[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: volturnian sneed.png (108 KB, 342x342)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
Kiss me goodbye and write me while I'm gone.
Goodbye Jangala, Hello [REDACTED].

Keep your modder drama elsewhere, post some good faction mods instead.
>>
File: 1388322022703.gif (2.97 MB, 400x225)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB GIF
I haven't played in a few years. How viable is the macross missile massacre method these days?
>>
>>1148426
>post some good faction mods instead.
You already have my KoC, what more do you need?

Now get back to the proper thread!
>>
Serious question, how do you guys handle flux? Completely lost on managing it, made a couple million just shipping garbage and completely avoiding combat, thinking I wanna buy a fleet now, but I'm messing around in the simulator battles and missions in the main menu first. I always seem to overload myself before the enemy does, I need advice! I feel like I'm missing something.
My most successful design in the sim so far I just bulked on armor and put it on overdrove it it, pretended the shield didn't exist while shooting as much as possible.
Only seemed to work on lower tech chassis though, high tech were too fragile for this and I still wanna use them when they find them in a bar or floating around.
>>
>>1148430
better than ever, missiles get double ammo from skills now
>>
>>1148598
use more kinetic guns
>>
>>1148598
You don't need to fill every weapon slot on the ship. If you're having flux issues, drop hull mods and downgrade or remove weapons, and then put those points into flux vents and capacitors.
The heavier high-tech ships are not really made for fair fights. The Odyssey and Aurora in particular are not line ships. They are bullies that want to beat the hell out of weaker ships they can overwhelm in one volley.
Some ships will always be better piloted by the AI than by you, and a lot of those are high-tech frigates.
Finally, most combat encounters are easier than Sim fights because in a real fight, you'll have a fleet to back you up.
>>
>>1148637
I don't use energy weapons...
>>1148644
Ok I can try to tone down the flux hungry stuff and try gangbanging enemy fleets I guess.
Just wondering if I'm really bad or if you're knly supposed to use specific loadouts or if there's some kinda trick on bouncing between shields and shooting and letting it vent.
>>
File: 2022-08-03 (24).png (228 KB, 1920x1080)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
sup bitches
remember that shitbasher from february/march?
well that's me and I'm going to make the first sneedault-chuckoyan ship of the thread - the Sneedshrew
a refitted, uparmored, and upgunned Flatmouse
it sneeds
it feeds
and it'll chuck several torpedoes into city slickers' puny ships
coming soon to a farm supply store near you
>>
>>1148669
what did we do to deserve somebody as based as thee
>>
>>1148660
There are tricks I guess, but most of the best and biggest are plain old good playing strategies that help limit the number of shots hitting a shield in the first place.
Like not biting off more than you can chew, which itself extends to multiple layers. For example, a moron might outnumber the enemy fleet, but if he flies face first into their ranks far ahead of his friends, he'll still get plenty fucked.
>>
File: sneedshrew.png (307 KB, 575x634)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
>>1148673
what did you guys do to deserve me? by making me remember that paint.net is good for pissing off wannabe forum jannies that think they can bully people off their forum because of 12 fucking pixels.
also picrel is what made me decide on the assault shuttle's name
>>
>>1148677
Making faggot forumites seethe is indeed a worthy and honorable goal.
>>
File: sneedshrew.png (17 KB, 92x111)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>1148669
>>1148677
the Sneedshrew-class Assault Shuttle is complete
and ready for mass production
>>
>>1148696
Looks like a horseshoe crab.
>>
File: sneedshrew-a.png (18 KB, 92x111)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>1148698
huh didn't expect it to look like that
anyways, here's the Arctic Assault variant for raiding cold planets to break snowbucks, known as the Sneedshrew (A)
>>
>>1148677
Cute sneed
Looks like an expert in backbreaking
>>
>>1148710
it'll definitely break several backs with that 100 attack stat once it evolves
>where is sneedslash troop transport
idk if there's a destroyer sized DME/BB troop transport to base it off of
>>
File: 1.png (1.41 MB, 1589x903)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
WITNESS, THE BIGGEST BRICK IN THE GALAXY
>>
going to link an archive thread with more sneedault-chuckoyan content
https://arch.b4k.co/vst/thread/1142936
if there's enough demand (read: at least one person) asking for it, I'll compile all the sneedchuck sprites I can find into a mega folder so you don't have to skim entire threads
>>
>>1148720
>if there's enough demand (read: at least one person) asking for it, I'll compile all the sneedchuck sprites I can find into a mega folder so you don't have to skim entire threads
I want more than just sprites, I want a whole damn mod we can redistribute for the tears. But yeah, please compile them at the very least.
>>
Update in 15 days
>>
>>1148738
https://mega.nz/folder/MYlWxYjD#0FNfwvt8Rf21UPr3weiIrw
only sprites so far; just collecting them if any modders here want to pick up the idea
also uploaded the sneedshrew .pdn file if anyone wants to dissect my epic kitbash, as well as left and right versions of NGO ship parts
if you need anything then let me know
>>
>>1148750
also, after checking the collection, we have:
>1 frigate
>1 fuel tanker
>3 capital battlecarriers
>1 capital gunship(?)
the faction could use some fleshing out
>>
>>1148696
Devilishly based
>>
>>1148677
superweapon arsenal mod is not the only mod he took down
>>
File: 1641029753498.png (1.03 MB, 565x720)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>1148677
Absolutely based sneedster.
>>
>>1148677
Imagine the never ending seethe they have knowing there is NOTHING they can do to us here.
>>
>>1148669
>sneedault-chuckoyan
When is it coming out? Sneedault-Chuckoyan is a good faction mod I'd run
>>
I'm going to facefuck the sprites of magellan
>>
>>1148669
>>1148677
huh? i havent used this thread in a while what did i miss?
>>
Using Civilian only ships. Is it viable?
>>
>>1148923
you could probably finish all content in the game like that, but you'll be pretty tired of ventures and prometheus2s by the end of it
>>
I tried NGO years ago back before schizo troons ruined this game and I didn't think it was a good mod, mediocre at best.
but holy shit the amount of seethe it caused is priceless
>>
>>1148598
Which ships are you having a problem with, in particular? Some ships have far more weapon mounts than they can realistically use.
>>
>>1148598
A picture of your ship would help. I'll just post my experience with flux instead.
>shoot at enemy with high damage weapons preferably from a weak point
>if they somehow survive retreat and vent
>repeat as needed
I only piloted frigates though, but unless I go full retard this has never failed me.
You do not want to actually sit and trade shots with the enemy.
>>
File: moar sneedbash parts.png (697 KB, 920x975)
697 KB
697 KB PNG
added a couple more parts and sorted the whole collection
>>1148696
>>1148703
excellent work anon
>>
>>1148598
>Dominator x 6
>remove shields
>heavy PD
And call it a day.
>>
>>1148990
These actually look really damm sick
>>
File: 1658120854323896.jpg (140 KB, 1024x612)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>yes I mod Starsector, how could you tell?
>>
>>1148990
Nigga this is actually fucking sick, I love this shit
>>
>>1148923
If you include pirate and Luddic converted ships, absoutely. The pirate Mule with a converted hanger is nuts for a civillian destroyer, and the Prometheus MKII can be treated like a superdominator with extra firepower focus. Give it missile racks and a big Hammer and go nuts.
>>
>>1148990
Fuck it, I'll try and contribute too, you got something like a giant motherfucking cannon so I can strap it to the front of this thing? Very early WIP but I'm trying to make something like a giant glass cannon that will melt if it so much catches a shell but god help you if you let it hit-and-run you
>>
>>1148849
You're aware of how certain Starsector Forum dwellers huff their own farts to the point where they add code into their mods that crashes the game if you run a mod they don't like?

Sneedault-Chuckoyan is the answer.
>>
>Sneedault-ChuckoyanModPlugin.java
public void onGameLoad(boolean newGame) {
removeTranny();
removeCommie();
removeAlex();
}

Someone please add it in the mod, I beg you
>>
>>1149046
I don't understand code speak, but let's not lower ourselves to their level.
>>
>>1149047
Point taken.
>>
>>1149043
these are the same men who tear out their own assholes over HOI4 alt history Nazi punching mods so I'll never understand why these grown men are chimping out over other modders work, excepting the fact they are schizophrenic homosexuals
thank God for monkeypox
>>
>>1149032
since you're talking about ships thought I'd share an idea I had
Imagine a ship where it's front portion unfolds or maybe breaks off into smaller drones that create a large shield to cover for friendlies
Or maybe it can be a ship where you can get the drones to fly over to friendly ships to protect them if they're about to flux out
>>
made some more faction assets
all in the right size (410x256 flags, 256x256 crests and 128x128 portraits)
>>1149032
only ship parts so far
you can always rip something out of dme and adjust the hue/saturation if you want it quick
>>
File: 1.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1080)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>1148598
There's some ways.
1. Take ship with high shield effeciency, equip weapon with with high shield damage. Cons - lot of ships which have good shield effeciency( like Medusa) have energy weps.
2. Take ship with lot of armor and dps, and pin down enemy with brute force. Cons - you will take dmg, so you will be killed in the end.
3. Take ship with enough speed and large slots, so you can kill enemy before they reach you.

Or you just should be enough lucky to farm certain redacted weapon and get hull forge + ancient lab (mods iirc) for this sweet Doom with builded-in upgrades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdlK7v2fbhk
>>
Mbaye-Gogol Drones just got an upgrade... still pretty weak but they can now wreck swarms of fighters.

Cumming soon to a KoC near you.
>>
File: GG_KoC.png (190 KB, 324x436)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>1149115
Also; redid the Shrike/Fury sprites. Hopefully you'll find them a little less garish than before.
>>
>>1148928
>>1149031
Thank you, gentlemen. Time to show the sector what we civves are made of.
>>
>>1149043
elaborate, how is it the answer?
>>
>>1149167
it's not, he's just an attention whore as well
>>
>>1149167
because it turns DME sprites into actually cool looking ones; giving harmful mechanic an aneurysm because there's nothing he can do about their use
and also it uses parts from the funny black & red triangles
>>
>>1148598
>how do you handle flux
It really helps if you reduce the flux you take, such as through Field Modulation and Hardened Shields. That combo is enough to make enemy ships attacking you to have an inefficient rate of flux-to-damage so you can pressure them even more to crack their shields.
>>
>>1149208
Is Hardened Shields efficient with low tech ships?
>>
>>1149171
kys troon
>>
>>1149214
It's pretty good as long as the shield is in decent condition, it's essentially free damage reduction.
>>
>>1149092
Are the buckbreakers the end game content?
>>
>>1149262
they're the pirate sub-faction of sneedault-chuckoyan
like how the luddic path are a luddic church sub-faction
>>
>>1148598
First step of fitting ship is spent a lot of OP on flux cap and vent then decrease it based on needs. Some hullmod also help with flux exchange. Underarm weapons(including pd) to make main weaponry match flux dissipation. Overgunning is usually unnecessary as additional firepower can always be concentrated by fast & fearless fighter bombers compares to clumsy regular ships trying to do the same with limited missiles and rising hard flux.
>>
>>1148720
Keep doing the good work.
>>
>>1149214
It is a good idea all the time except for shieldless or dedicated sniping builds that simply out-ranges others.
It very often is a better way for tanking damage than spending extra OP on cap and vent because it simultaneously increased your equivalent capacitance and dissipation by lowering shield damage.
>>
File: unknown-1(2).png (372 KB, 540x404)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
>>1149275
>luddic path a luddich church subfaction
Oh anon...
>>
>>1149324
close enough, faggot
>>
New player here
Will getting a commission with the church make the pathers leave me alone? Pirates I can handle, but it seems that no matter where I turn there's a suicide fleet waiting at the other side of the gravity well.
>>
File: jagdsneeder(SCFSB).png (68 KB, 220x330)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
yet another sneedbash
>>1148720
always good to have the assets easily accessible
keep it up
>>1149262
i was thinking sort of an organized pirate faction that raids the core worlds in search of bucks to break
always friendly with Sneedault-Chuckoyan due to receiving quality farm supplies from them, but hostile with most other factions
should you seek to side with them, you'd have to earn their trust at first but once you do, TariQATS Nasheed might give you a quest to catch for him the ultimate buck

Baikal Daud
>>
>>1149335
>spoiler
Holy fucking lol
>>
>>1149335
>spoiler
I better be paid a king's ransom for this.
>>
>>1149214
post-nerf HS is bad on almost everything
>>
How is Exotica Technologies? Is it too OP?
>>
File: Legion of Katyusha.png (525 KB, 1043x850)
525 KB
525 KB PNG
>>1148430
This defeated a Paragon, for how much that matter.
>>
File: light assfucker.png (65 KB, 229x258)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>1149092
Got the front of a Tunguska, but I'm a retard who doesn't know shit about recolouring something already made
Can you help a retard out by telling how it works? Just the way you do it and I'll try to imitate that.
>>
>>1149365
paint.net recolor tool (or hue shift adjustment)
make sure you have the right pixels & layer selected
>>
>>1149361
the sim paragon has awful PD, so no surprise there
>>
Whats a good player controlled onslaught setup? First time trying one of these.
>>
>>1149386
Mass dual flak
>>
How hard is it to kitbash bullshit and make a ship?
>>
>>1149404
Literally take shit and put it together in GIMP/paint.net/whatever, if a retard like me can do it anyone can
>>
File: recolor guide.png (581 KB, 816x3200)
581 KB
581 KB PNG
>>1149365
this admittedly poor-quality guide lays out how i do it but might be a bit convoluted
like >>1149372 said you can use "Hue / Saturation" in the adjustments tab to get a similar result
>>1149404
if you haven't done image editing before it might take a bit at first but you'll quickly get used to it
you can use the parts in >>1148990 and just copy-paste them over a hull
if you're using paint dot net i suggest you get boltbait's plugin pack so you can flip the active selection (not a default function)
>>
>>1149432
Based, perhaps I too will borrow from mods and kitbash a ship for sneedren.
>>
>>1149372
>>1149432
Thanks anons, hue + a multiply layer to put a light recolour worked.
Now how do we call this piece of shit
>>
File: istl_dogfucker.png (95 KB, 229x376)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>1148990
>>1149432
hello to draeest sir i am the me moldova desinginger the

good to tidi
ngs ot yoou my frieden i make the ship
fr
om yuoore parts pack! !
>>
>>1149467
Now that's a beauty.
>>
>>1148669
Fuck off discordfag
>>
>>1148990
I don't get how you mfs can shamelessly admit to having part sheets of the most simple shit imaginable, like literally that is why every starsector mod looks so fucking generic
>>
>>1149538
Post your art.
>>
>decided to run heavy content mods for the first time
>put on nexerelin and shipp/weapon compilation that sounds fun
>4 hours in got a memory leak warning
Is that shit normal? I did increase memory allocation to 4gb too.
>>
Anyone have the patched version of neutrino?
>>
>>1149555
Try increasing to 8 to if you run a lot, some mods have crazy memory leaks though
>>
Stupid question, but if I sell a high end ship, will it show up in ai fleets? Or is that kind of thing limited to pirate blueprints and the colony items
Some feature for other factions to commission or order fancy stuff from you once you get an industrial base up would be fun too.
>>
>>1149556
https://files.catbox.moe/64sf5e.zip
>>
>>1149463
Whats its job in the fleet?
>>
File: 1651338443002.png (1.14 MB, 978x1171)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>1149555
Remove any mods by Vayra. I've found those to be the biggest causes of memory leaks and stuttering.
>>
>>1149555
>decided to run heavy content mods for the first time
>put on nexerelin and shipp/weapon compilation that sounds fun
>4 hours in got a memory leak warning
This is normal, some anon wrote a quide but basically anything script heavy is prone to leaks, doubly so if it uses lazylib. Alex included a memory manager but the discord community got him to disable it because it was spamming messages about leaks.

Forum/Discord advice is to increase the amount of ram to cover up the problem, and occasionally restart if you're playing for multiple hours straight.
4Chan advice is to disable mods using lazy/mugic/drone-lib.

In a moment there will be a post from a discorder who claims lazylib is perfect, ignore him.
>>
>>1149606
if you want a laugh, open the source
>>
>>1149605
>giant front-facing cannon for raping ships twice its size
>retardedly big engines for sanicing around
>the crew's massive transplutonic balls
>literally nothing else
The idea is simple.
>you spit at it, it dies
>you let it spit at you, you fucking die
>>
>about one and a half cycles into the game
>save and call it in for the night
>next day raid some colonies, farm the mess for cores, etc.
>try to save
>error saving game (null)
>check log, StackOverflowError
I'm even running JRE8 with 6GB of RAM allocated. Shit sucks, guess I'll have to cut down the mods.
>>
>>1149335
>spoiler
wait can we do that? like, mod in a whole mission?
>>
>>1149463
The Sneedapult.
>>
Just message Harmful Mechanic about the holocaust being a hoax and it did not really happen.
>>
>>1149092
Those portraits need more contrast and glare, I shouldn't even be able to make them out properly
>>
Will I lose my story points if I upgrade my upgraded spaceport to a megaport?
>>
>>1149615
Its honestly a miracle that shit even runs. I ain't a coder and what I do know is basically self-taught and the spaghetti those discord clowns shit out still horrifies me.

A function called fucking 'uh oh stinky' kill me now.
>>
>>1149361
Is AI Para a good benchmark? I remember testing how fast my dommies can 1v1 those in sims, I figure that a properly fitted player capital would tear it a dozen new assholes per second.
>>
>>1149717
no (probably not)
>>
>>1149733
Any Paragon shitter will be quick to tell you that the simagon has a shitty loadout and isn't really representative of how the ship performs in practice. However, that said, the Paragon as a whole is a big stupid fatass that just sits in one spot with shitty energy weapons and relies almost entirely on the incredibly busted bullshit that is Fortress Shield to get shit done (since Fortress Shield + full shield coverage + high base shield efficiency == free unpunishable timeout to vent flux in the middle of the enemy fleet whenever you turn the ship system on), so I honestly don't think it makes for a great benchmark period, since its' so fucking one-note that all killing it really means is 'I can counter the one hyperspecific thing this ship does in one manner or another' when you strip away the 'wow' factor of killing the highest DP player-drivable ship in the game.
The LP Brawler can take it down solo without too much trouble if you know what you are doing, killing toilets is really more of an exercise in patience than anything else.
>>
>>1149737
please do not call my wife a toilet.
>>
>>1149749
You are right, your waifu is not a toilet, she is shit in a toilet.

Get a bettershipfu anon, Paragons are lame.
>>
Why are perdition bombers 20 ordnance points?
They're more expensive than daggers but they don't look better in any way.
Their missiles have no guidance, they're slower, they have more armor, but only a little that's not outweighed by the dagger having a shield anyways.
I could see maybe them being a bit of a sidegrade, but they're two points more for what seems like, if anything, a small downgrade.
Is there something I'm missing?
Do they perform better in combat than their stats look?
>>
>>1149717
No. You can upgrade any part of a colony, and it will stay upgraded forever.
>>
>>1149757
Because they are pretty good despite being "low tech".
>>
>>1149757
Hammer torpedoes deal more damage and are fast enough to not miss some cruisers and capital ships, I would still take daggers and longbows for general use though.
>>
>>1149751
Shut up filthy luddite, your shitty ways o telling people to be jihadists aren’t working.
>>
>check the discord and see what they’re talking about
>it’s another “I went to /vst/ 4chan and lost my shit” episode
Good to see people being filtered so fucking hard. The fact that they can’t stand their favorite mods being criticized is a good way to display of what they are.
>>
>>1149819
HATTER!!!
>>
>>1148844
Technically they can do something about us by mass reporting a thread to deletion. But that doesn’t do much since it just goes to the archive and we can make a new thread easily. I’m also quite glad /v/ is noticing about the shit the forums and modders have done, which is a good thing, since if you put all these evidences and such on sites like Reddit, it most likely get deleted because the mods there are just the same as the forums / discord ones.
>>
Can this thread please not get sucked into the retarded discord drama.
Can you not pride about being better than them but still fucking not being better? Talking about them makes them win.
Can we just talk about the game and ignore any outside influence?
>>
>>1149751
My current shipfu is XIV Legion. If you don't validate my opinion right now I'll post an incredibly unflattering picture and unsubtly imply that you look like it.
>>
File: 71358469.png (41 KB, 1087x183)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
I am absolutely baffled by the absolutely subhuman intelligence displayed by the SS discord/forum community. I don't feel anything except for pity, the same pity you would feel for a pug, because you know that it doesn't understand it's own suffering, other than the occasional instinctual wave of grief and despair that it feels, and the fact that some people find joy in watching a fucked up thing struggle to gasp for air and live.
I honestly feel sad for these individuals, and I hope that they find some help.
>>
>>1149733
Unlike what other gamma-wit anons said, it is a a good benchmark for wether or not your ship can survive lot of laser and make enough damage and flux damage in a short time to overcome the Fortress shield advantage.

Also depend of how balanced you expect the fight to be.
The Paragon is meant to be a boss-like ship with advantage and flaws. Ideally no ship should be capable of taking on everything equally.
>>
>>1149876
That PureTilt guy looks very mad at 4chan users lol. The amount of vitriol he has is on unhealthy levels
>>
>>1149749
I SHIT IN YOU'RE WIFE WITH KINETIC WEAPONS AND TORPEDOES.
>>
Does anyone have a link for Valkyrians for 0.95.x
>>
UUUUUOOOOOOOHH
>>
File: 6357468.png (146 KB, 439x964)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>1149879
He's lurking the threads and doesn't have the guts to actually post anything in response; Anything he says is said behind a layer of sarcasm and irony to avoid any sort of criticism, yet acts absolutely baffled when other people either do the same, or criticize and point that fact out.
I'm not one for discord drama, in fact I've actually not even touched the community, bare installing some mods, but I decided to take a look (which was a mistake) and now I feel nothing but disappointment, that a community that could've been greater than the sum of it's parts, gets absolutely destroyed by trite nonsense. I see people like him claim how toxic 4chan is, and that it induces "brain rot", yet these same people on the same coin will go and harass someone under a "guilty until proven innocent" mentality.
>>
>>1149885
>Nia is a German
Pretty much tells everything about this modder
>>
>>1149887
Yeah, I saw the chain of deleted posts from the previous thread and the writing & posting style strongly sounds like him for sure
>>
>>1149879
That guy is just a vitrolic ass in general from what I've seen of him, he'll look for basically any excuse to shit on people and seems to bee in a perpetual state of assblasted.

Seriously I don't think I've ever seen someone throw a tantrum over "YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS FICTIONAL THING WORKS!!!!!!!" the way that asshole does, and he makes a habit out of it.
>>
File: DiableFortress.png (335 KB, 412x660)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
Any other hidden mods out there that add big ass ships? legit never heard of this mod before I randomly happened to stumble across it on pastebin
>>
>>1149844
If people wanna talk about them being retarded that fine.
Making fun of retards is not equivalent to becoming one.
If you have something to discuss or wish to change topic nothing stops you from making posts about such and people responding to your posts if they have something to add.
I for example, would like to ask, what do people think of shield shunt and how viable is it?
It seems to make the AI more aggressive and thus more likely to attack the targets I tell them to attack but I dunno if it's worth it considering some weapons seem to do insane amounts of damage even if you bulk up on armor. I guess it's a case by case basis it's looking like, cause I can armor up an enforcer really heavily but hammerheads struggle to get out of the 500s while still armed well.
Anyone have any feedback for me here?
>>
File: nom_queen_bee.png (240 KB, 377x431)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>1149901
I think someone updated the Nomad mod recently, which has some pretty fucking big ships. I think there's also some dipshit making a mod based around the shitty green droneships for some reason that has a fuckhuge ugly shitbrick or two, though I don't remember of the fucker ever actually put a release up anywhere.
>>
>>1149903
There are some mostly low tech bricks it works well on, but most ships don't really want it. Shield shunt en masse also hurts your bottom line considerably till you tap into bottomless flow of money that colonies are.
>>
File: 61247458569.png (334 KB, 2812x1310)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>average SS mod author experience
>>
>>1149757
They are indeed worse, but I assume they're not meant to be used by the player, only by the Pathers. They are indeed a sidegrade with a slight serving of downgrade, but they'll have to actually cost significantly less than Daggers to be used by most players since versatility > niche damage and no one wants to be spend a minute changing their equipment just to slightly optimize their fleet against a station or capital-heavy fleet.
>>
>>1150022
You get punished super hard for refitting in space which is why generalized loadouts are what everyone using.
>>
>>1149906
Kino, but that looks like a station not a ship
>>
>>1149903
Shield shunt is more for ships that are low-tech and slow to free up some flux and avoid the retarded AI getting flux-locked. They'll have to be wary of ionic weaponry and the high intensity laser (and missiles but you should have plenty of PD anyway) so it's a trade-off. It's an easy mistake to make but Hammerheads are neither low tech or slow and so shield shunt is not recommended for them. It's up to you since it is a trade-off but personally I just shove shield shunt on everything that's a low-tech capital. Offense is the best defense after all.
>>
>>1150022
That sucks, I really like using the low tech equipment.
I haven't really fought pathers yet, I always pay their tithes, do they even have carriers to use? And are there carriers so good it warrants their only craft being overpriced garbage?
>>
>>1150040
They are an absolute meme in vanilla and are strictly worse pirates. Their cell support stations are generally better than pirate raid ones though.
>>
>>1149901
Does the mod work on the current version or is it still outdated?
>>
>>1150043
This is the case until you find one of their gigapatrols. The Prometheus MKII is so much more dangerous than anything the pirates have (unless you sell them blueprints) and their frigates are terrifying compared to the pirates.
>>
>>1150043
That's a shame, I was hopeful to find some of their shit and use it, built in safety overrides sounds like it would be pretty useful.
>>1150051
Which frigates do they have their own designs of? All I know of is the brawler cause I saw one in a shop once.
>>
>>1150051
>unless you sell them blueprints
I don't get how you are not supposed to do it in vanilla, it is way too tempting to sale without tax with how huge it is, especially early game. And you generally get zero benefits playing the ball too. Even something as basic as progressively lower tax in military markets the higher your standing is would go a long way.
>>
>>1150040
It might just be an oversight, Alex is obsessed with balance and even the deliberately trash pirate ships like Colossus Mk II & III and Atlas Mk II are slightly overcosted, but not enough to make you never want to use them. You can always just mod the OP cost of perditions to something sane, like 15 or so.
>>
Any other mods made by anons? I know KoC is one of them.
>>
>>1150057
Is it even that big of a deal? Autoresolve doesn't specifically care what ships you have, it would only matter if you yourself engage a pirate fleet directly, or selling blueprints actually add to a pirate fleet's DP when it is generated. Selling capital blueprints might actually weaken pirates, since the larger a ship is, the weaker its autoresolve relative to its DP.
>>
>>1150057
just don't fall to temptation lmao
>>
>>1149906
>I think someone updated the Nomad mod recently
the last post in the nomad mod thread was 2 years ago anon. is this some bootleg only on discord?
>>
>>1150052
All their frigates have almost suicidal AI and free SO and increased stats. Off the top of my head, I know they have Lashers, Kites and Brawlers. Outside of frigates, their Colossus is way more dangerous than the pirate equivalent, because it's basically a free Hammer barrage for 9 DP. Most patrols don't have the right amount of ships to mass either of these and are never a threat. But when you get a huge one, either from a bounty, or guarding a station or jump point, it can get very dangerous very quickly.
>>
>>1150081
>increased stats
???
>>
>>1150068
I honestly not sure how it is handled on backend, but in all of my games where i was dumping my exploration shit on black market core worlds were permanently fucked by pirates.
>>
>>1150083
so gives you increased stats.
>>
>>1150046
still outdated I think
apparently there was a VIC colored version that was updated but no luck in finding it
>>
>>1150087
I honestly believe SO should not be available to slot in villy nilly. Make it build in unique for pathers, pirates and few general hulls, same as shielded cargo holds are.
>>
>>1150062
The dev of machina void shipyards posted here a while ago iirc. Might have been an anon larping as the dev though who knows.
>>
>>1149903
It is you fucking retard.
They deserve no attention, infact they CRAVE attention.
The smalldag discordfags are arguably worse than nia. They're jealous of the top guys. They are perpetually insecure retards with no talent
On god why does every single modding community have to he so fucking toxic and autistic, what drags those faggots to this
>>
File: thinkofthekids.png (1.12 MB, 1115x1493)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>1150102
>On god
>>
>>1150062
>Any other mods made by anons? I know KoC is one of them.
There's been a few but most are pretty transient. Some come back occasionally.

~ Next KoC will come with a couple of missions:
Pt.1 You play as MBG taking out a civilian convoy.
Pt.2 You play as a KoC eliminating the MBG who took out the convoy.
~ It's basically a quick way to try the ships.
>>
File: screenshot056.png (870 KB, 1920x1200)
870 KB
870 KB PNG
>>1150062
yeah i make prv Starworks
>>
Hello! Would anyone be willing to educate me on how to make the Drover carriers more aggressive? Not their fighters but the ship itself.
With 2 light needlers in it's ballistic slot and 4 Small Harpoon MRM missiles it should be very lethal, but running it in a simulation it avoids other ships and only sends it's fighters to engage them.
>>
>>1150144
Try safety override and reckless/aggressive pilot. It still might not work though, ai seems to have presets for ships and some are just better tuned than others. The amount of fuckery ai piloted doom can do is honestly impressive, yet afflictors will either yolo suicide or forever hang in phase never using their ability to support ship it is assigned to.
>>
>>1150150
>ai seems to have presets for ships
two AI hints determine this, CARRIER and COMBAT
just carrier means be careful and use your fighters, like the drover should be (in any serious fight they just die on the frontline), and adding combat means get fucking in there, like the mora or legion do

officer aggression also plays in of course

>>1150144
use a reckless officer or set fleet doctrine aggression to 5. if they're still not suicidal enough for your taste make a minimod that adds the COMBAT hint
>>
>>1150051
>Prometheus MKII
Those assholes literally rammed my Apogee to death once. Completely unhinged.
>>1150052
Pather Brawler is like a Hammerhead packed into a frigate with built-in SO on top of other things. Those little bastards would definitely be my go-to choise if I decided to try a wolfpack fleet.
>>
>>1150151
>or set fleet doctrine aggression to 5
This worked! I had no idea that this effected your fleet I thought it was only the factions.
My drovers get chewed up so I was wrong and the needlers aren't good enough to deal with large ships. The missiles however are always effective
>>
>>1150139
Huh. Didn't know that. Time to download.
>>
>>1150062
I’m actually thinking of making a single ship mod heavily inspired from pic related. Just a 100%OJ-themed ship of her would be enough for me to see if I can make something from someone who is new to the modmaking scene. I just need to figure out how to illustrate the ship’s design, and further conceptualize the ship’s stats and such. I’ve already decided it’s going to be obtained via a quest and is a boss ship of sort that can be obtained after you beat it.
>>
>>1150162
A quest to gain a unique ship like that Sunrider mod? Sounds good to me.
>>
File: kampfchucker(SCFSB).png (24 KB, 158x206)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
another sneedbash, as well as lore
"WHAT BEGAN AS A CONFLICT OVER THE TRANSFER OF A BROTHEL TO AN AGRICULTURE ENTREPRENEUR ESCALATED INTO A WAR THAT HAS DECIMATED OVER A MILLION FARMS. SNEED AND CHUCK HAVE ALL BUT EXHAUSTED THE RESOURCES OF SPRINGFIELD IN THEIR STRUGGLE FOR DOMINATION. BOTH SIDES NOW CRIPPLED BEYOND INSURANCE, THE REMNANTS OF THEIR BUCKS CONTINUE TO BATTLE ON RAVAGED HOMESTEADS, THEIR HATRED FUELED BY OVER FOUR THOUSAND YEARS OF TOTAL WAR. THIS IS A FIGHT TO THE DEATH. FOR EACH SIDE, THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE OUTCOME IS THE COMPLETE BANKRUPTCY OF THE OTHER."
...is what likely would have happened if Sneed and Chuck weren't close friends and settled the issue amicably. In doing so, their industries - one of agricultural equipment, the other of prostitution - became intertwined, creating a surprisingly profitable enterprise known as Sneedault-Chuckoyan Farm Supplies & Brothels. Following the merger, Sneedault-Chuckoyan grew to be one of the major Domain-era corporations, carving out a massive market share in both farm tools and hookers, the former serving as a legal front for the latter in order to evade Domain authorities.
Eventually, Sneed and Chuck decided to retire, their accounts filled with millions of well-and-honestly-earned credits. They settled on building an intercontinental plantation on a life-bearing planet in the distant and little-known Persean Sector. With their new home finished, the two also decided to consturct a massive manufacturing plant on the planet's moon, just so that they would have an industrial base to work with if they felt the urge to get back in business. Their plantation inadvertently became a marvel for outsiders looking for an idyllic place to live, and a small but steady stream of settlers grew into a middling, spread out landowner population. Sneed and Chuck didn't mind - they mostly spent their days at Sneed's Feed & Seed (Formerly Chuck's). Life was good, not a city slicker in sight.
>>
>>1150168
Then the stream of settlers ended. At first, they thought it was just because the novelty had passed for outsiders, but eventually news of the Gate Network having ceased to function reached the two. Sneed and Chuck were now in a situation far different than what they had hoped, and a swift reorganization was necessary. They reinstated the company name of Sneedault-Chuckoyan, but this new state was no corporation: the landowner population, fiercely loyal to Sneed and Chuck for giving them a peaceful and tax-free place to live, was deemed the nobility, and a feudal diarchy was born. The moon's manufacturing plant, once intended for assembly of important farm equipment like tractors and harvesters, now builds mighty warships to ensure the continuation of the Feed & Seed legacy.
Over 200 cycles later, Sneedault-Chuckoyan Farm Supplies & Brothels is now a major contender in the Persean Sector, having spread their rule to several more planets. It is unknown how Sneed and Chuck have managed to survive through the Collapse, but their apparent immortality and benevolent rule have resulted in the emergence of a religion centered around them.
"Man, you hear all this shit about how those Sneedault-Chuckoyan guys are pure evil - heggie propaganda casts, the Church calling them heretics, talks of Tri-Tach gangstalkers sniffing out sympathizers - but, listen man, I've been there, and- I'll keep it simple, aight? You keep an open mind, you go there in peace: you get Feed and Seed. But if you wanna pick a fight, and goddamn, I saw some poor bastards who did: it's gonna Fuck and Suck."
>>
Found out about a mod called United Aurora Federation. It it worthwhile?
>>
>>1150155
Wait, doctrine aggression affects the aggression of your OWN FLEET?
No way, I refuse to believe none of the faggots on discord ever bothered to tell me of this despite my numerous questions about my fleet AI.
>>
>>1150188
unofficered ships yes. you must've been asking some really dumb questions because it's no secret.
>>
>>1150191
My questions were fine fuck you.
>>
>>1150165
Good thing you mentioned that, since I want to learn how some stuff work and such in its code. Maybe through that, I may be able to accelerate the conceptualizing phase. So far, I’m thinking it would go like:
>Cruiser type ship
>some way to allow it to have multiple ship systems, particularly a way to “dash” or drop mines similar to a Doom-class, but stronger damage, uses less flux, detonates if intercepted and has a bigger blast range with a cross pattern to emulate the character more
>its stats, built-in hullmods, etc.
It’s not yet final, but feel free to share some ideas. I’m thinking she would be acquirable as an officer with all perks on elite + reckless to further make it somewhat faithful.
>>
>>1150193
yeah this is why you don't get good answers
>>
>>1150188
I think using discord was your problem
They are on the lower caste
>>
>>1150102
>why does every single modding community have to he so fucking toxic and autistic, what drags those faggots to this
it's not as common as you think, ror2 had some issues but iirc the problem causers were kicked out, you look at a community like skyrim or terraria, everyone does whatever the fuck they want there and the only drama is mods imploding on themselves
starsector has the unfortunate situation of being small, unpopular, autistic, and incredibly centralized
>>1150127
please kill yourself avatarfag
>>
>>1150184
The mod is kinda mediocre
>planets under UAF control have imoroved versions of nanoforges and synchrotrons >hidden system that's only accessible when you get enough relation with Nia Tahl's tranny self insert (not even joking)
>commodities that for some reason sound like giggling anime girls when you interact with them
>shitload of anime portraits(may be a pro or con, depends on your opinion)
>faction music sounds like it came out of a VN
Haven't played enough with the ships to judge if they're OP or not, but a few of their weapons have laser pointers that show their projectile's trajectory when they fire which i think is really cool.
Another important thing to mention is that one of their planets spawn shitloads of tourism fleets which don't despawn due to a bug, iirc the author said he'll fix that in a larger update which'll release in a few months.
>>
>>1150168
>>1150171
kino
>>
>>1150231
>Nia Tahl's tranny self insert
Oh christ. There's no code fuckery is there? Can you destroy/bomb where he lives? The mod doesn't sound too bad. I don't mind anime stuff as long as it's kept in moderation.
>>
>>1150062
This thing. It’s been my favorite ship ever since, it’s a jam having it. Made by a group of anons from here as well.
>>
What are the /vst/ approved mods aside from KoC and the sneedmod in the making?
>>
>>1149925
This faglord always loves to play as the victim. As expected from an anal retentive ratkike.
>>
>>1150259
as the russians idiom goes, he tells you what is being done to him, but not why
>>
>>1150256
share it brethen
>>
File: uaf_nia.png (105 KB, 256x256)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>1150231
>>1150254
This one? She looks like less of a cunt here.
>>
>>1150168
based as fuck
>>
>>1150197
Makes sense if you're implying the same thing as >>1150203, otherwise consume peepee, discord apologist.
Speaking of which.
>>1150203
I figured that if those troons can make a mod - they are at least competent enough to explain mechanics. Apparently not.
>>
>>1150194
There are mods where ships have a second ship system that replaces their shields, i think the Leynos in previous versions of Arma Armatura and the Monjeau from HMI have that kind of gimmick, so that part shouldn't be too hard to implement.
>>1150254
>There's no code fuckery is there?
afaik no, the main dev/project lead is the malaysian dude who draws the portraits so i doubt he'd be able to pull the same shit he does in his mods. No idea if you can remove him by bombing where he lives but you could try to decivilize the station he lives in with Nexelerin. Keep in mind though that there's some content that's only accessible through his character.
One thing i forgot to mention is that enemies sometimes drop "UAF keycards" which you can exchange for relation and mad dosh (like a million credits depending on the card) at any UAF contact, only problem is that these keycards aren't as rare as they should be.
>>
>>1150258
anything made by KOCsucker
MVS if you like reloading missiles and the color blue
superweapons arsenal because it pisses off the mod mafia
>>
>>1150289
>anything made by KOCsucker
I'd stay away from Plight of the Valkyries, it's got some good ships but was more of a dumping/testing ground and conflicts with some of my other mods. It's fine if you use it on it's own, but personally I'd say avoid it.
>>
The game should let me have a command fighter.
Like just a beefed up broadsword that I can fly around the battlefield in really quickly to observe. I know it's not necessary at all I just want it for rp purposes, I like to use the portrait which makes my guy look like a fighter pilot.
I think of my character as a guy who got into a command position but he still likes to larp as one of the flying crew.
They should also have flavor text for marine missions that imply you're there with the troops rather than just watching a video food.
If I was a space captain man I'd lead my veteran mercenary marines from the front.
>>
video feed*
>>
Is the guy that made the omegaslaught here? How would I go about making a ship actually flyable and make a new gun for it?
>>
>>1150258
NGO
>>
File: 51fFh7QmxqL.jpg (33 KB, 356x470)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>1150127
Shut the fuck up white nigger of north america
>>1150216
Have you ever seen the source modding community, like holy shit some of those mfs are schizophrenic.
Haven't had any skyrim mod experience, but it might just be big enough to have a less toxic community, skyrim modding is too easy.
Starsector is in this limbo where it's so easy retards with half a brain can do it, but so niche that normal people are not dragged to it. Like half of the faggots stroking their dicks about being made modders or whatever are objectively terrible, shit art, shit writing, generic changes. Half of them have borderline illegal fetishes and they just parade it and it's fine like (?), everyone is so fucking toxic about it on christ, people just want to argue over fucking nothing.
>>
>>1150057
wait what, selling blueprints does something beside load my wallet up?
>>
>>1150298
Arma Armatura adds pilotable fighters and Cataphracts (mechs) which assist in raids. If you assigned your character to pilot a mech you even get a bit of exp in addition to flavour text which mentions you personally being involved in the fighting.
>>1150318
Either stop using zoomerspeak or just stop posting you massive faggot
>>
>>1148677
>>1148696
>>1148703
cute
>>
File: Intense.png (2.05 MB, 3008x1840)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>1150289
DUDE! ONSLAUGHTS!
When you explore the fringe you can now find unique Onslaught blueprints including Omega-Slaught and Party-Slaught:
https://dropmb.com/Zsiqn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S45-lXhiO5A
>>
>>1150165
Is the sunrider mod good?
>>
Anons, are there any mods out that would let me pilot something like the arkgensis supership hub? I think it'd be really cool to have a mobile base like that.
>>
Adjusted Sector y/n? If you use Adjusted Sector how large do your make your Sector?
>>
>>1150429
n, quite literally pure bloat
>>
>>1150258
Personally, Luddic enhancement.
Being able to wipe a fleet of remnants with a prometheus IED makes Ludd proud.
>>
>>1150364
to do list: make sneedslaught
>>
>>1150429
just add more hypershunts for the boss and cryosleepers so you dont die of tedium
>>
>>1150277
>There are mods where ships have a second ship system that replaces their shields
Can you switch ship systems while in battle? Like a modular way of switching on the fly in the middle of battle
>>
File: 1645934986218.png (116 KB, 443x417)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
Ok, time to ask some general questions, if you'd anons be willing to throw me some of your answers.
>top 3 mods and why
>how many faction mods is the limit
>suggested QoL mods/expansion mods (non faction, i.e indevo)
>>
>>1150476
Nexarelin is a pretty easy call for one of the top mods.
I like the ship and weapons pack, I think underworld is rolled into it. It adds some weapons and ships that fit really nicely with the vanilla ones that you may not even notice they are from a mod. It also gives the pirates some nice new toys and adds a subfaction called the starlight cabal. They are tritach friendly and run around in gaudy purple souped up ships. They won't kill you right away but will fleece you for stuff and money, that raises relations with them though and can unlock a faction store, IF you can meet the credit background check to get in that is.

Last mod? Uhh, could be superweapon arsenal but you will have to look in the mega, that got killed by faggot modder drama. I also really like combat chatter, not so much for the chatter itself but your ships will report on their current state like being out of misses, low hull, overloading, ect. Its helpful to keep tabs on your fleet offscreen when you are fighting rather than just see that they are getting shit on.

Faction mods are going to be >opinion
>>
>>1150289
Do you have a link to superweapons arsenal? I've been trying to find one
>>
>>1150489
Nevermind, found it.
Here's a link for 2.3 if anyone else wants it:
https://drive.google.com/u/4/uc?id=1SL0Dd8AbMKlVefaiXykHk92EJW4CnMkH&export=download

You can also find it here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20220502215507/https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22115.0
>>
>>1150482
nono I mean that's mechanic can't demand a mod take down because it does things he does not like. ie Nex dev can't demand you to not integrate into his mod
>>
Did Diable ever undo the nerfs that the discord trannies forced upon them?
>>
>>1150498
The poster is a bit of a schizo anyway, while Harmful did try to get the superweapons mod smacked over about 12 pixels (lol), what actually got him was him clearly kitbashing about 60 pixels from Harmful's mod. It wasn't that bad, all the superweapons mod author had to do was release a new version with the offending part removed. What really stinks is him inviting all that hostility and scrutiny upon himself because he dared to remind people that modders were known for making malfunction code after someone did a bug report about malfunctioning weapons (turned out it was just AoE effects).
>>
>>1150503
No.
>>
>>1150515
gay
>>
>>1150514
no idea about that, I was talking about "DONT DO THIS REE" demands.
>>
>>1150364
Does it require a new game?
>>
File: 1522042482211.png (421 KB, 492x750)
421 KB
421 KB PNG
>>1150476
>top 3 mods
autosave
targeting pip
crew exp
>>
>>1150519
Yeah, and I'm saying that don't believe what he's saying, he's heavily exaggerating and skewing the truth. Besides, Alex will make up whatever rules he likes on the spur of the moment, motivated by zero legal guidance and whatever he feels like that day.
>>
how do you get potrait packs to work, do you need ro manually add the files into the right folder?
>>
>>1150475
Don't think so.
Seems like Starfarers Workshop adds the ability to slap a second ship system on your ship without any drawbacks so you could try taking a look at that.
>>1150528
Just put it into your mods folder.
>>
>>1150523
>>1150488
Thanks anons, I appreciate it
>>
>>1150522
>Does it require a new game?
No, Onslaughts is safe to add to an existing game.
>>
>>1150533
it says they are out of date and won't let me turn them on
>>
File: portrait_think.png (30 KB, 128x128)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>1150523
>top 3 mods
Better Deserved S-Mods
Bitches Leave
Leading Pip
>>
>>1150139
One of my favorite mods, good work anon.
>>
>>1150537
>won't let me turn them on
Weird, normally you'd still be able to turn them on and start the game. Try opening the mod_info.json file and replacing the game version with 0.95a-RC11.
>>1150541
>Bitches Leave
LinK?
>>
>>1150524
kek, you are right.
>>
>>1150524
I mean I've seen mechanic going on his passive aggressive DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH ME REEE tirades, but i've never seen anything come out of them
>>
>>1150533
>Starfarers Workshop
Is it in the forums?
>>
Randomized Worlds y/n?
>>
>>1150552
>0.95a-RC11
that worked, thanks
>>
>>1150573
nex? only sometimes, for variety. try setting the core really large, with only a small amount of inhabited worlds
>>
>>1150565
Yes
>>
>>1150573
Randomized World can really make the 4X experience since some of the nex rng in normal world just don't make sense.
>>
>>1150573
For variety you can try it. It's an absolute mess but if you enjoy chaos then it's great
>>
>>1150429
i use the default size sector but add a bunch of extra ruins sleepers and such
>>
>>1150476
Nexerelin - base game is barren as fuck
Industrial evolution - base game is barren as fuck
Console commands - doing smuggling into exploration gets boring after a couple of runs so just skip it instead
as many faction mods as your pc can run
you will have to restart every 1-2 hours because of memory leak though
locked and loaded for some challenge bounties
>>
>>1150364
The hell's that one near the mid-left with the amputated arms called, an Unslaught?
>>
is it possible to make a mod with stronger formation?
I mean REALLY strong formations. "make a long and don't break it, ever", or maybe make it so if most ships want to go back the whole line goes back
>>
Anyone knows how to apply the crew/marine effect in a commodity? more quantity = more sprites but faded in the bg
>>
>>1150598
looks like an offslaught to me
>>
File: conquest.png (141 KB, 190x400)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
How do you make this piece of shit work, tell me
>>
>>1150623
use the double mjolnir fit, hit autopilot. if it's there's a problem at this point it's the rest of your fleet that's causing it.
>>
>>1150627
I slapped some squalls and gausses and have it provide long range support, but the fucking retard just gets overloaded with flux and barely does anything, it costs as much DP as a Onslaught while providing none of the DPS or the survivability. I'll try the Mjolnirs and see how it turns out.
>>
>>1150630
yeah the gauss fit is shit, too much flux and not enough DPS, and the awful tracking rate plus a windup means that it tends to miss too
>>
>>1150623
>>1150630
you will need to bring 2 of them to do anything
fill one side and leave the other empty
fill the opposite side for the other ship
now you have immensely costly but atleast not complete dogshit ships
>>
>>1150623
Not much that can be done. You don't get that many weapon slots for DP because of lol broadside and it's a huge and squishy target.
>>
>>1150644
It's such a shame too, Odyssey is one of my favorite ships and thought Conquest would be the same but midline. How wrong I was.
>>
File: ppb-cq.png (396 KB, 1280x800)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>>1150623
Install PewPewBoom!

It fixes the forward ballistics so they can fire forward (and does the same with the onslaughts arms).
>>
File: 1645183301805.gif (1.02 MB, 498x280)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB GIF
>>1150168
>>1150171
Beautiful.
>>
>>1150154
Burn drive and the fact that they don't go fast enough to knock big ships out of orbit means they're good for suicide bombing when you're out of missiles and low on health. I've destroyed many Paragons this way, by getting inside of their shield when it goes down for a split second.
>>
>>1150623
Just add Accelerated Ammo Feeder. I bet the pirates could convert one and make it better than the original like with the Falcon. But if I had to use one, maybe I just like Devastators too much but I put 4 with Autocannons/HVDs and Squalls to clear fighters and provide close support. Even then something like a Falcon (P) with 4 Proximity Charge launchers can probably do a better job of clearing fighters and pressuring ships.
>>
>>1150728
Shadap dumb kocsucker fore I finna blacker u wit my BBC.
>>
>>1150413
Can't give in depth answer since i'm struggling to beat those two mechs. But it seems nice so far.
>>
Does anyone play with prv Starworks? How the fuck do i deal with these space dragons?
>>
File: phase_assault_ff.png (14 KB, 80x80)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>1150729
>kocsucker
Sorry, but you got the wrong anon, that wasn't me.
>>
>>1150754
It was you because it sounded like you so even it it wasn't you you finna pay alimony n shieet cause it was you because of cohabitation.
>>
>>1150731
make sure you have some big hitters. reapers, harpoons, hellbores, plasma, gauss, mining blasters, stuff like that. you want to crack their armor asap, and they ignore damage types.

they're also just plain dangerous, so early game you may be better off avoiding them.
>>
>>1150758
... moving on...

New shade! Small universals have been upgraded to medium missiles!

First impressions?
>>
>>1150731
A mod has actual dragons?
>>
>>1150804
i think of them as space whales. but they do breathe fire.
>>
>>1150802
Thoust must delete it right now because shade finna be shit n shieet.
Still more balanced than that medium kinetic energy thing.
>>
>>1150824
>shade
>shit
nogs gonna nog
>>
>>1150828
I gun get Omen and not pop when a single light mortar looks on me and be a better distraction cheaper.
>>
>>1150824
>Still more balanced than that medium kinetic energy thing.
The Grav cannon? I upgraded that. Higher rate of fire, lower accuracy.

I realized it was significantly under-performing compared to the humble railgun and needed a boost.
>>
>>1150837
Because you don't understand the failure of the low tech and high tech balancing.
Non big mount energy weapons are supposed to be garbage compared to the ballistics because low tech is the anti meta compared to the high tech meta.
>>
File: 1.png (546 KB, 1577x897)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
>60 missile mounts
MY DICK
>>
>>1150867
Looks like it was drawn in MS Paint...

Wait is this the thing that that one discord autist was making with the magic immune to everything aliens? I think I recognize some of those sprites from that.
>>
>>1150867
> 1800 OP
Jesus fuck
>>
File: 123.png (120 KB, 841x617)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>1150873
it WAS drawn on ms paint,but the sales pitch sold me, might combine it with YURI faction missiles or something
>>
>>1150867
>>1150879
That's cursed, i will try someday.
>>
File: 6724359560.png (44 KB, 467x356)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>1150879
Looks like they got their inspiration from Interactive Buddy.
>>
>>1150879
Ah, it is that guy. I saw the retarded lore he was peddling and it immediately turned me off due to the magic immune to everything aliens and completely retarded understanding of physics.
That, and his ideas of game balance that make the Iron Shell 'actions have consequences' fleet look even-handed and reasonable (you cannot kill my special mary sue faction because if you attack them their ULTIMATE MEGA BATTLESTATION will send a FLEET OF FIVE UTLIMATE MEGA DREADNOUGHTS to attack you instantly from anywhere in the sector!!!!!).

Overall the guy just kinda gave me this feeling like he was, if not literally 14 then at least 14 in spirit. If that makes him better or worse than delusional arrogant discord trannoids I'm not so sure on though.
>>
>>1150840
>Non big mount energy weapons are supposed to be garbage compared to the ballistics
>Larger Mount
>Almost double the OP
>Lower DPS
Sounds like it fits right in with the garbage.

The only argument you can really make is "is it better than the Grav Beam?". Which I'd be inclined to concede. Looking at it, now that I've upped the DPS we can knock the range back to 700.
>>
File: 1658506694969181.jpg (7 KB, 298x319)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1150879
>realistic
how delusional is this man?
>>
>>1150901
It's no delusion when it's quantum mechanics.
>>
>>1150901
Considering the lore the dude (I in good conscience say its' an adult with all I've seen him say) put up, I would argue that it may be the single most un-realistic mod currently available or in development for this game. Including the interdimensional br*tish anime wizards.
Dude basically wrote an autistic Halo fanfiction complete with 'and then the humans did make an million invinsible mega dreadnought and did fighteth the alien and did the win!!' and then decided to make it a Starsector mod for some reason.
>>
>>1150879
>space B-52
disregarding everything else, pretty based
>>
>>1150916
Not a Spess B-52, literally just an actual unmodified B-52 in space for no reason... supposedly. Also its' supposed to be a fighter, despite having a sprite larger than the Paragon.

It's so stupid and brazen I almost have to respect it.
>>
>>1150879
It's so fucking retarded it loops around to being double retarded
>>
>>1150918
if you're on the d*scord have you told him that the scaling is a bit whack?
>>
>>1150927
I don't communicate with d*scordfags (that aren't IRL freinds or people I've known for years outside of that shithole anyway), but trust me the denizens there have yelled at him about it every time he's shown up basically.

Its' honestly the point where if he wasn't just genuinely that fucking retarded I'd want to support the guy out of spite, if nothing else he's at least got a damned thick skin to keep going as he does with the amount of shit he catches.
>>
>>1150918
>Also its' supposed to be a fighter
You mean frigate? funnily enough i cant seem to find it with the variant validator to test it out
>>
>>1150936
No, the guy wants it to be a fighter. Like, a launches-out-of-a-carrier fighter. That could theoretically be placed on a vanilla carrier. Despite having a sprite larger than the fucking Paragon.

This is why this dude is double-retarded.
>>
just looks like he's trolling the shit out of people desu
>>
>>1150938
Didn't someone here posted a webm of doing something like that? looked funny as fuck
>>
>>1150946
Pretty sure I saw a fighter-class inflictor frigate webm.
>>
File: SPIN.gif (1.69 MB, 498x412)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB GIF
>>1150623
Build for broadsides
>1 side anti-shield
>1 side anti-armor/anti-hull
>squall + hurricane mirv
>auxiliary thrusters
>helmsmanship
>>
which mod has the epattcud ships?
>>
What are the best settings?
>>
>>1150953
The better solution
>>1150654
>>
>>1150972
>cheating is better solution
ok
>>
>>1150975
Who cares about cheating if you're objectively having more fun?
>>
>>1150965
Low Tech Armada I think. Though the damn things are almost impossible to get ahold of, there's no BP for the things and if you have basically any other mod that adds shit to the Pirate spawnlists other than like HMI, they'll basically never show up.
>>
>>1150779
>they ignore damage types
So an anti armor weapon wouldn't get the 200% bonus?
>>
>>1150980
>no bp
oh shit, really?
>>
File: Ful_XLScrapship.png (590 KB, 502x666)
590 KB
590 KB PNG
>>1150991
They have an in-engine tag, but there's no acquirable item that can give you all their blueprints, you've got to collect them all individually and there's like thirty of the fucking things.
Personally I just went into the files and put in a a BP item myself, its' really easy if you know what to do, certainly easier than spending hours upon hours fishing through RNG in the hopes of finding a BP drop for the giant flying U of doom.
>>
File: 1658186646224371.jpg (45 KB, 634x484)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
bros, how do I into starsector's art style? I want to make a mod, but I don't want to have to kitbash because it would make me feel lazy
>>
>>1149819
>black souls poster
you are my nigga
>>
>>1150654
Lame. The whole point of the conquest is that it's a broadside.
I would even go so far as to call this desgraceful
>>
>>1150998
i didn't even know that had a blueprint, figured it was salvage only
>>
>>1151004
just git gud
kitbashed sprites are not the end goal, they are the learning exercize, you slowly build up skill by kitbashing less and less, and hand drawing more and more
>>
>>1151004
Even the actual artist for the game kitbashes, it's totally okay to do, and honestly its' probably the best way to get a feel for how shit should look.
Personally would suggest trying to make some bootleg Pirate ships that are supposed to look kinda hacked together (as it can give you an idea of how to make it less obvously kitbash-y). From there just screw around with the different shipsets to see which one you like working with the best (hightech lets you get away with things looking like homogenious lumps, but getting the parts to connect together is much more difficult, while low-tech is basically the opposite, detail bits everywhere but so long as you give it a little bit of shading and a small border you can pretty much mash anything together with anything, see the gigantic abomination up above).
>>
File: 1617380872351.png (110 KB, 326x318)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>1151017
>>1151020
thanks for the advice lads, guess i'll get to work then
>>
>>1150623
Download missing ships mod and get the staple instead.
>>
>>1151017
no even fighters were that intense in the sprite era.
>>
https://discord.gg/gvvgZQvj

Found this server
>>
>>1151064
>get in like 4 different servers
>all but the circlejerk sv talk about the same shit
>this guy called banano of doom somehow involved in all of them
>>
>>1149853
Based. Its a nice goal
>find one
>salvage it
>repair it
>slot it out
Bribg it out for the big battles but have a lighter faster ship for quick battles
>>
>>1151020
Stop using that fucking word holy shit you have no idea how retarded you sound
>>
>>1151092
>he's not an homo genious
>>
>>1151095
Motherfucker, I thought I caught all the chronic misspellings in that.
But if it makes retards sperg maybe I should keep doing it.
>>
>>1151108
why should i join
>>
>>1151109
its like 4chan in there but discord edition so its pretty dank compared to the other servers
>>
>>1151109
The person sending the link is 100% some retard pretending to be a "4chan user"
>>
>4chan discord server
No. Fucking. Way.
>>
>>1151116
actually it's a discord 4chan thread.
>>
>just join my discord that has no reason to exist bros it's totally based and dank and we can be totally /politically incorrect/ and stuff
>>
>>1151123
let the kids have their fun
>>
File: terry attack.gif (3.25 MB, 497x463)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB GIF
>discord
Not today, glowies.
>>
Dick. Cord
lmao
get it?
>>
>>1151112
Okay, putting everything else aside you sound like a 60-something marketing agent trying to be hip and cool. You don't have to adopt nonsense zoomer speak to get with the times but good god man, could you at least try to sound normal?
>>
>>1151124
The kids don't deserve fun
>>
>activate screen night mode
>doesn't work
>open Starsector
>it works
>close game
>it doesn't work again
What the fuck is this bullshit, Alex's unholy baby corrupted my PC.
>>
>>1151136
PC is now phase PC
>>
File: 1632216608946.png (1.35 MB, 700x1400)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
Can someone explain how you can build ground defenses and industries on a Gas Giant?
>>
>>1151157
On floating/elevated platforms duhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>1151162
You're right. They added some new art/icons for gas giant structures and industries
>>
>>1150970
vanilla
>>
File: 1595548704593.png (1.83 MB, 1454x1000)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
>>1151166
But I"m using 14 faction mods
>>
>>1151164
It's actually orbital
>>
>>1151168
Then put everything high and activate Derelict Empire mode and laugh as everyone dies to Guardian spam.
>>
File: NorthKoreanReaction.gif (604 KB, 1165x1080)
604 KB
604 KB GIF
>>1151108
This is just corvus but worse and "4chan"
I have the vst thread, i don't need a medium moderated by discordfags who are too scared to open 4chan
>>
How do you colonize and step on gas giants?
>>
>>1151186
You wouldn't, but in theory if you could find some way to not be crushed to death instantly floating platforms would probably be involved.
>>
>>1151186
orbital or enclosed infrastructure
>>
File: 1657358619699.jpg (34 KB, 680x475)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>1151186
You shoo the gas away with your hands and breath.
>>
>>1151186
>How do you colonize
Floating cities
>step on gas giants
lol
>>
slipstreams are the worst shit there is, why did they add it again?
>>
>>1151220
Something about dead fish swimming belly-up down stream.
>>
>>1151108
Is that the /pol/tard server?
>>
>>1151235
it's a honeypot
>>
>>1151211
You start farting in a plastic bag and breathing it in until your body acclimatizes to the gas.
>>
>>1151284
don't do this it makes mustard gas
>>
>>1151235
It's the discordfag server
>>
At what % hazard rating does a planet starts getting unviable for colonization?
>>
>>1151310
only >250% gas giants with shit volatiles, anything with even decent resources will eventually become profitable, as long as your first colony isn't some >200% barren shithole you'll have the money
>>
Where can i find Hullmod Expansion? I couldn’t find it in the forums
>>
>>1151004
there's no shortcuts, you just have to do and do over until you get a feel for david's approach to greebs (lots! no, none!) contrast (best avoided) and perspective (optional)

the usual platitude is to remember that you're making tiny paintings, not "pixel art". detail with a 1px brush, not the pencil.

when it comes to kitbashing, it's all been done, and done twice again for good measure. i'm much more impressed by mediocre original work than yet another pair of onslaught arms squashed together.
>>
Reading the posts in Discord, they’ve just said that HM doesn’t care about his sprites being used with NGO’s kits. Sounds very false, since the moment 4chan is mentioned just makes everyone who saw the text visibly mad and loathe at whatever we just produced like this >>1150168. I’m fairly certain that once we’re done making the conversion, they’ll likely go ballistic and pretend they don’t care, while at the same time, they’ll likely attempt to shut it down.
>>
>i'm gonna own the shit out of this guy by making fanart of his stuff
not even 2d-chess desu
>>
>>1151344
You are pretending like the sprites are
A) any good
B) took effort to make
You are making a meme mod to piss of some tranny onlie
>>
File: HM on the left.png (130 KB, 400x520)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
BENIS :-DDDDDDD
>>
>>1149906
Post link now
>>
>>1151353
>A) any good
>B) took effort to make
Irrelevant, the objective is to piss them off, and it's working. It's akso funny as hell
>>
File: Forgeship.png (721 KB, 542x802)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>>1151357
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kPbprzsLSJiVgeBMvU0GVjwbcITVUMCP/view?usp=sharing
And while I'm at it, Tyrador, which has straight-up Sporeships as pseudo-stations you can fight/steal.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TriB6hPEOLR05LbwcA4ZvL0Ct1piDEXn/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>1151363
Underage
>>
>>1151365
Looks dumb as hell
>>
>>1151344
>he skipped straight to the second stage of grief
>>
>>1151370
Cope and/or Seethe. We know you dipshits are floating around this thread like a bad smell.

Real talk whether Soren and his ilk actually throw a fit or not is irrelevant, they're seething assmad morons 24/7 anyway so it doesn't change much. Making a shitpost mod at their expense is funny entirely independent of them, like how chokeposting was way more entertaining than anything that actually came out of the last of us 2 directly.
>>
>>1151374
Underage
>>
Can someone post the Buck Breaker capital ship? With the picture of Tariq as the All your base guy?
>>
>>1151377
Yes, you found the copy/paste shortcuts, very impressive.
Come back when you can communicate like a normal person instead of a discord troglodyte.
>>
>>1151380
You are the discordfag, cunt.
Coming here insisting on making "meme ships" fucking grow up
>>
>>1151382
>y-you're being immature!
go fuck yourself, at least the guy's having fun and actually making shit instead of the guy with a stick up his ass over autistic 2d space combat simulator sprites
>>
>>1151382
Wow, you're really upset over something that really doesn't fucking matter.
But no, I have nothing to do with whoever the fuck is doing that shit, I just think it's funny and your pants-shitting about it is obnoxious.
>>
Ok who's fighting who this time?
>>
>>1151391
Demented discord trannies vs anon. Basically autists vs autists
>>
>>1151388
Instead of doing retarded meme mods that forum is already choke full of this thread could do fucking interesting and original for once. Even KoC memery is head and shoulders above this petty shit in both concept and execution.
>>
>>1151391
retards having fun vs retard not having fun
>>
>>1151388
You are the discord tranny
Who the fuck types like that
>>
>thread goes to shit as soon as I can’t access my computer to make new sneedbashes
fuck
where’s our replacement sneedbashers
>>
>>1151401
I can't draw for shit, the best thing I can do is save them all and then upload them to a mega when someone asks for them
>>
>>1151394
Yeah nobody cares about your arbitrary standards of 'interesting and original' dude. And you are still being assblasted over shit that doesn't matter.

Oh no, someone who probably wouldn't have cared to do anything otherwise decided to make goofy kitbashes of the fugly vector sprites made by that one insufferably smug hack modder. How utterly horrible, how dare they do this instead of making yet another obnoxious self-serious mod faction with some stupid gimmick nobody is ever going to engage with. Better put on the minimod hat and go throw a tantrum on an antarctican hula dancing forum in the hopes of getting them to stop by giving them more attention.
>>
>>1151403
so just doing the exact same thing I did without contributing OC.
>>
>>1151394
>Even KoC memery is head and shoulders above this petty shit in both concept and execution.
Are you talking about the surface level stuff or the stuff in the code.
>>
>>1151401
I need to learn how kitbashing works. The only picture or illustrator program I have ATM is Clip Studio Paint
>>
>>1151353
Not just one tranny anon, but multiple birds in 1 stone. Just to see what happens.
>>
>>1151408
Becuse it's made in bad faith.
It's not art, someone making it does not deserve cheap respect for being bad.
On god nia is better than all of you cause he focuses on making something, instead of larping as an "anon" on the vst thread.
You are not good at anything and it shows
>>
>>1151415
Get yourself some GIMP, it's free and will do everything you need.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (426 KB, 1412x1500)
426 KB
426 KB PNG
>>1151419
bad faith parodies
where have i heard that one before
you wouldn't happen to be french canadian by chance, would you
>>
which troll will win today's thread?
>>
>>1151419
Release your mod or commit neckrope, nigger. All you do is bitch about other people.
>>
I feel like PureTilt in this thread, say hi.
>>
>>1151415
Christ it's so easy and you are so retarded.
Learn to use photoshop, it's free. Making something original is not hard, especially not on the game resolution. Kitbashing is for faggots who want points for being bad
>>
>>1151424
God forbid i'm the white nigger
>>1151428
This is the canadian
>>
>>1150986
and no penalty for kinetics. frag is counted as 25% of nominal

a hellbore or reaper still works great just on account of the huge hit size though
>>
>>1151420
>>1151431
Are there any reasons to use them over what I’m currently using? Or it’s a matter of preference as long as it gets the job done?
>>
>>1151434
Photoshop has a lot of features that other programs just lack, it also has tons of quality tutorials on youtube and it's fun to use.
It's also free if you get what i mean
>>
>>1151434
photoshop is simply the best program in the business, there's no reason to use anything else.
>>
File: sneedbashing.png (59 KB, 464x494)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>1151415
never doubt yourself, anon
there's no drawing involved (yet) and if you can use a mouse you are ready to sneedbash
i use paint dot net but GIMP like >>1151420 suggested can work just as well (any img editing program works), pick the one you're the most comfortable using
really all you do is just grab a dme ship, recolor it with the methods in >>1149432 and then just copy and paste parts over it from >>1148990
keep parts in several layers to rearrange them more easily if need be
if you're making a symmetrical bash you can also make one side of the ship and then just flip it for the finished version
>>
>>1151434
CSP is perfectly fine to use. Gimp's main perk is it's actually free, main flaw is related to it being actually free. Photoshop is Photoshop, without even checking I used its keyboard shortcuts in CSP cause I expected they'd pull up the same tools.
>>
>>1151436
>>1151437
I’ll go grab a pirated copy of it when I want to try it and see.
>>1151442
Alright, I’m fine to settle on CSP for now since I’m currently in a need of trying to figure out all this ship creation and such.
>>
File: docking-1.png (547 KB, 839x697)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>1151441
Problem with kitbashing is it leads to bad habits, you have everything on a platter so why should you improve?
Try focusing on original art, photoshop is so easy you'll figure it out. It's collage, literally, the actual term is collage and kitbashing was made up by people who wanted to sound smart and cool but have no clue what they are doing.
You probably have a ton of actually creative and original ideas in your head, try making them in photohop, mix real images together until it works. It doesn't even need to be perfect or realistic, it just needs to be pleasant to look at.
Drop whatever anyone says to you, just make and have the will to do so, to be better with each step.
Art is not hard, you just, need to learn it
Learn to art my bro
>>
>>1151431
Original does not equal good, trannoid
>>
>>1151453
But original will always be better
>>
>>1151453
only good can create. evil can merely pervert.
>>
>>1151441
Sure, I’ll give it a try. After all, I’ve drawn stuff before so this’ll be a new field for me to take part on.
>>
File: totallyoriginal.png (370 KB, 705x576)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
>>1151456
case in point
>>
>>1151454
Shit you are right look at this very original work >>1150879 kitbash cant even compete
>>
>>1151474
This is my problem with you cunts
He atleadt tried to be original, if he keeps going he *will* get better. You are so toxic about it that the only explanation is you are jealous
>how dare he try to do it himself it looks so bad!!!
Kitbashing has no soul
>>
>>1151476
>no soul
Yeah ok you faglord, OC DONUT STEELE TRANNIAH SHITWORKS number 54 with *LORE* is anything but sovl
I Will take hundred KoCs over trash like ViC
>>
>>1151476
No, your problem is you're a faggot who thinks he can tell people what to do. Kitbashing is a quick and easy way to become familiar with spritework. If someone wants to move on and do original work after getting some practice in then they'll do just that. If you want more originality in mods then get off your ass and start making them yourself.
>>
>>1151344
Harmful Mechanic deserves to be gassed
>>
>>1151484
>>1151486
Stay bad and stay mad
>>
>>1151476
Trannies have no soul
>>
kek at the seething noskill bashcuck. git gud son
>>
I WILL kitbash because it’s the chad way to go
>>
>>1151496
Underage
>>
>>1151327
The forum cabal kept accusing the author of being a thief . He then became "uncivil".
4.0 is on the mega
4.2a: https://files.catbox.moe/x8lglt.rar
4.5a: https://files.catbox.moe/loy74g.zip
>>
>>1151503
Cry me a river
>>
>>1151494
YWNBAW, i never touched modding tools
Your forum cabal can wallow in its own shit and pretend they are important and superior, pillars of community, Masters of universe and so on
BUT
One day your axe wound or body ruined by HRT will remind you of reality, you ofcourse will not be able to cope
And illusion of everything you wanted to be will be lifted as your corpse rots under tombstone with your real name on it
>>
File: dh_hurricane.png (298 KB, 412x652)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>1150046
Quick update, found a working version on the Corvus channel
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/970013117276893245/974926076776177664/Diable_Dreadnoughts_Reborn.rar
>>
>>1151484
>I Will take [a] hundred KoCs
That put a smile on my face.
>>
>>1151509
So much seethe when you can bare minimum try
>>
>>1151433
Damn, and here i was wondering why my anti armor shit does so little damage
Thanks bro
>>
this thread is going to shit just like the last one
>>
>>1151463
wtf
>>
>>1151583
Its 450 posts in, anon.
>>
>>1150654
link i cant find
>>
>>1151419
t. Discordfag
Neck yourself zoomie orbiter, you will never be a real modder
>>
>>1151510
>discord only
of course, why bother uploading it on the forum?
Not like it's annoying as fuck to search for specific things on Discord or that it's for the most part populated by trannies and their mentally disabled asskissers.
fuck's sake i hate discord
>>
Kitbashing is a good way to start because eventually you'll start wanting different parts and will have to make them yourself. You can get a feel for creating a ship with kitbashing, the rest will come.
>>
>>1151510
...wait, isn't this kitbashed from a knights Templar ship?
>>
>>1151643
it's pretty blatantly a pre-repaint diable base
>>
>>1151658
It looks like the base was that big knights templar cross ship
>>
>>1151635
Jesus shut the fuck up already on god
>>
>>1151510
>discord only
>of course, why bother uploading it on the forum?
The discord is a circle-jerk, on the forums their mods can be seen publicly, which means they can be see and criticized.
>>
>>1151510
>trannycord
yikes!
>>
>>1151713
Kys
Go chat with your tranny friends on discord fucking zoomer faggot
Why the fuck do you even come here?
>>
>>1151685
diable kit over the KT shape
>>
>>1151752
You're not good at this retard
>>
the champion is such a good cruiser
>>
>>1151713
>on god
who the fuck are you people
>>
>>1151816
Spaceport corvus fags "raiding" the thread
>>
>>1151818
Neld left there because he couldn't take constantly being called out for being a faggit.
>>
>>1151818
what's a corvus?
>>
>>1151820
And he continues to be a faggot here apparently.
>>
>>1151463
someone DM this to soren and see his reaction
>>
File: 6345765858.gif (264 KB, 225x225)
264 KB
264 KB GIF
>>1151818
who are these nigger faggots
>>
>>1151820
Maelstorm please shut the fuck up already i won't kiss you on the lips, stop trying.
>>1151832
People banned from usc, mostly. Too scared to use 4chan until now.
They're bad artists who made themselves an echochamber to stay bad, they have drama constantly and they might as well be in love with me if they won't leave me alone. They're no-name cunts who are full of themselves, toxic as fuck
I think this one is in love with me, dming me in the middle of the night and all
>>
>>1151839
Bad artists, you wouldn't know if good art hit you in the face you autistic cunt.
>>
>>1151419
>instead of larping as an "anon" on the vst thread.
corvus tourists are instantly noticeable. the guys doing the kitbashes are all 100% homegrown modders.
>>
>>1151821
discord trannies, nazi flavor
>>
>Leave thread in the hopes that it will settle down overnight
>Sleep well
>Wake up, go through full morning routine
>Check thread in the early afternoon
>Discordfags are still shitting it up and are now referring to each other by name
Holy fucking shit can you faggots just fuck off!
Nobody wants your retarded drama here. Nobody cares about your arbitrary fucking quality standards.
You already have four different discord cesspools to pull your retarded soap opera shit in. Why can't you cock-gobblers go blow each other there and quit shitting things up here?

For a bunch of cunts obsessed with 'making something new' you are utterly fucking incapable of so much as contributing to a 4chan thread without taking a fat messy shit all over it and then rolling in it.
Just fuck off!
>>
>>1151847
Thing is i may think their stuff has room for improvement, and i genuinely think they should put in the efforto figure it out themselves, but alteast they haven't been derailing the thread for the past 2-3 iterations out of spite.
I hate this communits on christ
>>
>>1151852
>w-well the discord shitters haven't been derailing the thread!
>says the discord shitter, while derailing the thread
>>
>>1151839
>They're bad artists who made themselves an echochamber to stay bad
as opposed to the other community of bad artist who made themselves an echochamber to stay bad?

It's really fucking bizarre, normally i'm the one telling the thread to not touch the poop, poops are for watching, not touching. now the poop is touching us.

Seriously both should stay out of the thread. We already have enough with the autistic kids who think they are waging a culture war
>>
So let's talk about more important matters. What do you guys think of slipstreams?
>>
>>1151857
I tab out and go take a piss when travelling so they aren't an issue for me
>>
>>1151857
They only ever seem to go back to the core, but they can occasionally make going through hyperspace a little bit faster I guess.

It ain't much but at least the waterslides are something.
>>
>>1151857
Annoying as fuck
>fly to to unexplored galaxy
>check my phone for like 2 minutes
>300 fuel gone because my retarded fleet kept flying in a slipstream
Ended up downloading a mod that disabled their effects
>>
>>1151857
They always are on the way to some system that I want to explore or get a bounty from, hate them.
>>
>>1151871
Meant star system not galaxy
>>
>>1151861
Half the year thes go left, the other half they go right. They're a bit randomized
>>
>>1151452
>kitbashing is bad
>posts bad art
(LOL)
>>
>>1151879
The funny thing is even the art he posts are just photobashes!
>>
File: sPe325c-_400x400.jpg (27 KB, 400x400)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>1151879
>>1151880
>noooo they are talking about other things we need to drag them back into arguing!!1!1!!!
>>
You'll never be a REAL artist
>>
File: 543.png (1.05 MB, 1788x1200)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>1150623
>>
>>1151860
And what if your fleet keeps going into the stream when you get back?
>>
File: UAF Gunship 1.webm (2.96 MB, 790x732)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>1150184
Still a work in progress, but it's one of the best mods I've played
>>
>>1151896
They correct that after a few times
>>
greetign
s my felowe compartirot it are me the moldova the desginer im making ship "al sneed batch"
good tidigngs
>>
gameplay oriented tcs i'd like to see:

* Every ship behaves like a fighter (does not collision)
* Forced formations where the AI can't change position even if it's about to die
* Every ship and firerate is x5+ faster
* capitals and cruisers are truly massive, most combat is fighter and frigate based
>>
>>1151897
Frigate sized fighters... That's retarded
>>
>>1151904
im are fromgot the imanger
>>
>>1151907
does the armor on the sides come off after enough damage? it looks bolted on
>>
>>1151857
Conceptually they're not a bad idea for making hyperspace a more dangerous realm, but in reality they really don't affect anyone other than your own fleet.
>>
Wow, the asteroid bump repairs are fucking insane, a bad roll and my entire operation goes to shit.
>>
File: 1659084781948.png (186 KB, 1602x350)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
things are in the works
>>
>>1151966
wow a ukraine war reference faction, really topical
>>
File: 1658965188044.png (210 KB, 550x400)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>1151972
it's not a reference to ukraine newfag, it's the new faction of stinger shipyards. the new comes from the fact that ''Stinger EXplosives corporation'' can be abbreviated to SEX and I think that's a good gag
>>
>>1151974
>venture but a carrier
uhh, based?
>>
>>1151974
Eww ugly.
>>
>>1151974
it's not a good gag
>>
File: 1654069305660.png (389 KB, 558x500)
389 KB
389 KB PNG
>>1151975
thank you
>>1151977
fuck you
>>
>>1151974
>DUDE SEX LMAO
>Fugly ships
Inferior to KoC, hard pass
>>
Does this game/any mods have fleshed out Grand Strategy mechanics?

I really, really love the idea of starting as a fucking nobody and working my way up to being Space Hitler. The whole idea of the genre of the game changing as I become more powerful is fucking wonderful. I love it.
>>
>>1151996
not in vanilla
the mod 'nexelerin' introduces some, but it's not nearly as involved as it sounds like you would expect
>>
>>1148426
does support doctrine apply to my own ship?
it seems kinda lame that I don't get it's bonuses on my own ship if I don't though I get why I don't for balance purposes
>>
>>1151997
nta but I don't know, I'm still new to the game and learning but it feels like even in base game the mechanics are about as in depth as something like stellaris in terms of empire management, just that the civilization isn't as customizable
albeit stellaris isn't a high bar to clear but alot of people seem to think its a good 4x for whatever reason
>>
>>1152016
i wouldn't know anything about stellaris, but in vanilla the most you get barebones diplomacy mechanics via the reputation system (which you can't change outside of personally doing missions/bounties for a faction) and basic economy mechanics that determine how much money your colonies print based off of a few numbers and supply/demand
you never control more than one fleet, you can't command your colonies to do anything besides print money or create certain ships/weapons from blueprints, you can't control or order allied fleets at all outside of baiting them into assisting you with a fight if they happen to be close enough
the game's focus is heavily on the moment to moment combat, most of the campaign layer macro stuff is just window dressing and a way to get from point a to point b
>>
File: pain fleet.jpg (363 KB, 1913x855)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
I tried, I died.
>>
>>1152016
>>1152022
the optimal way to play starsector is to set the battle size from 400 to 4000
also the best you'll get in terms of colonies/enjoyment from colonies are (in my opinion) the following mods:

* industrial evolution
* nexerelin
* DIY planets
* grand colonies
* unknown skies

i know many anons will disagree, but I cannot stand to play the game with vanilla colonies or just nexerelin
colonies seem like an afterthought in comparison to combat and all of these mods are band-aid fixes that don't address the issue
>>
I see a bunch of people here having a posting style from both Corvus and USC, you guys might want to put your drama elsewhere and not here lol. Otherwise some anon will go out and call you by name.
>>
>>1152128
>Otherwise some anon will go out and call you by name.
Oh no! Whatever will the attention whores do when someone tries to give them attention? Surely they'll run away and hide from such a brazen move. Good post, my friend.
>>
File: 1562087954461.png (32 KB, 149x187)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>1152128
shut the fuck up
>>
>>1152130
No, it just means we found a faggot that we can point at and laugh at.
>>1152131
Clerks have no rights.
>>
>>1152128
stop avatarfagging you are an attention whore just like them
>>
>>1152135
>posts 1 picture
>avatarfagging
Nigger
>>
File: 87257978_p0.png (574 KB, 1500x960)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
>Hi - thanks for the report! This actually isn't a bug; the Colossus Mk.III is flagged as a "combat" carrier, meaning it's willing to fight on the front line like the Mora or the Legion. That's possibly a questionable tactical choice, but it's a pirate vessel...
>https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22033
How do I make it so the Colossus Mk.III behaves like a carrier instead of what it's like now? Where do I edit the files?
>>
>>1152139
>one
ive seen like 3 or 5, stop pretending
>>
>>1152141
Nigga, I just posted ONE (UNO) (1) picture so far. I dunno if you would consider a ship picture counted as avatarfagging but that’s on you now.
With that said, the best large weapons to give the Radiant is 3 plasmas and 2 tachyon beams? Plasmas on front and the center, and 2 tachyon beams on the sides
>>
File: 1657184153709.png (25 KB, 128x128)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>1151974
Tell me about SEX, what do they do?
>>
>>1151857
They are ok if they help me go to where I want
kinda wish they don't just spawn on top of you
>>
>>1151933
why did that get added by the way? it's a fucking pain in the ass
>>
>>1152131
PM faction wen
>>
>>1151974
If you don't add something like "pozz torpedo" i'm not installing it.
>>
>>1152169
>rats as a pirate replacment
>syndicates as super pirates of varying power
>super varied wing ships
>EGO and Distortion based super ships
>ultra elite head ships
fund it
>>
>>1151857
They're worthless as anything more than a gimmick
They provide nothing substantial; they're too unpredictable to use consistently to travel, they don't pose any threat unless you're trying to die, and they don't add anything to the "immersion" of the game, and the cryptic "ooo spooky ghosts" thing is more annoying than interesting.

You know what *would* be interesting? Things like remnant stations being in hyperspace in the outer sector, with exclusive ships, and remnants being able to chase you (albeit briefly) in hyperspace. I'm sure some lorefags could come up with reasons for why it wouldn't make sense, but it'd be nice to have more combat encounters in hyperspace.
>>
>>1152153
I like using 2 squalls and 3 plasma cannons
>>
>>1152153
5 autopulsers
>>
File: IZssoKN.png (126 KB, 244x467)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
If I wanted to, say, transplant a ship from one mod to another, how would I go about doing it?
I don't care much for Interstellar Imperium but it comes with pic related, a Space Yamato special captial that I adore.
>>
>>1152187
The Nibelung was my flagship. I don't recall which mod it's from.
>>
File: screenshot000.png (1.56 MB, 1920x1080)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
You can can add converted fighter bay to the Shepherd drone tender ship and get an extra 50 storage capacity. This is better than the 30 you get from expanded cargo holds. You can also use both of them together for 200+ storage capacity in a single ship.
You could go even further and add build in a High Resolution Sensor to make them even more versatile
>>
>>1152120
Nope
>>
>>1152140
Ships.csv, open it in excel, find the entry, go over to the tags column (should be full of stuff like COMBAT, CARRIER, CIVILIAN, ect.), delete COMBAT from that entry. Ship should no longer behave in a retarded manner.
>>
>>1152187
I also want to do this
II lags the shit out of my computer, more so than any other faction mod, and I don't care for the ship designs either (too blocky with weird bevels for no reason)
>>
>>1152187
you will have to also transplant the scripts for its ship system, built in weapon, deco weapons for the ship. and any custom hullmods it may have and their corresponding scripts.

You will need an IDE to do it as well, if you haven't modded the game before it will literally be easier to make your own ship than do this,
>>
>>1152159
stinker shityards is a colossal supermod that adds an incredibly interesting faction along with an extremely engaging story to the game. the first mission serves as the mod's opening where you blackmail a female tri-tachyon employee for sexual factors and it picks up from there. I personally thought the scene where you rape a hegemony officer was a bit out of place but even that was tastefully executed. and you would think mixing starsector's grounded gameplay with poorly written fan-fiction level smut would be fucking stupid but the author has manage to do it in such a great way that you can't help but appreciate. I started the game just smuggling heavy armaments to pather planets then around five or six hours later I was in a remnant nexus with my remnant harem and I honestly couldn't tell you when any significant changes occurred in-between.
>>
are randomized worlds any fun?
>>
>>1152120
>everyone who tells me to neck myself is a discordfag

No, you're just a faggot. Contribute or shut the fuck up.

>>1152243
I like them. I've only ever done one run without randomized worlds though.
>>
>>1152250
A) only you took the time to memorize the process for how i make my sprites
B) you type like you do
C) you are denying it.
D) you get so fucking pissed about that for no reason
E) you're paranoid and think every poster is me
Fuck off dog fucker.
>>
File: 1629507016155.jpg (750 KB, 2048x1976)
750 KB
750 KB JPG
>>1152264
>>1152250
>>
>>1152281
Not either of those anons but are you that anime girl and can I typefuck you on >>>/trash/
Guy who asked if he could feel up the spaceship girls boobies btw
>>
>>1152214
Thank you anon.
>>
Does someone have a list of all base game variants for hegemon and luddic path ships?
I want to buddy up with one or the other and which it will be depends on which has more variants to sell.
I like the extra armor and OP Heg stuff can get but the built in saftey overrides from Pathers translates to free op for me cause I love that shit.
>>
>>1152159
Stinger Explosive Corporation are a relatively lowtech mining corporation, albeit a small corporation they have attracted the eyes of the Hegemony due to the domain-era systems and hullmods they managed to retain during the collapse. Equipped as standard on all SEX vessels:

Active Interception Defense System - An active-flare defense system that targets missiles and fighters alike. Unlike normal flares these flares are equipped with a proximity fuse that deals 200 High Explosive damage in an area and are targeted to avoid friendly fire.

Ferro-Armour Galvanization - This hullmod reduces the hit-strength of incoming damage by 20% extending the effective lifetime of armour during combat situations.
>>
>>1152314
Are you twelve anon?
>>
>>1151635
>https://files.catbox.moe/loy74g.zip
That guy goes by the name Neldonax and he is insufferable
>>
File: Trollface.png (44 KB, 755x1255)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>1152328
>>
why did we have to be cursed with these people
why can't they stay in their hole
this is always the risk that discordfaggotry brings, neurotic retards with no social skills sperging out at each other for weeks on end over petty slights
>>
>Tourist from Discord starts a new thread because the auto-sage post count is reached
lmao
>>
Best item to trade en mass?
>>
>>1152328
I said fuck off Turkler
>>
>>1152349
drugs, always
tri-tachis tend to sell them by the bushel and pirate worlds almost always have shortages somewhere
>>
>>1152350
No that's the french canadian
>>
File: 1630900502988.jpg (98 KB, 1080x1338)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>1152350
ok install stinger shipyards
https://www.nexusmods.com/starsector/mods/69
>>
>>1152354
Nah it's shit
>>
>>1152350
guess again trannie
>>
>>1152351
Lobsters tho?
>>
>>1152373
drugs are worth 1.5x-2x as much and available on more worlds, if you're looking for pure cash flow
>>
>>1152375
Not him but what about heavy armaments?
They're always expensive but you can sell them for 1k easily usually, and buy them for 4-500
>>
>>1152349
Heavy armaments gives you the best profit for the amount invested. Organs can too but they are annoying to get and don't have shortages as often. Drugs always work, but you won't get as much from them as from armaments. Everything else is basically useless, even if you get x4-5 price during shortages the low base price and sheer amount of volume you need to move to profit makes it waste of time.
>>
>>1152377
How do i beat the missions where i havd to smuggle a fuck ton of cargo? My fleet is too big for that, like i need to smuggle 10k transplutonics for 100-200k
>>
>>1152379
you don't, smuggling missions are complete bullshit designed to waste your time and money, like spysat missions
>>
>>1152379
Either don't bother or have a revenant/atlas fleet tucked somewhere in core worlds for shit like that i don't think you ever get asked to smuggle basic resources tho, so shit like transplutonics you can do with just atlas squad and transponder on. Missions don't often give good enough returns in general, outside of getting standing and honestly that's the main reason to do them in the first place.
>>
>>1152383
I tend to consistenly be bad with the league, my fleet is always only arlas and prometheus, with 2-3 capitals for defence.
I don't likr combat>>1152380
>>
>>1152385
Get few phase ships to lower your sensor profile, smod your trade fleet too so you can have more than 2 logistic mods. If you do it properly you can do max speed with full atlas fleet and have sensor profile as low as 120-140 and only consideration you will have is pretty big drive bauble which is more than workable.
>>
>>1152402
Damn phase ships lower profile?
>>
>>1152407
yes, check the hullmods on any phase ship, the math is a little weird but it's there
>>
>>1152407
Yes, with transponder off obviously, but they do. Keeping few phase ships around is worth it just for that alone, nevermind that revenants are amazingly efficient being both tankers and transports.
>>
what's up with all these deleted posts?
>>
File: screenshot001.png (1.11 MB, 1920x1080)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
How do I make the Falcon (P)'s more lethal again in the hands of the AI?
What are your guy's build?
>>
>>1152407
the ones with phase field
at most will reduce your entire fleet's profile to 60%
>>
File: file.png (266 KB, 1005x252)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>1152191
>Nibelung
Tahlan shipwork
I also like it, vanilla game is missing good broadside battleship though I wish I could remove the front infinite torpedo launcher for 2 more (sideway) medium missile launcher near the front.
Also the blue one Kriemhild is kinda cheated and keep trying to shoot at fighter with its main canons.
>>
>>1152432
[REDACTED]
>>
>>1152432
looks like someone called the jannies to clean up the discordfaggotry
good on them
>>
File: screenshot000.png (592 KB, 1920x1200)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
safety at last
>>
>>1152460
Chilling in red beacon remnant systems is the most comfy thing in the game
>>
>>1152460
Bro did you colonize the system
>>
>>1152444
I believe the trick was to link the missiles up with a weapon that fires all the time.
>>
>>1152460
You befriended the remnants
>>
>>1152314
You suck at design
>>
>>1152444
I believe I have atropos on my small mounts, don't have ECM, but do have a hardened shield and converted cargo bay with a Xyphos wing. AI seems too retarded to properly time it's 'poons and 'pedos around the enemy's shield, and Xyphos fighters often force the retarded enemy AI to keep it's shield up until it gets overloaded, giving your own retarded AI a safe window to confidently launch it's poons.
I love Palcons a lot, almost always have at least 2 of them in my fleet as soon as I can get them.
>>
What is the Bitches Leave mod supposed to be? I can't seem to find anything on it.
>>
>>1152527
Removes all f*male portraits from the game. Dicksucker mods were fine with it and then randomly decided it was badwrong after a while.
>>
>>1152159
Do you have the original brain in a jar? Very neat portrait
>>
Is there something similar to nexerelin but without ai taking over the planets and generally gridlocking the game? Or maybe there are some hidden options in it already to make ai chill out, that would work too.
I was minding my own business looking for system where to put colony and doing story to unlock gates and like 2nd cycle in hegemony already dunked on core worlds and i got "win" screen, which took me entirely out of it even though i can technically continue playing after.
>>
>>1152536
You can disable invasions
>>
>>1152507
just sign up with the trifags
>>
>>1152349
fuel and supplies
>available in huge amounts
>always in massive demand somewhere
>leftovers are still useful
>>
>>1152590
Cotton man plz.
>>
>>1152592
oh yes almost forgot
>and it's for a good cause
>>
>>1152592
I love the cotton man
>>
File: 1644176291853.jpg (73 KB, 680x680)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>tfw learned about luddic path 9/11'd Mairaath
>tfw learned about hegefags came right after to spitroast the Mayasurans
And they get mad at me for sat bombing Chico?
>>
>>1152635
As much as i agree with some of Ludd's teachings, the Church and Path are full of shit. And fuck the Hegemony.
>>
>>1152635
>a war crime for thee, but not fur me
Typical banking clan shit. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>1152635
>>tfw learned about luddic path 9/11'd Mairaath
>believing hegemony propaganda
look up the ISS Liberty incident
>>
>>1152641
Brotha...
The church is full of shit but the path actually makes sense in the world of starsector
>>
>>1152641
Haha so true fellow Pather say have you praised Daud lately?
[5000 CREDITS HAVE BEEN TRANSFERRED TO YOUR ACCOUNT]
>>
>>1152645
How so? Haven't progressed through the main quest 'cause i keep getting the urge to start new game.

>>1152659
Hey, is it just me or does your post glow?
>>
>>1152662
You'll meet space Osama who describes the philosophy of Pather leadership. Probably the best written character in the game.
>>
>>1152663
Guy was so close to earning my respect when having a conversation with me about the Zig, but then I clicked on some dialog line and he went off on a retarded tangent about how he don't need no arguments cuz he believes in shit.
Still a good character, just, like Joshua Graham from NV, not one that deserves to be admired (and purposefully so).
>>
File: Enough.png (658 KB, 600x578)
658 KB
658 KB PNG
Luddites get shit on way too often in both narration and gameplay, I wouldn't be surprised if they get vindicated in that all the advanced tech really led to ruin.
>>
>>1152722
m8 it already has, the sector was many times larger before the AI wars
>>
What is AI endgame?
They just chill in deep space doing fuck all, "capable of sophisticated thought exceeding the human mind" my ass
>>
>>1152722
Anon luddies are indoctrinated ai sleeper agents
>>
>>1152728
That's a really bizarre conclusion to draw from what was a war between Hegemony and Tri-Tachyon.
>>
>>1152738
They're waiting/searching for omega while also agressively looking for jobs
>>
>>1152738
They are fucking with causality making weapon systems that shouldn't exist.
>>
>>1152738
They have been navel gazing for so long that the deepest masturbatory philosophies that have ever been spawned pale before their horrific NEET prowess. Omega refers to an mystical philosophical construct from a mind superior to ours with deep intricate thoughts that a human like you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>1152746
that's where all the ruined worlds you explore come from, numbnuts. those worlds were healthy colonies before the AI wars.
>>
>>1152738
undefined. biggest undefined in the setting after "what caused the gate collapse".

i don't expect alex and david to ever give answer for either.
>>
>>1152748
t. deludded technophobe
>>
>>1152767
It was the Tri-tach breaking Domain-era law about AI and the Hegemony deciding to do something about it. Blaming it on advanced tech is a really convoluted train of reasoning, you might as well blame everything on advanced tech too.
>>
>>1152774
oh it's you again. fuck off retard, go be tedious somewhere else.
>>
>>1152776
kek, I have no idea who you're talking about, you're the one being tedious.
>>
Okay you fucking faggots how do I make a custom weapon
>>
>>1152791
Step one is be nice
>>
>>1152792
Okay buddy how do I make a custom weapon
>>
>>1152791
Sir thats illegal
>>
File: Sneed.png (63 KB, 200x136)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>1152793
You're gonna need this:
>An image file of the base of the gun
>IF: You want physcial recoil like a barrel moving per shot, a seperate image file for the barrel(s).
>A .wpn file in [....]Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\[insert mod name]\data\weapons
>IF: you want clever projectile bullshit or are making a missile, a .proj file in proj directory beneath the weapons one.
>a line in the [....]Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\[insert mod name]\data\weapons\weapon_data.csv file

That's it. Now stop being lazy and just look at the files of other mods to figure out how they did it and work, then take an exisitng weapon file and start tweaking from there. It's how I got started.
>>
>>1152834
Cheers anon, good stuff
>>
File: (Me).png (36 KB, 128x128)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>1152738
They are stuck in a loop containing their last order.
"Chill out and protect the system, you are allowed this amount of resources/spaceship"

Also AI go insane if they go in hyperspace so they shouldn't be able to coordinate anything beyond their systems. Meaning they are only using design created during the Domain or they would have deviated from each others.
>>
>>1152746
Then what are the all ruins and decivilized worlds we see around the sector? Its pretty fair to say that the sector was a good bit larger pre-collapse
>>
>>1152722
Mankind cannot survive without technology anymore, so their philosophy is self-defeating.
>>
>>1152858
Satan put those ruin there to mess with mankind and make them believe they evolved from a "homeworld" and emigrated everywhere else instead of being created by God on multiple planet.
>>
>>1152856
>Also AI go insane if they go in hyperspace
You've got it wrong, it's not hyperspace, it's phase space, and they don't go insane, they fear it (and what dwells within it).

There was an in-universe report about a core that tried to disable its ship, spaced the crew and ultimately destroyed itself in an attempt to avoid entering phase space. And there's also that core that tries to destroy the Ziggurat.
>>
>In prv Starworks mod you get into a conversation with a scientist by bullying him into giving you a drink
Ok, that made me chuckle.
>>
>>1152858
The first AI war was Tritachyon & Persean League vs Hegemony & Luddic Church. Between them they razed everything outside of the core worlds.
>>
>>1152895
But that's a lot of planets that were just never resettled (??)
>>
>>1152898
Yes, and what has that got to do with anything?
>>
>That faction music in United Aurora Federation
By Ludd's beard, i am suddenly filled with righteous anger.
>>
>>1152460
>that isolated nammaraq mining station
prime invasion candidate, ideal for gaining foothold and building a future logistic center for reinforcements while you're away
>>
What mods add good broadside ships?
>>
File: mm_watatsumi.png (92 KB, 102x494)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>1152911
Musashi Manufactorum
>>
>>1152659
>5000 credits for a single shillpost
that's enough to buy a damn starship, what's wrong with you?
>>
>>1152911
Kingdom of Royal Azalea. But that mod doesn't work on latest Starsector version.
>>
>>1152898
there wasn't enough resources left to rebuild the outer worlds and maintain the supply lines between them
or something like that, probably, supposedly
>>
>>1152903
Habitable worlds with infradtructure just abandoned for 100 years?
>>
>>1152920
But i the player can do it? What's stopping independent or pirate or luddics from living there instead of making a station?
I get gameplay but still
>>
>>1152767
>>1152858
>AI attacked the outer worlds! The proof is that the outer worlds are all dead! Only an AI is capable of bombarding planets!
This is your brain on Ludd.

Come on, at least don't samefag so much. If you want to know what happened you can just ask instead of making up some random bullshit and getting incredibly asshurt while hoping you get corrected.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/2017/08/16/a-true-and-accurate-history-of-the-persean-sector/
>>
>>1152923
gameplay
i could probably spin some bullshit about resources and stretching too thin and straining tensions and whatever but it's really just "because gameplay lmao"
>>
>>1152921
Are you being retarded on purpose? There are even plenty of barren worlds within the core solar systems themselves. And what the fuck does this have to do with anything? Answer the question.
>>
>>1152923
>I get gameplay but still
Why ask a question then answer it?
>>
>>1152926
he is, stop feeding him.
>>
File: joshuacotton.png (468 KB, 475x850)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
>>1152666
>>
Is there any other faction mod that is allied with the Luddic Church? I know Celestial Mount Circle is one of them, but i find it to be a little underwhelming.
>>
>>1152926
Core world ruins are wastes, but these are habitables there for the taking.
I get it yeah it's all gameplay but it's dumb
>>
>>1152938
Legacy of Arkgneisis iirc
>>
>>1152666
Atheist spotted.
You never need a reason for religion, it just *is*
>>
>>1152722
I hate the new luddic lore cause devs yet again wasted the opportunity to be original for some generic bullshit
Luddics are my favourite and i'll be damned if some cunt is gonna turn them into fucking high elves
>>
>>1152945
Haven't played the new version, what's the new lore?
>>
>>1152748
Are they actually made those weapons?
Theres not much to speculate about but it seems Omega is just using some Domain-era bullshit tech
>>
>>1152954
Hasn't been implemented yet, it's on the blog.
It's really damn generic, like the devs want the game to be boring and generic
>>
>>1152943
Nope, they ain't.
>>
>>1152945
The dialogue screen is such a shitty interface for something as narrative-heavy as the luddic contemplation. Why can't they just do what Space Rangers 2 did and make a whole dedicated screen (pic related)?
>>
>>1152956
It's annoying too, because the idea of "make them actually akin to the historical Luddites with very direct and concrete reasons why they hate specific technologies instead of the typical hurr durr tech bad Madhut good that is often attributed to them" is absolutely something I could get behind. But heaven forbid we have an actual exploration of what life under the Domain was like and what technological excess would drive people to toaster-smashing.
Just a Deus Ex style 'AI administrator runs the planet with a digital panopticon and you are forever watched and judged by a false machine god' alone would do so much for showing why people would want to get rid of all the advanced tech.
>>
>>1153037
No you retard.
They should never have explained so mch, only show. The luddics are a mystery and organized religion just is nit like that, the scripture is it, it's all interpretation.
The new lore feels like it was written by someone who has never even been to church
>>
>>1153045
I hate phones
>>
>>1152884
Phase space is worse but hyperspace also have a tool on them, it would be why they don't travel in hyperspace outside of an events where the core were hibernating.

Though I can't find the wiki page I read that
>>
>>1152728
>before the AI wars
before the collapse. first AI war killed 1 planet.
>>
Thoughts on Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority? Ships look really pretty
>>
>>1153230
Screws up the game economy with the cloned organs. Ships are either Charybdis or so-so. Weapons are somewhat bloated and cyclers invalidate most of the other in the small and medium energy slots. Fighters are mostly above average with the exception of the super elite one which is garbage.
>>
Where can I find the omegas other than the hypershunts?
>>
>>1153247
Nexerelin adds a smaller "apparition" that spawns to defend the shunt after you defeat the doritos. Otherwise you can face them in high-level Remnant bounties from contacts.
>>
>>1153265
How much relations do I need to get them?
>>
>>1153268
Good relations, high importance. Just grind Arroyo until he gives you the bounty.
Just once per campaign, unforunately.

If you want to fight even more Omega, install Interstellar Federation and Locked and Loaded to fight "the Dragon"
>>
>>1153268
>>1153274
Correction, it's Star Federation not Interstellar.
>>
>>1152919
I know there's a mega link containing downloads for 0.91. mods that have been unofficially updated to 0.95
No idea where the link is though
>>
>>1153277
https://mega.nz/folder/zgIgHJbB#71j09kJBxRKSXfRZEy_IAg
>>
>>1152926
>bigwig faction moves in
>needs time, resources and manpower to develop/stabilize the planet
>even moreso for offcore worlds
>strains logistics, weak link in the chain
>other factions would make their move in this time
>this applies to all major factions, stalemate
>pirate/indy upstart has no protection and support from other colonies, doesnt get big enough to matter/recognized as a colony
>path gets dunked on by everyone else in the sector
>(you) are outside of the bigwig's stalemate, (hopefully) politically neutral so can deal with indies or has a faction backing you, are strong enough to resist pirates, pathers and AI without requiring outside assistances, are rich enough to develop the colony by your lonesome and are smart enough to pick an advantageous world to settle in, guaranteeing profits
>>
opinions on tahlan shipworks?
i fucking hate the faggot who made it, so i've never installed it or used it
>>
File: screenshot002.png (1.07 MB, 1920x1080)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
Are the pirate ships unironically the best ships in the game?

Colossus Mk.III
>8 deployment points
>civilian grade hull +2 burn speed
>ground support for marines
>2 fighter bays
>cargo capacity & crew

Falcon (P)
>20 deployment cost
>drive field 10 burnspeed
>4 medium missile slots
>2 small missile slots
>125 ordinance points, meaning you can equip Nav relay and ECM into the hull and anything else you would want for the ship

Atlas Mk.II
>24 deployment cost
>civilian grade hull +2 burn speed
>2 large front facing balistic slots with accelerated ammo feeder
>2 large missiles

Pic related is better than a conquest. You can field two of them for every 1 capital ship.
10 Colossus's for only 40 points. That's 20 fighters all at once. 40 Thunder Wings or 100 Talon wings/sparks
>>
>>1153429
You can just play the mod and just not care about the drama like a normal person
>>
>>1153449
if I was a normal person I wouldn't be here on /vst/ on a sunday night, now would I?
>>
>>1153449
the issue is the tranny that makes it has fucked with other mods with hidden balances in their mod.

>>1153429
I like the ships. Don't trust Nia to not be a faggot again though.
>>
Is there a way to just lift Prism Freeport from nexerelin? Honestly wish the whole thing was much more modal than it is, there are some really nice tweaks in there but it comes in such a bloated package overall.
>>
>>1153445
The opposite, save one or two ships pirate versions all have inferior specs and you only like them early game for being cheap with low DP, if they have hullmod catering to your needs and only scale up if you have a mod to avoid the fleet-limit soft-cap.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22191.0

>Pic related is better than a conquest
It's not especially hard to do

>You can field two of them for every 1 capital ship.
But you lose two of them for every enemy 1 capital ship

I don't know what fleet/planet you are raiding but they aren't "the best"
>>
>>1153553
>But you lose two of them for every enemy 1 capital ship
No way, they can go toe to toe easily, and when they're backed up by 10 Colossus's costing only 60 deployment point (6 each with the skill) they dominate.
>>
File: file.png (461 KB, 1035x752)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
>>1153429
I like it, a lot.
70% of the ships look very cool
50% are fun to play with
40% are kinda overpowered compared to vanilla
20% have ridiculous maintenance cost despite being rather weak glass canon
10% are cool looking but with system that simply don't fit vanilla

Still fuck Nia Tahl for the bullshit he did in his code.
If he feel justified for his choice then make it a public setting (inactive by default) just to make a point and let the user tell if they use it.
>>
>>1153557
Nias actions are a symptom of the entire community being toxic as fuck and the devs letting it fester more and more.
If nia went away, nothing would change, this community is just shit to eachother and counterproductive
>>
>Nia’s mods have Tesseracts receive double the damage because dorito bad
What the fuck? It’s not like I’m going to use Tesseracts or anything, but why?
>>
>>1153567
The dev is only one person who shouldn't have to deal with that shit, moderators are doing what they can.
The most toxic part seem to be a minority of retards who don't report abuse properly but push for public lynching everywhere they can do so anonymously and when they get banned they target dev & mod.

The only solution would be more moderators & a larger community to drown the few shithead in the noise. Not the thing you can get snapping fingers.

>>1153614
long story short, Nia hate "joke ship" (even if his mod is nowhere balanced)
>>
>>1153614
Are those mods meant to be a total conversion/rebalance or is that just extra code just out of spite?
>>
>>1153616
It's modding ofc it's gonna be toxic, it's the devs job to atleast have a firm stance one way or another
>>
>>1153618
>just extra code just out of spite?
The mod are just ships/faction mods
>>
>>1153616
>joke ship
>Tesseract
Excuse me? What does that suppose to imply?
>>
>>1153616
>The only solution would be more moderators & a larger community to drown the few shithead in the noise. Not the thing you can get snapping fingers.
Pretty much. You need people willing to smack down the retards acting up as well as people willing to fill in the gaps in case those people decide to spite everyone by leaving instead of manning up and not acting like complete spergs for once in their lives. Unfortunately, it's gotten to the point where nobody is willing to put the hurt on the "great" Nia Tahl or Harmful Mechanic or Varya or whoever else when they act deliberately malicious to other mod makers because there are too many people in the moderation/administration willing to side with them no matter what, because they think turning these people away would deal a deathblow to the modding community in its entirety. Whether or not this is what actually would happen, we'll never know.
>>
>>1153618
Spite, the code targeted Mayasura and Extra Systems too. But the reason is more like see below.

>>1153614
You see, the thought that Nia's snowflake factions might ever get beaten is complete anathema, also why there's a ninja fleet of capitals that appears if you dare to capture its nanoforge.
>>
>Iron Shell superfleet on Chico for stealing the nanoforge
Not so fast Nia
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dk_tROa0htM
>>
>>1153638
ILLEGAL MOD
L
L
E
G
A
L
>>
>>1153627
Only him know, I put in the quotes. It's petty fight between modders.
They are entitled to spawn superfleet to defend whatever they added, it's their "creative license" but it does annoy everyone when 2 modder actively fight each others so we do call them out on that.

>>1153629
Both the dev/moderator and community did react within proportion. No need to stir more shit than necessary because THAT is the definition of TOXIC.

Nia got the lynching in public, likely got a warning because that's cheap, he was forced to say sorry and everyone will remember his shit the next time, HM is only being overprotective over petty pixel so nobody care, Varya I don't remember what was the problem.

But the minority of shithead won't be satisfied until dev/mod ban every modder they targeted (then themselves) and all the "tranny" talk suggest it's autistic poltard or trolls who will never take responsibility for he/they say with their legit forum account (if they have one).
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a banned poster trying to get revenge over everyone dev included because he did ban this mod/modder from his forum.
>>
>>1153445
Hell no. Civilian Grade Hull alone is a big liability for both black market trading (increased sensor range makes your fleet more obvious) and less speed that has to be compensated for with Militarized Subsystems, which is just a waste of OP. Pirate ships also tend to be weak as hell, the Atlas MK2 is just a discount version of a capital; poor protection, poor shields, poor everything. It's only good if you can't afford any other capital, the only real advantage it has is that it has several large slots, but that's as far as it goes. The Atlas MK1 is significantly better just because of its huge capacity making it good for trading.
>>
>>1153658
It has more speed than Militarized systems from the skill that gives civilian grade hulls +2 burn speed, bringing it up to 9 burn speed (20). With militarized systems it would be 8 (18)
>the Atlas MK2 is just a discount version of a capital; poor protection, poor shields, poor everything
You can field 2 of them for 1 capital and put on a steady officer, Squall missile launcher and integrated targeting unit and they are safe enough while constantly dishing out damage.
You can go without an officer and it will be 19 deployment points. That's incredible.
>>
>>1153649
>it was just a little bit of crashcode don't worry they won't do it again
>it was just a little bit of copyright trolling don't worry they won't do it again
>it was just a little bit of harassment over portrait modifications don't worry they won't do it again
I'm not saying they need to be retroactively punished for something that happened in the past, but these people are extremely neurotic and will land themselves in hot water again some time soon. The problem then will be that they'll get a slap on the wrist from the administrator that's firmly in their fucking pocket and another prospective modder will either have to bend the knee to the cabal or leave for good, like we've seen multiple times before.
It's a systemic issue that very obviously hasn't stopped as we've seen with the Superweapons Arsenal fiasco just in the last few weeks. These people are entrenched and their behavior is allowed to the extent that they get nothing but a stern warning for driving people away time and time again.
>everyone that doesn't like the modder cabal is one person and also /pol/ and they won't even namefag on the forums that is almost completely controlled by the cabal
Dude, come on.
>>
>>1153662
Don't bother writing a proper reply, it's the discordfag trying his best to protect his precious modders
>>
>>1153649
"Within proportion" would be writing some actual rules that say "If you fuck with someone else's mod, you will be suspended". Alex pussyfooting on the topic does nothing but kick the can down the road.
>>
>>1153649
>They are entitled to spawn superfleet to defend whatever they added, it's their "creative license" but it does annoy everyone when 2 modder actively fight each others so we do call them out on that.
A modding arms race that even involves the ones who just wants to play mods is not nice at all. They can fight for all I care but the fact that they go as far as reducing the quality of people’s experience reeks of bad intentions.
>>
>>1153429
Objectively it's probably the best "ship pack" mod imo with an added boss faction that can actually challenge the player. Sprites look great and ships are unique but very strong.
The Legio are very tough, and with Daemon ships are probably the only fleets that can go toe to toe with my overpowered modded endgame fleets.
There's a smidget of exploration content but it pales in comparison to something like HMI.
It's a good mod if you want some added difficulty or unique ships that play differently from Vanilla that aren't just another kit bash.
Otherwise there's no real point in running it.
>>
>>1153687
>The Legio are very tough, and with Daemon ships are probably the only fleets that can go toe to toe with my overpowered modded endgame fleets.
But apparently, not if you use Omega, Extra Ship Systems or Mayasuran ships, lmao.
>>
you won't bully the tahlan modder if Nia is an actual girl (female)
>>
>>1153649
>They are entitled to spawn superfleet to defend whatever they added
No they don't
>>
>>1153662
>it was just a little bit of crashcode but I will continue to pretend it's a perpetual offense long after it was removed
>it was just a little bit of overprotective autism but I will pretend it will be followed by threat of copyright lawsuit
>it was just a little bit of toxic talk over portrait modifications but I will harass them forever until someone actually kill himself
I too can fix your post.
And again, it's not something dev/mod can actually fix. You'd just move the problem outside the forum and I'm sure someone would love that if it make the problem even less likely to be solved.
Take >>1153673
>"If you fuck with someone else's mod, you will be suspended"
Will be vague no matter how you reword it and trolls would just shift to saying any bits of code used for balance is indirectly targeting someone else mod.
The actual offenders? they would simply hide their codes, stop putting //comments revealing they knew it was a dick move.

>everyone that doesn't think like me is part of a cabal, trust me!
Still nothing the dev can do about since very little is actually enforceable. You either provide flawless proof of dickery or you make a show of good faith before accusing someone of being a dick.
The actual poltard who was spamming "tranny cabal" not a week ago can go fuck himself, we are not lynching his target list.

>>1153683
>A modding arms race that even involves the ones who just wants to play mods is not nice at all. They can fight for all I care but the fact that they go as far as reducing the quality of people’s experience reeks of bad intentions.
"Artistic license", it's not illegal to make game/mod that have ridiculous unbalanced mechanic.
It's between the modder & players and the only thing you can do is tell the modder you do not like this specific feature and hope he remove it.
The developer have no reason to step in and say "Forbidden to discourage player from stealing a nanoforge from your specific faction planet even if that's your mod".
>>
>>1153723
You've just argued for a lack of any policing at all, but Alex does actually bother enforcing random shit like stealing pixels and portraits.
>>
File: 1643947049426.jpg (84 KB, 500x481)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>1153445
For a ship named colossus, it dies awfully fast when an actual combat ship farts in its general direction. I'm not even sure it can shield tank a single reaper without instantly overloading. Ground support is really good and it's really cheap sure, but don't forget you have 0 (zero) wings if the carrier dies. In big battles a Mora is easily worth 3 colossuses for being a flying brick that she is. But hey it's a single player game you do you my man.
>>
>>1153746
There's enough rules, proper rules not "ban whoever I yell at!" and Alex and modders only did what's expected from them.
>>
>>1153760
I edited the files to make it a carrier not a combat carrier, so it's very safe and doesn't engage with it's ballistics. It's great.
>>
>>1153776
I'll rather have the Condor, for 25% extra OP you can field two ungimped bombers that don't cost double the OP.

>>1153770
lmao, good job trying to change goalposts and not addressing the point.
>>
>>1153776
Cool. Still I wish it has like 10 more OP or something.
>>
>>1153687
Ship packs without retarded core worlds dunotsteal sub factions attached are the best. I personally very fond of Seeker and Missing Ships.
>>
>>1153445
Only the Falcon is legit good, and thats if its in the player's hands
>>
>>1153817
I'm finding it pretty 'meh' now that the Harpoon missiles are flagged as finishers. They only fire a salvo when the shields are down. It's not as strong as it used to be
>>
>>1153819
Medium and small missiles are generally lackluster even outside of ai hands, while large are way too good and ai proof to boot.
>>
>>1153825
Yep. The Atlas Mk.II is great with it's large missiles.
Pirates ships are the best
>>
>>1153819
I wish I had a large Harpoons mount. Vanilla.
But I suspect it would just be broken once you start firing dozen of them, doubling the number of missiles, then using missiles skill.
>>
>>1153557
In case anyone's wondering, that ship's from SEEKER.
>>
File: file.png (900 KB, 1920x1080)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
>>1153429
>>1153950
Good catch, pic are from Tahlan, each is a special variant, grey is the standard, the blue is quite OP by default with built-in turret, the red one is kinda stronger, and the white one do critical hit all the time

Tahlan ship
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14935.0
Seeker
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19414.0
>>
So, DIY Planets and Terraforming and Station Construction. Worthwhile or shit?
>>
>>1153989
Boggled's mod is better
>>
>>1153989
Sorry, can't tell for the one you are talking about.

I tested this other one,
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17094.0

>TLDR:
>turn shitty planet into habitable planets if you have ruins
>can't create new stable point, but can create gate
>can't create planet
>very configurable settings

Setting let you chose what is possible or not (like changing gravity, removing irradiated).
You also chose if you use Domain-Tech as resources.

Ruin with the right facility produce a steady output of the Domain-tech consumed by terraforming structures.
Once you have the facility, you can start changing the planet-type, once done you can remove the structure, but some suppressed market-condition will come back.
Meaning a system with 4 horrible planet can become perfect as long as they don't have condition that need permanent support
Even on a non-shit planet the terraforming equipment give bonus

It was kinda easy to turn a Desert world into a Water planet but I started from this pic so I might as well be playing baby-mode.
>>
>>1154041
Forgot another feature:
You can permanently increase resources like Food, Organic & Volatile with the right planet-type and terraforming structure, this part is rather cheated.
Normally the balance is done by ruins being rare.
>>
>>1153616
>The most toxic part seem to be a minority of retards who don't report abuse properly but push for public lynching everywhere they can do so anonymously and when they get banned they target dev & mod.
That minority of retards is literally the modders themselves.
>>
People who exclusively play with combat & combat fleet skills should not be allowed have balance opinions
>>
>>1154041
>https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17094.0
can this be added safely to an exsisting game?
>>
>>1153445
The Atlas MK2 makes a passable sniping/heavy weapon platform, but its made of paper. If you support it with oodles of meatshields and fighter support it can do alot of damage for the DP but will be shit on by anything bigger than a destroyer that can punch back. Basically good in pirate style fleets with overwhelming numbers, when used very cautiously.

The colossus is extremely meh. For ground support its nice but all its fighters take a hit to durability and have that increased OP cost that kinda forces you into fielding low cost ones like Talons or Wasps if you try to fit out its point defense to make up for shit flux and shit shields.

The pirate falcon is dam good for what it does, nuff said.

Your forgetting maybe the best though: The Bison MK2. Want to fill out all your fighter slots and load up on LRM spam? For 3 DP per you get a wing of wasps, sparks or the like and a pilum. They are fragile as fuck, but group 5 or 6 into a ball and they cover eachother, for less than the price of a cruiser.
>>
How do you play templar ships and get their BPs?
>>
>>1154097
I don't remember, you'll have to just make an extra save and try.
But hey what could go wrong?
>>
>>1154120
it seems to be working
>>
>>1154122
Check on the market "Domain-Tech" resource appear, if you activated it
>>
>>1154113
>Bison MK2
>Bison
>>
>>1154126
yup
>>
>>1154133
>yup
Oh no!
>>
How do you enable combat stims on the Valkhazard S-II?
>>
>>1154224
Ya need drugs in inventory
>>
>>1153989
DIY is better and more balanced, I'm only running TASC because some mods I'm running are dependent on it.
>>
>>1154232
i have them already, 47 in total
>>
>>1154224
The combat stims are used for the "grazing" system that massively slows down time for a few seconds when you narrowly dodge a projectile, it'll automatically refill itself after any battle if you have drugs in your inventory
>>
>>1154130
Yea im retarded but you know what I was talking about
>>
>>1154250
took a few tries but it's working now, thanks
>>
Jesus Christ, Harmful Mechanic is sperging out on the Terraforming and Station Construction modder now.
>>
>>1154283
lol, I guess the retard who sperged out in the forum and the anon who did a recolored kitbash pushed his fragile ego over the edge. No one asked, Harmful Mechanic.
>>
>>1154293
Nah, now it's about taking private information/spyware
>>
>>1154283
ffs... what did he do so the other sperg on him
>>
Jesus why do you retards have this absolute need to be vicious and toxic then claim it's the other guy who is vicious and toxic?
Shut the fuck up already
>>
>>1154297
While the Terraforming and Station Construction modder is a piece of shit for putting analytics into his mod, Harmful Mechanic randomly attacked him (although by our standards it's barely noticeable) and then when cautioned randomly schizo-posted about crash code accusations and people using his assets. The non-Discord guys on the forum will have no idea what the fuck he's going on about, and it's not even relevant. He's having a metldown.
>>
>>1154305
Put spyware in his mod that logged people's geolocation and IP on some hidden webserver for 'reasons'. So Episode like #3 of 'Starsector modders are cunts and can't be trusted' within the last month and a half.

>>1154309
>Yeah I know they constantly put malware in their mods and drive out anyone new who doesn't suck their dick but... fuck you!
How many more times is this shit going to happen before you idiots stop defending these assholes?
>>
>>1154311
Cool now will the starsector community learn *anything* from this and do better next time?
>>
>>1154316
Not while the community continues to worship at a throne occupied by some of its' shittiest members. This will just get swept under the rug like nothing happened again. Like the last time. Or the time before that. Or the time before that. Or the inevitable time after this, and the one after that.

This is only going to end when Alex stops being a fucking coward and starts actually doing something about this shit instead of hiding in his corner and pretending nothing is happening.
>>
>>1154316
Too early to tell, but i'm betting on no.
>>
>>1154316
The only thing to learn from this is that Alex will continue doing add-hoc moderation on a single person instead of putting any set of policies in place. There's nothing stopping another modder from doing any of exactly the same unethical stuff, except for Alex yet again personally telling the person that this is bad and not to do it, if he gets discovered. A normal person would be creating a list of rules and adding to it with every loophole or malpractice discovered, but not Alex.
>>
>>1154311
Watcha gonna do once some retarded sperg doxxes someone from forum/discord?
>>
File: 7235848.png (40 KB, 1709x254)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>1154311
it's honestly the least of my concerns if my personal information gets leaked; i'd gladly welcome some faggot to walk on my doorstep before getting their brains blown out with a 12 gauge

also, this is getting embarrassing... i'm getting second hand embarrassment watching this idiot backpedal after making a statement like this
>>
>>1154360
i'd also like to add on that this nigger (and noah for whatever intents and purposes) act like they're the fucking messiah for making mods for an indie game that has a player base the size of a african town out in the sticks
>>
File: 6124743584698.png (60 KB, 1710x530)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
Last post about HM i'll make, but this is almost comedy gold. How ignorant do you have to be to post something like this?
>>
>>1154372
Man I hope he fucking makes good on that and actually fucking packs his bags.
"Even the shitheads causing problems get disgusted with Alex's constant refusal to man the fuck up and actually do something" isn't the way I'd like to see the problem resolved, but at the end of the day if he and his ilk fuck off, the amount of shitheads in the community will plummet massively without them.
>>
>>1154384
welp, either we make mods of our own or wait till SS inevitably goes on Steam
>>
>>1154372
So did the crash-code and cross-mod nerfing doesn't count in his mind or something? He's talking like as if this is the first time something like this has happened.
>>
>>1154403
There's still plenty of people who make mods for this game and aren't egotistical fuckwits or malware-implanting scumbags though. That's part of why the tolerance these jackasses are given is so absurd.
There's a ton of mods that don't do shit like that that are just made by guys who made a cool mod for fun, the barrier of entry is so low with how this game is set up that you can make basic mods using MS Paint, notepad and excel.
No modding is better than malicious modding, but in a worst case scenario where they all storm off in tears because they aren't allowed to crash people's games and log their IPs anymore, actually punishing the people who keep pulling shit would maybe result in... what, like four or five mods going away? Out of the more than a hundred on the public forum index alone?

Even with the unreasonable amount of power the asshole cabal have been given, they're still not representative of the wider community, and the wider community would frankly be better off without them.
>>
I'm considering making mods. It'd be a hilarious waste of my time, considering what I do for work, but it'd also be nice to create some mods that don't (necessarily) add invasive systems or mechanics (i.e VIC, Tahlan, etc) and rather add ships that flesh out the varieties. I like mods like Armaa because it added the cataphracts, which shake up the meta a little bit if you decided to play with them, and the mechanics it add provide more depth on what's already there, not creating someone entirely new. Plus, they're very cool visually. I love mechs.

Not sure about learning an entirely new language again though. Just got the hang of Julia after my colleagues decided to switch for no apparent reason.
>>
>>1154441
(I personally don't think WINGCOM is that invasive and in fact should be added to vanilla)
>>
>>1154441
If you think it'll be fun, go ahead. If you don't intend to add wacky new custom weapons and ship systems, you honestly don't even need to actually know Java. Java only really comes into play once you start doing stuff like trying to add custom star systems, and even then you can mostly just copy shit from the vanilla functions after a bit of study. I don't know shit about coding and I was still able to work it out.
>>
>>1154444
Checked
>>
>>1153723
>I too can fix your post.
Nice bad faith arguments as well as ignoring the substance of my post, nigger.
>You'd just move the problem outside the forum and I'm sure someone would love that if it make the problem even less likely to be solved.
If the problem children were banned from the forum that would be the solution to the problem, retard. They can cock around in their discord circlejerk all they want, it creates a divide between them and the forum, as well as a notice from the upper echelons that their behavior is not acceptable.
>The actual offenders? they would simply hide their codes, stop putting //comments revealing they knew it was a dick move.
>you shouldn't do anything because the people causing the problems will continue to try and cause problems.
Christ you're fucking stupid. Shame on me for giving you the benefit of the doubt, I guess. Don't bother replying, it's obvious you only care about maintaining the status quo and that nobody ever gets punished for acting like retards.
>>
>>1154360
>harmful mechanic doomposting
it would be funny if it weren't so ironic
>>
>>1153723
>modders can do whatever they want on the mod
The fact that you even try to justify bad practices on mods is baffling. I don’t know what are you exactly trying to prove but you just stated it’s okay to be an absolute dick towards your competing modders, going as far as involving those who just wants to play the game modded.
>It's between the modder & players and the only thing you can do is tell the modder you do not like this specific feature and hope he remove it.
You should know by now that’s not how they operate right?
>>
Is ECM completely useless in this patch? It can only go to 10% for a -/+ 10% range modifier. It used to be 20% in the previous patch
>>
>>1154597
they had to gut it because certain fleets would have give you a permanent -20% range bonus during combat
>>
>>1154613
What, Remnants? I don't think any other normal human/pirate fleet could match me if I put ECM on all my backline carriers.
>>
File: Untitled.png (60 KB, 1786x1200)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>1154618
yeah, ordos with full alpha core complements all have the blue gunnery skill that gives ecm rating, and high level bounties with lots of officers would occasionally have similar results, on top of forcing you into a disadvantageous deployment because of the officer count
>>
>>1154637
That's lame. A simple counter measure would be to outfit your ships with ECM yourself, as is the intended gameplay mechanic
>>
>>1154643
the issue was that it bugged out the ai and caused them to behave erratically because they were literally always outranged, and trying to shit out 40% worth of ecm rating just to get it back to neutral with only 8 or so officers with a lowered DP cap (unless you captured points, good luck) proved to be too punishing for something that wasn't really an active gameplay choice
>>
File: 16214423401843.jpg (434 KB, 757x910)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>1154653
I see your perspective but I still want the old ECM percentage cap
>>
>>1153445
They simply are. Also a perfect testimony on how robust the weapon/skill/hullmod systems are for the salvation of these ships that truly make me feel great and made each version stands out.
>>1154597
+20% and - 20% means a difference of 40%. Extra range (one sided flux exchange) with no movement penalty(one sided chase by 0-flux speed boost to hardflux-can't-vent) on top of AI's behavior are decided by weapon range locking them to eternal cowards is just auto-win.
Compound that with officer skills decides deployment point ratios, and remnant have more ai cores, each have far more skills and auto elites them, and field more frigates with gunner impant with 6% ecm means players are screwed.
ECM package is quite a popular permanent mod now that the shield mod is made cheaper and lesser.
>>
>>1154656
>ECM package is quite a popular permanent mod now that the shield mod is made cheaper and lesser.
But still, it's only capped 10% ECM. It's nigh insignificant weather you have +10% range or -10% range. It seems like a waste of ordnance points/storypoints
>>
>>1153817
I enjoy Pafflictors since as far as I'm cocerned, an Afflictor is just a reckon/harassment laser pointer with a portable damage buff. I much prefer having it cost me nearly half the DP to field than having some flimsy missiles on it.
I believe people use the same reasoning for PShade.
I love Palcon, I just shove a fighter bay into mine and give them a Xyphos wing each to trick the enemy AI into overloading.
>>
>>1154663
if there are number advantage or speed advantage with high tech, SO ship and smaller ships, the extra 144 meter from a capital is barely adds a second or two to the chase. In this case it is better to give up on ECM.
But between slower cruiser and capitals with long range weapon, this is 288 meter differences on 900*1.6 weapon is a long while for these reefs to go through between cleanly engage and disengage.
In this region where the firing is one sided, and flux advantage builds on the longer range side as they can lower shield, no more hard flux building, and eventually 0flux speed boost and AI understand this well. While the losing side have to keep shield up or lose armor, and building more hard flux, wasted flux dissipation. In this disadvantage, AI tries to getaway but couldn't while occasional counter-attacks would be cut short due to how fast flux builds up and traded armor being wasted when AI either tries to run instead of following through, or engages but weapon and engine going offline.
>>
>>1154691
I didn't even noticed alex dropped DP on them.
Losing weapon mounts, OP, and generally comes phase coil instability really make them terrible to do the typical phase thing. I guess the shit coil do help with staying under for longer so would you suggest an all flux build with hardened system for both of them?
>>
>>1154691
How do you make afflictors to use their skill on cooldown? I generally assign it to escort things but it just hangs out in phase and do fuck all and if left on its own it will just suicide somewhere on the other side of battle.
>>
>>1154267
Yeah, I can't wait for your Bison Mk2 mod ship to be integrated in vanilla. It's such a roundabout way to tell it.
>>
>>1154311
>While the Terraforming and Station Construction modder is a piece of shit for putting analytics into his mod
Now that's interesting.
I'm in a EU country covered by GDPR so I would have a legal reason to complain about default opt-out.
>>
>>1154337
But why is he such a pussy? I have been a part of smaller indie communities where the dev took a firm stance and it never had shit like this, like ever.
>>
>>1154772
Because he doesn't want to deal with retardation? I mean it is really easy to understand. Faggotry of modding community doesn't affect vanilla in any way shape or form, so he let it sort itself out and concentrate on doing vanilla, instead of getting into the whole drama. Updates take long enough as is for alex to meddle with cesspit and try to split shit from diarrhea.
>>
>>1154496
>nigger
Yeah right, of the two of us I wonder who is of bad faith.

>If the problem children were banned from the forum
I guess they banned you first then, they are not banning your target list just because you throw a fit.
You need proof and not everything is ban-worthy just because you say so.
Even Boggle's recent analytics only recently became illegal in some countries. You likely give more rights to your data to 4chan or other sites/games.
If you spent as much energy defending digital privacy rights as you do shitposting on modders the GAFAM would pay us to be graciously allowed to know our position.

>>1154506
>bad practices
>spawning fleet to defend your hard-mod faction nanoforge
At least chose a better hill to die on.
Like the modder taking upon himself to address "balance" between his mod and another mod without telling what this significant feature do, now that's bad practice, worth a warning, then more if he do it again.

You are welcome.
>>
>>1154722
I took a several months long break from the game, wish I remembered how I built mine. I believe I had 2 needlers and a tac laser for weapons, almost certainly had hardened subs, may have put speed and range bonuses on them, but don't quite remember for sure. Capacitors, I believe, were maxed, don't remember what vents looked like. Save's gone and my laptop appears to have given up the ghost, so I can't look it up anymore.
Wish there was like a browser buildmaker for this game so I could dig around and perhaps remember more info to give you, but alas.
>>1154739
I was told the afflictors use their system on enemies within the range of their weapons (may be max range, may be the shortest non-PD range, forgot already), so giving them some sniper laser pointers seems like the way to go. I too assign my Pafflictors to escort one of my bigger ships, sometimes I send them to cap points at the start of the fight, and extremely rarely have them harass something.
My first dorito fight was successful for the sole reason of my 2 Pafflictors being able to endlessly harass one of them until my whole fleet finished ganging up on the other.
There was also a multiradiant ordo fight that I was struggling my ass off to beat normally, so what I did was pilot one of my Pafflictors while ordering my whole fleet to defend one of the points. I would manually go behind enemy lines and either cap points or harass their Radiants/Brilliants while the stupid AI kept splintering it's deathball to try and chase my lone little mosquito down while sending small handfuls of cruisers a d destroyers to be slaughtered by my guys. I kept abusing the AI's shitty prioritization skills until it was just the Radiants and some Fulgents left for me to overwhelm. Was pretty hillarious.
>>
>>1154845
If I ever made a videogame dev, I would either never have a forum, or have a barebones one where nothing is allowed but feedback and suggestions, with MAYBE a place to share builds and strategies. No general discussion subforum, no non-game-related shit, and no modding. Everyone who dares stray from the topic of pragmatically influencing the videogame for the better gets send into the shitpit.
I can't imagine burdening myself with trying to establish some kind of hangout spot and having to either wrangle a bunch of insufferable spergs, or having to employ malicious jannies to do it for me.
>>
>>1154853
Are you perchance the same stupid faggot from the last thread that talked about transverse jumping at the end of the Galatia questline being a plot hole or some shit like that? You reek of the exact same kind of arrogant yet spineless bitchniggery.
>>
>>1154853
Dude, spawning a superfleet on top of you is just not fun. Everyone, including the ones from Pisscord knows that. But alas, modder refuses to remove that because he doesn’t like seeing his OC faction be harmed in any way. Before you ask, yes we already had a case of that example you’ve described, it was just thrown away because ego issues.
Even if you call them out for it, they will not listen unless it’s a majority opinion that coding or condition is really a bad game design, which it is really.
>>
Why not just spawn this superfleet near jump point or in hyperspace to hunt you down?
>>
>>1154899
That would’ve actually been a better but more fair and entertaining way to try and catch you, considering the character in question who would intercept you is from Naraka and would cruise for a moment to reach Chico and chase you down
>>
>>1153642
DO NOT OPEN SIRS
>>
>>1154853
>whahh you called me a no-no word that means i get to ignore everything you said
Yeah, that's called being bad faith, nigger.
>You need proof and not everything is ban-worthy just because you say so.
Obviously nothing is ban-worthy because nobody has ever been banned for being a malicious piece of shit, minus the NGO guy.
>Even Boggle's recent analytics only recently became illegal in some countries.
First of all, that's not a fucking defense, and even then, GDPR has been around for at least a year or two at this point. Second of all, legality is not the matter at hand here. Harvesting user data without consent is not something that random people should be doing with their modifications for a java-based video game.
When I visit a website, I can block as many or as few tracking scripts and advertisements as I want, because I have pretty good control over what gets loaded and what doesn't. When I play some AAA garbage, I have to press that shiny "Accept" button at the bottom of their EULA or Privacy Policy that outlines every piece of data they collect and who they send it to. I sure as shit don't remember him prompting me with anything to agree to data collection, and I can't exactly stop it from running without disabling the mod altogether, which I wouldn't know to do unless I was told he was harvesting data.
You deflect, you backpedal, you misrepresent, you strawman, you move goalposts, you whine, you bitch, and you moan about how the evil 4channel man is shitting on someone for doing something objectively bad and how he is not going to be punished for it and how nothing will change as a result of it.
You, for whatever reason, are unable to find wrongdoing in these people's actions. You do not want to see a solution. You do not want people discussing a solution. You perform mental gymnastics to continue these arguments that do not hold water and that you are unable to reasonably argue.
You are bad faith. End of story.
>>
>>1154853
>complaining about the word nigger
>in a vietnamese rice community parlor
Nigger
>>
>>1154907
>Obviously nothing is ban-worthy because nobody has ever been banned for being a malicious piece of shit, minus the NGO guy.
Was the NGO guy malicious?
>>
>>1154913
I don't know the forum rules off the top of my head but I assume "no hate speech" or something to that effect is in there, and most people would consider denying the holocaust or whatever the fuck it was he did to be both hate speech and malicious, even if it is just words.
Point is, there was a rule, it was broken, and a punishment was handed out. The system should work, it's just for whatever reason there hasn't been rules set for making and distributing mods, outside of "follow other people's licenses" which is hardly a rule and has made itself ripe for abuse anyway, and nothing ever happens to people that clearly do things that shouldn't be okay besides a slap on the wrist, so they will continue to do so, and others will pop up and start doing it themselves, ensuring the cycle continues.
>>
I know how to smuggle to make profit, but how can I combined that with raiding to make even more profit by manufacturing shortages?
I raided a few spacestations/megaports and then when I went back to sell them supplies/heavy armaments there's was a 3 month cooldown even with the transponder off
>>
>>1154921
Destroy trade/smuggling convoys. Transponder off will only be a small rep hit, doing it in hyperspace ensures you'll get them alone (more or less), and you'll know what's being shorted and where. Immediately selling your ill-gotten goods to the place you just raided was taken out at some point, so that's all you can really do outside of just waiting for a shortage to happen naturally or selling wherever the price is highest anyway. Raiding in general is just kind of shit and only useful for completing contact missions or stealing colony items/weapons/blueprints.
>>
>>1154922
>Immediately selling your ill-gotten goods to the place you just raided was taken out at some point, so that's all you can really do outside of just waiting for a shortage to happen naturally or selling wherever the price is highest anyway.
Surely there's a way to make it manageable and avoid the lengthy cooldown?
>>
>>1154924
As far as I'm aware, nope. Same as destroying nearby allied fleets or tactical bombardments, raiding will get put you on the no-dock list regardless of your transponder. I'm not sure if using a story point on the raid will put you in the clear either, although I've literally never used that option before.
>>
>>1154925
Prehaps the idea is to raid a few planets stations then in the week/months cooldown you go and explore and come back to sell once you're allowed to and the space port is still disrupted.
>>
>>1154921
>but how can I combined that with raiding to make even more profit by manufacturing shortages?
Yes, I always do this with one of the Luddic Path planets, preferably the single one since there's no other colony nearby that will get mad if you run around with your transponder off.
You hire several hundred marines then you raid the planet's spaceport (after hopefully weakening it) and then wait a few months.
The spaceport being disabled means that it cannot import anything from the wider sector to its planet, giving it a lot of shortages. Then after the wait time is over you buy whatever you want from any other planet in the sector and then you sell them all on the Luddic Path planet, preferably things that have a ton of mark-up like supplies. It's free easy money, but if you do it too often (I'm not sure of the exact conditions) the planet decivilizes outright which makes it impossible to trade, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>1154944
Excellent. How can I do this on other planets too? There's a Persean League system north West that has 3 planets with 2 of them having no orbital station. Would this work the same way on them as it would Chaledon?
>>
>>1154946
You're gonna seriously piss off the larger faction if you do this, I only do this with the luddic path because literally everyone but the church hates them and they only have 2 planets under their control, which means tiny fleets.
I'm not even sure why the luddic path even has planets anymore, the planets are mostly for fluff because all their danger comes from the "luddic cells" on planets that appear out of nowhere to cause chaos
>>
>>1154942
It's by design that by the time the cooldown is lifted, the shortage is also gone. Unless you pour a boatload of marines into shutting the spaceport down for longer than three months, which comes with its own overhead that may or may not be worth it (if it's even possible, I've never tried to go for longer much longer than the mission-mandated 60 days), then you might as well just target smuggling convoys then sell the drugs you get from the convoys + tri-tachi colonies.
>>
>>1154921
Raiding planets? You raid the supplier, not the consumer. So when your victim can't export - you sweep in and sell off your shit to it's desperate business partners.
Raiding fleet? Just pay attention to trade convoys, see who is going where carrying what, analyze your options, and if the profit is worth it - destroy the trade convoy, disrupting the trade route and causing surplus/deficits in the planets that used the convoy to deliver/accept their goods, then sweep in with your own goods and services to substitute.
>>
File: ECLOeJvXsAARO1g.jpg (254 KB, 720x1024)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
Can I "beat" the game with just low techs and ballistics?
>>
>>1154890
And so what?
Gonna ask the dev to force him to mod the game in a different way? To write a rule to forbid spawning fleet after a player stole a nanoforge?
Some people actually like the OP faction.
I would love to see the post where you asked him to change with your reason that and if he answered.

>>1154907
You are the one losing it and accusing me of everything hoping something stick.
I told you several how to proceed ethically to solve the problem, not my fault if you sound like a retard with a vendetta who want someone banned and are part of the problem.

>that's not a fucking defense
From what you are saying you just "accept" things you can't control, so you should be thanking the dev for telling the modder to ask for consent for that data.
I'm the kind of guy who support making rules like GDPR worldwide, you sound like the kind of guy who would burn things in the street until someone cave to your unreasonable demand.
>>
>>1155009
>I told you several how to proceed ethically to solve the problem
No you didn't you fucking liar, don't even try to pull that shit on me. All your whiny, useless posts are still in this thread where you beg everyone to just live and let live for whatever reason when that clearly isn't working.
>From what you are saying you just "accept" things you can't control, so you should be thanking the dev for telling the modder to ask for consent for that data.
Don't know what crack you had to smoke to get to this conclusion, but I think Hunter Biden is calling.

>not my fault if you sound like a retard with a vendetta who want someone banned and are part of the problem.
>uhhh you bad me good
>I'm the kind of guy who support making rules like GDPR worldwide, you sound like the kind of guy who would burn things in the street until someone cave to your unreasonable demand.
>uhhh you bad me good
Just stop participating in these conversations. It's obvious what you want and what your motivations are, you just aren't able to actually get through to anyone with half a brain because what you say is completely retarded. You don't say anything of substance or interest and just complain about the people complaining because you're beholden to the people we're complaining about for some ungodly reason. I hope you find a more dignified way to repay your debts soon.
>>
>>1155013
Ah of course it's always "another anon", anyway see >>1153723
>>You either provide flawless proof of dickery or you make a show of good faith before accusing someone of being a dick.
And it came up last thread as well. It's simple really, write PM to the moderator with the proof, make thread to suggest adding a carefully worded rules against that sort of dickery and discuss with other how soon warning/suspension/ban should come.
Oh and if you want the rules to mean something, respect them yourself and drop the insult and baseless accusation.
>>
>>1154983
does an onslaughts TPCs count?
>>
>>1155037
>SIMPLY go to the openly hostile forum and make a polite request for change! Sure, your random 0 post account will get zero attention and nobody will ever take you seriously no matter how well you put together your request is, if it's even seen by the recipient in the first place, but that's okay!
Real good solution there pal, can't wait for joe schmoe from the evil 4channel to finally get through to alex and have him fix the fuckup he's been fermenting for years in one level-headed post. Why didn't i think of that? I mean, surely there's no reason alex hasn't implemented a set of guidelines already, right? It's not like that's something reasonable people do in these kinds of situations. In fact, I can't imagine why anyone would do that at all without being explicitly requested to by a random user. Obviously, nothing bad is happening within the modding community, so there's no need for rules anyway.

>Oh and if you want the rules to mean something, respect them yourself and drop the insult and baseless accusation.
Sorry, the rules here say i can call you a retarded shit-for-brains nigger as much as i want, you retarded shit-for-brains nigger.
>>
>>1155065
And you whining about that shit here doesn't change anything either. Game is perfectly playable and enjoyable vanilla, you have zero reasons to interact with faggot modding divas from discord unless you actively choose to.
>>
>>1155065
>Why didn't i think of that?
Because you are too busy trying to pretend everyone is in a cabal while everyone else are actually satisfied with all the ad hoc solution?
Because you don't actually care for a solution but just want them to ban modder you dislike?
>>
>>1154983
Doesn't sound like much of a challenge. Sure, you mught have to demount some neat missiles, but otherwise it would be pretty run of the mill.
>>
>>1154655
Sorry alex can't ass himself to balance officer caps properly, you get a downgrage
>>