[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 164 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 20220713_200709.png (3.8 MB, 1989x1277)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB PNG
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1880650/Expansion__Hearts_of_Iron_IV_By_Blood_Alone/
1.11.12 Patch is on OPEN BETA right now, by the way
>who gets it?
Italy, Ethiopia, and Switzerland... for now....
>what gets reworked for 1.12?
Peace Conference, Air Warfare, and Warscore Mechanics in general
>what would be DLC-only?
Air Designer, Italian alt-history paths, Swiss and Ethiopian contents
This week's Devdiary:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/developer-diary-switzerland-2.1535342/
>>
PDX is getting so greedy they are saving ideology paths in focus trees for future expansions. Communist path for Swiss sold separately.
>>
>>1125854
1.11.12 is the current live version though?
>>
>>1125890
oh shit, i'm sorry
>since June 9th
woe is me
>>
By Cum Alone
>>
>>1125854
Lol that’s so fucking cringe god I hate hoi4 and it’s consequences for the community
>>
>>1125854
>alpine confederation
>Austrian heartland

What did they mean by this?

You know the fucking alps continue into Germany, did paradox make a focus button where the emperor of Switzerland, Anne frank, can demand and 100% of the time receive industrial German lands in the south
>>
>>1125854
>more gay ass alt history meme blobbing
Wake me up when they add a HOI3 style OOB.
>>
>>1125854
Does the alpine confederation gets to build alpini as well?

When Italy has the misfortune of thier neighbor clicking a particular focus button, and surrendering all of the Italian alps without a fight for free for memz and you tubers, can the Italians still build alpini?
>>
>>1125876
Didn't they said in the diary they scrapped the communist path because
>Le limited time
>>
>>1125920
I like naval infantry even though they’re worse than infantry and marines. Some of the units in bice are cool but useless, like NKVD divisions that hit with a wet sock instead of guns.
>>
>>1125876
well, at least /pol/ can stop memeing GOY$ as a commie game
>>
>>1125930
Isn't it more the mods that are commie central?
t. /pol/
>>
>Played 183hrs.
>Never really won a war.
>Never finished a game.
>Finds the major powers' focus trees confusing.
>Minor powers lack industry/time to become powerful.
How do I not suck at the game? I understand the game concepts, but I just suck.
>>
>>1126091
What are you doing, how are your divisions set up, are you using planes, have you tried playing a smaller nation in a more isolated corner of the world, are you ordering your men or are you letting the ai handle it, is this bait, have you tried playing an easy nation like the usa or germany, are you getting stuck of offense or defense, how are you losing.
>>
>>1126091
Keep playing Germany or USA until you win. Save and tag switch often to see why the AI is beating you when you get stuck. Really analyze your country build after each playthrough. Did you build too many guns? This is usually the first noob mistake.
>>
>>1126096
Cheers. I'll give this a go. I didn't even think to tag switch to find out why I lose.
>>
>>1125923
limited time and because it was "harder to justify", like it's easy to justify the "alpine empire" lol
>>
>>1126091
Watch someone who knows what they're doing play a game or two. Not one of those "copy these exact clicks to become OP" guides, just a normal playthrough by someone who understands the game.
>>
>>1126091
Not playing till the end is pretty fine but only if that's your goal. Never winning a war does seem like you suck major balls. What countries are you picking and how are you losing? Have you actually played germany in a historical fashion?
>>
>>1126104
Would have been better to name it Helvetia or Helvetic Confederation and have focuses to puppet Austria, Italy, Germany and France and release Occitania/Burgundy/Bavaria from them for teh lulz
>>
Question, how can I avoid to have Stalin find out my conspiracy when I go the Right Opposition before killing him? Keeping his paranoia low?
Also should I bother trying to kill him first or release Stalin's opposition form the jail first? I want to put the Supreme Soviet in charge in my playthrough.
>>
>do a Napoleonic France run to get the achievement
>take over the Benelux and naval invade the UK
>they actually have troops stationed at home, so the invasion doesn't turn out to be the steamroll I expected it to be
>have the most fun I've had in a long time in conquering the UK, with an intense air war and constant supply issues due to them intercepting my convoys
>I get the peace deal and give the Netherlands to a puppet in anticipation of Germany attacking me
>extend the Maginot into Belgium for the same reason
>Germany declares war
>I look at the Italian front for a split second
>Germans break through a level 6 fort in the mean time and absolutely wreck my (fairly decent) army
How the fuck are they so powerful? Pre-NSB I never had too many problems holding as France, but now they managed a pretty accurate reenactment of the actual war. There was not a single battle I could beat them in, and this was with contested air and plenty of AA in my divisions.
>>
>>1126209
did you lose?
>>
>>1125956
Deus Vult exists
>>
File: 20211217022548_1.jpg (1.21 MB, 2560x1440)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
I'm excited for the update, Italy and Japan are my favorite campaigns
>>
>>1126209
Medium tanks stronk.
>>
>>1126398
I thought they nerfed tanks into the floor with No Step Back.
>>
>>1126431
Wrong, buddy. They may have made them harder to get, but they in fact, buffed them. What was nerfed was the supply. And I'm betting it was due to your supply lines getting bombed, you not having enough AT in your divisions, and not knowing the difference between Air Supremacy and Interception.
>>
Italy focus seems fun but switzerland is an absolute meme. WTF were they thinking?
>>
>>1126519
as long as the historical stuffs is meaty and alright, i'll pass it
unfortunately commies being commies, now they are deriding the devs as a bunch of fascists
>>
>>1126431
They did, the same tank is like 3 times as expensive as it was. Germany gets enough free tank divisions to still do well in the early game.
>>
File: Not Your Daddy's HoI IV.png (3.37 MB, 1920x1080)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB PNG
>>
File: file.png (2.68 MB, 1166x1064)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
>>1126257
Yeah that's pretty safe to say
>>
>>1126603
You are overstacking against the italians, it's mountains and pastaniggers suck, not that it would have made a difference but just saying.
>>
>>1126209
Should have order 66'd Britain then taken whole benelux in peace deal and giga stacked german border and made a shit ton of CAS and a fair amount of fighters, no tanks. Germs will likely not attack you and instead go for Soviets and that's when you should have hit them.
>>
>>1125854
>alpine confederation
>>
>>1126904
You get free cores and auto annex on austria and north italy as swiz
>>
File: file.png (5 KB, 362x66)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
The paradrones are NOT happy
>>
>>1126909
You know the devs dun goofed it when even the paradrones are angry
>>
>>1126909
yeah i'm sure they're going to boycott the release and not all buy it on day 1
>>
File: TheEternalJohan.jpg (378 KB, 550x690)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>>1126909
>inb4 30 banned discord users
>>
When is Germany getting a rework?
>>
>>1127106
in waking the tiger
>>
>>1127106
what else could they possibly add?
>>
>>1126909
Even the fucking PARADRONES hate it.
>>
>>1127135
>>1126909
Stop coping, faggots. If you want to see forum users (and mod devs) actually unhappy, go take a look at Poland Rework 2/2 dev diary.

Of course it's fucking Polish nationalists being butthurt.
>>
>>1126909
>>1127158
who the fuck is Kosaki MacTavish? a dev there? why he gets so much power there
>>
>>1127166
a pole
>>
File: spidey11.jpg (75 KB, 500x375)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>playing GOY$ in 2012+10
>>
>>1127129
The funny commie path, maybe enhance the current paths.
>>
>>1126209
>bleed yourself white attacking your only major ally
>wtf why did I lose fighting Germany
>>
>>1127158
>Polish nationalists being butthurt.
But the rework was a massive buff for Poland. Offmap nuclear reactor lmao
>>
>>1125854
>new hoi4 dlc
Oh yeah, that's a thing. Totally forgot.
Release date?
>>
>>1127228
Not revealed yet.
>>
>>1125854
Air rework and designer sounds interesting. Peace conference shit doesn't matter because there is only one war that you abandon the game after or even during if invading Japan every time isn't fun to you, it's not Kaiserreich.
>>
>>1126209
>Didn't deny Rhineland
Why?
>>
>>1126209
For some reason Germany is extremely OP, to the point where the only challenge in the game is unironically beating them (which means that if you play Germany the game is absurdly easy, I managed to capitulate all the majors as Germany in 1941 as nazi Germany and I’m far from being great at the game).

As for beating them as France, I find that garrisoning the non-maginot border (after conquering Belgium and the NL) with a full army group and air superiority usually works, don’t even need bunkers. I just then get 10-12 medium tanks divisions under De Gaulle and do small encirclements until I win. You can also naval invade Rome and take out Italy but that’s more of a democratic France thing because the anglos will pour through Italy and make it easier.

Another thing is denying the Sudetenland (denying Rhineland can work too but it’s harder) the germs will have to fight the Czech and their forts which are not to be underestimated and you can just outplay them in the west in the meantime.
But yeah Germany is stupidly OP
>>
>>1126209
>>1127582
Also a nice little tip as bonapartist France, let the Belgians or English take a bit of your territory during the war so you can ramp up conscription laws, after the war you’ll get an event asking to lower it down but it’ll still be higher than what you started with, France really lacks manpower (and oil)
>>
>>1127582
I've never had difficulty defeating Germany. Maybe I'm too big brained for HoI 4
>>
>>1127184
Fuck that. The trees since BftB has all been garbage. The current German tree is almost perfect. I don’t want PDX to fuck it up and give me 5 different slider clicking games I need to balance.
>>
>>1127584
>France really lacks manpower
maybe if you're shit at the game
>>
>>1125914
Fuck this faggot he just fucking watches observer mode and reacts this gets millions of views
>>
Supreme Soviet or give all those traits to Stalin?
>>
File: 1632141030576.png (203 KB, 1272x711)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
so does this basically mean that there are like 6 countries in the entire game that should be building tanks?
>>
>>1128725
how so
>>
>>1128868
No, you can basically build any of the units on basically any of the countries and win, though some are obviously harder than others and you might have to build mediums or lights instead of heavies on the weaker nations if you want more than one unit. It's common for instance for Spain to make tanks and send them as volunteers, similarly you could build tanks on many of the minors when the majors handle the frontlines.
>>
>>1128875
Because the manpower pool is big, if you can't fuck up Europe with like 1.2 Mil army while taking like max 2-3 Mil losses, you're just shit
>>
>>1129110
Pretty sure france doesn’t start with a 1.2 mil manpower pool with its starting conscription laws, which was exactly the point of my post, a trick to increqse conscription despite playing as non-aligned
>>
>>1129143
You should've said you were talking about conscription laws and not total manpower pool (your population)
Now I understand, but it should still be doable as long as you play defensive and let the enemy in your territory while having a tank task force ready to encircle
>>
I want to knockout the those two 'wc' achievments: puppet master and make all nations fascist. What sounds like a better strategy?

Start as Japan join the Axis and then invade the Netherlands then use the Netherlands indies holding to take the USA early with a high collab government. Then in late 38 naval invade France and England before they put ships up. After that either gank soviets or germany and use the chinese united front faction war to cleanup the other parts of the world

or

Start as Germany and do the free yugo wargoal exploit and immediately cap the allies, then collab the US and invade through Canada. Use the focus tree to help clean up Europe and then invade the soviets and use them to clean up the remaining minors

Japan feels a little easier to get started because you start with a decent navy+military, DEI puppet, the earlier the US is knocked out the better and you get a ton of its industry on total mob early. Also the fighter 2 rush is pretty strong. However Japans advisers are definitely weaker aside from the army training guy. Japans tree doesn't have as much free cbs even though the ones they do have are pretty strong

Germany is a lot harder to start with capping the allies early but obviously will have a much stronger army+advisers and a ton of good cbs for cleaning up Europe. However I might have to fight a real war with the USA since I wont have a navy to invade the soft and better supplied coasts.
>>
>>1129812
I don’t know man, I’d say playing as Germany and invading Canada from Newfoundland and the US from Canada is the easiest way to go about it.
You could also pick Italy, rush the roman Empire by justiyfing and declaring on yugo asap and then do the exact same thing to Canada and the US once you annexed the UK.
With all the manpower and industry you get from roman cores, and the USA taken out, conquering the rest of the world should be a breeze
>>
>>1126909
they removed reactions on this post LMAO
>>
>>1125876
desu this expansion pack is more than worth the wait for an airplane editor
>>
>>1128741
He's steadily losing views ever since he stopped playing HOI. There's nothing worse than Alex the Rambler though.

>Onions voice
>Has mental breakdowns once a month because he doesn't get enough NEETbucks from making hoi videos
>Balding
>White knighted his asian gf after she broke up with him
>Bad at the game
>>
>>1128741
He doesn't even do that anymore, he's a Reddit channel now
>>
>>1129923
I never got into him, just Bo, ISP, and Vale
>>
>>1125916
Clearly, as they obviously made a button where they can annex Slthe Piedmont and Turin, home of the House of Savoy, and the King of Italy.
>>
>>1128868
Balkans countries should have mechanized divs to save manpower.
>>
>>1129923
WELCOME TO HEART OF IRON FOUR!!!! I don't think there's a single decent Hoi4 youtuber
>>
>>1130320
71cloak is good
>>
>>1130320
I like Bokoen's videos
>>
>>1130320
The bydlo German was alright back when he was a tryhard and didn't watch his mouth
>>
File: 1633513088035.jpg (72 KB, 800x800)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>1128868
>(Amphibious)
eh?
>>
>>1130419
Amphibious 2 are pretty good for crossing rivers without sacrificing much of firepower, but you're honestly better off replacing the mot/mech in your tank divs with amtracks.
>>
>>1130425
>Amphibious 2
Sorry, my pre-NSB brain turned on
>>
cringkoen1 be like XD WARCRIEMZ *holds up spork*
>>
>>1130475
Wow, he's literally me.
>>
>>1129812
do it as Qing
i got it on 1965
still worth it
>>
>>1130320
>Bitt3rSteel
he's a waffleman
>Taureor
he's a literal Pole
>Spaniard
his channel got wiped out
also, he's a Spaniard
>Hatlessspider
Spaniard 2.0 but better since he's an unironic Dixiecrat
>>
Damn nips won't peace out even after taking out all of Korea and their chinese lands
>>
>>1130574
pull out, let them land and control one of their owned continental states, then beat them again
>>
>>1130574
Are you china (and not commies or manchu etc) because the event goes to the main china who has the option of refusing the peace if I recall correctly.
>>
>>1129812
Using spies is also op, you can just coup Mexico, or Canada, and invade USA from your preferred direction. Beware with fash beaners, because they start to invade south on their own, and draw in the USA against them, I think they lose their own guarantee after their civil war, or at the very least after joining a faction.

>>1127158
Poles suck, at least people getting aware how shitty they are due to the internet, prior to that only those exposed to them in workplace have known, fuck them. Other than that, NSB Poland seems to do ok, I played as passive Germany, only building up industry, and couping other countries. Let the Soviets attack Poland, and Poland without even joining the allies was gaining ground against Russia. Though, have to add to that, that Russia was failing to take neutral Finland already, due to me sending 7 volunteer divisions there, and 300 CAS II-s, took Leningrad, and dig in my troops there, while using the airfield there too, taking out 5000+ trucks, and 200+ trains on the Northern Front, with logi strike, just in a few months, yet russian AI is railroaded to attack Poland anyways. So I guess soviets were being choked out elsewhere, but ingame Poland can handle them, if they won't get sandwiched by Germany.
>>
>>1126209
You probably need wider divisions, and should only use AA as support.

Germany is probably OP because of CAS, doctrine, plus bonuses. You can have fully upgraded CAS III, in 1940 with Germany, and spam them by the thousands. Sending CAS as air volunteers into any conflict, anything supported by enough of them, in areas they can cover, from non-overcrowded air fields, can cut through almost any enemy. Germany can just build high org, infantry only divisions, and have the air support do all the work. With Germany, just use 16 factory for CAS, from day 1. Fully upgraded CAS by end of first year, fully upgraded CAS II by 1938, fully upgraded CAS III by 1940. Guess you could have III from anything short of jets by 1940, but is highest damage per industry cost against ground targets, and most fuel efficient too. Could use tac, if you want to do strat bombing, cover larger ranges, and more nav bombing roles, but with range upgrade, CAS III can cover almost anything. Fully upgrading reliability/range/engine gives only bonuses, side effect of range is neuted by reliability upgrade, and with right spirit of airforce, only cost you 131 air exp.

As to how to counter it, just use CAS of your own, and have entrenched 42 width divisions, with engineers and support AA. Prefer high org, and defensive bonuses, have your own CAS do the work.
>>
Just fought a fucking endsieg as facist america just to forget to get south Georgia in the peace conference
>>
>>1130320
TommyKay is alright when he plays achievements or kr
71cloak’s autism is enjoyable
Bittersteel provides good achievement guides
MountainGeneral is fun the first couple videos then you realise he always does the exact same shit and it gets boring pretty quick
The others are boring yeah
>>
>>1130614
Manchu, that's weird though, I remember I had the event popping up playing as Puyi last time I played.
>>
>>1130976
I think you can claim the leadership as anyone and that's the primary china, you could always check the event in the files to make sure. I do know that Japan AI does it 100% of the time but China won't accept it every time if Japan is in war with other major nations (thinking that when daddy USA comes naval landing soon they can get a real peace deal)
>>
>>1130825
ISP is based (even if he's probably a closet leftoid)
>>
>>1130320
There are like 2 decent Slovak guys and Dankus can be kinda fun to watch sometimes mostly for how much he mogs everyone else as an outgoing, socially active chadesque normalfag.
>>
>>1131072
He cracks jokes about commies=no food and was shittalking Putin recently. I still remember when he dabbled in 'le radical centrism rant' type shit in 2016.
>>
71cloak makes quality videos and he doesn't treat his viewers like retards
>>
>>1129812
I did One Empire, Puppet Master and NWO through the fascist UK path. Might not be the most efficient way to do a WC but it's always fun to take out the US and France in mid 1938. After that, you're pretty much unstoppable.
>>
>>1125854
Why are the OFFICIAL Paradox alt-history paths so god damn shit? Like seriously, I think even the worst mods out there make better paths, with way less resources I might add. Literally every single alt-his path is what an [insert nationality here] 12 year old kid would describe as being a cool path for their country.
>Alpine Empire
I just can't... this is just so bloody stupid.
>>
>>1131107
All alt history paths are by definition stupid
>>
>>1131111
Checked.
Yeah, but the baseline HOI4 ones are extra bad. Like Communist Poland buying colonies. Or mother fucking civil war in the US. Or the fact you get the option to recreate every single meme-tier 19th century monarchy.
>>
>>1131123
WHY CANT I FORM GAUL PARADOX
>>
>>1131193
Paradox doesn't have the Gaul to let you do something like that.
>>
>>1130976
Unrelated question but is it better to pick the Manchu Court focus or the Five Equal Peoples focus?
>>
>>1131123
I declare myself guilty of rebuilding the Commonwealth as Lithuania, now shoot me.
>>
>capitulate japan in 1937 as USA
>pick supervised state in peace deal
>they're independent and just declared war on china a few months later
was supervised state supposed to make them a puppet or am i just retarded?
>>
>>1131272
>Recreate the country that stole 70% of your lands, forcibly colonized your people, almost eradicated your language by polonization and then was the pretext for you being invaded and you capital being stolen
>>
>>1125914
I hate this retard so much but I can respect him for grifting zoomers.
>Watch ai games
>"WOAH THATS SO CRAZY" every 15 seconds
>Gets a billion views
>>
>More gay alt history
Kaiserreich and its consequences
>>
>>1131500
Funnily enough, it was two lithuanian great dukes who build the foundations of the Commomwealth.
Also I do with Lithuania so the Germans don't bother me with Danzig.
>>
>more generally good ideas are limited to single countries
I fucking HATE this.
>Balance of Power could be
>President vs Congress (USA)
>Adolf/Party vs Whermacht (Ger)
>Churchill vs Parliament (UK) There where actual concerns Churchill was gaining too much power and the conservatives had look at options to oust him if he looked to make a power grab early in the war
This is so good, why not use it across the board?
>>1125920
God I miss it.
>>
>>1131510
I love Alt History, I hate the EXTREME alt history being pushed as plausible.
>>
>>1131446
Yeah, Focus Trees fuck a lot of shit up.
I don't know what the fuck they are doing.
>>
>>1131773
It could also be
>Army vs Navy or Emperor vs Generals/Diet for Japan
>National Bloc vs Communists for France
>Atheists/Communists vs Catholics/Sinarquists/Fascists or one-party government vs democracy for Mexico since the PNR (later PRI) ruled Mexico for over 70 years until it was ousted in the 2000s
>King Carol II's power vs Government for Romania
>Sejm vs Left/Right Sanacja for Poland
>Fatherland Front vs Austrian Nazi Party for Austria, whoever takes over aligns to either Germany as puppet or to Italy as an ally
>Military Junta/Carlists vs Falange for Nationalist Spain/Democracy vs Anarchists/Communists for Republican Spain
>>
>>1131783
So many good suggestions anon.
Most of this should have all been updated for BBA.
>>
>>1131784
Indeed, the fact only 3 nations will have access to the balance of power mechanic is stupid.
>>
>>1131123
>Like Communist Poland buying colonies
This is so funny to me, nobody at Paradox thought about this?
>mother fucking civil war in the US
This was because of Kaiserreich right? I wonder what could cause a civil war during that period. Another business coup? If the USA had a disastrous first outing with no success?
>>
>>1131107
You don't like the Spanish ones? Outside of super anarchism what's wrong with it?
>>
>>1131123
It's called fun, it's fun to have the ability to reorder the nations for different teams and for that to happen each nation has to have several however unrealistic options available. USA neeeds a civil war because it would be busted if you could just set up a demagogue and it would turn Fascists before WW2 even starts. If you don't like the alt history paths then don't use them
>>
>>1131908
Different anon here.
>it's fun to have the ability to reorder the nations for different teams
Do you need that really?
Italy could have easily gone with the allies, fascist Yugoslavia and Greece were in the allies, authoritarian nationalist Poland were in the allies.
Why do you need crazy alt history paths instead of sensible small changes?
>USA neeeds a civil war because it would be busted if you could just set up a demagogue and it would turn Fascists before WW2 even starts
True but the civil war is done poorly. They just copied Kaiserreich
>>
>>1131913
>Do you need that really?
It's called fun, so yes.
>Italy
I'd imagine it easily can in the rework

>fascist Yugoslavia and Greece were in the allies
They can do that in the game right now
>Poland
Goes allies as well
>>
>>1131920
I don't understand what you are saying?
I am saying fascist and nationalist nations joined the Allies in real life and in game, you don't need crazy alts for a lot of stuff
>it's called fun
I would have more fun with well built paths. Like the Anastasia one is inexcusable.
>>
>>1131921
>I don't understand what you are saying?
I'm saying you can't at the same time say that you don't like the alt history paths and then name bunch of paths you think are reasonable which you can do in the game. There's no way to make fascists USA or Russia not be ridiculous by design but they still have to be in the game for maximum options, you can literally just not use them if you don't like them.
>>
>>1131922
>name bunch of paths you think are reasonable
What? I just said it was possible for Italy to join the allies.
>>
>>1131923
And I said you most likely can do precisely that with the new tree.
>>
I should probably get the italy achievement now before add 10 sliders to the decision tab
>>
When are they going to update the army doctrines? There's basically no reason to go anything but superior firepower
>>
But did they fix the shitty AI and front lines yet?
>>
>>1131991
Never.
>>1131993
See above.
>>
File: 1657469063687.gif (2.41 MB, 225x255)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB GIF
>>1131993
>Paraniggers
>Fixing shitty AI
How about a 20$ unit pack instead?
>>
I wouldn't really mind if Switzerland ate up the nearby axis if berlin and rome are lost
That would be a neat what if
>North italy, bavaria and austria & all remaining axis troops in those regions get absorbed by greater switzerland
>>
So, Hearts of Iron officially exists in manga, wat nou?
>>
File: Feature_Highlight.png (1.88 MB, 1920x1080)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
Is this guy unironically trying to be cringe or really talk and act like that?

Podcat better be working on hoi5
>>
these are dogshit because the current hoi4 team is understaffed and underpaid. parashit knows redditors will aways pay for whatever they shit out
>>
File: fixed european borders.png (1.25 MB, 1283x675)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>1132132
this video was a weird between Peters acting and weird camera angles. It felt like an advertisement for the game but only included information relevant to people who are already well aware of it. The in game footage is the same thing over and over again and they have used the same shot of germany invading the lowlands in every promo since 2016. I don't know why they feel like they need to make videos like this to legitimize the game. I'd much rather just have footage of the devs talking about the changes in game mechanics in more detail than they did in this video. Instead we get cringy over edited stuff like this.

Also looking at the result of the peace conference it looks like they aren't really fixing any of the actual problems. This was literally in the first 9 seconds of the video, did anybody even look at it before they published it.
>>
>>1131991
Mass Mob is great if you have endless manpower and shit infra, Mobile warfare is bitz build and the other one I forget name of is great for defense.
>>
>>1132163
>splitting germany in half but not undoing the anschluss
what did the allies mean by this
>>
How do I prioritize specific units to get the newest equipment first?
>>
>>1132479
Most people had already accepted that Germany-Austria was the future, it was democratically wanted in both countries and it had happened. Hell years afterwards it was assumed that unified germany would unify with austria again on BOTH soviet and western sides.
>>
>>1132597
As in Division type or Corp based?
>>
>>1132820
Vgh, what could've been.
Need to figure out how to make that happen when Espiocracy (PBUI) comes out.
>>
>>1132597
You can assign the template as high priority (or others as normal or low), you can split the units you want into a new theater and assign that as high priority. You can duplicate the template, swap some units over to the new template and do the above to that new template and lastly you can simply disable the new equipment on templates you don't want it to go towards.
>>
>>1131908
the system in darkest hour where you just move a slider to get the politics you want to join the faction you want was infinitely better than doing 5 70 day focus trees to make the pie chart your color and then a retarded civil war with debuffs added on

>if you don't like it don't use it

yeah just don't use a advertised feature of the game and don't have an opinion on it
>>
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/developer-diary-ethiopia-2.1536054/
>>
>>1132947
Paradox being commie-lovers and make the fascist path the weakest
as usual
>>
>>1132975
Germany's already OP. It and Italy don't need ubermensch fascist Ethiopia on their side.
>>
>>1132975
Yeah, those famous weak fascist paths, like Mosley being able to core half of the planet
>>
>>1132979
i want to make EUROPEAN Union, not just European Steel Community (6 countries top) + Anglophone
>>
>>1132982
You will make Ultima Britannia and you will like it
>>
>>1133027
fuck you, commie
>>
>>1133321
No fuck you Leatherman
>>
>>1132947
I just don't understand why even bother with Ethiopia
>>
>>1133391
The way the production works it's practically free to make shit up like this (hence why the modders do it for freeeee). The main challenge of the patch is Italy and associated mechanics, slapping some focus trees together for other countries pads the content without expending much work hence why we got Switz and Ethiopia even though they are only tangentially related to Italy. Also they probably have some nigger quota they gotta fill so Ethiopia covers that up nicely too.
>>
>>1131773
Churchill lost the 1945 election
>>
>>1131908
Hearts of Iron is supposed to be a war game.
>>
>>1132947
lol
>>
>>1134056
>a chess pawn gives more information than the symbol for infantry
>>
>>1134045
And? Which is why it offers so many options to set up various scenarios for you to fight in
>>
>>1125854
why did they do such a shitty job of implementing logistics in 4? i thought they did them well in 3. i have yet to be able to make these shitty logistics work properly since the dlc implementing them released, and ive been able to make logistics work great in games like shadow empire.
>>
>>1134195
>why did they do such a shitty job of implementing logistics in 4
Because the current logistics system is a lazy cash grab made by interns that was crudely shoved into a game that wasn't designed with it in mind.
>>
>>1134250
4's logistics system is just "upgrade railroad until high enough level," which irritates the hell out of me every time i boot the game up now. the longer this game is out, the more i think 3 is the better game. i just wish 3 wasnt so railroaded
>>
>>1134251
>the longer this game is out, the more i think 3 is the better game
3 was indeed a better game than GOY$, even if it had a lot of issues on its own. Honestly the only thing $ did better was making factories produce measurable amounts of equipment rather than it being all just abstracted reinforcements/upgrades in 2/3.
>i just wish 3 wasnt so railroaded
Indeed, but better a railroad to an apocalyptical conflict that is the meat of the game than current paradox's "What if the Japan became communist?????" meme shit.
>>
So why does supply have to flow from the capital again?
>>
>>1134044
>Britain fell to Socialism after the war and never recovered
I know.
>>
>>1134056
>However, the system now in use is broadly based on that devised by the US Army Corps of Engineers in 1917
>>
>>1134320
Too hard for lazy devs, please understand
>>
>Kicked out the nips from Korea and secured the border with Mongolia by crushing their pesky puppet
>China capitulates
God fucking dammit
>>
>>1134130
It’s supposed to be about WW2 and possibly WW3, not about a feudal, backwards Ethiopian monarchy suddenly becoming heckin wholesome anarchists inviting Jewish women to direct the uprising of Boers in South Africa to overthrow the racist European dominated colonial government
>>
>>1134385
>It’s supposed to be about WW2
I remember back when it used to be about WW2. Wow, what a long time ago. Nostalgic.
>>
Do people design tanks or do they just use the meta and everyone uses all the same shit?
>>
>>1134056
Johan's spirit refuses to let go of paradox
>>
>>1134489
I just add whatever soft attack my army exp lets me, same for ships. Designers are useless and shit, I hate them I much prefered when we had the historical tanks in the technology tree instead of this retarder “1942 Heavy tank chassis” boring bullshit
>>
>>1134320
>make an encirclement around a Capital
>the units in it aren’t actually encircled or undersupplied, even though 99% of the ennemy war industry is located outside the pocked
Thank you Paradox, very cool
>>
>>1134385
There's this thing called historic focuses, you won't see any of that stuff if you don't like it.
>>
>>1134489
All good tanks tend to be similar, still my tanks aren't the same between play troughs with small variances here and there.
>>
>>1134320
>>1134373
>>1134575
The entire supply system is fucked, the main factor in deciding whether there is supply or not is either distance from existing hubs which take WAY too much time and resources to build and are simply a bullshit abstraction or province-level supply which is arcane and virtually impossible to work around, the actual railroad level seems to matter very rarely and railroads also don't cost that much to build.

The system is backwards, it should all be about actual roads and railroads, not "hubs"
>>
>>1134654
The railroad level matters if you have many divisions around one hub because the ammount of division a hub can supply only depends on the level of the railroads connecting the hub to the capital.
I actually quite like the supply system, outside of the fact that everything comes from the capital
>>
>>1134662
I've never had that happen, either I stack too many units in a single province or the railroad level are just enough.
>I actually quite like the supply system, outside of the fact that everything comes from the capital
Fuck off, "hubs" are retarded and don't represent anything real.
>>
>>1125923
I would bet the final HOI4 DLC will be a communism one, with new or revamped OP communist and anarchism trees for most majors, because the nuparadox devs are all communist/Anarcho-syndicalists (because they are all Kaiserreich fans, and want vanilla to play like it)
>>
>>1134663
In real life supplies were handled exactly like this, distribution from the source to hubs via rail and then to the front from there, the only abstraction is that there are no supply factories and supplies just materialize in your capital.
>>
Do you think tanks should use less supply? Tanks are usually the cause of all supply issues on my front if I'm not overstacking infantry, since they have to be concentrated a bit to actually break through.
>>
>>1134817
You can just console annex the countries you fight, it's not a problem
>>
>>1134689
Id prefer a Democratic update. As it stands there is literally zero reason to remain Democratic besides the occupation laws. Fascism and Communism both actually have gameplay.
>>
>>1134864
Well yes, what kind of riveting gameplay did you expect from your democratic Paraguay run?
>>
>>1134690
Why would hubs cost this much? Can you actually properly justify the fact that the ratio of cost to rail to hub is completely fucked up?

It's clear that hubs are an incredibly lazy design choice alongside supply extending from the capital, the 2 go completely hand in hand.
>>
>>1134907
Game balance and fun, things you wouldn't understand. If hubs didn't cost a lot you could just ignore them by building them everywhere. Why do factories cost the amount they do? Can you tell me the price tag of a WW2 supply hub?
>>
File: 1654017201637.png (733 KB, 1200x833)
733 KB
733 KB PNG
>>1134909
>Can you tell me the price tag of a WW2 supply hub?
No but according to Goy4 a place to temporarily pile shit up on the way to the front costs about 3x as much as an actual military factory, does that make sense to you?
>>
>>1134909
It's not the cost in isolation, it's the fact that actual railroads don't do anything other than connecting hubs, logically having railroads should help you bring shit to the troops from a hub.

A hub could at most be some sort of "repeater" that strengthens supply, this is still abstracted but at least not in a completely unintuitive way like now.
>>
>>1134926
Yes, makes the gameplay good.

>>1134953
Do you just not understand how supplies flow? Like this is just you seething and not actually being this stupid right?
>>
>>1134926
i myself thought of supply hubs as population centers
which in-turn, justifies its high cost
imagine building a city in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>1134981
>Do you just not understand how supplies flow? Like this is just you seething and not actually being this stupid right?
Do you not understand that railroads don't actually work like they should? Do you think the Germans went like "oh no I can offload goods 200 km closer to the frontline using the existing railroads, let me offload them at the supply hub... shit I can't reach the frontlines from here, sowwy!
Supply hubs are way too static and hard to build which is by design because it's an extremely cheap way to create bad supply where you want but it doesn't actually replicate the problems the Germans or others had on the frontline.
Right now you have regions between supply hubs where the supply shit at all motorization levels even at peace time regardless of what you do, you literally have stop an advance for 4 months if you want to wait for hubs, which you normally don't because you can just side-step the problem in SP anyway.

ALL railroads should spread supply, hubs can just be a boost on top of that or be a source of supply(so that it doesn't flow only from the capital), obviously I'm not sure if that's computationally demanding but it seems to be a better way to go about it.
>>
>underage retard shilling goy4
fun and balance is the only argument you can have when the game is trash, faggots will eat shit and say it's fun and balanced
>>
>>1134817
Transport planes need an overhaul. I see no reason to use them like in HoI 3, they take forever to build and they barely do anything. Plus they cost command power to use.
>>
>>1135355
Sounds like a skill issue to complain that you have to deal with supply in a WW2 game. You can just console your problems away if you can't win.
>>
>>1135486
>muh skill issue
No, like I fucking said it's easy to sidestep, at least in single player.
Now come up with a proper rebuttal or kill yourself
>>
>>1135508
It is the proper rebutal, you want to make the game easier (because you suck), you can make a mod or use console commands or game settings to help yourself but quit seething
>>
>>1130320
I thought tommykay was great but hes become more onions in the last year or so and started getting political in the videos. He's also got an army of cocksuckers in his roleplay games, and I hate that ghost guy american who sounds like he smokes a pack a minute and talks at a thousand mph at max volume. Dankus is good because watching high level players do stuff is entertaining and Bokoen is good for a mix of funny commentary and good gameplay. BubbleZest is an underrated youtuber and most of the reason he is good to watch is he knows how the game works but doesn't cheese it as much and it's clear he has autism so he can relate more to the viewership

>Taureor - 'Hey guys heres a 2 hour long edit of me cheesing the game to do what is essentially a world conquest as every country in the game'
>isoyproductions - 'hey guys heres a hoi4 video for 13 year olds'
>alex the rambler - 'hey guys, i'm isorrow except i'm mentally ill, balding and expect to make a career out of this content please give me patreon money'
>Drew Durnhil - if you watch me you are a literal retard, anyway heres some countryball shit i astroturfed off reddit
>>
>>1135621
I'm glad someone else finds the ghost guy annoying. Everyone keeps trying to turn him into a meme and act like he's entertaining

Alex is fun to watch as cringe comedy
>>
>>1135572
Yeah, the skill issue in fucking building transport planes and literally side-stepping 90% of supply issues.
You must room temperature IQ(in Celsius) if you think there is any challenge there.
>>
>>1136088
*must have
>>
>>1136088
You are the one seething at how hard supply is, not me.
>>
>>1136174
just like spies, they did a horrible job with reworking the system and will leave it "as is"
i hope someone makes a mod to remove the shitty spy system they brought with la resistance + a rework for this shitty logistics system that doesnt work at all hardly like logistics should. i shouldnt start taking a retarded amount of attrition just because i advanced 2 tiles
>>
>>1135621
>>1135842
>ghost guy
who? Stakuyi?
also yeah, BubbleZest is underrated
my own review here btw >>1130487
>>
>>1135486
Hoi4 is not a ww2 game, kys paradrone.
>>
File: Asset 28.png (527 KB, 1283x350)
527 KB
527 KB PNG
Does this mean that peace deals before war is over will finally be possible for modders?
>>
>>1136996
You mean create a collab government and then script a white peace?

Pretty sure it's already possible.
>>
>>1137008
Nah, I mean end war while letting both sides keep their current conquests
>>
>>1136198
I forget his name but its got ghost in it and when he talks they've started putting this gay 8 bit ghost on the screen. While i'm here does anyone remember that hoi youtuber who trooned out? It was hilarious reading the comments saying 'its so good to have some girl gamers on the hoi scene!'
>>
>>1137294
DShakey?
MountainGeneral is from Slovakia
>>
Isorrowprojections is funny
>>
>>1137636
Outside of his videos, yeah, he's a pretty funny guy
>>
>>1135621
On this note, what happened to Rimmy? I heard he became a breadtuber and started streaming VNs, but that's it.
>>
>>1137574
Dshakey trooned out? I noticed his voice change from his early videos, I thought calling everything cute was a joke
>>
>>1130487
Taureor's vids are good, but his voice is like a lullaby, it just puts me to bed every single time.
>>
>>1137670
That's nice
>>
>>1137294
are you talking about dustinL? i used to play with him on one of the big multiplayer servers, but his faggot ass got me banned a year or two ago for not calling him and his faggot friend "she"
no prior offenses, just got permabanned by the CP distributor server owner named katten. yeah katten im letting people know that you distribute CP with your main discord account. also katten neck yourself for fracturing the server's community over the previous server owner not being willing to buy you a $1000 phone
>>
>>1130413
I still get a chuckle out of Polish Mechanized
>>
>>1137940
if you count VTubing as being trooned out then yes
>>
I'm new to Hoi4, quick questions
>what should I buy
>whats the best strategy to familiarize myself with on multiplayer
>best mods outside of Kaiserreich
>>
>>1138029
Fuhrerreich, in the name of the tsar
>>
>>1138029
Equestria at war unironically
>>
>>1138029
>buy
What? If you mean the DLC pirate them all, you don't need to own any of them for MP
>MP
Just join MP and pick NZ and just fuck around while listening to what your UK tells you to do. I have done marines, mountaineers, amtracks, el biggo bobbos and carriers succesfully as them.

>mods
Depends what you think is best. I like the dockyard mod that removes dockyard caps from ships which makes navy worth building but there are lot of alright mods.
>>
>>1126296
They banned Deus Vult from Ck3
>>
>>1126314
Yeah it feels great to play underdog nations which are actually hard unlike germany. You should try chinks in road to 56, they are great too.
>>
>>1128868
USA and who?
>>
>>1135354
>i myself thought of supply hubs as population centers
That's not what they are though...
>>
Why havent they added food yet, it makes sense to make cut offs simply because they cant hold out
>>
File: 1632828723437.jpg (115 KB, 1280x888)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>1131079
D*nkus is shit, you'd know if you played with him before he blew up (by sucking off TK); he almost always stacked his team with "good" (2k hour meta slaves that can follow a spreadsheet, literally slave "give me all your industry" tier) players, "accidentally" rulebreaks a lot, preferred playing in his own community's shitty unbalanced mod, is toxic as fuck (not chad or normalfag) for no reason, deflects blame when he gets kek'd, and most importantly, almost nothing he has is original; a lot of random catchphrases are stolen from another (dead) guy, a lot of strategies aren't even his own, etc. He's still 100x better than TK skillwise though.
t. MP boomer, don't play it it was solved game by late MTG, died with LRR
>>
>>1138561
he comes across like an asshole in his videos, i just thought it was part of his schtick
>>
File: 1633095521984.jpg (50 KB, 536x550)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
How come everyone is fucking obsessed with this modular bullshit system? Now for planes.
You have one for boats who makes no difference because its easier to make naval bombers and at the end of the day you just make ships as OP as possible with whatever meta strategy you watched on Youtube.
Same with tanks, now with 827361 options, by the way only two are remotely useful.
It only bloats the research tree and makes stuff overly complex for no reason whatdoever.
How about a modular system for the guns the infantry uses? Or for the trains used for supply? Or for what kind of alcohol fuckin Churchill drinks per day in the game?
>>
>>1126091
You're doing some combination of these three things likely
>Not build enough planes
>Using a crappy infantry division
>Not building enough infantry
>Using all your factories on equipment you have huge surpluses for

Do these properly and you can always fight a defensive war indefinitely.
>>
>>1125920
mien nigger. i see these people getting excited over new blob configerations and trees with flavor text. The gameplay is still dogshit.
>>
>>1138814
>Or for the trains used for supply
A railroad game where you design your own locomotives would unironically be amazing, so long as Paradox never touches it.
>>
Is Hearts of Oaks 2 any good?
>>
>>1127158
The Poland tree is so weird, I find it so funny how Paradox doesn't give a shit sometimes
>>1127175
He claims to be an indog
>>
>>1134627
>There's this thing called historic focuses
Those are not historic though...
>>
>>1132975
To be fair, ethiopia is too primitive to have modern ideologies like Fascism and should stick with pre-1900 ideologies like Liberalism, Communism and Anarchism.
>>
>>1134662
I agree that logistics should be more weighted on roads/trains but also I feel like Hubs should be important for big offenses or the like
>>
>>1134817
Yes Tanks should use less supply, perhaps more penalties to Tank supply in areas with insufficient logistics and harsher terrain?
>>
>>1138814
>How come everyone is fucking obsessed with this modular bullshit system
If it was well designed it would enhance historical gameplay and allow for more unique situations.
France with their early heavy tanks, Italy with their anti-infantry light tanks, the unique situation with British tank iterations etc
Basically it could be used to escape Meta bullshit but Paradox are retarded
>>
>>1138960
source?
>>
File: file.png (65 KB, 1197x408)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>1138982
>>
>>1138986
>indonesian poleaboo
>uses alt history boomer lingo
kek
>>
>>1138997
Literally the only people who use the paracuck forum are boomers into alt history, the rest were purged during the Deus Vult cleansing
>>
>>1138986
>major
goddamit, he must be one of the devs using his alt acocunt
>>
no diary today?
>>
>>1139324
Next week, they mentioned the next dev diary was gonna be released in two weeks.
>>
>>1138561
>deflects blame when he gets kek'd
I've noticed this one especially when he decided to 1v1 goldenspatulas in that 1v1 mod tommy used in his tournament. You could even see how overconfident both he and his (and bo's) chatters were at the start because all everyone thinks about is whether you win or lose regular games, and since golden was notorious for losing a lot (more often due to his insistence on meme strategies like navy-focused germany), while dankus was known for winning a lot (due to his strict metafagging), when the cards were actually even many people just thought it'd be a steamroll. But instead, the 2 were trading blows fairly evenly until golden trapped a large part of dankus's army and then dankus surrendered. After that it was all "oh it was 3 am, I was so tired, it doesn't count" and he never 1v1'd golden again.
>>
>>1139361
>>1138561
Multiplayer in general has become total cancer, Dankus is just one of the symptoms.
I played regularly from 2018 to 2022, and back then it was fun regardless how how the game actually turned out. Win or lose, you rarely felt that investing 6+ hours into one game would be wasted because of how gratifying it was to play against other humans instead of the braindead paracuck AI. Of course there always was a meta, but the margin of what would or would not work was much wider, and there was still plenty of room for unique strategies.
Nowadays every MP community has a small clique of fags at its core with a fucking encyclopedia of rules specifically designed to accommodate whatever metabuild they are currently running, so woe to you if you deviate from the excel spreadsheet your faction leader is following.
>>
>>1139455
>2018 to 2022
*to 2020
>>
which is better: specialized division (ex. anti tank division, anti air divison) or combined division (ex. filled with support units)?
>>
>>1139473
Specialized divisions are always better if you can micro them correctly but then again some things are so good like support AA that it's worth putting in basically every division you own. AA is generally worth putting into offensive units regardless if you have air superiority or not because it reduces cas damage anyways and acts as piercing for against the weaker armor divisions. The better your micro is the more you should specialize if you just play on speed 5 and let AI do the talking then just make divisions as generic as possible.
>>
>>1139473
For SP all you need are:
>defensive infantry div (20w, engineers and AA support),
>offensive infantry div (20-40w depending on your economy, with 2-6 artillery battalions plus the usual support companies)
>Mot/Mech for exploiting breakthroughs (20-40w again depending on your eco, think of these as infantry but fast and with armor in the case of mech)
>Tanks for creating breakthroughs (adjust combat width according to eco, supply companies are absolutely essential, always try to keep org above 35. Focus on soft attack tanks to 1941, then switch to hard attack/breakthrough later.)
>>
>>1139505
>20w-40w
Isn't this outdated since NSB changed combat targeting? I run 18w infantry and 21w tanks.
>>
>>1139626
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJjzC-vKB5k
This guy says combat width isn't that important now as long as you're between 15 and 45
>>
>>1125854
Swiss will get a better tree than America
>>
>>1139505
thank you
>usual support companies
which are?
>>
>>1140692
Support Artillery and AA are pretty much required (doubly so if you're a minor), supply is useful for bigger divisions, engineers are good to have for pushing over rivers, medium flame tanks are good to have if you can afford them.
AT is generally not needed against the AI.
Everything else is very situational or entirely useless. Consider also that support companies always decrease your org, so more is not always better.
>>
>>1139473
You're supposed to specialize for hardness (breakthrough division) or terrain (like the mountains), my guy.
>>
>>1128741
I wish he still did that, some of the scenarios were fun. It's literally just him reading polandball comics now, one video a day, for over two years
>>
>>1140692
Put engineers in everything they give great offensive and defensive boost, support Art and support AA to everything you can afford, they are just great. Logistics into everything that isn't just going to stand on a port (those guys have great supply so no need) and there you pretty much go. Add flame tanks to offensive divisions since they grant % based attack boosts. Maintenance is good on tanks as a replacement for the support AA or art (probably the art unless you know you have air in the bag 100%). The rest are pretty meh except in very special situations. defensive divisions don't even need the 5th slot used really
AT is actually good in the same way art and AA are but AA already gives pretty good piercing and AI usually doesn't use tanks and if player is using tanks you need your own tanks to counter them, not just slightly tougher infantry that dies in 1.5 seconds instead of 0.75 so that kinda puts that one into the trash bin
Rocket Arty is also good like arty but it comes so late that it's usually not worth producing but if you do research it feel free to add it into your divisions as you can stack it with regular artillery
MP is alright in the garrison template but it's effect is really just reducing manpower need in exchange of needing more equipment. The tradeoff sounds good until you realize you basically have infinite manpower by just relasing a puppet or something
Signal and Recon sound like they would do something but in practice they don't. The exception is light tank recon which gives infantry armor rating which can work as cheese for instance in China. Recon can be put into light or medium tanks instead of the second art/aa to increase their speed but it's honestly more of a larp.
Hospital is waste of resources, instead of losing and then getting some niggers back, just put in art and win or make more divisions and win
Light flame tanks are also bad, just make mediums or even heavies, only reason for light flames is if you use light tanks
>>
Best support companies?
>>
File: s5n0bd7o8wk51 (1).png (296 KB, 640x337)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>1138366
no they didnt you retarded nigger
>>
>>1131079
Who's the other Slovak guy?
>>
>>1141041
>>1140739
great explanations, thank you
>>
>>1140237
you can restore Confederacy
Switzerland can't
end of discussion
>>
>>1132163
kek. classic paradorks. The AI STILL CANT FUCKING PEACE LMAOOOO! theyre gonna release another DLC and still not even fix the shit they say they are.
>>
>>1135621
dont forget about feedbackgaming. Worst hoi4 youtube clickbaiter and i hope he steps on nails. stupid british cunt is annoying as shit and all his "meta vids" are barely useful. There is one youtube thats smaller that does way better meta vids and is straight to the point but I forget his name.
>>
>>1142449
i dont like him either. his solution to everything is paratroopers. barely even plays the game
>>
File: 20220730222128_1.jpg (1.2 MB, 3826x1080)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
what the FUCK am i doing wrong? why do they not get supplied? they have railways, convoy escorts, supply hubs and they still WHINE!

file: https://files.catbox.moe/hu6j33.hoi4
>>
>>1143570
Use motorized instead of horses.
>>
>>1125854
this game is so stripped clean of features and it's fucking boring
>>
>>1143570
For Ethiopia motorize the hub, it's range over those mountain and jungle shitholes isn't big enough to reach the troops.
For Libya just build a new port at the front, the issue is similar, the hub doesn't have range to go all the way to the troops though motorizing that might fix the situation again.
>>
>>1144865
>features
*meaningful features
The game is like a worse EU4, it's full of feature bloat but few of them distinctly affect the way you play. HOI4's main selling points over 3 and DH are
>expanded division designer
>vehicle designers
>production system
But every player in charge of almost any country will use these tools in the same way because they have simple meta solutions. The game would be objectively improved, even among paradox's much desired youtube audience if those systems were outright removed so they could actually play the game instead of tweaking values in menus. HOI4 is just busywork disguised as new features combined with bad reimplementations of old ones, like how NFs were originally meant to replace events and decisions, and now both of those and back and a fraction of what we had in even base HOI3.
>>
>>1144901
>>1143804
wouldnt motorized divison take even more supply? or because they require trucks the supplies will reach them faster, is that what youre saying?
>>
>>1129869
Yeah, because tank and ship editor added so much to the game...
>>
>>1145551
You click the hub and motorize it, which takes trucks away from you but gives you better and further reaching supply in that hub. Your generals and field marshaps also have a button that automatically motorizes the hubs they use which you ought to be using anyways
>>
>>1145699
i might not have the dlc for that... but motorized divisions solved the problem. thank you
>>
>>1130825
>>1130414
Tommy I felt was better when he did competitive MP, the whole Rhineland first video against Mo was probably his best.
I'd say He, Dankus and 71Cloak are probably the best out there.
I miss Hendway, Wplus and the other timelapsers tho, not particularly high quality but always kinda fun to watch.
>>
Wouldn't it be so funny if Paradox tried to make their game even slightly accurate to WW2 haha, what if hahaah
>>
>>1138327
>What? If you mean the DLC pirate them all, you don't need to own any of them for MP
What's the chance valve starts banning for using CreamAPI
>>
>>1129923
Technically he never played HOI to begin with, he likes to just watch.
>>
>>1130320
I like Taureor, mostly because his videos still feel like how proper Let's Plays watched back in the day instead of going for the modern ISP-style memeshit video. Haven't watched Alex the Rambler or Drew in over a year because I got sick of both of them after a while. ISP is still a guilty pleasure for me because he's one of the few that still make Vic2 videos, but I can see why other people hate him

>>1130413
I can't get through a single one of his videos because the polandball spam is making me cringe too much.
>>
>>1147687
>I can't get through a single one of his videos because the polandball spam is making me cringe too much.
That is more to tell who is who.
>>
Am I too crazy/stupid to never assign frontlines to my troops and micromanage every single army when pushing?
>>
>>1147765
the ai fucking SUCKS at choosing the right place to push so no, youre not. but you also are for not using frontlines. do you even play multiplayer?
>>
>>1147765
Yes because if you don't actually assign a frontline you can't get benefits from planning bonus
>>
I really wish they would show a few historically examples of the planes to show how we should use it.
>>
>>1146550
>release historical focus tree for switzerland
>biggest one ever released, but all foci are calles "Everlasting Neutrality" and do nothing.

Would be kino and still preferable to what parad*x shits out nowadays
>>
>>1147869
I have never played Multiplayer
>>
>buying games
>>
>>1148157
I mean switzerland did a LOT of stuff during WW2 and real life people historically suggested things that were not adopted that could be "alt-history" instead of
>become Alpine Empire defeating France, Germany, Italy and Hungary
>>
With combat width adjustment (not all combat multiples of 20) is the best strat to have heaps of small divisions and micromanage? Is the only downside extra manpower and equipment for support divisions?
>>
>>1148612
Just do 21w everywhere.
>>
>>1148613
lol no
>>
>>1148613
>need to break front line
>available combat width of 18
>fucked even with offensive 10% buff
>>
>>1148612
No, just do 10 for defense and 45 for offense for the same reasons as always
>>
>>1148796
I've been doing ~20 mechanized + light tank divisions with some infantry mixed in for offense, is this why some small nations can be such a slow battle? I also noticed the light armour divisions always seem to take heavy losses though this could be the lack of field hospitals on them.
>>
>>1148850
>why some small nations can be such a slow battle?
I don't understand what you mean by this, the combat width isn't such a big issue, using 20 instead of 45 is like 10% difference in power.

>light armor
They take losses if you make them fight bad fights, light armor has worse stats than medium so unless you stack your modifiers apropriately and use good designs the combat can get extended which then leads to huge attirition losses, up your stats (especially reliability) and make a better template and avoid combat on shit terrain, light tanks one selling point is quick breaktroughs and then exploiting in plains so don't get stuck fighting in mountains or swamps. Of course lights also have lower armor so they can get pierced by even support AA quite easily so watch out for that too. Don't waste equipment and research on field hospitals make more of what ever you are building or air instead.
>>
>>1147765
For infantry it's kind of overkill to micro their Frontline placement, but microing attacks is a good idea since battle plans waste a lot of manpower and equipment on bad fights.
>>
>>1149576
Set on defensive
>>
>>1149044
>I don't understand what you mean by this, the combat width isn't such a big issue, using 20 instead of 45 is like 10% difference in power.
I mean always seems harder for me than what I see online. I think it's just down to me not properly managing supply and org.
>They take losses if you make them fight bad fights, light armor has worse stats than medium so unless you stack your modifiers apropriately and use good designs the combat can get extended which then leads to huge attirition losses, up your stats (especially reliability) and make a better template and avoid combat on shit terrain, light tanks one selling point is quick breaktroughs and then exploiting in plains so don't get stuck fighting in mountains or swamps. Of course lights also have lower armor so they can get pierced by even support AA quite easily so watch out for that too
Right thanks. Seems like medium tanks are a better bet when they're unlocked too.
>Don't waste equipment and research on field hospitals make more of what ever you are building or air instead.
Right. Does close air support ever have diminishing returns or is mostly spamming fighter, CAS and tac bomber mostly good enough?
>>
>Transport planes remain separate thing
For fuck's sake, final thing the dude does at company and he does something stupid like this
>>
>>1149775
>what I see online
Well they are cherry picked examples with good builds, there could be tons of things wrong with your build or the way you micro or plan your fights that cause a difference, it's impossible to diagnose over text but usually pretty obvious in an actual game footage or screenshots

>mediums
They are the golden standard (single player) tank. Lights have their use but mediums just tend to be stronger while heavies are expensive and slow. Just make fast mediums every game every time and you should have no problems.

>Right. Does close air support ever have diminishing returns
Well technically it does since only 3 planes can participate per enemy combat width so if you consistently only use say 2 tanks with total width of 90 you realistically won't ever need more than 300 or so planes. But of course planes can be intercepted, shot down and there can be multiple combats at once so the practical limit of cas is quite high. If you have spare planes you can always just start bunch of infantry v infantry combats and just drain the enemy manpower and supplies that way and of course with the last DLC you can also logistics strike with any idle planes which is pretty strong. As such you can't really have enough cas provided you have enough fighters. Choose between cas and tacs, cas is more effective on the ground but tacs can be used to bomb (ports and airports for instance) and can hit ships much more effectively as well. Usually you want cas on axis and tacs on allies to kill axis subs. Bigger powers like germany or usa could get both but there's big overlap with what they do so better to just pick one and stick with it.
>>
File: 1644120155789.jpg (343 KB, 1432x805)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>1144865
I really miss the battle planner in HoI 3
>>
>>1151015
I never followed my plans but loved drawing them desu. Now we've got an automated battle planner that you can't draw with and doesn't follow the plans.
>>
Thoughts on tank artillery?
>>
>>1151247
SPGs? Not worth the 5 minutes designing and producing it, like everything else that isn't a medium tanks.
>>
>>1151247
As fun as they seem in practice regular tanks are good enough in basically every scenario and they don't need separate xp use and production to use and don't come with big penalties to anything else. The only practical use for them is probably converting your starting lights perhaps most usefully as japan but even then it's basically meme tier.
>>
nigger
>>
>>1150169
Right thanks anon
>>
>>1138814
I like it, and there are definitely different options for tank designs, it's just that most of us cannot help but to try and make the best one. They forget that trying to make a cheap one is also a valid strategy that might be more appropriate for some nations.
>>
>>1139652
Comments says the focus of this guys experiment (penalties for exceeding battle width slightly) is only relevant for offensive pushes where the toughest fighting is. In other words, it's the same as what everyone was already saying, 42-45 width for offensive divisions.
>>
>>1143570
>playing Italy right before the Italy dlc
>>
>>1151260
Aren't heavies better after the supply nerfs?
>>
Am I the only one that hates microing the ships and tanks? Now they're adding plane designer? I just want more trees better trees
>>
>>1152164
I just did too. Felt like I was running an african country desu, but sinking the RN in battleship duels felt great. Also NAVs OP, pls nerf.
>>
>>1152725
If you mean controlling them or designing them, I find the design fun but couldn't be arsed to actually use the navy properly or actually integrate tank designs into my armies properly and just default to one tank every 2-3 years as a generational upgrade instead of actually using the system to it's fullest.
>>
File: 20220122091435_1.jpg (1004 KB, 2560x1440)
1004 KB
1004 KB JPG
>>1152760
I had a fun Italy game going from a couple months ago, I was about to invade India but I got sidetracked with some other stuff
>>
>>1152725
>Am I the only one that hates microing the ships and tanks?
Yes
>>
>>1152725
The designers are nice in theory and responsible for excessive micro in practice like almost everything in hoi4 because are always one or two objectively best options and even the AI is programmed to ditch historical designs and converge on what paradox thinks is the meta as soon as possible. Changing stats around on your tanks in particular is pointless because all they need to do, outside of gamey MP setups, is break infantry fast. Their destructive power comes from movement, not paying +1 IC for a +2 soft attack module to win a battle 4 hours faster. As long as there's an easy and optimal way to build your tanks, the system is pointless. If there isn't an optimal way to build them and you actually need an historically mixed production line of tanks, assault guns, self propelled artillery etc. the system will still be pointless because the battleplan AI is incapable of distinguishing a tank from infantry, much less using them to their potential or e.g. coordinating heavy tank brigades to create or stop breakthroughs and MP players won't bother with it outside of boomer autism RP servers. Not that I want that degree of autism. HoI4 is a really simple game with an identity crises (or a marketing problem), the result is that it has more fake complexity than darkest hour with lots of meaningless calculations everywhere and less actual depth.
>>
>>1149942
It's weird because we could have three different sized transport planes
>>
>>1152725
I work out historical designs and go with those, it could be great, except it's impossible to actually be historical most of the time.
The problem is that the game is fundamentally broken so giving us these options is useless, spam destroyers and HC and medium tanks = win;
>>
File: 1657216360577.png (2.35 MB, 1847x1563)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
>May, 1940
>China and East Indies are secured
>Imperial Japanese high command must decide where to attack next
What's your next move /vst/?
>>
File: 1591301333490.gif (534 KB, 500x391)
534 KB
534 KB GIF
>>1153159
>Their destructive power comes from movement, not paying +1 IC for a +2 soft attack module to win a battle 4 hours faster
>>
File: 20211217100713_1.jpg (964 KB, 2560x1440)
964 KB
964 KB JPG
>>1153301
>>
>>1153301
I'm thinking I'll halt further expansion in the Pacific, and have the Sea of Java, Bismarck, and Micronesia as my operational limit.
India is a richer prize and gets me closer to the oil fields in the Middle East. Troops defending the Burma Road region have already fallen back to well supplied and defensible territory, leaving the british front over extended and under supplied. An organized counter offensive might overrun their position and push all the way to Bengal. Combined with a full scale naval invasion of the south, the entire subcontinent should be liberated in short order.

Should I ally or annex Siam? I could do a collaborationist government operation in the same time as getting the national focuses that lead to alliance.
>>
File: 1651274226650.png (132 KB, 380x496)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>1153231
It's such a bummer how pointless putting together a well thought out navy is. You really don't need anything past 1936 destroyer and cruiser hulls. I've tried to make to use battle ships, min/maxing to rush out some super heavy BB hulls that would be efficient to refit, but even that is a wasted effort.
Maybe if shore bombardment was better. The Yomato had nine 18.1" guns, those are bigger than most railway guns, yet a handful of prewar heavy cruisers will get you the same shore bombardment buff.
>>
>>1153231
Only designs you need:
>heavy cruisers (CA) with lots of light guns for killing screens
>fleet destroyers (DD) with torpedoes, ASW, and ideally AA
>destroyer escorts (DE), cheapest ASW destroyer possible for convoy escort
>light cruiser (CL) spotting ships, refit obsolete CL with seaplanes to use as dedicated spotters
>>
>>1153363
>Only designs you need:
Replace literally everything you said with historical designs and squadrons and that's me.
>>
>>1153423
Example?
>>
>>1153301
>What's your next move /vst/?
Install several royal Puppets in China and negotiate a peace with the Allies for the return of Malaya and Indonesia to its colonial owners for access rights to oil and rubber. The West and South being secured it is time to focus on the Soviet Union.
>>
File: 1656779601654.png (3.61 MB, 1843x1419)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB PNG
>>1153605
Why the fuck would I do any of that? This is the most cucked suggestion ever.
My loyal Chinese subjects adore me, puppets would just introduce graft. The oil and rubber is already mine, giving it away so I can rent it sounds like jewish tricks.
Soviet Union is not my problem and Siberia is a wasteland. If I invade them, it will be through the Caucasus, not Manchuria.
>>
>>1130320
There's actually one russian guy that uses HoI4 as a basis for a story-like videos, usually with some weird premise that somehow works. Like recently playing Vanilla Germany but with focus on navy, barely upgrading the normal tech. Much better than your usual stuff.
>>
>>1153933
VGH... the glorious Kriegsmarine only run...
Ngl that sounds pretty good.
>>
>>1132163
Good one paradox just a peace conferences were somewhat alright and the ai didn´t completely fuck the border you make a new system we are back to square one
>>
>>1153960
I still remember that one 30 minutes vid where he just sat as greenland, spamming subs supporting Germans, but made it look like the most epic shit ever with a tragic twist of Allies nuking his capital in the end. It's weird how actually enjoyable that was
>>
>>1153231
>can't use small cannon for better soft attack + breakthrough because panzer 4s didn't have a second turret
Autism :(
>>
>>1153646
>Soviet Union is not my problem
It's literally right next to you.
>The oil and rubber is already mine, giving it away so I can rent it sounds like jewish tricks.
Malay + Indonesia is another massive population you have to deal with, trading it away for access to the world market is better then waiting to be nuked.
>Chinese subjects adore me
Ahistorical.
>>
>>1131509
i don't really get why he acts like a zoomer youtuber. i doubt anyone watching him is actually the demographic he's going for, because kids don't play map simulators, only old men, racists, and history obsessed autists are interested in hoi4. people who watch him just tolerate his zoomer bait behavior so they can see the map move.
>>
>>1138366
they soon overturned it in fear of angering the fanbase and by popular demand. Remember that was the time when pdx was still led by a womyn.
>>
>>1153301
>no hokushin-ron larp
Finish the Bolsheviks with the spirit of 1905 and reclaim your rightful place as the hegemon of the North.

>>1153423
>>1153231
peak autism just the way I like it. I bet you're also the kind of person who would rename divisions and ships as well for historical accuracy

>>1132163
nu-pdx btfo
>>
>>1134251
>>1134258
Keep in mind that HoI3 was developed when Paradox's marketing and development strategies were much more different and 'tame' compared to what they experimented with CK2 and eventually for all nu-paradox titles with their DLC / "games as a service" model. At least with HoI3 they still cared about delivering a decent, enjoyable and fairly playable game without reaching out to an entirely new and clueless fanbase.
>>
>>1154509
one of the things i hate about hearts of newfags 4 is the fact that the multiplayer boils down to who builds a slightly more exploity division like a heavy tank with (insert specific shit to knock out org but not strength here so the units are forced to retreat). i really wanted a MULTIPLAYER game to play, but after giving it a thorough shot across a few hundred hours to see if i was missing anything, its very subpar. it doesnt help that this game's main multiplayer discord is run by a guy named katten who pedals pedo pictures on his main discord account
>>
File: 1636237429020.png (2.99 MB, 2291x1411)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB PNG
>>1154443
>It's literally right next to you.
You know what else was right next to me? Iran, after I took India. It's now May 1941 and I have energy independence.
>Malay + Indonesia is another massive population you have to deal with
I did triple collaborative government operations on China, and one on the Dutch East Indies. They're working in forced labor camps and they're happy as clams.
Massive population means more conscripts. I need only change political advisors and I can have 2 million additional manpower.
>Ahistorical.
So is Japan winning ww2.

>>1154503
>Finish the Bolsheviks with the spirit of 1905 and reclaim your rightful place as the hegemon of the North.
I think I'll let the Soviets and Germans bleed each other, then conquer them both.
>>
>>1153159
>Their destructive power comes from movement
Look at this moron. Look at him and laugh.
>>
Red pill me on fleet detection.
>do strike groups need surface detection? They're only sail out to engage already detected fleets, no?
>what's the optimal group size for dedicate spotting ships? Split them into groups of 1 to cover the most area?
>any reason to add dedicated spotters into other fleets, instead of keeping them in a separate patrol group?
>>
>>1154558
>spam subs
>naval bombers or medium bombers
congrats, thats all of naval.
>>
>>1154558
A strike fleet doesn't need surface detection, no. yes, they may choose to, depending on engagement rules.

As large as possible, and as fast as possible, with a "never engage" rule.

Sub spotters are good for convoy escort missions.
>>
>>1153991
Now thay sounds like an amazing odyssey.
>>
>>1154546
at this point you can just stop playing, you won
>>
>>1154546
>You know what else was right next to me? Iran
>IRAN IS RIGHT NEXT TO JAPAN
???
>>
>>1154548
It's true outside of "competitive" MP cringe that boils to down to hitting armor/piercing breakpoints and fighting kursk every day. Moreover it's realistic.
>>
>>1154566
After the next expansion it will get so much deeper. You get to add cheap suicide destroyers to fleets since naval bombers won't have any spotting anymore.
>>
how do i beat china? they just have 6 width infantry yet i cant beat them with full 20 width division
>>
>>1154782
Combat width matters less than you think, if they have 4 units of 6 widths and you have 1 unit of 20 width infantry then chances are they are lot stronger especially on the defense. I presume you are japan. You need to use your advantage of having way better air and equipment status in general. Actually make artillery and put it into your divisions so you slaughter the chinks which are always going to be 100% soft. Escalate the war to get rid of your debuf and then activate ichigo for further boost. Use supremacy of the will and your advisors for extra modifiers. Make ligh tank breakthrough units or spread them into your general offensive units to make them unpiercable etc. Lot of things you can do
>>
File: thinking.jpg (42 KB, 539x751)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1155007
i did make artillery but it didnt do shit. i put around 11 tanks and made encirclements sometimes but then they get BTFO after one tile push. maybe i was lacking CAS (i had around 200 in total) but i was also lacking infantry equipment so all my factories were directed there
>>
>>1154566
>he doesn't know about the arleigh burke dp battery destroyer strat
>>
>>1155203
Well you gotta commit to something and always have air superiority since chinese have no AA
>>
>play as german empire
>nobody wants to join a faction because muh world tension is too low
>make anti commie defense pact with poland
>commies attack poland
>poland instantly join the united kingdoms instead of germany
>I send the request for a mutual faction but the poles don't respond
>I decide they can go fuck themselves and deny UK movement through my borders
>the poles actually btfo the soviet union on their own, later on the uk and aussies manage to land in crimea to join in the btfo'ing
>stage a monarchy coup in commie romania
>the new kingdom immediately joins the united kingdoms
man I hate this game and the uk, fuck the gay faction system. also gay diplomacy making it impossible to make a peace deal mid-war.
>>
Haven't really been following the Dev diaries. Are they finally giving you the option to block friendly AIs from using your airfields?
>>
>>1155900
no lol
>>
>>1155984
lmao they really are fucking clueless aren't they.
>>
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/developer-diary-division-commanders-unit-medals.1538205/

New dev diary
>>
>>1156128
I like the idea but I dislike the manual assignment. It feels like spending mana for buffs to make PP feel useful after the war starts, because it's easier than scrapping it and reworking the system altogether.
>>
>>1156128
>Division Planning names
>Division Commanders aren't recruit like base game but instead created after you deploy new division
>Medals can be award with each medal increase the cost and also the different alignment of your country (Fash/Commie/Neutral/Dem)
>Unit Cohesion aka How do you want your front line to be like?
>>
>>1156128
The portraits look nice
>>
>>1156128
>randomly generated generals
The painted portraits of HOIV were a mistake.
>>
>>1156128
>7 years to get a feature as paid DLC that was in HOI3 at launch
People will actually buy this
>>
>>1156454
Imagine how barebones HoI5 will be at launch.
>>
>>1156454
What's wrong with taking features from bad games and implementing them in a non-shit way?
>>
File: file.png (268 KB, 814x312)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
Fucking finally, took these niggers long enough
>>
File: 1517779822258.gif (700 KB, 360x203)
700 KB
700 KB GIF
>paracucks re-introducing divisional-level structures and commanders
whoop-de-fucking-dee, sure didn't see this coming for years and reminding everyone why you should just pirate every single game these fucks publish
>>
>>1156516
>just defund a niche hobby
>then you won't get fucking anything all
Brilliant plan.
>>
>>1156128
>we do not intend for players to micromanage individual actions, rather to manage the macro-level step of choosing when and what to award their units.
they have to know that people are going to do this though. it's gonna be another one of those annoying meta things you have to do in multiplayer, just like grinding generals
>>
>>1153343
Super heavy BBs being a wasted effort is realistic, which is half the problem. The game specifically favors spamming shit and doesn't even attempt to justify some of the more exotic weapons and concepts. Who cares about building a Maus when you could just build lots and lots of light tanks.
>>
We all know that, just like ships, the AI will be totally unable to use the plane designer and will be unable to even contest air control.
>>
>>1156717
The Maus shouldn't even be in the game. But then again, neither should rocket interceptors, coastal defence ships, bicycle troops, camelry, amphibious tanks or AA tanks, yet here we are.
>>
>>1156516
There was no reason to ever switch from Darkest Hour.
>>
>>1156725
>coastal defence ships, bicycle troops, camelry,
These are barely in the game as is, and are fine.
>amphibious tanks
The SU had plenty of these what are you on?
>>
>>1156516
I don't know how to pirate video game desu.
I only know how to pirate video like anime, tv series and movies.
>>
>>1156509
this is literally common sense why would it be a dlc?
>>
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/1-14-release-list.1537206/
>arsenal of democracy is still developed
Wild.
>>
File: 20220112062846_1.jpg (718 KB, 2560x1440)
718 KB
718 KB JPG
>>1154546
I preferred focusing on Oceania after securing China and India
>>
>>1157311
Is this what's coming on the next update?
>>
>>1157433
The next next one. Sounds like 1.13 is next. I've never played it, maybe I'll try it soon.
>>
>>1157417
>pacific war
Do the americans show up for fleet battles yet or do you still island hop with minimal naval opposition?
>>
>>1156146
>I like the idea but I dislike the manual assignment
The way they said it's macro not micro, I bet there will be a notification to upgrade them, probably the same way you have one over generals/field marshals telling you to upgrade them.
>>
File: 20220111211211_1.jpg (920 KB, 2560x1440)
920 KB
920 KB JPG
>>1157438
They lost a carrier and a battleship trying to defend the Philippines, they were afraid to engage me after that
>>
File: 20220113211351_1.jpg (646 KB, 2560x1440)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
>>1157450
They backed off surrendered the Pacific to me after that, I didn't come into conflict with the USN again until I reached the Atlantic and Caribbean
>>
>>1126091
play as germany in 1939 start and try to conquer mainland europe and the soviets.

once youve got that down start playing japan in 1936 start, win the china war (this will be easy) then learn how to use navy since germany never uses it.

after that its basically free reign. youve learned all you need to know. enjoy the next decade of your life being absorbed by this shit game
>>
File: sdkfz_251.jpg (18 KB, 400x317)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1157704
then you move on to mods.
>>
>>1157704
>win the china war (this will be easy)
>200+ hours and still cant beat china before '43
>>
>>1157450
>afraid to engage me
It's more like the AI just doesn't try to replace anything more likely.
>>
>>1156580
>niche
Paradox is a multi-billion dollar corporation, anon.
>>
>>1126091
>>Never really won a war.
Play as Italy until you defeat Ethiopia.
Then play as Spain.
That will give you a crash course in warfare.
After that I would move on to regular games once you have a better understanding of combat.
Though Spain isn't as great of a learning tool anymore since they added that sluggish front bullshit to the Spanish Civil War
>>
>>1157974
You mean that debuff thing on every spanish core that only gets removed with an option every 90 days or something?
>>
>>1157978
No after a certain amount of time all the divisions within Spain get some debuff that makes attacking less effective and I think slows movement, that's why everyone went crazy finding strats that ended the civil war inside of a week
>>
>>1157982
Yeah that is the debuff I meant, you can remove from the provinces after selecting the "planning the offensive" choice, but you can't start more than 1 offensives during 90 days.
>>
>>1157994
Ah right I thought you mean that thing where they have to re-core half of Spain after the war
>>
>>1157961
It DOES, but the AI's build strategy and ship designs are colossally fucked. If you spam mines or subs the AI will literally be unable to stop you.
>>
I think the retard devs forgot carriers exist because there are no dedicated carrier airframes and no carrier-specific modules, which means, what, I can freely transfer any planes of any time whatsoever from airfield to carrier? What is this garbage.
>>
>>1158055
Or maybe you are just retarded, the plane dev diary mentioned there will be a seperate carrier variant of small airframes.
>>
>>1157961
>>1158009
Paradox changed AI naval build strategy to "the meta" with NSB, it will only ever build screens and subs after its initial constructions are complete. These mods improve things by restoring the old behavior and doubling naval build speed.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2644441410
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2618895984
Though the actual reason the US AI gives up the pacific is because the naval strategic AI is simply bad. I just did a Plan Z Germany game and only fought one major fleet battle near Jutland where I sank 2 BBs, after that I could get supremacy in the channel since the AI split up its death stack into bizarre task forces assigned to the south Atlantic and west Med, and the only functional death stack was in south africa while I was crossing the channel.
>>
>all majors and most minors capitulated
>uhh sorry bro you cant start grabbing land until turkey and south africa also capitulate
do they make it possible to start taking states as soon as a country capitulates? fuck having to deal with random rogue divisions and a belgium larger than usa and fucking mexico suddenly getting a claim on egypt and wales for some reason
>>
Haven't played Goy4 in like 2 years. Have they made it harder to win the game or is it still 'build lvl 4 forts on the frontline and wait for the AI to kill itself'?
>>
File: 1654760101240.jpg (119 KB, 780x520)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>1155891
Solution is simple: destroy the UK
>>
File: 70.jpg (103 KB, 750x1000)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>1157963
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_Interactive
>Revenue 1.793 billion kr
>Net income 490.6 million kr
https://www.google.com/search?q=1.796+billion+swedish+krona+to+united+states+dollar
>175,993,193 USD
>48,074,755 USD
It

LITERALLY

is not.
>>
>>1158652
The game isn't supposed to be difficult anon if you take the easy way out.
>>
Why does the AI lack aggression? I play as Germany and leave Europe wide open with no garrisons and there's not a single naval invasion.
>>
>>1158978
u wot m8?

Are their navies dead or something?
>>
>>1158978
Allies are scripted to only start invading later on
>>
>>1158984
Nope

>>1158998
I've never seen an invasion even in 1945
>>
>>1159003
Sounds like a skill issue desu, works on my machine
>>
>playing as USSR
>trotsky assassination keeps failing
>accidentally lock myself out of positive heroism
>have to restart the campaign
Well that's 2 hours wasted
>>
>>1159796
I don't think subtle assassination with the mexican spy you get has ever failed me, skill issue basically
>>
>>1155900
Doesn't the AI always take their planes out if you fill an airfield with your own planes?
>>
>>1159811
I put the Mexican spy though
>>
>>1159819
They more or less do that. Honestly the entire issue of overstacking airports was solved when you can now build airports in your allies lands, like if the AI wants to help their plans that's an objectively good thing and the issue fundamentally arrises from lack of airports not from the AI being tardmode by sending it's planes where they are needed.

>>1159823
Unlucky I guess.
>>
>long-standing lead Dan ‘Podcat’ Lind is stepping down. He will be handing the reins over to Peter ‘Arheo’ Nicholson, the former game director of Imperator: Rome.
Are we gonna miss him or not?
>>
>>1154782
if you are japan you need to power through the combat debuffs from the marco polo bridge incident by intensifying the war in china. Then you need lots of soft attack as they will mainly shit out hordes of inf.

then make sure you have complete air dominance. Early game china can't into airforce and ai probably wouldn't build aa in its divisions even if it could, so even a small number of tac bombers over relevant provinces is a huge boost to combat effectiveness.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.