[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 131 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: total war kino.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Ah, /Total War Attila Thread/.

The eternal bump hitter.

I have seen the end of days. And years from now jannies will say: this is where began the fall of /vst/.

The power of the posters was taken from the many and given to the few. Those who were the unpaid wreath grew wicked with every kind of malice. They were filled with envy and deceit. They pruned and banned.

They betrayed hundreds of posters and deleted the threads they loved.

They did all this and called it just.
>>
>>1108781
best total war game
love it
>>
>>1108781
CRTL+F "Attila"
>>
I could never get into Attila despite enjoyed every other Total War title to some degree. If I start up a campaign tonight, who should I go with? (Only have the base game)
>>
I just bought The Last Roman...did I fuck up, even if it was on sale? Seemed ok until 3 billion "Moors" just appeared in Africa after I reconquered it (Moors? in the 500s AD? huh)
>>
>>1111747
I liked it. Biggest problem is that they put no effort in the Endings. So after spending about 100 ish hours reclaiming the glory of Rome on a shoe string budget you get a generic 3DCG ending.
>>
>>1111744
booting it up now, thanks bud
>>
>>1108781
Just getting into strategy and intrigued by this title. Really dig the gritty atmosphere/time period and unlike Paradox grand strategy battles actually feel like the mean something and not just chasing enemies on the board. Gonna wait til it's on sale tho.
>>
>>1111783
Boy do I have news for you.
>>
>>1111783
Fucking EVERYTHING is on sale rn bro what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>1111783
all games are free bud
>>
>>1108781
Thoughts on the Lombards? Played as the Avars, Westphalians and Cordobans but figured I'd finally play as a proper Christian early medieval kingdom.
>>
I bought it off Steam on sale, and as an old TW fan going back to Shogun Mongol Invasion (yes a noob) I was really anticipating huge pleasure from this. My AMD Ryzen 2950 and Radeon VII with 64 gigs of RAM should crush it rite?

I started the tutorial and mid tutorial it froze up the entire game. Tried many times and it kept freezing. I got a refund.
Here we are and it's summer sale time and do any of you experts know of some fix for this? Is it just the tutorial or is the entire game fucked for me? Is there a downloadable fix/update that could let me play it?
>>
>>1112154
You don't, I have a beast with a 3080 and I still occasionally get frame drops, the game is just poorly optimised unless you follow the ToB optimisation guide.
I haven't as I don't own that one but does anyone know if it works with pirated files?
>>
>>1112159
>Is there a fix/update to improve performance?

Try this:
>Go to C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\scripts and open preferences.script.txt. From there you have to search for number_of_threads 0 and replace that 0 with the amount of threads your CPU has. I have a Ryzen 1700 so I put in 16. If you have, say, Intel 7700, pop in 8. Ryzen 1500 and you can pop in 12 and so forth

This should improve framerate performance and make it stable. There will be the occasional crash when booting it up but once you're ingame, you should be good.
>>
>>1112221

Thanks a lot.

By the way, does Attila have fewer sieges than the other TW games? I'd buy Shogun 2 right now too but the sieges bore me. However auto resolve can wreck your army if you don't micro manage it on a siege so you're pretty much stuck duking them out fortress by fortress.
>>
>>1112315
You got 2 type of siege battles: minor settlement and major settlement. Minor settlement siege is mostly a battle within a town that has no walls (unless the settlement is tier 4 which only comes mid-late game) with maybe a barricade and some sentry towers that you can destroy. Major settlement battles are your traditional siege battle with walls, sentry towers and wall defenses. Both have garrison and some buildings can add units to your garrison.

Each province has 2 minor settlement and 1 major settlement. So you'd have less have to deal with walled cities and more of battles inside a town.
>>
>>1111783
It's on sale irght now, isn't it?

It is a very cheap game.
>>
>>1111747
You're supposed to beat the Moors. It is not impossible, since Justinian's administration will help you defend it.

It is historically accurate, just like the final Goth and Frank invasions that happen once you retake Italy.
>>
>>1112159
Just the tutorial.

No idea what your problem is.

Most players never finished the tutorial in this game (only 6%), mostly because it is a hard tutorial (you're a fucking destitute gothic tribe on the run trying to settle in Rome ahead of the battle of Adrianople) and playing it teaches more and better about the game.

Just play as the Sassanids, as they are the tutorial (and satanic) faction.
>>
>>1111775
Try the Sassanids.

Or just go straight to the main course and do Rome. No two campaigns are ever the same.
>>
>>1112378
Town battles are good. But the Shogun thing with a bunch of guys sitting up in a square fortress getting missiles rained down on them is a bore. I'd rather study C++ frankly.
>>
>>1112392
What the hell is it with TW games having way harder tutorials than the fucking *campaign*? It was the same thing for the first Rome, I must've beaten the GC about three times but never the tutorial.
>>
>>1112392
satanic?
>>
>>1108781
last good tw was shogun 2, but attila was significantly more enjoyable than rome 2 and the rest of shit games released after shogun
I really loved razing mechanics and empty land
>>
>>1112672
The Medieval 2 tutorial is literally broken in the Steam version, King Harold is alive after the battle of Hastings which fucks up the movement tutorial unless you do a trick to run movement points out so the game lets you end turn.
>>
>>1112802
idk what he's talking about, christianity's entire hierarchy of angels was literally cribbed off zoroastrianism

>>1112922
med2 is just broken overall, it's a fine tw if you have nothing else to compare it to but my god.
>>
>>1112084
It's the Milanese experience without the backstabbing or the merchant's guild support of Med2. It's relatively easy considering you're in a nice buffer zone of people you like with expansion and alliance being straightforward into Italy or eastward.
>>
This had great potential but they unfortunately dropped it. A way to mod the map and replace the awful unit upgrade system and some optimisations would've been enough.
>>
>>1115735
my campaign was full of fighting sicily and later on charlemagne

is there a way to ally with both of them?
>>
>>1116090
>is there a way to ally with both of them?
It really depends on their attitude. Some can be allied, some can to be payed off to fuck off and others, well, you got deal with them permanently.
>>
>>1108781
Can I play as the Ostrogoths on this?
>>
>>1113844
>it's a fine tw if you have nothing else to compare it to but my god.
It's not as buggy compared to some other TW titles, the main thing is the two hand bug.
>>
>>1117211
yes
>>
I bought Attila on sale. Played tons of WH1 and 2, Rome 1 and Medieval 2.

Best way to ease into this game? I don't want to get raped since apparently (judging from Attila threads here) it's pretty brutal if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>1117495
A big power like the Sassanids is doable.
A British faction is good for starting as well, nice and cosy on the island.
>>
>>1117495
You can always download the Constantine mod and learn the game through that. It is easier, and you get to relive Constantine's conquests.
>>
>>1117495
Play as the Sassanids if you want an easier time. Once you get rid of the horse fuckers, you get to do the FINAL WAR against the Eastern Roman Empire, which might be easy or very hard depending on how they fared against their barbarians.

The prologue is very hard, only 6% of the players even finished it.
>>
>>1117495
Also, this is a game about managing disaster.

It is supposed to be hard. You are supposed to be broken, on the run, facing multiple invasions, handling civil wars and getting trampled by horse fuckers. It is the end times.
>>
>>1108781
>forget I’m playing atilla
>alt F4 like I do to close most other games
>can’t use my computer for 10 minutes while atilla exe is swallowing razor blades inside my processor
>literally can’t even open ctrl alt delete to shut down or open task manager
>have to hard shut down to use my computer again
>>
Do you guys use any mods and if so, which ones?
>>
File: 1486822979511 spurdo m.png (111 KB, 655x977)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>get attila to run pretty well by using the Britannia pack manager hack for a few months
>mfw it started crashing before/after battles again
>mfw nothing, not even deleting and reinstalling it works
Oh for fuck's sake, why does this game have to be like this
>>
>>1111747
It's a good DLC but it doesn't have the replayability that Charlemagne has. You basically play as Belisarius, reconquer the Roman lands and that's it.
>>
>>1111651
The Sassanids cause they start on the corner of the map, have superb cavalry and archers, and have a ton of subjects to protect them.
>>
>>1117815
Makes it a bit boring don't you agree?
>>1111651
You should go in as a migratory tribe, settle in Iberia or North Africa and ride out the storm, if you play as a gothic tribe you barely have to deal with PO negatives as well. It's doable, even for a beginnner as I did it for my first (warscape) campaign
>>
Fuck this game, somehow jankier than Empire and runs even fucking worse. Actually amazing how they manage to fuck it up so bad.
Only absolute contrarians here eat literal shit and enjoy it.
>>
>>1117503
>>1117509
>>1117513
>>1117516
Thanks for advice.

Next question. Is the goat pen meme real? Just build goat pens?

Need to know what structures to focus on in general. Money, food and sanitation?

Lastly, I noticed the politics screen. Can I ignore it or is there an easy way to manage it? Just make sure I have heirs?
>>
>>1117891
I'm running it on an MSI Stealth laptop. 10 second loading screens and 100 FPS on the second highest setting. Did you make sure to install it on an SSD? I have an M.2 with like 3GB/s read and write.

Or do you have a potato PC?
>>
>>1118075
A potato PC can run atilla much better than new hardware

TW:Atilla came out before windows 10, and from what I’ve seen in the fourms, the newer your computer, and the more cores your shitty cheap processor has, the more crashes you will get.

For rome 2 I’m positive CA has continued to patch it to make optimized on new systems, but atilla was never that popular so the game can only take advantage of 2015 hardware and underutilizes anything newer
>>
whats one of the better ways to start as the horse niggers coming from the east? Ive never had a good start with them and always feel like I'm shitting the bed playing as the huns.
>>
>>1118267
Raze 100% of the world. So keep patient and don't rush the Romans.
>>
>>1117564
We had an entire mod recommendation list but jannies deleted our thread.
>>
>>1118842
What was Attila's fucking problem?
>>
>>1118072
It will help you making more money in the early game while keeping your provinces food surplus, but in the long term your population growth will require you to expand your diocesi capitals.
>>
>>1119322
He was a steppe nigger
>>
>>1119322
>>1119960
>The steppe
>The horse
>The bow
The trifecta that turns man into the wildest, warmoningering, rape craving, pillage inducing demon spawn
>>
>>1117737
Did you do the CPU threads fix as stated by >>1112221. It can be because the CPU overloaded when entering battle.
>>
File: apu-punch.jpg (149 KB, 636x777)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>be sassanids
>invade aksum because reasons
>main aksumite army doesn't attack my invasion force
>swims across to attack eudaemon
>only garrison there to defend
>they land about half their force, I beat it but out of ammo
>the rest of the army then sits in the water not doing anything for 50 minutes while the timer runs out
does this kind of thing happen often in this game? AI just dying mid battle? I got the game on sale so it's my first run
>>
>>1122314
You got lucky.
>>
>>1118842
How do you replenish your armies if you raze everything? Replenishment is so slow in abandoned areas
>>
>>1123383
you can fuse units and recruit new ones to fill your army
>>
>>1123383
guessing you d merges+recruiting new units
>>
You camp and wait a few turns.
>>
Quick rundown on the celts? Which faction has the best unit selection?
>>
not my favourite total war but at least its not a warhammer thread
>>
I tried my first ever migratory campaign and am absolutely baffled. Last time, I played as the Ebdani and just took over the British isles. Was pretty fun. This time, I played as the Jutes, took over Sjaelland and all that shit, then packed my bags as a horde and traveled all the way to the Sahara. In three turns, I captured the city that would be our new home and converted to Latin Christianity (by this point, we were like 57% Lat.Chr.)

But holy shit.
The sheer number of public order penalties I was struggling with were insane. Like:
>-5 Immigrants
>-17 Religious Differences
>-20 Instability (I occupied the city, no looting or sacking, so this was frustrating)

When I was Ebdani and had mixed religious groups, the penalty NEVER got THAT bad.
>>
>>1124312
Christianity is hard mode.

Turns out it is hard to manage a multicultural state while being attached to any framework of higher values. You should've kept being pagan, sadly.
>>
>>1124312
Wait, you actually went to the Sahara province to establish your new region? That's the worst province to start off unless you're the Garamantians. That province is cursed as it's the main region for semitic paganism, the only religion that give massive penalty for religious differences outside of the desert culture factions. You should have took Carthage if only to reduce the religious penalty down to single digit penalty instead.
>>
>>1124856
>worst

It has no enemy borders and has lots of gold, just keep an army fighting rebels forever there.
>>
If i play this game for the first time. How hard are the ostrogoths? Seems like i could just migrate into a part of the roman empire and set up shop in spain or some thing. First time ever playing it
>>
>>1124950
American moment
>>
>>1124856
Ffs that would be my luck. Thanks lad. The other place I was gonna wander down to was Aksum but that was way further and everyone's lands I passed through was declaring war on me so I got anxious.
>>
>>1125048
As a horde you want to fight as many cities as you can, sack them, they'll call you a barbarian anyway
>>
>>1124950
> has lots of gold
What gold? That province has gemstones and that's not making any money unless you start trading. You'll need a port to start trading with someone else too as I doubt anyone around the area would want to trade with you. Too much effort for some shiny pebbles.
>>
>>1119322
He was the first mutt to have power. Half mongoloid turkic and half Scythian aryan.
>>
>>1112392
kek just beat the tutorial. it was literally 5.8 %
>>
>>1125013
No faction is easy besides the Sassanids.
>>
Sassanids being easy is a bit outdated now with white huns rampaging through their vassals at the start of the game.
>>
>>1126787
Im playing the campaign now and i settle in magna gracia. Got the merc onager in dacia. Basically just sacked and liberated my way through the balkans the alps italy and then settle there and converted the greco roman paganism. Is this a good start?? Idk maybe i shoulda went to spain. Ill just keep playing
>>
>>1126922
I do have a save before i settle down and converted. I could stay arianism sack my way to luisitania and settle there and maybe take some of africa in the process and kinda hunker down before the attila arrives. Also it would maybe give more money to settle. As i only settled in magna gracia with 15000 gold
>>
>>1126927
Attila ransacks Gaul, Germania and Italy. If you go down to the Iberian peninsula, you'll only have to worry about silly Britannian Celts and North Africans coming to invade there. It has good fertility and great ressources. Unless you wanna be historical and settle Northern Italy, the safer place is the Iberian Peninsula.
>>
Take your meds, Volound.
>>
>>1127560
Is that the bloke who made that schizo reddit post?
>>
>>1127529
Ahh i played for several hours on my italy save. I also took the islands around italy. Like sardinia and stuff also. ill play for a bit on my other save and see how they measure up on the year 420.
>>
>>1127783
Congrats, anon.

Now remember that Attila's normal mode is Hard Difficulty.
>>
>>1127832
For real? Its medium is rome 2s hard? Interesting interesting. Any mods you recommend? I got a mode that allows one to build religious buildings in petrarch sea regions and one that allows the ostrogoths to upgrade the roman cities. I did see something the

>unofficial attila patch.

Ill check that out but any you recommend for quality of life ??
>>
I tried the settle in spain thing and somehow got btfo. Not a end game screen but who knew rome had three full stacks. After a big ass battle. I basically had no troops left. Feels bad. So i loaded back into the other save. If attila is coming hes coming. Might as well just play this italy save and migrate if needed
>>
GIVE IT TO ME /VST/ GIVE ME THE MODLIST FOR ATTILA FOR THE MAXIMUM COMFY ERE CAMPAIGN

IVE BEEN AUTISTICALLY COMBING THE WORKSHOP AND I CANT BE SATISFIED
>>
>>1129243
A small list that I've used/tested for ERE:

>Bug fixes mods
Get the following:
>Fixed Missing Building Slots
Fixes the missing building slots in cities that misses slots
>StartPos AddOn for the Unofficial Attila Community Patch
Fixes problems that the community has found
>Athanasios' Attila Ultimate Fixes
A mod that I follow

>Aesthetic mods:
>Eastern Rome by agrez
Make ERE units look slick
>Olympian Campaign Camera
Adjust camera in campaign to zoom in closer and out further
>Olympian Battle Camera
Allows you to go up close and far away on the battlefield
>Natural Water Mod
Makes water look like sea water instead of swimming pool water

>Buildings mods:
>Pigs, Slums & Palaces
Get camels farms and vegetable fields for food diversity. Also gain commerce building Cattle trader to gain more money from agriculture but no food bonus,

>Nice to have mods:
>No Legacy Tech Loss mode
Do you want to lose Aqueducts, Theaters and Libraries in your research? No? Get this mod.
>Climate Change Changed
Do you fertility to make a comeback in the late game? Do you want snow to stick where it belongs? This does the trick

>Rich Byzantine bribes mods
If you want to make paying 100$ to people to fuck off more effective and often, get this: >Reasonable Diplomacy
>>
>>1129550
Based
>>
In the past threads people were talking about a Dark Ages Constantine mod. Is that still around? Can't find it on the workshop or google.
>>
>>1130053
Idk about that but theres age of justinian 555 ad and then another one called 634 ad rise of islam fire. Those are the only dark ages mods i can think of
>>
>>1130065
Was specifically speaking about this >>1038453 post, mentions
>Dark Ages Series
>- Constantine (great to learn the game)
Just wondering because a Constantine start does sound baller
>>
>>1130068
Idk anon sorry. there is a age of constantine mod for rome 2. Pretty sure theres that one

But i got those others wrong

634ad fire and swords""

640 ad rise of islam "'
>>
>>1130072
Well that sucks because Rome 2 sucks. Thanks for the answers though.
>>
>>1130075
Could always try age of justinian 555ad. I heard fhat one is pretty good
>>
>>1129550
Does this legacy tech mod also let you recruit other units besides having a army composed of elites late game?
>>
File: Spet xyon.png (3.85 MB, 1920x1080)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB PNG
hephtalites are cool
>>
File: 1633844131163.jpg (181 KB, 1173x1777)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>that moment when you levy an army to repel an invasion but it's all in vain because your garrison manages to massacre two stacks by itself
Ah yes, the quintessential WRE experience
>>
>>1130328
>it's a "your troops go from full morale to broken to shattered in about 10 seconds while the enemy's troops can break and then rally 5 times in a row"
Ah yes, the quintessential early game Rome experience.
>>
File: ottomans_no_more.jpg (1.4 MB, 2560x1440)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
Crushing the cockroaches before they become too big.
>>
>>1130365
Based what mod is this??
>>
>>1108781
Can you levy elite units from puppet states and nomadic hordes, or is it limited to basic units? Never been able to recruit any advanced ones from other factions, but I can't tell if that is a set limitation on recruiting foriegn units or if the units you can recruit from other factions is based on the buildings in their settlements.
>>
>>1130371
It's 1212AD.
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1431386494

With this UI mod.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2742235703&searchtext=ui+thrones

Oh and also these two mods for Nicaea.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2725448686&searchtext=nicaea
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2725461989&searchtext=nicaea
>>
>>1130383
Thanks brother
>>
>>1130326
>Spet Xyon Archers

Really makes me want to go White Huns legendary.
>>
Alright, time for my yearly Attila campaign, was thinking about playing one of the Desert kingdoms. Should I play the kangz, Jews or Tanukkhids?
All three will mean me expanding into Egypt/Levant and coming into conflict with the Persians lategame. Which would be the most interesting campaign?
>>
>>1130651
Kangz and convert to Orthodoxy, relieve the legacy of King Kaleb and conquer the Himyarites. Then retire to an abbey and spend the rest of your life without seeing a woman.
>>
How is ancient empires bros?? And whats some good sub mods for it?
>>
>>1131248
It's a jankier DEI. It has potential but progress is slow.
>>
>just won with kingdom of asturias

it was easier than expected, even on legendary.
>>
Whats with the traits in this game?? My general wins a few battles

>arrogant

Then randomly

>out of favor

And all ive been doing is kicking ass and taking names. Now hes go like no fuckin ability to get influence

Also killing attila was easier than expected did it before 432. Defeated him once with his full stack. then it was just his generals unit trapped. Defeated that 3 or 4 times. Killed him. He comes back beat him one time. Got hes just a man. Killed him in two turns

>>1131997

Im gonna try it at some point and the supply system is optional thats cool. Hated that about dei. The player has to abide by it and the ai doesnt.
>>
>>1131248
>>1131997
>>1132259
Isn't A:TW terribly optimized compared to R2:TW?
Playing with 400 soldiers per unit in Ancient Empires really brings it to it's knees in sieges.
The pathfinding is just so bad the game runs insanely slow.
Its not that it has low FPS, it just slows down literally
>>
>Get a mod that turns off Climate Change

Wow, I can actually play this game now
>>
>>1132452
Just build fishing jetties and goat farms. Lol and if youre barbarian the granery in the main city settlements

>>1132411
Idk anon i havent played it yet
>>
>>1132411
>>1132541
My bad i thought you were asking if ancient empires was badly optimized. But uhh attila works on my machine bros
>>
>>1132452
FILTERED
>>
>>1132452
>He doesn't migrate to Yemen.
>>
>>1132452
>Just remove a unique main feature that makes the game a survival strategy game

Clearly, you haven't seen Slavs with Mokosh.
>>
>>1134367
>survival strategy game
meme buzzwords
>>
>>1134757
>Major objectives given in-game: Survive until 4XX AD.
>Win condition required: Survive until 425 or 450 AD among many other things.
>Just a mere propagation of ideas

Do you even play the game?
>>
>>1134781
>press end turn until X
>survival strategy game
>>
>>1134367
>survival strategy game
I dont play TW to play a survival game, I play to play an empire building game. Attilas Climate change is the biggest design mistake in what wouldve been an amazing historical title.
>>
>>1132452
>>1134925
>getting filtered by climate change
lmao just build goats/camels instead of wheat and build fishing docks.
>>
>>1134951
Ok then the AI is getting fucked by climate change and is worthless.

Remove climate change and holy shit the AI actually functions on the campaign map now.
>>
>>1130374
I think so, it's just that the AI not always builds the necessary buildings to train them. I love recruiting hunnic horse archers as the Romans
>>
>>1134972
Climate change makes them have an algorithmic incentive to invade you and take your fertile lands.

If that ancestral reason for migration is too unrealistic for you, please consider another game.
>>
Does anyone have a dlc unlocker for atilla. Especially creamapi.
>>
>>1135380
Buy their game.
>>
>>1135248
is low fertility also what seems to prevent the ai from re-colonizing razed cities? My map has been 60-70% barren for most of the campaign and it's my only real grip with the game
>>
>>1135961
I think that has more to do with money (recolonizing is expensive) and with ai priorities. There's mods for both things
>>
have they talk about about some optimization for patch 2.0 or are we gonna have horrible performance in the map during inmortal empires?
>>
>>1137065
whoops, ignore this
I made a mistake
ironic considering attila suffers the same performance issues
>>
>>1135248
>too unrealistic
If Egypt and Southern Italy becoming deserts isn't unrealistic to you I'm not sure what to tell you.
>>
>>1137874
Just get the mod where main sanitation buildings improve fertility. That way you don't have to outright remove the mechanic.
>>
>>1132452
>disable main feature of the game which drastically screws its balance and design
>heh I am so smart
There also a mod to make tier3 cav lose to t1 dirt archers, you should try it
>>
>>1138234
>Just get the mod where main sanitation buildings improve fertility.
That one sucks because it effectively allows you to increase fertility beyond the starting levels in many provinces until the final level of climate change hits in 445. As it stands, just turning it off is the best way because it fucks over the AI way more than the player and the AI in this game is way too timid anyway even without constant food shortages throttling its offensive capabilities.
>>
File: 1550528297518.png (1.41 MB, 990x1074)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>1108781
heading to teh store, Starting a new game and playing all night one im back. Havent played in a while but have an enormous amount of time in the game.
Thinking Caledonians. Theyre one of my favorites.
>>
>>1119322
he had germ blood
>>
File: polarbear.gif (91 KB, 200x200)
91 KB
91 KB GIF
Why did Attila filter so many people?
>>
>>1139234
Post Rome 2 butthurt
Shit performance
Unpopular period
>>
>>1139234
People are plebs, color me surprised.
>>
>>1139234
work like shit, post r2 burn out
>>
>>1134781
>win
>keep hitting end turn until the timer runs out
>>
>>1108781
main theme is amazing
>>
Why the hell are the Celtic tribes so aggressive and expansionist in this game? I feel like half the games I play either the Ebdanians or Picts or both eat up huge swathes of Western Europe. Annoys me to no end and so far I haven't really found any mods that fix this.
>>
>>1139234
Rome cucks got filtered by facing actual cav which worked how cav supposed to work.
>>
>>1134367
Slavs are shit faction because they have no cav. Take alans, migrate into slav lands by turn 10, convert into slav religion, enjoy 5 ferility everywhere with an actual fun and powerful unit roster.
>>
File: ugsarit.jpg (121 KB, 700x393)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>1140227
Humbadi humbadi hungadi humbabumba
>>
Anyone else really dislike the amount of garrison troops? I like the Roman amounts where it's 5/6 units but the Persian towns get > than a half stack (although most units are trash).
I wish it was 4/5 units with added units if you build the garrison building.
>>
>>1141100
Say that to my face, not online, see what happens.
>>
>New campaign, WRE on legendary
>Managed to stabilise europe
>Got Attila to jon the war against the sassanids that have been wrecking the ERE
>ERE decalres war against me
You fucking idiots, we were SET.He'll be busy there for the next ten years at least. How can the AI be this braindead?
>I have a one-front war that I'm losing horribly, whatever could be the solution? Oh I know, make it a two front war and lose my most valued trade partner!
>>
>>1141509
Pretty sure the game will just have strong factions semi-randomly declare war on you whenever you've been at peace for too long. Had a similar thing happen to me in my current WRE game (Age of Majorian mod), three factions just randomly declared on me in one turn, two of which I had a trade agreement and good relations with, after I had been completely at peace for like 7-8 turns prior.
>>
>>1141601
I think I just had too many treaties with the huns (got them to fight suebi, alamans etc.) because the ERE declared war in the same turn that I got the huns to fight the sassanids. You get a diplomatic penalty with the ERE for making treaties with the huns, even if ERE is very friendly with the huns.
>>
>>1141746
But were you still allied to the ERE?
>>
>>1141774
Yes I was, I joined the war against the sassanids so it wouldn't break the alliance. We had a trade agreement too.
>>
>>1141982
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Normally the AI wouldn't DoW you through an alliance or non-aggression pact. Even if your relations were in free fall they'd at least break the treaties they have with you first. But when the game "feels" that there isn't enough action so to speak it'll just have another strong faction go to war with you immediately, consequences be damned. At least Attila isn't as retarded about it as TWW2 though.
>>
>>1140808
wait, what exactly is different about attila's cav? maybe it's been too long since I played r2 (and I never played it much) but it feels kinda... normal, I guess? was r2 any different?
>>
>>1142232
Charge boni get pretty crazy in Attila, allowing even relatively weak cavalry to absolutely demolish most infantry units if they can get a good charge in. Also the AI is actually pretty decent at using it for once.
>>
>>1142021
Wow that's extra retarded. I guess it keeps things interesting at least, although I managed to get a peace treaty not too long after
>>
>>1142232
Cav actually does a decent amount of damage on the charge.
Isolated infantry units will usually get destroyed by cycle charging cav.
It still has the same issue as Rome 2 where you absolutely cannot pull your cavalry out of the engagement unless you have infantry to cover them or the unit is routed as you'll lose most of your models attempting to pull out otherwise.
Cav is arguably overpowered in Attila but it does get hard countered by spears and pikes at least.
>>
>>1117737
delete the Attila folder in your %appdata% directory, bur remember to back up your save files beforehand
>>
>>1132452
nigga just build goats in every province, that isn't rich fertility initially
>>
>>1143259
>playing b*rbarians
Also, as other people pointed out, climate change mostly just fucks over the AI.
>>
File: 1637062761455.jpg (34 KB, 431x455)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Anyone playing the 642 mod? Are the Gokturks supposed to be like the Huns in normal Attila? I'm playing Persia and after wiping their last settlement off the map they started spawning an annoying amount of hordes out of seemingly thin air.
>>
>>1132200
>be a small christian faction
>there's an active islam presence in the peninsula by small factions and the superpower cordoba
>you can hardly form alliances with the islamic nations
>even with christian factions, it's race to conquer territories before them

asturias is such a good campaign
you are forced to a divide and conquer strategy and you have to actively fight cordoba to be able to form temporary alliances with islamic factions
liberating factions, razing territories, forming alliances, picking of one-by-one your old allies and in the end you are the good guy, the savior of christianity
asturias is a top notch campaign
>>
>>1143564
Well, they even get the same "Attila is born" event for their Khagan, so I'd assume so.
>>
Of all the cheating AI factions the suebians are the worst by a large margin. How can they field 4 full stacks of spear masters with 3 regions? How is this balanced? These fuckers don't even waver with 10 men left in the unit.
>>
>>1142872
>overpowered
>hard countered
pick one

Then again, I just beat the Belisarius campaign and learned the hard way that even light lancer units will apparently eviscerate front line melee infantry units. Started off thinking I could make my line of late roman sword infantry like back in barbarian invasion. Turns out that unless you cover the front of your army with a line of spears the AI will just charge it and fuck your shit up.
>>
>>1142872
>>1144738
I'd say hard counter is a bit of strong word here. Yes, spear units can slaughter cavalry but only if
1) they get frontally charged by them while having remained stationary themselves or
2) they can bind them in a prolonged melee.
So unless you have cavalry of your own to prevent the enemy's cavalry from just running circles around your battle line or are fighting them in a tight space like a siege, spears aren't actually that dangerous to cavalry units.
>>
Do you guys use skirmishers in your armies? I'm allergic to the very idea because I have thousands of hours in the original rome, but I've noticed that in this game they often cause unacceptable casualties to my armies. I end up using my own archers or slingers to snipe javelinmen whenever possible before closing in.

Are they worth it?
>>
>>1145584
They deal fucktons of damage if used properly but can also deal fucktons of damage to your own guys if you just let them stand around and fire into combat from behind. They're kinda finicky to use and so I usually just ignore them in favor of more cavalry for hammering.
>>
>>1145586
>He doesn't move his archers around his spear line once engaged and point blanks the enemy from behind with whistling shot.
>>
>>1145621
Good luck doing that against steppe niggers with their 75% cavalry stacks.
>>
>>1145586
>but can also deal fucktons of damage to your own guys if you just let them stand around and fire into combat from behind
Yeah, yesterday I wiped out 2 units of my own skutatoi spears by letting regular skutatoi stand behind them on fire at will. Thankfully the langobard infantry defeated themselves against my testudo line anyway.
>>
File: 1649418154500.jpg (45 KB, 500x598)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>finally advance the tech tree far enough that my troops aren't mostly absolute garbage anymore
>it doesn't matter because I'm already the #1 hegemon anyway
Why must TW game be so lopsided towards early difficulty...
>>
>>1145911
Been there, this pushed me back to Shogun 2, at least realm divide can fuck the player there
>>
>>1146128
Realm divide is just about the worst and laziest attempt at fixing this and I'm still amazed anyone thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>1139234
Its a survival game and not a strategy game. If they didnt make the retarded Climate Change decision the game would be a 10/10
>>
>>1146136
Meh, its the only TW that can give a challenging mid-late game because of it so that gives it some brownie points
>>
>>1146159
how is it not a strategy game? just because (for some factions) the objective is survival rather than map-painting doesn't mean it's not a fucking strategy game

even the belisarius campaign, where if you fuck up like I did you might end up running away from the AI for half a dozen turns in a row with the tattered remnants of an army, only to then spend 40 turns building back up and try again, is still a strategy game.
>>
File: Legend Rome map.jpg (496 KB, 2057x1161)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
Have a campaign posting. Currently doing a legendary WRE run right now. I must be very lucky not to have lots to worry about so far.
>Get good relations with Alamans and Franks from their leader traits.
>No need to worry south of the border, all of them are passive or defensive.
>Britannic Celts mostly staying in their corner
>Quadians kicked out of their home
>This gives me breathing space to prop up the economy
>Only thing to worry are horde raiders, endless rebellions and the eventual arrival of the Huns

Mind you, it's quite early in the game.
>>
File: Diplomacy.jpg (415 KB, 2055x1155)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>1147782
Diplomacy wise, I was amazed to start with everyone that like me. I got a trade agreement + NAP with all of them, made a few friends with marriage or money. The trade helped prop up my income while the NAP secures my borders for a good while. Much later, I got Franks and Alamans as allies.

>tfw your historical enemies likes your empire and wants to befriend you as an ally.
>>
>>1147794
I would still be very careful and secure my border up north. I'm pretty sure the ai gets triggered to declare war on you, regardless of relations. And then you're gonna have real issues, especially with the suebians and the visigoths so far inside your empire.
>>
>>1147857
No worries. I've build garrison encampment in Dalmatia, Pannonia, R&N, Belgica and Maxima Sequanorum. Hell, I've build garrison building in Liguria and Venetia for the upcoming hunnic invasion.

As for the hordes, I can massacre 2 stacks of Visigoths horde with a 6 unit army+garrison as I've done that before in the opening turns of an ERE campaign. The Suebis, I'll revisit the Yrridan video of how to defend Caesaraugusta with just the garrison.
>>
File: 1657655647471.png (416 KB, 500x737)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
>>1148138
>I'll revisit the Yrridan video of how to defend Caesaraugusta with just the garrison.
>>
>>1146176
Ok fucknugget fine, its survival/strategy

which is still a shit genre.
>>
File: 1646076454084.jpg (44 KB, 488x654)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>1148181
>its survival/strategy
Only for the first couple turns. Afterwards it becomes pic rel.
>>
>>1148196
>Only the first couple turns
By the end of the game the entire map becomes infertile with the exception of the Italian Peninsula.
>>
>>1148200
>he doesn't disable the nonsensical and ahistorical climate change
>>
>>1148213
Thats literally what this argument is about anon,

Thats what I do
>>
>>1148215
The argument for disabling climate change isn't actually about how the player handles it though. It just completely disables the AI outside of a few factions.
>>
>>1148219
Then why are you arguing for it if you are against it?
>>
>>1148220
I'm arguing in favor of disabling it because climate change cripples the AI and the AI is already not exactly great to begin with.
>>
>>1148221
Huh,
thats dumb
>>
>>1148321
Why? Do you like the AI just rolling over and dying because it's constantly starving even after downgrading most of its buildings?
>>
>>1148324
Nevermind im dumb and misread your post.
>>
>>1147782
How do you make that much money?
>>
File: worry.png (3.21 MB, 1920x1080)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
I tried playing Charlemagne the other day and got bodied by how the Saxons take everything east of Flanders, since your garrisons start at 10 men in a unit and you can't recruit anything other than spearmanii, leaving the rest of your kingdom at -20 public order turn on turn 10
I'm going to restart, ignore construction, secure Ghent, and make sure Charles and Roland have proper armies before making half-hearted attacks into Aquitaine.
Really hate those cities that are split with Carloman so you've no way of opposing the basic -10 tax public order malus
>>
>>1148500
Reject Christianity return to Graeco-Roman Paganism
>>
>>1148504
It's still Christian thou, you can see the cross icon on the top
>>
>>1148526
I'm saying he may have just dismantled all the churches because they cost a fuckton of money.
>>
>>1148500
As >>1148527 said, I've destroyed all churches and baptistries except the one in Rome to save money. I use Rome as the point to spawn priests for religion and public order.

Other things I did to make money:
>Convert plenty of ports to fishing ports or if the province is rich in soil, trade ports.
>Built Thermaes as they give money in addition to sanitation
>Built sheep farm in most provinces that are rich/good soil as you can break even on food production in most cases with just sheeps(yes, I'm also taking into account when fertility goes down the shitter).
>Very early on, built up the olive and wine production building as I had lots of trade partners.
>The early military tech "Hereditary Service" that reduces upkeep by -10% on all infantry

Word of advice: focus a lot on improving the western isles, Magna Graecia and Spain. They can print money as they don't get focused on. Just keep rebellions as minimum and you should be then able to field an army when the time comes.
>>
What's the best faction for a radious campaign?
>>
>>1149857
>radious
Don't.
>>
>>1148200
>>1148213
I just add mod that modifies waterworks as form of irrigation for civilized (Romans, Sasanids) factions.
This way you have an actual benefit for stopping the religious reforms (unless you disabled this fucking stupid fedora meme) to create a fertile food production centers.
>>
>>1149933
That one just gives too much advantage to the player early on.
>>
>>1149898
Y not? Workshop page looks fine.
>>
File: 1651352243986.png (252 KB, 679x529)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>1149948
>Workshop page looks fine.
>meanwhile, the workshop page
Anyway it's just pointless bloatshit like all radious mods
>>
>>1108781
So white huns can't settle? Not really a problem, I love the whole genocide the persians thing just thought it would ne funny to settle in mesopotamia
>>
>>1149952
Don't care, didn't paypal them, didn't patreon them. Just there to download a mod.
If the problem is just bloat that's fine, after 300 hours I'm a bit done with vanilla.
>>
>>1150286
Why not play a good mod then? Attila has quite a few of them, no need to waste your time with radious shit
>>
>>1150471
Not him, but what exactly is wrong with Radious? I've been thinking of downloading it too.
>>
>>1150553
It's literally just bloatshit. His mods never really do anything beyond adding a bunch of redundant or ill-fitting shit into the game. Feel free to play it of course, but I'd just not waste my time on it when Europa Perdita/FotE, 642/634 AD, 1212AD and a bunch of other good mods exist.
>>
>>1150592
I already played 642 and 1212, quite enjoyed some campaigns in there. Just haven't touched vanilla overhaul mods, I'll try FotE.
>>
>>1150769
FotE+EP just goes full retard near the end, when climate change hits.
>>
>>1150553
makes the game far too easy for example rome has way easier time with money so you can afford armies at the start to stop rebellions, as hordes they get so much population from sacking that you end up with lots of stacks early and game becomes too easy. with the lower turn upkeep it makes factions like saxons ridiculously easy as you just overwhelm where normally you'd be struggling. however it finally gives incentives to build the otherwise overpriced elite units
>>
>>1108781
> 1212
> Invest hours into campaign, now in mid-1300s
> retarded vanilla "climate change" event hits and ruins the campaign by basically removing ALL food and attritions all armies to death
Is there a mod or some shit that can remove it without restarting campaign? I got really invested into this one and don't want to restart it over this shit.
>>
>>1152753
Zero climate change can still be activated mid-campaign
>>
>>1150769
The only thing that bothered me in FoTE were the fuckhueg garrisons.
>>
How do you manage public order? I feel like expanding in this game is incredibly slow.
>>
>>1153397
You don't, that's the trick.
Let them rebel, move an army into the town they rebelled next to, get the +20 po bonus for the next 6/7 turns and then beat them up.
>>
File: 20220808223146_1.jpg (636 KB, 1920x1080)
636 KB
636 KB JPG
i dont think i can play as charlemagne
>>
I just installed and played Attila for the first time in years. Jesus Christ the main menu theme is amazing. Why the fuck did people hate Richard Beddow again? I remember /twg/ hating this guy when they still talked history. But then again /vg/
https://youtu.be/vklulHtlDr0
>>
>>1154817
Because that's the only memorable track that he's made. It's a great piece, but it's not the same

On another topic, I like Attila's political system, despite how abstract it is. The offices are kinda tedius, but having a strong family is a noticible asset that you can notice between campaigns. It also has some immediate effect, unlike how realm management is often slow and burdened by your purse
>>
>>1154817
I don't really hate Beddow. He's just not Jeff Van Dyck with his more intense and grander sound, making more a memorable soundtrack.

But this theme is actually carried by the Mongolian throat singer/horse fiddle player that worked with Beddow on this. I believe his name is Bukhu Ganburged.
>>
>>1111747
>moors dont exist they just called it mauretania for no reason
>>
How is Terminus Imperium? I like the idea of starting with a small Roman region instead of half an empire but I haven't found anything about how well or badly balanced it is
>>
>>1111747
>Moors? in the 500s AD?
Moors means Mauri means Berbers/Amazigh, who had nomadic communities there since Carthage existed. Just because they haven't been ARABED or stopped eating pork doesn't make them not Moors.
>>
>>1108781
>Mods keep deleting all the Attila threads
>Last post 2 days ago
Mods aren't deleting it, it's getting dropped because nobody cares about histfag shit
>>
>>1158951
How about you just stick to one thread for your shitposting?
>>1158952
>>
>>1158951
>>1159139
Nobody is dropping the thread.

The previous thread had 200+ posts when jannies decided to delete it because Attila threads were so popular that they were becoming generals.
>>
Can hordes have vassal states?
>>
>>1159886
yes
>>
>>1111540
Barbarian Invasion is better simply by not being on the shitty awful Warscape engine. Also it's way more moddable.
>>
File: Ostrogoths ded-min.png (1.35 MB, 2048x1152)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
Legendary Rome here. Year 400 rolls around and the Ostrogoths are finally gone for good. The Huns will start the blobbing within the period so I'm rushing Large Onagers and building defense in Italy. Hopefully, I should be ready for the coming end now.
>>
>>1111747
you can just make peace with and ignore them lmao, that's what I did - ran away to Sardinia, retook Italy, then went back to deal with he Visigoths and African separatists that had taken over from them
>>
Is there a mod which expands vassals, IE being able to transfer land to them, them not randomly declaring war on you when a nation halfway across the world declares war on you and they get auto called in which they decline.
>>
>>1160631
I don't think so, but at least there's MAGA Region Trading for feeding some land to them.
>>
is there any total overhaul mods for Attila that doesnt change the time period (like DEI for Rome 2 I guess)
>>
>>1163024
Fall of the Eagles & Europa Perdita
>>
>>1163028
oh shoot, thanks. just what ive been looking for
>>
>>1163039
Just beware the stupid 'Empire Divided'-like event near the end of the game.

I was almost beating Europa Perdita when suddenly the game decided that every single nation subdued by me and with good relations was working with the huns all along and backstabbed me. I lost all provinces I had reconquered for the WRE and was fighting wars + civil wars all around the map.

That event is bullshit and just makes the decision to raze everything the most sensitive option.
>>
>>1163963
>Realm divide in Attila mod
That adds a new layer of pain and suffering which also fits the game.
>>
does anyone even buy the most elite units? i feel by that point theyre just not worth it unless ive been doing economy wrong
>>
>>1167006
It depends. I do take them if it's worth it or not. Take WRE units for example:

>Herculiani Seniores
An definite improvement vs the Legio Comitatenses. You get Heavy Spatha +14 ap dmg out of 50, Encourage aura and better melee stats. I take them as they can make the difference.
>Elite Palatina
They deserve to be called Elite Palatina. Heavy Spatha (+14 ap/50), Rapid Advance, Shield Wall vs infantry, Mobile Testudo for Archers, Disciplined, fast moving. Sure, they got leather armor and meh melee defence but they got 62 MELEE ATTACK! With Heavy Spatha and mobility, they'll shred any infantry. Very useful vs smelly barbarians
>Ravenna Elite Ballistarii
+10 reload (still shoots 3 times a minute), +2 ammo, Encourage aura and slightly better stats to survive vs Elite Ballistarii? For what,115 gold extra? What a waste of money.
>Noble Foederati Javelinmen
Relatively similar as skirmisher like the Excucatores. However, the melee part of the NFJ is surprising decent as a support spearmen instead of weak swordsmen. Problem is that they cost 610 base upkeep, more expensive than Large Onagers at 600. Excucatores only cost 255 upkeep for reference. Only use when I'm feeling I can afford some of those very late.
>Scholae Palatinae
A very decent upgrade vs the Equites Promoti. Both can charge and counter cavalry alright but the SP can defend itself relatively well. (Now if only SP can upgrade to Tagmata Cavalry or something like the ERE...) Still would use SP in the late game for durability.
>Scholae Gentiles
I think it does the job of being shock cavalry. The only advange is higher melee defense if they get stuck in combat. They are better alternatives but they're not available for the WRE.
>>
>>1154817
>Why the fuck did people hate Richard Beddow again?
He's inconsistent.
His Attila score is just great while Warhammer games OST is fucking snooze.
>>
>>1154817
Beddow is more generic sounding
>>
Are Attila fans just Rome 2 fans in denial?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (6 KB, 190x265)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1170615
Rome 2 is absolute baby-tier garbage. No love and no attention to detail. Subtle things like sickly armies having soldiers vomiting during the battle and feeling nauseated would never make it to rome 2.

Attila was born love, darkness and despair.

Both games have nothing alike.
>>
>>1170615
yes kek just look at >>1170615
acting like it's anything but a supersized expansion pack for R2
>>
>>1135961
AI have the recolonize thing turned off, you gotta download a fix on the steam workshop to make them do it.
>>
>>1171062
Attila runs on the same shitty engine with the same limited modding and boring samey factions
>>
>>1173440
Name me a historical TW without samey factions
>>
>>1170615
Yes, the autistic hate for Rome 2 nowadays must be bordering on irrationality when people who like Attila of all games still manage to find reasons to whine about it and ignore that they're extremely similar.
>>
>>1167006
They look cool of course I use them.
>>
>>1173871
its just good old fashioned contrarianism
>>
>>1173794
shogun 2
>>
File: 274.jpg (173 KB, 800x1200)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>1120033
>Gothic tribes
> YAAAY RAPING AND PILAGING IS SO COOL!
>hears throat singing behind
>gets mauled so badly that runs to a fucking Spain only to be finished by arabs
>>
>best mechanics
>ugliest game in the series
>>
Is there a saturation mod or bright colorful reskins? Every time I go to the workshop everyone is trying to make it look GRITTIER and EDGIER and BLOODY and GREY as if the game wasn't already like that by default
>>
>>1177829
Rome 1 and Medieval 2 mechanics shit all over Attila's, they're on a much better engine as well
>>
>>1178567
None that work
>>
>>1178567
I don't know. Maybe the ones that it look like Rome 2 or something.
>>
>>1148502
>>1154591
>hire a general+mercs to defend the town the Saxons attack on turn 1.
>build up your two armies in the south's numbers, for a turn or two, then attack
>destroy Aquitaine and the other one before going after the saxons.
>recruit general in settlements that are about to rebel, Guard cavalry will win you every rebel siege assault.
>do not punish Charlemagne's daughter for being a whore
>once the initial wave of rebellions is crushed, start making spearmanii stacks and prepare to Autoresolve Paris once Carloman dies (This will happen between 20-30 turns in iirc)
>>1112084
>>1115735
>>1116090
If there's any interest I made a unit/faction mod for Charlemagne.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2603635739
>>
File: lKPehYv.jpg (2.87 MB, 3234x8117)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
>>
>>1182732
Fall of the Eagles got an update this week, awesome
>>
I was just thinking of how Attila has the most fleshed out political system of any total war. It's kind of like a Crusader Kings game instead you play as a nation instead of a dynasty. That being said I was wondering if it was possible to change the ethnic makeup of your empire by arranging marriages. Has anybody tried this?
>>
>>1140569
fear the superior celtic cock romanoid
>>
>>1184342
i once got one of my family to marry attila's daughter, then later on married her to attila. unfortunately after 1 turn this broke the save file and would crash on start up
>>
>>1182732
rome pls
>>
>>1182732
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOO
>>
>>1140569
The Embark only Through Ports mod helps a little
>>
Your thoughts on the Europa Perdita mod, anon?
>>
>>1185269
Pretty good besides the whole Realm Divided-tier event when Attila arrives, pitching every nation you have subdued into revolting against you with the help of the horse fuckers.

It is meant to simulate the dual powers of the hunnic confederacy and Rome during the Attila period, but honestly it is a hassle to see even your most eastern alliances taking a chance at destroying you.

I found it fun, but the empire divided thing just broke me.
>>
>>1112221
Holy shit I've given up on Atilla tw bcuz of the fps but after trying this, the game is smooth af. Thanks brah
>>
>>1185762
I see, thanks anon. Did you play it with FoTE?
>>
>>1188095
Yes.

But I played it around the end of last year. There have been updates.
>>
>>1188888
Check'd and nice, I'm gonna replay Attila now
>>
File: i dont feel so good.jpg (6 KB, 296x170)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1108781
Bros, my computer bricked and now I can't play Attila.

What is a good strategy game for playstation?
>>
File: Burgundian autism.jpg (314 KB, 1920x1080)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>1139234
>Rome 2 is shit
>Vow to never buy another CA game at full price
>Attila turns out to be god tier like Shogun 2
>Still only buy it from a sale a few years later out of spite
I imagine i wasn't the only one
>>
Do you prefer to play as the barbarian kingdoms or the great migrators?
>>
>>1192425
rome
>>
What are some good mods for this that aren't total overhauls?
>>
File: 1648522225385.jpg (125 KB, 1432x891)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>1192724
The only correct answer.
I wish the Sassanids weren't so mind-numbingly boring.
>>
File: IMG_20220918_215352.jpg (746 KB, 2048x1463)
746 KB
746 KB JPG
Anyone got the anonfiles link to the ToB files?
>>
>>1193148
kill yourself
>>
File: IMG_20220918_220532.jpg (419 KB, 1867x1013)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>>1193259
bit rude tee bee aich
>>
>>1193297
honorius' chicken didn't die for this
>>
>>1182732
>>
>>1193598
Re roll
>>
>>1182732
what will it be?
>>
>>1193598
>>1194793
RIP
>>
File: sudoku.jpg (403 KB, 720x1010)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>>1194793
reroll
>>
>>1194793
Rome is the only valid choice.
>>
Playing some rome 2 right now bros. Downloaded a bunch of mods.

>no ai starvation
>gaurenteed major factions
>a more aggressive ai

Etc all that kinda stuff. Give the ai a better chance. Decided to pick tylis cause they have the thracian warriors and some decent swords so figured thats cool. They have a really fun start. Lots of random greeks. They all fucking hate you. You are broke as hell. Alot of fun.
>>
File: total war attila poison.png (1.11 MB, 1452x679)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
Interesting
>>
>>1142232
Cavalry was fucking useless in Rome 2.
Top tier cavalry units charging at the back of mid tier infantry units would barely do any damage. Empire divided, by far the best Rome 2 campaign, basically Attila on Rome 2, brought some good cavalry to the game iirc. I remember playing Empire divided as the Alans using full cavalry armies and having a good time.
>>
File: king alaric.jpg (603 KB, 1920x2716)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>1177735
And yet in the end they took and held Rome and eventually drove the mudslimes out. So, who's the "barbarian", medboy?
>>
>>1198841
what were they thinking
>>
>>1198841
>>1199359
What wrong with that picture, I don't get it.
>>
>>1199434
poison arrows being OP and grinding units without counter
>>
kek
>>
>>1198867
Don't bother, meds are eternally coping and seething over having been so completely mogged by Germanic tribes.
>>
>>1199466
Wait, how can the enemy armies suffer almost 4000 total losses without any of your units causing a single casualty? Wtf is going on?
>>
>>1199493
they commited sudoku
>>
>>1199493
It's poison arrows. The damage and kill is attributed to the poison instead of the archers. If a poison arrow hits a single unit of a battalion, the whole battalion gets poison damage and stamina depletion as if that wasn't enough.

Also, there are the regular slavic poison archers and the unique super poison archers that uses heavy poison arrows in the Antean faction. Now imagine having 17 of those super archers in your army and you get what anon has. The funniest part is that those super archer can get a unit upgrade for better stats and more ammo.
>>
>>1200380
>hit one guy with a poison arrow
>some guy next to him dies for no reason
uh... attilabros????
>>
>>1124856
>semitic paganism being super inflammatory

checks out even today, you know im right

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.