[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

How fun is CK2 and EU4 multiplayer with a couple of friends? I have a couple of friends willing to play together but if it’s going to be a slog compared to single player, it probably won’t be worth it.

They’re into the genre since we played stellaris a bunch
>>
>>1197556
its fun. Just dont go in expecting a hard game if you all team up. EU4 is EXTREMELY easy if you have 3 or 4 guys teaming up, even if they're new.
The PVP is fun too, but after a while one person snowballs and becomes the most powerful.
>>
>>1197556
while we are here, is anyone here up for ck3 multi player?
I want to cuck you
>>
Ck3 multiplayer is at its best if you all play dukes within the same country. Had a blast in a french campaign where we all had to work to become King.

I won and became King. Duke tried one last throw of the dice and tried to have me killed so I locked him up so game over.
>>
>>1197556
The games are awful so you need friends who roleplay and do dumb shit every now and then or it will turn to shit really fast.
>>
>>1197556
EU4 is much more suited to multiplayer than CK2, but both can work. EU4 is a board game after all
>>
>>1197556
Is that supposed to be a map of modern borders? Your Crimea is the wrong color.
>>
>>1199060
if it's the modern border then 20% of Ukraine is the wrong color lmao
>>
>>1197580
Completely agree on the eu4 end. Have a moderate sized group to play sometimes but we only help each other when we are close to death (someone usually forgets what ae is). It usually builds up to 2 or 3 player wars in the last couple centuries of the game. Im always the one to snowball. We havent had a game where i wasnt first place. Next time we play i plan on giving myself a bunch of hanicaps so i wont be first
>>
>>1197556
EU4 trivializes too many of its mechanics. All real international aspects are downplayed, weak, fragile or forgotten. Disappointing experience.
>>
>>1197556
I don't know about EU, but CK2 was a bitch to set up. The more players of the map the exponentially more fun it was though.
>>
>>1197556
I think what would be fun would be a mega campaign mp, since the ai lag behimd so much, players could keep it balanced
>>
>>1202612
mega campaigns suck. By the start of the second game the world will be divided up into as many gigaempires as there are players
>>
>>1203574
Agreed. The world is only interesting when it's broken up and ungovernable.
>>
>>1197556
I've never done eu4 multiplayer, but I had a blast with some buddies in ck2. I was one of the spanish rulers, and they were all my vassals. I could powergame, and the newer players could focus on roleplaying. Reconquista commenced from there.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.