[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 1632083311956.jpg (209 KB, 1500x929)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
New anime
>>
I only play campaigns. Those are all that I like.
>>
>>1146260
I don't care about AOE but more anime please :)
>>
>>1146260
Champs deserve more HP.
>>
>>1146260
me on the left
>>
>mind control, mindbreak, bdsm, feminization
>>
>>1146260
I want this artist to do more
>>
File: Attention.jpg (239 KB, 800x800)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
What are good custom scenarios to do with 3 friends together, or maybe a few randoms added in too?
Pls assist, I need something to tempt them away from ranked if only for a day.
>>
Fuck you op I wanted to complain about archers not get horny
>>
>>1146800
You can do both
>>
>>1146667
CBA?
>>
>>1146917
No idea what that is but sounds like a good place to start.
>>
The original Forgotten campaigns were kino. They were different and offered something new. Too bad the average AOE2 player who can't enjoy anything which isn't a generic build and destroy scenario complained too much.
>>
>>1146927
>Too bad the average AOE2 player who can't enjoy anything which isn't a generic build and destroy scenario
They also can't play anything that isn't Arena/BF/Arabia or some sort of copy of it.
>>
>>1146263
Same.
>>
>>1146927
They were also super buggy and unbalanced.
>>
98% of AOE2 players are autists who are obsessed with stats.
>>
>>1146942
You forgot into, meta, rush
>>
>>1146942
>98% of competitive AOE2 players are autists who are obsessed with stats.
ftfy

I've heard that only 20% of players of any game engage with it beyond the game itself, on forums, research and the like. Most people don't care. But if you go on the forums then you're only going to encounter those 20% who go for that extra engagement.
>>
>>1146927
fuck those old scenarios. Filled with triggers, linear tromps through the maker's stories. The makers probably had more fun making them than players got out of playing them.
>>
>>1146967
The old Prtihviraj was so much better than the new one. In the original, the first scenario sees you get drawn into a load of bullshit when you're just trying to go about your daily business. In DE, the first scenario is a generic build and destroy.
>>
>>1146263
I used to do that, but then the faggots who make campaigns started making more and more missions without basebuilding and resource gathering so I gave up on them. If you don't like RTS games stop working on them.
>>
File: 1659441081256404.png (206 KB, 1067x518)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>1146942
>>
File: lahire.png (2 KB, 36x36)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
"The blood on La Hire's sword is almost dry"
>>
>>1146924
Castle Blood Arena
>>
>>1146942
98% of AOE2 players are chads who are obsessed with stats*
Fixed that for ye.
>>
File: 16523646.jpg (80 KB, 957x711)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
FUCK ARBALESTS
FUCK PALADINS
FUCK CAVALRY ARCHERS
FUCK TREBUCHETS
AND FUCK YOU
>>
>>1147149
>Arbalest Spammer eventually comes out of the hole because Berberchad couldnt kill him, even using all his power
>>
>>1146961
That includes /vst/ postan
>>
>Amazon Tunnel
>One big fight
>Game is over
Who designed this horrible shit?
>>
>>1147395
Who doesn't want that? Especially when the fight literally lasts for an hour in a massive meat grinder, because the stronger side is having to fight uphill.
>>
>>1147395
>max resources
>hardest AI difficulty
>largest map size
>max unit cap
>4v4
amazon kino
>>
>>1147395
Skill issue, most of my amazon tunnels are back and forths
>>
La Hire wishes to kill something
>>
>>1146260
i dont get how the tablet is part of the gag
>>
>>1147582
nevermind im stupid the monk carries a bible
>>
They're gonna overnerf the Gujaras because archer tards can't handle a hard counter unit.
>>
I am Jean de Metz, and I will read this in my voice.
>>
>>1147617
>archer tards can't handle a hard counter unit.
The issue is definitely in their camel fucking over every knight.
>>
>>1147694
Camels are supposed to fuck over knights.
>>
>>1147697
They don't know what to do if archers and knights don't work. It's the reason the Berber winrate is so high.
>>
>>1147700
>It's the reason the Berber winrate is so high.
Making Mongol mains seethe
>>
>>1147700
Infantry and siege, but disk throwers are also fucking insane, also archers, so it's a short term solution
>>
>>1147707
They could just use Archers with spears in box formation.
>>
>>1147710
Your average archerfag is too stupid to figure out things like that.
>>
>>1147710
>Using formations
Wut
>>
>>1146260
this is hot
>>
>>1147707
The chakrum needs a small cost increase and 1 less range, that's all. Also take the bonus damage buff from seige elephants. Literally all that's needed.
>>
>>1147761
I'd say nerf their AoE and RoF
>>
>>1147761
They already have shit damage. Just put your units on scatter stance or make an onager.
>>
Which civs need a buff?
>>
>>1147771
>Put your buildings on scatter
Uh huh.
>>
>>1147774
I want archers nerfed to the ground, but Bengalis need the most love rn.
>>
>>1146260
Why is this the only general to tolerate animu?
>>
>>1147786
Old game = oldfags = tolerating anime
>>
>>1147786
>Tolerate
Bold words.
>>
>>1147777
>Losing buildings to fucking Chakrams
>>
>>1147774
Persians (more like a rework, they've really fallen off and lost their identity as more and more civs got introduced)
Portuguese (yeah they're great on closed maps but they need something for open maps too)
Burmese (the problem child)
Bengalis (lack options)

maybe Dravidians not sure
>>
>>1147814
Portuguese are just fine on open maps. They have more than enough going on.
>>
>>1146924
If you haven't looked into it yet, CBA is a 4v4 on a flat ground where Unique Units constantly spawn from the four Castles you start with in a fortress, and your goal is to use said units to destroy the opponents' Castles. All four go down, and it's an instant defeat for the player.
Each player has a unit on the side that can be moved to specific flags to dictate where the UUs will run to upon spawn (outside the Gates, in the middle of the fort, or close to the Castles) as well as unreachable Blacksmiths & Universities for techs.
You advance to the next Age by killing units, and gain Villagers by destroying opposing buildings (except walls, I think?). Each civ has a different number of units needed to reach Castle/Imperial, and a different number of buildings razed for Villagers.
Due to the fact that there's an unspoken rule that everyone must pick random and not a civ of their choice, most games are won based on luck, but teamwork is also a major factor. CBA is probably the most popular custom game in AoE II, so it's very easy to find or host a game.
>>
>>1147814
>Persians
God yes, I really wish they wouldn't be afraid to overhaul some of the older civs. Right now they're just too boring imo, as the only thing they're known for is douche strats. Trashbows are interesting enough at least, but War Elephants suck and their Stables are bland.
I also wanna see more of the retarded UTs get changed too, like Stronghold and Nomads. The civs are fine without them, but they should at least do something that's not useless.
>>
Give Celts and Vikings bloodlines
Give Vikings Siege Onagers
Remove Arbalest from Vikings.
>>
>>1147814
Dravidians are probably fine outside of a malnourished stable, they're just not really that interesting outside of water and Wootz Steel. Portuguese would be a harder one for open maps, don't see why they miss out on Squires. Maybe a new team bonus.

For Burmese, maybe swap Manipur Cavalry & Howdah so the former can be researched in Castle Age, the latter seems to be sort of a waste of a slot when their Battle Elephants already have a passive armor boost bonus so maybe it could be reworked or some shit. But maybe doing the former already sounds too close to what Persians already get as a team bonus.
>>
File: 20220803045455_1.jpg (454 KB, 1920x1080)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
[Sad throat singing noises]
>>
File: 1647217167160.jpg (1.99 MB, 1936x2592)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>1147868
>Wootz Steel
Remenber when the DLC came out, everyone was outraged of Urumi Swordmen + Wootz Steel (and Teutonic Knight slaying Light Cavalry), thinking it would break the game balance?

Funny how that happened, right?
>>
>>1147872
I told them, even as the civs were being announced, that it wouldn't amount to much. They still manufactured hysteria over it like they don't know what normal melee armor values look like.
>>
File: 1644105097231.jpg (26 KB, 480x418)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1147878
It just to show how the majority of the player base has no fucking idea how this game works, and what things are actually influencial.

That or there's A LOT of teuton fanboys.
>>
>>1147872
That's the thing, getting there is another thing entirely too in most games. They're pretty much pigeonholed to archers otherwise, just with an easier tech into infantry.
>>
>>1147872
Now imagine tech that would let archers ignore armor. That would be op.
>>
>>1147395
just mango through the forest and hit their base directly
>>
>>1147797
Are you retarded or can you not read?
>>
>>1147000
I unironically enjoy scenarios without base building. So much that I often seek ways to beat scenarios WITH base building without doing any building. Feels very gratifying
>>
>>1147395
>Arabia
>build order into rush
>execution wasn't perfect, gotta be one second faster next time
Yeah, that's a lot better...
>>
>>1148061
What does, "put your buildings on scatter" mean then?
>>
>>1147870
and she was so cool too
>>
>>1148351
>tfw no qt mongolian princess to ride and plunder together
>>
>>1148354
please don't, the 18 pierce damage is already too much for my heart
>>
>>1147814
Persians are absolutely fine balance wise.
>>
>>1147864
nah celts having non bloodlines paladins is an iconic part of them.

Vikings are meant to have bad cav and use chieftains to beat cav so also no, remove arbalest yes if compensated somewhere.
>>
>>1148378
This is true
>>1147814
persians are fine just a bit boring and karamarandan is a bit gay imo, they are a perfectly balanced civ, other civs should be nerfed if anything

>>1147814
cumans suck outside of their very predictable gimmick, no eco bonus if you dont 2tc fuedal and no stone walls
>>
>>1147862
mongols dont need a buff tho, nomads would be viable if it was 150/150, it's a decent tech just too expensive
>>
File: guld.jpg (14 KB, 400x400)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>only play tuetons
>star arabia
gigachad moment and yes they are viable
>>
>>1147864
>Remove Arbalest from Vikings.
>Remove Arbs
>Give them back Thumb Ring
Kek
>>
File: 1653822256725.gif (674 KB, 474x498)
674 KB
674 KB GIF
The next DLC should tackle South Europe and Anatolia region, add two new nations: Georgians and Serbs, and four new campaigns: two for the newcomers, one for Turks and one for Persians (focusing on their rivalry with Byzantine in early medieval period).
>>
>>1148421
>Persians (focusing on their rivalry with Byzantine in early medieval period).
kino (and in the last mission the muslims show up and own both of them)
>>
File: stats.png (552 KB, 1511x960)
552 KB
552 KB PNG
post em
>>
File: korea.jpg (234 KB, 1082x1731)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>1146942
Wait, AoEII is not a tower defense?
>>
>>1148470
it is if you play japanese, tuetons, byzantines or koreans
>>
>>1148468
>Teutons
>Persian war elephant avatar
Does not compute
Regardless, youre based, we could 1vs1 later if you want
t. 1300 1vs1 ELO
>>
>>1148476
can't have the TK or its too much of a giveaway, i go for it whenever it's viable though, cool unit. Like a lot of UU having to make it out of castles sucks though and tuetons dont get siege ram.
>>
File: stats.png (599 KB, 1534x968)
599 KB
599 KB PNG
>>1148468
i am growing stronger
>>
File: aoe2.png (601 KB, 1500x947)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
>>1148468
Playing without any archers nor scouts/knights in 1vs1 Arabia has been fucking hell
Despite a good early game and a fast strong MAA rush, EVERYONE defaults to 1 or even 2 ARs archer spam, even cavalry civs, and spam a gorillon archers, while I usually hold them off with skirmishers, playing with skirms is pretty much a losing game, from there it becomes an uphill battle
So many briton, ethiopian, mayan and gurjara pickers, I just want to fight knightwhores, where are my Frank pickers? They are a top civ but at middle ELO they dont fucking exist.
>>
>>1148608
if you know someone is going to go either archers or scouts blind spears + skirms beats that pretty easily, you cant raid as well but you can do a bit and eco behind. You only really lose to archers if you go skirms when you are behind and dont get elite skirms in time since regular skirms get owned by xbows. and scouts just get raped by spears as long as you build a decent amount, scouts are expensive and 12 spearmen on 4 seperate patrols around your base is the point where 99% of people can't micro around it to get at your vills or if they do they are doing fuck all at home. Byzantines are a good civ to do this, koreans with free archer armor upgrades are another.

by the time they go archers + skirms which is the only thing that beats that you should be castle and can get mangos or knights or whatever your civ is good at.

Franks are supposed to be super common around 1500 but i guess with the rise of op camel civs they are probably a lot less common nowdays.
>>
>>1148615
>spears + skirms beats that pretty easily,
Loses to 4/5 knights aiding the archer mass.
>>
>>1148625
I'm talking about purely in feudal age, even then they would lost to pikes + elite skirms
>>
>>1148630
No, you just cede momentum until early castle, when your pike-skirm attempt gets crushed by the xbow-knight pairing.
>>
>>1148625
This, this anon is right.
I'm usually forced into skirms and spears due players going archers and scouts and then it becomes crossbows and knights.
Celtic pointy bois do a good job against scouts/knights, but problem being the fucking archers endlessly kiting my spears and shooting them 1 by 1, and having to juggle this delicate micro game of skirms constantly having to focus fire the archers, spears defending the skirms but to not let spears wander off into the archers, all of this while economy.
I have good APM but this is very mentally taxing, I also refuse to wall, I get town watch and a few outposts, and honestly town watch always pays off in the end, but without walls things become much harder.
>>
>>1148634
you can add stables as you go up to castle age and immediately make knights, also wtf is this cede momentum crap, unless he's cumans he's not making vils any faster than you and you can produce spears and skirms faster than he can make archers or scouts in feudal because you can start as soon as your barracks is built. You can even build your own archers easily if you want to attack him a bit.

In castle age you can easily go skirm knight or your own Xbow and knights (all pre castle skirm upgrades benefit archers anyway and xbow will be same time) or whatever
>>
>>1148639
>>1148608
>Playing without any archers nor scouts/knights in 1vs1 Arabia has been fucking hell
>>
>>1148636
at least wall with houses and military buildings, you dont need to attack with spears just keep them ontop of your skirms and scouts can't do anything. But yeah probably won't work if you dont wall at all because enemy comp is more mobile than you.

if you are byz or ethiopians with free pike or some other civ it works better, and for a non celt civ you can easily go into knights as soon as castle starts and grab bloodlines as you go up.
>>
>>1148641
wait as in you refuse to make any archers, scouts or knights? no shit you are going to lose then, infantry suck. You can win games going skirms in fuedal and then halbs + onagers though especially with the right civ, or camels if thats allowed
>>
File: crucifix.png (267 KB, 325x279)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>hit feudal
>instantly grab horse collar, saw, gold mining upgrade no exceptions

simple as.
>>
File: 20220719185635_1.jpg (882 KB, 1920x1080)
882 KB
882 KB JPG
>>1148643
No archers.
No scouts.
No knights.
Only infantry, siege and trash, with a few monks sprinkled in.
As much as I want to make longswords or woad raiders it's just extremely hard since archers/scouts then crossbows/knights will have the upper hand.
Infantryfag life is hard.
>>
>>1148653
longswords are just terrible, men at arms and champs are fine though. Are you allowed skirms?
>>
>>1148639
>you can add stables as you go up to castle age and immediately make knights, also wtf is this cede momentum crap
Anon, he's been massing archers since feudal. He already has that advantage. If you try to get the pike upgrade, the e.skirm upgrade, and then some gold unit up, you'll be behind on eco. Trash upgrades cost more than gold unit upgrades.
>>
>>1148646
>Gets dropped by enemy M@A
>>
File: 20220719182956_1.jpg (1013 KB, 1920x1080)
1013 KB
1013 KB JPG
>>1148654
>longswords are just terrible
Yes and No. Longswords beat knights cost effectively.
I usually MAA rush by default, if the cavalryfag does NOT transition into archer or infantry of his own, I get a second barrack, get supplies and make more MAAs. Usually wins without much effort.
In castle age, if the guy still refuses to make anything but knights, I get 3 barracks, arson, longswords, +2/+2 and go wreck his knights and raze his stables.
Problem being: enemy always get archers and MAA's get quickly shut down, if I cant constantly pressure with infantry it, obviously, becomes an uphill battle.
Celtic MAAs are great tho, archers in low numbers, celtic MAAs (provided you got +1 armor) become pseudo scouts, being able to catch up archers, but after 10 archers or more, it falls off.
>>
>>1148667
I love playing Malians into archerfags for this reason. They never know what to do.
>>
>>1148646
Hmm yes I do like the concept of christian samurais
>>
>>1148658
if you are making knights you dont need pikes and elite skirms
>>
>>1148667
they also need squires, arson while knights can get bloodlines in fuedal and knights are way more mobile and beat everything but spears better
>>
>>1148684
Congrats. If the other guy scouts your stables, he adds pikes to the xbow mass and pushes in.
>>
>>1148681
it was real, shimabara rebellion
>>
>>1148688
pike takes a while, is pretty expensive and he will need multiple barracks, you can now tech into elite skirm to counter him
>>
>>1148690
Food and gold eco on a unit he can produce during the age-up as a response? And you want to go from a knight switch to an e.skirm switch and mass enough to respond to an archer army?
This reeks of, "But I dodged it". Go ahead. Siege inbound lol
>>
>>1148692
except you were already going skirms and spears in feudal remember?
>>
>>1148692
dont get infantry armor only get inf/cav attack in feudal, fletching you want anyway for tower/castle/tc bonus
>>
>>1148701
Yeah. The issue is that you teched into knights, then ditched them for elite skirms and still think you're holding the xbow mass off.
>>1148708
I know, but I'm looking at the 2 archer armors + e. skirm, stable, 2 cav armors, bloodlines, and other early castle eco investments.
>>
>>1148670
Whats the point of being arrow resistant if you never going to catch up the archerfag that will mindlessly kite you to death?
Celts may be squishy but at least can close the gap.

>>1148685
>Squires for celts
Would make infantry stupidly fast but that would be a good thing
>>
>>1148719
can't kite you if you are destroying all his eco and tcs, there's only so much space on the map he has to fight at some point
>>
>>1148719
>Whats the point of being arrow resistant if you never going to catch up the archerfag that will mindlessly kite you to death?
It takes him long enough to kite my infantry that I can just spam them, take ground, and attack into his economy, then tech switch into whatever I want.
>>
>>1148722
Thats a losing game, unless the archerfag does NOT make archers as soon as he can (which usually happens), he will able to snowball you and eventually focus fire your MAAs before you get to raze all his ARs

Like in paper sounds good, but in reality it doesnt work unless you have an advantage (like Longswords with 4 pierce armor with squires)
>>
>>1148724
>but in reality it doesnt work unless you have an advantage (like Longswords with 4 pierce armor with squires)
Castle-age Malian Longswords have 60 HP and 5 PA. That means 30 xbows to one-shot. By then, I should have light cav/knights/cav archers up to shoo them away.
>>
>>1148724
won't work with men at arms but with two handed swordsman it will, tc goes down in like 15 seconds with arson and infantry bonus vs buildings they do as much as paladins
>>
>>1148727
>>1148729
I want to 1vs1 any of you, I will go an archerfag civ and spam nothing but archers, and prove that massed Malian MAAs is not a viable strategy
I genuinally want to lose so I can get proven wrong, will be soul crushing if I win
>>
>>1148689
Pretty neat desu
>>
>>1148732
It's massed Malian M@A as a lead-in for cavalry, anon.
>>
>>1148740
I see, still, I will spam archers regardless
1vs1?
>>
>>1148741
I'm going to sound like a bitch for this, and I won't blame you if you call me one, but I just did my evening isometrics, so my body hurts, and I just want to watch a VN. Sry.
>>
>>1148742
Yeah no problem
>>
>>1148487
>tuetons dont get siege ram.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI6aReVh3E
They don't need it when you have the tanky boys.
>>
>>1147862
War Elephants are the coolest unit, I wish they were viable bros
>>
>>1148867
For me my top 10 coolest looking units are:
War Elephant>Houfnice>Winged Hussar=Cataphract=Conquistador>Hussite Wagon>Elite Steppe Lancer=Teutonic Knight>Imperial Skirmisher>Magyar Huszar
>>
File: 1572806582555.png (285 KB, 996x1022)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
New idea for all the infantry civs that have shit cavalry and mediocre archers that they end up relying on anyway in the early/mid game and that don't have eagles. Basically Vikings, Goths and Celts, maybe some others known raiders that didn't rely on horses. A whole new infantry trash unit:
>costs only food
>no armour (still gets armour from infantry armour uprades)
>low to mediocre health
>fast like eagles or almost as fast
>does damage somewhere between militia and scout line
>takes bonus damage from militia and spear line (bonus damage from spear line just enough that they're roughly even in a 1v1)
Either a feudal+castle age unit, castle+imperial age unit or feudal+castle+imperial age unit. Basically worse scouts that benefit from infantry bonuses.

Thoughts?
>>
General Balance:

- Crossbowman upgrade cost increased 125F 75g -> 175F 125G

- Arbalester upgrade cost increased 350F 300G -> 450F 400G

- Armored Elephants/Siege Elephants are now affected by Siege Engineers

- Elephant Archer cavalry archer armor changed from -7 to -4 (take less bonus damage from e.g. skirmishers)

- Elephant Archer cost reduced from 90F 70G -> 80F 70G

Civilisation Balance:

Bengalis:

- Monks now have +3/+3 armor

Burgundians:

- Economy upgrade food discount changed from -50% -> -40%

- (Elite) Coustillier charge attack reduced by 5 from +25 -> +20, +30 -> +25

- (Elite) Coustillier charge time reduced from 40s -> 33s

Dravidians:

- Now have access to Bombard Cannons

Gurjaras:

- Mounted units bonus damage decreased from 50% -> 40%

- Elite Shrivamsha upgrade changed from 800F 600G -> 850F 500G

- (Elite) Shrivamsha rider recharge rate increased from 15s -> 20s

Hindustanis:

- (Elite) Ghulam HP reduced by 10 from 65 -> 55, 75 -> 65

- lose access to Halberdier

Sicilians:

- Bonus damage reduction decreased from -50% -> -33%
>>
>>1148992
>Nerfed my Sicilians more than Gurjaras
>Despite Gurjaras being a fucking must have pick and probably still will be
>Ass backwards Bengali change
>Hindustani nerf isn't too bad
>>
>>1148992
I get the rest but why the Bengali monk bonus of all things? I get the buddhist flavor but they need more than that. Also I still don't think Ele Archers would be viable.
>>
File: sparta-dance-moves.gif (127 KB, 96x90)
127 KB
127 KB GIF
>>1148992
>Crossbow and Arbalest upgrade cost increase
>mfw
Although it doesn't actually sound like much. I think they'll still be top choice, especially for >infantry civs
>>
>>1148992
Archerbros, I think we made it through another balance patch. Those nerfs aren't too bad
>>
>>1149042
All they need to do is give Bengali's TR.
>>
>Sicilians OP pls nerf
> 1000-1200 Elo Arabia 1v1 range
50.02% win rate, 1.43% play rate
>1200-1400
49.21% win rate, 1.54% play rate
>1400-1600
49.31% win rate, 1.69% play rate
>1600-1800
46.31% win rate, 1.7% play rate
>1800-2000
52.94% win rate, 1.76% play rate
>2k+
52.11% win rate, 1.94% play rate
>Overall 1000-3000 elo
49.44% win rate, 1.55% play rate
>Nerf bonus damage civ bonus
>give nothing in return
>Gurjara bonus gets a mere 10% decrease
>result will probably be 1 less damage per hit
>Some other nerfs but the civ is probably still broken
I'll wait for Spirit of the Law or TWest to run the numbers but I'm still mad.
>>
>>1148992
>Nerfing Sicilians
Why tho, it's not like they are OP like Gurjaras are
Sicilians are quite literally fine as they are
>>
>>1149205
Must've been Gurjara players complaining about Sicilians
>>
>Giving Orthodoxy to Bengalis as a civ bonus
Kek. Who comes up with this shit?
>>
>>1148977
No. We just need to find a way to make infantry good in closed spaces.
>>
>>1149130
Sicilians just feel bad to play against.
>>
>>1149260
Stop making counter units, stop making archers, stop making knights
Spam infantry on a Sicilian, they got no good answer against it besides forcing donjons and bad crossbows
>>
>>1149368
>Spam infantry on a Sicilian, they got no good answer against it besides forcing donjons and bad crossbows
...Or better infantry, siege, and knights?
>>
>>1149370
Or that too works.
Sicilians is just an anti counter unit civ, but sheer power civs (like teuton knights or celtic siege or burmese infantry) destroy them
>>
>>1149377
>Or that too works.
I'm saying Sicilians have options besides arbs for countering infantry.
Currently, their knights resist arbs, halbs, camels, and monks. Their infantry comes out quickly and early, lacking any real flaws. They even get a flood of them in castle age along with conversion resistance.
50% is just too much.
>>
>>1149384
>knights resist arbs
That's the role of the knight.
>Monks
Entirely dependent on getting First Crusade, even then it's the equivalent of just researching Faith. Get rid of Faith from their Monastery and give them Redemption
>Their infantry comes out quickly and early, lacking any real flaws
Except for the fact you need to drop donjons or castles to fucking recruit them.
>>
>>1149407
>>knights resist arbs
>That's the role of the knight.
Come on man.
>>
>>1149407
>That's the role of the knight.
Not in imp it isn't. That's for Paladins.
>Entirely dependent on getting First Crusade, even then it's the equivalent of just researching Faith. Get rid of Faith from their Monastery and give them Redemption
You act like anyone would ever research faith on its own. It comes an age late, costs about twice as much, and doesn't give you units.
>Except for the fact you need to drop donjons or castles to fucking recruit them.
Yeah, anon. How awful. I can't imagine having to drop a tower as an infantry/anti-counter civ to recruit a unit with the Malian PA and half of Bagains built into it in Feudal. Truly, the fucking horror.
Sicilians players are so dishonest.
>>
Why can Sicilians even make serjeants in feudal age? I'd move them to castle age.
>>
>>1149413
P2W
>>
>>1149384
LITERALLY Sicilians two power umits, knights and serjeants lose cost effectively against MAAs in feudal, Longswords in castle and Champions in Imperial provided you get Supplies.

Just go infantry, you will be fine.
>>
File: 1631998152600.jpg (42 KB, 600x450)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1149448
>LITERALLY Sicilians two power umits, knights and serjeants lose cost effectively against MAAs in feudal, Longswords in castle and Champions in Imperial provided you get Supplies.
>t.SotL
Provided you get supplies, blast furnace, champion, and Plate mail armor, then assuming your enemy is dumb enough to send his main power units directly into a horde of the one thing that might actually win a fight against them, unsupported by his 6+4 arbalesters, his SE Siege Onagers, and his SE Heavy Scorpions.
If I seem like I don't believe you, it's because wasn't born stupid.
>>
>Crying about a sub 50% win rate civ
Kek
>>
File: 1621820628265.gif (404 KB, 460x480)
404 KB
404 KB GIF
>Sicilians players are too dumb to make it above 50% WR
>Devs identify the cause and nerf them.
>>
Serjeants can make military buildings when? Make Hauberk apply to infantry/UU, change First Crusade to allow Serjeants to construct Barracks, Stable, Range, Workshops, Castles.
>>
>>1148421
>one for Persians (focusing on their rivalry with Byzantine in early medieval period).
I said it before and I'll say it again. Persian campaign about fall of Sassanian Empire would be top kino.
>>
>>1147395
You haven't played Amazon tunnel for real until it's massively stalemated and you have to tunnel through the trees for surprise raids like the Vietcong
>>
>>1149243
Monks have seen a lot of high level play which seems to be what they're basing most of these changes on.
>>
>>1149457
>blast furnace and plate mail armor
This doesnt matter because he should also get the same upgrades otherwise he will be at a disadvantage
>then assuming your enemy is dumb enough to send his main power units directly into a horde of the one thing that might actually win a fight against them
There are a lot of players in this game that lack any superior intellectual process, just see archerfags against dedicated archer counters, insisting on it and getting crushed by it.
>unsupported by his 6+4 arbalesters
Not as threatening since they lack thumb ring. Also easily killed.
>his SE Siege Onagers, and his SE Heavy Scorpions.
If he successfully commited to these units and it's upgrades and branched out of serjeants/cavaliers only, you should also have some sort of branching out to counter his change of army comp, if you dont then you're dumb.

I'm sorry anon, your attempts to look smart failed.
>>
>>1149457
>I let the Sicilians player get FU Cavalier, Serjeants, Arbs, Onagers, and Scorpions
Kek you fucking deserve to lose you absolute shitter
>>
File: 1630851953620.gif (834 KB, 136x140)
834 KB
834 KB GIF
>>1149681
>This doesnt matter because he should also get the same upgrades otherwise he will be at a disadvantage
It doesn't matter that I might be using a civ without Blast Furnace, because the Sicilians player should get it anyway?
>There are a lot of players in this game that lack any superior intellectual process, just see archerfags against dedicated archer counters, insisting on it and getting crushed by it.
The proposed counter-unit only works if the Sicilians player lacks a brain?
>Not as threatening since they lack thumb ring. Also easily killed.
A civ lacking only Thumb ring means they can't beat basic bitch infantry?
>If he successfully commited to these units and it's upgrades and branched out of serjeants/cavaliers only, you should also have some sort of branching out to counter his change of army comp
I'm supposed to counter non-siege units from a civ that negates 50% of the bonus damage it takes, with 7/8 Champskarls coming out of automatically-upgrading, self-staffing towers, 6+4 Arbalesters, and with 6/8 cavaliers who're resistant to camels, halbs, and conversion, so I can maybe avoid losing when he brings in his SE-boosted siege to support his scummy army?

>>1149684
>Castle drop: The civ
>Managing to tech is an achievement

I haven't faced any Sicilians players on Arabia, and I refuse to play as them, but if I ever did encounter one, I'd lame him as aggressively as possible just to get him to quit the game.
Again, the nerfs are entirely deserved. Enjoy losing your crutch, loser.
>>
File: images (72).jpg (62 KB, 750x350)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
What is the hardest campaign to 100% and why is it Art of War?
>>
I don't want to play against chinese players (players from china) anymore

How do I block certain regions (america/europe/asia etc) from matchmaking? Most games have matchmaking regions for better ping but I can't find the option in aoe2.
>>
>>1149471
>turn Sicilians into AoM Norse
>>
>>1149746
Kino
>>
>>1146260
Why does the Monk look so bored
>>
>>1149721
>It doesn't matter that I might be using a civ without Blast Furnace
Sounds like your problem, besides you should be able to get something to compensate for it
>because the Sicilians player should get it anyway?
What the fuck are you talking about
>The proposed counter-unit only works if the Sicilians player lacks a brain?
Unless you force a fight, yes
>A civ lacking only Thumb ring means they can't beat basic bitch infantry?
Yes.
>I'm supposed to counter non-siege units from a civ that negates 50% of the bonus damage it takes, with 7/8 Champskarls
Yes, stop playing a counter civ and use power units instead
>coming out of automatically-upgrading, self-staffing towers
Treb them
>6+4 Arbalesters
Not a threat
>and with 6/8 cavaliers who're resistant to camels, halbs, and conversion
Yes, stop using counter units and use power units.
>so I can maybe avoid losing when he brings in his SE-boosted siege to support his scummy army?
Not uncounterable, if you get fucked by it then you suck
>I'd lame him as aggressively as possible just to get him to quit the game.
No you wont, you sound like a massive bitch that cannot get anything done
>Enjoy losing your crutch, loser.
Lmao I main Celts, not Sicilians.

Noob.
>>
>>1149726
The Burmese one is definitely the roughest.
>>
>>1148992
Source? Are these actually real or is it satire
>>
>>1149776
It's real.
https://youtu.be/1Wo84U_znsM
>>
File: 1629673997745.png (666 KB, 1280x720)
666 KB
666 KB PNG
>>1149767
>Sounds like your problem
Ah, the old "Don't have Blast Furance? Just lose".
>What the fuck are you talking about
You're actually illiterate, you know that?
>Unless you force a fight, yes
I accept your concession.
>Yes.
Play the game.
>Yes, stop playing a counter civ and use power units instead
Ah, the old "Don't play civs that lack power units or lose".
>Treb them
What, in Feudal? Don't you think that might be a bit much?
>Not a threat
>6+4 arbalesters
I fucking can't
>Yes, stop using counter units and use power units.
What fucking power units are you imagining right now?
>Not uncounterable, if you get fucked by it then you suck
The siege itself isn't. Everything else you mentioned is.
>No you wont, you sound like a massive bitch that cannot get anything done
I main Berbers, bitch. I live for this.
>Lmao I main Celts, not Sicilians.
No one could actually defend Sicilians so energetically and so poorly unless they played it regularly. I don't believe you.
>>
File: aoe2.png (54 KB, 861x159)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>1149783
>Ah, the old "Don't have Blast Furance? Just lose".
Again, sounds like your problem, plus you should have something to compensate for it. If you lose then dont blame lacking blast furnance.
>You're actually illiterate, you know that?
No you're just bad at explaining yourself
>Play the game.
Pic related. Also post your hours.
>What, in Feudal? Don't you think that might be a bit much?
If you let donjons go up in feudal then you suck, a hard MAA rush shuts down donjon rushes.
>What fucking power units are you imagining right now?
Champs, Paladins, Cataphracts, Elephants, Hand Cannoners, Siege Onager, Heavy Scorpions, etc.
>Everything else you mentioned is.
Sounds like skill issue.
>I live for this.
No you dont.
>I don't believe you.
Thats your problem.
>>
File: Hr.jpg (21 KB, 284x300)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1149839
>Again, sounds like your problem, plus you should have something to compensate for it. If you lose then dont blame lacking blast furnance.
Yeah, normally you'd get something like extra PA on inf, PA-resistant archers, maybe even tanky cav archers to deal with it, oh but all of those lose to Sicilians, and so do Champs. It'd seem I'm just unlucky here lol. Go fuck yourself. Imagine being a Persians main and seeing this shit.
>No you're just bad at explaining yourself
I'm not trying to. Read your own posts.
>Pic related. Also post your hours.
Pic related. Play the game.
>If you let donjons go up in feudal then you suck
HAHAHAHAHA Excuse me, I forgot to cover every possible location he could build a donjon. Ever so sorry. Seems he built it next to his TC. I'll resign immediately hahahaha
>Champs, Paladins, Cataphracts, Elephants, Hand Cannoners, Siege Onager, Heavy Scorpions, etc.
Champs get shut down by Arbs, none of my mains have Palas or Catas, Elephants aren't a power unit on open maps (and Sicilians get halberdiers anyway), hand cannoneers don't work with the 50% bonus reduction, and Siege Onagers/Heavy Scorps get sniped by Sicilian cavaliers since you can't defend them with halbs.
You're an actual retard.
>Sounds like skill issue.
Sounds like a nerf inbound
>No you dont.
Laming players who pick mindless civs? Hell yeah I do.
>Thats your problem.
You're the one who cares.

Sicilians get a guaranteed civ win against a third of the game and they still can't make it to a 50% winrate. I'm glad so many of our players have enough pride to avoid using this shit.
>>
>>1149856
>oh but all of those lose to Sicilians, and so do Champs
Nigger champs is a hard counter to Sicilians and archers still do fine against Serjeants, just throw in a meatshield so the archers dont get jumped.
>Imagine being a Persians main and seeing this shit.
Persian guy just run the Sicilian over with mass paladins or elephants.
>Play the game.
Still have much more experiencie than you, little whelp.
>I forgot to cover every possible location he could build a donjon
Quite literally scout well, have a few outposts out and MAA rush. If you get fucked by donjon rushes it is quite literally a skill issue.
>Seems he built it next to his TC
Still better than having it next to your TC.
>Champs get shut down by Arbs
Have siege to flatten them or cavalry to run them down, or your case genitours.
>hand cannoneers don't work with the 50% bonus reduction
They do work, I have beaten mass Serjeants with turkish HC mass a couple of times.
>and Siege Onagers/Heavy Scorps get sniped by Sicilian cavaliers since you can't defend them with halbs.
You literally can, just make sure the halbs surround the siege, also use attack ground to flatten the cavs before they arrive. Same thing applies to Serjeants.
>You're the one who cares.
You're the one that is throwing a bitchfit over it.

>Sicilians get a guaranteed civ win against a third of the game and they still can't make it to a 50% winrate
Fucking lmao, not even close, that'd be Gurjaras, Hindustanis, Britons, Mayans, Ethiopians, etc.
>>
>>1149873
>Nigger champs is a hard counter to Sicilians
Again, arbs
>and archers still do fine against Serjeants
Again, champskarls+hauberk
>Persian guy just run the Sicilian over with mass paladins or elephants.
Halbs and raids
>Still have much more experiencie than you, little whelp.
Leaving your computer on while you're away is not experience, and everything you say here just shows that you're a dumbass.
>Quite literally scout well, have a few outposts out and MAA rush. If you get fucked by donjon rushes it is quite literally a skill issue.
Not what I said. He builds it by his own TC and still gets this unit. That's the point.
>Still better than having it next to your TC.
Way to dodge the issue.
>Have siege to flatten them or cavalry to run them down, or your case genitours.
Yeah, anon. I'll just go do that while his Serjeants auto-upgrade. Great idea.
>They do work, I have beaten mass Serjeants with turkish HC mass a couple of times.
And when the Sicilian player has more than 1 brain cell?
>You literally can, just make sure the halbs surround the siege, also use attack ground to flatten the cavs before they arrive.
5 FU halb hits to kill a generic FU paladin. 7 to kill a Sicilian cavalier, and 4 to kill a single fucking light cav. Your siege will die.
>You're the one that is throwing a bitchfit over it.
Throwing a bitchfit over what? The fact that Sicilians are getting nerfed? That'd be you.
>Fucking lmao, not even close, that'd be Gurjaras, Hindustanis, Britons, Mayans, Ethiopians, etc.
You're complaining about Ethiopians in the Year of our Lord 2022. Just...
>>
>>1149889
1vs1 me tomorow.
>>
>>1149908
How would that work? If I play Sicilians and lose, it's because I don't play the civ. If you play Sicilians and win, you undermine your own point.
>>
>>1149726
I can't get gold on land battle and naval battle.
As for real campaigns though, I think Gajah Mada is the hardest.
>>
>>1149919
I dont give a shit play whatever you want, I just want a fight
>>
nothing is more gigachad than celtic paladins
>>
Has there ever been a match where you or them sent trade carts to an enemy market to make $$$?
>>
>>1150071
Yes, but he deleted his market.
>>
>>1150071
Yes, but I converted his trade cart and had it supervise the destruction of his former home town.
>>
>>1149721
>It doesn't matter that I might be using a civ without Blast Furnace, because the Sicilians player should get it anyway?
Farimba cavaliers beat hauberk cavaliers, sergeants and arbs.
Byzantines halbs should simply out mass hauberk cavalier, and they got superior ranged options and cataphract should perform decently
>>
>>1149873
>Fucking lmao, not even close, that'd be Gurjaras, Hindustanis, Britons, Mayans, Ethiopians, etc.
I have rolled Byzantines into Hindustanis a few times, I am learning to switch into stone myself because while archers are pathetic against ghulam, cataphracts shred through them like butter, when you make the ghulam a non-threat Hindustanis aren't that strong, the ghulam nerf may make them try other strats
>>
what do lithuanians do against eagles? their only option is supplies less blast furance less champs, which is ok
>>
>>1150236
Hun longswords will beat eagles, you have Champs and HC, you'll be fine.
>>
>>1150292
eagles are like twice as fast and they can build other units
>>
>>1150293
Then GG at the fucking start I guess nigga.
>>
AOE2 is trash compared to AOE3. AOE3 is the thinking man's game. Play that one instead.
>>
>>1150299
not playing a censored game simple as
>>
>>1150300
What did they censor?
>>
>>1150303
native american stuff and colonial age renamed, some other stuff
>>
>>1150308
>native american stuff
To make it more historically accurate. This is not censorship.
>colonial age renamed
Because with all the new civs and expansions, the game wasn't about colonialism anymore
>some other stuff
Like what? You still haven't mentioned anything that was censored.
>>
>>1150312
>Because with all the new civs and expansions, the game wasn't about colonialism anymore
holy cope
>>
im sick of these arena clowns
losing cos someone has 2 monitors and can follow a build order perfectly and le castle drop

id rather play blacked forest
>>
>>1150313
No arguments? No further points? Okay.
It's fine if you don't like the game, but the one who's trying to cope is obviously you.
Please tell me about Japanese, Chinese and Indian colonies.
>>
>>1150317
japanese had colonies
>>
>>1149721
>It doesn't matter that I might be using a civ without Blast Furnace, because the Sicilians player should get it anyway?
Found the archerfag.
>>
>>1150317
Never heard of Taiwan, Okinawa, and Korea?
>>
>>1150236
What do Aztecs do against Leitis?

Just hope they got more relic, Lithuanian is broken on all the maps
>>
>>1150316
Skill issue
>>
>>1150316
Go fast imp yourself, or kill his villagers with light cav
>>
>>1150543
No the other guy but if I were the Aztecfag vs Lith id go Garland Wars champions, Atlat skirms and a couple of monks for convertions
>>
>>1148382
kipchek needs help, I suggest cuman mercenaries is changed to a different tech that gives them +1 range and no attack delay, or 1~2 more arrows. or if cuman mercenaries stays that you (and your allies) get 5 kipchek per castle when you get up to imp that do not take up pop space (making it a castle age upgrade)
>>
>>1150547
Also not him butI like to deny knight civs Castle drops with a few MAAs/spears
>>
>>1150196
>Farimba cavaliers beat hauberk cavaliers, sergeants and arbs.
Yes, but the difference is that the Sicilians player has no trouble switching to a counter-unit.
>Byzantines halbs should simply out mass hauberk cavalier, and they got superior ranged options and cataphract should perform decently
Fair.
>>
Anyone see that Jordan v Tatoh game on Ravine in TTL just now? Chakrams are so broken lmao
>>
>>1150362
>>1150500
Hardly within the game's time period. TAD added three civs that had no link with the colonial theme. DE went further and added a lot of revolts, including many in Europe. Colonialism is still in the game, but the game has obviously widened its scope. I don't think it was necessary for them to rename the colonial age, but you're dishonest if you call this censorship.
>>
File: file.png (260 KB, 1313x446)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
I only maek karambit ;D
>>
>>1149919
>>1150587
I will be home in 3 hours, can you fite by then?
>>
>>1150871
Should be able to.
>>
Could everyone arguing over Sicilians post their elo please?
>Time played
irrelevant when there's people in this thread that have 4k hours playing campaigns on a 20 year old game.
>>
>>1150896
Can't. Never bothered placing due to Arabia-bans. Recently beat a guy with 1900 elo in qp. That's the closest approximation I have.
>>
>>1150896

>>1148608
>>
>>1150896
824. Been playing since 1999. Get rekt.
>>
>>1150871
>>1150894
Post your replay or something
>>
>>1150894
Yo, I'm soon ready, you here?
>>
>>1150989
Present.
>>
>>1151011
aoe2de://0/173835773
Copy and paste this on your web brownser and it will lead you to my lobby
>>
>>1151013
Dude, I know what your username is already. I'll just invite you.
>>
>>1151019
Shit was alt tabbed while waiting, send inv again
>>
>>1151021
Can't. You're not on the list. You're TheGhostmaster, right?
>>
>>1151026
nvm there you are
>>
K. Match over. I lost handily.
>>
gg
>>
gg
>>
Lesson learned: "Fast" is not the usual 1.7x speed lol
>>
>>1151044
I thought we played on normal speed?
>>
>>1151058
Nah. I mixed up "Fast" with "Normal". You didn't notice?
>>
>>1151059
I did notice that the game was way jankier and messy than usual but no, not really
>>
>>1151061
Whatever. It was my mistake, so bonus points for you.
>>
Don't care still spamming archers
>>
I haven't played ranked in a while. Is team game elo still higher than 1v1 elo, or is it about the same?
>>
>>1151273
They changed it and now my 1v1 ELO is like 100 points higher
>>
>>1151273
>>1151338
It's a lot closer now and somewhat of a different skillset, you can get a lot higher in 1v1 just with tight buildorders and early aggression, works fine in team games too but you could easily be a great 1v1 player with a pretty poor team game lategame. More units are viable in teamgames and you need to know the enemy civs and what units to go for to counter genitours or the enemies combined comps and stuff. Generally I think team games are a little easier though.
>>
File: vip2j31rm2g91.png (740 KB, 600x908)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
This is gonna be a bigger nerf than the miniscule price increase
>>
Increase crossbow frame delay so much that micro become nonviable but keep their rate of fire. There, crossbows nerfed without actually reducing their power when not under micro. They have the most range so they're the unit least affected by a frame delay increase.
>>
>>1151457
Micro is the fun part of the game, why would you take it out?
>>
>>1151457
There's nothing wrong with xbows being able to micro, the problem is when any archer unit stacks on itself in small spaces because of shitty pathing and hard cucks any melee units trying to kill them. The biggest nerf to any archer would be a fix to being able to stack 20 of them on a single tile.
>>
>>1151459
>Micro is the fun part of the game
I don't think strategy games are for you.
>>
File: CivIcon-Hindustanis.png (20 KB, 104x104)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>apparently a broken civ
>I still lose every match with them
It has to be a trash player thing but I don't understand why they're so strong. I just like gunpowder and elephants
>>
>>1150896
1.4k, Sicilians are decent Burgundians are broken, so are Gurjaras and Hindustanis to an extent
>>
>>1151515
They aren't OP, people just can't stand thr Ghulam because it counters archers and archer fags hate being countered.
>>
>>1151533
I think their camels are even stronger, their gunpowder is stronger, ghulam will still be strong even with the nerf
>>
>>1151533
>They aren't OP
Based retard.
>>
>>1151459
Dancing archers is the most retarded thing I have ever seen.
>>
>>1151515
They're strong because they have a very well rounded tech tree and cheaper vills is a great eco bonus. It's a civ that has an answer for pretty much everything. Maybe you're just losing because you're trying to go HC when you really shouldn't or overinvesting into siege eles in CA. Trying to tech into HC in ranked can be tricky since chemistry takes so long
>>
>you can start with a Militia in MegaRandom

Is this rare? Sort of surprised since it was beginning to feel rote.
>>
>>1151645
It's pretty rare, yeah. Often you'll get more than one Scout or said Scout is a non-combative horse, but it's not unheard of for it to be replaced with something else. Hell, I've had a couple MegaRandoms where I started with a Skirmisher of all units.
>>
>>1151571
>It's a civ that has an answer for pretty much everything
This is probably what makes it harder to play for average players even when it's strong. Relying on counters and reading the game is harder than spamming palas or unique units
>>
>>1151533
their camels are cracked, imp camels were already really good, with extra building damage nad faster atk they are kinda insane
>>
File: 01854127094721048015123.png (770 KB, 1117x626)
770 KB
770 KB PNG
Second mill before lumber camp anyone?
With 4 in each you would almost have 40 free food per minute, and it is not terrible to have to mill the deer
>>
>>1151457
Foot archers should have their speed reduced 15% so that cavalry and skirmishers can actually catch them. Increasing the resource cost doesn't solve the actual problem, which is counter not being able to land hits.
>>
>>1151720
Oh no, something with less HP AND armor than other heavy cav! Oh no, how can I counter that?!?! If I can't endless spam Hussars at it it must be OP!
>>
>>1151720
Stop using cavalry then
>>
>>1152038
Camels aren't heavy cav. They function as anti-cav, from start to finish.
>>
File: lxaMlx8.gif (1.58 MB, 360x270)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB GIF
>>1152051
You serious nigga?
>>
>>1152113
Yeah. They don't have the armor, pierce armor, or damage to convince anyone they're heavy cav. They're just a conciliation since Hindustanis lack knights.
>>
>>1152152
Yes and?
Why having power camels a bad thing?
>>
>>1152184
>Why having power camels a bad thing?
What, did the basic refutation break your mind? I said they're not heavy cav. Have fun.
>>
>>1152196
And I say it doesnt matter, use halbs or fucking archers.
They are not hard to counter. It's literally a non issue.
>>
>>1146942
this game is literally based on stats because the only major differences between factions are their stats and techs.
>>
>no infantry buffs
it is over
>>
>>1151727
8 mills with 1 sheep each
>>
>>1152215
>And I say it doesnt matter, use halbs or fucking archers.
Different anon.
>>
>>1152215
camels are way better against halbs than knights and do fine against archers if he doesn't have like 60 and great micro, they are also faster than knights
>>
>>1152255
This
A lot of improvement upgrades are just "1+/1+"
>>
>>1152291
>camels are way better against halbs
No, not really, the only thing camels do better halbs is chasing down cavalry archers, for anything else halbs are better. If a knight runs away then dont try to give chase and boom, a knight is an expensive unit, if it doesnt get economical damage then it doesnt justifies its price
>Fine against archers
No. Archers are a good counter to camels.
>Fast than knights
Again, not an issue, the only advantage is that camels can catch up cavalry archers and thats it.
>>
>>1152305
they take way less damage from halbs, knights cant run away from camels without getting hit eithe, big issue if you are sending raiding party and run into enemy camels
>>
>>1152309
>they take way less damage from halbs
And still they get bodied by pikeman, and not are particurally effective, knights can give pikeman fight due the high attack the knight poses, the camel might take slightly less damage from a pike but the camel dishes out so little damage it wont be able to kill the pike in time and die regardless, whereas a knight would at the very least have killed the pike and survive with low HP.
>Knight cant run away from camels
Barely matters. If he sends knights against camels either he didnt know and catch up by surprise, which is something that depends on the game unfolding itself, or he's retarded, then the discussion loses importance since there's a skill difference, for no good player would knowingly and willingly send knights to a player that has camels.

Once again, it's a not-issue
>>
>>1152317
imp camels have 12 attack which is pretty decent, attack super fast and have +5 vs buildings
>>
>>1152269
>archer nerf is not an infanty buff
>>
File: 20220807052502_1.jpg (789 KB, 1920x1080)
789 KB
789 KB JPG
>>1152319
I ran the test to settle the issue
2500 gold, food and wood for all units

71 halbs
41 imp camels
33 paladins

71 halbs vs 41 imp camels
>>
File: 20220807052525_1.jpg (751 KB, 1920x1080)
751 KB
751 KB JPG
>>1152355
Imp camels get absolutely bodied without killing much, imp camel as strong as it is nowhere strong enough to take on any sort of infantry, and is not tanky enough to take on archers, only good against cavalry, catching up siege and destroying buildings that are not fortifications.
>>
>>1152357
For comparison, now it's 71 halbs vs 33 paladins
>>
File: 20220807052700_1.jpg (768 KB, 1920x1080)
768 KB
768 KB JPG
>>1152359
Goddamm it
>>
File: 20220807052718_1.jpg (734 KB, 1920x1080)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>>1152361
While imp camels performed just very slightly better than paladins, is still a fucking landslide in favour of the halb.
At the very least the Paladin is tanky enough to take on archers and foritifcations, so all things considered imp camels are nowhere as strong as you make them to be, and personally would take pointy bois over camels anytime.

Once again, it's a non issue.
>>
Okay so you wiped out the archers, your opponent is no longer making them and you're stuck with 50+ skirmishers what do I do now with them?
>>
>>1152355
Anon, who the fuck is making 71 halbs?
>>
>>1152386
Knights.
>>
>>1152386
>you're stuck with 50+ skirmishers what do I do now with them?
Shove them up your arse or send them to die, and like the other anon said, knights, siege, archers of your own, infranty, etc.
This shouldnt be question.

>>1152393
Anybody that doesnt want to die against cavalry.
>>
>>1152364
Well yeah, if you read the tech tree halbs are meant to counter cavalry, Hindustanis have got skirms or handcannons to deal with them. Of course double gold composition is expensive but they have sultans still.
>>
>>1152364
camels are faster and hindustanis have retarded eco bonuses, they are really good in team games because minimum one maybe 2 or 3 will be going cav, CA and the extra speed means you can avoid counters and get around the map quicker, you can easily run under tcs and melt them with the building damage or just rape all the vills, not castles though
>>
File: 1630265165353.jpg (36 KB, 460x282)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1151727
I can't believe they would actually buff the food bonus
>>
so cringe how all the aoe 2 players and big steamers jumped on the aoe 4 bandwagon and came crawling back
>>
>>1152397
>Anybody that doesnt want to die against cavalry.
Sure. Just watch as I switch to arbs and wait until your halbs are out of the way before reintroducing cav raids, moron.
>>
>>1152498
>trying to kill 10+ barracks spamming halbs with a couple of arbs
you cant kill them fast enough incel and I am building knights behind it while i catch up on gold
>>
What are these matchups even supposed to prove? In 1v1s, you aren't (shouldn't) making purely one unit type. If you're Hindustanis, you're going to be making HC or Skirms to support your camels, if you're Archers, you're making Halbs. Against infantry? Probably arbs/hussars.
>>
>>1152566
We have a few autists here who think that a unit having counterplay doesn't make it OP, yeah camels can be countered by making pikes, but if your opponent has made a ton of spears in feudal you are not going camels
>>
File: msedge_IVgBd2CVCC.png (146 KB, 750x374)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
Aoe4 bros, it's time...
>>
>>1152665
The game finally went free to play?
>>
>tranime
die pedophile
>>
>>1152795
Regional pricing adjustments means the poorfags from the 3rd world can finally play the game they always wanted to
Still $60 in the US though so many of you guys in here are still going to be stuck playing this old boomer game LOL
>>
>>1152420
>if you read the tech tree halbs are meant to counter cavalry
So is camels.
>Hindustanis have got skirms or handcannons to deal with them
Yes, almost everyone civ got something to handle halbs. This is not something extraordinary.

>>1152428
>camels are faster
Not an issue.
>hindustanis have retarded eco bonuses
This one is fair, cheaper vills is insane.
> they are really good in team games because minimum one maybe 2 or 3 will be going cav, CA and the extra speed means you can avoid counters and get around the map quicker, you can easily run under tcs and melt them with the building damage or just rape all the vills, not castles though
Yeah I guess, you're deviating from the original convo tho.

>>1152498
Say hello to Mr. Siege Onager.
>>
>>1149476
>Persian campaign about fall of Sassanian Empire would be top kino.
I'd like to play as the last Shah, fighting on until our untimely death or an alternative history where the shah travels to Tang China helped by the eastern christians
>>
I think Hera's draft was crap, what was he thinking?

Cumans don't beat Bohemians on Arena, you need turks or something else, Cumans can only make things that die in seconds to Bohemian halb
>>
Thought Villese was going to win this since yesterday btw
>>
Cam on Villese, score some games!
>>
>>1152826
>Say hello to Mr. Siege Onager.
Bombards are a faster, cheaper tech switch.
>>
If metaman goes slingers he wins, karambit and swordsmen have nothing on slingers
>>
>>1153104
Mr. Siege Onager doesnt give a shit and will flatten you anyways.
The only threat to Mr. Siege Onager is Houfniza, Portuguese and Turkish Bombad Cannons.

>>1153105
But nobody uses slingers, karambits and swordsmen.
>>
>>1153115
>Mr. Siege Onager doesnt give a shit and will flatten you anyways.
Yes, I completely believe you'll successfully fend them off.
>>
>>1153115
>Mr. Siege Onager doesnt give a shit and will flatten you anyways.
Costs more than paladin. Good luck with that
>>
File: 1642861017861.jpg (192 KB, 1280x960)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
I'm honestly glad Viper and Hera lost, this Villese-Vinchester final is fucking amazing.
>>
>>1153127
It's a nice change. Don't have to listen to the fanboys from either side now.
>>
>>1153121
Yes, I did multiple times. It's not even hard to do so, I dont know why you think otherwise.

>>1153126
Doesnt matter, unless players attack ground they wont kill the onager.
>>
>>1153127
Sad to see Snek lose but it's nice to see new top talent as well. Especially Vinch, I see this as his year.
>>
>>1153157
Anon, if the enemy is letting you get away with a post-imp pike-siege with bombard cannons around, it's because his micro is lacking.
>>
>>1153243
Most likely, but is still very common for it to happen.
>>
I'm gonna make a siege tower one of these days, I'm gonna fucking do it
>>
im very new to aoe2 should i go straight into ranked and endure the placement matches or keep practicing vs ai?
>>
>>1153664
Play around with the AI for a bit, do the learn to play challenges which are quite good for online play. If you want, check out T90 for high elo games and Hera's channel for guides on how to play certain civs. Once you're comfortable slapping the AI around and know some really basic build orders for dark age ranked should be a fairly comfy experience, win or lose.
>>
>>1153664
Worst case of playing ranked is you lose a lot and then get some easy and fun wins for a while
>>
>>1153664
Practice Art of War and try to get silver, you can also play a few campaigns to learn more about the civs, but campaign play is not equivalent to MP play. Watch some pro games to understand how they play and why, Hera is very helpful for new players. After the placement matches you should be facing people of similar skill level, practice a few strategies at a time, man at arms and scouts openings are the most beginner friendly, drushes can be rewarding but focus on the basics first. Always create more villagers and try to put your wood in to production buildings or farms and don't neglect the eco upgrades.
>>
>>1153664
Practice against the A.I. unless you're ok with losing a lot. Also play the Art of War campaign first.
>>
>>1153669
>>1153703
>>1153732
>>1153733
thank you for the advice :)
>>
>>1153644
Do Tamerlane 3. There's a sidequest where you need to deliver a couple Siege Towers, so if you're looking for an excuse to make some, then there you go.
>>
Are any of you guys watching TTL? What do you think of it so far? I really liked the play all format for the first stage.
>>
File: to p5.png (8 KB, 965x275)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
post and roast
>>
Fuck Fortress Nile Delta is my new best friend, I won Huns vs Italians, but if I get a civ that is countered on Fortress I just lose after 30 minutes of buildup
>>
>>1154923
you can easily rush on fortress
>>
I built a tower next to your gold/stone patch, what now?
>>
>>1154969
move somewhere else or hit it with some MAA
>>
>>1154969
No you didnt because Im the one MAA Trushing, and MAA hardcounters naked trushes, and if you did Id pull 8 vills to raze your tower in order to establish dominance, and if you walled your tower I will just rush your eco and id just go to the other gold mine lmao.
Arguably a more effective move is trushing and denying woodlines.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.