[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 105 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: PtqwO.jpg (558 KB, 1920x1064)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
Hello, I was unable to archive the last CK2 GoT thread and I am hoping somebody can provide critical links to the patches provided in the thread.
>>1126846
>>
>>1165503
https://arch.b4k.co/vst/thread/1126846/
>>
>>1166061
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>1165503
Why did the mods ban the last thread? I made one too and they remove it as well. Merge anon if you're reading this, is there anyway to get in contact with you? Maybe a discord can be started.
>>
>>1166486
I think they were just deleting them, so you wouldn't even know the reason unless a warning came along with it. Though I think it is either the no general rule or "advertising" because we have mega and gitlab links.
Either way just avoid putting that stuff in the op itself
>>
>>1166486
The modder should be reachable at the gitlab I think https://gitlab.com/Methaneus/merged_agot/
>>
And for anyone that is looking for it here is the download link to the older versions
https://mega.nz/folder/5t41kIgJ#HzMxXcl25DgQpSR1hwHo5Q
The most recent one is on the gitlab but it might be buggier than the newest one in the mega link
>>
Can you just not climb by marriage in this mod? If a kid of mine inherits something, my heir switches
>>
>>1165503
This just got released, might be interesting to put into merge
https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/4323/agot-cripples-broken
>>
>>1167824
It feels harder to rise in rank overall. I've only played a few times but count to duke is fucking miserable.
>>
>>1167824
That doesn't sound right, you sure there isn't something else happening? What kind of inheritance is it
>>
>>1167786
i don't think there's a way to message someone on gitlab :( I just hope that Merge Anon checks everyday and sees that people are still waiting for updates
>>
>>1167975
I think random people can push updates to the gitlab. It seemed like that was what he was trying to do, drum up attention for a bit of a collaborative effort for the project.
>>
>>1168675
I'm curious how many people on here know how to mod. Makes me want to post it on the ck2 agot subreddit since people might know more there
>>
can someone add a map mod or something like that? I hate vanilla CK2 map
>>
>>1168872
do you mean something like this?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580608756
>>
>>1168974
yeah
>>
>>1168872
Some mapmods, like Clean Map Mode, work with every mod, same with all font mods. I think there were AGOT specific mapmods either on workshop or on forums. Few things will be displaced in YiTi, Westeros and Targaryen Islands, but it will work overall.
>>
>>1168789
>I'm curious how many people on here know how to mod.
I know how to make characters, make bloodlines and fuck around with the character gfx, I dont know anything else
>>
>>1167824
It’s a feature that’s supposed to preserve the “historical” dynasties like Tyrell, Stark, etc.
If you marry your son to some Lady Paramount, it will make her kids the same dynasty as her, I think. Best way to climb is to marry a second son or daughter, and arrange “accidents” or push an inherited weak claim
>>
is there any way to fix the god awful performance by any other than the westeros only mod
>>
>>1169382
Get better computer
I don't think there is anything else you could do. For whatever reason AGOT runs slower than ATE, Elder Kings or Warhammer mod without the New World. I remember it wasn't that bad before few last updates of the original mod and I could easily play long campaigns on the absolute potato.
>>
>>1168872
for vanilla https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1578835612
for agot https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/1647/sub-heavens-cartographic-tweak-agot
>>
>>1168789
I'm making a total conversion mod. I would cautiously say I know some things.
>>
File: 1636096451794.png (3.95 MB, 1935x890)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB PNG
>>1170399
Tell me more.
>>
>>1165503
>tfw now events for Cersei x myrish swamp
>>
>>1169382
Yeah, turn slavery off in the rules. That eliminates a lot of excess characters.
>>
>>1170585
Based
>>
>>1171236
GURMS best sex scene, even if fanfic writers do a better job at it.
>>
>>1171644
>GURMS best sex scene
I don't know, there are a lot of 13 and 14 year old Dany scenes its competing with
>>
>playing ck2 when ck3 exists
dumb
>>
>>1172311
>playing good game when bad game exists
dumb
>>
File: another happy ending.jpg (640 KB, 1911x1071)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
So I did a run as Joffrey, starting just before Ned was beheaded. I sent him to the Wall, and we're 4 years into the reign of King Joffrey.
>Where are they now
>Daenerys
Lost the liberation war in Mereen, I found her somewhere around Westeros and she actually accepted a marriage proposal. Has 1 son with Joffrey called Robert.
>Starks
Robb is still Lord of Winterfell, married to Myrcella. Ned never really recovered from his injuries and ended up dying at the Wall anyway. Jon's still just next in line for Lord Commander with the most votes, followed by Mace Tyrell, Renly, Victarion and Stannis in that order. As of 303, Jeor is still alive.
>Lannisters
Tywin is still alive, Jaime was never made Lord Commander as I never dismissed Barristan. Jaime was dismissed from the Kingsguard and is Tywin's heir, Tyrion is Lord of Castamere.
>Baratheons
Stannis and Renly are both at the Wall. Tommen is Lord of Storm's End and married to Shireen so at least that half of the family will have Baratheon blood.
>Greyjoys
Theon ended up Lord of the Iron Isles through a series of unfortunate events, currently is 'fabricating evidence of Lord Robb's treason'.
>Dorne and Reach
I deposed both Martells and Tyrells since they sided with Renly. Tarlys are Lords of the Reach and Tolands of Dorne, basically just gave it to whoever sided with Joffrey.
>Golden Company
Yung Griff crew never actually attacked, they're still in Essos
exiled Martells and Tyrells along with Euron have joined Aegon's team.
>>
>>1172467
Westeros is actually a pretty bad setting when you think about it.
The game remains only interesting for as long as historical characters are alive and any ruler in Westeros will have to fight for the iron throne.
The seven kingdoms are set. There's nothing else to conquer beyond them.
Essos is far more open but the lore is scarce at best and always in the shadow of westeros, so it's not fun to play there.
>>
>>1172606
The stepstones control the trade between the two continents, blood feuds between houses, and the massive foreign debt isn't dealt with in the mod, there's plenty there, just not implemented
>>
>>1172606
I disagree. It's not good but it's better than vanilla CK2 at least. The lack of retinue means that you actually have to keep your vassals happy, and if they're not happy, you get fucked hard during rebellions. The civil war mechanic makes it so that even if your vassals don't join the rebel, they won't join you, meaning you can't recruit their levies and outnumber the rebels. There are actual reasons to arrange marriage pacts instead of just traits.
>>
>>1172614
>better than vanilla CK2
very true but I feel like that's assumed here
>>1172611
also right.
issue is that, like in most paradox games, everything spirals out of control in a death struggle for highest tier title, and that realms are so unstable. Not being able to play a baron is also a major issue and was a major missed opportunity in CK3. Just spitballing but: too few counties, too few characters, uninteresting CK character generation in general, no court life, nothing to do but map paint (and map painting is, as said, very restricted), too little grey and too much black and white/ruler and vassal/law and tyranny, no trade and economy.
A few of these also inherent to the setting: kingdom boundaries not changing, the same lords for hundreds and hundreds of years. And then the CK2 AI thing where the AI doens't build anything and you're OP the moment you upgrade your castle and build a barracks.
>>
>>1172606
The novelty of the mod just wears off quickly. Once you've done a game as Dany, Stannis, Renly, Robb, etc there's not much to do from there on.
>>
File: 20210924011631_1.jpg (829 KB, 2560x1440)
829 KB
829 KB JPG
>>1172606
My most enjoyable long-ish game (I got the new-year crash after about 150 years) was where became King-Beyond-the-Wall as the Thenns, and raised them up to be a proper Kingdom. My Huge Fortress in Thenn Valley alone could raise like 12,000 men. Eventually I subsumed The North into my realm. I've always liked the Thenns as they see themselves as the last of the true first men, having some semblance of civilization and they seemed like the most fitting candidate to install some sort of law to Beyond-the-Wall. Unifying with The North just seemed like the appropriate grandiose extension of that.
They also have access to a really powerful dynastic elective inheritance. Overall it was one of the few campaigns I've had where I didn't begin to get bored as all the historical characters died off.
>>
File: ck2_103.png (887 KB, 1366x768)
887 KB
887 KB PNG
Fuck my life man I had a great game with Aegon the Conqueror.
Started during the Conquest, console impregnated my sister-wives with Rhaenys giving me a boy and Visenya giving me a girl, married them to each other (the girl inherited the Fair and Quick trait from me and Visenya while the boy got the Genius trait and was strong), I ruled from Harrenhal and had a long peace and when I reached the year of 8015, the game crashed
>>
>>1173702
who's gaemon?
>>
>>1173702
Have you put targaryen cadet dynasties to have bloodlines for the 7 kingdoms and rule said 7 kingdoms outside of the baratheons?
>>
>>1174375
I don't think there is enough even if you use the non-related affiliates
>Drace
>Baratheon
>Qoherys
>the four manually formed cadet dynasties
That still leaves like two open kingdoms.
>>
>>1174413
The Starks are descendent from Bran the Broken and Daenerys going back in time and fucking, so they are a Targaryen cadet branch. Screencap this.
>>
anyone else has their heir disinherited when they inherit another title that isn't yours?
>>
>>1174423
Nope, pretty sure that's a game rule you can turn on though
>>
>>1174469
What rule is this, if you don't mind me asking? I may have turned it on without knowing what it does.
>>
>>1174478
I can't check at the moment, I'll try and confirm later
>>
File: buggy ass mod.png (937 KB, 547x908)
937 KB
937 KB PNG
>>1174482
I can't find the game rule in question. None of it is labeled as disinheriting your heir if they inherit another title that isn't yours. I have this weird situation where my oldest son inherits some bumfuck castle held by some bumfuck relative and got cucked out of the line of succession.
>>
File: 20220830004054_1.jpg (707 KB, 2560x1440)
707 KB
707 KB JPG
>>1174767
I don't know what to tell you man, I just checked by jumping over to Ned and pollinating some wives and then console killing the Tullys until Robb inherited the Riverlands, and he's still my heir. It's either a game rule or you've fucked something else up on your end. Are you on the most current version?
>>
>>1174862
I used the latest version from gitlab. I did change some rules but none of them have anything to do with heir switching.
https://pastebin.com/4z2A0Xf0
I tried the exact same test you did and got no problem too. There must be other things needed to trigger it.
>>
>>1174250
he's gay, mon.
>>
>>1174868
It's probably just a bug
>>
>>1174939
yeah, probably. This is the second time this shit happened to my playthroughs.
>>
>>1175049
Who are you playing
Is what they are inheriting in a different independent realm
What is your inheritance law
>>
All the Manderlies are missing hair and bears, how do I fix this?
>>
>>1175254
I'm playing the frey. The land my heir inherits is still part of the 7 kingdoms. My inheritance laws is agnatic-cognatic primogeniture
>>
>>1175534
its a problem with the "former southron" culture/ethnicity
>>
>>1175534
It's one of the few bugs left on the current patch, Former Southron are all bald and nude
Qartheen also have floating ears
>>
Hey can you use the armor from another house if you have their bloodline? I think I want to do a Thenn game where I steal some bronze armor and maybe some Royce wives.
>>
so you guys think we'll get another update? the last update was a month ago
>>
>>1177255
You can update it yourself, that was how the gitlab was configured
>>
anon i think i may be a stupid nigger but i can't get the merged mod to work. I download the latest version from gitlab and put the unpacked files in the documents/ mod folder and activate it.
however the only thing the mod changes is the map, there are not new bloodlines and the portrait are the vanilla ones. please help
>>
>>1177303
Are you trying to use it with the original agot mod?
>>
Yes the only mods active are the base agot mod 2.2 and the merged one
>>
>>1177272
i'm a dumb dumb who doesn't know how to mod ck2 anon. i need to be spoonfed
>>
>>1177317
I believe you only run merged since merged is the base mod + all the stuff that was added. try to disable the base one and run only the merg?
>>
>>1177372
yeah lol i'm an idiot only the merged mod is needed
>>
>>1177381
I did the same thing, it's not something I would expect.
I don't even understand how it's able to work that way, doesn't base agot still require an installer?
>>
>>1170585
https://archiveofourown.org/works/1186610
https://archiveofourown.org/works/845733
https://archiveofourown.org/works/7731373
>>
File: 20220903075338_1.jpg (982 KB, 2560x1440)
982 KB
982 KB JPG
I might have figured out why The Gift keeps being lost by the Night's Watch, in my game the event to reward it to them in the first place just happened. If there is some sort of province tag associated with rewarding it to them, it might not be present in the start dates in which it should be
>>
>>1169381
>>1167824
It's annoyingly balanced in that it's very stable, like even your demesne is very small and even if you mod that out other vassals often call for realm peace and shit.
>>
What's happened to merge anon and the old thread? I was looking forward to playing as soon as a couple of bugfix passes had been made.
>>
>>1178995
Janny kept killing the threads, either for having links in the op or functionally being a general. We haven't heard from the original modder in a while but the game is very much playable now, there is a short list of bugs but they are easily ignored.
>>
>>1179064
Nobody is fixing them?
>>
>>1179367
Not that I know of, but I think anyone can create new sub branches on the gitlab
>>
Does rhollor magic not work for anyone else? Using the latest github download?

or am I missing something? I don't see the options on any of the menus
>>
alright so is there any tutorial for ck2 modding or any tips? I want to see if I can attempt to fix some of the minor issues first.
>>
>>1179873
Are you Favored by or Chosen by R'hllor? You can only look into the flames if you aren't.
>>
>>1180117
I'm tlaking about like healing magic and shit. Playing as stannis and I don't see the options for any of it despite sacrifcing lots to the flames and getting rhollor points

Do I need to give Mellisandre a certain role or someting?
>>
>>1180208
Who and what are you trying to heal? I'm not sure if it's the main mod or a submod, or if it's intentional, but you can't heal straight up maiming anymore. Stressed, depressed, illnesses, I think minor wounds, and I think the slow/thick trait are all healable. Right click your portrait and there is an option to heal yourself. Right click on who you are trying to heal and you will see the option to heal them even if it's greyed out because they aren't in your court.
>>
What's even the point of playing anywhere in Westeros, once Iron Throne is secured and peace returns the game becomes unplayably boring
>>
>>1180607
challenge yourself somehow. I never had a dull moment trying to stay in alive as Stannis' descendants. Even a simple peasant revolt can balloon into all 8 lord paramounts declaring independence at once. The king of the seven kingdoms is pretty powerless without dragons.
>>
>>1180607
I'm an autist and like basically letting the game play itself for a few generations after I've grabbed the Throne.

Sometimes interesting revolts happen, sometimes literally happens for 100+ years and I quit and do something new.
>>
>>1165503
Does the merged mod require a specific version of CK2 or the latest is ok?
>>
>>1181157
the merged mod is the latest version, anon
>>
>>1180607
Trying to hold the thing together with shitton of angry vassals.
One succession crisis and it's all over, just like it happened in-lore and happens irl.
>>
>>1180607
>>1180639
I have no idea how you guys even manage to play after the book characters all die out.
>>
>>1181312
Playing in Essos is fun because there is enough freedom with the mechanics at play there that you can play random characters and not got bored, unlikes Westeros where gameplay is entirely driven by events based on canon
>>
Konnichiwa,

Ore wa presento. Moderator-san wa faggot. Called my previous thread a general and warned me.

To janny: omae wa judeohomo.

Also watashi no arbeito very busy: I work in education, and September is September.

Any tomodachi who wish to contribute, you're welcome to fix some bugs on the Gitlab. One chad (Daemon) is still adding issues.
Kinda not too sure about a Discord (even tho I do use it), 4ch discords tend to turn into tranny autismo circlejerks.
>>
File: Velaryon Yi'ti.webm (473 KB, 960x540)
473 KB
473 KB WEBM
>>1181688
I don't think we need a discord as long as we can keep a thread going here, which seems to be okay for the moment as long as we keep links out of the op.
How difficult is it to fix map issues, like armies on Saltcliffe appearing to be standing in the Sunderly province and vice versa? I noticed Harlaw is a clusterfuck since it's like 6 provinces that are all scrambled, I had an army start sieging it and I had to go to like 5 different provinces to figure out which one they were actually standing on. Was gonna put it in the gitlab but I didn't want to scare you off thinking the province changes were fucked.
>>
>>1181688
I am not good at all about modding so I can't help actually correct issues but I could start opening tickets probably. Do you want suggestions to go in tickets as well or only bugs to be fixed?
>>
>>1181702
>How difficult is it to fix map issues
One of the easier things to learn.

>like armies on Saltcliffe appearing to be standing in the Sunderly province and vice versa?
This is incredibly easy to fix, but also incredibly tedious. It basically involves using the nudge tool to put them into it's place.
https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Positions.txt#Nudge
I didn't do it because I considered it low prio and it's incredibly tedious and boring. Work you make an intern do, desu. It's also possible the adjacencies are fucked in some provinces.

>>1181709
>Do you want suggestions to go in tickets as well or only bugs to be fixed?
Both would be good. I have a terrible memory and frequently get distracted by another anime or manga so it's best to have them there.

>>1178622
The d_the_gift title may be to blame for this, actually.

>>1181157
Latest CK2 version.
>>
File: 20220906140759_1.jpg (875 KB, 2560x1440)
875 KB
875 KB JPG
>>1181711
>The d_the_gift title may be to blame for this, actually.
Okay for the first time I've actually taken a harder look at the situation. Right at game start they have four duchies. One is the de jure for The Wall, one is de jure for the Gift, and two are titular NW titles. Of these four titles, only the primary NW duchy has NW elective, the other three are primogeniture. After unpausing they lose the duplicate titular NW duchy.
Further, the lord mayor or whatever in charge of The Gift doesn't even have the Black Brother trait.
And as a minor issue one of the castles that should be ruined over in Eastwatch just has a random non-brother Northman ruling it independently.
This was checked in Robert's Rebellion start, haven't checked to see if circumstances are constant in other dates.
>>
>>1181711
merge anon I love you and missed you. I was worried you'd never come back to the thread and we'd be left with an incomplete merged version. Is there any other way to contact you that's not discord or on here in case thread gets deleted again? I'm not sure if you read above, but I suggest putting this merged version on the ck2 got subreddit because there might be more people over there who know what they're doing taking a load off of you.
>>
>>1181711
also, thoughts on this submod and adding it to the merged version?

>>
>>1181711
And in case you've been too busy to notice, House of the Dragon came out and /got/hotd/ has been going non-stop for three weeks now. People post ck2 there relatively frequently and a lot of people were interested in using this version
>>
>>1181725
>Further, the lord mayor or whatever in charge of The Gift doesn't even have the Black Brother trait.
As far as I understand it, he shouldn't have one, since people living there are basically autonomous, they just have to pay taxes and supply the Night watch. And duchy of Gift shouldn't exist it should be de jure under the duchy of the Wall.
>>
>>1181825
I know that in the original mod The Gift is part of the Night's Watch, but now we have submods that actually have the event where the monarch gives The New Gift to The Watch as happened historically.
As for the lord mayor, I know they aren't actually black brothers but I could have sworn that in the original mod they get the trait, and I just thought that might be a contributing issue to them frequently falling under a new liege seemingly at random
>>
File: TeutonicOrder1422.png (744 KB, 800x557)
744 KB
744 KB PNG
>>1181825
It's part of the brotherhood yeah but I think it works better as semi-separate so it's detachable if any Northman king ever decides to take "his" land back.
Kinda like how the IRL Teutonic State was made up of semi-independent cities and bishoprics as well as regular commandries.
>>
File: 20220904225113_1.jpg (246 KB, 548x1072)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>1181711
Did you see that holy order bug I posted on the gitlab? I thought that was pretty funny when I saw it. And the AI will hire them
>>
>>1181842
how did it all become one state?
>>
>>1183251
Medieval bullshit basically.
It's what happens when you invite dispossessed G*rman knights who already got deported out of Transylvania for being dicks to settle your vulnerable frontier to ward off the local heathens.
Problem was they kept crusading even after the pagans all got baptized. The reason it was all hodge-podge territorially was because it consisted of various secular fiefs/religious dioceses/appointed commands carved out of conquered/pledged/sold/blatantly stolen land, very messy and only technically all-together,
>>
>>1181732
Gitlab, I guess. Just keep making threads, I'll be here. Idk.

>>1181725
I actually made d_the_gift into a de jure thing under k_nights_watch instead of it originally being just a titular duchy with the provinces being under d_nightswatch.
Honestly, it might just be that. But no code (that I can find) even touches on the basic NW titles.

>>1181879
I just did. Funny. Is it consistently on game start, or does it happens later? Are others affected?

>>1181796
I did! Gives me warm and fuzzy feelings inside.
>>
Do I need any DLC to play merged, or is just having the base game fine? If I need the DLC, I'll just re-pirate them or use a pass
>>
File: 20220908145059_1.jpg (977 KB, 2560x1440)
977 KB
977 KB JPG
>>1183347
>Is it consistently on game start, or does it happens later?
Just checked Aegon's invasion and it's at game start.
>Are others affected?
In checking I've found something else. The Poor Fellow's and the Warrior's Sons exist, but they don't show up in the Holy Order tab and both titular ducal lords don't seem to have any men. I checked bot the Faith Militant uprising start and then the Baelor start giving the Faith enough authority to reform the faith militant. I can't see them in the holy order tab in either of them. Not sure what other religions are supposed to have holy orders to check those as well.
I'll add it to the gitlab later
>>
File: umm.jpg (58 KB, 976x850)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
How do I install the CK2 AGOT merge mod? I've never modded CK2 before
>>
>>1183493
Drop it in documents/paradox interactive/crusader kings II/mod
>>
>>1183496
I know the mod placement location, but do I need to move every .mod file up into the /mod folder?
>>
>>1183521
Yes you have to put the mod in the mod folder
>>
>>1183524
>>
>>1183521
The .mod files sit in the /mod folder, right next to all the folders containing mods.
>>
>>1183563
Thanks, mate
>>
Major bugs with the mod so far
>the same character will tame multiple dragons, Daemon in one game has literally 4 fully grown dragons tamed to him
>Rhollor magic doesn't work
>can't name my own children
>duels never happen
>>
>>1183614
>the same character will tame multiple dragons, Daemon in one game has literally 4 fully grown dragons tamed to him
I'm pretty sure that's intentional with one of the submods. You're supposed to then assign the dragons to whoever you want. The only major bug associated with this is that when you assign away all your dragons you still have the dragonrider trait. This triggers the event that is basically just made for people that console themselves the dragonrider trait and it generates a new dragon for you.
>Rhollor magic doesn't work
R'hllor magic definitely works.
>can't name my own children
Are they bastards? You can always rename them if you claim them and they return to your court
>duels never happen
What duels? Battlefield duels? Warrior society duels? Trials by combat? Because I've seen all of them many times
>>
>he doesn't start in asshai
>he doesn't convert to r'hllor
>he doesn't tame a wild dragon
>he doesn't marry daenerys
>he doesn't conquer westeros
Why are you even playing this game?
>>
File: 20220620194952_1.jpg (918 KB, 2560x1440)
918 KB
918 KB JPG
>>1183847
I prefer doing that backwards
>>
>>1183826
Ah I see, could you explain how I assign dragons then? Is it through the console or....? how does that work
>>
>>1183847
>he doesn’t get the hot female characters fat to satisfy his fetish
>>
>>1184101
You right click on someone and there’s an option to gift dragon. I’m not sure about the conditions (family, in your court, have to have dragon blood, etc)
>>
>>1184161
but how do I solve the issue of someone who isn't me having multiple dragons? Like in the dance of dragons bookmark for example Daemon taming like 4 dragons himself
>>
File: 23432531412.jpg (29 KB, 410x598)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1184110
>>
>>1183847
Basilisk isles are objectively the most fun
>>
>>1184110
I’d plow a chubby Margaery like you wouldn’t believe.
>>
anyone else have the problem where the new gift and brandons gift keep going away from the nights watch and to other random characters in westeros? fucking annoying
>>
>>1184356
Yeah, read the thread. Gift broken right now.
>>
>>1184254
Would that fix her awful tits?
>>
>>1184169
Not sure, I don't usually play start dates with that many dragons
>>
>>1167824
Man I dont know how you people find this hard.
I have to actively handicap myself to stop myself from becoming a duke in a couple years.
>>
File: 20220909102303_1.jpg (912 KB, 2560x1440)
912 KB
912 KB JPG
What should I rename Vaes Dothrak to? I'm thinking Stone Mountain
>>
I've been thinking of making new bloodlines and rebalancing some, what characters or houses should get one? so far I've thought of
>general Cole bloodline (+1 stewardship)
>general Mudd bloodline (not sure, I just feel like they should have one besides Tristifer IV's)
>The Weeper bloodline (+1 martial, +5 combat skill, +5 free folk, -5 northmen and nights watchman, cruel)
>reintegrate Theon Stark's bloodline (+1 martial, +5 combat skill, not sure what else, note: I've reduced cregan stark's +2 martial to +1)
>Morna Whitemask bloodline (+1 intrigue, mystics, +5 free folk, +5 combat skill)
I've also taken some of the bloodlines from the mod cripples, bastards and broken things and rebalanced them a bit
>Rogue Prince (+1 martial, +5 combat skill, brave, modifiers to morale, note: I've reduced Aegon the conqueror's martial +2 martial to +1)
>Darkstar (+1 martial, ambition, +5 combat skill)
>Otto Hightower (+2 stewardship, ambition)
>Janos Slynt (ambition)
>>
>>1184531
>reintegrate Theon Stark's bloodline, not sure what else
Add wroth, Starks are often temperamental
Fix Walder Frey Bloodline, their opinion penalty is ridiculous and it's on the top of the mod dynastic blood stain mechanic. Make it -5 general opinion, -5 riverlander opinion and -10 northman opinion.
Maybe give Kettleblacks +1 intrigue and ambition, unless they already have something.
>>
>>1184531
I've wanted a Slynt bloodline for a long time. It should be a Vile Bloodline with many hating you, and should increase the chance of the ugly trait. As for the positive, it could be ambitious, deceitful, ruthless, intrigue. Take your pick, really.
The difficult part is that he needs his house armor that gets described like three different times.
>>
>>1184406
Perhaps. Natalie Dormer is like twice book Margaery’s age anyways, so I don’t think she would have pancake tits in the book universe.
>>
>>1184587
>Add wroth, Starks are often temperamental
>Fix Walder Frey Bloodline, their opinion penalty is ridiculous and it's on the top of the mod dynastic blood stain mechanic. Make it -5 general opinion, -5 riverlander opinion and -10 northman opinion.
>Maybe give Kettleblacks +1 intrigue and ambition, unless they already have something.
noted, will do
>>1184591
>It should be a Vile Bloodline with many hating you, and should increase the chance of the ugly trait. As for the positive, it could be ambitious, deceitful, ruthless, intrigue. Take your pick, really.
as far as I know there's no "tend to be ugly" modifier like "tend to be fair" does, I could instead give each slynt male a the "ugly" trait or give the bloodline a -5 opinion and a -5 sex appeal, for positives maybe a +1 intrigue, ambitious and ruthless will do?
>The difficult part is that he needs his house armor that gets described like three different times.
I have to be honest I dont know how to add armors/artifacts, sorry about that
>>
>>1184611
>as far as I know there's no "tend to be ugly" modifier like "tend to be fair" does
Really? I didn't know the process to add it, just that it already existed for tall/huge/giant, appealing/attractive/immaculate, and capable/solid/strong
>I have to be honest I dont know how to add armors/artifacts, sorry about that
It's been requested for MB a few times, hopefully they add it
>Make it -5 general opinion, -5 riverlander opinion and -10 northman opinion
That seems a little mild, they are really reviled. But I suppose the one extra generation of dynastic stain combined with it could work.
>>
>>1184633
>Really? I didn't know the process to add it, just that it already existed for tall/huge/giant, appealing/attractive/immaculate, and capable/solid/strong
I guess one could make a version for that but for ugly, but as far as I remember there is no house that have a dynastic/familiar uglyness besides the slynts
>It's been requested for MB a few times, hopefully they add it
yeah, I really hope they do add more artifacts on 2.3, I'm actually not sure if the 2.3 beta has added any artifacts, it seems it has mostly added new bloodlines (obviously), new events, new character GFX and a couple of changes to the religions and map
>That seems a little mild, they are really reviled. But I suppose the one extra generation of dynastic stain combined with it could work.
I kind of agree that the big negative opinions are a bit of an overkill gameplay wise, but it does make sense in the lore
>>
>>1184642
>but as far as I remember there is no house that have a dynastic/familiar uglyness besides the slynts
Well arguably the rat-faced Freys, but I know what you mean there isn't one already in the mod you can just copy over.
>>
what are some fun starts?

I keep trying the Jon Snow AFFC but it's too hard
>>
>>1184110
Cersei should start out with gluttonous and fat
>>
>>1184653
The Rogue Prince is a blank canvas, basically a mini-Aegon. Other than that, the Ironborn and Thenns (I say Thenns specifically because they can get Tanistry which is actually good) and just raid, reave, and rape to your hearts content. As Ironborn it's actually pretty easy to win the Kingsmoot as a nobody, just pledge the maximum amount of money (500 ducats) to the Kingsmoot and get your prestige as high as possible via non-stop raiding.
Jon isn't hard but it's reliant on some rng, if Stannis fucks up and loses his war super quick it resets your war, etc. I already did one game with him but I'm planning another where I try to do it as perfectly as possible.
>>
>>1184655
She's not fat yet. But with gluttonous she's on her way there.
>>
>>1184656
what's your jon snow perfect stategy gonna be? And do you have any special game rules for Jon?

I set demand religous conversion to unrestricted when I play rhollor otherwise it's unplayable kinda, also normally I have white walkers on hard, but with jons start I set it back to normal
>>
>>1184659
She’s probably still thin enough in the war of the five kings start date, but she is getting too fat for her dresses at least by the king on the wall start date.
>>
File: 20220828050823_1.jpg (866 KB, 2560x1440)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
>>1184662
>what's your jon snow perfect stategy gonna be?
It's pretty autistic
>get as many male bastards as possible from Melisandre, they're going to get cadet dynasties
>Install the Harstarks in White Harbor
>Install the Barstarks in the Barrowlands
>Install the Dreadstarks in the Dreadfort
>Install the Winterholds in Skagos, renaming the province and castle to Winterhold
>Install the Blackwoods in Blackwood Vale, ruling over the Wolfswood
>Install the Dogsheads as rulers of the North Clans
>Create a dynasty for the Lord o' Bones, appropriately named Bones, give him Moat Cailin
>ensure that everyone converts to R'hllor
>Get rid of all the Flints
That's pretty much it. I also really want the Cerwyns to survive, they annoyingly have a tendency to marry their last female in a non-matrilineal marriage. Also want to seize the Cassel's land but give them something new elsewhere. Maybe they can be moved to Skagos along with the Mollens
>And do you have any special game rules for Jon?
Do you mean like the R+L=J rules? I just allow all of that. Other than that I'm just going to use my normal rule setup with one alteration, the North is really poor and it takes way too long to build up enough money to do anything, so I think I'll turn on the rule to allow anyone to raid. Which is still going to be a pain because you don't start with any docks.
>I set demand religous conversion to unrestricted when I play rhollor otherwise it's unplayable kinda
It's pretty easy to do it with R'hllor, just wait until they are sick, stressed, depressed, and give them a role in your court if they don't already have one, then use R'hllor magic to heal them. Savescum it if you want, it's slightly rng (as long as they aren't zealous, in which case they will refuse). They convert when they are healed.
>>
>>1184669
Yeah but I assume her dresses were pretty tight. The fat trait is full on blown out neck fat.
>>
>>1184680
I’d imagine it would be hard to tell her she’s getting a double chin.
>>
>>1184647
there are a couple of attractive freys, but seems like an exception than the norm
>>1184653
>>1184662
>AFFC Jon
it is doable, first of all you have to raise the night's watch levies and if you accept the offer, they become yours, if you dont like doing that it is still possible
my plan is that you immediatly hunt down roose bolton, you look where he is and battle his army, I have the game rule that increases the battlefield duels so I have a higher chance of dueling him and capturing him if possible, after that the north is yours
>old gods jon
you can recruit the blackfish, I recommend you to immediatly declare the war for the dawn and go there ASAP, if you know how battle works you can win against the Others easily, now the problem is that stannis 99% of times WILL lose, so you might get sent to jail and have to trial by combat, it's possible that you might have gotten the duelist trait by now so it's not that much of a problem unless tommen chooses one of the top tier fighters
after that you should do the R+L=J event, now to win the throne depends on some things, for example if littlefinger married sansa to harry or to himself, if euron won the reach or if you married Val or someone else
>rhllor jon
a little bit more difficult since you cant recruit most westerosi characters, BUT if daenerys has gone through some of her event chains then maybe victarion has stolen one of her dragons and you can recruit him
same as regular jon try to win against the others asap and get the iron throne, might be easier if you have victarion and can either keep him or kill him and get the dragon for yourself
one final thing, remember to look for bran, arya and rickon, though the latter might be found by the davos in skagos event, also a thing you can do is to invite brandon stark's bastard daughters to your court
>>
does anyone have any good Game of Thrones (show) soundtrack mixes for playing the game? There was this one that I used for like a year that was fucking AMAZING, if anyone remembers it had like a picture of Jaime charging Drogon, and then like Jon and Ghost

but they fucking deleted it off jewtube
>>
>>1184699
I also console cheat so some lords join the boltons (ryswell, whitehill, dustin, flint of flints finger) while the rest join stannis, I also cheat so harry marries sansa and littlefinger schemes to kill sweetrobin
I've also edited the event and character history so some free folk characters join you instead of getting random characters once the event troops spawn, I really wish I knew how to make it so some of the nights watchmen quit the watch and join your court
>>1184678
>Install the Harstarks in White Harbor
I dont really like that since the manderlys are fucking based
>Install the Barstarks in the Barrowlands
I'm conflicted because the dustins still live and they deserve to be reinstalled in barrowton
>Install the Dreadstarks in the Dreadfort
I usually give that to tormunds son toregg, but I remember reading somewhere in the night lamp theory that mance rayder would get the dreadfort for his work and I've been thinking of doing that instead
>Install the Dogsheads as rulers of the North Clans
I dont delete the north clans since they were loyal to stannis, and there are better free folk to give land to
>Create a dynasty for the Lord o' Bones, appropriately named Bones, give him Moat Cailin
tangent but I really fucking hate that rattleshirt is alive and joins jon snow, why did the mod devs never make the mance/rattleshirt swap? what's worse is that most of the time mance gets burnt and you cant do anything about it, I kind of want him to join jon's court but at the same time I'm afraid I might fuck up an event if I do that
>Get rid of all the Flints
why though?
>That's pretty much it. I also really want the Cerwyns to survive, they annoyingly have a tendency to marry their last female in a non-matrilineal marriage. Also want to seize the Cassel's land but give them something new elsewhere. Maybe they can be moved to Skagos along with the Mollens
in my games she either marries her cerwyn cousin or one of ramsays friends
>>
>>1184709
>I dont really like that since the manderlys are fucking based
They're okay, but it works out well since Former Southron is bugged and they're all hairless and naked.
>I'm conflicted because the dustins still live and they deserve to be reinstalled in barrowton
Fuck them and their crowned CoA, only room for one King in this Kingdom
>I usually give that to tormunds son toregg, but I remember reading somewhere in the night lamp theory that mance rayder would get the dreadfort for his work and I've been thinking of doing that instead
Do you have access to either of them? I didn't notice them in my playthrough. Initially I renamed it to the Dogfort and gave it to Halleck Dogshead, but when I saw the Dreadwolf cadet dynasty I knew I had to give it to them
>I dont delete the north clans since they were loyal to stannis
Not all of them, just the Flint land and the ducal title so they rule over the other Northern Clans
>and there are better free folk to give land to
Not many with a decent CoA, though. Plus I feel like it synergizes too well with the Starks
>tangent but I really fucking hate that rattleshirt is alive and joins jon snow
I forgot to mention I also give him Ramsay's bone-hilt scimitar to match his bone armor.
>why though?
Not racist just don't loik 'em
>in my games she either marries her cerwyn cousin or one of ramsays friends
Maybe he died immediately in my game, but when I checked she was the last of her house.
Also, uprooting the Cassels and Mollens is partially due to me being desperate to expand my own holdings but that might not be as much of an issue if I allow myself to go raiding. They're just so damn poor, I need like a several thousand ducat cash infusion just to get some basic upgrades going. Meanwhile in my current game colonizing the Great Grass Sea I was getting like 20 ducats a month because I colonized some trade post provinces first.
>>
>>1184715
>They're okay, but it works out well since Former Southron is bugged and they're all hairless and naked.
I know the issue but I've never used a git page before so I dont know how to make my own fixes
>Fuck them and their crowned CoA, only room for one King in this Kingdom
fair enough, roddy the ruin was based though
>Do you have access to either of them? I didn't notice them in my playthrough. Initially I renamed it to the Dogfort and gave it to Halleck Dogshead, but when I saw the Dreadwolf cadet dynasty I knew I had to give it to them
no, you cant recruit him regularly, like I said I modified the character history so he is in the wall with jon at the start of AFFC, once jon quits the watch toregg will stay with jon since he isnt part of the watch either, it's the same system with halleck dogshead and rattleshirt
>Not all of them, just the Flint land and the ducal title so they rule over the other Northern Clans
ah I see
>Not many with a decent CoA, though. Plus I feel like it synergizes too well with the Starks
eh, I think some of them have a pretty alright CoA, tormunds, morna whitemask, weeper and soren shieldbreaker come to mind
>I forgot to mention I also give him Ramsay's bone-hilt scimitar to match his bone armor.
I usually sell it to get some money lmao
>Not racist just don't loik 'em
fair enough
>Maybe he died immediately in my game, but when I checked she was the last of her house.
probably, I think she has one or two cousins
>Also, uprooting the Cassels and Mollens is partially due to me being desperate to expand my own holdings but that might not be as much of an issue if I allow myself to go raiding. They're just so damn poor, I need like a several thousand ducat cash infusion just to get some basic upgrades going. Meanwhile in my current game colonizing the Great Grass Sea I was getting like 20 ducats a month because I colonized some trade post provinces first.
that's true, you really get a shortage of money sometimes
>>
How do I advance Darkstar? Getting control of the High Lordship from Elric is easy enough but after that I stall out, seems impossible to get the high lordship. I can marry Dany matrillinly but she won't give me a fucking dragon.
>>
>>1184798
*seems impossible to get control of Dorne
sorry
>>
>>1184798
Did you seduce Dany? I'm not sure sure the specifics but she seems to throw dragons at her ill-suited spouses in my games
>>
>>1184808
I just married her matrillinily. Do you think maybe that affects whether she gives away a dragon? When I played as Jon and married her normally she give me one once, but never so far as Darkstar.

Are you saying like making her my lover might increase chances?
>>
>>1184815
I don't know for sure, I just thought it might be opinion based
>>
>>1184659
hot
>>
>the Hoares retreated into the broken Nettlemont province
>now I can't exterminate their line
>my entire Aegon conquest campaign ruined

pls fix
>>
I heard that the merge was pretty stable but I am definitely not seeing that here, trying it for the first time. The gift is constantly usurped by some random fuck in the Iron Throne, the Manderlys and all other people of Former Southron culture are all nudists, multiple times I've had a dozen or more women generated in my court only to immediately die (and no, they weren't High Valyrian).

It just seems fucked.
>>
>>1184867
Just console the province over to you
>>
>>1184874
Well that's not instability, instability is crashing. Former Southron is just the last culture with bugged gfx that needs to get fixed and there is some wonkiness with the gift being a separate duchy from the wall. They're pretty minor and it doesn't really affect anything, but if it bothers you that much just wait for it to get fixed.
I haven't seen tons of women being generate and immediately culled either.
>>
>>1184881
All those women generating is lagging the game to shit. Vanilla AGOT was slow like 50 years in, merged slows down to a crawl for me one year in.

And the wall title is more than minor, random lords keep inheriting it so it keeps growing in size and eating up parts of the Iron Throne title, and nerfing the already terribly weak night's watch even further.
>>
>>1184878
it has no character and thus no id for me to transfer it. When the Iron Island armies go into the province it's like a black hole they disapear from the game, It's completely broken.
>>
>>1184888
You said he's holding the broken province. It's broken because there are two of them, and the title history is assigned to the wrong one. You can see the title id by looking at the title. It's c_nettlebank
>When the Iron Island armies go into the province it's like a black hole they disapear from the game, It's completely broken
As far as I can tell armies just can't move through the province
>>1184886
>All those women generating is lagging the game to shit. Vanilla AGOT was slow like 50 years in, merged slows down to a crawl for me one year in
I just played a 200 some odd year campaign and it was just barely starting to slow down. I never saw tons of generated females slowing the game down one year in.
>And the wall title is more than minor, random lords keep inheriting it so it keeps growing in size and eating up parts of the Iron Throne title
I haven't seen that happen yet. It mostly just happens with the lands of whoever starts in control of the Night's Watch in that start date.
>>
>>1184886
Isn’t the Night’s Watch supposed to be on its last legs?
>>
>>1184910
Exactly, so it doesn't need to be fucked over even more by losing both of the gifts.
>>
>>1184913
It's like 400 levies, it's annoying but it isn't exactly making the difference with the watch
>>
Why'd the bone mountain kingdoms change to chink portraits? Their old ones were much better.
>>
>>1184945
They're Tibetan portraits, I can't really remember how the old ones looked.
>>
>>1184948
The women looked much better in the old ones, don't really care about the men.
>>
What does the merged mod add that isn't in the basic AGOT mod?
>>
>>1184958
sex
>>
>>1184958
Two different map reworks, a regional rework for Yi'ti, a bunch of new provinces, a fuckload of new bloodlines, strong seeds, artifacts, valyrian steel swords, more cultures, more bookmarks
>>
>>1172467
>Stannis and Renly are both at the Wall. Tommen is Lord of Storm's End
disgusting
>>
I pushed an undo on what I did for the New Gift duchy, alongside a possible fix for Nettlebank/mont while I figure out which one is correct.

>>1184709
>why did the mod devs never make the mance/rattleshirt swap
Guess they overlooked that. Make an issue on the git (so I won't forget) and I'll switch their deaths around.

>>1184888
>>1184889
Wot? I thought that was fixed. I'll take a look.
>>
>>1185122
Shouldn't Asabhadi culture be in Hyrkooni culture group? We know next to nothing about this place, but the name sounds close to Bayasabhad, Hyrkooni fortress. Right now their culture is in YiTish grouo, but two local counts follow hyrkooni religion.
>>
>>1185163
>Right now their culture is in YiTish grouo
change their chink portraits while you're at it
>>
>>1185163
>>1185183
According to wiki, "Asabhad is a city at the western boundary of Yi Ti ... east of the Bone Mountains. ... Situated on a trade route connecting Qarth and Yin"
According to cultures file, "Mix of Hyrkoon and Yi Ti".

Guess it's supposed to be a frontier or melting pot culture.
>>
>>1185236
I don't have a gitlab account and I'm too lazy to make one so I'll say this here instead.

IMO, Maelys the Monstrous should be updated so he has the Brawny trait in addition to strong. He was supposed to have inhuman strength, enough to kill a horse with a punch and twist the head off of a human, which the Strong trait alone doesn't convey. I think in exchange for the bonuses he gets from Brawny, he should also get Cruel, because, y'know, you don't twist the neck off of your cousin and King and just get to call that being ruthless. He's monstrous in every sense of the word.

Also, there really needs to be some event support for winning the Ninepenny Kings as Maelys. I know it's retardedly unlikely but it's one of my favorite scenarios to play, and I've always been frustrated that whenever I win it the game basically tells me it is working as designed that the Targs will continue to control Dragonstone and none but Jahaerys and Aerys can be brought to justice. Rhaegar will just hold Dragonstone even if I kill them both, and unless I want to imprison Rhaegar, his grandmother and his mother and execute at a mass hit to tyranny and opinion, with a chance for a rebellion, there's no way to address that. Hell, even if you do that the title doesn't go to you, it goes to the Targ married to the Baratheon Lord Paramount.

Given Blackfyre claims in general, if Maelys wins the Targs in the realm should be unlanded and the entire family (aside from the Baratheon's wife) should be put in Maelys's dungeon for him to decide what to do with them all. The tyranny hit will still be there for executing them, but none of that nonsense about the Targaryens just being allowed to control Dragonstone after a usurper takes the throne.
>>
>>1185256
Don't you get free claim on Dragonstone as a Blackfyre? Targs get it. Maelys is fun, who did you marry? I think I forcefully married Rhaella, when I played him, long time ago. Also, Band of Nine should start as friends, or at least have large relation bonus to one another.
>>
>>1185314
You do get a free claim, I forgot about that, though for me it took years for it to finally appear. I still think it's a little weird that there isn't any event support to handle imprisoning the Targs in some capacity, though, because there's no way any Blackfyre, not just Maelys, would just revoke the titles and let them go free. Banishment to the Wall would be the least harsh punishment one could expect.

In my game I also forcibly married Rhaella, under the logic that I wanted to stabilize my rule through marriage ties with the Targaryen.

I don't think the Band of Nine should start as friends, since they all didn't really care about each other beyond what they could do to allow each other to achieve their aims, but I do think that they should get a +50 opinion bonus with one another to represent the shaky alliance. As it is, too many of them start with completely hostile opinions of Maelys, which weakens an already criminally weak ruler further. I don't think Maelys should be strong by any stretch, but he already faces a 10:1 disadvantage, so it shouldn't be made worse by his willing allies despising him so much that he can't even count on them for reasonable support.
>>
>>1185256
>IMO, Maelys the Monstrous should be updated so he has the Brawny trait in addition to strong
What about the Imposing trait? Or the Sturdy trait? There are a lot of options that could be used in various combinations for just how much of a physical monster various characters should be. While we are on the subject, Bronn should probably have one of those energetic traits since he's described as being like a skeleton corded with tight muscle.
>>
>>1185122
I tested the latest github, nettlemont/bank still messed up as far as I could tell, I tried messing around with assigning c_nettlebank and c_nettlemont to various characters to make it usable but still the province just has lines through it and is unclickable

also I think the colors for all the kingdoms in westeros got messed up, my Westerlands are yellow now, so is the vale

thx for making the mod btw
>>
>>1185446
I think that Brawny is the stronger version of Sturdy so he should definitely have Brawny instead, he is physically beyond human limits of strength due to his deformity. But for the same reason I would say he shouldn't have imposing, because he's misshapen. He's intimidating in his own way, I suppose, but there's nothing which indicates that he's of particularly great height.
>>
>>1185475
I'm not sure if brawny and sturdy are in the same chain, but if they are then the better one would be appropriate. Imposing doesn't imply height, so for Maelys lacking tall/huge/giant and instead having Brawny Strong and Imposing seem like that might even out.
There definitely needs to be some sort of actual resolution for Maelys winning though, same for every major conflict bookmark having some sort of event driven resolution
>>
>>1185122
I haven't tried the newest one but on the previous version Nettlemont/Bank was still busted
>>
File: 20220910172952_1.jpg (913 KB, 2560x1440)
913 KB
913 KB JPG
>Jon AFFC
>Lord o' Bones' son, Jym Bones, grows up to be a Formidable Fighter and Knight, training the next generation of Stark children at arms while using his father's Bone armor and a Bone-hilt Falchion.
Kino
>>
>>1180210
Correction, cure ailment and cure malformation are two different. Ailment costs 1 sacrifice point and is for wounded, depressed, etc. Malformation can cure major wounds and genetic deformities but costs 2 sacrifice points and requires you to be Chosen by R'hllor rather than just favored.
>>
Whenever there's a tourney at least 5-8 girls are randomly generated and die the same day they're generated.
>>
Catelyn should probably have the appealing or attractive trait. It made sense not to give it to her before because it was putting her on the same level as Cersei and Margaery, but now that there are tiers she should really have one of them
>>
>>1185629
I actually gave her attractive/fair_1 in my files
>>
I feel like I know the answer to this, but is there ever a 'good' outcome to the lunatic event to drink wildfire, or is it always a toss-up between becoming retarded and just dying outright?
>>
>>1185678
Doesn't the event list the possible results?
>>
>>1185694
I've never actually gotten it myself, just gotten the popup from other people drinking it.
>>
File: 無題.png (2.03 MB, 1366x768)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
So now what do I do?
>>
>>1185772
Build the ports and start raiding the free cities.
Ultimately your options are limited though because you're stuck with that shitty inheritance. I always recommend the Thenns because they can get Tanistry.
>>
>>1185775
Cant you get like 8 boats with the ports? Thats not enough to fight the free cities
>>
>>1185901
8 per level one port. First Forest is bugged and ships can't leave there, but you can build two in Hardhome, one in Night Valleys, and one in Antler Vale right from the beginning. You can also build three on the opposite side but that's tedious early on. That means 32 galleys, which means 3200 men. Not that you even need that much, you can take a one-province Ironborn house and raid non-stop with 12 ships and get enough prestige and money to win the Kingsmoot easily.
And with most of the upgrades costing prestige for the Wildlings you can snowball very quickly with the raiding. 8 ships is more than enough but that's only the first upgrade.
>>
>>1165503
Is there any plan to get GOT Mod into CK3?
I couldn't find any in the workshop
>>
Should I leave the marriage AI on? I'm gonna play Century of Blood or Bleeding Years so no need to worry about Danny marrying Lord Bumblefuck of Tinseltown or something like that, and I hear the marriage AI tanks the performance a lot.
>>
>>1185923
Yeah, modders are slowly working on it. First bookmark will be Robert's Rebellion.
>>
>>1185678
Theres a 1% chance of becoming a dragon
>>
>>1185236
What calculations are run on month start? I'm about 100 years into my game right now and the month-start calculations are starting to become brutal, it takes a full second to run, and it seems to be getting worse faster. I know this might not be a huge priority but a performance patch to some of those month-start calculations would be a huge help for being able to stick with a campaign.
>>
I downloaded latest fork, however it seems something is fucked with colors of kingdoms. I remember Iron Throne being gray, its bright green, Dorne is red, North is piss yellow. What did i do wrong
>>
>>1186097
i don't think you did anything wrong. i also see piss colors
>>
>>1186097
>>1185454
>>1186138
What the fuck.
Can you guys clear the map cache? I've been cleaning up the titles files.
>>
>>1186147
I have the piss colors too, and I'd never used the merge before and didn't even have a folder for AGOT in my documents. I thought it was intentional and I was actually about to complain about it.
>>
File: Example.jpg (1.93 MB, 1920x4317)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
>>1186147
Here's an example for you. Political, duchies, Kingdoms and Empires. You can see Duchies is particularly troublesome because south of the North in Westeros they're all no color, it's almost impossible to differentiate them. A lot of the Kingdoms in Westeros share the same piss color too, which can make them hard to tell apart.
>>
>>1186156
>south of the North
Aside from the Riverlands, I meant. Not sure how I got that.
>>
>>1186156
>>1186157
motherfucker I guess I missed a bracket somewhere
give me a minute
>>
https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/4304/agot-homes-houses-1-7
big fan of these submods for MB, would be sweet for the province/house additions to merged
>>
>>1185923
Check back in 2026
>>
>>1186260
homes just seems like massive overkill, I don't really like the notion of every province having like two holdings in them. It would be nice if it had the Beyond the Wall changes though, especially the dynamic CoAs and provinces for the extra lords there wasn't room for on the map at all like Rattleshirt, Harma, etc. I don't really get the point of the other mod. Seems like half the stuff you have to edit the save file to utilize the cadet dynasties? No one is going to bother with that.
>>
Does the marshal improving children command actually work? I've sat on a hundred year of 30% + chance to improve a children and it never did anything
>>
File: 無題.png (2.13 MB, 1366x768)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
>>1185775
Well I took the wall. Guess I'll raid the Free Cities after.
>>
>>1186481
I'm not sure of the specifics, but I think so. It's kind of hard to tell because sometimes it fires even without them specifically on train children.
>>
>>1186487
Nope, now you're going to get raped by an event that forces you to invade Westeros or take huge penalties.
>>
File: 20220912000736_1.jpg (884 KB, 2560x1440)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
>>1186481
Maybe the percentage per year is just him using the "train" interaction which has several possible outcomes. Spread out across several children it might seem like he isn't doing much.
>>
>>1185772
how do you not get buck broken by the white walkers?
>>
File: unknown.png (2.34 MB, 1366x768)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
>>1186537
Dunno, whatever event chain they may have never fired. Maybe it's because I started from Robert's Rebellion? I've just been raiding the Free Cities.
>>
whats a good start for a first playthrough?
>>
>>1186877
It really depends entirely on what you want to do. If you want an easy as fuck start, Aegon during the Conquest would be easiest because you have a dragon and your two wives also have dragons. Danaerys during A Feast for Crows is also pretty easy since she has dragons too.
>>
I've been experiencing a lot of crashes lately, no message just back to desktop game closed
>>
File: 20210924162634_1.jpg (824 KB, 2560x1440)
824 KB
824 KB JPG
>>1186537
This was in MB, not merged, but in this game the WW only showed up with like 3k men. They snowball very quickly of course, but if you are King Beyond the Wall and you have even a little time to build up your realm, the WW stand no chance of beating you with their initial invasion
>>
>>1186890
What version
>>
>>1187049
3.3.5, can't roll back because of (content file locked)
>>
File: 20220912182733_1.jpg (873 KB, 2560x1440)
873 KB
873 KB JPG
Well that's a new one
>>
any events for playing slavers bay and beating dany in her quest for liberation? if not there should be, that would be kino.
>>
>>1187121
This happens to me all the time. Small provinces that are just septs constantly suffer nomad agitation and flip nomadic every time a ruler dies, it's actually infuriating.
>>
Is there some modifier on capturing courtiers when sacking cities in this mod? It seems no matter how often I raid, no princesses appear in my dungeon, only when I actually go to war (which defeats the purpose, I don't want to conquer any clay, I just want to be a comfy pirate king)
>>
Fix the colors, the mod is unplayable with the horrible bugged colors
>>
What's a neat start for this mod?
Every time I've played it before I found it excruciatingly slow. Holdings provide next to no income, all the way of life events have been nerfed into oblivion, holding upgrades cost tens of thousands of gold and taken decades to finish, and the complete lack of holy wars and conquest cbs make expansion nearly impossible. Plus even if you do conquer everything it'll take a hundred ears to adjust crown authority to a playable level and in the mean time you're going to be dealing with constant civil wars due to a total inability to convert the religion and culture of conquered provinces. Combine everything together and the mod basically turns into a glorified waiting game where all the ancient families stay exactly where they are unchanging for all eternity and you are in essentially the exact same predicament.
>>
>>1187434
>holding upgrades cost tens of thousands of gold and taken decades to finish
It says approximately 40 years but it's totally rng, you can finish it within months. As for your complaints about incomes, it makes sense in context that it would take you centuries to build yourself up so much. But I understand that many don't want to play after everyone they are familiar with is dead. Personally I've just started turning on the game rule to allow anyone to be able to raid. As far as I can tell the ai continues to only raid if they would have been able to historically and it gives you something to do an an avenue to actually build up your demesne
>Plus even if you do conquer everything it'll take a hundred ears to adjust crown authority to a playable level
It helps if you up your crown authority before forming a higher tier title, enabling you to immediately up it again. I reached max in like 50 years.
>in the mean time you're going to be dealing with constant civil wars due to a total inability to convert the religion and culture of conquered provinces
These are game rules, and they really don't contribute to civil wars nearly as much as you make it out to be. And you can absolutely convert stuff but it's going to take a more realistic amount of time to do it.
>What's a neat start for this mod?
I really like The Rogue Prince, while your initial war is ongoing because you are unlanded you can also launch an adventurer conquest. I like to target Elyria, it's really easy to take with your dragon, is an island, and is a great jumping off point to anywhere further east you might be trying to reach. Plus it comes with about 10k levies. From there you can really do whatever you want, you're your own little mini-Aegon and can make your own story. Invade Yi'ti and form the Dragon Dynasty, make their religion syncretic with the Faith of the Seven. Unite Asshai and become King of the Shadow and reform their religion to be as evil as possible. It's a blank slate.
>>
I've been playing king beyond the wall starting before the wall fix, and now 15 years after the start I crash every time my army is in the general area of the wall. Will it break my save if I download the latest version with the wall fix?
>>
>>1187204
Are you making sure to sack capitals? Even then, the chance to capture can be frustratingly low in vanilla if you don't have a warrior society modifier
>>
>>1186158
Merge anon pls
>>
>play as mereen
>dany shows up
>buy 2x merc companies and raise levies
>16k men
>dany has 14k
>armies meet and mine shatters immedaitely (literally like 4 frames after the battle screen appeared we just fucking get demolished and insta lose every next battle)
Is her army supposed to be this easy mode?
>>
>>1188195
Isn't most of it Unsullied?
>>
>>1188199
it says 6k special units. i get the unsullied are meant to be good, but battles are over in literally less then 5 seconds at 1x speed. the exact moment the armies meet my morale is halved.
>>
Anyone have a fix for the horrible colors? I really want to play this but it’s not possible with a puke green Iron throne
>>
>cheat and give myself 10k gold
>buy all but 2 merc companies
>42k mercs vs 16k dany army
>lose

what is this shit? this is plot armor show dany could only ever dream of.
>>
>>1188208
her dragon fried your army
you CAN defeat dragons but you need to lure them into bad terrain river crossing and have reinforcements hiding nearby ready to move to help
alternatively keep on sending armies to get obliterated until her dragon gets maimed
once it's maimed you can slay it
>>
>>1188213
its not saying she has tamed dragons, 2 are wild and one is untamed. does this mean she still gets to operate them in battle?
>>
>>1188219
All that matters is that a dragonrider commander was leading the battle.
>>
>>1188205
We have to wait for merge anon to fix it, unless someone else knows what the error is and push the fix to the gitlab
>>
File: 20220913183317_1.jpg (1011 KB, 2560x1440)
1011 KB
1011 KB JPG
>Barstarks become Great Wargs
>One of them Joins the Night's Watch
>Becomes Lord Commander
>Rides a fucking unicorn
>>
Where do I check the crash logs? I'm having a great save as Jon but the game crashes every other week and it's unplayable
>>
>>1188380
Is it crashing on autosave? I remember and old bug I had playing mb way before merged mod was made, where after the new year the game would crash if saved. So I had to pay attention to the date and every year I'd create an uncompressed save right before the new year, edit the save so it was like two days forward, and then load that save. Every single year. Allegedly the bug eventually goes away but it can take decades.
>>
File: 20220914015103_1.jpg (946 KB, 2560x1440)
946 KB
946 KB JPG
>>1188281
Jesus he has a mammoth now
>>
File: PLW.jpg (44 KB, 645x773)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>have the king wife in my jail
>have her spawn a bastard
>release him
>he's teleported back to the king's court and I can't educate him
>>
>>1188395
No, just went back to my save (8th Eight moon), spent two month IG and it crashed randomly (around 20th Tenth moon)
>>
>>1188403
Went back to a quick save (1st Tenth moon) and it crashed almost immediatly (3rd Tenth moon). Appears to be quite random.
>>
>>1188400
You can see who his liege is, that is where he will go when released. You could have educated him from the dungeon, or house arrest.
>>
>>1186481
It isnt worth it get your kids trained by formidable fighters and they will get at least skilled fighter.
Keep your marshalls to increase levy size and levy reinforcements.
>>
>>1188201
is dany leading her armies?
>>
>>1188942
>>1188229
i checked the save, its barristan slimey leading the army, dany was MIA in the fighting.
>>
File: Wincest.jpg (166 KB, 545x763)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Is there any way to make inbreeding work without only marrying distant cousins or end up nuking your line? Lore wise the Targaryens have gone 3 generations of incest at max before switching it up while my child of one generation of incest is born with a catastrophic incest debuff. I have had kids with cousins and aunts that are a-okay, but the second I bone my sister the child is irreperably fucked? I feel like it would work a lot better if points of incest, based on how close the parents are, accumulated over generations and increased birth defect chances. As it stands I can fuck aunts and cousins to my hearts content but the crown jewel that is my sister remains off limits.
Why restrict me like this? Let me slowly ruin my family over 5 generations and have to deal with the fallout of a massively inbred line instead of giving me the hall pass on extended family yet keeping my sisters in timeout.
>>
merge anon pushed out an update. the piss colors are gone
>>
>>1188963
>attempting incest
>as essosi valyrians
You fucked up. Only true high valyrian families can do incest without repercussions.

That means Blackfyre, Targaryen, and Varezys if you do the earliest start date. Custom high valyrian rulers also work.
>>
>>1189069
Varezys? Is that the weird dynasty that tried to form nu-Valyria right after the Doom?
>>
>>1189078
Yep
>>
>>1189007
wherelink
>>
>>1165503
If MergeAnon is here, any idea when Dragon of the East will be added? Can I just run it on top of the merge with little (ok, maybe some) issue?
>>
>>1189108
DoE has been incompatible with vanilla since 2018 and changes loads of important shit (gov reforms, minor titles, traits etc).
If you try and run it ontop of merged best case scenario is it just CTDs instead of summoning an angry computer ghost.
>>
>>1189122
Someone remade it in 2020ish though

https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/3985/2-dragon-east-reborn-1
>>
>>1189095
here you go fren
https://gitlab.com/Methaneus/merged_agot
>>
>>1189123
If this is for 3.3.3 I don't see any reason it shouldn't work. Just because it isn't merged doesn't mean you can't just load it on top. I'll try it out later tonight, but I've been running a game with Better Looking Garbs (for AGOT) on top of merge and it's been running flawlessly.
However, anyone have tips on reducing slowdown? I hit year 115 of my Essosi Valyrian Saan playthrough and any speed above 2x slows the game down more than it speeds it up. My Mega Empire (Valyria, 7K, Ghis, Custom, Summer) is on the decline and I really want to see if my last surviving member can bring it back. If I let go of a bunch of my vassals will the game speed up? I've noticed it slows the worst during war. If there's no way to fix this game, any settings I can use to make a new run lag proof?
>>
Fyi I purposefully waited to push the fix. It was a simple typo that could've been mass-replaced.
Was hoping someone else was motivated enough to even try and open the plaintext files.
Oh well.

>>1189123
>>1189108
Probably would work, could check it out later (make an issue on the github for me to merge it in later) but if it overwrites the bloodlines you've got a problem.

>>1189619
You could merge BLG into AGOT if you want, and push it.

>However, anyone have tips on reducing slowdown?
Tbh, the slowdowns after a century are basically a feature. All the scripts and modifiers and on-actions etc slow this shit down.
>>
>>1189636
>Was hoping someone else was motivated enough to even try and open the plaintext files.
It's not about motivation mate, most of us probably don't know what the fuck we're doing. How am I going to know how to look through a single file to find a misplaced bracket? I don't know where to even start looking. I think you overestimate how many people know even the basics of modding.

Please look at >>1186095 while you're here though, #1 complaint about AGOT in general is the incredible slowdown after 100 years or so and the insane bloat on month-start calculations. Is there anything that can be done?
>>
>>1189666
>Is there anything that can be done?
Specifically for the month-start lag, I should emphasize. I know the game is going to get slower no matter what.
>>
File: CK2game_FM9tG7uqf6.png (491 KB, 539x545)
491 KB
491 KB PNG
>>1189636
Doesn't seem like Dragon of the East changes bloodlines in any way outside of Daemon/Rogue Prince renouncing his claim to the Iron Throne in the decision (which also makes him a Blackfyre, making the dynamic coa break for some reason)

It does seem like from the citadel thread that a couple bugs need to be patched but I've been playing as Daemon since I first posted about it and I've only had to save-edit one minor bug (the aforementioned coa bug)

Thanks for your work Mergeanon, I couldn't imagine how tedious working on this game's mods is.
>>
>>1188941
You could just do both if you are really trying to maximize combat skill for your heir
>>
>>1189619
turning slavery off seems to help a bit, my game was just starting to feel a little bit slowish after like 240 years
>>
>>1189636
I appreciate all the effort anon. I try to do all I can shilling the mod and posting issues to the gitlab but that's about the extent of my abilities.
>>
>>1190021
What of benefit is added by slavery, aside from flavor stuff and the ability to rape/marry concubines? If turning the slave system off will solve a lot of the lag then that seems like a no-brainer.
>>
>>1190025
You can pretend that you're Yezzan zo Qaggaz, the richest man in Yunkai. He's so fat he can't walk and is constantly pissing himself, and he likes to collect grotesques as slaves and breed them and stuff.
Otherwise no it's a bunch of slaver fluff and the only real practical bit from it was enslaving and selling them which can be fairly profitable.
And I'm not promising it will help you THAT much, it helps but I think a lot of it is just my pc.
>>
>>1190035
Well I have a brand new PC I just built a few months ago at exorbitant cost, so if my CPU is having trouble I would assume that your performance gains are legit.
>>
There was a mod that cuts everthing east of the free cities, I think that would help
>>
File: 20220916091529_1.jpg (884 KB, 2560x1440)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
Damn. Only noticed this because king Rhaegar declared war on him after being raided
>>
File: 20220913000103_1.jpg (929 KB, 2560x1440)
929 KB
929 KB JPG
>>1190198
In my last game I saw my first ever Feudal Dothraki realm that somehow took all of Ghiscar
>>
>>1190251
>Rakharo
Check history, it seems like it was inherited from one of the Danerys Dothraki bodyguards
>>
>>1190313
I can't check right now, but even so Dany died without doing much, he would have united and formed Ghiscar by himself
>>
>>1189636
>Was hoping someone else was motivated enough to even try and open the plaintext files.

I dropped out my computer science major sorry
>>
>>1190806
I finished my CS degree and I have no idea what merge anon did
>>
>>1189666
>Please look at >>1186095# while you're here though, #1 complaint about AGOT in general is the incredible slowdown after 100 years or so and the insane bloat on month-start calculations. Is there anything that can be done?
>Specifically for the month-start lag, I should emphasize. I know the game is going to get slower no matter what.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it realistic, for a project that's just me? It would basically mean I would have to clean up the entire mod, understand what systems are actually in play and what they're doing, and rewrite them.
That's not just a one-man-job. That's recreating the entire scriptwork.

So sadly, unless there's specific things that truly stand out, don't count on it desu.
You could always just delete the provinces outside of Westeros, but yknow, that brings its own issues.
>>
>>1190946
According to >>1190021 and >>1190035 apparently slavery is a huge drain on the system's performance. I've got a brand new system with a high-grade i9 so I'm going to turn slavery off, run a long game and see how long it takes me to get fatal lag and report back. Slavery might be one of the clear components which needs reworking.
>>
I'll see what I can do to help out, MergeAnon. I'm looking at some of the older issues right now, have to wait for my gitlab registration though.

>>1190954
Unfortunately, I don't know how much reworking slavery would help. I think it's just a problem of too many characters trying to do too many things that the game has to keep track of after enough time. The Clausewitz engine in Stellaris also runs like shit after enough time. There's probably some old events and triggers that could be narrowed in scope to improve performance, or maybe limiting the amount of slaves characters can take.

What would actually help would be if the save game pruner that a user over on the Citadel was working on actually pruned useless characters successfully, but every time I've applied it to a save file it corrupts my save.
>>
Why ck2agot Devs leave for CK3.

CK3agot is just not worth it.
>>
>>1191172
It's the brand new thing (TM) for paradox fans, and as such they'll hop in on it like most did from older hois to HOI4
>>
>>1171234
If you do this, are slave camps no longer possible or does it just make it so you can't make characters slaves or recive them from a slave raid?
>>
Holy fuck is levy reinforcement rate slow.

30 troops a month with a max garrison of 30 thousand. Nearly a hundred years to regain my full levy.
>>
>>1191245
I'm pretty sure it only affects the slave courtiers and their associated events. Might also remove the "enslave" interaction with people
>>
>>1191374
Enslaved and sold lowborns should just be "killed" with something that said "sold into slavery" and be done with it
>>
Integrated Sarnor+. It adds a few unique buildings and artifacts for Sarnor.

>>1185256
>>1185329
Make an issue and write those events. Smaller things, like traits, you could do yourself. Just open the history file with him in it, and change them.
https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Character_modding
>>
So how are you supposed to accumulate wealth and expand in this mod?
It feels like all the mechanics that allow players to grow stronger have been curtailed. Everything is really slow. Only merchant republics and slavers have any chance of getting money. Only dragonriders and wildlings can expand.
>>
>>1191988
Just invite characters with good diplomacy to forge claims.
With all the traits this mod has, if your character is likeable its not rare to be able to invite multiple 25+ diplomacy characters, which can make a claim every 5-7 years on average
>>
>>1191970
I can write the text for the events, and I can probably do the file edits to give him the different traits, but I have no idea how to mod. If I wrote the event text I would still need you or some other anon to do the code work to make the events function. If you're okay with that I will write the text and make the trait file changes.
>>
how to acquire a dragon? In my game there's one untamed and a couple of eggs. I'm Daemon Blackfyre, pls help.
I picked the ambition to tame a dragon. The dragon is at Dragonstone. I need to command an army and just go there and wait, right?
>>
>>1192022
There's a decision in the Intrigue tab called Face the Dragon. You have to be a commander in the same province. If you're Blackfyre you should have a good chance at taming it, but sometimes High Valyrians will still fail.

There may be some restrictions in the event. If it's in a dragonpit I don't know that you can encounter it, and if the dragon has the Shy you have a ridiculuously low chance of actually seeing it. Typically wild dragons that aren't immediately tamed by npc valyrians or dragonseeds are Shy.
>>
>>1192022
You could also console command it

add_friend dragon ID Daemon ID
add_trait dragon_rider
>>
>>1192022
Untamed or Wild? Untamed dragons are still owned (they're just too young to be ridden), wild dragons are the ones that you can actually tame by going to the specific province.
>>
>>1190946
Are there any resources you might be able to suggest to help some of us in the thread try and help you out? I imagine if just a few anons divided and conquered to try and clean up scripts in individual mods, we might be able to make it run better.

The pruner that >>1191167 mentioned might be worth looking into. I wonder, if we got it to work and applied it to a save file every 100 years, how much that might clean up performance.

I just want to be able to have my Imperial New Valyrian Dany dynasty last longer than the Targs in Westeros ;.;
>>
>>1191245
yup, it only effects courtiers. Slave nations can still declare slave raids and gain camps from it. Its all bloat anyway. The only fun I've ever had with slave courtiers was selling summer isle nog royal families into slavery before accepting peace deals.
>>
>>1192240
i'm still of the opinion that this project should be posted to the citadel forums/the agot ck2 subreddit. there will probably be more experts on there than this thread. only problem is people might add too much shit to it. I like the list merge anon is working with right now
>>
>>1192257
Mod communities, and especially modders themselves, are far more autistic than you think. Some of them probably have heard whispers of this project, but the shitstorm if it is publicly shared there will be huge. "How DARE you STEAL MY CONTENT and MODIFY IT WITHOUT MY APPROVAL!" will be the least of what we will need to deal with. Yes, there may be a few users who would agree to help, but I think the best-case is that the mod authors all turn hostile (possibly a few even intentionally taking down their content elsewhere so it can't be merged), and the modders trying to turn the users against it as well on the basis that mergeanon is using "stolen" mod content.

They can't necessarily do that much damage, just junk edits to the git which can always be denied, but the modders themselves being made aware and trying to sabotage merges would be the bigger concern.
>>
>>1192260
yeah that's true. it would be up to merge anon to make that decision. i do like that we have something special here just to ourselves
>>
File: 1414757922518.jpg (143 KB, 585x900)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Has anyone ever managed to fix the "investigate legitimacy" plot? It was broke in the last major mod update. It works up to the end but when you send the ravens nothing happens.

Anyway, I've made my own personal mods. I should consider cleaning up and releasing them at some point.
>>
>>1191504
I think the idea is that if you can sell a better slave for some high amount the character buying it from you should have the chance to benefit from it. But I suppose it would make more sense if the game just sold the slave to some third party, for example when you make the sell slave decision you are told how much you get and then the slave is killed.
>>
>>1192244
I always have fun castrating the slaves in my court and then selling them.
>>
>>1192356
Don’t just tease us anon, what personal mods do you have
>>
It seems like one of your recent changes fixed the gold mine issue in Sothoryos, mergeanon. I saw the gold mines in Sothoryos and Gogossos while playtesting.

I'll try my hand at merging White Sword Tower submod into my branch and then pass that along. If I recall it's entirely standalone and there was only 1 event that was bugged, giving disgrace instead of honor to your Kingsguard, but otherwise shouldn't be too bad to integrate.

>>1192257
>>1192260
Ironically, when I was creating my own submods and fixing some existing ones, the best place to go for help was fucking loverslab, and then citadel, and then r*dd*t. A lot of the knowledgeable modders must be focused on CK3, because users in the agot sub constantly bring up bugs and nobody seems to be able to even offer fixes. Citadel is a bit better, but there are bugfixes for 2.2 scattered across a bunch of different threads with no unofficial bugfix submod afaik.

Idk mergeanon's reasoning, but I just want a base mod that I can change later without having to make variants for the AGOT mod itself, More Bloodlines, Improved Genetics/Congenital Overhaul, and on and on.
>>
In my 6 years of so of playing crusader kings, this is by far and large the largest kill count I have ever seen on a character. I imagine that the reasoning is something like white walkers exterminate families of territory they capture but still, compared to any other character the kill counts of the white walkers truly makes them otherworldly. Their most notable victims in my save were Garland Martell, Lyanna Mormont, and every single Frey.

Outside of that, I've been working with adding a few other mods, though I have no idea how the merging of the files works. As far as I've found; Revolutionary Borders/map font, better looking garbs base/full/agot, Colonizeable Valyria Revised, Dragon of the East, and the four LMM mods all work well enough with the merge. Only big thing I noticed was that the combination of Dragon of the East and Colonizable Valyria made the holy sites for a lot of religions duplicate, having 7 holy sites instead of five making clicking on the religion tab a game crashing offense.
>>
File: White Slaughter.jpg (255 KB, 926x762)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>1192522
>>
Alright I am putting up a merge request for changing Maelys Blackfire's traits, hopefully I did it right, and I have also added a bunch of issues for things I've noticed in my test playthrough to see how slavery impacts performance.
>>
File: 12.png (3.55 MB, 1920x1080)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB PNG
It's normal that all the pre-Aegon conquest start dates in the merged mod are glitched like pic related? Half of the provinces are empty, and filled on the start with random generated characters.
Interesting characters like Aurion are also nowhere to be seen in their start dates.
>>
i've always had this question, is there a way to change the mod so that the king can name anyone to their small council? that's how it works in the books, so I've always wondered if it was a design choice or a limitation of the game itself
>>
So I have 2 mods to suggest merging, 1 is the “AI meta education” mod, which will cause the AI to actually produce pretty decent characters.
https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/2531/sub-mod-agot-meta-education
And this guys bug fixes apparently fix a nasty crash that the original final release had after playing awhile. Maybe you’ve already fixed that, but thought I’d mention it since I use his bug fixes on my AGoT copy
https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/4350/zings-bugfixes
Also when will this be changed to fit the new lore?!
>>
Also mergeanon, You should consider merging in either of the dragon improved portraits mods out there, I favor this one, https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/3060/dragons-expanded-graphics-flavor-submod
Because the ones in the base mod are horrible and lore breaking
In my personal copy of the mod ive added in HBO AGOT music, not sure if that’s something you or anyone would want to have for this mod.
>>
Nettlemont is bugged and isn’t interact-able in the latest version, no idea why.
>>
File: smallmod.jpg (715 KB, 1920x1080)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
>>1192583
>is there a way to change the mod so that the king can name anyone to their small council?
I don't think so. I think hard coded game mechanics get in the way.

>>1192474
Well, before More Bloodlines ever came out I made a mini-mod that tries to maintain certain themes in certain houses. Such as for House Stark, young people may become quiet or wild wolves. The former gaining patient or shy and the latter gaining wroth, ambitious, or ruthless.

Boltons can choose to gain Impaler, but in doing so also have a chance to gain cruel, ruthless, or quick/shrewd (originally made before Conclave.

Tullys can gain family person, diligent, and honorable.

Tarlys, if not at least a trained fighter, can gain trained fighter and hunter and brave.

I also modified the counties of the Dreadfort so that the county of Dreadfort directly follows the Last River and Weeping River. Highpoint is situated between those two parts of the White Knife, and Ethering sits in the open plain south of Highpoint and north of the Hornwood. (see pic)

Another mini mod is that I altered the duel/trigger/engine so that if you are wielding Ramsay's Bone-Hilt Falchion every time you successfully strike someone on the battlefield they have a higher chance than normal of losing a hand or leg or becoming maimed.

Windy Grove (Dreadfort) is renamed to "Wailing Grove" and Fliescher's Keep is renamed to "Flenser's Keep" to make them consistent with the naming conventions of the Dreadfort.

Finally, I have an event on start up and a five or ten year pulse that mutually lowers the opinions of Starks and Boltons by -20 to reflect their "ancient rivalry".

I also modified the Whitehills to balance them a bit more against the Forresters, and Torrhen Whitehill is moved to Roose Bolton's court in later start dates since in the game he was said to be a man-at-arms for him.
>>
with the “blood” crown law for dragon taming, people are able to tame multiple dragons
>>
>>1192257
>>1192260
>>1192479
If you want to post to reddit or citadel, go right ahead.

>>1192522
>having 7 holy sites instead of five making clicking on the religion tab a game crashing offense.
Open the common/landed_titles folder, mass ctrl-f the files for holy_site = <whatever religion>, delete all above 5.

>>1192582
>It's normal that all the pre-Aegon conquest start dates in the merged mod are glitched like pic related?
Yeah, those empty provinces have no histories. Aurion is on the interesting-people map, but there's no history attached to the provinces itself.

>>1192673
>>1192703
Make an issue on the git, I'll look at it.

>>1192240
>Are there any resources you might be able to suggest to help some of us in the thread try and help you out?
CK2 wiki's modding guides. Pick a thing, open the related files (for example, titles), and just read and try it out.
The files are all plaintext and human-readable, so the hardest part is the actual scripting.
>>
>>1192850
Actually, it seems with appointed at least too they can as well
>>
>>1192673
>>1192703
I added the tickets for you anon.
>>
how to install? there's two folders that are agot merged and agot merged face modification. what do i do with the merged face modification.
>>
>>1193233
ignore it
>>
>>1192942
After I formed New Valyria as Dany w/ Valyrian religion (Dragon of the East/ Colonizeable Valyria) I've encountered a huge bug where I am notified of new Volantine noble houses every... single...day. Can't play my save anymore because of it. Any idea how I might salvage this?
>>
>>1193286
What's your government and what happens to old Volantine noble houses?
>>
>>1191970
Oh come on I just played a game there
>>
>>1191988
Change the game rule so anyone can raid, that helps
>>
>>1192971
>>1192850
I'm pretty sure it's intentional so Dany can have three tamed dragons
>>
How are you meant to colonize Aegon, Rhaenys and Visenya without having a land border with them?
>>
>>1193330
Since Im using Dragon of the East, reforming Valyria gives you the Imperial Gov't type and nothing happens to the old house. It notifies my every day that the same 4 Volantine Noble Houses have risen to prominence. I tried console killing all four but it just chose 4 new ones to spam me with every day. Is there possibly a way to delete the notification trigger in the files so I just never see it again. I could give two fucks about the nobility of one single county.
>>
>>1193377
Just revoke the title?
>>
>>1193387
Wouldn't it be better to give it to someone else? These families only own baronies and their liege is my vassal so if I don't want to be bothered, wouldn't it be better to give the vassal off to someone else? I would've done that but for some reason I can't transfer that specific vassal to others, maybe he is too powerful. I've been wondering if maybe using console to give up the title then re acquire it might fix but I'm not sure.
>>
>>1193446
>Wouldn't it be better to give it to someone else?
You can't do that until you revoke the title
>>
>>1193446
>These families only own baronies and their liege is my vassal
Yeah, because it's a republic. Four families bound to one republic duchy. Take the duchy and they should all lose their house title and only other titles they hold should remain. Then just make sure you don't install a new republic when you give the land to someone else.
>>
File: dejure nonsense.jpg (603 KB, 1920x1080)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>1193449
I just tested it and apparently there were some other things under the hood that were keeping me from doing this. I only realized now, but apparently another vassal of mine owned the kingdom of volantis, while both of them were my direct vassals. Even though they were direct vassals, the fact that the other dude was the dejure liege meant that I wasn't given the option to revoke the duchy from the guy who held old volantis.

All that aside, your fix worked. Thanks boss.
>>
>>1193286
>Any idea how I might salvage this?
yeah fix whatever DotE does and probably CV as well, considering it edits the map a whole lot.
>>
>>1193458
What mods are you using for those portrait backgrounds and stuff?
>>
How does the AI do at colonization? I have too many provinces that are colonies and I need to give some away, but I don't know if the AI will be able to manage them and convert them properly to full territories.
>>
>>1193614
In my experience, rich merchant republics do it quite well and everyone else is too poor to afford it. You might need to either drown your feudal vassals in money or just fulfill their requests for funds, but I don't remember if the do ask you for money in event or just pick option on their own.
>>
Does anyone have a fix for More Bloodlines or the combined mod that allows Aerys to burn King's Landing like in the vanilla AGoT mod? More Bloodlines divides King's Landing into the King's Landing the city and the Red Keep, and this seems to break Aerys' ability to use Wildfire to turn it into a ruin and BURN 'EM ALL and even Joffrey is unable to use wildfire in sieges.

Anyone have a fix?
>>
Mergeanon, would you be open to the idea of increasing religion reformation slots from 2 to 3? I think that having only two options makes most religions boring and limited compared to the historical religions which often have a lot of custom flavor and options.
>>
Expansion in Westeros
>fabricate a claim on a tiny castle
>conquer tiny castle
>use your two tiny castles to conquer a medium castle
>give away 1 of your tiny castles since domain limit is 2
>wait 10 years for your medium castle's levy to replenish
>use your tiny castle and your medium castle to conquer another medium castle
>give away your last tiny castle
>wait another 10 years for your new medium castle's levies to replenish
>use your two medium castles to conquer a big castle
>...
>finally you two huge castles
>use marriage to get a claim on a kingdom
>press your claim
>use marriage to get a claim on the iron throne
>use factions and alliances and favors to press your claim and become king of westeros

Expansion in Essos
>get 2k troops and 20 ships through any means
>slave raid the summer isles 5 times
>suddenly you have 15k levy and hundreds of gold after just 5 years
>can now invade whatever you want whenever you want
>>
The fleets levy are fucked in Hoare Castle and Corpse Lake. Boats are stuck at port, seems they don't have a path to the sea
>>
>>1194813
I opened an issue for you.
>>
New tweak/mod I am working on...

Torturing prisoners can relieve your stress.
I'm also going to modify feast and tournament events to have a chance to remove stress.
>>
>>1195189
doesn't that just make the game easier?
>>
>>1195363
Feels appropriate to me and I hate that trait.
>let's learn a foreign language
>become stressed trying
>succeed

30 years later and I'm still stressed about it.

Besides, all those tourneys are good for is losing random stats, losing prestige from your sons getting BTFO, and catching the gay
>>
>>1195371
At the very least you should balance it so that larger tourneys have a higher chance of removing traits. Small local tournies should have a very low chance.
>>
>>1195373
Not a bad idea. I might tweak that in the future. I have to write flavor text too.

>The shrieks of pain and wailing calls for mercy... the sounds of my prisoners' torment is so refreshing. I am at ease.

Something like that.
>>
>>1195363
>>1195371
>>1195373
>>1195382
I should point out that I have actually made the game harder in other ways. For example I modified the battle events to happen much more frequently and be much more lethal. Traits play a more interesting role too. Craven is a not desirable trait in most circumstances, but it makes you much less likely to be hurt or killed on the battlefield, or instance. I wanted wars to more closely reflect the wars in the books in which many people die in each battle.
>>
someone spoonfeed me, is the merge-kun’s latest version on the gitlab?
>>
>>1194046
make an issue on the git :)
wouldn't be too hard, just incorporate a different province/both provinces in the decision.

>>1194691
yeah sure

>>1195382
>>1195371
>Feels appropriate to me and I hate that trait.
>>let's learn a foreign language
>>become stressed trying
>>succeed
>
>30 years later and I'm still stressed about it.
Yknow, you we could incorporate this in the merged version.
>>
>>1195776
>make an issue on the git :)
What do you mean? I've never used github. I've tried modifiying the decision to work but I can't seem to get it to function. Aerys never gets the option to blow everyone up. Personally, before using Blood Lines, I had modified it so Aerys would pretty much always try since that felt canonical to me. Makes the ending to Robert's Rebellion a lot more interesting if he succeeds.

I'm an amateur scripter and it seems fixing that decision is just beyond my abilities. Even reverting King's Landing back to one province, which I've also tried, I have failed at and I'm not sure why.

>>1195776
>Yknow, you we could incorporate this in the merged version.
I'm still in testing on the stressed thing, but you can probably add that functionality in better than I can. I've also modified some other events.

Such as, when your ward is craven.
If you say "Some fears are good but there are limits" you get either craven, nothing, or content. I modified it so that you might get patient or shrewd (ward is learning to be cautious).

If you tell them, "Fear is the mind killer" then a small chance of the ward getting ambitious.

I hate a lot of the binary choice events and so I try to diversify them.

What do you think about multiple lifestyle traits? A lot of canonical characters have them. I modified many events to allow for you to gain a second one. A third is rarer and tied to certain events (such as getting hunter if you successfully kill a White Stag/Unicorn/Whatever.
Do you have any interest in the Stark Wild/Quiet Wolf mod I described?
Wild Wolf might gain brave, ruthless, wroth, lustful, and/or ambitious.
Quiet wolf might gain patient, shy, just, content, shrewd, erudite, chaste, and/or temperate.

Tarlys can gain trained fighter if not already having it, chance to gain hunter, authoritative, and/or ruthless.
Tullys get family person if they get their event, chance at diligent and honorable.
>>
>>1195776
Hey mergeanon, there are 2 merge requests on the gitlab. Do you need to approve them or is there a system where they’re added in if there’s no conflicts?
>>
>>1184962
Does it work with the colonizable Valyria mod and better looking garbs and if so then I'm surprised I am still using the old version
>>
>>1195382
Should be a sub-option for having the torturer or cruel trait, though. Shouldn't do it by itself
>>
>>1195858
>Does it work with the colonizable Valyria mod
Well that changes the map, so it would if you made it work as the other mods I mentioned were made to work. Merge wasn't really sure if he wanted to incorporate it, at least not initially.
Dunno what better looking garbs would conflict with, it could probably be easily made to work but I doubt it would by default.
>>
For you faggots who kept wanting a discord, here:
https://discord.gg/tZyXqUG8UM
If you want help with modding, I can easier help there than on 4ch.

>>1195827
I need to approve them. Approved one, need to check the other still.
>>
>>1195865
>Should be a sub-option for having the torturer or cruel trait, though. Shouldn't do it by itself
Yeah, that's the idea.
>>
A cool mod and something I tried in the past that didn't work, is one that lets your squires/wards fight if they are at least 12 and are a trained or poor fighter. They should have some chance to being involved in battle field events and maybe stand in for a bodyguard. After all, in the books Robb says he might have killed Willem or Martyn Lannister himself, both squires, if he had met them in battle. Squires do fight.

As well, when you capture someone in battle you should capture their wards too (if they met the conditions to be in the battle)
>>
>>1195935
Yeah I get it, basically copying how it works in ck3
>>
>>1195951
Haven't played three, but it suddenly occurred to me the other day that toturing prisoners to relive stress made a twisted sort of sense.
>>
>>1195953
Stressed is a big scale in ck3 that forces you to roleplay your character at the penalty of stress
>>
>>1195954
I just hate how the trait works in CK2. It seems to get applied for the most trivial shit and just never ever goes away. Part of that is just bad luck, but it did make me think about how some other events and activities should always have a chance to remove it.
>>
Shouldnt bloodlines pass on from mothers to sons? It says bloodline not dynastyline
>>
>>1196099
Yeah I wish this was the same. I remember a mod (might have been an earlier version of Bloodlines) that added bloodlines as perks to the child regardless of gender
>>
>>1196187
Well, stacking bloodlines already gets very OP. It's not hard to do either; just get some matrilineal marriages with your daughters and in a generation or two you have a dozen or more bloodlines and very high baseline stats and such.
>>
>>1196099
Bloodline does pass from mother to son. It just doesn't pass from the son to his children.
>>
If I stack Targayren, Blackfyre, Valaryon, and Celtigar bloodlines all onto a single character, will that guarantee high valyrian portraits?
>>
>>1196199
>very high baseline stats and such.
Well that might be an elegant solution to fix the low stats problem once every book character dies. Its annoying going from 10+ formidable fighters in the realm to 1 or 2, or having maybe 2 guys with 20+ stewardship
>>
>>1196244
There are more elegant ways to do that by modding the combat_traits_events file and reeduction file. Among others.

I did that myself and just made more options for characters to gain those traits or have good education outcomes.
>>
File: white walker servant.png (914 KB, 552x769)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
I just got a white walker courtier for some reason
>>
>>1196254
Happens every now and then. Does anyone have the old, non-show inspired White Walker portraits? I liked those a lot better.
>>
>>1196199
Its not like most people play past 100 years on one save
>>
>>1196259
300 years is not even half of Vanilla length.
>>
>>1196260
Yeah, so? As I said most people go past 100 years because the game is less interesting once every named character dies, and the game runs slower than vanilla
>>
>>1196262
Bye Far East helps.
>>
>>1196262
vanilla has no named characters and most people still play more than 3 generations
>>
File: Ck2vsCk3.png (812 KB, 1264x870)
812 KB
812 KB PNG
>>
>>1196272
Looks like an early fork
>>
>>1196279
Thats fan made, theres no Dance starting date in the CK3 mode yet, though it might be one of the earliest release if they want to use the popularity of the show
>>
>>1196284
>popularity of the show
I have yet to hear a single good thing about the show other than costume design. Meanwhile every other aspect of the show has been slammed.
Why would anyone want to capitalize on the infamy of such a widely hated product?
>>
test
>>
File: ck2_4.png (3.75 MB, 1920x1080)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB PNG
82 years to go from count to king. You know I thought this would have been harder but it seems like the civil war mechanics make it significantly easier. The traditional bloodline claims are way more effective than trying to inherit weak claims through marriage.
>>
>>1196397
Once you really learn the mechanics it's very easy to advance in the game. I limit myself deliberately by rolelpaying.
>>
Soon I will be taking the Wall and take over the NORF and kill all those RIGHTEOUS Starks
>>
File: ck2_7.png (2.65 MB, 1920x1080)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>1196398
I can see why. What am I even supposed to do with 300k levy? Westeros is way too fucking powerful.
>>
>>1196431
Those are virtual. They will not all support you in case of war
>>
File: 20210924002249_1.jpg (1.01 MB, 2560x1440)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>1196218
Just matrilineal bloodlines
>>1196099
Are you saying this because you don't know how to acquire other character's bloodlines for your own?
>>
>>1196295
Seems pretty popular to me, bru. You sure you aren't thinking of that lotr show about black elves stealing the numenoreans jobs?
>>
>>1196295
HotD is super fucking popular, and it’s honestly the best fantasy that’s been on TV since early GoT. The Basketball-Velaryon can actually act, so that doesn’t sting as much as I’d thought, but we’ll see how the kids are
>>
>>1195958
Being a leader is stressful, anon. It mostly functions to keep people from dying at unrealistically old ages
>>
>>1167786
what does the separate face improvements mod do? isnt there already a face mod in the standard folder?
>>
>>1196255
>Does anyone have the old, non-show inspired White Walker portraits?
they exist? what did they look like? I agree that the show Others suck
>>
>>1196838
Just ignore it
>>
>>1196431
>I can see why. What am I even supposed to do with 300k levy? Westeros is way too fucking powerful.
To be honest, I don't know why the mod designers made the army sizes so bad. A long while back, like with version 1.5, I manually modded all the base values of the buildings in the game to have more reasonable numbers. I actually wound up with army sizes that closely matched the books.
>>
File: others_ck2agot_old.jpg (139 KB, 1311x847)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>1196849
>they exist? what did they look like? I agree that the show Others suck
Older versions of the mod. I might even have 'em somewhere.

I guess I do have them from 1.5. Here is a screen shot of the base grafix. I don't THINK you can just copy-paste them into the modern mod without fucking things up though.

You'd have to load these in an older version of the mod to see how they look in game. Though the upper left portrait is a good example. I mean, they are just blue-skinned people with blue eyes but I think it look better than the old men from the modern versions of the mod or the show.
>>
File: others.png (86 KB, 722x525)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>1196986
they are actually still in the files for 2.2
they look like this without the mummy makeup, which it seems to be just an effect with the "white walker" trait they have, kind of like silent monster trait gives the person a zombified look
>>
>Criston Cole steps in horseshit
>all Westeros hears about it
>your Kingsguard reputation drops as a result

It's embarrassing it took me so long to figure out how this submod was adjusting kingsguard reputation, but the Knights of the Sword Tower submod should be about ready to merge, desu. I want to add more events, but I think merging as it is is a good first step.

That aside, my fixes from last week were merged into the main mod, so the pathing and naval issues that were preventing boats from leaving port in some provinces should be fixed. Any anons who download the new version let me know if there's still issues.

>>1196272
The bookmarks that cover the books (Robert's Rebellion and later) have a lot of unique event chains, decisions, character interactions. It would be neat to add some more flavour to the Rogue Prince and Dance with Dragons bookmarks since the show is ongoing. Maybe add an Hour of the Wolf bookmark to play the Aegon III regency as well.

>>1194046
>>1195799
I'll write up the issue for you since I'll be in gitlab anyway, anon. It sounds like wildfire or the alchemists were broken somehow by More Bloodlines and no one's ever bothered fixing it.
>>
>>1196983
Biggest army in Westeros I think was 50,000 + which wuz House Gardener and House Lannister combining together in Aegon's Conquest.
>>
>>1197163
>>1196983
300k is actually accurate to the books. North, Dorne and Vale has 20,000 each according to GRRM. The Riverlands have another 20,000. The Lannisters have anywhere from 40,000 to 50,000 shortly after the start of the war. The Stormlands and the Reach combined have at least 100,000, though that is low balling since we don't know if the Reach gives all of their forces to Renly. That's already 220k at the lowest estimate without even counting the Crownlands and the Iron Islands.
https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Military_strength#Riverlands
>>
>>1165503
I hope everyone in this thread dies slowly of terminal cancer
>>
File: doggo.jpg (589 KB, 1815x2000)
589 KB
589 KB JPG
>>
>>1197136
Hey anon, you seem to know what you’re doing. Can you look at the Targaryen islands and unfuck them? There’s an issue on the gitlab that shows the issue
>>
>>1197573
I went to look and I think it got fixed at some point. In my test campaign I can colonize all 3 islands, and their names and titles look ok.
>>
>>1197746
Hmm, the bug I’m experiencing is with Aegon’s island. When you colonize it, and can spawn troops, they spawn in at the bottommost left corner of the entire CK2 map. Like in the pic

Here’s the gitlab issue: https://gitlab.com/Methaneus/merged_agot/-/issues/19
>>
>>1197749
I didn't realize that there were two separate bugs for the islands. Sure, let me finish my MR for the submod and I'll work on that issue.
>>
>>1197780
thank you anon :) any tips for learning ck2 modding so others can help out more?
>>
>>1197746
>>1197749
How do you colonize the islands? I've not been able to find that out. Can rulers in Westeros not do it?
>>
>>1197794
If it's just Aegon's Island, that should have been fixed with the latest drop, from a couple days ago. I tested with an advanced colony on Aegon and can move soldiers and ships around. Did you clear your map cache after updating the Merged AGOT folder?

As far as modding goes, the wiki is good as an index but has few practical examples, so you'd have to compare with an existing mod, or vanilla to get an idea how it all fits together. It's nice that the fundamentals haven't changed much for Paradox modding, so if you've worked on mods in another game the knowledge carries over.

>>1197846
The submod adds another province decision that let's you colonize if your character is leading an army on one of the islands.

I've never used this one before now and I don't know if there's an event where an adventurous courtier can discover them for you like the lore. I'm also not sure if there's a decision or event that renames them after Aegon and his sisters if you start in a very early bookmark.
>>
>>1197950
I just cleared the map cache and the islands seem to be working, thank you!
>>
>>1192971
How do i hatch/tame multiple dragons?
>>
Knights of the Sword Tower merge request approved and merged in.

>>1196838
It's shit I still have to compare and fix in.
>>
>>1198408
You shouldn't be able to, it's a bug.
>>
Is there any trade/economy submod for this? I tried The Great Trade League which is supposed to have compatibilty with AGOT, and while the game open without problems, the mod content isn't there for me.
The Three Towers mod works but that mod has technology based features so it can't be used properly.

I want to play something similar to what Corlys Velaryon did, but there aren't enough economy options to play like that. If I can't find something, I'm thinking about editing The Three Towers to properly work with AGOT, because it looks cool
>>
>>1198935
There's a mod that modifies trade routes but that's not really what the game is about
>>
>>1198947
Well, those mods are more about adding more economy buildings and in the Great Trade League, it adds a traders society in which you can buy and sell goods.
I know the game is not meant to be about that, but still, would be fun to play as a lord with focus in trade
>>
>>1198951
Do the Republics in CK2 not do what you’re saying?
>>
>>1197163
The Reach alone can muster 80k.
Most of the book figures are basically achieved with no holding upgrades, and if you stick around for 100 years you will see those numbers begin to inflate as they begin to build the cultural unique buildings for +500 or +1000 in every province.
>>
>>1197950
>If it's just Aegon's Island
When I reported that issue the other two islands weren't properly colonizable so I'm not sure if the issue persisted there.
>>
>>1198820
I thought one of the mods added it as a feature specifically for Dany and others doing it is basically an oversight
>>
>>1199003
He means as a feudal lord.
>>1198951
At the very least Westerosi centers of trade should be the end-nodes for the trade routes. White Harbor, Gull Town, Driftmark, King's Landing, and Oldtown, and maybe Lannisport would be sufficient.
>>
File: bloodlines.png (3.14 MB, 501x3006)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
How is the breeding program coming along?
Next step is Hightower. Starting as a Rhllor character makes it significantly harder to get good marriages but whatever
>>
>>1200662
What start did you begin at where you managed to get Targaryen and Blackfyre bloodlines?
>>
>>1200676
He may have started in Ninepenny, considering Maelys is there. Or maybe he revealed Aegon to be a Blackfyre
>>
>>1200924
I don't see Maelys though, that's part of why I wonder. It looks like he would've had to have started before Ninepenny but in a scenario where it's not likely for the Blackfyres to win, since they have a tendency to go murderous on the Targs, but also not likely for them to die out.
>>
This just released for 2.2 and should work with the merge as well
https://www.moddb.com/mods/dragons-expanded/
>>
>>1200676
>>1200953
...Don't you see the Robert bloodline there?
>>
>>1201002
Oh fuck that's true. That makes it even more confusing though, the Blackfyres were extinct in the male line by then, and I didn't think any unmarried women of them remain. Unless Aegon was outed as a Blackfyre like the other anon suggests.
>>
>>1200662
just enable interfaith marriage, anon. Ned marries Cat. Drogo marries Dany. No one gives a shit about that in asoiaf.
>>
Upcoming... bugfixes. One is a CTD fix, a few for way of life decisions and one to keep dragons in the pit when their master dies.

Wynfryd and Wylla will also no longer look like they took the walk of atonement.

>>1199858
One of mergeanon's earlier commits fixed the titles on the islands, the pathing was just mucking up Aegon.

>>1198935
Adding new trade routes and buildings isn't difficult exactly, but trade routes are apparently stressful on the engine, and too many trade nodes slows the game down. There was an extensive Valyrian trade network, like Essos, but I believe it was commented out for that reason.

Of the handful of submods I've seen, Trade Routes Revised looks the most interesting.

>>1200662
One thing I don't like about the More Bloodlines claimant bloodline claims is every loser nephew, niece, and grandchild of gets to take a shot at your chosen heir down the line. This is especially bad in places with a fuckhuge amount of claimants already, like the West and the Reach.

I spent several generations in an Osgrey game basically doing nothing but fighting claim wars.
>>
>>1201055
I meant extensive Westeros trade network, but you get my point.

Also, it seems mergeanon manually included most of zing's bugfixes, so that's good. I'll hold off on implementing anything he left out.
>>
>>1201028
Old Gods and the seven can intermarry normally though
>>
>>1201055
>Wynfryd and Wylla will also no longer look like they took the walk of atonement.
I don't know if the characters actually had this happen to them, but I've been noticing a lot of female rulers getting this. First I thought it was some sort of bleed over because it was a Lady of the Westerlands, but then I noticed Brienne had the same thing. Seems like it might kick in with martial gear as they are leading an army at times.
>>
>>1201063
patchwork solution by the mod to stay faithful to vanilla ck2. Canonically religion is no bar for marriage. Dany marries some random sandnigger what worships the harpy etc, etc.
>>
>>1201065
I don't actually think there is such an event, surprisingly.

Certain ethnicities have missing graphics, like the Former Southrons, so they end up naked, bald, or both. Running charinfo in the console and hovering over the character shows the problematic graphical culture. If you manage to find them again you could file an issue in gitlab that would help anyone working on fixes keep tabs on it.
>>
>>1201069
He's her courtier though so she would be able to do that in-game. And the Eastern religions can all do it without restriction as far as I'm aware. So it's pretty much lore accurate.
>>
>>1201075
I didn't report it because it didn't seem consistent. I noticed Cersei is like that for a while in the AFFC start date and I assumed it was intentional since she seemed to return to having hair later.
>>
File: CK2game_kx1PLPyIhZ.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
Working on making Colonizable Valyria play nice with the mod currently, but can't get a few of the islands in the middle of the peninsula to turn into ruins/colonizable provinces. No idea why.
>>
>>1201082
khal and dany debunks that but okay.
>>
>>1201028
Doing that will make every third marriage a Westerosi - Essosi marriage. Within 3 generation every lord paramount will be black or with pink hair
>>
>>1201009
Could simply be a custom character in one of the latest bookmark. Maybe the decision the Blackfyres have when they win the Iron Throne to bastardize Daeron gives them the Targ bloodline
>>
>>1201169
I've played 2 centuries and that never happened.
>>
Isn't this one the better agot mod?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1335630096

For larping purposes, I'd say so.
>>
>>1201191
>primarily set during the span of time known as the 'Age of Petty Kings'
>>
>>1201191
Doesnt this overall the map?
>>
So in order to become the ultimate dragon slayer you have to be a raider who raids the citadel until you acquire both fires of the freehold and blood and fire books. Then you have to raid whoever has Wyrms, wyverns, and dragons. Then you have to acquire a tier 4 weapon and tier 4 armor. Then you have to breed the dornish dragonslayer bloodline into your dynasty. Then finally you need to become a strong genius deceitful brave ruthless cannibal formdiable warrior.

And then you'll have a 100% chance to kill any dragon you meet.
>>
>>1201105
Dany was Illyrio's courtier so she actually doesn't
>>
>>1201171
He started after Robert won, it had to be announcing Aegon to be a Blackfyre
>>
>>1201321
Any great warrior seems to have a decent shot of getting lucky
>>
>>1201423
Might be, but I dont think the Blackfyre decision has a end date. I havent done it in a long time though
>>
>>1201420
what are you even talking about, schizo? Dany is Illyrio's courtier but Drogo is not. Beside, why are you even pretending that interfaith restriction from the mod is accurate when the books already have countless examples of people with different faiths marrying?
>>
>>1201497
>marrying outside of westeros
the people who do this tend to be traitors trying to usurp the throne
>>
>>1201509
I ain't talking with you anymore, schizo. You can't hold a coherent conversation to stop your mom from getting raped by niggers.
>>
>>1201448
Except he's playing a Martell. Starting as Doran and helping Aegon win seems like the most likely explanation
>>
>>1201497
>Dany is Illyrio's courtier but Drogo is not
We already established that Eastern religions can basically marry anyone.
>the books already have countless examples of people with different faiths marrying?
All of which are represented by existing in-game mechanics though, like Doran going on a foreign tour and returning with a wife
>>
>>1201627
what you've established is even the mod acknowledges that interfaith marriage exists and the option is purely non-canon. Just fucking disable it already, retard.
>>
>use favor to force courtier to join your court
>use favor to force ruler to accept your marriage arrangement
>kidnap courtier and force marriage
>siege/raid county to capture courtier then force marriage

This is how you do interfaith marriages.
>>
>just send the guy an offer of marriage like a normal person

This is how you do interfaith marriages like Illyrio.
>>
>>1201660
Illyrio was retarded.

He should have just spent a few years doing slave raids until he had like 5k gold then invaded king's landing using Visery's strong claim. Would have been trivially easy with all the civil wars happening.
>>
>>1201674
He should just use the Intrigue Way of Life and Spy On decision and declare war on King Robert after he successfully kidnaps him.

He could also just spy on wealth nobles all the world and ransom them for huge wealth.

That fool.
>>
>>1201674
>he thinks illyrio is helping the targaryens
everything is going according to plan (except for the bit where dany has 3 fucking dragons while Illyrio's actual heir has zero)
>>
>>1201640
Every single example you have given is possible in-game whilst maintaining disabled interfaith marriages.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.