[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 38 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: banner-AE.png (114 KB, 1170x482)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
https://subsetgames.com/itb_ae.html

>We are excited to announce the free Advanced Edition update for Into the Breach, coming out on July 19th! Nearly every aspect of the game will be expanded with new content.

>New Mechs and Weapons: Five new mech squads and nearly forty new weapons.

>New Challenges: More enemies, more bosses, and more mission objectives that add additional challenge and variety to any run.

>New Pilot Abilities: The expanded roster includes four new pilots and triple the amount of skills any pilot can earn through promotions.

>Alongside the Advanced Edition, we will also be bringing Into the Breach to Android and iOS devices! We have partnered with Netflix for this mobile version, so it will be free to play on both phone and tablet devices for everyone with a Netflix subscription.

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8DCsU8MJxE
>>
>>1105497
well that came out of nowhere, but if its on the same scale as ftl its welcome
>>
>>1105497
Wonderful
>it will be free to play on both phone and tablet devices for everyone with a Netflix subscription
wtf? I mean, I'll take it, but wtf?
>>
I heard good things about it and it sounds like a good fit for mobile. It's as good a time as any to get into it, I guess.
>>
Wew i just started replaying it like 3 days ago
Now my playthrough can go straight into the trash
>>
>>1105497
Woah no fuckin way. There better be an editor.
>>
File: 1598824342488.jpg (53 KB, 1000x627)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Based, I love FTL and ItB but always felt the latter was lacking in replayability.
>>
>>1105541
Netflix has started hoarding mobile game exclusives, Downwell dev's new mobile game POINPY is also exclusive to Netflix subscribers.
>>
>>1105647
FLT is better game of the two. I finished Breach once with every team, but I haven't touched it since. Gameplay is fine, very chess like in a way that you need to predict several moves ahead. There's just not enough diversity in maps and enemies, so even when you go at the campaign with different team, they all end up playing the same.
>>
>>1105541
Netflix is losing deals for TV series because literally everyone is making their own streaming service, so they're branching out.
>>
>>1105683
>you need to predict several moves ahead
No you don't, except maybe in the final fight you sometimes benefit from thinking one turn ahead. If anything, thinking ahead is harmful for most of the game, since every turn it balances itself so that you're capable of handling it well (at least about 98% of the time), if you're at the expected power level, which is determined by the island count. The final encounter is the only exception to this.
Honestly, saying something like that makes me question if you've actually played the game. Or maybe you're just grandstanding with epic chess analogies.
>>
>>1106213
>saying something like that makes me question if you've actually played the game.
It's more than likely. The game doesn't advertise that it sets itself up to be solved, so normal people play and think they're smart... which is how good puzzles work.
Or maybe anon played several years ago and just remembers it being a fun game and said one mildly unrelated thing because he forgot it's not that.
No need to get upset.
>>
>>1106282
>>1106213
I think some of the setups rely on mechanics that take multiple turns to kill, so I see why someone would misremember having to think turns ahead. But angry anon is right, you have to deal with everything the turn it becomes active and you usually need to spend all of your actions to do it. I remember being surprised how well this worked, probably the game makes sure to spawn enemies only in places you can actually deal with them safely. In retrospect, I think that's part of the reason it's much less replayable than FTL, there is a theme park feel to it, the game is trying hard to ensure you have fun rather than trying to kill you. You don't have to - and can't actually git gud in ITB.
>>
>>1106282
Based calmposter
>>
>>1106205
And mobile games literally print money, huh. I wouldn't bet on them to bring much quality to this barren desert of a platform, tho.
>>
>>1105497
Finally some good fucking kino
Any mods for this game people would recommend to play in the meantime?
>>
>>1105497
Huh, was thinking of going back to it, I never did complete it fully. Pretty awesome of the devs to keep tinkering with their product, you always know they're passionate about the game.
>>
>>1105497
Seems like a big expansion, I kind of got bored of the original
>>
>>1106282
>upset
>>1106310
>angry
>>1106312
>calm
lolwut, astroturfing much?
>>
File: 1520390827347.jpg (7 KB, 274x112)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1105647
>>
the shitty, generic and talentless shilling is putting me off it tbqh

they should have hired better advertisers
>>
>>1107554
>>
Shit, nice. Shame its not out now since I'm traveling and could use a low specs strategy to play
>>
>>1105497
Super fucking nice. IttB was great fun but I hit the point where I'd seen pretty much everything it had to offer so this is most welcome
>>
>>1107647
>Shills
Nobody is being paid to advertise the game, do your own research then decide if you like it or not
>>
On this day, I am most pleased. Can't wait to get some more mechs to play with
>>
>>1107647
i have no idea what they as a studio have been doing all these years. its been over a decade since ftl came out and itb isnt exactly fresh either
>>
>>1107861
probably just retired on a fat stack of cash, only working a few hours a week
>>
>>1107647
take ur meds bro
>>
>>1107882
p based, not gonna lie thats what id end up doing if i struck gold as hard as they did. yes its reviews over 10 years but still
>>
>>1109058
like, i don't blame them, but it's not something that leads to a consistent output of good vidya
>>
File: 1637981229811.png (128 KB, 969x363)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>1105683
>FTL is better game of the two.
Hell no it isn't, FTL is a braindead numbers game where luck is more influential than strategy.
>>
>>1105683
>FLT is better game of the two.
FTL is a good game, but I think into the breach was done better. They learned from their mistakes.
>>
>>1107554
Did you think we were all the same anon or something?
Real words are more fun than memewords.
>>
>>1109497
Lmao, ItB is basically
>Did the vek move into the environmental hazards or stupid positions for free kills?
or
>Did the vek actually attack you in a way where you will need to play optimally to win the encounter
or
>Did the vek attack you well enough that even perfect play will require you to make a sacrifice
>>
So will there be more achievements? I found it fun to handicap myself to get them all.
>>
>>1109497
Even in games where i get no luck i can generally win. Luck is a good factor in the game but just understanding what should be upgraded for your circumstances is more important.
>>
>>1109809
>Shill thread
>Someone says something that's not negative even by the standards of a hugbox, let alone /vst/ but does take a big shit on the strategy aspect of the game
>3 separate "anons" spend a part of their post passive aggressively trying to characterize this guy as angry and upset, like as if anybody genuinely from here would care in the first place even if he was lol
Sure, it's all just a coincidence. Don't @ me with your shill team, I'm nta, and besides I'm outta this potemkin village
>>
butthurt shills are the funniest kind. maybe they should try not being shit at their jobs.
>>
>>1111539
You're on to something.
>>
>Defend the train
>Your Blitzkrieg
>>
>>1106213
This, I like the game but honestly it gets boring when you are >tfw too intelligent (like me) because you can't lose. I can see the optimal play every round, there's zero need to think ahead, just perform the optimal move and you'll win 100% of the time with zero difficulty.
>>
>>1109497
Just when you haven't learned the game enough. I thought the game was impossible at first, but the more I played it, the more I understood that it's just about making the right decisions to mitigate risk-factors. Now I can win at max difficulty with a high probability.
>>
I'd play it but it being all more of a random generated puzzle game than strategy game kinda decreases interest.
I'll just go back to my SRPG backlog
>>
>>1113186
>blitzkrieg
>opting to play a train map

>no choice
perfect game ruined, time to restart. better luck next time.
>>
>>1113269
Its easier if you are fighting scarabs because they can't attack within 1 tile, too bad other missions suck too
>Defend the robots
>Unfreeze 5 buildings and also kill 7 enemies
>Defend the land mover
>Defend the bombs

There are a few more but at least you get extra units to do stuff
>>
File: bullshit.png (502 KB, 1920x1080)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
Always a way to win without grid damage my ass, perfect run cancelled
>>
>>1115243
>Always a way to win without grid damage
Has anyone actually made such statement? I think even on Normal difficulty you can get unlucky enough to get a position that is not solvable with "perfect" result
But that's fine, perfectionists can go fuck themselves.
>>
I absolutely love this game. FTL and ItB are 2 of my favorite indie games... are these fuckers ever going to release anything new?
>>
>>1117871
Most likely no it seems considering how much time has passed
>>
>>1117871
No, they are busy having perpetual gay sex on a giant pile of cum soaked money (allegedly)
>>
>>1117871
i wish there's a rpg version of itb
>>
File: FTL-1.jpg (100 KB, 900x290)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>1109497
>luck
>>1109784
>FTL is a good game, but I think into the breach was done better. They learned from their mistakes.
I never looked into the breach but early FTL did have shitty luck-based mechanic. You'd retry run a billion time to obtain the right even for the crystal cruiser.
FTL:Adv have new mechanic but it remain very luck based.

You think you've got the hang of it, but you'll still feel pray to a chain of back luck that kill the entire crew of your fully boosted dream ship right before the final boss

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.