying Sailing Era as well. The only downsides for me are the controls during battles and the dumb gacha to build ships.
>>
>>1319918
>the controls during battles
Assign some crew mates to the mast and the steering room, it makes the control less insufferable.
>>
>>1320337
Already did that. I'm playing with Yun Mu and I assigned her bodyguard to the steering room and the arabian kid to the mast. I still avoid fighting even after unlocking better ships because of how annoying battles are and also because I want to avoid the risk of having my ships sunk. The ageing mechanic for ships is interesting, but damn they get old fast.
>>
Does Iron Triangle have any Rock-Paper-Scissors hidden mechanics regarding troop types?

Or is all about Officer Leadership/Valor while unit composition is Infantry/Cavalry being the Frontliners while Musket/Bows deal heavy damage from behind until you can just spam Dragoons.
>>
>>1320808
>Or is all about Officer Leadership/Valor while unit composition is Infantry/Cavalry being the Frontliners while Musket/Bows deal heavy damage from behind until you can just spam Dragoons.
Pretty much just this. Though if I remember correctly, there are some techs that let certain units do more damage to other units.
>>
Been looking into Koei's old catalog and man, they used to create a lot of innovative shits back in the day. Shame how they've been pretty much pigeonholed into that game company that makes Musou games.
>>
Which Koei games should i start as a beginner?
>>
>>1322619
That depends on what you're interested, but I'd say ROTK XI and NA SoI(not Ascension) are good pics for familiarizing yourself with their two main strategy game series, by the virtue of being good, translated and released on PC for the West.
>>
>>1322619
Gemfire or Liberty or Death.
>>
>>1322417
There's everything from Napoleonic era warfare, airline CEO to Genghis Khan and VCR business simulator.
>>
>>>/pw/8813418
>>
File: 1675319798554.png (40 KB, 360x360)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>
>>1324252
/pw/'s got some good taste in games.
>>
File: 20230202012507_1.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080)
538 KB
538 KB JPG
das rite
>>
File: yuan shu potato chip.jpg (759 KB, 1920x1080)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
>>
>>1325069
Now do it in RTK14.
>>
>>1324957
He's got the dead eyes of a coomer
>>
>>1324957
Lol
>>
File: Screenshot #1456489.png (1.22 MB, 1021x648)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
Anon here continuing my playthrough of Iron Triangle as the Oda.

Finally managed to defeat the Saito and reinforced my castle with troops so that the Takeda won't attack me.

Built up my powerbase for while and all is quiet until I got a request from the Azai to defend their castle from the Ashikaga. Unfortunately, they concentrated their attacks on the castle and was defeated as a result, forcing me to take it from them.

Seeing that the Uesugi are literally the most powerful clan and right at my doorstep, I decided to forge an alliance with the Takeda.

How's my chances of survival?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.