[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 83 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

Finally announced: https://youtu.be/d_KcI61tdgI
>>
You guys excited?
>>
>>1189462
Excited is a bit of a stretch, considering they haven't announced release date yet. But I like SoaSE, and I'll follow new announcements. Would be great if there's some emergent story like Alpha Centauri, and the enemy the Vasari ran away from show up.
>>
Oooohhhh fuck yeah bud
>>
>>1189449
Bros, about fuckin time
>>
File: kill me.jpg (47 KB, 500x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>1189449
Holy fuck I literally shed a tear in real life
...please don't suck...
>>
>>1189628
I just looked, its an epic exclusive

Why...stardock...why
>>
File: 1656692018896.gif (689 KB, 607x609)
689 KB
689 KB GIF
>>1189628
>early access EGS exclusive next month
>>
>>1189639
>>1189641
just look at it this way; stardock has already been paid and timmy paid for your copy.
>>
>>1189651
I guess ill have to wait for the steam release for mod support, fuck.
>>
>>1189449
Finally some good fookin news. I'm gonna play the shit out of this.
>>
>>1189664
They said early access is going to be super barebones and just to see if people can run it. So who cares about that. The steam release will probably be when it's finished.
>>
>>1189449
>those ship colors
Why? They look like toys.
>>
>>1189888
They look mad. Taking note from Homeworld which is the king of space aesthetics.
>>
>>1189449
UOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH
>>
>>1189893
They look more like they came straith out of Planetary Annihilation.
>>
>>1189906
Wrong
>>
ITS SINS OF A SOLAR EMPIRE 2

WHY DOESNT ANYONE FUCKING CARE
>>
>>1190192
Bro, there's 11 posters in this thread. That's basically all of /vst/. We're probably all in the other thread as well.
>>
>>1190192
Because there's a more recent thread with more posts that actually includes the game's title both in subject and pic. >>1189770
>>
>>1190192
i got into stellaris recently and im new to gsg/4x but i always heard about civ games, endless space etc but thats first time i heard about SINS, game looks great but they really need to advertise that shit
>>
File: dumbfounded.jpg (21 KB, 474x305)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1190282
Kill yourself zoomer
>>
>>1190284
>zoomer
nigger pretty sure im older than you, even here its first mention of it i have seen in weeks
>>
>>1189449
they are going to find a way to ruin it aren't they
>>
>>1190304
It's been like 15 years. That's long enough that they are probably just going to make the same game with modern technical improvements. It's not like a 2 year release schedule where they need to try and make it different to justify making it.

After reading the article, sounds like it's going to be Sins but with all the expansion features in, turrets, missiles, systems that orbit, modern graphics and modern performance.
>>
>>1190282
you should absolutely play soase 1, one of the best strategy games of all time for sure
>>
>>1190432
The mods are amazing too, Star Trek, Star Wars, Halo, etc.
>>
Gotta say I have a lot more faith in this than in Homeworld 3. They're keeping the old factions (including loyalists/rebels in some form) which is good, I wonder how the stellar movement is gonna work out though, both in terms of gameplay and performance. Maybe there won't be fuck-off huge maps anymore.
>>
>>1190432
from youtube gameplay vids i saw game looks like everything i wanted from stellaris and didnt get
>>
>>1189829
then we should thank uncle Tim for betatesting things so us Steamchads can enjoy them without problem later.
>>1190649
this game is literally what people want stellaris to have, specially in the combat department
stellaris combat is just deathstack vs deathstack and the epitome of "throw enough shit at the wall until something sticks".
while SoSE has actual combat between fleets including unique abilities for each flagship type, combat modifiers, support powers, and fuckhueg ships to turn the tide of combat.
Also, stellaris pussies out on fleets not being able to glass a planet to oblivion (unless you're a fanatical purifier), while SoSE encourages and even rewards you for it.
>>
>>1189449
I hope it has a campaign the lore of Sins was cool
>>
>>1189449
I know that there will be more diplomatic and empire management options, but what I'd like is so that this game would have a campaign. SoaSE has the perfect setting for a story with three different factions, their sub-factions, the moral grayness in it and that thing from which the Vasari are eternally running away.
Bonus they continue from where Rebellion ended, kept the split into two sub-factions for each of the three and seems they will be adding in more stuff when the game gets properly released.
>>
>>1189449
Oh boy another strategy series imprisoned behind the epic store, boy I sure do love this golden age we live in
>>
Meh, I doubt this is ever getting a campaign. I think it might even be stupid to do so when the original did so well without one - there's no way it could meet the expectations of players fantasizing about it for almost fifteen years.
If I were them, I'd commission a comic or have some books ghostwritten and say: 'Here, this is all you're getting. Check out our Kickstarter for a SoaSE board game we're putting together!'.
>>
HAHAHAHA YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS
>>
>>1190790
Nup, they are sticking with sandbox with the story being told in other ways. I kind of like that more. Part of what made Sins lore interesting was that it's mysterious.
>>
>>1190952
Yeah, I don't think there's gonna be a good way to deliver on, say, whatever the fuck Vasari are running away from.
>>
>>1190983
They are running away from a parasitic race that can only survive through eating its host from the inside.
>>
>>1190983
>whatever the fuck Vasari are running away from
It's always been expansion bait. For a 4x, sandbox is best. You tell the story through unit, building, tech and ability descriptions. That's the best way to do it. Like for example we know a lot about the humans because a lot of their ships are repurposed civilian ships. That's way better than just having some shitty NPC info dump it for me.
>>
>>1189462
The only reason to ever be excited for a sequel is if the story was amazing. With the sluggish pace at which tech has been developing lately, sequels are only ever just 'old game + 1 or 2 extra things'
>>
>>1189893
>which is the king of space aesthetics
Lmao no. Homeworld has some of the ugliest, most boring designs I've ever seen.
>>
>>1190206
>Bro, there's 11 posters in this thread.
Big cope.
>>1190192
Nobody is interested in sequels. Name one fucking reason why they should be when it's essentially the same fucking game.
>>
>>1191079
>The only reason to ever be excited for a sequel is if the story was amazing
Are you retarded? What a weird opinion to post in the strategy game board.
>>
>>1191081
>Nobody is interested in sequels
What world do you live in? It's not the one that the rest of the human race is living in.
>>
>>1191017
It's not expansion bait, it's a mystery box. Revealing the identity of what the Vasari are running from would ruin it, because no matter what it is it won't be terrible enough. And it's like either a Nanomachine abomination or some Phase space Cthulhu or whatever, because that's what the Vasari were fucking with.
>>
>>1191094
Could be. Either way, I think it's cooler left mysterious for sure. People talking about it will always be more interesting. I would like them to introduce new factions though and I'm not sure what else would fit into the world they built.
>>
File: 20210914231520_1.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>1189449
Finally rotating turrets.
>>
>>1190304
It doesn't matter if they do, mods will fix any issues that arise. I have not played a single hour of vanilla sins
>>
File: 20171107145700_1.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1080)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>1189449
The Kol is irnoclad's proudest design
>>
Awesome. Really looking forward to the orbiting planets and cover mechanics. I could be wrong but I think I recall reading on the forums that they didn't have orbiting planets originally was because it would be too much for the players to keep track of. Rally curious to see how they'll implement that cleanly. Imagine jumping to an enemy fleet just as that system's phase lane gets cut off so they're trapped and forced to fight. I also hope they make the game as a whole somewhat faster and a little more so the combat as even though I love the 4x feel of the original I do think it was a bit excessive with its length. When a weapon that does 500 damage instantly is effectively no better than a dot that does a total of 500 damage over 20 seconds, that's too slow.

>>1191189
Indeed it is. One of the most aesthetic ship designs I've ever seen, and I love how it looks designed from the ground up as a ship meant for combat while all the other TEC ships don't, like the lore says. It's abilities are also simple but fun, and it's great watching the enemy try to break one as they're possibly the toughest capital ship in the game.

It's too bad that it's only really useful against strike craft spam or if you can get it to a high level with some support as otherwise the other capital ships do other things better and are useful right out of the factory. However, while it probably wouldn't work in multiplayer I should try playing a game where I play mostly like normal for a while but then I start just building kols and maybe some dunovs for the flux field ultimate. I get them to a high level (which is a big if) and then because my fleets will just be a few kols the enemy will have to target them and do almost no damage to my incredibly stubborn flying bricks unlike normally where in multiplayer people can just not target them.
>>
>>1191080
>He has never seen Vagyr ships
>>
>>1191145
What mods do you recommend?
>>
>>1191576
You have a bunch,

Enhanced 4X
Sins Remastered
Stars
Extra map pack
Balance Mod

And if you want new factions/units
Star Wars Interregnum
Ages of the Federation
Star Trek Armada 3
Sins of the Prophets
Maelstrom
Sins of New Eden
Stargate Races
>>
>>1191614
this is mental illness
>>
>>1191145
>I have not played a single hour of vanilla sins
this is mental illness
>>
I have never installed a sins mod
>>
>>1191653
this is sanity
>>
>>1190192
Because we don't have any gameplay footage.
>>
>>1191145
Good thing Ironclad breaks mods every single patch, even minor patches for Sins 1 14 years later.
>>
>>1189449
>xi jinping gamestore
skip
>>
>>1191362

The Chad Kortul Devastator would obliterate a Kol 1v1.

Power surge for healing and DPS, jam weapons render strike craft totally irrelevant and disruptive strikes hard counters every capital ship in the game.
>>
>>1192540
Good enough, but you're still taking forever to take one down.
>>
>>1192540
Too bad by that point you're not fighting capital ships 1v1
>>
>>1189449
>Epic Store Exclusive
It fucking breaks my heart to see another good series commit suicide because of short-term greed.
>>
>>1192622
i feel they know its barebones and they want to get paid upfront to develop dlcs
>>
>>1192622
>get epic money
>sell on epic store and keep working on the game
>release on steam a year later
>sells the same as launching it once but now you have epic money and a more polished game on steam
>>
>>1192631
IT'S A YEAR OF EARLY ACCESS AND THEN A FULL YEAR ON EPIC
STOP THIS "it'll be here next year" MEME. IT'S NOT HAPPENING.
>>
>>1192635
it's irrelevant if it's 1 year or 3 years
I was gonna pirate it anyway
>>
>>1192635
Old World was only exclusive during early-access, I assume same deal will happen with Sins.
Of course nobody fucking remembers Old World existed because of it being an exclusive to the Memory Hole Store.
>>
>>1192641
>Of course nobody fucking remembers Old World existed because of it being an exclusive to the Memory Hole Store.
No one remembers it because it simply isn't a great game, thus it got buried with the dozens of other games that release on Steam every day. That's pretty much the destiny for every 4X that isn't Civ.
It's not like it not being released on a shitty storefront would've somehow made it more memorable. I think Epic is dogshit but this schizo rhetoric of using Epic as a scapegoat for games not doing well has to stop. Mid tier games disappeared quickly before Epic just as they do after Epic.
Look at Hades, it released on Epic and also made a splash on Steam (because it's an excellent game).
>>
>>1192650
Hades is a case of early access done right, it received consistent bimonthly updates and went on to Steam in a more presentable state. I understand a skeptic of early access model, but condemning a game before it has something to show because it choose a temporary platform you don't use is braindead.
>>
>>1192641
Galactic Civilizations 4 is already a full release and is still on Epic only.
>>
>>1189449
I loved the TEC and their ability to literally print money with their civilian tree. Looking forward to spamming shipyards and steamrolling again.
>>
>>1192747
It's bad though so they're probably trying to mould it into something vaguely decent before putting it on Steam since they know how bad the reviews will be on there.
>>
File: Kultorask.jpg (948 KB, 1920x1080)
948 KB
948 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCEPacFiZog
For me, it's Vasari
>>
>>1192641
I bought Old World the moment it released on Steam and then refunded after a couple of hours. No one remembers it because it was shit.
>>
>>1192650
And then made a splash on Switch as well. Hades deserves every sale it gets.
>>
>>1190192
I was barely interested in the first one because they never delivered on a proper singleplayer campaign.
>>
>>1192979
Isn't it pretty uncommon for 4X games to include a campaign, though?
>>
Copying a post I made on the game forums. https://forums.sinsofasolarempire2.com/514489/page/1/#

Agreed, it doesn't look related to Sins 1 at all except for the shape resemblance of the Kol.

The new Javelin and the giant turrets on the Kodiak and Kol look especially bad and toylike, and as someone said in another thread the sloping beams on the front of the Kol and the trailer imply that the Kol will shoot a single large beam which ruins its signature design element.

I don't know if the engine they're using restricts the graphics to be like this but it does not look good.
>>
>>1190192
Epic exclusive DLC treadmill. There are literally MILLIONS of this kind of games. LITERALLY why do we need one more? Why would anyone even spend a second of their life on this derivative garbage? Name even a single good reason.
>>
>>1193185
Nah looks good.
>>
>>1193333
You seriously thnk this https://www.stardock.com/sinsofasolarempire/sinsofasolarempire2/media/screenshots/ann/sinsII_ann_ss04.png looks as good of an artistic design as this https://cdn.stardock.us/forums/72/21/7221930/ea033188-7971-4b7f-baca-723fa5388e83.png ? Or that it at least doesn't look like a generic sci-fi ship unlike the very unique original Kol?
>>
>>1193358
I think they both have positives and negatives. Not everything has to be Us vs Them. The front looks better on the old one. The sides look better on the new one. Armour paneling and colour separation looks better on the new one. I miss KOL on the side though.
>>
>>1193200
post two
>>
>>1193358
spend the whole game zoomed out like a real man
>>
>>1193477
LITERAL 2: ELECTRIC LITERALOO
LITERAL 3: SEMANTIC STRIKES BACK
>>
File: 20211109205401_1.jpg (576 KB, 1920x1080)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
>>1193498
liek this?
Who cares about the Kol when we got lasers
>>
>>1193200
I don't think there are many games like this. Stellaris does the real time 4X thing but it's a completely different scale and plays totally differently.
>>
File: 1630429528312.jpg (430 KB, 1822x1080)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>A GIANT SHOCKWAVE HAS RIPPLED PHASE SPACE!
fugg, I had some real sad nostalgia for this and the lack of news on a sequel. I thought it was never happening. It was hard to not get excited til I saw the cartoony art style. Now I'm going to be cautious and hope they shift it back towards gritty detail or save it with lighting.
>>
>>1193570
Colour =/= cartoony
>>
File: actual baby toy.jpg (183 KB, 1000x784)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>1193573
That statement is correct and has nothing to do with what I said. Did you respond to the wrong post or are you being a weird seething faggot about my opinion?
That new Kol looks more cartoony than this piece of shit.
>>
>>1193589
It'd probably help if you defined your definition of cartoony. Then we can be on the same page.
>>
File: sinsII_ann_ss02.png (2.87 MB, 1920x1200)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
>>1193573
It isn't just the color. Fans asked for turrets and got monkey's pawed with fuck huge ones.
>>
>>1193647
Those are cruisers, which are anti-capitals. It makes sense to me. I think that's those are new Kodiak cruisers too.
>>
>>1193648
Yeah, I'm not a fan of that style of turret design but I'd be interested to see how a small point defense frigate looks.
>>
>>1193647
Fair, so you don't like the big turrets. I can get that. I think the ones for the Kol are fine though. Those ones look pretty goofy though. All the other ships in that picture look fine though.
>>
File: 20171111155320_1.jpg (366 KB, 1920x1080)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
I want to see what the transport ships look like
>>
>>1193648
I don't remember the TEC having an anti-capital cruiser. I only remember a bunch of support ones and the Kodiak, which was close range anti-fighter.
>>
>>1193648
Kodiaks have autocannons. They're anti-frigate.
>>
>>1193685
I kind of hope those are kodiaks. They were the only TEC Cruiser that didn't look like ass. Looking at the pic, I like their other ships more. Like I think the sleek one is a Cobalt which looks way better there. But the kodiak's profile was bangin.
>>
>>1193647
>>1193660
Another difference is the distinct tiny windows seen on the transport, it adds a great sense of scale.
>>
>>1190375
original sins had orbiting systems, it's still in the engine. it was scrapped for a reason, same with planetary surface, which had tiles. it doesnt add anythung and makes the game more complicated. the game also had no hyperlanes to begin with. it was all aded for balance reasons.
>>
>>1193647
I can kind of understand the idea here, maybe it’s meant to track and engage multiple smaller targets at once. But yeah, the design itself could be way better.
>>
>>1193660
Like a plastic lego brick, same as everything else.
>>
I do think the new Akkan looks good at least. Looks it's part as a comfy civilian ship that's had guns slapped on it quickly.
>>
>>1191105
>>1192772
are those modded skyboxes?
>>
>>1193935
I like the little landing pad and shuttles on the side, it’ll be great if they actually animate them.
>>
Just found out the guy behind the Dawn of the Reapers mod is a technical artist for Sins 2.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/mass-effect-dawn-of-the-reapers/news/sins-of-a-solar-empire-2-and-my-involvement
>>
>>1193358
While I'll admit that the armor on the old one isn't very good as it looks like a bunch of plates were slapped all over the place and on top of each other the new one's armor has gaps big enough that a bomber could aim in between them. Also the colors and everything in the game is too bright. It's missing the somber look of the original.

>>1193903
This
>>
>>1193935
>>
>>1193647
>>1193935
Ah, the phone game aesthetic
>>
>>1193030
It's also pretty uncommon to have a story and then do fuck all with it
>>
>>1194378
What do you want? A bunch of generic hero characters who get involved in some stupid conspiracy that only exists for mirror match missions, and then they ally with their former enemies and blah blah blah Starcraft plot.
Because that's the standard RTS "story".
>>
Did people actually zoom in in the first game or is this thread only filled with bitching about the models because there's no gameplay info out there?
>>
>>1194536
The first game had really memorable designs. And yes, I zoomed in. It's quite cinematic.
>>
>>1194536
>he didn't zoom in and follow individual fighter squadrons
What a soulless little faggot. SoaSE has some of the most cinematic space battles.
>tfw lost my vast screenshot folder
>>
>>1189462
SoaSE is one of my favorite games, but early access + epic exclusivity is a hard sell for me, ill wait for the steam version
>>
>>1194565
I feel you. I'll wait for the IOS version.
>>
>>1194566
kek
>>
>>1194536
You can't show a bunch of screenshots and not expect graphicsfags to complain. When the game releases, the first thing compfags will do is turn all the settings to 'low', mod out other unnecessary bling, and otherwise customize the game for maximum efficiency since they won't be looking at any of it while playing.
>>
>>1193935
Hey nice. I can dig it. I think I like the scale of the original design more. It looks fucking massive. I dig the converted cruise liner look of this though. Very clearly a leisure ship at first.
>>
Ships feel too clean/pristine, just make em more gritty or whatever and resize turrets
>>
File: hudson.png (223 KB, 693x426)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>1194638
WHY CANT COMPFAGS JUST STICK TO PLAYING PONG
>>
>>1194536
>game that is played by the majority as a singleplayer game
>not zooming in to enjoy watching your cinematic battle play out, dramatic ship explosions, beam weapons, nice semi-reflective surfaces on Advent ships, near and failed escapes of special capital ships, shields lighting up etc etc
Sometimes it's nice to stop and smell the roses :)
>>
>>1193935
>less detailed then the old one >>1194260
At least the turrets don't look retarded.
>>
>>1194536
Yeah, especially with the mods, the ship models are just great.
>>
File: 20220727165457_1.jpg (48 KB, 561x419)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>1195128
Forgot a pic.
>>
File: 53t1x5lnu2441.jpg (32 KB, 380x467)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
This is probably the only "product" to come out in years I'm actually basedjacking excitedly about
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RhVmworaw
>>
>>1192631
That's not what happened with the last exciting game that got stolen by Epic, Phoenix Point. The Epic exclusivity killed all hype and buzz around the game so the devs didn't do anything more or good with the game, leaving it as a mediocre at best x-com clone.
>>
>>1195215
Pheonix Point was awful, though, and went through a horrible redesign that turned everything generic. Funny how that keeps happening.

Just play XCOM Files or Pirates if you want old school XCOM with new content.
>>
>>1195219
I mean yeah, true, it was awful, but I'm saying that they probably would've had a higher chance of actually improving it if they had an actual community to tell them what to do. Epic made it worse and also probably lowered the prospects of people buying DLC. The market was just smaller for it.
Then again, when you compare the concept art with the final art in the game, you can see that the direction doomed it from the start
>>
>>1195223
I'm not so optimistic. Most devs don't change jack shit other than some numbers behind the curtain. There are some exceptions, but they just prove the rule.
>>
>>1190192
>It's been 14 fucking years
>Epic exclusive, too bad because im on Linux so won't be playing

Honestly they had their chance to compete with Stellaris and release a soase2 but went and made that stupid moba instead.

>>1190952
And this just kills it stone dead for me.

Why the fuck would I bother playing a space based RTS without a campaign?? Multiplayer? I don't fucking think so.

As much as I liked soase1 it's been too long and games have moved on since then.
>>
Campaigntards are so annoying.
What's stopping you from starting up your own campaign with 10 AI players and spending a week to finish it? Maybe get a 2v2v2v2v2 with multi star stystems. This game tries to be a 4x with RTS gameplay, I if the developers made some story campaign, I imagine it would be the same gamplay, except the difference would be there being scripted dialogue where you see ships talk to each other with melodrama.
Just read a book lmao
>>
>>1194536
Normal people who enjoy sci-fi spaceships yes, autistic comp fags who might as well be playing with abstract figures no. I mean jfc might as well not have graphics if you spend all your time looking at a bunch of small dots fly around.
>>
>>1195215
>The Epic exclusivity killed all hype and buzz around the game
No, the videos of people playing it and going "oh wait this actually sucks" killed all hype and buzz. I still bought it when it released on Steam anyway. It was alright. Boring enemy designs though.
>>
>>1195288
They really are. I can get it for small scale RTS like C&C. But you can't have have a narrative campaign in a 4x game. It makes no fucking sense. 4x is replayable because the campaign narrative is player driven. The loop of the game has you start as a single planet and expand to an empire. You simply can't have the player doing that each time for 10 missions and it not feel incredibly jarring.

Some 4x games have got around is with scenarios. Where there's a narrative behind your match, and that works. The only 4x I can think of that has a successful campaign is the AoW series, and that's real small scale stuff.
>>
File: 1452927622131.gif (2.51 MB, 320x227)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB GIF
>>1194564
>>1194702
:( I'm just autistic and sit on the zoomed out map
>>
>>1195215
I'm not so sure about that. All respect to Gollop for creating X-COM but most of his games are a mess of cool ideas and potential with questionable execution (X-COM included, to some extent).
When you consider everything he's made, Phoenix Point fits right in. In any case I at least commend him for still trying new things with Phoenix Point. The second Firaxis game felt so similar to the first, so even something as janky and flawed as Phoenix Point was enjoyable for a few hours.
>>
>>1195215
Phoenix Point just wasn't very good which left it dead in the water. If it was on Steam then it would likely have done better but Epic certainly didn't kill it. I've heard it's alright now at any rate but no matter the platform if it's DoA then it's pretty hard to come back in any meaningful way.
>>
>>1195490
I was enjoying it until it started hard reseting my computer. Not touching that shit now.
>>
File: 1478578061624.gif (410 KB, 221x196)
410 KB
410 KB GIF
>Muh campaign
Just go with challenge/scenario maps, smth like;
>You play as TEC controlling most of the map with shitload of minor faction allies
>Token fleet and only civ labs
>Vasari first contact and you get fucking blitzed
>Survive for x min or whatever
There
>>
>>1191094
>Revealing the identity of what the Vasari are running from would ruin it, because no matter what it is it won't be terrible enough
This. They are going to fuck it up in 2 by revealing it for sure.
>>
>>1195596
At least not at the start. 2 starts at the same place as 1. They might do it later though.
>>
>>1194378
Not really, as far as 4X go, at least. Alpha Centauri or Sword of the Stars, for instance, have pretty extensive lore told through various means that don't include an SP campaign.
>>
>>1195623
And yet they do shit with the plot.
What does SoaSE do?
1% chance of a random event with a vasari ship that attacks everybody?
>>
>>1190649
it's nothing like stellaris, it's more like supreme commander in space
>>
I don't get it. What was so special about this game? I've seen it through multiple versions, cracked, free weekend, whatever. It has no single player campaign and it the skirmish bored me so hard.
>>
>>1195705
it's cool
>>
>>1195705
It's an RTS without being a gookclicker, which is extremely rare.
>>
>>1195705
Nothing, it really is just that boring. Why wouldn't they go with turn-based, at least partially, is beyond me.
>>
>>1195705
You can increase the game speed.
>>
File: the_new_kol.png (1.06 MB, 1900x1773)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>
>>1196510
Good meme.

What do all the people here who hate the new art style think of going to the game forums and telling the devs how godawful it is? Now is the time to do so, and I've already done my part.

Fucking seriously, this phone game looking bullshit is so bad i might not get it no matter how good the gameplay is.
>>
Why are you all posting the same shit simultaneously in two different threads at the same time ?
>>
File: 1604969727142_1.jpg (191 KB, 960x960)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>1189449
>TITAN REPORTING FOR DUTY.
>SHAKIN AND BAKIN.
>LETS GET SOME.
SOMEONE TELL THEM TO INVEST INTO BETTER VOICE ACTING THIS TIME AROUND. FOR EXAMPLE, GIVE ME SOME:
>TIME TO BURN THE STARS.
>NEVER SAW A PUSSY BEFORE.
>AHHH GREETINGS, COMMAND.
>ALL ABOARD.
KEEP THEM COMING ANOOFS.
>>
>>1196653
Well in my case >>1196649 I think it's important enough to justify posting it in multiple threads so all Sins fans can be told to take action before it's too late
>>
>>1196693
MY POWER IS UNMATCHED
>>
>>1196848
THIS IS HOW SPACE JUNK IS BORN
>>
>>1196870
WE ARE GOING TO SHOOT YOU
>>
>>1196693
One of the races from Maelstrom has a mobile starbase with duke nukem voice
>>
>>1196693
>DID SOMEBODY CALL FOR A STARSHIP?
>TITAN REPORTING.
>TITANIC DESTRUCTION AWAITS ALL THOSE WHO STAND BEFORE US.
>LET'S JUMP TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY!
>>
>>1196996
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?
>>
Good morning I hate Advent
>>
>>1190983
>Yeah, I don't think there's gonna be a good way to deliver on, say, whatever the fuck Vasari are running away from.
It a thing they are running from. It doesn't require elaboration - it's a mystery that should remain a mystery.
>>
File: CUtFQQRWIAI35SE.jpg (136 KB, 960x600)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>1193358
>>1194128
>"good artistic design" means vomit-colour low resosultion textures
At least some people here understand that Fallout 3 was the most beautiful game ever made.
>>
>>1197186
Finally, somebody said it. I mean, look at this pic, you can't tell what it is.
It just looks like mud from the swamp, in space as far as a can tell. You made a good comparison with yours, because I can't really tell them apart. My picture is supposed to be a spaceship, but It could be anything. How can somebody say this is good artistic design, oh my god lol.
>>
i really want it to be good because theres nothing to play but it really looks like it will be disaster early access scam
>>
Why do what supposed to be metal models in games look so plastic?
>>
>>1190983
Spoiler: it's their own version of the Advent(trannies), who all have massive futa cocks. Vasari are actually humans from the future, what the TEC humans evolved into, whilst the futa-Vasari are the Advent. Their psychic powers grew so powerful their thoughts passively manifest into reality. Time-travel is literally the only way to escape them as the only limit to such power is imagination, so the Vasari went far back to a time no one remembers, in order to escape all the new ways of rape that were invented. This is also the corruption in the Unity that Advent Rebels have sensed; their descendents are using self-hypnosis to search their inherited memories for those sweet Vasari bum-holes, and any new ones.

I can't believe no one else figured this out.
>>
>>1197748
Because a plastic look makes something look friendlier and thus more like "the good guys", which the TEC nominally are if you go by the marketing.
>>
File: 34626246.jpg (445 KB, 1763x917)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
New sins 2 screenshot
>>
File: 197_104.png (883 KB, 1920x874)
883 KB
883 KB PNG
>>1198566
That's a little disappointing. I always felt the base Visari aesthetic was a little underwhelming and not distinct enough from the Advent. But the newest capital and the two titans were fantastic and I hoped that would be the new standard for future games. Even the keeping the old ships and just ret-conning them to have the more biological style would have been fine.
>>
>>1190983
They probably haven't paid their debts/taxes. For countless centuries.
>>
>>1199567
>Space IRS

Oh fuck.

>>1189449
>chase group of enemy capitals to starbase
>trap them between a fleet and the base
>watch as their ships are torn apart by missiles/lasers

Feels amazing
>>
>>1197988
Plastic makes shit look soulless, it benefits an evil corporation hiding behind a façade of friendliness more than anything.
>>
>>1197237
Its looks fine to me, did you people even play the original game? Its weird to imagine people who get excited for a Sins sequel but didn't even play the original Sins. Fucking zoomers man.
>>
>>1199603
That's not what the TEC is. The TEC were, at least in my interpretation of the lore, a loose economic union of various interstellar nations/orgranizations that were forcibly turned into NATO after the Vasari invasion. The TEC has megacorps in it, but it itself is not a megacorp hiding behind any facade.
>>
>>1199611
Nta but I'm pretty sure he's being satirical.
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/mo9cqg.ogg
>>
>>1199785
What's this from?
>>
Hope the fix corvettes no be op af, bombers having a useful niche, and Anti strike craft frigs be more useful against fighter screens.
>>
File: 1293475.jpg (141 KB, 719x592)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
chuckle
>>
>>1199214
How did you fall for that? Or did I fall for your ruse?
>>
>>1197237
I love SoaSE1 and I think it has amazing spaceship designs (Francois Cannels is my favorite spaceship designer ever), but the texture work, especially on TEC and Vasari ships and structures, are not a part of that - they were low-res even at the time, and muddy, and not complementing the ship shape whatsoever, making the palette of in-game models look worse than concept art. Those textures are really meh and only seem nice enough due to our habit, so I don't think that SoaSE2 loses anything by taking a new color palette for TEC at least. Meanwhile Advent ALREADY had a plastic toys aesthetic. The only potential issue in this department that I see is that TEC would need better visual distinction from Advent.

And in any case, I'm much more worried that they'll fuck up the gameplay.
>>
How do I git gud at sins 1?

Every scenario I start I just rush as many planets as possible build defenses and turtle until I have a fuckhuge fleet that cant be matched.
>>
File: The brick.jpg (42 KB, 714x561)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1189449
>For the Homeworld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbrbSXClJ4s&list=PL4033568B6970D286&index=39&ab_channel=pure
>>
Artstyle looks like a phone game and a le epic exclusive

I will stick to Sins 1
>>
List of fixes needed:
-Pirate raids
-Diplomacy
-Trade
-Trade raiding
-Bounties
-Anti-fighter frigs
-Corvette metas
>>
>>1200203
That's strategy is good against the AI.
Against a real player this game becomes very deep and strategic. I play in 5s (cometitive 5v5 matches between skilled player). There are countless guides where you can learn pvp strategies and there is a small but active competitive pvp community. There is also a competitive pvp discord channel (you can ask for an invite in the official sins discord channel)
>>
>>1201322
>SoaSE competitive
I dont know if im autistic enough for that, wish the AI was better ha
>>
>>1200203
Vs ai as vasari rebel i usually turtle until get titan+oculus with phase jump +3 or more caps.
>>
Looks like the devs might have taken our complaints about the artstyle seriously https://twitter.com/draginol/status/1574782439704117249?s=20&t=nU28Dzzc5iRZaEynYdnVqw
>>
>>1201789
Looks better but it's still not as industrial and detailed and missing the little greeblies of the original.
>>
File: 245.png (59 KB, 210x329)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>1201789
>first reply is a campaignfag
But it does have a campaign, and campaign you can customize and play.
What exactly are campaignfags asking for?
>>
>>1201792
Yeah, those flat sections towards the rear need more little details.
>>
>>1201789
How does that prove anything? Its just another picture of a model but this time it looks a little more rusty.
>>
File: MUCH DETALIZATION.png (642 KB, 834x505)
642 KB
642 KB PNG
>>1201792
>still not as ... detailed and missing the little greeblies of the original
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>1189893
Homeworld is a good game but the aesthetics and ship designs is possibly the weakest aspect of it and certainly not something to emulate.
>>
>>1203339
>black background with white squares to represent rooms with lights on

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
>>
>>1195215
A better benchmark would be how well that metro game did since Phoenix point was also dragged down by not being good.
>>
>>1204001
Metro was available for preorder for a short time on Steam. Same with Anno 1800. So it's not a good example.
>>
>>1193935
>>1194364
Looks too clean, I hate it.
>>
>>1204063
Just rub some poo on the screen when you play it
>>
File: 1592837479736.jpg (7 KB, 250x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
I hate the way the tec ships look
>>
>>1195644
You sound dumb. Please don't talk about this game since listening to you will surely ruin it. Go play starcraft 2
>>
>>1190192
SINS 2? Sweet, I'll be sur-
>EGS
Guess I'm not playing it. Fuck tencent and fuck epic.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.