[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 51K6SoMGNhL.jpg (49 KB, 500x312)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>https://youtu.be/sskkes_4Fdc

DUNNUNU DUNNUNU DUNNUNU DUNUNUNU DUNNUNU DUNNUNU DUNNUNU DUNUNUNU
>>
URBAN COHORT!
>>
TRIARII!
>>
VELITES!
>>
>>1150167
does remaster have the same music?
>>
WAAARBAAAAAND
>>
File: 4516231123.jpg (15 KB, 215x217)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>1150167
YOUR GENERAL IS IN DANGER! SEND HELP OR WITHDRAW HIM FROM COMBAT
IF HE GETS KILLED YOUR ARMY MAY PANIC AND RUN
>>
>>1150517
SIEGE EQUIPMENT
>>
>>1150394
yes
>>
>>1150167
All Rome with be amazed at such a victory! THE DAY IS OUU[voice crack]UURS!
>>
>>1150757
If only it had the same UI.
>>
>>1150803
https://youtu.be/chPRYXS0YZI
>>
>>1150517
>>1150529
Remember that the goal here is to capture the settlement, not destroy it! Buildings that...
>>
File: 1640933197450.gif (2.23 MB, 498x273)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB GIF
>>1150517
>>1150529
>>1151177
>Play Remastered
>Advisors have been redubbed for the tutorial and have no spoken dialogue at all in regular gameplay
>>
>>1151242
>>1151177
>>1150517

>play Rome when I was little
>flank a phalanx with cavalry for the first time
>"YES THATS GENIUS!!!"

I know that advisors are annoying but they grew on me too
>>
>>1151177
This one's particularly funny since ow often do you even have the ability to destroy the enviorment considering how annoying onagers are to get
>>
>>1151316
>excellent, attacking spearmen from behind is the SINGLE best way to beat them with cavalry units
left click the show me how button to zoom to your unit
>>
File: deebly.png (133 KB, 417x333)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>Patavium and Mediolanum rebelled
>Have two armies in Germania trying to stomp on Briton cities
>Arretium and Arriminium are poorly defended
>Can't ungarrison Rome or else it will revolt
Fug
>>
TRIARI EYE
>>
>>1151591
rome never revolts if it's your capital iirc
>>
>>1151546
i find that one funny because newer total war games dont tell you that
someone should compare rome total war 1 telling you not to destroy the city to the average siege in warhammer 2 just leveling the whole city with you
>>
>>1151242
>>Advisors have been redubbed for the tutorial and have no spoken dialogue at all in regular gameplay
wait
really?
>>
File: 1656636490955.jpg (33 KB, 500x283)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>1151631
https://youtu.be/DphANTJGDrQ?t=98
>>
>>1151669
gods
that is so bad
and that UI is really cancerous
>>
File: alalalai.jpg (42 KB, 482x822)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1151669
why they did it?
this and mobile UI is the worst thing they did for no reason at all
like why?
>>
>>1151316
>>1151550
based
>>
>>1151669
The UI alone is fugly enough for me to never get this game but holy shit they did my city advisor dirty
>>
File: RTW_Victoria.png (46 KB, 147x144)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
YOU SHOULD CONSTRUCT A BUILDING OF THE TYPE CURRENTLY HIGHLIGHTED
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dFqRNrth1U&ab_channel=MercenaryTriarii

Relevant
>>
>>1154021
>at this time it will be a sound strategy to train a unit of praetorians in this settlement
>they are the elite of the roman army and veterans of many campaigns
>they are as hard as nails
>>
>>1151674
gud filename
>>
Weird how in medival 2 I never cared about money and always end up super rich but my cities in rome always had negative income.
>>
>>1154105
You don't even need to think about what you build in R1
>>
>>1154105
it's not negative
armies upkeep is divided between all cities proportionally, so many cities show negative income while being very rich
and it got fixed in remastered
>>
>>1154121
i still remember as a kid razing big cities thinking that increased my money
>>
>>1154124
It is a no-brainer to raze a Huge City though anon, Squalor is so hard to keep under control in RTW, and along with it brings unprecedented Public Order problems. By exterminating the populace, you pretty much give yourself a well-developed settlement with the ability to keep populace under control for a good period of time. Especially in cases where you have cities with Temples of Juno which have so much growth that it's impossible to keep order once you kick up to and over the Huge City pop levels, it is better to demolish those and build ones that bring Law and Public Order such as Temple of Jupiter instead.
>>
>>1154186
i used to be super happy when a huge city finally reached 0 population growth, it was perfect
like throwing a bottle and having it land perfectly
>>
>>1154186
Razing cities is mostly a way to get public order under control. Civilized Factions usually have the ability to maintain public order on cities of any size due to squalor effects on public order being capped. You might have to maintain a garrison there, though and depending on culture malus, you might have to invest a little more, but it is achievable in that case. With Romans and Egyptians, I think you mught even get by without public order bonuses from garrisons at all. The Julii have as I recall the highest thanks to their ability to have games and races on top of their public order buildings.

Barbarians on the other hand are doomed to endless rebellions just because the more fertile cities tend to grow to uncontrollable squalor levels on their own due to their base population growth. The only way to avoid that would probably be to reduce their population to the minimum and then hire units once the population is big enough to allow for that. Then disband the unit elsewhere to avoid drowning in upkeep costs.

The weirdest thing is that with improved farms, you might push a city towards too high population growth, inducing too much squalor too early to effectively handle it. This in combination with comparatively low economic yield is why i mostly avoid building farms which earns lots of my generals the bad farmer traits.

>>1154198
Any city will arrive at exactly 0% growth if no rebellions, disasters, conquests or troop hirings occur in that city due to growth existing in increments of 0.5% and squalor only occuring a certain population thresholds, which is somewhat irregular at lower levels, but over a certain population count it increases for every 3000 people, therefore essentially striving towards an equilibrium determined by the city's base fertility plus modfiers from agricultural improvements, sanitary improvements, religious buildings, your tax policy and the occasional governor bonus.
>>
>>1154117
You can think about it to optimize, since towns will often grow faster than you have time to build everything.
>>
imagine making a remaster this good, having qol changes, a load of other changes and then making them all optional effectivly giving you rome 1 and remastered in the same package. then going and ruining all that by giving us the worst UI ever seen in a total war game and not being able to change it.

the online doesnt work at all btw whereas rome 1 still does

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.