[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 25 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: Master of Mana 02.png (3.14 MB, 1920x1080)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>booting up Master of Mana up again for the first time in many years
>take Svartalfar, apparently starting on an island big enough for a couple of cities, surrounded by water
>but there are also various dimensional portals
>they lead to some other islands
>amass an expedition forces consisting of hunters, nyx's,fawns and priests of leaves
>explore various that lead to other islands via even more portals
>actually manage to find a ton of gold by exploring villages
>continue until dead ends or the dragon infestation becomes too much
>meanwhile, haven't even met any other faction
This was the most fun I had in a while with a 4x game, this mod is glorious. Let's talk about Fall from Heaven 2 (and its various submods) for CiV4. What are your favorite factions? I love creating massive woodland realms with one of the elf factions.
>>
File: Fuck this dragon.png (3.81 MB, 1920x1080)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB PNG
>retarded ass female civ leader dies
>barbarian faggots set up a state'
>the bitch ass dragon shows up completely fucking my expansion
What are you even supposed to do if a dragon shows up? Cardith lorda has that golden dragon and I'll get it in like 20 turns, but this game seems pretty fucked for me.
>>
>>1150599
the best way to deal with the dragon is not to
>>
File: Dragon my dragon.png (1.88 MB, 1920x1080)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>1150605
I was in a cuck pen because the ai civ died to barbarians, but my Golden Dragon would be able to kill that other dragon for sure.
>>
Also when does the event that stops you from growing new cities end? Do you have to kill all the evil factions or something or the powerful evil dudes spawning in?
>>
File: Monke.png (1.71 MB, 1920x1080)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
Never seen one of these yet, but he looks like he would rip off the arms of your scout pretty easily.
>>
>>1150614
Iirc pongos generally dont beat people up so maybe he's peaceful
>>
Any general tips for the mod, like what is going on with the mages, are they worth it?
>>
>>1150614
what a lad
>>
Not sure how well he'll do
>>
File: da2e1e1e1e11e41414.png (3.71 MB, 1920x1080)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB PNG
crusader joins my army while I'm building my dragon army stack
>>
File: Dragon cool.png (2.64 MB, 1568x882)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB PNG
The Dragon is sick.
>>
>>1150599
if you get a beastmaster with subdue animals and beasts you can convert the dragon to your side, other than that you'll need lots of mages, siege equipment and a way of obtaining the courage promotion (either some sort of priest, grigori dragon slayers, mages with spirit 1 or bannor flagbearers)
>>
>>1150685
archmages are absolutely busted if you invest in them and get twincast, obliterate entire armies with maelstrom and fireball, summon 60000 skeletons per turn, create a forcefield around cities that blocks all units below level 6 from entering, many other useful abilities
>>
File: dadadaddadad.png (1.44 MB, 1920x1080)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
Well anyway I ended up getting raped because they have like 5 of these guys and they reigned fire on my ass.
>>1150771
>>1150773
Thanks will use this for my next game.
>>
Who are the most interesting leaders/civs?
>>
>>1150790
Auric Ulvin and the illians are based
>>
So dungeons always attract the Orks and barbarians?
>>
>>1150792
Yeah. I like Cardith Lorda, doesn't it hint that he's like a lizard or something? Well after reading the lore on Auric Ulvin and the illians they are going to be badass to play.
>>
>>1150806
>Cardith Lorda, doesn't it hint that he's like a lizard or something
pretty sure the lore is that he's possessed by >>1150608
>>
>>1150799
lairs spawn units like lizardmen, centaurs and skeletons over time ( which type depending on the lair) the ones that are just called "dungeon" only spawn enemies if someone exploring it gets that as an event roll
>>
what map do i play if i dont want to play the mountain boxes one.
>>
How do you actually begin playing these fucking mods?
>>
>>1150540
>Play civ
>but instead play a mod that has nothing to do with building a human civilization and instead play some fantasy chud shit about magic and dragons
What the fuck?
>>
>>1151173
Please go back to your paradox threads, pole.
>>
>>1151158
You just start the game.
>>
>>1151080
erebuscontinent
>>
>>1151189
I play Civ for the history
Go back to plebbit, high fantasy is for fags
>>
File: laughingsluts.jpg (81 KB, 600x536)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>1151209
>I play Civ for the history
>>
File: 684864684784687.png (427 KB, 1080x564)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>1151209
>I play Civ for the history
>>
>>1150685
Every single adventurer is to be a mage. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. 100xp for free is too fucking good. Of course Master of Mana gives xp to mages for casting spells but for other FfH2 mods this applies. Adventurers are mages.
>>
>>1151209
>game with stone age americans
>"history"
>>
File: 1582604968766.png (310 KB, 400x426)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>1151209
>for the history
>>
Still haven't made contact with a single civilization lel. I'm just finding more and more dragons.
>>
>>1151617
Master of Mana is horrible for the AI. Only clan and sheaim tend to do anything of note if I recall right. Personally I like Orbis even though the new civs in that are too bullshit and AI can't play Scions of Patria for shit.
>>
File: Master of Mana 03.png (2.49 MB, 1920x1080)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB PNG
>>1151646
Found them, finally made contact. They were pretty much all stuck in one continent fighting each other.
>>
Alright, Erebus map creation sucks on that version. It creates very boxy mountain ranges that make expansions quite annoying, and tend to put one right next to neighbors that make things even tighter. Also, tons of orcish barbarians constantly attacking. I did not but fight barbarians for 200 turns.
>>
>>1152371
Yep my expansion was fucked on that map because some barbarian state got a dragon to team up with them, right in my natural path of expansion.
>>
>>1152371
>>1152374
Master of Mana is basically just barbarian whacking for the duration of what would in other Fall from Heaven mods be the entire duration of the game. Though the lairs are endless source of xp since they'll spawn one per turn until there's three.
>>
>>1152388
most modmods are barbarian whacking
>>
>>1152374
For me, it was ice elementals. Since the map creation boxed me in with mountain ranges to all side, the only way forward was conquering enemy territories, but I had to station lots of good troops in one city that was constantly besieged by massive ice elementals.
>>
>>1152475
Do lairs respawn, I can't recall. Just whack them out and leave a scout with massive vision if they do respawn.
>>
File: Master of Mana 04.png (3.42 MB, 1920x1080)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB PNG
FUN
>>
Alright, this is starting to confuse and annoy me more than anything else.
>start as Scions of Patria
>cannot build camps despite Civilopedia not stating that I can't
>plantations don't give herbs unless they are part of a special resource
>Korianna starts randomly teleport after successfully attacking an enemy
At least the barbarians are manageable this time.
>>
>AI can't use spells
>AI can barely interact with the mechanics
>Multiplayer instantly desyncs or crashes
I love the theme and lore so much, but this hurts.
>>
>>1152988
AI can use spells though?
>>
>>1153064
Since when? The last time I played, the AI could not use any major combat spell.
>>
>>1153071
maybe for master of mana but every other fall from heaven submod has no problem with ai mages casting maelstrom or fireball
>>
extramodmod update when?
>>
thoughts on rise from erebus/ashes of erebus?
>>
>>1154959
Unmatched bloatmaxxing
>>
I tried playing FFH a while back and mapgen regardless of script puts me far away from everyone or pairs me next to someone of the same alignment. Are you meant to be focused on clearing barbarians for most of the game? I never get an early war and it makes it hard to tell what I'm supposed to be doing or actually gauge progress.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.