[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 52 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

what is your opinion on old browser games? ikariam, ogame and travian all used to be very popular 15 years ago
>>
>>1191961
They all sucked.
>>
>>1191961
My dad used to play Grepolis all the time
>>
>>1191967
fpbp
>>
>>1191961
>used to be very popular 15 years ago
>15 years ago
>15
>>
>>1191961
not browser but Rise of Kingdoms PC is pretty good
>>
>>1192010
my gf left me for a guy she met on grepolis
>>
They're pretty lame. You grind for months to upgrade your stuff for the eightieth time so that you could grind some more. Even pay2win card games are arguably more exciting.
And yet, the ability to play them anywhere anytime even when you're dead broke and your PC is a potato gave you a semi-worthwhile distraction whether you're on your dad's computer, at a school library or internet cafe.
I remember my brother playing Space Pioneers (OGame clone) and MyBrute, while I didn't get hooked by anything for too long. Urban Rivals, Tyrant, Coraabia, Last Stand Dead Zone, Witcher: Versus are some games I enjoyed the most.
I also remember briefly checking out Neptune's Pride, Jupiter's Folly and Blight of the Immortals (the old version that is different from the current one on Steam). I thought they were unusually solid for the genre, if minimal, but I wasn't into gameplay that requires you to check what's going on every two hours day and night.
I'm kinda salty for never playing EndWar Online (released in 2015 on browser rather than mobile phones - were they nuts?). I don't care if the gameplay wasn't anything special, I'd be willing to put up with it for a while just for the setting and lore.
>>
>>1191961
Paladog is about virtuous furries that inherited the planet sending evil human zombies back to heck. You play as Paladog, it's a furry on a horse that either non-sentient unlike other furries or allows Paladog to ride it for justice. It's like those dumb casual "strategy" games with several straight lines which your and enemy units spawn on and go to the enemy base. But it's more engaging because there's only one line, the one on which PALADOG rides and he won't cross it because he isn't evil but follow it to the non-bitter end where the forces of furry good triumph over those frog-colored undead.
I think it was fun.
>>
>>1191961
>those
>old
Bitch, I'm playing Hattrick for 20 years now.
>>
File: hoascr1.jpg (227 KB, 1007x615)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>1191961
I played a bunch back in the day, Dominion, Planetarion, Dragon Tavern, that Majesty browser game. They all got a bit samey after awhile and the expansion-based ones were plagued with multi accounts and noob bashing.
>>
File: glb.png (544 KB, 1152x691)
544 KB
544 KB PNG
I'm still playing Goal Line Blitz 2 and if there were similar games for other sports I'd probably play them too.
>>
I remember playing ikarium constantly
I forgot to log in for a week because of irl stuff and all my shit was looted and razed, setting me back months
Never went back
>>
I remember this RTS game on Lego dot com, it was based on the Mars Mission sets and it was unironically pretty good with interesting scenarios and a variety of units. I remember I was never able to complete the Terran campaign here but now if I were not playing it in a shitty browser window, and now that I am not 8 years old maybe it would be a thousand times easier.

Holy shit bros I actually found a fan made downloadable version of the game, here I go playan.
For anyone who wants to play it, just type "Mars Mission RTS game" and it's gonna be there, Crystalien Conflict.

>>1191961
Thanks for making this thread bro, I am filled with childlike joy
>>
File: cry.png (42 KB, 1234x184)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>1192290
Okay this is pretty fucking funny actually, the game doesn't work without Flash and the guys who made the fanpage have a discord server where it's just hundreds of people asking why the game doesn't work while the owners keep typing in all caps that they've already answered and that they are going fucking insane from all the people asking him how to get the game running
>>
France had a great web game scene

>A farm game where you start by fattening a pig, then fattening multiple pigs, then managing the fields & crops to feed your pig cheptel

>An insane battle royale "RPG" that boiled down to "garden gnomes fight each others using everything they find lying on the ground"

>A foundation asymetrical strategy game. Every two weeks you spawn in a new galaxy in a given role, and have to complete some objectives to ascend to the next role in the next cycle. Independant kingdoms need to conquer a few worlds, merchants need to be the richest, empire starts insanely strong but gets eaten up by a multitude of independant kingdoms and need to retain as much as possible, etc etc

>A cooperative zombie surviving game where 40 players were part of a town and needed to pull together to survive for as long as possible (until shit starts to hit the fan and you start defecting, stealing materials, sabotaging other players, etc)

I miss the foundation one the most. The core concept was really great.
>>
>>1192290
Funny, I really don't think the OP wanted talk about single player flash games in this thread. Instead he wanted to talk about these gay timewasters where you have to join a klan to do anything worthwhile.
Now mars mission was a fun rts and probably the best of flash rtses. Lego in general had a bunch of really good flash games starting with Junkbot. I'm also surprised why people can't figure out how to play a flash game. All you have to do is download the game and run it through an official Adobe flashplayer.exe, that's it, no special launchers, no third party extensions nor scripts, just download the game and play.
>>
i remember a browser game that was like world of warcraft most of the people had like a blue tunic.
i cant remember the name tho
help me
>>
>>1191961
I still play Solaris a offshoot of Neptune’s pride, a glacially slow Diplomacy-like RTS game that plays over a week or so.

>>1192321
Found the Foundation game I think: https://foundationgame.com/
Is this it?
>>
>>1192702
>Foundation
oh i get it, its based on the Foundation book series
>>
>>1192321
Foundation was fucking great
I didn't know about the book series back then, and the Mulet was such a cool concept
Also, basé Hordes enjoyer i literally met my wife on it
>>
>>1192702
This is it, I recognize the shitty portrait for the mule from 15 years ago.

Pretty baffled it has >50k active players, but since all but 600 are independants, I'm guessing it has a lot of inactives or bots?
>>
>>1191961
I played a few in high school roughly 20 years ago. Pretty much only because others in my class were already playing them. Thankfully I washed out pretty soon. I like to optimize and that made me very susceptible to constantly checking in, eating way too much time and mental capacity. The main one was about medieval villages that would raid each other. I built up for about a month, conducted some successful raids and then got raided by someone who had literally 100x my shit which destroyed my whole army, wiped out my stockpile and razed half my village. Then I realized it was a pyramid scheme/snowballing game and there would never be a hope to measure up to someone who had been playing longer than me, so I quit.

It's a decent learning experience for a kid (about addiction, about time management, about snowballing), but I don't see the point in playing them permanently. Although I suspect (or at least hope) they are a lot deeper and better balanced these days than they were 20 years ago.
>>
>>1192321
Die2Nite was french?
>>
>>1192829
Yes
It was a Motion Twin game (the guys who struck gold with Dead Cells) back when they made cool as fuck and more or less pay2win browser games
>>
>>1192852
interesting. Yeah that game was super hard if you didn't pay money. I remember a lot of website games, had fun with them long ago, along with oodles of flash games and stuff.
Neat, though.
>>
>>1192210
endwar online was incredibly shit and had no lore to speak of, it had nothing in common with original endwar save for the aesthetics
>>
>>1191961
Only really played Travian and it's kinda cancer because you have to join alliances and basically build in a super specific autistic manner to not fucking die.
It also has a really retarded battle calculatiom which seems to punish defensive play hard.
>>
>>1193761
Then you've joined Travian too late to enjoy it. The game was really fucking fun first 2-3 years, then the standard "long-play inflation" kicked in.
Urban Rivals suffered from something very similar, only dragged over longer period of time. When it starte out, it was a neat CCG, but by 2010 it was massive meta faggotry combined with horrendous in-game inflation and by 2015 it essentially became unplayable for newfags, while my pretty average deck circa '07 became like the ultimate killing force, simply because getting those cards by then meant either grinding for few years straight or, far more likely, spending few hundred bucks on the card packs, making it worse than MtG
>>
>>1193764
>Urban Rivals
Holy shiiit I fucking remember that I had so much fun with that game it was basically glorified rock paper scissors but it had cool artstyle and I had fun playing with the pirate dudes and cucking everyone of their team skills or playing as the clowns and giving everyone poison aids
>>
File: Ferion.jpg (97 KB, 1024x768)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Ferion was fun back in the mid 2000s. It was a round-based MOO-style 4x that had arenas with 150+ players at its height. What is my "opinion on it?" That most of these games aren't that well balanced as games and that much of the fun is the persistent universe element. It's fun because it's like a life for a no-life.
>>
>>1191961
there was that kingdom managment game with some nice artwork but unfun to play
>>
>>1192202
BGC
>>
I remember a web-based romanian MMO about spaceships and such, it was pretty interesting. The game was grindy as fuck, but the sprites looked real nice and it was quite populated. Sadly I entirely forgot its name and I'm not even sure if the game was romanian or just the server I joined.
>>
File: my MAN!.png (996 KB, 900x645)
996 KB
996 KB PNG
>>1192290
my nigger, I used to play that shit all the time when I was like 9. some of the missions are complete bullshit I can't beat even as a full adult, I have no idea how they thought lil kids could handle it
https://crystalien-redux.com flash is dead but there's a download
>>
I enjoy https://www.freecivweb.org/webclient/?action=new&type=singleplayer
>>
>>1191961
>ikariam, ogame and travian
Waste your time as literally no other games can.
>all day busy with trading, logistics and minor battles
>before you come to sleep, you should hide your rss and army
>also, you set alarm on 4 AM, bcs you need order reTurn back your army, so you can use it at morning
>also there's midnight attacks, so your phone can scream "GO ONLINE HURRY WE NEED YOUR FLEET FOR DELAY ENEMY ATTACK BCS ALLY TROOP WILL COME TOO LATE"
Yeah, some fun for neet or office worker.
>>
File: 1655098694035.png (1.08 MB, 1200x675)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
I've no fucking idea why but I played some GoodGame Empire back in the day.
>>
>>1195569
This, basically. If you had a child you would stop playing such games.
>>
>>1191961
I played ogame a few times on x5 speed servers. It's a lot of fun if you're okay with thinking about the game every waking moment of every day and setting your alarm clock so you wake up in time for your ships to return. I got some pretty good hits, and at my peak I was large enough that I got highscored by another player. Fleet smashes over a certain amount of damage were eligible to be posted on the high scores forum, IIRC it was 250,000,000+ for the x5 servers, and my fleet was worth 286,000,000ish.
I wouldn't ever go back to playing it just because I don't like how it consumed my being, but I had a good time with it.
>>
File: 11_l.gif (147 KB, 1024x909)
147 KB
147 KB GIF
>>1191961
>Check a browser game i used to play like over 10 years ages ago
>It finally fully died like 5 months ago after staying on life support for the past 6 years
>The forums and the knowledge base all died along with the game, so now its internet footprint is almost non-existant save for the screenshots in the web archive

I mean i knew it was going to happen but it's still sad. It was so unique compared to all other browser strategy games
>>
File: 8_l.gif (180 KB, 1024x909)
180 KB
180 KB GIF
>>1195870
>Inspired by traditional 4x like MoO of Civ
>Turn-based, no timer bullshit. Each turn is 8 hours and turns are processed at fixed time each day. You give orders to units, queue production etc., then come back the next turn to see how it turned out
>The "universe" is a 1000x1000 (or 2000x2000 in later iterations) grid of planets, wrapping around at the edges. Each planet has stats that you can see after prospecting (3 resource values, temperature, size)
>There are 3 resources in the game: Organics, Energy, Metal, but their use depends on your race
>You can generate a custom race using trait sliders that go from -99 to +99, with each trait affecting different stats. Like "nomadic" giving bonuses to ship speeds/ranges while "sedentiary" gives bonus to defence and economy
>You pick your optimal temperature which makes only a fraction of planets colonizable
>You pick which of the 3 resources (Organics/Energy/Metal) becomes your race's main production resource, and which becomes food resource that will define pop growth rates. The last resource acts as a secondary/advanced resource (like gas in Starcraft)
>There is no research. Instead you have "tech level" that is defined by your total resource income and can drop if you lose some planets
>The size of your empire is limited by the number of "Governor" units, each allowing you to control like 5 more planets. When you build a Governor, next one costs exponentially more resources and time, quickly ramping up to ridiculous values
>All combat units (ships and surface combat units) need to be first designed in unit designer. Different unit chassis have different base stats and different counts of slots for different item types
>>
File: Ship_Design_screen.gif (138 KB, 1024x909)
138 KB
138 KB GIF
>>1195886
But if that was all, the game would be just a simple free for all with players fighting for the juiciest planets - your planet quantity is limited by your Governors that eventually start taking months to build, so the only way to advance is to improve quality

>You can produce individual ship components and then transfer them (by physically shipping them in cargo ships) to other players.
This instantly changes everything. Buy engines from a race with maxed engine bonuses; buy guns that hit for 2x harder than yours. Make a ship with best parts from all races that is 5x stronger than anything you could make at same tech level. Thought designing a ship was complex? Well now you have a full spectrum of imported parts added to the equation.

But that is not all
>A player can become vassal of another player; paying 5%-25% of their income to the lord. Vassal income COUNTS AS 5X RATE for tech level calculation.
This instantly made solo play unviable, as even one vassal gave you a massive boost to tech level, but that is by design. No resources are even lost in process - Lord can send them back to the vassal if they want (gotta physically ship em though)

The game is now about player alliances, building large multi-level chains with best part producers on top, mass producing parts and distributing to other players who assemble those parts into ships and use them to wage wars. The ingame forum is fucking filled with factions recruiting, making alliances and plotting against each other. Wars are now huge, long, and involve politics almost as much as actual combat
>>
>>1195870
>>1195886
>>1195926
gogoldev probably ragequit
>>
>>1195569
Truly "amazing" experiences where you need to relly on fucking roleplaying to make it fun or play it with friends. Except absolutely nobody roleplays and never really did. At least not from 2010 onwards.
And only people who play with friends were schoolkids who get raided by adults who play 24/7.
>>
File: 700px-Foe2.png (711 KB, 700x402)
711 KB
711 KB PNG
>>1191961
10 years ago i used to play DieSiedler Online and Forge of Empires every day, damn I miss those times
>>
>all comments pleb tier copycat browser games that nobody plays anymore
meanwhile best browser game archmage is still going strong
https://www.the-reincarnation.com
>>
>>1191961
Good time waster for poors and bored employs.
>>
Any BLOCfags in here? It used to have quite a sizable 4chan population in it.
>>
I'm surprised (maybe I'm blind) that there is no thread or community about hattrick, that football manager browser game that it's still there 25 years after.
>>
>>1192272
>>1196516

Based
>>
>>1196516
I was more of a Managerzone and Managerleague kind of guy.
>>
There was this ww1 wargame game called supremacy1914 that I played a lot before they updated it to html5
>>
>>1196521
I liked that it had after action reports in the newspaper
>>
File: Koguma smile4.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>1191961
>ikariam and travian
Good times. Played both of them in the mid to late 2000s as a kid. I don't remember much about Ikariam but I vividly remember playing Travian and founding an alliance with all my classmates who played the game and a bunch of randoms. We had like 30-40 people I think. Maybe as much as 50. Pretty much everyone including myself was small fry so we didn't do much but I was REALLY into it because I was a dork and I liked being in charge of something. I gave my best friend a bunch of privileges in the alliance, and at some point (I don't remember what I did to provoke him, if anything) he just booted me from the alliance. I was so ridiculously angry. I wrote letters to every member of the alliance asking them to join forces with me to reverse this coup, or just to quit the alliance. I tried to get random players who were near my friend to attack him. I did all kinds of shit. We didn't speak in real life for several months until he eventually apologized.
>>
>>1196704
... did you get back to the alliance?
>>
>>1197020
To be honest I don't remember. I think I did, but it all just kind of petered out because of my attempts to sabotage it, and like I said no one was really enthusiastic about it in the first place since everyone was underage/casual/noob. It was mostly me being autistic about trying to get people to listen to me. I vaguely remember really enjoying writing messages. Like declarations of stuff, like "formal" declarations of war or requests for cooperation and shit like that. Man I was a really bulliable kid.
>>
>>1195870
>>1195886
>>1195926
sounds cools as fuck
>>
>>1197024
literally me. i even copied roosevelts speech
>>
>>1191961
I remember playing a lot of Hattrick with my old man
I think it's still around but I'd probably still rather play footie manager
>>
>>1196521
This game was extremely fun. You could pump and dump resources for profit, stock up on grains and let other guys starve or backstab allies.
>>
>>1197377
Yeah i could probably gush about all the cool and susprisingly deep systems and features it had for like another 5 posts

>So with cooperation being so beneficial, how do you stop people from making multiple accounts to boost themselves?
And the answer the devs came up with is that you dont. There is no limit to the number of accounts you can make and control. You are only limited by your ability to manage them, and this amount of management jumps exponentially the moment you enter even the most basic war.
Some early "one-man empires" fell exactly that way, with the owner not being able to manage a war spanning hundreds of planets, despite having significantly bigger and stronger fleets.

>Monetization model was also completely contrary to how browser games do it normally
>No premium currency, no boosts, no ingame advantages whatsoever. All you get from a premium subscription is a whole bunch of QoL UI features, immunity to being deleted for inactivity, and the ability to write (in perl) and run automation scripts. Oh and maybe a customized icon for a one-time extra payment
And of course, if you run multiple accounts, you probably want to have subscription on all of them. So in a sense, whaling was a thing even then - large empires of 5-10 core players paying subscription for 30-40 accounts.
>>
>>1192290
just thinking about browsing lego on my grandmas computer on a big CRT is giving me nostalgia.

also why arent web games big now? it seems like they should still be big?
>>
>>1197801
is there a wiki for this to read about all the systems? id love to make something like this
>>
File: 743px-Arctangent.svg.png (14 KB, 743x371)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>1198925
Most of the resources including the wiki went down along with the game. I am literally having to grab the screenshots off web.archive, but a lot of documentation was stored in the ingame forum posts. The ingame forum needs an account so i dont think it has been archived.
>Besides the basic stats like HP, speed and damage, each ship has an Accuracy and an Evasion rating. The to-hit equation involves arctan, so you have 50% to hit if your accuracy = target's dodge, and it asymptotically approaches 20% or 80% if one value is overwhelmingly larger.
>This means you always want to have just slightly more accuracy and slightly more dodge than your opponent. Stacking those stats too much makes no sense as once you are in "good enough" territory, you are better off increasing raw HP and raw damage
>Since at worst you will have 20% chance to hit, if your opponent stacks defence and you can't overcome it, you can instead just put beefiest, least accurate guns on your ships
Just this one feature alone would be enough to provide great amount of depth and counterplay to ship designs, but there were a bunch more
>Even though in the ship designer you have different weapons with different accuracy and damage stats, in the end the stats from different weapons are averaged. Your ship will just have "Accuracy", "Barrel count", "Damage per barrel" stats. There is an expensive and bulky "Targeting system" module that is technically a weapon with insanely high accuracy but low damage. You can stack these to increase your ship's accuracy, but your raw DPS will suffer compared to if you put real fucking weapons instead
>If a hit is landed, there are no modifiers to damage dealt. Since a ship deals damage in very specific chunks ("Damage per barrel" stat) you can design counters around it - if the damage per barrel is 60, you can make a ship with 61HP
This concept of barrel count has led to RPS kind of balance in ship design, with the Swarmers -> Snipers -> Mowers -> Swarmers cycle
>>
>>1196521
i played the shit out of this
you could leave your troops on the beach killing anyone that tries to land that was fun
>>
>>1195870
>>1195886
>>1195926
its posts like these that make me thankful that some flash game 4x games are flash. So i can actually find and play a copy with something like flashpoint i.e. star trek broken mirror. Even if it takes forever to beat a game like that.
>>
File: dxdy.png (14 KB, 674x247)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>1199093
Thought we were done with ship designs? Not yet
>All chassis have classes, like "Cutter", "Destroyer", "Transport", "Battleship" etc. But since a chassis is just a set of base stats and slots, any ship can be outfitted to perform any role to some degree.
>Ship's targeting priorities (by class) are defined at design level
So, if you notice that all opponent's ships have "Cutter" as highest priority, you can design a tanky ship on Cutter chassis and have the rest of your fleet as glass cannons, hiding safely behind those cutters
People would actually spend significant amounts of time analyzing battle logs, trying to figure out enemy ship stats and priorities. Log parser apps were made to automate the process, and logs of major battles were considered very valuable intel

But beyond designing ships, actual fleet movement was not very simple either
>Ships can only go TO or FROM a friendly planet, thus making conflicts very local. If you cant get to your ally's nearest planet in 2 jumps, you are completely isolated
>Your scanners can only detect fleets en route to current planet. To see what's going on on nearby planets, you need to have scanner probes there
As result, staging planets were an essential part of any war. Since most planets have very meh stats, any given area will only be 10%-20% colonized. So what you'd do is send a few colony ships, colonize some planets near enemy planets, and then follow up with your main fleets.
>If your fleet has speed of 1.00 and you jump from one planet to the one next to it (distance 1), the jump will take 1 turn, giving your opponent no advance warning
Any experienced player could recite key speeds like sqrt(2)=1.42 to 1-turn jump diagonally, sqrt(5)=2.24 to jump (1;2) planets, and so on
This also led to extremely micromanagey informational wars, where you had to surround your planets with fields of probes to detect any attempts to set a staging planet. And as an attacker, you'd raid them with bigger, more armed probes.
>>
File: DCBook.png (723 KB, 850x464)
723 KB
723 KB PNG
>>1199139
What else was special about the game?
>The game was being mainly advertized on one of the largest russian online libraries/bookstores because it had the same owner
>This attracted an audience very different to other games.
I came to a few IRL meetups, and at the age of 18 i was BY FAR the youngest there every time.
There were "newspapers" published on the forums chronicling events in a very "unbiased" manner. There were fiction competitions for stories inspired by the game.
There is a literal published book with circulation of like 3,000 hard cover copies
People also coded a bunch of apps to help with the game
>Multiple mapping apps where you could export/import your planetary survey data and share it to others
>A fully reverse-engineered ship designer which lets you experiment with designs of any tech level and components from any race
>The aforementioned log parser that lets you study battle logs and also share the results in a pretty way
>A multi-account management with a supplementary ingame script that gives you a comprehensive and well-formatted report for each of your accounts
Unfortunately, the game had one fatal flow: staleness. Eventually, all the empires would stabilize, establish borders with neighbors and just... sit there? The world was not supposed to restart (though it did 2 times), and with players occupying actual space, eventually all areas would get settled in, leaving no space for new players. And with growth beyond certain limit being near impossible, wars of expansion also eventually ceased. With no real stakes and a lot of labor, wars had almost no point and yet they were supposedly the most fun part of the lategame.
The dev tried to add incentives for lategame wars, but they were just bloat features and were not enough. And no way at all was found to make new player experience fun when everyone around already has fully developed empires. Eventually, the flow of newbies stopped, and the game entered very slow but inevitable decline.
>>
>>1198918
People just play on mobile these days. And since everything has to be an app for normalfags to understand, there is no demand to make it work in browser.
>>
>>1191961
I once wasted my whole monthly allowance on TheCrims because I've kept overdosing on drugs to keep playing 24/7
>>
>>1196521
This game was amazing if people also RPed as leaders, otherwise is a slow ass HOI.
>>
File: header.jpg (41 KB, 460x215)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>1199373
>Unfortunately, the game had one fatal flow: staleness. Eventually, all the empires would stabilize, establish borders with neighbors and just... sit there?
Is there any game that has an actual solution to this? Exploring a new world is very different to exploring an already explored world where all the best spots are already occupied by people far stronger than you. With players having an actual persistent footprint in the ingame universe you'd also have to constantly change its scale so it can comfortably accomodate the current population without being too crowded or sparse.
Reminds me of Archeage, where the world was only persistent in small part, but it still led to new players not wanting to join old servers because all the land is already occupied. I know it has many other bigger issues, but still

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.